Speaker 1: Ridiculous historians. We are returning to you with this week's classic episode special shout out to folks in Ohio aka the Buckeye State, as well as Michigan. Noel, you've been to Michigan.
Speaker 2: Right, Ben, I have been to Michigan, and you bringing up the Buckeye State reminded me of a conversation we had just the other day about what a hoosier is. It's actually kind of much hotly debated. Some people think it's a connection to the who's here greeting, like who's here?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And then there's a dude named John Finley who popularized the term in a poem called the Hoosier's Nest, And then there are a couple.
Speaker 1: Of other reasons.
Speaker 2: But the word that I learned, Ben, was a demonym, which is a word that is used to describe a native or resident of a particular region. And hoosier is a demonym. So I'm sorry, I just had to share that with the class man.
Speaker 1: I love you for that. We love a specific word. English is full of them. Indiana is technically full of hoosiers. Ohio being the Buckeye State, we learned the etymology of that as well. In our earlier conversation, are the poisonous nut? Right? Yes, a poisonous nut, as some of my ex girlfriends have described me. We'll keep it. This episode, Noel is about the time that Ohio and Michigan almost went to actual war. Yeah, over some lakes, some great ones. Indeed, let's roll the tape, y'all. Ridiculous History is a production of iHeartRadio. State Rivalries. One of my favorite things about traveling around this fair nation of hours is the regardless of what state you find yourself in, you can find another state that most of the people in that state hate. So if you go to Alabama, you'll find a lot of people who hate Georgia. If you go to Georgia, you'll find a lot of people who hate Alabama. Hi. My name is Ben, Hi, my name is Nolan.
Speaker 2: I was just recently in Oregon driving around in a rental car with California plates, and I was counseled that I better tread lightly because that's not a good look. And people from Oregon do not cottonto those city slickers from California crossing over into their fair state.
Speaker 1: And here's the problem.
Speaker 2: The car I was in was a big, giant suv, so a real hog of the road and it had a tear trigger horn, so I was constantly accidentally honking at people in traffic and get some pretty nasty looks.
Speaker 1: Well, listeners, super producer Casey Pegrim, and I can assure you that that Noel is a responsible driver and you don't just lay on your horn. You know, it's tough when you're driving a rental car. And you're right. You're right about California. A lot of people have been moving to Oregon, especially the western part of the state by the coast. And when I had spent time in Portland, that's one thing everybody got behind. They were like, Oh, he's Californians CANi coming in here taking over our state. Stay on the four O five. So today's story is a story about state rivalry, but it's not about that kind of you know, funny. Let's tell a one liner joke sort of rivalry. What do we mean by one liner joke? I'll tell an example that makes fun of Georgia. Since this is our state, of course, we don't want to offend anybody. So let's say you're in Alabama, you're in Florida, and someone says, hey, did you hear about that hurricane that hit Savannah and they say, no, what happened? So while it did like millions of dollars worth of improvements, that's a that's a joke that you hear thrown around a lot.
Speaker 2: Savannah's beautiful city, though, Ben, who would say that about Savannah? Who would say that? I don't know, jerks, who are these monsters? Well, they're jokes. Savannah is a town with a lot of history. It's got a weird vibe.
Speaker 1: And there's a like a nuclear weapon lost off the coast there. Did you know that? I didn't, but I know there's a lot of ghosts there.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, it goes one of those ghosty port towns like New Orleans.
Speaker 1: M And it's oh, man, yeah, we should we should go down there. We should go down there on a ridiculous history field trip. We could do a ghost tour. We could do a ghost tour. I think I think it's in the budget. What do you say, let's do it? Case he are you down for a ghost tour? I'd love to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Savers going to Hawaii, they can at least send us to Savannah for a ghost tour.
Speaker 1: That really Savers a food, lifestyle and travel show. It's also involves food science.
Speaker 2: You check it out if you're at a chance see your friends Lauren Vogel bamb In any race.
Speaker 1: Who are going to Hawaii. That is true. I asked them to bring back some spam for me. We'll see. You know they still spam here in the States. Yeah, but it's different. There are more flavors in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you specifically ask for a flavor or just like, gimme get weird with it?
Speaker 1: Say give me one that I can't get in the States. Sol.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like all those different flavors of kit kats that you can only get in Japan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a bag of those if I desk. I really like the green tea ones. Green tea is good. I get hipped to banana. Also, Hawaii is, I think, per capita, the world's largest consumer of spam. Remember when we did an episode on spam with Nanny from Savor and.
Speaker 2: We talked about how they have to keep it under lock and key because it's such a non perishable item that they can just flip it out of their trunks once they you know, do a big spam heist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to have spam in my go bag. But the weight ratio is anyway anyway, anyway, State rivals rights, state rivalries. Today's episode is about a state rivalry. It is about the fair states of Ohio and Michigan, who nowadays knowel neither of us are big football fanatics football football, yes, American football tatics. Yeah, neither of us are huge American football fanatics. Nowhere near as insane and rabbit about it as Casey Pegrim is. But even we know that Michigan and Ohio are famous for how much their college football teams hate each other.
Speaker 2: I only knew it because it says it right here on this out line. Yeah, that's how you and I know that that's right. But it's true, and who knows, I mean, perhaps the rivalry in question today has had a historical hold on the relationship between these two states and has you know, I would say a football rivalry or a little healthy joshing around between you know, rough and tumble footballers, is a lot healthier and safer than what has been described as the Till War, a clash between Ohiolands. And I'm gonna go with my favorite Michiganders because in our research material. Sometimes it says Michiganians, and sometimes I Michiganders.
Speaker 1: Michigan Michiganders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right in any Michigan folk, let us know what ones you prefer. But this conflict took place in eighteen thirty five, and it had to do with the fact that both Ohio, which was a state at the time, and Michigan, which was not yet a state at the time, both thought they owned this little strip of land. It's almost like a gaza strip kind of situation between two warring nations, only this case it's you know, there's there's states in a state, in a not quite yet state, and there's this little strip of land between them that each of them feel like they have a claim to, right right.
Speaker 1: This was a long time in coming, and it's a it's based on a series of misunderstandings. First off, I love the name Toledo War. It sounds like it's the name of an album. In seventeen eighty seven, the US Congress drafted what they called the Northwest Ordinance, and the Northwest Ordinance said that two hundred and sixty thousand square miles of territory around the Great Lakes would be carved into a handful of states. The law also said that the border between Ohio and Michigan was to run on a quote east and west line drawn through the southerly bend or extreme of Lake Michigan until it intersected with Lake Erie. However, they did a bad job. They did a piss poor job because the problem is that the maps they had were wrong. Lake Michigan's southern tip on the map, one of the best maps at the time that they used, which was called the Mitchell Map. You can look it up today. The Lake Michigan that was on the map was actually several miles north of where it is in the world or on the planet. And so so Congress got it wrong and they didn't know in a minute Congress did what Yeah, I know, I know. I thought they were infallible. It was the one time Congress got it wrong, and they didn't know that they got it wrong until eighteen o two years and years later, And it was because of a fur trapper who said, hey, guys, actually got the line wrong. This is going to come back to bite you in the future. Listen to me. I'm I'm a trapper. Professionally, I'm telling you you guys are trapping yourselves and how did they react? Well, we know it wasn't resolved. Well, first of all, I got I got a backtrack slightly.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, did this fur trapper with you know, just just waltz into Congress and announce these findings. Say hey, hey, you guys, it's me Raoul the fur Trapper. I got something to tell you. Or was he employed by them? Was he sent to what's the word survey the land? Because the surveyors come in a little later. Sorry if I'm getting caught up in semantics here, I just can't pick sure. Raoul the fur Trapper just waltzing into Connor and saying, listen here, this is going to be a real problem.
Speaker 1: He did. I like the name Raoul, and we don't have the exact name for this guy. Apparently delegates from the Ohio Constitutional Convention received reports from him, so he did not stroll into the halls of Federal Congers.
Speaker 2: I see, he had a correspondence going on with him. He was some in some form their representative, and he had he had a lot of stuff going on already.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. He can't watch every falling sparrow or border dispute. But you said, you said there there was another important thing happening here, which is that these territories, these areas around the lakes were not states. Ohio finally became a state in what eighteen oh three, and so Ohio said, when it became a state, it specified something about this border in its constitution. So the fur trapper says, the line I actually falls south of the Maumi River, and Ohio says, we own the land around this no matter what future surveys show. And then the Michigan Territory is formed and the government of the Michigan Territory says, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, Ohio, watch yourself, because that Mitchell map is wrong. We have newer, better maps and they show that this region is ours. This is Michigan Territory, so step off seriously.
Speaker 2: So things only got worse because in the eighteen tens they sent a pair of land.
Speaker 1: Surveyors well actually I guess one from each.
Speaker 2: Side, yeah yeah, yeah, one from each side, and of course they came to two different conclusions no way, yeah yeah, about the location where this border would be. And that's when this strip became a thing, this gaza strip esque area of land a four hundred and sixty eight square mile slice known as the Toledo Strip that was officially being claimed very aggressively actually, as it would turn out, by both Ohio and what was then called the Michigan Territory.
Speaker 1: So, okay, sure, maps get things wrong. People are fallible. Can't they just sit down together and work it out? Well, they could if it were an arbitrary mistake. The problem is they both have skin in the game. They both have a horse in the race. They both want a badger in the bag here, because they wanted to control this area that it would later become Toledo and the river. You see. By eighteen twenty five, the completion of the Erie Canal linked the Great Lakes to the east coast Ecteamo on the Arico.
Speaker 2: Now that one, Yeah, it's an all song kind of like in the company store. We're trying to ground it and like you know lore, Yeah, and folks, folks, folks songs.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: No, this is very, very very valuable position to hold in terms of trade. Right, yeah, absolutely, you're absolutely right. So Toledo at this point is a growing village. It's the largest port on Lake Erie's western side, and that means it could be a financial windfall. So of course both Michigan and Ohio want to tighten their grip on it. And just like just like the border disputes we see in more recent years, they try a number of things right to legitimize their claim, both in the eyes of the people living there and in terms of just pure infrastructure. So the Michigan territory, because still not a state yet, is constructing roads, it's sending people on purpose to live there to sort of take over the land. It's holding election, it's collecting taxes. Really put in the cart before the old horse, there isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like a boots flexing that claim, right. It is not an ethical way to gain territory. It is an unfortunately common way that human beings have done this in the past and the modern day. Just say like, let's if we send enough of quote unquote our people to a place that we don't own and have them live there, but eventually it's ours.
Speaker 2: This isn't the moon, you know. This isn't like a far removed location. This isn't a colony that is completely disconnected from day to day life. This is a very small strip of land right between these two places where presumably human beings live, and it became very evident that both sides wanted to protect their claim physically if necessary.
Speaker 1: Right, right, and Ohio. Ohio tries a different strategy. They're doing some of the same things the Michigan territory, but Ohio is already a state, so they have a pretty pretty significant advantage. They go to Washington like that fur trapper who never made it. Yeah. Right, Well, so they go to the halls of federal power and they say, look, a deal is a deal, is a deal. When we became a state, we put this in our instruction manual or their constitution. Rather, you guys screwed up. You guys screwed up. That's not on us. Toledo is and will always be a part of Ohio as God intended it. In fact, in the early eighteen thirties, members of Congress from Ohio blocked a Michigan petition for statehood and tried to hold the Toledo strip, which they called it a hostage, and they said, look, you can't be a state. They didn't say give up Toledo. They said unless you admit that Toledo is ours. I mean, if we're being honest here, it's pretty scrappy of non state Michigan here, the way they're flexing on this claim, knowing that they themselves don't even have statehood yet, and that they're poking the bear in more ways than one. Right, Yeah, exactly. In eighteen thirty three, the US becomes divided on the issue the entirety of Congress. So the Senate says, okay, we're team Ohio. We side with Ohio. But the House of Representatives says, well, well, like, we're not just going to go along with you, guys. And then people say, Stevens Mason. That's his name, Stevens, that's Stevens.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get into some other really amazing names in this story later, but yeah, Stephens Mason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the governor of the Michigan Territory again still not a state. And he says, hey, look, let's get a commission together to try to work this out. I think it's so funny, Stevens Mason. It should be flipped. It should be Mason Stevens. Yeah. It's the last name, first name, first name, last name vibe very like more than one. I have a I have a good friend whose name is Jame. He's just like what one James.
Speaker 2: Well, that was the name of Buffalo Bill in the Sounds of the Lambs movie.
Speaker 1: His name was Jame. Gum, isn't that right? Casey Goodbye Horses, That's right. Oh I thought it was James. No, it was Jame. Oh weird. I just rewatched the chase scene from that.
Speaker 2: I just rewatched the.
Speaker 1: The mirror scene, the case, not the mirror see. Of course, the.
Speaker 2: Mirror se That's the most iconic moment from that movie. That's the one part everyone remembers. Good Bye Horses and the mirror scene.
Speaker 1: I I remember the lotion on the skin part. That's also a good one. Did you know Anthony Hopkins is only in that movie like fourteen or fifteen minutes? Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yeah's hes a, he's a I mean, but it's it's a very powerful fourteen or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: It's true, uh speak powerful powerful fourteen or fifteen minutes. We have to wonder how long Governor Robert Lucas of Ohio took to evaluate Mason's appeal. Not that long. He pretty much instantly refused it. He said, we do not negotiate, and then he said, furthermore, in eighteen thirty five. This is when everything started to go really off the rails. He said, We're going to form our own county on the Toledo Strips. Now, don't call it the Toledo Strip now, it's Lucas County, Ohio. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Michigan flexes back against against Ohio, against Lucas and acts this series of laws called the Pains and Penalties Acts. And that's in February of eighteen thirty five, a law that said anyone found hanging out in said strip that supported Ohio could be sent to jail for up to five years and find a grand which at the time would have been equivalent to about twenty five thousand dollars. So Mason gets a thousand men a militia and stations them right inside of this area. And then Lucas, you know, maybe having access to fear men or thinking that it wasn't that big a deal because they, you know, we're big old state boys, sent six hundred men just to make sure that there wasn't some sort of like out and out blood bath.
Speaker 1: This is looking bad, really is oh Also, we should mention the governor of the not quite a state, Michigan territory. Stevens Mason. He is twenty three years old.
Speaker 2: Don't they call him the boy King or something like that, Golden, the Boy Governor, the boy Governor.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah. So so now we have military forces moving in and this weird hearts and minds law supporting the state of Ohio. What does that mean? That can mean anything from being an official of the county they proposed Lucas County to say, Hey, I live in Toledo and I'm in Ohio.
Speaker 2: And also it's got that very kind of like gestapoy kind of idea of like what if you're just caught paling around with somebody from the other side. You know what if someone names n and you're one of the names, what gets name?
Speaker 1: Next thing? You know, you're sitting in the clink for five years and you're you know, one thousand dollars in debt which will be incredibly difficult to pay off. So the federal government tries to get these people to get along, despite the fact they're already active militias in the area. So on April ninth, eighteen thirty five, a posse led by a sheriff from Michigan rode into Toledo, and they did just what they were talking about. They arrested several state officials from Ohio and then newspapers who you imagine have to have loved the headline potential here. Newspapers said that an Ohio flag was torn down, dragged through the streets, and burned. People are poed. Really a lawless.
Speaker 2: Zone here, you know, because no one knows who's in charge, so everyone's kind of in charge, or it's kind I mean, it really is like a Wild West.
Speaker 1: Gone situation, but just in this little strip. So it escalates.
Speaker 2: My friend involves another sheriff from Michigan, this time a man named Joseph Wood, who attempts to enforce this pain and Penalties Act by arresting Major Benjamin Stickney, loving that name because he voted in an Ohio election.
Speaker 1: And this is fantastic the names. This is the name Dickney's sons, who are named one Stickney and two Stickney like the numbers O N E T W O. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They join in with their pops Stickney Sr. And they resist being arrested, and they they stab sheriff would with.
Speaker 1: A pocket knife, but not fatally. No, it's a it's a but a flesh wound. Really right, tis only a scratch? This but a scratch? Uh, funny story. I've got a I had a great aunt whose name was nine. Really, that's pretty cool. I like the idea of numbers for names. Me too, I met I met a dude named seven and he was so cool. He was not related to me. I only have one number name in my family. I like the name four. You like the name four? Huh? I mean six? A character on Blossom? There's six Smith in Cloud Atlas. Oh, okay, I haven't seen that. Yeah, I don't know. I'm partially for some reason, I'm partial to odd numbers for names. This has nothing to do with Michigan. In Ohio's Toledo War, what do you think is a great number for a name?
Speaker 2: There was a character named six on Blossom and he was six Lemeur played by oh Jenna von Oi.
Speaker 1: Another great name. These are great names. Yeah, I would go with a I would go with a nine or maybe a three. Yeah, I would go with the name three. Casey, do you have a number that you you think would make a good name? Twenty seven? I knew you were gonna Okay, Casey on the case he's thought about it, folks, He's thought about this lot. So this is the first violent physical altercation when the Michigan Sheriff Joseph Wood and Benjamin Stickney and co. Get beefed up, and now Sheriff Wood is remembered as the one injury casualty in the Toledo War. So the Ohio Governor Lucas announced his intentions to hold the court session in Toledo. So they were gonna hold a session in a court.
Speaker 2: Of law, like I said, like a hearing kind of, right, yeah, kind of like a kangaroo court.
Speaker 1: It's not like he's going to have a stunning plot twist. Karoo courts just seems so cute and fun to me idea, but they're not at all. No, They're very railroady and sort of a mockery of justice, right, right. Do you know where that comes from? A lot of people think it comes from Australia.
Speaker 2: Predictably because the only not just to stereotype because of kangaroos. I would have thought it maybe came from the fact that it was a penal colony, right, and maybe you know, it was the idea of giving someone not a fair trial and throwing them onto a penal colony.
Speaker 1: Is that not true? It's it's not true, which is weird because it's it's something I believe for years too. The first published instance of the term kangaroo court comes from nineteen or eighteen fifty three rather, and it may have been popularized during the California gold Rush because a lot of Australians went to the California gold Rush and then they would have, you know, accusations of claim jumping, so claim jumping and hastily proceeding through the legal system, perhaps by leaps and bounds like a kangaroo. That's right. I'm like, yeah, they may leap and bound, right, so they would jump over or ignore evidence that would be in favor of the defendant. But people don't really know. That's just another theory. I think the most widely believed one is the penal colony, but apparently that's the timing doesn't work out. Ben.
Speaker 2: I just went down a bit of a mini internet rabbit hole when I was looking into the origins of kangaroo courts, and I discovered that in Germany, the Third Reich would hold their versions of kangaroo courts, and you know what they were called.
Speaker 1: Ben what were they called. They were called the People's Court, but not with Judge Wapner. I think I've seen this. Yeah, you know what show I missed as well. I watched, I listened to the I listened to the intro theme song for it all the time. Night Court. I'll probably never actually watch Night Court. It probably hasn't aged well since Dan Fielding is pretty much in a Sexual Predator. Oh yeah, but but that intro music is so great. I wish we could play it anyhow. So he has this kind of fake court set up to supposedly legitimize Ohio's claim. This is the governor. This is the Governor Lucas of Ohio, and the boy Gov Stevens. Mason's hears about this, and he marches twelve hundred militiamen called Wolverines onto the Toledo Strip and they are prepared, the Michiganders, to use violent force to stop this court session from taking place. They get there on September seventh of eighteen thirty five, and then they find out they have been outsmarted.
Speaker 2: It's true because the Ohioans had already done these court proceedings in secret at the witching hour. It was a midnight court session and then just booked it out of there because they didn't want to get slaughtered right right.
Speaker 1: So, according to history dot com, the court incident marked the last gasp of armed hostilities in the Toledo War. Uncle Sam's representatives say, hey, Ohio, Michigan, why don't you guys jointly govern the territory until Congress can make a permanent decision on the issue. Ohio says, all right, cool, dope, let's do that. But at the same time, while they said that was okay, they authorized three hundred thousand dollars to the Ohio militia to seize the territory if Michigan said no. And Michigan said no, so the Ohio militia moved to the south bank of the river and faced off with Michigan's military on the north side. And then the president had had enough. Andrew Jackson, president at the time, said this is bonkers. This is bananas, this is malarkey. I am removing slash firing the boy governor. Ooh, how do you do that?
Speaker 2: That's a bit of a legal reach, isn't it just to say I unequivocally, as the President, remove you from your duly elected office. Didn't seem like that would go over very well. And then installm and to install my guy.
Speaker 1: Right, that's right. It does seem like an overreach of you know, but that's what happened, and Mason was replaced by a fellow named John Horner. John Horner, I don't know if we would say completely mended the offences, but he worked with the Ohio governor to reach a okay conclusion to the dispute, and Ohio was happy. The people of Michigan were not. They hated this guy. They despised him. They would see him in the street and verbally abuse him. They hanged effigies of him on multiple occasions, and they immediately voted Stevens. Mason, the boy governor, back into office. So this debate raged on, and a lot of it focused on Michigan's you know, ongoing plea to be made a state. And that was really the deciding factor here because on December fourteenth, eighteen thirty six, Michigan did eventually accept a congressional compromise and they said, okay, we will give up the Toledo Strip if we are admitted to the Union as the twenty sixth state. And with that Toledo became part of the state of Ohio. Michigan didn't just give that up for statehood. They also got some land right in the upper Peninsula.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's between Lake Michigan and Lake Superior. The thing is, though the Michiganers weren't super thrilled about this.
Speaker 1: They thought it was kind of.
Speaker 2: A raw deal because the Detroit Free Press at the time had categorized this Upper peninsular area as a barren waste land of perpetual snows. But you know, as history has a tendency to do, kind of softened things a little bit when they discovered some precious mineable materials in the form of copper and iron ore. So it turned out to be not a not a bad trade, not a complete wash.
Speaker 1: And there we have it, folks. The Toledo War, nowadays is remembered as the most ferocious conflict in Ohio Michigan history, even worse than the college football rivalries. But this was not the last time the states clash over their borders. These folks have legitimate boundary issues. The precise location of their land boundary was still a constant subject of contention argument until nineteen fifteen. They had to have a new government survey, and the governors celebrated the resolution by shaking hands across the border. See and in nineteen sixty five the lieutenant governors repeated the ceremony.
Speaker 2: That's nice, like many hands across America thing hey, and here will come full circle. You know, there were occasional legal battles between the states up until nineteen seventy three, when a Supreme Court ruling resolved any claims to the waters of Eerie. Now those tensions, as historical tensions are pretty much dealt with in those college football rivalries we talked about at the top of the.
Speaker 1: Show, the Toledo War. There you have it. So this ends today's episode, but not our show. We would love to hear some of your favorite stories of state rivalries in the US, or you know, country rivalries, county province rivalries anywhere throughout the world, because as we know, at least here in the States, it's a huge ongoing issue and every state has at least one other state that they despise for one reason or another. You can let us know on our email. We are ridiculous at iHeartRadio dot com. You can find us on Instagram and You can find us, most importantly your fellow listeners on our Facebook page, Ridiculous Historians.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you can check us out individually on Instagram if you like, follow our various exploits.
Speaker 1: I am at embryonic insider. I am at Ben Bolin with a lot of stuff on there that's probably gonna ruin my political ambitions later in life.
Speaker 2: Oh surely not, Ben, surely not. You're just a full human person, very rich life experiences.
Speaker 1: That's very kind. I, like many people do, try to emulate Casey Pegram Oh, speaking of that guy, Hey, Casey, thanks so much for, as always, saving the show. We'd also like to thank Gabe, our research associate.
Speaker 2: I would like to thank Alex Williams who composed our theme, Christopher Hasiotis who is here in spirit, and Jonathan Stricklam the Quister, and as usual, Ben Bolland thanks to you for being a friend and all the other lyrics to the Golden Girl theme that I will never never remember.
Speaker 1: Why don't you ever remember it's a great song.
Speaker 2: You said it wasn't that great a song, and it's the full song is not great, But the TV version just for the intro is spot off. Pretty heartwarming, especially when paired with the you know clips of these women and their anti It really does warm the cockles.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna say this even though it's late and we probably should have said it earlier. You know, it's here in the US. Mother's Day happened this weekend, and I just want to say thanks to all the moms listening. Yes, thanks to everyone with the mom. And you know, if you didn't get a chance, you didn't get a chance to call her. This is maybe a week a week late now that you're hearing this, but if you didn't get a chance to say hello, just just give her a ring, drop by and see her. We both hung out, well, all three of us hung out with our moms recently and had a heck of a time. No, my mom even almost came to my improv show, which was a weird flex Ben.
Speaker 2: I would have come to your improv show as well if I wasn't already entertaining my mom and daughter.
Speaker 1: You know, and my daughter's ten.
Speaker 2: I don't think the improv stuff you guys would have don would have been quite age appropriate her. But very soon, when she's I'm going to say thirteen, you can go to our first improv show.
Speaker 1: Okay, all of us listening now who have ever done improv know that it can be it can be tiresome to continually invite your friends to improv. So never feel, you know, we improvise enough together on the show, Noll. Never feel obligated or anything other than invited to that kind of that kind of outside of workstick you know what I mean, I do.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we'll see you next time, folks. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows,