Speaker 1: All right, gang back to House a halliwell, hey, b K, yeah, do you want to give us the synopsis of this episode?
Speaker 2: Season one, Episode two, I've Got You Under My Skin premiere to October fourteenth, nineteen ninety eight. Prue gets a new gig, Piper struggles with her newfound powers, and Phoebe gets caught up with a handsome man. Little does she know she's flirting with a warlock who SAPs women to steal their youth. When Phoebe finds herself in trouble, Prue and Piper come to the rescue once again, proving that the power of three will set them free. Directed by the fabulous John Kretschmer.
Speaker 1: You know what's really interesting about going and rewatching these as a woman is I was like, God, I was really pretty back then.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was like, and we're not even wearing an a lot of makeup. Granted we have, like, you know, really good lighting and everything else, but I was like, I was so thin, I was so not one wrinkle on my face. And although I've enjoyed watching them because for me it's the first time, it made me a little sad for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yes, you were jealous of yourself.
Speaker 1: Was jealous of myself. I was like, why did I look like that back then and not like that now?
Speaker 3: Twenty five years years, twenty five years. It's a good timestamp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's your space, and my youth is wasted on the young I one hundred percent now that I'm fifty, whatever I am, I somebody wants to do the math nineteen seventy one, fifty three. I believe it now. I'm like, now is when I would really appreciate my looks and like the physique. I was so friggin' skinny. Time marches on and it just took a little thing like cancer for me to lose some weight. But I'm still not but I'm still not as skinny as I was back then.
Speaker 3: Time marches on and it's marching across your face. Who said that? Not your face?
Speaker 1: Dolly Carton. Wait, Dolly Parton said it in Oh my deal, Magnolias.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, that's awful.
Speaker 1: Stop. You guys look fantastic.
Speaker 4: You guys both look fantastic now, and I know that you weren't. That's you're not fishing. But I will say, like, you both look so hot in these these episodes. As we're watching them.
Speaker 1: But not now. You just said not now.
Speaker 4: Holy smokes. I literally started by saying, you guys are so beautiful.
Speaker 1: Still, it's not even.
Speaker 3: I think you said still. I did say you said in these episodes.
Speaker 4: No, and then I said, episodes just so so beautiful as well, like I can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a never mind never mind. Okay, so let's start with this episode, and like, what happens. You get a new job, but like not really right, It's that your chef quits on you.
Speaker 3: Yes, which makes me a general manager somehow, But I think what actually happened was that Aaron just like the hostess outfit better than the chef outfit. That's a real reason.
Speaker 1: But I think the chef outfit is so cute. Aaron did not. Well it was back then, right, so chefs weren't as like celebrated now or now.
Speaker 3: And also I was wearing in the pilot the tightest pants possible with the tightest.
Speaker 1: Chef member that possible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was tidy.
Speaker 4: And what was that like redrut that.
Speaker 3: Somebody had time to tie around my neck? Because god knows I didn't do it right.
Speaker 1: So you get a new job, becoming general manager. I start working at Buckland's.
Speaker 3: You skipped ahead. You don't work a Lindsa yet, you're auditional.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sorry, I'm interviewing. But everybody knows that Pru's going to get the joiler a learned. Everybody knows she's going to get the job. I mean.
Speaker 3: Outfit on your sexual relations of Prue's.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh the.
Speaker 4: Progress is very cool that. My first note was that progressed quickly.
Speaker 1: You know what? That's mine too. I literally wrote down preu first date sex question mark, exclamation mark. I literally wrote that text on the first date question mark.
Speaker 3: Yes, but it's not their first day because they dated, But it's.
Speaker 1: Their first day the second time.
Speaker 3: You dated in high school?
Speaker 1: Yes, so it doesn't count. It was like a decade ago. Yeah, And people's bodies change and things change, and you know that it just doesn't it doesn't count. I personally it was horrified that Prue slept with him on the first date. I I thought it was gross.
Speaker 3: But she's very pretty and very sane, very pretty.
Speaker 1: She is pretty than which means she can wait.
Speaker 4: That's true too. Great question. Where do we all stand on sex on the first dage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think the older you get, the more you realize that it's not okay, okay.
Speaker 2: I think the older I get, the more I realize, like, look, times, run it out, let's.
Speaker 1: Get to it. I thought you were going to say times of the essence. No, I think like, because the older you get, the more you realize that like sex, you know, fades and every relationship the longer that you go on. Right Like, in the beginning, sex is so exciting and it's great and you're having it a lot. But cut to you know, ten years later or twenty years later, you're like, oh god, I don't want to have sex with my husband or my wife or my lover anymore, like not tonight, and you start making excuses. So then what really bonds you together is respect, loyalty, and a deep friendship. And I don't think you can have any of those when you're jumping in the sack right away. I think that builds personal experience. That's a solid point. Look at you both sitting there, lion, I've flipped my.
Speaker 4: Like I have had sexual relations on a first date before, but recently, something that my mom has said to me over the course of my adult life was the moment you have sex with someone the interviews over yeah, and then and I was like, oh, and like the last person I was with, we waited over a month, like unintentionally but intentionally, and it became.
Speaker 1: Gets still ended. No, I'm not sure any theory is going to work for you, Drew. Maybe maybe you should just wait until you find a really good female pickleball player. Yeah, and you've got that relationship going where you're like, you know, partners and pickleball, which establishes a lot between the two of you. Then you go out for a coffee or like a whatever after the pick a ball match and develop, Like, I think that's the best way for you, since pickleball is so important in your life.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm about to say something.
Speaker 3: You can speak freely.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's best to know how she is with your pickleballs before you take anything further.
Speaker 1: But you should have I.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let the pickleball jokes fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, I've been easy target with that.
Speaker 4: I actually do believe, in all sincerity, I do believe like there was something too, like the moment, because you like, right when you meet someone, like the attraction, it's on, it's hot, it's amazing, and like it's all exciting, but then you wake up, let's say, the next morning, and then they say something really out of like left field that just completely doesn't align with any of your thoughts or beliefs or whatever I think it's and then you're instantly over it. I'm not like, I'm just coming with the hypothetical that actually hasn't happened before.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Getting back to the show at the sex part, by the way, you call me a sleeve, Well, I'm just showing you like it is. She calls me a sleeze jokingly. It wasn't aggressive sleeves. It was just like a hey, you're a sleez. Yeah. She was sorried I would use my power against her, and because she's so scared of being a witch, she wouldn't use hers back.
Speaker 3: So you know, move me out of the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Dude, My power was the most powerful.
Speaker 3: Move me out of the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well.
Speaker 4: So after we do that, like it kind of cuts to Piper obviously having some sort of existential crisis like is she a good Is she good or bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? With her being like you were in front of the church and you were having the conversation with the priests, I have a feeling.
Speaker 3: This was Aaron Spelling hired Brad Kerrn to write this storyline because it was so important to him that we were seen as good witches and not bad witches. I mean, I loved that storyline.
Speaker 1: I loved how you played it. You were very serious, like your face really portrayed your doubt and your own fear of what being a witch means, so I thought it was great. I also loved how when you went to try to open up the church doors, your hands were shaking, like I thought you were really good. What was interesting about this episode for me is that it didn't feel as tied to the sister relationship necessarily, Like I really miss that because it was what I loved about the pilot was that connection between the sisters. This one felt it was good. Guys, don't take me wrong. It was so good, but I didn't except for some of the glowy eyes, but I did not feel like the sisters were as connected.
Speaker 3: You're saying you wanted to do the scene in the attic with me instead of Phoebe.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yes, you were so good.
Speaker 3: Thanks, you were so good. I just was like, oh, why.
Speaker 1: Was an eye in that scene? It did I agree.
Speaker 2: They it felt like they tried to push a banter you guys had, like Okay, we took a week off and here they are in the middle of their life with a banter we haven't seen them develop, right, and it's like okay, and some of the lines are like Okay, it kind of jumped ahead in your relationship with some of the back and forth to that end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Phoebe was kind of hard on me in this episode, like her like her you know lines to me. It was all very much I think coming from her, not Alyssa, but from her character. It was like they wrote it to be very confrontational with Prue. Whereas you know, at the end of the pilot we see this bond developing and then yeah, you're right, Like all of a sudden, the bond is gone, and I was like, which would happen?
Speaker 3: I think that's a reflection of Brad's writing and not Connie.
Speaker 1: That's true too, Yeah, because Connie was so focused on the sisters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think any episode after the pilot was going to have that sophomore slump, Like I just like, after the pilot finishes and like there's this really beautiful bond, like this for this episode. For me, there was it was tough to watch for the very same reasons you guys are saying, like it was lacking what we instantly started to really like latch onto in the pilot, like this connection between you three, So the fact that we were all kind of doing independent things. I like the fact that Holly's storyline I actually love that, and I agree that should have been the a storyline for sure about you kind of questioning like what does this look like?
Speaker 1: Now? Are we good? Are we bad?
Speaker 4: Like because which throughout history has had like a pretty negative connotation and so but yeah, you guys are totally right with that. I think it's it was tough to kind of to latch onto because it just felt so independent and like you're right, combative I think was the right word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I feel like as actors, it was still too new for us to sort of express what we felt. Not that Connie Connie was always easy, but maybe to Brad it felt it felt hard. I remember there were like a few times in the very beginning that I was like, you know, this doesn't really feel right, and you know, he was like, no, it does feel right. This is what we're going to do, and I was like, wow, that's collaborative. So this particular episode felt disjointed to me.
Speaker 3: There was a lot going on. There's basically three storylines going on.
Speaker 1: Right, There's a serial killer on the loose that Andy inspector Andy tos us about. We have Brittany with the tattoo that then goes missing.
Speaker 3: And Phoebe trying to get rich quick scheme?
Speaker 1: Yeah, which one was this one? Alano? Right? Right? And for a character that was so into being a witch and being like no, no, no, we're good witches. We're good witches. How are you doing something for personal gain?
Speaker 3: Rookie mistake?
Speaker 1: Immediately immediately like that bothered me too. I was like, wait a second, they don't make that character like so so elfish right off the bat because the people it might impact.
Speaker 3: How it feels like brand to me too, that girls care about shoes and expensive dresses, like I said, shoes, Like Piper doesn't care about shoes. Have you seen her shoes? And again we couldn't say that crew had really good shoes.
Speaker 1: You had really good shoes yesterday And it was like a close up with my feet and I were wearing these Leopard duche Gabana shoes, and I was like, I still have them, and I do. They're in my shoe closet.
Speaker 3: We could have auctioned them off.
Speaker 1: I'm never getting Okay. Ever, they're like my favorite shoes. They would go for a lot. I'm just saying I sh that I can't fit into anymore because I was a size like double zero back then. So regardless of how you know much weight I lose from chemo and stuff, I'm never going to be that size again.
Speaker 4: Quock question, So can we go back to the andy bit for a second. So after we's a dress that you guys have.
Speaker 1: You know done it? You've done it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you want to take a step back.
Speaker 1: But he calls you. He gets your number out of nowhere and just calls you. Yeah, and his excuse is that he's a detective or an inspector. I wrote red flag number two on that flag number two, I agree.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Like, just don't call someone without like getting their permission to have their number or.
Speaker 1: Just show up at their house. No, that's clog number three.
Speaker 4: When he burst into the kitchen.
Speaker 1: A lot of red flags, it felt, yes, it felt very stalker ish of like, why aren't you taking the hint, taking the hint, like if I keep saying, listen, my life is really complicated right now, slow down, you know I'll call you, don't call me?
Speaker 3: Essentially, why don't you hear that?
Speaker 1: And why being an inspector and everything else, is he not realizing, like, be a detective him, realize that Prue was not one hundred percent in you know, you have a woman, wake up early in the morning, toss your alarm out the window. That's a pretty big hint. She doesn't want to hang out with you necessarily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, struggling a little bit with her decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know preu was never good with men is a funny thing, and I think that's because Shannon did not want to kiss a bunch of strangers. Yeah, probably so someone not Brad, but someone actually paid attention to that and just stopped trying to give Prue a bunch of boyfriends, which was great for me.
Speaker 4: I was pretty hard on Andy the first go around, But as I'm watching these, I'm realizing, like he's actually his intuition when it accept when it comes to you, it is actually pretty spot on.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. I mean, at the end of this episode is pretty obvious that people are lying. True, because he knew all the time, the whole time, he knew it's probably a demon. Ooh, he's probably a demon.
