Speaker 1: Welcome to pod meets Twirled, the Dancing with the Stars recap hosted by two guys who can't dance don't want to dance. Friend Danielle has joined the cast for season thirty four. We're going all in. We are wil Fredell and Ryder Strong aka the two dudes standing next to Topanga aka daniel Fishal's backup aka the dan Yettes. Hi, Hi rider, how are you good? I see you've opened your shirt this morning?
Speaker 2: Well, I feel that since we're going to be judging, we have to have one of us anyway has to be the really good looking one, right, and the other one needs to be you sure?
Speaker 3: So I figured that's the best way to go.
Speaker 1: Are you going to stand up every time after we cover a dance? Because you notice Bruno whenever he's judging, like just to take control.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you really have the shirt open? Went there's one button at the bottom. And I'll be honest with you. With the shape I'm in, it's holding on for dear life.
Speaker 1: All right. So we watched this show. We watched this episode twice, once live in person for our first Dancing with the Stars. Let's talk about that experience. It was it was amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, the first thing you get is an email inviting you to come. And the thing that shocked me was it's like they ask for formal attire, right, so it was dress cocktail dressed, and men they want in jackets and ties and the women in and Sue and I were looking at each other like, oh, I guess cocktail attire?
Speaker 1: Do you have cocktail attire? I love that though. That immediately put me in the right mindset. I was like, all right, we're not going to some sleazy Hollywood dance show. This is classy. They might kick you out if you don't show up with.
Speaker 3: A jacket exactly.
Speaker 1: I really appreciated that. I did too.
Speaker 3: I did not have a problem with that.
Speaker 2: There's nothing with the caron with occasionally dressing up for a Hollywood event.
Speaker 1: Except that it was ninety five degrees and we got stuck outside waiting for a while.
Speaker 2: We did, we did, and our spouses were not on the list to get in, so they just apparently seat four C was there was no plus one for there was no seat five C. So you they just waved you in with Alex right, yeah, yeah, okay, of course we had like we were we were too We waited in line for forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: We got there. We were supposed to be there at three thirty.
Speaker 2: We got there at like three forty, right, and so the yeah, we waited in line, and then they pulled us out of line to stand there, and then they had to so this is not a joke. The woman who was helping us, there's people in red shirts everywhere with the little microphones that are helping everybody. And she turned to me and she said, yes, what's your name? I said it's will for Dell. She said, oh okay, oh yeah, it's right here. They had, like I've never seen before, everything done alphabetically by first name, which I've never seen done before. So there, I am no plus one. Susan's not on the list. So they say you have to step aside, and she grabs the microphone and she says, yes, Carol, I'm here with will Fredell will Fredell.
Speaker 3: Will Ford. And then she turns me.
Speaker 2: She goes, sorry, she's on the dance floor right now and death And I went, well, then, what why the microphone?
Speaker 1: She so yeah.
Speaker 3: So then they finally got word that we were allowed in.
Speaker 2: Justa's friend, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: The other guy from.
Speaker 3: The show just let him on, not to Panga.
Speaker 1: So we walked into this stage and having never seen the show, I didn't have this reaction. But I feel like a lot of people are like, oh, it's smaller in real life. Yeah, but it's still felt pretty overwhelming to me. Just the sheer number of crew members and dancers, and it's beautiful. It's like deck to the nines. There's little like tables. We had great seats. We were amazing court side. What do you call it, Yeah, that would be called dance ball side.
Speaker 2: I mean three feet away. I mean the Flamenco sweat was hit us in the chest. It was that close to the action.
Speaker 1: Lance Bass was there, yeplan Danielle's X blocking us. So we were never seen by cameras, which is good. Well, I got I was on camera because I got.
Speaker 2: I got people sending me screenshots and of course all the screenshots are like mid clap, so it's me like and they're all brilliant. But yeah, no, the the other thing now, So my parents asked this because of course everybody's watching to support Danielle at this point.
Speaker 3: How many guests do you think were there?
Speaker 2: Like if the entire audience there from it was what multi tiered, two different tiers, So the bottom there's kind of stadium seating and then the top there's like a balcony.
Speaker 3: People can stand around three hundred.
Speaker 2: People, yeah, two or two or three hundred people, and so in not that big a space, right.
Speaker 1: Well, because you also have probably about two hundred crew members at least, it was an army. Got live. Television is such a different beast than we are used to. I mean when we would did our tapings of Boy Meets World, there was an energy, but but it was also kind of relaxing. You know, you're like, oh, cut and everybody's you know, talking, there's never a moment like you always have a big clock ticking down, somebody announcing we're back. In ninety seconds, we're back and five four applause. Yet so there's so.
Speaker 2: Much energy going into this and well I'm in between all that yelling, a DJ constantly playing music, so there's no quiet, there's no calm, there's no Yeah, I it made me so nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just really anxious. And then if I we saw Danielle like from a distance a couple of times, totally calm. Yeah, totally seems like in charge, looking beautiful. Yeah, so I think the right person is doing dances with us.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: But I wanted to ask her because you know, we watched it live and then we watched it back on camera, and watching it back on camera and knowing Danielle.
Speaker 3: I could see how nervous she was really for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yet there was some There was some like obviously her mouth was dry, so there was some like lipsmacking things that you recognize in another criticizing Danielle.
Speaker 1: What we do it here, that's.
Speaker 3: Why we're here.
Speaker 2: We're here to just we're not even gonna talk about any of the other performers. It's just criticizing Danielle and her dancing. No, So it was no, But it's just because I've known her for thirty years, so she she can and fake it's not the right word.
Speaker 1: She's just a professional.
Speaker 2: So's she can entertain even it's like a good entertainer. It doesn't matter what you're feeling inside, you go out and you entertain. And that's Danielle. So I know Danielle well enough to know like, oh, she's nervous, But that was it.
Speaker 1: Nobody else would have picked it up. Yeah, she seemed totally cool to me. All right, So what did you know about Dancing with the Stars before going to the show.
Speaker 2: Probably as much as you. I knew it was a very popular television show on ABC.
Speaker 1: I think I knew it was on ABC.
Speaker 2: I knew that celebrities, athletes, and social media stars go on. I know a little bit of it because my other podcast, Magical Rewind, my co host was a big celebrity dancer, Subrin Bryan.
Speaker 3: She was also it was, I guess, a big.
Speaker 2: To do because no one thought she should be kicked off when she was kicked off, like, she only made it like six or seven weeks and that was a big thing. So I knew a little bit about it, but other than that, nothing I knew exactly what you did. I didn't know how they scored it. I didn't know any of the stuff they do. I still don't entirely know how they score it or what. Don't either how they help people off like that.
