Speaker 1: He is drinks chess, motherfucking podcast makes.
Speaker 2: He's a legends every Queens rapper.
Speaker 3: He ain't agreed as your boy, and he's a Miami hip hop pioneer.
Speaker 4: Put up his dj E f N.
Speaker 5: Together they drink it up with some.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest players, you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: And the most professional, unprofessional podcast and your number one source.
Speaker 1: For drunk drink chans mo posty Days New Year's c that's his time for drink champions, drink up, mother would it could be hoping he's gonna stop your boy. N A O N A A what up his dj E f N? And this is drink camps, y'all make some of the man. I know, I know this dude for a long, long, long long time. He is a champion or All Star, defensive, all time player, and he got a bunch of whole other shit. But I'm somewhat anxious to get into this interview.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get right into it.
Speaker 1: So whether you call him Ron artest Ron Ron Metalworld Peace, you're gonna call him something.
Speaker 4: Motherfucker.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize when I was I was having fun at googleing you, I didn't realize, like, didn't you break Jordan's ribs at.
Speaker 5: Nineteen years old?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I didn't realize.
Speaker 1: That because the way they promoted it, it was like it was recent.
Speaker 5: So this is when you was a kid, when.
Speaker 1: I was just in Chicago, just Chicago, so you wasn't signed to the Bulls yet.
Speaker 5: I just yet I signed, just signed to the Bulls.
Speaker 1: So this is a this is a practice game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, summertime, okay, So summertime.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, and Jordan's tried to block you. So he was posting me up. Okay.
Speaker 4: If you remember when Jordan came back, he averaged twenty five that year, right, so before that I put Jordan down three months he was going he was her average third game Tony that year. If it wasn't for me breaking his ribs. Now they reported it, they said, yeah, so you know, I get home next day, I got drafted by Chicago. Right on the headlines one on test how to fight with Michael, Jordan touched him and broke his rib. So I'm sick. I don't even know what to do. I'm nineteen and I love Jordan's So then I didn't go to practice for the next two days. I was just like depressing. My agent called me Mark Bartleston at the time. He was like, you know, you gotta get to the workouse. Well, I said, you know, the media just said I broke Jordan ring and I don't even I can't even move out the bed. I'm just like sick. Anyway, Jordan called me two times in my life.
Speaker 1: He called you again after the fight. Let's let's just stay with the first one though, okay.
Speaker 4: He said, He said, hey, man, it's all right. You know you were just playing had the play was he was holding me. And the problem with Jordan when you let him get the ball, that's for your problems. So I'm denying him in the Summer League and he's like, I'm denying him this way. He's in front of me, holding me this way. So I had to move his on uh and and then my elbow called him in the ris. But I love Jordan y yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's dope. So I'm gonna tell you listen, I've seen you very I used to go to Queens Bridge with my friend named l J. You know l J.
Speaker 5: You don't know l J.
Speaker 1: He for me up the Pone building, Yeah, the Pone building because I went to school with him and I used to go out. So the first time I actually went when the Queens Bridge was with uh a dude for my hood name shot Meek and Laky and Lakey. They brought me to a place called the Terror Dome, right, and the Terrordome was the Terror Dome, right, just you know self a planneatory right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So I remember me you seeing you, me being out and I seeing you late night practicing with your pops early in the morning practicing pop Like I this is a case oh greatness. Like I didn't realize was watching how great this was was first off in the hood. They say that a lot of people don't have father figures.
Speaker 5: You had not only a father figure.
Speaker 1: I seen your father scream on drug dealers, bro, Like I never saw that before, like to get to y'all to practice.
Speaker 5: But I did think what was going through your mind because I've seen shoot like.
Speaker 1: Night and day, like on Twelfth Street, practicing, practicing, going hard was what was one now?
Speaker 4: I think like eight years old, my dad introduced me to basketball on Twelfth Street.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: You know sometimes you'll see the big guys playing, but you'll get a chance to just shoot. So when I was out there shooting, when you know, guys, older guys blocking my shot, just like you know, treating the kids in the fun with the kids. And my dad saw that I'm gonna let you expel, expend your energy playing hoops. But when I got older, it was just something trying to make it on the cut.
Speaker 1: You know everybody.
Speaker 4: You know that everybody's playing ball, but they don't know about our neighborhood.
Speaker 1: A lot of the ballers were.
Speaker 4: Hustlers, extremely intelligent ballers like high love you.
Speaker 5: Say Yami was the ball I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: That's like extremely Jammy just from the streets, rest in peace.
Speaker 4: Intelligent point guard. Wow, man, you get ask anybody. They played extremely intelligent.
Speaker 5: Twins Jamal and jam.
Speaker 7: Three great shooters, half big fundamentals. And we all learned from the same coaches. Well me Business Smith, Vincus Smith. Yea, we all learned the same coaches. But you know, some guys went their route and then I just stayed on the corn.
Speaker 1: Of course, one of one of my favorite things about you is I believe if after you won the game, or maybe this was during the press conference and they said, yo, what is your greatest player you ever played against. And you said, Mike Chatfield. I felt.
Speaker 4: To listen.
Speaker 1: So I used to play with Mike Chatfield and we was in a thing called d f Y. So and the team that I was on I was playing ball in d f Y.
Speaker 5: The team I was on sucked.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: We talked it was crackheads, dope bees, like we had the worst team. And then Mike Chatfield came to the jail. I had knew how Mike Chatfield was from the streets. I did all of my favor to get him on my side. And like, you can look at this guy, you can't even tell that he's a baller. But then if you look at his arms, he got long arms, and you ain't getting the ball from him, you're not stilling. When you said that, I was like, this is the craziest ship that I got to. I know he was expecting to sake Jordan and he said, Mike Chatfield.
Speaker 4: How I tried to embody the stuff that he taught me, because you know, Mike went to jail at sixteen, right right, I became jail.
Speaker 8: That's what.
Speaker 4: I became the best in the hood. When Mike went to jail.
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, so it might be me thirty two to two in the res, right, I heard that and Street. Oh no, he's from Vernon. He's from Vernon, Okay, Michael and Vernon. I mean Mike was playing the men at twelve and thirteen. You know, at fourteen we were playing with always right. So so Mike was like one of those guys. And I actually put his name in my head the day play against Lebron James on Christmas two thousand and nine because he got he passed away around the holidays and I just wanted to. I always showed him love. I always showed him love. But Mike Chaff was one of those guys and Capone, I didn't hope.
Speaker 5: Before we get that.
Speaker 1: I did know Mike, Mike cap whoever did a chance to play professional or no? So okay.
Speaker 4: So when I was in Indiana in my prime, I took Mike to Indiana trying to get him back in shape. So I was in me. Mike, his brother Eric Chaft, Phil Grady Jesse from nas Block was also Saint John's guy Jahve Me who played at Saint Joe's. And it was a love. Okay, we were all out there because we was hooping in the pace at Alimo.
Speaker 1: Actually he got a low.
Speaker 4: Dribble too, yeah, and he was just all, who've been you know, we're drinking a gallon in the other day. Yeah, I think that takes a while, but it was fun to spend time with Mike, right, you know. And you knew he was in the street, but I was like, I got a different love.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too, And he was still knife but you saw you can see that he lost it right right, right right, But it was it was always when he.
Speaker 1: Came home from jail.
Speaker 4: This is he was twenty. I'm twenty, he was twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's when he came home because we was again, yeah he came, he came, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I thought that was so honorable you because you could have easily said Lebron. You could easily said uh uh, Jordans, you could have easily and you said Mike Chatfield. Mike is different.
Speaker 4: Either of these dudes would have been ready for Mike, I'll be honest, but but his heart different at different level. Yeah, he would he would have.
Speaker 1: Just found in the league, right, wow, Okay, I'm talking about a brown A little bit. You take component want I don't.
Speaker 4: Want to get yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Capone was nice. I played on capone team in PS one eleven. We had the green shirts. Havoc was on the Burgundy team. He had the Burgundy shirts.
Speaker 5: Havoc wasn't good though it was not. I haven't was the best on his take.
Speaker 1: Just play.
Speaker 4: Had it. And I remember because I was a kid, you know what I mean. So I haven't had the Burgandy shirts. Kill a shot, to kill a shot. He was on the yellow team. He loved the yellow shirt. And then it was guys twelve. You know, twelve twelve had the red shirt, and so it's fourteen. You played other like four times. But in the All Star Game, Tom had sixty nine yo sixty nine yeah, yeah, left man. And I was watching it and I was a young kid, and I remember watching.
Speaker 1: It like dang, and that was it.
Speaker 4: Like you never seen Poem play. You see him playing. He might take a shot on the block. Yeah he I just come to yo, all I like one shot.
Speaker 1: Well being compoons and DFI the same place, me and cop On before Mike Caffield got there. Me and Capon had a pack every time he played each other he wouldn't d me, and I went and d him.
Speaker 5: So this is the last player the game, like, it's like tied up.
Speaker 1: Compone shot my eyes out, man. I was like, I was like, you're supposed to move to the side. He got right in front of me and shot the ball. I ain't got the game shot. I was like, it's some pou had a pack.
Speaker 4: Have you played with Dion Andrell?
Speaker 1: No from I'm from Jamaica, de from from your hed you're talking about l Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah Dean, This it's actually from Jamaica.
Speaker 5: I was from Vincess Smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was nice, yeah, nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got locked up with me and then I got where Mike Chatfield. That was crazy and like I said, I knew him.
Speaker 5: He was nice.
Speaker 1: So I cheated the whole jail. I was like, yo, he's coming on my side, and he dusted everybody obviously in jail, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: All Right, So I'm bout through real quick.
Speaker 1: First off, you.
Speaker 5: Went to Saint Rita.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I played that.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is that?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 5: That was Junior High or Junior High.
Speaker 4: Saint Riders is like when you're nine years old, Okay, it's c yo. Okay, and you stopped c Io right before you go to high school. Okay, that's your last.
Speaker 1: And that's like a capital school.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 4: It made a lot of players that was from New York and lou Sen de Karine. Anybody from New York went to WOW in Jersey. In Jersey too, who well.
Speaker 2: Kyrie for St. Patrick's he was, he was in St. Patrick's and a couple of them too, Michael Ki gil Christo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was a willer in our life growing up.
Speaker 1: Wow, so boom. This is something that uh, I always think I had the wrong story. I always thought when you and Kobe played each other when you was on Houston and you played him hard, and I think you said to him you ain't ready for me, and he was like, I ain't what you mean, I ain't ready for you. Like y'all developed that certain amount of respect. But I always thought it was Kobe who called you. I found out it was doctor doctor Bus who called you. Yeah, doctor Bus and then you met together at the w Hotel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kobe would not call me to join his team. This story wrong.
Speaker 1: I always thought Kobe because right now, right you know, how like Lebron is uh taking this talent, taking his talent. So everyone is saying that Jalen Bruston it takes a call from Jaalen Brusten for him to come to the next like it would be one phone call. So I always thought it was player, the player. So you breaking it down like it was it was? It was it was mister dodtor Bus And yeah, I met at the w Hotel after the SLS, Butch met at the So describe to me how this happens. Because the Lakers just beat y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just beat I think, yeah, Ming broke's foot and then they beat us right right.
Speaker 5: And then so you you you sit down with him.
Speaker 1: And then because because your agent calls you first, right, your agent said that Lakers.
Speaker 5: Wants to go to speak to you, and you're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: You're kind of mad at them, a little bit like I don't want to I don't want to get done. So how is this conversation like in person with doctor Boss?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, so I was at the SLS, I was foul Monday, I was rid.
Speaker 1: Okay with you, and then we was in the car and when Nick Korn.
Speaker 4: Was there, we was just leaving. I say, yo, we got to pull over right now. Okay to my agent on the line, which David Bauman, and he hit me up. He's like, he's like, hey, the Lakers want you.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind, we just went the walk and we come from arrow where we're not We're not to play for the Lakers. You you're staying with your team. You don't care if you want a title or not. So when so when they said that, I was like, what the fuck do they want?
Speaker 1: Right? And these niggas like you know what I mean? You know what I'm mean? What?
Speaker 4: And then he said now he went you on your team, and I'm like, oh. Immediately I became a fan and things started to runn through my head. Phil Jackson, my favorite, my favorite coach, O l O was there. I'm like, oh, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: I said, played together as kids, kid, this is this is this is a very fairy tale story, like wow, you know.
Speaker 4: And then I'm just like, you know, me and Lamar, me and Lamar elt and we shared m v p s and a you Lamar get it, I'll get it, Eltin and get it and it go just like that, you know, And then Kobe's there, who me? I love Kobe, you know, what I mean, no matter, And I told him, Yo, I'm gonna go holler at you. I'm not gonna like you in the game, but yo, I admire you like I don't love Kobe. So so when I was all going through my head, I'm like, well, I got a chance to play against a team that's just like the Bulls, like you got Phil Jackson was there, Kobe, that's m J. You got Lamar, that's cool, coach, you got me. I'm robbing a little bit better offensive player, a lot better. Sorry, He's all and I was just like it was just so real. And then the next day Bus called me that morning he said, doctor Bus the Bus, and then we had we had a breakfast and he was like, listen, I'm not gonna be able to pay you what you're worth, right think, But he said I want you here. And I'm like, I said you telling me that whatever, we're good because you got to think about it. You averaging twenty five, you know in a semi final, almost beat the Lakers. I want a championship in your prime. Those those numbers and that I was twenty so numbers at that time. It's like, you know, twelve years you know, eleven, ten, twelve, whatever the number was at that time. Now it's for X, you know what I mean. So I was like, now whatever, because my life is easy anyway.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't wear Jerry I.
Speaker 1: Did, but my life is so simple.
Speaker 4: I lived in Indiana. I'm like, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is this is easy in l A. He just me in l A.
Speaker 4: I don't even need to leave, all right. I said yes right that night to the club.
Speaker 1: So y'all made that deal right then and there at breakfast?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And okay, wow, yeah right then and there doctor bus So all right.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking this out of here. Do you know you and Kobe just went at it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you feel obligated to tell him like.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm now or or was it accepted that practice or something like that? How did how did this news come across Kobe? Or did Kobe know already?
Speaker 4: I got to imagine they told him they didn't tell them? Yeah? Yeah yeah, and Kobe Minka. I know Kobe, like he's like, all right, cool, if you get it done or not, Kobe won't give him ship, all right, you know what I mean, Like try and do it and me and and we had a relationship because we used to be talked a little bit. But back then you don't talk to your opponent. You don't go on the lunch, you ain't doing stuff, you know what I mean. But we did like give each other, you know, and then I would get the ball, steal a ball every now and then he'd like damn. And so we we grow respect like that. But yeah, it was dope. He might have called me after something like that, maybe briefly like he did he said, you know, don't bring that silly ship ahead.
