Speaker 1: What's up is flaj a ka big fold. Make sure y'all check me out on the Bootleg Cab podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo, Bootleg Cab Podcast Special guests in here. Flow J is here welcome.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Flag not flow okay, fer let's redo it, fla Ja. I feel like it should be flow J because you're rapping everybody saying that faj okay, let's redo it. Cat your name up the first time. I usually like bootlet cam podcasts. I just fucked her name up. But this is the second take. Fla J is here, welcome, thank you. What's going on?
Speaker 3: Nothing much, man, nothing much?
Speaker 2: You have your Team USA shirt?
Speaker 3: Yep? Ye go get that gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shout out to them. They smoked Japan today? Yo? How crazy was it? I felt? I felt like it was kind of crazy. The Angel and Kaitlin Clark didn't make the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's like it's like a it's like a whole process.
Speaker 2: I feel like to we forget their rookies and like not there's not many like NBA rookies that make the yea you know what I mean, make the USA team.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I think like for them, like I mean, I feel like both of them could play on that team right now for sure?
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 2: I mean watching like I mean that the w NBA All Starts beat Team USA.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was crazy. Yeah, I was right, of course, it was going nuts.
Speaker 2: What was it like for you, like just because obviously like you were a part of like kind of what I would say, like the pivotal moment of what is kind of captivated the world and having eyes on female basketball again. Yeah, well I guess for the first time really in this way, right, Yeah, So what was it like for you to kind of just like see your girl Angel out there going crazy? I think she said that I think she's the only rookie to ever get a double double in the in the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I don't know, but yeah, that that was crazy. I was right there like this is what you do though, like.
Speaker 2: And that shit felt like I got a club out in a z and like that ship felt like right, I'll start weekend.
Speaker 1: Though, you got a club in Arizona. But I love Arizona, everybody. I love Arizona. If it wasn't two hundred.
Speaker 2: Degrees, like it's two hundred degrees though, that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's the only problem. But Arizona's a vibe. I was just telling my friend that, like, I could have moved there if it wasn't two hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were there in July, which is a problem. So when you walked outside, you were.
Speaker 3: Like blow drying. What's to blow drying?
Speaker 2: Definitely feels that. Yeah, but if you could deal with that, you could you could live anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah. People be complaining about Florida being human, and I'm like, I lived in Tampa for two years. I'm like, this is nothing I lived in. Like hell yeah, you know what I'm saying is definitely that. And I saw you perform too, right, you performed during.
Speaker 3: I performed a couple of times.
Speaker 1: I performed at the Boardroom party. I perform for Candice Parker and at the Fincy party.
Speaker 3: So I was making my rounds.
Speaker 2: Out there Boardroom. That's KD right, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: His new k It's a dope company too. I've been to the office in New York. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Does Katie give you any like a because he's a real hip hop head. Yeah, Like he's like a super tapped in dude. Does he did he give you any like love on the bars?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah on Instagram a couple of times when I dropped. Katie always been supporting though, but he definitely let me on his platform a lot.
Speaker 3: They really be promoting my music.
Speaker 1: I actually got to meet his mom at w NBA Austin the Real MVP, the real MVP.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was on real MVP, Yeah for real, I was. I was like shell shock, So it was it was dope to see her. But now Katie always show love. Most of a lot of NBA player has been showing love to my.
Speaker 2: Music for Yeah, for sure, I've been seeing it. Walk me through what it's like obviously kind of being like the focal point of the sports world when you guys had that crazy run and ended up, you know, winning the women's championship while also being like a bubbling hip hop artist.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was dope. It was.
Speaker 1: It was dope to be at like the pinnacle of basketball, like really at the top, and then even in music still having like being like up and coming artists, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Because you're like in school at that time, You're still going to class and stuff, and then like when are you recording at that like you got practice? Like are you recording in your dorm room.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I literally bought a set up.
Speaker 2: And I was you recording yourself?
Speaker 3: Ye, I was recording myself in my career.
Speaker 1: They showed me how to set it up, showed me how to do the little engineer stuff, and I was sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, were you able to take it? I forget because that was two years ago? Was the n il full of fact?
Speaker 3: I got my first n Io do when I came out of high school.
Speaker 2: So you were getting a bag?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: From since since my high school year. I got my shoe deal in high school. So before I came to college.
Speaker 2: What shoe deal did you like? Oh? You had a Puma? You and DeAndre Ayden shout out the d A DA's got Pumas. Who else is on Puma? Mellow yb In Corda Corday, Nipsy, Rest in Peace, Brianna Stewart, that's a Brianna Stewart. Yeah, so you're fresh out of high school, you get a shoe deal? What's your what's like?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: That's got to be kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: I didn't think it was real because I'm going to a Nike school and they give me all this money to wear Puma's you know what I'm saying, Just.
Speaker 2: Do they trip on you if you don't wear Nike at the school? The school trip because the jersey has the Nikes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like in the game. That's why I was like, I feel like that's going that's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Rude that get changed, like kids, because a lot of kids go to Nike schools, but they got other kinds of shoe deals, you know what I'm saying. But you know, the Nikes contracted with l s U, so you got to wear it on the court.
Speaker 2: But because I think, like NBA post games, you can't have like Prime on the table. It has to be it has to be.
Speaker 3: It has to be the partners or the NBA. That's how it is.
