Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright, an earlier than usual version and an abbreviated version because I gotta leave here and go straight to Yankee Stadium for Game four of the World Series now demands. We are also supposed to be at Yankee Stadium for Game five of the World Series, but sadly, there might not be a Game five of the World Series because for well, the Dodgers have been awesome, but also the Yankees soon to be two time MVP transcendent regular season superstar Aaron Judge has no showed in these playoffs and he is a prior last night getting you know, this is what goes along with his whole career of really shoddy playoff performances after amazing regular seasons. And he it's kind of open season on Aaron Judge and if it wasn't already, it will be today, which makes total sense to me. But I for a lot of Lamar Jackson defenders, it's got to be very disorienting, like wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, I hold on a second here, wait this is wait oh, this is how we do sports commentary. A two time MVP leads a team to amazing regular seasons and then can't do it in the playoffs. Yeah, people get killed for that. They just they in common. They just get really criticized for it. I told you, I told Demons before the show. I was like, I have a baseball take that's going to infuriate you, and I just hit him with it right off the top, right where the show even started. Just oh, you didn't hear me, I said it to the producers. Oh you didn't hear me. I thought you heard me. Yeah, no, I mean listen, maybe it's because maybe someone fined and see if seven years ago, some out of work GM said Aaron Judge should change positions, because if that's the case, then maybe all of a sudden that the whole media will come to his defense. I don't know. Okay, here's what missed the cut. Sorry pal, Anthony Richardson. My guy was tired. Never see anything like it. He's like, I'm tired. I gotta I gotta step out of the game. Pittsburgh six and two. And Russ was cooking last night, had a little two screens going. Russ has looked good. I did not. This is one of the more shocking developments of twenty twenty four that Russell Wilson could look as good as he's looked these last two weeks. And Dwayne Wade's statue has been unveiled, and it's, you know, not that popular on the internet. I actually think they showed it from a different angle. I think it looks a little better from a different angle. But whatever statues are hard scalplet, there's there are a few things. It would appear the world has gotten just objectively worse at over the last thousand years. Sculpting, I think is one of them. Go to museums, you're like, hey, this is from six hundred BC and you're like, holy, that's amazing and the sie that is unbelievable, and then it's like who knows. Okay, But and by the way, today is a short show. And it's also we're also a week out from the election, and Nikki Bosa brought a Maga hat to a football game, and so we're gonna talk about it. And if you don't want to hear me talk about it, then check back in on Thursday, or check back in in five ten minutes. It's cool with me. Whatever you want. Totally get it. By the way, and sometimes even if I think I'm going to agree with someone's take on things, I'm just not in the mood for it or you know, mental space or no judgment there. But we're gonna talk about it, and if you do listen to it, we'll post this. Go ahead and post this on you know, our social channels. There will be a fun thing where people that actually watch the take, if they then read the comments, you'll be able to instantly tell who didn't read the take and just saw that I was talking about and assumed they knew what I was gonna say. But okay, so I'm gonna try to do this quickly and this is once again something that I don't think is complicated. Uh, you can support whoever you want politically. Obviously, I'll talk more about whether or not people should be judged for who they support politically in a moment, but everyone agrees you can support whoever you want politically. I think everyone also agrees, or they should, that there is a difference if you are a public figure and you are photographed in your private time wearing political insignia or paraphernalia, and then when you come to work people ask you about it and you're like, you know, I don't want to talk about that. You know, I try to keep that, you know, my private life private, my public life public. I think everyone would say, eh, okay, makes sense. Maybe not the most courageous thing in the world, but makes sense. I also thought everyone understood that if you do a political version of a streaker on a football field, which is crash someone else's postgame interview with your political merchandise, flash it to a camera in what will end up being one of the most watched TV games of the year, that it's fair game, and we can show you the picture, it's fair game to ask you about it. And if you're If you then say I don't want to talk about it, it's kind of cowardly. I just I don't think that's complicated. I think that that was not his moment to begin with. That was it was Purty and Kittle in those guys moment, and he's like, Nope, I'm gonna get this takeoff. But he didn't really get a takeoff, which really which actually and so him then at the press conference being like, oh, I just think it's important time. It's such weak behavior if you're going to change the subject that people weren't trying to talk about, and then when they say okay, why'd you change the