Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy football advice, speculation, and whatever stupid stuff they decided to drop into the show. Now here's your host, Paul Jarkion.
Speaker 1: It's our final three draft Fantasy Football Weekly. Joy me today, I final this is and next time we talk. Next time we talk, the first round will be in the books.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call you every day until the draft happens. Just so it's not the next time we talk.
Speaker 1: Well that could be. That's true. You and I will talk before that. Undoubtedly, doubtedly that's the voice of Scott Fish. You know him from the show. Obviously, it's good to have you back. You even't been on in like two months.
Speaker 3: I know, I know, it's it's it's good to be back. Thor has been absolutely crushing the rookie profiles, so like, there's that guy puts in an insane amount of work. So it's it's doesn't feel it feels like I don't want to deprive the listeners of thor By.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you're not doing the show as a courtesy to our listener.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's it. It has nothing to do with how busy I am at.
Speaker 1: All right getting all of your live drafts going and the all star.
Speaker 3: Live SFP Live drafts. Yeah, they start SFP Live Draft start June twenty ninth in Vegas, which I am contractually obligated to be at.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no.
Speaker 4: Not not that I'm being flowed to Vegas for draft, oh no.
Speaker 3: But they start June twenty ninth through July twenty first. There'll be thirty plus live events around six different countries and then slow drafts as well too. But it's going to be a fun time when it's in Barbados, let me know. Yeah, yeah, there's one in Barcelona, Spain.
Speaker 1: Is there? Oh? I like that.
Speaker 3: A friend of ours, Liz Los, is in Barcelona at the same time, coincidentally, so she might stop by.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be amazing unbelievable? This I want to mention at the outset, and this is going to be a very draft centric topic here. But Discord Channel. We've got our new, brand new Discord channel. You can get a link to it in the show notes. I can go to Discord look up Fantasy Football Weekly. But the link in the show notes is the easiest way to participate in a discord channel where you can respond to episodes, talk, ask questions, talk about the draft, whatever you want. It's all kinds of different topics. We've been talking whiskey, video games, all kinds of stuff on the Fantasy Football Weekly Discord channel. In the show notes topic today, Scott, we did a variation of this with free agency. I don't think you're on that show. I think it might have been me and Brian Well. We talked about the ideal landing spot for every free agent, very notable free agent. I want to do the ideal landing spot with the first round rookies, Okay, And it's less about being accurate, although I do want. Our goal is accuracy here. But it's like, if you could pick the perfect landing spot for each of the notable fantasy players, where would it be right. We've you and I have divved it up. You've got quarterbacks, I've got receivers. We don't think a running back is going to go in the first round.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know that one goes in the top fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be true. I mean it could be could be bottom of the second round. Before I think Trey Benson should be the first guy off the board. Okay, that'll be a different conversation for another show. But I'm really excited about him. And then we'll we'll work in a little brock Boers at the end. Maybe, Okay, since he'll go in the first round. For sure. You want to start a quarterback, you want to start with Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's about a billion different spots where Kayleb Williams.
Speaker 1: Would be perfect.
Speaker 3: Like, is it worth talking about anyone, anyone but the Bears because he's going to the Bears though, because like just be I mean he they they brought in Keenan Allen to be the slot and move around. They got DJ Moore. It's going to be a decent spot. They got pass catching running backs that are going to help.
Speaker 1: And another receiver probably that we'll talk about in a few minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say that's the other part that they need. They might take one, you know, at nine, or it's just such a deep draft class that they could probably get one later if they really really wanted to and they wanted to go somewhere else at nine. Honestly, it would have been a good spot for a Darnell Mooney type two for that third receiver. But they lost him in free agency for a team that backed up a little bit of a truck for him. So that's that's arguably the best spot because they're all in on him and they've been all in this offseason and trying to put weapons around him, and I think they'll continue to do so in the draft.
Speaker 1: So Caleb brings really all the traits that you want for success. This is he feels like he's the most sure thing quarterback since Joe Burrow and maybe Andrew Luck before him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Just I mean, his his arm strength may not be up there with Milton or may or Daniels like he's it's up there. He's still good, but his arm talent is just absurd. The throws he can make.
