Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: I just the bits.
Speaker 3: Happy weekend friends, Excited to catch up with you on the Bobby Bone Show from this week. First, please check out part one Part three. This weekend, Abby joins me. Part one we talk about life and what's been going on with both of us lately. I have a little bit of a rant about all the health and stuff that I've been focused on lately.
Speaker 2: And then part three.
Speaker 3: Of course, we always answer a listener questions, so check those out. But if you just don't want to and say stop at Morgan, I want to hear what's happening on the.
Speaker 4: Show, then let's do this. Wow.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox had a very disappointing backstage encounter at our iHeart Festival in Las Vegas. He thinks he knows everything about reality TV, but he got a rude awakening that maybe he hasn't been paying attention as closely as he thinks.
Speaker 5: Number seven Lunchbox says he's disappointed in himself. Why is that? So?
Speaker 2: I was backstage at the festival, you know, over the weekend in Vegas, and there's these two people walking around, guy and girl, and they're walking the red carpet and I'm like, man, I have no idea who these people are and I usually know. It turns out they're from a reality show, and the fact that I don't know reality show people is a bad.
Speaker 5: Look on me.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what what are they from? And they're from Love Island, and I guess I am missing the boat. I think Love Island might be the new king on the reality show like platform to make a light living out of it, to have success afterwards, and it's one I don't watch, and I felt like. I went back to my hotel room that night and I was like, you know what, I think I gotta get on the Love Islands rain if I'm gonna be staying up with reality shows?
Speaker 5: Is that anything like?
Speaker 6: Is that your badge of honor that you stay up to date on reality shows?
Speaker 2: I love reality shows and I do love seeing like people I watch on reality shows when I see them backstage. And it used to be the Bachelor and Bachelrette people. And there was a couple of challenged people that have been at these Ihearted festivals, but they were from Love Island and I had no idea and I was just it was just disappointing.
Speaker 6: For me, I just never knew that was something that you took pride in knowing all the people from reality shows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like if I see a reality shows, I mean I feel like I'm in tune with what the big reality shows are and so I'll know the people from those reality shows, like the weird random ones on like CMT or you know like that. I don't know, I can't watch all of them, but have mainstream Love Island must be it right now.
Speaker 4: Guys Island has been popular though for a while.
Speaker 6: Like I think it really hit its stride though in the last year American Love Island.
Speaker 4: But it hits his thing.
Speaker 5: I was trying to like have his back a little bit.
Speaker 6: I didn't realize it was this thing either, Like what shows do you know the most people from?
Speaker 5: Because that still go.
Speaker 2: That's still good? Well man, it's really changed. I mean, I know I gave up on The Bachelor and Bachelorette, but we don't even really have those people there anymore.
Speaker 5: They're an olden Bachelor. It's coming back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one watches that.
Speaker 6: I don't think that's true. It got renewed. It's it's a whole different persons.
Speaker 4: Some people, well, must be watching lunch.
Speaker 6: But they don't bring it back unless it's you know, getting readings and revenue.
Speaker 2: No one our age watches that. That's all old people.
Speaker 5: No one that's not that's just not accurate.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't bring a show that only fifty five plus is watching on network television in the evening as a Bachelor product.
Speaker 2: Oh, I would like to see the If anybody could call in and watches The Golden Bachelor that's under fifty five, that would be amazing, Like leave a voicemail, because there's nothing I've met, nobody I think.
Speaker 5: I think you're just losing your touch. Also, you don't hang out with twenty eight year olds.
Speaker 2: I know twenty eight year olds. I play soccer against.
Speaker 6: Them, and you guys in the middle of the field go Hey, what reality showre you watching lately?
Speaker 2: Hey you watched The Golden Bachelor. No, I've not asked them that now I haven't right, if you're the survivor the Challenge Big Brother, Big Brother, which I mean that's reluctantly. My my wife likes it, so I watch it, but I am not all in on it. Traders that's another great one.
Speaker 5: It's on Netflix. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, it's really good. They go live in a castle in Scotland and they.
Speaker 5: Have to be on that show what se like season one or two? Maybe I can't. I can't do.
Speaker 6: I can't go live in another country to be one of the thirty people on a reality show. Uh. Yeah, it's a good one. I've never watched it, but I know it does pretty well.
Speaker 7: So if Lunchbrox is gonna jump on this, does he have to start over from the beginning?
Speaker 6: Well, it just sounds like he used to watch a lot of shows that he doesn't now.
Speaker 2: Right, It's part of is I don't watch as many shows because I don't have time. You know, I've got a little bit of this, a little bit of that going on, and.
Speaker 6: So if you do have a little bit of this, little bit of that, though, Man, I do I.
Speaker 2: Have a little bit of this, a little bit of that, Like I mean, that's the hard part. Like sometimes I don't sit down to watch TV until eight thirty at night, and it's like, man, where'd the day go?
Speaker 5: How long do you nap every day?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: A couple hours there that that's this?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, what's the that?
Speaker 2: Kids?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Getting them in bed? And like trying to you know, like I wish they'd go to bed at like seven so I could have my TV time. But when it's eight thirty, it's like, man, I got like one episode and I gotta go to bed.
Speaker 6: What if he didn't sleep in the day for two hours?
Speaker 2: Well, then I'm going to bed at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it Catch twenty two? Man?
Speaker 5: Amen? Brother? Ay, it was a little it was.
Speaker 2: A little rough for me. I kept asking me, he ay, man, who is that?
Speaker 5: Who is that?
Speaker 2: And they had to tell me it's Love Island people, and they apparently they didn't even make it all the way in the season. They got cut halfway. But they're the popular ones. I guess, Morgan, Do you watch Love Island?
Speaker 3: No, but I have a lot of friends that are into it. I'm not much of a reality TV person.
