Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is verdict with Senator Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you, Senator, I got to say, there's some polling numbers that have come out that are shocking to even me and many other conservatives of just how big of a victory the issues have become for Donald Trump with the country.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right. But let me stop by saying, you know, Friday's podcast, for the first time ever, we had to cancel the podcast because you were sick, and so we did a rerun of our Christmas Day podcast of my favorite movies because you were in bed, curled up, hacking up along. So so let me ask you a couple of days later, how you feeling.
Speaker 1: I survived.
Speaker 2: I've not been I think I texted you, I have not been that sick in twenty five years. It was four days in a row of one hundred and three fever from the flu. So this year's flu is no joke. If you get it. God be with you, because I rarely miss a show and power through and there was no way I could do the show. So thanks you guys for bearing with me on Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you enjoyed the movie recommendations but I felt bad. I was ready to go, but Ben was was miserable and unconscious. So I'm glad to have you back. Welcome back, and and you know, and you're still hurting a little bit, but but I'm glad if we have a moment in the pause pod where things pause, it will be because he's still coughing up along. But very accurate. And it's moments like this. I'm glad that some of these episodes we do remotely because no offense. But I don't really want your coughee on me right now.
Speaker 2: That's that's also very accurate. Various student medical advice.
Speaker 1: There, I like it.
Speaker 3: There you go that that would be all my years in medicare all right, So let's talk about the substance, because we had a lot to talk about. Number one. As you pointed out, we are seeing a sea change in this country. We're one month into the Trump presidency, and I got to say, the polling numbers, the American people are embracing it a common sense conservative agenda, and the media, the corporate media, they don't know what to do with it, and the Democrats they don't know what to do with it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Part of it is because we're seeing real results. And one of the things that we're going to talk about today are the incredible results we're seeing on the border. Look, I said last year, over and over again, we're going to secure the border. And it's not going to take a year, it's not going to take six months. It is going to happen on January twentieth. Well, i'll tell you what the numbers have back that up. We have seen the illegal immigration plummet. We're going to break that down for you and give you the facts and figures on that. And then finally, Doze Doze every day continues to be breathtaking, uncovering more and more government waste. And to watch the Democrats run around like chickens with their heads cut off defending all this nonsense is is really astonishing. I got to say. The President asked a while ago, he said, we're going to win so much, you're gonna get tired of winning. I got to tell you, Ben right now, I'm not tired of winning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the majority of Americans in this new poll that we're mentioning, yeah, they're not tired of winning yet.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you real quick about our friends over at the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. After more than a year of war, tear and pain in Israel, there is still a great demand for basic humanitarian aid. The International Fellowship of Christians and Jews has supported and continues to support those in the Holy Land still facing the lingering horrors of war, and those who are in desperate need right now. Your gift today will provide critically needed aid to communities in the North and the South that have been devastated by the ongoing war, and your generous donation will deliver to help those not only that are in need, but also the evacuees and refugees from the war torn areas, first responders and volunteers, wounded soldiers, and even elderly Holocaust survivors. They need our help because many of them have lost everything. You can give hope during a time of great uncertainty. So to give a gift to bless Israel and her people, you can do it by visiting support IFCJ dot org. That's one word support, IFCJ dot org. You can even call them eight eight eight for eight eight IFCJ that's eight eight eight four eight eight, IFCJ triple eight four eight eight four, three, two five, and you can help the people in Israel today. So, Senator, there's certain points where the President has been pushing different agenda items and the media takes the opportunity to really come down on him and basically do what they've done for years, which is, well, you Americans don't want to be a part of this. And now the poll numbers are showing that the media is having virtually no influence on the public, and the public is backing Trump now more than ever.
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out common sense is a lot more common than the media was telling us. And I want you to listen to this clip on ABC with John Nathan Carl and he's interviewing at Keem Jeffries, and you need to picture this is Kim Jeffries, the leader of the Democrats in the House. Jonathan carl is going to ask him about the polling numbers, talking about how the American people are supporting the Trump agenda, the common sense conservative agenda in big numbers, and at the end of it, Jeffries has no answer whatsoever. So listen, this is not me, this is not you, This is ABC News talking about where the American people are right now.
