Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: I hope you had a great weekend. Everybody an extended weekend. We're back and ready to go. A lot of things to talk about. You can be part of the program usually every Monday, Best and Worst to the weekend. But since we weren't here, we're going to do it today. Operator Tyler standing by no NBA, no NHL. Tonight, the Heat Roll the Celtics go to the finals to face the Nuggets, Golden Knights, roll the Stars. They're going to the Stanley Cup Final versus the Panthers. Nick Nurse got an upgrade, he got promoted. He went from Toronto to the seventy six ers, and the Cardinals continue to tank. They released DeAndre Hopkins eight seven to seven three DP Show Email ONDRESSDPA, Danpatrick dot Com, Twitter handle. A DP Show stat of the Day is always brought to you by Butedy America, the official trading cards of The Dan Patrick Show. Play the Day, stat of the Day, poll question, all of that forthcoming and second morning. If you're watching on Peacock, thank you our streaming partner. If you haven't downloaded the app, do so you can watch the show for free and our radio affiliates around the country. The Heat over the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Heat the first number eight seed to advance to the finals since the New York Knicks in nineteen ninety nine, and they lost that finals to the San Antonio Spurs. Miami Heat don't feel like a number eight seed. They didn't play like that during the playoffs. During the regular season they did. But the nineteen point blowout the biggest game seven loss since two thousand and five the Celtics lost to the Pacers. That was ninety seven to seventy, game seven of the first round series.
Speaker 1: But wooh, how.
Speaker 3: Stead of a day? Statuta day, stat of a day, scout out of a.
Speaker 4: Day, this is the start of the day.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to after Game three.
Speaker 2: It was not a question of if it was when the Miami Heat were going to advance, and then all of a sudden, the Boston Celtics came back. And then all of a sudden we got to a game seven. We thought Boston at home, I can't buy into it. They were favored by seven and a half for a Game seven, and then Jason Tatum tweaks his ankle and it went south from there. Would there been a different outcome off he didn't tweak his ankle, I don't think so. I thought Boston was playing really stiff, like they were nervous. Miami wasn't. And Miami ends up with an impressive win. And yes they're big underdogs in the NBA Finals, but I'm not buying into that right now either. The way Miami plays, they could win Game one in Denver. But the Boston Celtics, they are who we thought they were. They are enigmatic. You're watching you, you're going, oh my god. They give you this reaction, oh my god, or oh my god. And that's what they gave us during the postseason. And there's a lot of fallout here because you're looking at what do you do if you're Boston and make changes. I think even if they got to the NBA Finals, I would have looked at, Hey, what are you going to do next year?
Speaker 1: Even winning a title? Do you want to bring Jalen Brown back?
Speaker 2: I don't want to have two players who play the same way who are going to get super max steels because neither of those players can dribble the ball. They're really good players, do I want to pay a or a quarter of a billion dollars for each Jason Tatum is there for the long haul. I didn't think that Jalen Brown was going to be back with this next contract. But speaking to somebody who works with the Celtics, they said, you know what, it's hard to get these players. That's the hard part. Keeping them, that's the easy part. And I said, you're going to pay two hundred and ninety five million dollars and call that the easy part? And he said yes, because you can't get these players. It's nice to say, hey, we got to move on from him, but we can't. We have to keep him at two hundred ninety five a super max deal. But you're watching last night and you're going and I never understood this logic, and I've had it. You know, basketball coaches say that I don't know what I'm talking about. You know a couple of guys who are friends who say, you don't know what you're talking about with the three, because I complain, if you shoot the three and you miss the three, then you compound it by continuing to.
Speaker 1: Shoot the three.
Speaker 2: It's like, Hey, this stock is going down, I'm going to buy more of it. No, it's going down for a reason. And I'm watching last night and I'm going.
Speaker 5: How about we get to the hoop?
Speaker 1: How about we you.
Speaker 2: Know we're in the bonus, do something other than settle for three and that's the three will shoot you in and shoot you out of basketball games. I just didn't understand how try something different then hey, keep shooting. Well, they're not great, they weren't great in the postseason, but the reaction in the fallout. Joe Mizzoula, I don't know if he's a big time coach. I think he needs an experienced coach on the bench with him. I think that would really help him And get credit Eric spolsterra and the Miami Heat and pat Riley. They find guys who fit how they play. That's really important. It's not about star power. It's about finding the right guys for what you do, how you do it, when you do it. And Spolster in the Heat, pat Riley, they've done a wonderful job.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Here's Joe Mossoula on Jason Tatum's injury last night.
Speaker 6: Your best player was injured on the first play of the game, and they were coming after you defensively can you just talk about how much I know you don't want to make excuses, but your best player.
Speaker 4: Was hurt.