subjects say oh, I'm not here to talk about that subject. Then either you're just a total abject moron who didn't think, oh I'm probably gonna be asked about this, or a little scared, or here's the more likely reasoning. I think there's two reasons people wear magas stuff. One is rock with Trump, hardcore, so be it. I'll do with that in a moment. The other one's this it's like back in the eighties, teenagers wearing like an anarchy symbol, and it's like trying to be shocking an edgy. But if you ask some if you ask one of them like, hey, what does that represent to you, they'd be like, I don't know. I just know it pisses off the people I want to piss off. And I think Nikki Bosa I know enough about him and his family. I actually, at once upon a time, was very close with someone who was very close with their family. I think he is a diet in the world Trump guy. I also don't think he really knows why he is, but he knows it angers the people that he dislikes the most, so he rolls with it. I just think that if you're going to bring your politics to my Sunday night football, you should then be prepared to talk about your politics. I don't think that's too much to ask. And people brought up Kaepernick a lot, obviously, and by the way, in an odd turn of events, I actually saw and was with Colin Thursday night. I wish I wish this had happened before that so I could ask him about it. I don't think it's apples to apples, I don't. I do think, however, that Colin, to his credit, didn't kneel during the anthem and then say oh, I'm not talking about why. He said there's bodies in the streets and people are getting paid leave. He was ready to discuss it. Now, you can hate him for it, you can run him out of the league for it, but he was prepared to discuss it. And now the last part of this little because that everything I set up to that point I don't think was very political. It was just obvious now will be political for a moment because the elections in a week.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: Is somewhat conventional wisdom that I thoroughly and vehemently disagree with. We shouldn't judge people for their politics. I to be very clear, I want to be judged for mine, okay, And I think that there if you are a politically engaged person, there are very few things that are a truer representation of who you are and what you value than your politics. And if who you are and what you value are not things that one should be judged on, then I don't know what is. And I know some people believe, oh, you shouldn't judge anyone for anything under any circumstances. I don't believe that. I think that judging people for making judgments about people and is that someone I'd want my life, is that someone who shares my values, is that someone who I agree with on things? Is the way human beings navigate the world. And so if you asked me, Nick Wright, what's your politics, I tell you, and I'd hope you judge me. For I believe that being born in the United States in the twentieth century and now I guess the twenty first century is the equivalent of winning the World History powerball lottery. And we all of us are inheriting a economic system and a country and stability and all of this that none of us earned. We just got lucky to be born here. And because of that, I think we have an obligation as a society to do everything we can to help those less fortunate. As someone who is a I mean, I just say it, very high income earner, I don't mind paying a massive amount of money in taxes. So because I'm you know, I'm aware enough of the United States tax history to know that when my grandfather was making money, top tax bracket was ninety percent, I feel like I'm getting off cheap as is, and I live in New York City in the top tax bracket. I also really think one of the greatest things about this country, maybe my favorite thing about this country, is that every single person on earth can come here and become an American ad have their culture become part of our culture. And it's why we have the best restaurants in the world. It's why we have the dopest parades in the world. It's why we are a special place. And I want my politicians to embrace that and to agree with me on that. And if you on the judgment part of it, if you are someone that is paying attention and you see what this guy for the last eight years has spewed into the body politic and the way he has demonized anyone that does not look like his version of what an American should look like. If you've really been paying attention and you're like, I'm gonna rock with that guy, either because you agree with him, or because you're a crypto holder like some of my poker buddies and just want to make sure your crypto prices go up or don't go down, or because you're that concerned about the top marginal tax rate. If you can look past all of that and say, nah, all still roll with him, or or if you're saying I actually like all of that. Of course I judge you. Of course I do. And if you heard what I said and you're like, ah, you're what's wrong with the country, So be it. That's fine. You Maybe you like my sports opinions, maybe you don't make whatever it is. We don't all have to be friends, we don't all have to agree. But I'm not gonna bullshit the audience and say that when I see Nicki Bosa do that that my feeling is simply, Oh, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You are entitled to your own opinion, and I'm then entitled to think you're an asshole. Now to the football game. What happened before all that?