Speaker 2: That is like eventually the schools are probably be like no, no, no, no, no no, you gotta deal with Nike. We gotta deal with Jordan's.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I hope it changed, Like because I'm real lawyer or whoever. My partner is like, I got it.
Speaker 1: You know, we gotta wear Nike. I don't like, wear no bigger than Nike on my forehead like Pool was back. Yeah, most definitely, Yeah.
Speaker 2: For sure for you like was it because you know, it's so funny because this last when this last season ended of women's sports or women's basketball, I was like, you would think with the way that the w NBA grossly underpays their players, that it would be more financially beneficial for players of like Kaitlyn Clark or Angels stature for yourself to stay in as long as possible because the NIL deals, in theory, should be more lucrative than what a w NBA contract would be. Is that wrong or right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: But it's not like the deals stop, right, It's like.
Speaker 2: So if you leave college, the deals might just get bigger. Yeah, now you can go by katelinclark sneaker.
Speaker 1: Literally you ain't subject to just can't wear this on the court. So really, that's the thing I think people forget about is that like these deals and these relationships that you build these companies just like because it's not a nil deal no more, it's still endorsement deal. Now it was just not nil, it's just endorsement. So that's why it's important to bill relationships with the people. You you know what I'm saying, building in college because it transcends and it even get bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you win the national championship, you get a ring. Yeah, where is your ring?
Speaker 3: Mine is in my mom's house.
Speaker 2: She did she wear it?
Speaker 3: No, she don't wear it. She's just like her little trophy case that you just.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just feel like that would be something like if I was I would just pop that thing out once a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I do.
Speaker 1: When I had it at school in my dorm, I used to just I got like this whole set up.
Speaker 3: But I don't even have it no more because I don't want to see it.
Speaker 2: Are you still in school?
Speaker 3: I want to win another one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, so you're still so damn so you're full full fledged artists doing songs a little Wayne and Alie Chappa and everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in college, No, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm going to college. Literally, what is your gp A right now? I don't even know.
Speaker 3: Everybody keep asking me that.
Speaker 2: I mean it's summertime technically, right, so, like you're about to go back to school soon.
Speaker 3: Fat.
Speaker 1: I'm really trying to be at I'm trying to get like Stroughent Athlete of the Month a couple of times this year. Really lock in on that. But yeah, like I'll be doing a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: How hard is it to juggle, like juggle the school, the music.
Speaker 3: It's hard. It's hard. I ain't gonna lie, and it's to be the communication for me.
Speaker 1: My academic advice is mad at me right now because I don't be you know, talking to every day. But it's just be hard because it's just so much going on. I'd be like, as long as I'm getting the work done, Like.
Speaker 2: Like, what's your hardest class? Like last year, what was your hardest class? Like the class that just was just a thorn in your side?
Speaker 3: Accounting was hard? Accounting you know I take I'm in business or accounting.
Speaker 2: Accounting sounds terrible.
Speaker 3: Accounting it is hard.
Speaker 2: Well, you're going to just pay someone to do that for you when you get out of school.
Speaker 3: No, because I want to. I want to. Well yeah, but like I want to know what's going on.
Speaker 2: No, you'll know what's going on. It's good because you're able to kind of you know, yeah, have an accountant.
Speaker 1: Facts, Yeah for sure, But I want to know what's going on. Like that's only the reason why I take my business courses. Like you know what I'm saying, Because I want to.
Speaker 3: I want to own businesses.
Speaker 1: I want to own, you know, properties and things like that. So I think it's just like learning that and knowing what's going on. It's cool too because you can hire people, but I want to know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: Have you been able to kind of like dive into the business side of like learning a little bit more about the music industry because it's definitely a very predatory like shaky, Yeah, you don't know you can get taken advantage of quick. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been learning a lot about it, just even the.
Speaker 1: Business behind working with producers, publishing. It's a whole another side that people don't understand. And it's good for me because I got a distribution deal, so like I own all of my stuff, so like when I'm doing deals with these people, I'm able to incorporate.
Speaker 2: My muses Equte Rock Nation, Okay Nation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Like so it's like I've been learning a lot about it since I was sixteen. The way my deal set up is just you know, I basically run my label.
Speaker 3: My label is distributed with.
Speaker 2: Eq that's fire. How does little way a little way into a big sports head? So I'm sure, I mean, look, yeah, that's a crazy future to get crazy legendary while in college.
Speaker 1: On my first EP like yeah, so, I mean it happened how I was supposed to happen. And I was always trying to get people to take me serious because I felt like because I did basketball people did.
Speaker 2: It's hard for sure. I feel like if once you become known for something first, yeah, no matter what happens after that, like it's hard to break out of the shadow of what they know you for.
Speaker 1: Right, But people knew me for music first because I was on The Rap Game, which the pre I was on America's Got Talent, Got the Golden Buzzer, and so for all right, now I'm.
Speaker 2: Like you you was like famous like the bat like you win the national championship and probably the most like televised like crazy ever, like not even just women's like that. Like I can't think of a national championship game that I've like paid more attention to or care more about it than that, Yeah, because the rivalry it was just so it was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was like it was like at the same time, like people was like I already had like motion going into college, like just being like all Americas Got Talent on the Rap Game, and stuff like that for music, So people was knowing me.