Speaker 4: Donald Trump's favorability rating is actually higher than it ever was the first time round.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you.
Speaker 4: A recent poll by Marquette looked at several of the things that he has done or says that he is going to do, and sixty three percent favor federal government's recognition of only two sexes. Sixty percent favored deporting immigrants who entered the United States illegally, sixty percent favor expanding oil and gas production, fifty nine percent favored declaring an emergency at the southern border. Is there anything you are seeing that the Trump is doing that you are in favor of, that you think is the right thing?
Speaker 3: Let me say, as it relates to all of those issues, we're just at the beginning.
Speaker 2: We're just at the beginning. So that's my answer. And Jonathan Carl's face was actually hilarious there because.
Speaker 3: You no, no, keen. Jeffrey's face was funnier. Yeah, because because when Carl asks him, Jeffreys is shocked and astonished. He goes through the American people sixty plus percenter agreeing with Trump on X, Y Z all these issues. Is there anything he's doing that's right now? If you're the leader of the Democrats in the House, What the hell do you say about that? Like, he had no response other the well, it's just the beginning. I'm hoping something will go bad and then we'll cheer that. Like it is sixty three percent favor of the government recognizing only two sexes. Those are not close numbers. Sixty three percent is a super majority any way you look at it. Sixty percent favor deporting illegal illegal aliens, sixty percent favor expanding oil and gas production, fifty nine percent favor declaring an emergency on the southern border. Those are compelling numbers. And it's an example of look my way, Can we.
Speaker 2: Talk poll numbers just for a second so people understand in politics, Like when I was at the Bush administration, we were on the campaign. If you had a poll on something we wanted that was above fifty three percent, that was like a home run. If you were at fifty five percent or above, it was like a mandate. I have not seen sixty percent polls like these in decades, have you?
Speaker 1: On these types of issues?
Speaker 3: And to see ABC reporting on it, and you're right, Jonathan carl is very dismayed to be reporting on it. He's shaking his head but a king Jefferies looks like he's filming a hostage video. He's just terrified. Why are you asking me this? Because he doesn't want to say no, I don't agree with Trump on anything, because when you're on the wrong side of a bunch of sixty forty issues, that's a recipe to lose elections. But he doesn't want to say yes, I agree with Trump on anything because his base hates Trump so much they'll lose their mind and go nuts. So all he can say is, well, it's just the beginning. I hope things will go wrong and then we can celebrate the things are going wrong.
Speaker 2: It is astounding astonishing. I should say that this is now where we are. But this turns into what I call a mandate, a supermandate, and it just means keep going Trump, keep going, Republicans. What does this do to some of your colleagues who maybe didn't want to go along with some of these types of things when they see these poll numbers. Is it's going to make it easier to get things done in Congress as well? I would hope so.
Speaker 3: Well, it certainly should. And by the way, I'll tell you, historically, for the last four years, every Democrat voted on the wrong side of these issues. On the question of are there two sexes male and female? Every single Democrat the Senate voted over and over and over again. On the question of deporting illegals. Every Democrat and the Senate voted no over and over and over again. On the question of more oil and gas exploration, Virtually every Democrat, actually Joe Manchin would vote yes occasionally, Joe Manchin isn't there anymore. So every Democrat that remains in the Senate has voted no over and over and over again. On the question of declaring an emergency on the southern border, again, every Democrat voted no. And so the Democrat Party, listen, they're in a crisis. If you're on the wrong side of sixty forty issues across the board. Well, that's how you get the kind of election we had November. That's how you get a president elected with more than three hundred electoral votes. That's how you get a president who of the seven swing states wins all seven. That's how you get a Republican Senate and a Republican House. Because the Democrats on the issues, they're not listening to the American people. They're listening to the crazy fringe, and I don't see a whole lot of indication that they're you know, it's a fascinating question, is are there Democrats in the party who say, gosh, we've gotten so far out of the mainstream, we're really we're really listening to to just a fringe. Let's get back to the middle. They're one or two people saying that. But I got to say, all right, I want you to listen to James Carville. James Carvill is a Democrat through and through. Listen to what James Carville had to say about his party just just completely getting so extreme that they leave the American people behind. He's really upset about it. Here are the words Carville is quoted online is saying, we don't have the audio, but we have the words. And look, I'll give a warning. Carville's language as always colorful. That it is here, but here here's how he's quoted quote, I dedicated the best years of my f and life to this party, only to see it taken over by a bunch of stupid mfers. Everything's gone to s. By the way, he did not abbreviate any of those and if you look at the tweet that is particularly circulating online. It says Carvill is especially livid following the DNC leadership election, reportedly saying quote, who are these people? This David hog guy and that other sissy referring to Malcolm Knyata come out of the gd left field? Well there goes the mail vote forever. Thanks guys, We're ft and we deserve it. That's James Carville's assessment of where the Democrat Party is right.
Speaker 2: Now, based on the poll numbers that we're seeing. He's not far off, by the way from reality. I mean, if he's an honest broker, I've known James for years. You have as well, Like he's this is the assessment. I think he's spot on with where the Democratic Party is. And they still don't seem to understand where that this is how far they are away from the American people.
Speaker 1: That's a blessing disguise for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they are not listening to reality. But look, let's look at the facts. Let's take the facts.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Here's the headline from the New York Post just a couple of days ago, quote Illegal border crossings hit record low after Trump's swift crackdown and could be on track for levels not seen in sixty years. Wow, the numbers are stunning. So far in February, about three hundred and fifty nine illegal migrants per day have been caught across the entire southern border, down more than ninety percent nine zero from February twenty twenty four. According to leaked Customs and Border Protection data, that puts the US on track to have the lowest monthly border crossings in at least twenty five years. If the trend continues, the number of illegal migrants coming into the US could hit a level not seen since nineteen sixty eight, nearly sixty years ago. Here's a quote from Mark Korrian, who runs the Center for Imigration Studies. It's the lowest the US has seen, quote in almost a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 3: If you kind of break down the numbers, divide them by three sixty five, we hadn't had numbers this low since the nineteen sixties, So we're talking sixty year lows if it's substained. Obviously, the CPP data shows that just three nine hundred and fifty three illegal migrants have been caught this month through February eleventh. If that trend continues through the month, that would put the February boarding crossings at roughly ten thousand, which is a number that hasn't been seen since CPBB began tracking month to month data in nineteen ninety nine. Ten thousand. Under Biden, we were getting ten thousand a day. We're on track for that to be the total monthly traffic. And that's just in the very first month.
Speaker 1: It's a momentum thing, now right.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've got to feel that, I'm sure on Capitol Hill, which is we've just gotten started. The American people behind us, and we're recruiting a bigger audience that's cheering this on each and every day.
Speaker 3: Well, look, this election, President Trump and Republicans in the Senate and the House promise the American people real results. And you look at what was promised. Number one, we promised we are going to secure the border. And remember repeatedly Joe Biden said, first of all, he said the Border of Security, said it over and over and over again. People knew that was a lie. And then he said, well it's impossible to fix it. Look, I want you it's up to Congress. I want you to listen to this clip from the National Border Patrol Council Vice President talking about Biden lying to the American people on this topic.
Speaker 1: Give a listen.
Speaker 5: You know, it's interesting because down on the southern border, there has also been a dramatic reduction in the number of people who are coming across the border.
Speaker 1: I want to put up call for number four here.