Speaker 3: Demanse, Yeah, I just think Cowboys are under five hundred and Dak Prescott has no help to that.
Speaker 4: He throws. He's still throwing picks in really big moments.
Speaker 3: He's obviously got his money, he's gotten paid like Trevor in two, has not been shown up, and he actually just got shown up by Brock Purty, a quarterback who has not been paid yet. Is Dallas's present, San Francisco's future.
Speaker 2: Well, no, so here's the thing. I don't think San Francisco is gonna be in the same type of situation Dallas is, because they have better ownership and they have far better coaching. The point being, though, once you pay Brock, are you not going to have the resources to pay everyone else. Of course that's a concern. I mean, that's a real concern. And I I want to also be clear on this. I thought Brock played well in this game. I thought that I also on the Dak piece of it. Man, it was so interesting that Dak finally was playing really well in that fourth quarter, and in the moment they had a chance to actually steal the game, he instantly threw into double coverage and should have thrown a game ending interception. There is an element of man he does seem to tighten up, and that if things start going wrong, he has a hard time righting the ship. And then in this game, the Niners were just crushing them, and then the Cowboys got a little bit of juice and Dak and CD were cooking. And then at the end and then they actually gotta stop. Cowboys had their best defensive sequence of the night and Brock at his roughest offensive sequence of the night, and the moment that happened, Dak got the ball down six. Like I know this sounds crazy, I really felt like in that moment, if Dallas were down eight, Dak would have played that drive better, but something about, oh we can win, like we can just go down right now and win, and he he would have thrown a pick to Diamid or Lenore, but Fred Warner knocked it down, and so I I can't. I have been higher on the Cowboys than most people, but the evidence is just growing and growing that this is the worst dem they've had in four years and that they're not going to be able to especially given the injuries all of a sudden turn the corner the Niners. On the other hand, I want to make this clear that defense, as much as you know scrutiny as I have on Purdy, that defense is really shaky, and it's the shakiest Shanahan has had since they've been on this run. And I think there is a really a very real chance, Demanse that the Rams run them down in that division. I think there is a very real chance that the Rams run them down there. Everyone in that division Demands has four losses. It's a crazy situation where the unless am I tripping? I think I'm right about that. No, of course I'm right. Cardinals, Niners, Seahawks, Rams, all have four losses. Everyone but the Rams has four wins. The Rams had the buy already, but they're all just right there. And the Niners have two divisional losses already, losing to the Cardinals and the Rams, and so that division is a really wild one. And if you are the Niners, you have a buy. And then you're at the Bucks, and the Bucks are real banged up. But then Seahawks, Packers, Bills, Bears, Rams, Dolphins, Lions, Cardinals, like, there's not a gimme on that. It's not like a ton of Juggernauts. But the Packers are quite good, the Lions are quite good. But there's not a gimme on that list. So that was a huge win for the for the Niners. But there is a legitimate, at least slight cause for concern.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, so you're tossing the pig.
Speaker 2: This is what I'm gonna say, Dallas Divisional championship. That's in real bad shape. It's in real bad shape. But remember I had Washington too. Now, Billy played really well this weekend. But Washington, Well, we'll get to Washington in a minute. All right, let's go to the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, your Chiefs are seven to zero. And it seems like every time you talk about them on TV or anywhere on Twitter, wherever it may be, you end up getting frustrated. So do you want to talk about the Chiefs or do you want to talk about the way that they're covers or anything?
Speaker 4: Pee and you off?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, talking about the Chiefs at this point is a little boring. They don't lose, they have the best defense in the league. They never trail in fourth quarters, and that's the part that I think irritates me. The They've played seven games this year to Monseay, Okay, seven games, seven fourth quarters, fifteen minutes every fourth quarter, seven times, fifteen one hundred and five fourth quarter minutes. They have trailed for nine of those minutes. They have trailed in the fourth quarter for nine minutes this year. They have led for the entirety of the fourth quarter in five of the games. The Charger game they were briefly tied, and the Bengal game they trailed for nine minutes. That's it. And they are discussed like oh man, the Chiefs squeak by again, It's just not true. It's not true.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's they squeak by.
