Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky and kooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way. Wait a minute, Hey, I'm gusted I gos Nandas please Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Gusta by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I like to talk to people that I like about the paranormal. I got to talk to you the hilarious actor, comedian and paranormal enthusiast Rob Hubel, who came with some stories, and we're gonna get to that in a moment. But first, here's a story from a listener named Emily. Emily writes, when I was sixteen, I had my first job at a candy store that was on the street level of a very old, closed hotel. This hotel is a historical landmark and is known to be haunted. I didn't believe in go, so I didn't think anything of it. One morning, I was opening the store by myself. I got there early to prepare for opening and locked the front door behind me. The bathroom was shared with the business next door, so there was a door that locked from each business that entered into a small room which then led to the bathroom. Okay, I'm trying to picture this. Before the store opened, I took my apron off and went peep. When I tried to get back into the store, the door was locked. I was locked in the tiny room between both businesses and the bathroom. I know I unlocked this door because I got myself in there. I know nobody else could have locked the door because I was in the store alone and I had locked the front door. The business that shared this restroom was a restaurant that wasn't going to be open for several hours. The next employee wasn't going to be at the candy store for several hours. I left my phone in my apron pocket, so I couldn't call for help. I was panicking, crying, trying the door, crying some more, trying the door again. It was fucking locked. I sat in there and cried for several minutes. I was so scared. Eventually I calmed myself down, stood up, took a deep breath, and tried the door again. This time it was unlocked. Did I just get pranked by a ghost? Did this happen because I would tell people I didn't believe in ghosts? Is this how the ghost was telling me, I'm here, bitch. After this, I believe in ghost and I never peed there again. Honestly, I would dehydrate myself on workdays so I could make it through a shift without peeing. On other occasions, my boyfriend and I heard footsteps running in the hallway of the closed hotel above the store. Other employees told me they had heard footsteps when they were working alone too. Emily, Oh, that's terrible when you have to go peepe. Every time I've stayed at a haunted hotel, I do the same thing. It's not good, but I like make sure I barely. I'll just have like a sip of water just to wet my mouth because there's no way I'm getting up in the middle of the night. I totally feel you well, Thank you, Emily. Okay, let's talk to Rob Hubel and with the show you guys. I am joined by Rob Hubel. Hello, Hi, I'm so happy you're here. I'm actually a fan of yours and I've seen you a billion times and a billion things.
Speaker 2: That's so nice. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I think you're hilarious.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Transparent is one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Yeah, girl, and you were not that funny on it, but you were really good, and I was like, damn, okay.
Speaker 2: I know I had to kind of be sort of the bad guy. Yeah, I was the bad guy at the beginning, and then they kind of like had me come around a little bit. But that show was like, you know, really, I don't know, it was just like life changing, you know. I mean I got to meet so many great people and just to be included in that story was super fun. But just the whole process was amazing. I mean that's a different podcast, but I can tell you about that sometimes.
Speaker 1: Oh I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I brought you here today to talk about ghosts, Oh my god, which is also something that you have dabbled in as well.
Speaker 2: I dabble well, yeah, I always tell people, because I was telling you that I talk a little bit about ghosts every now and then on Twitch, and I kind of preface it with like, I don't know, I don't I don't know, but you don't know either, so shut up, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, people, some people are like, oh, no way, and I'm like, you don't fucking know. No one knows, so let's just talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is something that I deal with all the time. I mean, I have this weekly podcast and then I do television show where I ghost hunt, and I'm constantly having people come to me looking for answers and very disappointed when I say I can't give you an answer to the unknown. Nuh, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not Ghostbusters. It was Ghostbusters. That would be a.
