Speaker 1: Welcome to the Best of the Week for What's Right with Nick Right the best takes and moments from this week on the show. Enjoy all right, Monday Night football de Monsday, and we might have a problem.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, So the Bears came. It came out looking pretty good. Caleb had that nice drive in the beginning of the game. Seemed like they were controlling it. Even JJ McCarthy threw a pick six, but they still turned it around and won. So obviously Caleb Williams lost last night. What was your biggest takeaway from this game?
Speaker 1: All right, I'm officially a little concerned about Caleb. I was not at any point last year, but the sequence of the last ninety six hours where I listen, I'm a subscriber. I was already a subscriber to Tyler Dunn substack. It's like fifty bucks for the whole year support real journalism.
Speaker 3: He is the guy.
Speaker 1: If people are like, oh, let me it's go long TD. Let me see if you go to golongtd dot com if that takes you there, I actually don't know the answer that no, so hold on, let me see what the actual was. So oh no, it does Oh maybe, yeah, golongtd dot com, but it's on substack. He is the guy who broke the story a year ago, demons that Sean McDermott tried to rally the troops by being like the nine to eleven hijackers thing. He has real sources, he is a real journalist. He's totally independent, so I was already a subscriber of his. He has released a three part book on Caleb's first year with the Bears. It Ain't Great and it is to me highly concerning. It also discusses it's a The person who comes out looking the worst is Ryan the GM. Caleb doesn't look great though in it either, and it talks about a shaky work ethic, not necessarily galvanizing leadership, and then a shocking statement from some of his sources that there is a belief within the front office that was kept from the coaching staff that Caleb might have the learning disability dyslexia, which there is obviously no shame in that at all. However, one of the ways dyslexia can manifest itself, obviously is you transpose words or letters, and that one of the reasons they postulate he might have trouble translating the play call from his headset to his wristband, getting it in, getting plays in on time is a confusion.
Speaker 3: About what he's reading.
Speaker 1: And that is not something that is you know, you can't overcome, but it is something that has to be accounted for. And the reporting is that the front office kept it from.
Speaker 3: His coaches last year.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously, Ben Johnson, one would think has all this information. And if you watched last night, you saw most notably that play on the sideline when Caleb spun out of trouble, went to the sideline and then ripped an absolute laser to I don't know if it was DJ Moore or Rome. I'm not sure why the talent demands is undeniable and hypnotizing. It just is like and you saw that obviously throughout his remarkable collegiate career.
Speaker 3: But his.
Speaker 1: Right now deficit on the pre snap parts of being an NFL quarterback to me, are going to slow his development. And you saw that left and right last night that getting plays in was still a problem. Motioning guys when there's a few seconds on the shot on the shot clock, on the game clock or play clock was still a problem. Like some things that he really needs to be at this point, in my opinion, better at those things have become one game in have not improved, And.
Speaker 2: You don't think his decision making it all improved a little bit from last year.
Speaker 1: So I do think his decision making improved. I'm talking about the pre snap operation. I'm talking about getting the team out of the huddle, conveying the play call in time, doing the things necessary to prevent these five yard pre snap penalties.
Speaker 3: That was brutal.
Speaker 1: The whole night just was. And while his decision making I thought was better and he was quicker getting the ball out, his accuracy was shaky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's putting a lot he missed, putting a lot on them.
Speaker 1: Putting a lot on the lot on the ball, and also just missing. There were a couple spots he missed.
Speaker 3: Guys wide open. And so.
Speaker 1: If I am being.
Speaker 3: Fair, which I have to be.
Speaker 1: I I still believe in Caleb Williams. I am less certain that super stardom is in his future. And I think that is for me, as a guy who said he would come into the league as a top ten quarterback, tough pill to swallow, trust me.
Speaker 2: But you don't think it might be a little a little early with it being game one, Like if they were to go and put it on the Lions, what would that change stuff?
Speaker 4: Immediately?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm going to look back on this and say I was, you know, ten hours after the game in his reactionary. But I am like I am. I understand most of the audience has not read the Tyler Dunn story, and again his substacks go long TV dot com. I highly encourage people. It's worth the six bucks a month. It's less than that four bucks a month. It's worth it just to read this story. To be totally honest with you, that story shook my faith in a real way. And then this game. You of course, listen, he started ten of ten. It started great, it ended so poorly. And listen, he's not the only culprit in this, which brings us to Ben Johnson, where there were I didn't like Ben Johnson's decision early to not kick the field goal. I just think you don't have the Lions team from last year. You're also playing a team that is going to be hard to accumulate points on as evidence by the fact your offense, you know, struggled to score points throughout the night. I know they finished with twenty four. One touchdown came with two minutes left, and another one was.
Speaker 3: A pick six.
Speaker 1: But JJ at that, you know what I mean? There was reason to believe JJ would struggle early, and he did. But the bigger problem is and evidently Peyton Manning peeped this on the Manning cast, because of course he did. I was surprised Joe and Troy didn't. But this is going to This is a coaching note that is simply it listen, nobody's in the Brian Callahan category. More on him later, But this was a mistake by Ben.
Speaker 3: So here's situation.
Speaker 1: He understood, we've got a score before the two minute one. Caleb almost ran it in before the two minute warning at two oh four, two oh five. They end up ruling him, you know, out of bounds at the six inch line. They then do a quick pass score. They score it two oh two. They have one timeout. With the two minute warning and one timeout. If you force a three and out, you're gonna get the ball back without a minute left, down three points and be alive. Without the two minute warning and one timeout, you're gonna get the ball back with about twenty seconds left and be dead it's that simple. The two minute warning must be retained in part because I think Ben challenged a play because he didn't understand the rule. Now that's a tricky rule because so let me back up to it. The rule is if someone is knee is on the ground and you touch them, they're down immediately. What Ben saw or his guy in the booth saw, is, oh, we didn't touch the player with who was down. We punched the ball, and we punched the ball so cleanly. It did not We never touched the player until the ball was loose. So is that a fumble? And so he challenged it and the answer is no, it's not even just touching the ball. When a player is down on the ground, he's down. So that's like a nuance of the rule. Head coach needs to know that. So like that was so that's why they only had one time out instead of two. But now we get to two h two left and Cairo Santos, who missed the field goal earlier and is not known for the strongest of legs, Demonse Ben Johnson tells him kick it out of the back of the end zone to retain the two minute warning. Kevin O'Connell tells his guy, if you can return it, return it, don't worry about the yardage, just return it to burn these two seconds sidebar. No one's ever done this, but I would encourage it. The actual sharpest play there for that returner, if he only has to burn two seconds, is to catch it and run sideways, staying in the end zone to burn as much time as possible, and then just step out the back of the end zone for a touchback or kneel it for a touchback. Then you still get the thirty five yard line. You don't risk a fumble, you burn more time because the guys have to get to you. But again, that is PhD level coaching, of which you know not everyone is here yet. That's fine, Kevin O'Connell did a great job with it. But here is the nuanced part that matters, in particular with the new touchback rules Demonse. The new touchback rule is if you kneel it in the end zone. If you kick it into the end zone and they kneel it, they get it on the thirty five. They did not change the fact that if you kick it out of bounds, you get it at the forty. So the oh if the single most important thing to your team is that they not be able to return this kick. And you don't have a cannon legged kicker who can kick it out in the back of the end zone on command, Then you don't ask him to kick it out the back of the end zone, which he might not be able to do. You ask him fire that thing forty five degree angle right out of bounce, which everyone can do. You give up five yards who cares you guarantee? So instead of the thirty five, it's the forty that doesn't matter. What matters is now that next play happens at two two, there's nothing they can do about it. That was a mistake by Ben Johnson. I saw it in real time. Peyton Manning on the Manning cast evidently saw it in real time and I and I thought that that was a mistake. So listen, I thought, I don't think that was like an awful first game by Ben Johnson. But the bad challenge and the trusting that Cairo Santos can just boom it out in the back of the end zone, we're very costly mistakes.
