Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 1: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by Wingstuck where flavor gets its wings.
Speaker 3: Now your hosts.
Speaker 1: Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Tuesday, New Year's Eve, you're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where it is fifty five degrees, the highest fifty seven, the low is forty two.
Speaker 5: This is Shannon, that's Nate. Three pumps is back with us. Baby Christians in the back keepers live and local, they go to kids walking by. I together we make hanging with the boys, the sports quilal and the brow people.
Speaker 3: When we speak.
Speaker 6: Yes to each and every day by wing stop where flavor gets its wee? How are we doing today?
Speaker 4: No mentals and dinals this week because we'll all be off tomorrow.
Speaker 7: What's up, little fellow? We want us to go through it one more time?
Speaker 6: How you doing? Logan?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: How was lunch? Wait? What did you eat?
Speaker 8: I E A piece of pizza, A piece of pizza.
Speaker 6: I think you ate more than a piece of pizza.
Speaker 4: I was there witness there was more than one piece of pizza being eaten.
Speaker 3: I know my life had.
Speaker 6: Pizza. Yeah, you ate a whole pizza.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like a ninja turtle.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well Nick's son, Jacob is a ninja turtle. A pizza and a half.
Speaker 6: Yes, so I.
Speaker 9: Assume these aren't regular sized pizza.
Speaker 4: They're ten inch pizzas. Are over Connie Rossa out here, so good work. Yeah, and you know what, I was very impressed, Chris. They all ordered water to drink.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 6: We don't like anything else but water. Really very health crazy, Chris. We like no, no, they me.
Speaker 7: It is New Year. It is New Year.
Speaker 6: A couple of pops in the back hour back here.
Speaker 7: Nate, how you doing.
Speaker 6: You're very very quiet, not taking the backpack off today.
Speaker 10: I like you.
Speaker 11: I was just I was wondering with your back But I see you not so.
Speaker 6: Look like he looks like he's it looks like he's got the winds.
Speaker 7: On the side. Yeah, you got nothing, yes.
Speaker 6: There the culture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought he was undershirt on.
Speaker 6: Is that an old man thing or a community thing? That's a community have sleeves on it? Yes, so you have sleeves. He has no sleeves. No, I got you know, I thought that was a tank top. Okay, all right, well I got one.
Speaker 3: I got tank top to now what you got?
Speaker 12: Never?
Speaker 3: I never put on the I. So here's the thing I will.
Speaker 13: I will always, always, always always if I have a shirt on, I'm going to have an a shirt underneath it.
Speaker 3: I can't call it what we call.
Speaker 6: It, right, sleeveless tank top.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm always gonna have even.
Speaker 6: Even on game days.
Speaker 9: Under the uniform. Did you wear it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Really I have a comment for that, but let's yeah, let's see it in the.
Speaker 5: Break Always I always have really, yeah, I always that.
Speaker 11: And I think it connects to being left on the porch. You don't say's just something to cover him security.
Speaker 4: Like a security blanket like they got those thunder jackets.
Speaker 7: Blanket, dirty blank but dirty. No.
Speaker 3: No, but I always have an a shirt always.
Speaker 6: He by the way, Chris Nates through you, he took his headphones off.
Speaker 8: He put those suckers on for a millisecond.
Speaker 14: They basically breezed by his ear and put them down.
Speaker 6: That red is a good color.
Speaker 4: On you.
Speaker 6: By the way, you got red shoes. Yeah wow, look at you.
Speaker 3: Man, you dressed yourself today. No, yeah, you know, fellas.
Speaker 7: I love y'all. That's all I can say to that.
Speaker 3: Your boy coming to town end of the month.
Speaker 1: Man, who is that?
Speaker 7: He already here?
Speaker 3: Whole game over.
Speaker 5: He just went from San Antonio to the Hey outside, kids.
Speaker 6: Have a tour going by.
Speaker 4: It's about to jump ship work somewhere.
Speaker 6: Tell us about your trip.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 6: How many eats? Some jackstack or some Q thirty nine.
Speaker 9: Didn't any barbecue, didn't have the chance, Actually I did. I take that back. I met some friends have some of the biggest spots.
Speaker 7: Okay, I went up to.
Speaker 9: Kansas City see family and friends.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you this.
Speaker 5: Louisiana, yes, Florida, Yes, Kansas City, Jersey. When you guys go back home, is there like one specific food that you must have when you touch down in your specific state city or state that you live in.
Speaker 4: Believe it or not, there's a pizza place called Johnny's Pizza that I have to eat at every time I go because there's no other pizza I've ever had like it.
Speaker 6: But usually it's some kind.
Speaker 4: Of seafood, crawfish. There's a couple of like Cajun seafood places that I have to go. Nothing specific, crawfish if it's in season, because it's not twelve dollars a pound like it is here, which is stupid.
Speaker 6: So pizza, the pizza, and usually crawfish.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 3: Man, it's always the big guy that like, nah, I know what's.
Speaker 7: You got it?
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Nothing, So there's nothing in there's nothing in.
Speaker 7: Florida, Catherine.
Speaker 11: If we go to place the town called lot It where my mother was born, uh, if she was cooked something colic greens or something like that, I'm.
Speaker 7: Gonna try her stuff always. But if she ain't cooked nothing, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm going to Knissey always trying to get some barbecue. I didn't go to one of those top places like jack Stack when I got there, and there is actually a pizza place there that I always try to hit up because it's you know, growing up that was about.
Speaker 3: To be But is it the sauce of what brings you to this place.
Speaker 9: Maybe it's a combination of memories of hanging out there eating it all the time. But yeah, I was trying to hit it.
Speaker 3: You hung out its.
Speaker 5: Whitings fish Whiting fish, Whitings fish down, which I always try to get.
Speaker 3: I have never heard just that.
Speaker 9: I mean different restaurants have that, or you make it.
Speaker 3: Or what if I can so well, actually there's you don't make a fish, there's a there's a there's a cook it out. There's a soul food.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: There's a soul food restaurant in Linden, New Jersey, which is right across like literally a four lane highway that separates Rosel and Linden that I try to get to when I'm.
Speaker 6: Home Whitings Fit. Next time I'm up there for work.
Speaker 4: I go up there about once a month on these day trips.
Speaker 6: Makes stop make the uber.
Speaker 5: If I'm there, if I'm there in the summertime, which is not often i'm there, I'm usually there at one time, but if I'm there in the summertime, I try to go to this, uh this other fish spot and uh in Linden called Lindy's. Lindy's and Lindy they are where.
Speaker 3: They get there.
Speaker 5: You go there and get the crabs. You can get twelve twenty four bushel not those stop bro.
Speaker 7: Someway.
Speaker 11: You stated that then you get you can go there, go there, yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Because you don't when you if you look at the place, Lindys, you're not eating inside there like you get it.
Speaker 3: It's always to yo, it's always get your crabs to go. You gotta get your crabs in the run.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But they steam, they'll steam them like they're live there. You pick them out. They steam them right there, put them in the put them in the back that season and on them. You're going about your business.
Speaker 7: Brother.
Speaker 6: They put them in the big plastic bag with all the season.
Speaker 5: Now they put it. They put them in a paper bag. Really Yeah, they steam them, season them. They dump them in a big old paper bag and they just roll it up. Give it to you if you get the bushel. They put it like in a in a box. Yeah, they season it up.
Speaker 9: You haven't had any. It looks like there's some places around town that have.
Speaker 3: It's not the same, you know what I'm saying, Like it's not the same.
Speaker 5: I tried, like this is like JJ's fish something I tried. It wasn't just didn't have the right you know. Sometimes sometimes the soil from the place, the the whatever it is about the Jersey air and oil it's.
Speaker 3: Just I don't know, it just doesn't taste the same.
Speaker 6: Somebody I was reading something.
Speaker 4: I like, I'm a big pizza guy, and I was reading something about pizza how you can go to different parts of the country and it just tastes different.
Speaker 6: And they were explaining, like the dough, the dough is what really.
Speaker 4: Makes the pizza, the dough and the sauce, right, But different parts of the country have different types of water, different chemicals in the water, and different you know, some have fluorides, some don't, some have you know, water purification systems are different. And the reason why pizza a lot of times will taste like New York pizza tastes like New York pizza, right because the way the water is and the way that you make the dough, it brings the taste of certain chemicals out and that's why it's I was.
Speaker 6: Like, oh, that makes a lot of sense, but it's it's fun.
Speaker 4: How like you could probably take someone not from your hometown and take a Whitings fish sandwich from Jersey and one from Dallas, and they'd be like, yeah, it tastes same. But there's just something mentally, when you go home, you have to have certain things like this is the best ever.
Speaker 6: You're like, I mean, it's good, It's not that great. I know it's the best ever.
Speaker 4: Like, So I have a question for y'all about football, not necessarily about the Cowboys. We'll talk about that later, maybe today, maybe Thursday and Friday, since.
Speaker 6: Kurt, by the way, you weren't here yesterday. Friday will be our last daily show together.
Speaker 9: Yes, I did. I listen to some of it, So yeah, I did.
Speaker 6: Okay, So we go to weekly weeks next.
Speaker 9: Week and I think Derek just posted that a little bit and.
Speaker 6: Go, okay, So a question for you guys.
Speaker 4: The whole this thing intrigues me, the whole Saquon Barkley chasing the record thing, right, Like, that's that's a big deal, not only for him, that's a big deal for the organization, the Eagles that he plays for. Because if you think about, you know, all the icon records, you think about the player that cements your place in the history books in that uniform of that team you're playing for. Right, So like if you break a record with that team, that.
Speaker 6: That's a big deal with the organization too.
