Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack arms Strong and Joe Getty arm Strong and and he arms strong and.
Speaker 2: Yet no one is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 1: Yay, thank god, your children stupid children, stupid children, and hell there's more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just really hard to know what to say and what to do right now. And I just I feel really hopeful in this room, and I feel like we just need to keep fighting and speaking up and protesting, and our voices really do matter, and the people matter.
Speaker 3: And let's see.
Speaker 1: What did she say?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: Is that f Ice in F the U s A? Is that what she said? She said f the U s A? Did she really cerify? Yeah, clets clarify that f Ice and f Trump is. I don't like that because there's some serious slandering coming if we can too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she said f Ice. Okay, it took her a while to say more than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless she said by the.
Speaker 1: Easy now I thought I heard say at the end. Who knows, who knows? Why did I leap to that? I don't know? That's musician Billie Eilish or Billie Eilish. That no one is I legal and stolen land.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could craft a stupid comment on this whole thing than that. And the crowd goes crazy, and she says, I feel so encouraged in this room by a bunch of other soft heads who can't articulate a reasonable adult statement on what.
Speaker 1: We're talking about.
Speaker 3: She just throws together a bunch of phrases, a little greeting carter rhetoric, and on. She goes, as if that's any way to administer a country, What is that to where the adults are talking? Please sit down? God dang it, I know I would honestly like to be able to talk to her in very calm way and say, you know, you're a fantastic musician. I don't blame you for not paying attention in school. If I had your talent, I probably wouldn't either. Now you're a gazillion are and you own like nine homes or something. But like France, for instance.
Speaker 4: Do you know how many do you know how many different empires countries people have claimed the ground of France?
Speaker 1: Who do you think it ought to belong to? You think what history choosing?
Speaker 3: If you were in France and you won an award. Would you say the same thing because they're doing the same thing.
Speaker 1: We are, right, yeah, so.
Speaker 3: It's different because it's set her little colonial in white supremacy or something.
Speaker 1: D app shat app.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna go swiftly story to story here bouncing around, whip sawing you back and forth like a malfunctioning amusement park ride.
Speaker 1: Why don't we start with this?
Speaker 3: We mentioned this briefly, but I thought it deserves a more serious tipping of the cap. Three Federal Air Marshals these are TSA guys were chased out of an LA County restaurant after a crowd mistook them for immigration agents last week. They're having dinner at a Korean barbecue restaurant. When somebody recognized them, they thought is ice agents, and the rumor spread through the restaurant and then on social media, and the Air marshals called for help, prompting dozens of deputies from two nearby stations to respond. They had to separate the Air marshals from the angry crowd, create a skirmish line between the two groups and the parking lot. After a brief time, they walked the federal agents to the sidewalk where an unmarked vand picked them up and whisked them way to safety.
Speaker 4: That would make you really despondent about the future of this kind.
Speaker 1: I hate that this started, but I have seen enough of y'all.
Speaker 4: I don't know you know, most of you not, but some of you, you know, tweet and comment with glee whenever this is done to a Democrat. So if you're gonna think it's okay for the other side, well then guess what it's gonna happen for all sides.
Speaker 1: And it's just abhorren.
Speaker 4: The idea that you can't go out to a restaurant to eat, especially when you're with your family, without people hounding you out of your politics is just awful.
Speaker 1: Do not share that, no matter who it is. And the sheer stupidity of these guys are tsa.
Speaker 3: They try to prevent hijackings, but what do you see a blue uniform or something or a badge.
Speaker 1: You know, it's just nice guys, it's ice guys. Let's go yell at them at a restaurant. They shouldn't be able to eat at a restaurant. You didn't even get it right.
Speaker 3: Moving along, President Trump's promised armada has arrived in the Middle East, headed by the USS Abraham Lincoln and the accompanying aircraft Carrier Battle Group. But according to military experts, they're going to wait for a while because they want to build up US air defenses in get them in place to protect Israel as well as American troops in various.
Speaker 1: Bases throughout the region.
Speaker 3: So it is expected that Iran will kick back, sending some of their thousands of serious ballistic missiles at our boys and gals.
Speaker 1: Abroad, and we want to be ready for it.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, as we talked about last week, there are a number of outlets now with that story that some of our Arab friends are warning this that hey, they have way more capability than you might think they do after that.