Speaker 1: I'm what the relationship between the judges numbers and the votes are, like, Yeah, they added up together, do the votes ultimately counting? The judges numbers are just there as like a guide. This is what the professionals think, but you can just it's so. Is it just a popularity contest? I don't know. How.
Speaker 2: Then the sub question asking this to add to the to some fuel to the fire. How are our critiques gonna gonna you know, match in with the judges critiques and the audience critiques, because now this is going to be the pre eminent judge.
Speaker 1: Major That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So so you can trust us as the new experts exactly. That's all it takes is a you know, a microphone and a smile.
Speaker 1: Now we're the experts too. So okay, so let's talk about your experience with dancing. Have you ever done ballroom dancing? Do you know anything about ballroom dance?
Speaker 2: I back in the day, when I was a kid, I think I took a ballroom dancing class. When I mean kid, like ten eleven years old. And then, strangely enough, one of the ways jokingly that Danielle and I would pass the time behind the set of Boymants World is I would grab her and we would fake tango or fake salsa or fake cha chaws.
Speaker 1: So you were her coach.
Speaker 2: So I essentially taught Danielle. He was essentially okay, okay, so correct. You know, he's the sense, right, and she I was gonna say, I'm the hand, she's the clay, and I'm only as good as the clay that I have, and the clay that I had back in the nineties not that great, right. So I think with the some of the dancers she's working with now, we'll probably pull a little more out of her than I could. But that's only because I was working on such a higher level of dance at the time that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think I've drunkenly danced at maybe two weddings. Yeah, and then I was told about it later, So I don't even remember doing that. So not a dancer, never been a dancer. How about you, what's your level of dance, Expolis?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, nothing. I have been to the ballet twice in my life and loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both times I went.
Speaker 1: And why don't I do this all the time, because it's gorgeous, it's amazing, and when it's you know, telling a story, especially like I just get so so. But I just never think about it. I never think like, oh, I should get tickets to the latest ballet, which I now I really want to start doing. All right, Well, the extent of my experience is having seen the movie Strictly Ballroom in the nineties. That's that's my knowledge of actual ballroom dancing. Yeah, all right, So let's get into the opening episode of season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars. Yes, opens with a big dance number done by these incredible dancers. We got to see it twice because they do a rehearsal first and then they do it again. I was amazed. Immediately thought, these people are incredible. Seems that there's so many of them. They're moving everywhere. I don't understand how they're not bumping into cameras, bumping into each other. It's insane.
Speaker 2: Well, I was just about to say, and I didn't know if we should save this to the end, but they're the best dancer of the night by far. Was the steady cam up steady cam operator. You never saw because I watched this back last night. You never watched catch a glimpse of this guy. Nope, you never see him on camera. He is up in the he's in the dances. He is there with this giant.
Speaker 1: Rig running around them in circles and doing all the amazing shots which I could see what was happening while we were there. I could see this guy working so hard carrying this heavy camera rig. But then to watch back the episode, it was just beautiful and you realize, like this guy or this team, you know, all these camera people are making the show so much better than it would be if it was just like a static you know, stage camera or whatever. It's incredible. It gives it so much energy, and I found my interpretations of the dances really changed. See I'm seeing them on camera is a very different experience and being in the room.
Speaker 2: It is so different seeing and so one of the things I noticed because when I was looking at the judges a lot of the time, obviously your eyes are over there to see what they know, and they're staring down. They're not looking either either standing up looking close or they're staring down. So they must have monitors right in front of them connected directly to the camera. That is that they're watching all the little stuff going on, because they clearly saw that in a different way.
Speaker 1: All right, So after the opening number, we get introduced to our first dance couple, Jordan Chiles and Ezra Sosa. Yes, I will state clearly now I did not know who anybody was. I don't know who any of the dancers are except Corey Feldman similar generational actor, and Andy Richter. I don't think I've ever seen Andy in anything other than movies, but I knew who he was, right, yeah, yeah, So those are the two. Not quite the same way.
Speaker 2: I knew Jordan Chiles because I like the Olympics, and obviously I knew gymnastics is big in the Olympics. So yes, i'd heard her name, so I'd certainly seen her perform, But I'm kind of in the same boat with you. None of the dancers. Obviously, I didn't know a single dancer there.
Speaker 1: But so Jordan Chiles made headlines at the twenty twenty four Olympics when the bronze medal she won on the floor exercise final in Paris was stripped by the Court of Arbitration for Sport following a challenge by Romania Crazy. She still holds two Olympic medals, a team goald from the twenty twenty four Games and a team silver from the delayed twenty twenty Olympic Games in Tokyo. They danced the salsa to the song Break My Soul by Beyonce. I was pretty much blown away. I also I I've always wondered about the line between gymnastics and dancing, because well, that's what I want to talk about, please, Because you know, I've always watched floor routines and gymnastics and been like, they're dancing. They're just doing so much more athletic, you know, right, flips and whatnot. But to see this dance and to see some of that work integrated in and then to hear the judge's response, which was not super positive about all nos was was kind of jarring for me because I was like, but come on, she can do these things.
Speaker 3: Right, but that dancing.
Speaker 1: No. I guess that's the question, this question what this whole show is judging. I was like, yes, Bruno, Derek, guys, calm down. The woman just flew through the air and did all these crazy flips. Could you do that? But it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter no exactly If the show is called Magic with the Stars and I'm awesome at juggling, did I do magic or did I juggle? So that's the thing is, it's like I watched it back and again knowing nothing of Salza other than it's phenomenal on chips.
Speaker 1: You could.
Speaker 2: It was one of those things where I was like, oh, she's she's doing cool gymnastics, but is this also dancing?
Speaker 1: So that gets to the heart of like my conflict with the show is just not understanding enough about dance. But I'm getting better. I feel like, having watched it twice now, I'm like I could see what they were saying this time around. I was like, oh, yeah, it was just a little something was a little off. It was a little stiffer or more stilted than it should be. But I thought it was still so impressive. But I guess it gets into this question of like the difference between entertainment or just doing a show and doing a dance right correctly doing a dance specifically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not just some Yeah, I think we also have to throw in and this is a real thing. They were first on the first episode of a brand new season. It's like, you're there talk about nerve wracking. You're the first one to go. That's got to be really, really tough. So the question, and now I'm going to throw this question out at you every week, would you rather go first and get it over with or would you rather sit there and watch other teams? And then I think I'd rather go first to get it Yes, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 1: Sitting backstage for the whole time, just holding freaking out, yes, freaking the same, same. Okay, So they did their dance the judges. I noticed Bruno's standing to judge. I really like his energy. He's funny, he's great, he's great. But they both give amazing notes. Actually, like especially watching it back a second time, I was like, yeah, this is really good feedback. They are super positive. And then they said that they were going to be harsh because it's the first episode.