Speaker 4: So why are you giving him as in his first game.
Speaker 1: Blew a big lead offense, didn't really get going after the opening script those mistakes C plus C plus C plus, giving him a C plus. All right, let's spend a second on JJ.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say so after seeing that performance by JJ, what do you expect from him moving forward?
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I think that the comeback and his role in it and the confidence he's going to get from it. You know, if they if they didn't get that comeback at the end and was just he threw a pick six and they lose, I think the next few weeks could be real rough. Instead, a guy whose rep coming in was just a winner, makes big plays, galvanizing force just adds to it in his first ever NFL game. Pretty good Like that, Art is really good. So I didn't think he was that impressive. I didn't think he was that good, but he had the moments which I think, are you know, super relevant and super you know, useful, and so I want to give.
Speaker 3: Him credit for that.
Speaker 1: Am I am? I sold entirely that, like you know, he's going to be a franchise quarterback. No, of course, not yet after one game, but for what his rep was demans, that was an awesome start.
Speaker 3: That was yes, for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, you're giving let's go ahead. Will Caleb be getting similar treatment to the Prince? You know how Trevor had bad coaching and then he had his coach and that was officially his first year.
Speaker 3: Well let's listen.
Speaker 1: I mean, if Trevor does what the Prince did, which is have an awesome second year, make the playoffs, win a playoff game, then yeah, we can just say if Caleb does, sorry, if Caleb does what Trevor did, we can just say, yeah, it was it was all on Eberflus. And I think a lot of it was on bears ysfunction in Eberflus. Again, I'm not saying like I'm out on Caleb. I am saying that the stuff, some of the stuff that I wanted him to be just a little tighter on, I didn't see.
Speaker 3: And that's just that, just is what it is.
Speaker 1: Reminder about our friends, our new presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Everybody knows and loves the hard Rock hotels and casinos, and now you can use the top rated hard Rock Bet sportsbook to place your bets all NFL season and beyond. Hard Rock Bet is the only legal sportsbook in the state of Florida, the only one in Florida, and it's also available in Arizona, Ohio, New Jersey, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Illinois, and Colorado, with more states launching all the time. You can also play on hard Rock Bets online casino if you are in New Jersey. Throughout the football season, we'll be using hard Rock Bet lines to make our predictions for the biggest games as we gear up for the NFL season. Sign up for hard Rock Bet. Make a five dollar bet and you'll get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 3: If you win.
Speaker 1: Head over to hard Rock Bet and sign up to make your first deposit today, payable in bonus bets, not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida. In Florida offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC and all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concerned about gambling in Florida call one eight admit it in Indiana if you were someone you know as a gambling problem wants help call one eight hundred and nine with it gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee or Virginia Bill's Ravens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the game didn't disappoint. Obviously, Buffalo came back against my Ravens. That fifteen point lead erased, harball has now blown seventeen double digit second half leads. The bigger story here is that the Bills win, or is it the Ravens loss?
Speaker 3: What do you think the bigger story is?
Speaker 2: The bigger story here is, Oh my gosh, the Ravens gotta stop shooting themselves in the foot. The penalties and just the fun. The penalties are just so frustrating. The penalties and just how we move when we need something. The Bills have the momentum, they're coming back, and we're running indo rounds.
Speaker 4: With Zay Flowers just rather get a first down.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you did you bring up that end around with Jay Flowers the because I from what I said on the show yesterday, or did that bother you organic much?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That that play demonse is like lost in the conversation surrounding the game that was insane, like you need one first down to win the game. Derrick Henry is killing me. I understand, Henry got stuffed on first down. You cannot use one of your downs on save Flowers.
Speaker 3: He just can't.
Speaker 1: It's got to be lamar ball in his hands, you know, if see someone open throws it or run or Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: So that I agree with entirely, and I also.