Speaker 7: Them say you answered it for me. They played well, but he played better than we do and that's it, you know, credit to them. We didn't play well tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what else he's going to say in that situation. Here's Jalen Brown on what his future is going to be in Boston.
Speaker 8: Obviously, there's a lot that can happen for you over the course of the summer.
Speaker 9: Have you been able to.
Speaker 5: Kind of think about your future here and what you're hoping for.
Speaker 10: I expected to win the day and move on, and that's what my focus was on. That's what my focus has been on. We fail, I feel, and it's hard to think about anything else right now, to be honest. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Boston might be stuck there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have two Max guys playing basically the same position.
Speaker 1: It's tough, you know.
Speaker 2: And I thought Jalen Brown, when if he was going to get traded, remember when he was up, it was gonna be Kevin Durant. Austin was trying to get him and then Jalen Brown would go to the natslan I thought that'd be great for Jalen Brown to get his own team. He's still going to be the second best wing guy on his own team here with Jason Tatum. Since Lebron James left South Beach, Eric Spolster has missed the playoffs twice in nine years. He's made it to the NBA Finals once. He's made it to the Eastern Conference finals three times now. Other organizations may move on if those are the results. You know, the Bucks moved on from Mike Budenholzer, Sixers moved on from Doc Rivers and they made the playoffs. It's just the expectations, you know. Phoenix Suns moved on for Monny Williams. These are the good teams that are getting rid of their coaches. But Spolster, when Lebron went there, and you always felt like, well, it's Lebron and d Wade are winning this title and pat Riley, oh yeah, and Eric Spolster is the coach.
Speaker 1: He's still there, and that's an eternity.
Speaker 2: That's like in dog years, you're going to be coaching that long at the professional level.
Speaker 1: And he's done a great job yeah, Mark, and.
Speaker 5: He's been with an organization for like twenty five years. It was like a video coordinator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marv was in the building last night. You were working for the Mothership.
Speaker 1: Last night or TNT, CNT. Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 5: Okay, yup met Reggie last night?
Speaker 1: Okay yeah? So what else? Did you meet?
Speaker 5: Chris Tucker?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: I did?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait how'd that work?
Speaker 5: So I was in the back and Shaq is talking to Chris Tucker. You can imagine how that conversation went. And so I'm walking about, Hey TNT like it's Chris Tucker. I mean it is how you what you see is what you get. It's not you know, you see somebody on TV and they're very you know, hello, how are you now? Hey man, I can't do with Chris Tucker impersonation. But he was himself. Hey TNT, how come you're not out there?
Speaker 11: Wait?
Speaker 1: How did he know you were TNT?
Speaker 5: I had a TNT vest on? So when you're out there, Yeah, you have a vest on, you have like a big credential that says TNT on it, and you get branded and it says TNT. All right, So he knew I was with TNT.
Speaker 2: This first hour brought to you by King's Hawaiian. They want you to get together with friends and family, enjoy the weekend by making every Sunday Slider Sunday all.
Speaker 1: Right, Seeden Pole, question today is going to.
Speaker 12: Be we got a bunch of options here, all right?
Speaker 1: We could Toddler.
Speaker 12: Sent in the thought of breaking up Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown is legitimate or ludicrous. It seems a lot less crazy today than it did. I don't know a little while ago.
Speaker 1: Well could you trade him?
Speaker 2: Like that's the biggest moment and he failed miserably because that's where you go, Okay, Jason Tatum's not one hundred percent all right, Jalen takeover, You're at home takeover and he had eight turnovers. I think it's legitimate that you would question the Celtics moving forward.
Speaker 12: Yes, I couldn't really tell a difference between the healthy Celtics and the Celtics with a hurt Jason Tatum, though, Like I didn't really think that he played all that differently.
Speaker 1: He wasn't. He didn't get to the hoop quite as much.
Speaker 12: But they still basically just put up eleventy billion three pointers.
Speaker 1: And missed ninety five percent of them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's I mean, that's like, that's kind of their whole offense. And either the shots are falling and they win, or they don't and they lose.
Speaker 1: It's it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's today's philosophy. Just keep shooting threes.
Speaker 1: But when you go nine of forty two, there's a problem with that.
Speaker 3: And they made their last two.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, it's like somebody has to say, hey, guys, maybe we should stop doing that for a minute.
Speaker 2: When you're seven of forty that's a problem. At some point you have to say, how about we get back in the game by creating some fouls. How about we get to the free throw line. How about we get some easy twos. I'm old school, but you know I could adopt new school if guys were like the Golden State Warriors. It goes back to what I used to argue with McLevin about because he thought, well, everybody shoots threes, you that's the philosophy. I said, that doesn't mean everybody should shoot threes because they want to be the Golden State Warriors.