Speaker 1: Movie exactly, a franchise, right, And like, I get it, because you know, you're always looking for authority, like we are just as humans looking for If we have, I don't know, a bone problem, we go to a doctor that specializes in that, like whatever we are, a law a problem, we go to a lawyer, like we we want that. But it's like, yeah, when you have an invisible person in your house, you will find people that'll tell you I'll get to the bottom of it, But I don't really know that you ever will, and I don't. I think more so it's about trying to manage it or you know, it's like I don't I don't want some kind of invisible force to make your life hell, but I don't necessarily know that. I could tell you one hundred percent this was a demon. Yeah, and this demon lived in the in Hell in sixteen hundred and I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody can. I listen, I met ed and Lorraine Warren stop. Yeah, like a million years ago. We were shooting a ghost thing in New York and had them come on this thing and we interviewed them, and I can kind of tell, like off camera, like they don't really know exactly, you know, like they've done it a lot, Like they go to these things, but they don't really know what this thing is. You know. It's like everyone's just trying to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do think you can do a bunch of study, Like a lot of people around the world for decades and decades have done studies, and you can look at their conclusions and sort of, you know, use those as theories to what it could be. But yeah, it's hard to say definitively. I have to know about and Lorraine Warren. So what were you doing with them?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, very sexy couple, very very sexy couple.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, vera for Mega and Patrick Wilson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I met them in their older year and I think they probably have both passed away by now. They have yeah, I think I met them like fifteen twenty years ago. And before I did any comedy, I just worked in production, like on different shows in New York. I came up in New York in the comedy improv world, and so my day job was just working on different shows, like I worked on the Martha Stewart Show for a while, and I worked on The Daily Show. I worked for Michael Moore. So I just jumped around on a lot of different projects. And one of these production companies I worked for was doing a Halloween thing for AMC. You know how you know that channel AMC. They used to do this thing during Halloween where they would show thirty days of horror movies, and so they had like a host that would do intros and outros for all of these scary movies. And when I worked for them, we were shooting with Tim Burton and he was the host and he was introing all of these spooky movies, and so my job. They wanted to actually shoot in real houses or buildings that had had real paranormal activity. So they said, go out and find some places for us to shoot in New York or New Jersey or Connecticut. So fun, I was like, Yes, So I got to go and just location scout all of these places. So one summer, I just drove around in my car to all of these different places I was reading about on the internet, and I talked to like all these different homeowners and people that owned hotels and bed and breakfasts and all that stuff. So I was like a kid in a candy store. I was just like hearing their stories and getting freaked out. So we ended up shooting at a couple different places that the producers loved, and one of them was this farmhouse in New Jersey, out in New Jersey where this family had just been like terrorized by all this crazy stuff for years. And I'm sure that it's in a movie it's like the Amityville Horror but it wasn't the Amityville Horror house. It was a different house. So, long story short, we had the Warrens come out for a day and we interviewed them, and you know, they were like very old and frail, but lovely and nice but also spooky and kind of creepy but sexy but very sexy. So they were super nice, but I could tell like, I don't know, you know, you can just kind of tell like, oh, this is a business, like this is what they this is their thing. You know, they weren't like floating around in like a ghost car, and you know they were they they were, but they were they were super nice. But I had a crazy thing happened to me on the shoot. Yeah, at this house, this farmhouse, this family had just years of insane paranormal activity. And the wife told us a story how her husband was away and one night she like felt him climb into bed with her, and she kind of reached behind her in bed to sort of like feel her husband, and she just felt this hairy like wolf like there was like some sort of spirit thing next to her. There was like a some kind of demon or something. And the way she described it, she was like I could no longer talk. I just started growling and I was like what. But they had all these stories. She told me a story about she would regularly see this woman brushing her hair in the mirror, Like she would just watch this woman brush her hair in the mirror all the time. Her kids had crazy stories about like when they were teenagers being like pinned in their beds, like where they couldn't move, and then one of them like floated above their bed, and the kids were so freaked out that they came to the house as adults when we were there, because they were like, oh cool, a TV crew is shooting something. But they would not go in the house. And we were going in the house, but the kids would like they're like no, no, no, no, no no, we don't go in that house anymore. And so as the day wore on, we finally went up to the attic where a lot of this ghost stuff had kind of happened. So we went up there and we're interviewing the man that owned the home, the dad, and he very casually says how on his property he found a ton of human skulls, basically a Native American burial ground that he had like dug up. It was like, you know the part of the movie where he'd be like, no, don't do that. So he was like collecting skulls, cleaning them off, and bringing them up to the attic. So he did that for a while, and then that just started all of this crazy stuff happening, you know. And so as he was telling this story, I was a production assistant on this thing, so I'm just like taking notes and writing down everything, and I was sitting cross legged on the floor right when he gets the part about like and then I found the skulls. I got this crazy sensation on the bottom of my feet as if I'd stepped on like a live electrical wire. So I screamed. I was like, ah, and I jumped up. I didn't see anything, I didn't hear anything. I just got zapped. And you know, I'm just a dumb PA on this shoot. So the director and everybody's looking at me, like, what are you screaming about? Now we have to do the start the interview again. I was like, I'm so sorry, guys, something just like zapped me. It was just a really weird thing. And you know, bad vibes all day in the house, super creepy old farmhouse. And then of course at the end of the day we shot there all day, it got dark and they were like, okay, we need to get an exterior shot of this house. So they set up all these lights outside shining up on the house to make it look super creepy. And they look and they're like, oh no, there's a light on up in the attic. Rob can you go and the.