Speaker 1: Attack back in June. So yeah, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 3: So we're in a wait and see pattern on that complete change of topic here. This may be my favorite headline of the day. To avoid accusations of AI cheating college, you should.
Speaker 1: Have drivers, lie is that's the sort of thing I think you should say it.
Speaker 3: No, animals should be illegal to drive in a world where they were born, shouldn't have to walk everywhere.
Speaker 1: They should have drivers' licenses and everybody stands on the Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's about as sensical just about. Oh that reminds me, all right, I'll pay off this story. And then there's another cat related story, believe it or not that has set me on edge. So to avoid accusations of AI cheating, college students are turning to AI. Students are taking new measures such as dumbing down their work, spying on themselves, and using AI humanizer programs to beat accusations of cheating with artificial intelligence. So you have AI write your paper, then you say to AI, hey, this is probably better than I can do. Can you dumb it down a little bit? And the AI dumbs it down for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't see how we're going to avoid that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Interesting. Yeah, this is all evolving very very quickly.
Speaker 4: The long and short of what I took in on a three hour Lex Friedman podcast that I listened to a little bit over the weekend with a couple of your top AI writers thinkers people that follow this. Their thinking was that AI is going to be superhuman in some things, way beyond anything a human could be.
Speaker 1: Could do.
Speaker 4: It already is, but it's going to be a long time before there are other things that it can do that humans can do.
Speaker 1: It just can't.
Speaker 4: So that might be the future, like for the next fifteen twenty years at least, and that makes more sense to me. There's some things like going over medical records and connecting dots that no human being could ever do. AI can do that, but like some other relatively simple things that humans can do, it's just isn't going to be able to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Huh okay.
Speaker 3: Interesting, Yeah, another complete change in topic. This is it's interesting, and I hope the trend continues. The famously nottted up housing market appears to be a nodding at least a little bit. Nearly two thirds of home buyers last week I'm sorry, last year ended up paying less than the original asking price. It's the highest proportion since pre COVID. It's been creeping up, up, up, up up, indications that it's it's still a seller's market, but that is it's changing.
Speaker 1: It's more and more power to the buyer. So I'm speaking of podcasts.
Speaker 4: I took in some information on this about and it's going through all the tentacles of our current you know, locked up housing situation, like people can't take jobs, other places, because I mean, you could be offered a really good job, but it ain't good enough to make up for the fact that you've got a two percent loan on your current house, right, I mean, how much extra money would you have to make to get a similar home when you move someone hell somewhere else at six or seven percent.
Speaker 1: Minus to hassle all the emotional costs and blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's just gonna it's gonna take an enormous amount of time. Although I think in some families, you know, you'll just you'll inherit mom and Dad's house because it's got a two point seven percent mortgage, doesn't make any sense to sell it. Blah blah blah. Who knows. But it's gonna take a long time. But it's starting to creep back toward normalcy, they think. And finally this, I told you I had another cat related story. I saw this in the formerly respectable Wall Street Journal. Mamdannie's toughest mayoral transition moving a cat into Gracie Mansion. The mayor of New York is preparing for what could be as prickly as transition. Mamdanni is allergic to cats, but his wife Ramo Duaji wants when for the Graci Mansion, the couple's now official residence on Manhaanne's Upper East Side. He started taking weekly shots in December to build up to tolerance to felines. Wow, you got a marriage where you're allergic to cat and your wife's still gonna make you have a cat. Why do you gotta get a bunch of shots? Well, no, never mind that you can do the marriage counseling. I'm gonna do the media criticism.
Speaker 5: The Wall Street Journal with a cute, sweet article about how the racist Marxist Islamist new mayor, the communist mayor of New York City's allergic to cats about his wife loves cats. Isn't that sweet that he's doing that the next week? It's gonna be Joseph Stalin says, fly fishing really relaxes him. Oh, it's the it's the rhythmic of the casting, the real it just it really unwinds me after a long day of starving.
Speaker 1: Jews and the gula, the kulos and the rest of it. I get your point.
Speaker 3: Paul Pott says, there's nothing like a game of pool on a Friday night to forget about you.