Speaker 2: So the number they want to give themselves somewhere to go, right, Yes, which made sense. Yeah, So they both only only gave this dance a five each, so it was a solid ten I want amaze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no out of.
Speaker 2: Thirty technically, because because the thing was judge, we missed the third judge. The third judge, and apparently, from what everybody said is you and I have never seen the show, but apparently the third judge of the woman brings a whole different level to everything. It balances out the judges and it's really different way.
Speaker 3: I kind of them.
Speaker 1: He wanted a little on a third voice, because these guys were kind of in agreement. They have different energies, but they were kind of in agreement with each other, and they seemed very I mean, maybe this is everybody, but they seem very focused on like dance and timing and like less less blown away by somebody's ability to entertain, which is actually pretty great and kind of important.
Speaker 2: So yes, well it is. It's part you know, I was taught. I think this would this would fit. I was talking to you guys keep going back to magicians, but I was talking to a magician yesterday who said, it's so much easier to take an entertainer and teach them magic than it is to take a magician and teach them how to entertain.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if it's easier to take an entertainer and teach them how to dance than take a dancer and teach them how to light up and entertain on the floor.
Speaker 1: So, because they tend to agree with you, but then after watching the show again, I don't know the ones who were professional dancers when they were younger really stood out. There's something about here. They have it in their bones in a way that even people like Danielle, who was amazing, they don't. She doesn't have it yet, you know, she doesn't have a certain dancer thing. So I was kind of I'm surprised by the fact that they allow ex professional dancers to even be one of the stars. It seems like kind of counter to the whole point of the show, which is these people are not pros. But right, I guess you know everybody, it's going to be interesting to watch this journey me too.
Speaker 2: Wait before we move on to our next pair, which we have to do quickly, do you agree with the judges scoring and would you have changed it in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Would you also have given them the same amount.
Speaker 1: In the room, I was like, no, she deserved a six or seven, like at least for and but then watching it back, yeah, I think five was a good way to go if we're keeping the first episode like low to like give them room to improve. Yeah, she should know that, Like she can't get away with just that, you know, the athleticism, it's it's impressive.
Speaker 2: Integrate it better. Maybe agreed one hundred percent? All right, so we're both in agreement with the first ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, go all right. Then we had Dylan Efron and Daniella car Gootch. So Dylan Efron is Zac Efron's brother.
Speaker 3: He was in middle school middle school musical which nobody saw one.
Speaker 1: Season three of a show called Traders, which I've also never heard of, but apparently is a big deal.
Speaker 3: We keep saying that we're everyone's saying we're supposed to watch this.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I felt I felt for Dylan because in his pre show package he was talking about how he's really brave about doing adventurous stuff like outdoorsy stuff, but the idea of dancing scares the crap out of him, and that's why he's doing it. And I was like, yes, near my guy, Near my guy. And given that, I really enjoyed his dance because, you know, I was like, dude, you're doing it. You're you're you're out there, you're putting yourself out there. She was probably the best dancer of the night for me. She was incredible, incredible, Believe how good she was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 1: Part of that is because I think she was working very hard to compensate, which I guess is kind of the balance, right, Like these people because she was just giving it everything and it was so impressive. For me. It was like, oh, is this That's like the level that we can achieve. And actually I don't think anybody really beat her. For me, I thought Danielle Karagoch was like the most amazing dnswer of the night.
Speaker 3: She was great.
Speaker 2: They yet but you could tell that he again, I don't know if it's nervous or whatever, but it was a stilted kind of he just seemed very stiff in the room.
Speaker 1: Though I enjoyed it a lot more watching it back again, I was like, Oh, he didn't I know, but there's something about him on camera, like when he jumped on the table. In person, it was fantastic start and I was like, oh, he's doing it. When I watched it on TV, I was like, uh, you're trying a little hard. But yep, so agree, it's an in person energy that was very different.
Speaker 3: It is very different.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I feel I fell for him too, and I agree with the judges score.
Speaker 1: And they were doing the Chacha shaw to a song called Milkshake, which just didn't feel completely integrated. There's something a little yeah, And the judges said that essentially and gave them both. They both gave fives. So at this point, I'm like, are we just going to give fives for the whole night?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: You know? What you could see because when the judges said your timing was way off, when I was watching it there, I was like, it didn't seem way off, And then watching it on a camera, I was like, no, the timing was off. He was doing one thing, she was doing another. So yeah it was the timing was off.
Speaker 1: Get out your metronome, ye, Dylan, all right, so we agree with the scores? Yes, yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, Actually watching it back, I feel like they could have could have been a little lower, a little harsher, but I don't think they were.
Speaker 2: They're trying to do that. And then they did that for some people. I was like, oh, they are going lower than five. So yeah, it was yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And next up we had Elaine Hendrix and Alan Burston. Elaine is not Ellen Burston. I had to look that up. Totally different person in person. Elaine is an actor. She was in The Parent Trap. She played Meredith Blake in that. She's also appeared on Dynasty, Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll and Joan of Arcadia. I did not know who she was, but when I saw her face was like, oh, yeah, I think I've seen seen her around. They danced a chat chaw to chat cha cha to woman and I thought this was like really the first like, oh, this is a great dance. She knew what she was doing. She knew what she was doing. Turns out she was a dancer in the past, so that.
Speaker 3: God had to give it up because she got hit by a car.
Speaker 2: So she's got the chops and the story because I think this the personal story is also hugely important for because you're voting, so I mean, you have to keep in mind that this is for the country, and I think the story of a woman who wanted to be a dancer and then got hit by a car, had to give it up and then can still do that, I think she's going to go pretty far in this competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she really, she did great. She was great so the judges. Actually, Derek said something about her performance. He said it has a Broadway quality, and I thought that's really accurate, you know, for it was an actor dancing and I could tell that she was more of an actor. But I liked that she was doing all these faces and like twiddling her fingers and then they did that one like handshake at one point where they did like the you know, the up down thing. Yes, it was great. So I was thoroughly entertained. And they the judges gave them a six and a six. I think I would have given them a seven.