Speaker 1: Dark house by yourself?
Speaker 2: By yourself and kill that light upstairs in the attic. And I was like, wait, what, I have to go back in this devil house by myself and turn out this light in the attic. I was like, sure, sure, guys, no problem. So I run back inside as fast as I can run. I run all the way up to the attic, turn off the light. Just a whole I like, literally, I'm just floating out of it, like just flying out of the house. I mean, more scared than I've ever been after, especially after I got zapped by a ghost. So that was my only sort of like physical thing that I've ever felt, you know where I thought like, oh, that was something. I don't know what that was. I wasn't standing on the floor, it couldn't have been anything I was standing on at my feet were you know, crossed. So something just zapped me. Right when this guy is talking about these human skulls that he collects, I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: That's some like when you're a production assistant on just not that kind of a show that goes to those places all the time, and then you're there like you're you're a human. So if you get zapped, you might scream, but I've worked with people that have worked on like a billion of these shows, and I've been like shooting and then all of a sudden I see out of the corner of my eye them like swatting their leg or like doing something where I'm like, what's going on over there?
Speaker 2: That is so crazy? The show that you do? Are you guys like up all night?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well, so this show that i'm it's called Living for the Dad. It's on Hulu, and I'm with four other people, and the other four are way more like fine with all this stuff, Like I'm just I'm like you, if I get zapped, I'm gonna yell okay. And every place we would go, I would put us in haunted rooms and then we would have to sleep there all night, and I never I never slept. What I would do was I would wait until the sun came up, and then I would sleep for a couple of hours, but I would stay up all night. It was hell for me, especially because every single little thing I would hear. These are all old buildings, so if somebody flush is a toilet, it's like you hear it in the walls, and that would instantly make me the demon in the walls.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was listening to a different podcast about paranormal stuff recently, and someone was telling a story and they were like, so then the ghost, like you know, touched me and I jumped and I was terrified, but then I went back to sleep. I'm always like, how how are you going back to sleep?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I used to do a show called Children's Hospital, Yes, with Rob Cordery and Lake Bell and Meghan Malalley and a bunch of people, and so we every season shot here in La but we always had to find a new hospital to shoot in. You know, we would film in an old, abandoned hospital. One time we shot in the Scrubs hospital where they used to shoot Scrubs, and then that got torn down and made into apartments. So we had to find a new hospital. So we were always moving around to different old, spooky hospitals. And one season we were filming in this hospital and we were shooting at night. I remember in this wing of the hospital that I had not been in before. It was like way back in this other corner of the hospital that no one had been to. And so they called me to set, and so I'm walking to set and like looking at my lines, and I'm by myself, and I walked past this room and I heard all of these kids playing in this room, like I heard like talking and you know, just the sound of normal kids hanging out playing like you know, toys and ball bouncing and stuff like that. Our show was called Children's Hospital. We had kids sometimes on the show, so I just assumed, Oh, that must be the holding room for the kids. So I kept going and I get to set and I said, what are we doing with all those kids? There's no it's like nighttime and there's no kids in this scene, Like, why are there kids still here? And everybody was like, what are you talking about? I said, I just walked past the room and I heard all these kids laughing and playing. And then about two minutes later, Malin Ackerman, who was also on the show, shows up and she was like, what was that room with all those kids? Like all those kids are playing around, and I was like, that's what I said. I was like, there's no kids here, what are you talking about? And so I went back to the room that I walked past. I opened up the door and it was just a completely dilapidated, empty room where the ceiling had caved in from like water damage. Nothing in there, no furniture, the tiles on the floor were all buckled. I don't know what that was. I have no idea what that was. I heard it, Malin heard it. We talked about it. I have no clue.