Speaker 1: What the hell Wall Street journal Oh my god, that's pretty good point.
Speaker 3: Oh seriously though, Yeah, I'm allergic to cats, and you're gonna make us have a cat, like severely allergic. What I always don't have a cat? His eyes swell shut? But she really wants a cat in Gracie mansion.
Speaker 1: The hell is going on there? She's a lunatic. You're a communist?
Speaker 3: The Wall Street journalists doing puff pieces on a bodia.
Speaker 1: As we used to say back in Chicago, What the hell? Oh that's funny.
Speaker 3: I think all food should be free a ground.
Speaker 1: Chairs, restaurants sit in charge for food. Cowsing is a human right, Yay, another good one.
Speaker 4: Got so many things from the weekend. What do we get to next? I have to look at that.
Speaker 3: I think it might be Hanson. How's it looking for my Super Bowl credential? Not to go to the game, but to go to the media stuff looking great for me to be there Friday and check out the biggest media scrum practically in the world that occurs every single year. Because it's only sixty miles from my house, so I thought I'd go over there and check that out.
Speaker 1: We got more on waste to hear Grammy's Last Night.
Speaker 3: I don't know which Grammy jelly Roll one for something country. There's several new categories classic country, pop, country, different stuff. But anyway, he won so dessert most weight loss by Major Starr could have been jelly Roll, but anyway, he invoked Jesus in a way you don't nearly hear very often in the godless communist city of La Here's jelly Roll the Grammys last Night.
Speaker 6: There was a time in my life, y'all that I was I was broken. That's why I wrote this album. I didn't think I had a chance all. There was days that I thought the darkest things. I was a horrible human. There was a moment in my life that all I had was a Bible this big in a radio the same size, and a six by eight foot sale And I believe that those two things could change my life. I believe that music had the power to change my life. God had the power to change my life. And I want to tell y'all right now, Jesus is for everybody. Jesus is not owned by one political party. Jesus is not owned by no music label. Jesus is Jesus and anybody can have a relationship with him.
Speaker 1: I love you Lord.
Speaker 3: You know some cheering for that. They're in the you know, a room full of atheists. Apparently the camera went right to Reba McIntyre as they found the one person in the hall that wasn't going to roll their eyes at that.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, wait, quick, find us Christian. There's surely there's gotta be one.
Speaker 3: I can give me a fifteen satanist, sir, find me a Christian.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's Reba.
Speaker 3: So a little on the music, and of course music is taste, but you know, on me, either like it you don't like like I like the Kendrick Lamar song that one Record of the Year Luthor about Luther Vanders, but you gotta like hip hop. The person who won Best New Artist, Olivia Dean, I'd never heard of at all, but so I checked out her album last night after she won that. Really really liked that. Man, if you're ever in a romantic setting, throw on that album. But she's being compared to Dion Warwick, which if I'm her, I'd say, who the Hell's Dion Warwick? But really liked that album listening to it yesterday. Uh, I was one of oh Best Americana Album, whatever that category means. John Batiste, who won Album of the Year a couple of years ago, just in general one for Americana Album last night, and I was listening to that and that is a cool freaking album.
Speaker 4: He's one amazing musician. But here's the one I want to talk about, just because I think it's entertaining. The Cure put out an album. I'm a Cure fan from the way back in the day. They put out their first album in like almost twenty years and won some Grammy for Best something or other some kind of rock.
Speaker 3: In best reward likely to attract older viewers to the show, The Cure Right.
Speaker 4: The Cure's fourteenth studio album, Songs of a Lost World, deals almost exclusively in death, dying, and the relentless march of time.
Speaker 1: Good stuff.
Speaker 4: The songs move slowly, and many go on for many minutes before Smith opens his mouth at all. No pop hits, no hooks, and no fun. That's the review.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Now on the specific song that won an award, Listen to this. The glacially paced opener and lead single alone is majestic and mournful, with string swells and apocalyptic lyrics about birds falling out of the sky. But mostly it's about dying alone, the shattered pieces of a regret filled life and the foregone conclusion that is our mutual demise.
Speaker 1: Wow. Just for the record, I am not ready to rock. Wow. What do you feel like that? Throwing that on? Where are you in the mood for?
