Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and New he scrugs.
Speaker 3: Let's ride Players Lounge right here on a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: You know the crew.
Speaker 3: Barry Church, Hekma Harrison, Danny McCrae. I'm new he scruggs.
Speaker 4: This is a huge week.
Speaker 3: It is Cowboys, It's forty nine ers. This is the game that we have scheduled on. We can't casts circled on the schedule like this is big. Mike McCarthy acknowledged it.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, he knows, he understands.
Speaker 4: Hey, how should he approach it? So let's go out of tamstart.
Speaker 5: He should approach it with the under standing that his players know that this is the team that put him out of the playoffs for the playoffs for the last two years. To go into the week acting like it didn't happen would be foolish.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Remind these guys, hey man, for the last two times we didn't played them. They essentially bullied us. We couldn't stop the run, we couldn't get anything going on offense. And if we want to change the narrative about what is the San Francisco forty nine ers now and the Dallas Cowboys not the old days the news, then we need to go out here and prove that we ain't that team that we put on tape them last two times. This is a different He said, it's time to flip the script. That's what he said about a bill. It's time to flip the script. That's what he needs to do. So I'm glad he's embracing it. They essentially did what Daddy flippers. They bullied us. Oh yeah, yeah, they stole on us. That's what they did. They stole on us. If you ever see something else what they did, they stole on us and were going to get our look back. That's why this is the whole thing right here. When Mike talks about or anybody talks about this being the test that you wont U versus team like the forty nine ers, they're talking about those last two playoff games. They talking about the way that they beat you, that you had to try and come, you had that silly play with Zeke that looks so crazy. Then you had then you had to play with Dak where the referee almost he ran over the referee. You had all of those plays going at the end of your seasons at the hand of one team, and that was the Sampsons. Excuse yeah, the Sampsus go forty nine ers. You have to set you have to set the tone not only in this game, but also send a message to everybody in your division as well.
Speaker 2: This is for Philly, This for all the tough games that you got.
Speaker 5: This is it because if you go in there, if you go in there and you get bullied again, what are they gonna say about you?
Speaker 2: You already know what they're gonna say about you if you go in there and get bullied. I mean, we talk about this. This is a huge game.
Speaker 6: This is a huge game, and Mike McCarthy, I'm glad he didn't approach it like it's is just another game the next week.
Speaker 2: That's why it's important.
Speaker 6: No, this is a team that, like you guys both said, punched you in the mouth the past two years.
Speaker 2: So this is gonna be a huge test to see where they are.
Speaker 6: As far as I don't want to say power rankings, but as far as where they are in the NFC, because we know San Francisco they're the top dog right now. I mean, we can't say no if ends but about it. They are the top dogs right now.
Speaker 2: So this will be a measuring stick to see where this Dallas Cowboys team is. But it's not only a test for you know, the players out there.
Speaker 6: It's a test for McCarthy as well, because I mean, let's let's let's bade right now. He's riding that great defense and I don't blame him because I don't blame him at all. I mean, that's what you gotta do. That's the formula win games. You're gonna ride that great defense. But that defense is gonna get tested, and San Francisco they're gonna put some points up. They're gonna put some points up. So it's gonna be down to McCarthy in this offense. They're gonna get tested in the red zone and they're gonna get tested in the field. We see he can move the ball up and down in between the twenties. We all seen that, but can he get it done in the reizone. This will be a great test for McCarthy and the Cowboys and listen and my guy, I got DQ two right because McCaffrey he brings some different. Man, he brings something different.
Speaker 5: And we've been watching it since since that trade was made, Like, we've been watching this dude be who he was in Carolina when Cam Newton was there and we was like, hey, man, CMC, can't nobody touched him. Then he went through some injuries. And now is the resurgence of the career. Is this also the resurgence of the forty niners and that was Cowboys rivalry?
Speaker 2: Can you consider it a rabble? I mean, the games are big.
Speaker 5: They don't know there ain't been no whoopings now all right, there ain't been no whoopings.
Speaker 2: We I'm gonna consider it.
Speaker 5: They need to be something burst up with some extra motivation because I don't want to see what happened last the last two years.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see it. We don't. We don't like him out with a boombox. We already know what after that.
Speaker 5: We've seen that, right, They did the Super grimblin on us at our house.
Speaker 2: And man, CMC is legit.
Speaker 5: We watched you turn on that tape boy the way that he's running right now without the injuries, and you see why everybody talks about him the way that it just like for a lot of years it was all clouds on CMC. Now you like, man, this dude's been moving in traffic, running away from people.
Speaker 2: It is not even what he does in between the.
Speaker 5: Tackles, it's the fact that you can't shut him down because he can go out in the past. I mean, and he's just as dangerous there as he is as a back Dudes are paid.
Speaker 2: Can you do that? Take fun? You can't do that?
Speaker 4: Go back to run CMC.
Speaker 3: Because Nate Newton was sitting in here a little bit after his show and I said, Nate, how would you stop Christian?
Speaker 4: And he said, eight in the box? What would you do?
Speaker 5: I just he couldn't. He couldn't be the one. You gotta make him one dimensional. You gotta do something. He couldn't be the.
Speaker 4: One that's tough.
Speaker 2: Ain't the boster because we ain't acting like you know these guys on outside in those grubs.
Speaker 6: Are you talking about Brandon and I you who before that injury he was killing the game. You talk about a debo, We've already known what he's done towards these past couple of times, Kittle, and I was not even.
Speaker 2: Talking about Jennings because that dude's a beast as well. So do you I mean the secondary play well last week, don't you Kittle? Jenny's one on one on I just can I say this? Can I say this?
Speaker 5: You can't be you can't overthink this and try and be smart to get into some exotic where you got it just a five technique and a bunch of guys standing up at the line of scrimmage. You have to be gap integrity sound. You can't play with this with this offense because look, he can legit have one hundred and twenty in the first half on you you saw that against Look Arizona's defense. Can't we agree now, that was a pretty good defense that we saw last They was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can agree with that.
Speaker 5: And they tried just they tried the crowd a lone of scrimmage the same way, but they had that all fresh white on. They look so good, and that all white boy he was running right through that stuff. And then when you think you get a stop, he gets out in the backfield's I'm gonna say this this is this is and this is old school here, all right. You know, all right, you playing four three three four whatever it is, you want to make guys like this run sideways and run the hump.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: So as a defensive lineman, if you Michael Parson's on the edge, if you're Demon Clark on the edge, fifty five on it, it don't matter who it is, you need to set the edge and knock guy's back right. So one the gap is not only clawed, but now he has to run the hump, which means coming backwards to run to the side versus what what's the quarterback from Josh Dobbs did when he hit the corner and it was he didn't run backwards it all.
Speaker 2: It's just like he just running the angle. So you have to set the edge on this dude.
Speaker 5: And then and then your defensive line is gonna have to set the tone because if they don't, you're gonna be in for a long day. Because we've seen what happens when those linemen get on those linebackers and they got a good offensive line.
Speaker 2: Trick Williams is coming to toss until your point and to your point, heck, i've heard you say this before.
Speaker 6: Rod Marrinella used to say it all the time when you when you got that scheme against Air Arizona, we saw a gave troubles, misdirection, you know, pre snap motion shift in all that type of noise. But you said it, Marionelli said it. You see a little, you see a lot, you see a lot, you see a little. We all know what happens with Shanahan's offense. He's gonna try to hit you with that eye candy. You're gonna get pulling guards, You're gonna get motion before the head counters.
Speaker 2: You're gonna see all that. To me, Like you said, gap discipline with that defensive line and in that second level with the linebackers in the safeties walking down you gotta read your keys, man, You got to read your keys because it's gonna be on them. Like if Mazie and those boys can stay gap discipline, they'll be all right, But it's gonna be on that second level players to make plays, especially coming downhill. But you gotta read your keys on this one.
Speaker 4: So back to what Nate said.
Speaker 3: Okay, heck answer now, you guys, would you go eight in the box against Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 2: Nah, I can't. I can't do it. I can't do it because that just leaves your secondary out to drive too much. Man.
Speaker 3: And he his point was, your guys make him play one on one. Let play and let Gilmour let them go on on one, take that chance, and he said his concern would be curse on killing.
Speaker 2: I'm not listen.
Speaker 5: I actually agree with eight in the Box until until brock Party makes you beat them.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: If it gets to a point to where you just getting diced up out there and you figure, hey, Gilmore and Bland and Jordan Little and they just can't hold up, then then yeah, you gotta change some stuff. But coming into the game, the most important person to stop or slow down to me is Christian McCaffrey because the offense revolves around him. So I'm gonna do whatever I can to make sure that we stop him. And then you know, if it's the unfortunate event happens that we can't hold up on the back end, which we haven't shown not to be able to. So it's no reason for us to go into the game saying, ay man, we should be worried put them out there.
Speaker 2: These are the guys that you trusted.
Speaker 5: These are the guys that you brought in, you drafted, you made deals for to say they gonna come out here and play man and man. Dan Quinn has been good so far. So like I said, I'm gonna trust him at the beginning aid in the box and if it doesn't work, then you gotta adjust. And that's I think that's gonna be a big part of the game anyways, Like because if we stop him with aid in the box, you can get guarantee that Shannon Hand's gonna figure out something else to come show us versus just keep running into a wall the whole game. As as safeties, like you you just talked about capturing the edge. You see kill You know how devastating of a blocker he is out on the edge. You guys, as safeties have to come down in that box. If you see all the pressure coming down, do you feel like when Dad Quinn puts this defense together that that's the one thing that Donald is gonna have to do. Number twenty eight. All of these guys are gonna have to feel the run. It's gonna be on your safeties.
Speaker 6: Especially if you're talking about eight in the box. You know that's Man the Man behind you. So we all understand when you play Man the Man on a specific person, you're on an end line of scrimmage and that tight end blocks down.
Speaker 2: You gotta read that and you gotta feel the trigger. You gotta block replace.
Speaker 6: But that's why I'm kind of nervous about this eight man box because if we got people crack replacing this whole time, you know, Shannonhan's gonna draw something up and go Kittle block down on that defensive and then release, and then we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about all man eyes on this situation.
Speaker 6: So if you're cursed and you got Kiddle on you, you man and man on Kittle he blocks down, are you looking up because you got a crack replace?
Speaker 2: But then when that dude slips out of there, it's gonna be so are we running six technique? Then? Are we put d law out there? Let him run a sixth technique on Kittle where?
Speaker 5: Because you're right, But if that's Michael Parsons and he ends up on the George on the on the Kittle side, then then you got to be worried with how that's being blocked, Like how do you how do you protect yourself against Michael Parsons then having to try to defend the run against a Kittle. But if the laws out there, then I'm saying, you know what techniques and I want you and I want you to gues run knock him back. Because for us, in our mind, as the Dallas Cowboys were saying, that's a mismatch, that's what we should be saying.
Speaker 6: But what that take away from the pass rush though, Like if he's just worried about let me just bull rush this dude, are you gonna leave Purty back there with enough time?
Speaker 2: This is a guy that, if I could be wrong, hasn't turned the ball over yet all season.
Speaker 6: So I mean, and I could be wrong about that stat but I mean, this is a guy that he takes care of the ball, he takes with the defense.
Speaker 5: He's yeah, he scares me less than letting Christian McCaffrey. Christian McCaffrey is doing this thing. Everything for brock Peridy gonna become easy. It's gonna be say first things first.
Speaker 3: First, mister Belichick, mindset take away the best guy?
Speaker 2: What do I do? First?
Speaker 4: Take him away? And then go back to what she said before?
Speaker 2: What have they done?
Speaker 3: They've come out here and they just bullied you up front. They're going to run the ball. They're going to try to run the ball. So if you d Q take that away, just make make Pery, I mean, make brock Purty beat you.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like he did that before, Like he's beating his team. Like christ McCaffrey didn't go crazy in the playoffs. Like brock Pery, they made the players he needed to make.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the same time, our office didn't make plays they needed to make. Like, if you hold a team.
Speaker 3: Like they did, if they go what they did, what I saw last year out there at Levi City.
Speaker 4: They went and gave that out there on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's enough to win.
Speaker 5: And we coming here saying that the office didn't do their job again, So that's fact. But yeah, like us, I got McCaffrey, I got to stop. I told you listen, we've been seeing the numbers that kitt have been putting up. It ain't it ain't been nothing crazy. I think our defense is better than some of the defenses that they've played. So I'm betting on us on that one. And if I ever get him lined up on the right hand side with a d law over there. I'm telling dlau line up in the sixth technique and this is man. Yes, I want to see him two yards back. Every time he lined up and he said he needs to block you, I want him to be like, man, here we go, here we go with the bustle up because because you got to make it like that's the type of bully mentality that you got to make.
Speaker 2: They've been hitting us with. That's what they've been hitting us with.
Speaker 3: I want to go back to when you were in Jacksonville and you guys went up there for that championship game, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys went up there.
Speaker 4: What was that week?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: What was the thought process and how do you go beat the bully?
Speaker 6: Oh, we got to make sure you handle Goronkowski. I mean that that to me, to us, that was the main mindset it was. And it was up to me and my safety partner, to Shawn Gibson, to go out there and shut this guy down, especially when you go into the Red Song, because we knew how big of a target was. We knew Deon Lewis wasn't gonna beat us, We knew Julian Edelman wasn't going to beat us. And whoever else they had on our side, because we had two bone of five corners. We talked about Ramsey, you talk about aj Boy Ye, we knew that we could take those away. Our defensive line was fierce, so we knew we can get after Tom Brady. The thing was we had to shut down Goronkowski and we were able to do that. I shmacked them, man, We took him out the game. But then Brady did his thing. I mean we held them boys to.
Speaker 2: Seven boys through three, four quarters and whatever eleven minutes we held them boys, and that we did enough to win the game, which, to your point, is what this Cowboys defense did last year. They did enough to hold the forty nine ers to whatever kind of points they had. Offense just didn't show up.
Speaker 6: The same thing happened to us our offense in the second half zero points zero.
Speaker 2: You scratched that womb off all again.
Speaker 3: It was you two are too young to remember this, but but the first game that it was Washington By coming off the Super Bowl against the Cowboys and Jimmy just went after him. They ended up dust with like from twenty three to seven. And Kelvin uh Williams had he had a good game there, but it was like that whole thing. He was like, man were coming after him right out of the gate, and the Cowboys set the tone for that season ended up going super But that was her thing right out there.
Speaker 4: And I feel like, this is that kind of game.
Speaker 3: You got to come out with everything you got here. Man, this is this is the statement that you need to make.
Speaker 2: This's your first competition.
Speaker 5: Let's let's let's look like, let's be completely honest about where who we played and how we play in each in each game, in each situation. All right, our first game is against Danny Domes. See the game last night. How many points they put up.
Speaker 2: Let's take it. Let's take us silence right here, they put up they put up three points. Let's approve they put up three points last night. They did all right? We played a Jet the next week, Zach, Well, okay, it is then.
Speaker 5: We go up to that, we go up to Arizona, we play Dobbs and they they get the dub Bonus dog and Dobbs Dobbs looked just like like he looked the previous year when he was out there in Tennessee.
Speaker 2: All right, game four, Mac Jones dog.
Speaker 5: Throw across your body multiple times, pick six until your coach look at you and say, what the heck is going on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Now our first real competition like CDA man first quarter of the season, this is when you're gonna figure it out. This is the dot on the first quarter right here? How do we look against a team who was undefeated, looking like they can't be beat? Defense, run game, offensive offensive line, mister relevant, playing like like top five quarterbacks.
Speaker 2: You got everything right and you got to go to their house. Right this is the time.
Speaker 4: Listen, let's get our first break in here.
Speaker 3: Jerry Jones spoke on his show today and he gave us an update on the particular player. We spend a lone time talking about him on the player. Sound do that next week.
Speaker 2: Here on the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys dot Comray Good.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the preshcouy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes flapped, he'll run for a first style.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prus Scot's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving? New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. The smoothie bowls start with US III and Pataya and are handcrafted with freshies like sliced bananas, sweetberries, Crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola, and his savory peanut butter of Drizzle. New smoothie bowls only a Smoothieky, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The Bold unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state, and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home, we away, we rallied together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days. Please brink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players.
Speaker 5: Loude Dallas Cowboy Game Time Power by Lenovo, the official gaming platform and community of the Dallas Cowboys. Sign up now to compete in Matten twenty four for a chance to win two tickets and a VIP experience to a twenty twenty three Dallas Cowboy home game. Qualifiers begin on October sixth and run through the thirteenth. Learn more and register at Dallas Cowboy game time dot com.
Speaker 3: Heck Ma Harrison, thank you very much. Players lounges brought to you by Tostitos, the players at Barry.
Speaker 4: Church and cray Amnuey scrugs.
Speaker 3: All right, Jerry Jones's the radio show today, He says, Tyren Smith is ify with a need issue for Sunday m left tackle. Tyron Smith missed the last game Cowboys one too many dog got that left tackle. Yeah, I'm the guy that said he just missed the last game makes the Pro Bowl and said, let'sten man, give me this week the weekly let's I'm just worried about last week and now I'm on this.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying you said, like he missed the last game, Like is that the only game that he missed this year?
Speaker 2: Knew? He just say the whole thing?
Speaker 4: Please go ahead?
Speaker 2: All right, he missed the previous week as well.
Speaker 5: All right, two in a row, and at some point, at some point, all right, you got to give the guy that's backing him up a chance to show what he can do. Right and last week what did we do? We saw it and all be it not perfect serviceable as heck, sometimes I'll be knowing what side you on. I thought you was against who eat dog? Come on you, come on, you've been.
Speaker 2: Last week? I said, lest seventies.
Speaker 5: I understand you know, bro, I don't had his back all last week. I need to get out there, and you give him opportunity to get out there and do I just don't want to see what happened with Tyron Smith and Terrance still happen again. Okay, I'm gonna continue to say this because I believe it. Tyron Smith went healthy, is an amazing left tackle went healthy. The issue is he's not often they ain't healthy. So I mean, what do you what do you do when we talk about progress stopping?
Speaker 2: All right? What do you do?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 2: You get you get a guy in there who looks like he can play.
Speaker 5: And then every once in a while, when you believe that Tyron may be able to play, he's getting some reps, right, But every time he gets some reps, it takes away from a guy who really needs them because he don't have the experience that Tyron has. And then when he gets out there and he plays sixty percent right, and you looking at him saying, oh, man, don't we don't know if we if we got the solution here at left tackle, well, you're not giving him a fair shot. So I'm glad he got a fair shot last week. I'm glad he puts something on tape. So now you really have to have a discussion eventually to say, if he continues this, what do you do? Yeah, well, eydoga did I mean he did a wonderful job. He filled in great at guard as well. But when you turn on the tape last week versus New England, we was worried about Matthew ju done. I don't think we really had a whole lot to say. Obviously, the Patriots put pressure on Dak Prescott. But I like what Tyler Smith and Ydoga did last week. I mean they had great communication, and I think coming into a week versus San Francisco, you worried his hell about that defensive line, and you know that they're gonna have to have that same amount of defense, that the same amount of communication when going up against those linebackers in the front that San Francisco has. So look, this is the first time even though we're not at full strength, and I know it's like God lead when we gonna ever get everybody to play. I feel good about Idoga, and I don't go into the San Francisco game with any more worries about seventy one.