Speaker 1: That is so creepy.
Speaker 2: Listen, I've spent a lot of time in old, spooky hospitals from doing that show.
Speaker 1: Was that the Linda Vista hospital.
Speaker 2: We shot at that hospital. Also that where this happened was not Linda Vista. I think this happened in the Scrubs hospital. Now it's apartments, but great, I'd love to live there. Oh yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Any hospital is going to be haunted, like it doesn't matter like dilapidated or current. There's gonna be some ghosts around there.
Speaker 2: Think about all of the people that have died and don't know that they're dead, or they you know, they were in some sort of trauma that you know, they weren't expecting to die. I mean, it just sort of the little bit that I understand about it, It seems like, oh, yeah, this is a place where tons and tons of people have died over the years. There's going to be some sort of weird energy and stuff there.
Speaker 1: I love the thought, like you're making me think about your first story. There's a woman that combs her hair. There's children playing in this other story, and it's like we all see that kind of stuff every day whatever, But if it's not supposed to be there, and you know, disappears in front of your eyes, it's the scariest thing in the entire world. Children playing.
Speaker 2: I think kids are inherently creepy. The other night, the other night, I was watching TV and my daughter was asleep and I swear I heard like dad, and I was like, yeah, honey, I thought she woke up. I went into her room to like look fast asleep, and I was like, gross, this is a gross little ghost person, you know. So kids are very scary anyway, but yeah, it was. It was really weird when when that happened. And I remember Rob Cordrey and I used to always talk to this one guy on the crew whose name was Artie. He was like a gaffer, like one of they that lays all the cable, all the electrical cables, you know, before you start filming, so the production has electricity and all that stuff. So he has to go in to the basement of the hospital and lay all of the electrical cables. This guy was like really shy, did not like to talk about this stuff at all. And eventually, you know, he was on our crew for years, and so somehow people figured out that I like spooky places and ghosts, and they're like, oh, you should talk to Artie. So I kind of like said, hey, man, someone said I should ask you about ghosts or whatever. And he was very not down to talk, but slowly I got him to like tell me what his deal was. And he said that he just grew up with the ability to basically see ghosts everywhere, like everywhere he goes where there is some sort of paranormal thing, he sees it. And he said that his mom also had this same thing, like she would walk into a church or an old building or something like and they would just see a person walk by that was not not living, you know. And so he said, you know, for years, he was freaked out. He thought he was crazy. He told his dad. His dad did not like this sort of shit. So he finally told his mom and his mom was like, I have the same thing, Like, oh my god. So they like connected over that. But anyway, so this guy's on our crew and is always having to get there early. He's the first one there and he's the last one there to take all these electrical cables out of the buildings. And so he would tell us about going down into the basements of the hospital because that's always where the morgue is. He would just tell me. He's like, oh, so many days I go down there and I just see people walking by, And he said, the problem is for me if I acknowledge them, like if I look at them, they know that I can see them, and they start screaming at me, like trying to get my attention. So he's like, I have to basically like look at them, but not connect with them, like not make eye contact with him, because then they know that they can connect with me somehow. This is just a normal dude who was not at all eager to talk.
Speaker 1: About this stuff that seems legit to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was just like, look, man, he was like, I don't know what this is. I don't like it, but this is what I see. And a lot of the places where we are in these old hospitals.