Speaker 4: Agree with you.
Speaker 1: The biggest stories the Ravens loss because the Bills listen. Josh Allen is an unbelievable player, and since he stopped turning the ball over, he stopped being roller coaster and I stopped calling him one. Like I've been fair about Josh. Josh always had this amazing talent. He was a little too high variants of a player early. He removes some of that variants and now.
Speaker 3: He's just a killer.
Speaker 1: So the Bill's coming back is not that shocking. The Bill's defense looking as bad as it did for the vast majority of that game is actually a little concerning. Like weirdly, if I were a Bills fan, Demons, I would be over the moon thrilled about the win. And you have the tiebreaker and you have the easier schedule. You've never had the one seed since you've been since you've had Josh Allen, you now have a real shot at it this year. Like all of that is super positive, but deep down I'd be like, yikes, that defense, Like that's that's a bit of a concern. But the story is Baltimore once again inventing a way to lose because they this is what they do. And I know Harbaugh Harball tried to make the point essentially that Harbaugh tried to make the point that yeah, we've blown a lot of big leads, but we have a lot of big leads, Like how fair, you know what I mean, Like we were in this position more than most. Mike Sando has this these figures. I think it's good. Since the start of the twenty twenty two season, there are seven teams demons who have had multiple score fourth quarter leads at least twenty times. Okay, so seven teams have had multiple score fourth quarter leads at least twenty times, and Harbaugh is right that the Ravens have the most most of them. The Bengals and the Bills have twenty one, the Lions have twenty two, the Chiefs have twenty four, the Niners have twenty five, the Eagles have twenty eight, and the Ravens have thirty one, So that is a lot. Here's the problem, though, record in those games from best to worst, the Chiefs are twenty four and oh, and honestly, I just did a home mahmes thing. I don't need to do it again. That's the least surprising stat in the world because while it's been a while since the Chiefs have been able to generate some big lead, the idea, I can't even conceptualize what it would look like for the Chiefs to blow a big lead. No, for you know what I mean, for the Chiefs to be up thirteen in the fourth and lose like with Patrick. It just doesn't happen. Like they're not gonna make those mistakes. And Andy obviously deserves credit for that too. But the Chiefs are twenty four and oh. The next best is the Eagles and one, then the Lions twenty one and one, the Bengals twenty and one, the Niners twenty three and two, and the second worst is the Bills at nineteen and two, and then the Ravens at twenty five and six. So yes, the Ravens have had more slightly more opportunities, but the Chiefs have never lost in the last three years in that spot. The Eagles, Lions, and Bengals have lost once, the Niners and Bills have lost twice, and the Ravens have lost six times. That's not nothing. It's just not nothing.
Speaker 3: And I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know that the Hardball Lamar combo is gonna get over for the hump Man.
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 1: And it's Lamar's obviously, you know, just getting better as a player, getting better in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Like I also.
Speaker 1: Thought demands, how did you feel when you saw Hardball was punting on fourth and two and a half.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's easy to say, looking back at the game, like, definitely got to go for that, but also we weren't stopping them, so it probably does make more sense to go for it in that situation because the Bills have just been They've been doing everything they wanted, so it's it's not fourth and five.
Speaker 3: Well, and here's the other piece.
Speaker 4: And I got Lamar and Derrick Henry, and I.
Speaker 1: Know Lamar said he was cramping. But what you can do there is because the Bills used a timeout, they use the timeout. You get two minutes there to kind of recover. You then trot your offense out, try to draw him off sides forty seconds to recover. If you don't call time out, another two minutes to recover, and then you got to go for.
Speaker 3: It because if you.
Speaker 1: If you don't get it, you might get the ball back, you know what I mean. If you don't get it and they score, you get the ball back. And if you do get it, the game's over. And here's my only criticism of Lamar from that game, My only criticism. When he threw the pass on third and nine where he did three yards short of this I assumed, I think it was actually the Hopkins I.
Speaker 4: Think and talked to Yeah it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I assumed he threw it there because he like obviously correct, but he was comfortable throwing it short of the sticks because it's four down territory, you know what I mean, Like, that's what I assumed was the case. If you're not if you don't know you're going for it, you can't and you can't throw short of the sticks there, like you've got to try to go get the first down. I also have a question for you to want and if the answer is had nothing to do with the game, that's fine. You sent out a tweet an hour into the game that said that that had a superhero, a bowl of ramen maybe, and then a trophy. Before you tell me what that is, I have a question. Is that a bowl of ramen in the in the picture.
Speaker 4: That's it's a ball?
Speaker 3: It's like, was it specifically? Are you? Are you going to tell us what that was?
Speaker 4: I was about to eat.
Speaker 3: I knew it. I was gonna guess.
Speaker 4: Then we come out and be b fair. Yes, yeah, everything to do with the game.
Speaker 2: I was tweeting super Bowl Champs. I thought the Bravens is gonna win the game. That's why I left it cryptic.
Speaker 1: But super Bowl Champs it I had it totally wrong. I thought I had it totally wrong, and I thought our producers were gonna laugh. What people don't know about you is, while you're not what I would call a chef, you do consider yourself a bit of like an elite. Yes, I had eggs and different rams, and I honestly thought you were watching the game and made yourself like a great Ramen meal watching it and were like calling yourself like the King of making Ramen noodles. I swear to God that's what I thought I did. Now now, super Bowl champ. That's pretty good. All right, that's pretty good. Um, okay, all right, do you have a you have a Derrick Henry tweet for me or to not tweet a question?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, um yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So aside from the fumble, Henry looked good as ever. Obviously he had one hundred and sixty nine yards and two touchdowns. Do you think that it's safe to say that the cliff isn't coming this year because you said he was getting a.
Speaker 1: Sure sure doesn't seem like the cliffs coming. Holy moly, that guy is unbelievable futures, unbelievable player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, alright, the.
Speaker 1: And I have no problem with Lamar shoving the fan me neither fan shoved him first.
Speaker 3: I have no prom not.
Speaker 1: Also, they didn't talk about on the broadcast, Bill's fans stop throwing ship on the field. They were the They were the originators of throwing sex toys on sporting event fields before it caught off fire in the WNBA and when Lamar when Derek Henry was running for his touchdown, they threw a water bottle on the field. They they famously threw snowballs at the Chiefs, like icy snow. Like the stop throwing stuff on the field, Like I have to listen every year to how Buffalo's got the greatest fans in the world because it's cold there and they shovel the stadium for him. Like, stop throwing stuff on the field, all right. Ever, sign up for a phone play and thinking wow, amazing price, and a few months later, surprise, your bill's hire Boost Mobile. You made twenty dollars a month forever unlimited talk, text and data starting at just twenty dollars a month, no price hikes, no contract forever.
Speaker 3: Plus.
Speaker 1: Boost Mobile is now a legit nationwide five G network. They've invested billions building five G towers across the country. Visit boostmobile dot com or head to your local Boost store today and get unlimited talk, text and data for twenty five dollars a month forever. Five G speed's not available in all areas after thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will be twenty dollars a month as long as they remain active on the Boost Unlimited plan.
Speaker 2: So we remember how the Super Bowl went so We've got that rematch coming up this weekend, and they are both coming off of underwhelming divisional performances. The Eagles obviously won, but they probably did win in the fashion they would have liked, and the Chiefs lost.
Speaker 4: How close to the super Bowl? How close to the super Bowl game do you think this will be?
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't listen.
Speaker 1: I do not think Kansas City is going to get blown out. I will if Kansas City gets blown out, I will be concerned.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I also spoiler alert, don't think Kansas City is going to lose. And I think that the Chiefs being home dogs with Patrick being healthy is a slap in the face, especially because I do think it's fair to say Philly did not look overwhelming in Week one, you know what I mean? Philly looked fine, but they looked kind of lucky, not lucky, but fortunate to get out of that game with a win against a Dallas team that there were no expectations for.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I I also think that those of us that have been hoping for or planning on, you know, the Mahomes light show as Brew calls it, to come back, going to have to wait some more time. Because obviously They knew they weren't gonna have Hershie Rice in this game, but now they also won't have Xavier Worthy in this game.
Speaker 3: And so I think it's going to be a lot.
Speaker 1: Of ball control, a lot of short intermediate stuff, and a lot of you know, Mahomes makes some magic, but I think you have a pissed off urgent Patrick Mahomes, and I think he will deliver. I'm going to add to it that where my where my concern comes in this game is is Jalen Hurts going to have four seconds to throw and that chief secondary not be able to hang in there?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: I know Jalen threw nothing but short except for the one bomb and had nothing but time against Dallas, But I also know that Justin Herbert had nothing but time and carved up the chief secondary. The part of the Week one game that was most dispiriting and most concerning to me Demanse was how the overall pass defense for Kansas City looks Now? Will Philadelphia take advantage of it? Okay, like, will Philadelphia to lean into that part of their offense?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, aj Brown went fifty eight minutes in Week one without a target, and they they still moved the ball, and Jalen was brilliant scrambling. But that's another piece of this game that does concern me. Designed pass plays jail and drops back, They wait, they wait, no one the times the coverage holds up, no one's open. Jalen's able to run. So I think Philly will be able to move the ball if they lean into the passing game. I think the Chiefs run defense has been one of their underrated factors the last couple of years, and even in that Super Bowl when the Chiefs got annihilated, the run defense was obviously really impactful. I did a good job. I shouldn't impact those the wrong word, did a good job, Saquon. The story of the Super Bowl was the disastrous offensive line play from Kansas City, And now I'm excited to see it because the Chiefs upgraded at left tackle obviously, and the Eagles don't have the edges they had last year. Now they still do have Jalen Carter in this game. As we talked about, he is suspended for this game, but he's playing in this game, and how will those matchups look. If Patrick has even a modicum of time, I believe he will be able to make Hay against this Eagle secondary that I believe is going to be a work in progress throughout the year. Obviously, Degene is very good and Quinyan Mitchell is excellent, and maybe I should call Degene excellent and Quenya Mitchell very good. But they're both at the very least very good. Play. But there isn't a single other person in that secondary that you trust I as far as demands, you know, will you panic? Should I panic if the Chiefs are zero to two? I The answer to that is unequivocally known. And here is the thing that it is frustrating is the wrong word, but annoying that folks don't see folks speak with authority and don't have the memories I guess that I do on what the Chiefs have actually been in, you know, the Mahomes era. In twenty twenty one, the Chiefs started three and four, three and four, coming off getting blown out in the Super Bowl by Tampa. They started the next year three and four and then found themselves, as they always do, at the absolute worst in overtime of the AFC Championship Game in twenty twenty three. The Chiefs in November to December lost. They had a stretch where they lost one, two, yeah, five out of eight, including within that stretch where they lost four out of six and in that where they lost three out of four and the only win came against the woeful Patriots, where they didn't even look that good, and they responded to that by winning the Super Bowl, the idea that they've never had that had just been see and even last year, even though they never lost games, people hated how they looked at various points in the regular season, and they found themselves in the super Bowl again. So it is just flatly inaccurate to say they haven't faced any regular season adversity or downswings during this time. It's just that the baseline is so high that they have been able to obviously more than overcome it. But I so I wouldn't panic. I will come on here, you know, Tuesday, if not before. If they get manhandled by an Eagles team that I don't think as good as last year's Eagles team, it is time for real concern, not panic, but concern. If it's a really good game and they end up coming up on the short end of it, I won't panic at all. But I think Kansas City is better than Philadelphia. And I also think this, and this.
Speaker 4: Is the like without the.