Speaker 1: But that what he wanted you ball, because it was like it was like I think I've seen you on Brian Scott Show and one of the guys was like this, this was the perfect piece that the Lakers was missing.
Speaker 5: And I believe that to be true. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I believe that to be true because like Kobe is a doll. I'm not saying that other people wasn't. Dogs Lamar was a doll. But you needed that front line all ship, and I believe you replaced that. Do you think that.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you look at when I played against him, it was one dribble bucket. If you look at the seriousness on YouTube, right, and you'll see like you won't see a lot of this, right. And when what you'll see on the Lakers defense when I get the ball, you'll see everybody head turn my direction right because you can't keep me from getting to the basket. You won't see hody guarding me that suit right, right, you understand, right right, because because I'm too sixty to sixty five forward right, So everybody too small, right, They're all too small. They put a power forward on me. He too small, right right, put the sin on me. He too small, And I'll beg with them just to show them they're too small.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm not even gonna take you out, or I can take him out and I can shoot. So I was guy was I was torching them, and I was torching them.
Speaker 5: So so let me ask you.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people when they get to Philip Jackson, they have problems with what is the triangle office?
Speaker 5: Or does the trifle offense?
Speaker 1: Okay, people actually said it's hard to Actually, you got to be smart. So for a person that like, like a person like me, I just played you know, like you know Kenyanison tournaments and like you know, and cony like you know, like regular ships. Like you know what I mean for a person like me, can you to people with the triangle.
Speaker 4: Is it's all angles? So it's a thousand and one options. There is no play calling and you read it. So it's like when you move, I move, Okay, you know, if the ball moving, you move, it's gonna it's gonna initiate a different format.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Kobe keeping he didn't run a triangle a lot. He went off on his own. So we always have to keep a triangle. We always have to keep a triangle to triangle, you know. Around Kobe's movement he played Iso, he was iceoing. But we're still doing the triangle. So everybody's still moving according to it. And when they when they took it to New York, you can see guys are stressed out.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 4: Guy, it was like like they got to get this out of here. And I picked it up in a month. But you got to understand, I was also architecture, so you're telling me it's angles. So a month you said I got this in the month. Oh wow, whole ship.
Speaker 1: How people who still don't get it, they still don't get it because they actually said it's like it's like.
Speaker 4: Like like my math test and yeah you gotta Yeah, it takes about two years. It takes about two years to learn the triangle, like to really adapt it. Wow, But if you would assist him, like Golden the Warriors, they're running pieces of the triangle. They running pieces of the triangle. But they were together for he long, you know what I mean. So when they run in the triangle now it starts ninety and it starts ninety four feet, meaning like when you take the ball out after somebody scored. Nowadays, that's when the triangle starts. Back in the day, just started after half court And is.
Speaker 1: That some Phil Jackson and Ship or all the other teams are running too.
Speaker 4: His text winner text Winner Phil Jackson started with texts right, you know what I mean? And then and then Phil took it to the next level, and then Steve Kirk came from that, and then Steve Kerr goes to the Warriors, I mean to the Spurs. So now he's getting Popovich and Phil Jackson. He's bringing that to the Warriors and it works. It's really hard to lose against them.
Speaker 1: Is Phil Jackson the hardest coach you have to play for? Nah? He's easy man.
Speaker 4: He's like not like for example, Rick Adelman, Rick Alman on a practice day. Times you're gonna you'll be in and out in forty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard you say. It's like twenty minutes shootout Man, thirty minute.
Speaker 4: Jackson is an hour forty five minutes consistently. But it's not hard. He's not screaming at you, where some coaches it take them too long to get the point across. So you'll beat it for three and a half hours, and he's like, dude, we know this shit.
Speaker 11: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like move on?
Speaker 1: And did he he was he the first one to tell you teach you to meditate?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Phil Jackson, He's probably reason I changed my name, right, Yeah, I'm Phil Jackson's I mean, I love him because you're going to the we'll get in it, we'll get into a practice, or we'll lose a game something like that, one of those scenarios and then you know, Kobe, maybe he'd probably upset you got you got all these egos.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: In the first time I snow a sage in the locker room, I thought it was he was we right, I'm like, I see Phil Jackson he's with the Kobe locker. He was like, went to buying them block up. You got to get the demons out. Were meditating to all lights off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm about to say I heard you say that too as well, Like he would really turn all the lights off.
Speaker 4: He turned all the lights off, and he wants you to like block out the sound. You know that white noise. You didn't have a hit. He's trying to get you to block out all the sound. Ideally you breathe at the same pace. Ideally you breathe at the same pace. And it's just great man, And he's helping you cause you in La La is distracting, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: And you you're the show in LA.
Speaker 4: So he's like making sure we focus and when you leave practice, like don't get in trouble, take care of your body, and come back to practice as a team, not like your own ego. You know, he was really so for me. It helped me because I just come from averaging twenty five with the Rockets and now I'm averaging seven. I'm only twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Role player.
Speaker 4: Now I'm a role player, and he helped me like believe in that role. And then it took. It took a while, but we got to do right.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 1: You said earlier that Jordan called you twice. Yeah, the time was the brawl.
Speaker 11: Second time that call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, man, So you know the brawl happened, I was super depressed. I was like, damn, like I didn't messed everything up.
Speaker 1: He was depressed when he broke his ribs to it, all right.
Speaker 4: Definitely depressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: I'm a Jordan fan, like and then so then Jordan would he hit me up after the brawl. This is like a month and a half after and then he was like, you know, I spoke to mister Stearns. Yeah, he said, I think you're gonna be back in March. So you know you had that from him.
Speaker 1: Jay, you crazy?
Speaker 4: All right, Cool, we're gonna get in the playoffs. We the best team in the league. Cool, I'll be ready. But it wasn't no March. They said, like you could go, it's like a visit in jail. I guess, hey, your wife can come now and she gotta leave now whatever. Like they said, you can go to the playoff game, but you got to exit. So I was able to go to the game. They are afforded me to the court to watch Reggie Miller's last game because they was like Reggie wanted me there. And then once that was over, they.
Speaker 1: Excorted me out, Wow, you didn't play, You couldn't play.
Speaker 4: You just watched the game, Reggie's last regular season game. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Now, I know this is a what if question?
Speaker 1: Uh, but if because I heard you say, and I heard you say this multiple times that the Ben Wallers foul that you you did wasn't a tough foul.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like that. I heard you say that.
Speaker 1: Yes, so let me just imagine something for one second. You don't file Ben Willace. Y'all, don't get into this argument. Does the Pacers win that championship this day that year?
Speaker 4: But Robert already said no, oh ship, he told me that save five years ago. But rober is my guy, is my guy. And the only TI gonna say, Robert you my guy? Right, But the only t I gona say, I wanna tell us. So Roberts says no. He's a seven time champion, all right, he has the right to say no. But what I what I would say is, if you watch the playoffs against the Sacramento Kings and the spurs, you'll see a great defender, and who is the defriend over there the spurs right now.
Speaker 1: That people two thousand.
Speaker 4: And five, Who is the best to wing the friend outside of me in the league?
Speaker 11: Big question going? All right, cool, you're going.
Speaker 4: You'll see him null and void on the block light work right. Then you'll see nobody else is everybody's nulling void because they're too small. These guys are way too small. And then you'll see like you know, bigger guys like hey, you small forward. You go go out there power forward because we got to put the other power forward on me. And then you will see work. So now you go back to you know that, yeah for sure, Like I can't because when you look at those stats.
Speaker 1: If you go on YouTube, when you look at the year I played.
Speaker 4: Non games, right, and if you look at how look at how easy it was for me to score, right, you're gonna see one dribble bucket. You ain't gonna see more than that. I was at twenty five points. Again, it ain't take another jewel because once I see an angle, if you wrapped up, you can't recover. I take that jewel.
Speaker 1: I'm cooking.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm strong and like a shoot. Right, So you know, so I think that, Yeah, it's like a water shular thinking, right, and but you know what, sometimes that's your life. Your life is water shular. Like if you look at Stephen Curry, you know he had the stats to prove it, like, but say, the numbers don't lie, Like what his numbers don't lie? I got things I could dream about. And guess what I'm okay with that?
Speaker 1: Right? Well? We was we was cooking, right, that's for sure. Right. Do you think that was too harsh of a punishment because I think it's rumored that you had you had the worst punishment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh in NBA history. You do you think that was fair?
Speaker 4: Look, I don't think it was fair, but they had to do it, okay. Yeah, for example, not even an example. I was getting into so much trouble, you know what I mean, things people don't know about, you know.
Speaker 10: What I mean.
Speaker 11: I was getting in trouble, man.
Speaker 4: I was just like because like I was just coming out the league. My brother just went to jail, Wally when I was going to Saint John's soon I was at seventeen. I expected to go through this journey with him because my brother, like I don't have nobody else I'm talking to about this.
Speaker 1: I don't know nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything else about I'm not a street I'm a street smoke guy, but in a way I am in the way I'm not. So he goes to jail. Then I have my babies, and then you're making a little money. So now alcohol coming to play because you're out party. But you don't realize that alcohol is depressing, Like you don't realize you know what I mean, Like you're drinking honey on top of trying to take it. I'm a dad at sixteen, and I was a good dad, like i'm with my kids, but I'm a dad at sixteen, so all that stuff, you know, you take it out on your team, and you know, you go to work and whatever you're happen at whole, you take it out for your colleague. Yeah, you ain't messing with somebody today. That happens in the business, right, And that's what I was doing. And so then and then take it whatever happened I practice home. But then you know, now you're making mistakes, you know. And then I was telling Himen, I was hearing you up. I guess earlier in the year you have, you know, can when you're looking up to the people in the street, right, it's like, I don't fuck you know what I mean, I don't need this ship. And that's that.
Speaker 1: That's that.
Speaker 4: That's the crazy mindset when you work hard to make something but you don't mind losing it, all right, So then now it just becomes like a part of you, you know what I mean. So I was getting in trouble the Bulls. When the Bulls traded me to Indiana. Bill carright came to my room. He was like meta, he said, can you please stop.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: So you come to my room, he said, and he talked to me about a half hour. I love coach Bill. He was like, they ready to get rid of you right now. But he said, okay, okay. Before I went to the Paces, and then I said okay, okay, Bill carr Right, then I did something else, got in trouble, and then they shipped me out of there. So I can't I say all that because I don't want to act like it's all a fault, even though the suspension was too harsh.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So then after the Paces, you go to Sacramento. Yeah, correct me if I'm wrong. I think sack Town embraced you. And it was for me outside looking at and inside of looking out that I started to see you smile again a little bit like like like I see you smile again when you went to from from from sacrament I believe Sacramento and then Houston.
Speaker 5: But was was that something that like being in Indiana?
Speaker 1: Was that something that you had to like get get out of your system? And there was more you wanting to leave Indiana because of what was it? I'm as well.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing was like, so two things happened in Indiana. I tried to put in my retirement of papers, right, so right before the brawl, Oh yeah, I called the league office. He shout out to the league. I'm tell you stories. I'm got a great relationship with the league now. But I called a league office, right and I say I'm retiring because I was stressed at I'd rather be home with queens Bridge than be this stress.
Speaker 1: I'm happy in Queen's Bridge. So then so then they called me.
Speaker 4: And like they was like, nah, were not because it's really simple. I want to retire, I need the paper, I need the papers, right, But they were.
Speaker 11: Like, you know, hold on why right, Wow, go ahead?
Speaker 4: It was like why And then I got a call from Crystal to one of my good friends, Christian, and she was like, hold on, think about it. I said, Noah, I need these papers now. After after I heard them out, I said, nah, send me those papers. And then I talked to my wife. I said, Okay, I'm gonna make it through. But I was stressed out. My grandma just passed away that year, and then the bro happened. I'm like, damn, I wish I would retire because what I told him was I'm retired this year. I keep the money and I'll come back next year, but I need a year because I have my I have my children, I'm trying to get my house set, and I'm like, I'm away so much, like I can't.
Speaker 5: Just don't have nothing to do with rapper this time.
Speaker 4: I mean I was wrapping that Nature wrote, so I already started rapping. I'm inspired by you.
Speaker 1: You heard.
Speaker 4: Eat money Bags.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, Like you know, I'm You're.
Speaker 4: At Cleveland, like you want to be like like Noah showing to be like all these guys. I was already rapping at that time. People didn't understand why, because these guys. I will come to these guys, you know what I mean. But but I forgot where I was going.
Speaker 1: But you've meeting that time, yea.
Speaker 12: And Sat.
Speaker 4: I get the SAT and I tell coach Adam and r I p coach Autum and he passed away. I tell coach at him and I said, listen, I'm trying to attire, all right, I don't. I said, I need your help. I said, I need you not to start me.
Speaker 1: When that's the coach that said, no, I'm gonna play you more now. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: I was like, I need you not to start me. I said, please keep me on the end of the bench. And I'm a chair. But I don't want the media to say, oh now, mediworld pieces coming around the test coming sack the middle, causing problems. I said, you can keep it under the bench, then I can like he's out of here. And he was like nope, he said, and they keep him out. When I got there in January, they was in the last place in the west.
Speaker 1: Wow, and the west is a toper west to in the east.
Speaker 4: At this time, Yes, he said, We're gonna go as far as you take me. So we had another half hour conversation. I come out the next day, I say we're going to the playoffs. Media is like hell no, hell now it's all documented, Like now y'all hit going to the playoff.
Speaker 1: They left.
Speaker 4: And keep in mind I was two hundred and seventy three pounds, so my first game in Boston, I was two seventy three. Wow, and I was depressed. I went from two forty eight two fifty five hours and then so it took me a while to get work back into shape. But we was Kenny Smith, so I was the second half MVP. Like you said, the best record, we had the best record in the league. I think since I got there, I think we had the best record in the league. I got there, and we almost we dispersed the first World championship. But you know, but Rick Adelman, Yeah for sure, he got me back on track.
Speaker 5: Are you the only.
Speaker 1: Championship basketball player from Queensbridge or there's another?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: Do I know Kenny Smith is the only one from left?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well Vernon flemm is the only Olympian Olympian Oh okay, wow, you know Vern's from my block.
Speaker 4: He has a baby by his his cousin got a baby by my cousin Aaron.
Speaker 5: He coached you at one time right now in Indiana. Okay, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I was playing for Vernon Fleming and he didn't come back to the hood as much as I came back. And you would hear a certain things, you know, people chatter, you might heard things about you, yeah, anything, they they changed and about everybody. Because I was like all the young dude, I got something listitary everybody plain about everybody, you know what I mean. But but Vernon was that guy, and then I was. Now I should have been an Olympia but because of the bro ain't no defensive player of the Year the year of the Olympia. Yeah, not going to but so they kept me out that you know. But but yeah I'm the only champion.
