Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts now fuck That with your loaw glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: I waited for you for this topic, Pete, Yeah, I waited for you.
Speaker 1: Y'all waited for you. I thought this would be interesting for you. This it seems like your type of topic for the No Sentence Podcast.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm always in self. I prefer self checkout because I don't like having to interact with the cashier.
Speaker 2: I hate self checkout really, I mean like I hated.
Speaker 1: Why everything about it is just horrible, Like even for whatever it gives you an efficiency, all you trade in is just the human experience. Like, if you don't have no value for human experience, then I can understand why.
Speaker 2: You value your self check out.
Speaker 1: What human experience greeting someone like somebody working the counter, Why would they do that? Why would humans want to exchange with other humans?
Speaker 3: Well that human I mean not to like knock on them, but like we have no relationship. I don't know that person. We're not carrying this interaction elsewhere. I mean it start, stop, it's over. It's just.
Speaker 1: You don't think there's no value even in those short term relationships where you meet people.
Speaker 3: Not only is there not value, there's cost, but.
Speaker 2: You don't really lose costs. It's the same process of you lose time.
Speaker 1: You're not a faster checkout person than the person at the counter, oh I am yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah by far?
Speaker 2: So now you do their job better than them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is fifteen years. They've been doing it for three.
Speaker 2: How have you been doing it for fifteen years?
Speaker 3: I've been doing self checkout for fifteen fucking years. It's not new.
Speaker 2: Do you steal anything? Sometimes?
Speaker 3: I used to.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I what I hear when I used to Here's what it really was was like because when I was when I was like a team with a teacher, when I was steel.
Speaker 2: I'm about to ask you, I'm about to ask you. Yeah, I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Not not when you was young and dumb. I mean, what about it as an adult made you.
Speaker 3: Like that?
Speaker 2: You was like, you know what?
Speaker 3: It was the fact that if I was buying a lot of stupid one off produce items to make something sure, it was just faster to hit in one thing and then weigh at all like it's one thing because they weren't looking that closely and then put it in the bag, rather.
Speaker 1: Than really what it was was it was the fact that they didn't let you just put in the number. If they would have let you scan the produce and put times five, it'd been you.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't even be nothing. No, you can do that. It would be like, say, I'm buying five different kind of peppers. I was making a salsa. Yeah, and I know that jlapannos are the cheapest in Wait. I would just put in halapeno, put all the peppers there, and if they bleed a dollar in value, then I'm taking a buck to the bank. I'm thrust you at the bag over, okay. Or if I knew that, Like there was a tomato and the tomatoes come up, I'm like, well, that's a cheaper tomato than mine, So fuck it. I guess I'm getting that tomato today. Stupid shit, Like.
Speaker 1: You want me to tell you something crazy. Yeah, I've never stolen from self checkout. I believe that.
Speaker 2: What's funny?
Speaker 1: So well, I've actually ended up not paying for something, but only because I didn't know how to work the machine when I scanned it and I thought it scanned and I walked out and I was like, you know, so you pay with your car, you scan your items, you pay your card. I'm like, okay, man, I get the receipt. I'm talking on the phone. I might've been talking to you or stealing somebody. I'm talking to one of y'all and I'm just having this conversation. And I get out in the car and I look at my phone and it says I paid thirty six dollars. And I'm like, you know, I'm one of them type of people that shop and I estimate exactly how much I'm gonna spend, so I.
Speaker 2: Spend my money.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this shitd probably costs about fifty dollars, So you know what I mean. I'm like, damn, what didn't I pay for it? And not just stare at the receipt to figure it out?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like.
Speaker 2: It was a little low right there?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that might not be me, that might be you. That might be your value, That might be your value, that might be.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: Do you think that this will come to the mic for halving the audio on the desktop.
Speaker 1: If you have the audio on the desktop. No, probably it might not bleed. Okay, it may not. It shouldn't. We'll have a crappy show, but it's okay, we could gamble a little bit. But yeah, I never really got into it. But I get so frustrated at the world's pursuit of convenience.
Speaker 3: Yeah you don't. You don't value time.
Speaker 1: I truly do value time, but I want a quality experience, Like I don't just want time to have time, like, I want time filled with quality things.
Speaker 2: So like if it meant like I can.
Speaker 1: Go somewhere and get my food in ten minutes and then get back home to sit down and eat and watch TV versus you know, I'll get a meal that's a five and then I get it extra twenty minutes to get back home and eat, you know what I mean. I would rather sit at a restaurant like I go to the grilled chicken place that's about the studio all the time, and I'll just.
Speaker 3: Sit there and eat.
Speaker 1: So they I lose an hour of time because I'm sitting there and eating and bringing it. But the quality experience of enjoying my food fresh hot, not you know, not way down, not giving my attention to the television, not giving my attentions to anything else, but just just sitting there, taking in the ambiance of of you know, of something you know, you know, energy that's in the room that may not exist in the studio.
Speaker 2: Off I go eat at the studio.
Speaker 3: I'm right there with you. But there's a discernible quality difference between a lot of foods where you eat it right then and there versus later, even if it's only fifteen minutes later. I ever don't see what the quality of the experience is standing there in lying at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: There's a there's a let her one let her that.
Speaker 1: That's a uh, that's a I actually really enjoyed my experiences at the grocery store. Like people talk shit, I go to the grocery store just about every day. When I'm actually eating and my body is at optimal function, I realize my greatest my greatest, my greatest move is when I actually go to.
Speaker 2: The grocery store every day or the day before.
Speaker 3: Sure, I've been like three times a week, four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I enjoyed my time at the grocery store. I'm not quite sure what I enjoy, but I enjoyed my time at the grocery store. I don't know if it's the fresh produce in the air or you know, seeing people, you know, trying to feed their family.
Speaker 2: Something about it brings me joy.
Speaker 3: I tried adding a grocery store into my like, there's certain I can never get everything I want at one store. It's so absurd, and I don't even ask for much. There's a Dominican market near me. It's like a normal sized grocery store. It'd be like a food for letting this Dominican. So I kept trying to go there. They have some better prices, all some things which is good, got some other things that you don't have everywhere. But I was like, we're in the middle of Dominican neighborhood. There's got to be Dominican women here. Well that never came to fruition. And now because they don't have self checkout, I have to abandon the place all together. There's just there's no no juice for the squeeze.
Speaker 1: No siblings, gl my brother Peter in the house a couple of days late, but on time, and get to this, this this good stuff. I like ethnic markets. I mean I do like State of Brothers. Shout out to my homeboy, mad he worked at State of brother He's a butcher, makes music. We've been talking about making some music. He always give me a great cut of meat. He'll if I want to get reb by Is on sale and I want to ground it up, like he'll do anything. He'll shout out to the butchers of the world, who really you know, will customize the customize exactly what you want when it comes to the animal department. And the only thing I like about going to State of Brothers, but I prefer ethnic markets. Like my favorite supermarket is y Artha Byarta is like a some Mexican market. They got like a fresh guacamole bar, so you can make your guacamole fresh.
Speaker 2: Like you can add just.
Speaker 1: The amount of avocado you want with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, uh, collapao, it's another pepper that you saw and pepper and like I get just enough. Most people don't know if you add just enough line and your guacamole.
Speaker 2: Won't change colors.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's just enough line and I get it made fresh. And I could get they make the chips fresh right there. But I still hate going to the chelf checkout line, Like I'm forced to go to the self checkout line because all the other lines have people, you know, the people are backed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then now that's when it becomes a thing of my time, you know what I mean, because it's like, okay, it might take me an extra fifteen minutes of standing in line.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been like two people out at the self checkout bank because they have like five six you know of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've been. I've been three people out, four people.
Speaker 3: Out, and then the person opens a new checkout lane and they want you to go first. Do you ever brush them off like a bad pitch.
Speaker 2: No, no, I always take that. I always accept that offer.
Speaker 3: I brush them off?
Speaker 1: No, no, I accept that offer. The thing I like about var Arthur right is they got a juice bar over. They'll make fresh juice that's doing in front of you. They make their tortillas fresh, and like I get with self checkout, right, it's the time, right, don't get me wrong. Like there's a long line to interact with the person. Sure, but it probably wouldn't be this long of a line if they have more counters open. Don't get me wrong, people, I could tell people reject self checkout because I won't lie to you like when I go to Circle K and it's a line of you know, four or five people, like in the self checkout machine is sitting right there and nobody's going I'll just walk right by and I won't lie. It's really fast. It's that's one of those places where it's fast. Like you said, whatever it is down on it's like Matt or like a like an electronic type of table Matt, and it figures exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: I guess self checkout.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: If seven to eleven had a self checkout, that would be a game changer for my life. I'd probably be diabetic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably what's wrong now because I like, I go through the Circle KAY and they have a special on eighty five on sodas on any size for eighty five cent. Yeah, I need the ice for my gallon of water, So I always end up going and now like I've been able to get a tea or a power aid or something just so I could fill up the big cup with ice. But like that, that is time, you know what I mean, Because it will be five six people trying to get gas in that line, and they're waiting in line to see an attendant yeah, and then I can walk right by to the little machine. I set it down and within five within three seconds, it pops up with a total I just tapped my.
Speaker 2: Phone on the machine and walk out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to know, but I would imagine that's not stay like that, because you know, basically, they're gonna have all self checkout lines and then it's gonna take forever.
Speaker 3: I don't wanna take forever.
Speaker 2: Mean, the Walmart self checkout lines take favor.
Speaker 3: Walmart self checkout lines take forever, but they don't take as long as the regular lines. And it depends on which Walmart. Now. I famously live next door to the Haitian Walmart in North Miami Beach. The Haitian why do you call it? The Walmart itself was not Haitian, but the people inside were Haitian. It was the most that's the most Haitian dominant neighborhood, probably outside of Haiti in the whole world is North Miami. In North Fami Beach area, it was a societal collapse at the self checkout line every Sunday. It was just an absolute pandemonium shutdown of commerce. I'd never seen anything like it in my life ever.
Speaker 2: What it's just that many people.
Speaker 3: It was the lack of compet of the shoppers. You would have people paying in petty cash and change. You would have people with trying to implement portional payments on several cards, people who couldn't figure out how to work it at all. It was like there was not anybody who could just go up and execute the transaction in the streamline fashion at any of the checkouts ever. I mean, it was to the point I was a block from this from this place, and I was going miles away to another Walmart after like three months of living there.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is a bit prejudice, but why did the other you going to Walmart? You seem like a Target person? Well, no, I don't like.
Speaker 2: Why don't you like Target?
Speaker 3: I just don't like it. I don't like the people of Target. Target's full of Karens and shit like that. I don't like those people. What do the workers do rome?
Speaker 1: No, I mean the other shoppers, Oh, they feel ritchy because theyn't Target.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't like them. It's like, yeah, I don't like I don't like Target. But uh, that particular Walmart on the one sixty seventh is hell. The parking lots hell. The whole situation is just terrible. I never seen it. I've never seen I've been to Walmart's all over the country. I've never seen anything like that ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if you should be going to Walmart.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know you you you're smart, You're you're economically sad. So I'd imagine you saving a dime, and I could imagine that time.
Speaker 2: Boy that times crazy from over.
Speaker 3: Here, like the one on seventy ninth Street, over like Liberty City area. Yeah, it's like paradise compared to that shit over there on the other one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've never been to a good Walmart.
Speaker 3: There's no such thing as a good Walmart. There's just Walmarts that are better than other Walmarts compared to other Walmarts within their own ratings.
Speaker 2: The Walmart I go, who, everything is locked up.
Speaker 1: So if I go to Walmart, whatever I'm saving and price, I end up paying in time.
Speaker 3: That is a very California problem.
Speaker 2: I would have believed that. I don't believe that.
Speaker 1: But if I'm getting something that's behind the glass, you press the button, different workers is walking by and I'm like hey, and he's like, oh, this is not my department. Be like bro y'all should have access to all departments and you end up waiting. Like I remember one day I had got so irritated and in a moment of protest, I had made up my mind.
Speaker 2: I think it was like four fifty nine in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: I remember it because I said, if it turns five o'clock, I got there and I pressed that button. Had to be about four forty one or something, and I said it was about four fifty five, and I had made up my mind. I said, if it hits, I'm going to break this glass with something and make my purchase. Because I had already made up my mind that I was about to protest and set off like a national protest against Walmart and go.
Speaker 3: To jail to prove a point.
Speaker 1: And God, for sure, you know, an attendee came because it was about to happen, and I had prepared myself.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I'm gonna go to jail for this one. Now I'll be on the news.
Speaker 3: Walmart's workers, I've never seen such a widespread culture of workers under protest in my life. Like getting a Walmart employee to help you with anything is just it's a lost cost fools.
Speaker 2: Errand you know what's odd is it is customer service?
Speaker 1: Like when I go to Chick fil A or if I go to In and Out people are they seem.
Speaker 2: Like they are forced either.
Speaker 1: They have a much better attitude than when I go to certain places. And I've been asking people do they think it's the money or is it like the manager is hiring a chipper attitude.
Speaker 3: I think it's both. I think it's a standard. I think if you don't adhere to their standard, you're probably not gonna be there very long. And on a side note, to compare In and Out and Chick fil A for another weird personal anti human interaction issue I have in and Out God bless them. You order, you get a number, you're one O nine. Chick fil A asks for my name. I don't like that. I don't I want to go anywhere personal touch. No, I don't know, don't give me number, Pete.
Speaker 2: That go to the self check.
Speaker 1: That not the self che And I go to a regular cash register line and I'm going to call the person at the register by.
Speaker 3: Their name, likely Pete.
Speaker 1: I'm going to remember their name and then the next time I see them I'm be like, oh, hey, Heather. She was like, hey, I feel like the world is missing that, the personal connection of people caring who they are speaking to, even if it's even if it's not. Like if I saw Heather outside, we wouldn't talk. But when I walk into her, her establishment were her register, her line, somebody is going to talk to her.
Speaker 2: Hey, how's everything going.
Speaker 1: Somebody is going to talk to her like they actually care and are grateful that she's providing a service.
Speaker 2: I'm not like. I just saw this thing on.
Speaker 1: I might have sent it to you, But it was about this restaurant in uh, South Carolina in Myrtle Beach, and I think it's called Milk and Honey or something like that or something, and a lady ordered a medium well steak and they brought it out and she complained about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess you since not done enough. So there was when the chef came out each other.
Speaker 3: Who the waiter. I'd be complaining at her for ordering this medium well steak and embarrassing our restaurant, and then she's complaining that we gave it to her and.
Speaker 2: It's more well too. She wanted it more well.
Speaker 1: So so so.
Speaker 2: The chef comes out.
Speaker 1: I was like, you order it medium well, She's like yeah, but I wanted more done. It's like, well this is medium well. So to me, it was a conversation of you know some magics, like this is what a medium well steak looks like, Like this is the temperature, this is the picture, look at the picture. And the the owner comes out, and the owner like goes off, and the owner's being accused of, you know, saying some pretty unsavory things about black people.
Speaker 2: But I just thought it was funny.
Speaker 3: Aside from that aspect of it, I do endorse him getting on this person about that and then subsequently throwing them out of the establishment. Say the same thing on the stream.
Speaker 1: If if I opened the steakhouse, you couldn't get well done stakes here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we would not for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just you have to know, sir, you can't well done. I wonder well doesn't know, sir. This is you have to go to Ruth Chris for that street.
Speaker 3: Tacos are down there, buddy, And I'm not knocking tacos. I'm not trying to make a sound like that, but you have to cook carne asada through otherwise it's.
Speaker 1: Chewy for sure, but I don't know, I just make people feel like why don't make people feel like I take that back, Like, like when I go to a place of business, I am hoping to have, you know, some level of exchange with another human energy, you know, I mean not necessarily negative or positive, but you know, to tap into the world, like to tap into humanity.
Speaker 3: If I wanted to do that, I would go to a place that where the customers were people, or or what I was ordering was interaction something like that. They're just in the way I go to the place for the thing that the place has. Everything else is just heat resistance.
Speaker 2: I don't go nowhere where people are going to meet people.
Speaker 3: Me neither. But if I did want to meet people, I would go to where the people were, where the people not going to meet people.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have a human experience with other humans.
Speaker 2: Look, I know that sound like it's the same.
Speaker 1: And people listening to this podcast like g tripping, I'm not like I don't like clubs because the goal is to meet people there, Like who gos places just to.
Speaker 2: Meet people looking to meet people.
Speaker 1: Now, if I go to a restaurant, right or excuse me, if I go to yr in the grocery store, right, and I'm going to.
Speaker 2: That product.
Speaker 1: I'm okay with meeting people, and I'm a personable person with meeting people, but I would never go so well when people were just waiting there to meet people, like plenty of fish, shout out to plenty of Fish, but I like, I probably wouldn't be on plenty of Fish because it's people trying to meet people.
Speaker 3: When you said shout out to plenty of fish, I was thinking of that. What's that place that all the girls out there like that where the food sucks? Which a California fish market.
Speaker 2: The rest of California pizza kitchen.
Speaker 3: What well you said plenty of fish? I thought you were in my head. It took me like a sex.
Speaker 1: You mean California Fish Grit, California Fish Grill.
Speaker 3: That's the place. That's what I was thinking about, plenty of Fish.
Speaker 2: I like California Fish Grill, like it sucks.
Speaker 3: Food sucks.
Speaker 2: What'd you get?
Speaker 3: I I've had more stupid bitches drag me to that goddamn place. I've had everything they offered.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta have.
Speaker 3: To because I have to try everything because the thing I had before sucked.
Speaker 2: You know what, get the corn chowder.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna go anywhere for corn chowder.
Speaker 2: It's really good corn chowder, Pete.
Speaker 3: That's an oxymoronic phrase.
Speaker 2: You don't think corn chowder could be good.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying for corn chowder.
Speaker 1: I love chowder. That's one of my favorite things going to Washington. When I go to the state of Washington, not DC, is to get chowders.
Speaker 3: They like.
Speaker 1: I go to this place out there called Pike Place chowder and they got they have different chowders.
Speaker 2: Man, that chowder is so good.
Speaker 1: I love chowder and bisk Who would have thought a crip from watching like.
Speaker 2: Bisc or chowder.
Speaker 1: For years, I've just I deprived myself of the of the beauty of clam chowder and and and uh, the wonders, the deliciousness of clam chowder and being pis just off the titles the name of Hi. I'm like, oh, this can't be good clam bean pie, and I end up loving them. They immediately jetted up to my top ten favorite foods of all tie.
Speaker 3: You should open up a full spectrum chowderhouse and call it chowder down.
Speaker 1: Chowder down, I like that, Yeah, they called it and we make crab chowder. Call it crypt chowder. Yeah, COVID the right and Long Beach.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: Love chowder, man, I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: People love a soup, especially in DC. People love soup. They got a soup house in DC. I guess it gets really cold. I don't know how good it would do on the West coast because we don't really get that cold. But this place opens up during the winter, and it does such great business that it only opens up.
Speaker 2: For the wintertime, fall them at a time, maybe even spring.
Speaker 3: Yeah hmm that I could see that even helping at least making the period where they're open that much more profitable because it's you know, it's like a seasonal treat. You don't take it for granted.
Speaker 1: And I've always had a dream too, of hosting my own chili cookoff. That's a dream chili.
Speaker 3: I'm down for shows in like Cincinnati or in Ohio at all. You know, it's all the cities in Cincinnati start.
Speaker 2: With c It's got it tight in Cincinnati. Oh you've been Ohio.
Speaker 3: Fuck, yeah, that's right enough to.
Speaker 2: Say Cincinnati, Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Well, they got some other ones well, Columbus cities for god, or all Sea to lead old gods start with a tea. They do got some major cities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you just changed akron to a c R O N, you haven't made it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, crime the crime, yeah, acting to the crime.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I always had a dream of having my own chili cookoff. Yeah, that would be like.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 2: Fine, the coldest time.
Speaker 1: Figure out which days historically I have been the coldest day and have a chili cook off that day.
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure could you do like a combination, either an MLK Day chili cookoff or like a February first Start of Black History Month chili cookoff and make it like a like a dual purpose sort of promoted event. Those are both deep winter times.
Speaker 2: Say that again.
Speaker 3: MLK Day and February first to start Black History Month, those are like dead of winter. I mean, you have pretty good chance to check the farmers on the NAC but it's not usually warm in that kind of year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be cool. A taco shootout would be good too, the world's best taco because it can't.
Speaker 1: Nobody else make tacos really great except California. I mean, unless you go to another country.
Speaker 3: If you're in the Southwest footprint they're doing. They're doing fun Texas tacos. They're not it.
Speaker 1: Neither is Arizona. For some reason, it's not right. You would think Arizona for sure would be better. I don't know if it's like a different part of Mexico than people.
Speaker 3: Last time out over Vegas, which was just this week on a layover, mm hmm, I might've had like the best tacos I've ever had, Like they were real good. Here.
Speaker 1: We need a taco like a taco shootout or something. Give me a shootout, give me something that rhymes with a tea. Top tacos, Yeah, the top taco. There's a place here.
Speaker 3: They the tacos Cubanos here, and I'm just completely throwing shade at the Cubans who are parading around like they're making tacos because they're not. Whatever the fuck they think they're making sucks and it's not tacos. But one of the names of the places is called talking Tacos, and you could do something like that called takin Tacos and do like a series of podcast interviews or something like that. So we're talking and they're doing tacos same time. I like that.
Speaker 1: A taco a series of Taco podcasts. Yeah, that was a really great place in New York. It was in a downtown New York not not necessarily smacking Manhattan, but it was I went to visit Orchard. Shout out to Hami Naji, shout out to everybody over there at uh Orchard. But it was a taco place and it was on a good and they were smack dead and and and down.
Speaker 2: It was in New York City.
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't quite in. It wasn't in No Borroughs. I mean it was Manhattan, I guess, but it was like it actually was surprisingly you know. I don't want to say great, but it was very digestible for a taco in New York.
Speaker 3: Do you think it had anything to do with that guy who was the rapper who was a Mexican that was a snitch from New York, like he got out of the rap game and starting tacos.
Speaker 2: Hell, No, that dude don't know nothing about.
Speaker 3: Being I just couldn't think of his fucking name.
Speaker 2: Six nine.
Speaker 1: That's right, No, Tokashi's dude, he walking around open up to Kashi's he's so mad.
Speaker 3: He should have tacos linguists because he can't keep his mouth shut, and that's all he has is tacos linguists solo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I just realized that.
Speaker 1: I just think that, Uh, I don't like that idea self checked out. I think I think again, we keep suspending some level of quad Like you know, this is why people crazy in the first time. They already have enough time away from humans to where like, you gotta be a different type of mad to kill, you know, to to murder fifty six like dude in Vegas that have fifty to sixty people. You know what I mean, You have to be isolated somewhere for a while, because I get that problem wasn't gonna get solved by self checkout.
Speaker 3: So nothing about that guy said self checkout to me.
Speaker 1: Everything about that guy, that guy been sitting up his house having food delivered to his house.
Speaker 2: There's no way you can.
Speaker 3: Just can't know how to use an app, no chance.
Speaker 2: No way you could kill sixty people if you exchange every day. Huh, No way that.
Speaker 3: Guy knew how to use an app. I think about that guy said app.
Speaker 1: That guy said app, You don't think so nope, everything what him says Amazon and hunting.
Speaker 2: He went and bought guns from hunting places.
Speaker 3: If if you had, if I had seen that guy and heard his profile and all the rest of it, and he's got all these guns and all this shit, you told me he shot up a music festival, the last type of festival I would ever guess in a million years within country music. I would have run out of genres. I'd be like, well, couldn't been country, I was what the fucko? Pop festival? That would be my first guest, Mariachi would have been my second guest.
Speaker 2: Maybe somebody else. He just went to the killer.
Speaker 1: Why usually when white people get that type of mad pete, they end up killing a bunch of white people. That's yeah, that's true, Like the most upset white people, like they just go crazy on white and not just be thinking to myself, like what the fuck was he that upset about?
Speaker 3: He had some sort of a weird marriage fallout or something. Didn't you remember? Like they found this white in like two seconds, Like what the fuck happened? It's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Eminem did a song about him, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I saw it, but I didn't really dig into it. I guess it didn't get my attention. But some of these people just like different.
Speaker 3: But people have been going nuts for a long long time. They're just getting better at it. It's like a learning curve of maniac outbreaks.
Speaker 2: Nuts nutsness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit of one upsmanship, if you will.
Speaker 2: So you would like a world where you go to the store and it's all self checkouts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just just get me in, get me the fuck out.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you don't use more apps. They cost more. You gotta pay for the delivery. And I don't for people to pick out the good ship like I pick out the good ship. That's the other part.
Speaker 3: I'm making very little confidence in others I don't have. I'm not a wealth of self confidence. You could imagine how much less confidence I have in others. If I'm on a one to ten, I have a sense of self confidence as a one there are negative five is everybody else? At best?
Speaker 2: You have no faith in humanity?
Speaker 3: No what they've done for me?
Speaker 2: Oh man, none.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of confidence in them fucking up and fucking me over in so doing.
Speaker 1: But okay, if his produce or meat palls, what else could they mess up?
Speaker 2: But can't it chili?
Speaker 3: Anything? Anything? Just give them the chance. Whatever can be fucked up. It's Murphy's law. Whatever could go wrong will go wrong. For sure. They'll find me a box of cereal with a hole in the bottom of it, and I'll get a quarter of a box of cereal. Whytch, you grab one of the holds the bottom.
Speaker 1: So you don't like that convenience at war because it messes up the quality.
Speaker 3: A little bit. Honestly, I wouldn't pay for it. I wouldn't pay the extra for it.
Speaker 2: That's all just the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it probably would take longer or be comfortable.
Speaker 1: But what about when it has those self checkout robots that come do all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I don't like that because at some point in time I have to be video interacting with the robot, and then that video is stored to a cloud, and I don't need that.
Speaker 1: What if the robot just drops it off at your door and then it just leaves depends on what have you got those self automated cars? No, how long is take for you to try one of those.
Speaker 3: Until I really really know that one of those is gonna show up When I'm out drunk, when you're not drunk, when I'm out drunk, if I'm out drinking and I know this is like three dollars to get home with one of the Motto cars, and yeah, bring them on it, but I don't want to order it on like an app, thinking I'm gonna get an empty car, and then some shithead shows up and I'm like, well, I could drive myself home drunk. I got you here.
Speaker 2: They have a lot of those cars now in La.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe that less than they used to was since they burnt all those ones up.
Speaker 2: They drive so crazy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I was in the traffic next too. I was like, ah, man, I don't like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I got stuck behind one trying to make a right turn for about ten minutes a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: And I know it's a learning curve, but Jesus, Christs seemed like so much to be playing with right now.
Speaker 3: They need more of them here, like for sure, the federal government needs to put its foot down and invest in having a lot more of them here, because as bad as they are the human drivers here, the robots are shitting all over the human drivers' faces in South Florida. I mean, this is a broken system, failed model. As much as people complain about traffic in Los Angeles and how the Nola can drive. People in California know how to fucking drive, and there is a lot of traffic there, but it's usually because you have to go a longer ways.
Speaker 1: With a lot more people. Yeah, so where does your self checkout stop? What about a doctor's office that's hard to do, like an AI, like a AI diagnosis bothering me?
Speaker 3: It depends on what it is.
Speaker 1: What's one thing you wouldn't take AI or like a self checkout type of operation.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not big on AI anything that's requires like high level decision making.
Speaker 1: Because I think it would be cool with a robot to build your burger if you go to five guys.
Speaker 3: Or I'm invested in a company that does that.
Speaker 1: But that don't mean you would eat it. It's people that invest in prison, but they have no desire to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't mean they don't have any desire for people to end up there.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I take the place. It might have closed down. Pasadena have the fully automated restaurant, the model restaurant, but I think they close it down. But yeah, shouldn't camp.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like they're you don't think it takes no skills to make a burger?
Speaker 3: Not not at that level. No, not those kind of burgers. Now, none, At which level burger do it take skills to make? If you're five guys? Can the robot make a five guys burger? Yeah? A robot cannot make a burgers as it would be referred to in Los Angeles. Most of our listener audience quote unquote and this isn't the quote unquote, but my quote unquote as edited. Can black people burgers that are thick that might require a texture or a juiciness or something like that that needs personal touch, but cook it all the way through, flat thin whatever? The fuck? Bang bang bang d da da move on doesn't really.
Speaker 1: In and out, So shout out to in and out because they haven't gave in to AI neither.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in and out would very easily be replaceable by AI. That spot. That's to Nickerson Gardens Hoggins. Yeah, no, no AI over there, that would not you would get a quality dip.
Speaker 2: Okay, what about to work on your car?
Speaker 3: Fuck they make the car they do.
Speaker 2: Seems like a natural progression.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's already enough computer sensory in the car to determine where the problem is. I get it an AIDOL.
Speaker 2: So people, what do people with jobs? How do people get jobs?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How do you take care of humanity in America? If you replace it all for the sake of convenience?
Speaker 2: How do you be a human?
Speaker 1: If you just if there are businesses pursuing maximum profit because they can use a machine versus the natural element. Yes, capitalism is very much a profit thing and it could be evil, but at least to some degree, you're forced to care for some humans, you know in this version.
Speaker 2: But if it goes all ai.
Speaker 1: What is humans gonna do, especially humans that don't have the opportunities to get education? How does this work? God tell me you can't. As much as as much as you're a villain, you're not that type of villain. As much as I what a villain, You're not that type of villain? Are you not the type of villain? Not just somebody left it on the street? You may yep, Well that the next step I'm going How do you how do you care for a society if if you don't, If you don't.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't walk over a dead body on the street, You.
Speaker 1: Will walk over a dead body. But you wouldn't walk over a body dying. Sure I would know you wouldn't call the police.
Speaker 3: No, yes, no chance, Yes, I want no part of that. None.
Speaker 2: You will call the police and leave.
Speaker 3: No, they'll have my number, they'll drag me back, they'll suppe to me back like that.
Speaker 2: But how okay? Mindus that? How do you? How do we do that?
Speaker 3: Well? Because what you would get more is customization stuff, and you would get more of there is still always going to be a large swath of the human consumer that does want that human touch like you have. So then you would just be able to, you know, deploy more direct human touch and more customization and more uniqueness. And you'd also drift more into focus on the creative aspects of marketing, of advertising, of presentation, of all these various things. Because the like while people say AI is always learning, so is the human mind. So what one you know, be it marketing or one ambiance or whatever the hell, You're exposed to it once it's novel, it's new, it's interesting, the second time, you're desensitized to it, the third time, the fourth time. So you need human beings to be in touch with human beings to be able to upload even relay that evolution of thought and opinion into an AI apparats, because the AI apparats is not gonna be able to observe that on his own, no matter what the fuck they coulde into it.
Speaker 1: You just feel like poor people will get the fucking foot again, but even worse this time, people who can't afford that type of stuff, that type edgic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's gonna be interesting. They're in this like largely the same position now anyhow. You know, it'll be a massive, like a massive reduction and cost of goods, so that would help, but like education deficits and whatnot, wealth stratification is largely timeless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just on a protesting themself checkouts.
Speaker 3: I'm just not.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just complaining, But I don't think I'm just because enough humans don't care.
Speaker 3: Sure, most people gravitate to the self checkout.
Speaker 2: You know, every AI movie is.
Speaker 1: The end of humanity, Like there's never a movie where AI humanity works out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, but that's not a real compelling movie.
Speaker 1: Pretty much is probably exactly what's gonna happen. I just don't know how long it's gonna take that.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't worry.
Speaker 1: I don't know if if it's matrix or is it eye robot?
Speaker 3: What what? What?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Is it will be something where you would get some cabal of deviant, malicious masterminds. They would have to hack into the program and like firewall corruption into the AI robots themselves. They think they wouldn't do it themselves. It would have to happen at the end put point. Yeah, and that could happen. And I think that that'll happen a lot like I think like the next phase of like high level military conflicts, because now you're seeing we're gonna you know, drone technology and AI being put into ballistics and all the rest of it. All that means is beyond signal jamming. It's like hacking. Like imagine if you hacked successfully high level US military artillery and turned it against itself like that would be not good. That's what countries will be trying to back and forth against one another you all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, last question, then I'm gonna let it go. Are you in for the self checkout robots? The women robots.
Speaker 3: I'm confused if there's a robot that looks like a woman. Then it's not a self checkout.
Speaker 1: I'll be I be just the AI technology I called it self check out.
Speaker 3: What's that kind to do with the robots?
Speaker 1: Like the sex robots? How they started to make the robots? Yes, how far are you willing to go with this? No, that's that's out, that's too far.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because again it's the same reason why I don't why I haven't converted the prostitutes. Why is that I don't trust the prostitute not to fake it, so I don't get the the ego fulfillment that is necessary for that experience. Same thing with the robot. I'm not good because I just broke off this robot. I feel real good about myself. No, not how it works.
Speaker 1: Then, looking out for tuning into the No Sillers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced about the Black Effect podcast Network and iHeart Radio year