Speaker 4: Right, It's also a big deal to be healthy for the playoffs and win a Super Bowl, which you would probably trade any record there is to win a championship, right.
Speaker 6: How would you guys handle it?
Speaker 4: One as a player and former players, you want that record, right, you want to play, but how would you handle it as a coach, and then as an organization knowing that.
Speaker 6: You know you're that close.
Speaker 4: There's no guarantee though even if he played the whole game, that he's going to get it now, right, he probably would, But how would you guys as players? Give me your point of view as a player and then as a coach and then a GM wanting you know, to play the long game.
Speaker 6: And obviously try to win the win the championship.
Speaker 5: In the end, only one of us in here has the opportunity to say I blocked for the all time nflor.
Speaker 3: How about putting out in your resume?
Speaker 4: Right, you don't say like exactly your teammates want it, like everybody wants it.
Speaker 3: Right, So let's let's let's let's find how.
Speaker 4: Would you how would as a player you want that to happen, obviously, but as a a GM.
Speaker 11: In my mind, he already got it as offensive lamb and he already got it because if we if we go in the game.
Speaker 7: The only way I'll be satisfied. Don't dress him.
Speaker 11: Don't even let him come to the game, because if you show up at the game, that means time to go get that record.
Speaker 7: That's just how I feel about So you think if he dresses, it's time to go get the rup.
Speaker 6: You gotta let him play until he gets it right, that's right? Would you let him play as a GM?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's important?
Speaker 7: That important? Right? Yeah?
Speaker 11: To me, it's important, you know, And ain't too many things in life that's uh that you can say you are it, and this is a chance to say I'm it. Actrac no asterisk, he is, he will be it. You slopped around in New York all these years.
Speaker 7: White, He's fish.
Speaker 11: That's the best thing you get was white.
Speaker 6: What about what about you, Kurt? Before we get to Jesse, what would you do as a as a GM?
Speaker 9: I'm sure let him try to get it for sure.
Speaker 7: Health?
Speaker 3: Health, yeah, I mean scares out.
Speaker 4: I mean he's he's injury prone, he has been in his career.
Speaker 6: This is one more chance.
Speaker 4: And like Jesse said yesterday, football players play football and you might get hurt, but you would go after it, I think so.
Speaker 9: I mean it's a fine line, but you know, I'm not sure I'm going to have him out there in the fourth quarter if they're up by twenty or whatever.
Speaker 4: But what if what if you're up by twenty and it's the fourth quarter and he's fifteen.
Speaker 9: Yards from you probably give it to him.
Speaker 6: What about you, Jess?
Speaker 5: This is this means something to everybody, like the fans. This is a forty year record. This record was established in nineteen eighty four. Right, A couple of guys have come close. Right now, he sits as the what's this one hundred year game? How long we been doing this football thing? One hundred years? Only nine dudes, nine have ever rushed for two thousand yards. And you're telling me I get to become the guy, the number one dude in a league that it's full of dudes.
Speaker 3: We're going to get this. I think it's and if he gets hurt, cool, I mean not cool, but it is what it is.
Speaker 5: Like I don't even want to think that way, but you gotta go get this one hundred and one yards away from this, like the Eagles one hundred and six yards away.
Speaker 9: So I'm sorry, You're right, my phone one.
Speaker 3: Okay, you knocked off my boy. My boy was driving. He was driving all night.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, got him and got him to go.
Speaker 6: They got him to go. Can't you get in trouble for that? And that that kidnapping bringing him across state craft.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you gotta go get this man.
Speaker 5: I mean, Philadelphia will be known for Rocky mm hmm, the.
Speaker 7: Greatest backup quarterback.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, Rocky Philly Special.
Speaker 5: And then well you could say, hey, we have the leading single season Russian king. Go get it, man, I was telling Chris in the back, like Lane Johnson, Milan, all those guys will be able to put.
Speaker 3: On their resume.
Speaker 5: When Lane Johnson is standing and Campton doing his speech, he'll be able to say, I was a ten tom pro bowler, I won a Super Bowl. I've been to three Super Bowls, I won one, and I'm also the right tackle that blocked for the league's new rushing single season rushing king.
Speaker 9: Do you look down on it all because he's got an extra game?
Speaker 5: I mean, if we're not looking at Eric Dickerson's different because he had four extra games. OJ did it in twelve. When OJ did his it was twelve games. Eric had four four extra games, right because he did it in sixteen.
Speaker 4: That'll be a topic for a couple of years and then it'll be the norm, and then it's just.
Speaker 5: So it's like, if you're not going to put an asterixs on Eric's, then I'm not putting astrict on this one. Yeah, because oj I said oj if oj had four more games, Hell, he might have had three thousand yards.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm saying? Twenty eight hundred yards?
Speaker 4: And you know what the way that the running back position is now and the way that it's headed, this might be the last guy to get that might be.
Speaker 7: That's what you said. But that's what they said about Eric. Remember it's one more game being added.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it'll be.
Speaker 7: So that's true.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 11: The athletes are getting greater, and the ability, I mean they're getting a little tender too, but they getting they're getting greater. So I don't count out no record, but the probably that Miami thing where you.
Speaker 5: Can count the other record. When I told that you are part of Hey, nobody catch a limit?
Speaker 4: Oh you think that's a record that won't be broken?
Speaker 3: Never? Really never?
Speaker 5: How Yeah, eighteen thousand yards nobody's getting who's played that long? Yeah, who's playing who's playing that's playing that long.
Speaker 4: That's probably the most impressive part of that is staying healthy that long to be able to do that.
Speaker 5: Well, if you did nine years in the league, that means you have to we would have to be talking about you doing two thousand yards every single season, just played nine years.
Speaker 6: Nine years is double what it was that four or four times the.
Speaker 5: Like avera expected I say, like the days of the Adrian Peterson's and the like.
Speaker 3: Like, you guys ain't playing nine ten years anymore.
Speaker 5: Like not not if they do it, it ain't significant enough that you're gonna be able to put up numbers like that. No one's touching. The receiving record will be broken soon enough. The passing yard somebody will throw for six thousand yards. Somebody will do fifty something touchdowns again like that, that will happen. The touchdo like the receiving touchdown, the receiving yards, they'll who's it, Megatron has it now?
Speaker 3: They'll beat that.
Speaker 5: Someone may get some of them, may get to Jerry Rice's all time yards in the season. I mean, like overall, they'll do the touchdowns.
Speaker 3: But that Russian record.
Speaker 9: Derrick Henry's the current active leader and he's twentieth all time.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: So Dereck Henry would have to play seven more years and average one thousand yards for the next.
Speaker 6: Seven what thirty thirty?
Speaker 9: I think he is thirty thirty almost thirty one.
Speaker 6: So he had played on these thirty eight probably thirty nine.
Speaker 5: And average and he takes great care of his body. Yeah, like he's a guy who takes it's never you seen.
Speaker 6: Him flipping the refrigerators on them commercials.
Speaker 3: That's a commercial. Okay, that's a commercial.
Speaker 6: All right, let's take our first break when we come back.
Speaker 3: But he might be able to flip the refrigerator.
Speaker 6: Probably could, Probably could.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie. He might be able to flip.
Speaker 6: Take our first break when we come back. More crap talk on hang over the Boys?
Speaker 12: How's wing Stop sound crispy juicy classic wings? Saucety tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese.
Speaker 3: Or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings of.
Speaker 7: The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Order now by download the wings Stop out ard and on line at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboys Fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 3: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 10: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig.
Speaker 3: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing a ticket that works.
Speaker 2: Expect the expected seed geek, cow about them Cowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets. They sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars as you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember eat in game day have always been tyson.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir Enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 3: Home were away.
Speaker 10: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 3: Smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 10: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 7: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by a blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: Thank you blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 4: Kurt Yeah, Welcome back. Go down to seven eleven. Hit up the roller Grill.
Speaker 6: Favorite items We'll bring.
Speaker 4: Uh, we'll bring something Friday since our last last daily show from the Roller Grill from seven to eleven, fillip at Pompey, get you a big gulp for eight Big golf at participating stores.
Speaker 6: There you go get game day ready.
Speaker 4: Seven eleven. Thank you for sponsoring us all year seven eleven. We appreciate it. All right, welcome to the show, Nate. He's taking his backpack off.
Speaker 6: Finally. We were talking about leaving. Well, he's leaving the backpack so he'll be back or else. I would think that he was checking completely out.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 6: We were talking about gifts, and.
Speaker 3: You're gonna take a number one, number two the way he got a number two walk?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he had his knees.
Speaker 3: Fixed, clenching the cheeks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't say nothing.
Speaker 5: He Sometimes that thing just hits you, you know what I mean, when you gotta go and you gotta go.
Speaker 4: We were talking about gifts and what uh you know what lineman? What quarterbacks by the lineman and and Chris was saying that Troy used to buy the whole staff at Valley Ranch. No matter what department you worked in football staff a lot of times will get gifts from the players because they take care of them and things like that, but very rarely does it trickle down to the whole organization.
Speaker 6: And I was telling these guys, I.
Speaker 9: Wonder what did Troy get you? Chris?
Speaker 8: I mean, it'd be like a you know, like a ornament or like it says like an ornament, said like a Cowboy Lois said Troy Ben sign and signed track Man or something like that or something.
Speaker 6: It was always something different nice.
Speaker 8: So then he always had like a card on that said Mary Chris Medicine and just signed Troy.
Speaker 4: So the only thing I've ever gotten from a player as a gift as a member of the.
Speaker 6: Cowboys staff was Frank Walker.
Speaker 4: What it was He a dB. He was wild. Yeah, he was a character. He was funny.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: It was right when I first transferred from merchandising over to the football side.
Speaker 6: I think it was my first year over there.
Speaker 4: And he signed one dollar bills for the entire staff and what they say.
Speaker 8: On him Chris So Actually it was it was a one other bill inside a piece of paper that looked like you got out of copy machine.
Speaker 6: It folded and had folded half. That was the car.
Speaker 7: That was the card.
Speaker 14: It was on your desk when you got in like the like December twenty sixth, right, and it said it said on a budget, Merry Christmas, Frank Walker.
Speaker 5: I'm almost confident because I was Frank Walker's team.
Speaker 3: At the top.
Speaker 6: You probably got the same thing.
Speaker 3: I'm knowing you guys got you guys got strip.
Speaker 5: Club, buddy, I'm almost confident dollar bills, strip club. I'm almost I'm almost one confidence. He strip club.
Speaker 3: He liked.
Speaker 6: He liked to freak with the club.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Frank Frank was a good dude, though, great dude. Yeah, but Frank Frank Frank Frank monolottle. He mine a little entertainment in his life.
Speaker 3: Listen to each his own listen and we don't judge.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 5: So speak of gift, Dez Brian, you should still hold me at Christmas gift. You owe me a Christmas story. So I just thought about this. We were doing like the Receiver Room Secret Santa, and I like, I was just like, man, everyone prayed that they didn't get dead because you knew it's a rapp you're not getting anything some monkey poop or not not because it doesn't have the money. But that just wasn't I was just like, no, you weren't getting anything.
Speaker 15: And.
Speaker 6: You got this, I got this, or he got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got me, he got me.
Speaker 5: I had I had Sam Herd, I got Sam heard no no from his place.
Speaker 3: He did get me some tires. I would tell you about the tires story.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, that's a good story.
Speaker 3: Okay, so storytime. Let's talk about football later. So I mean, what's the record.
Speaker 9: This story?
Speaker 3: Story time?
Speaker 6: So not only does the game mean anything on the field.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this was this was when when the whole stick Sam Herd story kind of finished and evolved, and you go back and you start putting the pieces together, you realize what.
Speaker 7: You're time with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, And and so I I just of course, you know, fourth Along has happened and all that kind of good stuff. You know, I come here and you know, I make a team and I'm on them. I'm back, you know, I'm back. And I remember I've ever told you guys that I had gotten that car when I initially had gotten into the league, and it was just just all bad. Right, But so I drive, I guess, yeah, I drive the car here and I needed new tires. And so the one thing that you always do if you're in the NFL locker room when you need things, you ask, because so someone in the locker room know somebody that knows somebody that can got.
Speaker 6: You get somebody's got a hook up.
Speaker 5: Somebody, plumber, electrician, mechanics, whatever it is, accounting, whatever it is.
Speaker 3: Somebody somebody has a.
Speaker 6: Guy, a business guy, a business guy, and.
Speaker 5: Also sidebar for the young people. And we ever get to the league. If you come to a city, okay, you're new to the city, this is listen to Uncle Jess. If you're new to a city, especially a popular city, and you're going out and you just so happen to meet a young lady while you're out, you might want to have her name cross reference throughout the locker room.
Speaker 3: Last thing that you want to do.
Speaker 6: Not only do you most guys know a guy, they know.
Speaker 5: They know a girl you want to remember. You want to cross reference to young lady in the locker room. Last thing that you want to do is fall in love with someone who enjoys.
Speaker 4: When you bring it up and eight guys go, yeah, yeah, trust Jesse, what you're lying?
Speaker 3: Oh you ain't that cute?
Speaker 5: That ain't her? First time I learned this the hard way. I learned this storytiping other day. So I get to Dallas and I need some tires, so I'm asking around. You know, first, you know first people, you my bar receiver. So I'm like yo, I need new tires. Does anybody know where I can go and get new tires? Sam goes, I got you. I'm like, okay, cool. He's like, go to this tire shop. Now, wh'erebody ranch At this time, You're like, man, go to.
Speaker 3: This tire shop.
Speaker 5: Ask for this guy something like okay, go to the tire shop on the day off. At that time, I was driving. I was driving a six forty five BMW, like the little sport package. So I go and I'm like, hey, need new tires, d D D DA. Sam told me to come see you. He's like cool, he says, when you come back, bring me a signed football.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I go, you know, do my little one two whatever.
Speaker 6: And I come back signed by who?
Speaker 7: By me? Okay?
Speaker 5: So I signed the football and I'm now in my head I have already allotted about twenty twenty twenty hundred dollars into four new tires because it was like the you know, the run flat, good, the good.
Speaker 6: Joints, low profile.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we're talking about what' talking about Bieber here five fifty Yeah, I'm talking about what we're talking about beer right, Like this is sis te hundred dollar tires probably right.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I go and I come, he's like all done. So he's like, uh, you got the football. Yeah, it'said one hundred dollars. I said, Now I needed all four changed, like I needed four new ones, as I know, because I know one hundred dollars. So yeah, tell me twice. You know, this is at a time where he really wasn't like you had a guy. Yeah right, he had a guy. This wasn't debit carr heavy. He wasn't a cash app. So I reached my pocket, peel off one hundred dollars, give it to him. He tosses me the keys. I tossed him the football.
Speaker 3: I'm gone.
Speaker 5: Years maybe two years. A year later it all comes about. The guy who worked at the discount tire place was also the guy that was involved with Sam when he initially got pulled over. When Sam's truck got pulled over, they found a bag of money in there, which led to the investigation. This was the organization where the kind of the money was getting washed at and the dude he is he eventually went down to, but they were kind of cleaning up some of the money at this discount tire that Sam was bringing in through his time and his If you don't know the Sam Hurd story, google it.
Speaker 3: It's there for you.
Speaker 5: But the whole time, I'm intertwined with this whole thing because this is where the money was being washed. And that's how I got almost three thousand dollars with the tires four hundred dollars and Wilson football.
Speaker 4: Autograph and yeah that was worth something most you ever got paid for your.
Speaker 5: Autograph probably probably at one time probably, Yeah, so wow, that's crazy. Yeah, but I got I got Sam that Christmas. He was my I got Sam a Gucci scarf, hat and umbrella.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm fancy.
Speaker 3: Yeah you got nothing.
Speaker 5: Dad was like, yeah, no, I got you to beat By Dre pill box boombox.
Speaker 9: Thing you're never saw sat on. Limit was a little higher than.
Speaker 5: We didn't even have a limit, like there was no limits. Like this, get your guy what you get your guy, you know what I'm saying. And Sam was good to me, Like Sam was like not even off the field, but like he really like kind of took me under the wing as a football players league clean but as a football player, like he really him and him at PC really took me under the wing and showed me the ropes of how to get on and stay on in the league for a little while.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, was take our last break. When we come back, we'll talk a little bit about.
Speaker 4: The game this week, or maybe not, maybe just a little we'll see when we come back on the final segment of Hanging.
Speaker 6: But to the Boys, Cowboys, let's go.
Speaker 3: How's wing Stop sound? Christy juicy classic wings?
Speaker 12: Sausty tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 3: I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys, and wings Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings.
Speaker 7: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 15: Order now by download the wings Stop out or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 16: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make Crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Prescott keeps it slides with the first down.
Speaker 16: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto. With blockchain dot com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 16: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hals avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 10: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans, A twenty twenty four football season is here and seat Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 3: All the action.
Speaker 10: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets the Cowboys football games or to any other live event, Seat Gig is the place to do it.
Speaker 7: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 10: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea ticketing, a ticket that works, expect the expected seat geek.
Speaker 7: To hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 6: I'm laughing at the text you sent me. Welcome back to the show. Share the text, man me tell you after the show. Welcome back to the show. Finals ever brought to each and every day.
Speaker 4: By Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. All Right, going into this game as a player, I know you're playing for pride. You don't want to put out bad tape the season Cowboys and the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 7: Oh good.
Speaker 4: What how do you approach this game? Because I mean you've listened to the shows this week. You know how we've approached the shows this week. If you're on the field like and we have no chance of getting hurt or suffering an injury or anything like that.
Speaker 6: You know, it's very not It feels very nonchalant. As a fan. You know, it's just a game. Let's get through it.
Speaker 4: Let's get through healthy, and let's see what the off season brings. Especially when you're a free agent, right and you know going out there one play could end your career and you're do for a contract or maybe some cases a big contract.
Speaker 6: How do you approach this.
Speaker 4: Game knowing it really doesn't mean anything. You don't want to give up on your teammates or your coaching staff. But that's another cab out to this is the coaching staff even going to be here, even if you're not a free agent.
Speaker 6: Do you care?
Speaker 4: And then how do you how do you pump yourself up to go out there and have caught multiple car wrecks on Sunday knowing it just doesn't really.
Speaker 7: Matter, you know, Yeah, I played. I don't care.
Speaker 11: You just don't you block it out, you know, because it felt like I was always under the scrutiny of getting a new contract on somebody excuse me getting drafted.
Speaker 7: Nah, I played the game. I played the game.
Speaker 11: You were playing for integrity, yeah, and y'll playing for that money, for that money, I needed that money.
Speaker 9: When you guys were talking something yesterday about how Philly had something to play for, well, I believe Cowboys didn't. And so there, you know, I was, I believe that assuming Washington's up to play for here, there's they're in the playoffs, but there's some seating questions. But yeah, so that's I would think it's gonna be kind of tough.
Speaker 7: Tough Jesse. I've always believed this.
Speaker 11: You know, you're saying in you to play the game as hard as you can, which I did, and I know you did, but I always but it was something like when we went to that first playoff game. After that, it's like I even had a little bit more locked in. It's just something when you're playing for something, knowing you got something that you can obtain. And then one year I went and saw the Giants versus the Bills in Tampa. I took my family, my mom and dad, and I'm just sitting up there and I'm seeing how they locked in. I'm like, I'm locked into this game, and I'm.
Speaker 7: Like that that really is it.
Speaker 11: This game is really and it just it gave me something more to look at as an individual. And I believe Philly knew like, hey, we got something to play for. We embarrassed ourselves with Washington not this week. I just believe they believe that man, when you got a live bit more to play for.
Speaker 9: Even though our guys may come out and play hard, it's still not the same.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It's times are so different, like they're just different. I had no choice but to play hard. It just wasn't there was there was nothing else I could do, right, Like, that's who I was. But I always in the back of my mind, I'm like, this might be it. This might be.
Speaker 6: It, even even a game like this.
Speaker 5: Right for for like for God, like Ryan Floydnoyd, Jalen Brooks, I mean, Andrew Booth, you know guys like that who.
Speaker 4: It could be the last time you step on the field. It could be could bear.
Speaker 5: And I always wanted the coaches like the last thing that you saw of me was because if it came down to making a decision on me and someone else, me and the free another free agent, I want them to know, like this dude's really about ball. And when nothing else mattered at that point in time, you know, I ain't chasing no incentives in the contract because I ain't got whatever this center was. I wasn't reaching them. But I'm still You see me running down on kickoff, You see me personal protecting you see me running these routes, block and doing all that other kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Because when you're.
Speaker 5: Looking to build this roster next year, when my name comes up, I want, I want you to feel like this is a guy that I need in the locker room, I need on the field with us. And so I didn't. I didn't have a choice. Times are so different, man, Times are so so so so so so so so so so so so different. And I honestly, if I was a guy coming into this game and I had already had a contractor, I had made a bunch of money already all that kind of stuff, I might have been like, hey, you know what, Miami is a little soort if I had my money already. But I just I just I just didn't never take that approach. When I got a chance to play, I played hard. And that's just that's who I am.
Speaker 11: When you the machine checked the box anymore, when you can't check them humans, you know, and I told this the other day, you know, and I'll say this probably a thousands more times. You know, if unfortunate to be on the show, can you can you check the box?
Speaker 3: Man? What's wrong to be in the show? You know, you're not playing right now.
Speaker 11: You're you're not gonna get but this show, I mean, you know, Derek Can said, hey man, we got another Nate in the wings.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know what you are the show.
Speaker 7: Let me say this.
Speaker 5: Ain't too many around in this building that got the credentials that you had.
Speaker 6: That could just say.
Speaker 4: I don't remember if it was the first, second or third one.
Speaker 11: Kevin Martin, fourth round pick, Boston College. Uh Nate noon, free agent. We sit on the back of the plane. You know, homeboys from Jacksonville. I'm from Orlando, a couple hours apart from us, and we used to say, I used to look came out like, man, what you feel?
Speaker 7: He said?
Speaker 11: Big fella came up. It was a little bit bigger than you would have loved him the same time. Y'all both had big heads. But I said, what you're thinking, little little fellow. He's coming a little fellow, he said, Man, big big Newton, he said. When they turned on that film, they gonna see me. He said, you know I already told Troy, hey man, throw it to me. I got you, and I want him to check the box, you know. And the more coaches that checked the box for you, he had this guy that stood up on the thing for my had me a guy in the locker room that stood up for me too, or in the coaching staff. But the more guys that can check the box with your name when the coaches, when the when the head coach and the GM president slrash owner say hey, man, what about Kurt. You checked the box on him? And I'm over here Jesse like, well, let me think about it. There ain't enough checks, man. You need two of these checks out of three, you know, so when And that's what I always you know, no matter what you thought of me at the beginning of the year, but as that season rolled on, I wanted every coach c Yo Big Noon as asset we can check the box.
Speaker 5: And on top of that, we talked about this particular organization, this particular team in uh in question, what is your culture? Like I watched the game last night when Philly not Philly, excuse me, Detroit Detroit technically last night had nothing to play for. But that wasn't the that wasn't the mentality. The mentality was, Yes, this game means absolutely nothing to us.
Speaker 6: And we're still gonna dominate you.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna dominate you.
Speaker 6: And it's for fun.
Speaker 3: But but you know, and all I kept thinking about.
Speaker 5: I thought about this last night, I thought about it this morning, and I said, you know, guys like Ben Johnson and Dan Campbell, they have the precision of the assassin, and they have the murder mindset of like a cartel dude, right, like like the thing on HBO Dexter I don't know, Desert, but like like Sakaria, you know what I'm saying, Like, like an assassin, go once in a head, once in the heart, clean cut murder, You're done. But like one of those cartel dudes, head heart and it's finished the clip. You know what I'm saying, Like fifty shots in them, but had them he's already dead. But we're gonna send We're gonna send a message and like you like I look at that, like go Detroit sent the methods to the Niners, to the rest of the league. When nothing's on the line, I'm still going to go out here, Jamison, williams uh Amara, Saint Brown Golf.
Speaker 6: We're gonna and do all kinds of crazy stuff.
Speaker 5: Because I want you to know. I want you to know that, even when it means nothing.
Speaker 7: To the rest of the league.
Speaker 3: You can't do nothing with me.
Speaker 5: So the next time you you know what I'm saying, Because sometimes it's like a fight. If I fight you, I don't want you to leave the fight and think, man, I almost had them more.
Speaker 3: It's debatable. I want to beat you.
Speaker 5: I want to beat you that when you leave from fighting with me, you go he got it. I don't want I would you go back now? I ain't going back around there. I ain't going back around there. You know what I'm saying. So and so for the Cowboys, like this is a type of like this is we some may believe that you can carry things over to next season, like you want to build a culture when nothing matters.
Speaker 3: Who are you? Who are you? Like the old saying is how you do anything?
Speaker 5: It's how you do everything well, how you do everything, how you do anything, It's how you do everything?
Speaker 3: Show us, show us.
Speaker 5: Uh Because even last week against Philadelphia, Zimmer talked about it in this presser which is a really good presser, y which was which is it was there was some tell tale tales in that pressure that he had uh yes yesterday about them might them might not be back here next year? Not because they don't want him back next year because he might not just be back here next year. But he talked about it yesterday that he said, getting Philly, we got back to a lot of gods doing their superhero own thing to make plays. You know what I'm saying, Like guys were just out there just doing stuff.
Speaker 3: We went We wasn't.
Speaker 5: We weren't like it was the weeks before that we got we got back to doing the yolo stuff. So to me, if if if we're talking about the leaders of this team, the vocal ones, the non vocal ones, if what you want to carry into the off season or to next year, or try to have some foundational building blocks, if you're trying to set culture, then you got to end this year on the on the on a way that's that's admirable and honorable that we can carry, that we can carry into the off seaton and say, all right, this is the standard.
Speaker 11: And to go back real quick, Jesse took it right back to where you opened it up at Would you play sat Kawain Martin?
Speaker 7: Do you think de Trump wild playing?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you think?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Dan Cavill would tell you before the game, Hell yeah, we're gonna get our guys, our guys gonna go out there, We're gonna have it by halftime, and then we'll sit everybody.
Speaker 6: You know that, that's kind of mentality.
Speaker 4: Saw an interesting stat because it was on Instagram, so it has to be true, right. I didn't go do any research, but we need to probably look this up because the last twenty two years, the forty nine ers have either missed the playoffs or or been to the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 3: No in between the last four years.
Speaker 6: I saw it was the last twenty twenty two seasons.
Speaker 5: No, no, stealth self Instagram, Yeah, stealths It ain't twenty two years.
Speaker 3: They haven't been an NFC championship maybe the last four.
Speaker 11: But you're saying if there are in, if they are in the playoffs, that's what you meant.
Speaker 6: If they get in a let me go back, I shouldn't have you.
Speaker 9: Know what since two thousand No, yeah, since two thousand and three, they've either been out of the playoffs or made.
Speaker 7: The out of the playoffs. That's what you meant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, either if they made the playoffs, they either didn't make the playoffs or they made conference championship.
Speaker 9: With two thousand and three, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: They either completely missed the real quick backing, which is crazy if you think about it. You either make it all the way MC Championship game or you're not even in the playoffs.
Speaker 6: I take that. I take that as.
Speaker 9: Missed the playoffs more than that strip over the last few years.
Speaker 6: Real quick, we got to go. We're behind. What are we doing for New Year's Eve?
Speaker 4: Kurk?
Speaker 6: What you got going on?
Speaker 9: Hanging out? Nothing too wild?
Speaker 6: Burning the house down?
Speaker 4: Jesse?
Speaker 3: What you got I'll be in the House of the Lord for the church. Yeah, yeah, yeah, ain't there with you.
Speaker 6: I didn't know they had church on New Year's Eve?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, what about you, Nate, I'm shooting up the jersey.
Speaker 3: Get some white and fish.
Speaker 6: Chris, what you got going on? I don't have any plans right now, No plans.
Speaker 3: A single guy here.
Speaker 6: You probably video.
Speaker 4: Hey if if I have him, and I am still waiting on the word. If I have him, that's probably where I'll be, probably be ringing in the New Year's Popps and Pans six packisoda? Good show, see y'all next year. No show tomorrow. We'll be at Thursday and Friday one o'clock. Good stuff, good scene.
Speaker 6: Off just show up, just show up. You guys better watch some Chris Chris Chris.
Speaker 7: Thanks for keeping.
Speaker 6: Thanks for keeping him company.
Speaker 4: We'll be back on Thursday.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Less Cowboys Football Club Cowboy