Speaker 1: Kind sure that you've become obsessed with football?
Speaker 2: Is that true? And how so I've been obsessed with football? Is there anything that you're doing differently all season? You said, Uh, kind of just like making my own plan a little bit, like taking the past few years and knowing what I need to do and what I want to do and kind of making them together. Yeah, Frendy, do you have do you have a favorite route? You're running the deep cross a lot, You're making a lot of plays on that on that ball. Uh, I do have. My favorite route is probably when that we're working on the go ball. We're trying to get the go ball going. But yeah, we like the deep cross. We talked about that one being a free one, a free pretty much a free one as long as we get uh past these linebackers in this defense.
Speaker 1: You got a bunch of space to work with.
Speaker 2: But yeah, some of the things that you felt like you needed to do.
Speaker 1: Just running just be never run.
Speaker 2: Uh you're talking about the off season, right, Yeah, just running more, being able to have my legs, not as much as the upper body focus this year, but more so just lower body.
Speaker 1: What your conditioning is right now compared to yours past and can Uh, how much better can it be?
Speaker 2: I feel good. We'll see you tomorrow when we put the paths back on. But it's a little bit different. Once you don't have like the Once your mind's not going a million miles power, it just seems like your body it's just less work that you have to go through. So it kind of feels like every play is not just a thousand miles per hour and like full exertion on the body.
Speaker 1: Just being able to get to spots and just play football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just understanding the field, just understanding the playbook, understanding what I have to do on east giving play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talked about you said that this is as confident as they've ever seen you. Uh, do you agree that you're as confident as you've ever been in the NFL right now? And if so, where's that coming from? Yeah? For sure.
Speaker 2: Just it is my fourth year in this offense, third off season in this offense, and then the work that I felt like I put in, and then also the success that I've had in the years. Put it all together and that's what you get. So yeah, for sure. Was it for you to have a year like last year that that says like, hey, I can do this, but I can still do way more. Yeah, just looking back on it, you get to see some of the success and then also some of the stuff that didn't go well, and then you just look at that and you really could see where you could take it to. So it wasn't just about seeing success, but seeing opportunities miss and what it could look like with those had those being made. So yeah, just plays, you know, just plays, just lead them all the way back to Carolina last year at the beginning of the season. Couple uh some play goal ball in that s in in that game Seattle and the other go ball on the same side in that game.
Speaker 1: Touchdown. Chargers touched down the Seattle on playoffs.
Speaker 2: So just stuff like that that you look at and you at those with it you can see where you could really take it.
Speaker 1: So just about maximizing, like fans can pay themselves a little bit. Sometimes in training camp you don't seem to do that. You go pretty hard, really hard every day. W what is your mindset going into these practices in late July, Like what are you trying to prove? Uh, Well, it's just trying to put yourself every day.
Speaker 2: We got DV I mean the DVS they're not gonna stop talking to us, So we gotta go out there and prove it to them every single day, prove to ourselves every single day, and then just getting better. We talked about it talking with Demo, where like we got a couple weeks to be the best version of ourselves leading into the season. So we gotta take advantage of these day and just looking at it like that.
Speaker 1: You who are you expecting with those guys when when the pack comes on you, it's gotten a whole should be.
Speaker 2: We gonna see here, we'll see, but yeah, we expect them to, uh come out flying around, put it past the use.
Speaker 1: There's no no chimney ward this year. Who's the voice? I mean, who's voice? Do you here?
Speaker 2: Coming out of that defensive back room this summer.
Speaker 1: All of 'em they all talking, They all talking.
Speaker 2: Uh. They came in I think from a uh spring LTA's uh. They started to build their confidence, they started to they feel the same way. They feel like, uh, they played a little bit, They feel like they could take it to another level. And we're out here working every single day. So all those guys are working on like from amr ambreed Demo, even the young guys. Uh twenty two. He's out there balling, he's out there working. Uh, not afraid to compete at Also, Uh, those guys are doing a great job. You al Demo talk a lot in the locker room online, like what's your relationship like with him?
Speaker 1: In particular?
Speaker 2: That's my doll, that's my doll. But he ch he he he's a he's a dog. He's a real dog. They kind of they've challenged them since you got here, and I think he still a to the to the challenge ever since.
Speaker 1: Uh, I not a lot of people can.
Speaker 2: A lot of people sat away from the challenge and he stepped right into it. He's becoming a player.
Speaker 1: Let him kind of sending the way that you did.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a little bit behind you in terms of experience, but is he like taking the same steps you did on.
Speaker 1: The offensive side of the ball in terms of raising this game.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not over there with them, so I couldn't really tell you that. You don't have to ask him that. But the way that I see him go out there every single day. He was out there every day for spring. He's been out there every single day in camp so far, going out there working looking to get better.
Speaker 1: So if you have that mindset, I'm sure he can tw number one receivers.
Speaker 2: Do you guy, do you deep up a little friendly uh competition?
Speaker 1: Do you guys? You guys compete with one another? Oh? Yeah, for sure, for sure. I think.
Speaker 2: Uh, just like talking with John in the summer, I think I love having him as a teammate just cause it's like you have somebody around you that motivates you.
Speaker 1: And I said it before.
Speaker 2: I get to watch him and see the stead that he does, what he goes about his business, and that most makes me to be better. And I'm sure he would say the same thing. So we have each other even in games like you out there in the game, he might make it play first, or I might make it play first. The next play that's coming your way. It's like you need to make it play too. But it's like it's like that. It's like that, it's like a brother that you had, that you that you get to watch and see do do big things and you and you see where you could take it to and you get to see some things that you get to do if you do stuff the right way.
Speaker 1: So yeah, for sure, the way they're they're rotating the quarterbacks. How does that impact you when when you're taking your reps and how does that affect it when you're tracking the ball.
Speaker 2: Do you kind of know who where that ball might be depending on who the quarterback is? Uh No, not really, Uh not really. You know, we're we're steps, we're timing. So if I'm getting to my spots, quarterbacks were proposed to put in the exact same spot. Whether it's rock or whether it's DA, it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Just get to your spot and find the ball. And the same for us and out and going out there like which receiver is at? They just know we have to get to a spot, and yeah it is. I yeah, I was just talking. I was just talking to the end of the locker room just before he came in here, and I'm like, ba ba cause he throwing uh a great ball in the redsidme today.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, it was f It was weird for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you think about that the way late this last year without a single healthy quarterback, to come into camp and see four pretty solid veterans, all of 'em with the ability to make a place out, how good does that.
Speaker 1: Field it feels good. It feels good.
Speaker 2: As receivers, we love going out there, especially when we have guys, four guys who can put it anywhere it.
Speaker 1: Needs to be.
Speaker 2: But we're four days in now, uh, just looking to continue to build. But yeah, for sure as a receiver, as a Patt catcher, anybody in this offense, when you have four guys who could throw the football, uh, when we finished the season where we did last year, definitely gives you a little ease when the balls come out from each of the different guys.
Speaker 1: Mm No, I mean they're a little they're not all.
Speaker 2: They're a little bit different, so maybe a little bit more touched, a little bit more set, a little bit more just to depending on how the ball is. But we passed catchal and just catch football.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: M