Speaker 3: But when the basketball hit, people didn't.
Speaker 1: Like put two and two together, Like I didn't really thought I was two differ people like I was like just the same girl, and I'm like, yes, I'm the same person.
Speaker 3: But it was just so Yeah, I think it's just crazy, like how I be doing both? People were like, wow, that's insane.
Speaker 2: Not for sure, it's definitely interesting. What was Were you in the studio with any of it? Because you got two Air, you got Chop on there, you got Wayne. Were you able to get in the studio with any of them? No?
Speaker 1: I only got in again me and me and two Were We made that song in the studio, but he did his verse with me in the studio and Choppo I sent it off to him and Wayne I sent it to him. Yeah, it took it took some time to get Dwayne verse back. Chop was in his back pretty fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it would take some time to get a Wayne versus back. Did you have to tap him a couple of times?
Speaker 3: I tapped him one time.
Speaker 2: I don't forget about me, bro.
Speaker 3: No I had I ain't want to text something like that.
Speaker 1: I just went on Sway and I did this freestyle to six foot seven foot yeah, and I posted.
Speaker 3: That and went viral and he saw it. He saw it, Yeah, he saw it. Then he hit me up and I was like, Oh, the playwork perfectly.
Speaker 2: What was it like when you got the Like when you first heard the vocals?
Speaker 1: I was going crazy, bro, I was yelling, running, screaming up around the house.
Speaker 3: I was like ma, like like ma. The vocals came in and I didn't listen to it that much because I was like, I don't want to. I don't want to ruin it, like because you know, like after I got the verse, I'm like, okay, now it's the business part, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're independent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm independent.
Speaker 1: Like I ain't knew how much support we was gonna get or if the label was gonna do all of it.
Speaker 3: So it was crazy.
Speaker 1: So I didn't like to get too happy about it because I know how this music stuff go. But once everything got clear, that's what I was like, Wow, like this is real.
Speaker 3: I ain't I ain't think it was real too.
Speaker 1: Was shooting the video, you know what I'm saying, Because once you shoot the video, that's like, you know, people do it.
Speaker 3: Ultimate.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it was crazy to say. Has there been like a big homie that you that's like embraced you in the music game, giving you advice that you can kind of like.
Speaker 3: I gotta say, y Cloff shot out.
Speaker 1: White cloff Man, he's been like the person that I could call like, hey, I need some advice, like what should I do in this pendicular?
Speaker 2: Also one of the best live performers ever, ever ever.
Speaker 1: He gave me, you know, his blessing, you know, with the Ready or Not record that I did, did the freestyle that went crazy too, and when it performed that again on America's Got Tellent, it was crazy. And so he just always been there for me anything I haven't needed. And my uncle Bootsy for sure, like Boosy has.
Speaker 3: Been there for me my whole life.
Speaker 2: Shot too, your little uncle. No, he's just he's all of our uncle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everybody that's that's like un for real.
Speaker 2: That's shout out. Yeah. Just don't ever go to a Boozy party.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I don't go to those pool parties.
Speaker 2: One of those fools. They'll be like, yo, it's a problem. Yeah. Shots to Boosy though, Yeah, him and his uh, he's somehow become like his blad interviews are like legendary. They're like the CNN of like rap Glad just once a month brings Boozy in and they just go over everything, all the happening. And then I don't say he's the only person that you can't cancel.
Speaker 1: Boozy boy gave me canceled, even though he'd be wild sometimes.
Speaker 2: What has been advice he's given you.
Speaker 1: Man Boots Bootsy, Like I just used to stay with him and just watch how he move, Like that's like the best advice that I could get from him.
Speaker 3: Like he a real person that takes care of everybody.
Speaker 2: No, you see it, like he's building everybody everyone like exactly like.
Speaker 1: And so like him even trying to help me, Like you know how many people knew my dad and like after he died, they ain't extended hand or nothing. Boosie was always there, like you need anything, like I got you. He called Jermaine dupri and was like, my niece need to get on that show on the Rap Game, right, make it happen, like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, so he really been like one of my latle guardian.
Speaker 2: Angels out here in the rap game.
Speaker 3: I was on The Rap Game when I was twelve.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: It was a long time ago, but that was one of the biggest.
Speaker 2: Shows ever came back then, like Lotto was on for yep.
Speaker 3: I think Ji to Prince New York.
Speaker 2: What's the girl who's with Ethhica from New York starts with the s I usually know everybody my tripping was she not on The Rap Game? She was on one of them? Yeah, I forget it. Oh no, it's not her, but yeah, but nah, I know a lot it was and she was long on there as a kid, right, yeah, she was like sixteen. So what's the difference between like your experience, like going on the show like that and then going on the show like America's Got Talent, which is.
Speaker 3: It's totally different.
Speaker 1: It's only different because of the demographic, right, you know, mostly black people Watchual rep Game. Like, you know what I'm saying. It's a big, culturally influenced show. You know what I'm saying, just being what it was, But America's Got Talent. I knew that I wanted to be the type of rapper that was diverse, and I wanted everybody to be able to listen to my music. And you know, I knew how to I knew how to make that transcend. Like you know what I'm saying, a lot of people can't only perform in the club and can't go perform at like a festa arena.
Speaker 3: So so I always wanted to be that type of artist.
Speaker 1: And you know, doing that on America's Got Talent at that early age a kind of just set me.