Speaker 2: Now, I'm with both of y'all on this one. At some point in time, you got to realize, you know, seventy seven, you know, maybe he just needs to come into that swing roll, a swing tack type of position, because, like you said, the Mac right now, it's looking like a progress stopper.
Speaker 6: And when you're going against a D line as formidable, not even a D line of front seven as a formidable as San Francisco, you want your starting five offensive lineman to have to be playing as a unit to have jail.
Speaker 2: And for the order that to happen, you gotta play these guys all. We gotta let my man get the reps. I can see, if you.
Speaker 6: Know, if time was he was good, he just had a little little stinger, a little iccup or something. He's gonna be there all week practicing, and I don't know, maybe he'll come in and practice Wednesday and this will all be just throwing out the window.
Speaker 2: But if he's not able to do that, you gotta let Ydoga get in there. In jail as a unit. I get those reps in that they're gonna need when those guys are running those et stunts. And for those who don't understand, you, attack or end comes on the inside, the deep attackle goals in the outside and they switch. He's gotta be ready for that. That speed.
Speaker 6: Can't just shock him all of a sudden, because that's all that's gonna get Dak Prescott hurt over there. Okay, So to me, seventy seven Hall of Fame player, I understand his resume, but at some point in time, you gotta say, hey, man, let's let the young fellow get in there and do what he does. And if we need you in the situations we got that swing tackle, then get that swing type of operation going.
Speaker 2: But I can see it now, man, I can see it now. They're coming around starying to feel good, to feel good. I know this. I saw.
Speaker 5: I saw one stunt and I didn't watch it all twenty two yet, but I saw this on the on the TV copy. Okay, I think they ran a tackle tackle stunt and it was Tyler Smith. I think you end up giving it up where Okay, you see that on film?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: These two guys need to be out here practicing in that stunt all week because we know who else saw it on film as well. And I think that's what you lose when you don't have those guys out there getting those opportunities at practice. He needs to see that. Both of those guys need to see that fifteen twenty times this week because you know you're gonna see it again because it's.
Speaker 2: Not a normal et stund. It came from the whole other side.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: Its not like it's Zach Martin and he dog go over there. So when they're going in there, Zach Markan like, hey, watch just what you're talking about? The second year player and what is it two young cats?
Speaker 2: Man, if you think handing those boys are gonna try to stunt, try to get those guys you got your mind, So get the guys some reps. Man, let's go get him some reps.
Speaker 5: Please please what you're thinking? If you please, I like it's time, bro go ahead and say.
Speaker 2: What are you going through? Man? No? Are you throwing your hands up? Are you giving up?
Speaker 4: No, it's a long season.
Speaker 2: Let me ask this.
Speaker 5: Let me ask this though, you guys being in the locker rooms long enough and I'm not trying to start a room man either. Do you guys ever talk into the locker room and say, man, the youngster's over here playing, you know, the youngster giving us a better chance over here man when you come, do you I know locker room politics and just how you took the youngster saying that? For sure, it's some guys you know, like the friend because you know, guys are friends. They've been around each other for a long time. So it's some guys in there like, nah, bro, you know you would have got Hall of Fame guy whatever. But there's some young guys in there who you know, who are not friends with with the upper echelon of players at that time, and it whis was a starting jeez.
Speaker 4: I guess based on what you just asked them. Take me back to.
Speaker 3: The Steellell Collins kind of thing versus last year when you had tiring and they were ramping him up to bring him back kind of thing. How are the player? How are those two players viewed? Where you know, gets a tiring all decade guy with the Pro bowls versus Collins who had yet to make a Pro Bowl. And and that debate that we were all having in here. Of ay, Steal's done well with the opportunities had. So how do you view that.
Speaker 6: I think when you talk about that Loud Collins the Steel situation, I think everybody I don't know this for sure, but I think everybody in that locker room had to had to side with Steal on this situation because it wasn't like it was, you know, an injury or something like that. And I think he did get hurt, but he brought that self on it. He brought that on himself, that suspension and auder he brought.
Speaker 2: That on himself.
Speaker 6: It wasn't like he got wally pipped or anything. You trying to bribe the man. You brought that on yourself. So when that man comes and fills your spot and he's balling out, I mean the players are.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, man, you're right there. Yeah for four games.
Speaker 6: Well, it ain't like it was a you know, it was it was a quarter of the season, like that's that's a nice sample size, and that man was balling.
Speaker 2: So I had decided with Steve t Still on that one.
Speaker 5: What you think about well, I mean, I mean I think the situation was different too, because I think at that time we had Peters.
Speaker 2: We had Peter's out there.
Speaker 5: Tyler Smith was a rookie who was coming in playing left guard left tackle, so it was a more dire situation on the left than it was on the right. But then we had already I think we had felt a way about Terrence still because of his growth as a player at that time, right just just us being being people, we were like, we saw what happened to him when he first got in as a starter and he had a rough go at it, and then we heard, hey, man, he's been he's been doing great. He came in, did all the right things, put some muscle on, worked on this technique, and then you got to see him go out there and say, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, he's actually a much better player.
Speaker 5: So we were like faught in, like we appreciate guys who go out there and do everything they need to do and when they get their opportun showed it they'd gotten better.
Speaker 2: They did it.
Speaker 5: So I think for us it was it was a lot of that as well, because because Leo was still a good.
Speaker 6: And it's kind of reminds me of the situation when we was young. We was young, but Terrence Newman, you know, he was on his later years at the cornerback position. He was getting hurt a little bit. Some guys were taking advantage of him because he might have lost a step. And then you had who was it was a Mike Jenkins in there, scandrick who was doing this thing? And I forget who on the other side, what other corner was on the other side. But the rumbling started a little bit in that in that secondary room, like oh, man, like these young guys are doing their thing. Do they deserved to get a little bit more playing time? And I forget what happened at that situation. If if we just released Terrence Zuoman at the end, or if he ended up got he got.
Speaker 5: Hurt at the injury, Yeah that's long ago, the rib or something.
Speaker 2: But he ended up going to play off for a few but yeahs he lost the stiff hest abdominal. Yeah, a doominal thing there.
Speaker 3: And so so look at the the tough thing for the Cowboys is, given that same situation Baltimore's in with Ronnie Stanley, he got a guy who's good, but it never plays and you've just come.
Speaker 4: To expect it.
Speaker 3: And then add on to the fact you've used two draft picks Matt will let's go, and Josh Baul.
Speaker 4: Neither guy has been able to help you out.
Speaker 3: That's that's three spots where what you were hoping didn't happen. This is this is this is awful. Now they've been able to play through it. Dogas you brought talked about here because guys look good on tape. But this, this has got to be the last year you allowed this to happen. This truly figure out.
Speaker 2: You shake the money on this too.
Speaker 3: I said, this has to be the last year you cannot have three guys not available for you at the tackle position in the National Football League, because lord knows what happens if somethings a dog or steal. You're really up. You're really up a bad creek. So you know what a tiring fan I am. But they've allowed this to happen now for a number of years, and we keep seeing yourself.
Speaker 5: Welcome, bro, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Kick Arrived.
Speaker 5: If I go ahead and say I heard all that, come on, man, it happens every day.
Speaker 2: It happens all the time. Like said, every time, I mean that whispering in the locker room.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't know, but I can guarantee you. I can guarantee you. Some dudes like Man, I actually like Buddy. Yeah, he actually played good.
Speaker 2: Look when your best friend don't go to bat for you, I mean, it's a rap. It's a rap.
Speaker 3: The way Brett Favre and Troy buried him and Jimmy buried him on that Fox broadcast in Green Bay.
Speaker 2: It was cold.
Speaker 3: That was That was that was that was one of that that was it just didn't happen like they all did.
Speaker 2: Was it worse than Rodney? Yeah, man, it was worse than yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well yeah, because because you know Jerry listens, oh yeah, and this was them nationally said, because that was at the time of Haynes. You know, remember the old Adage started to lose his job and they kept saying, it's.
Speaker 4: Gonna be Romo job. It's gonna be Romo job.
Speaker 3: But that Green Bay, whether I don't know that that make him six or seven, and at that point time it was right around there.
Speaker 4: But you had Ape Man was doing the game with Buck and they brought far up in the boot. You can't take him. Look at this, it's all good.
Speaker 2: So that's that game.
Speaker 4: Then they had Jimmy, you know, Jimmy did the halftime show. Jimmy, can't you can't do it?
Speaker 2: Take him out?
Speaker 3: They at that point in time, I was like, man, they knew, they all knew what.
Speaker 2: They What were y'all saying.
Speaker 5: Are y'all saying we're gonna be better if Romo's in here when he gets back?
Speaker 6: Or y'all was like this is defensive side. We was like, man, look this man number one seven straight games. Man, don't take this man out. I mean, you had cats.
Speaker 2: On the officers side that was like coming, man, you know he can come back and he can he can, like, man, put this man back in. Crazy man?
Speaker 3: Was it was the green Bay game before Pittsburgh after before Pittsburgh it was That's what I thought. It was the green Bay game. Then it was going to Pittsburgh after that, and then that was that was.
Speaker 2: When it was.
Speaker 6: It was concrete right, No, right, Dad's had a connection and then Dad started chirping.
Speaker 2: For him, and then it was over wrafter that.
Speaker 3: It was around that Green Bay game is really when when it was like, yeah, man, no, but.
Speaker 5: If you're if you're tiring, if add another lead to it, what if you're tiring? I mean with all the with all the time. You don't put it in with all the good work. You know, finally you finally get a defense. You get a team that looked like they can push there and but you okay, so.
Speaker 4: So bounce on what you just shut there? It's Nick Bosa this week. You know it's.
Speaker 5: It's Nick Bosa's gonna be on on still most of the game.
Speaker 2: Right moving, I'm saying, come on over here, it's five. We cannot shot.
Speaker 4: Let's see what happens. Let's see what happens this week.
Speaker 3: Seventy one is not able to get it done this week, it would be a little bit different.