Speaker 1: For sure. I love all the big plays that he made at USC. Love the mobility that's going to create fantasy points ye for Caleb Williams. You know, will it take time and is there they're going to be you know they're going to be up and down seeah for sure. But at the end of the day, this looks like a tremendous landing spot for Caleb Williams and a great opportunity, and DJ Morre's value goes up. Ye, you know, all the all the all the Bears value goes up when you put it better, when you improve quarterback. Yep, gon me be tough, all right, All so that we don't do all quarterbacks and all wride receivers. Let's we'll alternate here. I'll go wide receiver next. Uh. The top wide receivers widely believed to be Marvin Harrison, but leak Neighbors is in that conversation. But I'm gonna do Harrison first just to sort of keep with consensus. But you can make a very valid case that Neighbors will go first or should go first.
Speaker 3: There are there are people very plugged in that say that there are teams with Neighbors ahead of Harrison on their personal drop boards.
Speaker 1: And it could be the Cardinals that pick four. I've got Harrison going to the Cardinals. Harrison brings crazy athleticism, tremendous ball skills. He's fast, he's not blazing, he's not trackstar fast, but he's asked footwork. You get the long frame, you get a ton of discipline that really seems to have come from his Dad, And you know I'm.
Speaker 3: Not always need to have and probably doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I mean, yes, Junior's just got more I think just size size trades. Yeah, absolutely. Now what Marvin doesn't have, he's lean, he's not as physical, He's not gonna help you as much in blocking, I think, but still the opportunity to hear for him to be great is very good. Dane Bruglu's got him as the second best player in the draft. I think the perfect landing spot for him is the Arizona Cardinals. Of course, probably right. So the current depth chart for the Cardinals, Wow, Michael Wilson, Chris Moore, Zach Pascal. So he walks right in.
Speaker 3: As much as right here there were glimmers three.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You know, I'm not a huge Kyler Murray fan, as you know, Scott, but he can power wide receivers to decent fantasy stats. Sure.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: He gave DeAndre Hopkins a fourteen hundred yard season a few years ago, you know, and Christian Kirk had a thousand yard season before he signed the big deal with Jacksonville. So you know, Murray's good enough here. And here's something I was doing little dig in this quietly the Cardinals offense sparked to life in the last five or so games of last year. Here's the points the Cardinals scored the final five weeks of last year twenty four, twenty nine, sixteen, thirty five, and twenty I mean those are real NFL offensive numbers there. So there were improvements over the course of last season. And maybe offensive coordinator Drew Petson gets better in his second year. And you know, there's a lot of opportunity. Harrison's super versatile, and the drops into the Cardinals at four is a perfect landing spot for a team that needs it.
Speaker 3: Sounds like Jonathan Gannon finally got those poo poo pooh pooh explosions at the.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go back to the quarterback. Which quarterback do you want to hit on next? And what's the perfect landing?
Speaker 3: So this I'm gonna start with Jaden Daniels. But a fun thing that's been talked about over the last day or two is that Jade and Daniels was far and away the favorite to go to Washington at pick two. The odds as of two days ago were minus two seventy five to plus one seventy five. Now with Drake may Now on FanDuel they are daddy even, and same with Bavada MGM, they're almost dad even.
Speaker 1: I like may Better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I can absolutely understand that.
Speaker 1: Necessarily for fantasy, just to be clear, because because the right, the rushing upside that Jade Daniels gives you makes him the first player take.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna stay. I'm going to start. I also like may Better, but not for fantasy, but I'm going to start with Jayden and Daniels here because I do think the better fit for him, and I'm not sure Washington totally agrees, but is Washington. I think they picked up zach Ertz to you know, take to help out the quarterback. I think they picked up Austin Eckler to catch passes to help out the quarterback. Uh I, And Jen Daniels is very good at extending plays, getting out of the pocket. With those weapons, they're not going to be able to spy on Jade Daniels as much, and he's gonna be able to make those plays with his legs. He's got Terry McLaurin and he's got Johan Dotson. I think it's just and I think Washington almost telegraphed what they were gonna do by signing Marcus Mariota as their backup.
Speaker 1: There maybe a little bit another mobile yeah, another mobile quarter Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who can play in the similar scheme.