Speaker 1: There's only one Golden State. Nobody else is like them. But when you see this philosophy of hey, you know, I'm doing the math here if I make two threes and then you got to make three twos, and I go, well, what if you're not making any threes and I'm making my twos and making my threes, We're going to blow you out.
Speaker 12: What else do you You got to get some people in foul trouble that that that's like their only hope.
Speaker 2: Well, I just need to slow down the temple. I need to do something obviously that wasn't working. And if Tatum is hurt, okay, I can still have him camp at the three point line. If he can't get to the hoop, fine, but the other players get to the hoop create something there. And you know, Miami was able to do that. And Caleb Martin should have been the MVP of that Eastern Conference finals.
Speaker 11: He was great.
Speaker 2: But then you got Marcus Smatt, who's guarding Caleb Martin like you wouldn't think, boy, we got a game plan. We gotta stop Jimmy Butler, Okay, Caleb Martin will let.
Speaker 1: Him shoot there.
Speaker 2: I mean, they have a bunch of these guys who were just waiting for the opportunity. And that's what really confused me with the Celtics. It just didn't seem like they had more energy with Game six than they did back in their building for Game seven. What was the atmosphere like, though, Marvin.
Speaker 5: Before the game started, they had that montage that I've been talking about for like the past week, yes, where it was two thousand and four, and it shows like David Ortiz hitting that little blooper and then they win you know, Game four or whatever, the bloody sock Game six, Keith Fault getting that final yalta yea, and they were going back and forth between that and the Derek White shot. Derek White came out. He came out for like warm ups, the crowd went berserk. The crowd went crazy, and so I was ready. Everybody, I mean every I was like chills. I was like, oh, let's go. And then the game started.
Speaker 2: What was it like, I don't know, Let's say, the last couple of minutes.
Speaker 5: Of that game, it was the silence was deafening, and it was I can't even and it was with thick mass accent accents right language. Oh oh, it was colorful. Look, it was colorful. In the first quarter when they were missing all those three pointers, it was a collective side every time they even shot the ball, not even like when they missed it, when they shot it. Can I get my hopes up?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why would you shoot up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Be smart?
Speaker 2: Yeah, be smart, but not Marcus SMARTT be smartt Malcaus small Yeah, Pete a pull.
Speaker 3: And there's warm weather this weekend. There are so many bros h in Larry Bird jerseys with no sleeves shown off the tan. It was like a convention.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, take a break.
Speaker 2: Dan Levittard, the great talk show host out of Miami, will join us. Coming up, we'll check in with the Celtics Brian Scalabrini.
Speaker 1: He's the color.
Speaker 2: Analyst for the Boston Celtics. He'll be in a good mood. Jim alright, Jim. Mike Florio will join us to talk about the Jimmy Garoppolo situation. Is Tom Brady coming back? And are the Cardinals officially tanking? DeAndre Harp Hopkins now free to sign with another team. So a lot of things to get to your phone. Calls are always welcome eight seven to seven, three d P show. We're back after this and the Dan Patrick Show. Sleep number. Every great day starts the night before and that's certainly the case if you have a sleep Number bed adjustable firmness on each side, so you're buying two beds in one and you can choose. You can change the ideal comfort and support and it'll keep you sleeping longer, more comfortably. Sleep quality is so important. My sleep Number setting is seventy five. They even have tips on how to get a better night's sleep and sleep help helps improve your mental and emotional, physical and relationship help. They have all kinds of tips for you, even if your partner snores. They have the Sleep Number Smart adjustable base with partner snore technology. Sleep at the next level. Unlock your unique potential with a smart bed that can perform as well as you Right now, say fifty percent on the Sleep Number Limited Edition smartbed plus special financing but only for a limited amount of time. Only at sleep Number stores or sleep number dot com Slash Patrick c store for details. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app. They say good things come to those who wait. The Mercedes Benz SUV Family Proofs otherwise takes no time at all to set up a test drive at your local Mercedes Benz dealer. Learn more at mbusa dot com. The Heat receiving the Bob Coosey Award and the Larry Bird Conference MBP Award. As Ernie Johnson said, it's not lost on me the irony of this. But is it ironic, sad or hysterical?
Speaker 1: Fritzy?
Speaker 9: I think it's pretty hysterical to me.
Speaker 12: All right, Seaton, Yeah, I mean it was got to be my best of the Weekendskay. I thought it was just I was absolutely dying last night watching and Ernie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had a great right, you know. The irony here's not lost on me.
Speaker 11: Marv.
Speaker 5: Oh, hysterical, all right, PAULI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hysterical. That's a brutal weekend, the holiday weekend in Boston. All the bros are all tanned up.
Speaker 1: Everybody prime for a historic night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the here's the Larry Bird Trophy. Jimmy Springing, Dan Levatard, host of The Dan Levatard Show with Stu Gance and Dan.
Speaker 1: Good to see you.