Speaker 5: This is a senior DHS official talking about that Chris delivering consequences has results. Illegal crossings are down, god aways are down, criminal prosecutions are on the rise. Daily reports of large groups in Mexico Guatemala turning back south and surrendering to authorities were questioned to go home, and we have only just begun policy matters. President Biden told us repeatedly, Chris that he had basically done all he could and that it was up to Congress to do more. What's happened in the last two and a half weeks would seem to suggest that Biden was just gaslighting everybody.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, it's unfortunate. I think, yeah, I don't know. I don't know who he thought he was fulling. I mean, Donto wasn't us. We knew what was going on the whole time. And you're right. The apprehension numbers have slowann to a crawl. Last night, I was actually working the river and you have the Mexican military patrolling their northern borders, so that slows down a lot of traffic coming our way. So things have changed a great deal. And this president has proven that he's a man of his word and can get it done. He actually gave President Biden then in Biden the roadmap.
Speaker 7: To do it.
Speaker 1: He just failed to failed to do it there. It is failed to do it right. That's what it boils down to.
Speaker 3: Well, and it was deliberate, it was a decision. And listen, Biden knew he was lying to the American people. Kamala Harris knew she was lying to the American people. Kareem John Pierre knew she was lying to the American people. Chuck Schumer knew he was lying to the American people. Every Democrat in the Senate, in the House, they knew they were lying to the American people. And it's because they elevated politics above their basic job of representing their constituents and protecting them. And listen, reasonable people can disagree, say on the right level of legal immigration. Some people might say we should allow more legal immigration. Other people might say we should allow less. That's a discussion reasonable and rational people can have. Let me ask you something seriously, Ben, Imagine for a second you're a Democrat strategist. So imagine you're a transgender witch and you are a complete lunatic and you have no reason even so you presumably want your team to win. I mean, one would think that would be sort of the basics if you're running a campaign. Sure, explain to me how a political party gets so far away from common sense in the American people that they decide, let's release multiple child rapists that raping kids. You know, apparently our constituents want child rapists in our community. And if you think, okay, come on, Ted, that's a little extreme. The Democrats are not doing this. I want you to listen about Bill Malujin. Bill Malugin is the best immigration reporter in the countries with Fox News. I want you to listen to this clip because this is exactly what the Democrat Party has been doing.
Speaker 7: Given listen, well, Dana, it's hard to believe there are any jurisdictions out there that wouldn't cooperate with Ice when it comes to illegal aliens charged with forcibly raping children. But in Massachusetts it's routine. Take a look at this case. ICE Boston just announcing they arrested this Guatemalan illegal alien charged in Massachusetts with three counts of aggravated child rape and three counts of forcible rape of a child. So the question is why was he on the streets right well, I says their detainer request on him was ignored by the Essex County Superior Court due to sanctuary policy.
Speaker 1: The locals released.
Speaker 7: Him into the community on bail without any notice to ICE. In a statement, the director of ICE Boston says, in part quote, Jose Fernando Perez has been charged with some horrific crimes against the minor in our commonwealth. He is exactly the type of alien we are targeting with our worst first policy. He posts a significant danger to the children of Massachusetts and we will not tolerate such a threat to our community. ICE Boston also announcing the arrest of this Turkish illegal alien charged in Massachusetts with a sultan battery against an intellectually disabled person and witness intimidation. But I says their detainer on him was also ignored by the sanctuary city of Somerville. He had also been released into the public elsewhere around the US. I Seattle arrested this Salvadoran illegal alien wanted in his home country for aggravated homicide. Here in Los Angeles, ICE arrested this Guatemalan illegal alien charged with sexual assault and rape with a gun. And in Colorado, the DEA announced their top ten arrests of illegal immigrants in recent days, including several affiliated with Trendya Arragua and others with egregious crimes like kidnapping, child sexual assault, and fentanyl trafficking and Dana. I was talking to a law enforcement source in Massachusetts about the child rape case that I reference, and I asked, like, there's got to be some sort of a catch here, right, forget about cooperating with ICE. How does somebody charge with so many counts of aggravated forcible child rape even get released on bail in the first place. The response I got was, quote, welcome to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Well send it back to you.
Speaker 1: Well, they're finally on their way out, thanks Bill.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. That's how much they hate Donald Trump. They don't care about these rapists. Running around among us.