Speaker 1: Now, what's the owners of the Sacramento Maloose? You have to Queen's Bridge with no security. I love these guys have a billionaires correct at the time they was.
Speaker 4: The real estate crash in two thousand and eight. Heard them and now they back up.
Speaker 1: Okay, so all right, they're surpribed you. You were inviting them to. This is one of the wildest but one of the most funniest projects in the world and.
Speaker 5: It's the biggest.
Speaker 1: It's the biggest.
Speaker 5: So you're surpribed, you inviting them, Like, how did this go?
Speaker 4: Well? These guys are incredible, probably some of the best owners I had.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, because you out with them, they're coming out too. Yeah, you out.
Speaker 4: You know, we all in the club. We are together.
Speaker 1: So I said, hey, y'all want.
Speaker 4: To come to the Hood and Gavin and then Joe was like yeah. I said, all right, cool, and they show up with our security. I'm like, you guys, don't secret. So we go to the Queen's Bridge. We just hang out.
Speaker 1: We're drinking with a park in the hood. Okay, you don't go on the dime het Okay, I'm from.
Speaker 5: T Street, but I always.
Speaker 4: And then then we went up the Kingdome.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: Crazy, So me and Kingdom they got right now, Kingdom taking two separate. Kingdom is the best tournament in New York ever. Oh wow, Rutgers got the Kingdom? Is that thing?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 4: A Kingdome dark is coming up over the last couple years. Kingdom is like, so, so I bring them the Kingdome And it's crazy that you just got out of prison.
Speaker 1: That day.
Speaker 4: He had fifty seven on me. Honestly, the game was lit me and him getting into it, you know what I mean. And then the malose is like drinking nutcrackers.
Speaker 1: In the stands. They got to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: I'm like, ain't no potty. They go up to somebody's crib. The maloose used the bathroom in the hood, and they start throwing money. They start throwing money, and you know the niggas like, yo, who throwing money on me?
Speaker 1: Like I'm a stripper. They look back kingo okay, king okay, and the Delicious they just haven't.
Speaker 4: And then there was they got a little altercation like sorry, my own They don't mean no harm.
Speaker 11: They haven't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they shut out to these That just makes a book. They were let off those nut crackers. The fact that they went to the hood that didn't win to because Kingdoms is uptown.
Speaker 4: Right uptown? Okay?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, great tournament.
Speaker 1: And oh man, I gotta big them up. That's security though they definitely should have. Yeah I got and uh and.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about.
Speaker 1: The league that you're coaching right now, because they didn't they make history this.
Speaker 4: Year girls, Yeah, okay, so over the last seven years, well actually during my NBA career. My last couple of seasons, I was coaching Palace his girls high school. So I would leave my Laker practice to go to Parli States and coach the girls. This coach was like, his name is coach Terrino Johnson. He was like, yo, you want to come coach. I said, yeah, I want, I want to coach. I might as well get started. So he introduced me and he got the job at cal State. He left high school with cal State and I went with him. So I've been there for seven for seven years. And when we got there, I mean it's Division two, so here's no budget. I mean, girls is in school and they might him to practice depending on what school you at. Wow, cal State was in. It started in nineteen forty seven. They never won anything. We get there, you know, and then so anyway, seven years later we had taped Division two program. We won the CCA Tournament for her first time in history.
Speaker 1: So we got out.
Speaker 4: This is last year or this year we stuck. We got division We play against Division one and we beat a few Division ones so we could keepete with a lot of Division ones, not the top ones. It's not like you know, the big USC those ones is a little bit difficult. But this year it's different. This year we different for sure. And then we had a first ever Player of the Year, so we got a Player of the Year. So yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of fun. I love coaching women.
Speaker 1: If the Knicks was a call you, let's say we need an assistant, would you take an assistant? Joe I tried to get their head coaching job last year.
Speaker 4: I was I made a lot of noise.
Speaker 5: I think you told me that.
Speaker 1: I think I'm using the inside of a mixture right now.
Speaker 4: I made a lot of noise. I was no representation.
Speaker 1: That would have been dope. Hold on, this is to think about coaches. Then this this year why they won.
Speaker 4: Well, the reason so last year I was making a push. Now keep in mind, I'm not represented by anybody. I got my own stuff. So the politics on that side is like they know who they want because they don't know what I'm doing. But there's also coaches that don't have no experience like I got that get those jobs. So but the nick job what I saw is this when Jalen Person came to New York and it is a clip going around. Okay, we're people are like, now it's not gonna work, not gonna work.
Speaker 1: I was like, hell, no, this is gonna work. You gonna lie. I was with one of the people. I'm sorry, Jay, that was one of the people that I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't see the fix. And so until I see him play in the NIXT uniform and I was like, oh, this kid is kind of kind of good. And I didn't see it at first.
Speaker 4: He said have you seen him in Dallas? We would have been like wow, okay, you know what I mean. So so when he when he got there, I'm like wow. And then I didn't think the job was gonna open. I was in Canada, where I live, and I spoke to your future.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: And I was in Canada and when I seen coach Timms got fired, like oh, I got to get on my job. And I got a tweet because this thing happened fast. When when when somebody get fired, someone's usually.
Speaker 5: Hired, right, you know what I mean? So you tried to get that highed.
Speaker 4: I tried to get in. So I started a tweet talk about it, and I was gaining the momentum amongst the New York Is and and then the reason why I wanted that job because of Jail and Brunts.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I gotta I keep, I keep I keep thinking, I keep saying this because so I got I'm asking you the same question twice.
Speaker 4: But I loved it.
Speaker 1: But I was it Jayleen Bruston or was the squad? Because because what was my man?
Speaker 4: Heart?
Speaker 5: Was Heart there already?
Speaker 4: Hart was there?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, cool? So all right, and let me ask you this question, because you were basketball experienced, right, did you think there's gonna win the Chip? Though?
Speaker 4: I thought, with me they would have won the Chips. And this is before Mike Ground, before they won a Chi. I thought, I was, you know, I would help them win the Chip and because of Jail and Brunson. And then they had Cat and they got the other pieces, and that's what that's what I felt at the time.
Speaker 1: You know, they didn't have Cat in the beginning of the season though, right, I think came in later this year.
Speaker 5: This you're talking about last year, I think he was.
Speaker 4: There already, but you know, Jail and Bruns and I saw us have the game and I saw how he playing if you watch him in Dallas.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh shit, I got job.
Speaker 4: You only get one shot at certain things. So I said, I'm gonna go for it, you know what I mean. And and then I was surprised that Mike Brown got the job.
Speaker 1: I thought they was looking at other people, you know. So I love his story and I found out his story is That's what I was really sold. Like when I found out his father is I believe the assistant coach, mister Yeah. And I found out that actually Jayleen, the son was at the next game when he lost Philadelphia. I was like, that's like the Leo Messy story right now, It's like the soccer story like when the kids.
Speaker 4: When the Kids is like, so, okay, yeah, that was a great story.
Speaker 1: I saw that. Yeah, but what what would you would you would you take a sister's job or if it was offered or because because didn't you work with the Knicks or something like that.