Speaker 2: All three of them.
Speaker 5: Go see Nick Bosas seventy seven, seventy one st Steve Wills will.
Speaker 4: Have something for them. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: By the way, Steve wilstdon't get didn't get that Carolina Jobbody see what Carolina is terrible?
Speaker 2: Who's that frank right out there?
Speaker 5: Old man, right, old quarterback whisper, Keep bouncing back, get a.
Speaker 2: Job, get one. All want to be starting in the minute. He made your time.
Speaker 5: He went out and had a heckling man on my fantasy team as well. I was so mad when Prices got back.
Speaker 2: Can you see over the line don't do don't Alabama quarterback? Yeah, Alabama quarterbacks are struggling to giving her a bad name too.
Speaker 5: Okay, come on, dog having a good year. Don't forget last year and give me for that. Take it takes three games for y'all to forget that. The niggas went out there almost seventy put up on them and we got that.
Speaker 2: People. You can't put that.
Speaker 5: On you talking about the pixie dust that ran out a couple of weeks ago, and they went out there and put fifty on the.
Speaker 2: Church. I do it, scrugs plays.
Speaker 4: That's brought to you by Toolstito's on Dallas anyways.
Speaker 10: Mean it's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 10: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com. Slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper the.
Speaker 4: Press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 2: He escaped flap.
Speaker 4: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna run this himself.
Speaker 2: Run it up the middle these stores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com. Slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days.
Speaker 2: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players Lounge, mark your calendar and get your letterhising in Stein's Ready.
Speaker 5: Frisco October Fest officially returns for their fourth annual celebration on Saturday, October seventh at the Star in Frisco, featuring Bavarian inspired activities, delicious food and drink, and plenty of great live entertainment.
Speaker 2: Visit the Star.
Speaker 5: District dot com slash events for more information. When you start singing, read the rainboway.
Speaker 2: Taking Tom would follow it.
Speaker 5: Beyond people, beyond Pe. You ain't gotta wait on nobody. I love thank you, heck Maharica Chef.
Speaker 4: Rock to Dallas dot Com Radio.
Speaker 5: I don't want to listen. I don't want to stay on this. I just want to make sure we revisit this every week that we watched Daniel Jones play okay, every.
Speaker 2: Week we were okay.
Speaker 3: Last night Monday Night Football News Seattle at the Giants d back. You had Seattle beating the Giants twenty four to sixteen. Heckman, you had at twenty four to thirteen. Church you had at twenty eight to seven. I had a twenty eight to fourteen. The final score was twenty four to three. Coast Daniel Jones was twenty seven of thirty four for two hundred three yards, passing two interceptions, no touchdowns, took ten sacks, and had a QBR.
Speaker 4: Laying two man and the head coach through the tablet.
Speaker 5: After he talking, he did, I've done that to my three year old. You know you know the motion, don't you You know the motion? That's the emotion that was oriental as hell.
Speaker 4: Somebody on the ship set what was the exact.
Speaker 6: Thing most improved, most, most, not most, and even said he would be the third best in the division.
Speaker 2: I thought, said that's because he most something.
Speaker 5: Man, I thought we let you off on that one, broking yourself.
Speaker 2: You ain't taking out.
Speaker 5: He didn't take himself because what he said was he said that the Giants was gonna be number two in the division.
Speaker 2: Said whoever didn't win worse?
Speaker 6: Said all about health. I said, they team healthy, they could do. They lost their two best offensive players, SA one and Thomas. And this was before the season, before we knew.
Speaker 2: I think they lost one of the game. Yeah, against the historic defense.
Speaker 5: That's the fourth best quarterback and he would be twenty twenty and they don't follow on.
Speaker 2: Your sword, just lay next to It's gonna be all right. Man, you was wrong.
Speaker 5: I said, no, no, no, no no, but this is gonna be his all season. He had the old damn all season.
Speaker 2: Bring up my mishaps. We don't talk about anybody else's mishaps. So who they? You know, who they picking to win this and win that? We don't want to say too much about that.
Speaker 5: That's okay, that's that's my job. Let's yeah, you was very adamant about this, Daniel, don't very trying to.
Speaker 2: Remember what you know? That's bad.
Speaker 5: He look talking already you said it.
Speaker 4: We were all the three of us were like, what prove this?
Speaker 5: He said, he's wrong, But but next week you're gonna hit a Daniel Jones. Daniel Jones is still in money, all right. They paid the wrong person whoever, whatever.
Speaker 2: They decision they was trying to make.
Speaker 5: I understand, we are in this running back situation where you don't know what to do with the running back position. But paying Daniel Jones was a bad decision. Now, now this coach has to deal with that. They're gonna have to do something phenomenal to get off this contract.
Speaker 2: I don't know who gonna pick you up.
Speaker 5: I don't know who's gonna somebody somebody else said, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I'm wondering though, is this one of those contracts it says four, but.