Speaker 3: It really is shocking. And understand what is being reported there, which is that in Massachusetts, but also you're singing in Seattle. Also you're seeing in Colorado and across the country you have Democrats who have people who are violent child rapists, who are violently, horribly raping little children. And number one, these Democrats are releasing these child rapists. Now, these child rapists are illegal immigrants. They could be deported, but their politics of we want as many illegal immigrants as possible is more important than any sort of common sense of let's stop, let's stop horrible crimes against vulnerable kids. You know, there's a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche in Beyond Good and Evil which I think is really on point here, and it is quote, there is a point in the history of society when it becomes so pathologically soft and tender that, among other things, it sides even with those who harm it, criminals, And it does this quite seriously and honestly. Punishing somehow seems unfair to it. And it is certain that imagining punishment and being supposed to punish hurts it, arouses fear in it. Is it not enough to render him undangerous? Why still punish Punishing itself is terrible with this question heard morality, the morality of timidity draws its ultimate consequence.
Speaker 1: You say that, and you look at where we are.
Speaker 2: I still feel like we're in a position as Democrats refuse to move that More and more Americans, regardless of that they consider themselves an independent or a Democrat or Republican, are just looking at this issue as a national security issue, a local community safety issue, and that that's why this the support for it is so high we talked about in those poll numbers.
Speaker 3: I think that's right. Look, any you know a lot of people, most many normal people are not terribly political. They're they're focused on their family and their lives. But if you ask anyone who's not a moron or a radical, do you want child rapists released in your community? The answers no. If you ask most normal people, should we secure the border, they'll say yes. If you ask most normal people how many sexes are there, they're going to say too. Now, we've lived in a world where people were afraid to say they were two sexes because the Left they're so hectoring, they're they're they're they're so just a few years ago, they would silence you, they would cancel you. That that people were afraid to say up was up and down was down. And and I do think we're seeing the pay angelum swing back because people are tired of the crazy. They want less crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Doges for a second, given update there, because they're they're they're finding the crazy each and every day. They are continuing to find wasteful spending at numbers that I couldn't have imagined. I think a lot of people still can't believe how bad it is. A great example of that is they discovered one point nine billion, not million, one point nine billion in HUD money that was quote misplaced by the Biden administration this last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that they just simply lost it. And and and so Elon Musk and and also Scott Turner, the new new secretary of HUD. They're going to go try to try to get that back. You look at the EPA. The EPA says he's going to seek the return of twenty billion dollars in clean energy grants awarded by Biden. And I got to say, you know, we played on last week's pod reporters saying, well, gosh, we want evidence, show us the evidence. Well, here are a few examples of what DOZE is already discovered. Thirty six, one hundred and twenty six dollars from USCIS for quote Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and accessibility training for leadership and supervisors who manage teams. Two point eight six million dollars for quote a public relations firm contract for the Council for Inclusive Innovation at the Patent Office, which is to make sure women and minorities were no longer quote underrepresented as inventors and patentees. That's two point eight six million, thirty five thousand, three hundred and thirty eight dollars and fifty eight cents for quote Sri Lankan Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation and Resilience Coordinator services. You know who paid that, The US Forest Service. What the hell is the US Forest Service doing funding climate grants in Sri Lanka?
Speaker 2: The question everybody's asking, and you look at DOGE and how this continues to expand they're now saying they don't think they're gonna be able to find all the waste. It could take a year or a year and a half just to get through the waste.
Speaker 1: Is that a number that shocks you.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean there's massive waste. And I got to say it is striking to see Democrats in Congress they're defending all of it. I have not seen a single Democrat senator say, of any of this stuff, Okay, that's too much. I'm glad we're getting rid of it now. I will say it is fairly striking. Give a listen to the guys at Pod Save America, which are you know, the leftist bros Admitting that that dose is doing some real good and feeling some chagrin. Give a listen to this.