Speaker 2: I agree on hundred percent. I agree on hundred percent. I thought she was great. It reminded me of like, oh, that's the person you cast in Chicago the movie or one of these kind of big dance number of movies, because she had the whole package. The outfit looked great, the start with the big hat, her partner was awesome. She was just so happy to be there. She was was there and now, Yes, so it was.
Speaker 1: She's a contender, She's up. Definitely. She had me.
Speaker 2: She was she was great, and I agree with you one hundred percent. I think they could have gone a little bit higher.
Speaker 1: With her score. So next up we had Whitney Levitt and Mark Ballas. Whitney is a social media influencer and entrepreneur who stars alongside the fellow Dancing with a Star season forecast member Jen Affleck on the secret lives of Mormon wives She is a mom of three. She has over two point five million followers on Tip Ta Geez. But she is also a dancer. I thought she was really good to the tango to the song Golden from K Pop Demon Hunters, which is just like the best song of the night, and it's like it was such a good selection because it's so of the moment, like this is the song my kid is listening to. Every everybody's kid is listening to. It's been super smart.
Speaker 2: Apparently her partner Mark Ballas is like, this is the guy who's won a whole bunch of times. He is the man when it comes to the dancers, apparently. And I guess he had left the show. By the way, producer Tara, if anything we're saying is completely and totally wrong, and you know the answer, please jump in with this stuff, because I but I think he like left the show under some kind of It wasn't controversy, but it was more like he just wanted to take off. And then he's recently come back, so I think this was kind of a big deal, right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he basically he's been on His first ever partner was Sabrina and Bryan. Oh yes, and that was his first season and he left he had an injury. I think it was I can't remember what kind of injury, but he had an injury. So he wasn't dancing regularly because it's very hard on your body. Yeah, but he came back and won with Charlie Dmilio, and he just he basically talked about that he's been healing and taking care of his body and he wanted to come back. So there was no controversy.
Speaker 1: It was just okay.
Speaker 2: But he was like, am I wrong that he was like the face of the male dancers for Dancing with the Stars for a while.
Speaker 3: He was like the guy right.
Speaker 5: It was always like him and Derek were on at the same time.
Speaker 3: Derek, right, who's the who's the judge?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: And then we have Max whose VAL's brother. There was a lot of those key players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, all right, this this this one with Whitney and Mark was like, I was like, oh, it's going to keep getting better, Like this was, oh, the last one was the best of the night. Now it took it to even the next level. I was like, well, this is great. The judges gave him a seven and an eight in a weird controversial moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, apparently, yeah, you have to.
Speaker 2: It's one thing apparently, and they we heard the voice over the loudspeaker saying yet, which they cut out from the live show.
Speaker 3: You have to lock Oh no, they had it in the live show.
Speaker 2: You have to lock in your number first, So apparently the judges they have to literally hit a button to lock in their number and then pick up their paddle. He locked in an eight, but picked up a seven. So when they then cut later to Julianne Huff talking about it, she got a message in your euro pier saying no, they actually put an eight, so that was a fourteen and then went up to a fifteen because apparently he had locked in the eight button, so which.
Speaker 1: I think it deserved. I feel like pretty much overall this was the highest scoring dance of the night from the judges point of view, I think it was probably top top three.
Speaker 2: It was one of the top agreed one hundred percent. I don't think it was the best. But I also have the question for you, which we're going to have to talk about as the show progresses, especially, is the balance between stage props.
Speaker 3: And flashy stuff going on just dancing.
Speaker 1: Who makes these decisions I think they do okay, because there were some that had such high production value and then others like Danielle Fishel would just very straightforward and just think about the dance and in the room, I was like, well, we should be having all the fire, but then watching it back, I was like, no, there's some too being classy and yes, dude, and also you can grow.
Speaker 4: This game is strategy, yes, yes, And there's strategy involved in every decision that's made on this show. And Danielle and Pasha and all the dancers that you saw are making decisions based on what they want on the stage, what they want their creative to be. They all have their hands in it.
Speaker 1: Right, and they're telling a story in such an interesting way because like when I you know, I have watched American Idol for years. I've watched other competition shows where they spend more time with the contestants behind the scenes, where you the part of the storytelling is like getting to know them as people or like their families or whatever. There's very little of that in this show. We get the like one minute package to introduce each one of them, and I'm very curious to see how that happens every week.
Speaker 2: Like because it'll grow because as if people get kicked off, the package is going to get longer because then there's only six people. So I imagine the dance gets longer and the package goes longer. I would think, Yeah, So I guess what I'm saying is the dancing is.
Speaker 1: The storytelling, right, do you know what I mean? So watching these people now that we've like sort of taken notes and watching them progress is going to earn more appreciation, you know, So like, yes, that's going to be very interesting to see somebody who probably out of the gate was just a solid dancer and then maybe stays there over the course of the season, and the people who get better and better, and I feel like, yeah, I'm going to be invested in those those stories without even knowing anything about you know, them as people or really seeing them like hanging out that much, or like I can tell you really cool, that's something I care about this, I.
Speaker 2: Agree, But watching watching it back and watching just the people that danced without all the pageantry on the stage, it made me think they have a place to go with this. They can grow from here. Whereas if you started at ten, I know, where do you go it's like.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: You killed it on the first night when nobody's going to be kicked off, But where you know, you got to ramp this up every week?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: How do you do that?
Speaker 4: So my question to you then is strategically about Dancing with the stars. If you're given the opportunity to have a car on your stage or something like that, and you can do it in week one, do you say no because week two and three you don't have it anymore, or you can't do that every week?
Speaker 3: I say no.
Speaker 2: I start exactly how Danielle started, which is two people dancing to great music with great costumes.
Speaker 4: And I will make I will make this is no inside Baseball because I would have noticed this just by watching the show. But Mark and Pasha and Val are three of the most seasoned veterans on the male side. Two of the three had no nothing on the stage, and the Val had Alex Earl the influencer, and he put a lot on the stage with fire and bring a fire, and I think she needs that because she is a very showy celebrity. But you notice the other too, strategically did not do it. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I also have a question when it comes to the actual dance aspect of the show. So, if you're a male professional dancer on the show and Danielle Fischel is your partner, great, you come on, I'm going to teach you how to dance.
Speaker 3: I'm the man, so I lead. That's traditionally how it.
Speaker 2: Works when the woman is the professional dancer, is the woman leading or is the woman not.