Speaker 5: You watch Golden Bachelor?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 5: I do not.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched Bachelor honestly since I was in the sorority house when all the girls were watching it.
Speaker 5: You lived in a sorority house, Yeah, in the actual house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was fifty girls living together.
Speaker 5: She was at Delta Delta Delta.
Speaker 6: I know all of like her sorority store. I didn't know she lived in the house.
Speaker 3: Though my sophomore year. My freshman year, I lived in the co ed dorms. Sophomore year, I lived in the sorority house.
Speaker 5: Did you like it?
Speaker 4: I loved it?
Speaker 5: What we got.
Speaker 3: We had a houseboys who would clean up the kitchen for us. We had a chef that would cook for us, like we had food all the time.
Speaker 5: Why'd you make It's amazing.
Speaker 4: You mostly lived there just your sophomore is it. Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you.
Speaker 3: Could if you wanted to be present or hold one of the chairs. I just didn't really care to do that. I was a co chair my sophomore year, and then I after that I was like, okay, I want to live in a house.
Speaker 5: Day. You learn something new every day about Morgan.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the.
Speaker 1: Best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: There was a parenting debate on the show this week. We talked about hot saucing, soaping, and spanking, which context clues here. If you don't know, you know hot saucing, you put it on the tongue soaping, put it in the mouse spanking. I think that one is obvious and basically the show ranked them of which one is better and worse, and just talked about parenting in general.
Speaker 5: Number six, it's hot saucing child abuse.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't know eactly what hot saucing is.
Speaker 6: Okay, hot saucing is used to punish kids. It's being debated right now, and it's dropping a couple drops of hot sauce on a child's tongue as punishment. Opponents argue it's a quick, memorable consequence that stops misbehavior without resorting to other physical punishments.
Speaker 5: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Uh, this is a physical punishment. It's pain in the mouth, it's physical. So what No, I don't like this. I would not do it. No, I think it's cruel.
Speaker 7: Okay, Eddie, thinking about this for a second, because I mean, we do all kinds of things, like I do push ups, Like that's kind of physical punishment. You know, my kids act up, they do push ups.
Speaker 5: Yep. I'm kind of going with this may be okay.
Speaker 6: Do you ever do a little Poppin' do a little popping sometimes? What's worse a poppin or a little dobble of hot sauce?
Speaker 4: Do you think this could cause stomach issues? It's a couple of draw Okay, on a.
Speaker 5: Tiny child, it's not put them in the tub of it and hold them holding them under.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Bobby, you have one dabble of milk and you've got stomach issues.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that's because I have an allergy. I think if you know your kid has an allergy and you make a beat wheat, I think that is.
Speaker 4: Child Okay, Well, that's true. And also everybody's palate is different, and their pain tolerance with heat varies, and how are you supposed to know if they're a kid.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're doing a lot of nuance here.
Speaker 6: Just generally speaking, do we think hot saucing is child abuse?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with no. I think if.
Speaker 6: In your family dynamic, there are physical punishments that are already established, I think this falls in line with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a hard time calling it child abuse, but I don't like it.
Speaker 5: Okay, what about spankings.
Speaker 4: I think that can vary child to child.
Speaker 6: This is varying child a child because I feel like this is the same I feel like it's the same thing, Like it's something physical. It doesn't feel good, It's not going to unless it's done in a way that exceeds what it's supposed to be done. It's not going to like hurt the kid long term a couple drops.
Speaker 7: The problem is, I think that the kid will probably look at it as like a little like that is gonna be a fun little game, like give me the drop on the tongue.
Speaker 2: I don't know, no, no, if that's that.
Speaker 4: Maybe I have an aversion to it because I had to take the hottest shot in the world and I almost die.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 4: Maybe so, And no, I feel like that was pretty painful.
Speaker 6: To be fair, you didn't almost die. You just thought you were dying for a second.
Speaker 5: That was scared. Yeah, there was no real proof, it was no real almost death.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, there was a little hyperbole there.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: But but I mean we all thought for a second I was going to the hospital at least.
Speaker 5: What if the kid just hated mustard and you did a mustard that's true.
Speaker 1: What if you just did something they hated?
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, Olives.
Speaker 6: I don't feel like this is much different than spanking. Like you could be against spanking and then you're probably against this. But I think it would be weird if you're like, yeah, we make our kids but that's hot sauce and is over the line if it's like one or two drops.
Speaker 5: I just had never heard of hot sauce.
Speaker 4: What would you would you do soap in the mouth.
Speaker 5: I've had that done to me, done that before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, same, I had that, and that feels like it's again the same type of punishment.
Speaker 5: Do we change your mind at all?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just can't. I could imagine maybe, just even though I had soap in my mouth as a kid, and I get it, like doing a popping or spanking just seems very different than like putting soap in their mouth.
Speaker 6: So rank them in your this is just your opinion, which is worse of the three A spanking, a soaping, or hot saucing. Put them in order worst to least.
Speaker 4: Okay, soap is worst? Yeah, okay, hot sauce because first, I mean some kids, it could be yummy wow, And then popping.
Speaker 5: That's the easiest.
Speaker 4: It's probably because I grew up I'm conditioned to think that, you know. Even though once we got adopted kids, we realized we thought we would be spankers as parents, and we realized quickly, like that's just not going to be best for our kids, and so I'm not. I used to think across the board. I was a blanket spanker, and now I'm not.
Speaker 6: I would think worse just again, just my opinion would be spankings worst.
Speaker 4: Okay, but how hard are y'all spanking?
Speaker 6: But how many drops of hot sauce are you doing? I mean it's the same thing sometimes even just one drop.
Speaker 4: But soap is.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 6: I didn't criticize your ranking. I'm gonna go spanking worse. Second worst is soap. The easiest is hot sauce.