Speaker 4: I do a lot with the lakers Paces next that they are playing for community service works. Okay, you know what I mean, And I'll do it. I'm coaching right now. I kind of like to I enjoy what I'm doing. So I'm coaching girls I got a lot of experience. I'm a head coach right and I don't feel bad about that position that I'm playing.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Will I be an assistant, Yeah, but I think I'd rather be with my family than being an assistant. No disrespect, you know about it. You know what I mean. I'd rather spend time because I'm I'm not going to coach a long time. Once I get that head coaching job, the clock is on, you know, because I'm not. I'm not I'm not staying that long. If I stay five years or something like that. So every it ain't a head coaching job then right now it's like nothing and a crazy thing about it. So on March fourth, I get it. My head coach to Renal Johnson, gets a call a tech from Mike Brown and then Mike Brown shout out to Mike Ground. Played for Mike Brown. Indiana plays with Mike Ground the Lakers, and then he said, I want you to get I want you to get on on a on a call with BOC Brinda Conna. I played for Brindal Conna Indiana team, and I want you to talk about some defense. So then my head coach to Renal Johnson, So this is March fourth, and I want you to look at what they did since March fourth. So then my head coach to Reno Johnson says, you'll met. I'm about to get on a call with with BOC because they want to talk about some defense.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh shit, so I run a defense. You know what I right for the Knicks. Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: So so apparently I think people were watching how we play. My style is incredible, So so we going over the defense. So I'm saying I coached Johnson. I just give them this.
Speaker 1: I watched the game.
Speaker 4: I watched them the games, and then I went gave him assessin. I said, you should talk about this, you should talk about this. Well since March fourth, they were forty six and nineteen.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And when you look at so that validates that I can coach. And my gout I got Cam because Cam says him, I got made. So I played with Mason Ruger, we played for Diddy Rutker, we got championship together, and you a mace.
Speaker 1: Think in the game a.
Speaker 5: Little bit, Okay.
Speaker 1: Then I heard and I heard him though too.
Speaker 4: Cam was good. But then they were talking about like you know, I don't have any experience from when I hit up cam, I'm like, I'm like, do you gotta do your research? This is not meta from Queensbridge Like, I'm a I'm a I'm a coach. I'm a professional coach. I'm forty six years old. So said I hit up Caming. He was like, he's gonna have me on the show whatever. But then the narrative was I'm not coaching. You know, people saying I'm not coaching, right.
Speaker 1: So why they don't look at the women's like like a real coach.
Speaker 4: It's just politics when you get sports money at stake, So if your client has the opportunity to go grab a bag, why you're gonna mark me? Right, I'm coming in independent. I'm an independent, I'm an independent artist. I don't need nothing right and I'm not letting nobody pick my staff. I had another job for San Jose right, they wanted to hire me, right, but they was like for women's for women's coaching, where they wanted to pick my staff. I'm trying to win the championship and if you look at what they did the ship at three and twenty seven or something.
Speaker 1: While I'm not nobody.
Speaker 4: Because I know who I want. I need alpha dogs. I need people that can threaten my job. I need alphas around them. I don't want to know you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So I want like Rashie Wallace, You know what I mean? Yeah, I want.
Speaker 5: I don't want Stephen Jackson.
Speaker 4: Who else did you know I need? I need? I need people that's like gonna challenge me, because then you have that confrontation, you agree to disagree, and you get back. I don't even nobody, so you know what I'm like, hell, and I'm not like y'all pick my stuff.
Speaker 2: That also shows That also shows confidence for the players when they see the coaches so so animated.
Speaker 1: Yeah competitive, But well, let me ask you this, because your style is like so rough, like straight to it, like you ever think that you too rough for the girls.
Speaker 4: Or like no, I'm a coach, right, It's not like when I played.
Speaker 5: You know, Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Coaching my girls, you know now, I'm implementing Phil Jackson stuff. I'm meditating with my girls. I'm making sure they get to school. I'm not screaming up my girls. But if you if you talk to my girls, they probably never heard me raise my voice for the exception of we had a few that was just like me.
Speaker 1: I girls just like.
Speaker 4: Really and I had to like control him. And but I always talked to my girls like you know how you feel, you know this, this is how I coach. I let him know I'm gonna be a man. I'm not coaching like like nobody else. I'm coaching like me, and they let me coach like me. So we have an understanding and and it's all good. Yeah, show they like it.
Speaker 1: Pulled up and say, coach, I saw video.
Speaker 2: Come Oh, I mean as who you are and what you're leading and what you're giving them as mentor coach.
Speaker 1: They got to be like, nah, he's a.
Speaker 11: Dog too, I got to know who he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Sometimes sometimes they might watch maybe you watch a clip right when you meet me in person, I'm forty six, you know, and mature.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm holding that.
Speaker 4: That's like going, that's like glory may I heard some of your musics, like, like hold on.
Speaker 2: Many last I was here, we didn't do flowers.
Speaker 1: We gotta we got to what the flowers. Our shows about giving people their flowers, they thought so they could sell them. This is before you walked in. We were watching this is Fire and we were watching and it was the first it was it was playing a game when you first wore World Peace jersey, and it was a clip with lead this when you first got to the next and don't I don't think you wanted to wear that jersey at that time?
Speaker 5: What happened explaining to that?
Speaker 4: It was wild? So like I changed my name to me. I became a Buddhist huh in two thousand and nine, and then I was I was still practicing and I played for Phil. Ironically, I said, this is he's saying, we win the championship, and I wanted with controls.
Speaker 1: I won a championship by having enter control.
Speaker 4: So now I'm like, I'm all in on Buddhist. Then I can't, and then I'm like, okay, I'm gonna change my name. So initially I was looking at two Indian types style names Medas an Indian name from the Indian culture, and then I was looking at another last name. Initially it was actually so Hood, so that was my first option. Well I was wrong. I actually had the shirt, you know, and then it evolved to like, but as I got older in my mind it was evolving, so you know, as I said, okay, let me, let me stick to more me.
Speaker 1: So then.
Speaker 4: When I saw it was like, you know, I picture on thousands of names and then the last name was like meta imagine like meta group or Metasuja. I'm like it's too much like for me. I'm like, I can't have two Indian names. I'm not an Indian. So then I was trying to go for a different last name, and the world piece just hit. I'm like, I'm the only shake. If he was going through the war at that time, you know what I mean, he was going through the wall Middle Eastern War Iraq.
Speaker 1: And look at the look at the title.
Speaker 5: You're an outbum.
Speaker 4: I never asked you about it, but you know the tragedy like you know, thank you.
Speaker 1: This is incredible.
Speaker 4: So you know, when you when you look at people, people don't understand about tragedy. As a young kid that's trying to find his way in the neighborhood, you know, find his way in life. Like you listen to the tragedy, you know what I mean, that's all we got. I can't trust. I can't trust what I he did. Tragedy is saying this is how he laying it out. That's how that's where we go to school.
Speaker 11: Last.
Speaker 4: So now I don't want necessarily want to get in trouble, you know, but I want to I listen. I say, okay, if I make these right decisions, and if I listen to you know what, you know kind of how he's saying, if you make a wrong move, you know you're gonna go to jail. Something.