Speaker 3: Up for the success.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, America's Got Talent. Who were the judges because they've had so many different cast judges.
Speaker 1: My judges was a Simon Kyle, Heidi uh.
Speaker 3: Howie and the spice girl mel.
Speaker 2: And that's like the show where if you go they're looking at you as like an act. Yeah, like you have to translate. Their thing is like could you be a Vegas actor? Could you like tours? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So yeah. And then you know.
Speaker 2: There's been like puppeteers and all kind of crazy people.
Speaker 1: That's why I wasn't too mad when I lost anyway, Bro, Like I knew that I ain't want to come on this show and be like, no, gimmick, Like you know what I'm saying, Like rappers come over there and no. I was like, Bro, I'm about to bring the streets so got talent. I'm aout to bring a rap to America's got talent. And that was so different because everybody who came forward was all gimmicky and stuff like that. But I really came on there with a real story. That's how I got the golden buzzer.
Speaker 2: Have you been able to link up with lotto and share being rapping children's stories with each other? Nah Na shouts a lot of her new album I got to hear the other night is fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she got it. She got a dope pin. She wanted a female rappers like really rap?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it like interesting for you? Because I just saw someone tweet this recently. Somebody just tweeted this was another oh coiler. Ray said, all this female, all these female dishes all each other are usually written by grown ass men. But I'm saying for you like bringing like actually like being behind your lyrics because you know, listen, I don't care if someone writes I'm over that shit at this point, if the song's dope and you deliver it whatever, like you know what I mean. But for you, like having pride in your pan and stuff. Yeah, are you open or receptive to like help on songs or hooks or melodies.
Speaker 1: I'm open the hooks for show. Like, if somebody want to send me a hook, you can send them all day. Like I'm with that, like because I know that, uh, you know, it's areas and music where you could just you know, have people to help make your music better. I really like writing my verses, Like I don't really like help writing my verses because I just feel like I killed verses with hooks.
Speaker 3: I'm definitely open to even like song structure.
Speaker 2: Right, strong structure, maybe a.
Speaker 3: Bridge, yeah, maybe, Like I loved that because even if.
Speaker 2: Someone gives you like a dope melody, like if the moment you feel in the lyrics. Yeah, So I.
Speaker 1: Think it's just about being creative and who you create with, Like that's really the vibe. But anybody feel just sit there and write my whole verse and tell me to recite it.
Speaker 2: When you named your album, did you have any sort of, uh call back to R Kelly and jay Z? No, because this is I think there's the best of both worlds, right, nothing to do. You don't remember the R Kelly jay Z albums.
Speaker 3: No, I'm born in two thousand and three. Album came out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but there was two. There was the Best of Both Worlds one, which was jay Z and R Kelly, and then they did the Best of Both Worlds two, and then they did a tour together. But in the middle of the tour they beefed out and like I think something happened to R Kelly on stage or something. There's like a fight. So there's two full Like I'm not talking about like like imagine, like listen, obviously R Kelly is a horrible human being who deserves to be in prison for however long they keep him there. He should be under the prison, but he's R Kelly, like he's arguably one of the greatest, if not the greatest, are gonna be artists world time. So there's two full Like jay Z is the goat and R Kelly at a certain point in time is the goat in his world. They did two whole albums together. That's crazy world.
Speaker 1: I'm never I'm not old enough for a for like.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not even you're a junior in college. It's a it's okay, yeah, but yeah, there's there's just so you know, no, I.
Speaker 3: Don't even know.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking like I wanted to come up with something that was kind of like catchy, and I was like.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. The album is dope to the car. The artwork is fired. Whoever did that's fucking nailed it now.
Speaker 3: He killed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: He put what I had in my head right on the paper.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. Talk to me like, for you, once school starts back up, once basketball starts back up full time, are you going to have time to are you gonna take a little you got the project out, Yeah, you can breathe on the music a little for a while.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm definitely gonna breathe, but no, not super breathe.
Speaker 1: Like I'm trying to keep I'm trying to stay consistent because I think that it's it's a shocking that consistency.
Speaker 3: People like, how the heck is she doing It's like how she dropped for music? How is she doing that?
Speaker 1: And that's the reason I've been working so hard this summer so that I could just drop without having to work.
Speaker 2: Well, and then you got this stuff, take some of that that brand, and you know, get an assistant. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literally, I did just put out were about to do interviews on the systems now because it's a lot going on, But I'm definitely gonna stay consistent, like I'm about to drop the Deluxe for best of both worlds?
Speaker 2: And how many how many songs?
Speaker 3: Four more songs?
Speaker 2: Any any other features or just.
Speaker 1: You If I get the big future feature that I want to get in times, gonna go in there.
Speaker 2: But just having for fruity and fruiting and Freudian slip when you said future instead of future.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no no, no no no no.
Speaker 2: I get the future, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But if I get the big feature that I won't, then it's gonna go in there. But if I don't, it ain't no pressure.
Speaker 2: Random question. As someone who's in college actively, I'm not sure I could have went to school in twenty twenty four without using Chat GPT to do all of my homework. Do people in I'm not saying you do, yeah, but do people in college use chat GPT for homework?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 3: I'm not finna snitch on my game. What are you talking about? I got a whole lot of college students that love me. I don't know, I mean personally, I don't use it.