Speaker 4: It's mostly about dying alone, the shattered pieces of a regret filled life. Have some people over, open up some bottles of wine.
Speaker 3: Sure, beautiful spring day, maybe little road trip music?
Speaker 1: Hey, kids, listen, listen to music. Hey honey, what do you want to hear? The cure? Oh? I love the cure. You kids are too young to have many regrets.
Speaker 3: But here's what it'll be like when you're older, a regret filled life, just waiting for your demise alone.
Speaker 1: By the way, alone, you're'd have.
Speaker 4: To listen to several minutes of orchestral swells before the words come on.
Speaker 3: But trust me, it's about dying alone. What in the hell I haven't heard that? It might be great art. It's probably That's a hell of a description. It could be the best at that. And I'm just not sure when I'm exactly going to be in the mood for it's a lot different than, like, you know, some of the dance tunes that were winning awards. Justin Bieber played in his underwear last night, silvery underwear, stripped down to his boxer shorts and socks.
Speaker 1: For some reason. He also had to throw in a little ice out commentary, because you know, you gotta be cool, all right. Good for him.
Speaker 3: I can't say anything about the album of the Year, Bad Bunny, because I don't speak Spanish and I have no.
Speaker 1: Idea what was about.
Speaker 3: Well, you get to watch him at the super Bowl on Sunday, right, you know he's going to make some sort of comment about Ice. He's got something planned. Everybody sees it coming. There's going to be a shirt or a banner or a comment or a change of the lyrics, and it's going to be a reference to the dead people in Minneapolis by name, so annoying and tiring.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: CURRG announced a recall of more than eighty thousand McDonald's brand Decalf coffee pods because they actually contain caffeine. So if you brew McDonald's decalf at home, Jesus Man, that's.
Speaker 4: A good bunch on except for the fact that McDonald's regularly wins various coffee contest things.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they make fabulous calls.
Speaker 3: He probably doesn't know that, but just in general, I get it. That's pretty funny. So I we have long mocked these special elections that they have, and then the political punditry tries to extrapolate them for several days and make them mean, oh, it's.
Speaker 1: A bellweather, an indicator of blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you add that to the whole midterm thing, and then the ongoing conversation which I saw pop up several times in the Sunday shows, and I fast forwarded through it because I'm not going to listen to any conversation about who who might take back the House during the midterms.
Speaker 3: It's just I don't know. Are there are there people who are interested in that outside of the media. Are there people who actually, if you're living your life a year out, take it in information.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they'll get the what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Explain to me what difference would be made in anybody's life if we just waited ten months before anybody said a word and then talked about.
Speaker 4: Well not to mention portraying it as a big deal if the Democrats take it back. Yeah, that's what happens after a president gets elected, Like almost every time.
Speaker 1: It's like as predictable as the rain. So it's not a big.
Speaker 3: Rejection of this or embrace of that, or it's just what always happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a near inevitability. Sure, So I don't know why it's even that interesting.
Speaker 4: All that being said, as a setup to this, I think it's kind of interesting. Special election last night in Texas won by the Democrats. It's getting a fair amount of attention because Trump won and with this guy as soon as he's sworn in like today or tomorrow or whatever. Now the Republicans have a one seat edge in the House. It's never been this close ever in US history, one seat advantage this particular district.
Speaker 3: Trump had won by seventeen, this Democrat won by forty one. So it's a thirty one point swing to the left in you know, a year and a couple of months, thirty one points. Now, Trump was on the battle.
Speaker 4: It wasn't specifically voting for Trump, but going from people we're in a you know, a Republican to a Democratic, thirty one points is a lot that's really what they thought. And even Ron DeSantis, who is one of your more reasonable people out there, he's not a cable news pundit getting all excited about it. However, he said special elections are quirky and not necessarily projectable like a general election. He said that said a swing of this magnitude is not something that can be dismissed. Republicans should be clear eyed about the political environment heading into the midterms. The only thing I would say to that, I mean, he's right about that. The only thing I would say to that is yeah, but historically they're supposed to lose, so it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's That's not a reason not to try to win. No, it's meant to try to, you know, be so good at governing the country that you deserve to win.
Speaker 1: I get that. But again, presenting it is like, Ooh, if we're not careful, we might lose.