Speaker 1: Oh what if he was a demon? I don't know.
Speaker 3: We should bring him on and ask him what he feels about being a demon and how he felt about leaving.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's how they came up with the Coal thing later. Maybe they always intended for Andy to be a demon, but because of whatever reason, they got rid of Andy on the show, and because they knew I didn't want to make out with weird people or strangers that they then later brought Coal on.
Speaker 3: Huh, you were very ahead of your time. Actually, there are people. There are actors that refused to kiss on screen now, like not just like love scenes, but like who refuse to do kissing scenes.
Speaker 1: You know. I did a movie and one of one of the male lead basically we had a kissing scene and I swear to god, he kept putting his tongue in my mouth, and I was like, this is disgusting. Like I don't know where his tongue has been, Like I don't know his history, Like nobody showed me his antonio. No I thought I saw Tony There, No, that was on the show. You did another movie with him before that? I did, No, there was no tongue with Antonio. He's very respectful. He's a respectful actor. This other guy who will go unnamed, and I actually had to, like, I said to him after the first take, like, hey, don't stick your tongue in my mouth. It's not okay. Man. I had a boyfriend. I was like, this is just not sanitary. And then he kept doing it and I had to stop. And I went over to the director, who I loved, and I was like, dude, he keeps on putting his tongue in my mouth and I can't handle it anymore. And the director was like, are you kidding me? He was older, old school, and so he took him aside and said, I'm going to tell you right now, if you stick your tongue in her mouth one more time, she's probably going to hit you and we will all applod And so he stopped doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to figure out who it is.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell you later. I am dB.
Speaker 3: I had one actor ask me if it was okay?
Speaker 1: Did you say no?
Speaker 3: Said yes. I thought it would be more realistic that way.
Speaker 1: Is that wrong? Or he was a very nice man.
Speaker 3: It wasn't Leo, Man boy, it was not Leo. He didn't ask.
Speaker 1: You guys, did I mean, you have so many makeouts, say.
Speaker 2: One slip Tongue were old people kissers, we were mouth closed.
Speaker 3: Not according to Beth, not according to Beth.
Speaker 1: Differently, but over time, don't you just get lazy about it? Like over time you're just like yeah, like yeah, no, are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I'm smoking a pack of Marlborough Life Et, some diet coke and eating craft service.
Speaker 1: Holly wanted no part of it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're ruining it for the people. Speaking speaking of Andy who auditioned for Andy, who auditioned for Andy?
Speaker 1: Oh, I had an audition for Andy initially.
Speaker 3: Now you see him a little differently, don't you.
Speaker 1: I'm like, he's so glad he didn't get that bar. He would have been off the show. The Tongue knows absolutely so wrong.
Speaker 3: I am just the thought of it, just blushing.
Speaker 1: You're both blesh. The fans are crushed, all right. So Brittany goes Brittany with the anti So she goes missing.
Speaker 3: Leo had a thing for Prue. What else is new?
Speaker 1: And it turns out that there's been like four other abductions. Is that it like women missing? Right? And then we have your whole church you struggling. I win.
Speaker 3: I win that struggle.
Speaker 1: My favorite part of the of the episode was your struggle because it was just so real. It was I don't know, I should not compliment you as much.
Speaker 4: Wait real talk. Would you if you guys found out, like if this was real life for a second and you, Shannon, you Holly had found out that you'd been kind of blessed with these real powers, how do you think you'd react?
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't accept them as quickly as we did. I would struggle with it a little bit more. I don't know. I probably wouldn't lock my doors, I wouldn't have a security system. I would be a lot more relaxed, because you know, I would know that I could defend myself against anything by moving them out of the kitchen. Okay, I literally killed demons on the show. Your power only got strong than when I was off the show because they had to make somebody strong. Yes, But had I stayed on, like it all would have been.
Speaker 3: You're going to give yourself powers?
Speaker 1: Now. Her power was growing from season one to season three, like insane the stunts that I did, Yes, all right, yeah, just go like this and blow people up a lot. Hally's reaction, I think is probably the most realistic and grounded. At least. Piper's reaction was like whereat agreed, because she stayed worried about the impact more than the rest of us, And I.
Speaker 4: Think it's something that she struggles with throughout the first couple of seasons. It's like this, You're constantly Yeah, there was a time when you kind of wanted to let be.
Speaker 3: It's the whole show, the whole show only Oh sorry.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen much of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he never watched before he got on the show, so it's all new to him.
Speaker 1: Well neither did I.
Speaker 3: I get it all new to you.
Speaker 1: First time. So then we have like the Buckland auction House where I interviewed for the job. You're right, I interviewed for it. Like why did Pru have that phone call in the elevator? Why did she even take in?
Speaker 2: Hey, when people do that, people are like loud on the phone in the elevator, right, or or like in line at the grocery store.
Speaker 1: Like wahlah wah, wah, like you know, it was. It was weird because it's someone who was kind of avoiding Andy to then pick up his phone call right before she walks into an interview and in an elevator that's crowded with all men. That just felt really weird to me. And it was kind of the first so I saw pro use her powers for personal gain because she made the elevator go up to her floor.
Speaker 3: That's right, Oh oops, good catch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yet and yet you get all over Phoebe for oh Brad Kern. Yeah, so wicked.
Speaker 4: When you get in the elevator, there's like three dudes, and then like we cut inside the elevator, it's packed with like six more guys. So there's now nine guys.
Speaker 3: It feels like a red Current moment as well.
Speaker 1: Nine guys in an elevator. So she gets offered the job there after the second interview, I am still like, I understand that Rex and his partner in Bucklin. I know it was played by Lee, but I can't remember the character name. But when like the paint can falls and she does like this, but they're not because I can't freeze you can, and they're standing there watching this waterfall and this super weird direction, and I was like, that could have been more subtle.
Speaker 3: It's the special effects we had at the time. I mean they should have just kind of like splashed it the other way, like practically splashed it instead of doing a visual effect, and then it just would have landed further away. But that's just me.
Speaker 1: Right, So she gets the job after doing that because they're like, yes, she's a witch.
Speaker 4: But also I think partially that and partially it was the like how charming you were in the elevator with the nine guys, Like that's the kind of the bit where we don't like, that's the kind of the fun misdirect. The guy you're standing next to happens to be your future boss. Yeah, but he's not in like boss clothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's even more so Brad Kerrn. Every time we want to talk about Brad but don't want to talk about him, we're going to call him the Nine Guys in an Elevator.
Speaker 1: Nine Guys in an Elevator and Rex was played by Neil Roberts, who loved I thought he was great. I liked scenes with him. He's fantastic and he was so pleasant on set, really professional and knew what he was doing, so he's really come on the show. I hope he does. He's very funny, he's great, he's eager to come back good. You know.
Speaker 2: In that same thing with the paint can, it's like, okay, so you got paint up there on the thing, but then you have precious art sitting leaning against the wall right next to it.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, there's some holes there, for sure, Shimore slump with this app but it was established immediately and I didn't catch it at the time. But they are clearly aware of your powers, right, But like you don't even think about it really because it's so quick and subtle.
Speaker 1: Right, and it's just like a reaction that she has just to throw away.
Speaker 4: The character's name's Hannah and she it's like almost it feels like a throwaway type of thing, only to like to be fleshed out eight ten episodes later where we kind of ultimately get where we're going to go with them. But like I didn't catch it the first time, and obviously this time you're like, oh wait there, this is the whole thing's kind of a setup from the from the get go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it feels like it is. Yeah, it is. You know, skipping to future episodes.
Speaker 4: It is a setup, guys, just spoiler.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen the show, give me go, like back to Quake mm hmm. And Phoebe naturally starts flirting with some guy who's a famous photographer who she describes to as like really new York looking. Yeah, She's like when she's like, is that guy still look at me? He's this he's that very new York and you like, you're like what.
Speaker 3: I do like the restaurant scenes because you know, Piper in the kitchen when you guys are arguing is the most Piper is Piper of them all and that's where her personality really came out of that kitchen. I just love the fact that he's that stuff. The photographer is like, have you ever thought of modeling? Like, I would love to take photos of you?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, back then in the nineties, the models were all like five eleven six feet tall, Like when like, don't you become suspicious when you're you know, like five to one or howe or top five to two and somebody says like, oh, come to my studio. I would you know you seem like a model. I feel he's also a red flag. Yes, I'm basically I'm missing about nine inches, Buddy Hallewel sisters are not good at red flags.
Speaker 4: But Stefan Yeah, that deep baritone voice and the eye locking who like locks in and you know he says it right in front of the girl he's on a date. Yeah, he's an animal. These guys are literally a monster savage.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And who does he turn into Javna?
Speaker 3: I could I could do without Javna for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: Sure, but we have to so before we get to job, like we realize because the girl storms off, he plants the seed with Phoebe right, and then we cut to his his layer, his studio that's playing like a porn soundtrack with like an electric guitar and with neon Yeah, an electric guitar, neon riff and.
Speaker 1: And he's got the woman tied up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, how like, how mean that they put these actresses on this like slab where everything sort of expands? You know. I was like, and we watched it together and we were like, oh, that's not pretty, Like there's there's and these girls were like thin, right, So it's it's by no fault of theirs. It's the way that it was shot, the angle that they were at, and being on this sort of hard slab literally does something to your body. It's you know why when you have sex you should do certain positions.
Speaker 3: I have questions, have questions about these camera angles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was not a good one. That was really really really bad. So he like zaps her. You know, we see him as Djabna, which is this ancient It's just like an.
Speaker 4: Ancient warlock guy who you know, apparently Steffan is this gorgeous you know, former male model turned photographer, but in order to keep his looks, he's got to like prey on the beauty of the youth. So he lures these women into his photography layer electric layer, And.
Speaker 1: Why does they lure men? That's true, he can lure either one. He sound like he's hooking up with them. I mean I could see him luring you. I would have been at some point stuff on.
Speaker 4: You would have shot your model me too.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about it. I'll meet you at your layer, can get in the course like it just yeah, I mean, wow, what a different time it was back then, you know, time to be alive?
Speaker 4: Really, what a fucking time to be alive?
Speaker 1: But also the laser beams coming out of you.
Speaker 3: That was so unnecessary, as well as the waterfall. See this is when we both should have been producing and directing then, because these things would have never happened.
Speaker 1: What waterfall we say, paint water that you were doomed doing that one. But we'll talk about that when we get to it. So, you know, then we're at the newstand where Phoebe helps the old couple by giving them the lotto numbers and giving herself the lotto numbers, thinking that she's going to win ten million dollars personal gain never okay.
Speaker 4: Question though, because she has the premonition, it's like, you know, we learned later that it doesn't. She can't choose when to have it or when to not have it. So the fact is like that's kind of also a little bit of a story holder because she touches it and she's given this premonition of what the numbers are, so clearly there's a part of her. It's not like she could just do that and turn it on right, So was the whole point of that premonition initially just to help out this old couple who's yes, right, And then she takes advantage of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the whole thing about the Sisters, right, is that we're there to help protect the innercy protect the innocent, or just help the innocent. And these were two old people who clearly needed help. They were, you know, struggling financially. So yeah, that was to help them and give them an easy rest their lives.
Speaker 4: And then she then you're right, it's the play. The way it's played is it's an afterthought. She like, oh, I'll take one of those two. Hm, also stealing from the old people, because yeah, because people have yeah, you have to.
Speaker 1: Say, right, so they don't get ten million, they get five million, correct, Okay, Wow, they'd be all amazed by how deep were going here, like this is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's just wrong, people, it's just plain wrong.
Speaker 1: It's wrong. So then we're back at Quake and we figure out that you can only freeze time for a certain period. And what's funny to me is that, like you can't unfreeze, not yet. It's all new to me, right, that's why. And that's when Andy follows me into the restaurant and stalks me again.
Speaker 3: Stock ran red flag number three, Red.
Speaker 4: Flag number three, but also his and we talked about in the first episode. I want to reiterate, I think his dynamic with Daryl with Morris, they're great together.
Speaker 1: They're amazing together.
Speaker 4: They really play well off each other. You can tell that it feels like a partnership. It actually feels like two buddy cops who like you know, this is how they went interact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were. They were really good together. Like Obviously, again, I didn't watch the show, so I only took it. I didn't really know what to think of their dynamic in the show, but since watching it, their dynamic was great there. My dynamic with tw was not as good. Say that because I don't think. I don't think that there was from what I've watched so far, I don't think that there was any palpable connection between the two of them. I didn't see that crazy chemistry on screen. And I really liked TW like I thought he was a great guy. Are you talking about between Prue and Andy? Yes, there totally is. There's no chemistry. There is.
Speaker 3: I say that all the time about me and b K and there's people say there's chemistry. You guys are really good actors. Okay, bes did.
Speaker 1: She's seen that? Look once or twice, right.
Speaker 4: Right, da comes in, you freeze the thing. Then we're but so we have to go back quickly to touch on the woman who like how we get to the point where we know what Javna is doing.
Speaker 1: Well, that's after the whole freezing thing in the restaurant.
Speaker 4: But the woman at the beginning, right, So when we first because we talked about the tattoo thing on the hand, but we didn't like genify the beginning of the show. Right, there's this woman who works at Quake who has a hand tattoo.
Speaker 1: She does not work it quake.
Speaker 3: So they don't die, they just get old.
Speaker 1: That's either the men he's gone, yeah, and it's it's the hand. Does she work there?
Speaker 3: I think she's just a regular.
Speaker 4: Okay, so she's a regular, but there's a it's a focus on her hand tattoo, which is so unusual of the time, right, And so we don't see her, but then you run into her, pipe runs into her on the street outside church.
Speaker 1: She's she's doing her good stuff to counteract being a witch. She's like bringing food to the church and she's going back. I think that happened before we became witches. That was a normal thing. Just well, yeah, I mean Phoebe tells you that you are always doing good for people. Yeah, so I think you're right. So you're at the church again and you see her with the tattoo and you're like, Brittany Britney, and then you bring her home because this woman doesn't know who she is or where.
Speaker 3: She's a puppy as one does.
Speaker 1: Yes, and she sees like a note with Stefan's address on it and collapses. We're all the way upstairs in the attic and for some reason we hear this collapse.
Speaker 4: Well, Brittany was tall, Brittany was a five to eleven model, true, true.
Speaker 1: True, Yes, she's clutching the napkin from Quake with the address, and you instantly are like, that's Stefan's address.
Speaker 3: She needed life alert, which is.
Speaker 2: Kind of amazing because Phoebe took the napkin with the address and then left the address at home and still drove to the place by the way the address like pinned.
Speaker 1: Up on the front on the board and like.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what happened. Piper found it on the floor, got a magnet and put it on the fridge, said, damn it feebe.
Speaker 1: That feels like a piper move.
Speaker 3: Jesus see, I can I can justify anything.
Speaker 1: Watch, it's great. You found it.
Speaker 4: Maybe like dropped it as she was leaving because she was so excited about her photo shoot with stuff. Yes, you put it up, you go upstairs, but you still have Brittany just you leave her downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we don't realize that set stuff on is Javna because we don't know who Javna is. We just know that Brittany is horrified by Stephan's.
Speaker 3: And she got old. But I saw it in the Book of Shadows already, did you booch by the way, when you do your hand thingy and it has all the thingies on it, all the animals that look better than the eyeballs. Like, we didn't need books, right, that's me producing again, we don't need glowing eyeballs. Again, How do you know about Javna? Like, how do we get there in the book? I read about it in the book because I was lamenting about my situation in life. So I was doing some reading, just some like.
Speaker 4: Reas we really do share a brain.
Speaker 1: You sort of figure it out because of Brittany, the book, the address you put it all together, and we run to the studio where Phoebe thought that her modeling career was going to take off. And meanwhile he ties her up to that weird slab thing.
Speaker 4: And it's on the soundtrack, puts on the soundtrack, trying.
Speaker 1: To take her youth for himself with his weird eyes, and we storm in.
Speaker 3: And we did storm in. Well you did break the door in, I'll give you that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he thinks I'm also the one who kills him with my hand thing. Yeah, well you were holding the piece of paper, so with his address now with a spell. Yes, that's when we first started reading spells off paper and we were new to the game. So I'm okay with that too, watch me go. That was good. So once we kill him, Brittany wakes up and returns to her youthful, beautiful self.
Speaker 5: But also Andy shows up simultaneously because they figure out it's Javna correct that Stefan is the one doing it. How did they How did they figure that out?