Speaker 8: It's always nice seeing you, Dan, I've got a little bit of chaos around me here.
Speaker 9: We've got a very electric, sort.
Speaker 8: Of vibrating Miami and we're coming off of a historic United America last night feeling very good about itself because they would be able.
Speaker 11: To laugh at one city.
Speaker 9: Last night was a winning night for America. Either today would be about laughing at Boston fans or laughing at Miami fans, and America wins today. And here's the best part about it. America was gonna win today, no matter what one hated fan base was going to allow you to laugh like that today. So congratulations to America.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if America hates the Miami heat anymore.
Speaker 9: No, No, I kind of need it. We kind of need it down here.
Speaker 13: They hate Miami, Dan, Oh, but not the heat.
Speaker 9: I believe that all things Miami are something that divide America.
Speaker 1: Do you guys hate the Miami heat? Like Jimmy Butler's a great story in Caleb Martin and Gave Vincent and Eric Spolstra.
Speaker 9: Man, we need the hate. We've been starved for the hate.
Speaker 11: Six two thousand.
Speaker 9: I not understanding what's happening around here.
Speaker 1: Wait, the lights just went out on your show.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, what happened? Haters? Bring back our hate?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Why I'm sorry that the power has gone down here. I can still hear you, though, Dan, it's still here.
Speaker 1: You never look better. I love it.
Speaker 11: Anybody got any matches?
Speaker 1: How about a candle something?
Speaker 9: I'm running. I'm running a media empire here, John Patrick. This is a very exciting time in our history.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 9: Everything shakes and creeks down here with the enthusiasm. We've lost all power down here. So I'm sorry this isn't a better televised affair.
Speaker 11: Do you use?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: You might like it? I like it? I like it?
Speaker 2: My candlelight? Is this the Levatard Blair Witch project?
Speaker 9: I'm sorry that I literally, after leaving ESPN can't keep the lights on.
Speaker 2: Stu Gotts pay the bills for the man? Will you you want me to pay the bills?
Speaker 11: I don't put my own bills.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: What would it be like today if the Miami heated loss last night?
Speaker 9: Well here's the thing, though, Dan, do you know what a gut punch Game six was like? When do you ever see? It'll get forgotten by time? What would have been something that in Boston would have rang eternal like Dave Roberts stealing a base and when they were down three to zero, Dereck White gets lost to history. Now he's just it was the The reason I say this felt the way that it did back when Miami and the world we're fighting is because everybody was willing and ready to laugh at Miami being the first to drop a three to zero lead, Derek White doing that as a gut punch. If you like sports, you can hate Boston and still be like, man, that was amazing, what an amazing ending, and Boston would have had that forever. Instead they had it for two days. It's gone now, like it it evaporates into something like, oh my god, that team was a laughing stock. And here's the best part. If you want to laugh at Boston. Boston season ended on the very next play when Jason Tatum hurt his ankle, Like the very next time they played a basketball play. Everything that Derek White gave them was gone. And so it's just it's something you can laugh at, just like us losing the lights here at a seven o moment in sports history in South Florida, where we've got two eight seeds ruining Boston season two, eight seeds, ruining everything Boston wants to believe in as hope. We really hate Boston. It's a legitimate rivalry, Dan, we don't have those anymore. It's a legitimate rivalry. Those are the best two teams in the East the last four years, and they hate each other. Going back to pat Riley hates Boston because bleep Boston.
Speaker 2: Okay, who's more important to the Heat and their success? Eric Spolster of pat.
Speaker 9: Riley, why do I have to choose?
Speaker 11: You have to choose, I ask.
Speaker 1: You to choose.
Speaker 2: You look, it's sports radio, exactly tell.
Speaker 9: I mean, okay, Eric Spolstra learned in the dark crevices of the caves of whatever obsessive compulsiveness.
Speaker 1: Sort of what you're in right now, a dark kid.
Speaker 9: Exactly this in sports, Eric Spolster, he was spending years sculpting in the dark recesses of the film room before technology was good. Like he's he's splicing up tape and he comes through thirty years of that and now what is it seven seven finals or Eastern Conference finals? Wherever the numbers are half the time they get that far and it's all of it.
Speaker 11: It's not just Spolster.
Speaker 9: It's Spolster handed down from Riley because he learned all the Riley stuff and they still go face to face on confrontation, even though Riley's damn near eighty years old.
Speaker 11: Will you answer the man's question? I mean, I don't.
Speaker 9: I mean who built it? Pat Riley built all of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Stu Gotts, let me ask you, Yeah, who's more important Eric Spolster.
Speaker 13: In fact it I would tell you that if Eric Spolstra has ever had thoughts of going somewhere else because he is tired of this question and tired of being under the umbrella of pat Riley, I would tell you after this season his stock will never be higher because he has made it to the finals with Jimmy Butler as his best player. And when you consider what jobs are open right now, Eric Spolscher can say, hey, here's my salary. I want team president, I want head coach. I walk control of everything.