Speaker 1: And that Ratty Washington offensive line. You know, Daniels gives you that opportunity to run away from the rush that destroyed the I actually wrote that down.
Speaker 3: How many sacks that's sack Sam Howell have last year and uh Jen Daniels was very good under pressure last year. He had super high completion rate. I think that's probably like the best pairing that that should happen for Daniels there.
Speaker 1: Dan, There are things that worry me about Daniels, absolutely, but from a fantasy standpoint, he he looks. I love the deep ball. Those are the fantasy important The mobility is obviously amazing.
Speaker 3: So Daniels, especially with a Johan Dotson, could test catch level.
Speaker 1: Got yes for fantasy purposes. First pick dynasty league where you are in a super flex, I think Jayden Daniels is the quarterback I'm taking.
Speaker 3: So I just okay, yeah, he went. So I just did a super flex mock draft, a rookie mock draft with like like all the people you expected Danny Kelly from the ringer, Matthew Berry, like JJ, Zacharyes and Ian Hard. It's like a lot of names. And I had the first pick and I did take Caleb Williams, but I really really did consider Jayden Daniels for the rushing aspect that he takes so many dang hits. He's got to learn to not take hits. I know he has held up to it so far, but these are NFL sized players that can really hit. I'm a little worried about that. I think Daniels went like third and that like it. I think it was so Williams, Williams, Marvin Harrison, and then somewhere decided, Yep, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: If it super flex, I'm sticking with quarterbacks. Yeah, but that's just me. Okay, let's go to mylik neighbors, who we already alluded to. Many people believe he is as good as anybody in this in this draft of wide receiver, including Marvin Harrison. As you mentioned, he brings some special traits to the field. Downfield separation is sick man. You're seeing bombs get launched by Jaden Daniels to a wide open Milik Neighbors downfield. I love just the way he runs the glide. He gives you the full route tree, so many big plays, he fights for yards after the catch. I love that decent a blocker. He's only twenty years old. Yeah, twenty Yeah, you know Dynasty Empire. I mean that might add on if you hold him for the full cycle of his career, right, I mean that might add on a few years of play from Elik Neighbors for you as well. I've got him, I got The ideal spot is one spot after Marvin Harrison. That'd be the Chargers current wideouts Quinton Johnson. It looks like a Grade A boss Josh Palmer. And then those guys yield into Shemp, Howard Oprah Winfrey's longtime boyfriend Steadman, and finally a can of easy cheese which for legal reasons cannot be spelled c choc at. There So, Neighbors drops and immediately becomes a wide receiver one. And obviously, the appeal with this spot and why this is the perfect spot for Elik Neighbors is because of Justin Herbert, one of the better long arms in the league, was not really had the opportunity to throw a lot of those balls with Mike Williams and out of lineups and things like that. But the worry, of course is Jim Harban Greg Roman installing a run first run, second game plan and how will that affect how will that end up affecting how this team? Just the sheer volume that could go to Melik neighbors. So yeah, I just I looked at other spots or neighbors could go, like the Giants at pick at pick six would make a ton of sense as well. Daniel Jones hasn't topped fifteen touchdowns in four years. You know, it's just the quarterback differential so great. The perfect spot from the league neighbors is the Chargers. All right, do you want to do Drake May next? Sure?
Speaker 3: I can. Drake May and JJ McCarthy are have similar top spots in my mind, and then they're both the Vikings. I feel like Jaden Daniels isn't a great fit for KOs, but I do like I think the Vikings are the top spot for any rookie quarterback not named Jayden Daniels.
Speaker 1: Get you get Justin Jefferson, presumably, you get Hockinson, you get Jordan Addison, you have booking tackles to protect your your sides.