Speaker 1: Only teaching the dance but teaching the man to lead. Does anybody know it's all of it? It's both. Yeah, I mean I think, I mean, you can see that they're working with what they've got right, But no, I think technically the man always has to lead, so that determines whose arm is, which arm and which direction.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's like, not only do I have to teach you how to dance, but I have to teach you how to lead me.
Speaker 4: This is a whole strategy though, because it's all plays in it. Because I think it's easier for the men because dancing ballroom dancing has a focus on the female and you're mostly looking at the female in any case where he's the frame, so it's harder. You could argue both ways, it's easier for the male celebrity, or it's.
Speaker 1: More I don't know if I mean, I definitely think they're leading, but I'm not sure if leading necessarily means that it takes more skill, right, you know what I mean, It's just a different skill.
Speaker 2: Did you also notice in most of the dances, which of course we do not see when we're on the stage, there are many a time, especially with the women, where the women professional dancers, where they are speaking to the dancers as the.
Speaker 3: Dance is going on.
Speaker 2: Like at one point for the Corey Felman dance, she says to him before he does his own thing, and I rewound it and rewound it and kept reading her lips. I'm pretty sure she says, do it. They love you, and so she's like pumping him up before. So I think the women are really trying to like, yeah, smile. You saw smile a lot because you're probably in your head trying to think of the dance steps.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so it's like smile.
Speaker 2: So the women, especially, we're really leading the man and with like okay, smart, you can do it. You're And it was amazing to watch that back. You could really see them talking to them while they're dancing.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Next up was Baron Davis and Britt Stewart. Barons. Yeah, he's a basketball player. Apparently. I really liked him his energy. They sang h are they They danced the too you Can't Touch This by mc ammer. So yeah, so this was the first like, ah, now I'm watching somebody who really, yeah, really is like stretching us. Yeah, exactly, you know, as much as as as Dylan Efron was sort of saying that he was uncomfortable, like you know, Baron was also dealing with an older body and like an injuries and everything between being an athlete, you know, and then being a dancer where it's like it's a whole different thing and you're using your body differently, And he was visibly uncomfortable, but he gave it as all. I thought it was fine and super entertaining.
Speaker 2: He was really there's a couple of times and he wasn't the only one where there you could really tell that somebody has no dance experience, probably does not how cannot move particularly gracefully.
Speaker 1: This would be me.
Speaker 2: And so it's one of those things where it's like you're essentially gonna move a little bit and hold.
Speaker 1: Your hands up and I'm going to dance around you exactly. And that's what Britt was like Daniella just killing it, yes, and fantastic, Hared He's kind of static while she's like spinning all around him and like kept giving him time to like do like little moves on his own. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know I would say no, no, no, yes, Yeah. It was just and again, you're right, this is where we're trying to balance the younger. You've got somebody like Jordan Childs who's also a an athlete like Baron Davis is, but somebody who's an athlete who is probably still in her twenties, who's been flipping all over the place as a gymnast, so it's like it's easier to cover maybe you don't have the dance aspect when you're doing splits in mid air and all this other stuff where he's probably like, I'm fifty something years old and my body's a little bit wrecked. So yeah, I'm going to do the running Man, which was kind of cool, And it's more that's more about the personality and the entertainment than anything else. Right now, we have to see if they progress actually as dancers.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm really hoping they do, because I did find it entertaining, it was fun.
Speaker 2: I did too, But he's also on my list of it's real possible that he's on the bubble to go. Yeah, And this is where we're going to see if it's about dancing or it's about a personality contest, because there's two or three. If it's just about dancing, where it's like, okay, they're clearly not dancers, you know.
Speaker 1: They both got fives from the judges, giving them a total score of ten, which seemed like a.
Speaker 3: Bit of a gift.
Speaker 2: Yes, and a bit of a gift since later people got a little bit lower that easily could have been lower, but I think his personality pushed it over the edge.
Speaker 1: Next up we had Alex Earl and Val Schmerkovski. Alex is an online influencer. Her effect has been dubbed the Alex Earl Effect, referring to her ability to make products go viral.
Speaker 2: She has an effect. She's big enough to have her own effect, I guess. So they danced to Britney Spears Circus. This was a This was the biggest set of the night.
Speaker 3: The big fire boobies behind you.
Speaker 1: You see the fire boobies circle, but they did. When you look at it straight on, it looked like two pairs of fire boobies. Really, I thought it was just one circle. What are you talking about? No, this was fire boobies.
Speaker 2: In the BacT, there's two things like spinning that looked like she started.
Speaker 1: On a little stand with a whip. It was. There was a lot going on, and frankly, I don't think they needed it. I think she I think she was a very good dancer. But going back to like what what what Elaine Hendrix brought to her performance, this was like the opposite of that. I felt like she was kind of stiff. Stiff. I agree, we're doing all the moves right, but you under dead inside. It was, yes, there's no soul like it was a little bit soulless, like it was technically very good, but there was kind of no soul behind it. And I feel like all the fireworks and fires and whips was all an attempt to kind of distract from that. So the judges gave them a seven and a six.
Speaker 3: Fire boobies do it every time, and.
Speaker 1: It's it's interesting because you know, I feel a little unfair because we're saying, you know, but by the criteria and of like was I was watching or going, well, yeah, you can dance, but I don't know if I want to keep watching you dance.
Speaker 3: Isn't that weird? It's not fully entertaining.
Speaker 2: And also I noticed this like fire Boobies is a perfect example, which I'm going to keep saying as often as I can.
Speaker 1: It's a perfect example of when we were watching.
Speaker 2: When I was watching it back on TV, I was watching all the stuff going on around her, all the fire in the flames and everything else, and then I was like, oh, that's right, concentrate on her dancing. It was secondary to everything else that was happening on stage.
Speaker 3: So I, yeah, it's there's a lot going on. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So you would you have kept the no?
Speaker 3: I would have They gave it one, gave us seven, and one gave us six.
Speaker 2: I would have probably done dual sixes or maybe even a five and a six. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think they're really reacting to the dancing more than the game. Yes, all right. Next up, we had Scott Hoyne and Riley Arnold. Uh. Scott is a Grammy and an Emmy Award winning musician from the group Pentatonics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this on our Christmas playlist.
Speaker 2: Their Little drummer Boy brings the house down, my friend, their real life pitch perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to check them out. They've they've sold over thirteen million albums, thirty.
Speaker 3: Two billion albums.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: They did the.
Speaker 1: Tango to Abercadabra by Lady Gaga. You could tell in his package, his pre dance package that he was uncomfortable and kind of an awkward dancer, and he said this thing about being more vulnerable than singing, which I found really interesting. I was like, do I feel that way, because singing is also very vulnerable.