Speaker 9: Not surprising, it walk surprising that Stucutts would turn spolster winning into a leverage pleasant how.
Speaker 13: About well it is, but how about we stop giving Riley credit for something that Spolster is actually doing.
Speaker 11: Okay, because Sposter's on.
Speaker 13: The badge, and he has coached these guys that within four games of an NBA cham okay.
Speaker 9: But what I would also say, Dan, as you see coaches who are on very good teams, A bunch of superstars are available right now because Doc Rivers can't do Joe l embiid, you got Kevin Durant, gets Monty Williams fired. There are very good jobs available that they are never available. And in Miami, Sposter knows that the guy who was with him in the video room is with him still because he's got organizational ability behind him. It doesn't matter who you choose to me, It doesn't He could have gone to Portland, gotten an ownership stake, could have been president, could have had power. But he's been comfortable growing old here, learning what he's learned here thirty years of you saw it, Dan, Have you ever seen after a game six a coach going into Boston for a Game seven as an eight point dog banging on the table. I want to tip it up again right now, right now, I want to tip it up again like you could give. I don't know why we have to separate the credit. Why do we have to choose between them? Why can't it be organizationally? This is a really strong organization that has done more winning this century than the Celtics. But you know, basketball's most historic franchise.
Speaker 2: See, this is why I'm starting to hate the Heat again because people like Dan Levittard telling me all that. And by the way, don't take credit for the Florida.
Speaker 1: Panthers here, Dan, what do you mean?
Speaker 11: I mean?
Speaker 1: Aren't they closer to Boca Ratone? Yes?
Speaker 9: Well, actually we were saying that the boat Preid is going to be airports because they exist in a marshland. It's aggressively.
Speaker 2: I mean Sunrise, Florida, that's where you go to die.
Speaker 11: Whoa I mean or the saw grass mills? Mall good thing.
Speaker 9: We have an expert in Greg Cody here who lives right over.
Speaker 11: There, right exactly, that's right right near my house. But you know what, I'll tell you what, Dan.
Speaker 9: Patrick suppose, loyalty to the Heat is baked in.
Speaker 11: His loyalty to Riley is baked in. He's not going anywhere. He's not going anywhere. Eric splosive, he's a Heat lifer. Book it.
Speaker 2: That's our popular Greg Cody, longtime total homer.
Speaker 9: Yes, absolutely, this week he just gave you book it like it was the seventies detective patch phrase book it. Yeah yeah, put it in a book, Write it down in a book.
Speaker 11: Bank it.
Speaker 2: How big is Jimmy Butler if we had power rank in Miami? I know our athlete power rankings? Is he a one seed?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, Dan, you were doing the show.
Speaker 13: I've always wanted to do our rankings, Jimmy Butler, God bless you.
Speaker 11: One seed?
Speaker 2: One okay, over anybody with the Dolphins, anybody, anybody else, come into anybody from the Florida Panthers.
Speaker 11: Okay, you're talking about president or all time?
Speaker 1: How well current? And then we could do all time.
Speaker 9: Okay, but this is what we need to do if we're gonna go to you know.
Speaker 1: Can you put up a test pattern at least on your screen there and like something.
Speaker 9: It's just, buddy, I don't have control of the technology here.
Speaker 3: This is embarrassing.
Speaker 9: It is embarrassing. You don't think I'm embarrassed right now? Do you think that I'm filled with boyant champion pride? Right now?
Speaker 1: This is why Mike Ryan left.
Speaker 9: But as you he hasn't left. You just can't see him because it is in his hands in the dark, I can see.
Speaker 1: What he's going to be leaving.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm leaving now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get out.
Speaker 11: You can answer your question. This is why it's funny the question that you just asked.
Speaker 9: Yes, Jimmy Butler is in the process of trying to wrestle away the legacy and team of the Miami Heat from Dwayne Wade gave us the greatest feeling and Lebron James gave us the greatest feeling. However, in the last two games, Caleb Martin has been their star. Caleb Martin has been their best player over the last few games. Our Michael Jordan has been out played by Caleb Martin over the last.
Speaker 1: Half names he should have been the MVP last night.
Speaker 9: Well that's Reggie Miller's fault. He's said it on the broadcast again and again.
Speaker 1: Why are you yelling?
Speaker 2: You don't even have lights on, man, you don't even have the status to yell at me right now.
Speaker 9: Because Reggie Miller told us on the broadcast last night.
Speaker 1: The audio works there out of that studio, good man, you see me at all? No, it's a dark screen.
Speaker 9: Why am I holding these lights?
Speaker 13: I can't sweat for fifteen minutes d.