Speaker 7: M Eddie, I'm with you, man, I think spanking's the worst. I think soap is pretty bad. Hot sauce kind of sounds.
Speaker 5: Fun in your Mexican, your Mexican.
Speaker 3: That's like candy hot sauce, like hot sauce.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 6: I don't think we're going to get like ghost peppers from that.
Speaker 2: We're not getting the hottest hot sauce in the world, all right.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's mild, I get it.
Speaker 5: No, we're not. It's not gonna be mild. Though. If we're gonna use it, we're gonna make sure.
Speaker 6: We're not gonna get extra mild sauce. And drop a little on the tongue. So I think it fits in the category of those. Yeah, yeah, I just wonder how you felt about it.
Speaker 4: I guess I feel like I'm all over the place.
Speaker 6: Shall we do that to us and see if we think it's hot? I got the show next week, like, find some hot sauce and do a dobble or two on your tongue, and I would think that the punishment goes like this, put your tongue out, don't swallow, just let it thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't you think because if you go there's no punishment there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, because the heat goes down the throat.
Speaker 5: I don't know about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it just transfers to a different part of the body.
Speaker 6: Why don't we find some hot sauce. We'll order some hot sauce, and then we'll spind the wheel and we'll see for ourselves how the punishment feels.
Speaker 5: And then we're gonna do spanking.
Speaker 4: Good idea.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two lunchboxes back on track for prices right. He finally got things figured out last week on Best Bits. You might have heard that he had quite the mix up with his tickets and the dates. Well, now he's paying extra close attention and he's ready to go.
Speaker 6: Number five, Let's get an update from Lunchbox about prices, right, because, as he told us last week, he bought tickets he was ready to go.
Speaker 5: Turns out he bought them for the wrong month.
Speaker 6: So that means somebody that was waiting for tickets in the standby got tickets this last week because Lunchbox bought them and then he couldn't go.
Speaker 5: So you made someone's dream come true accidentally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's what I do, is I'm out here making dreams come true. They showed up in La without tickets, just with the hope and prayer getting on and what do you know, September seventeenth, the wrong day of the week, the wrong day of the month that I was supposed to be there, so they got in to see.
Speaker 5: Come on, now, you're so thoughtful man. So the Lunchbox bought tickets for the wrong day. I guess got them. You don't buy them, No, you don't buy him.
Speaker 2: You just sign up online, dude, and you just boom. And I was I was just excited. I was scrolling down. I saw the seventeenth, and I boom, I hit it.
Speaker 5: So now what's happened? Have you got tickets for the real date?
Speaker 2: Well, guys, I got an update, said, you know what, I'm gonna make the price and right prices. Right, be sick of me. They are going to be so tired of my face. They're going to be forced to call my name to come on down. They put out tickets for October and I got tickets for October fifteenth. I got tickets for October sixteenth. I got tickets for October seventeenth. We're going back to back to back, Jack.
Speaker 5: I feel like you're about to have a stroke, yeah, like or a heart attack or something.
Speaker 2: No, I'm bringing the energy. This is the energy I'm gonna bring to the prices, right, this is how I'm gonna be when I get there.
Speaker 5: And did he get all those dates approved? I don't know. I s he okay to have off work all those days? Oh you stepped out? Oh yeah? Oh hold on, let's talk with Scuba. What's that Scuba?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, it's fine. If he goes man, it's good for the show.
Speaker 5: Dang.
Speaker 2: I mean we can connect him with the studio in La he can go there. Then the price is right. This is national exposure.
Speaker 7: Scuba sounds six Yeah, Scooba, I kind of we're told or something bys infection.
Speaker 2: So we was doing nights, you know. I'm doing that my afternoon show on the rock. My voice is just a little it goes, comes and goes.
Speaker 6: Okay, I need to talk to the real Scuba to see if he has granted permission for Muchbox to be.
Speaker 5: Gone all those days. Three days. That's it's a pretty bad precedent.
Speaker 2: It's not that bad of a precedent.
Speaker 5: What's that, Scuba.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think that, you know, it's smart that if he's going to be out there, he might as well. If he doesn't get on the fifteenth, he should try the sixteenth. If he doesn't get on then the seventeenth. It'd be kind of a waste if we just send him for one day, wouldn't it. I agree with you, Scuba, great call.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Scoo.
Speaker 2: That is so smart, dude, Like I'm flying all over to LA why would I just leave after one day? You're right, Scooba, I agree, thank you?
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I'll have talk. But that's good that you have real tickets. Now, I don't know how they don't let him on. I don't know how they don't let him on.
Speaker 4: So if he gets on on the fifteenth, does he come home after that?
Speaker 5: Let's that scuba?
Speaker 2: No, I mean there's other like let's make a deal is out there, and there's other ones that have daily.
Speaker 6: Getting back to your own voice, you can't there's and we we would probably send them to those.
Speaker 5: No, you sound like you again.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea, man.
Speaker 5: No, it's just you're talking with you right now.
Speaker 6: No, okay, So possibly Lunchbox could be on prices right the fifteenth to sixteenth to the seventeenth. I did need to see if we can give you three days off for that though, because this is all him. This is all like a him fun trip. This is not a work trip.
Speaker 5: I what do you mean?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, this is me doing if you.
Speaker 6: Could, you know, if you could guarantee you were going to get on the show, otherwise you're just like going to have fun.
Speaker 5: Would you not agree with that?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's fun standing in line for hours?
Speaker 5: Yes, you do.
Speaker 6: You know you're looking forward to standing in line for hours trying to impress the producers.
Speaker 2: You're exactly right, I'm thinking about Man, I got to put on a show on in line, I gotta be there is.
Speaker 5: That the street?
Speaker 7: Does that mean three days of him in the in the studio audience too?
Speaker 5: Does he get in automatically? Yes, there's no way he doesn't get on the show.
Speaker 6: Like I would bet money, he's going to get on because somehow this is going to get back to the produce. There's any way of us talking about it doing a bit for like a month. We have a pretty large platform. Also, he's got a lot of energy. I don't know how he doesn't get on. That doesn't mean he gets on to play a game. It just means he gets to be in the panel. That gets to be one dollar Drew that type of person. Yeah, okay, I'll talk to Scuba when he for real gets back. I forgot he's not in today, but the ghost of Scuba apparently is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He is good to go. Man, I am good. I wrote it down on the calendar.
Speaker 5: Do you think he should have extra days off too?
Speaker 2: Ah, that wouldn't be bad. It would be good for his mental well being. You know the stress of you know, learning the bids. He's gonna have to watch a lot of prices right between now and then, can I say.
Speaker 5: This Lunchbox kind of talks like foghorn leg horn. He'll foghorn leg horn and be like I was gonna eat.
Speaker 6: Me a cook it a cook it, cook it cracker, and Lunchbox is like for his mental.
Speaker 5: Well, well be okay, Well I'm glad you have to gets a good job.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Bobby did something for the first time ever. He never thought he would do this after all of his years of serving. He's like, no way, I'll never be that person. Well he had to be after he got some really rough service.
Speaker 6: Number four, he used a food delivery service and I order this is what I ordered exactly. I ordered a smoothie, I ordered some random bone broth, I ordered a juice, and these three things come to my house in a bag, all dumped over in the bag right now, dumped over in the bag. I don't feel like as the restaurants faulled because I don't think they dumped it over in the bag. And if they did dump it over in the bag, don't you think the person because it was all wet, don't you think the driver would have been like oh, this is dumped over. So the driver dumped the food over even accidentally, and then left it at the door dumped over or the again. There was a ring around the bottom of the bag, and as soon as I saw it, I thought, great, a my and this moothe was three fourths of the way dumped over bone it.
Speaker 4: Oh what would you have done? Oh, I'm going to take a picture, and I loaded it into the app and I get a refund an option.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, oh yeah, I didn't do that.
Speaker 4: I do that if they credit they credit you back right away. They'll ask you do you want a refund on your original form of payment or do you want a credit to the delivery app? And normally the I mean they want you to choose credit to delivery app because then that keeps you using it. But yeah, you should, that's what I would do immediately.
Speaker 6: Well, I still drank the fourth of this moothe, so I think I would have felt guilty about getting a refund.
Speaker 4: I think I was, yeah, yeah, you still keep it. You take a picture.
Speaker 5: No, I know, but I drank a fourth of this movie.
Speaker 4: Before you drink it, and then I think, yeah, you don't want to waste it. But you still weren't delivered the quality of product that you were promised.
Speaker 6: Well, I did something I don't normally do, almost never do. I went on the app and they're like, rate your driver. I gave them one star.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't do that. You don't need that?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, take it up with the business.
Speaker 5: But you think the driver is gonna come back and kill you well or something.
Speaker 4: They know exactly where you live.
Speaker 5: I don't think they keep a notebook. Ye, memory.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys like to act like they don't know where they went last. Yes they do, yes they do.
Speaker 6: But also they know they dumped it over. And I think other people that are getting that driver, maybe they shouldn't get that driver. If they're bad and they get enough ratings, maybe they they're not allowed to drive anymore.
Speaker 5: Like take care of people.
Speaker 4: Fall ill to delivery app? Work that out. That's between them and Jordas or whatever.
Speaker 6: That is not how do they know if you don't tell, they know I'm not low rader. I gave them one star, and then I had a tip on there. I remember the tip exactly. It was eleven dollars. I changed it to one dollar. I gave them one star and one dollar.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's good.
Speaker 4: So did they ever know they had eleven?
Speaker 5: Probably not, because I don't know when it goes in, because they dropped it at the door, and like three or four minutes later I went and got it.
Speaker 6: If they got tipped the eleven in that three or four minutes, like as soon as they drop it off it goes to eleven dollars, well then they got a minus.
Speaker 4: I mean, what in the role are you doing with that bag to where it gets that mess? They literally like at the.
Speaker 5: Door, at the door, Yeah, like nineteen sixties paper man, I gotta go, boom, there's your food. It was unbelievable to me.
Speaker 6: And I understand that people are going through crabs sometimes and so service is gonna be worse, and I don't penalize people for that, but.
Speaker 4: This was careless.
Speaker 6: This was so care Yeah, it was so reckless that I gave them one star and one dollar.
Speaker 5: If you were the driver. I just thought about this.
Speaker 7: If you were the driver and it was in your car and it tipped over and you saw that the oh, the bag's kind of wet. But I'm already here. I could just leave it at the door.
Speaker 6: I know what I would do, and I would do something different. I would take it out of the bag, because if it tipped over a little bit, something's gonna be out. But I'm gonna I take it out of the bag, and I'm gonna sit them on the porch with that no bag, because it happens all the time.
Speaker 4: But even if it's even smoothy, it would be like half the way down.
Speaker 6: Or I would send a note to the person going, hey, uh, it dumped over. I'm really sorry, Well, you should ask for a refund. That's happened before. They've messed up the food and they tell me, hey, you should ask for a refund. Something happened here, so that. Or I would go and stop at a gas station to pour water in it make it fully get up.
Speaker 4: I thought, obviously bad. Do you have a bottle of water to spill it up?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 5: And then and then it's on the restaurant. Yes, it's on the restaurant bringing a crappy product. So I did one dollar in one star.
Speaker 6: I don't like that that had to do that, but I felt like that was the mature thing to do to help other people in the future.
Speaker 5: This is good though. You never take tips away never because I was the person that needed tips my whole life. That's growth.
Speaker 6: But if I did a bad job, I would expect less tips. So that's all. And so if I'm murdered tomorrow, guys.
Speaker 5: We know who did it.
Speaker 6: Come forward the person, get into my app and look at it and see who it was, because then I do I develop a story about them in my head. After I do something like that, I'm like, oh, man, Charles probably had a bad day again. In a fight with his wife. He's like, are you going too much doing the delivery drive? And he's like, I'm just trying to raise money for our family, our kid. Yeah, and he's out, probably got a grandma that's sick. Oh no, And here I am tipping him one dollar. So then I fight this the whole time, but I feel good about it. I'm secure in my one dollar in one star. It does not make me a worse person.
Speaker 4: That makes you a vulnerable person.
Speaker 5: And Amy thinks I'm going to die.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lunchbox got an unexpected guess. His wife had a surprise for him when he got home the other day, and he was like, WHOA, I do not get the respect I deserve around here. And as you know, Lunchbox always talks about how he wears the pants in his relationships, So their conversation that you're about to hear may have you debating that number three.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox says he gets no respect at his own house. What happened?
Speaker 2: I came home from work the other day and my wife is sitting on the front porch having a glass of wine.
Speaker 5: With her sister. Why is that not respectful towards you?
Speaker 2: I had no idea her sister was coming to town.
Speaker 5: Oh she doesn't live here.
Speaker 2: No, she lives in Austin.
Speaker 5: Was she just stopped and buy for an hour or so?
Speaker 2: No, she was just decided to, I guess, come and visit for a couple of days. And my wife didn't even mention it.
Speaker 5: Did your wife know she was coming? Was it a surprise?
Speaker 2: I know my wife knew. Apparently, as I later found out, I confronted her, and not really confronted like I'm angry, kind of like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 5: Here is audio of Lunchbox confronting his wife.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused. I'm your sister's here?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Am I cool? She booked a last minute fight yesterday and decided to be here today.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like, hey, there's this thing I live with you. You could have been like, hey, depends up my sister's coming, or a text message like hey, my sister decided on book flights. But just I come home and you guys are drinking wine on the porch.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it was a fun spur of the moment in I just.
Speaker 2: Felt like it was a little disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Oh sorry, okay, won't again.
Speaker 2: Don't worry out.
Speaker 5: Dang, she laughed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, she is saved.
Speaker 5: It's funny.
Speaker 2: She's like, but it's so cool that it was the last minutes for the moment and you're right.
Speaker 4: Don't let happen. And she's like, ha ha, okay, buddy.
Speaker 6: We heard rumor was because we went to Vegas for our iHeart Festival last weekend. We heard that she didn't go because you didn't want to pay your in laws to come back.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Yeah, so she was at home, she was going to come, she was going to come, but I didn't want to pay the in laws, and so she had to take care of the kids, and so she was there with them all weekend. And maybe that's why she thought it was okay for sister to just drop in, I don't know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, wait, clarify, I paid the in laws. But do you mean like for their flight, but you're because you're certainly not paying them.
Speaker 5: Yes, remember the whole story. You remember were you gone? Are you drunk? She might have been sick.
Speaker 4: No, what are those two options?
Speaker 5: Gone or drunk?
Speaker 2: Well, she was gone the whole week we got back from vacation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, d he gave gone an option?
Speaker 2: Gone was an option.
Speaker 5: Gone was an option.
Speaker 6: So so you weren't drunk, correct, Okay. So the story was when Lunchbox and his wife went on vacation, the in laws came in to watch the kids, and when they were taking him to the airport, his wife took him to the airport, droped him off. She came back and told him, hey, we should give him five hundred bucks and he's.
Speaker 5: Like, for what?
Speaker 6: And we all agreed that was kind of a weird ask, but it was if you don't, they probably won't be so available the next time because they didn't pay for their flights or anything.
Speaker 5: But that was that's what happened, okay. Yeah, and so that is why she didn't go to Vegas.
Speaker 2: Right, and so she was at home and now my sister in law's here.
Speaker 5: But did you like that she's here? She like help watch the kids.
Speaker 2: I mean she's really nice. I mean she's good with the kids. But it just was a little bit of a like, oh hello, Like I didn't seem very excited to see her because I didn't know she was going to be there.
Speaker 5: Better than the last time you caught your wife drinking wine on the porch some random dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was wine and cheese and crackers.
Speaker 5: Uhuh with some random guy.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well he's probably they.
Speaker 6: Probably drinking wine somewhere else if you came home. It's kind of awkward.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So how's this going to end?
Speaker 2: Well, she'll be here for a couple of days and then she'll fly out and hopefully we won't see her for a little bit, not like in a bad way.
Speaker 5: You think your wife's going to ever do this again?
Speaker 2: Probably not.
Speaker 5: She'll just text me, would you do this if you had a friend coming in?
Speaker 4: Good question?
Speaker 2: You know that's what I should do.
Speaker 6: I should just have someone dropping the question. It's not retalid retaliation.
Speaker 5: You should do.
Speaker 2: No, I don't really have friends that can just fly in on a whim. Everybody I know they've got a plan way in advance.
Speaker 5: But you think now, she will check with you because.
Speaker 6: Disrespect and you run the house right, and there's a pair of pants and you wear them right. I didn't hear that in the club at all, but we'll respect it.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 4: She did it all for the bit.
Speaker 3: Amy let her license expire after talking on the show, and the guys were encouraging her to let her license completely expire so maybe she'd have to do a driver's test, and well she did it, and the guys admitted they were joking, but she listened anyway. So now she's in kind of a pickle and we'll see what happens as she either has to take the driver's ed course or not, or hopefully just get her license renewed.
Speaker 6: Number two, if you missed it, Amy let her license expire, she has to go retake the driver's test to get her license back.
Speaker 5: She's currently driving illegally. I'm surprised you said that.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, but the whole that's known from this whole segment.
Speaker 5: I know to verbalize it. Yeah, I'm glad. It's funny. But you could have been like Iuber and we knew you didn't hear you.
Speaker 4: You imagine you bring everywhere?
Speaker 5: Okay, here we go. A triangular red and white sign means.
Speaker 4: What a try? Oh m, A triangular red and white.
Speaker 5: I have all the questions. I don't have the answers, like.
Speaker 4: A triangular warning hazard.
Speaker 5: A triangular red and white sign.
Speaker 4: A triangle red and white?
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know the answer?
Speaker 6: Red and white? I would think that's do not enter. No, it's not.
Speaker 5: What is it like?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 2: Yield?
Speaker 5: It's just upside down.
Speaker 6: Oh, they're gonna take my license too. I'm gonna don't someone to show up and take my license.
Speaker 5: Triangular red and white, upside down triangle. I can't picture it in my head.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just turn the triangle upside down and says yield on it.
Speaker 5: A flashing red traffic light means.
Speaker 4: What stop like a stop sign and then turn?
Speaker 6: Yeah, stop completely right and then proceed. Yes, I would think that's what that one is.
Speaker 4: Then go straight.
Speaker 5: Yeah. What does a solid yellow line on your side of the road mean?
Speaker 4: That means solid? Is it yellow? Or white. Solid yellow means I gotta stay in my lane. I can't cross like in life has to be dotted.
Speaker 5: Stay in your lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, stay on my side of the street.
Speaker 5: What does a solid yellow line on your side of the road mean?
Speaker 4: Don't cross?
Speaker 5: What is your answer?
Speaker 4: Don't cross? Stay on your side of the lane.
Speaker 5: I would think it means no passing, Like don't pass? Yeah, no passing.
Speaker 4: That's the same thing. If you pass, you're leaving your side of the street and you're crossing.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, fair enough? Next yeah, next up.
Speaker 6: What's the legal blood alcohol concentration limit for most adult drivers in the US?
Speaker 4: I do not know, but uh, I hear point eight a lot or point eight or that'd be deadly eight or eight point eight.
Speaker 5: There you go, probably the answer, I believe.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what I would guess.
Speaker 6: When approaching a school bus with flashing red lights, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Stop and immediately until it goes away.
Speaker 6: I'll mess with that, stop and remain stopped until the lights on the bus stop flashing.
Speaker 4: Nailed it?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that one.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: If you miss your exit on the highway, I'm gonna give you some options here. You should stop and back up carefully, keep going.
Speaker 4: It could be that never happened.
Speaker 6: Make a U turn in the median, go to the next exit and turn around, or pull on to the shoulder and reverse there.
Speaker 4: Go to the next exit and turn around.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, how about this one.
Speaker 6: When parallel parking, your vehicle's wheels should be within how many inches the curb?
Speaker 5: What like that's tough as.
Speaker 4: Loose as possible without damaging the rooms?
Speaker 6: Or just like it aittybody scratch? When do you feel it aity bitty scratch? You know you're just close enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never I didn't know there was a measurement.
Speaker 5: But let me give you some options.
Speaker 4: Sure, I take options.
Speaker 6: When parallel parking, your vehicles will should be within how many inches of the curb? A six inches, B twelve inches, C eighteen inches or D twenty four inches six inches.
Speaker 5: It's B twelve inches a foot.
Speaker 4: But it could be twelve Well you.
Speaker 5: Know what I mean? You know what, if you're six, you get bonus.
Speaker 4: If you're six, you were skilled, and I am a talented parallel parker.
Speaker 6: I'll give you one more. If you're involved in a minor collision with a parked car. This is pretty specifically and you cannot find the owner.
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 4: You leave a no? Or wait?
Speaker 5: Can I give you the options? Yes? Please A drive away if the damage is small he.
Speaker 6: Uh, wait for the owner to return, call your insurance only and let them know, or leave a note with your contact information.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say sometimes people won't have the time to wait for the owner to return, so leave a note with your information.
Speaker 5: That's correct. Okay, you one more?
Speaker 4: Yes? Feel pretty good?
Speaker 5: The two second rule.
Speaker 6: The two second rule is used for a timing yellow lights, B, parking on a hill, see avoiding tailgating tickets or D keeping enough following distance.
Speaker 4: Well, following distance and tailgating same thing, right. I'm confused by that.
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: Do they hand out tailgating tickets?
Speaker 5: I don't know. You can get a til getting ticket?
Speaker 4: I don't know, so it must be D. It helps you know when you're falling too close.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I'll give you one more because this is a good one. Okay.
Speaker 6: When driving in heavy rain in your car begins to hydroplane, do you A accelerate slightly, B, take your foot off the gas and steer straight. C turn sharply to regain control or D break hard immediately.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't break hard, immediately. Eliminate that one. Okay, don't accelerate. That was the first one, right, that'd.
Speaker 5: Be bad, right, I'm asking you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then so the middle to.
Speaker 6: So you have turn sharply to regain control, or take your foot off the gas and steer straight.
Speaker 4: Take your foot off the gas.
Speaker 5: Yes, your you should pass the test. It's a good job. Just eliminate the idiot ones. Yeah, you're good, you know, give her a license. Bring every one in. We'll write your one out and if they stop you just show them this.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, very exciting news coming in our number one spot. Bobby and his wife are expecting their first child. It's huge news all over our social media and his. So if you missed it, I promise I'm not lying to you.