Speaker 2: I use that ship for everything, like if I use it too, for.
Speaker 1: Like I'd be like, I'd be like a chat like how do you how do I like you make a test list for my way?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or I'll be like, yo, I need an agreement for this, this, this, this, and I'd be like, why do you need a lawyer?
Speaker 3: For real? Like it's crazy, like it's really crazy. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They might be out there using it, but I don't. I don't because if you could.
Speaker 1: Get caught like that they got like AI Checkers, Like every time it's a loophole, it's something to stop that loophole, like they got AI Checkers.
Speaker 3: So you might as well just write your own paper.
Speaker 2: Game, Yang, What is your is your major business?
Speaker 3: That's business? My miner is entrepreneurship.
Speaker 2: That's sick, all right. So you got to walk me through. How serious was the rivalry level with the Caitlin Clark Yourself an Angel? It was almost like it felt it felt like it was like some wrestling shit, and then it felt like that again, and then to watch them playing together on Team WNBA and Caitlyn addition, the Angel reads this shit was so fire.
Speaker 1: I think it's more so the fans that be coming up with stories and making stuff up in their head because they really think we all hate each other, and it's not the case, Like that's far from it. Like I'm a fan of both, like Angel and Caitlin, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like everybody think it was such a big rivalry when it wasn't. It was really the media that was making it like what it was. It wasn't it was.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the case with just like everything else, media just sets it on fire and just walks off and.
Speaker 1: Then the fans go, oh, and like you know what I'm saying, you got they tried to make it a white black thing, which was lame, Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I feel like that is the main thing.
Speaker 1: That's the only thing you can do to make it like not the fire. So I felt like that's lame already, like you know what I'm saying. So, but it was never like that. It was it was it was the media.
Speaker 2: It's just like yo, it's just everyone.
Speaker 3: It's just who Like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and both of them are breaking records.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It is kind of like I swear, like I give it up because all them young ladies who are n the w n B A. The game has changed and the money is finally feels like it's coming in right.
Speaker 1: No, I mean yeah, the money game changed, but the game game ain't never really changed.
Speaker 2: I mean just like the game of like overall, like yo, like shit has switched up now. Like now there's like a you know, a shout to Asia and shout to Caitlin having Nike deals like that.
Speaker 3: Shit's crazy, like spotlight on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's like good basketball.
Speaker 1: I mean been like that. That's what I'm telling y'all. Like folks think like this, Oh they just started playing good nah.
Speaker 2: You know what it needed. Though. It was like when I was growing up, it was like Lisa Leslie Shell Swoops, uh, Rebecca Lobo, yeah, you know all them, like like the first I watched the WA when it first came out, you know, but it was just there was like a I don't know if it's just there, Like y'all, what y'all did in college is making this ship hot because everybody was watching the draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that shit's crazy. Yeah, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: I said that too though, But it's a new time and it's it's like the moment now for the w NBA.
Speaker 3: So it's just gonna it's gonna for me.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be dope to see the business behind it and how they conduct themselves as a league to make it better.
Speaker 2: Do you plan on going to the league and doing both like music and the and the w NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna stop this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've been doing this since I was seven eight years old, so this is all I really know.
Speaker 2: That's fire. Yeah, I mean a lot of people and Damian Lillard is obviously one of the goats and has a very you know, decently successful music career. They have you, Dame done any music?
Speaker 3: No, we're all gonna go do podcast, Get on my podcast.
Speaker 2: He could rant his ass off, Yeah he can rot. Dame is special lyrically. He is uh top tier for sure. Shack too though, you guys happen with Shack. I got l s U great by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta listen to Shack. I heard you got a song with Biggie. Had listen to that.
Speaker 2: J Z and j Z and he has a jay z a song with jay Z and Noads together. He's got big I mean, yeah, listen, with all due respect to Damien Lither that Neil is the greatest rapper ever to come out of the NBA. He is fired. He just put out a new feature with a group called Coyote Out in l A and Shaq was barring the fuck out you guys have to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we definitely got to make something happen because you guys are from the same school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went to l s U. Yeah, how is I always here?
Speaker 2: Like what is it like going to school L s U? Because I always feel like, you know, like at least something from the football side, Like it's so crazy, like the way they worship like L. S U or Alabama, It's like that. It's like that for real.
Speaker 3: It's like a coach and I'm a part of it. I love L s U. Bro, the Tigers.
Speaker 1: They don't play and our fans don't play like we take this series when we bleed.
Speaker 3: Purple and gold for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like basketball and football, I mean women's basketball. I don't know what.
Speaker 3: They getting there.
Speaker 1: They getting there, but it's a rebuilding their program, Like you know what I'm saying, Coach, I told coach mokey, like, Bro, you set in the bar crazy high, Like she.
Speaker 3: Came in second year and won Natty Like that's crazy. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's heard of really her first year if you think about it, because the first year she was actually there, those were players that she didn't recruit.
Speaker 2: I'm just glad Yukon got knocked off because I was. No. I was just you got to understand how boring it is that every year the same person. It's Yukon winning the championship, going undefeated.
Speaker 3: Every year it's Dominans. That's greatness.
Speaker 2: No, it's greatness.
Speaker 3: Ready for a new, a new.
Speaker 2: But something like something new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like Lebron in the conference fin those every.