Speaker 1: For twelve minutes. You have been in the black and in the dark.
Speaker 9: You can't see me at all.
Speaker 5: No, the powers out in the building, bays.
Speaker 9: I have no idea how we're connected to, Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's hunt in here too.
Speaker 1: All right, well now I'm now, I'm here. Now. You don't have any signal here coming. Oh my god, I feel.
Speaker 9: Bad for you. Hiring now, hiring now, media falls apart all over the United.
Speaker 2: How abound technicians hiring technicians right now? A lighting director, something like that. You got to start with the basics, A good foundation, Dan.
Speaker 9: A brand new studio. I'm sure it wasn't cheap, Dan, I'm sure it was.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I saw the tour. I saw the tour of the studio.
Speaker 11: Look great.
Speaker 9: You know how hard it is pay rent and buy things in Miami right now? You know how expensive things are here.
Speaker 2: Stu Gotts, Greg Cody and Dan Lebtard make up that powerhouse show, the Dan Lebttard Show with Stu Gotts, And you know what you're onto something a blackout show. You know, we see, we see audiences do it. You've done it with the show. Congratulations Dan, I'm deeply embarrassed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 2: That's Dan Lebtard man, he's falling on hard times FTESPN and yeah.
Speaker 3: Feel bad if they did that on purpose. Their geniuses. I don't know if they did that on purpose. It's almost Andy Kaufman esk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not that smart. No, no, they're not. He's on the phone.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like a candlelight visual there for Dan Lebttard.
Speaker 12: I love so much too that for the last week and a half or so, we've been kicking around like, hey, let's get levatard on, let's hear Yeah, behind the scenes we've been yeah, yeah, maybe Levatar and let's see the schedule wise.
Speaker 1: Whatever, And then this is what happens. Great, just great, yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh Ryan, and Honolulu, it's early for Ryan, it's uh.
Speaker 1: Dan, Ryan, what time is it? What time is it in Hawaii?
Speaker 4: It's three thirty six am? And this single life, my friend that my hours are getting a little crazy here.
Speaker 1: How how is the single life? Or maybe this is why you're single?
Speaker 4: Well, it's good to be single, Dan. Actually I've got I had a wife and a condo in Hawaiian now have a condo and an ex wife and it's an improvement.
Speaker 1: We at least you got the condo.
Speaker 9: There you go. So are you.
Speaker 15: Cell ticked off today or are you just bringing a hate I've got some uh mark headlines for the finals, and I've also got some Memorial Day sports names of the rebuttal.
Speaker 1: To Fritzi if you like, okay, sure, why not? What do you want first? You'd surprise me? All right?
Speaker 4: Some NBA one's here, Shaquillo, Navy Seal. We've got Hakeem.
Speaker 2: Hoorajjuan Okayorah, I'm in a real generous mood today after what just happened with Levatarde.
Speaker 4: So just yeah, yeah, the basement has already been hit, my friend. So a couple of NFL ones here.
Speaker 3: Josh Norman, b okay, how.
Speaker 11: About Trooper Cup.
Speaker 4: I've got the lute, pal Antonio. Let's go to the mock headlines. Dan, okay, this one is relevant.
Speaker 15: Lepertad is happy Miami, Stu got's the win, okay.
Speaker 4: Joey Mafula to up to prepare his's team again.
Speaker 1: I think it's time for you to go.
Speaker 2: I think you should go to bed. I think you should go back to bed, right.
Speaker 11: Right, you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah? This is it.
Speaker 15: NBA Finals and the heat is on all night on the coat Domine Bastan, Welcome to.
Speaker 4: Miami, added Bio and Kyle Lowry.
Speaker 2: It's Ryan and Honolulu like golf applause. Is Ryan still up or did.
Speaker 1: He just get up? I think he might still be up. Gotta be right, I think so.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: My sources have told me over the years that Ryan sets an alarm to go along with the show and goes to bed and get some sleep, like Da Vinci, Like, he sleeps a couple hours and he does our show, and then he goes back to bed, which could explain his single status.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Da Vinci never called into a talk show, not that we know, back in the fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Fifteenth century right now, I don't think.
Speaker 2: So, let's take a break here, let's kind of regroup here a little bit, and we got our play the day coming up next. Also our best and worst of the weekend phone calls coming up. We'll have that for you coming up after this. Get Refunds dot Com just remember that and maybe you'll get some money back for your business construction, retail, restaurants, bars, hotels. You've heard CEO Howard Mackler of Innovation Refunds and get Refunds dot Com explain how the company has helped so many small businesses with their ERC tax refunds. I know it sounds complicated, but it's not. Government data experts have estimated eighty six percent of small businesses were likely eligible for this tax credit. The challenge was cutting through all the red tape. But that's where Innovation Refunds comes in. They have tax attorneys who specialize in getting these tax returns, and they have completed over seventeen thousand returns for many businesses. It's going to take you about eight minutes. Go to get Refunds dot Com. You could be on your way to receiving money for your business. No upfront charge. They don't get paid unless you get paid. But the only way to get started to find out is go to get Refunds dot Com or download the app from the app store today. That's Get Refunds dot Com. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 11: HI.