Speaker 3: They are winning like none of their games, they don't blow anybody out, And I do think a little bit of that is what's in folks' heads.
Speaker 4: It's because especially.
Speaker 3: With the team like the Raiders, when they had already previously been talking trash to them and them by like ten fourteen maybe.
Speaker 2: Okay, But so here's the thing that's to me. Here's the thing that's frustrating about that. To me, everyone falls all over themselves about these blowout wins by teams that also lose a lot. I spent all last week having everyone lay flowers at Baltimore's feet, a Baltimore team that the Chiefs beat this season. Everyone's like, oh, it was before they knew how to use Derrick Henry, Like I don't know, hand him the fucking ball is how I think you used Derick Henry? Like it was like it was some some physics experiment that they hadn't quite balanced the equation, you know, like figured out figured it out how to use this six four, two hundred forty pound running back. I'm like, I don't know what. They went in the lab and they're like, oh, we hand him the ball. Okay, great, Fine, So the Ravens all week I heard, Oh, if the Ravens played the Chiefs right now, they would kill him. Maybe that's true, but you know, the Ravens wouldn't kill the Browns, who they lost to. And all this week I'm gonna hear about the Lions because the Lions just scored fifty points. Meanwhile, the Chiefs haven't lost since Christmas Day. Since then, they've beaten everyone that matters in the league. Everyone tell me a team that matters, and the Chiefs have beat them except for I guess the Lions and the Packers because they haven't played them. But have they beaten Cincinnati in that stretch? Yes twice. Have they beaten Baltimore in that stretch? Yes twice. Have they beaten San Francisco? Yes? Have they beaten the Bills? Yes? Have they? Who else am I forgetting?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: They got the Raiders back. Not that the Raiders matter, but the Raiders were the last team who beat them. Have they beat the best team in the NFC South yep, the Atlanta Falcons. Have they beaten the second best team in their own division. Yep, the Chargers. They so, But that's not even what I'm talking about. I'm talking about these games being fake close, okay. Since the opening two weeks. They played the Atlanta Falcons. The Falcons trailed for every second of the second half, They scored three second half points, and they lost. They played the Chargers. The Chargers scored ten straight points in the first ten minutes of the game. They then got shut out the rest of the way, never led in the final twenty five minutes of the game, and lost. They then played the Saints on Monday Night Football. The Saints trailed the entire game. The Chiefs won by two touchdowns. They then played the forty nine Ers in a game they were underdogs in. Oh yeah, they've beaten the forty nine ers, not once in the stretch, twice, once in the Super Bowl. Once two weeks ago. In that Niner game, the Chiefs were up twenty eight to twelve with a minute left. They're up sixteen with a minute left against the Niners, twenty eight to twelve, and people are like, oh, why don't they blow people out? I don't know, man, is twenty eight to twelve on the road against a team that's favored to win the NFC at the two minute warning, any good, And then against the Raiders, it was they're up fourteen at the two minute warning. Like I so yeah, I am. I am annoyed at how this team is discussed. They have the best defense in the league, the best coach in the league, the best special teams in the league. They are only getting better. They are dealing with massive injuries on offense. And by the way, Patrick Mahomes, for as bad as his numbers have been, you know where, he's been the best quarterback in football this year. The fourth quarter, zero turnovers, a one to eleven passer rating, seventy two percent completions, And so it's just dumb. I just think it's dumb. And we've this is the second longest that only the nineteen ninety San Francisco forty nine ers have had a longer winning streak to start a season as a two time defending champ. And all we're doing is talking about what's wrong with them, And I just I'm crazy, maybe, but I think that there's more things wrong with the teams that lose a lot. The Ravens lose every other game. There's this amazing team that has lost four of their last nine and this year three of eight. So they lose, you know, like, what are we like? I just don't. Oh my gosh, the Buffalo Bills are going to be the new team. The Buffalo Bills have lost twice already, once by four touchdowns. Like, I just I everyone is going to lay flowers at Detroit's feet this week. A Detroit team, by the way, that lost already. And you want to talk about close wins. They have an overtime win and a field goal at the gun win one week ago. But because they just dropped fifty on Mason Rudolph's team, we're like, oh, the Lions, it's just dumb. I just I'm not even mad because my team's just gonna win the Super Bowl again. I just wish people weren't dumb. That's all. Go ahead. You want to say something.