Speaker 5: He was talking about the rest of the president too, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean, the back then, and then you know my cousin, my brother in the little hostuff. You know, he's like, he's the only one that got three babies by my sister, but everybody else got for baby mamas, but hostile passed away. Screwball, right, and then even if you look at the record they made about Giuliani. Wow, so right, So as I'm listening to this stuff and saying, how could I take this and understand what they're saying. So then when you talk about world peace and people say you calling him it's crazy, I'm like, nah, that sails the walk going out going on outside, nobody's safe from Like, how could I inspire somebody from the hood. That's why when I went to the league. The reason I kept representing the streets was because I wanted them to know I didn't forget about them, And I also wanted them to know, like, you know, you don't have to be in trouble, like you could do things on from a positive perspective and focus on your family. You don't have to don't take debate, you know what I mean. And I learned that from people like Tragedy, you know what I mean, just listening to my albums and of course you know, and you know Nasis like he's different, he's like a superstar all this stuff, but he also has a lot of great messaging he does, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. I'm speaking about Naves. Is it true that in the middle of jay Z and Nives going to war you hung out with jay Z or you brung jay Z to the hood, or he gave you a rocke like this.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna like this up. We don't know, Yeah, yeah, drink check the drink Champs normally got a baby by my cousin. This is a show.
Speaker 1: And uh, I'm gonna like this up. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah to no.
Speaker 5: So is that true?
Speaker 1: Uh? After you hung out with Jyll gave you a you played for him in Record Park or something right in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of j and Ives going the war.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they owe me an apology. The record it. Now you owe me the first apology. Now I's one me like a I understand that an apology. So what happened was like I'm a I'm a freshman at Saint John's.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, this is okay, coolte.
Speaker 4: Ninety Okay, I started to build a relationship with Rockefeller. Hip hop Okay, so I start the relationship with Rockefeller. Now keep in mind, we idolize Nas like he's Michael Jordan and also beyond Michael Jordan's you know so so, but Nas was like busy in ninety seven. I guess he's not in the hood a lot, you know what I mean, So we don't. I don't see him a lot unless hes don't know. He's going on his side. But I'm staying on my side. So anyway, I happened to have a relationship with the Rockefeller and not. Now, keep in mind, I know wherez like these.
Speaker 7: I played ball winz every on the weekends, man wiz yeahkay, okay.
Speaker 4: From Bravehouse. You see I see the Brave Hauts.
Speaker 5: Okay, but I don't see Nas Okay, so.
Speaker 4: I don't have a relationship with nas. First time I met Nas, you know, was he Lloyd, And I said, damn, why can't I mean Nas man? So I was fifteen, and Lloyd said, yo, Na's coming through right now. So he came through. He came on.
Speaker 1: He in a minivan.
Speaker 4: And it's the first time I seen diamonds that look like rainbows.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm like, damn.
Speaker 1: And then now I'm staying through the first time, my first time I met him literally as a you know, and this is ninety nine.
Speaker 4: No, this was ninety six or ninety five, Okay, first time I met nine. Okay, you know in terms of like, you know, I'm doing my thing, he's doing he's he's already doing this thing. And you know, this kid from the hood look up to you want to meet you. I met NOAs and then so that that's that's it. And then after that, I played a relationship with Rockefeller. Rockefeller had a relationship with Saint John's right, you know, So I'm like dinners with these guys. I'm going into the office with Dame you know what I mean. I'm in the office at the Rocke at the Rockefeller Rockaware Rockaway Rockefeller where. So so I'm getting like free stuff and keep in mind, yeah, I mean I don't got nothing. I still don't got nothing, like Ja Laurian used to give me.
Speaker 1: Five dollars like lawyer, yeah, young Okay.
Speaker 4: So so then I'm like, all right, cool, jay Z's a rapper who I listened to jay Z? Actually I wasn't a big jay Z fan. I got Cedric from twelve Sheet was a big jay Z fan. I was listening to old school music. Good okay, So then he loved jay I learned about jay Z from Cedric. So then so then you know, so you're so we're hanging out and I develop a relationship now and in the back of my mind, I'm like, dad, I wish I had a relationship with NAS, right because I look up the NAS. So anyway, that fast forward and right before I'm about to announce, I'm going to the NBA, I go to the Rockefeller office. I say, yo, I'm about to announce, because now I'm like, how Lebron is with Jay in ninety seven? Lebron is fourteen, right, right, so he was I was Jay was like I think I was being prepped to be on like a Rock Nation type of thing. They were already thinking about this.
Speaker 11: Okay, wow.
Speaker 4: So I was like, you, I'm gonna wear a Rockefeller. I'm gonna weird. I mean, I'm a rock and were into my press conference and I did my press conference in the hood of Quensbridge. I already had a planning in the recenter. The I didn't know they have beef.
Speaker 5: Okay, I didn't know.
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Honestly, the beef launched like three days before. Look at the date when the beef lunch. So I'm like, oh my goodness, Like, do I tell Rocket Fellow, I don't want beef for these names. But I can't wear your stuff because you got beef from my men, right, So now you know? And then I'm like, yo, they were they using me as a poem. That's a fair cesstem. I go through it. Now, keep in mind, that's dangerous because now I'm not not even older guys, the guys my age. That's like, yo, what Rocky way in the hunt? So that was danger but I went but I went on with it, and I never heard from Rocky. I never heard from the news again. And then I gotta imagine. I was like, yo, this is good ship. I spoke briefly about it, like not a lot. I spoke brief medium. We had dinner with Nas. Shout out the NAS coat. I went to the coat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we want in New York.
Speaker 1: On that crazy.
Speaker 4: But so anyway, now you fast forward, it's like and then before that, I ain't even know Damon jay Z had a problem.
Speaker 1: Wait wait what back?
Speaker 13: Okay, Okay, okay, me and Cam we do the we do the rock o where launch okay, close, and they did a photo shooting and I'm showing up because I got a relationship with rock with right, so I'm thinking, oh, sh j J not head, but this is.
Speaker 4: Gonna be okay. And and it's out there you can look at.
Speaker 5: It, right, okay, but they got beef.
Speaker 4: So now it's like, oh, I wasn't I said, oh, I wasn't supposed.
Speaker 11: To do this when you're there, no after because I.
Speaker 4: Know they have beef. So I'm like, damn, I'm in between some I'm just trying to I'm trying my pro so I'm trying to attach myself to something hot, right, you know what I mean. And then like so that was like a witch and I'm also working on an album. I was also start working on my album, so I'm hoping I can get like some verses, some good beats. So that kind of like and then then.
Speaker 1: Then fast forward into when they first hit the stage.
Speaker 4: So you got Jay, you got Nas, you got Lebron. I show up for NAS, and I get a call from Killer Kids, Rock Charlie, Yo, maybe maybe wiz And and Jungle. Okay, somebody said, Yo, be here, and Childie is like, Yo, you gotta be there. I'm all right, make it happen. So I was right there before they walk on the stage. I'm like, I know I'm going up there, you know. And then I ain't even see I said, I said, I'm gonna go up there just to be like I And then I saw Lebron. I said, oh, I know, I'm next one. I got a whole down on my guy, you know what I mean. And I was Jay Nas and wrong and I was kind of I was like, I was kind of hurt, and then you know, and then I was like, you never got to get on the stage.
Speaker 1: No, So then so I have to excuse I have.
Speaker 4: I have a case I should have been on that stage. That's a different way of the Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then also I just wanted to get those two down, like yo, like rock rock rockaway while y'all stop messing with me. Right when I gave you my time. I think my time was somewhat valuable. And then how you guys as friends now didn't talk to me. Okay, where do I fall into this category?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? To be clear, they weren't paying you to do the rock, so you were just doing it.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't pay you. I didn't get paid. Just yeah, just looking in a relationship like cause I'm trying to I'm in the front New York Brooklyn sat down and I got my name from uptown, Like I'm just trying to. I'm about to go pro.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The first thing I did was when I got When I went pro, I shout out gods and mall.