Speaker 9: This is Jay Glazer.
Speaker 16: And you may know me for the world of football or fighting or even shows like HBO's Ballers.
Speaker 9: Well you don't know is for my entire life.
Speaker 16: I have lived in something I refer to as the Great Depression, anxiety. So now I'm coming out with a new podcast, Unbreakable, a mental health.
Speaker 9: Podcast with Jay Laser, where each week, while we.
Speaker 16: Talk about mental health, I hope to describe it, give it words. Listen to Unbreakable with Jay Glaser on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Play of the.
Speaker 3: Day, better.
Speaker 10: Play, This is the play of the day.
Speaker 5: Check this out.
Speaker 1: Night's when a defensive zone face off. Hay grims it around.
Speaker 9: Barbishev breaks in, joined by marciusol tucks it to him shooting.
Speaker 11: He scores.
Speaker 9: Jonathan Marcissa That can go two on one set up by Barbishev. Four nothing Golden Knights.
Speaker 13: Jonathan Marciusa's ninth of the playoffs, fourth of the series.
Speaker 5: Have the Knights have pulled away?
Speaker 1: That's your play of the day.
Speaker 2: Courtesy of my plan from Verizon giving you control of your phone plan. Yeah, what you want, only pay for what you need. By the way you can control Marvin's Cookout playlist this week, go to Danpatrick dot com and vote, then tune in Friday to hear the winning playlist. Now, if you were gonna have Marvin's Cookout playlist here, bands from.
Speaker 1: Florida or Colorado?
Speaker 7: Hm?
Speaker 1: Is that on? Even though? As far as great bands or artists out of Florida and Colorado, PAULI.
Speaker 3: I think Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers would be a one seed for Florida, right, I would think so.
Speaker 12: I think Earth Wind and Fire Colorado. Oh no, I mean there's okay, some heavy hitters right there.
Speaker 2: Did we do any research on great bands or artists from Florida or Colorado?
Speaker 12: Florida definitely has a lot of great bands, but I'm pretty sure that Colorado does too.
Speaker 3: Yes, I started researching this about forty five seconds ago, okay, and I don't know if this is right or not. I'll just go with it. The Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that doesn't make the list, like they don't think that's insult not great bands of all time?
Speaker 3: I don't know, we're not. I don't think the Beatles are gonna make it like we're gonna need like a less lower the bar a little bit.
Speaker 12: Liverpool is essentially the Colorado of England.
Speaker 3: Sister city for Denver.
Speaker 1: The fray One Republic. Oh flobots accessible, Yes, yes, Martin.
Speaker 5: Would Liverpool be Sunrise? Would it be the Sunrise of England? Okay?
Speaker 2: I know that Miami once to take credit for the Florida Panthers. Where is Florida located? Because I asked the dan Nets earlier today, I said, do you know where the Florida Panthers located? And then I think most of us thought when they're in Miami, Miami proper.
Speaker 1: At first I was like, Tampa.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, well, a lot of the sports teams that are Miami teams are sometimes are the football team could be in Fort Lauderdale the stadiums Okay, I have the Florida Panthers as being in Sunrise, Florida, which is right by Everglades's Wildlife Management Area. It's a half an hour west of Fort Lauderdale. Okay, it's a good hour from Miami.
Speaker 2: Do you have a problem that they have claimed the entire state? Like Carolina Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes. They've taken two states. They're like, hey, we're not North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both, you're region.
Speaker 1: Your team is New England Patriots. Does it bother you? They used to be the Boston Patriots.
Speaker 12: Well, New England, So Gillette is probably about as far from Boston as the where the Florida Panthers play from. From Miami, that's about forty five minutes maybe even more.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the Chicago Bears are going that direction. They're going to Arlington Heights, which is definitely not Chicago, so they could become the Chicago Land Bears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: It's not as tough watch out for the Chicago Land Bears.
Speaker 1: It sounds like an amusement or you know, maybe a zoo. I don't like doing a whole region. You should be from the city.
Speaker 12: Can just do all of Florida or you can't just do all of New England. You're going to take all of those states and be like, yeah, that's right us.
Speaker 1: Should they be the Miami Panthers.
Speaker 3: Boy, they're not even They're not that close. They're much closer to Fort Lauderdale and Book Overtone.
Speaker 1: Yes, Stoka Panthers.
Speaker 5: You've got Minnesota, you know, declaring every team declares the entire state and all the proteins in Minnesota, And how did the California Angels ever get away with that when you've got the Dodgers and Padres and things.
Speaker 2: Like that Anaheim and then Los Angeles of Anaheim and real identity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Struggles, Yeah, yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Should have been gone southern Southern California Angels. That has more coolness to it, so cal So what if we insist at all team names? Yeah, the city you're in, So the Sunrise Panthers, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then every headline when they lose, you know, sunsets on the Sunrise Panthers. Can you call them the Gillett for Foxborough Patriots?
Speaker 1: I mean they should be.
Speaker 12: But we still have I mean, this is a famous one, but the Jets and Giants are still allowed to be in New York.
Speaker 1: Not only are they a whole state.
Speaker 12: I mean I get the city, the part, but they don't even play in their state.
Speaker 3: Yes, but then the Green Bay Packers do it right. They're in a smallish town. Don't go by the Wisconsin Packers and they're definitely Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: So once again, if you go to Danpatrick dot com, you can be in control. Marvin's Cookout playlist this week. You have the choice between bands from Florida or Colorado. My plan from Bryson take control of your phone plan. Yeah, all right, Mark do my research. Yes, you're gonna have to for a change.
Speaker 5: Colorado. I have those bands out there, all.
Speaker 12: Right, lumineers fans just want to point out that they're from Colorado as well.
Speaker 1: Who illumineers? Okay, Hey, how hey what's the one song that they did that's it?
Speaker 11: Hey?
Speaker 1: But not the Ramones? Yeah, hey, let's go Okay, Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: Bands from Florida. I got a lot, Now, great bands from Florida. I'll start with Limp Biscuit and then I'll I'm sorry you guys happened.
Speaker 5: Show some respect.
Speaker 1: Creed Oh with arms wide open.
Speaker 5: I'm rut for Florida. I am rufe for Florida, Lodgers.
Speaker 3: Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 1: I mean there's a lot, there's a lot. Yes, ton I know she's from Havana, Cuba.
Speaker 9: But the Miami sound machine. Can we get glorious step on him?
Speaker 15: There?
Speaker 1: I don't squeeze that in Conga beats rhythm is going to get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Dan, you're you're old school. Molly Hatchett from Florida.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, flirting with disaster. Yeah, Molly Hatchett was sort of the knockoff of SKINNERD. I think there there are a lot of skinnered wannabes.
Speaker 1: Thirty eight special hold on loosely.
Speaker 2: All right, well that'll be Friday Marvin's cookout playlist.
Speaker 5: Yes, Mark, Molly Hatchett is a woman or a band?
Speaker 1: It's a band, Okay, Yeah, Molly Hatchett.
Speaker 5: You learn some new every day.
Speaker 3: It's like naming the city or the state. Why is the name of the person?
Speaker 2: Andrew and Washington saves us? Good morning, Andrew. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Good morning Dan and Dan? That's I don't know if I'm here to save you, but I do hope Dan Lemitard pay his bills and get his wife's back off. Boxton prayer to his team. My worst weekend was what you guys showed in the live looking coming in was my Duke Blue Devils losing in the National Championship for lacrosse to the Notre Dame Irishmans Grabs. My best of the weekend, Like you mentioned, Game seven last night, the first playing team to make the finals in the first time in twenty four years for an eight seed to make it to the finals. So looking forward to that series. Even though Tim Legler said Denver's gonna win it against anybody, I just can't put it, you know. I just don't have a number for the Heat. I mean, they do what we don't expect. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, and yep, Jimmy.
Speaker 14: Butler has knocked out Joe Missoula from the playoffs before. It was way back when Butler's Marquette Golden Eagles eliminated Missoula's West Virginia Mountaineers from the Big East.
Speaker 2: Turning, all right, thank you Andrew Missoula was a player for West Virginia back then.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mark al.
Speaker 5: Horford is two years older than Joe Missoula. Fun fact there.
Speaker 1: Hall of Famer, Hall of Famer Al Horford. Damn yeah, I was so close.
Speaker 2: All I needed was one good game from Al Horford just to validate Al Horford.
Speaker 1: Hall of Famer. Yes, seton.
Speaker 12: They swapped out Al Horford last night, and Reggie Miller was like, whoa, they're taking off the offensive player.
Speaker 1: He's going more defensive for this look.
Speaker 12: He actually referred to Al Horfan as an offensive minded guy.
Speaker 1: Offensive. Yeah, I think that was.
Speaker 2: Reggie will join us. He's traveling today. He'll join us on the program tomorrow. Mike Florio coming up in about ten minutes, the possibility that Tom Brady could actually be coming back to play for the Raiders since Jimmy Garoppolo had off season surgery. And also where is DeAndre Hopkins going to end up? And we'll check in with the Celtics in the aftermath of last night's lost hour two on the way