Speaker 1: Without without Rice and Worthy. Well, so here's the thing on that. I think that when Rice and Worthy are back, Philadelphia will be better than they are right now, because I think Philadelphia's defense has so many new pieces it's going to be, you know, a work in progress, so to speak. I also like here is And again, people can disagree with me. People can say that I'm you know, uh, waving pom poms, as Bruce says sometimes, and the you know with the pomp poms when I wave them, all I see is you've.
Speaker 3: Been right every year.
Speaker 1: But I firmly believe that given how Philadelphia played in Week one, that had they been playing the Chargers, they lose similar fashion the Chiefs do. And given how the Chiefs played Week one, had they been playing the Cowboys and that defense, there's no concerns about the Chiefs offense right now. Like I don't think Philly or Kansas City should be happy at all about how Week one went. Now, I know Philadelphia is one to zero and Kansas City's zero and one, but it feels to me like both of those teams had to be pretty uneasy about their performances. The only thing Philadelphia I thought did really well in week one was Jailen. I thought jaialen scrambles were just elite, you know what I mean. Jalen's ability to make something out of nothing was phenomenal. And the only thing the Chiefs did really well in week one was the Mahomes kind of magic, broken play craziness. Like, nobody on the Chiefs or the Eagles outside of their quarterback should feel great about Week one, and so we'll see how they both respond. But to your point, demon's about without Rice and Worthy for Kansas City. If if Kansas City wins the game without Rice and Worthy, that is a shot in the arm for Eagles. Well, I listen, I think Philadelphia's got the infrastructure and the too much talent. I don't think like there's not a lot of panic that should happen in week you know, in week two if like.
Speaker 2: If your top competition and they don't have like two of their best offensive guys.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, though, I don't this is for Philadelphia or Kansas City. I simply don't believe in cross conference rivalries in the NFL, and I don't believe in your top competition ever being someone in the other conference, like because it has to be such a perfect storm for you guys to play in a game that matters. Like let's just say for the record, or for example, I should say that Philly does blow out Kansas City, just annihilates them. It looks just like the Super Bowl. While that would reasonably shake anyone's faith that the Chiefs can beat the Eagles, it to me should barely shake your faith that can the Chiefs win the Super Bowl because like the Eagles would have to get there, as the Chiefs would have to get there obviously, but the Eagles w have to get there, you know. So the in a weird way like that Charger game and how the Chargers exploited what were Chiefs weaknesses was a bigger concern than anything that could happen Sunday, because the Chargers are direct competition. You play them again, You could play them in you know, in the first round of the playoffs, like Philadelphia maybe you know has Kansas City's number, but the Packers clip. I mean, it doesn't even matter. And so that the it is very rare that a cross conference rivalry be the rivalry it has to be almost NBA Lebron Cavs STEPH Warriors style, where it's like these two teams are just dominating. It's inevitable right that where we're going to end up. And that's just not to me realistic here. I know you wanted to ask me about how I'm watching the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is what's going to be your plan for the game? The setup? Are we kicking people out of there?
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to be back home.
Speaker 1: I might stay in Kansas City for the game, but I think I'm going to be back home there. There is a chance I stick around and watch the game in person, but I don't think that's what I'm going to do. So I don't have I guess a good answer.
Speaker 4: There, go ahead, it'd be high stressed for you.
Speaker 1: Well, it'd be a home game, Like I certainly would never watch this a game like this on the road. Right, and again, if people don't know the reason we're recording this Wednesday, the reason all being Kansas City is we are doing the show live, the TV show live from Power and Light two o'clock Central time on Friday, and I would love any and everyone in Kansas City to stop by and again, anyone that shows up with a first thing's first related sign all buy you a beer. And so the logistics or legality of that, I don't really know. But I'm just going to come there with a pocket full of twenties and hand them out to people who have first Things first signs.
Speaker 3: So that's the plan. It'll be great.
Speaker 1: There is a level, it would seem like, of trepidation from some other folks of how big the crowd's going to be. I think the crowd is going to be pretty big.