Speaker 1: Hi, guys.
Speaker 2: This is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spin off show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules. All right, guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and and Emily Simpson.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us. We are excited.
Speaker 2: I feel like, I mean, between this and the twats the amount of headlines and things that have gone down in the last I don't know, forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in the Battle world, a lot in the Bravo world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was thinking you had a lot to talk about in your other podcast, your other headlines.
Speaker 2: I was like, for like, and I feel like, at any second, somebody else is going to get fired and I'm going to have missed it and it's going to be right after a pod and then I'm like, holy shit. And then that led me to another question. If you were to get fired, yes, how would you announce it?
Speaker 1: Okay, that is a good question, And I think first of all, I would be honest. I wouldn't be one of those people where it's like, well, I just decided that it was time for me to move on, I would just be honest about it. Okay, they didn't ask me to come back. And you know, I always told Shane, when the stay comes, because this day will come eventually. It just happens to all of us. At some point. You expire at some point. I always said, just give me like a week to just kind of like process it and be sad, because it's sad. It's like the end of an era, the end of something you've done for a long time. And then I feel like I'll be happy and relieved and excited to move on and do something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it. You'll go through different different stages of grief, happiness, whatever it may be. Right, Yeah, there is always that like first part of rejection where like your feelings are almost hurt.
Speaker 1: Well, of course your feelings get hurt. They basically say you're not what sit are done with, You are screen anymore. So I mean there's no way to feel good about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So even if it's not something you really enjoy doing anymore in your life, it's still that, like any form of rejection is hard exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: And you know, to the women out there, the housewives who have actually liked did Candice actually quit because didn't she announce before the reunion that she wasn't coming back? So I assume she quit. Is that what you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that there's a pretty good chance that she quit. But something that we talked about on Twatz was at right before the reunion on Potomac, they said to her, we don't want you to be so vitriolic or whatever it is this reunion. And then as she's leaving, she walks out and she says, you really want me to be friends with this and looks at Giselle.
Speaker 1: So I think what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Like in this situation is regardless of somebody's quitting or not, which quitting before, like at if you're pregnant does make sense to me, right because especially with your first work, you may probably want to enjoy that, like even with the third was hard. But I mean, I don't think you ever one hundred percent know. Andy did say, and one person supposedly quit and one person.
Speaker 1: Supposedly got or got fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Andy said he thinks he will see them both back on Potomac. So I feel like they both may have gotten a talking to and one may have taken that talking to to say go kick rocks, and then the other one.
Speaker 1: Just you know, said I'll just take time off. Yeah what you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Has there ever been a housewife that's actually quit, Well, not showing up to a reunion means that you quit, Bethany, So Bethany Bethany quit LVP, did not show up to a reunion. Okay, that's so that was Lisa Vanner Pump that didn't show up.
Speaker 2: I don't know that anyone that's not extremely wealthy has ever. Did Lydia actually walk away her first season of OC or is that what just was rumored?
Speaker 1: I heard that she asked for a lot more money going into her second season, so they told her to go kick rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that would make sense too. I think also when people think that they're going to get more than like whatever the standard, right, especially when you're in.
Speaker 1: Your first one, two, three, four seasons, I don't really feel like you have a negotiating power, no, and especially when you're Lydia or that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, was that an asshole.
Speaker 1: Thing to say that?
Speaker 2: I mean maybe they did end up having her back at another point in time, but I don't think they probably paid her tons more money to do so, but is what it is. But speaking of being fired at one point in time, this first headline is the Valley Star. Jack's tail walks back on his claims that vander Pump Rules is scripted, according to Deadline, I mean, this is so good, this is I love it so As you know, I have a big mouth and it gets me in trouble from time to time, Taylor said on the latest episode of When Reality Hits podcast, which he hosts with his wife, Britney Cartwright. Cartwright noted that she was not present at the bar where he hosted a viewing party for the show, adding, do not group me in with what he says. Jack's admitted certain people on the show may rub me the wrong way from time to time, but I should have never trashed the show like that. Vander Pump has been and continues to be incredible TV, and I will always stand by that. As many of you know and have seen, I can overreact impulsively and I just wanted to apologize for all that. I'm sorry, guys, that was very wrong of me, he added. Honestly, couldn't have been more wrong. It's the most authentic show out there. There's nothing scripted it. You can't script this stuff.
Speaker 1: I love how it's not just like an apology like I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. It's like an apology that's like I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It's the best television show on TV. It's amazing, it's iconic. I was so wrong. Like, clear clearly he got in some trouble.
Speaker 2: Like, clearly he got in some trouble. But the way that he is so excited about vander Pump been talking that, it almost sounds like he's being facetious, like shore buddy. Yeah, Like now you're seeming a little over the top with your right, like you want me to apologize?
Speaker 1: All right, here you go. I'm sorry. It's the best show ever. It's not scripted, scripted, what how do you script this stuff? Wait? Is this a dumb question? But does this mean that he's doing a podcast with his wife when they're no longer together? Yes, so like they're separated. Hey, attention, I'm a I've been filming a TV show. Oh is that shade? Yes?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to sit around and look at all this instagram headlined like you do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Right. I know, it's just oh, it's just so effortless. But yes, no, they do a podcast together. They've also been doing press together but doing press separately where we got a lot of information.
Speaker 1: So Jack said Sena was an quote absentee parent at that same event, Shena responded, Jax made a disgusting comment about me and was saying some untrue things about Vanner Pump rules. But what bothered me the most was he was at his self named bar Jax's seemingly drunk, probably had a lot of pasta that's in quotes that night to eat, and he said he had the audacity to say that I'm always out partying and leaving my child to be raised by my mother. But also it's just so far from the truth and he should know this, She continued, starting to cry. Ninety five percent of the time when i'm Ali usually is a word thing, and it's also after I put my kid to bed, and it's so frustrating because I'm like, yes, I do do a lot of stuff, and I do go out often, but I can't make plans before nine pm. And if that means I'm going to be tired the next day, I'm still going to wake up and with my kid in the court.
Speaker 2: So I mean, one, I hate that she has to defend herself or working or going out or whatever it may be. I just think of all the parents, all the people to judge somebody's parenting. Jack's maybe this isn't year realm.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. And you know, when you're on a show, you're obligated to do a lot of press and do a lot of things. I mean, I have mom guilt too. I'm sure you did as well. Yeah, but that's it's a career. It's you do have to do a lot of things. You do have to do press, you do have to be seen, you do have to answer questions and be out and about. But I think that she has a good point that a lot of things she does is after the kid goes to bed, and she said, you know, she wakes up the next morning with no matter how tired you are, that's what you do as a mom.
Speaker 2: And also I think the part that you know, people can fite back on as being like, oh well no, she was at Coachella, that's not work. But what everybody has to remember is these events, like I don't even know what event she was at But let's say it's the Celsius event at Coachella. Most likely, if there are people there from reality television at those events, it's because it's a sponsored event and they are being paid to be there, right, So.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying it was Celsius. I can't remember.
Speaker 2: I saw so much Coachella content that I like blacked it all out. But you have to make it. If you solely are making money from doing a television show and you don't figure out other ways to bring income, generate income, you're going to run out of money. So you have to take the opportunities that you are given while you are given them, exactly. Like I just feel like, clearly Jax was on a good one that night. I don't know if it was the pasta, but I do think like, okay, so let's get back.
Speaker 1: To the PASA. Didn't Rachel Raquel on a podcast, didn't she confirm that passa was actually passive? And now she is saying Pasa isn't really pasta?
Speaker 2: Well, and then I feel like Lala once said that pasta was positive, but then maybe Rachel said pasta no. I don't know. Do we believe Rachel about everything? Though?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess she's not a very valid source of information, so maybe not, but or maybe PASA has just become the code word for other things, regardless of what it meant originally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, maybe they were pissed about the bolognais originally, but I mean they all have said it really is pasta. But I think she's just the same way that in this episode she does a song about the Jedda and the blah blah blah, like alluding to whatever. Like I don't think she was doing any eluding. Yeah, it's not implying if you just say it explicitly. Yeah, I mean, but I do think that Jack's probably has the personality type when he is drunk at his bar and some and everybody's up there, like, you know, fanning over him. If that's what's happening, he is going to just put on a show and say whatever shit he can say about anybody. Like, I don't think he's thinking about the repercussions. But I thought that him and Shea were friends. So that's where it's a little bit confusing to me. Well clearly not now, well clearly not now. But I just I don't know why he even needed to say that.
Speaker 1: It just yuck.
Speaker 2: It gave me the yuck. But then also her sena blowing up what pasta is is also confusing to me. So now I need we need to really talk to Katie when she comes on about pasta.
Speaker 1: I feel like she'll tell us the truth. You want to get a real clear answer on the pasta.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if it is pasta, what kind of pasta was it? Was it? Seely?
Speaker 1: Was it pennae?
Speaker 2: Was it spaghetti? Like?
Speaker 1: What pasta was.
Speaker 2: On? Was it mac and cheese? I mean, what are we really talking about here? Does it have truffles on it? Like? I need to know, like how upset we could get over a pasta? Because I could get pretty upset over a pasta? Well I would too, absolutely, Yeah, Like I don't want people taking bites of something that I really thinks delicious exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh god, gosh, those are fighting actions.
Speaker 2: That is a fighting action. This next one, this was hard for me. This was a hard one for me. Joe appearing on the Rachel Goes Rogue podcast and talks about the singles to night she went to a shorts. Okay, my first question is because I have not listened to the Rachel goes roe podcast, but I'm assuming one of the producers on this pod probably does, so maybe they can shed some light on This is her podcast recapping vander Pump Rules. Yes, okay, this is where I am really confused. I know we are going to be talking about Joe and whatnot, and I realized that I am no longer on a television show and I am recapping these shows. That being said, I never went to a mental health facility to get over the trauma that I had on the said television show, nor were there any lawsuits filed nor any of those things. I really am having a hard time wrapping my head around somebody wanting to free themselves of this negativity, of this life, of these things that happened, and then recapping it on their podcast talking about these people.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's basically inserting yourself back into their lives but from a safe distance. But how is that healthy? Because everyone is going to hear it and comments on it. Now. I mean, we're watching Sandoval listen to all four episodes or whatever of her podcast and then reacting to it. It's like she's like the wizard behind the curtain, you know that, like get the comments on everything and watch it, but then also say she can't be involved in it because of mental health issues. Yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I guess it's her way to get her narrative across without actually getting in the dirt with the cast.
Speaker 1: But is that sure?
Speaker 2: I don't know. But I also I think if you're gonna I understand why she wanted to do the first four talking about Tom and talking about her experience, But then I thought the podcast was going to move on from vander Pump rules and talk about other things and whether she is or she isn't. I just find it odd stating the things that she has stated, and it makes me, well, then I it made me because you know, I have all this time on my hands. According to Emily, it made me go on to the Rachel Goes Rogue Instagram page and read the comments and what did you learn? I mean a lot of people are eating her.
Speaker 1: Alive in these comments.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, I thought you wanted to be done with the toxicity, So why are we talking? Why are you talking about it? I brand the toxicity. I'll do anything for pay, So you want to pay me, I'm open to doing it. But to say I want to be done with it and then talking about it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. So you think she's a hypocrite because she says she's not able to be on the show because she wants away from the toxicity, but then she inserts herself back in it and allows people to comment and react, which is all toxic.
Speaker 2: And then as Joe appear on the pod, where not only does Joe talk about Schwartz, she also talks about Tom, Like even the conversation about the singles event where Joe's like, sorry to say this in funny you and then Rachel's like, oh, I don't care, but like we were there to support Sandoval on his singles night, and then they like are recapping the dates and if Rachel's still in rehat, like all of it is just but these are the big takeaways that I got. Joe claims that Schwartz told her off camera that he was going to take a yellow or a red wristband at Singles Night, indicating he's taken or it's complicated, but when they got there, he asked for a green wrist band out of nowhere. Then Joe was protective over the hat he almost gave to that girl because it's a special hat that his dad gave to him. She says he lied about having more in storage. Then she says that she and Shorts were dating at the time and she was staying at his apartment the whole time. He came home that night and lied about kissing anyone, so Joe had to find out from production months later when she did her confessional. But then Joe said two different things on this podcast. She first said I was already in bed sleeping in the extra bedroom when he got home. But then she said something along the lines of like, well, I was walking the dogs and did this and blah blah blah, and like Joe, the first sign is if you walk into a singles thing and the guy that you think you're dating puts on a he's single. You don't need to stay any longer and manage his hat or his hair or anything else.
Speaker 1: You need to move out. You need you need to not stay there. You need to stop sleeping with him.
Speaker 2: You need to stop sleeping with him, you need to stop coloring his hair, you need to stop walking his dogs. You need to maybe not say how much you love him and what a r time Brent she is on Instagram. And then go on Rachel's podcast and talk about him and what a liar he is.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Oh Joe, Yo Joe.
Speaker 2: But Joe didn't do any of this. I saw on any of the clips. No, any of the clips that was that was confusing to me.
Speaker 1: Tom Schwartz has openly started dating a twenty three year old Sophia Scorro, and their eighteen year age gap is not stopping Shorts from gushing about his new girlfriend. In an interview with Access Hollywood, Schwartz opened up about Scorro and how she's not just his new girlfriend. She also has a vintage clothing store, Short said, shop so Scope. But he also talked about what makes her so special and why he's dating her, saying she's just really effing cool. She's charismatic and clever and kind of unconventionally funny. He even admitted, so, I saw her photo. If she's twenty three, I'm twenty three because she looks eleven.
Speaker 2: She I mean, I was, she looked like she could be slates age. She looks so young. He also says she's way cooler than me, and even though he is still going through his breakup with Joe, Weinberg over their situationship.
Speaker 1: He is apparently very happy.
Speaker 2: I'm happy, said, it's kind of new and exciting, and I kind of feel at peace for the first time in a long time. It's been really pleasant. She's just a bad ass human being. Do we think this is why Joe has gone rogue and went on the pod and said all these things because she's pissed about Soasco and the unconventionally being funny and.
Speaker 1: Absolutely now see mystery salved. She was happy to defend him, and then now she knows that like he was making out with people at singles night, and I think she realized that he was never really into her. That she put a lot of time effort into this relationship hoping that there was going to be something between them at the end, and when she realized that there was a lot of investment on her part and none on his, She's like, f off, Now I'm going to go on this podcast and talk about what a liar you are. I mean, I can't imagine that at this point. Do you think they have a friendly relationship at all?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I can't. I don't know how. It's kind of hard. I think even seeing Haitie and Shortz to have an unfriendly relationship with him because he pretends to be just such a puppy dog. Whether he is or he is not, I don't know, but I do think he told Joe repeatedly he did not want to be in a relationship with her.
Speaker 1: I think so too, But I think that he continues to allow her to live there, and I think he also says I love you while he's also saying I don't want to be in a relationship with you, and then they sleep together.
Speaker 2: Joe also says that when he gets drunk, he likes to make out with people, which then I'm like, Joe, if you know this, you know that means that also can be you. Like, when he gets drunk, he wanted to hook up with you, right, Like, I think that goes all the ways. But yeah, I was finding it just a little interesting. I was like, what happened to that Instagram post where she said I'll love you no matter what? What did she call him again? Tea money?
Speaker 1: T money?
Speaker 2: Yeah, money, and he calls her Joseph.
Speaker 1: Joseph. That's very sexy. That's what I would want to be called as a female. Joseph Joseph like Emiliano for me great, I'd love it if Shane called me.
Speaker 2: That Emilio get over here.
Speaker 1: So who knows?
Speaker 2: I have a feeling if Vandon Pump Rules comes around again, we'll see Sophia. But in the meantime, we're going to be watching this situationship. I'm guessing more throughout Vandon Pump Rules. Right now, we are recapping season eleven, episode twelve. The episode starts off with Sheena at Kyle Chan's store to shoot a new music video for Good as Gold featuring the twenty sevens. Arion and Lalla show up. They're going to make appearances in the music video first and foremost. I have an ignorant question. Okay, well, do you know who the twenty sevens are? And should we know? No?
Speaker 1: And why are they twenty seven? Are there twenty seven of them? Or are they all aged twenty seven?
Speaker 2: Are they? Yeah? They do? They wish they were twenty seven? Are there lucky numbers two and seven? Like I just I don't know. I'm assuming is.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven the age in Hollywood when most of the famous actors died, like Remote Phoenix and Amy Winehouse. And there's a lot of them.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: Is it age twenty seven? I don't know that.
Speaker 2: If that, if you're right on that, I'm honestly, like very impressed that you would know such him. Yes, you are right twenty seven clubs, so maybe that's why. But do you really want to be in a band that's about when people die?
Speaker 1: I don't want to be in that club.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't need to.
Speaker 1: I hate to break at you and you.
Speaker 2: Past the claw?
Speaker 1: Is there a forty nine club? Because I don't want to be in that one?
Speaker 2: But then Katie sends a picture saying she's not going to make it because she's sick. But I'm like, Katie, if you're going to send a deathbed pick like, you need to smear your makeup like a little bit more red.
Speaker 1: That's a hot sunbie, I'm sick.
Speaker 2: I was like, gosh, even cruise does better? Uh? All like mom, I'm sick holding his thermometer up to like the layup, trying to warm up the heat. But yes, they shoot the music video, which I do have to say that song is catchy.
Speaker 1: It is catchy, But when did she write this song? Was it a long time time ago? So long ago? And she's just now making the music video.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's over ten years ago, so this is a remix with the twenty sevens.
Speaker 1: I see, okay, got it?
Speaker 2: I see? I see.
Speaker 1: I also was confused why.
Speaker 2: Arianna and Sheena both had sparkly outfits but Lala just had a black outfit.
Speaker 1: I don't think there was any coordinating, like maybe there wasn't a costume memo that went out. It was like just show up and dance.
Speaker 2: I was also kept maybe this was like an editing thing, but I kept waiting for their mouths to actually match the words, but it didn't happen. So now I guess I'm gonna have to go back and watch. Has the music video been released? Do we need to watch it? I need to see it, and it's final for we.
Speaker 1: Need to recap the music video.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe this was for that like uber commercial. Remember they did so the uber commercial made good as gold like bigg because remember right after Scandabal, they did good as Gold with the Uber So I think they're just capitalizing on the song's popularity.
Speaker 1: I guess I get it. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Now we get Alli and James.
Speaker 1: Allie tells James that Rachel is blaming him for Hippie's behavior. On her podcast, Rachel also claims she was really upset after her breakup with James and she never actually loved Tom. You believe that, No, I don't believe that. I think that she keeps saying that she never loved Tom because she feels like that's what she needs to.
Speaker 2: Say, whether it was real love or satuation. I do think she went from one not great relationship to another not great relationship. But to say she never loved him, I'm like, so you just created all this shit storm for fun, for giggles, for some guy you don't care about. Yeah, Like, at least if you said yeah, I mean, I was wrong and I realized how Tom of our relationship was, but I thought I was in love with him.
Speaker 1: I feel like saying that she was in love with him would justify the behavior more than saying she never cared about him. Yeah, saying you never saying she never cared makes it very lase fair, very flippant, like she doesn't care that she does ruined people's lives for just some guys she didn't care about. Well.
Speaker 2: I also think it's her way of still wanting to get into both James and Tom's head, yes, because at this point now we see later in the episode that they get in a fight over this, but also Tom Santoval is clearly very upset by this statement. YadA, YadA, YadA. But then we still get into James and Ali talking about their future.
Speaker 1: Wait, can I say one more thing? Though, she's actually very intelligent if she figured this out a way for her to not be on the show, but to be on the show, like she's figured out a way for her to have a podcast and be in a lot of the Like everything going on in this episode this time was based upon them hearing things that she said on a podcast, yet she's not on the show, Like that was I don't know if that was diabolical on her part or she knew that she was going to be able to affect them that way by having a podcast, but like, is she that smart or does this.
Speaker 2: Just happen to happen that way? Well, I mean, I feel like I don't know how many times has to teas and a pod been brought up on OC this season in general, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't I mean been brought up.
Speaker 2: Yes, it has, Yes, So I think there is a formula at this point, people know, like I know on Jersey, like their podcasts get brought up like there. At this point, podcasts are out there enough that you know that you speak about things, it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: I just wonder if she knew how much of an effect her podcast would have on their behavior and conversations while they were filming.
Speaker 2: I guess that's my question. Well, I think it the release date was not probably an accident, true, if you are going I mean, the Bethany interview was a huge deal when it first came out, the interview that Rachel did with Ben Ray, so I think it followed up from that. She got herself a deal and then capitalized on it. But then the part that I thought was confusing as something else that she said was you know, at first when La La called her, she thought Laala legitimately was checking on her, But then she realized watching back on the show that it was for the show. And I'm like, well, so is this Yeah, exactly, it's all for the show, right if you want to move on, like and I know I'm repeating myself, but if you want to move on from something and you never want to talk at about it again.
Speaker 1: Then you wouldn't talk about it, you would you would move on, and you wouldn't talk about it. Then you talk about it, and you're you're capitalizing on it just like she is.
Speaker 2: Which you which in your first four episode said you had a major problem with people capitalizing on this. But anyhow, then we get into Ali and James talking about their future together where Ali kind of says that she hasn't ever thought about having kids or getting married, and James starts to.
Speaker 1: Cry, Yeah, I actually I actually thought this was really sad, and I kept thinking to myself, have they never had a serious conversation about what they would both want in the future? Like was he sincerely shocked by the fact that she was like, I don't know if I ever want to get married really have kids? But he was crying, well, so so did that just? Has that just never come up? Like they've been together a year and a half and they lived together, but there's never been any conversation about a future.
Speaker 2: Then I also don't understand really what this statement means. Listen, I wouldn't be with you if I didn't see a future, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what kind of future? Does that future include marriage and children? Or does that future just include living in this house.
Speaker 2: It is a show, yeah, I'm gonna say, Or the future is the future of us being on this television show and me launching my singing career right putting up with your shit and my star charts.
Speaker 1: Don't forget those.
Speaker 2: Having said, I do really like Ali, I think that she probably isn't I believe there's a big age gap between the two of them, or maybe I'm just making that up in my head, but yeah, I mean, she may not be there yet and he is just coming out of being engaged to somebody that it didn't work out, So I'm assuming she probably needs more time before she decides what that future entails. And I think when I think, also, it's very tricky when you talk about moving in together when somebody doesn't live in your town, you move in together in order to be in the same location, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's not like they both lived in la and she moved in she lived I think it was Indiana or somewhere in the Midwest to my knowledge, I could be wrong, but to my knowledge, and then when she moved out here, she you know, did that. And Ali was also on a reality show prior to called The Valley. It's also called The Valley, the First Valley. It's an old reality show. Oh, I remember seeing clips about this, but I don't remember that. Well, so we'll have to go down that rabbit hole in another day. Well that's interesting. It was on the CW.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a younger crowd than what I'm used to.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I mean Ali is twenty eight, so she's young compared to the rest of the cast.
Speaker 1: I forget how old they are sometimes because I still picture them as like servers, like they like they just came to LA and they're like, you know, serving and bartending. And then I realized they're like in their forties. They're my age, and I have four kids.
Speaker 2: I know they are my age. But then Ariana Lala Sheen are also talking about Rachel's new podcasts and the lies she is spreading on there. The lies Rachel claimed Ariana and her weren't close, but the vander Pump flashbacks and Arianna say otherwise. Sheena's pissed because Rachel only contributed a thousand dollars towards rent she never stopped. What is up with these people caring? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why that's right. I don't know. That's very very petty.
Speaker 2: Like get over it, and that she had sex in her bed. But I couldn't help myself. But under this entire scene, whose was sitting on the table.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice that.
Speaker 2: You're very aware it's called obsessive compulsive disorder.
Speaker 1: Yes it is, I said, very aware. You say, oh CD, I got it. Who do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I know I already. I mean, I'm it could be multiple people's.
Speaker 1: Well there's only three of them, right, yeah, well okay, I would say, is it law loss? No, but she's she's gonna have a baby, so she's going to be healthy. It's Sheena's.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to out somebody's vaping in this moment.
Speaker 2: This may have been a moment where maybe Sheena didn't need to step in. This could have maybe just normally I'm not happy to hear ariana side of things, but in this particular setting, I didn't need Shena to be upset about the rent. Clearly you told her she could stay at your place.
Speaker 1: Right, and if she only contributed a thousand dollars, you were okay with that. That was you were fine with that contribution because you didn't have a problem with it at the time.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, So, and I believe I remember there was all this back and forth about the cat and the litter and the I mean all of it, Okay, And clearly Rachel's claiming that she wasn't close with Arianna because again what we talked about before.
Speaker 1: If she says they were close, that makes her look even worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if she says I didn't love Tom and Arianna and I weren't close, she's trying to distance herself from everything.
Speaker 2: Why can't she just say Arianna and I had a relationship. But clearly, when I started everything with Tom, I pulled myself away because I felt guilty. I felt back like just at least explain to us the actual dynamics. But both of them claiming that you know, Tom that he wasn't close with Ariana at the time, and Rachel claiming she wasn't close to Di at the time.
Speaker 1: That whole story is bothersome. Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: Then we get to the sperm donor party, which you can see, like Lisa Vanner Pump really doesn't she did not want to support Laala on this event, but she did like did you see your.
Speaker 1: Face at the bar? Oh, she was relocked up. She's like, wait, we're really doing this. Wait, there's really sperm. We're really doing penn the sperm on the huha, Like this is really happening in my backyard.
Speaker 2: But then yeah, and then she also was like, even just when Lala was bringing it up in the first place, to have the party, like Laala had to start crying and saying like, please, don't try to change my opinion on this, like I really want.
Speaker 1: To do this right.
Speaker 2: And that's when Lisa was like, then probably Lisa thought on her head, Okay, Lala's already sober, so this won't cause a big problem in the show by her not drinking.
Speaker 1: So she'll be fine. We got this.
Speaker 2: She'll be fine, She'll be fine, She'll be able to continue producing, and all will be fine. She asked Ariana to have it at her house. I almost ship my pants when said the house is a hot mess. And then it was even messier than normal.
Speaker 1: It was horrible what happened. I swear every time I see that house, I feel like I accidentally ended up in an episode of Hoarders. Every time.
Speaker 2: I mean, life without Anne is a disaster. How can you just not pick your shit up? How can you have Christmas gifts and boxes and wet towels like all of it, like be like the rest of us and just put all your shit in one cabinet that you don't want to deal with and that you pretend you're going to want one day.
Speaker 1: Exactly. I have a guest bedroom with a guest closet and it is full of shit. Every time people mail me stuff, I put it in that closet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we tell ourselves that we're going to do something with it, and they do not things. No, no, yeah, no. Occasionally it becomes a regift situation. But that's it.
Speaker 1: I did love the sperm Donor party, though I actually got a little teary eyed.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I love I love this entire story. I love everything that La La saying.
Speaker 3: I it makes me so I don't know, it makes me emotional to think how much she's was hurting is hurting in regards to ocean, and why that has.
Speaker 2: Ultimately made her probably feel softer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I mean, that's a lot to deal with, and I'm and she doesn't really expand on it, but I can't imagine what That's why every time I want to divorce Shane, I dis backpedal because I'm like, then I'd have to Then I'd have to share custody of my children with him, and I'd have to work things out with him, and I have to like we'd have to switch vacations and holidays, I know, And then you'd.
Speaker 2: Have to decide if you're going to be the type that like one person gets Christmas Eve, the other person gets Christmas Day, or if it's going to be you get Thanksgiving and you get the Christmas right, or do you.
Speaker 1: Split the day or do you let them come over and watch the kids open presence even though you don't really want them in your house, but that's probably what's best for your kids.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, no, thank you. No, it's a lot of shit. But I do you know everybody voting on the same guy?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 2: But am I such an asshole that in the middle of it, I was like, can we get a pick? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I also have picks, I know, but they don't do that. You can't out these guys. They're not going to donate sperm if they're big pictures out there for everyone to see you.
Speaker 2: True, I did hear. I don't know if I heard this on the show or I heard this on La La, like on a clip or something, but she did say she did not want to actually see pictures of the guys grown up, but she did look at their baby pictures. Oh well that's cute. Isn't that interesting? So that she could kind of pick somebody that looked similar to Ocean, I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, yeah, well that's cute. I like that me too.
Speaker 2: What about when Sandoval shows up to Short's house and he's feeling shells shot, Sandoval breaks down. Sandoval has cried more than like I cried. I'm a big crier.
Speaker 1: But he says we should have a running tallly of how many times Sandival's cried this season, because it's a lot. Yeah, so he's having a cry.
Speaker 2: He listened to the podcast hearing her says she never loved him, shook him to the core after everything they've been through, she'd at least want to give it a shot because of how much he loved her. But at this point, Shorts kind of like, you loved Doriana as well? Yeah, Like he does call her out on this, then guess what Sandoval's late again to go to Tom Tom for brunch.
Speaker 1: But I feel like, I feel like, well, I don't know, maybe it's his editing, but it seemed to me like Lisa walks in and was only there a couple of minutes before she and me he was thirty minutes late. Unless she was just hanging around.
Speaker 2: What do you think she was doing dishes in the back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe she was just like sweeping up or something. That's why I didn't see her on camera.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I also am having a little bit of a hard time seeing Shorts walking around looking like radioactive Ken Like, it's when are we going to get that change?
Speaker 1: Like a buzz cut. He looks like Kate plus eight.
Speaker 2: K plus eight. Then he also shares that he has not accepted Arianna accepted the offer of Santabel buying out the house, and now we hear that he can't buy out the house. He doesn't know if he wants about the house or he can afford to buy the house. And then he asked Shortz to be his roommate and pay six.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars a month. I know, I was like, where where are you you are? All over that He's all over the place, He's all over the map. I mean sometimes when I feel like I'm actually siding with Tom, then he goes and says something ridiculously stupid like this, and then I'm like, oh, right back at square one again.
Speaker 2: No, sometimes I think I'm siding with Tom and then I see a sound check.
Speaker 1: I okay.
Speaker 2: Then we get to Seena and Rock cleaning up over at Ariana's house. This scene, I was like, I don't know, very nice of Shena, and wait, where do you think that came from?
Speaker 1: Do you think they honestly together thought we need to go over there and clean up, or the producers were like, can you go over to our house and clean up? Because we have to film there and we don't want to get a disease. So if you guys could just go and like wipe it down, maybe put some shit away.
Speaker 2: I think they the producers probably said to Shina, if you want to talk about your new song apples, we have a way for you to do it. In exchange, you have to go take over Anne's job and clean up Santabal and Ari on his home so it's more accessible to film it because our camera crew can't get through the hallways.
Speaker 1: It has become dangerous for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm excited to hear what this Apple song comes to be. But I do think maybe Brock and Sheina should have worn masks why they did this clean up and gloves.
Speaker 1: Maybe he has matsuits, like, let's just just has matsuits. Just be safe, just either way.
Speaker 2: And then I love that Arian is just sitting there.
Speaker 1: She's like, all right, you guys want to clean up.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't even helped. She's like, I'm not touching. Those are his water. But then did she say he likes it room timp I was like, you care what temperature he likes his water?
Speaker 1: I don't remember that bart, I remember someone saying that. Yeah, yeah, because because she was like, let's put these in the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Then we're at sound check where James shows up to check on Sandoval's well being, which didn't actually see what he was doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't seem that way at all. It really didn't have the vibe of a wellness check to be I mean, he checked him, but not such a It wasn't a wellness check.
Speaker 2: James saying he doesn't think Rachel and Santival were ever in love. Sandoval denies it, trying to prove they were in love. The two start to yell each other and James says he won't be opening for Santoval's band because he's moved on to better things. He calls the band a joke. Santaval tells James to go push buttons on a laptop. Like both of these guys in this setting, I'm not really sure why, Like, did he just want to go over it and like stick it to Tom that Rachel is potentially still in love with him.
Speaker 1: I think so. I felt like it was a little bit of vindication for him, a little bit of revenge he was going to take that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then he's like, and this band's a joke. Yeah, I have thatt our things could do.
Speaker 2: I have better things to do, even though three scenes before we saw him like listen, you know the del Rey or.
Speaker 1: The l Yeah, it's an iconic spot, there's a lot of history there. This is a good gig for me. He's like, I have better.
Speaker 2: Things to do, but he is. He's like one of those like string dolls, you know, the dolls you hold up but then when one of the strings breaks, then like everything goes out of control, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Like, is that a marionette? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe, but he just he can't control anything that comes out of his mouth. Schwartz goes over to Sandoval's housewhay arian is at the sperm donor party and.
Speaker 1: The weekend the glimpse of Sandoval's new assistant.
Speaker 2: In a matching outfit that was like, I was thank you, thank you for wearing the same exact outfit. Guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that a band member who is now an assistant? Is he a twenty seven club member? He's just like, Hey, you're already playing in my band, So why don't you just come over and clean my house too?
Speaker 2: Why don't you come over? Were are the same outfits? Make me tease, walk on an incline on the treadmill, and let's be best friends and can't you paint my nails? But is Anne working for Ariana? Ra Anna is gone? Now?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't think we clearly know where Anne went and if she was fired or quit, and if she's working for Ariana or not. I feel like that whole situation was messy and we don't really know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're going to clearly it looks like their dining room table. But then Santoval gives Shorts the pomposition about moving into the house. I really feel like what this is is like we're giving a pitch for season twelve, and us living together is.
Speaker 1: Going to give the people what they want. Yeah, would you like to move into my house? Maybe you have a shot on OC next season. I have a house guest I have a guest room.
Speaker 2: We're fighting because she's only contributing a thousand dollars a month and only rese out the toilet paper once and never put any batteries.
Speaker 1: It's never bought any batteries.
Speaker 2: Bitch. Hey Edwin, I'm sorry. I'm gonna be gone for four months. I'm moving into Emily's. Well, then then we do get the pin the sperm on the vagina, the whole sperm donor party. I did really like. I am excited for La La, I'm excited to meet the baby. I also wonder what this will mean going forward when she has the baby and filming, because you know, Ocean can not film, so if she's going to not film either to keep it the same, Yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know that's interesting. I actually kind of deal with that too, But it's just it's with my stepdaughters because one of my stepdaughters lives with us full time. She's lived here since she was fourteen, but her mom won't sign off on it. So then it becomes awkward sometimes because I mean, she understands, but if we're filming at home with Shane, me and the three kids, she can't be there. Yeah, she has to be in her bedroom, 're not home. And then but that's not by my doing or Shane's. It's on the other side, right, and there's something you can do about it, exactly.
Speaker 2: But Donor Number one is the winner by a landslide, and La La officially has her baby daddy.
Speaker 1: Would number one have been your pick? I think?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I think number one was the standout definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we already covered this next part. But then it ends with Tom. Tom has officially started serving brunch. Short says it's five years and the making Laala and Katie get vulnerable with each other, which this was a little Lala says she's upset that they drifted apart in her and ariannor each other's number ones now, and then they both agree to make more time for each other. But then Laala doesn't have the time. But then Katie like, what do you thinks going on here? You know?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I feel like it's one of those conversations you have because you have to resolve things and you have to have these conversations on camera. But I don't know if either one of them is that invested yeah, to actually want to make the effort. I feel like it was maybe a forced conversation. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I am curious also, like I'll ask Katie when she's on, but is she a baby person? Like? I have certain.
Speaker 1: Friends, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: You know, that I was friends with before having kids, and that I see now occasionally because we make an effort to go on a hike or do something. But they are not like super kid people, so like they're not going to come, like hang out with me and my kids if they don't have kids themselves, because it's not you know. So I do think relationships do shift when one person has a child and another person doesn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with that too, because I have Most of my friends have kids, and I feel like it's easier to be friends with women who have children because they understand. But I have a couple friends who don't have kids, and they annoy me because and not on purpose, but they just it's it can be annoying because sometimes you just it's just different places.
Speaker 2: Different complaints, different things to stress about, different amounts of like understanding, timing, all that kind of stuff. But I mean, I also have friends that don't have kids that love to come over and hang out with me and my kids because they love kids. So I think we need to get to the bottom of that with Katie. But you can see that they're both is hurt there, Well, what would your guest be? I would say, she doesn't seem like a kid person to me. To me either, so that's what I'm curious about. But that could just be misreading it because she has that ability to kind of be a loof be aloof, But I think that's just a protection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could or could not be true.
Speaker 2: I don't remember because I didn't watch all the beginning seasons. I don't remember hearing her and Shorts talking about wanting to start a family or anything like that. But could be wrong.
Speaker 1: Then why do you think it took five years to make brunch? I don't know.
Speaker 2: Our eggs harder to make.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was like, I feel like brunch seems like an easy route to go, like it's in the morning.
Speaker 2: Maybe it has to do something with like an alcohol license, Like I think there are some places that you can serve.
Speaker 1: Alcohol, but it has to be in the evening evening.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was totally what I think is hard about that kind of stuff. So maybe it took a while. And clearly, if you're going to tom Tom, you're going to need a drink as well, so not everybody's going to be fine with just the sparkling water. But then this next part, Sena walking over to Shorts and Sandoval about her new song, and then once Sandoval realizes it's about the fair, he storms out. He thought his relationship with Sheena was getting better, but a friend wouldn't profit off his misery. I mean, let's be honest, I need to hear the song before we know if anybody's making Okay, so it's a TBD. This is to be determined, and I love that She's like, oh, I thought you would have heard it already, like the whole that was very awkward.
Speaker 1: That entire exchange, like where on iTunes on Spotify? Where where would you hear it.
Speaker 2: Maybe she posted it on her Instagram. I don't know, but I mean now I want to hear it. Is it out, guys? What I've already had the opportunity to hear it other than when she sang it on the phone?
Speaker 1: Pay it? I don't know if we have to trademark it.
Speaker 2: What if we had to pay money to have it on What if it was our theme song, like you know, on the Hills, so it was like unwritten by yeah, yeah, well, you know, guys, that's another episode of Van back later in the week to recap the Valley. We couldn't do both today. We just we're just too much, too tired too. It's just a lot.
Speaker 1: We have a lot to do with very interesting lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are just so booked up that we're going to recap the Valley later and let's hope that the Valley is giving.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I didn't see any photos of you at Coachella. Yeah no, you know what I aged out? Do you get invited? I don't want to brag what I did. I even got offered to, you know, do something, but and.
Speaker 2: You said no, you declined it was a it was world champion Hunter Rider Week at a horse show, and oh, it's like a big deal for me and s Late and we love doing them together.
Speaker 1: So well, then you made the right choice. Good for you.
Speaker 2: Listen. I know I made the right choice when I think about the traffic on the way home from Coachella or the hangover that I would probably have to get. We're the outfit you would have to get to bull Ahead. Gosh, all the outfits, it's just a lot, the glitter, the hair, it's just you know, at least on the pod, I can just wear a hoodie, right, sweatpants.
Speaker 1: When they when they have like an over forty Coachella where I can just wear workout clothes, then I'm there.
Speaker 2: They had an O and it was called Old Cella, but it only happened one year, which I was like, why we all got too tired because everyone was done by seven pm? Nobody can make it for the closing out right, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Well all right, well I'll talk to you later this week. Okay, thanks for listening, guys,