Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rogue Recap. Hot takes, cold facts, and zero respect for the official narrative. Sit back, roll your eyes, and let's recap Rogue Style.
Speaker 2: Well, hello everybody. It is Tuesday, August 25th. This is the Rogue Recap. I am Linda McLaughlin. Great to be with you as always. Wanted to start the show off tonight with something I was trying to talk about yesterday and I could not find the story. And of course I couldn't find it because I wanted to find it. You guys know the rule. If you want to find it, it will escape you. And the second you stop looking for it, you will find it. So it's exactly what happened to me. As our kids are getting ready to go back to school and do all the things, I was looking at some of the requirements of my son and even my older kids. And it is so great to see that one of the supplies on the supply list are pencils and pens and not a stylist just to write on a screen. I really feel strongly, as I mentioned in yesterday's show, about the brainpower that it takes to commit your words to a piece of paper using your faculties and saying, hey, I want to write this. I want to put something down. And I just, I could not, I had to find this story for you guys. So this is the post about what happens to your brain. I'm citing this neuroscientist, Audrey Vandermeer. And she basically did this entire study for 20 years talking about how handwriting shapes the human brain. So in 2024, she published her study. It's called Frontiers in Psychology. And her team used high density EEG caps to monitor brain activity in students while they were either writing by hand with a digital pen or typing on a keyboard. The difference was dramatic. Handwriting produced a powerful, I'm quoting, synchronized burst of neural activity across widespread regions of the brain, and it linked activities involved in memory formation, sensory processing, and deep learning. Now, by contrast, typing the exact same content cause the cognitive network to largely shut down because typing uses repetitive uniform keystrokes. It demands little spatial or cognitive effort and it leaves key learning centers quiet and disengaged. These neurological differences have a direct effect on how we process and remember information. Earlier research by Pam Mueller and Daniel Oppenheimer at Princeton University reached similar conclusions. Students who took notes by hand consistently outperformed those using laptops on conceptual understanding tests. Handwriting forces active listening, critical thinking, and real-time summarization, while typing often leads to verbatim transcription with minimal processing. Our brains function as part of an embodied biological system, replacing rich physical actions with effortless digital keystrokes, that may deliver short-term convenience, but at the expense of a deeper cognitive engagement. Final line, the solution is simple and timeless. Pick up a pen.
Speaker 3: I was like, man.
Speaker 2: And so last night I kept trying, excuse me, I have allergies. You know, last night I kept trying to figure out what this woman's name was. Of course, I couldn't think of it, this Norwegian, Audrey Vandermeer. And I really wanted to convey this story because I'm noticing a lot of people talking about this thing called brain fog, which I think there's a few sources for that. But I also think part of why you can't remember things like, you know, we don't do it anymore. We don't remember phone numbers. We don't remember addresses, you know. And even like if I have a business call, I take a pen out. I take my notebook out and I take notes. Not because ChatGPT isn't going to get it for me on the Google Meets and they have Gemini and it records everything and I get all my notes spitted out to me. And that's great. Super helpful, right? Because you're like, oh, what did he say about blah, blah, blah. And you can go back and you can look for it and find it. And that's very cool. But one of the things that I would like to do is make my own notes. Like, you know, so-and-so said this, they seem super excited when they said it. Like that's not going to be in an AI bot taking notes behind this video call. So there are just things that I think really do help and You know, I think of when I was younger, I used to love to write poetry and music and all that kind of stuff. And how often I wrote, I mean, I would sit for hours writing lyrics and lines and all the things. And then, you know, you become an adult and you lose that. Even reading, right? Holding an actual book. Like I know people love Kindles. I happen to be a big fan of books and I'm doing all this reading with my son right now for school. And it's so nice to hold a paperback book and just go through it and read it with him and stop and Even when we're like in church on Sundays, you know, and I'll be, you know, reading the verse in church and following along, you know, with the priest. And I'm like, oh, here we are. This is the section we're in. And, you know, we read it together. Like there's something to holding a book. And I really do think it's not lost on me. That's for sure how important it is. And there was an article out a couple of days ago in the Pennsylvania Capital Star and Education Week. And they also did a similar study to this. It says brain scans show the improvement teachers see in their students. Researchers put 256 sensors into a hairnet and had 36 students write words by hand and then type the same words they had just written by hand on a screen. Writing by hand lit up connections across the entire brain and all the frequency bands that are tied to memory. produced almost nothing in the same regions. So the conclusion was, I mean, it was a harsh conclusion, right? Children have to be exposed to handwriting in school from an early age so that they can build these connections that the brain needs for learning and for their memory, you know? And it's like, we're not saying no to screens. We're just saying, get back to basics. The incorporation of technology is a wonderful thing. I mean, truly, like I look at something like Elon Musk and Neuralink the ability to have paralyzed people walk again, the ability to give blind people the gift of sight, you know, whether they never had it or they're getting it back. I mean, there are some tremendous progressions and advancements in technology. But the idea that we have to only use technology, only be on a screen, only go to AI, I just think we're losing so much of our creative faculties. You know, that's a gift from God. I mean, we are these living beings here. We're here for such a short time. I looked at my husband a couple days ago and I said, none of this matters. Like, it just doesn't. I mean, the generation before us knows who we are and maybe a couple generations after us, like our grandchildren, our great-grandchildren will remember us, maybe. And then that's it, guys, you know? So enjoy these things that you have at your disposal now because so much of what you think matters doesn't. And so much of what you spend time on is so unimportant. You know, when you're sitting on your phone, I look at, you know, this tech neck, this head bob, this bulge on your neck, because you don't look up anymore, right? Where people that, I mean, had this epidemic a while ago, a little bit off the beaten path here, guys, sorry, but it's kind of a funny story. Not funny, haha, but oh my God, I can't believe this is actually happening. But they were doing these stories in China. I guess there's a lot of sidewalk work in China. I don't know. And they kept having people fall into these manholes and these construction zones because everybody was on their phone. And I will tell you, as somebody who, you know, spent a lot of time in New York and still commutes there from time to time for work, people definitely are walking with their head down. It doesn't matter how busy the street is. They're on subway platforms. Like Guys, you know, the third rail, it's electric for real. Like that's not just a song. That is a reality when you fall on it because you wanted to look at something on Instagram. Like, I don't know, just a very sort of strange time when you're unable to use your motor functions without looking at your phone. I mean, I watch these kids in the neighborhood and they go out for a walk and instead of just walking and taking in whatever is around you, they're on their phone. Now talking on your phone is a different thing. I don't use earbuds anymore because I think they're doing something screwy with your brain, but I'll hold my phone and talk on the phone. I'll talk to my mom or my friends or whoever. But this idea that we have to constantly be stimulated by a show, a podcast, well, unless you're listening to mine, of course, but all kidding aside, the idea that you can't, you have to look at a screen is the scary thing. You want to listen I think the medium of listening is a really special skill. I don't think a lot of people have it. I think people are always thinking about what they're going to say, the next thing they're going to say. And I have this thing that I say all the time, which is, oh, not to interrupt you, but to interrupt you, which is like a joke in our family. But sometimes I say it because I want to go back to something they said previously. And sometimes I say it because they're about to move on to something else. And I'm like, wait, I just want to comment on one thing. Maybe we'll pivot for a minute. You know, there are times where that works, but there are other times where you just need to listen. You know, there are times when people are talking to you, not because they want your opinion, but because they want you to hear theirs. And I just think that all of these skills, all of these things that you do they really are gravely affected by the choices you make every day when it comes to screen time and using your abilities as a human being, what God gave you when you were born. And so anyways, I know I'm down a little bit of a rabbit trail here, but I really did just want to share that with you guys because I was doing the show yesterday. I'm like, I have to talk to them about this. So Speaking of things that you do in your present life and you wonder why other people are so horrible, I don't know if you guys have ever seen this, but on social media and YouTube, they have these guys that go out and they help disabled veterans. They help the elderly. They help people who are in some sort of situation that they are unable to take care of their properties and they go and they clean them up. And they do these like time-lapse videos where