Speaker 4: They pin on.
Speaker 3: They put me on the camera as soon as they say I wish people weren't dumb, because I guess.
Speaker 4: I was backing up that take a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, but yeah, I mean I get it that they are winning at the end of the day. It's just I like to see you sound unimpressed. No, I know there's seven. There's seven to no. No, I'm definitely impressed. And I honestly, I've been kind of sneaky thinking that they'll have an undefeated season. But it's just like in the fashion that they're doing it, it's like, you have the greatest quarterback, let's see some wow.
Speaker 2: But hey, okay, they're they're they're not worried about the wow. All right, let's quickly do the Hail Mary. I said, there's gonna be a fast show. I have to leave very soon, so let's keep going.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Jaden Daniels wasn't even likely to play in this game against the Bears, he ends up coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I almost feel like I should get my pick back on that. I feel totally screwed. But talking not only Hail Mary, piece of it. Oh just think Jayes. Yeah, and then at kickoff they're plus one and a half. It's just an outrage, but go ahead. Sorry.
Speaker 3: So in this game, Caleb didn't really perform well into the last two drives that he put together, and then obviously Daniels throws they owe Mary to seal the game. Who do you feel like you were more wrong about between Caleb and Jade and Daniels because I feel like you had one higher one lower.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think I was wrong about either one.
Speaker 4: For the record, I think because he just got hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean it's just a coach. Me and Jeanie tried this with me yesterday as well. I go, how do you feel about your Jade and Daniels take?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Oh, you mean my take that he's too skinny, he's gonna get hurt a lot, and six weeks into his career he had broke a rib like that. That take, that that take, I feel I feel sadly good about. I think he's awesome. Nobody's ever said he's not off. I just I worry about you know who's also awesome, Devin a Chan. Look at Devin eight Chan's numbers whenever he plays the running back from Miami, it's like, wait a second, why is this guy not the best running back in football? And I'm just pulling up Devin a Chans numbers because they're truly not believable. So Devin ah Chan last year one hundred and three carries, eight hundred yards seven point eight yards per carry. This year eighty one carries for that terrible offense where all they're worried about is the pass. The running game still three hundred and sixty yards four and a half yards of carry for his career, one hundred and eighty four carries, almost twelve hundred yards, nine touchdowns. He gets a touchdown every twenty touches. Oh no, way more than that, because he also has five receiving touchdowns. So he's just this dynamic, unbelievable weapon. But he's banged up a lot because it's just body isn't really kind of built to be a full time running back. It's how I feel, So I don't think I'm wrong about Jayden. Now, did he lock up Rookie of the Year. I don't know if he locked it up, but he is a overwhelming lead right now now if he misses time, like things can change. But that Hail Mary, he executed it perfectly, obviously. Tyreek Stevenson with the Bears made a fool of himself, like everybody's already that ground has been wrought.
Speaker 4: Uh, guy hanging in the back. I don't know if somebody was saying on.
Speaker 3: A show that they tell people to do that, but I feel like it's almost never a guy hanging back there and works.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing there, demons A. There almost always is a guy hanging back there. He just doesn't look like he's hanging back there because there's a defender in front of him. He was back so you know what I mean? Like that he's back there alone because Tyreek Stevenson screwed up. Now, the craziest thing. Kevin Clark made this point, and he's one hundred percent right because Stevenson's the one who tipped it super high. If Stevenson had just stayed where he was taunting the fans, the Bears probably win if he just never rejoins the play.
Speaker 4: Going in there to break that up too. Thought he was doing something right and.
Speaker 2: He never right and he never found his guy. That that was bad. All right, we still have to discuss. Let me see what else is on the show today. Uh oh, the Ravens, the World Series and the Bills. We got about five minutes to do it. We'll do that next. What's right, hey, guys? Looking for your next favorite tequila. Teamana is a premium tequila, premium small batch tequila Pardon Me, founded by Dwayne the Rock Johnson eats bottle of Taramana is meticulously crafted from one hundred percent mature gave, slow roasted and traditional prick ovens, distilled in handmade copper pot stills. Tried Teremanta today in the People's Margarita, deliciously refreshing drink made with Tara Monta blanco, lime, agave, nectar and pineapple juice. Tearremanta is also the perfect pairing when inviting friends and family around to watch sports and celebrate the big games together. For more information, visit Taramana dot com, follow on social media at at Taramanta must be twenty one years or older. Please enjoy responsible Teamna small batch tequila forty percent alcohol by volume imported by Siete Buck Spirits, White Planes, New York. All right, Demanse, let's go to the Ravens quickly.