Speaker 2: Year exactly, I feel, which I was okay with because I'm a big Lebron fan.
Speaker 3: Yeah me too.
Speaker 2: So I have a Lebron toy up there, show Lebron by the way, shout out to Lebron Captain America. God damn it the way he's wigving that fucking flag.
Speaker 3: We love we love Lebron over here. K.
Speaker 2: I should say I'm a Son's fan, so I said, NERK, but h, what is your basketball team like in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Oh, I guess the Pelicans. I'm in New Orleans. I go to games all the time.
Speaker 1: We got we just got, uh Murray traded.
Speaker 3: All our people got murried. So I'm excited to see them play together. B I, Zion Murray's crazy?
Speaker 2: Wait which Murray did they get? Oh? Did you from from the Hawks? At Y? Yeah? Yeah, I forgot all about that trade. Jeesus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we got a big three. But I love my favorite players, like Anthony, you.
Speaker 2: Have a medium three. You got to relax throwing that big three out there. You gotta you gott a fucking real medium chill like you.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, b I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah, if Kenny stay on the on the court. Next, Zion, can't you stay off the buffet?
Speaker 1: Bro?
Speaker 2: Murray good, he's good. Not a perennial All Star by any means, but he's good. He has that all star potential big three. Look, you also have CJ. McCollum, who's an also all star level player in his career at certain points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's like.
Speaker 2: On the tail end of his career. Yeah. So like the Sons have a big three. Okay, we could say the Sons have a big.
Speaker 3: A potential big.
Speaker 2: They could be. Potentially they have a potential big Okay Noll if everything lines up. I love the Pelicans roster because they got herb Jones mothers so nice a d No. I love their shots. Look, I'm do you root for the Chicago Is it the Chicago Sky? Yeah? Yeah, you root for the Sky because Angels? Is that your That's not my team until you.
Speaker 3: I don't have a.
Speaker 2: Team because you're about to get drafted to what. I really like the Dream, the Dream. I'm from Georgia, but you're about to be on a team, so once, I hope you go to the Mercury because I'm happy to live in Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love the Mercury. I love DT.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah, shout out to uh Like I don't obviously, I follow the w NBA pretty surface level. I've gotten a lot more into it this year, just like the rest of the world. But it is Tarassi the goat of women's basketball? Is she like the goat? Is she the Jordan?
Speaker 3: Yeh? She one of the goals for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. It's like, you know, we got Jordan and Lebron right, Is she is she the one? Is she that to so far?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean you got her, you got Sue, Yeah, but you.
Speaker 1: Got like Cheryl Miller, you got like cheroh swoops like you got like you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But DT is She's.
Speaker 2: Legend like Jesus for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta I gotta figure out the hierarchy. I'm gonna ask on Twitter, like, what's what is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? For you, is it like when you departmentalize your time for your priorities? What is music? Obviously school school, right, You're gonna handle your school ship. Yeah, but between music and sports, what are you focused most on?
Speaker 1: It's just like time period. So yeah, during the season on basketball.
Speaker 2: Right, summertimes, I'm gonna get this music take the back.
Speaker 3: Seat for the next nine months eight months?
Speaker 2: Do you already obviously talked about the deluxe album? Are you recording stuff just in case? Like Heyl mid season? I got it surprising.
Speaker 1: I literally got drops lined up all the way until January right now, so I'm gonna still be flooding throughout the season. I got a whole campaign set up for January through March March Madness EP.
Speaker 3: I got a lot.
Speaker 2: Is there somebody who's tapped in with you on the music side? That you haven't necessarily worked with, but you'd like.
Speaker 3: To Jacob be crazy. I mean, you know what I'm saying, that's like my favorite rapper.
Speaker 2: I think he's he made a very smart business decision to.
Speaker 3: Step back. Yeah, he did.
Speaker 2: My name's been and.
Speaker 4: I was like, at first, I was like, what's going on? Cold a man, smart move and the right move for him as like a human being.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they say, they say it was like on Twitter, they was like j Cole got a praying Grandma was even spiritual.
Speaker 2: I'm just so glad because we because I don't. I feel like I feel like if Cold had stayed.
Speaker 3: In it, but that's not even his energy.
Speaker 2: Though, no, it's not his energy, and him and Kendrick are actually friends. But if you have stayed in it, I feel like the battle would have been a lot different. And the way it played out, we got some of the best shit ever we got not like us like it was the better that they was just focused on those two as opposed to like Kendrick throwing I got a third verse for Cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like you said, when it felt right like dream Ville and TD are so synonymous and that a lot of the artists are friends and family. I mean, fans don't want to choose sides. Ye, smart move shot the cold Man? Yeah what did you think of just from being a hip hop fan? I'm sure you enjoyed Drake. Uh what'd you think to watch The Fall of Drake?
Speaker 3: The what?
Speaker 2: The fall?
Speaker 3: That's not a real thing?
Speaker 2: The Fall of Drake?
Speaker 3: The Fall?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you mean by that? I just mean he got just picked apart and destroyed it.
Speaker 3: I think it was a lapse, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I don't He's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he was.
Speaker 2: He's Drake.
Speaker 3: Drake could drop another album and it ain't even go.
Speaker 2: It just will never hit the same. You don't.
Speaker 3: Come on now, are you dragging it? You're dragging it? Come on, Drake will never hit it. Come on, bro, We're gonna come back with classics after this.
Speaker 2: He got to well, I'm gonna say this. Since the battle, he's been shooting air balls.
Speaker 3: He's been in turns of Keko. You know what I'm saying. He's probably been in Turks.
Speaker 2: Just that com Camilla, what's the Camilla Cabeo ship? That ship missed the Sexy Red record?
Speaker 3: What Sexy Red Record?
Speaker 2: Were he where he talked about BBL drizzy, Uh you my everything?
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's fire?
Speaker 2: Yeah is it?
Speaker 3: I said, who I like Sexy ra.
Speaker 2: Oh, sexy is amazing. She's in my opinion, like I shared one of my favorite albums last year. She's her ear for Beats is crazy, sexuy reds fucking sick. Yeah, and she's cool as fuck.
Speaker 3: She seemed like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think it's like at the end of the day, like I just think it's dope nowadays, Like you know, because like when I was growing up, we have like a dope I feel like a real ill female hip hop class where it was like twenty chicks were popping. But I feel like in then, like two thousands, it was really just NICKI yeah, you know, for a long time and so and then because of that, it kind of made it to where there was so much like weird competition and people were really approaching that like there could only be one at a time that was cracking. And it's like now it's like, yo, the females are running rapt crazy and it's been like that for like three or four years. Like I say that, I always say this, like, dudes, don't even try in the studio anymore. All the women who are actually like they're making real record, they're actually applying themselves to like trying to make hits, they're.
Speaker 1: Making real records. And then the marketing is they're actually care about the rollouts.
Speaker 3: They're caring about the marketing and they can.
Speaker 2: And there's so many, so much dynamic between like a girl like rap City or yourself or like Sexy Red or like Loto.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just so many.
Speaker 1: It's so I think everybody gives you a different taste of what you were like for sure.
Speaker 3: So's it's like so much to go around.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Who's your favorite? Like if you like you say J Cole all time is your goal?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, who else is in that conversation for you? Like whold you grow up listening to? Besides Cool Park?
Speaker 3: My father? For show number one?
Speaker 2: Who's your dad?
Speaker 3: Camouflage?
Speaker 2: What the fuck from Fuy' it's crazy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had Camouflages album when I was a kid, No Way the Street, the big one. It was on what fucking label? Was it on?
Speaker 3: Universal?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I probably strictly for the Street.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to remember the artwork I have the artwork. In my head, it was like real classic.
Speaker 3: Are you having a bandana?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Is a camouflage bandana? Yeah? That's crazy? What the fuck? Yeah that's you know what's crazy? Is I feel like I heard that. I'm glad. Yeah yeah that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Your dad was like a fucking he was like that. He was one in one for sure.
Speaker 3: I'll be telling people that didn't want to listen.
Speaker 2: So when you were growing up, like you were like, really, how were you when your dad passed away? He died before I was born, So okay, so you didn't know your dad like that.
Speaker 3: He died in May. I was born in November.
Speaker 2: So when you're growing up, like does your mom put you on like this is this is your dad shit?
Speaker 1: So like you gotta think in Savannah he was basically a legend, you know what I'm saying when he died, So people was telling me about it. But then when I got around six or seven, my mom really gave me the whole gi just about you know everything. She let me listen to his music and since then like that was my favorite rapper.
Speaker 3: Like you couldn't tell me nothing, like you know you try to.
Speaker 2: I feel like you have you tried to sample one of his old records.
Speaker 3: No, not yet.
Speaker 1: We actually I'm actually trying to were pulling his like lyrics and stuff so we could try to do a song together and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be crazy, but.
Speaker 1: I'll be trying to, like, like everybody want me to everybody want me to remix like cut friends and all of that, and I'm like, I ain't doing it. It's certain like for me, I put my dad on such a high pedestal.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you, I think it'd be hard. Though, Like my boy struggled, he did a his dad. His grandpa was a dude named Whalen Jennings who's like a big country singer. So he read he did like a hip hop version of his song Outlaws ship the show so far. But you only get you gotta do it if it feels right. But what's cool is like, even if you don't have the access to the masters and the A cappellas nowadays, you could like, yeah, you strip the beat out, that'd be fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I definitely want to do something nobody ever heard before. And I got like a lot of the A debts and stuff like that, so.
Speaker 2: You have like unreleased stuff from the pops. That's super crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he always been my favorite rapper. If you listen to my songs, I try to just mimic his cadence. I literally try to do everything he do from t.
Speaker 2: That's super dope. Damn, that's crazy. So for you like ship, this ship's in you, it ain't on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'll be trying to tell people. That's why I hate when they try to put me in that category of like a rapper hooper and I'm just like no, I literally just do both like his music in my blo.
Speaker 3: It's deeper than just me wanting to, you know, saying do music.
Speaker 1: I got a reason, Like I always just wanted to fulfill my father's legacy because I felt like his life is cut short and they ain't get to hear him. And so you know, through me doing what I do, it's just like it's just a represent.
Speaker 2: That's super dope. Or you should at least like I feel like you did a mixtape or something. You gotta pay how much somehow on the art or is this something I mean just like like like his like that album cover in my it's so funny because like that album cover sticks out of my head.
Speaker 3: And it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I remember back in the day, I used to buy albums based on what the source magazine and ad look like. Yeah, and I remember your dad had the full size the that's crazy.