Speaker 2: Right, but not when you're He's in a group with like six other people doing harmony, so it's like you're there with your friends. Like when I go on stage by myself, I'm terrified. When I'm there with you and Danielle, I'm totally completely relaxed.
Speaker 1: Yeah true. So yeah, So what'd you think of the dance?
Speaker 2: I thought he was clunky and a bit stiff, and she was over compensating a little.
Speaker 3: Dred percent. She was trying hard.
Speaker 2: And I think one of the things we also never talk about and should never in the history of this show, by the way, we're halfway through our first episode, that the professional dancers have to be pretty, you know, pretty nervous as well. So I felt for the first time that the professional dancer was a little bit nervous and that, like you said, pushing it a little bit, and it was not my favorite dance of the night.
Speaker 1: What a hard job to be these dancers. I couldn't imagine. I mean, you no idea what you're dealing with, what you're going to get, and you have to work with what you've got, right, Yeah, So when you when when you know, Baron shows up and he's wanting to do something like hip hop related, but you're trying to do you know, like that's a challenge.
Speaker 3: Or I'm so sure Sue and I were talking about this.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that when they find out who their celebrity is, there's a bunch of them that are like, oh, I'm not going to win this year, Like there's.
Speaker 1: No because I think winning is a big deal for the dancers.
Speaker 2: So it's I think there's times where they get paired with somebody where they're like, Okay, well it'll be fun, they'll be nice, but there's no way.
Speaker 1: We're going to win anything this year. So, yeah, the judges gave them five and five.
Speaker 3: I thought it was fair.
Speaker 2: It could have gone a little lower, agreed, lower it agreed, but I thought it was fair, but lower.
Speaker 1: Next up, the one and only one. Let's gip this, Daniel, we should just skip this one. Let's just skip this one. Daniel Fisher and Pasha Pashkov. If you don't know who Danielle is, look her up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought these guys killed it. Yes, we're obviously biased, but for all the reasons we've already sort of talked about. It was stripped down, it was focused, it was delightful. I in the room, I liked it a lot. Seeing it back, I liked it even more. One hundred percent agree they had Uh so they did the tango too Stronger by Kelly Clarkson. They had for the first time I felt, and maybe like the truly the most of anybody, a real connection as dancers.
Speaker 2: It was well, did you also notice it started with the most Danielle thing you'll ever see in your life?
Speaker 1: What? Well?
Speaker 2: It started and the lights come up and she fixes his suit. Really, Yeah, it's the first thing she did was pat his shoulders down and fix his suit like the mom. And Danielle is always there tak care of her partner. And that's so the first thing. I was like, that's the most Danielle thing in the world.
Speaker 1: They felt so alive, they felt like they were having fun. Ye, it was like sexy and like it was still technically good, but it felt human. It felt like they were owning it like only these two people could. And that to me is like the greatest that's it.
Speaker 2: And they were just dancing. There's no fire, there's no thing. When she's grabbing the back of his head and looking him in the eye. You believed that almost more than you did anybody else who was dancing tonight, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: So the judges gave them six and six gave her a note about her shoulders, which I didn't notice, but I guess is a common note, and I took a only note ya, do your shoulders things okay?
Speaker 2: And they even said they commented on how they're going to say that all season long.
Speaker 1: Shoulders shoulder, shoulders, shoulder, that's a thing. Yeah, I think I think Derek should have probably given them a seven. I'm not sure why.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you.
Speaker 1: I thought they were absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 2: But I also thought, you know a word I love George Bush word strategery, thinking of strategicy. They have a lot of places to go now with where they can. I'd also like to take a very brief pause here, because I'm going to be introducing a little segment here every week that I am calling.
Speaker 1: Will his history of dance? Oh please?
Speaker 2: Now, yes, because you know I don't dance myself. But the other thing you might not know is all I do is read and study it out dancing.
Speaker 1: Really, so all of this is off the top of my head.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know.
Speaker 2: So every week I'm going to be doing a very very small and brief history of the dance that Danielle is doing, unless she doubles up, and then we'll pick on something. If she does the tango again, we'll do something else. But we're going to get everybody the brief history of dance. So, just off the top of my head, I wanted you to know that tango originated in the late nineteenth century in the Rio de la Plata region of Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Speaker 1: You're not reading this. This is this is I just figured you'd want to know this.
Speaker 2: I'm not reading this, reading it as a fusion of musical and dance traditions from European immigrants and African rhythms. Initially, this is interesting the expression of immigrants and outcasts in the slums and bordellos. Tango gained popularity by the turn of the twentieth century, spreading to the middle class, into the upper class, and then eventually becoming a global phenomenon, notably in Paris. Today, encomasses various styles, with Argentine tango remaining a cherist cultural tradition alongside ballroom and North American variations.
Speaker 1: Do you regularly just throw the word bordellos into I do?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say brothels, that's but you know I I thought everybody would want to know that again, just t oh baby, top of the head. I thought everybody should know what was going on. We're gonna do that every week because I have it all in the dome.
Speaker 1: So I'll just let you know, okay. Next up, Jen Affleck and Jan Ravnik. Jen is the other secret Mormon wive wife. Why wife? Are they all married to the same person?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, that's not. They're not polygamous.
Speaker 2: There's just and I think there is something comical about the fact that there's multiple Mormon wives.
Speaker 1: They're dancing, all right. They danced the salsa to Nueva Yold by Bad Bunny. I thought this was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I did too. I did too.
Speaker 2: I thought they were actually dancing this alsa. Yes, it wasn't a bunch of fluff.
Speaker 1: It was dancing this. In the pre show bagage, they announced that she had just had a baby eight weeks ago. Yeah, what isn't that crazy? Like we thought Danielle was taking on a lot doing this, Like seriously, She's has three kids, all under three, and she took this on. I thought she was incredible, amazing, not even just even if I hadn't known that, but knowing that it makes it even more incredible. Yeah, I could tell that it was a bigger production. Again, she was being tossed around a lot. Yes, but that kind of makes sense. She had a baby eight weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Ye. So.
Speaker 1: But the judges actually commented on the lifts, the amount of lifts, slowing down the flow, which I did feel.
Speaker 3: I got that as well.
Speaker 2: But I also thought there was something interesting about seeing what I imagine and again I could be wrong. A traditional salsa. The music there, the costumes, the pageantry. It seemed like this is what traditional salsa is. And again I could be wrong, but that's what I It seemed like to me, right, and it was as hugely entertaining.