Speaker 3: They saw pictures of him outside the restaurant. They were staking out the restaurant. So they show that they're good detectives in this episode. Yeah, so far, so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, as a police detective slash inspector. You go to a studio where you're your number one suspect of being a serial killer is and you're obsessed with like why Pru is there?
Speaker 3: Yes, because he's a stalker. I don't know how many more flags you need?
Speaker 4: Wait in a second, hold on, in all fairness, I got it. I can't believe this is happening. I mean Andy, like the love of his life is there, Like he's nervous, he's worried, Like, what are you doing here?
Speaker 1: This guy's he has a job, and his job is to save women's lives. To go inside that warehouse, do a full inspection, that's what he's an inspector, Morris, go handle that. I got my girl here, just making sure she's okay. But he had already left the stakeout to go hunt me down in the restaurant.
Speaker 3: Like, it's just he's in the kitchen. That's a health code violation. But I know these things. I know these things now, Oh, cruise in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Ten minutes too, geez.
Speaker 3: Healths in quick ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And he showed up with lights of blazing too, like he was at a crime scene right to interview a guy, right, but he's.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, there's Prue. Let me ditch everything for Prue. I'm telling you. He's like, hey, what's up? Just you know, and by the way, our excuses that he buys are ridiculous, where I'm like, oh, you know, we came to pick up Phoebe for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: No, she had car trouble. She had car trouble. Yeah, And then he turns on the van, which why is she driving my serial killer van? I can tell you, but she is, oh, because she has no car. But I have a car. I have a Jeep. Why is she driving? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just think there were a lot of holes in this episode.
Speaker 4: It wasn't the best episode, but I think it suffers from its two things. It suffers from how incredible the pilot was, so no matter what we're watching, like it's so hard to follow that, like the brilliance of the pilot up with something. And also it got away from what made the pilot so special in regards to the dynamics and the relationships that we kind of like instantly latch onto. So and like the you know, the Demon's also kind of lame, like he's kind of laying a great point, like why can't he take dudes too?
Speaker 1: Why is he right? Why is it only women? Why not children? Don't they have more youth to get It's even smarter. Thank you for us poking holes and making it better. We can reshoot this one, you know what I'm going to say. Something that I loved about the episode was when you get the courage to go into the church and like your enthusiasm for not being struck down by lightning or whatever. I thought that was so cute and so happy, and it was like contagious, Like as a viewer of it, I cheered for you.
Speaker 3: That's the moment I told you it was really hard to do. For me, yes, I know, very hard to do. And John Kreeshwurz said before he was like, you know, you did this little chaplain movement when you open the.
Speaker 1: Door, and I was like your leg going out.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, the door was just really heavy, like that was actually going to happen. It was a really heavy door.
Speaker 4: But you played it brilliantly for real, and it felt grounded.
Speaker 1: It felt real.
Speaker 4: It didn't feel there was a single moment that it didn't feel authentic.
Speaker 3: I'm just glad they knew me well enough to put me back into the drama immediately and put Britney walking by. There was a short lived moment of levity and then Brittany and I'm like, oh no, Brittany, what happened? I've fallen in I can't get.
Speaker 1: Up far better at the levity than you give yourself credit for. It's very cringy. Yeah, but I think you got more comfortable as the show went on with the levity for sure, a little bit. I think you can see it. You can see how you progressed as an actor, where you just sort of started letting go and not holding onto the drama as much as the world turns.
Speaker 3: Yes, well these are the days of our lives.
Speaker 1: They are. Yeah, interesting episode, and it's not like we're bashing it. It's still, you know, entertaining it. Just it just had some weird disconnects. Hashtag sophomore slump, hashtags off more slump. Here's what I came away with. I had the best shoes more true. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Keep sick you did, and I had some very questionable outfits happening Grandma, Grandma piper Man.
Speaker 1: I actually thought that you were I think I think it was later that you turned into more Grandma Piper. It's when I wasn't there anymore to be to look at you and be like, h, that's not get and sweater sets no. But but you were also always wearing tight pants.
Speaker 3: Very tight. That's the only thing they could get me into.
Speaker 1: And I leave. Guys. Yeah, that were your personal Yeah, and they looked good on YouTube. Thanks, you're welcome. All right. Well, so that's what we're taking away from episode to house A hallowell bye, guys, Hi sures