Speaker 1: No, I just told my mom I want to redo the strictly for the streets.
Speaker 3: Uh cover art keeping a real one.
Speaker 1: He's actually if you go look at Best of Both World, if you like look by my head, his face is in there.
Speaker 3: It's just like in like the Stars.
Speaker 2: That's super dope. Yeah, for sure, that's super far. So your album is out now was a mixed tape people EP EP A lot of albums, a lot of songs for EP.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a couple now. A lot of them were pre out previously, Like.
Speaker 2: You got a little Wayne on there, you got Anie Choppa Deluxe on the.
Speaker 3: Way, YEP Deluxe were crazy too rare.
Speaker 2: Try to get you to dance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he tried to teach me if I don't do dancing too much?
Speaker 2: Too rare. Fucking this guy, man, this guy's so underrated when it comes to influencing what these kids be doing.
Speaker 1: This guy he just dropped that vegetable song. I got like twenty million views in like a month.
Speaker 2: I don't open TikTok.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not on TikTok. It's the craziest thing. I haven't heard it me either, But are my little brothers.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Whatever whatever bubble that those types of songs existed, you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's facts. But I think it's so smart because a lot of artists wouldn't even do anything like that. But I'm thinking it changed my perspective. It's like, but I could do a song like this, these kids go stream at twenty million times, nobody in my fan base gonna listen to it for real.
Speaker 2: But that's still it's crazy because like TikTok and people forget, like there's some artist who fee like they're too good for TikTok or it's corny. It's like, yo, it's the number one music discovery app in the world.
Speaker 3: I love TikTok. The only thing the only down five is on downside.
Speaker 1: I don't like that it could kill your songs so quick, Like if your song go viral TikTok, you probably got like a month like to like really basket that glory for people, Like Okay, I'm over.
Speaker 2: It and then they go to the next you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Like, that's why I would hate that, like have a TikTok hit if I'm not like an established artist, because so many songs I'm listening to, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, bro, that's his song?
Speaker 2: Happened to that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Literally, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Trust me, it happens all the time. I see like people all the time will catch like a little TikTok wave and then they'll get signed to a shitty single deal and then as soon as the wave is over, it's like, yeah, next, but like you said, you gotta build a cattle or you build your family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then like you know it all have come back around.
Speaker 2: Damn. That's crazy. Well listen, I appreciate you pulling up. Thank you for when when school start back up next month? August twenty fifth, She got a month left.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Are you going on a vacation or n?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Me and my team about to go to Croatia on like a ten day trip Croatia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's there?
Speaker 1: I don't know that's where unless you wanted to go this year. It's like a study abroad trip.
Speaker 2: That didn't sound like a vacation. That sounds like Croatia. You didn't go somewhere where they got a beach. Greece. Greece is nice that we're.
Speaker 3: Going to Croatia and grease. Is that the same thing? Croatia Greece?
Speaker 2: No, no, no different. Greece is where Giannis is from. Croatia has got to be where one of the other random whites from the NBA are from. Yeah, I feel like luka uh. Jokic got to be from over there somewhere.
Speaker 3: I just know that's where we're going.
Speaker 2: I think that might be where Yokic is from. It's Croatia, Croatia. I think he's from there. You should go in there and ride one of his horses.
Speaker 3: I don't do animals.
Speaker 2: You don't have a dog, Frenchy.
Speaker 3: I'm allergic. I got a bearded dragon.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lizard?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Wow, they hated.
Speaker 2: What do you feed a lizard? Crickets?
Speaker 3: Crickets? I don't feed likely just worms and leaves.
Speaker 2: You take it out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you be on me and everything.
Speaker 2: Are you still dorm living? No?
Speaker 3: I finally moved into an apartment. I couldn't be in a dorm room.
Speaker 2: I got weird you're too cracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, kind of weird.
Speaker 2: And the N I L DO has got to be crazy for you right now?
Speaker 3: Good money in that its a blessing.
Speaker 2: Like what's your who are your partners? What are you gang banging right now?
Speaker 3: Pulma JB JB.
Speaker 2: You get speakers, get the bluetooths.
Speaker 1: Expiron, experience, athlete's foot huh experience experience?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's like the credit?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, who else?
Speaker 1: If you?
Speaker 2: If you, if you partner with experience, do they make sure your credit is better? It don't work like that, bro.
Speaker 3: They teach me a lot of stuff that I did not know.
Speaker 2: So like, look, I'll do this partnership to get like I needed. I need to bump on my ship. And then you said Powerade, Charles Powerade, best flavor, the white one, Glacier Ice, Glacier freeze.
Speaker 3: That's crazy work is it?
Speaker 2: Glacier freeze? For you know that Glacier gas. Yeah, the white Powerade is fire.
Speaker 3: I love the yellow.
Speaker 2: The line the line is good. Well, congrat on everything.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You're a very hard working person, obviously, and yeah I look forward you obviously you're look you got a big career ahead of you. In two different ways. So when you we need assigned jersey to put on the wall here because I haven't signed Devin Booker jersey, shout out to d book But I need a I need an L. S U jersey up here. Yeah, that's easy, that's easy. Worthy there it is. Well, I appreciate you coming through. Yeah, check her out. Matters out right now, best of both worlds and may salute. So there it is fire good ship.