Speaker 1: Hey everybody, It's Tuesday, November fifth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show where we still have faith in our starting quarterbacks. It's me and your man, m J. Marcus Grant, joined by Michael f Florio and Lakwan Jones. We were talking rookie quarterbacks before the show started, and the fact that you know, you got the guys who've been really good. Jayden Daniels has been great, bo Nicks has been developing. You know, Drake May has shown some flashes. So I will say, I mean we here we are, you know through week nine into week ten. I mean, Floria, what grade would you give, say Caleb Williams at this point.
Speaker 2: I would give him a CEE, maybe even a little bit lower, because he's had just really two big games this year. They came against weak competition. He has faltered the last two weeks against week competition. And this is a guy that we were saying was going to maybe the best circumstance, not just of these rookie quarterbacks, but a number one pick has ever gone to. So I know, I look, we could blame the coaching and I think they Shane Waldron deserves a lot of we were saying earlier, like the coaching decisions made no sense coming into the season, but like he's still offensively in a better situation than a lot of these other rookies. I'm still not giving up on Caleb or anything like that, but I was hoping to see more non games in How are you feeling about.
Speaker 1: Him so far?
Speaker 3: Lak One, I wish you washy. I mean, when you have other rookies that are looking better fitting the part in their offense a lot more, it becomes difficult to look at Caleb and try to give him a positive grade. And all the faults are basically on the road, like they're a terrible road team. He doesn't play well on the road. That O line is still bad, and it's like you're still trying to find that chemistry within your wide receiver groups. You know, Roma Doon, Say, DJ Moore and Keelan Allen, they're all, you know, the trifecta why receivers that we thought were the best in the game, and they're not really elevating this offense to where it needs to be right now. And honestly, you know, fantasy wise, Caleeb, you know there's some weeks you could put him in when they're home and there he got the matchup. But on the road, I already know he's slapping that bench hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I you know, I I know. I came into the season sort of being trying to be cautious about it and not fall into the hype. And I admit that I fell into the hype. You know, late in the season, I was like, let's go full send on Caleb where I just you know, I had a I don't know, I originally had this fear of, Okay, maybe it's a little bit too much hype. Maybe this team's not quite ready there. And I think that's sort of what we've seen. He's at moments when he's looked good, he's at moments when he has struggled. The offensive line hasn't necessarily been great. I think the coaching you know, at some point they're probably gonna make a change at the coaching staff. So you know, maybe it is what I thought it was going to be, and that maybe I should teach myself to not necessarily, you know, be a hype bunny. At some point during the preseason, I say that now I know there's gonna be some player, you know, when I get to August, I'd be like, that's true. Like I'm totally gonna buy into it. I know it's gonna happen, because it happens. It happens every Probably, That's okay, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some big questions though, for week ten and beyond, and one that has become a bigger question than originally anticipated. A report that came out on Monday from Ian Rappaport and Tom Pella Sero Dak Prescott, who left Sunday's game against the Falcons a hamstring injury. There are now reports that it is worse than initially feared and that he could miss multiple weeks, which means Cooper Rush is expected to be the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. So once upon a time, you know, I was wondering whether or not Dak Prescott is dropable. I mean, maybe he is at this point, we'll see, But I mean, Florida, I think the bigger question now is with Cooper Rush at quarterback, are we out on the Cowboys offense? I mean, do we still believe in ceedee lamb? What what else do we have there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look, it's it's a lot like with Tyreek Hill when Tua went down earlier this season, Like, maybe we get to a point where we start saying like, yeah, you can't trust Ceedee Lamb, But until we get to that point, I'm going to trust him. He was my first pick if I have him, and all of that. We know how good he has been. And let's not forget we made a big joke of it, but a couple of years ago, Cooper Rush played well enough where some Cowboys fans were saying that he should keep the job. That was all a joke that at least, yeah, but he was at least able to keep the offense afloat and put up numbers. So I'm going to give Cedee Lamb a chance. Outside of Lamb, I think Ferguson becomes much more fringy, but he is still in play, potentially at tight end Rico maybe because volume wins the day. But yeah, I'm not really too excited for any any Cowboy right now compared to where we were at the start of the season.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't even know where to go beyond this. Lakwan. I mean, it's all bad. It just feels like in Dallas because dak was barely startable at this point anyway, right, Like, I don't know how the offense gets any better with him not there.
Speaker 3: He only had one real big game this season. And again, if he's not there and you got CD also banged up, who will be playing with Cooper Rush? And it's like this offense just looks terrible. It does not look anything interesting to put in my starting lineups. Like, I can't trust him. We're in the phase now in the fantasy season where every single win matters, every single the starting decision matters at every single position, where you got to stack these wins if you're fighting to get into the playoffs, Like you're trying to sit comfortable right now. So you have a winning team right now, how quickly can you go on a three game losing streak right now? You're barely making the playoffs. So it's one of those situations where you can't trust any of them.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're talking about the one good game that Dak had for fantasy even that though, was they were in chase mode. That was against Baltimore where they're get get blown out and he was having to throw the football just to try to get them back in the game. So like even that has comes with, you know, a big ask. There's a big caveat next to it because of how the game script went in that one. So uh yeah, it feels all bad in Dallas. What was already a down and frustrating season now feels like the wheels have fallen off for the Cowboys for at least, you know, the next few weeks. At that point, their season might effectively be over. Who knows, LaQuan. I take no pleasure in asking this question to you. Is the Jets offense back after what we saw on Thursday Night football? No?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not buying it.
Speaker 3: No, Like, no, we gotta we gotta understand what we got here, and you know, glad they got there, went on the short week, and we shall see how this finishes out. There's no way in you know, any shape or form that I think this is going to be a consistent thing that the Jets are back on offense. I mean, this is Aaron Rodgers. We're still playing with it right now. It's like he's going to have the up and down, the big blow up games. And look, the Texans are beat up. They're beat up, man, So I'm not really taking that win anything.
Speaker 1: Iould say, boys, it's still just Wilson and Adams, Is that I mean? I guess Breeze Hall, yeah, you're.
Speaker 2: Those are the only three. But I think Aaron Rodgers potentially, Like I I am tempted to pick the Jets to go on a big run here because you look at what their schedule is, like they get the Cardinals, the Colts, the Seahawks, the Dolphins, the Jags, the Rams, then the Bills and the Dolphins. Like, I don't think they're gonna win out, which is probably what they have to do to get in, but I do think they are going to make it interesting these next like this next month, like this is what the Jets are going to do, Like they they came out and they just you know, what they did in the bed and to start the year and haven't lived up to any expectations or anything like this, Just when everyone counts them out, Rogers and Adams and them are gonna be like this, this is when we do our thing, and they're gonna go on a run. I think it'll come up short, but I wouldn't be surprised if they win like three or four in a row coming up based on what the schedule.
Speaker 1: Is I mean this was those you know, those years in Green Bay where he'd have some little you know, clever quip R E L A X or whatever, and then the Packers would turn it up and they would win like eight in a row and be the hottest team going into the playoffs. Yeah, I don't know if they have that level in them. And also being at three and six, they've really put themselves in a tough situation because the division feels like an impossibility and maybe not impossibility but a strong improbability to come back and win the division. But then you also have to deal with all the other teams ahead of you in the wild card race too, and that is what's gonna make it tough. But at least for fantasy, it seems like maybe Rogers and Adams and Wilson have found something. Don't really love the fact that, you know, Preest Hall is kind of sharing more touches than I would have thought. Don't love that. But you know, I don't know, Maybe they'll figure some things out. Who knows, Floria, what even is the point of Marvin Harrison Junior.
Speaker 2: I will give you a peak behind curtain right now. I have him as a sit this upcoming week because he's going to be playing the Jets. He plays out wide, so he's gonna be seeing a lot of Sauce Gardner and DJ Reed.
Speaker 1: But you look at his game logs.
Speaker 2: He had the two games in week two and three where he had eight and eleven targets, and you're like, Okay, this is what we want for him. Since then, seven or fewer but mostly like six fives. And you look at his game logs, two really big games yardage wise. Every other game, like since Week four, he has one game with over fifty yards, Like he has one touchdown in that span as well. Like, it's just not happening right now. And I think a lot of it is on Kyler Murray. Like yesterday, I mean, Lakwan, I know you were locked into that game. I'm sorry it was Rank who would be locked into that game. He missed Trey McBride wide open in the end zone. And I am a big Kyler Stan, but I think the Cardinals as a whole are leaving a lot of production out there. I'm not giving up long term on Marvin Harrison Junior, but he is far from a player that you need to start each week. And like next week against the Jets. I think it's okay to sit, but.
Speaker 3: You know what the problem is, Greg George is not getting the looks. And I'm gonna stamp that because the offense looked completely better in Week one when the offense was flowing through Greg George. Now Here we are forcing the ball to Marvin Harrison because going into this week him and Marvin Harrison had the same amount of receptions.
Speaker 1: That is a problem. That is a huge problem. Get him in ball.
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: I just know, well, the passing game has not been what we thought it was going to be. I mean, for a lot of people, Kyler was gonna be that guy in fantasy right that we were all gonna ride with and he was gonna take us to championships, and he's really just been meh. It's good that he's running more, but in terms of passing, the offense has not really looked all that great. And all of our excitement and hopes for Marvin Harrison have sort of been underwhelming. I guess he's he's become the wide receiver equivalent of what of Caleb Williams. Right, Like all the hype, all the excitement and the production just has not matched to this point in the season. So maybe a little bit of a smoke screen after the hype train, which I did that because I wrote the rundown so I could tell you where the show was going next. Hype Trainer, smoke screen, stick around. Coming back for more of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast after this. Back here on the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. I got three names here of guys who played well this past week, and you guys can tell us whether to hype train or smoke screen. Florida Chase Brown, who looks like he is the RB one there for the foreseeable future with Zach Moss out indefinitely. I know it was the Raiders on Sunday, but still hype Trainer smoke screen for Chase Brown. Smoke No, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, hype train.
Speaker 1: I was worrying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I almost derailed the train right there, but I'm on board the train. And my bold coming into week nine was that he was going to finish top ten at the position and run for over one hundred yards and score a touchdown. He did all of that. He was top five at the position, and you look back since week four on double digit carries in every game. He consistently is used in the passing game. He was already seeing more goal on work and now with no Zach Moss, he is going to see more.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: Next week, short week, tough matchup against the Ravens. Again, another peek behind the curtain. I'm telling you to start him this week. Like, I don't see any way you could get away from Chase Brown right now. And I know I said that the Jets are going to go on a run. I am one hundred percent confident the Bengals are going to go on a run. They're gonna make the playoffs, and Chase Brown is going to be a big point why.
Speaker 1: I mean, Joe Burrow's all business, throws five touchdown passes, and he was like, what's to be excited about? He's like, we still got work to do. So Burrow has got them one hundred percent focused for sure. Right now. Courtland Sutton, who we've been talking about how the Broncos pass catchers aren't really thrive despite bo Nicks being a good fantasy quarterback. But Cortlon Sutton had a day so hype trainer, smoke screen.
Speaker 3: Look Courtland Sutton, I think we understand that he's going to be that alpha of that offense, and as long as bow Knicks keeps targeting him, I'm going to aboard this hype train. Man, They're having fun out there playing ball. You have Courtland Sutton throwing touchdowns to bow Knicks, like where are they pulling this out.
Speaker 1: Of the bag?
Speaker 2: Like where was this at?
Speaker 3: So it's just more so that I think, you know, Courtland Sutton can be trusted as a wide receiver three flex, you know, week to week.
Speaker 1: I just think more.
Speaker 3: So enjoy the ride, man. I mean, Courtland Sutton looks happy to be playing with bow Knicks, And who knows how this fantasy playoff shapes out with Courtland Sutton and starting lineups.
Speaker 1: I hope, so, I hope. I feel like he's the one guy that we could sort of believe in there in that offense. So hopefully he's uns to pick some things up. I'll throw those out to both of you because I feel like I know what the answer is going to be. Quinton Johnson had another touchdown. Hype trainer, smoke screen, smoke screen, you're on an island. You believe it? Really?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have never stopped believing in Quinton Johnson since he's come out of college. Wow, I know everyone else is against him. And I yes, that big play yesterday was on broken coverage, but I also cook the DV off the line and five targets. He was second in routes and in targets on the Chargers yesterday. And I know we could look back and be like, oh, well, not the biggest games.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: His two down games this year. One came against Denver where he got hurt in the first half, and the other one came against the Chiefs where no one does anything big against the Chiefs all year. So yeah, broken plays, I get it, But he's getting volume there. He is a physical freak. I'm not saying he's gonna be a league winner or anything like that. He is just someone that I like at the back of my rosters because I still do believe there's upside there for him to be the wide receiver two behind Lad McConkie for Justin Herbert.
Speaker 1: That part I do believe in. I think I think he's gonna end up. You know, I can't believe they're gonna think Joshua Palmer is their wide re for two behind lad McConkey. So in that respect, yeah, I'll get on that hype train. I just I need to lever. I need to I need to I need to see I need to see something other than the abusted coverages from him. But you know, I think the I think this offensive scheme and this offensive coaching staff will try to work him in for sure. All Right, so we may or may not be having Quentin Johnston on waiver wire. Uh looks in the near future, but some deep dive waiver wires the kwando, who are we diving deep for? This week?
Speaker 3: We're back on DeMarcus Robinson and I know I've said multiple times to drop him, pick him up, drop him, snip snap, snip snap. We're back and forth forward here again for red zone Robinson. I mean, looks going back to last season, this dude has led the rams and end zone targets. This is huge because, honestly, I get why, because all your attentions on Pooka, all your attentions on Cooper Cup and he just slides in as a guy like hey, I'm open, I'm here, I'm gonna scored a touchdown an amazing game last week. Man, I just feel great to pick him up and honestly hold him for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's holding on for the rest of so we're not gonna have any more like drop the Marcus Robinson.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's it's to bed. He's he put the egg on my face, Like shut up, lakwan. I'm gonna score this touchdown, win the game, and put your anxiety at ease.
Speaker 1: I respect it. All right, there we go, h Florida. Who's your deep dive this week? Noah Brown? Who.
Speaker 2: I don't know if enough people have taken notice to what Noah Brown has been doing as of late, but yesterday he led the Commanders in targets, catches, and receiving yards. He was second in snaps and routes at the wide receiver position, behind only Terry McLaurin, and now in three of his last four games he has at least six targets. And let's remember back to last year what Noah Brown was when either of Tank Dell or Nico Collins missed time for the Texans. He was a high upside type of player, had a lot of big performances, and now he is tied to a great quarterback in a good offense that is searching for a consistent number two target behind Terry McLaurin, and I think Noah Brown can be that. And I think outside of Terry, he is their best downfield weapon. So if he could start turning some of these targets into deeper plays, I see a real reason to get excited here. So you guys know, I love Jayden Daniels and I'm going to be taking some shots, especially in deeper leagues where anyone with the pulse. A lot of my leagues it's like I look at the waiver wire and I'm like, I don't really want to add anyone. Noah Brown is the ideal ad in a league like that because he gets overlooked, but he's tied to a good offense and.
Speaker 1: He's been productive. That is true passing offense, and a guy get a whole lot of opportunities for sure. Jered I be I become kind of a fan of Jalen Coker over the last couple of weeks, and I know Xavier league get is sort of the next man up with Deontay Johnson gone. But if you just watch Coker and how they use him, the fact that he's going out there and they use him underneath, they use him over the top. He's out on some really big catches. Now, look, their volume isn't necessarily going to be great, and I'm not telling you that this is a guy you're gonna plug into your lineup every single week. But we talked on Monday about how Bryce Young looks more comfortable and the offense is getting better there in Carolina, and I think Jalen Coker can sort of be a recipient of that. So this is definitely more of a deep league sort of option for you. I think there are some potentially big games coming. The Panthers are always going to be in chase mode. They're going to have to throw the football a lot just because their defense is going to give up points. And so you know, look, I get Legett is going to be the guy that is going to be more popular off the waiver wiring Carolina. But don't overlook Jalen Coker with what he's doing in the way. Bryce Young is hopefully showing some improvement. So if we are adding folks, we're also dropping folks. Who are we waving goodbye to oq.
Speaker 3: Oh, we are saying goodbye to Braylan Allen Man. I mean since Robert Sala has been fired, he's played less than twenty five percent in the snaps. It's really Breecee Hall's backfield. It's honestly, you're holding on to a zombie at this point where I'm finding other options on the wire that I need to make room for. So if you need to make room, you can probably make room for Braylen Allen to hit the bench or hit the waiver wire. I should say based on just there's no real activity coming from him to feel confident enough to put him in the starting lineups. I know a couple of pieceful people personally that are in leagues with me, and like they keep putting him into flex as if there's gonna be some type of upside when he's not touching the ball much. His touches have just decreased each week has gone on. It's Breeze Hall's show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I mean it's weirdo. Sometimes it feels like they use Allen at the goal line and other situations. Not enough that I want to start him, but enough that he you know, if I have Breeze Hall, I'm irritated. So I don't know. Mary, Yeah, Florida, who are you dropping?
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm dropping deer Nis Johnson, who I have a lot of teams that are in desperate for running back production, like our Fantasy Live League, and I've streamed deer Is Johnson a couple of weeks in a row because it was like, all right, the floor isn't like the floor ceiling aren't super high either way, but he's gonna catch some pass. Maybe he'll get used near the goal line or something like that. Then with Travis Etn back yesterday, Bigsby led them and carries. Etn led them in routes and snaps Deanna Johnson's only target. Yes, it was the biggest target of the game. I don't know why they drew up that play for him, but that was his only target of the game. So yeah, there's just not enough production there. In fact, I would say I don't feel good about any of the Jaguars running backs moving forward, especially with their schedules. So yeah, I am cleaning house if I can of this backfield altogether.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's looking rough there for sure. I guess we'll continue with the running back theme. I'm gonna go with Ezekiel Elliott, who apparently just doesn't want to be there anymore. It seems like in Dallas, right, I mean, he's apparently been habitually showing up late, he's missing meetings. The Cowboys just told him to stay home and not travel with the team. It feels like the beginning of the end. And I know a lot of people are like, well, who has the z kla? Looking at across platforms, he's still rostered in about forty percent of fantasy league, So people out there are still either it's folks who I don't know, are are not paying attention, it's folks who are maybe super optimistic, or it's just people who were really you know, reminiscent for like, you know, twenty nineteen. I'm not sure what it is, but at this point in twenty twenty four, there's no reason for Ezekiel Elliott to be on fantasy rosters. At this point, I don't know how much longer he's going to be on the actual Dallas Cowboys roster. He definitely doesn't need to be on your fantasy roster at this point. So there you go. All right, that'll do it for this edition of this of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. They Happy, Saving Healthy, Do Good, and live well, Go out and vote if you haven't already. Everybody, and we will talk to you again tomorrow. Wo