Speaker 1: Are we rolling ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Busting with the Boys Episode one six.
Speaker 2: Kind of fucking not so many as in one hundred and forty seven, but we've done a lot these last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been so many. What the fuck is even going?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff that we got to talk to you guys about that's gonna beautiful, amazing and wonderful. But before we get into that, we obviously have to talk about the most durable YO vehicle on the market, and that is the Chevy Sivado are presenting sponsor of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Should I read this or should I just say how great?
Speaker 2: Well, it is almost draft day and they got a couple little they got a couple little deals on it.
Speaker 1: It's almost drafted, and everybody's got an idea of what their team needs. If you're looking to give your own team a winning season, you need the new twenty twenty two Chevy Silverado from the popular LT model all the way up to the top Tier, Top Wait, top of the line high Country. These new twenty twenty two Chevy Sevrado's are have a redesigned interior which gives the cabin a spacious and more premium feel, available in thirteen point four inch diagonal touchscreen.
Speaker 3: Don't know why that was so difficult.
Speaker 1: Silverado also offers twelve point three inch Reconfigure Driver Information Center for new levels of personalization. Strap on the cleats and get off road in Chevy's most capable off road pickup the first ever Silverado ZR two next level off road capability right from the factory with multi Matic that's a tough word. Multimatic DSSV dampers for more suspension travel front and rear electric looking differentials ensure that max power. I should have read this first. Make sure that max power goes to all the wheels. Aggressive off road cut okay, aggressive off road cut, front bumper and large underbody skid plate. Silverado is as strong and dependable as the people that drive them. Put some muscle off your team and make your story strong.
Speaker 3: Make your story a strong one.
Speaker 1: And the new twenty twenty two seishivy Seerrado Sevado strong Advance, dependable, hard work here. I tell you what, dude, doesn't matter how many studies that master honey fans or but I am.
Speaker 3: Still gonna get through that thing. Oh that was fucking That was awesome. I was fucking that was fucking awesome. I don't know if you can curse them.
Speaker 2: The better you sit up, even more upright, you get even closer. You started to see the glistening of the sweat car. Yeah, I was hurting, and I'm thinking of myself too, Like you, you've the last few times like you've done a great job. You've like read them before, so then you just knock it out of the plor that one you went straight back to the always say no looking, no nothing, just look right at the uh.
Speaker 3: Look right at the screen and try to read it all super tough.
Speaker 4: That was fun.
Speaker 3: It was very difficult.
Speaker 1: But I still believe in the Chevy Soeverrado, and I knew the whole time I was reading it. I was like, hey, might look like an absolute fucking idiot right now. At least you're doing God's work with the Chevy Silverrado.
Speaker 2: I think people are gonna enjoy it. I think people enjoy stuff like that more. That's me personally, Like if I'm listening, I'm giggling the whole time. Everyone likes making fun of an idiot. You know what I'm saying here, I am soaked me in.
Speaker 3: The draft day. Draft day is coming up.
Speaker 1: I know it's I'm stoked about it since it's Wednesday that everybody's listening.
Speaker 3: The draft day.
Speaker 1: Draft days Thursday, right, Jeff, is a week from Thursday. Oh so we still got a week here, We still got a week this week.
Speaker 4: No, it's uh this way, that's the mind.
Speaker 3: I'm like, carry the one, bro, God fucking energy is a little different in here right now. Well you say that just because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's sause I'm tired and I'm quitting Zen's right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, why why are you quitting?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 3: No joke, I was.
Speaker 1: It was yesterday, it was Easter, and I'm I put my daughter to sleep, and I had four fucking two top deck, two bottom deck.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I gotta sit down. I'm like I gotta go do this.
Speaker 4: And I was like I don't.
Speaker 1: Really want to, and I'm like, fuck this, dude, Why am I doing this? Ship and went over trash can dumped him out and I was like, I'm fucking dumb with zins, flushed the toilet, take the can, throw it outside, then went and got it and threw it in the trash can, and then like three hours went by, gonna let let's unpackt it. That seems like a bit of a deal. You just snapped all of a sudden, All of a sudden, I get dude, I did. I did that with chew I did that with pretty much just chew proof. And then the four other times I quit Zens too.
Speaker 4: Is uh.
Speaker 1: I've always like it's like I'm doing it, everything's all good. And I was a sudden like why am I doing this? I should not be doing this. I just stopped.
Speaker 3: You don't think you'll get back once you around the boys in the facility? No, No, All I have to do is get past these next three days.
Speaker 1: And I'm straight, but I will tell you I feel a little foggy behind the eyes, and I feel a little irritated and a little more tired. Oh so it's tough. It's tough, but I had to last what forty eight more hours? And then I also hate the fact of being like something controlling me. I can't stand that something has a hold of me the way it does.
Speaker 3: Right now, like this ends, you're saying the zens have so much power over you, you have.
Speaker 1: So much power over me, And I just gotta take that power away. I love that, you know what I'm saying. It was, but that was a That's probably why my mood is the way it is.
Speaker 3: Right now, Let's say this though, How is this done? Yeah, you'll ever do it again?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Never, you know what I mean. You already said you quit.
Speaker 1: I will for sure not do it until twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: Three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying it will be longer than that, but you never know if you're just like yeah, I mean, let me get she.
Speaker 1: Was saying never because it's so difficult and it's so easy to get trapped into these motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's fucking you're.
Speaker 1: Taking the power back. You're taking the power back. I'm taking the power back. That is true, and I appreciate you just seeing my truth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's awesome. I think that's also when you're quitting. Yeah, like my dad, when he quits suf, he goes cold turkey. I know I've said it before, but when he quits you obviously he now choose again.
Speaker 3: But when she's the hardest thing to quit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when he quit one time, it was cold turkey and he would literally take raw oats, raw oatmeal. The oats and put in his lip because you just apparently like everybody, they just gotta have some in their lip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's an oral fixation you have that you have there. It's like you're so used to doing one thing, fucking oats. It's really not that crazy of an idea. I've heard people putting grass in their in their mouth, just like actually taking grass from the ground. No, when I quit chew, I just fucking I was like, I'm done, because I remember when I was in Brandington, California, Brandington, Florida at IMG Academy and me and Zach Mettenberger had this gallon of a gallon of water that I drank on the way down there, and.
Speaker 3: I kept it, who's your girlfriend? At the time, I was dating Reagan. Why does that matter?
Speaker 1: Because every story you have you always have this just this girl, that first and last name that you always just I know, I was always relationship, but I actually wasn't dating Ringgan. It was one of the funny to me, it was one of the very short one of the very short times in my life I was single.
Speaker 3: I me and Karen just broke up.
Speaker 1: Me and Ring're kind of talking, but that wasn't really a thing, and uh, I had this gallon of water, and what basically what I did was, uh, I would chew and I would spit in that gawn of water. And I filled that fucking gallon of water all the way up with my chew and my spit. It was disgusting. But it took me like it took me, like, Bro, no joke, two weeks, not very long at all, if that's the true, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And so weeks to fill it up.
Speaker 1: Two weeks filled up. It's just got to the top. I was like, I'm done, and I was. I just stopped doing it.
Speaker 2: Bro, There's nothing more disgusting than having one of those homies that have all their fucking spinners sitting around.
Speaker 3: Bro especial an office of line thing too.
Speaker 2: God, you get in the car or something, somebody leaves are spitner in there. Oh my fucking god. I just remembered one time I took it. I fucking drank out of my dad's spinner once.
Speaker 3: How gross.
Speaker 2: Oh, if fucking wanted to come on, So this is like, well, this is like a couple of years ago, It's not that long ago.
Speaker 1: He starts with, Oh, my fucking God, and then goes, oh, I want to kill myself.
Speaker 2: Bro, it was you know what I'm saying, Like, imagine that, like you just grab a fucking spinner you think it's I don't know what the fuck I thought it was.
Speaker 1: And I took a big swig and I, oh my, I just realized this. My dad's fucking spit in. It hurts my stomach just to hear you talk about it right now.
Speaker 3: Fucking disgusting and you spit it out.
Speaker 2: But you want to gag yourself and just puke whatever the fuck is even in your stomach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially because you if you haven't, if you don't have tobacco and nicotina in your system already to put that in there, you're asking to throw up basically.
Speaker 3: That's bro. You're asking for what kind of house cleaning we got? I know, we know we've got a lot of stuff coming up.
Speaker 1: One big thing is the Boys have finally hit their last final tour of the Bust and Spring Tour, which was absolutely huge. Yeah, we went to uh, we were in Nebraska, and then we were in Michigan and then now this past Wednesday. So you guys listening to this right now. A week ago we were there. We went and uh saw the facilities at the University of Tennessee and Knoxville, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Like I said before, I think I've said this oorng is not my color. I don't think oreg is a cool color.
Speaker 1: I'm not a big fan of it. I went there and I fucking loved it. I thought it was outstanding. I thought the the coaches were great. I think your boy Eckler was awesome. I think Coach Hype was great. I think watching those guys just kind of grind through it and the way they led us into the facility and on the practice field was amazing. But we got uh, it's already premiered, you guys, it's already happened. But the Hogs, we had two offense linemen on there, Cooper Mays and Jerome what Carvin Carvin so and I've heard a lot of good things about Jerome. Yeah, he heard good things about Cooper too, but I weren't on the street. Is that Jerome kid's gonna be a bit of a stud. So if you guys just want to jump over there and listen to that. We also have coach Coach v who's playing at play at six pm tonight.
Speaker 3: What's Monday right now?
Speaker 4: How you guys will know it's already?
Speaker 3: How funny is it?
Speaker 2: Bro he got kicked out of the game, I say, in the first inning, first out of him.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Put his dick it right up on him, right up on him, dude. I think it's hilarious that coaches also wear the uniform. I wish they did that in football too. Yeah, Rabel Shiller pads on his ship, thipads and thigh pads. Getting mad at him for not wearing the thigh pads. A little spillage. But I think Coach v was awesome. Uh, Coach Hypel, he was awesome. I think every volunteer fan, we obviously have a lot of them based on where we're at geographically on this earth.
Speaker 3: I think you guys are really gonna enjoy him. He was great.
Speaker 1: Very uh, very sec ford, very sec forward guy.
Speaker 3: He was baked.
Speaker 1: I'm coach Eckler is Yeah, man's fit for a straight check. Let's just be totally honest. That guy he is. He is, He's a crazy animal. By the time else comes out, what's what's going.
Speaker 4: To be out?
Speaker 1: Everything's out? Everything you're listening right now. All the interviews are out, So I was just making sure because I knew that two were premiering today, which is Monday, but the other two are gonna be pre premiering on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Monday, Monday evening. They're all out, So go check all that shit out. You want to help the boys out, please continue if you're on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, unsubscribed, resubscribe or unfollow, refollow, whatever the whatever it is now and on YouTube, please make sure to subscribe to the boys. That's what helps us out a lot. Uh, but great interviews we thought, I know are under the hood that'll come out tomorrow. You're listening on Wednesday. The Underhood will come out? Is it tomorrow? Right on Thursday?
Speaker 1: A lot of house slanning items, a lot of house splanning ours.
Speaker 3: Either way, under the hood will be out.
Speaker 2: But we had there's a consensus we thought these interviews were the best ones.
Speaker 3: I do think it's hilarious. It's right that guesses we all talked.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I do think it's hilarious that coach v Is. We joked about his mean streak and him being Italian. He can't help it. He just yeah, yeah, it's fucking mad. And now he suspended for four games. So he's suspended as we're dropping this pod right now.
Speaker 3: But go check all that shit out. It was awesome. We had a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: One last thing that I'm doing a lot of stuff is I'm a fucking.
Speaker 3: Tennessee volunteer baseball fan.
Speaker 1: Now, oh yeah, I have, and my emotions in my heart can be bought in this stage of my life where I am with baseball real quickly. But as that stands right now, I am a volunteer baseball fan. Yeah, I say we when I talk about our baseball games. That's how fucking invested I am. Right now, I want those boys to go all the way. It is donkeyed Alabama's bitch ass twelve to three or something like that. Look Alabama, dude, with football, you nerds.
Speaker 3: Also, what about Sunday Live Show? That's right, this Sundays life though it doesn't even matter, that's true. I need to promote.
Speaker 1: Sunday Live show. Will Will and Taylor have done zero preparation for the show. I know, I know what we're gonna do. Hopefully this zen hangover gets out of here before I can fucking that.
Speaker 3: We got forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: We have forty ho what are you talking about? Forty eight hours for you to get out of your fit, for you to get Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's hope to God. Let's hope to God.
Speaker 1: But yeah, absolutely the live shows Zany's This Sunday gonna be very cool. It might be trash also, but we're gonna absolutely love it and embrace.
Speaker 4: The whole time.
Speaker 3: Fucking laugh your asses off. It's gonna be a blast.
Speaker 1: And if you if it's not funny and your Tier one, laugh extra fucking heart at our jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I love God.
Speaker 2: Please we should have some fun stuff that we got. We have ideas we've talked about, but we truly have not done fucking dick for it.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Another announcement because this bus and Spring Torn stuff has went so well, you guys, Oh, not a lot of drop off from listening to our normal drop hours of every Wednesday to all the busts and Spring interviews because we dropped.
Speaker 3: They can't waitload of them wait to hear what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: But the boys are bringing you a bonus episode starting the first week of May.
Speaker 3: We're no, We're not doing bonus episodes. We're doing correct, We're doing that actable bus with the boys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna start doing two episodes a week, releasing on Tuesday and Thursday. Correct, Tuesday and Thursday, first week of May for eight weeks, yes, first week.
Speaker 3: Of May, all the way through the end of Gery and we'll be going twice a week.
Speaker 2: And like Taylor said, Tuesdays and Thursdays will be the new drop days.
Speaker 1: So that way we can bring you, guys, double the heat and double the fun. Double the heat, double the fun, and twice the subscriptions. Am I right?
Speaker 3: Am I right? Boys and girls double?
Speaker 1: Should we hit an ad real quick before we jump into our shout out?
Speaker 3: No free shoutout of the week. There we go.
Speaker 2: If you've been looking the level up your financial portfolio, it's always fader to diversify. Shout out Coinbase, no free shoutouts? Why not think about cryptocurrency. Backed by the world's leading investors, Coinbase keeps your portfolio safe and secure while adding crypto into the mix. Coinbase offers a trusted, it easy to use platform to buy, sell, and spend cryptocurrency. The user experiences top of the line and includes multiple resources to keep the user up to date on crypto world. On the crypto World, support the most popular digital currencies on the market and make them accessible to everyone. They offer portfolio management and protection, learning resources, and a mobile app so you can trade securely and monitor all of your crypto in one place.
Speaker 3: Whether you're looking.
Speaker 2: To diversify, just get started, or searching for a better way to access crypto markets, start today with the boys at coinbase.
Speaker 3: Called Action.
Speaker 1: For a limited time, new users can get ten dollars in free bitcoin when you sign up today at coinbase dot com slash bussing. Sign up at coinbase dot com slash busting for ten dollars in free bitcoin. This offers for a limited time only, so be sure to sign up right now. That's coinbase dot com slash busting. Patsy question, how'd you get so good at reading? I don't know, man, reps, reps REP in the gym. I'm trying to read books now, like I'm just trying to get reps. I started to read just aaruli in a night, the books that I'm reading, just to try and get better at reading.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a smart idea. Actually read out loud to her.
Speaker 1: What's a toughy next one. Yeah, cm cud that's CCM. But now, as always our favorite segment of the week. One of our favorite segments of the week is shout out no free Shadow of the Week. Let's go boys, absolutely excited for yet another week of this. As always, will start in the back back left corner.
Speaker 3: It's got JP. What is your shout out? No free shadow of the week?
Speaker 5: My shout out no free shout out of the week comes thanks to uh Will. He's been tweeting a lot about pooping recently. Yeah, and I guess it was yesterday. So on Sunday night I was pooping, I didn't have a lot of toilet paper left, and also I didn't have any in like the you know, wherever you put it in the cabinet, and I had a one wiper really no free shout out to the one wiper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thoses bro.
Speaker 1: When you get one in there, clean you sandpaper and you're like, oh, this Sh'S really right, It just really goes wiper down here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It almost makes you feel like sometimes when you have a good poop and you feel like it is a ghotwiper.
Speaker 3: Why should I even waste this toilet paper? Right now?
Speaker 1: You still do sometimes you still what? Oh do you like to risk standing up Chris cheeks and move on? You don't like to do nothing?
Speaker 3: You got the risks. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: An outstanding shout out and no free shadow of the week Jackie.
Speaker 6: Baby mine kind of goes off my first week that eating out a loan. But I was at a party this weekend and hit a little Irish exit and my shout out is the Irish exit.
Speaker 4: I always I love it.
Speaker 6: I hate when motherfucker's Irish exit on me. It feels personal, but I do it. I'm like my slide under the radar. You home, you know it's it's eleven pm.
Speaker 3: You got out of there.
Speaker 6: It didn't have to say about to ten people. It just kind of mentally saves you a little bit of, you know, room.
Speaker 1: And it can be also awkward sometimes when you're trying to like when you're trying to go and you got to dap people up and the dap up goes wrong.
Speaker 3: I'll see you later.
Speaker 1: You're hugging people and you stay goodbye and then you go do something. You come back and you stick it by guess like we've already fucking done this. I had a buddy back in high schools. Name is Robert Mugie. Guys, outstanding individual, hilariously very hands the blaze and uh he was he I think it might have been the og. If the Irish could buy in high school, we would be like, Hey, we're going out tonight. We're gonna go eight cars whatever whatever dumb shit we're gonna do in high school and be all right, cool, I'll meet you guys out. What time would be like ten o'clock? Be all right, cool guy, We'll go home, go immediately to sleep with zero intention of ever texting us telling us he wasn't gonna make it or nothing at first. It makes you mad when it happens to you, like you said Jackie, but I kind of respect it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I kind of respect it does.
Speaker 1: This saves a lot of time, bro like and then you like you like, get to your boys that you know wants you to stay. Like to me, if I'm leaving somewhere, I would have a tough time fucking. I don't want to tell Taylor By, I just want to leave. That's that's because if I'm like, hey, I'm a here man staying my residuals from Rob Muji.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 2: Then they give you reasons why you gotta stay, and then you're kind of questioning yourself, and then you're like, you know, maybe I'll stay a.
Speaker 3: Little bit longer. And then you're there a little bit fucking longer, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And as a friend who does that to all of his friends, when you try to leave and I'm like, you know, I'm just staying a little longer, you might as well just let him leave in the first place, because then in the back of your head you got that anxiety like they're gonna leave any minute.
Speaker 3: Make the most of it. What are you doing? And you're thinking about it too much? You know what I'm saying, Yeah, a bit of it's an honor.
Speaker 6: When your boy comes up, you're like, hey, I'm about to hit the Irish exgit. I was gonna say by to you though, and you alone. So if one of your boys hits you with that, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta respect that. Ooh, it's truthe and you.
Speaker 1: Gotta respect that.
Speaker 3: What do you want to say?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I love that. Fucking I'm gonna add that to the book.
Speaker 1: I don't don't do that because I know, because that's gonna be me. You're not gonna be the dud that comes up to me and be just like, hey, I'm gonna let you know, leave him.
Speaker 3: When he said that, I only thought of you. I'm saying goodbye to me only. Yeah, I'll just go up to Taylor and just say that to Taylor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know how I get somebody, Hey, what do you mean, like you'll whisper in my ear and be a group of way what you mean? Yeah, listen, I'm leaving anyway. I just want to let you know, just to give you that respect. Oh, that would be a good way to defuse me.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I feel like that's a great diffuser.
Speaker 1: Like standing at the end of the day, the other side has to let you go, like I fucking I fuck with that dude. Yeah, I'll tell you what. It's a good you love it. That's a great shout out. That's a good shout out. No free shadow of the Week, William, What.
Speaker 3: Do you got dude? Mine?
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna take it because mine's about Mine's about some shit too.
Speaker 3: Oh wait poop, Yeah, Mine's about some poop.
Speaker 2: My shout out, no free shout out of the Week is the fucking morning too. There's no better time to take a shit. There's more, no more better time of solidarity than having a morning.
Speaker 3: Shit to yourself whether or not something's going on.
Speaker 2: Like if you're at the facility, you know you're you're in between the team meeting or going into position meetings, and you just tell your coach your position coach, like, Hey, I'm gonna go to the house of the restaurant real quick, and then you go and hit the stall. You pull your phone out and it lasts longer than it should. You know what I mean or me currently you wake up, baby's crying a little bit. Wife needs a little bit of help, Like, hey, baby, you know I gotta go hit my morning richie on my morning routine.
Speaker 3: You're in there a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: I feel like I have a even I appreciated the morning too a lot, but now I feel like I have a different little appreciation for it as a new father as well.
Speaker 3: So my shout out, no free shout out of the week goes to the morning too. Bro, I love that dude, the morning two.
Speaker 1: It starts a day off right, And if it doesn't happen within I guess an hour or two hour buffer of when it happens.
Speaker 3: It kind of fucks the day. It really does.
Speaker 1: Like you're kind of excited to do and you feel your body, your body's used to the routine. Yeah, it's like, you know, I've got to do this, so I'm gonna be in a fucking bad mood. It's like somebody who who's addicted to coffin. They don't get their coffee. It's no deet your morning. Shit, dude, you're you're like you said, You're thrown for a fucking loop. Like I'm not gonna be on my best behavior.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think that's an outstanding shot out of free shout out of the week. My shout out no free shout out of the week is uh. I don't know if everybody's ever indulged in this or have, but in Arizona's it's a really big deal and I do love it. I think it's a very underrated quality drink that a lot of people don't get very often. Is uh the quick Trip slushies. I think quick Trip slushies. It's a nice size of them, how many of a variety they have. I think it's an outstanding, underrated just middle of the day Street.
Speaker 3: You get that.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if you got diabetes, Jack, it's gonna be a tough gig on your body.
Speaker 3: I'm really yeah, that's awesome. You know that dude.
Speaker 1: We were on the way back from way back from Knoxville and I fucking got poked by one of his used syringes.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought he's just doing drugs or something. No, hey, I wish it was that easy. No, I had fucking I had stabbed.
Speaker 1: But I will say, when you the quick Trip, my personal favorite is the horse shota. I think the horse shot is outstanding, unbelievable. But you can do the suicide. You hit them all. You have a bunch of different colors in there. I think it's great. The one downfall on the Quick Trip slushy or just slushes in general. You've got to pace yourself when you drink them.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: You go too fast. You're gonna suck up all this syrup. It's just gonna be ice. And that is a tough pill to swallow. When you look at half of your bottle full and you're like, I got nothing to do with this, and ran at that point till you ran out of patience, Like you might wait for a minute, But then you hurry up and at that straw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you take up that little bit of juice that.
Speaker 1: You look here, get that day in wet wet.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I think I gotta be like liquid in there.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you one thing I do want to comment on. I don't this.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is a this is not a Everybody might not agree with this, but I think a suicide drink is overrated, might.
Speaker 1: Not be popular, paying I think that right right. My young self was obsessed with like you just think you're coming up with the best conglomerate, like your.
Speaker 3: Boys doing a suicide. You're like, you guys ain't doing it like me.
Speaker 6: That's what it was when your kid, those like almost your first chance to like your own decision, making your own freedom.
Speaker 4: You like I'm.
Speaker 6: But then once you get older, you know you've had you know, you get to start driving, you started meeting girls, whatever it is, you got other decisions to take care of. You just need one soft drink. You gotta limit that stuff. So when you're a kid, when you only have so many options in life, you just got to take them all at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, I agree. How it's overrated. Now, Yeah, that's fucking game. That's your bag, boys.
Speaker 1: What an outstanding shout out, no free shadow, it really was hand I love it, Due, I loved it. We'll make it quick, easy and brisk, because this is a very long podcast today, very long, very long hours. Aren't hit three hours right now, even just doing this intro.
Speaker 3: But sort of, God, it's worth it. It's worth all of your.
Speaker 1: Fucking Oh it's so good, dude, it's it's and it hits a whole bunch of different array of things the whole time. Just Mike, Mike formerly known as Mike Stugg, came on, brought his boy Skis on. We talk about music, we talk about life, we talk about la we talk about him being nomad, and then we start talking about some philosophical type shit that really will warm your soul and make you feel outstanding. And obviously we've talked quite a bit, so you're gonna have to hear one more ad Rey before the podcast hits. I hate what I say to you, enjoy the show, and then all of a sudden it's one of our faces again, and you're you're looking into the barrel of another ad read So, but if you if you like it, you love it, and you want some more of it. Dude, let the Timm Across song goes. What I would do if I were you is hit that subscribe button. Seventy percent of our viewers who listen aren't even subscribed. If you guys do that, it doesn't hurt you at all, but it makes us feel a whole lot better inside. Right you start seeing that the subscribers on YouTube all that stuff, it helps us. It's amazing. You guys are great, big hugs, tiny cases. Enjoy the ad and then we'll get you onto the just Mic podcast. We just told you about debscribing and rating five stars. Please make sure and do that.
Speaker 3: Jump on. Do that, whether it's Twitter, Social.
Speaker 1: Any of the social media's, Instagram, if you're on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, do all that stuff. Hit the subscribe button, hit the follow button, and enjoy. Right now, we're talking about cross Country Mortgage does well of all the answers, sometimes does Taylor. Sometimes in a complicated world, it's hard to know who to trust. But when it comes to your mortgage, there's only one answer. Cross Country mortgage. And I lost my place. Cross Country Mortgage. They have flexible I need. This is in so bad. No, nope, I don't want anything to do with it. I'm struggling and I want people to know my struggle. Right now, I want people to know my struggle. Hey, I'm all right, it ain't that serious, right, You're right. Well, it's getting a hello worse. I've been here before. They have flexible loan plans, a crazy amount of dedicated loan officers, and even guarantee closing meaning they pay the daily closing fees. Cross Country Mortgage has a team of loan officers dedicated to getting you the best possible loan terms available. They have an average closing time of twenty one days, which is ridiculously fast. They have a wide variety of loan types, which means they've got everything to cover everyone. And we have some exciting news. They're giving away free barstool and Cross Country Mortgage sweatshirts when you sign up to refine or get pre approval while supplies last. And a world where even the pros rarely agree. You can trust Cross Country Mortgage. With an average closing time closing time of twenty one days, They've got everything to cover any everyone. Go to Crossostry Mortgage Dot com slash barstool for cross country. More so, cross Country Mortgage can take care of you through the home buying process. Cross Country Mortgage LLC n MLS thirty twenty nine. All loan subject to underwriting approval www dot NMLS, Consumer Access dot org.
Speaker 3: There and boss is rolling.
Speaker 1: Also before we even get into this, let's give a quick class for bloss. The man to literally everything in his knee and he said, fucking I'm gonna take a day. Dude took twenty four hours, put his brace on and climbed his ass up in this bus.
Speaker 3: He heard us the next man up that he heard us the next man out.
Speaker 1: But uh, yeah, dude, I've been following since we did the pod. I obviously knew about you through your music and stuff like that. And then when we oh that fits nice.
Speaker 3: She looks nice.
Speaker 4: It does look see.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm glowing right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the first time he came on. I was like, let me see what the boy's up to, let me see what he's doing. I know before you're in Montana, you crused Arizona for a bit. I think this is your second. You're in Austin. Ye for a second state. So what's the idea behind this?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Is it for music or is it for and am I ready to put roots down? I want to find out what life's all about first, a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of everything, I think.
Speaker 4: So I spent six almost seven years in Los Angeles, which was arguably seven too many. Yeah, I'm not exactly like a Hollywood guy, La guy, but I was in that scene, and you know, obviously I make music, and throughout that time, like the progression of how I created music changed to where I felt it was a necessity to be there for So what I said was null and voy like I definitely should have been there for a certain amount of time. But over that time I started approaching my creation of music differently. I make it all myself in house, like half the time in boxers fucking wasted, yeah, you know, like making a song a fucking delirious idea like four in the morning, you know, but crazy yeah, yeah, I mean seriously, a lot of these songs on the album were like I couldn't even They're just like moments of time over the past few years. But like a lot of them were started on those types of nights that that would never happen if I said, Hey, I'm going to be creative at four pm tomorrow, so let's get a let's get a studio session book. Yeah, that that paradigm doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, Like that whole idea of just like trying to schedule when you're going to be inspired or be creative, you know, it doesn't really make any sense. So it's kind of like a strike of inspiration almost, and I think you can't really capture that without Like my my studio now is literally bedside, like my bed's right, like it's it's in the fucking room. I don't even put it in another room in the house, even if we have a room that could be a studio, I'll put it in my room because it's just the intimacy and the privacy of it. And half the time I'll hop out of bed and just put a little idea down and then go to it tomorrow, you know. So to answer your question, like, it was a little bit of everything I wanted to get the fuck out of La. It was kind of driving me creative.
Speaker 1: A lot of cocaine in La, yeah, a lot of It's like it's literally a climate.
Speaker 3: Like that how much it snows exactly.
Speaker 4: Exactly and it's literally like like a like a pack of gum.
Speaker 3: Everyone has it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, And at my house, like my house Stevenson Ranch, the hat you're wearing, like the brand that's that's really what we called my house called it Stevenson Ranch because you know the inside joke. We called everybody Steve's and it just became that because people would go there after the bars and ship and like we weren't really you think about Hollywood in LA and the nightlife, like it's a tough scene for for us type of guys, Like I'm not trying to be at the fucking clubs and like the celebrities and I don't give a funck who's in there, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, and there's different levels to it too, because some celebrities are in there at the club and then he.
Speaker 3: Becomes so much of a celebrity you can't even go to.
Speaker 4: The club, right, yeah, I mean, And like as time went on, we got cooler and cooler in the scene, and I wanted it less and less, if that makes any sense. As I got access into it, I was like, this is fucking lame. I'm not even having fun. No one's having fun.
Speaker 1: So we had chasing a girl exactly. I had the most fun part of the battle is that Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 4: How are you? Or yeah?
Speaker 3: We uh man.
Speaker 4: It just kind of basically had that realization. We stopped going out people, you know, going to the house a lot. It became a thing and there were a lot of little little white baggies floating around the house and I was kind of sick of it. Yeah, but yeah, we've been since then, it's been about a year and a half of travel. We're basically living places fluidly, like two to four months at a time really, and then as soon as like I start getting the itch and the boys start getting the itch, we start we start house shopping. And and when I say shopping, like private leases have been huge for me. Airbnb is one thing, but I got a pretty cool network or either athletes.
Speaker 3: Or like entrepreneur guys who have extra homes.
Speaker 4: Or whatever, you know, So really like fucking picking a spot in the map and going and we've we've been all over the place. But it's been really really really really fucking dope and really inspiring the way I make music, Like I'm looking out at the views. The views are changing, the rooms, the energy are changing. It's it just keeps me inspired. I feel like, no, I'm on a life standpoint. It's been so fun. You know though. The boys are with me, so I'm not necessarily like starting over anywhere. Yeah, it's just kind of replanting our seas and fucking we're having a blast.
Speaker 3: Like we partied a lot this year and had a lot of fun. But yeah, I heard the eighty twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but it's landed me here where I'm just like, I'm almost like we're going into tour and I'm like I'm kind of turning down, you know what i mean. I'm not where in the past I would be going up up, up right. You guys are like, no, mads, yeah, no, mads, No maths, How like sustainable do you think that is?
Speaker 2: It's kind of love your perspective because all you guys are all different, right, all your boys, when you guys all travel, you guys all.
Speaker 3: Relatively the same haircut all around, but very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and but I've always been curious, like, man, I wonder how long like that keeps going or is it just a mindset you think you've just adopted and you're gonna keep. Yeah, I really don't think it's sustainable for much longer, but I am going to push the envelope because it's just been so rewarding, you know what I mean, Like as a person too, like just fuck the music and everything else. Like I really, uh, I think I'll look back at this time and be like, wow, like you remember when we did that, you know, like yeah, for fucking two or three years straight. And you know, I'm not exactly a spring fucking chicken. I got some silver foxes coming in, you know, Like, what are you thirty three? I've been doing it for I've been doing it for fucking ten years, you know what I mean? Like people don't What people don't really understand is like the mic stud thing, Like because we were acting like fucking kids a whole time, because we were We're just fucking big idiots, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But the mic stud thing when it started, I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't like I've made my first song idea ever at the age of twenty two, Like I was just in a student athlete the entire time, and I had you know, I was more or less gonna be I was definitely gonna be a professional baseball player. But again, I want to Duke University America. Ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: The Record of Blue Demons.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite, dude.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wasn't gonna bring it up, but it does still stand. It does still stand. I don't think anyone's gonna beat that record.
Speaker 4: It'll be tough. It's like one of those little cheeky records, like, yeah, because you had to have what was the record? I'm sorry, it's the lowest e ra in school history. It's like so so it's like the reason I say that because I was a closer, so so I would come in. But there's a minimum inning requirement, which I think is like seventy five innings or fifty innings, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like exactly at that.
Speaker 4: So it's like starters, there's more time out there on the starting pitchers getting more innings in. It's it's hard to have a one point sixty ra A, but like I think if I threw double the amount of innings probably would have, you know, been higher.
Speaker 3: You know, you get the record, but I got the record.
Speaker 1: Don't apologize for being great, Yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Apologize, we're being great here. You know what I'm saying, throwing double again? Like no fun that you got the record?
Speaker 4: Dude, who got four years eligibility? Are you really? I'm not quite done yet.
Speaker 1: I heard you on the on the Mayfield podcast. Only you're a big xbox guy.
Speaker 4: I'm talking.
Speaker 7: I'm going to get in that heisman. Yeah, I was an xbox guy for a little bit. But no, I'm the best athlete. Uh MIC's ever better. I think under under.
Speaker 1: Under five A, I'm the best out that. You're the type of guy that strucks me as I'm a five to ten when you're.
Speaker 3: Out in public.
Speaker 1: Guy never would never says, hey I'm five ten.
Speaker 3: All right, So there's a bit of let me tell you about Skis. First off, he's like you, is that your government named Skis?
Speaker 4: I wish we're gonna change it. We're gonna I'm gonna stick with Skis like marchdam is going to be a ball. He's a Skis ball like a one dollar ball. You just bounce it, bounce it a cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an unlimited amount things you can do with the ball.
Speaker 4: A purpose ball, a purpose a good time with honest ball. But yeah, I mean skes is uh one of the only guys I met in l A. That I was like, I fucking love this guy. And he's a younger kid. I usually can't hang out with younger kids. It's just so fucking you know, like how I was when I was that age, Just like I couldn't hang out with that.
Speaker 3: It's a maturity level you have to hang out with that.
Speaker 1: Twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some weather behind those eyes. Four years old, I mean I'm dead.
Speaker 1: You're like, how old are you?
Speaker 4: Forty?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a decade.
Speaker 7: I'm a decade in myself like her years in.
Speaker 2: I think I ran into you when I was like twelve or thirteen, because Nebraska's I think I ran into you like twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 3: Like you, How old are you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Twenty fours?
Speaker 1: That's about right, twenty four. A lot of those white bag He's kind of caught you.
Speaker 4: Up in l A.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'm not the guy. I'm not the guy.
Speaker 1: I'm not the guy.
Speaker 4: I never turned down a good time though, But he's not that guy. No question. Drink plenty. You're not paying for it.
Speaker 3: It can't be bad for you.
Speaker 4: I ain't paying for ship. Yeah, MIC's done.
Speaker 3: I would be doing good a get a whole little squad here Mike's other desk. Hey man, I'm out with some homegirls right now. You gotta hit me real quick. Cocktails, man, you just signed any of that there?
Speaker 4: But yeah, go on. Actually, just so I've been doing this for a while and we never really This year or i'd say the last few years just kind of got into another tier with the rebrand and the mic stuff got into another tier of just being more lucrative and kind of we could be a little bit more fluid. We're growing.
Speaker 3: And I always wanted to sign a guy, but it had to be like the perfect guy.
Speaker 4: This is the perfect guy, great singer, like great artists, but like the most electric, funny guy that I came in came into contact with. Delusionally very delusionally optimistic about his athletic ability. But what I will say is what I will say is as I've spent more time with him, he's kind of a freak athlete in someone like if you go out and golf with him, like he'll wear he'll wear no shirt, flip flops toes out and he'll fucking play scratch golf. Okay, hold on.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna but you don't know golf.
Speaker 1: I'm not going I'm not going on records saying I'm golf five year old man with carpal tunnel and all the ship going on, and he can hit, he can do scratch golf like I'm not. Let's just say that's not the best measurement of athleticism. What is your sport other than golf?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh, Mike?
Speaker 3: Ball A simple one, that's easy. What's that all coordination? That's easy? No, that's all you free?
Speaker 4: That's an easy one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Now that's you're a You're an intermeal stock.
Speaker 4: You pick a sport. I'll go out the champions.
Speaker 3: I'll go out there and.
Speaker 4: I'll winipis is on a ability, I'm like recreational. You need that.
Speaker 3: You don't believe in yourself?
Speaker 7: Who is exactly I mean it? Though, Man, I'll go out there. I'll compete with the best of them.
Speaker 2: He's is one of those ones show up, you said, a juking. He'll just like fake toss the ball to somebody.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Move, but it's all linear the whole time. It's all in here.
Speaker 4: I'm take it with a great as salt, better athlete than you think by far right, looking at.
Speaker 3: Him, But the guys in the NFL, you know what I mean, Like there's levels to what are the qualities? Like you were looking for to sign?
Speaker 2: You said electric funny, Like yeah, I mean I think about the athletics, Like what.
Speaker 3: Were you looking for? For real? That's probably that last one a big one. If it wasn't athletic, I don't know if.
Speaker 4: No, you know, it's I'm like a huge intuition guy. Like even though a lot of the guys in my group, like they kind of just flow, they kind of flow into my life. I'm like, I like these guys, you know what I mean, something happens with it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just kind of like let it happen. That's kind of how I operate in general with him. As I said, you know, we've had our our growth internally in our team, and we started talking about it and thinking about it, and I'm watching him and I like him, but spending time with him more. I've I've met so many people in my time and like for somebody to stick out and be really like really have a have a kind of stick to him, where like everyone I brought around him, whether it's a fucking you know, five star athlete, big pro athlete or popular artists like post or anyone was like, oh, we's keys like everyone loves him lights up the room, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's one of those you have a blow about you and it's not just the light right behind your head.
Speaker 4: Ye I wasna good lighting. Well seriously though, That's that's that's where it originally started. And then it was more about like, hey, like can he make some can't he make this one thing? To have a great singing voice, because he has a nice like smoky voice.
Speaker 1: You know, would you mind if I pause you and just give us a quick taste. I'm not giving you, give us a little give me something to song?
Speaker 3: What's what do you listening to? The sing?
Speaker 1: Sing?
Speaker 3: Rodman?
Speaker 4: Rod, I'm not wrapping no mic right now. No, I'll give you a what do we what do we get? I'm doing I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing.
Speaker 4: Drops to Jupiter.
Speaker 3: Before you do, drop the Jupiter. I need you to.
Speaker 1: I don't want some half assed bullshit. I want to see full just Rex sport league guy right now.
Speaker 4: I want you. You want to sit on the bus, let's get it.
Speaker 3: Drops the jubiter the dress. Anyway, it's always is that the same song is that the song?
Speaker 4: Wait? Is that that?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking the beauty of that song, though I thought, Oh, I don't know, I couldn't really make it.
Speaker 4: What's the beginning of the song? That she's back in the must be drops the Jupiter in the egg.
Speaker 3: A little bit more. Yeah, let's tell I'll get some gooseies over here.
Speaker 1: Dude wore pants.
Speaker 4: And a couple more segarettes will smoke, the will smoke the voice out like cigarettes the entire time as well, the best for your voice and your situation, but serious cigarette. There's like a there's an element to songwriting and like making songs, like even myself, Like I'm not even close to a technical singer, Like I've bullied and learned how to bullied myself and be able to do it as my sound changed as it needed to evolve, you know what I mean. Like if you go back to my old stuff, it was just like me rapping punchlines, you know. But he has that there's a tone, there's a tone to it. But also the biggest thing nowadays it's just guys who can put fucking good songs together, you know what I mean? Like when I say technical singers, there's guys who are amazing technical singers, guys girls amazing classically trained, but like there's there's just there's no it factor to them.
Speaker 3: There's no artistic factory.
Speaker 4: It's just like an it thing more that like because TikTok and the way the world is like everyone can anyone. There's so many talented people singing their ass off to their phone that could sing and rap better than I can. But it's just about do you have like a stick something that like make people stick and want to follow you and want to care and want to buy your stuff and turn it into a business. You know.
Speaker 1: So Okay, this might be like a really juvenile question, but like what does a process look like to making a song? Like how do both of you kind of go like where where do you find it?
Speaker 3: A kind of go into it.
Speaker 7: We had a good thing going, man. Well we had Mike's birthday. It was right over Halloween.
Speaker 1: Hun birthday arguably the best holiday of all times. Arguably I would have it's my favorite as well. So look at us foundation being right now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we called uh, we called that little weekend the super Bender, and that that's kind of what pushed Mike into retirement, well, retirement.
Speaker 3: Retirement we overdid it.
Speaker 4: Retirement, we overdid it. But we made uh.
Speaker 3: We made like three or four songs in like a little night or two span that were dude.
Speaker 7: We were like, we were out of bounds drunk. We were just like five, six, seven in the morning. And I was just probably like ten the morning and Mike I pop into his room. There's like forty or fifty people in his bedroom and he's trying to cut his.
Speaker 3: Underwear spaces bedroom.
Speaker 7: He's got his underwear on and he's and he's got a bottle, he's got like four dips in and he's just got a bottle of whiskey in his hand.
Speaker 4: And I pop in there.
Speaker 7: I'm wearing a fucking I was. I was a caddy for Halloween, so I was wearing my I was wearing my bib. I was right from the whole thing.
Speaker 3: And we popped in there and we made two of our two of our favorite records, I think. But the up Again record that I just put out like I was made at like nine am.
Speaker 7: And I remember doing yea, we will go over here the next morning and he's like, yo, come in two we made last night.
Speaker 4: I was like check it out here we go listen to the first time. Listener, Yeah, the first time. That's that's actually like a really good point. That's that's how that's the special part about it for me, and I used it as a crutch to continue partying, as I was like, because I'm like I'm making yeah, yeah, yeah, like, uh, you know, that's actually a really cool point though, and that's how I feel like I come in the next day.
Speaker 3: I'm like listening. Honestly, I have no idea like that.
Speaker 4: I have no preconceived notions about what I did, and I just it's almost like digging for gold, like ooh, that's cool, and like forty you know, forty fifty sixty seconds of it might be fucking nonsense.
Speaker 3: Nothing happened.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask that if it's like you kind of you get a little hammered one night, go in You're like, this is fucking garbage.
Speaker 4: Having many air balls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put that airballs right.
Speaker 1: That happened to Kobe baby, and it keeps.
Speaker 3: Shoot, he's incredible at patching records together.
Speaker 7: Yeah, incredible of picking out melodies and like, I mean, I'll go in there and just freestyle gibbers and then you know, by the time he's done pushing.
Speaker 3: Like a freestyle from Gibbers right now, I'm right there. We're not going to put you here that He's got a great ear for me, and he's really incredible.
Speaker 7: He's done a lot for my records that I've been working on recently because I don't know how to put songs together.
Speaker 4: It's just not it was, and it's something that I just as I've done it for so long. It's something that I literally just kind of chipped away at until like I started to really feel like I felt it probably a few years ago, like a shift happen and I was like I kind of understood how I wanted to sound, and then I also started to understand like, because I'm not musical at all, I was just a fucking traditional Like it's probably the same type of lifestyles y'all had, you know, Like just basically my whole life revolved around playing a sport and fucking getting through school and trying to be a pro, and that was the whole shtick, you know. But now I feel like with the ten, it's like a ten thousand hour thing like anything else. Reps, Like I've actually put in tons of reps in my room, working freestyle and mumbling, singing and trying to find the right melodies. So now I feel like I'm in a spot where I can actually kind of just like I'm free. I can kind of do it myself. I'm not depending on anybody else. I'm putting it together, you know, and it's it's actually really fun. That's like the art for me, Like you know, like I take it in tears and steps. Usually it's a three step process. I mumble freestyle. I Don'm not even worried about what I'm saying originally, it's just how it feels.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: There's some nights where I got, like you said, like tons of girls and people around in the room listening. They're like, is this out yet? And it's like not even words to it. It's not even words. It's mumbled they right in front of them. They just don't even realize it, you know what I mean. Yeah, if they like the song when it's mumbles, how are they not going to like it when I write words to it later. So that's kind of my step. I write the words later and I don't even really write them. I just kind of like, you see, I just kind of like let them channel in and you know, I don't overwrite before I used to like write a whole song like a music, like a fucking goddamn homework assignment, and then go in there and try to sing it. Now everything by the book, Yeah, it's totally opposite. I'm totally left of it. And personally, I don't know if I would even I know I wouldn't have the success I'm having, but I don't think i'd be enjoying it.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if i'd still be doing it if I was doing it that way still, But do you feel like that was a necessary step?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, because I feel like like when you were saying earlier, you know, you feel like the concept of I'm gonna get a studio session in a four and do all this like people who are starting out who might not have a luxury of having something very established or a bank account established, to be like I'm just gonna let a free flow. Like they're taking it so serious, they got to write everything down, We're gonna go and use the studio this time because they take.
Speaker 3: It so seriously. Like were those your first steps?
Speaker 4: Yeahstly, and times have changed, right, so now I think with TikTok and and and how tech music tech is evolving, Like you really don't need much to get started. The first song I ever did college humor, I made it on a hundred dollars mic at a in a duke in a duke fucking dorm room. Stroman was right there with me, Marcus that that plays for the cubs now and on garage band you know, like platform, Yeah, outstanding. It literally comes with a Mac like I I don't even know if I would have like went and sourced like pro tools and learned it, like it just kind of wung it, you know, And I think wing it has really gotten me to where I am to answer your question nowadays, I think the veil has been lifted on like the fucking you know.
Speaker 3: Facade of like ooh, he's in the studio, Like wow, you.
Speaker 4: Know, like there was kind of this veil lifted where like you kind of have to take you have to be on or get signed to.
Speaker 3: Be making music.
Speaker 4: You don't now go flip on TikTok and the kids make high quality stuff in their bedrooms everywhere. I was just kind of one of the first dudes doing that, you know, like not to not even to say it that way. I was just like, this is the only way I was gonna get through an injury, right, yeah, yeah, that's that's kind of how how that's how the whole thing started, you know. And then there was a phase where I started to get a little popular, moved out to LA I was in like the.
Speaker 3: You know big look you made it studios, Like look at the how cool is this?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Then you get the bill later photo in the lab get the bill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I mean, dude, these places are like a fucking some of them are like five hundred dollars an hour, thousand dollars an hour. And then you got the girls coming in. We're drinking, fucking you know, it is just a concert at that point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And like that's what happens to a lot of these kids.
Speaker 4: Like when they're spending money, they get they get a million dollars, they don't understand first it's being recouped, you know, Like so it's a really bad it's a it's a loan, and it's really bad interest and you're losing your ownership. Like you when you go start a business and you get a business loan, they don't own the fucking business. Right after you get them paid back, like that's it's not a fair commodity exchange. There's just there's time. We could talk about that all day, but ya.
Speaker 1: Jilly Will talks about that quite a bit. How it's like all these kids, like they become rappers or singers or whatever it is, and they want to do the fancy music video with the G six in the back and the girls, the fat asses and the Lamborghinis and all that, and they're like, oh, I'm killing it. They don't realize there's a bill coming. They don't realize a million.
Speaker 3: You don't make a dime until they get all that back. All that bad it's usually like a.
Speaker 1: Bad like split like oh terrible, like eighty five fifteen right right, yeah, yeah, the label gets it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's just it doesn't make sense. I mean, I went to a lot of these.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the thing again, the veil being lifted on, Like this industry is it's a little sisty, you know, like and they pray on kids coming out of us, you know, talented kids who fucking never had any money in their pocket.
Speaker 3: You know, like if they did, they were really hustling.
Speaker 4: For it, you know.
Speaker 3: So they kind of take advantage of that.
Speaker 4: And yeah, you know, you could argue like these guys would have never got it going, but it just it's it also just doesn't feel a fair commodity exchange for me. I've stayed independent the entire time for that reason. Like I you know, it's never felt right for me. It never felt organic. But I also just I felt I felt like it was bad business, you know, and I'd rather bet on myself, try to bully myself and figure it out myself, you know.
Speaker 2: And I feel a good thing going with like all the Mike stud Yeah correct, Yeah, I mean it was it's just Mike now, yeah, but like Mike or Mike.
Speaker 4: It's Mike Mike. So there's no just right, but think about it, right, so the Instagram is at just Mike. But think about when you say, like when the artists like you hear a song like who is this like Mike, like Mike, who just Mike? You know. So it's like the only way to explain it, you know what I mean. But I thought about going just Mike is the official artist name, but we went on. We went with Mike, and I'm really happy we did. Now when I think about Mike's stud I like, I literally grimace.
Speaker 3: Well I know I get that vibe too. Why is that I grimaced? Because now I'll still that's the legend of Mike Studt's pretty big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I was just gonna say, like prefacely quite that story like it worked, you know what I mean, And I'm thankful. I don't regret it at all, because I actually don't know if it would have stuck if it didn't have like such a it's just obnoxious, like you know what I mean, And it's it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Has that like very when you look like I do.
Speaker 4: Like I'm a white kid, big baseball player, but I don't look like you know, like most artists in a sense where it's just kind of feel coming from Duke just like so easy to dislike, you know, And I totally get why a lot of people kind of felt like, fuck this guy very from Duke, Like you're already in fucking bitches and drinking bud lights like this guy. You know, I understand, I understand, but like I look back at it, I'm just like, man, that was exactly who I was.
Speaker 3: It was real, you know, like, just like this is who I am.
Speaker 4: Now, and that's why I couldn't be Mike Study anymore because it wasn't real anymore, you know, like it's the same notion. And to be honest, like if you said, hey, you're gonna have a real music career, I wouldn't have picked Mike extent, you know, Like I don't know if you guys know this story.
Speaker 3: It's a pretty interesting story how the name of a came about. Yeah, this is this, that's a podcast?
Speaker 4: Are four? It's what they'refore the new stieves that might be out there might not know, right, Yeah, so I got the duke more or less like right on the heels of the Duke lacrosse scandal. Do you guys remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're rhymes with grape?
Speaker 1: Was that the situation making I want to make sure I'm not thinking of something wrong? But yes, who, I just need to know.
Speaker 3: I don't need the tools. And then we're not laughing at that. We're not laughing.
Speaker 4: No, No, Well what happened was we actually can't laugh about it because it came out that it was false. The girls in jail for murder who like who basically like it was uh, you know, it was a stripper that they.
Speaker 3: Hired locally in Durham, North Carolina.
Speaker 4: The lacrosse guys, all these affluent come from affluent families, playing lacrosse at lacrosse. Yeah, and there was there's a whole. There's a whole, like there's a whole East sixty on this entire thing. It's a crazy situation, like there was a you know, there was a we don't even have to do we don't we don't hold the whole.
Speaker 7: I don't want to get a little bit more of opinion on there's no opinion.
Speaker 4: There's no opinion. The fact of the matter is that they got they got acquitted, and and the girl ended up kind of you know, being a lie and the guy, you know, the guy that prosecuted them, there was there was a whole, there's whole East sixty on it.
Speaker 1: So it was the murder thing, a separate deal, the separate deal, and got murdered during the separation, Like.
Speaker 4: It was proven that she had other guys DNA, none of these guys DNA, and that night she saw it as an opportunity to got you you know, and then but these kids' lives were ruined, you know, like it was a pretty serious Anyways.
Speaker 3: How does Mike still come out of that?
Speaker 4: So when I get there, it's actually hilarious. I get there, you know, Uh, they have this whole this meeting where they're addressing the student athletes and they're just like, look, Doke athletes are under fire. Social media, like Facebook at the time was the thing where like people were friending the Duke athletes, like they'd have like an attractive girl as the picture, except their friend request they'd take your pictures. They take like your underage drinking pictures, post them, try to blackmail you shit like that.
Speaker 3: So it just got very it got very strict. So our work around, like we.
Speaker 4: Wanted to have Facebook and social media and ship, so we came up with fake names with our real initials, like the baseball team specifically, and we were trying to go with like funny names. So our theme was porn star names, right, so like my my real initials are you know MS. So Mike Stead was a no brainer and I thought it was a genius for it.
Speaker 3: It became like a thing. My buddies on my team, you know, we call each other, like in front of.
Speaker 4: Our coach, who was a hard ass, Like we'd call each other by our fucking fake Facebook names, which he would have had a conniption if you knew we were. We were going around the rules, you know. So that was kind of a thing. And then when I got injured and I started making some songs. The only reason I was making the songs because I had no I had nothing to do, and my buddies were like the only people ever heard me rap and ship. I was just a kid who could always freestyle and whatever at the party.
Speaker 3: Every baseball team has a white rapper, yeah, yeah, exactly a group of friends. You know, if you're do it, you're in a good fre friends.
Speaker 4: That was just me, you know, and I had a few other guys on the team that would do it. We just had so that was the only reason it happened. And it was a no brainer to call my rap name Mike's Dead because you know, all my buddy that was like part of the joke. You know, they were in on it.
Speaker 3: So that's what happened.
Speaker 4: And then fucking you know, the first song I made was the song College Humor, and it just relatively speaking, went viral at the time, and it just kind of had it like kind of pushed me down that that path, you know, And what year was that when that happened. I was twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: The brand of Mike's done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as if that happened now, it wouldn't it would have yeah, And I don't even I don't even know. I don't even know what would have I wasn't hit your crew blow up, that's yeah, calling a boy before the noteboys, it kind of I have no idea what would have happened if it would have happened now.
Speaker 3: I don't even think it would have work right now. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you if the career would go the way it's going now for you, But I think the beginning part of like how many eyes are available to social media now, it probably would have got much more viral.
Speaker 3: To your point, it's it's very overcrowded now, very over That's a good point. That's a good point I put in my.
Speaker 4: Mouth exactly, Like back to the point we talked about why I like Skis, Like there's there's a million people I could that could sing better than him and dance better and more attractive and all these shout out, Dan, there's a million, you know, the dance thing that it's having a thing. It's more important because it's so it's so crowded, it's so oversaturated.
Speaker 3: Everyone's trying to do it, everyone's making music, you know, so just got.
Speaker 1: Buried for you, Like, what was your process finding music and wanting to do that other than being a professional athlete?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Literally, well I blew my knee out. Okay, that had to be it was over.
Speaker 4: I had to figure that happened a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Oh really yeah, rolled the ankle.
Speaker 3: I figured I got to quit BACKCTE.
Speaker 4: Music.
Speaker 7: Man, I just fell in my lap. I didn't do music growing up or anything. When I moved to La, I was I was trying to be a fucking business guy. Didn't do well at all. Yeah, not good at all. Don't have the was having a blast a look. Yeah, I went into some big meetings and I was with act like I knew what I was talking about. Didn't go well, but no, Yeah, my buddies were all making music when I got to La. So I was always at the studio and one day my buddy like just didn't show up to a session that I was going to like meet meet with him, hang out, and I knew the producer and he was like, yo, go give it a shot.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I heard you.
Speaker 7: I heard you like singing bullshitting. So I made my first record and I kind of I didn't really like start. Then I got my first real go at it about right when COVID started. I got signed to Warner Music as a songwriter, and then I started getting with these guys. And yeah, when I met Mike, we were we were just partying. He didn't even know I made music for a pretty decent amount of time there. I think that's why I worked so well though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he didn't and like to be completely transparent, like he just started releasing his own stuff. But like, we're gonna make it a thing, you know what I mean, Like that's the whole thing. I have a great fan base. I know they're gonna eat him up. That's the whole thing. I've never really co signed anybody, right, this is what's happening. I'm gonna feature myself on his records. You know, he's gonna open my tours. He's on sitting in on the podcast. He just has the whole thing where I just the synergies. We're gonna make it a thing, you know, And I just know he can carry his weight and I know he'll evolve. And the biggest hurdle is just getting this guy to put down the put down the bottle and get in the fucking studio more often.
Speaker 3: But he's young and he's a big deal in this country. Yeah, but you can't force it. You gotta let it flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, there's also well you're speaking kind of on both sides of your mouth right now, because in the beginning you said them nine ten a m hammered drunk.
Speaker 4: Exactly are the best one exactly?
Speaker 3: But I can't so if you're gonna drink, I don't know how to word that. Though you have to drink as well, Mike, and Holy so you're tired.
Speaker 1: We're gonna miss you, guys when you're gone.
Speaker 7: Heard after the after the mega banner, and we've been bouncing around all these all these new cities and and he's on you know, he's a monk now that way.
Speaker 3: Cows and now meditation. He gets a very cool road. He's me roaming around and getting ready to go out, and he's just looking at me. He's like, all right, Jesus, figure, people do get a little sober.
Speaker 4: And then they made the choice.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna drink this week and then all their buddies drinking. They're like, you piece of ship's I'm not gonna hear You's true, that's so true.
Speaker 3: Somehow I turned into like the disappointed dad.
Speaker 4: In the house.
Speaker 3: That's why he said he can't do somewhere. You got to clean it up.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: You gotta knows to the hardwood man you go on tomorrow. But he knows, he knows, man like he sent me out into the battlefield like on his behalf.
Speaker 4: So it's like the torch.
Speaker 3: He's just a fact.
Speaker 4: My wife. Yeah, I need to work more. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't do that very well. I'm not a great work dream of yours to be uh an artist ship?
Speaker 4: It is now answer opening?
Speaker 3: Are you opening for just Mike?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, And I'm just right, and I'm only opening for Mike. Throwing him into the fire, you know, like it's it's uh.
Speaker 1: He got a little nervous when there were ten guys in the room, just seeing a little bit of drops Jupiter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I don't do it for the fellows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh, you do for the lady.
Speaker 1: For the lady, boy, I didn't think it on board with that.
Speaker 3: Well, well, first one snapping back there.
Speaker 4: I love a guy who was gonna have the same He's gonna have the same, you know. I see a lot of That's kind of how I was, Like, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I just got up on stage and like figured it out, figured out how my approach was to performing. I used I banter so much on stage, like it's not a normal music show. I'm bringing people up with drinking beers, Like I'm still gonna do all that, you know. So I see him kind of walking that path. The difference is I was starting with fifty one hundred people. This is gonna be like two to five thousand.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 7: So honestly, I think I'm more nervous doing karaoke in front of fifty than I will be in front of you.
Speaker 3: There's less eyes question.
Speaker 7: This fucker can't just be looking at me dead in my eyes, like right, you're gonna miss that note?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't say, oh my god, what are your emotions going into this thing?
Speaker 4: Your first show?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be your first show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean yeah, yeah, I'm excited, man, I mean I'm I'm super grateful though, you know, Mike, Mike pulled me out of a fucking He pulled me out of a situation I was not gonna be doing what the fuck was I gonna be doing. I'll probably be doing insurance again.
Speaker 3: I'd be doing it well in Omaha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would have gone back on the boys go big Round.
Speaker 3: And you grew up in Nebraska.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've really made it out of the treasure on Earth man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well we can go that route too. I love it manywhere I.
Speaker 4: Want right now.
Speaker 3: It's a simple guy, simple things, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Man, I'm glad I got Yeah, I'm glad he pulled me out of the out of l a when when he was getting on the road, he was buddies with all the kids, all like the really handsome young like TikTok at that time, it was.
Speaker 4: Vine like the love Vine Fellas all that good like good guys, but they were all the stars. The Skis was just like the good good times guy around, you know, so like he never really even saw himself and that that's what I like.
Speaker 3: The whole thing attracted me to it, you know, I just he's not one of those dudes.
Speaker 4: Was like, hey, look at me, but everyone ends up looking at him, you know what I mean, where that's where I see it.
Speaker 3: I'm not really has to be that perfect thing, and where I.
Speaker 1: Feel like I feel like it is that, you know, so I agree with that statement when we when I first walked in here. A couple of minutes later, I apologize big league. Yes, Skis is in here, like, who fucking just this? No, No, he was just showing out. He was on the entire room. The two were having a little bromance about Nebraska. We were talking about the bust and Bowl coming soon. This this fall that you guys are fucking killing it. I want to want to point out. I mean, my first time I came, I was extremely hungover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, tough.
Speaker 4: Look Johnny Manzell was in town, so that will tell you exactly what the fuck was going over.
Speaker 3: I mean, not to blame it on him, I was.
Speaker 4: We were on like a pretty sick one finishing the album in Nashville at the time, and I was sweating my balls off on I don't know what kind of like situation, you guys.
Speaker 3: It was not very murky, was not comfortable. It was not comfortable. At one point I almost turned in and she's like, I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 4: I didn't thought it was you know. I mean, I don't know, but I gotta go. I gotta go, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was giving me the yeah, there's levels levels. Hey we have a new bigger shed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to like give spiritual input into like the Johnny Manziel situation. I'm even on the couch, you know what I mean. But it was, it was it was a great experience. Got to meet you guys. We had been talking for a while, but since since then, like you've been following me, I've been paying a lot more attention to you guys.
Speaker 3: It just seems like you're climbing the ranks constantly.
Speaker 1: We're going Baby Wheel was like, Bro, that that's like, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: That one come on.
Speaker 3: I mean, if they need a quarterback Nebraska Scott, regardless.
Speaker 1: Of regardless of who's gonna win that game, Like that might not be like the like the most financially driven thing we've done, but it might be the coolest.
Speaker 3: Thing we've ever done.
Speaker 4: Who cares about the money?
Speaker 3: One schools like fight over something that we just decided.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be a cool idea and they do with it. Yeah, that's coolest ship it's now. I don't think there's a chance in helling the Nebrasco wins. I think they have amazing facilities that think Scott Frost is unbelievable. They have a really gordy go hard on the defense, Garrett Nelson, you want to do that, do.
Speaker 3: Feed into it. We're gonna trying to get started. Why are we doing this?
Speaker 1: I do think I do think Nebraska will dominate for the next eight years. But I think it'll be awesome to have the bust and bowl and an arbor for eight I think it'll be unbelievable and I think it'll be great for maybe not for our relationship, but like the all of this right now for sure.
Speaker 3: You guys got to get the Nebraska audience going. That's a performing in Lincoln or Omaha.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, we need to holler at us. We'll do the bust and ball, have to We'll do the We'll do the no, we'll do the drops, the Juba and no. I need to do it, man, I need to do in the uh what's it called the Jesus Christ not American?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the neck I'm not American anymore.
Speaker 3: See, Okay.
Speaker 1: I was talking to one of my friends at the Bust and yeah, that'd be outstanding. I was talking to one of my friends who's made it up very high in the ranks of music, and I was talking to him like he was for the World Series when the Braves was and they wanted him to come see sing the national anthem. And he's like, I don't want to do it. And I was like, why would you not want to? He's like, because if I do it, it's fine. Look I did it here. I am boom. If I mess up, you're freezing.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no oh.
Speaker 1: You don't believe in what I just said. No, you're not subscribing to.
Speaker 4: The messing it up? Who cares?
Speaker 7: It's it's not a respect thing to you know. I just I can't sing that well. Yeah, but I love the I love the game.
Speaker 4: I think if you smoke it with a dangling cigarette and cigarette got out and hey this was yeah, yeah, it's not gonna go well, you can't lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you dive in with that insurance policy you were insurance. If you put that insurance mostly of a I'm not that great. I'm not the people go, hey, it's not bad.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: On top of that, Michel Simpson.
Speaker 1: You can have the crown, Hey, ain't that bad?
Speaker 3: And that we can do a little.
Speaker 7: Insider trading action and you bet the overs on how long the national anthem goes.
Speaker 1: I'm all about white.
Speaker 7: I like to tail are taking the overs, telling everybody right now if I do a national anthem, take the overs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, drag that thing on. I know, my god, that's hilarious, dude, to get back on you, Mike. They this is my this is supposed to be.
Speaker 2: But I'm curious, like when and why did it trans start the transition from mike'stud.
Speaker 1: To just oh yeah, I'm so glad you brought that back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, if I'm being completely honest, I fully could probably you know, he could tell ye I said this. We probably started talking about the idea of switching maybe five six years ago, right, and it was I knew I was going to do it.
Speaker 3: I just didn't know when, you know, And.
Speaker 4: I'm a big like like I said, I kind of just let it flow and when it feels right, But I was I really started to take a step back on the mic stud releases. I was working on a new sound. I you know, I invested in my own studio, my home. I started, you know, like like I said, I started getting the reps and it was like a tough time because from the outside looking in, everyone's like, oh, he's falling off, like it's over, you know, like he had a good little run like the college white rapper, you know, yeah, and everyone else in that space that I shared that space with kind of did fall off in that sense, like he had a little run in and uh, I kind of just was invested in in trying to create a sound, you know, and and figure out what it was going to be. What was it because the old thing just didn't feel didn't even feel synonymous to me anymore as a person one and two, Like that sound itself has ran its course, where like hip hop music had evolved and evolved past what that sound was really. So you know, i'd say we we dropped. We We did the actual announcement and the rebrand in twenty twenty. Right made the decision in twenty eighteen, early twenty eighteen, and I was just working on these records.
Speaker 3: A big guy during that time that came into my life and gave me.
Speaker 4: That gave me the confidence in what I was doing was post malone. He you know, we we had shared. We shared like producers. The producer that I found and got signed and brought out became his producer. We started frequenting the studio and seeing each other a lot. Became buddies, good buddies, and he, you know, there was a there was a moment in time where I was really I was, I was going to sign with him and signed to him business wise, is just it just wasn't right for me, you know, But it didn't really go there. But what I will say is he he gave me a lot of confidence at that time and what I was working on because no one in the public had heard it, and it was this kind of new sound.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what you would call the genre of music that I'm making.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 4: It's definitely not like rap. It's not country, but it's kind of taking the ambiond of some country music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, but it's I was. I hadn't really shared it with anyone. I knew it was good. I knew I liked it. My buddies liked it.
Speaker 4: And that's really the gauge for me, but someone at that stature kind of going on record with me and saying, hey, I really fucked with this.
Speaker 3: That really helped, like personally, and I've.
Speaker 4: Told him that, you know, and uh, just kind of getting over the hump of like, yeah, this is exactly what it's supposed to be, you know, so probably.
Speaker 2: Nervous getting over there, like leaving the hip hop whateverbod I thought of you as.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, like I'm gonna be I'm gonna be candid, you know, Like there was definitely a time where I felt like I was, you know, I was taking steps backwards, like I was in these nights, like I said, grandiose studios with great producers and you know, like the whole I was I was the guy, you know, and then I'm back in my room in my house, working alone, trying to figure out looking googling how to fucking do shortcuts on pro tools, trying to figure out how to do it myself. And it was like a gut check time, you know, but like kind of what life is about, man, you know, I really felt when I look back at that time, like man, I like kind of became who I am now, became a man because I was like, you know, I was kind of back against the wall, and I feel like those are the times where you really kind of figure out who you are, you know, and and that's what this was for me, Like you know, it was it was kind of a it was a double down on yourself type situation. And most people, yeah, most people frowned upon it. Not my immediate friends because they got it like, well they might have just do set it to you. No, they would, they would, That's why they're here. Yeah, you know, I mean, like my guys will tell me anything, like it's not that situation one know. But like I had plenty of people be like I don't know, man, like Mike says, is still doing good making make it like it was still It was like even my my money guys, my financial guys or lawyers, like this is this is a sustainable business. It's growing still. It's an increments and small but like they don't get it. Like I knew for a fact this is the this is the long winded answer, but this is really the answer. I know for a fact being in LA and being in the game, and I was paying attention to like I had one manager at the time who came on, who's very much an in person in the industry, and I know what the statement attached to Mike's said was, Oh.
Speaker 3: That's not like college rapper, kind of like douchey, you know, like that was cool.
Speaker 4: I fuck with that, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like it was that like there was a very low ceiling to what it could be.
Speaker 4: And you know, additionally, I'm just changing as a person, as a human being, and I just I don't even feel connected to Mike's stud anymore as a man. You know, I became from a fucking boy to a man, like I was a fucking kid when I did that, you know, so all of those factors combined made it I literally couldn't continue as is. So then it became what's it going to be? Mike, you know. And then the records, you know, I knew, I knew the records were cool, you know, so I just kind of we start to roll it out.
Speaker 3: We made a plan for the top of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: It was supposed to do a deal with Post. I've actually never really said that. People know, some people know, some of my fans know. But the pandemic comes around twenty twenty, and like I'm supposed to go out on tour with him. He's not touring, you know, so it kind of made this It kind of almost forced the hand, like I'm just gonna do this, rebrand myself and.
Speaker 3: We can we can reconvene on that.
Speaker 1: When you say it didn't align it from a business standpoint, that's what That's what it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it was like kind of the contingency and like the most appealing thing to me was like getting out, Like the opportunity I'm giving skis right. Justin Bieber did that for Posts, Like Posts had a few records out. Bieber put him out. He's just singing, singing to arenas full of people, you know, Post killing him and Post is just an outlier talent anyway, Like he didn't need Justin Bieber to do it. Justin Bieber just saw what he was out of the gate in the audience said fuck, let's go, you know.
Speaker 3: But that was kind of the idea, Like the biggest thing I needed from him.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have some songs together too, now getting them out is another thing being an independent artist in him being one of the biggest pop artists in the world. But we have one incredible record that I think if I could get out, it would be my first true hit, you know. So that's still on deck, you know. But yeah, like the pandemic kind of forced a hand, and I really thank god that it didn't happen the way it did, because, you know, we're just we're having such a good time running the business and doing it the way we are, and now that the numbers have grown, when you have the ownership, like, there's a lot of cool things happening, and it can be really lucrative in a way where I'm not necessarily having to get exponentially more famous to make exponentially more money. Yeah, I'd rather have less fame, way less fame. The fame is the least cool part for me. I'd rather be sustainable, you know, be doing really well, taking care of my family and friends, but not necessarily having a fucking jump through hoops.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that whole that whole question of what would rather have fame or money? It's kind of a it's a difficult question at times. The first thought is is money, But with fame, you can monetize that to make it money.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Fame intern can be money, and that's really when we talk about the record label paradigm, that's what they're doing. That's the commodity exchange. We're gonna make you so much more popular and notable. Your notoriety, your namesake will go the value will go so high that everything you do becomes money. I show up here, get twenty grand. Hey, hey, hold this thing in your fucking Instagram posts. You guys know the game, you know, like everything becomes money as your notoriety goes up.
Speaker 3: For me, I'm just not that type of dude.
Speaker 4: I don't really fucking I'm not mad if you come up and say hello, I'll be the guy who talked to you all.
Speaker 3: Day, you know, But I'm not Hey, how I'm gonna give it?
Speaker 4: How are you back? You know? But I don't really necessarily want to do a bunch of bullshit. I don't really I don't care about attention or fame at all. Really, And actually, if I take inventory of how I feel, I don't don't even really feel comfortable, you know, like it's not what gets my rocks off. You know. I love going out on stage. That's different, you know, like there's a connection that these fans are there for me. They've been fucking supporting me. I made this music, they connect with it. That's awesome. That's different. But I'm talking about going on this talk show and doing this, you know, and doing that, Like it's just not it's not what it is for me.
Speaker 3: No, it's not what it's about for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 1: This is huge, boys, Yeah, this is probably make more famous than anything this. We have massive numbers now I'm going this, Yeah, no question ahead. Sorry, I want to ask that one question about you and Post having an album together. You don't talk about like the necessary hoops you have to jump through, but like, what are hoops that you have to jump through when you're an independent artist with the biggest pop star in the world, Like how Like Yeah for me, I'm like, fuck, I'd love to hear that. Yeah, Like that's awesome. A love Post love you, Like, why wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Just the business of it is essentially like when you sign a record deal, they more or less own your voice certain extent.
Speaker 3: So everything's just like you know, if.
Speaker 4: I'm an independent artist, I have to hop in bed and do business with the record label to put those songs out. Now, I'm willing to you know, I'm willing to, but these record labels have huge rosters with huge schedules, and Post is their biggest cash cow.
Speaker 3: They're working on his album, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So it's it's kind of a I'm more what's good is I have the only reason this even happened is because we're buddies. So Post has a strong enough voice to say, fuck it, we're doing this, you know what I mean. So that that's what I'm That's really what I'm going to need for it to see the light of day. And if it doesn't come out, you guys know Post didn't do that, so go.
Speaker 3: You know, it's on Posts.
Speaker 1: We'll have them on I'll call him right after this.
Speaker 4: But no, man, he's like the best guy ever. Really like we had it was a moment in time he was becoming very, very famous. He was a neighbor of mine in Los Angeles. I mean, we spent so much fucking time together and it was just had had a great experience and then we made some a lot of great songs together, you know, a handful of great songs together. So to answer your question, it's kind of up in the it's up in the air. It's all on Post Yeah. It's all on Post Yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of those things for us, like an uh independent artist, Like there's some non negotiables that you can't You're like, I understand that's how it usually is or traditionally is done.
Speaker 3: I just can't the thing. I'm not going to sign my name on the dotal line and do something like that. I'm not even like one of those dudes like power to the people, fuck the label, you.
Speaker 4: Know, Like it hasn't felt right for me for me to do a deal, and I know I could, I could say not with one hundred percent certainty, but I'm not going to do a record deal for me. You know. What I will say is like I have no problem doing record deal one off record deals for songs, you know. So I don't want to answer the question like I don't want to give them a piece of my overall business. Ever, I won't do that, you know, like like all my songs and everything I do going forward, that's where it gets messy, you know. But if every that's what I mean by getting in bed with his label, Like I'll do whatever because I know the value of doing a record with Post Malone, Like I know what and I just love the song. I want the song songs called die Bar. It's like an amazing song, you know, so it's it would just be really cool, and I know Post loves it.
Speaker 3: We went out for his birthday. I went out there.
Speaker 4: I just wrote and wrote the song and he heard it and he just fucking sang it right there and writing a fucking Airbnb that I had at the time in Utah, in Park City, Utah.
Speaker 3: So beautiful spot I've heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's beautiful. Yes, we spent That was where like the whole no mad thing happened. I that was when COVID started. I went to when you were on the snow the snow area, Yeah that's and oh that was Montana, Yeah, Montana, but I went, I went it was Yellowstone before yellow Snow Area.
Speaker 3: That was tough fucking job. We just all brushed over it though, like it was nothing that I knew exactly. I know exactly what you mean.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean we went right when COVID started, went out, it was his birthday. We sat out there for a few months in Utah, and that was what opened my eyes. I was like, I gotta get the fuck out of Lam. I just felt better every day waking up, you know, it was like a literally like a just in the air felt better.
Speaker 3: So that that was kind of what pushed me over the edge. We sold the sold and left and we were on our way.
Speaker 1: When you're on the outside looking in on l A, you're like, wow, it seems beautiful, definitely hills, all the beautiful people, green weather, beaches and stuff like that. But the more time you spend there, the more people you hear talk about it's like kind of tough, but there are people that love it. Like Brendon shab was on the podcast and he said, he's like, you get what you pay for with the taxes.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. Look like, I don't know what Rogan's talking about.
Speaker 2: He doesn't fucking yeah, he doesn't encounter any of the bullshit he says, Yeah, Yeah, Brennan's.
Speaker 3: My fucking guy.
Speaker 4: He's the man.
Speaker 3: I mean he uh.
Speaker 4: It's it's like I think it was THEO Vaughn who said he said this really well. He said he likened it to a layover. Yeah, in LA it's like you go, you're not there for forever, You're not staying there, you know, and like everyone's kind of going there and trying to get something from the place. And it's not to say like the people like individually, like there's a lot of great people there. Like when people say other people suck in la like it's it's not like fair to give it a blanket generalize everybody. Yeah, it's not a blanket statement thing whatsoever, but the general vibe, it's kind of like it doesn't have a comfort, you know what I mean, there's no like comfort. Everyone's like trying to scale the wall and get higher. And oh, like the girl even girls like oh was that Beaver's last night? And Gezi's and then like it's just like always and and like it's legitimate because if they fuck around and you know, fuck Geezy that night, who he's fucking everyone and.
Speaker 3: And just know he means it, Yeah, and he means it.
Speaker 4: He's a good dude, great dude. But like there's there's opportunity there for these women. Not maybe maybe Jesus isn't the best example, but like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We'll say Geezy, but we don't mean Jesus. I don't even mean it.
Speaker 4: It's just yeah, like literally like there's opportunity for I mean, we talk about attention being monetized. Like I know girls that went out there were twenty thousand followers and got two million. Is because they dated a few guys. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, So like that's a real thing too, and could do that. It's just like the style of the well I'm that's what me and Micro doing right now.
Speaker 3: He d Kardashian for a couple of weeks. It's over Mic right now.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he's putting me on.
Speaker 3: My numbers are going up, and I'm gonna get it and I'm gonna go pick up Jeezy.
Speaker 4: Once I'm done.
Speaker 3: I'm on a world tour. It might be a little rough with you though, you never know.
Speaker 4: You know, what I'm saying is always greener.
Speaker 7: It's just the style out there in La Man. I mean you said, all right, individually, people can be great. I have a ton of friends out there. I miss it out there, but it's like the style of like the social life is just not not for me, you know.
Speaker 1: I feel like that can be said for most bake cities in a way that like you know, those just pass over people, Like if your life's a movie and you're just walking down the street, there's people you're gonna see that you never are gonna see again. Then you go into these bars and you meet people and it's like I know this person, I know that person, I'm fucking this person.
Speaker 4: Whatever.
Speaker 1: But the more you like kind of dive in. This is kind of how it was for me in Nashville when I first get here, your first round draft pick, and everybody wants to tell you who they know or how basically giving them your resume of why you guys should be friends, right, and then you kind of think, oh, man, Nashville is just a superficial town and it's no close to LA. But I feel like New York's like that, like that National is becoming that. But the more you live in a spot, the more you're exactly what you're saying is you find those people you're will comptence where you're like, oh, these are my fucking boy.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I mean yeah, I was in I was in LA for like five or six years, and I was like, you know, when I left, I had the same core friend group. Sure, I made a bunch of other friends, but I had the same core you know, ten fifteen dudes that I hung out with. And then as I'm like watching all the all the homegirls that I made, like they're on their thirtieth friend group, like over the five or six years, you know they're on.
Speaker 1: I think women have a much tougher time than then when it comes back to friendships in.
Speaker 4: La, it's it's tough, bro's you know, you'll get chewed up and spit out quick.
Speaker 1: It's a tough lit area, big glasses, not wearing a lot of clothes, got to stand shape.
Speaker 4: Everybody's tall. Well, how about you go to will for a second. How is tell us about being a new father man, We're we're in.
Speaker 2: The trenches a little bit. I know it's not everybody says it gets worse. So I'm just always prepared for the worst home for the best type of thing. But sleep is minimal. But it's been awesome, bro, Like my wife, she's been crushing Charles's been shout out trying no free shot to trow she's been crushing it.
Speaker 3: We've been communicating well, like we're just like a team dude and baby. Yeah, sirule and I almost forget her day. Yeah, but I'm just saying, like, you know, you kind of don't know, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like both of you are kind of sitting there. You know, you're not going to know how to approach the situation. Like we're we feel like we've we like prepare for certain things that happen. If it doesn't happen, here's playing, b here's playing. See, here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: We talk ahead of time like it's just been awesome, dude, Like she'll take a like a look, we went to Tennessee yesterday, so I was going all the University of Tennessee, the University of Tennessee for a bus and spring tour. You should all take like the first half of the night shift, like yesterday, I took like the second half because I know I'll be up, I'll be gone all day and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: We get back, I take the baby. But your fatherhood has been awesome. It's been a little bit of a grind. But yeah, she's a stud. She cries sometimes a little too much, and you.
Speaker 4: Guys, yeah, tell her to shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll whisper in her ear. You stuck her too much yet I haven't shook her too much. Like, hey, you gotta take this passive fire motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Well it's in the morning.
Speaker 1: Take the god, damn past Will I will Now.
Speaker 3: What I will say is I respect how you've been monetizing the baby. Dude, monetize the baby. We texted about this.
Speaker 1: It's a very a lot of different opinions about monetizing baby, and I'm respecting.
Speaker 4: You should have go with it.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 7: You should have heard how he said. We were talking about, Well, yo, will, you're gonna come to the show on the nineteenth. He goes a man like, I got this thing. You're talking about your baby. You have a father, and you got this new thing I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm a dad.
Speaker 3: Now she'll enjoyed the show.
Speaker 1: Bringers, we have to you know, hold her up her on stage, monetize the baby. We put a chuck but in her hand.
Speaker 4: I mean that's how that's how you rationalize it to the wife said, fucking feed her?
Speaker 3: You know? Do you like? You like this home? We got a new opportunity, maybe can make its own income. Now you're winning. You're sitting costs right, you're bringing three incomes now exactly.
Speaker 2: But it's been awesome, man, it's uh, it's definitely new learning stuff every day with it. But you yes, Rulian's been awesome and knock on wood that she stays pretty dope about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh it's been good, bro.
Speaker 1: And the baby's crazy with with When my first kid, that first couple of weeks, I remember just being in the corner of a room to kind of like take away all outside like influences of her keeping her up and just like standing and just kind of like rocking her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I sit there and do that steady and just like kind of like just waiting after a night sing her a couple of mics, so just sing whatever song's coming over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like if we're texting, it would be a mic song or something.
Speaker 4: But it's like getting.
Speaker 2: And when I'm sitting there and I'm getting like you know, whether it's frustration or not just being tired. But I'll sit there and just think to myself, like, Yo, this is gonna be the only time I have like my firstborn kid in my hand. So like everybody says, change the extra diaper, like do all this stuff, I have embrace as much as the bullshit as you can because it only happened one time. Not to like, you know, put the second child behind the eight ball, but the first new the only newborn, the first I'll ever have, and it's like, you've got to enjoy those times.
Speaker 1: You do get a little cocky at the second child. I think this before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like I'm a mess. I'm the fourth ye boy, have two kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you the fourth the fourth guy. Yeah, I feel like the fourth one.
Speaker 1: The lady is like, don't even come on whenever, just don't figured out. Yeah, he's like, keeping you alive.
Speaker 7: It's any cigarettes. When'm tired, He's like, here, just get out there. Man, you're pussing me all.
Speaker 3: It makes more sense now why Mike's kind of fothering you. You got need someone, need to actually ship together. It was time. I needed directly said it was time.
Speaker 4: It would have it could have.
Speaker 3: Gone off the train and could have got off the tracks.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, dude.
Speaker 3: You guys been making some headlines. Yeah, I actually stoked to have you on.
Speaker 2: Like the day after all of the headlines of Baker Mayfield, he came on the You Never Know podcast.
Speaker 3: Go download, subscribe to it. It's phenomenal.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: Listen to that whole episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, but yeah, you guys been making some waves out there, some highs or lows depending on how you see.
Speaker 4: I saw you too.
Speaker 3: The twitter as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my thought was kind of when I was listening he said, was it would you say, like, are you, uh fe disrespected?
Speaker 4: Someone's got to ask the hard question. Yeah, I know, I'm talking to myself. Once you askedaid, oh, you know, you know that's gonna go.
Speaker 1: But it's an obvious question to ask in the situation Baker's in, like anybody, and everybody's gonna feel disrespected.
Speaker 3: I agree, but yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, look me me And the thing with my podcast is like, you know, obviously I'm a musician first, and you know, got got a lot of business stuff going on, and the podcast is actually one of the most free and easy things for me. Like I don't It's just another thing in our world, and I love doing it. I love sitting down and having conversations with people. I love it, you know, And I feel like nowadays you don't really get the chance to just if the cameras weren't on, Like we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Speaker 3: Someone your wife would call something, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean, Like, yeah, it's just that that thing, you know, and you more in the moment, right, And I have a great I have a great group of buddies, like whether it's because I have the athlete background or just I think the athletes gravitated to my music more so than any other group of people. So you know, I've cultivated a really cool network and it felt like a no brainer to do the podcast. And like this example, I just went on Instagram and talked about it a little bit because everyone's just like it pisses me off, you know, I get I get pissed off with like sports media. I know you guys are technically technically sports media in a way. Don't put us in that fucking you're not though you're not. I was just I was just gonna say, though you guys hear that clicks. It's the same thing though, like you guys are at you guys are, You're one of them, so they that's why you guys are winning. And you're getting more and more guys coming on and just having real conversations because they don't want to go sit across from fucking skip baylists and get pride and my get pride for answers and clickbait and things, and and like my, what bothers me about it? Is like we had a ninety minute conversation, and I thought it shined an incredible light on him who he is. I love Baker, like he's one of my good friends, and and you know, just to see that, like it's just such a clear story that that what what the media does? You know? Like they took fucking two soundbites that were like ten fifteen seconds long, and in the same breath he goes like when he said disrespected, like he goes, but that's part of the business, right, in the same breath.
Speaker 1: Well, and the same thing with him in the cubicle saying the cubicle thing. He goes, I probably shouldn't have said that. He's like, you know, he's like, obviously you can't, you shouldn't, but he's just like right, he said things and then was.
Speaker 4: Like I didn't need to do that, And like, there's just I don't know anyone who with any fucking savvy whatsoever who doesn't have, you know, an ulterior motive or a preconceived notion. Like even if you had a preconceived notion, I've gotten thousands of messages being like, yo, thank you for showing him.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't like Baker before then he was an asshole. It was like that with us and Johnny Manziel exactly, And that's why I did the thing ballll on line with Johnny.
Speaker 4: He's like, I have a weird vantage point with these guys where I fucking see him for who they are really like, yeah, they fucked up and or if they've done something wrong or whatever. I don't judge people off their mistakes. I don't think anyone should be judged off their mistakes.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: So it's just corny, Like I hate I hate sports media. It's actually firing me up to care a little bit more about sports. Like we've talked about it, like if I wanted to want when one of my buddies, like I could fly around every week and get a crazy sit down with everyone. I don't like the ironic. The irony of this entire thing. Was the only reason that podcast happened right then is because I was moving. He's my neighbor. Yeah, so I was just like, we've been talking about doing it, and I was about to leave, We're about to go on tour, so come to Nashville. So he's like, yeah, let's do it. And he had wanted to do it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like it was kind of his like he hit me. We were out, you know, he was over and we're like, yo, let's do it next week. So the podcast in Nashville or Austin.
Speaker 4: In Austin and he was like five houses down, you know. So it like every interview I've ever had, it's just one of my buddies. It's happenstance that were in the same place. I've never been like, hey, do you want to come on? You know, like fly them out or whatever, none of that shit, you know. So that's kind of the nature of the whole thing. And we knew we knew it was probably going to be a thing. I just didn't I didn't see it going as I watched that episode and before we put it out, I didn't see like people demonizing him the way they are, and it's just pissing me off, you know, like he's.
Speaker 3: Got it doesn't seem like they're being deep. I'm sorry, I interrupted might be aggressive. Well, I isn't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think people are demonizing him because what people are saying about the Johnny Manzel podcast we did. I don't know Baker Mayfield. I love the antics some unantics guy. So when he's doing the doing the fucking nut grab thing against Kentucky and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking shit.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, that's cool, Like because if he's walking in talking and I think, Uh, when I was watching that podcast, here in his his struggles of uh being at Texas Tech and then having to leave and go to Norman for a month and a half and just play Rex Sports and then finally get to meet the coach when it gets cleared all that shit, and you're like, dude, this dude's been through it.
Speaker 3: And then you go listen to the mainstream.
Speaker 1: Media of Sports Center Skip whoever it is entitled Ehether, he's entitled. He's never dealt with issues. He was numb one over packs lay Bro. Regardless of what you like, how many stars you are, everyone has a different journey, but there's always adversity regardless, And that's kind of the issue is people want to frame up people. People could look at me and be like, oh, he's the first round pick, he's made Pro Bowls, he was the highest pay at one point. It's like yeah, but there's all adversities you go through. They might not be as as dramatic as this next guy or something like that, but every day's adversity and with more stuff like more.
Speaker 3: Was it what's a Spider Man line?
Speaker 1: Where it's like with what we talked about it the other day, with more power becomes more responsibility and you know what I'm saying, Will's tired, don't don't ask, and he will Will's Will's happened this conversation the place with the snow, But it does it shed a light on Baker that I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: I don't matter.
Speaker 1: I don't watch a lot of podcasts, but I saw that and I was like, it's making headlines. Let me see and you love me so I do love you to death? And you see but you see like what ESPN is saying and you're like, damn, like he really just said that, And you go look at it and you're like, he didn't really fucking say that. Yeah, it was words came out of his mouth, but the context of what you're saying it in it's like you're making it way worse than it is and like.
Speaker 4: Framing it like he was like saying it seriously. He was like, you know, like he said it, yeah, breath, you know, and we're laughing and it's just like we're talking about you know there's there's I think there's a lot of delusion in the we talk about this a lot, like the sports fans, like he's a huge sports fan. I'm just like, you don't call yourself a sportsna because do you feel do you feel like me?
Speaker 3: You love sports?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I love sports like I sit down sports to sit down and watch sports.
Speaker 4: I'm saying the sports fans relationship to the teams, the players. I mean, you guys can probably connect with this. It's just like the ownership. I believe the entitlements backwards, like, oh, you get paid millions of dollars, man, like, fucking suck it up, like one you're not paying their fucking you know what I mean. Like these guys worked their entire lives while you guys were bullshitting going through your childhood having your fucking first drinks and your parties and doing this shit and going to college and doing that. These guys, like as much as you could argue God's gifts, you know, there's there's so much diligence and discipline sacrifice to become the greatest, like to become good enough to be at that level in that you are not don't compare yourself to No, you won't trade jobs with them because they've actually been working their entire lives to be and and just because you're living in a region where the fucking they get drafted to that team, why do you feel entitled to tell them how their human experiences?
Speaker 3: Like, I just don't I get it.
Speaker 4: I love it. I know sports as a staple in American society and in the world, Like, I think it's very probably the best form of entertainment.
Speaker 3: We have music and sports and heating up with the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Those three things are really TV, not so much those things really boxing in.
Speaker 4: Really getting impactful in people's lives, and sports, like there's a lot of power, powerful moments and emotions and sports. I totally I'm not downplaying it, and I'm entertained when I sit down and watch a game, you know, I'm just not people aren't even living their own lives.
Speaker 3: These guys, we have this joke, like they're not living their own lives.
Speaker 4: You get they get so attached to it becomes part of their being, and they they're fucking angered. And then now they're rude to their wife and their kids because the team lost. It's just I don't I don't. I think it's fucking.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking it's backwards, and it's backwards.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen Mike is fired up.
Speaker 1: And to be honest with you, like I don't think you're wrong, but I think in a lot of ways, like mainstream media, there's necessary evils that come into play. Having the passion of fans. You know, when we lost to the Bengals in the division game, you couldn't talk to Jack.
Speaker 3: Garrett for a week.
Speaker 4: They were so hurt.
Speaker 1: And it's like totally driving force of people growing up and deciding I'm going to be this fan. Is has propelled us as athletes to be able to make the amount of money we have to have the kind of eyes we have on us now, the opinion stuff, that's that's where the that little blue bird that we like to tweet on, that's where it gets a little difficult because now everyone can say how how they feel exactly. It's like you can say we when we love when the players loose, when the coaches and the players lose the game, but it's really not we, you know what I'm saying, Like you are a part of it, but at the same time, like we have to do it right. And if you're gonna if you start coming at us, that's like it doesn't do anything.
Speaker 4: I'm totally with you like this, this is just my opinion where I'm talking about like life, you know what i mean. When I'm when I'm when I'm thinking about like my being as a person. This is my outlook on it, you know, like I'm not. I've never been a person who's been fucking impacted when the team I played at Duke, you know, like the team won the national championship, Everyone's going nuts, and I'm like, you know, it's just me personally.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm mad they did without you. But I totally understand. And that's totally what you say. I said, you're mad they did without you. But yeah, exactly, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: I just that's just me as a person. But like that's such a valid point. Without the passion, it goes both ways.
Speaker 3: They can escape, right and you know, like you know as.
Speaker 2: Well as anybody anybody who's coming who's coming at you on Twitter, any social media like it. If it's real, it says more about the person and if it's affecting you in a certain way, like Baker, what I respected about Bakers even though saying all that stuff, like Baker knows who he is and what kind of status is around him. He knows that on your podcast, like there's gonna be headlines regardless of.
Speaker 1: What he says, even you to say there's tw clips, there's gonna be something else taken.
Speaker 2: But he's gonna play with you because he you know, he trusts you, and he knows what's coming out of his mouth. And like he said, whether or not it's true, it's it's it's up to him, like it's all on him, but he he understands that.
Speaker 3: I feel like the way he gives.
Speaker 7: A final say too, like do you know if Baker goes on any of those like skip any of those guys, like if he accidentally says something, he doesn't get to come back after and be like yo, don't put that out like they're waiting for that moment.
Speaker 3: But Mike, you guys the opportunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did you guys get him with everyone every Yeah, that that goes to show you even more he just doesn't give a like he doesn't really give a fuck. He cares, He cares enough to say he doesn't want to say anything bad. Obviously he doesn't want to upset anybody. But to your point, he knows himself. You know, he's comfortable when talking to his marketing guys are just like oo, like this will be a this will be a it will be a fucking fire.
Speaker 2: You know, it'll probably be more you know, asshole tight about than Baker will. Like listening to him, Like it's like the same thing with Johnny, like do you have the regrets and all that stuff? Like listening to Johnny, you just know he's forgiven everything that he's like, he's given the but he's taken the power.
Speaker 3: Back from where he used to put it with me or other people's opinions.
Speaker 2: It seems like Baker when he when he spoke some about the struggles he go through when he would read stuff like he's like, I see everything as much as I said, don When I see everything, it's.
Speaker 3: No different not to see right, And he understands that.
Speaker 1: Like at the same time, like when he said, uh, what did he say where He's like, yeah, but that's the game. When he said he felt disrespect, but that's the game.
Speaker 3: He gets that. Yeah, he's given you.
Speaker 2: He's given you a very zoomed in version like let me go, you know, boost somebody at the cubicle. But then he can sit there and say I probably shouldn't say that. He can zoom out and say you can understand the human element side of it is what I'm getting.
Speaker 4: At, I think. But I think that's the value in what this is why you guys are having success, It's why it's it's why podcasts are becoming. Podcasts will soon be the real format for for these and people just want, like, you watch that episode, you can a real temperature on who he is.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you don't get a temperature when.
Speaker 4: You put him up on a fucking one of those ESPN's across the table and they're trying to you know, like it's just even when you sit down and have like one of the more serious talks like the sixties, sixthy or whatever, it's just not the same. There's just this candid feeling where you literally feel like you're on the couch with us.
Speaker 3: We're on our couch. My dog's got a fucking hog out on the.
Speaker 4: ESPN right by the way. Yeah, everybody was asking about the dog. Got some like some like overweight guy who's like a sports media guy. I don't know his name, offhand. No, No, some guy goes, you know, this is off topic. You quoted it, this is off topic. But what are they feeding that dog? His back's gonna hurt? And he was fat and I quote sweet and I said, is your back hurt? It's just if I don't really care what you say about. Maybe you go, I'm going to bat for my dog. You know I voice, you have a voice, right, it's just having we're having a leisurely little what was it like a Sunday. It was like a Sunday evening, just like them casual. You know, he's just getting it uppen. But the cameras are on too. Yeah, whatever, he goes to me every time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean that's the whole vibe.
Speaker 2: But job too, because like we'll do the same thing, like if if a Pottern episode is taken out of context, like us our audience, like we can direct we can directly go to the source and just say you're taking this out of context. You can say all this stuff because again in the same breath, like playing Devil's advocate to it all. Like the media has a job to do as well, exactly, and you take certain clips that are going to get cut up you know they're gonna go viral if you're somebody who strictly talks about football, not the scope of life, not the scope of the overall human being. But if you're just talking to football, drama and everything else you got to have, you're trying to earn a sense of credibility by they're saying they made the right call, they made the wrong call.
Speaker 3: Here's what I think about Baker.
Speaker 2: Here's what I don't think about Baker, because they're trying to have like their own take, like they got to do their job, or if like fans are going back and forth, like Baker said, it too the true Cleveland people, like the real ones out there who are going and clicking and watching the whole pod, who will probably sitting it. Oh I like this take, like Taylor said. But most of those people aren't gonna go to Twitter and understand everybody's arguing about it.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be oh I like this dude. Now, that's why it's.
Speaker 1: Got any people. Yeah, those people that it's something for them that they're so pissed off about that they got to try and punch up or tear somebody down and bring them down to their level. Because they're trying to be seen by masses too, to make them feel relevant and who they are, Like, oh, look at my chirp. But when you go out there on on stage and somebody some Steves that signed up on a thing, you know, I fucking who's the skis, You're like, you need to get rid of that guy. They're they're they're just trying to like they're trying to feel relevant in their own story.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And and those people, the guys like I totally understand. I like you said, I think you put it really well. I like to I'm liking I'm definitely taking the opportunity to point to the truth of it all, like at least from my perspective for my fans, and trying to rally it in the right direction because I care, and I care about Baker and I don't just don't he don't even give a fuck, you know what I mean? Like, which is the beautiful thing, which is ultimately like good yeah, yeah, but just That's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: But I'm also not oblivious, like this is what these guys do. Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith get Bai, Like, these guys have jobs and they have families to take care of. And this is what you fucking do so you can you can go in circles with this, you know.
Speaker 3: And one thing you guys said that is like reals, like people ain't living their own lives.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I kind of it is an escape.
Speaker 1: It allows you to kind of take away from let's say something's not going good in your life, and you're allowed to go and shit on somebody else, you know, do your thing over there.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I feel a little better, you know, it does.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you something. Sometimes I wake up and choose violence, yeah, you know, and I go to bed. I was like, that was a good day, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, I used to be like I used to have a like I don't know why, but I had a rage inside me. Yeah, I think everybody the reason I the reason I am the wato wolves inside of all of us when people like.
Speaker 3: People shop on me who have been following me for a while. Now everyone's warmed up to it.
Speaker 4: But like I came out like I'm not having sexy conversations about the girls I'm fucking are doing that. I'm talking about like spirituality, a lot on that podcast, like real life because.
Speaker 3: People that you're on shrooms the whole time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm not like mom sometimes, but dude, like you know, I just fucking like I don't want to go through life the way I was, Like, I had a fucking such an edge, like I would. I would someone says something to me, I'd fucking I'd hit him, you know, Like I used to get in trouble. I almost gotten I did. I got in serious trouble one time. My twenty first birthday. I spent my entire twenty first birthday in jail in DC. Serious jail, like serious lock up.
Speaker 1: It was tough, Like wait, what's a serious jail though, because there's like jail in print.
Speaker 4: Like it was. It was fucking I had a felony, a felony assaults charge. Uh beat the fuck out of this dude who was saying something to me. I don't even it was a drunken night where they got I think. I think it was just when I was starting Mike stud like a few songs or two out and I was at Georgetown grad like I was playing. So when I said I made my first song a twenty two, I literally graduated from Duke still had two years of eligibility because of the Tommy John surgery.
Speaker 3: So I go to Georgetown Grad.
Speaker 4: I'm just like I'm gonna I'm putting songs out, but I'm not gonna be a musician.
Speaker 3: I'm a fucking you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to be a baseball player whatever reason. I get in a fight, and I used to get in fights all the time, you know, Like I had a rage inside me. I don't know where it came from, and I wanted at one point growing up to me was like what is that like? Actually look at yourself and evaluate yourself and don't be fucking real, Like I don't want to be that person.
Speaker 3: That's that's not even it was part of my programming.
Speaker 4: I grew up in like a tough neighborhood where like he's just like that's how the kids were.
Speaker 3: Everyone like Northeast, like hard.
Speaker 4: Nos Like would you say, bro, like that kind of vibe, you know, and I'm just I started seeing it for what it was. Long story short, the fellony charge got dropped because of a fucking camera Like bro, I almost went into I was gonna be serve like time a year, like I fuck.
Speaker 3: Was he injured?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you have any priors before that? Did I?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, but he had a I mean it was I started. This is actually we could This is an interesting point. Like I started the Mike stud career about fifty thousand dollars in death. I come from like a very lower middle middle class maybe lower even, like yeah, no money, you know, like yeah, like no money does fucking waste Like I was. I owed my parents one hundred couple hundred thousand dollars after I left like school, especially going to Georgetown for a year. Like you only get half scholarships for baseball.
Speaker 3: That's if you're good. Yeah, and that's if you're good.
Speaker 4: So you know, I start this career, I'm fifty thousand in a hole because I lost the civil suit settled. Like he had a few major surgeries. Really yeah, so you must have this, dude, it doesn't happen thought.
Speaker 3: That dude, American History X by the curb motherfucker shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. A few fastballs, bro, you know, but like if I'm not in fifty k in the whole, I don't know if I like because what happened was like I was still playing baseball, and then I hard to get a little buzz and I started to get book shows for like.
Speaker 3: Five thousand dollars to come play a college show.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yes, yeah, So like I actually had to, I like basically left school and forfeited my compliance.
Speaker 3: Like as an athlete, you can't make money that time. So I left.
Speaker 4: I just like went on a whim because I was like, yo, I need money. I don't really like playing baseball anymore. I'm like a watered down version of myself.
Speaker 3: I was like, because it was really good surgery. Yeah, like bro, I was.
Speaker 4: Throwing, throwing five six miles per hours, slower, everything, the fluidity in my arm, like nothing felt the same even if I was getting out, So I didn't know why, you know what I mean, Like it didn't feel the same.
Speaker 3: God, I thank god he didn't hit them, motherfucker. Yeah, Like it just hung that thing up there. I can't believe he didn't hit that.
Speaker 4: Before I just knew exactly what the fuck I was doing, and it felt perfect. It felt like exactly what I was supposed to be doing on the earth almost you know where this this It didn't anymore, So I just I went after but without that that debt hanging over me. I don't know if I would have like really went after it and started fucking going right away. I started going and playing every single show like and and trying to pay back the money. Damn. Yeah, that's wild. Well it worked out, worked out. The criminal charges got dropped. Luckily, I was about to get kicked out of school. I left anyways, it didn't matter, but the criminal charges got dropped because there was a camera over the pizza joint and it shows him approaching me, coming into my space first, and he actually touched me.
Speaker 3: I punched him first, but he he came in and like came in and like about like Mike Studd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was something along those lines. I don't even remember, like and that that was kind of it took I don't even remember. It took a few years for.
Speaker 3: Me to even look back at myself and be like, the fuck is wrong with me?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, like, going to that moment you talked about this rage and then having the basically probably the most important conversation with yourself taking yourself talkers through that, How hard that was.
Speaker 3: And that process shut out the mushrooms you know.
Speaker 4: About it? It was it was part of my overall growth for sure. Yeah, definitely, I'm a big I'm a big fan and big proponent of like microdosing and psychoelic And there's like the experiences you hear about where you like you actually kind of start to break societal norms in the programming that you grew up with.
Speaker 3: That's real.
Speaker 4: Like I no one can tell me it isn't because I experienced it. I know how I used to be and I know how I am now, so no one can tell me anything else. But in regards to that, like I think I had a I had a breakup. I had a relationship with a girl, jose Canseco's daughter. It was the only her name is Josie. She's She's a great girl, like my only relationship I've ever had.
Speaker 3: I'm in LA. Things are going great, right the relationship.
Speaker 4: It's the first time I wanted something and I couldn't figure out how to make it work. And I never really even had a vulnerability where I was even like I never even had a girlfriend. I was always just like kind of a playboy dude. Never yeah, just never like locked in with anyone, you know, So that kind of rattled me. To the point where like after that and I couldn't figure it out, and I like it was actually like I was actually fucking like sad and also being in LA for six years weighing on me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, after that happens, I'm in this nice house with my friends. You know, if you told me.
Speaker 4: Five years ago this would be your life, I thought it would be like a static and happy and proud, but I felt none of those things.
Speaker 3: And I did have this ant like to this point, I hadn't really rectified any of the.
Speaker 4: Anger I had, And I think, well, I know now, like the way I was reacting in my relationship, that relationship wasn't supposed to last anyway. I know that now. But I started to evaluate every reaction I have, all the reactions, like all the things, the way I would act and what I would say, it was all egotistical. And you know, like I would have never thought of myself as an egotistical person, like not blatantly cocky.
Speaker 3: My name was fucking Mike's stud So that says enough.
Speaker 4: Like there's a little bit of ego too, you know, a little bit of ego in there, buried in there.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like, how were you being able, How were you able to? Were you reading? What were you doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I so, I I like it was tough.
Speaker 4: It was. It was a tough probably four to six months where I like, I stopped, I stopped going out, I stopped drowning out, you know, the sadness and partying and fucking strangers, you know, and doing that type of shit and just being wild like, and I just wanted to I care about life, like I actually, I want to have the best experience I can. And I knew, I knew I wasn't going the right way, so I started to I just had to sack up and like kind of look in the mirror. Biggest thing for me was reading books like I talk about this book all the time. Anyone who has any type of drawing to like wanted to wanted to kind of work on themselves.
Speaker 3: This was my bible. It's the Seven.
Speaker 4: Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra. It literally I had a euphoric failing reading it. You could take that as you will, no drugs, nothing, and I had done drugs, so I know what you for. I know the hw you get from that. I just felt like someone was speaking to me and I've never stopped. I have a you know, Steve's book club. Like we talked about books. I fucking love book.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: And dude, you couldn't pay me to read a book. I went to Duke, I didn't want to read, you know, like I didn't want to learn, you know, and I and I just I became.
Speaker 3: I felt it. I felt it.
Speaker 4: I felt the tides turned, and I wanted to go inward and start fucking building myself up the way I actually want to be, you know, the way I like when I close my eyes and think about the future. I'm sure every guy does or every girl. You try to envision what.
Speaker 3: Your future is.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like being a dude with like, you know, two babies with two different girls and partied too much in his in his heyday, and it was like it was like being a fucking respectable guy.
Speaker 3: Like an honorable guy.
Speaker 4: You're you have a daughter and then they look up to you that type of that type of situation and me being angry and like hitting a guy every time they say something bad to me, What is that?
Speaker 3: That's horseshit?
Speaker 4: It's not honorable, you know, like me not being able to have gratitude for the gifts that I did have at the time, which I had a lot of gifts. I had to look at the lucky breaks I've had, like even just being born with an athletic ability at all, or being being born with a voice where I could fucking turn into music and make people fucking listen to it. You know, those were gifts and I couldn't. I wasn't really appreciative of any of it. And that that was an awakening. Like when you realize you're not you're not really thankful for any of the things you got in your life. It's it's scary, you know, Like That's how that was the emotion I felt, and I wanted to. I didn't want any part of it. I wanted to. Once I realized it, the self awareness became a thing and I started paying attention to myself and my emotions.
Speaker 3: And how I felt.
Speaker 4: I realized I had a lot of work, and I'm still doing it all the time, Like today, you know, fucking first hour of my day, I read, I meditated, and I do it because I have a rage in there.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't want that rage.
Speaker 4: I want to eradicate that, you know, and that's kind of the that's like, that's like one of the bigger goals.
Speaker 3: I love that. One of my biggest goals in life.
Speaker 1: Is that's a It's a hard thing to make progress towards yourself as an individual because once you realize you're making progress, you want to make more. But at one point you realize, oh, I can never stop doing this. Yeah, because you're always trying to achieve that next level of like what's mywareness?
Speaker 3: What can I how can I be better? Self awareness is a gift and a curse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about what the ignorance is bliss, Like, if you're not paying attention, you're hurting people. You know, you're not even thinking about it, louck it. You know, like your your your human experience, your life is fine. But when you start shigning a lighter on yourself and you're paying attention every day and you're looking at it, it could be painful. But I also think it's it's the biggest gift because that's that's how you can grow, you know what I mean. So without the awareness, you're just you're going around in circles. I'm interested in growing and changing and reinventing, Like, yeah, you know, and I think that's that's a huge key, is the self awareness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably I would I would assume it stuff for like, you know a lot of people have like an achievement myset, like being athletes. Can you say, oh, how how do I achieve and get to the next like awareness thing like catching myself?
Speaker 3: I like, you know, how do I I feel like I'm here?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: How do I get here? And it's like you can't even really be thinking that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's there's a Devil's advocate in it where it's like I want to achieve something, but you also have to be happy about where you're at. If you're just happy we you're at, where's the drive to get where you want to go?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying?
Speaker 3: That's always like you're kind of fighting that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough and it's I think what everyone learns is that as you get older is like life isn't supposed to be easy. We talked about this in our podcast. What gets us into trouble is the expectation that life is supposed to be easy. Why do we have that expectation? You know, like who taught us that it's not supposed to be hard. Why why do we why do we think like what was me?
Speaker 3: Fuck this? Why is this so hard? It's just part of the human experience.
Speaker 4: And and you know, knowing the athletes and knowing a lot of guys who are successful and and have all the all the gifts that people look at.
Speaker 3: Me like, how are they unhappy they got millions of dollars? Or I don't get it? Man, give me that, give me his wife, I'll be good man. Times you walk into a place where someone's like, if I had your size, I'd be doing this, this and this. Yeah, probably not exactly, but but even my my point of agree, disagreed.
Speaker 4: Biggest the biggest size guy ever complain about his size, But you're looking sick no matter what. Even if you are big, even if you are big, you're gonna just have like, even if you are great and have these great things, you're gonna have a different set of experiences that make it hard.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Everybody, it's like I want to say, Tony Robbins says it it's not a upstanding facts that cost stress, it's the meaning you give the facts. And that really hit home with me one time because it's like we all have. Everybody has their own their own life. Right, Just because like I play in the NFL and do X, Y and Z, doesn't mean I'm not going through my own wave of stress just all like everybody, it all means like the same thing. It's like the meaning we're giving the facts. Just because something happens to you doesn't mean, oh, this fact that weighs outweighs yours. It's like, what meaning are we attaching to it. I haven't met anybody. I haven't met or heard anyone says anyone.
Speaker 4: There's ten different guys on this buses, anyone not had really bad days and stress and and fucking you know, just feel fucking terrible. You're an NFL star first rounder, went on and achieved your dreams. Have you had sad days and terrible days? Sad days for sure? Dark fucking it right. Yeah, I've had two lucky breaks and that was part of my thing. Like I was like disgusted with myself for not being happy because I'm like, what the fuck am I complaining about? You know what I mean? Like, and I'm you know, like I go to a fucking order of cheeseburger. Then the guys happier than I am. I'm like, I'm starting to wonder what the fuck is wrong with me?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But I think what I've learned as I've dove into spirituality in general and like trying to be enlightened or trying to be as enlightened as you can and at peace as you can, is everyone that everyone's having a different version of the same experience, you know what I mean, like in some way or another, you know, like everyone there there's a yin they call it, like the yin and yang to every everything in the universe, you know what I mean. We're getting very deep here, but this is this is kind of where this is like where there there's there's there's an opposite to everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I know I've had fucking terrible days.
Speaker 4: So anyone at home having a terrible day, like it's everyone can can share in that, you know, I mean, everyone can. It's it's a unification thing really, like everyone's having tough time.
Speaker 3: You know. It's made me be nicer to people. I used to be a fucking asshole.
Speaker 4: If someone said something I didn't agree with, said, fuck that guy, you know what I mean. To fuck you, Like, if you don't like me, fuck you you suck you know where. I don't know what the hell he's going through. I don't know what happened to him last night or last week, or he lost his dad a year ago and hasn't been happy since. Like, that's shit that I started to think about that I never thought about. It was all about me, you know, always, And I think that's that's growing up for me at least, you know that. This is my version of growing up, and it's been helpful for me to Ironically, I've gotten more successful the.
Speaker 3: Less I've cared about.
Speaker 4: Like you think when you talk about like having an ego, you gotta have an ego to be great, right, like an obsession. Yeah, and like you talk about, especially athletes, you got to think you're the fucking biggest badass, right, you know you need that. But at the same time, there's another side of that coin, like I personally subscribed, I like, don't try tattooed right here. I think we're sposed to be who were supposed to be, and when you when you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. Yes there's hard times and yes there's grind, but when you're being here you're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: You don't have to try to be it.
Speaker 4: You just be you, you know what I mean. Like to me going and making music and doing it for ten thousand hours, that was just that was where I was in my life.
Speaker 3: That's what I was supposed to be doing.
Speaker 4: And I actually got a lot of success, Like I got a lot more tangible success when I stopped caring about it as much.
Speaker 3: Take that as you will, you know what I mean. Because you felt more aligned with what you were wanting to do.
Speaker 1: It's more like when you're saying, like desiring certain things, it's like, it's not bad.
Speaker 3: I don't think to have it as a desire.
Speaker 2: Maybe too many could be tough because you're trying to like chase all these different rabbits. But maybe you're like, when you're aligned with your desire, you're you're probably you feel like you're not trying because you're you were being who.
Speaker 3: You want to feels organic to you, right, well, I am supposed to be doing this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it might.
Speaker 1: Seem hard for other people, not like it don't try Like, hey, you're trying to you're trying to get a scholarship.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't don't worry about it, don't even try. It's like it don't work hard thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that don't matter about the people get messed up about as that one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: I work hard, Like I tattoo that on my leg as I'm I'm working. I'm working the hardest I've ever worked. Like I'm making music every fucking day. I'm on business calls every day. But my point is, like is Charles Bukowski is one of my favorite authors. And that's on his tombstone and his story more or less, I'll give it like a nutshell. It was just like he wanted to be a famous writer his entire life and had a terrible life, like was ridiculed as a kid at a bad skin disease, never found love, had a terrible, you know, terrible go of it, worked jobs, He hated right what rite right, right, right right, And it was coming from a place of lack, like I need this, like I don't have enough, you know, like I need, I need, I need, And his career took off. He became a legend. After he stops carrying it, it was over. He was like in his sixties, you know, like he was his hate, his prime had passed him by, and he was writing just for the pure joy because he needed to.
Speaker 3: It was him.
Speaker 4: He wasn't trying to be a famous writer. He just fucking needed to write. And he's up caring about like it's detaching from the results. And that's when you get the results, right, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 7: People, you know it's too late to find out that the journey was the whole. Yeah, point, Yeah, you know what I mean? Yeah, exactly. I think I think the destination that you're trying to get to is ever evolving.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean is the journey?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like there is no such thing really because by the time you get there and you achieve that goal, your goals have shifted, you know, really, or at least you get there. We could speak to like you get it, you check it, you check a fucking like some of your biggest goals. Like once you get it, right, like your life isn't fucking completely transfident.
Speaker 3: You look to the next thing. You're like, Okay, I like, what's next? What am I going to next?
Speaker 1: The first time I had a pro ball, I was like, oh man, if I can get two though, right then you're like that dude, Oh if I can get three, you know what I'm saying that that type of stuff.
Speaker 3: And McConaughey has a good He was doing a speech or something like that.
Speaker 1: I think he was accepting an award and he said, like someone came and asked him who his hero was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fantastic, right, and he said he's.
Speaker 1: A legerd hero is always ten years ahead of me. I'm always chasing my own hero though. And it's like, if you can do that in a way that you know that's the path you're on, then you're then you're cooking, baby, exactly, And you're cooking.
Speaker 3: I think you're never going to attain it. He's like, Yo, I'm never gonna get Yeah, you're never. You're never gonna get there.
Speaker 1: And as long as you're okay with knowing, you're never gonna get there, because like, to use your full potential in life is impossible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're never.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 1: There's too many lives to live. There's too many interests in this world for you to do absolutely every single thing you want unless you can obtain like time travel, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, But for I lost my thought No, Yeah, we're talking about we're gonna say one thing that's difficult, and then you went on that thing.
Speaker 3: I lost talking about a goal and reaching a destination.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we're all floating together and yeah, and I just let the let the air out.
Speaker 3: We're now and I'm like, ye lost it.
Speaker 4: But that's really that's that's like how I'm how I'm leading my life right now. And it's been nice for me. It is I think, Uh, everyone's different, you know what I mean, And so like I don't I know, I just know how I felt. So my experience with it, like I know what it did to me. So I try to share on my platform a lot, Like for a lot of people it's probably too woo woo.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't give a fuck because it's just my truth and my platform. You listen to it or you don't, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But it's just what happened to me, and it's given me at least a chance at like a fulfilling life where because I know where.
Speaker 3: I was going. I was just going towards what's next, what's next? Wise? And it enough? Why isn't it enough? You know?
Speaker 4: And I don't like one of my favorite people in the world. He's the guy dropped me off, isn't it? Rasachi? He Uh. He showed up to one of my shows seven years ago on a mopead. He drove five hours to one of my shows in Omaha. He lives on a farm in Iowa, and he wasting. He was there before the show started, hours before. And this is back in the day when I had like four hundred person shows. And he's there in a full versace jumpsuit, and I just he just captivated me. He's now my right hand man, lives in my house. Who's my It just takes care of me. He's like my mom and dad squeezed into a slightly overweight Mexican guy. And he's the best guy ever, right but he but he he fucking he's literally the most content fulfilled, comfortable. Like his resting heart rate is like he's borderline dead.
Speaker 3: Like he has the dirties.
Speaker 4: It's low, like it's in the four good for him and he and he's just like he's just so fulfilled with just being being here, you know, like it's it's just it's just enough, like and and that's one thing I'm I'm if there's anything I want. My goal is just to have enough, like it's and and create my you can kind of create enough just right here in the moment, if you if you can get your mind right, you know what I mean, This is enough just having having a human experience and even the hard parts of it. It's enough, you know, like it's enough to have. And that dude, that dude showed me like I'm inspired by those dudes. I have a bunch of famous friends who fucking so successful and millions of dollars and in every sense of the word, are killing it.
Speaker 3: But I looked at him. No, it's those too.
Speaker 1: You're just like you feel like they have so much like stress or they're like anger, or it's like something's not enough.
Speaker 3: You're just like, bro, you got a lot of shit. Yeah, yeah, there's a thing like that.
Speaker 4: Someone says something just like you get to the point where do you own the things? Like when you have a lot of things, like yeah, you own them?
Speaker 3: Or do they own you?
Speaker 4: Like all you're doing is like paying for upkeep and like worried about and don't touch this and don't touch that, like you know what I mean, Like I'm I'm going I'm just going the other way, like I drive a jeep, you know what I mean, Like, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: It's it's a nice vehicle, Chevy, but it's nice vehicle. It's not it's not a Chevy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know what I'm saying, Like honestly, like I said it to him versa on the ride here, I was just like, we're ramping up. We've been very idle. I've been working hard, but in the house a lot through COVID and not touring for three years. We're about to go on fifty dates a big tour, and I'm ramping up and being more and I'm like, I don't even know, like I'm gonna. I'm gonna the challenge is to be president, to enjoy it all and not dread it. But like you know, I'm I'm not necessarily like super that that doesn't get my rocks off anymore, having attention and being on stage, and you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So that's just like the direction I'm going. I don't know what it turns into.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I fucking retire in a year, I don't know. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: It could just be nervous, not at all, like I'm not nervous. I don't get nervous. I've never been nervous about playing shows ever. I don't know why, but I think that says like, do.
Speaker 3: You know, were you nervous when you play baseball? That's why I say I get nervous.
Speaker 1: The reason why is when you played baseball, you put so much pressure on yourself and you transition to something else, You're like, well, I was, I'm not gonna be stressed about this because I was. I'm just left something I was stressed from exactly, and I'm and I'm and I'm like, I don't have any expectations of myself as an artist.
Speaker 3: I'm supposed to suck. I don't even know.
Speaker 4: Like now I've I've gone on. I've been doing it for a while, so you know, it's a little different. But like when I started, I would just go out there and bullshit and like that was all Like my whole performance style was birthed out of not being good.
Speaker 3: Like I had two songs like yeah, not trying, so I'll go out there.
Speaker 4: I'd have twenty minutes in front of the crowd, and I by the time I got off stage, I like, I like that guy. You know, like we got drunk and we fucking played some songs, you know, like kind of that's just how it all came to fruition. You know, I don't know, I don't know where it goes from here. I love making music, I love performing. That's not what I'm saying, but I'm definitely My biggest goals are just about being present, being peaceful, you know, like I fucking love being peaceful, Like being in Montana the snow area. Yeah, no area, Yeah in the snow uh yeah. It was like no one in the cold water.
Speaker 3: There was no one around it, and I fucking loved it. So, you know, these are all new things for me.
Speaker 2: Baseball is back. Shout out game Time no free shoutouts to the boys of game Time. And if you're watching right now, just take three seconds hit that subscribe button on YouTube, or hit that follow button on our Apple podcast or Spotify. The only place to get the best, the best last minute tickets is with the Game Time app. Ever, dream was sitting in the seat that you never thought you could behind, on plate first row, on the outfield catching dangers, It's all possible with the Game Time app. The biggest last minute price drops can be found on the seats you thought you could never buy.
Speaker 3: Last year Times home game.
Speaker 2: You guys know, the boy was chowing on the couch for pretty much the majority of the season. I would hop on Game Time App. I would hit me some incredible seats, seats I never thought that I would ever be in. But I love being in these seats. I'll probably be in them again this year.
Speaker 3: Ain't that right? Toe, That's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: We're buying all of our sports tickets with the game Time App. Download the game Time App, go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code. Bust and BUSSI in for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 3: Terms apply back to the episode.
Speaker 1: Of all the places you've been traveling from your nomadic lifestyle, what was your what's been your favorite one?
Speaker 3: I know my favorite one for you.
Speaker 4: Me and him got different answers.
Speaker 3: We talk about this a lot, John, you got one.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't even listen. He wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we we definitely like, we talked about this a lot. We we loved all the houses and shit.
Speaker 4: Like, one thing we have done is we've nailed the houses, you know, so we've had good setups and stuff. I would I would pick There's different answers for different things, but I would My favorite is Austin, Texas. I think I'm on the lake there. I just love it, and I think it's the most well rounded. That answer is for where I would probably settle, you know, the most unique and and and like really interesting for me, I think personally me, because I think the guy's got a little board. Was Montana. We're on a hundred acre ranch. There's no one in sight, it's fucking middle of the winter. Always saw I saw more elk than fucking people, you know. Yeah, yeah, And you know, so water and mountains are like my things, you know. So the lake we're on Lake Travis and Austin, and I loved Montana.
Speaker 3: I loved it here. You saw you came to the house in Broadway. Yeah you had a nice and I said, wow, I mean that you would not go on around you. I wouldn't die if I live going on. I mean, like talk about the opposite of peace.
Speaker 4: Me up there, great ski the baton. Yeah, he's gonna go go do the raw ross stuff. Yeah, live there.
Speaker 3: They did live there. He's I don't think he's he's not with the squad anymore. I don't know where he's at.
Speaker 4: He's out.
Speaker 1: I wanna sounds for Julio Jones, everybody, Thank you, thank you. Where do you uh see yourself in? Like I mean, I don't want to say, like where do you see yourself in five years? But earlier when you were saying you don't know how much longer you can sustain it, what do you actually see you for yourself.
Speaker 3: In the future.
Speaker 2: It's funny, Well think about it, like what's something that's starting to come out of Like this is where I see myself going.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hate this, cause I'm gonna give you an answer like I I've already I've already talked about this with somebody, Like I can't answer that. I don't know what I'm doing. I know what I'm doing for the next fucking five months. I'm toring, but I these guys know I have some weird things in my life. We're not gonna go there, like relationships and.
Speaker 3: In Europe and like I want to go to Europe, you know, in general.
Speaker 4: Before this even happened on his way, I think, yeah, like I'm just I'm just fucking I don't know. I know I'm gonna make music for for some for a good amount of time. Still, will I be like everything we're just talking about for me, it's going to a place where like I don't think it's like I don't think it's like the best way to live the rest of my life, Like taking out my phone being like, hey, guys, here here's where I am today. Maybe swipe up and fucking download my new podcast.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like I do that, you need to relax.
Speaker 1: We love what we're doing. Yeah, that's gonna be the promo.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be that guy we do stars exactly.
Speaker 4: No, I'm doing the same thing I'm saying for the longevity of my life. Like I don't I don't know when that bell goes off or I'm just like, you know, I don't know. I don't know, like I I do. If I had to guess, I'm gonna make music and tour for at least another two or three years. Do I think I'll ride off into the sunset and like people don't know who where the fuck I am and what's happened?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: I think that will definitely happen at that McAfee. Yeah, it's just like I'm making money, I'm hustling. It's not to be seen like I'd rather disappear, if that makes any sense, you know what I mean. I'd like to make enough money and have enough success where I feel I have closure with it and I know my friends and my family are good, you know what I mean, And then I can you know, because I want to have my own family and do all that shit.
Speaker 3: You know, I've lived such a ratchet lifestyle, like very.
Speaker 4: Immature, you know, like all about me, women all the time, you know, nothing real like, so there's there's other things to life that I'm aware of, and I'm just fucking being becoming spiritual, and shit has kind of like opened my eyes to it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I used to think it was the best thing ever to just fuck whoever and you know, and and and just have all the attention and and not have responsibilities and ship.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So I don't know, that's that's where I'm headed. Steve, Yeah, big pop, Steve, you don't monetize the baby. You got to.
Speaker 2: Get a little bit, will I'll be monetizing my baby, yes, the little baby bucket hats with Steven stranch On.
Speaker 4: That's when I'll come back there you go, I'll come back to the internet, and I have a baby, and I'm ready to monetize her. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm ready to monetize her be a girl. Just oh as far as like things running their course, Ball Don't Lie? Yeah, what what's happened with Ball Don't lie? Man Johnny And Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like I'm I am a full time Johnny Manziel wrangler, Like I'm that's probably one of my best gifts.
Speaker 3: Like I'm one of the only guys that can wrangle him in for some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And and he's one of my favorite people, you know, Like he has his hardships and his have been blasted all over the internet for years and TV and everything else. But love the guy. Root for the guy.
Speaker 3: It's one of my missions is to help him be sustainable.
Speaker 4: And there's like there's like this hooplab about him that's like he's comes from oil money man, Like he's good.
Speaker 3: Like no, like there's money in his face. It's not his he's not.
Speaker 4: But I mean, like I know him, we're he he needs, you know, like he's he's looking for stability in his life and he has his own battles, and I love the guy.
Speaker 3: And I want to help him, and we've done well a.
Speaker 4: Few different times, making making him some money, and we're working on something else with with no oh really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe we even bleep out. We can bleep out, bleep out, Yeah, well bleep.
Speaker 1: Sleep we need to bleep out, don't when they bring up when they bring up about Johnny doing a thing with Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you able to spill some tea for bleeping out? No? I mean you know, like I think you should. Yeah, there's things we can bla there's an obvious just the next three minute bleep this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's an obvious there's an obvious story to be told right with him. So that's it's not rocket science what it's going to be, you know, but it's doing it the right way. And we have we have a I mean I'm in the middle of it, uh, but we have we have an amazing partner.
Speaker 3: And it looks like it's gonna come to fruition. So it's it's still it's still premature, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's time.
Speaker 3: He's ready to. He's ready to.
Speaker 4: That's what bottle't Lie was a step in the right direction and just kind of showing his true colors and like he has to, you know, he just has to stamp his put his dig in a little bit, you know, on the next chapter, dig in commit, you know what I mean. And and Battn't Lie I think could come back, like we're kind of taking it in seasons, you know, but like I think, I think the whole goal was to kind of get what we're working on now, like a bigger a bigger like more or less taking what the content matter of bottn't lie and telling the whole story visually, you know.
Speaker 7: Like.
Speaker 1: The right way, the right way where visually you watch it, like the Tony Hawk documentary they did that HBO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fantastic. And and I think it will.
Speaker 4: I think it will be really great for him. And he he's actually ready to like give it, give it another chance, to just like rebranded, a fresh start, you know, like whatever whatever it's going to be. I think he's extremely personable. Everyone who meets him loves him. You know. I think he's gonna figure it out. And I'm just trying to be the guy that can help him in some way.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: He's a fucking legend, you know, probably the most polarizing in college collegiate athlete of all time top five at least, you know so Hoping Robinson, Way, no way, do you think it's the most collegive Who do you think is the most polarizing collegiate athlete of all time?
Speaker 3: If not N's minus Tim Tebow. I was gonna say Tim Tebow is a big one, more than more than Johnny Bush is a good one.
Speaker 4: Johnny just because he had all the just because everything that was like Tim Tebow wasn't like getting shot out in a Drake song, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, but that wasn't his clientele.
Speaker 1: He was getting shot out in every church though, what I'm saying, and that's a way bigger demographic.
Speaker 3: Valid, way bigger population. Yeah, Jay's been shot out and on the president.
Speaker 4: In college years it was good point. And I'm talking like literally like Lebron James is wearing a money Manzel fucking T shirt doing the money Manzel and he was a fucking college kid, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Like, but also Tim Tebow didn't. There wasn't as much social media then. There wasn't really what Johnny either. It was the very beginning.
Speaker 3: What year was that it was ten years Well, we didn't have the same draft class.
Speaker 4: So fourteen, Yeah, it was about I think he said a decade ago, the same draft class.
Speaker 3: You should have seen You should have seen Johnny during the draft. Oh what was he doing?
Speaker 5: Bro uh?
Speaker 1: Because he was thinking. We rode over in the buses over there. It was like Mother's Day weekend, so his mom, my mom, him and a bunch of other players and their families are driving and he's sitting right behind me and he's talking about like, I think It'm gonna be the first overall pick. Like he's like, because I knew who, but there was talk about him being that. And one of the big question marks was like all the stuff kind of was coming up, like, oh he parties a lot on all this because he had a lot of time. He won the Heisman so young and then eyes around the whole time, so there's so much more dirt on him. And he thought he he thought there was a chance he'd be the number one overall pick. And we get to the draft room and obviously he went I think thirty one or twenty eight or higher. And the way it works in the draft is is like when you get picked, you get picked, and then you go and do this like room this media room of shit like with all these like mainstream media people, and they talk about how excited you are to be a Tennessee Titan or Cleveland Brown or whatever it is. And after that you kind of go back through the green room to leave. And I was going back through the green room to leave and he's sitting there like you could just tell you, He's like, fuck this place.
Speaker 3: I do not want to be here. So mad.
Speaker 4: When did you go?
Speaker 3: Fourteen? That was the same year, so twenty fourteen. How was that experience? It was cool? Did you always bad ass? Just kind of knew you're gonna be in the NFL your whole life type thing. I knew it's gonna be a bad uh badass. I knew I was gonna be a nfought it was a bad ass when I came out of the womb.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you asked No, I knew. I knew I was gonna be the NFL when I got my first scholarship offer, like that's I knew that that was like the the path I'm going to take. That's like that was because at that point where my life was, it was sporadic. I had I was in legal trouble, I was doing a lot of bad ship and then all really yeah, all of a sudden, I get the scholarship offer.
Speaker 3: You knows, I thought he was joking.
Speaker 4: No ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like doing a lot of bad ship.
Speaker 4: Now I got a little.
Speaker 3: I'm thirty, now, you know what I'm saying. I got two kids.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to be the best at I can be, you know exactly. But I knew like that from that point. Okay, I'm gonna go to the NFL case.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. There's obviously times of doubt, but like not really. When I saw you, you were, you were your knee was banged up. No, dude, it's still little, but it.
Speaker 1: Works real well. An They're both little. I just got little legs. Yeah, these little things move though. You know what I'm saying, work for you, they're working for me. A couple of pistons, just getting after it.
Speaker 3: Have you been in have you been a tighten your entire career?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Since fourteen, so going on nine. He was the longest tenured guy. No, our punter is he's been there for twelve. He's not taking any fucking impact.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, it's really cool because like I feel like yesterday I was a rookie. You're like, damn weird do it for ten years and like you're going to your nine Like yeah, they say, don't fall in love with the franchise, but I've absolutely done that. I've absolutely fallen in love with the Tennessee Titans. I love like being a part of it. I love the culture. And I say it all the time. I love being a part of something that's really wasn't special. I wasn't a special franchise. There's nothing really no draw about the Tennessee Titans in fourteen. We're really bad to helping being a part of something that's like grown potentially and like has become like kids have become fans, and yeah, you have great players like Derrick Henry and it's just like it's been cool.
Speaker 3: You've you've you've seen Nashville Transformer in front of your eyes.
Speaker 1: Been Yeah, it's day and night different the skyline, right, Yeah, it's been wild. The guy before me, Michael Ruse, who was here for ten years. It's really cool because in the last twenty eight now going on twenty nine years, Tesse Times have had three tackles. Was it was great longevity.
Speaker 3: He hop was the first tackle. He was there for ten.
Speaker 1: Michael Ruse played for ten. Then I came in replaced Michael Roose and it's been nine. So it's been or going into nine, it's been it's been a really cool experience. Super lucky because he kind of when you get drafted, everybody wants to like stay in the same spot they are, and you have this idea of what your life's going to be like as a player, and you know, for the most part, except for these last two years, it's really gone exactly like it has in my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know when you say, except just the injury. Yeah, injury. I came back.
Speaker 1: I tore my a cl really three years because I I I popped for a ped that I didn't know I was taking. Obviously I can go down this whole ratit the debate allegedly right and argue with a bunch of people again. And then the end of the year finished great once the AFC Championship. Oh he's in joining the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I just figured I would switch it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah when the scene, yeah, bodcast are dude. Yeah, I do like the brand too, it's that's hype.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got the p D, and then the next year I tore my a c L and then last year it was just I was it was kind of like what you were saying when you were talking about baseball, how you just kind of like towards the end of season, I was like playing better, I was playing well. I'm like, how am I doing? Like how do you guys not getting past me type of vibe right now? Like I feel fantastic again. So I'm really excited to see like what happens in the future.
Speaker 4: Amazing. I mean, dude, that's a a fucking long career. I mean, knock on wood, that's the fucking like, well, this is your ten over here, your ten. You're going on your ten, loading your tins loading how you might come back. I want to sign some light on you for a second. You're you're doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing right now. I hope you know. I hope you know that. Like I do feel really when I watch your like the ship where you like call the guy into the closet laugh, I'm not fucking entertaining that easy. Like I was laughing lou loud, like it was you had let's go, but what you're doing. I mean we talked about it on our podcast when you came on. For any of the Bust and fans that haven't seen it, let's shamelessly plug it. Go check it out. I was sweating profusely. I think I was hung over again or something something happen. Probably were I don't know what happened. You get me, you get me hot and bothered. Yeah, Johnny, Johnny, but you're doing uh, you're doing it like you're you got to. You got a little thing for this. Yeah, I feel like you can really crush it. You guys are doing great, especially for the social media world. This man, he's probably the best fall on Twitter. Like, you know, just go after it's really good.
Speaker 1: We're in that phase again, you're just getting complimented, well, learning to accept the compliment. Yes, that's a very difficult time of like yeah, it's like you want to hear it, but when you start to hear you're like, all right, that's enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Like I'm already smiling.
Speaker 4: I want you guys to know I'm happy for you because I know, I know, I know what it's like to be like, you know, the career, like you were fucking eat your everything in your life was about football, your entire life, like for the most part, like you were just that guy. You're like a gritty, fucking I'm gonna bully my way into the NFL. And you did it, dog, Yeah, and you did it. And then like that's gonna run its course. I don't know however long you're gonna do it. Still, but like it's obviously you're not an idiot. You're not a fucking idiot. Like you're paying attention, you know, but you're and you have that yeah, that little not confusion or just understanding what's next.
Speaker 3: And like absolutely I'm here to say you're doing exactly so you don't now, but I think I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man. Really good pick up playoff really yeah, oh yeah. If I was a guy, I just pick you up just from morale. I don't know how you're a morale. Guys, there's a price for that. I'm still hey, the Raiders are still in play that I'm not pissed at the Raiders. Yeah, everyone, everyone's still in play. I take back, are you.
Speaker 3: Still is that a joke? Or you like still wanted to play? You want to play another year?
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, please just do us a huge favor. I know we've talked about it gets a little bit done. No, it's a little bit better when it's me and we'll doing this thing. But if you could go to Instagram follow the boys. If you go to Twitter, follow the Boys. If you go to YouTube, subscribe to the boys. If you go to Apple Music or Apple Rite Music, Apple podcasts, Apple Podcasts, subscribe to the Boys. Go to Spotify, subscribe or follow to the Boys. I'm really not sure what they do on that one, but I will.
Speaker 3: Say you do it.
Speaker 1: Seventy percent of you guys are not You're just kind of ghosts following the Boys, which I might have said that makes you a Tier three, but let's bump that up to a tier two years. It'll be all right talking about a little icon Pass right now.
Speaker 3: The moment is now.
Speaker 1: The best deals of the twenty two to twenty three season are happening at iconpass dot com. Seek Summit scenes, We'll tickle and future sheds, shred sessions before the prices go up one hundred dollars and promos, and April twenty second, it's time to keep the stoke alive. Seek a season of fun in the mountains and do across fifty of the best ski destinations in the world to turn up. To turn up the stoke another notch, the icon Pass crew welcomes three new legendary destinations to its family of mountains, the Story Slopes of Chaminnis Chamminis in France, the sun Drenched scenes of Sun Valley, Idaho, and the Powder Pillow.
Speaker 3: Deep History of Snow Basin in Utah.
Speaker 1: Additionally, new pass options have been added to the mix, starting at two forty nine Adult. The icon Pass Session two day and the Icon Pass Session a three day offer a range of affordable entry points, furthering the flexibility and availability for writers of all means and styles experience to experience this family of unique worldwide destination Score the best prices on Winter twenty two to twenty three, and get all the early season goods before they go away on April twenty second. Buy now right now with access to a total of ten destinations by April eleventh, which I think we're passed. What's today's date. Yeah, we're at the eighteenth. We're past the eighteenth, So you can buy now nor right now, but you can still jump on for two forty nine Adult Save up a two hundred dollars and child passes With a purchase of an adult pass, you can still rock that, I believe, claim your past at iconpass dot com before April twenty second, when prices go up and spring promos go away.
Speaker 3: And now back to the showy body bag or headline headline, make sure you for sure bleed the part about Johnny doing anything.
Speaker 4: Make sure you for sure bleed that.
Speaker 2: No, man, It's it's kind of one of those things like I uh, I've talked about with a couple of people, like, uh, I'm very proud of like the career and everything I've had, Like I wouldn't change anything, do you think like continuing to play it would be for reasons that people I make kind of obvious with like the brand and having fun and playing into it, like the stress of you know, wondering where am I going to train every off season and constantly thinking about absolutely everything that revolves around football, right and being like getting that one percent fucking better and there's like anxiety with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go to make the team. I'm going to a different city this time.
Speaker 2: Like you gotta like you know, get quiet, put it over your head, reinvent yourself a little bit like that stress laying on the pillar and being like, yo, am I gonna be on this team? Like that type of those type of anxieties of kind of like gone, and it's more of like I enjoy playing because I know the ten year old will would be hype about what I'm doing and how I've kind of done my entire career.
Speaker 3: Like I feel at peace with a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: So whether or not it happens, it's just, you know, that is what it is, Like I would enjoy playing again. Yeah, But as far as like that that want to like the obsession and the time and energy you got to put into a sport like football because it's a violent fucking game, right like you that's like a mentality that comes with it.
Speaker 3: And you know it's obviously it's like a bad.
Speaker 2: Thing to say or say it out loud, and with all the gems and the head coaches that listen to this podcast, you're right, But that kind of same drive that if I'm wanting to throw my head in the fan and put my face in the fan, just isn't there anymore?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It takes uh you guys like you gotta be kind of tapped to be like an NFL foot, like to take the fucking physical the just the physicality of what you guys do. Like and I was, I was an athlete, but like playing fucking baseball, would you know, like.
Speaker 3: Never heard of it?
Speaker 4: Never heard of it? No, But what you guys do, it's just like you guys are a different breed, you know what I mean. Like and to be a regular person in society, like you see a lot of guys have trouble with it. It's just like you're literally fucking running into a wall every day. Like if I can't think of something else in the world that I want I don't want to happen to me to get well, do what you do literally just get pushed and shoved and fucking trying to get thrown out of the way every fucking you know what I mean, Like you're literally a trench. Just are gritty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a little grind out there, but it's one of those things where it's so hard for you to see and deal with. I can put myself in any game I've played right now and be like, yeah, it's just kind of what you do. Yeah, like you doing music for me to think, how am I gonna sit down and go write music?
Speaker 3: Put it be together? What's this course going to be?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: How's gonna make it sound good? And then I wonder if people are gonna like it? Like that's a tough I can't imagine myself going to do that. It's it's the same thing over here, like I can. I can play football right now, and in my head it's I know every play, I know my techniques. I know is they're more of a finesse to your position than people. What's what kind of player you are? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I do. I'm because for a guy that's just more relatively athletic. I don't know if you guys have heard, but I can I can move. I can move, and that's that's a strong suit of my game. Like a lot of dudes are very overbearing, very like heavy guys, and I'm a slimmer three oh seven, three oh eight, where it's like, what are what are my strengths? Well, my strengths is quickness and you know, leverage and where I can kind of dip and move and bend a little.
Speaker 4: Bit better little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I I definitely play a bit of an edge too, So if you kind of a lot of guys like to think like the big kind of cliche tattoo.
Speaker 3: A lot of guys gets like the lion.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, I would get a gnat like because for me, I'm like, I'm just gonna bug you all for sixty minutes.
Speaker 3: I have better conditioning than you. I'm gonna be around you, bugging you, poking you, prying you like. That's my game.
Speaker 1: That's a little different. And that sounds terrible, terrible like that. Yeah, I can see it. And that's about anything else at the bottle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Comeback season, I said, Taylor's that dude. Now, comeback season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we thought it was last year.
Speaker 4: It's wrong. We were wrong.
Speaker 3: What is time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's always come back this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it still is exactly always come back the years a year.
Speaker 1: Right? Who made that role this year?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: We appreciate both of you coming on.
Speaker 2: Oh hey we got we got a good tear talk. So we're doing uh, we're doing tear talk. Now implement this segment called tear talk. Today's tear talk is most attractive fictional characters. Okay, so Jack, Jackie boy back there, just like Jack.
Speaker 4: Great mullet, great man. One of the better mullet mustache combinations i've seen it. It's Hey, that's.
Speaker 1: I said, you want a mic wave? Now you so, Bro, I haven't let I didn't even know that this dude had music like that. Like I just got on him and I haven't stopped listening to him.
Speaker 5: Love it.
Speaker 4: You will fire? Are you guys gonna be able to come? Or now you're not gonna be able to?
Speaker 1: What's the date?
Speaker 3: The nineteenth? I can do that an hour, don't don't. I'm not coming, Mike. I'm truly gonna do my best.
Speaker 4: The boys that I was doing. Well's got this new thing he's trying out.
Speaker 3: There's this new gig I got going on. I gotta be too, but I'm gonna wait it out.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I'm legitimately gonna try like I'm gonna try and yeah, finagle that a little bit.
Speaker 3: I want to be there.
Speaker 4: I'm hype for you, bro.
Speaker 3: I'm still You're still going on coming but coming, but like the support let me if you can, you know, I don't know what the talking. Bro, we're still in the pods keys, are we still? I am?
Speaker 2: I am fired up for you bro, I think it's cool you're getting back on tour and doing all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Next to Jack's still talking to got the pot going, They're still on it, We're still on I guess yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just kind of telling him I'm hype. I'm hyped out for all your success like it fires me up. And I will say I'm gonna pull it out too. And make sure to read this verbatimas one thing that you did for me that helped me a lot when my mom passed away, you sent me a nice mestress. And the boy's going to do his best not to get a little, a little teary at about it. I don't remember it, but you reached out to me, and what did you say? At some point, we are the eldest, we are the leaders. Take a moment, com just breathe through this. When our parents goes, when we truly become ourselves. Hey, I'm vulnerable with you, guys, because I.
Speaker 1: Until then, there's always a little kid inside uh, inside of us somewhere who calls mom or dad when something is wrong. This is essential, This is an essential part of our self mastery. It's your time. I have no doubt you will absolutely body this and become even better. Time to make her proud and uh, you know you're then it was just I'm here to talk if you need it, Send you love your way.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 3: But that helped me a lot. I appreciate it. We just had a moment, Taylor. We just had a moment that the big moment but for real that that uh wrote me out.
Speaker 2: And I have an incredible support system, Like Taylor came to the funeral right away some yeah, because he sent me a message that like really resonated with me.
Speaker 3: And it's a message that people.
Speaker 2: What's crazy about it is I got back on the pod and I did it from Vegas, like maybe two weeks later. We took like a week off and stuff. But I felt it would be powerful because obviously death is like death is a part of life. So I talked my way through it on the podcast because everybody was obviously reaching out and doing all this, and uh, a lot of people have reached out to me since then. I'll check my d ms whether they had somebody that passed already, somebody who's just recently passed, And your message is one that I share is a constant thing.
Speaker 3: Because that really helped.
Speaker 2: Me kind of like wrap my mind around it just a little bit more because you're you're doing all the things to wrap your mind around. Like I said, like my family, my friends, my best friends, my my circle, like everyone rallied you. I just wanted to say that, not that it it's something that I felt like needed to be said publicly, but I did want to like appreciated.
Speaker 4: I remember, I remember talking, I remember talking about it and and I could, you know, I know, I didn't know how I have both my parents still, so that was coming. You know, I've lost people in my life, but I've actually you know, when we talked about reading and the things that I'm spend a lot of my days on, like death is one of them, and just the idea of growing up and what happens in these hardships, and I don't know, it just felt, you know, felt like the right thing.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm happy, man. That's that's great.
Speaker 2: And like you've always been, you know, I know, you're like Mike's that and you got all this stuff. But the like one of the big reasons like I follow and like kind of like look up to you in a way is the stuff that you read, stuff that you share you know, you.
Speaker 3: Know when I'm like, hey, what are the books? When you put me on the Seven.
Speaker 2: Spiritual Laws and stuff like that, but I've just always been like, you know, yeah, it's always been something I've thought about.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. What's the Seven Spiritual Laws? That's what it's called. Yeah, you gotta read that one. And it's so like, even if it's not your thing.
Speaker 1: Like it's right up my all four Agreements type of stuff, like I'm big into that for me. Will and I talked about this a lot because it's like when you grow up, it's like reading what the funk would ever?
Speaker 3: I could watch TV? You know, once you start reading. I was starting him on the phone.
Speaker 1: It's like I have a hard time justifying reading something that's not like making me better as a human being, too, Like to read something that's nonfiction, Like I I'm in the Harry Potters right now, I'm watching the movies. I've never really seen the movies before, kind of diving into that given my resume, who I think, who I think is what? And I'm like, if I were to go back and read those books, my wasting time that I could be working on myself.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying totally relate to that. Yeah, I don't. I don't read fiction. What I will say though, that's why I said nonfiction.
Speaker 4: I meant fiction. What I what I will say is like it isn't as a beautiful thing to just change your mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah there's power in that. Yeah, absolutely don't be a reader.
Speaker 1: Now, it's just like it's something as simple as we talk about in this podcast all time, Like we can just try to say whatever because I could change my mind at any point. And now that's my opinion, right.
Speaker 4: You know, like a lot of people, if you look around in the world, everyone's so attached to the what they think is why why does what you think about something? And why does everyone need to feel the need that everyone else needs to agree? Yeah, you know, like it's a weird construct in society. You look around, there's a lot of a lot of trouble because everyone's butting heads, you know, but like it's coming from an attachment to their beliefs. You think about the political system and you think about it's all these attachments.
Speaker 3: Oh this is what we think this fuck them, We're gonna blow them up, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like, the fuck is that that's crazy to me, you know what I mean, Like it's crazy to a lot of people, but like, you know, it's like you said that about Harry Potter. I'm the same way, like I you know, like they'll give me shit like I don't really watch a lot of stuff I don't. I don't and a little rigidly like we'll say the same thing, like I don't want to read it if it's not if it's not actually supplementing my life and growing from it. Right, But even that's kind of a wrong construct. Someone someone said this to me recently. I opened my eyes to It's just like no, like, if you read a story, it can be really inspiring in a whole way that you can't even fucking imagine, you know, like you're using your imagination to you can read a fictional story and like, you know, like you're using another side of your brain to like envision and imagine what the characters look like and and who they are and how you know everything. It's just it's it changed my mind. I'm going to start doing it. But I'm the same way. I haven't read any fiction because I'm I don't feel like I have enough time, you know.
Speaker 1: It's unique how there's like we've talked about, there's so many different ways to live your life. And one of those things that people are doing now even making money, is like video games. But for me and I think will kind of feel this place. So it's like kind of like we're kind of treating life. It's like a video game now, Like instead of like getting all this stuff in this video game, it's like how can we grow unfeed our plants on the on then the real world essentially, right, but now everything's going with the damn metaverse. So I'm like, do I need to start playing video games?
Speaker 3: Like, like, what's the deal. I'll be honest, I will not be a subscriber to the metaverse. It. On the other way, I'm going to the mountain he gets some real estate in the metaverse called the highs Man. Yeah you can. I probably will. I probably will. Yeah, only Steve's hanging out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, build your ranch out them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll do that.
Speaker 4: But I will not be the guy like puts on a headset and like spends his night doing doing that.
Speaker 1: I get caught up in a couple of games here and there, but for the most part, it's like, yeah, takes away from sleep, takes away from the kids then, and it's just like what am I doing here?
Speaker 4: I'm more video game guy. I couldn't disagree with what's going on.
Speaker 3: Really, do you think video games? But I've been playing in a while. But like when we had our crew, we're playing like Rocket League Risk, Like, let me know, when you want to get on the rocket, I get it. The Chubby Hooper is the doll in there.
Speaker 4: No, I was just Chubby Hooper Hooper forty four up forty four. Yeah, hey, whatever, whatever fucking map makes you have a good time and enjoy yourself. Like I think it's fucking as long as you're not hurting other people, like fuck, you know, like video game for him, reading for me, somebody else, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but it's also one of those things like where if you spend so much time doing something that's like not helping you, you end up getting jaded when you're older and you see everybody else kind of like trying to grow and get better. Now you're mad at everyone else.
Speaker 3: Because you didn't take the time to work on yourself. Defintely validity to that, right, yeah, you know, definitely validity.
Speaker 4: It's what game you're playing right, Yeah, choose your game, constantly evaluate what you're doing in which direction you're going, and fucking keep trying right a wrong way of doing it, you know what I mean. Like that's true, this freedom in that, like I don't know why, it's definitely inspiring.
Speaker 3: I've been inspired by other other great men, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's what reading is right or to a certain extent, and that that's that's like fruitful for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But everyone everyone, like there is no right or wrong way of doing life at all.
Speaker 4: You know that there's definitely universal truths and laws you don't want to break, like hurt, harming people and doing shit like that. You know, But there's no rhyme, there's there's there's there's no rhyme or reason to any of it. We all we're all just making it up as we go, you know. That's how I approach it, fuck and try to share it, you know, and try to help people.
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know I had that impact on you with that. I know it was.
Speaker 4: It's just what I was inclined to do, you know. But that's also how I approached the podcast. Like, like I said, they're not sexy conversations. If you're not into it, you're just like, I mean, there's a kind of let's not sleep on another saw conversations. No, there are.
Speaker 3: I think I think a conversay're my version. Yeah, I was gonna say that. Yeah, but it's not damn Baseerian type exactly.
Speaker 4: He's not like, Oh, I could be like I have, I could fill up five seasons of podcast episodes of crazy stories of partying and celebrities and bullshit of living in LA for seven years and touring for ten, you know, but like, yeah, he tries to sprinkle that in as much as he can on the podcast, but it's just not what I'm trying to you know, I'd rather I think it's the most powerful thing. It's just like spreading a good word, you know, and maybe helping people that need it if if they.
Speaker 3: Want it, you know.
Speaker 1: With that man, the philosophies that have stood the test of time to your talk, shall we.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Women, huh, it's only I mean, you can do whatever you want, a new.
Speaker 3: Ball, whole new como.
Speaker 1: I would like to say too that there has not been a time roup this entire time, and it's it's irked me in the back of my head, not on the screen.
Speaker 3: We got a we got a hot cast outcast on here, holy ship talent, hey putting work over here. We haven't had to look at the scream once either. That's when you know it's a banger. I had to give you, guys my all. You know, yeah, technical the skis balls back come. Well, it's a good ball, the solid ball. It's not your ball though, not all good ball, smaller small red ball, but it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it'll bounce, not just a bounce, it'll bounce, it a roll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it should be harder.
Speaker 1: So I guess if we're looking at Princess Jasmine on this thing right now, age is not a factor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I already know how I'm going thinking about Homegirl on the on the bottom half of that.
Speaker 2: We tear him now would be a tier one, Tier two, Tier three good one bad one is good one's good.
Speaker 3: Three bad, question three is not bad.
Speaker 4: Taking into account their persona and personalities and stuff, whatever goes.
Speaker 3: I don't know any of them, what I mean, whatever your truth is. If you don't know them that well, then yeah, then you just go straight off. My tears okay, cool, Oh my god, Lola Bunny get out of bounds. Hey, Lola was thrown her back.
Speaker 4: She's got something special for being a rabbit.
Speaker 3: Thing that kind of throwst me off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole word being a rabbit is tail in the ears.
Speaker 3: Why was not really bothering me right now?
Speaker 1: Five? Oh geez ye, dude, Daphne is so we're just going top five. It's not a tier one, two, three, Oh yeah, five tiers. Five tiers.
Speaker 3: We're rating one.
Speaker 1: I'm throwing Daphne to the wolves. Okay, hold on, what that's how I'm coming favorite. I know it's not my it's actually my favorite. Sad on here.
Speaker 3: I don't think Daphne from Scooby Doo I get the merrit. Yeah, I would say I get the merit, but I'm not thrower out. I think so you got a lot of Bunny on there. Scroll up. Not that I'm in the beast reality.
Speaker 5: Not really.
Speaker 3: The girl on the bottom with the cleavage, she's hot. I'm gonna go out of the gate.
Speaker 4: My truth is Jessica Rabbit number one. Yeah, I just I mean, it's it's also like a I think it's a it's a picture selection as well. Like, yeah, yeah, that picture.
Speaker 3: I think she's represented very well here. You could have put her in you could have put her in a turtle neck. Yeah right, So who's go she go? She's from kim possible. I might have to go her her below Dashne.
Speaker 4: You don't like you like her lesson death?
Speaker 3: So you like Daphney the most?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so let's get this in order here. What are we doing if you're gonna do your your your tears?
Speaker 4: So Tier one for me here one is Jessica Rabbit. Right, let's go down here. I mean, don't judge me, but I'm going Lola Bunny too, has a tail. Yeah, it's definitely a fucking bunny, but she's hot. I'm going a wholesome vibe in there. Yeah, I'm going. I'm going and Cass and then she's you know, it just feels like it's a classic, a classic milflok.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going Jasmine for she Go five and Daphanie's Daphne's don will mention that's tough, you guys.
Speaker 7: I'm going Lola Bunny one, oh god, and she can hoop Lola bunnies one.
Speaker 3: Why are you trying to produce athlete bunnies.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to get heavily bunnies. I'm going Lola Bunny. I'm going, Uh, I'm going Jasmine, I'm going for him. I'm going Jasmine number two, I'm going she goes number three. I like a little edge on me. Four Jessica Rabbit and five Wire going at Cass.
Speaker 3: So Daphne's out again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, da you know not my style? Yeah she can.
Speaker 3: You know. I feel like Daphne is someone I might want to start a life with. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's got She's got her life with the well she does cruise around with two other men, another woman and a dog.
Speaker 4: So chasing ghosts, chasing ghosts, problems, a wholesome vibemins. I feel like she's a natural problem solver.
Speaker 1: So and Cass is that wholesome vibe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what That's where I get at. That's what you get.
Speaker 3: I think you're married, Yeah, you're married, Cass. Okay, what about you boys?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Jasmine. I like that exotic look Cass from b movie one two.
Speaker 2: And then I think I'm gonna go to the top. Jessica Rabbit. Three, Uh, Lola Bunny, four. Now my my three and four they can be interchanging.
Speaker 3: Flip and flip flop.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 3: Five is Daphne, and I'm not even gonna put she on the equation.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna throw in a special shout out to my girl Patty Mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Got no curves. Yeah, but when I was a young gun dude, when I was when I was young boy, Yeah, Patty manse at it all. Damn Petty Man. No free shoutouts, free shadows.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Scroll down for me real quick, let me see everybody stay right there.
Speaker 1: Uh, I don't know. For some for whatever reason, I feel like Aunt caskta be my number one because she looks the most human.
Speaker 3: There's a reason the mommy Probably I got Jasmine at two. Scroll down for me. What do you guys say like that? Scroll down for me for me?
Speaker 1: Go down for Joe, Lulla Bunny at three, which I feel like Lula Bunny is now taking two and Jasmine's at three. For me, I was it was a quick change. Four, I'm going Daphne go scroll the top for me. Five, I'm going she go and just rabbits out.
Speaker 3: You don't like the red. Here's the deal.
Speaker 1: If I'm hearing these women, I'm not just thinking about one night. And if I'm thinking about one night in general, she still might be out because why she's trying way too hard. She's she's not only got the cleavage going, but she's got the side side tit as well. And I don't like her photo.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: Just it's not for me.
Speaker 3: It's just not for me.
Speaker 4: I agree, thank you, I agree too much for me. She's trying too hard.
Speaker 3: You know, she's always leading on that damn rabbit. I don't want a life with her, that's for damn fairy, but I do.
Speaker 4: That's Los Angeles. You want to take it for a spin when I look at so write a write a few songs about her. Yeah, I just feel like she's been taking for so many spins. Yea argue believe what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Allegedly, allegedly, but you never know. I'll tell you what if of all these women though, if I was single and she and she came into the bar and came on to me.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I'm probably not leaving with I'm probably not leaving with the bunny, but like we're not gonna.
Speaker 3: Leave with the bunny because I think people will judge.
Speaker 4: Guys are gonna see me.
Speaker 7: I don't want to go park Me and Lula the Bunny getting a bucket together in the bushes in the bushes, since.
Speaker 2: You don't have a pot about all of your you know, legendary tales, legedly, could there be a tail you share on the bus For a little bit of locker room talk?
Speaker 3: Which one should he tell?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 3: Look at how excited the water bottle story? And this is our official locker room talk. This is locker room talk.
Speaker 4: Right, I'll do the talk.
Speaker 3: I'll do it for you guys. Let's go there we go.
Speaker 4: And the fact of the matter is I'm not famous enough where people gonna go find this two hours and twenty minutes in and be like this, So.
Speaker 3: You shows have to be famous.
Speaker 4: Hats for this.
Speaker 1: I think I've really found a home with this one.
Speaker 3: I think I found out how I like this one. It looks like home. It goes with the pink right here, So I'm happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So last time we're on tour, it's only right we tell a tour story.
Speaker 3: It's like almost four years ago now.
Speaker 4: Uh, you know, there's a tour bus, there's the bunks and then there's the back area, which I trans it's for me. It's a it's a bed, a bedroom. So you know, back there with a few gals simultaneously. Okay, uh in three two okay, Yeah, we're.
Speaker 3: In Middle America somewhere, so you can just use your imagination.
Speaker 1: In Michigan, Michigan. Is there a town in Michigan. We're talking about Detroit.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, somewhere somewhere in the I think it might have been Michigan. Two fine gals, you know, I had a good rapport of them. Uh, they enjoyed the show, so so making it onto the bus and yeah, you know, we engage and have a good time. Uh back there, it's one of those nights. Is this a summer tour?
Speaker 3: But he's still sweating, but he's still swat I was in there.
Speaker 4: For three hours. I mean, when you get two good ones and they got a good rapport with each other. I'm trying to be present there and just make the most of it, you know what I mean. I'm in and out break. The bus is leaving in like a few hours. I'm trying to you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we did. Wow. I used to be like a different guy, you know what I mean. Yeah, Yeah, it was unhinged. There's a lot of rage at.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so you know, I think, I think we're a past bus call and I'm just having a blast with them, and it's and it's an extended period of.
Speaker 3: Time, multiple rounds.
Speaker 4: In between where we're like acting like a couple, like a conglomerate, like us three, Like we're I'm laying down, they're laying one under each arm. We're talking, we're sharing stories. I'm learning about them, they're learning about me. Those types of things. Yeah, but yeah, multiple multiple sessions. I keep going up I'm doused in sweat, I'm working hard. Yeah, Like I'm more sweaty than I was when I got off stage. This is this was This was my show more or less for me. It was my passions through the roof. And I keep going back up there, and these guys suck down waters because everyone's getting drunk and the waters are gone and we get tons of waters from the venue every night.
Speaker 3: They're gone, and my mouth's parched, like really really parched, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean. So I go back there. I'm like, fuck, it's gotta be what you know, this is like halfway too too. I'm like, this's gotta be water. Everyone's asking for water. They're asking for water. I'm asking for water. Everyone wants the water. So so I'm so I'm fucking searching. I'm like in there, it's dark, you know what I mean, like fairly dark. I'm searching each under. I find a bottle. I found a bottle. I'm like, jackpot felt great, you know what I mean. I was ready for one more round, you know what I mean, unhydrated, gather ourselves and uh yeah, you know, I was a gentleman, so I I let them drink it first, and uh they both take a swig and they passed to me and they kind of have like this weird reaction and just like I don't know, like everyone's you know, your mouse parts, like your taste is a little off, so you're like, I've been drinking all night? Is my is my?
Speaker 3: Is my palette? Weird right now?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I take it and I just slug it.
Speaker 4: The whole thing, well I slug like I slug like yeah, like two or three it was more or less filled to the top, so like, yeah, like at least half of it and about.
Speaker 3: Three gulpes in. Oh no, I realized I was drinking my own pea, and so that stop you from around.
Speaker 4: So so you guys will respect this. I couldn't. I couldn't let them know. I couldn't know because they drank it first, and they were they didn't overreact. They're just I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're from Michigan, they're they're hard nos there hard no, Yeah, Midwest people, the blue collar group. Yeah, and yeah.
Speaker 4: I realized it, and I made a split decision to just act like nothing was wrong. Really, And.
Speaker 3: I can't remember if we got after one more time or not.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because I think you just get more deadured when you drink and be.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I'd never done it, but I knew what was happening, and then I right away I fast forward to the morning when I when it was like I had peed in a bottle. I had peed in a bottle because someone was in there and there was like I was in a rush and I had like peed in a water bottle, and it just I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's that's what happened, Like that's of ship that happens on a tour bus.
Speaker 4: But if I had drank it first, I would have been like spin it out and been like fuck, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Cool? But I didn't want to ruin the vibe.
Speaker 4: We had such a great rapport back there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Actually got another one. If I got another water bottlebody find another.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So I mean that was that was really more or less the story, right? Am I missing anything else?
Speaker 4: They drank O P Then you.
Speaker 2: Got back in the saddle from one of the back and yeah, were you guys? I got back in making out after.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was any there's any Maybe they were, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: But they went on their way fulfilled and all type of mic all types of fluid. They felt fulfilled, and I felt fulfilled. I went out and told the guys immediately, and you know, they went on their merry way, and I've never seen them again or spoken to them again.
Speaker 3: But were nothing the best? Huh? They didn't DM you or nothing? No, They're like, hey, did we drink your pedia last week?
Speaker 4: I've been thinking, I've been thinking about see this.
Speaker 3: I knew something was.
Speaker 7: Worried about that fucking it didn't taste like a buffinay keep.
Speaker 4: Keep some contact with every girl that now standing you did talk about the stories. I'm literally not uh yeah, I'm just that was a great That was a great man. I was like one of the only ones that was like something like like that. You know a lot of it's this fucking risky ship like that, you know, but it was. It was hilarious, and I I actually, for whatever, it was just so fucking funny that like I didn't I didn't even really get I didn't have a chance to, but I didn't really even get that grossed out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that says about me. It wasn't that in the moment, Like.
Speaker 1: I was just like, like, you know what I mean, other fun you know what you're supposed to do after I would have done exactly what you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think ye made the right move. I made the right move there everyone.
Speaker 1: No one was harmed in that film.
Speaker 3: And at the same time, you know.
Speaker 2: Embarios, You're like, is there wagon get away with? This answer was quickly yes, and you went that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I could have said anything. That was the way to keep your head swipple. Yeah, it was a big time.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys. It means a lot. You know it means a lot you guys.
Speaker 3: It was a heady play.
Speaker 4: It was quart awareness, you know what I mean. I had to make a play, made the play. That's all I had at the moment. But yeah, I mean, fuck Torah. Living on a bus with twelve dudes, busting with the boys, guys, get it a little bit. You know, like you're in a small space for extended periods of time with a lot of guys. So you know, there's a there's a grit that that you earn. There's a grit there's like.
Speaker 3: A tough skin you earned right with the amount of time we spent. Don't come on the bus without a lunch bail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's just gotta be ready to put your hard hat on and figure it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And that's what we do. So that's standing times. You got a drinker on pea more all of the story.
Speaker 2: Well, we appreciate you for coming on anything we got to get out of. Anything else about Skeezy, Well.
Speaker 3: Skeez We just dropped his first record, did you hear it?
Speaker 4: I love my homies. I mean you're busy.
Speaker 3: I've seen on Yeah, media check it out.
Speaker 4: I think you guys will love the song because he just put out his first album song with us.
Speaker 3: I'm featured on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, he has, he has, but we're working on a bunch of records for him and uh yeah, we're gonna start. We're gonna start kind of sending it for him pretty much.
Speaker 1: Let's get that album, that album, the Xbox Handle over time, Chubby Hooper forty four, Chubby Hooper forty Me know, if.
Speaker 4: You need me in Rocket League or we're been a lot of guys hollering us you to play after.
Speaker 3: Well, we could get him in the Rocket League. You guys got a great fan base. Yeah, we had a squad, dude, the two ones really ripping. Great culture being being built in a short period of time. Yeah, if relatively speaking, has been very short. Tough to do.
Speaker 4: I hope you guys know that, Like it's not. I mean, I know you guys do, but people say that you kind of like I see so many guys who have are great guys and cool and that we got money in a good setup and no X Y and Z and all the famous people in.
Speaker 3: Front, and they can't get it going. Like people have to care about you, you know what I mean. It's tough to do.
Speaker 1: So we tell we tell our fans all the time, like the people, we wouldn't be any this would be done if no one watched, and.
Speaker 4: So we appreciate it literally right like you just wouldn't be doing it, Like it's like there'd be no point. Will would be on the corner right now, just looking.
Speaker 3: For a job looking up. I'd be training three times, trying to get back.
Speaker 4: You know, you gotta well, you gotta spout to students and ranch where whenever, wherever we are whenever.
Speaker 3: If it all goes bad with the family coming over to the ranch, I'll come to. I'll come to. You're welcome, You're welcome. We need that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I listen, I might want to hang out though, you know any time, anytime, sir, we could always end up in the same city, just traveling around because you're no mad man.
Speaker 3: What happens, sir, And I'm behind you bro a lot. You know you're a good dude. But also the Nebraska tie, like go big Leg. We need needs your help.
Speaker 4: But I mean, this is a great opportunity to have him on this, but it needs your help, just putting the tier ones on. Yes, boys, are you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys, let me sit in man. When we do our ads on Monday, we'll make sure to plug.
Speaker 3: Them s R. Let's definitely do busting with the boys. I think this is a guy.
Speaker 4: He's only as the dude who is my creative for all my stuff. So this is all his designs and and it's really doing really well here. If you guys go out of Nashville, like you guys don't really go out and.
Speaker 3: Bars and ship, dude not as much anymore. You can go anywhere seeing im in Nashville, especially doing really well. But this will obviously help.
Speaker 4: But I'd love to do it. I texted you about it, doing a busting a busting collab, could say busting with the boys in that in that cursive. That's the kind of our staple fun on the side, I don't know all that him creatively directed.
Speaker 3: May if you want to do it, dude, we can do it, yeah for sure. And then how are the chuck buds good? Have they been going well?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk with Alison, A lot of that stuff is kind of like you know, ye, Alison says we're gonna do more than you know.
Speaker 4: Who's become a buddy of mine. Just through that as Michael Chandler really bro's the man.
Speaker 3: He can chuck a beer too.
Speaker 4: The chug budds we started talking he bodied doing in a chrug race. I'm not the best, But what are you talking about in the chuck bud game? But we're not.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about never really what is it about the chuck? But you just can't get the open? Can you see it? It's on tape that I've lost a couple of matches. So I just think bounce it back from you're in your own head about it a little bit. Yeah, I got to open the third a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I gotta get a little I'll take you behind the behind the bus and we'll go go back behind with you many funny dude.
Speaker 3: It's tough boys. Yeah. But on the chuck thing, it's I don't chug that fast, just in general.
Speaker 2: When he says that we get we have this little bit where I'm housing water and I just go slow and they just hype me up all around.
Speaker 3: Then I'm crushing.
Speaker 4: I've seen that. I've seen that. The sarcasm. You got a good sarcasm thing going on. Just keep playing it on, Gotta keep planning it on.
Speaker 3: I love it all right, boy, should I get the photos?