Speaker 8: And also, as much as I want to throw all of Trump's campaign promises in his face, like the price of eggs is not down, You've not ended the war in Ukraine, et cetera, et cetera, he said he do in twenty four hours. I think most voters get that it was a shtick and they're going to give him some time to actually get things done.
Speaker 9: Trump is like he is moving so fast. They are doing a lot. It's not just the perception of it. They hit the ground running in a serious way. It's like genuinely impressive, impressive in a dark and sinister way. But it's nonetheless impressive. And if you're turning on the news every day and hearing about all these different things Trump is doing and all the different criticisms coming out of it, you may not like all of it. But like in comparison how to how people felt about Joe Biden being basically absent. I imagine for a lot of people it's a welcome change.
Speaker 10: The energy, and he's signing things and he's affected all that. I think that is playing extraordinarily well.
Speaker 8: I don't want to seem like you're opposed to government efficiency, but obviously now they're just rampaging through like the government Venmo and shutting off.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying they're wrong.
Speaker 9: I'm just lamenting our situation.
Speaker 1: Me too, No, I love it.
Speaker 10: I felt the same way because I've seen the messaging memos and it's like, you know, the young young people gen Z they like Doge and what Elon's doing because you know, they don't see they see government as sclerog and inefficient, and they like the move fast and break things ethos and they want to get stuff done and they like the resultants Like yeah, we yes, of course we all want that. We all know that government is slow. We all know the government can be inefficient. We all know that the bureaucracy can be bloated. We all worked in the flight house. We tried to reorganize the government. We tried to find efficiency. It's hard to do, and honestly, some of.
Speaker 9: This is pretty annoying because it's some of the stuff we should have done, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, no, no, you could do some of this. You just got to talk sheen z to them. You're like, I could dig these doja cats.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that was horrible.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I can't say that they're wrong. I think they're They're at the point where they're like, we got to tell the truth.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 6: Been.
Speaker 3: The astonishing thing is pod Save America makes more sense than any Democrat in the US Congress. I have not heard a single Democrat saying that that, gosh, this spending is agreed to. No, I will will say, you notice they sort of reflexively tossed out egg prices. Yeah, let me give you a couple of stats that will blow you away. In the twenty five days since Trump's inauguration, how many times do you think CNN has mentioned egg prices?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's got to be I mean dozens and dozens forty five? Wow? All right.
Speaker 3: The twenty five days before the inauguration, how many times do you think CNN mentioned egg prices.
Speaker 1: And five or less? Zero? Wow?
Speaker 9: Zero?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: How about MSNBC, surely they're more ballanced. In the twenty five days since Trump's inauguration, how many times do they mention mentioned egg prices?
Speaker 1: Thirty? Eighty? Wow? All right?
Speaker 3: How about the twenty five days before inauguration? How many times they mentioned it?
Speaker 7: Zero?
Speaker 1: Are we gonna go zero?
Speaker 3: One one? I'll give the credits. It's eighty to one, and it's just listen. Suddenly they discovered, by the way, eggs were expensive before Trump was sworn in, and you know, we did have avian flu and they like slaughtered a whole bunch of chickens. So that is a problem because you know, I am not an e end biologist, but I'm pretty sure you need chickens to get eggs. So it is fascinating to see we're securing the border, we're cutting down massive government waste, we're getting wins, wins, wins, and the one thing the media has discovered is to start screaming eggs are expensive. Eggs are expensive. As if they apparently had never noticed it until Donald Trump took the oath of office.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the American people are paying a lot closer attention to all of this. That's why it's not working on them. And I also think the American people just don't trust the media anymore. It's going to be interesting to see how long that lasts, because if it keeps going the way it is right now, Democrats and the media are in serious trouble. Don't forget We do the show Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Hit that subscriber auto download button. Wherever you get this podcast, please write us a five star review, Share this podcast wherever you can on social media, and also grab my podcast, The Ben Ferguson Podcasts. I'll keep you up to date on the latest breaking news on those in between days and the Center, and I will see you back here Wednesday morning.