Speaker 1: You know, probably my favorite kind of ghost story is like could it be that to those people and their reality. They're like sometimes we see this like he seems like he's a light gaffer, you know, like a tvation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I totally think that. Like sometimes I wonder if this is all just almost like physics, Like it's more like timelines, and these timelines just kind of get crossed, you know, at certain points, and then you just sort of see a remnant from way back. I don't know why we don't see stuff from the future, you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, we might, you know, yeah knows, maybe even aliens are us from the future. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I totally think that. I mean that's a different topic, but yeah, that's sort of my theory about aliens, like, oh, well that's us, right, that's just us in the future coming back and being like, what are you guys doing? Don't build that nuclear reactor, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm open to anything, but I'm not sure if it's a time travel thing or what it is. But I definitely know that they are so much more advanced than us. You know, they they figured out technology that we don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't see like dumb aliens, you know, you don't see aliens you know, you never see an alien on a bicycle, you know.
Speaker 1: No, you really don't see dumb ones. And that's why, like I feel like they've crashed in the past, like in Roswell and stuff, and they're like, Okay, listen, guys, this is embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was the one dumb guy. They're like, Reggie, Reggie fucked up, Reggie crashed the ship.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I think the take it really seriously at this point. So when you go live on Twitch, tell me, like the best story that you know kept you up that night.
Speaker 2: So a couple of the best ones that I've had. One was a girl told me a story that when she was little, she was playing in her room and she was under her bed and she looked and she saw a pair of bare feet walk into her room. And she looked out from under the bed and it was her grandmother, and her grandmother smiled at her, and she smiled back at her grandmother, and then her grandmother walked out of the room, and so she got up from under the bed and ran downstairs to ask her mom, like, what is grandma doing here? And her mom was crying, and her mom had just gotten off the phone that the grandmother had just died. So the girl was like, I literally just saw her. She was just in the house like two seconds, you know. I mean she was like a little kid, but she's expled mom, Like, no, she's she didn't die, like I just saw her. And so that freaked me out, you know, because that just seems like something that could happen, right, Like, I.
Speaker 1: Hear a lot of those like visitations right before and then you get the phone call. Yeah, I totally buy it.
Speaker 2: I had another one where this person sent me a video, and I should preface this with I could never get the girls on the show because the guy had lost touch with them. But he had a video of these girls, and this guy told me the story. But it was two girls. They're like drinking before they go out that night in Chicago, and they had just moved into this new apartment, new to them, but an old apartment in Chicago, and they're playing this drinking game where they have a little ring on a string and they were swinging it to try to latch it onto this little hook that I don't know what the game is, but there was like a little hook on the wall. And then at one point in this hallway right behind where this hook is. You just see a young girl in a pink bathroom walk by and then immediately walk the other way. You just see like a kid in a pink, old timy bathrobe and they just walk by for about a second, maybe like a split second. I've paused in a million times, so you can clearly see hair feet aren't like it's so crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is the one that I'm thinking of. But there's this one that people send me all the time. Maybe you've seen it. I've had people on the show where it is two young ladies and they're in an apartment. I can't remember what they're doing though, And then you see somebody walk through a hallway. You see like a lady walking through the hallway.
Speaker 2: It sounds familiar, it sounds like this. Yeah, but it's one of.
Speaker 1: These things where it keeps happening where people are like, my friend knows this person, and then I'm like, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: That's the hardest part about all this is like, wait a second, is this are you just retelling a retelling you know?
Speaker 1: Which is honestly still fun.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: I'm down for that anytime.
Speaker 2: It is fun.
Speaker 1: It's just like an old school GABA telephone.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love it. Here's another one that happened on my Twitch show to me and this other person. She was in I think Portland, and she lived in this apartment for a while, and she said that she had this ghost in her apartment and she kind of jokingly called him Kevin. It was close to Halloween when I was doing this show, and she had this little toy skull behind her on like a bedside table. So right when she said Kevin the first time, this skull just like fell off her table, and you know whatever, no big deal. I was like, whoa, you know. I tried to be funny about it and make a big deal about did you see what happened? She was like what happened? I was like, the skull just fell off your bedside table right when you said the name of the ghost. So we just laughed. She keeps talking, talking, tell me the story and all these different times that she's seen this ghost of this guy in her apartment. As she goes on, she says his name again, she says Kevin. All of a sudden, her eyes get huge and she screams, it's something like off camera, like, you know, beyond her laptop, and I was like, what happened? And she's like, oh no, And she took her laptop and swung around. And I had heard this noise, but I didn't know what the noise was. These paintings in her room had flown off the wall and flown like a few feet like across the room. What and we're ripped, like like sliced in the middle. And so she brought her laptop over, you know, was filming it. She was like, look what just happened? And I was like what. She was like, these paintings just like flew off the wall and like they're ripped, and so I was like what the fuck? I was like, that happened as we were talking, you know, So could she have faked all of that? Yes, she could have been pulling my legs. She could have set that up. But I talk to this person for a long time, emailed her afterwards, and had her come on the show a couple months later to get an update, and she seems totally normal, not like she's trying to get on the internet. And you know, it was just a crazy, insane thing that happened as I was talking to her.
Speaker 1: If something like that really paranormal does happen is captured on film, you will never ever ever have something that doesn't make a ton of people go that's fake. Yeah, So even if it is the most real thing ever, it's just part of it to be skeptical and to not believe it or whatever. And I don't know, I love it. I think it's so fun, it's so wild.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've had I had this woman come on the show and she told me a story about she and her friend snuck into this old church at night and it was dark and they were just taking pictures and they were like hanging out in this old church. And so she sent me the pictures and you can see in one of the pictures a face next to her of like an old man, And of course that could be fake. I don't know her. She may have faked that, but I don't know. I'm not paying her, like she's not making any money to come on my dumb thing and tell me about that. Another girl was telling me about they used to see a ghost outside of her bedroom window, and she said that she she'd seen it a bunch, so she just had her camera all the time, and so she took a picture same thing. You can clearly see like this outline of a woman out right outside her bedroom window. Yes, it could be photoshop, it could totally be fake, but it looked like an outline of a woman. You'll never be able to convince everybody. And I don't think that's really the point. I think it's more like there's something because so many people have these stories, you know what I mean, Like when you start talking to people, everyone has maybe not a firsthand story, but everyone knows someone that has a crazy story about this stuff. Yeah, that to me makes it, you know, as real as it can be.
Speaker 1: And every culture around the world for generations and generations have these kinds of stories. So I'm like, there's something to it.
Speaker 2: I mean, the way the Warrens explained it to me was that, and I'm sure you've heard this is like there's kind of two different things. There are people that are sort of stuck between places. They don't know what happened to them. Maybe they died suddenly or in a traumatic way, they weren't ready to go. It was just like lights out all of a sudden. They're like, but wait, wait, wait, yeah, so there's that they were saying, but then there's also like demons and stuff like that, so you know, who knows how it breaks down, but it's all spooky.
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes they end up going instead of a doll that ends up being sold on eBay dot com. Oh god, can I show you a haunted eBay doll?
Speaker 2: How often does that happen?
Speaker 1: Thousands of times a day on eBay? Trust me, it's time for as I call the dolls are living? Okay, jiha, can you show us this doll? This is Mel No no, Mal is currently going for forty dollars on eBay. So Mel, she looks teeny tiny her, she's definitely from the neck up, she's giving missus class very like Mal, Missus Claus.
Speaker 2: The white hair, she's got the little brooch, yeah.
Speaker 1: But whatever, those like bonnet kind of roughly hats like Missus Claus wears. From the neck down, she's sort of like one of those people that works in a gift shop at like an historic Victorian house. Yeah, you know, plaid skirt, brooch, yeah, Victorian kind of shirt.
Speaker 2: Sad eyes, very sad leaning pleading with us.
Speaker 1: So you're not familiar with this world of haunted eBay dolls?
Speaker 2: Mmmm? I would like to be okay, allow me.
Speaker 1: They often come with biographies. The theory is when you die, you can go to heaven, you can go to Hell, or you can go to Mel the Haunted Ebeydal. Basically, so a living person has somehow died and found themselves inside of Mel and now they're forty dollars. So let me just give you a little bit of what Mel's bio says. Mel tried to make me believe that she was a thirty four year old female who passed away after her daughter locked her in a room. In reality, she was in her fifties or sixties and locked her adult daughter in a room. She starved her daughter and wouldn't give her anything to drink. She also says something about gas when she finally started to be honest. Sounds like these two have been through a lot.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I also asked other spirits around who told me the true story behind this? Okay, she was jealous of her daughter for some reason. Terrible person. I do not know how she passed away, but it was in the middle of nowhere where she head out. Her presence is very uneasy. She paces back and forth and you can hear her walking behind you, especially if you have creaky floor boards. Do not have her anywhere near children. She is extremely active. I've seen her shadow, I felt her breath. So basically, you can't trust Mel and the other spirits around confirmed they I love the ghost gossip, like, don't listen to Mel, she lies.
Speaker 2: So this is actually for sale on eBay forty dollars. But why would I want this if you're telling me up front this is gonna do bad things to me and my family and my house and my children, Like, do I want to pay for that?
Speaker 1: It says you may hear of her laugh in other rooms, which is a very scary and most witchy type laugh. I love a laugh. Ye know, maybe there's people amateur comedians. It's better than going too an open mic. You can just have a doll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just do your stand up in front of this creepy doll. Yeah. I'm also concerned about in this photo. You know, there are some clues also about the owners. This doll is on a very dirty carpet, and you can see the carpet is like riding up the moldiest wall I've ever seen. This doll has been through a lot.
Speaker 1: I so appreciate you noticing that stuff, because that's me on dating apps, I'd barely look at the person. I'm looking around everything else.
Speaker 2: I do that when I watch like MSNBC, and I'm like looking in the person's living room for clues about you know, who is this guy? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are the books back there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? This guy's a murderer.
Speaker 1: Can I play you some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes? Right, it is time for ev.
Speaker 1: Or ev pase that is.
Speaker 2: That is the best name of a segment ever.
Speaker 1: Thank you. What I do is I go to YouTube dot com. I find the best electronic voice phenomenon.
Speaker 2: I can find.
Speaker 1: Alleged recordings of ghosts speaking, and I'm going to play two of them for you. I want you to tell me what the ghost is saying or what you hear, and then I'll give you an ABCD options of what the person that posted at believes the ghost is sign.
Speaker 2: This is awesome. I'm so excited for this.
Speaker 1: So this first one is from Paul Terry and it's at Saint Albans Sanatorium in Radford, Virginia. I feel like I may have had this one on the show before, but whatever, it's a good one. Here we go. What is this ghost saying? Did you hear it?
Speaker 2: I'll do it one more time. Okay, come on, come on, wait, let me play it again.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is not what Paul Terry thought it said. Did Paul Terry think it was a oh crap, b don't come back? Cee? Look around or d follow me? Maybe as an aspiring influencer, you here one more time.
Speaker 2: Well, from what I know about Paul Terry, great guy. Paul is so such a great guy. Yeah, I think Paul Terry thinks it's oh crap.
Speaker 1: Paul believes that it is saying don't come back, which I do here, but I also kind of hear oh crap. Wait, okay, let's play a gum or look around. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a tough one, Paul.
Speaker 1: You definitely caught something. I don't know what it says, but it's great. Here's one more. This one is from a YouTube channel called walk in after Midnight. It's at the Old Washo Club, which is a haunted place in Virginia City, Nevada, which is a very spooky western, you know, old Western kind of ghost towny area. What is this ghost? There's some other noises in the background. Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: Tough one, you do it one more time? Yeah, something like two chicks from Hell. Totally two chicks from Hell.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not what Walking after Midnight thought. Did they think it was a you can't smoke in heaven? B you can't slow the devil? C you came, you saw you left? Or d you came to seven eleven? All right, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: They thought it was the first one about you can't something in hell? What was it you said?
Speaker 1: It was you can't smoke in heaven. That is what Walking after Midnight thought. It said you can't smoke in heaven, and.
Speaker 2: Honestly, probably true.
Speaker 1: Let's play it again. Now. What's interesting is before that voice speaks, the ghost hunter says something about so I think they said something about like Virginia slims or something about cigarettes, and then the ghost says, you can't smoke in heaven.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I got married ten years ago, nine years ago, and for my bachelor party, my friend Paul sheer knew that I love ghost stuff, and so he's such a nice person he hired two ghost hunters to come to my bachelor party. They were no, no, no, no, no, no, this is just you know, I rented a house up in Ohi and just invited a lot of my friends just to come up and grill out and swim in the pool, you know. And so at night these two women show up, these like older women, and I was like, what is happening, Like my fear was that it was going to be strippers. I was like, I don't, I do not, I don't want that. And he's like, no, these are ghosts. They're like the Ohai ghost Hunters or something. And so these these two women were so sincere and nice about it, Like you can imagine how difficult that is to walk into a bachelor party. I mean we were not no one was out of control, but you know, people were drinking and smoking weed and doing mushrooms and you know. So these two women come in and they kind of gather everyone around and they tell everyone that we're going to go all over this old house in Ohi, and they gave everybody EVP recorders, like the little recording devices. So I'm into it, like shears into it. A few other guys like, yeah, this is gonna be great. A lot of the other people like outside doing stuff and you know, hanging out listening to music or whatever, So not the most scientific thing. So we walk around for like an hour with these very nice women and we're recording stuff and who knows if we're getting anything at all, So I kind of forget about it, you know, it was just fun and nice. A month goes by, I get an email from the Ohi ghost Hunters. They're like, we have to meet. We have to talk to you. We have to go over the evidence. And I was like, what what evidence? What are you talking about? And they're like, we have some remarkable EVPs that we have to go over with you. So they drove. They were so nice. They drove from Ohi down to La met Me and sho this production place where we were working, and they had transcribed all of these EVPs with what the noise we were hearing and what they thought it was saying. We sat with him for like an hour and they would go, okay, how about this next one? And they would play it for us and you would hear like, hey man, pass me the budweiser, and you know, they'd be like, what about that, Pass me the Budweiser. And I was like, oh, that's actually Rob Riggle. He's outside and he was asking someone for a Budweiser. You know, it was just over and over and over. It was like, okay, but now you can hear an old man asking for someone to let him out of the basement, and I was like, oh, that's Brian Husky. He was on mushrooms and he got locked in the basement. So that's what you hear, you know, But it was just that it was me and Sheer debunking all of these EVPs with these very nice, very sincere ghost hunters. So if you ever get a chance.
Speaker 1: I love that story.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. It's really hard to tell what it is. But every now and then I hear stuff not from my bachelor party, but stuff like what you just played me, And I'm like that that sounds like something.
Speaker 1: It's something I think, I don't know something. It might be Rob Wriggle. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 2: Could be Rob Wriggle.
Speaker 1: He might have been at the Old Was Show Club in Virginia City that day.
Speaker 2: He probably was, Well, this has.
Speaker 1: Been a can you tell us all where to find you and what you want us to know about Roz?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. What a joy to talk to a fellow ghost enthusiast. I'm just you know, at Rob Hubel on everything, mostly Instagram, and you know, I just jump around on different TV shows and sometimes a movie. But I did a spooky thing last year called Goosebumps. It's a Disney Plus show. Cool.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks so much for doing this.
Speaker 2: So lovely to meet you, and I hope that we cross paths.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Rob Hubel. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me came back. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, So email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's Instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at Roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's Roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kuttner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon. Artwork by the Spooky Vanessa Lila, Photography by the Terrifying Elizabeth Karen. Executive produced by the Chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spookky Georgia Hard Start, and the Frightening Danielle Kramer.