Speaker 4: This is not a joke.
Speaker 3: This is real and it's very exciting. And this is Bobby talking about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Number one, I'm happy for you have.
Speaker 2: I literally just let the voicemail that it makes me so happy whenever people I love want to have a baby and then they get pregnant and out you.
Speaker 4: Congratulations. I don't even want to leave my name because I sound crazy, but it's Hailey from Missouri.
Speaker 5: That's funny. Thank you, great call.
Speaker 6: Yes, so we finally got to announce yesterday that my wife is having a baby. I'm not going to be mister we're pregnant guy. We're going to have a baby. It's going to be our baby. But she's the one that pregnant with it because she's the one that's been sick.
Speaker 5: That's good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, we're having a baby and it's crazy, and it's been the secret that's been the hardest to keep because it's been a long secret and it's different than a normal secret. Like I got secrets so deep in me that I'm never going to share from people. But this is a weird one because you know you're going to share it at some point. It's like when you got to use the bathroom really bad, and the closer you get to the house, the more it starts hitting.
Speaker 5: Yet. Yeah, it's like, as we were getting closer to.
Speaker 6: Being able to tell them, oh, I got to tell somebody, so, yeah, we're having a baby, and she's having the baby, but we're going to have a baby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's awesome.
Speaker 4: I think it's so heavy you to say we're having a baby.
Speaker 6: I know, I just have seen her go through it. Oh yeah, and I feel guilt with going because I ain't doing crap.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think as long as you don't say we're pregnant.
Speaker 5: Because I can say we're having a baby, yes, because.
Speaker 4: It's that helps, you know, not that anybody would think you're not the dad, but you're you are having a baby.
Speaker 6: When you say, if you say we're pregnant, well, Amy got me a book that was like, we're pregnant.
Speaker 5: Did you know that's what the book was called.
Speaker 4: Oh well that was more so for you to know the stages of the pregnancy.
Speaker 5: I've learned so much about pregnancy and stages. I bet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's been wild.
Speaker 4: So yeah, sorry, I should have crossed that out and been like, Caitlin's pregnant and here's what you need to learn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 6: It'd be our first kid and we're very excited about it. But it has been a bit because she's been very sick.
Speaker 5: Like here's the thing.
Speaker 6: They might call it morning sickness, but they forgot to say sometimes you're sick for twenty four hours a day for two months total and you can't get out of bed.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I've often wondered why it's called morning sickness, Like are you mourning your life? Yeah? Like are you just like mourning getting pregnant because it's so painful.
Speaker 5: It's a good point.
Speaker 6: We had so many great messages and you guys can call us as well if you want. Eight seven, seven seventy seven.
Speaker 8: Bobby, congratulations to you and your wife. That's so awesome to hear. I've been a father for about three years now. It's quite the journey. It's amazing. Genuinely, I want to say congratulations, see you in the missus, and good luck with a Bobby. It's the best thing you're ever going to do with your wife.
Speaker 5: Take care, Thank you very much.
Speaker 6: We posted on Instagram yesterday about three o'clock. We really didn't have a time or a set plan, and my wife came down and was doing an interview with Clint Black. She came down and hung out a little bit and she was like, let's just go in and post it. I think for her it was good just to get it out there. Yeah, because you know we're in it now. I'm not going to say exactly where we are on the stage and not gonna reveal the gender or anything, so make it easier for me and don't ask. But I think she was just ready for it to be said. She was getting a lot of weird DM so was. I was like, your wife hasn't been on your social media? You guys getting divorced?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, and like that.
Speaker 6: However that started and no, she just we went on vacation and we took her family on vacation, her mom and her dad and her sister and her brother in law. And she wasn't any of the pictures and so people were like, you didn't have your life and into your pictures?
Speaker 5: Are you guys going through a divorce?
Speaker 6: And I'm like, do you think if I were going through a divorce we would take our family on vacation? Yeah, so yeah, we're gonna do it. Well, I mean, we did it, but now we're gonna do it. We're gonna have a baby. I had a few other ideas for that caption on the pictures that we posted yesterday, and we ended up just putting like a baby emoji and a heart, and my wife and I we collabed, but I had some ideas. Number one was we both were gonna hold our shirts up and be like, one of us has got a baby in us.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: Number two was gonna be like, she let me do this to her.
Speaker 4: Oh no, you don't need that. That's weird.
Speaker 5: Nope, funny.
Speaker 4: I don't like that one. What's next for those of the two?
Speaker 6: Well, I had a few more, but if you don't like that one. And she was like, we can do whatever you want, but I'd prefer not to make it, you know, a comedy act. And so we settled on the baby head and the heart.
Speaker 4: I'm sure when I texted you about it, because Caitlyn had told me, and then I texted you like, oh my gosh, congratulations. And then you were like, what like you reply back your little comedy sketch. He goes, what Kaitlyn's pregnant?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I know. Another comment was she didn't like this one. I think it's mine.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: That's always a good one, right, that's an old trustee. That's an old trustee one there.
Speaker 4: It's always a bit.
Speaker 5: It's a bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it't tell you it ain't a bit. I got a lot of great calls and texts and I'm not a person. When there's really good or bad news that calls anybody, I'll text. But I really admire people who call because and I didn't want to really answer them because I feel awkward, Like I feel like they don't even want to talk, they just feel like they have to call. But I got a call from a couple people yesterday and they were like, just want to say I saw it, and I gasped and I don't know, I just called you. And then I feel like they're on the phone way too long with me, like they don't really want to be on the phone with me. So I'm like trying to get off the call the whole time. I'm like, thank you, I'll tell her, and you know, all right, It's just I'm bad on the phone.
Speaker 5: Got the future baby? Got an offer a scholarship at Purdue yesterday? What already already?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: Wow? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm friends with coach Odam, the football coach there, and he was like, hey, whatever it is, boy or girl scholarship offer to Purdue right now, Yeah, call.
Speaker 5: Me and let me know that.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, Caitlin's so athletic. I bet you do.
Speaker 2: But like Jimmy, what are you doing.
Speaker 5: No, she's way more athletic than I am.
Speaker 4: Yes, I feel like you didn't let me finish. Between the two of you, your baby is gonna have skills.
Speaker 5: It will come out about it even y.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it gets my wife's athleticism, it's on m hmm because she her whole family, they are gifted the superb athletes.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's what's up. How you feeling?
Speaker 6: It's been We've been in this for months. At this point, it feels good to just finally reveal it.
Speaker 4: I think the way you put it of like when you have to go to the bathroom and the closer you get, like the worst, you just have to go, like you just want to get it out. It's got to feel so freeing that.
Speaker 6: The other analogy is running on a treadmill, Like the closer you get to that whatever mile mark, you're like, I can't do this much, you really start to go I don't know if I can do this much longer as you get closer to it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it feels. It feels great to say it.
Speaker 6: And you know, my initial pitch was to not even announce there was a pregnancy, just to have the baby exist whoazy. It would just start showing up in pictures and my wife was like, I don't think so I have to hide for like nine months, And I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: But what a bit huh.
Speaker 4: Then there would be all these things of like who's the surrogate or where'd y'all get that baby?
Speaker 6: No, but we would have pictures to post where'd you get the baby? That's a funny one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's what I mean. This baby disappears.
Speaker 5: But that's the bit that's awesome, just an appearing baby. So yeah, it's awesome. I don't even know. I really have no idea.
Speaker 4: Are you scared?
Speaker 5: Not yet? Yeah, she'd been so sick.
Speaker 6: She was so sick for so long that it's mostly just like no time to think about anything else except try to get her better.
Speaker 4: I don't know. It's scared maybe is the right word, but just like that's the right word, yeah, nervous, scared. Yeah, you'll probably as you get closer, I'm sure there.
Speaker 6: Will be anxiety that comes in. But I think the most anxious that I've been was.
Speaker 5: Like pre all of this, I just I don't know. I was always scared, and I don't know.
Speaker 6: I think part of me was like, I'm never going to have a kid, or I may not have a kid, and I'm okay with that because I didn't want to have a kid and be poor because I grew up as a poor kid with no resources, and so we don't have to worry about that. You know, that's a selfish thing, and there's gonna be other hard things, But to me, that was always the fact, like I don't want to have to raise a kid like I grew up and so we don't have to. And again, if it weren't for her, I don't know that I would have ever had a kid. So yeah, I really don't talk about IM probably gonna say a lot of things wrong because people get offended at everything when talking about people being pregnant stuff. There was one comment yesterday we did here and I didn't go into the comments purposefully and got a lot of them, and this this comment was like, and again I'm going to say a lot of stuff wrong. So if you're offended by what I say, I didn't mean to. But also kick rocks both, right, Like I apologize in advance if I say something that's offensive, and I don't mean to be offensive. But this person wrote glad you had success with IVF from a fellow IVF R. And I'm like, we didn't do IVF, And also, there's nothing wrong with IVF the a lot of my friends I've done it.
Speaker 5: But why would they assume that no idea, no idea, that's a weird one. Yeah, you comment back, I didn't call it was not the Bobby Bone Show page.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think your response was.
Speaker 6: So, you know, I'm just saying over the next few months, I'm going to say stupid things, yeah, because I don't know enough about Yeah, but I feel.
Speaker 4: Like, was that an example of just someone else saying something stupid? Oh? Yeah, you might, yeah, yeah, I mean whatever, it's just someone making an assumption.
Speaker 5: Well, why would you even assume that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well, you know what about because she's thirty three?
Speaker 6: It's not you know, I don't know if there's is there an age thing when people get older? Is it more of a because she's not older yet, she's not what's a geriatric pregnancy?
Speaker 5: Weird word by the way.
Speaker 4: So weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah you should be like eighty and pregnancy.
Speaker 4: Man, definitely going to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah you should be. Yeah. So, yeah, we didn't do IVF. But if we did. Who cares?
Speaker 6: Why would you even write that anyway if we did, Like, you don't know that, you're just assuming something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that was the only thing that you know.
Speaker 4: What assuming does?
Speaker 5: M h.
Speaker 6: I've heard, so I'll grab some calls. We'll take a little break, come back. It's really nice to be able to say it and not hide it anymore so. And I've been dropping little easter eggs here and there. If you guys have been paying attention.
Speaker 2: So like, what, uh stroller talk?
Speaker 5: Oh d it was all over but stroller talk you knew?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh so maybe I wasn't noticing it. Probably not because I'm like, well sometimes we talk about stroll and you kept saying over and over, I know nothing about strollers.
Speaker 5: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It didn't occur to me. I don't really know if that was an easter egg. Now I'm curious, what are.
Speaker 5: You buying the Lamborghini stroller? I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I no, no, please don't.
Speaker 6: That was on the podcast yesterday. If you guys want to go hear that.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining this week in Friends. If you're a brand new here and never listen to Best Bits. Thanks for being here. If you're a regular, I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 4: You're the best.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're checking out Part one Part three this weekend.
Speaker 4: It is with Abby.
Speaker 3: We always answer listener questions, so that's super fun too. If you just want to check out Part three as well, and if you want to try something new, you can listen to my podcast take this personally. Next week, I am having my boyfriend on, so I'm very excited to introduce him to all of you guys and not only share our story, but share his story. So subscribe to that so you don't miss it. And that's all for me. I'm gonna get out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 3: Friends.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 5: And follow at web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.