Speaker 4: Some my Ravens had the jeez.
Speaker 3: So our Ravens had the lead with just over two minutes to go and got overcame by Jamis Winston in the Browns defense.
Speaker 4: Can't stop anything.
Speaker 3: Still, Harbo's forgetting what we're good at and Justin Tucker is out here missing Kickstill?
Speaker 4: Was this just a trip game? Or the Ravens more dangerous or more danger than we realize.
Speaker 2: They're in real danger, buddy. I mean they're gonna make the playoffs the trap game, Yeah yeah, what do you mean a playoffs. I mean they're gonna they might your divisional rival going to have more juice.
Speaker 3: Coming off of all the talks that you were talking about, Lamar, and through the five touchdowns, we were riding really high. It's divisional. They just got a quarterback change. I know what happened in the beginning of the last game, but that team is probably feeling really good about themselves right now.
Speaker 2: With all that we are just looking at trap game is different. Definitionally, I look at trap game as like a game you weren't ready for that then, and I just think against your divisional rival, you're gonna be ready. It's just the Browns had more juice because of Jamis. But listen, none of that changes the Here's the deal. The Ravens evens is not good. Everyone moves the ball on them except for Buffalo oddly. Chiefs twenty seven points, Raiders twenty six points, Cowboys twenty five, the Bills ten, the Bengals thirty eight, the Commander's twenty three, the Bucks thirty one the Browns twenty nine. That's not good. And the other weird thing is that people were pissed again that Derrick Henry only got eleven carries. Guys, if all week is spent talking about how Lamar Jackson's playing the best quarterback of his life, the best quarterback in the NFL, in the league MVP, you can't then say they made a mistake by letting Lamar Jackson throw the ball pick a lane. He's finally unlocked a new level of quarterbacking all this stuff, or we needed just run the damn ball more pick a lane, folks, Listen. I don't think Lamar is the problem, obviously. I think the defense is the problem. I also think you have a problem because the Steelers are good and and the one seed now is gone. In order for the Ravens to be the one seed, they would need to win every single game they have left and have the Chiefs lose four times, so they would have to go undefeated, and the Chiefs the rest of the way, we would have to go six and four. So that's gone. So you're gonna be on the road at some point. I'd be a little worried about Pittsburgh, considering the fact that since Lamar has been in the league, he's beaten the Steelers one time, and you've got two games left with them, And so yeah, I'm a little concerned if I'm you about the Ravens now that they don't make the playoffs, but that their playoff road is gonna be brutal, and that they're not quite the team that a lot of people were swearing to me they were go ahead, what'd you want to say?
Speaker 3: I don't know if Josh Allen is now tied for him for first MVPs, So you think that a squaded his chances game?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think he squandered his chances, but I think that it's it turned into Josh's award to lose. They're scoring a ton of points. They the people Josh is. You know, he did throw a pick for the first time this week, but he's playing clean football. Uh. And also, I think the other thing showed you is that the AFC playoff picture would look very differently if the Browns had gone to Jamis earlier. Like that Browns team is good, is fine, and listen, James is not great. But James, like Flacco, he's gonna throw one to you, one to us, one to you, one to us. It's gonna be fun and exciting and all of it. All right, So does go ahead and.
Speaker 3: Do the bills?
Speaker 4: Yes, Josh Allen and the bills.
Speaker 3: You've been super high on the bills this year, I honestly think probably the highest you've.