Speaker 1: Well, the judges gave it six and six, so that's fair.
Speaker 3: I think that was fair.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm wondering if it was a little high. Really, yeah, because if we're going with the first week, you know, challenge your self mentality. I think I think one of them could have probably given them a five. Interesting cut them on their toes, fair enough, all right? Next up Corey Feldman and Jenna Johnson. Cory. You know, I've actually never met Corey, we haven't. Is an interesting dude. Yeah, yeah, So he was a child star in the eighties from stand By Me, the Goonies, Lost Boys, Tene mun Ninja, Turtles in the nineties and he's been a musician, uh lately and is has this dance history, but it's all very Michael Jackson, straight up like Michael. So they danced the tango too. It's still rock and roll to me. Yeah, this, you know, this was one of those examples of somebody bringing a lot of personality, bringing a certain skill set, but is it the tango.
Speaker 2: Also, I was not a huge fan you're talking about personality. Wasn't a huge fan of some of his facial expressions. I thought it was a little much at times. Okay, I thought it was a little bit much. And yes, he's he talked about how he has scoliosis, so you know, I'm sure he can't there. Mobility is probably an issue with some of it, especially since every single dance ends with the woman bent over and the guy holding her for some reason, every single dance the whole night. But yeah, this was one of those kind of stiff, a little cringey ones for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the judges gave it a four and five. This was the first four of the night.
Speaker 3: I thought that was fair.
Speaker 1: You see. I didn't at the time when we were alive, because I was like, come on, the guy is doing everything he can. But when I watched it back, I was like, yeah, it's not. It's I want to see you actually pull off the dance moves, I agree, not just do your little Michael Jackson's stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, so yeah, and she was talking to him the whole time. Yeah, she's talking to him the whole time. Yep.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Then we had Lauren Hereggie and Brandon Armstrong. Lauren is a singer known for the girl group Fifth Harmony. This was incredible. I thought this was probably the best dance of the night. She's up there.
Speaker 3: It's not my favorite one, but she's certainly up there.
Speaker 1: As I mean, well, you're in the back for Irwin, aren't you.
Speaker 3: I could not how do you?
Speaker 1: How can you not be? I mean the guy brought the hose down at the end. It was so good.
Speaker 3: But there's a problem with that, which we'll get to. But yes, no, she was. She was great, uh all of it.
Speaker 2: I mean it was super entertaining and yeah she was personable and the yeah, great, great, totally great.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: The judges gave uh seven and six and it could have been double seven's. I think it could have been double sevens agreed, I agreed, yep, this could have been higher. Agreed, one hundred percent. All right. Next up we had Andy Richter and Emma Slater. So this was another example of a non dancing man well known for comedy coming out and uh doing his best. I felt the age, which is a bummer he said he was worried about his legs holding up, and you could feel that tension to tell it, you could tell, and you know, he was so entertaining to watch. His faces were great. He had a you know, this sort of fun mugging quality, maybe we'll call it, but it totally worked for me. But I wanted to see him pushing his body a little bit farther, which I don't know if he can.
Speaker 3: He also lost it in the interview.
Speaker 2: Because they asked him why are you here, and the first thing he answered was a paycheck? And when you say that, even as a joke, you're going to turn off some people, right, So I feel like he kind of might have lost it in the well, he's on the bubble.
Speaker 1: To me, he's a comedian, right, so he's used to a sort of level of irony that probably doesn't feel appropriate to this show. This show feels very earnest. You know, this show is very much like beautiful people are doing beautiful things, and like it takes seriously Yeah, and I think if you try and like do that in any sort of ironic or mocking or you know, self even somewhat self deprecating way, I don't know if it works. No, I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Self deprecating is fine, but this is they want you to stand up there and say, I'm so happy to be here.
Speaker 3: I was, you know, this has been a struggle for me. That's what they're looking for.
Speaker 2: They're looking for that open, honest and so even kind of making light of like, well, I'm here for the paycheck, we thought.
Speaker 3: I think it's funny.
Speaker 2: We know where he's coming from because we live in kind of a world of comedy.
Speaker 1: But for the voters, I'm not sure that was the way to go.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: They ended up with a score of nine. Next up was Laria Baldwin and Gleb Suchenko. So, Alaria Baldwin is Alec Baldwin's wife, and she's a yoga instructor, podcaster, an author. They have seven kids. Seven kids? How many children people have? Yep?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: And apparently was a dancer and had an injury and had to take take a long time off that came back with the Chacha chaw Let's get loud by j Lo And this was just wonderful. She was incredible And this is like clearly like the beginning of a return for her to something that she's really good.
Speaker 3: At Yeah, I think so too.
Speaker 2: I think there's between her and Elaine. I think the two of them are probably going to go very far. And you can tell these are people with dance experience.
Speaker 1: I mean you can you know.
Speaker 2: It's the whole show is about race racing cars, and two of them used to race cars.
Speaker 1: You're going to be able to tell.
Speaker 2: So it's you know, they used to dance, and you can tell that they used to dance, and it was great.
Speaker 1: Can she win them back? If she's good enough and humble enough, can she? Her story is pretty great. You know that she's rediscovering her dance self is pretty That is a good story.
Speaker 2: It is, I would argue it's a good story if you don't know the backstory. And since I didn't really know the full backstory until my wife let me in on it, then it's kind of like, oh, so, yeah, I don't Again, Jensen's right, it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 2: If it's a popularity contest, you got to see what's going to happen, right right, So, but yes, the dance was wonderful and I thought they deserved the scores they got.
Speaker 1: Frankly, ut final Dance of the Night, Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson. Yeah. So Robert Irwin is the son of Steve Irwin and he's a global advocate for life and conservation. Sister one d one season twenty one. I can't believe how many repeat people in groups, Like everybody, everybody feels like they already have some relationship to the show, which I guess makes sense. They did the jive, which I don't even didn't even know was a type.
Speaker 3: I didn't either.
Speaker 1: I didn't to want to be wild by Steppenwolf, and Yeah, this just blew the house down. It was amazing, And watching it back, he was really good. He was great. He felt like he was her equal, Yeah, which I won't I don't think I can say about any of the other men.
Speaker 2: No, he also felt like he was so excited to be there, that he's wanted to do this for years and he just couldn't wait to get out there.
Speaker 1: He's also, what nineteen something like that, twenty one. He's so young, and you feel like, oh, there's a part of dancing that's just a young man's.
Speaker 3: Game, and directors just jumping off a car.