you see them turn these like overgrown, tons of weeds, you know, lawns that you could like, literally they're as tall as you. And they go in and they chop them all down and they get these houses and these properties back to what they once were, clean up all the trash and so on and so forth so that the person living in the house maybe can find their way to, you know, keeping it that way now, or at least hiring a service that maybe previously didn't want to take on such a big project. So I read this story today and it's in Atlanta and this lawn care crew finds this disabled veteran's home and it's just covered in like weeds and everything is overgrown. The HOA is fining the poor bastard $ 50 a day because his yard's unkept, right? So the team shows up, they offer to like mow the lawn, clean the whole property completely for free. They just want to help. The HOA president who was fining the guy $ 50 a day for not keeping up his yard called the police. And he says, well, the volunteers, they don't have a vendor permit and they're trespassing. I'm like, explain to me how pathetic your life is. That instead of A, being glad that what you've wanted all along is finally happening. And B, this veteran is getting the service for free. You are instead calling 911. I'm pretty sure they got better things to do on these people and saying they don't have a permit to be on the property. They're not building anything. They're not doing anything that could harm another property. They're literally cleaning it up. That's all they're doing. The officer arrives. He hears the story. He tells the HOA to take a hike and lets the crew finish. But I just, these are the types of people. It's like a show I did a few months ago where the woman was like another HOA board and it was the community pool. And she was saying, you know, it's fine for the kids to swim. But when the splashing becomes aggressive, that's not play anymore. And I'm like, ma'am, what is happening that you want to regulate the splashing? How bad is your life? What is happening in your life? Do you, you don't have one friend? You didn't run this idea by anybody and they're like, yeah, it's probably not a thing. Maybe just sit on that. These are, but this is the stuff, right? Every day people do really strange shit. And you're like, I don't understand why you're getting involved. And it's silly, but it dovetails into the deeper issues that we talk about, like the trans stuff, where it's like, OK, you're crazy. You want to say that you identify as something that you are not. And for some reason, you have found a way to make money off of this. Either you're an influencer, you're a viral sensation, Your doctors are making money off of it. So they're willing to give you your treatments for free until they're not, but then you're too locked in. So then you have to pay for it. Like the systemic effect of these people that have mental illness that we are now saying, you know, no trans people are people and they're humans. I'm not arguing that they're not human. I'm not arguing that they're not alive. I'm not arguing that they don't have feelings and hearts and minds like the rest of us. What I am saying is that the people that are profiting off of their crazy, And then telling the rest of us that we have to sign up to be as crazy. That's all bullshit. Like, I'm not doing that. I don't know whose idea this was that we all had to sign on, but it's not for me. You know, you may want to dress up and say that you're Lily, but everybody knows you're Luke. And as far as we can tell, you still got all the parts that Luke was born with. So this idea that you want to come into a bathroom or come into a changing room or be on the cheerleading team, like I'm just so over it, you know? I saw this super sad story today about this woman and she was talking about, you know, these, how we have to like affirm, right? This is their big word. We need gender affirmation. And this woman was like, you know, I do believe that we should affirm children's beliefs and stop telling them that something is wrong with their God-given healthy bodies because you guys want to, you want to twist them up. You want to tell them something That's not true. And so this woman talks about her daughter who, you know, she was telling her she's wonderful and you're beautiful and all the things. And then she goes to school and they're telling her, no, you're right. You are in the wrong body. You do need hormones. You should have transition surgery. She's in high school. So then she goes through all of this stuff, all of these lunatic teachers and counselors, They're all telling her that she's right and she's crazy. And the reason that she feels like this is because she's in the wrong body. All this bullshit, right? She cuts off the parents, gets the drugs, goes on still believing there's something wrong with her body. Because the affirming that she needed was somebody to say, hey, you're great just the way you are. You're doing just fine. You're 15, you're 16, you're 17. That is a time in your life where your hormones are insane. You are changing, you're turning into an adult, and you normally do not have all your faculties about you most of the time, which is why you make such bad decisions. Any normal parent is going to say to you, uh-huh, well, you're not chopping anything off. You're not taking anything. Have a nice day. Go upstairs. Take a minute. If you want to talk about it, I'm here for you all day. Happy to discuss it. And by the way, which teacher was it that said they wanted to help you do this? Because I'm going to go to the school right now and make sure they get fired. That's what needs to happen. And parents need to be more engaged. They need to understand the day-to-day that your kids are having at school is not learning math and English. They are indoctrinating your kids every day. Now, I'm not saying every teacher because there are conservative teachers. There's not a lot of them, but they're there. And unfortunately, our kids are being inundated with this constant nonsense. I saw a guy today also, oh, and by the way, full circle on that story, this poor girl does all the things, takes all the drugs, cuts her family off and then committed suicide because she still didn't feel whole. Whatever was wrong in her mind, whatever was making her feel like she wasn't enough had nothing to do with her being a boy or a girl. It had to do with her having some sort of feeling of insecurity and her parents should have had the right to walk that walk with her. But instead they were like, no, you don't have a right to say that. We're going to cut you off now because you're not affirming your child. And now her child is dead. You think any of those counselors or teachers give a shit? You think they called her and said, hey, we're really sorry about that. We made a mistake. We shouldn't have told your kid to turn into a boy when she was a girl. Maybe she had deeper issues. These people have no idea what they're doing or what they're saying most of the time. They are literally profiting off of all of these disgusting, affirmations that they say are necessary. It is a lifetime of being on drugs. It is a lifetime of being on SSRIs and hormones and all these other things. And the mountains of money that the education system and the unions and all these pharmaceutical companies are making off of our children is criminal. And as parents, we have to stand up to it. It may not be popular. You might not be invited to every brunch and hangout, you might not be the one that when you walk into the meeting at school, they're not excited to see you. That's all very possible. But aren't your kids worth it? Isn't that something that you care about? And let's be honest, you know, the medical field is not what it once was. You know, there were people, I remember my doctor from when I was a kid, Dr. Barrow, this guy was a soul to the earth. You know, he was one of those guys, he looked at you, he knew what was wrong with you and he told you what to do, like awesome, right? But that's not What we have now, now the system is so impersonal. Now the doctors are so condescending and they could care less, right? They won't take a phone call. They won't, you know, come back to you and say, Hey, you know, I'm really interested in, in what you're doing or, you know, or what's happening with you. I want to know how that medicine is working out. And I will tell you recently, my husband and I have had the privilege of of working with a doctor who gave us his cell phone number and followed up on our daughter on Sundays. I mean, he would call, how's everything going? Is that medicine working out for her? And I'm like, this guy's like an alien. He's just a different kind of doctor. He still cares. And so I was Looking today at this woman, Elizabeth Potter, I think she's a surgeon, but she is such an amazing doctor. She's the one who filmed herself doing the call with the insurance company. And she was explaining to the insurance company the reason why her patient needed the breast surgery because she has breast cancer. And she filmed the whole call. I think it's like two hours long. And it's her trying to get the insurance company to approve the surgery so that they'll pay for it. They ultimately denied her patient. That's what happened. And the idea that the insurance companies and the pharmaceutical companies have the right to deny your patient what they need as determined by, you know, the, the doctors, it's insane. I mean, people who work in insurance companies and pharmacies, these are not doctors. They're not seeing the patients, but ultimately they get the final say on what the patient can receive, how it can receive it, and how much it's going to cost. So anyways, Elizabeth Potter, MD, if you don't follow her, please do because she's fantastic. So today she was explaining something called CPT. So these are the current procedural terminology codes that physicians use to show like how they care for a patient, and then that's how they bill for it. And Wall Street Apes, who I love, reposted it. And he explains that the medical billing codes required by the medical system in the United States of America are technically owned by a nonprofit. The nonprofit makes over $ 300 million a year in royalties from the codes. Then they take that money and they donate them to special interests and politicians that they like. So all of this is jacking up the price of healthcare. I mean, it's insane. So take a listen to her. She's, I just think she's hysterical the way she says it. She wants, she's not what your take first, but here's what's going on.