Speaker 3: Their they're tiis and you got you got chos think yep, yep, So I guess that would be my number one for both. But I think you can go down a couple of picks to the Giants, which I don't think is a great spot for any quarterbacks going there. So we're gonna keep moving down Denver. I don't I don't know how much I love that. I think they're they're more in on bonax honestly, which is interesting. But yeah, that's but I think the best the best spot for one of those two is Minnesota. The next best spot is probably the mid first in the Oakland New Orleans and Oakland New Orleans range. I think those are better better spots for either of them. I in May you got the you know you got the the bigger size you know, the bigger, bigger size guy, the you know he's got the he's got the huge arm. He can run. He's not like Daniels though, but he gets out of the pocket and he scrambles that they had designed runs for him.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Sometimes he plays a little bit more hero Ball, which which kind of feels like it fits more with the New Orleans or Oakland team. I don't think KOC would want him play neuroball. So I think I've kind of gone on on a rant on both of them. But I would put Drake May if I if I could have my brothers, it would be Oakland or New Orleans moving up.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know that they will. But what I love about Drake May, Dude, it's just a gamer, you know, that's surrounded by a terrible offensive line wide receivers who never get open.
Speaker 2: Ye.
Speaker 1: You know, like two thirds of his plays of his past plays, he's out there just trying to make anything happen while he's under tremendous dress.
Speaker 3: And and that's part of why he seems like a hero ball player a little bit is that he's just had to be.
Speaker 1: Has had to be right. So you know, there might be you might have to coach some of that out of him in times Scott. Yeah, but Drake May's got tremendous upstyle that the arm strength is absolutely NFL level, the mobility is really good, keeps his eyes downfield, he can process to a second and third targets.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: A lot of people harping on his slower release and it's legitimate. It is slower, but you know what, I'm willing to take that trade off at the at the NFL level with the hope that he drops into a team that can give him an iota of protection.
Speaker 3: Plus he has that big body, that six four two twenty five whatever size, and he'll he'll stand in, stand in and take a hit and throw it so well.
Speaker 1: He had to take plenty hits in college. Yeah, is going to go to Chicago at nine, I believe, and I've got that as the landing spot. I want him to get past the Giants in Tennessee because I don't like their quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's exactly the thing I was going to say in our little thing. We would love him to go there. The Giants and the Titans are the one that I think the like. Like the draft odds for the Titans are like minus whatever for Joe Alt Yeah, for offensive tackle, and like everything else is just way off, exactly like everybody thinks they're taking my Titans.
Speaker 1: We can't bet here in Minnesota. My Titans angle is quarterback plus four thousand, you can make forty to one. And Tennessee's ready to acknowledge what I already know the answer. Yeah, yeah, you don't always have to give these quarterbacks two years. Look what happened with Desmond Ridder, Look what happened with Kenny Pickett. If you know, you don't have to do the second year and just play that out to the to the degree that it's likely to go to because will Love, this is not good.
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm with you, I'm with you. I could see them. You know that. That would be really rough though. Can you imagine like drafting your hopefull quarterback three years in a row.
Speaker 1: I know, but you know what, keep drafting the quarterback till you get him. Roma Dunsay to Chicago. Let's just talk it through for a second. Also, by the way, kind of interested the name landing in the Jets at ten, which is a possibility to who did the Jets at the time. Well, I'm just saying, if Roma Dunsay doesn't go to Chicago at nine, my backup would have been I go.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I wouldn't. I wouldn't rule out the Jets when you were talking about neighbors. So I like that you're bringing them up.
Speaker 1: Nowt so, so dj Moore is already there, He'll keep defenses honest and give a Dunees a single coverage for most of his rookie year, really, unless he proves to be an even bigger threat than more, which I guess is possible even later this year. Caleb Williams looks like, you know, a great quarterback prospect. He'll be throwing to him. I love that too, and it's and is Caleb Williams and Roma Duneesa grow together, They're likely to form a receiving bond that's stronger than Moors, who's older. You know, Worres probably got three or four good years left, and you get to start fresh here with Roma. Doonsay, So I felt like the perfect landing spot here for Rome dnsday Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there's a I definitely agree. I think that that's a commonly mocked spot for him, and I really hope it happens because that offense would be fun. Not as a Vikings fan, but in general, that offense would be fun. JJ McCarthy, Yeah, yeah, can I just call chart Thor to get in? Okay, Well, only if we want to have a one hour long cod because he'll spend all the time McCarthy.