Speaker 1: No, your body has to be going for it, and he has not only the physical capability but also that energy. Yeah, he can hurl it body around, you know, safely.
Speaker 2: So he's also did this last I mean he had to sit there all night and watch everybody else go and the nerves could have gotten to you, and he just everybody jumped to their feet when we were Where's he got to go from?
Speaker 3: That's the question.
Speaker 2: If you start out of this one goes to eleven, Well that's great, where do you.
Speaker 1: Go from there to eleven?
Speaker 3: But this goes to eleven? But yeah, it's this.
Speaker 2: He was amazing and incredible, and it seemed like this should have been a fourth or fifth week performance.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's all part of an actual strategy where you blow it out and then you can sort of take it easy for a little while.
Speaker 3: Man, just show a dance or something next time.
Speaker 1: I mean, watching it back like, his rhythm is perfect, his physicality is really spot on, and like I said, he kept up with her to where I felt like I was watching two pros agree in the opening dance number. You have all the people that I was like, oh, he fits in with this crew. So in the night, in my opinion, he won the night. For all the reasons, pageantry or not, he won the night. It was just it was really entertaining to watch.
Speaker 2: And somebody who has no dance background, knows nothing of dance, doesn't like dance, whatever you want to say, would watch that and be like.
Speaker 1: All right, that was entertaining.
Speaker 4: I will say, my wife is on the show he had.
Speaker 1: He's number one.
Speaker 4: I don't have any any doubts about that. I just wonder the position he's put himself in.
Speaker 1: That's exactly interesting because we want to see him grow. That's what I mean. Everybody else has room to grow, and part of the journey is going to be watching them tell that story through the dance.
Speaker 4: I mean, you, guys, can you not imagine? I can. I can give you an exact wording. A judge might say, you know, I'm not sure you've captured what you had that first week. Yes, the exact sentence.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: But the thing is, if he does grow every week and that's where he started, no.
Speaker 1: One's going to catch you.
Speaker 3: Well, then he's Ben Vereen at the end exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So Ben Karen, oh my god, come on, Gregory, heines Ben Gregory Hines Verst of that name, Rishtikov No dance.
Speaker 4: Have you heard of dance.
Speaker 2: Dance ESK Dance's man, Yeah, no, that was It was a way to break. It was a great way to end the show. I just wonder if he just started too heavy out of the game.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's talk about who we expect to get kicked off and our top five.
Speaker 2: I think on the bubble, you're gonna have Feldman. It's going to be Corey Feldman's going to be on the bubble. I think you're going to have Andy Richter is going to be on the bubble. And hot take. I was talking about this with Sue last night after watching it again. Hot take, I think Jordan Chiles might be on the bubble. Those those are my three possible on the bubble. I think because of his personality, Baron Davis is going to get through. I think, really, I don't think so. I think people I think his personality is going to be enough to get him through.
Speaker 3: That's my guess.
Speaker 1: I feel like just picking you can't touch this also aged him up a little bit.
Speaker 2: But that I think you want to play into the fact that let people know, man, let's give him another time he's older.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if.
Speaker 1: You're a deeper cut, do you know what I mean, like to do like the big mainstream hit from when you were a teenager or whenever it was cool to dance to this song ages you up and maybe it felt like you know.
Speaker 2: So then he's he's so who's going home? Those are my three on the bubble. Who do you think is going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I agree with you. I think Corey Feldman is going to stick around for another week.
Speaker 2: So so you think it's going to be Baron Davis and Andy Richter that are going to go Yeah, very very I think the women clearly did better than the men. I think even the quote unquote older women had dance experience, and you could tell they had dance experience, where the older men Andy richteror Baron Davis clearly did not.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to see some real shine from Dylan Efron as the show goes on, because I think so too. I think he's gonna now he got it out of a system, and I think he's going to be like, oh I can do this, I'm going to figure this out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think Lauren. I think Lauren has a lot of potential.
Speaker 2: I think both the Mormon wives have a lot of potentially very good I think Danielle.
Speaker 1: Has positioned herself perfectly perfect. That she displayed an ability to do the actual dance what it's supposed to do, and have personality and really draw you in to the dance itself. So she's I think she's a great position. I think she's a.
Speaker 2: Soft four strong five position right now, and I think that's kind of exactly where you want to be after the first week.
Speaker 4: Gives you to grow a fair number. That's a fair number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's.
Speaker 4: Between soft three, probable four, you know, very low.
Speaker 3: Five yeah, high five Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, she's and that's again room to grow. So amazing, Uh she did. We couldn't have been prouder of her. It was because this it be really easy for us to sit here and do the show and be like, Danielle wasn't great, but she was.
Speaker 1: We don't have to lie.
Speaker 2: It's awesome because she killed it and she had such a strong connection with her partner. It showed she trusts. They trust each other, you can tell. And it was just it seemed like this was their fourth or fifth dance, not their first one.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: There is one more thing that I'd like to do rider before we end here, and it's another little segment I'm going to be doing every week called the Strong Incentive. And now what we're going to do is we're going to start low and then we're going to keep adding every week, and the point of this is to see what it would take to get you right or strong to be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I don't think there's a price.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to find out.
Speaker 2: We're going to start this week with just a price, but then every week we're going to add on to that price, not just with money, but with other strong incentives to see if what it would take to get you on Dancing with the Stars. So we're going to start just very easily. Someone knocks on your door, they put down a briefcase. It's got five hundred thousand dollars in cash. Would you go on Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, Well we will see you again next week and add to.
Speaker 1: The Yeah, that's just no, it's not because it's not money. It's it's like it would just be so painful.
Speaker 2: I mean, god, Well, we'll see it's gonna take and I take it to the next.
Speaker 1: Level of like will you're being selfish because that money could go to whatever you want, like charity if you want. Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: That's week one. It's gonna get harder. I can tell you I wouldn't go on the show for one reason because there is not a dancer in the world that could teach me how to dance.
Speaker 1: And that's the honest truth.
Speaker 2: But the strong incentive we are starting at five hundred kN cash and that is a hard no from Rider or Strong.
Speaker 1: Let's keep this up people, all right, that's it for this first episode of Podmeates Tworld. Join us next week as we continue watching season thirty four of Dancing with the Stars, a journey that's teaching us way more about sequence and sambas than we ever expected. But in the end, mostly it's reminding us what we already knew back in Phoenie's class. Daniel Fishle is the star of the show. Pod Meats World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Daniel Fischl, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, and Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of Production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Subasch, producer, Mattie Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats Worldshow at gmail dot com