Speaker 4: Why is the American Medical Association being sued? And what do we need to know about it? The American Medical Association is being sued. for making people pay for the use of CPT codes. It's something that they copyright and it's how we as physicians have to communicate about things that we do that we have to bill for. It's called current procedural terminology. So CPT codes are something that we interact with every day and we have to pay for the privilege of using them. Like they're copyrighted. And actually AMA made $ 300 million last year licensing these things. So I'm curious, if you're a patient, what has been your experience with CPT codes? Like, do you know anything about them? I expect you probably do, especially if you have breast cancer. And then second, if you're a provider, I want to know what you have seen with CPT codes. Do you think there are problems with them? I have some opinions about that and I'm going to share some of that with you. But first I want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: So how amazing is she? First of all, right here, she is a young doctor talking about the fraud in her own industry, probably at her own risk. And I'm sure she's not real popular at her hospital. But again, she's explaining the system is rigged and it's not rigged to make you healthier. It's not rigged to help you. It is rigged against you. It is rigged to make everything more expensive and harder to do. And as we're learning now, as more and more people are taking the ivermectin and the fembendazole protocols to defeat stage four cancers in all different parts of the body and having not just some success, but constant success, you start to wonder, why did we create chemotherapy? Why is it that we were able to push a vaccine through for a virus that never existed that we created as a biochemical weapon against our own people? but we still don't have a cure for cancer after all these years. It's all money, guys. And a lot of you already know that, right? We already know that it's about the money. We already know that it's about the almighty dollar. We already know that it's wrong and that they don't care if you die. They care if they can make money off of you dying. And that's the sad part, right? Another area where the government is stepping in and doing the wrong thing is with these flock cameras. Now, I'm going to tell you truth be told, I had no idea what a flaw camera was two months ago. I have not been following this story, not at all. And then I started seeing all of the people covering them up, taking them down, telling you that this is an invasion of your privacy. Now, obviously the people that are putting them up are saying, but this is your safety. It's just an automatic license plate reader. It has nothing to do with anything that you're doing. We're not trying to look at you. We're not trying to invade your space. This is not an invasion of privacy. In fact, just the opposite. This is to protect you from people who could be out and about doing God knows what, and it's not right. And so, you know, we're here to make sure that, you know, you're protected and we're getting, you know, the right people off the street and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, right? So I'm like, huh, I'm like, that's really interesting. I don't know too much about this. And so essentially these cameras are going up, you know, they were saying in 2023, there was like several hundred of them around the country. Now there's several hundred thousand of them in a matter of three years. And I was trying to figure out like, what's the get, why is this happening? And I saw this guy, he was at one of these city council hearings and he was standing up and explaining to them that he was an IT professional and that he had for a very long time been someone who was, you know, in top C-suite positions, making sure that, you know, certain things worked a certain kind of way. And so what was interesting about that is he's explaining all of this and going through everything. And as he's doing that, you know, he's, he's unpacking what's really in the language about what these flock cameras do. And this is about two minutes, definitely worth a listen. This guy knows his shit. And it's very scary what they're trying to do to us as Americans.
Speaker 5: My name is Brett, and I've been a Corona resident in District 4 for 15 years. I'm here to introduce DeFlock Corona, a community coalition asking this council to cancel the city's contract with flock safety and remove the cameras that have been deployed throughout our city. Our website is deflock-corona.org. I'm here because new flock cameras were recently installed between my home and my daughter's school. So now every time I make that drive, my family's being photographed. and logged into a giant corporate database. I want to be clear what these cameras actually are, and I say that with somebody with 20 years of experience in IT. I've served as the chief network architect for Fortune 500 companies. I've designed data centers, and today I work on cloud infrastructure for one of the largest loan origination companies in the country. I'm not speculating on how this technology works. I've read their patents, and I know how it works. Flock advertises these cameras as simple license plate readers. Their own patents tell a different story. They're AI-powered surveillance machines that capture every passing vehicle in person and transmit that data to a private corporate cloud, making it queryable by a multitude of state and federal agencies. The city of Corona does not control that database, and Corona residents have no public record rights against a private company's servers. Our daily movements are being harvested by a $ 7. 5 billion corporation that only answers to venture capital investors, not to us. Flock did not reach that valuation on their per camera subscription fees. That math doesn't add up. The city council should also understand who they're doing business with. Flock's CEO was asked whether the company had any federal contracts. He said, no, that was a lie. Public records revealed that Flock had been secretly running a pilot program, giving the U.S. Border Patrol access to local police camera data without the knowledge of the cities that paid for the cameras. Now consider who's behind the company and where your data flows. Flock integrates directly with Palantir, a data fusion platform with a $ 30 million contract with ICE. Peter Thiel, the founder of Palantir, is also one of Flock's primary investors. These are not separate companies with separate agendas. They are connected actors that are building a connected infrastructure. Palantir's own CEO stated publicly just this month that his technology is being used as a political instrument designed to reduce the political power of certain voters. And that's the ecosystem that our Corona cameras are feeding into. We're not anti-police at all. We're against mass surveillance of innocent residents by a company with a documented record of deception built by investors with a stated political agenda. We're asking the city council to start auditing the queries made against Flock's database to disclose any data sharing agreements and to take a vote to cancel the Flock safety contract.
Speaker 2: So here's what I would say. I don't know. if everything he's saying there about political agendas is true or not. I don't actually believe a whole lot in political agendas anymore. I believe in an elite structure of a superpower government and then the working class humans, right? Just the everyday people that are living their lives. So we, the voters, we think that there's a two party system. We now have some people that are saying that there's another part of the system, you know, the socialists and all this other bullshit, but I personally feel it's an us versus them system. So whether Palantir and Peter Thiel and all these other people are, are in this for nefarious reasons or not, the number one issue that I have with the flock cameras is I don't actually know if they are going after illegal aliens as their sole purpose, if they're looking at license plates because they're trying to track illegal aliens that may be doing human trafficking or sex trafficking. And if they are, that's fantastic. The problem is that that's not all they're doing, right? They're all over the place and they're tracking regular people just walking, just with their dog, with their baby strollers. They get to see your patterns. They get to see your schedule. These are the types of things, this type of data, that then gets sold to data brokers. I was talking to a very well-known tech radio host. Her name's Kim Commando. And she told me that every person in the United States has 3,000 data points that these people have on them. And You can buy a list from a data broker for as little as $ 2 to $ 3. And then they can go and search you up, find your phone numbers, your address, find out your patterns, call you. They do all this weird stuff to senior citizens where they tell them like, oh, your computer's been hacked. And then they take 30 grand out of their bank account because they don't know any better because they have so much information on them. And the reason that they have so much information on them is because of the fact that we are the product. We are not being targeted for advertising. We are being targeted to be sold. That is something that I think is lost on a lot of people. You download apps, you look on your social media, they're tracking everything you do so that they can sell you products. But then they're also selling you to their sponsors, to other advertisers through all these synergistic deals that they have on the side. And these flock cameras are no different, except they take it one step further, which is that they are literally invading your every move. They're looking inside of your car. They can see how many kids you have. Do you have a dog? Do you have a cat? Do you drive alone? Then they can look at other things, right? If the app is picking up, oh, this person went out really late. This person is driving too fast. This person drives and breaks erratically. And then suddenly your car insurance goes up and you don't know how they know about all this stuff. because they're collecting it on you. It is a complete invasion of privacy and it is a complete and total mistreatment of the fourth amendment in our constitution, which obviously goes into the whole Patriot Act and everything else. That's another show. But my point in all of this is the speed at which the flock cameras are going up and they are tracking your everyday movements It's a little nerve wracking, I have to be honest. And I am learning more and more about it. And I might even try and bring an expert on the show to talk about it because I feel like I need to do that. But that's the type of research. That's the type of information. You know, clearly that guy's in California and he has his own personal political agendas. And he's like, oh, they're doing it because they want to marginalize people and they don't want them to vote. I'm like, I don't know if that's exactly what they're doing. I think that there may have other reasons for wanting to do that. And I think that regardless of who you're voting for, they want your information because, again, what did I say 15 minutes ago? It all comes back to money. What can they make off of you? They can make a lot off of you if they know everything about you. That's for damn sure. And then speaking of research and things that are really wild, I have this story, which I think is incredible. I don't know if you guys know Barry Weiss. She's pretty phenomenal. She's an interesting person. She's not a Republican. She's not a Democrat. She's taken over CBS News. She got a lot of heat for it. She's kind of a middle of the rotor. I think she might be a lot like us, hating everybody equally. So it kind of works out. But she did this interview with this guy, Ronald, excuse me, Roland Fryer on the Free Press. And he is a Harvard professor. And so I'll give you the background and then I'm going to play you the cut because it is so interesting. So Roland Fryer, ran the numbers on millions of police encounters to show low-level force showed some racial bias, right? People really liked that finding, seeing that there was racial bias in these encounters with police. Then he did the same type of research on police shootings, and it showed none. So now, obviously, as a professor and doing this research, he thought it was going to show the opposite. So then he goes and he hires another team of researchers and they got the same results. So in discussing his findings with his colleagues, they tell him not to publish it. You're going to ruin your career. And they said they wanted the convenient half of the paper to be published. And then they wanted the inconvenient half to be buried. So he published both. And he's talking about how people were like, you're risking your career. Like you can't do this because he was telling the truth. about race and policing. And before I play this cut, I will tell you, I remember a really interesting comment from a police officer that we had on another show once. And I asked him how he felt about the race issues. And he said, you know, I'm always surprised when people say, oh my gosh, you're in these black neighborhoods and you're arresting black people and it's racially motivated and blah, blah, blah. And I am of the opinion that a lot of things are racially motivated. There's a lot of black on Asian crime, a lot of black on white crime, a lot of black on Hispanic crime. black on black crime, Hispanic on Hispanic crime, so on and so forth, right? But the data points don't always support the white on black crime. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but not in the way that the race baiters want it to be, right? So it was interesting to see this guy come out and put this report out. And there's been a lot of studies at the Manhattan Institute, actually, with Heather McDonald. She's done a ton of research on this. And she gets death threats on a daily basis because They can't stand that she puts out these reports that are rooted in facts, not feelings, right? Because that gets uncomfortable. But this police officer was telling me, he was like, you know, we go to the neighborhoods where there's crime. We're not going to a neighborhood because there's black people. We're going to a neighborhood because there was a murder committed on, you know, one, two, three, four ABC street. Oh, okay. So ABC street happens to be in a black community. Should we not go there? because we're not black, or maybe one officer's black and one officer's white, or they're not both black. Who knows? That is the misconception about policing in troubled neighborhoods. If your neighborhood is troubled, you're going to have police there. That's it. It's just that simple. And now you have all of these lunatics, like the hokals of the world, who say she's going to arrest her own police if they work with federal agents and try and enforce the law. You have police literally going in these neighborhoods with their hands tied. They don't know what to do. because they don't have the support of their political leadership because the political leadership is playing DEI woke politics. So anyways, good tea up here for Roland Fryer. Take a listen to this. Pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: I collected a lot of data. We collected millions of observations on everyday use of force that wasn't lethal. We collected thousands of observations on lethal force. And it was in this moment in 2016 that I realized People lose their minds when they don't like the result. So what my paper showed, you'll see tomorrow, like some of you, was that, yes, we saw some bias in the low-level uses of force, everyday pushing up against cars and things like that. People seemed to like that result. But we didn't find any racial bias in police shootings. Now, that was really surprising to me because I expected to see it. The little known fact is I had eight full-time RAs that it took to do this over nearly a year. When I found the surprising result, I hired eight fresh ones and redid it to make sure. They came up with the same exact answer and I thought it was robust and then I went to go give it and my God, all hell broke loose. It was a 104-page dense academic economics paper with a 150 page appendix, okay? It was posted for four minutes when I got my first email, this is full of shit. Doesn't make any sense. And I wrote back, how'd you read it that fast?
Speaker 2: That's amazing. You are a genius.
Speaker 3: And I had colleagues take me into the side and say, don't publish this. You'll ruin your career. I said, what are you talking about? I said, what's wrong with it? Do you believe the first part? Yes. Do you believe the second part? Well, it's the issue is they just don't fit together. We like the first one, but you should publish the second one another time. I said, let me ask this. If the second part about the police shootings, this is a literal conversation. I said to them, if the second part, um, showed bias, do you think I should publish it then? And they say, yeah, then it would make sense. And I said, I guarantee you I'll publish it. We'll see what happens. So it was, you know, I lived under police protection for about 30 or 40 days. I had a seven-day-old daughter at the time. I remember going and shopping for it because, you know, when you have a newborn, you think you have enough diapers. You don't. So I was going to the grocery store to get diapers with an armed guard.
Speaker 2: It was crazy.
Speaker 3: It was really, truly crazy.
Speaker 2: I absolutely loved this interview. And you can go to the fp.com. That's the free press. The whole interview is up there. I thought it was absolutely phenomenal. But this guy is a professor who, at Harvard I mean this is what he does he is a professor of economics and here he is at Harvard and they're freaking out because of the fact that this you know American economist this you know black professor at Harvard is saying uh I did a ton of research on this and I spent a lot of money and when it didn't come out the way I thought it would I actually redid it just because I knew there was gonna be so much pushback and yeah it's it's just not coming out the way we thought guys sorry And everybody freaks out because they're not getting the answer that they want. Again, don't let facts get in the way of your feelings or your desired outcome. Sometimes it just is what it is. You know, like if you can't fit in your little black dress, that little black dress is telling you that it's too little. You may not like that answer, but that is the answer. So on that note, I will leave you guys for tonight. I want to thank you for listening. I am Linda McLaughlin. Please check us out, roguerecap.com, at Linda Mick, at Rogue Recap. And we will see you tomorrow. Be safe out there. Good night, everybody.