Speaker 4: No, that's the opposite. It would take an aberration to not lose, regardless of all kinds of headwinds around immigration or whatever. So now I set all that up to get to some good news that Mark Alprin pointed out for the Republicans.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got one more bad news, but you.
Speaker 3: Throw him this is wait, you know what, I'm sorry, just just real quick. This is a tiny election. This is a special election with a tiny turnout. I agree, it's getting attention way beyond I'm not a person who pays attention to that sort of thing, But a thirty one point swing.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 4: Democrats topped Republicans in a generic congressional ballot by six points, scoring the highest of any party on that metric in the history of the survey that Fox has done for many decades.
Speaker 1: So the Democrats.
Speaker 3: No party has ever had a lead like this ever since fo Democratic Party was.
Speaker 1: Dead six months ago. Dead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it's the immigration stuff and the economy. The economy is a big one because things aren't cheaper. They were never lack of coherent messaging around the economy. I often point out things were never going to be cheaper. Shouldn't have said they were going to be cheaper. But so back to the good news.
Speaker 4: So Mark Alpin writ and his newsletter over the weekend, he said, here's a couple of things that could happen. First and foremost, Scott Bessett turns out to be right, and the economy booms so much in quarter two and three that the voters actually start to feel it at home.
Speaker 1: That could happen.
Speaker 3: The Republicans have a fundraising advantage that nobody has ever seen before in politics. It's pronounced an important. Money matters way more in down ballot races than in presidential contests. Lots of people, including us me, mock the money thing in presidential contests because it's never shown to mean anything.
Speaker 4: But in your small races where people got no money, like this district here. If you know, if you got a bunch of those and Republicans could come in and throw in a ton of money, maybe it could make the difference.
Speaker 1: According to the people who claim to know about this sort of stuff, and.
Speaker 4: Also in terms of fundraising going on, the Democrats have no equal to Trump's ability to raise money. This is from the Washington Post. I believe over the weekend, Donald Trump's political war chest grew dramatically in the second half of twenty twenty five, according to new campaign finance disclosures that just came out late Saturday, giving him an unprecedented amount of money for a term a limited president to influence the midterms and beyond.
Speaker 1: Trump raised twenty six million dollars.
Speaker 4: They're always different this and that, and then another eight for this, and then blah blah blah, which and then the super pac that has more than three hundred million dollars in the bank to spend. Altogether, a web of campaign accounts, some of which Trump controls directly, in others under the care of close allies within the president's orbit, have three one hundred and seventy five million dollars in the coffer. The funds far outstripped those of any other political figure, Republican or Democrat entering twenty twenty six, and have no historical precedent as an amount.
Speaker 3: Wow, there's never been anything like this before. So it depends on whether how much money matters in those races. I guess is that just the Trump effect? Yet again, both pro and con everything gets extra jacked up and impassioned because Trump's involved.
Speaker 1: I don't know, and you know, and they mentioned later they were.
Speaker 3: We're extra divided, and the division is very very big right now between the radical left and normal people.
Speaker 4: I want to get into the weeds butt on like a lot of measures. The Republicans have a ton of money and the Democrats are actually in the red they have more bills than money.
Speaker 1: And Elon has sworn to.
Speaker 3: What did he say, he'd spend a BILLIONAI or whatever he'd send, he'd spend on the on the midterms to make sure the Republicans hold onto the House.
Speaker 1: So there's gonna be plenty of money.
Speaker 3: As I think Dick Morris or somebody told us one time, many many years ago, if you got the wrong message, it doesn't matter how much money you have. If you got the right message, Heaven or Hell can't stop you. Yeah, and if the.
Speaker 1: Message is baking so expensive, I don't know, there might not be any getting around that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's at least slightly difficult to reconcile this with what we were talking about earlier, which was the first half of the twenty twenties. Is in the books now, and the census from numbers have come out, and not the it's the once every ten years census, but just the stuff they keep track of year to year, and the population flow from blue states to red states for native born citizens is unmistakable. I mean, it's it's well, it's one of the great demographic trends in American history. And yet the generic Democrat has a has a lead, and they're expected to take back the House and everything.
Speaker 1: It's just interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, Halprin and other pundits have declared Trump's presidency over if the Democrats take back the House, which historically they will, just in that he won't be able to get anything through and they're going to muck everything up the last two years with impeachments.
Speaker 1: They'll be that'll free him up to battle Trevor Noah, though.
Speaker 4: There'll be one or two impeachments, and it will it will all just come to a halt, which, you know, if you're a Democrat, that's awesome. You want him to not be able to.
Speaker 3: Pursue all these different things he's been pursuing, I guess, but that'll be more or less the end of it. Trump fleew of controversial executive orders as we slide further and further down into that sort of governance, I would guess.
Speaker 1: God living through another impeachment, which everyone says is inevitable. Do you think it is.
Speaker 3: I would bet money that it will happen. Yeah, for sure, Probably around some of his money he's getting in crypto financial dealings. Yeah, probably crypto and the meme coin scams.
Speaker 1: Which in some cases might have legs.
Speaker 3: All meme coins are scams, by the way, all of them. Anyway, Do you think that stuff has legs, some of that financial stuff. Hmmm. They'll sure try to run it up the flagpole, he says, metaphors.
Speaker 1: They'll try like crazy.
Speaker 4: Price picks to tell you that the big game of this weekend, and of course we got all kinds of basketball action and going stuff like that. Price Picks is the best way to get involved in gaming with sports. It is so much fun and so easy. You just download the Prize Picks app this week.
Speaker 3: Prize Picks is a special max discount for the big game live in the app now.
Speaker 1: Drake May that's my guy for the Patriots.
Speaker 4: Quarterback just needs one passing yard for the max discount to win. Just add another player to your lineup and if your pick hits you can cash in.
Speaker 1: That is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So download the Prize Pick app today and use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That code is armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Price Picks it is good to be right.
Speaker 3: I forgot what we were talking about before I went to the price picks and something about the Democrat.
Speaker 1: Oh, the impeachment. That's right.
Speaker 3: There'll be plenty of time to talk about that when it inevitably happens. Won't that be fun?
Speaker 4: Some interesting AI stuff I came across over the weekend, among other things on the way, say right here, looking up at CNN sources say US moving additional air defenses to protect Israel allies. So you don't move all those forces because it's off the table that you're going to attack Iran. We'll keep r eye on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If I were a betting man, wait I am, I would say, yeah, it's going to happen. So I found this interesting. Elon Musk is burning a bridge, and it's not calling Trump a chump or anything like that. It's that they're not going to build the Model s anymore as part of their pivot toward robots. He's serious, Tesla is going to be all about building robots.
Speaker 4: That's kind of interesting. The Model ass was their flagship car, and they redesigned it last year and it looks awful. It went from being I thought a pretty cool looking sports car too really ugly in my opinion. Okay, it's they're phasing it out, so.
Speaker 1: That's why they did. Okay, I got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by narrowing the company's money making lineup, he's giving himself even less room for air, according to the Journal, But it's it's.
Speaker 1: A real gamble. The robots are cool looking.
Speaker 3: They put out a online commercial whatever you want to call it, of a robot being a caregiver to an oldster that was pretty good. I mean, making sure grandma takes her pills and holding an arm out for her to hold on to, and you know, and not turning off then and not ripping off Grandma's arm and beating her with the bloody stump. They're still working on that be realistic. It's a new technology.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen this ad. I'll have to check that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I know Elon's gone on. He says there'll be more robots and people within and I don't forget how many years, but it seems like send me a long time for there more robots and people on Earth.
Speaker 1: Why do the robots need to have faces? Though?
Speaker 4: That's what bothers my son, that's what freaks him out. He thinks he thinks that's what freaks most people out there.
Speaker 3: There's a term for that, the uncanny valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uncanny valley thing.
Speaker 4: And who decided, you know, somebody decided in science fiction the way back in the day that robot should have faces.
Speaker 3: But there's no reason for them to actually have a face, or he'd be even shaped like a human. I don't think, because I've read a lot about evolutionary I would argue that from a human being's point of view, it's it's worse. It's better that it's just a machine.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's got like whimsical cartoon eyes or something like that, but don't make it nearly human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst thing you can do.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why it's gott to have like a head neck looking situation at all. And then I've read a lot from an evolution standpoint about how impractical in many ways the development of the human being was. So why have it have two legs and two arms and then a neck and a head.
Speaker 3: It just don't make it look anything like a human. Maybe I have three legs or like R two DE two makes more sense than C three po in my opinion, or like an octopus with glowing your red eyes and long things.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe that the kids would enjoy that, or maybe not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder. I wonder at what point we will all have a robot in our house. I don't think it's going to be that long.
Speaker 4: We touched on the Grammys a bunch of different times because of some stupid things that were said last night. Who uh, let's get another one of those these are good?
Speaker 3: How about well, let's go with bad Bunny. He won the Album of the Year as Joseph Subpar Bunny. Subpar Bunny wins Album of the Year. And here he is when he goes up to you to do his acceptance speech.
Speaker 1: Before I say thanks to God, I'm gonna say eyes out and listening to the problem yay.
Speaker 3: Just from the awards standpoint, when they announced his name, he sat there for a long time. He looked like he was actually quite emotionally affected by winning that album, which I don't think he probably expected to since it's not even in English. I don't get that kind of music, so I like lots of different kind of music. The whole Latin beat thing I've just never liked for some reason. But that's just my personal taste. Let's do another one of these just whoever Klani is Clip thirty seven.
Speaker 8: Everybody is so powerful in this room and in this room later and together, we're stronger in numbers to speak against all the injustice going on in the world right now. Yeah, So instead of letting it be just a couple of you here and there, I hope everybody's inspired to join together as a community of artists and speak out against what's going on. And I'm gonna leave it and safe ice.
Speaker 3: I hope they take some sort of joy and comfort from all agreeing with each other over and over again and acting as if they're being brave.
Speaker 1: It just strikes me as silly.
Speaker 4: It's a whole bunch of people who, like Ricky Gervais said at the Golden Globes, you have the least perspective of anybody on anything. Your lives are so different from any normal human being. Your opinion matters significantly less than like anybody out there watching a grocer, a guy who chains oil for a living, your insurance, all those people, their perspectives make more sense than somebody who is really hot and can dance and became famous at age seventeen. But they're convinced for some reason. And I don't know who tells them this. I guess they tell each other that their opinion is more valuable and we an artists can band together and change the world or something.
Speaker 1: It's think.
Speaker 3: It may be as simple as I'm getting a lot of attention, so I must be deserving of a lot of attention. And then just for something of different and just for anybody who hasn't heard it yet, just the beginning of Billie Eilish hearth thing again, which is the dumbest thing said last night.
Speaker 2: No one is illegal on Stolen Land.
Speaker 1: I can't listen to crowd or oh you're a man. You know.
Speaker 4: What would be nice too is if I've seen that played on fifteen different shows.
Speaker 3: Other than Fox, which I didn't see it played on Fox, So I don't know what they're coming out with, but it'd be nice off on any show, you know, even left leaning ABC News or whatever, if somebody would jump in and say, well, you know, there's actually problems with that notion and that the land has changed hands many many times, including with Indian tribes before we even arrived here, So who would belong to originally would be problematic at best.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it would be.
Speaker 3: Nice if somebody threw that in and just didn't play it as a look, how wonderful this is. Listen to the crowd cheer leading other stupid people who are watching your stupid morning television show. Probably stupid if you are watching a morning television show because it means you don't have a job or you don't have kids to take care of us. You're probably more on. But you're being very critical. You're being led by these stupid clips. And when you hear those people get cheered, there it is right now, and see it. N I can see it, so I know they're playing it, and they're gonna play the crowd cheering, and morons are gonna see that and think, well, I guess that's wise and deep and what everybody thinks, because listen to everybody cheer.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it makes me so angry that they think they're so smart.
Speaker 3: Michael, play me the beginning of thirty seven again, just the beginning.
Speaker 8: Everybody is so powerful.
Speaker 1: In this room and in this and anything.
Speaker 3: I wanted more of that, but virtually everything she said was just meaningless greeting card rhetoric as I like to call it.
Speaker 1: And then people cheered like crazy.
Speaker 3: We're so together and we're feeling powerful and we're having a real effect.
Speaker 1: No no, If.
Speaker 4: You missed the siegment of the show or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty