Speaker 1: Point at me when we're rolling, point at me when we're rolling, point at me when we're rolling.
Speaker 2: The Boy.
Speaker 1: Episode one two four, Episode two oh four, Lasia and we are Cooking Dude twenty twenty three is absolutely cooking. And the stuff about last week your Boy getting cut heavy sentimental stelf with Jack Garrett's some nice things.
Speaker 3: We put a nice video out there in the past. We're moving forward. Hey, you got to put the pass behind us.
Speaker 1: When Rafiki said to Simba in The Lion King, you gotta put it behind you. It may hurt sometimes, but you got to put it behind you and keep moving forward. And things that always keep moving regardless of anything going on in life. As a Chevy Silverado, the football season is officially over, but that doesn't mean we're gonna stop rooting for our favorite team. That team is Chevy and their best player, their franchise player, the Silverado, a truck with unstoppable, great and determination. According to JD Power, Chevy trucks have earned more New Vehicle Quality awards than any other brand, and that is some serious hardware. Do us a favor. Head over to Chevy dot com and for those of you who are thinking about that hardware.
Speaker 3: I wondering if that's really true or not.
Speaker 1: Go to visit dot JD Wait, visit jdpower dot com slash Awards. Silverado as strong and appendable as the people who drive them.
Speaker 4: Twenty twenty three, cleanest and what's crazy as you You you knew the website. Yeah, and for those who want to find out more, you could have just.
Speaker 3: I know, like it builds up. You look to the screen for a second and then you start trying to.
Speaker 1: Say what's on the screen, Because in my head, I'm like, do you actually know the whole thing is? I don't want to suck it up because I do love Jdpower War jdpower dot Com slash Awards. I really think it's a good place. I go there sometimes when I'm thinking it's Silverado are really the best?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just to remind yourself, to remind the best.
Speaker 1: Speaking of the best, dude, the great White Hope has come on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: We have landed in boys yeah, and cemac he's been a fan of the pod.
Speaker 3: He's been a fan of the brand at least for a while now.
Speaker 4: I remember when Matt I and I have sent me a photo they were they were flying to go to a game on Saturday, London, and he's like, hey, will the boy Christian wanted me to let you know that he bought this hat that gobble that wi the boy. The boy Christian wanted to let you know that he bought this hat with his own money, which obviously fired all of us.
Speaker 1: Dude, because the merch has been hitting. But it's great to see a gentleman like himself who could easily just dm us and be like, give us one who's like.
Speaker 4: He's a friend now, but it's not like now like he was he was a friend of ours. When that will happen, He's just like, yeah, I'm a fan. I want to support. Yeah, come out of his own pocket. Speaking of merc, you have you looked behind you? Have you seen that.
Speaker 3: The fucking boys are back there? Dude, boys, I am fired up.
Speaker 4: This is obviously we've had what three three Saint Patty's Day merch drops. Yeah, this is by far the best one blessing with the fucking boys.
Speaker 1: It's outstanding, fucking boys, And we're putting it out early enough so that those of you who are ordering, maybe Garrett.
Speaker 3: It's a favorite tell us.
Speaker 1: When we need to order that buy to get it by Saint Patty's Day, because we know how deliveries work with barstools sometimes fantastic company, horrible delivery services.
Speaker 3: They're probably not using.
Speaker 1: FedEx because I have my because I had a deal with the UPS. Well, the thing is they don't done with ups by the way I got the Uh, they don't have like the overnight option. Because some things are print on demand.
Speaker 4: You don't necessarily know that are gonna fly off the shelves because we drop a lot of merch so.
Speaker 3: It's hard for them to you know, they don't want to have overhead or we's got a lot of items we don't we don't have a lot of overhead stackings, so we got to kind of print on demand.
Speaker 4: But go ahead, sorry, you need probably a good cushion of ten days, ten business days, Garret would agree, Garret ten business days or ten days, just buy it now. That's a great that's a great, dude.
Speaker 1: What you need to be Listen, everyone's gonna go out in Sat Patas. They're going to have the greatest time of their lives in Chicago. They're dying the river Green. We don't know what that's gonna do the ecosystem. But we do know that they're gonna have a fantastic time there worldwide, right, everyone's.
Speaker 3: Irish for that day.
Speaker 1: Kiss me if I'm a Irish you wear you don't wear green, You get the pinch, you get that little bit. But we're boozing. We're having a great time. We're fucking boozing out their boys and girls.
Speaker 4: If you're rocking one of them, you don't gotta say kiss me on my rish. You just gotta say kiss me. I'm a boy, Yeah, kiss me, I'm a boy.
Speaker 3: I'm a boy. That merch dude, print that no one printed.
Speaker 1: Don't you guys fucking make that shirt, dude, we're making it for next I want if.
Speaker 4: You're out in the wild on one Patrick's day, not you, just the the boys, yeah, human human beings. Yeah, even if even the girls that are supporting our merchant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I don't know if you can demographic, but we're like at seven percent now women.
Speaker 3: So things are getting you think.
Speaker 4: If you're rocking some of our Saint Patty's emrch. What I what we would personally love to see is have one of your fellow mates take a video while you walk up and say, hey, kiss me.
Speaker 3: I'm a boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, a boy, and you get that with the shirt with while we're in the merch. I feel like that game over. That's a automatic retweeting my book. That's an automatic ret an automatical retweeting the book viral.
Speaker 3: You gotta have that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of viral, dude, Jake Paul lost first time ever, first time ever?
Speaker 3: How many how many fights? I don't know.
Speaker 1: He was fighting middle aged men, uh and YouTubers. Now, I am a fan of the Paul brothers. I'm a big fan of that. But that's like the big criticism that's coming out of there. Tommy fiery, who's a legit boxer, allegedly Dave Portner, I didn't think so. He was in the Joe Rogan podcast. He said he's not. Joe Rogan is the first time I saw him get a little fiery at Dave because they were kind of in a limbo of like, oh, we're going to be friends there courting each other in front of his for three hours.
Speaker 3: Dave was firing up Joe. Dave was firing was nice as you watched the first He's not a real box He's not a real boxer, and it's put decision.
Speaker 1: What I was told, what I heard because I didn't I wasn't able to watch it yesterday, had a great day with the kids.
Speaker 3: Didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: I heard Tommy Fiery owned that fight the entire time, and it wasn't It wasn't a great showing. Jake really, yeah, well you know that. I mean, that's just how it rolls. Sometimes the doves a dub. They don't ask how, they ask how many. That's what the fucking deal is boys.
Speaker 3: And I didn't.
Speaker 1: I did see a post fight interview with Jake Paul. I did not like the way he handled himself.
Speaker 3: I see, I did not get to see them.
Speaker 2: I was he fra He blamed Drake for the loss.
Speaker 5: Drake put four hundred thousand dollars on him the day before the Drake curses.
Speaker 3: Back in effect he shoulder Injuryke.
Speaker 5: He followed, he goes, you shouldn't have bet on me. He goes, this all falls on Drake, and then he that was like, I.
Speaker 3: Think more of like his that was a joke. That was a joke interview.
Speaker 5: And then he was like, you know, we don't look at my wins, we look at our losses and I'll be back and better than ever.
Speaker 2: And he's like, my shoulder was heard.
Speaker 1: I was like sick through He's sick twice during cam.
Speaker 5: Every excuse in the book, and then he's like, I'm not making excuse me, like you know, so doing that whole thing.
Speaker 3: And it's tough.
Speaker 1: Well, Jake Paul beat my ass in a fight, no fucking question, Dude, does your boy know how to throw hands?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's been a long time.
Speaker 4: You'll throw a fist hard, and a fist hard and fast, but I get over extended quick and I probably get beat two pieces.
Speaker 1: You gotta land, Yeah, I'm sure if I landed on Jakie, he might go night and night. But also, your boy's gonna catch two pieces of a side of biscuits.
Speaker 4: If he's that's if he's looking, if he's not looking, I guarantee I beat Jake Paul's asked you, I probably get him both asked.
Speaker 3: I get both the Paul brothers. I'm a fan. I'm a fan of them.
Speaker 1: I love what they've done, their pivots, they've made obviously hold the whole thing with the forest back in the day, but they were big on vine for a little bit YouTubers and we're big Vine voye.
Speaker 3: We're a big Vine voice, and so I do. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the I didn't like the postgame interview. I didn't like that. But overall, I hope the boy comes back. I hope they have another fight, and I hope Jake wins.
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: There's people saying they don't wouldn't give a shit about a rematch, just like, ultimately, what's the rematch about?
Speaker 5: I think it was only if Jake lost. There's a clause in the contract where he can actually right.
Speaker 4: A legal clause in the contract. But like you, almost the somebody.
Speaker 2: They make more money.
Speaker 5: They're gonna make fucking five million more each probably off a rematch, and pay per view will eat it up because it's Jake Paul.
Speaker 2: And he's in the center of attention right now.
Speaker 4: But do you think I feel like the views and stuff would be a lot lower going to see a rematch.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's almost the pool too.
Speaker 4: It is you want to see Jake finally beat somebody that's got some ability in the boxing room.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's a professional box Yeah, it's a professional boxer.
Speaker 4: And since he lost to him, it's almost like this guy Tommy furious, like, well, what does he do now?
Speaker 3: Do is he fight for the title?
Speaker 4: No, he's not even that good of a boxer and somebody else he just goes and fight somebody else in the middle to for making bags. Yeah, and and winning like there, and he had so much fucking going on or surrounding that. And Jake's like doing the videos the night before talking about double down, double the bed. If you win, he gets he'll pay double. If he loses, he gets nothing. Doing all this stuff, like hearing all that trash talk and still like going out there and winning, and it sounds like like winning every round pretty much. Besides, like he got knocked down for a second in the eighth round, like he's opped up right. Beside from that, it's like, you know, good for him on on on beating Jake Paul. It's like the Paul brothers, Like Jake Paul specifically, he's done such a genius job of placing himself in the spotlight. Well yeah, Logan Paul. But I'm saying, like jake'sone out there, like yeah, Logan Paul, He's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a little delusion all about how many rounds he won, and I don't know boxing like that, but I watched I watched that fight, and it really didn't seem like yeah, but.
Speaker 4: Either way, you're out there fighting one of the one of the grace of all time. All brothers have went about their entire careers and journeys and everything that put themselves in the middle of the spotlight. We're talking about showtime boxing, a pay per view, and he's legitimately trying to box. Yes, he lost to somebody that's not considered a good boxer in the sport, but also it's like he's out there fucking He's brought himself all the way to that. Now, some of the antics he's done along the way I'm not been a massive fan of, but you can't knock like the hustle and like the creative genius behind having all that attention on you at all times, and.
Speaker 3: The antics he does too.
Speaker 1: And I think that's the main specific thing I think about a suicide forest in Japan, Logan Logan, but okay, go just just based off that. In general, Logan I thought did a phenomenal job of apologizing made a mistake.
Speaker 3: Now let's move on, Like let's fucking these hilaryers. You're like addressing it like there's some like yeah, but people still bring it up. I'm bringing it up right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, he apologized. I don't think what's happening out there right now about the forest the.
Speaker 1: Only one they like they bunched because I don't even know which one it was, and then one of them did it and they're like, fuck the Paul brothers. Like, dude, the Paul Brothers have been absolutely genius about the way they've handled themselves.
Speaker 3: They've they've maneuvered this game very well.
Speaker 1: I think we've sucked him off enough. Let's go to let's go TOMC a little bit.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: What an interesting conversation we had with this guy. Obviously, the loss was still big. He didn't care who won the who won the big game, the Super Bowl, He didn't care who won that. But the most interesting thing to me when it was him talking about his dad and had the stories his fucking dad. Dude was running a fucking sweatshop in the McCaffrey house. He was the kids had to go to sleep at seven thirty, No sweets. Oh, I was about to tell a story he told us not to tell because he knew that Dad would be upset, they would get grounded, They would be grounded if they were tackled by their jersey.
Speaker 3: It was. It was wild. But honestly, you guys are gonna love You look at.
Speaker 1: Christian now and you're like, maybe that's how we should all parent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like they they you know with Eddie McCaffery, right, Eddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he became an adulty probably started going by ed Yeah. Yeah, but brought like Broncos receivers done. Figured it out, Yeah, figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yes, he was. You can tell.
Speaker 4: The McCaffrey family is super fucking competitive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super competitive, Like you're not.
Speaker 5: Getting your dinner if you're not, like they're on time, like people are eating.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's eating fastest too?
Speaker 2: It's like, oh man, scary household.
Speaker 3: It scary household.
Speaker 5: He was like, you could tell he like resented that behavior when he was a kid, but then like as.
Speaker 3: He became an adult appreciates it.
Speaker 1: That was everything the mold in my fe Yeah, incredible foundational blocks.
Speaker 3: But one thing too.
Speaker 1: Christian walked downstairs when we were in the middle of another interview that'll come out next week with Shane Gillis. And Burt Kreischer and Bert asked Shane who he would rather either fuck or get fucked by me, and then you were like, hey, can you get Christian? And you saw Shane light up like a Christmas tree. Dude. Yeah, and McCaffrey walks down, and then we fucking brought him in it and the start of this whole interview, I think we talk about who he would fuck, and so it's an amazing It's an amazing deal. Other than that, brother, I mean, we got a lot of stuff under the hood came out, the mini golf came out.
Speaker 3: Bus scenes are out. Dude.
Speaker 1: There's so much more than this podcast that's happening under the umbrella. A bust with the boys, especially on our YouTube that you guys can go check out. I think you guys will really enjoy it, a little bit behind the scenes of how we work.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: Will and I are the same on the pod as we were off the pod. It's a fun time. I Will showed me a video before we started this episode of some bullshit that I knew, but I'm glad this video evidence that you waving waving your little stick while I'm in the middle of a big time putt. Yeah, and we were look key, I'm trying to be on the same team at that point.
Speaker 3: We were, but we weren't well obviously we're doing some other ship couple down holes. I'm trying to get back in it. Yeah, you're trying to get back in and it's I fucking noticed that. I noticed that. You go watch the mini golf. You go watch the mini golf.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see. We were with missus Portnoy and Dave. They're a great group of people. Dave's fun to be around, and I knew missus Portnoy was a wolf in sheep's clothing the entire time. Yeah, she comes off very sweet, hey, good luck, very gentle handshake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you could tell that she was.
Speaker 1: She she was acting some type of way that is fucking bullshit. Will And you didn't say nothing, you little bitch.
Speaker 3: I just said what, Well, I'm not the fairness like. I don't like. I didn't even remember that I did. Then I saw the video. That's not true. I brought up a minute you did it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're still in such a competitive nature, You're you're not seeing straight, you're not thinking clearly.
Speaker 1: I was nflostd at that point and then the back nine, you know, and she finished the same scores.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was. Imagine playing the mini golf with the mccaffreys.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, we probably beat their ass. We should we should play the mccafrey.
Speaker 4: Do you know all the dads out there that are super hard on their kids are going to have this interview in their back pocket.
Speaker 3: Oh my yeah, my dad too. Like I remember, I remember we were traveling to make weight. I was like.
Speaker 4: Nine, maybe eight or nine, and I'm traveling to make weight at a wrestling tournament. All we can have for lunch or whatever or eat is a protein hick that was already prepacked like nothing else. And I remember I'm literally bawling in the back seat, being so hungry because I have to make weight. You know, I'm saying for the old man, but like to make weight to wrestling shit. But like, yeah, you know them.
Speaker 3: Dads, brother, I got one, I got one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're we're at the YMCA. There was a three point competition in my basketball league. Your boy, I was like Steph Curry before Steph Curry about when I was eight years old. I put that shit down. I'm playing wallball with my buddies. Before that hit, it spray my wrist, end up falling out of the tournament. End up falling out of the tournament eight years old. The next day, my dad wasn't in town. My dad gets in town that night.
Speaker 3: I go to sleep.
Speaker 1: I wake up the next day and my dad's like high five and high five with the same hand that I heard. He goes that's crazy and keeps walking like he's like, yeah, you could have shot that damn ball.
Speaker 3: You could have shot that.
Speaker 1: And I know you watched this fucking podcast, Dave. I know you watched this podcast.
Speaker 4: I tell you're about to say he has you shooting one thousand and three pointers.
Speaker 3: No, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: He was like he would always try to get us to gain weight, and when there was a jack in the box right by his apartment, and he would take us and get like a double bacon cheeseburger and he'd be like, you think you could eat all that?
Speaker 3: He'd be like trying to.
Speaker 1: Get you to try to get me to gain weight, and he'd be like eat it, eat it all, and I'd be like, can't pussy. I'd be like, yeah, I can I get halfway that burger. I'm like, fuck, dude, this is too much, and he'd be like, finish it. I'm not paying that money, not for you to finish that in this like low key crying, like trying to eat the burger.
Speaker 4: The old man he'd be like he'd questioned me because I'd walk too heavy in the house. You beg you need to walk on your toes more. And you know, I'm just sitting there looking at him like all right, all right, you're walking too heavy foot around the house. Yeah, fuck man. But yeah, these these uh, these they're gonna they're gonna love this episode.
Speaker 3: This is right up there.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a chance to watch TV like seven p's and he's just gonna throw on the bust and with the boys, like you guys want to be great?
Speaker 1: Right now, you guys want to be great? Decided to do it also if you guys want to be great. The seasons are changing, and that means our whiskey is also changing. I'm ingredients same everything. But when it gets a little warmer outside, it's gonna cool you down just right. Please order our whistle pig piggyback busting with the boys whiskey. Uh Can we throw a little link up on the YouTube right now as I'm talking? Can we flop that thing up?
Speaker 3: Boom? Put it right there, put in my hand.
Speaker 4: If you just go on Google and you type in busting with the boys, whiskey, that first link to Pops, that's gonna be right there.
Speaker 3: You go and buy it.
Speaker 4: Ships to like what twenty or not not it doesn't shift to like eighteen states.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you're part of the.
Speaker 1: Positive to most of the states and that's yeah, thirty three, Yeah, you're all. You're already we got no states? Yeah, we have fifty states? My god, will fifty stars? Thirteen bars? These colors don't run. You should know that, I know.
Speaker 3: But when when? Well, for when? What are the bars? Hey? What are the bars mean on the flag?
Speaker 4: The representation of what the you know, the fucking representation?
Speaker 3: Whatever were the bars? What are the bars on the flag of the United States?
Speaker 4: Flog?
Speaker 3: I mean, oh, I want to know, and my hands are sweating. What do they mean? These week are on? Are there the stars? That's all? The number of states? Yes, that's good. What do the bars mean?
Speaker 4: The initial thirteen? The initial thirteen?
Speaker 3: That's thirteen?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh my god? States? Colonies. Yeah, thank god.
Speaker 4: Right, no, it's colonies correct, But I'm about it because I do want to make that clear. Will just through in state's colonies. I know we had a little deal right there, Like, was it seventeen seventy six, what's that? Seventeen seventy four.
Speaker 3: Seventeen seventy six, July fourth, seventeen seventy six. Yeah, brother, everything else before that doesn't matter. It doesn't fucking matter.
Speaker 1: I was actually doing rehabit my new rehab spot, because your boys, my code doesn't work it Titans facility anymore.
Speaker 3: I went to Empower.
Speaker 1: There was a girl there. Her name is Georgia. By the way, this guy named Daniel I worked with today, he knows his shit. My knee, it's feeling, it's getting better. I did one day with that guy, and I was like, holy fuck, like this guy knows what he's doing very exactly.
Speaker 3: I've Georgia, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 1: But Georgia is from across the pond, she's from London. I go, hey, you guys were really doing well until about seventeen seventy six. She goes, she goes, yeah, and you guys had to dump a bunch of our best liquid you know where that was from.
Speaker 3: You know, Liqui, she's talking about the Boston tea party. Got us correct?
Speaker 4: Friend, boy, Look, I had a little dicey situation fifty to fifty one when Pluto got taken out of the Milky Way through me for.
Speaker 3: A little You know that's pretty nine.
Speaker 1: Now, I say, there are other parts like Puerto Rico and other things that are technically a part of the United States, but they're not technically states.
Speaker 3: Do you know what they are? You're talking about the Puerto Rico, Costa Rica?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there. I don't think Costa Rica is a part of the United States.
Speaker 3: It's not. Oh is that God? You're gonna say it?
Speaker 1: If it was multiple choices to say, I'm gonna let you, I'm gonna let you bask in and maybe.
Speaker 4: Off, how would you guys have multiple choice answers for me without saying the right one, because.
Speaker 3: I'll obviously figure that out.
Speaker 2: That's amusing.
Speaker 1: My man is trying to work through his ship right now. No, you doesn't understand the United States is a constitutional republic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, Look, history like social studies and history.
Speaker 4: Was not my gig. I was math and science. I wasn't English and social studies. I feel like you're either half of those or the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, half or the other.
Speaker 1: You know what the crazy thing is if you were trying to think it, if you were not from the United States and you had to take an immigration test, you'd fail the test.
Speaker 3: I would not because I'd actually study hard. You're a good studier. I can study. Yeah, your boy a good study guy. You don't get a twenty nine and act like me, but yeah, you're still good, no doubt. I think I got like a twenty.
Speaker 1: I mean, you a Spanish test and get a seventy five in the class after having a thirty five like me.
Speaker 3: Bro, But that is Listen, all.
Speaker 1: Right, we're gonna hit it one more time, dude, our whistle pig bust with the boys.
Speaker 3: Whiskey. It's incredible. I'll take some. I'll take somewhere. Now tell them what they're gonna taste. Oh, tell them I felt a hammock. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Listen, boys, when you put that up to your lips, when you put in your mouth at first, you're gonna feel a little heat up front. As it goes down, you're gonna get that nice like almost like a black pepper and a crushed black black pepper.
Speaker 3: Type of heat going down.
Speaker 1: As it goes further and further down, it's getting enustle right on top of that stomach, like a hammock in the wind. On a hot, warm day, You're gonna feel something extremely special. I've said it once, I'll say that thousand times. I'm gonna keep saying it. When it's winter it's gonna keep you warm, and in the summertime it's gonna keep you nice and cool. Or this Bust with the Boys whiskey, it is incredible. Now we've said a lot, We've asked a lot, and here's another subscribe on subscriber, we subscribe. We need this your boys. One income a watch recently diverse portfolio outside of football.
Speaker 3: But I'm putting a lot.
Speaker 1: Of chips in here on this Busting with the Boys, So please God, we need to get this thing out.
Speaker 4: Official unemployed NFL player pod Yeah, officially unemployed player, yes, yes, whatever, We'll just fucking said.
Speaker 3: Get our merch. Order the merch.
Speaker 1: Let's give it ten business days. Order it now, just order now, posit or it?
Speaker 3: Now? What do you got? Shout out, no free shout out. Gotta have it, yeah, gotta have the shot out, no free shoutout.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't know if a whistle pick paid for shoutout, no free shout to be sponsored this week, but we're gonna to let them happ it anyway.
Speaker 4: This segment of shout Out, no free shoutout is sponsored by our Busting with the Boys Whistle Pig Whiskey.
Speaker 1: It's the ultimate shouts the gods. Here of the shout out, no free shout out of the week. Now, boss, it's been a few weeks. Brother, I know when you don't get a lot of repetitions, you get a little nervous. But let's hear your shout out, no free shadow of the fucking week.
Speaker 7: My shout out this week's not really an object, but it's a moment in time and it usually happens when you go and fill up your gas. So when you go and fill up gas, whether you've left it, let it get to e whether you know you just need a little bit more. But that time frame, you know, it could be short, it could be long, but it's that time when your gas tank is filling up and you could either check some emails, you could clean out your car, empty it out.
Speaker 3: But yeah, my shout out. No free shoutout goes to.
Speaker 7: That moment in time when you're filling up your car, get some things done, being productive, being productive. There you go, being productive in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, think that often. I'm thinking, here we go, what moment in time? Would you say that one time bread? It's like a loaf of bread. Yeah, it's more of the presentation. Yeah, it's always got one delivery. It's like, where are those words gonna fumble out his mouth? That's gonna be correct at time or they're going to be He's like, He's like.
Speaker 4: So, so here's my deal, Jack, what do you got stud.
Speaker 2: My shoutow, no free shout out.
Speaker 5: Uh, mister McCaffrey, Christians is not going to like marshall out this week, but it's necessary. Everyone's My shout out goes to binge watching TV. And I know that that is a big no no in the McCaffrey house, but in the McPherson household, we thrive on it.
Speaker 2: So yesterday it was with the roommates.
Speaker 5: We had a fun Saturday and nothing really going on Sunday, and we popped out in like three or four different shows we've all been collectively watching, and we ended up being on like a season finale, and at the end of the day, like when it's all sudden and.
Speaker 2: Done, I'm walking up to my room and I'm like, damn.
Speaker 5: That was just a good day with the boys. We didn't do much, but we did everything we wanted to. So shout out no free shout out binge watching TV.
Speaker 4: Though, speaking of TV, Jack, what'd you think episode seven of The Last of Us?
Speaker 3: Don't say too much. I'm on episode two still.
Speaker 5: I feel like they were trying to force a narrative that wasn't necessarily there between the two girls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fourteen year olds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like we could have waited maybe a year or two on that one. It seemed a little predictable, like what was gonna happen at the end, But at the end of it all, I also think it was a set up episode that's gonna it was just some context.
Speaker 2: My roommate didn't even realize that was an entire.
Speaker 5: Flashback the entire episode at the end was so he was like, dude, like, I'm just confused, and we're like what yeah, and we're like, oh, dude, you're just.
Speaker 3: Stupid, Like, oh, you're just dumb, brother.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's it wasn't my favorite episode, but I did like the backstory on it.
Speaker 2: I guess that's as much I can say.
Speaker 4: But you're one of the you you played the game? Yeah, that was a lot of the The reaction when I'm kind of talking shit on the episode was like, oh, you got to play the video game or something, which I understand, like if if this has read that redemption, of course I'm enjoying whatever is on the screen in front of me. But as far as like good TV, they've done a couple of these filler episodes on like flashbacks and setups to where it's like, hey, it's your first season. You gotta get there. You got to keep the audience. Now listen, I'm here to stay. I'm not going anywhere. I love the show, but it's like.
Speaker 5: The first episode where I was a little like we I felt like there could have been a different way to now again.
Speaker 4: Leave a cliffhanger on the last one, now we see what happened again. I'm not going to say a whole lot like you, they left such a cliffhanger on the last one, episode six at the very end, remember I texted you very pissed off very upset. Now they addressed in the beginning, but it's like, you don't want to spend time on that when you've built up so much emotion on it from episode six. Yeah, it's like, I understand the flashback in the context, but let's reel in that fucking thirty five to forty minutes of all that context and like maybe ten or fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it would.
Speaker 5: Have been like a beautiful way to show what she's gone through and like what's right on currently. But yeah, it felt like they were kind of like they could have gotten out of that mall a lot quicker.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what, Taylor.
Speaker 4: A couple of our shout out know for shout outs making an appearance on the episode Escalators being one of them, and they just take so much time on just shit that doesn't need to We literally watched we watched the scene where they're playing Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 3: We're watching them play it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's not that's not big like on an indicator, that's not like a spoiler lit. Yeah, like fuck yeah, mbat, I really wanted to see that Mortal Kombat. Man, fucking don't Actually, you don't know how to use a joystick just because you've never seen one. Move that thing around and hit the buttons and don't say there's too many buttons.
Speaker 3: There's three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't piss me off.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, Like I get you never seen the project.
Speaker 2: Yeah you didn't see my twitter rod.
Speaker 3: Nah, I didn't see it one.
Speaker 4: Oh but no, I felt like it was necessary to talk about that just a little bit.
Speaker 3: But hey, catch up, catch up. It'd be good to like, I don't want to catch up, you should, I think so, because it'd be good to break down the show. Yeah, it'd be good to break down the show every week.
Speaker 1: Like I'm always late to shows, dude, Like I just kind of wait. People are obsessing of it, over it, and I just kind of wait. And then a year goes by, I'm like, I'm gonna break it out. I'm gonna break out.
Speaker 4: Which is a smart move because then you're not like you don't have to sit and wait. You get to kind of binge it.
Speaker 3: I do hate waiting.
Speaker 1: Like I when I been binge watched all four seasons of Yellowstone, I was like, man, no, the four season. I haven't watched the fifth season yet. I remember watching episode and thinking to myself. People would probably think that episode sucks because I had to wait, but I liked it because I can go on to the next one and then it would make more sense because then there's not so much ebbs and flows of like that episode sucked. That episode rock. You're just following a good storyline and you're you're finding out where you're going.
Speaker 3: I kind of did that right away.
Speaker 1: Continues in the exception, like I watch the first two episodes of Yellowstone, I'm like, I'm just gonna wait fIF season to be over. I don't need to be the who's who in the zoo of knowing what's going on right now in time.
Speaker 3: But that is also the fun part of being up to date.
Speaker 4: From a friendship standpoint episode, you know, the community going on.
Speaker 3: With reacting to it.
Speaker 1: By the way, when you guys were talking, I did change my my shadow no Free Shadow. Nice when you guys, because there's a couple of things you guys talked about.
Speaker 4: Willie my shadow no Free Shadow goes to me. Over the weekend, we were at the container Store and I'm gonna get a great place. Yeah, great place, dude. The container store is fucking awesome.
Speaker 6: By the way, Yeah, it's about organizing the reason I'm shouting out myself is because I feel like I did a very boy move because you know how it is in the Green Hills parking lot with the ma all.
Speaker 4: You can't find parking in that main area where Cava Cheesecake factory, all that the container store, all that stuff is right there.
Speaker 3: It's a nightmare going around.
Speaker 4: When I was walking out to get my truck to leave, I made eye contact with somebody that was looking for spots.
Speaker 3: I literally waved.
Speaker 4: Them over here, like, hey, I'm about to leave, you can hold this spot. I waited for them to come around, and then I get in my truck and I back out and I give them the spot.
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 4: That's kind of the it's more of the moment. But you know, I enjoyed the shouting.
Speaker 2: On myself too, I guarantee, yeah, dude.
Speaker 4: Because again you're like, it's like musical chairs in there, bro, and then you just get you know, you get really quick tempered about it. You're yelling at some old lady.
Speaker 1: But that's my shotow, no free shutout would love to hear yours, my shadow, no free shodow. That's a phenomenal shot out. No Free Shadow. By the way, that was really good. That was really good. My shadow No Free Shadow came to me when you guys were speaking about talking about the Last of Us, and you brought up something that just made my heart hurt a little bit, and that was reda redemption. So my shout out, no Free Shadow goes to Arthur Morgan, just the man who's literally bro I've cried. I cried after that game. I saw like a little baby. I've cried multiple times since I've played that game, as early as a week and a half agoing I'm.
Speaker 3: Still mourning, and it's such a weird thing to mourn.
Speaker 1: Not because it's a video game, because I'm I'm still cool with that. It's the fact that I can go back and see him whenever I want. But I'm scared to I don't know if I can really go through that emotional turmoil again even playing RD one.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm not as invested in John Marston, but I do see.
Speaker 1: That, like all this you're doing right now, John has to do because Arthur Morgan gave you that opportunity, gave you and your family that John Marston Yeah, and I'm just like, I still feel paid in some nights when I when I put the kids down and I have a couple hours of myself before I go to sleep, I think maybe I should play, but and my heart hurts too bad and I just can't. So I pick up the Oculus. I play a little Saints and Centers because I'm not as emotionally attached. It's a fun little game. But Shadow Arthur Morgan, dude, the greatest man I ever knew in my entire life.
Speaker 3: Bye didn't know are? Oh I know him? No? Oh, I know the greatest man you've ever known?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 1: YouTube Steve Dive YouTube is about how Arthur Morgan when he was a kid, how he met Dutch and stuff like that. Like they should be making the ship up, and I'm like, I just feel like I've learned more about my best friend. Yeah, because it is based on a true story, I think everything is. That's what you were saying before, Yop.
Speaker 3: I think you're going with that.
Speaker 1: I think we've knocked out everything so far to what we were about thirty minutes in. Yeah, about thirty minutes into fucking Rip and roll.
Speaker 3: Do you want hit game time? Do you want me to at game time?
Speaker 4: I'd love to shout out to the exclusive ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, game Time.
Speaker 3: Created by fans for fans.
Speaker 4: Game Time is a ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts, show, et cetera. And they guarantee the lowest price going back to et cetera. Did I say that correctly or is it et cetera because it's etc.
Speaker 2: I'm one of those people that I think it can go either way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Love that they crack the code on how to score the score deals on last minute tickets.
Speaker 3: It's possible.
Speaker 4: With the game Time app, the biggest last minute price drops can be found on the seats you thought you could never buy. The purchase process takes just two taps and ten seconds, and once you buy, your tickets are delivered directly to your phone, no printer needed. The app also allows you to easily share tickets with friends via text, so you can get into the game seamlessly, skip the hassle and enjoy the moment.
Speaker 3: Download the game.
Speaker 4: Time app or go to the website, enter your email and redeem code busting This is where this is the imperative part busting BUSSI n for twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Off your first purchase.
Speaker 4: Terms apply, of course game Time created by fans for fans.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I appreciate you geting thanks to that thing the other day on Game Time, that big time. You just sent them over here in text and it was super easy for me to get in that.
Speaker 3: That was nice.
Speaker 4: We need to start figuring out how to you know, get in the you know, we are down to buy the tickets, but finding those first time buyers so you get the twenty dollars off, yeah, because that's you know, it's like for your first perchase, you get twenty bucks off, but I want twenty bucks off the whole time, the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, time, the whole time. That's absolutely what you want. Listen, We've said it, We've said a thousand times. Please subscribe on subscribed, resubscribe, get the merch, buy the whiskey.
Speaker 3: Boys. We're cooking up something beautiful. In twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: We've had the best two months of this podcast that we've ever had, and we need to keep that going for the next ten and we'll reevaluate, reassessed, and go to twenty twenty four. But let's fucking kick this year's ass, and we can't do it without you. Please enjoy the Christian mccaff mc Christian McCaffrey podcast, Big Hugs and Tiny Kisses. Hey, Joe Melgome's another episode of Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 3: Hope, the Great White Hope has arrived. Wilcome Christian. We're at the Content House in Arizona.
Speaker 1: Christian walks down the stairs, dude, and the first thing he hears is Burt Kruscher asking who Shane would rather fuck Mer or you, And Shane said to you and that hurt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw it. I saw he saw the hurt of my face. Yeah, yeah, what what was your first impression of that wed entrance to walk into I was hurt for you, thank you, but definitely it wasn't wasn't too shocked. I'm a fan of both those guys, so I figured something like that would be what happen. Yeah. I walked through the boys normal.
Speaker 1: Conversations, and then when we finished, you were all about what's up?
Speaker 3: I was gonna say. I wouldn't say your.
Speaker 1: Say when we when we finished the episode, like, you're a big Shane Gillis fan, huh.
Speaker 3: Huge, huge, I've seen the Austin stand up like fifteen times. Dude. It is so fucking funny, and it gets funnier the more you watch it, keep catching onto something you didn't know he is.
Speaker 1: It's the awkward. It's the awkward, like shoulder struck the best, some tough, hard nose, run it down your throat.
Speaker 3: And a clouded dust.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, he's so funny. He played football. Huh he played football, did he really?
Speaker 3: Yeah? At some like Naval academy, right.
Speaker 1: Point point quick he did it. Yeah, like three weeks he was like another one. I can't, I can't do this anymore, dude. Yeah, yeah, yeah, dude, he is.
Speaker 3: He's fucking awesome. It's always great. It's always great having them on, man.
Speaker 4: But thanks for coming on though, bro, Like, I feel like we've been connected for a little bit because like we've seen you rock the merch, we've started following each other. I'm just thinking, Yo, the fucking the boy. Yeah great, hope, Yeah, yeah, he's following like that's fucking sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How'd you get onto the how'd you get on the bus? And I'm a fan of the pod for a lot of reasons. Some of the guys in the locker room. You guys haven't talked about pod in the locker room, but uh no, but uh I'm a fan of the pod for a lot of reasons. I think there's not a lot of you know, when people think of NFL players, it's always you know, this stardom individual you know, it gets a lot of individual attention, not kind of understanding the dynam the locker room. And you have two guys who are on different spectrums and different journeys of a football team who came together in a pod, and a lot of your guys's podcasts are just it's the locker room. And so for me, it's like, oh my god, that's like I'm sitting in the car in the off season throwing on a pod as I'm in the locker room. Locker room with the boys. Feel that and so I feel like a lot of other people they they're you know, I don't know if they know that, but subconsciously they're like, damn, that's probably what goes on in the locker room. Yeah, I'm a fan. I really am a fan. I like the pod a lot. Dude.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy you said that, because that's literally, like our whole goal is like everyone who you when you're playing in the league, Like when you first get in the lead, there's those year ten guys and they like leave and they come back and you always ask them like, hey, what do you miss And everybody says, there's a couple of answers, but everyone always says they missed the boys, They missed the locker room, and like, as you get older, you kind of fear that. So when Will and I started this like that, we wanted that to be the vibe. We wanted to be the vibe where people are sitting down, we're asking the same dumb questions Kobe or Lebron, Michael, we're asking first time he jerked off, like just crazy like.
Speaker 3: Conversations about the Lebron question. Yeah, but you know that's always a question. It's always a question.
Speaker 1: The locker was the first thing I came to my It's a popular question. I don't think we have talked about that, but it is, like, it's fucking awesome, dude, and it's great to know that, like the forty nine as they roll with.
Speaker 3: The boys, it's the best. It was a good locker room. Was kittle kind of steam had that? Yeah? I would say so you know, for for me personally, I came in in the middle of the year not knowing what was going on. You know, I didn't know I knew people, but didn't know people, which was a weird experience. But you can just tell. I think there was twenty two guys from the Super Bowl team a few years ago who are still on the team. So they they'd set a culture and a standard that had been there for a while, and you know, I was just pumped up to join them.
Speaker 4: What was it like getting traded? It was a you're you're the friend, You're like the face of the Panthers, like.
Speaker 1: The fun when we would play you guys, they'd be like, if you stop this guy, we have a chance to win.
Speaker 3: He's going to touch the ball thirty times a game.
Speaker 4: First overall draft pick from me Fantasy Football, thank you for Holden's true I was like, Okay, he's had a couple of.
Speaker 3: Injury bugs last couple of years. This is he's gonna get it right this year. Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take us through that trade, bro because that's I mean, that was a massive headline.
Speaker 3: It was it was an you know, you hear about it, but you never I don't know. For me, I never thought i'd get traded. I thought I was a Panther forever. I'm like, I bought a house there, this is home. And I'd heard the rumors in the offseason, so I, you know, obviously, I called the GM. I'm like, hey, man, just you know, I just need to hear it from you, any any truth. And he's he was super honest. He's like, look, absolutely not. We don't want to do this, you know, but we'll listen to everything. And that's that's fair. I'm like, sounds good. Just let me know. But I went into the season, man, I'm like, look, I'm all in. It is what it is. I I legitimately forgot about that, thinking I'm on the team I play. And I think it was four or five games and the rumors had continued to gone and coach Ruhle got fired. We had lost a few games in a row, and I figured like, if this was going to happen, this is how it happens, and you're anticipated hit a little. But I didn't, maybe subconsciously, but I never I never addressed it, you know, openly, and so uh we played La. We played the Rams. It was a first game with coach Wilkes, and we lost. I had a pretty good game, though, and I just remember my agent saying it could happen this week, but I don't think so. And so early in the week it was, you know, I don't think this is happening. And then the week kept going and going and there was more of a chance, and I was just like, look, if it's going to happen, make a house preparing for Tampa. So for you know, anyone who doesn't know what it's like to get traded in the middle of a week. You know, I'm in practice in meetings Wednesday, treatment practice and meetings Thursday, treatment eleven thirty pm. I get a call trading you to the Niners. YadA YadA, seven am. Flight didn't say by to one person. Practice with the Niners Friday. Try to scramble together, you know, a few plays in a little package. Go play the Chiefs on Sunday for the Niners, and then from there you just roll.
Speaker 1: So you when you call the GM, you obviously there's a bit of an anxiety. And then when you after you play the Rams, your agents like, hey, probably won't happen, but it could happen this week. How does that like affect you during the season leading up to that point, because obviously everyone's always all in, like the guys who really care about football, they're gonna be all in for their team, but there's gonna be some sort of level of you got to feel some sort of way knowing there's a possibility of this team, whether you feel like they're giving up.
Speaker 3: On you or they want to move on for whatever reason.
Speaker 1: Like, what was your thought process like up until getting traded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's I think I legitimately blocked it out for the first four weeks and then, like like you said, like that week where it was like, hey, this could happen. I mean it's all I thought about. You know, It's like it was completely in the back of my head, like consuming the unknown. Yeah, it consumes you, but you have to do your best. Were I was, you know, prepping for Tampa. So I just started, you know, doing all that and just getting ready to go, and I figured, hey, don't change a thing, because regardless you're going to be on a team, whether it's you know, you get traded Tuesday or whether you get traded Thursday, whatever it is. I just didn't want to prolong it. I wanted to play in every game this year. That was a you know, big deal to me to be able to suit up and play in every game, and so I just wanted it to happen sooner than later. But uh no, it definitely consumes you. I mean, it's in the back of your head. Even in practice. I'm like, dude, just don't do anything stupid, like who knows what's going to happen. Like I was warming up for like an hour just to make sure I'm you know, checking the box. So yeah, it definitely consumes you a little.
Speaker 4: Then you I was gonna say, as your initial reaction when you got traded, is it pissed off?
Speaker 3: It's so weird. Weird. It's a weird deal because there's so many emotions, and the first emotions probably anger, like man, you guys don't want me anymore. Like that's really what it is. You know, you can call it what it is. Well, they got a lot for you. It's like, na, like you're you think you're better off without me, that's what it is. And uh so you get that. So it's you know, you're pissed off, but then you're excited, but then you're you know, you got two days. So I just think there's so many emotions that get flooded at you at once that you're not really able to address because they give you the playbook as soon as you get there, and you're like, shit, man, that's what that's you know, I gotta get going, so you can't even address it. And I don't even know if I've completely decompressed yet with the whole thing. But it's like a big breakup and you don't get any chance after. Yeah, if they break up into a next relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, immediately, not even like the courting process of the other relationship.
Speaker 3: I'm healthy to leave this one. I go this one, your ex pix, your next chick, Yeah, what the hell is?
Speaker 1: Hey, we're done. But she's gonna be great to me. Ye's gonna be fantastic.
Speaker 3: I hope she's good. And she was.
Speaker 1: It was I had to be a little bit of like Carolina was going down the dumbs pretty fast.
Speaker 3: And then you get traded to the forty nine ers are like, hey.
Speaker 1: You're pisses first, and you're like, I'm going to a good ball club here in.
Speaker 3: A family that obviously is you know you know what though, And I've this is dead honest truth. I legitimately thought we could still win because we had a really hard first part of the schedule, and so there was a few games in there where we're like a god, like, you hope you win these games, and you you want to win these games. But you got a new quarterback, you got a new offense. There's gonna it's gonna come with some growing pains. Our coordinator just got there, our quarterback got there in training camp. Like I, I really believed we could still win. So in the back of my head, I'm like, you know, we could be one of those Miami teams who wins nine straight later in the year. A couple of years ago, I in my head believed that, and and they ended up doing, you know, kind of making a little bit of the man. I mean, they got the mix for sure. So I I, you know, you any way you could get into the playoffs doesn't really matter as long as you get in. And so I thought we could. And so that that didn't help. I wasn't like, oh the hell, yeah, I'm out like that. That that wasn't my mentality after got traded. I loved Charlotte Man, and I was a captain on that team. I love those guys, and uh so, you know, it came with a lot of mixed emotions.
Speaker 1: So Thursday night, eleven thirty at night, you get traded, seven am, you're on a flight, and then you have to play a game in forty eight hours essentially, like what was when you talked to Shanahan and the boys like we like, hey, we need these ten plays out of you during the game, because it was it was a big surprise to everybody when you'd stepped on the field that that Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I at first I didn't know if I was gonna pla. I don't think they knew if I was gonna play. And then I think I got there and and if you know how Shanahan's a wizard man, he I think he started to put together a little bit of a red zone package and maybe something like ten plays here where he's like, you know, maybe we can use him in a couple different ways and teach him some base runs, get them some touches, and uh so I had I was ready for ten to twelve plays. I ended up playing in like twenty, and poor Jimmy like he called like eight plays. I've never heard. I know, I couldn't tell you what one thing meant in the play, like Jimmy, I'm sorry, but you got to tell me what to do. Jimmy, you know obviously told me what to do. But yeah, it was it was a different game week experience. I could say that, how was your how was your transition going to San fran It was great, man, it was great. I mean that's as seamless of a transition as I could have imagined. From the coaches helping me out learning the plays quick to shit. Brock Purty was walking through with me on the turf field, you know, after hours, just to try to you know, get some reps in so I could hear the plays. Kittle and all the leaders on the team. I mean, you're playing with guys that are elite at what they do all over the locker room. So from them welcome me in. Man, they felt like family right away. I was so thankful, you know, because you never know how that's going to go. It could be some resentment or something like hell was a new guy, and uh no, they welcome in with open arms. Everyone was so great and clicked those boys right away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you first got to San Frandi, Like who did you gravitate towards early like or who I guess who opened the doors to like a little bit of a friendship early like.
Speaker 3: Boys. Kittle was amazing, man. He he called me when I got traded the GM the Panthers called me. He told me getting traded. John Lynch called me, and then Kittle called me. Did you know before I'd known Kittle, I you know, hung out of them for a while, you know, seeing him at different events here and there. So he was like the third call, and man, that meant a lot to me. Obviously he's a leader on that team. And then sharing the running back room with Kyle Juice check was great, and that whole running back room was awesome. Man, it's a good room. And Elijah Mitchell and just being able to learn from him and just no egos. No, you know, it was a it was a seamless transition. But you know, I saw like Trent Williams in the locker rooms like monster I saw man and Fred Warner is a beast, you know, Debo, you all those guys, So they are sad, they're so close, man, like you can tell they've been through some shit together. Yeah, you know, what I mean. So when I stepped in there, I'm like, look, I just just do your job. You don't got to do anything else, but just do your job.
Speaker 4: Knowing that the Panthers were your first, was your first organization, going to the San Francisco and see how that organization was ran, was it eye opening between the two different organizations, Like I know, for me when I went from Washington to Tennessee, you saw right away like how differently the Titans would run.
Speaker 3: Stuff compared to compared to Washington.
Speaker 4: And then say when I went to the Raiders and everything else, was it similar at all going from Carolina to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Uh? No, it was pretty different in a lot of ways, not even good or bad. But you just you get in a routine in one team, or do your practice schedule with when you get treatment, with when they practice, when they lift, et cetera. So all that was different. So I had to kind of adjust mid season all of that stuff. So as far as the scheduling went, it was much different. Uh. The playbook obviously was much different, completely new terminology and uh but I think you know for me, you I adapted pretty quick. And the other good thing was we played Kansas City, where I chalk it up to you know, scratch, like you played, but just now you can get your bearings for a week. And then we played LA the next week and then we had to buy. So I played in really one and a half games and then we had a buy where I could really get used to everything and how things were ran. But even like your treatment people, you know what I mean, like the guys that you see that because you.
Speaker 1: Got your guy, Like there's that one guy in the building was like, this is my dude I'm working with.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, you know all that you're scrambling to figure that stuff out. And yeah, there's a there's a lot of differences here and there, but I'd say that was probably the biggest effect. It's just trying to figure out the logistics of your schedule throughout the week. Yeah.
Speaker 4: How close are you with the uh like getting cause your family's with the your the Shanahan family and your family, you guys.
Speaker 3: Are like tight, right? Yes?
Speaker 4: Is that are you are you going there feeling kind of like that interpersonal relationship with coach Shanahan or is it kind of like our families are type of you know, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's still different for us. I think when you get traded, it's like you really understand the family, friend or whatever, how much of a business it is. And you also understand that these guys just traded a lot for you. So you know, there's there's no like, hey, what's up, man, good, It's like all right, dude, like I it's time, like I gotta I gotta prove you right. And we got a role because you know, I mean, my my dad played for played for Mike Shanahan for a long time, and they're really close, you know, really close, and Kyle grew up in that locker room. Kyle grew up one of those games, the Niners games when Mike was there and the Broncos games. I'd only met Kyle after a game when we when we played them, though I didn't I wasn't like, you know, I talked to Kyle all the time. That wasn't the case at all. And I think, you know, we have a lot of similarities in a lot of ways, in the sense that you know, your your dad's kind of grew up. Know, my dad had three Super Bowl rings and growing up in Denver, you know, he was a big deal. And you know, I kind of always you know, I ended up making a name for myself, but just growing up, you're in his shadow. And I thought it was the best thing ever. I mean, me and my pops are like that, and it was it was amazing. But you know, I think Kyle probably feels out a little bit too, And so it's all business though. And I love Kyle and I and we you know, we got a good relationship. But I want to win so bad man, and I know he does too, So it's it's definitely to the script and business. You guys are so close this year.
Speaker 1: Dude, When when you got Jimmy g telling you what to do in the field and then a few weeks later he's out. Like what was the vibe in the locker room? Because it seems like it was truly a next man up mentality, That's what it seemed like from the outside looking in. But do you have a guy who's mister irrelevant, Like you really have no idea what he's gonna play on the field. You had no chance to see him in camp or really in preseason games or anything. So like what was your thought process and like what was the vibe of the boys, Like the next day.
Speaker 3: And there was a lot of mixed emotions, uh, and a lot of unknowns. But like I said, I mean that you got the number one defense and you have a lot of weapons, and so I don't I don't. I really don't believe anyone ever blinked. I think it was, hey, we're gonna have to step up, like there's you know, And I don't know what that means because I never understood that because it's like, well, what were you doing before, like you know not but like you know what I mean, just kind of you know, lock in, no, no bullshit, nothing and uh. But I didn't feel like anybody blinked. And I and to hear the defense talk about Brock because those are the guys going against him in scout team and during training camp they were huge fans. They're like, oh no, he can ball, and so we're like, all right, let's let's see what happens. And he went in the middle of the Miami Gaming one and then you know, it's kind of history from there. But no, it was impressive what he did. I'll be honest with you, how do you really impress if to wash them from a close spectrum.
Speaker 1: How do you feel sitting in this room right now and not getting ready for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: No, you were so close. It hurts, man, It hurts. It's uh yeah, it hurts. Yeah, it hurts man. But is your dad like the guy from what was the movie with Bobe Miles right and night lights?
Speaker 1: So he's like, you see that he got one of those, got one of those, gets you one of those?
Speaker 3: Like that is your dad? Kind of put in your face a little bit. He's letting a ride. I've never seen my dad's rings. He's the couldn't be you got to drive home drug after a game?
Speaker 1: Yeahs out the window, you're stuffing through.
Speaker 3: The gray nod fucking kicks out the window.
Speaker 1: Christians all sat on the field, his dad walks up, puts it on his finger.
Speaker 3: By the way, they asked me the other day, like, what's one of the best movie scenes of all time? That was like in my top three when he's on his knees when he hugs his dad at the end there when other I mean emotional right now, that is tough. Was the lamp scene? Throws the lamp on the ground, I dropped it. He's like, can't hold the lamp, can't hold on the football. I can hold on the football. Get the hell out of here. I got a funny story about that. Actually, dug tasers are can you old? How about now? Can you all do it now?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that poor girl just sitting there watching it all go down to Tim mc.
Speaker 3: Graw's like half naked, like, well, I think your name's like Maurice Marie. You've grown up relaxed.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so Tim McGrath's daughter went to Stanford, so we got to know the McGrath's a little bit. Me and my friend group. She's an awesome girl, and uh, we had dinner. A family friend of ours know them pretty well. So he invited us over for dinner when we were at Stanford. Not Tim our family friend, but the McGrath's him and Faith Hill we're going and so we're like all right, cool, well we'll head over, and the whole way on the car right, they're like, dude, just don't fucking say any Friday night lights lines like say like deeper professional whatever. Within five minutes, someone drops a fork and my idiot buddy like like it's like, don't punch The president goes, can't hold on to the fork, can't hold on dude. He was like no, no, and we all just started and he started laughing too, which was good, but oh my god, it was anything to it. He laughed. He just laughed, didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: And Jim McGraw is one of those dudes you've seen you're like, fuck, that's really Tim McGrath as he ripped out.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: I saw him at UH when I tore my seal in twenty twenty and they were playing The Ravens and the Sweet next to me.
Speaker 3: He was there and someone like kind of tapped them loss.
Speaker 1: I kind of get like one of those and he like, look, gave me the head and I was like, we're fucking tight, dude, We're boys.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but dude, we were at Losers in Nashville one time and the owner of Loser's name is Steve Ford.
Speaker 3: He comes up.
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, you all want the back, that's fine, but Bob's coming. I'm like, who's Bob. He's like kid Rock, kid Rocks on his way. So my first thing is where's Will. I go over to way like a will Kid Rock's coming. Don't say any Joe.
Speaker 3: Dirt, that's summer too massive, kid Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, don't say any Joe dirt ship, don't start saying ball at the bar, any of this stuff. Kid Rock comes in.
Speaker 3: We're hanging out.
Speaker 1: We're literally playing beer pong, and we're like talking for a little bit. It's me Will and Kid Rock and we we're talking and there's like a bit of an awkward silence and we'll just go I can't stop thinking about Joe dirtlines right now.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, brother, it's tough when you're around those type of cats. Dude, it's tough. You kind of want to be like, I know you. Yeah, you don't really know him scenes. Bro, Yeah, it's exactly. It's like not man, no, No, you're just you're thinking of his character acting, so I would actually.
Speaker 4: Think is like an asshole who I wouldn't like before meeting him. Is a Jeoffrey from Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: I think I really have an issue with I gotta watch that show. Yeah, the worst person step away from acting. That's what I heard.
Speaker 3: He quit acting.
Speaker 1: What a great actors got to be it.
Speaker 3: Shall we talk about the NFC Championship. We don't have to. I think we got it. Don't worry about it. I think we got to touch on it. Don't worry about it, dude.
Speaker 1: We got a touch. We got to touch on it. Figure, did Brock perty fake that injury? I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I mean it was pretty tough. He he tore his UCL. I mean, he legitimately couldn't throw, and our only hope for you know, we still had hope. Josh came in and we we tie it up, We're ready to roll. And then when Josh went down, it's like, you know, it's panic mode, but you never know. Defense picked six special teams touchdown, you know what's gonna happen. But I don't know if they knew how hurt Brock was, so just having Brock out there, there was still the threat of like, oh maybe maybe they shot him up and he's good to go, like who knows, right, And he threw a couple of screen passes, but I mean that's a serious injury. He's just serious injury for him to come back in the game and you know, try to at least throw dog Yeah, no, uh no, he didn't fake it.
Speaker 1: Because I didn't get to see the game, but you were saying they were just like y'all were just running the ball.
Speaker 4: After at least like yeah, they might not know what's going on, but after a few plays, you're gonna realize, like, let's just stack the box until they do throw and show that they can try and go up top. So after that, like as you guys are doing running plaffter running platter, running patter, running plafter fucking running play going into the fourth quarter, and then it's not like nobody's like the clock's not stopping.
Speaker 3: You guys are just running the football.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting there like, will at least try to fucking at least try to throw the fall like you throw it into the fucking stands.
Speaker 3: I'm like, hell yeah, let it fucking rip. Bro. That was one of the worst I wish Why continue to just run the ball? Is there a sense of frustration like like him and Deebo and drawing up on the sidle, like.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, George, I'm about to just say, look at me, I'm gonna throw this ball to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, in theory, like that's that sounds really good. I just I just feel like I couldn't call play, Like I know the running back position and in some Z plays, but like calling a play and knowing what people are you could draw it up all you want. We drew up that that double reverse, and you know, it was the one time I think they go to shell now and then I, you know, Kittle's double covered and he's our only guy, and so I just I threw it to absolutely nobody. But I love that you just let it rip it throwing the football. Yeah, I almost got grounding, which would have been like, oh, yeah, never mind, we're not throwing the football, but but no, it's uh, I think at that point, man, you're you're hoping for. You know, we did a couple of double reverses and we were still running the ball efficiently. It's not like we were zero yards. And I don't know, I wish I'm not a coach. I I don't know what I would have done. I don't think I've ever seen that. The only time I've ever seen no quarterbacks be able to play was the Broncos COVID deal Peace squad receiver they gotta be by like forty five. Yeah, that was a tough That was a tough though. Let alone and you know, not having a quarterback for two and a half in the NFC Championship. But I'm you know, and they they're the ones that hurt them. So it's not like, you know, you can't say it's not fair. You know, they play good ball, it's a good team, but yeah, what a tough fucking spot to be in. And I get it.
Speaker 4: It's like in theory that sounds nice, and it's like, I know, like I'm saying, then kind of you're trying to get you to speak on something where it's like, I mean, I'm not you're not a coach, you're not doing all that stuff.
Speaker 3: You're not trying to draw it up.
Speaker 4: But I'm just thinking NFC Championship, there's truly nothing to fucking lose at what at all whatsoever. So it's like you're just out there, Hey, I'm gonna fucking go five yards and go out just to simplify for somebody trying to throw the rock like Kyle be A be a quarterback so Christian could maybe still run the football. But that's what I'm still there thinking. I'm like, man, at least at least show that you might just throw the ball at some point. That's what I was saying. You know, I'm pissed off. Yell the TV.
Speaker 3: I bet on you guys. I'm fucking I'm pissed off.
Speaker 1: If there was gonna be a quarterback, who do you think it would be have to step in man and taking away the fact that it's the NFC Championship, that'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Like if you're in the middle of it. In the back of my mind, I won't lie. I'm like, look, dude, if I get the ball, I'm ripping it, like yeah, yeah, brother, we call like some you know whatever the top off we shouldn't have done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if it's in the middle of the season, you you do, like you run the ball, you get out of the game, and it's like, well, fuck, we didn't have a quarterback.
Speaker 3: But it's like the game before the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you guys are thinking about the negative, Like imagine if you were play quarterback and was throwing dimes all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Yeah or yeah, I don't know. All that quarterback stuff's tough, Like forget throwing the ball, like calling the play in the huddle, like they're still giving me ship because I called one play on the wristband. It was a double reverse pass and like the whole game, it was so loud and so the quarterbacks in there just screaming like we had to have a guy taking knee in the middle so we could shorten up the circle just sweetly, bro. And uh and so I'm like, damn, I gotta yell this play. Call I meanwhile the play calls, it's that long, and uh, I'm screaming the play and George's like, dude, like it was the one time it was quiet, So like the whole defense is like that. We can hear you. Like I'm like, oh shit, so quiet my voice down for a little bit. But now calling the play in the huddle is more difficult than.
Speaker 1: People's make What about turbo package? Why not go into your you guys have like some on the ball stuff where you have like one one word and that's what you're gonna call and that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we yeah, we have that. We but I don't know. I don't know the quarterback corbo package. Juice might but there you go put juice in. There's so many like there's so many what ifs, man, and like you should have done it. It's like, but I don't know. It just it just sucked. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean this is from the perspective were opening wounds and then joking way and.
Speaker 3: I know you're allowed to carry three quarterbacks, like I meant. I had a comment earlier this week in the media where I was like, I wish they changed that rule, and people are like, well, you can change you can carry three quarterbacks. I'm like, I know that. I just mean, you have fifty three guys active, but only how many suit up forty forty eighty six shoot up?
Speaker 1: Forty eight can suit up now, but you would have to, but you have to suit up an extra offensive lineman almighty first seven.
Speaker 3: My whole point, I was like, I know that. I just wish one of those extra active players could be a third quarterback because nobody wants to watch that. That's not no like, it's it sucks for us, it sucks for fans, it sucks for everything. You're like, dude, this is there's so you know, people's lives. It's and look I'm bitter, and then the wounds are still fresh and I'm pissed off, and I get it. I'll get over it. But that was just my initial angry thoughts post game.
Speaker 1: Dude, the hockey's got a rule, not necessarily rule, but there are literally guys in the stands that are goalies and they're like, like, there's two goalies that suit up. If both those goalies get hurt, that guy will literally go down the.
Speaker 3: Locker room, suit up and go play goalie. That wild Yeah, that would.
Speaker 4: Be nice if you were able to do that, because it does like and I know we're sitting here talking like, oh we should have could It's like this, the chances are nine to nine percent chance you were still.
Speaker 3: Going to lose the game.
Speaker 4: Whoa well, I mean the way it was getting out of hand, it's just like they had a quarter left to make something happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what you're saying, you're not saying even with Brock.
Speaker 4: And you're saying like, oh, if you was, if he would have acted as the quarterback into the baar, and that means they would have won the game. It's like, you know, you're kind of just like, well, everyone knows it's pretty much gonna be over with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought you were saying if Brock played the entire game, Oh no, no, no, no, okay, just when that game you really think so, you really think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You no, there there.
Speaker 3: Those are both the two best put together teams in the NFL. They were really they were good.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: I thought they're a good team. You know, you go into every game confident, and that's one thing about Kyle, like he gets you to get you know, with his game plans and stuff. You're like, oh damn, I'm excited for this game, you know, and and who knows what would have happened. I just think, man, like, I just wish it didn't go that way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is especially in that uh uh the first drive to like they got that fourth down play and obviously you guys are still in it, so it's just like nobody's want to get you that catch.
Speaker 3: A different game, it's a different game. How about the punt. The punt too, they're rough in the punter. Different game. Who knows game. I'm talking on the couch. I know, I'm talking on a couch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're wearing that heart on that sleeve right now, which is awesome night. We're gonna absolutely love it. You had a comment, I think you're on an NFL network media role. It might have been yesterday, say you wish you hope both teams lose. Obviously that's not gonna happen. Who do you not hope? But who do you think? Actually, yeah, imagine there's a tie for the Super Bowl that can't happen, right, No, it can't happen.
Speaker 3: No, No, there's no way.
Speaker 1: There's no ties, there's no ties. Who do you think is going to win this game? Because we've been this has been like obviously the conversation for everybody, especially here in this house. Everyone's talking over and over about how.
Speaker 3: By the time this comes out, it's like it'll be done, it'll be done. We'll clip it real quick and set it out today. Yeah. I don't know, man, I don't know. I think I don't know. It's so hard for me to like say one or the other, you know, because I'm so pissed off. You know. It's like, so you think the eas not necessarily, not necessarily, I mean tough. They're a stacked team that got you know, so many weapons on offense and and and that pass rush is serious. It's tough to bet against Pat Mahomes ever, you know, in a game. So, I don't know. I hope it's a good game, though, I don't know if I watch, but I hope it's a good game. You don't think you're gonna watch the Super It hurts that bad hurts. It hurts. Brother. I can't, I can't imagine. I mean I can't.
Speaker 1: I was in the Answer Championship once. But that's gotta be fucking tough, you know, exactly as feeling. Yeah, but like I mean, we lost made it even tougher because there's there is truly a like argument for what if Yeah, you know what I'm saying, if we got beat, i'd be like you know what man prop and and look, you're gonna clip that.
Speaker 3: By the way, Philly fans hate hate me right now for the whole I hope both team anyway.
Speaker 1: Good, but dude, it's Philly. They're literally that's what they do.
Speaker 3: So but but like I you know, I'm not saying we would have won. I am saying, you know, we'd have had a chance and that would have been you know, but no, like that we would have got it. It's actually on Twitter right now. No, But I just think having a chance is important in the NFL. Yeah, yeah, I think Philly's gonna win, So I do. I think that's yeah, that's what I think. I think Philly's gonna win.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: And then you had a fantastic point earlier this week where that the way the Chiefs win is off scripted place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I.
Speaker 4: Feel because I just feel like Philly can line up and beat you eat, you know, both ways, on the ground, through the air, which was tough, which was what was shitty to watch with you guys. You guys have such a tough defense, like seeing them march down and like run the balls like fuck man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is the other thing about our team, Like I just feel like we've been down in the first half in multiple games this year where it was looking like that, but our second half adjustments on defense, like Demico Ryans had the dialed in the second half, and I just feel like that was where we thrived. Was that second half, that third and fourth quarter where you know, we made a lot of way in that second half. So who knows. But you guys have a lot of guys in free agency this year. We have some really important guys in free agency. But no, we get a lot of guys back. Yeah, who are the guys that are in free agency. I'm gonna miss some of them, I know, Like off the top of my head. Mcglinche, I right tackled Jimmy Ward. I'm a big fan of Jimmy Ward's stud I'm not sure receiver, who's up and who's not. I don't I'm not still not familiar with how old everyone is, so I don't know, like who's on the free agent market. Those are the ones that jumped off the right away, and I think d line Charles uh uh center, maybe back d line dude.
Speaker 1: So McGlinchey is one of those dudes on the offensive line that I feel like it's way more hate than he deserves. I feel like everyone's always like trashing, but I feel like he's a pretty solid tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's really good. Harry slid Yeah, thirty tough is you play on the opposite side of Trent Williams your whole career, it's like, or not your whole career, but like the opposite of Trent Williams. Yeah, Like that's tough. Yeah, tough to like you're not you know what I mean. Yeah, No, Mike's been nothing, but he's been great.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine being a part of a franchise that had Joe Staley for eleven years and then he leaves and then you actually have an upgrade a tackle that's like the most wild ship his tackles like one of those positions like there's so much demand and there's hardly any supply.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred crazy. I just think go line in general. Now you can get a solid old lineman at any of the five positions, but especially left tackle. That's so hard to find. Brother, and he does. He has.
Speaker 1: Trent has no sign of slowing down at all. He looks he got better when left the Red Skinner. Yea with the Commander is now a year off, taking the year off, which I feel like, never happens, dude, Yeah, never happens.
Speaker 3: Sud Man, he's the free He's the freakiest player I've ever seen in my life in person. And I don't even know if it's close, like just practicing and like it's stupid. Does he practice hard? He doesn't practice Wednesdays. He does. Really, he does it what he has to do. Yeah, you could you get attest to that. Yeah, he does what. He'll be on the side, but he's one of those guys that you can do that. Yeah, he's he's one of those guys that can. Yeah, I was gonna say.
Speaker 4: The conversation with the lunch they ble genuine as hell, innocent as hell, Like I really am waiting on the day where I walk in these doors and someone challenges me in practice, Like he had that comment when I was like a rookie.
Speaker 3: And he said that. He said that to Brian rat Poe, Like, remember, I knew it was for real too. Like Bosa, you know, every everyone knows Bosa in the year that he's had. We're on the bus one time and he's like, I got the hardest job in America. Like what He's like, I gotta go against trend every Day's defensive Player of the Year, saying like, I got the hardest job in America, going to like that's yeah, it's it's stupid, man, It's stupid. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think he almost beat the ship out of somebody the Eagles Sue at the end of the game.
Speaker 1: Bro, he's a little long buddy, and get a little bit of a history of just going off and that the Richard Truman back in the day.
Speaker 3: He went after the he went after the dB went the dB. Ain't nothing wrong with that, you know, ain't nothing wrong with that?
Speaker 4: Box box box day what I wanted to see because Sue ended up trying to get in there, I'm like, oh, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To That would have been a nice little right dude. And Dominic consumers trip Williams, right, I think I think Trent takes that. Now, though I think Trent takes that, I'm not condoning, man, I don't know. Yeah, yeah, like there's nobody I'm actually kill me. What if I comment on that's gonna kill me? Next year we play on kill me.
Speaker 1: If you can catch you, brot, you gotta believe yourself being a catching you dude when when you're training for the Comma, there's a video that came out about you.
Speaker 3: Uh if you're doing like you were like doing your high knees over like some sort of.
Speaker 1: Like little little thing, you know, the video we're talking about video?
Speaker 3: I think, uh oh, yeah, how much? How much did you? Dude?
Speaker 1: You're you're in a room, there's a TV going and you're stepping over this little like fucking step thing. It's like this high You're like going super fast. It looks like it's fake. Do you remember that video? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that video real? What a fucking question? But is that real? Yeah? Being an absolute beast at Stanford such a dude. Yeah. Yeah, Stanford was fun, man, And I think though the football team was fun for sure. We had a good team man, like I feel like people counted us out a lot and we didn't even know how good we were. But there's like I want to say, like twenty to twenty five dudes who I played with in the three years I was there, who were in the league, like in the league or just got out, like you know, who were jumping around for a while. I didn't know if we knew how good we were. But it was fun, man. I had a lot of good times. That Rose Bowl game was a blast. My second year was you know, that whole year was fun. So I enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: Are you like going through this season just and when your shredding record, You're like, yo, this is fucking easy out here.
Speaker 3: I didn't know if I was going to start before the season started, so my freshman year it was it's the whole same running back room as my next year, so and I was I didn't start my freshman year. I was kind of a you know, third down utility guy, part return kick return stuff like that. My second year, I got the NOD and our first game we loosed to Northwestern and I had a fumble in the game, and I just remember like, like this is going to be an uphill battle. For me, that was our first game, so we're ohen one lost to unranked Northwestern at Northwestern and you just don't know what's gonna happen in your territory. So it was uh yeah, and then it just started going and going and going. I don't think it hit me till the end of the year, but that was fun. It's a fun tea.
Speaker 1: If you take Stanford out of it, what other what college would you want to go to? But the number one college or what I would have let's do both. Where would you Where would you have gone if it wasn't Stanford? And then if you had a choice of any school besides Stanford, where where would you have gone?
Speaker 3: I probably would have gone to Oregon. That was like in the Michael James d Anthony Thomas kind of era, and that kind of fit my style just in high school, like same offense, the whole nine track, all that stuff. But then, uh, I remember my dad sat me down and he he went over all the academic stuff and I understood that, but he's like, if you want to play in the NFL and like play big dog football, you got to run in a pro style offense. It is what it is because no one's gonna think that you can run in a pro style offense. And I was like, dang, you're right, like and he was right, like I needed to run power, I needed to run inside zone. I need you were going to go to organ, I wasn't going to go to Oregon, but I was debating between like Stanford, Oregon, Washington. And then my older brother played at Duke, so I was highly considering going to play with you know, play a duke with him too. So those were like the four where I was pretty close to going to Yeah, how pivotal was it for you to have your old man as like a mentor for you? It was growing up? Yeah? The best like legit like is it growing up? Was it one year out the other?
Speaker 4: And then it got a little bit more you took more of his of his advice, like when you got closer to college or how was that?
Speaker 3: How was that relationship with him growing up? We? Uh so I have three brothers and I'm I'm number two, and we all we all played football all, you know, played a bunch of different sports. But it was such an advantage man, Like we could go to him with anything and he was never like, hey, you gotta. He was tough man. We had a It was we grew up great. We you know, by any means where the farthest things from spoiled and it was hard at times, but we had so much fun. Man Like we I did everything with my brothers, and my older brother kicked my ass every single day and everything we did, and it was it was so good for me. And and having my dad, you know, obviously as an outlet at any time we wanted, was was great. I think not just for like, hey man, you know, if you're running a route and under fifteen yards you should never take more than three steps when you break, and like different things like that, and how to cut and how to plan and how to do this and that. It was more like the emotional side of it and how to handle your emotions when things happen. Because we were all we were always really competitive. We never needed like a hey man, you gotta try harder. It was always really important to us. So that was never like he didn't you know, he was big on effort and grades and all these things. But I think like how to handle your business and how to you know, deal with emotions when you're on the field was important for me to learn at a young age, because if I didn't have him, I don't know, you know, I don't know what would have happened. I gotta follow up.
Speaker 4: You mentioned it being like it was hard at times, Like what were the hard times?
Speaker 3: And when I say hard, how the old man was tough on you? It's like hard as a you know, when you're a kid, like it was. Now, it's not hard. I appreciate it. Look, we would get grounded for real if you got jersey tackle like seven, eight years old. If you got jersey when you wear the big jerseys, yeah, you get grounded if you get jersey. Oh really your ground depot tape that double sided tape. I'm eight and double side tape my pads. This is you know they didn't have the velcrobe and double side tape my pads. I never got I was running through everybody, no jersey tackles ever.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: He would cut like certain slits in the pant to give you like more neeflection, like back in the day at eight years old, doing like dynamic warm ups. Dude, no SODA's bedtime seven thirty. Yeah, like he would take they would take our phone until I left for high school at like a time, He's gonna hate me for saying all this, but it worked if you. I mean, I don't know if he's gonna listen to it, but but yeah, like that's it was like we you know, when diet was always important, sleep as always when now we were kids, man like we could go over to the friend's house. It wasn't like a you know, like anything like that. But when it came to sports into school, it was, hey, if you want to be here, here are the things that you need to do. Like like Friday in my off periods, like he would come pick me up and I was in high school. We go, you know, like middle of the day getting Ivy what oh yeah, we're getting We're getting just saline Ivy's game day. Because I remember one game I cramped. I cramped against Grandview High School, like my sophomore year, first game in the fourth quarter. Calf cramps, double calf cramps. It's like, you're never cramping it again. Ivy's never cramped again. Oh yeah. And I like even like little things like you wear in jeans like are my school was a private school, you had you wear jeans or you know, no sweats whatever, you were in jeans to school. He doesn't even remember this, but I remember. It's pretty heavy on legs, don't you think, like you know, like you're kind of right war sweats got in trouble. Then it's like, look, dude, you gotta be comfy during the day. You gotta be relaxed, Like this is how you act on a game day, Like this is what you do, like all that pep rally shit, like don't be yelling, don't be loosing your voice when you're out in the sun. If you squint, your wasting energy, Like make sure you have like I'm talking and I didn't realize. So like people who like know me now and they see how you know, taking how I take care of my body and like the warm ups and all these stuff. It's like that's been like bread in us since I was a kid, Like it's been taught to us for the longest time. Like, hey, this is and that's what he did. And he was over the top, Like there's guys in his team were like, what the hell is this guy? This guy's nuts. But you know, I mean I always felt like I had a chip on my shoulder and people were gonna count me out. And so I was gonna do everything. He go away in at like the washing. I mean everybody did this, but like I go on my Washington visit, I think I was like one eight. I had to be one eighty two or something like. That's how much I weighed. And he put like we put like little ten ten pounds like slit squares in my shoes or in my socks in case they made me take my shoes off, so that if you take your shoes off, you know obviously they're still in your socks. And I ended up weighing like one ninety eight. I had like a thick pair of puffy jeans on like the whole nine. Every trick in the brother you could think of. No to the University of University of Washington. So your daddy your going pro the minute you came out of the way. When when the coaches, when the college coaches would come to my high school, and like I was never small, so to say, but I was always people would say I'm small, like for you know, I wasn't two thirty. But he's like when the coaches come, like you got to go knock out like twenty five in the bathroom, Like so I would be doing push ups, bathroom floor curls and with my backpack before like you know, some QC from you know, Tennessee would come by. It has no he's not gonna offer me at all anyway, but my veins are popping out. I'm like, coach, nice to meet. You're like, yeah, he was like the whole nine. Yeah, hilarious, whole nine.
Speaker 4: That makes sense because you were dressed you were dressed up professionally when you visited Washington for your draft visit, because he was sitting in the special team's room with the special teams coordinator.
Speaker 3: Because remember we met that guy. I remember he came in and you're like sitting there and you got like this college shirt on everything else. I was like, oh man, I didn't. I didn't know. That wasn't twenty minutes break. I remember. I should I did. I did every visit I took. I was like, I thought that's what people did, Like, that's why I did that. If I knew, like, you know, that guy's kind of going over board, I probably would have, you know, maybe just not to tie, you know, maybe not to tie maybe just the shirt.
Speaker 4: It's just the fact that he's in the special teams coordinator's office, like he's obviously gonna be a tough running back.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah. And he's in there talking teams, the coordinator and you hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking teams in every fifteen minutes, he's like, hey, coach, I had another bathroom. Quick gets another twenty Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: He's got great square shoulders and the great square shoulders.
Speaker 3: So like people forget you played nine years in the NFL. People forget like funny and it's so it's, well, he do what. It's like nine years in the league. Man, that's pretty Let me get that. That's pretty impressive. No, am I wrong? No, you're right, brother.
Speaker 1: I think we're all kind of worried because I will he played ten years now.
Speaker 3: Ten years happened. No, I was just thinking. I was just wondering, you know, a little compliment, we'll.
Speaker 4: Call it, said Christian mccaff Chris respect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're eleven. You're Eleven's eleven? Well right now, that is that's all eyes are on. You're eleven right now? For Will Compton, when you spent years in the NFL, when did you know like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna make it to the NFL.
Speaker 3: Had eight years old. I remember I would go to like for me, it was I always knew how hard it was to get to the end like that. While while I knew I was good, I always knew there was like another level and I'd never gone against that other level. So I used to go to those all American like the you know, the FBU All American games when I was in like the seventh and eighth grade, and I just remember them hype like they they thought I was the punter. They gave me like the you know, the wrong they spelled my name wrong on the jersey, and I just like stuff like that mattered to me. And I just used to piss me off so much, and it always like stuck with me. And uh, they would hype up these other backs, like these other guys you know, like so much unch and that was like the poster of their whole thing. I'm like, mo, like, I'm looking better than that dude.
Speaker 4: Somebody you're thinking about, who was somebody in the guy you're thinking about right now.
Speaker 3: He's my guy and I love him and he yeah. And by the way, at the time, looking back, he probably he probably had the edge on me, which is tough to admit. Yeah, it was Michelle ran ten seven in the eighth grade, and you would have thought this guy, I mean, he was an impressive he played varsity as an eighth grader, and I just remember like he was the gold standard in the middle and I'm talking. I'm talking about middle school football right now. I don't but you see playing eighth grade. Seriously, fat, how do you play varsity in eighth grade American Heritage high school? I and all his highlight tapes like he didn't even know this, by the way, like but now he does. Yeah. I used to like like I don't know what the rule was in Florida, but in in Fort Lauderder, I guess like they let him play varsity. I mean he was balling five year letter in high school, so he was, yeah, he was, he was, you know, and then did the same thing. Went to be like army all American games, same and it's all the backs that are in the league. So like, looking back, I should have been like, hey, man, you're in the right class, like these are good, you know, good backs, but I was it was still like, uh, I always had to prove myself everywhere I've been, and you know, I mean, it is what it is. I feel like that's everyone's story. It's not like just me. I feel, you know, more, I talk to people more like yeah, same, you know, but we all make up some inemy and or every.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everybody has their own story, absolutely like they. I don't know, got like three guys in my head right now. It's like I remember, I remember looking at dudes being like, these guys fucking don't even know. Yeah, they have no idea what's about to come?
Speaker 3: Combine e er y dude, I'll never forget it. And I didn't even realize it either. I didn't look at like the way they spelled my name, so I did the whole thing. My buddies are hitting me up like, dude, yeah damn tho they disrespected you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does that make you feel?
Speaker 3: You know what it's like? Because because I'm I get like salty like that, I I notice it more like I'm sure most people who aren't bitter like me, they're probably like yeah whatever, like who cares, you know, and they're fine, it doesn't matter. But because I like, you know what I mean, I don't know, like you said, you all you always create an enemy, and I think that's what keeps guys going, like I, it's it's you. You have to keep that chip. Otherwise it's it's just tough to find a purpose. You're not you're not the minority.
Speaker 1: I feel like keeping the chip, like there's way more guys like that. And then most of the time that there are these successful guys right that have that chip always that are like this, people are out to get me, and one one little thing like spelling your last name wrong, like this is all I needed, Like this, this is the affirmation I needed person to know. Yeah, you know that, like these people are really truly out to get me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, that's how you feel. You're like, yeah, you want me to fail, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: And and honestly, if you really were able to zoom out, no one's thinking about you.
Speaker 3: Didn't care less, not one person, probably the marketing dude who like couldn't even like he's just putting together the like doing the jerseys in the back. It's not like the NFL is not again. Roger Goodell.
Speaker 1: Roger Goodell called was like, fuck it up, dude, we cannot have a white running back in the NFL right now.
Speaker 3: All the guy's name wrong. Yeah, I know, yeah, it's crazy, you know, but and and sometimes it is like that, but you know there's real stuff that where you're like, man, somebody actually might feel like that. But then you find the little things that just kind of subconsciously confirm it. It's like, it's just keeping me alive right now, Like that's what's that's what's waking me up. You do seem super fucking competitive. What's keeping you alive? Right now? What's that game? That last game? Oh? Yeah, oh yeah, that'll that'll I think everybody kind of feels that, you know, the whole Yeah, I mean, that's there's a lot you know, it was a good revival of a year of like all right, let's go. You know, that's how I feel. You hope to play against Carolina soon. That thin gonna be awesome. Dude.
Speaker 1: That was the best possible so you could have had. They are, do you guys play the next year? I don't think we play next year? Know, I know, we don't plan. You know, you know, they don't have any other question.
Speaker 3: I know. I well, I just want to ask real quickly, what's that? All right? Cool? Eight minutes? All right?
Speaker 1: Uh matt ruhle he is now the head coach of Nebraska, what things do you have? Like obviously his time in Carolina was up and down. He got fired, But what do you think he's going to make him successful or if he's even going to be successful in Nebraska?
Speaker 3: Like, what what can I look forward to? Yeah? What can we look forward to? Seriously? The boys will play hard? Like that's one thing with coach rule, you know, you buy into his his way, like guys play hard man from top to bottom. I mean, you know the deal in the NFL, how tough it is to coach in this league, and a lot of things have to go right. I always said, like head coaching, quarterback, way too much credit, way too much blame. But no I have I have nothing but good things to say about Coltrull. He he got us going, man, he really from from the first year he got there too. And and the different things that he did and learned in his time, and his ability to change the things that he thought were wrong I thought was impressive too, Like openness to talk to guys, being able to you know, say hey, that was probably wrong of me to do and then change and actually go by it, you know, understanding like hey, I don't have it all figured out. I'm in year one two adaptability. But I mean, you saw the success he had in college. Man, that's I think it's a reason. Yeah, fires me up. That's amazing. Well, it does seem like a consistent message. Like as far.
Speaker 1: As was Matt Rule, the one was Christian, the one Matt Rule said saw his family in the airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he had.
Speaker 1: He was very complimentive of you said that you were walking out. I think it was when he got when he got traded. Yeah, and you saw his family and his and his kids in the in the airport.
Speaker 3: Work, and you went up to them and said, what's up? Onward man, onward and upward you guys. Yeah, yeah, it was weird. Honestly, it's like, this is an interesting head. Coach gets canned, I get canned. It's like, yeah, brother, you didn't get canned. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You can?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, you think you gotta tell you would they would they get in the trade? What did Carolina get?
Speaker 3: They got a two, three, a four, and a five, not all in the same year. I think I think it's over a couple of years. Yeah, man, you know he told himself that too, like, oh they didn't get me.
Speaker 4: A first Okay, Okay, I know I would have handled it, and I took that personal, and yeah, dude.
Speaker 3: We got it. Uh favor one of them and I've had. I think one that comes to mind was the first place the Rose Bull I was. You know, that was a game that I don't think anybody knew what was gonna happen, and uh, I was pissed off, and uh I just lost the heisman. The boy Derrick Henry, who's the boy by the way. I love that guy. I really do want to. I want to not like him. I can't. I love his game, I love him. I think he's I think he's great.
Speaker 1: But then a couple of years ago, when you beat us in Carolina, you're like, that's for you, Derek.
Speaker 3: But that game, that game, you know, I think that that play sparked just uh one of those games where just everything goes right for you. You know. I think like the safety came down the middle, linebacker slip so there's no whole player and then there's nobody behind the guy. So I had to do is make him miss, and god, it just house call. And I think we all knew, like this is about to be one of those games. And then and then the flip against when I jumped over that dude against Jacksonville. That was a fun play. That hurt My back hurt for like six weeks after that, but that was that was a memorable one. That's fucking awesome. I know, right makes you got anything, Garrett jack We were winning, you know, I mean I think I think like I have a hard time like when you're losing, like celebrating, Like it's kind of like the urgency to like get back to the huddle and get going a little bits, you know. And you're not the first person that said that, and I it might too be just like when you get traded. It's there's a lot of pressure that comes with that because you're on a new team, but there's also like an amount of pressure that just gets off your shoulders. You're like, you know what, man, Like I'm gonna just go have fun playing football because this is what I love to do. And you know, I just think when you I we had so many tough seasons in Carolina. I wanted more to celebrate than like the touchdown. You know, I wanted to win games. I wanted to be like, not just win one get win a couple in a row and then start to get momentum. Then you start to see the boys having a little more fun, but uh, just tough. Sometimes that fires me up. Dude.
Speaker 4: I'm pleasure with the I'm glad you with san Fran because I feel like you guys are they can be good for a while. They got the organization running smooth. It's just getting to the fucking super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, not. I can get Rogers though Rogers say he's not going to San Fran. You say that the Raiders might have a shot at him.
Speaker 1: We'll see, Yeah, if the Raiders are the big one, big one for him. But I thought he said in a golf tournament, I'm not going to San Fran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he said. Did you say that? I don't know. I don't know why I am crushing this podcast. What kind of father you think you're gonna be? Kind of father? Joe? Are we getting jersey tackles? We grounding the kids? Or what are you doing that? You gotta do what you know, That's all I know. All at a boy, I worry about that. Though, I worry about that. It's like, is my kid gonna hate eat me? Like, hey, man, come over here real quick. We're gonna tape your jersey, put it in from the fireplace, and do all this stuff. And I was like seven thirty, all right, I forget what got home from hoops like, but no, I mean it's funny because it started to work like when he did that, and I was like, damn, like, all right, that's the way it is. That's the way it is. And I enjoyed having success more than I enjoyed like, you know, staying up and all that stuff. It was fun for me. So I think all of us hated it at times, but under we all understood it. All four of us stah. Yeah, but yeah, So what am I gonna be? I don't know. That's a good question. Maybe my kid will like do music or something and maybe teach me some stuff about I don't know, who knows, dude. I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: And I just remember too, like your dad was Your dad was one of my first NFL action figures. Oh nice, Yeah, I was watching this, mister McCaffery. You were one of my first action figures. My dad, you know, white receiver, he white guy. You'renn it'll be like him.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be you. Yeah, but thanks for coming on.
Speaker 4: Man, it's been guys having man appreciate you talking about all the you know, forty nine or stuff.
Speaker 3: The trade. Yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 1: It'll be a good insight for people to see, like what are your mindset was that, because I know a lot of people are wondering.
Speaker 4: I can't wait for the stories with the old man going coming out. I can see that stuff like Jersey Jersey fucking getting ground.
Speaker 1: You might not see it, but one of his buddies is gonna see it. You see this, he's like hunt what he said? What He's gonna go watch all them videos, all the McCaffrey brother like yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's awesome, dude. He's here. Yeah, he's doing about he's that radio road doing some medias, he does some stuff serious.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, dude. He's still in the game, on the game, in the game, crushing it. So that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Brother. Appreciate it, guys, Thank you man. Yeah,