Speaker 4: Been on the bills since I've been Yeah, of course, and the yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they made a cartoon of you, and it seems like Josh Allen your ankles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well it doesn't say my name, but that's pretty definitively me. I mean, it's got the herro, it's got the mustache, it's got the nose, it's got the dope suit. And so I I have an announcement of this because that's a that's in the Buffalo newspaper, and I love that guy's a political cartoonist. He's a great cartoonist. And this was one of the So growing up, I'm gonna tell a very quick story and then I gotta go growing ups. Around our house, Demanse were a half a dozen hand drawn black and white political cartoons from the Kansas City Star that were attacking my father. My dad was the president of the firefighters Union. They weren't all. They were almost all attacking him. President of the Firefighters Union in Kansas City and the cartoonists for the Star in the eighties nineties didn't like him, didn't like the union, thought the union too much power, and he would once a year or so they went on strike or whatever it is, draw a cartoon, make in front of the firefighters or making fun of my dad. And my dad every time that guy, whenever he did a cartoon, just had a rule of, hey, you can buy the original for like a four hundred dollars donation to this charity or whatever it was. So my dad had all these originals, the actual drawing that the guy then submitted to the baby Yeah around the house framed. So I reached out to this guy, Adam Zilgis or Zigless. I apologize, I want to get his name right, let me see it, because I think he's a good artist, Adam Zigless. I reached out to him and I said, can I buy the original? And he said yes and said he would throw in the color print as well, but also the original, And so I sent him the money for it, and then threw in an extra little bit and told him to donate the extra little bit to Josh Allen's charity, whatever it is. And I'm going to have that at the house. I love that things regular. It's gonna be like a four by six, like a four by six on I would imagine like card stock quality paper, and it's not gonna look like that. The print will look like that. His original is it's uh done in pencil, so there's no color. So I'm gonna have that and I and I actually think it's cooler that it doesn't say my name that well, I don't know. I think I'm gonna put one. I think I'll put it in the room we watch football in underneath the what's wrong with Nick Wright? Uh newspaper articles? Yeah, fifteen years ago. So yeah, So there's that all right? On the World Series quickly because then I have to leave to go to the World Series. The Yankees have to win tonight. I mean, that's obviously down three to zero, but I know it's only happened. Listen, down three to zero in the World Series, only three teams ever have even forced a Game five, and no one's forced a game six. It just means you're cooked. But the Yankees are better than this. They're not better than the Dodgers, but they're better than this. And you win tonight and then Cole pitches Game five. There's a path. But in order to win tonight, your dominant league MVP has to show up. And those are the rules in sports, guys. You gotta show up if you're the man and judge. This isn't a one off for him in the postseason, and it's his whole season, which was one of the greatest seasons by a right handed batter in baseball history, is really gonna be marred by the fact that these playoffs. I mean, it's really an unbelievable setup situation right now in these playoffs, Demonse, he has six hits and twenty strikeouts. That's no good, guys. So you gotta have a You gotta come through in a big spot here, Eric.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know, I don't know how much Otani's been doing, but I know if this was happening in the NBA or the NFL would be crazy because I know that he has not made the postseason before. He hasn't made the post Yeah, goes over to the Dodgers, a real team. The first year they get to the they get to the World Series.
Speaker 2: So Oani correct Otani actually has not been great in the World Series. He had some good moments earlier in the playoffs, but he also got hurt yesterday. It was just kind of amazing he was able to play with the hurt shoulder. But yeah, I mean he's been sitting on the angels. He was sitting on the angels forever. The team was no good. He goes to the Dodgers. Now they might you know, sweep the Yankees in the World Series. All right, good show, good job everyone. We'll see you on Thursday for de Mon'sday. To give you out a sixth consecutive winning teaser teaser. My friends of Brooks sent me, by the way, the new Glycer and Max. These shoes are new and first of their kind for Brooks. Let me tell you they're amazing, comfortable, stylish, leave my legs feeling great after a long run. These shoes feature DNA tuned, which integrates two types of nitrogen infuse cushioning into one. Seamlessly tuned mid Soul plus glide roll rocker helps make each step feel effortless. Elevate your running journey as you land with maximum softness and spring forward with ultimate ease with the new Glycer and Max. I love feeling like I can run forever in these shoes as I've been trying to ramp up some of my training for the triathlon for next year. Head over to Brooks Running dot com to learn more. Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that, one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get to Monday, another plaque, so like, subscribe, rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,