Speaker 2: Could be. I think that they may be willing to eat all that. I say this. I don't get how bad. I don't be throwing the iPad that. I don't get it. He's let the math come on, you know what? That that just shows you how wrong he was.
Speaker 4: And the man did do that.
Speaker 2: It was it was a bad playing, but it was disrespectful. Was running off the field and he was like I'm just trying to get the hell out of here. I'm just trying to lead.
Speaker 5: But on the flip side, I'm telling you bro out out the Gino and the Seattle Seahawks because they kept like bringing up all the draft picks and or people that they got from that trade with Russell Wilson, and all of them was balling.
Speaker 2: All of them was balling.
Speaker 5: And say, Gino got paid last year and you talk about a journeyman, talking about a journeyman.
Speaker 2: All over the place, they found him a home.
Speaker 5: And then you're like, Okay, well I don't know this the right deal. Or now that he had one good year and they winning football team.
Speaker 2: Drew Locke came in there, it look like it's coaching, Like you can't tell me that you just rather have Drew locked in. Then Zach Wilson is still out there doing this thing.
Speaker 5: Metcalf the defense out there balling wagon and went to LA and back.
Speaker 2: He's still playing. What is going on? Hey? That's all Hey. First of all, Khalil Mack got six. My bad. Khalil Mack got six in one game, and then they followed that up with a two man.
Speaker 4: Crazy So stay there, stay there. We know Philly, San Francisco four of them.
Speaker 3: But let's look at these three and one teams where the Cowboys fitting next. Got Detroit three and one leading their division, Tampa Bay's three and one leading their division, Seattle's three and one. How do we feel about those three and one team?
Speaker 6: I think Dallas is the best out of those three and one teams, but Tampa's done a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, Tampa's surprised me this year.
Speaker 6: You know, shaking Baky's got out there, He's rolling who the other three and one teams?
Speaker 2: Seattle, g Smith looking good. So yeah, it's gonna be it's gonna be a tight race.
Speaker 4: Gonna Cowboys play two of those three.
Speaker 5: Yeah, see Troit, Yeah that's the one because Detroit they just got flexed on Sunday. I think because all of a sudden, people want to watch the Detroit lines play, you know, in competitive games.
Speaker 2: I think us in Detroit right now, I'm like, I'm not even.
Speaker 5: I don't feel comfortable picking either one of us over each other, because I think it's pretty even with Detroit is a very good team. This year, they went on the road and they beat Kansas City like that. That is a huge statement win. We don't have one of those yet. Our opportunity comes this week to go up to San Francisco and do that. So that Detroit one is, you know, but they are all good teams and surprising because you got Baker Mayfield a quarterback there, and then you also have Gino Smith who got paid. But people were still like, we're not sure about that one, and look at and look at the coaching and the process that they got. I just wonder if you guys notice how much bad football is being played.
Speaker 2: A lot of bad tackling.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of bad It's a lot of bad football, a lot of bad tackling. But I'm just saying some bad football being played up the three on one teams. Man, I don't know who Tampa is. I don't I don't know. I think they're in a bad division. And look they're squeaking out some victories I think Seattle and it not even being recentcy biased. They look like a complete complete team. He's just the way that they compete on offense and defense. They look like they got ballhawks over there on the defense. And granted ten sacks, anybody gonna look good, you know what I mean. But I'm just saying that defense, that defense look good. But now we're right now we write where we need to be a victory versus.
Speaker 2: The forty nine. That forty nine Ers defense.
Speaker 5: It's gonna give us hell and we're gonna find out how tough we are upfront. You've been talking about this offensive line since it was hot. It's still hot, but you've been talking about this offensive line and how we're gonna compete. You want to know what does Tony Pollard have? Man, maybe this maybe the wrong weekend to have be down to your third running back because we saw how how good that that combo was working. Nobody's even talking about Tony Poller going back to Levi's stadium after breaking his leg.
Speaker 2: What is that? Mentally?
Speaker 5: You got scars all over you, you know, for breaking stuff. So what does that do to a player having to go back, especially with everything that's on the table.
Speaker 2: Man, this is a big one. Can't be under stated. Man, it's a big game.
Speaker 3: Well those are your three and one teams. Clearly Detroit doing a heck of good good job. Other cowboy Dan Dan Tamble shout out to shout out to Todd Bowles, who's probably the coach most people thought was.
Speaker 2: Going to get fired.
Speaker 3: Yes, facts, So Todd Bowles teams in first place, and he's clearly made the adjustment without Tom Brady, something that's been a little challenge for old Bill.
Speaker 2: So man's trash is another man's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, let's get into the power rankings because they'll they'll be completed there since the Monday Night game is there, and we get ready for Thursday the Commanders and Bears.
Speaker 5: Thursday Night Football Commanders and Bears. Get hey, Chrispian, you gotta get the toilet bowl flush thing sound for that man like the Avanda.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to Sorry h Barry Church, Dan Squed, Thanks to Chris be Jazz Well, Josh, everybody representative so he can pay his dues.
Speaker 2: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 7: Y