Speaker 1: In fact, let's do this. Hold on a second, let's just take let's work in our break. We got to get a break in anyway, and I'm just remembering. Now, let's do that. Let's come to JJ McCarthy, who can end up in a variety of different spots. We'll see what Scott Fish says is the ideal landing spot when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. Paul Charchi and Scott Fish. Follow Scott on Twitter at Scott Fish twenty four. Yes, yes, got it took me just second. It's been a long time. It's been a long time. I am at Paul Chargian and uh and the show is its brand new Discord channel. You can go to the show notes. Click the link get right to our Discord channel for lots of conversation about these topics and more. JJ McCarthy, Ye could go as high as pick four. Yep, could slide down into eleven. I mean, you know, maybe to though he would never get by the vikings eleven.
Speaker 3: Somebody trains up, someone's trading for him. The one who could slide. As I mentioned, if if Drake may goes to Washington, I think there's a chance Jayden could slide. I agree like I don't think he's the best fit on some some other teams. Sorry that yeah, so uh no jj I alluded to it or just straight up set it earlier that I think he's the best fit for the Vikings. That's his best spot. He could fit in a couple of these other spots where where I can see Sean Payton wanting to work with j J and and a point guard for that offense. But I think he's I think he's just such a really good fit for the Vikings. That again, that point guard style. He's a little he's a little more slender and smaller than Drake May. He wasn't asked to do as much in the high in the high run offense of Michigan. Wasn't a high volume passer, not always not always perfect with his ball placement. But he's aggressive. He he's good over the middle of the field. He uh, you know, he was really good. Like he had a really good, really productive on third downs, which I think is something that koc like that he he likes he's good in those pressure downs where you have to make a play. He made those a lot. You know, he's he's he's a guy. I think he's more athletic than people think. And they probably learned that at the combine. These are his pro da, not coming proda. He's just more athletic than people think. I think it's Minnesota. I think that's the and he doesn't doesn't have a lot of turnovers. He didn't have a lot of turnovers in college.
Speaker 1: And you get you get some mobility with JJ McCarthy too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's he's not gonna be five rushing touchdowns a year. But you know what the difference between zero and three helps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, it's the difference between kirk Cousins and that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, oh what I wrote it down because someone said something the other day that.
Speaker 1: Made me laugh.
Speaker 3: Oh they called JJ McCarthy sprightly Kirk Cousins and I'm like, I kind of like that. I heard that.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was gonna bring that up.
Speaker 1: I wrote that. I like it. I like it. Let's go back to the wide receivers.
Speaker 2: Yeh.
Speaker 1: Brian Thomas is the other receiver from LSU, and he is probably gonna go middle of the first round if you if you believe most of the mock drafts, he gives you crazy speed on a big frame, a lot of acceleration ability, mid air adjustments. He plays strong and physical, and he's a good blocker, and he's highly been highly productive in college. You know, where there are some deficiencies in his game. He doesn't run a full route tree, he body catches too much. But in totality, Brian Thomas made a ton of big plays and I want him to go the perfect landing spot where he could go Jacksonville at seventeen.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know I think that's Yeah.
Speaker 1: They wisely let Calvin Ridley go, and I thought that was smart. Christian Kirk remains. But after that, and Kirk of course obviously runs a lot of his plays from the slot. It's a very thin wide receiver room. You know, they rolled the dice onto little Gabe Davis, but they have to pay him much and that's a proven deal. Zay Jones, Devin DuVernay. I mean, Brian Thomas walks in is really the go to outside receiver. Yeah, they've got a quality starting quarterback in Trevor Lawrence. Not maybe at the level I thought he'd be throwing like thirty touchdowns a year by now, but yeah, we'll take his twenty five that he's done the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: He's a slow burn. Maybe yeah, maybe he'll be better, keep getting better.
Speaker 1: Doug Peterson's your head coach. Jaguars have finished seventh and ninth in past attempts the last two years with Doug Peterson, and that's great. I mean that's enough volume to get Brian Thomas where he wanted to be anyway, And we saw this offense last year. Ridley had these explosive games and he disappeared, right, Yeah, it's good to know the explosive game outside is there. That's right, because a Jones filter right right, kind of kind true. So hopefully you know, he can get more of the Ridley big games without the duds as much. And I just I like the fact that the stuffins proved they can put big games on guys.
Speaker 3: Yep, Brian Thomas Jacksonville Yeah, fun fun. Uh, Brian Thomas Jacksonville are not the pick. But Brian Thomas uh from uh the Ringer guys mentioned he was a basketball star in high school and then he switched to track to get ready to play football and called I love that he's got the he's got the jump.
Speaker 4: He started as a jump ball guy and he got the speed from track to about that combine those two for.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it. Do you have any other quarterbacks in the first round. I'm not. I don't think any of this are going to go in the first round. But I'm curious for you.
Speaker 3: I don't think they should.
Speaker 1: I I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think either Knicks or Pennix should. But it's it's possible, And the one I think that could is just the you know, the odds on Nicks going to Denver are like minus one twenty at this point, like they are like the absurd favorites. So I think that's the one chance that Sean Payton really wants to get his quarterback, you know, highly accurate guy. What But it's yeah, I don't think I don't. I don't believe that any should just what I should.
Speaker 1: Vikings at twenty three could be a quarterback selection, assuming we don't yeah yeah, And then Tampa at twenty six might be like, you know what, let's just get it. Let's throw another you know, let's throw another quarterback at this. Baker's our guy is our starter, but you know, but let's throw another quarterback and just see what happens. But if if these if you get past Denver in Las Vegas at twelve thirteen and and maybe the New Orleans at fourteen. Yeah, it's a free fall of quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, there's nothing else. That's the deepest you get. And then there's nothing, and then we're in around two. Yep, I've got one more receiver. And then let's talk about brock Bowers.
Speaker 1: Lad McConkie, okay, sure, Lad McConkie. I think is going to go in the first round, end of first round. This is where he's largely being mocked. A beginning of second, end of first Yeah, so let's throw on Kansas City, why not? Right, So you're Kansas City. Rashi Rice suddenly a massive wild card that we did not necessarily expect. And while I don't expect that he's going to be suspended for the season things like that, it's got to raise some questions inside the organization about the ultimate stability you've got with this kid when he's gotten himself into this level of trouble already. You know, not only has he been arrested, but now he's being sued by the other people that are in this, that were involved in this. Who's who he legitimately endangered. So you got the you got the Rahee Rice thing. And besides, anyway, you know Rice also played half his slats snaps from the slot, so you know mconkie would be on the outside. Marquis Brown is on a one year prove it deal, and we know, you know, we know his by the way, terrible Markus. Brown's decision to like go raise his value as a free agent by going joining the Cardinals did not pay off. Nope, I think I can safely say that did not do him an any any help. So let's talk about McConkie and his skills. So good acceleration, nice route runner, he's slippery, he's creative after the catch, which I like a lot. But what he can't do is break tackles after the catch. But what he does do after the catch, there's two or three guys coming in at him. If if it's possible to squeak out three more yards before the tackle, he's going to get you three full yards. I like that part of it is he gives you punt return stuff. Elite leader. So lad McConkie would be I think pretty interesting on Kansas City, and that would be a perfect spot. Obviously, Patrick Mahomes, and there's a scenario where McConkie emerges as the best receiver on the Chiefs. Absolutely, I mean that's he's got that kind of upside to him.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: There's there's even a draft prop out there, will the Chiefs and Bills both take a wide receiver in round one because there's a lot of mocking being done with that. Uh, the two guys you didn't mention that are commonly mocked in the first round as well, or Xavier Worthy and Troy Franklin and Xavier Worthy being mocked to Dallas being mocked to Kansas City being mocked to Buffalo. Pure speeds are really small, really, he's like ian sized. Ian is my eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Granted my son is like five two, so at eleven, but yeah, and uh, I think either of those could go. But I like you bringing I like you bringing that up. He's there. There's some really knowledgeable draft people I know that have him as in their top five, if not three or four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Buffalo would be a really great landing spot as well, and maybe even maybe a more ideal one. Yeah. Realistically, twenty eight. I just don't see the people that know have broken this down to level that's beyond me. Don't think Lad McConkey is worthy of pick twenty eight. But you know what, when you're Buffalo, and you're Buffalo and you need a receiver help as much as you do, team need could trump that easel.
Speaker 3: Despite what Bean says, Billy Bean or whatever he said the other day, we don't need a star receiver.
Speaker 1: And you really do. They need to get better receiver you need. You don't want to squander Josh Allen's talents. Yeah, so that that would be the other ideal landing spot for sure. Let's frock Bowers, let's do it. The earliest possible scenario for brock Bauers to go would be six the Giants.
Speaker 3: I jokingly mentioned this to you the other day that I would love to see him go five to the Chargers or a trade down in Chargers take him, which is which is very possible. Yeah, just because they got Greg roman Atosi who has used Baltimore tight ends forever for a while. And yep, it feels like if he installs that offense, they could use a pass catching weapon as you mentioned when you put Marvin Harrison up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just think they're so desperate to wide out that Jarge's probably gonna go there first. Giants could make sense. Uh, Tennessee could make sense.
Speaker 3: Waller retiring potentially retired, but he hasn't decided yet. Yeah, but potentially retiring.
Speaker 1: I didn't think he was this close to retirement, but the fact they're still thinking about just.
Speaker 3: Constant injuries to be it's got to be right. Plus, he spent like five years with Baltimore doing nothing before he started his career.
Speaker 1: He's sneaky old for sure. Uh So Tennessee is a possibility. It's seven for brock Bowers, but most of us have got him going ten to the Jets. Jets have the need. Uh, it would make it would make a ton of sense for him to go there. They've got Garrett Wilson who's great out wide, so they don't as much need a wide receiver in that pick, but you know, they they need a tight end and that would be a That'd be a great landing spot for an incredibly productive tight end and consistently productive for years in brock Bowers.
Speaker 3: Yep, Yep, there's there's there's other options. I'd love to see Seattle finally have tight end, but they have a lot of pass catching options already not at.
Speaker 1: Tight end, and they're picked sixteen.
Speaker 3: Indianapolis is a little bit interesting. If he slides, I know that you hate to hear that with your with.
Speaker 1: Your exact love exactly.
Speaker 3: The Titans are a little bit interesting in that they what do they have Kevin Ridley? Like? I mean, they don't have a lot. Maybe they Titans? Okay, okay, Chi's there. They like Chivy and they do.
Speaker 1: I don't love jig drops too many balls. I don't think he's I don't think he's special.
Speaker 3: Who did the Bengals signed? They signed someone.
Speaker 1: They need a tight end too, but they signed someone landing spot.
Speaker 3: They're eighteen, they signed, That's that's who they signed. So yes, they need to.
Speaker 1: That's I think they're at eighteen. They'd have to move up, Seattle have to move up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think people are moving up for Bowers. I think it's a team is going to be very happy.
Speaker 1: When he falls. Yeah, that's more likely, isn't it. Yeah that Bowers just he falls into your lap and you're happy to get him.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, you're not upset, You're not forcing a pick. You're just like nice bars landed here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, he lines up, you know, he gives you so much versatilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he can do backflips, standing backflips.
Speaker 1: What tight end does that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's pretty athletic. Yeah, I know, he didn't test, so people were people were concerned. No, if you watch what he does on the field and then you watch.
Speaker 4: What he does off the field with standing backflips, I feel like I feel like I know he's athletic exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So one week from today we're going to react to the first round.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, it's exciting.
Speaker 1: Its time of year, it is.
Speaker 3: It is, and we'll know so much more because, yeah, even in Dynasty, landing spot really does kind of matter for those first couple of years.
Speaker 1: It really does. Yeah, it shapes your whole career.
Speaker 3: I feel, Redraft or Dynasty, every every bit of this, the combine all these matter a little bit. Every bit is a piece, and the where you're drafted is a big part of that puzzle. That's a big piece.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's why we're doing the show. The perfect landing spots, absolutely, the perfect landing spots. It won't go this way, it never does, but of course, hopefully, hopefully we can get like for these guys to drop into these ideal landing spots, and then we'd be pretty happy about that. Thanks for joining, everybody. Reminder hit the Discord channel and continue listening. Subscribe Fantasy Football Weekly. We'll talk to you next week Friday of the second round of the NFL. You can't wait. Bye bye. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.