Speaker 1: Deep, but they were standing on stage.
Speaker 4: That's the first thing I did, shout out to the mall, shout out, thinking like we're gonna come together, Like we're gonna come together. I got some bread. I know what's happening in the hood. I know niggas could use a little investments. I was the first investor in MS records with no contract.
Speaker 1: That's just cash.
Speaker 4: Wow, I gave I started, I gave.
Speaker 1: I gave you Prodigy to cash.
Speaker 4: That's before you would do I don't know what contract is shut out. I was helping with the records. We go get the records from the shoint. But in my mind, I'm like, oh, ship, you know. And I wasn't speaking annoy this much. But in my mind I'm like, oh, seeing them, what can I do to help?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: But it was a total opposite, Like you know, I was feeling the square in the circle.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a little bit but let me, do you think, like even from Queensbridgs, do you think you deserved more support when it came to your music career.
Speaker 5: Yes, you felt like that.
Speaker 4: Because guys is like your guys. What I'm saying is I was inspired by your guests right right right. So now people would say you never got nas on the record, I digg it, no, but okay, he sent me your record. I couldn't edit.
Speaker 1: Okay, another story I love. I didn't know that you couldn't use it.
Speaker 4: I used it. I needed I needed to. I needed to edit my my my artist verse.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I couldn't it.
Speaker 1: Okay just recorded.
Speaker 5: You didn't have a mission, you just do artist on it, and I didn't.
Speaker 4: We tried, we made it work, but it was like, you know, I need the files, I need the stems.
Speaker 1: Then you didn't know it was I knew I needed at that.
Speaker 4: Time, but I didn't want to ask nows again because I'm like, this is if you give you this, take it, you know what I mean, Like this is enough from regard right, But yeah, I always wanted to wrap. I mean, if you think about it, like on the third.
Speaker 14: Floor, huh ering on three A well and you forty one oh wait that's tenth street, but twelve street forty one, sixteen okay, sixteen killer and have it the three ceeds my cousin who was also he right there.
Speaker 4: They also moving a lot right in the hood eight three A right. So so I'm like, I've seen the whole experience, you know, coming to so I'm like this is inspimental. People was like, you know, why are you wrapping now? In the hoods somebody like why are you rapping? Or my cousin the pole, why a you rapping?
Speaker 1: Rapping? I'm around you, guys, every day, right, you know what I mean? Now that you look back at it, do you think that was a mistake because then you get in trouble with Sacramento or who team was it. I never got in trouble, oh, because I think you wanted to go on tour.
Speaker 4: Well, what happened was so before the broad okay, my grandma passed away, and then I needed a break.
Speaker 11: Okay, so I was going to Miami.
Speaker 4: They let me go on the break. But when I went to Miami, the d T was U huh And I went on state.
Speaker 1: He was supposed to go. I should not have done nothing, but I was.
Speaker 5: He was supposed to be playing the game.
Speaker 4: Well, I was going on the break and am I just passed? So I said, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna take a break. I'm gonna go to Miami with my guys and we're gonna go to Miami. You go to the club break. That could be part of the break. It was, honestly, it was part of me break.
Speaker 1: Honestly part of the break because your grandma died.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the breakage to my grandma.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. Honestly, my grandma passed I need to go away from basketball, right, So they looked at it like that, Like I was promoting the album the Break and then the crazy thing, and it was like it was like, you know those things, I just don't stop. So then so that happens, everything is cool. Could be playing well, right, right, So even Jermaine Knew was like, yeah, he's doing an album, but he's playing well. Nobody all happens. And I just signed the law.
Speaker 5: Right, just signed the law Lord.
Speaker 4: I just signed the law socause I love R and B. I love arm Be more than anything. So I want to come up.
Speaker 1: I wanted to start.
Speaker 4: Chinky was my first artist I wanted to sign, so I didn't want to sign.
Speaker 1: I want to do right.
Speaker 4: I want to do but Chinky, you know it's a long time ago, right, So so then I signed in law It bro happens. I remember nineteenth, A little albums dropped. You know we're gonna twenty third, A little album is dropping a womber twenty third. Broad happens in nineteenth. Check stops on the nineteenth. Imagine that and.
Speaker 5: Didn't what did you? Who did you drop a little with?
Speaker 4: It's just me, It was just you signed a little trying to get into music.
Speaker 1: But it was a distribution, wasn't it.
Speaker 11: We all, oh okay, yeah kay, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anybody like I want to be please give a law.
Speaker 12: Listening to Stay.
Speaker 1: Chapter three incredible album, man.
Speaker 4: My greatest work. Yeah, but it was like I was trying to get into it and then I feel like I wanted more support. But I felt like people looked at it like I don't know, like, like you know what.
Speaker 1: It is when a basketball player makes that album. I think most people don't take them serious. It's like and it's like it's like when master Ple, all do respect us, my man, when you're trying to serious, like and he was serious.
Speaker 4: Look at look at I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna say nathty hustle, but it's not nifty hustle.
Speaker 5: The rest of the piece of thefty hustle. But what's my man named?
Speaker 1: J Cole? J Cole just went to out of the country where I think they bust his ass. He got like two points. But but but us, like this guy is working out every day, he's going to the we're taking them serious. But I think it's like bite first because I feel like rappers always wanted to be athletes and athletes always wanted to be a rappers.
Speaker 4: But this is different. Okay, this is waking up in the Queen's Bridge, all right, this look think about the stories. Yeah, w w E every every Thanksgiving, that nature house, That's where I'm at. Before I knew, I didn't even know the na rapper. Wow, I was chilling Brandon in Theron. Wow, I don't even know his mom had the cakes, the cakes.
Speaker 5: I spend on.
Speaker 4: I'm at with with twin, the twin annoying my mom. All best friends, right, so all hanging out every night. So he spending night of that day, right, So I'm growing up around it. And then you find out guys is rapping and you want to be like them, like you don't want you want to try to stay out of trouble. And then so what are you guys doing? You guys is rapping because you know, you guys want to break in trouble. You guys are not. So I'm like, oh, that's how that's my plan, b right, you know, is to tell a story. And so for me it's little. I think it's a little bit different than like baller, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right, you from from them, like it's crazy. I'm bouncing around a little bit. But it's crazy how like like people may consider Queen's Ridge poverty, but it's not, like I mean, like it's actually rich. And like I said it earlier, I looked at Paul, probably some of the best times I've ever had in my life is in Queens. I'm talking about when I was bro not even like not even like like that's one of the almost if you want to have fun, you're gonna find some fun out there. Yeah, And you know, you know what I love about that era. I always felt like people always protected you from from the street, like like you you a street but you like, like, I don't think I think everyone was really protected you because I'm sure you seeing the same way you see rappers. I'm sure like when you was younger, you've seen a lot of drug dealers because you have block. Is crazy and is that true? Like the streets always kind of like protected you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely able to like you, you know, Trail from twelve Street here, you know, he'll give us a dollar.
Speaker 1: And I remember that, you know, to make sure you stay out the street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you see us hooping, you know, you guys was trying. Y'all didn't want us to be like you know, like y'all, oh you know what I mean. For the most part, you guys protected us. So guys, you know, so for me when I need it, I felt I'll be getting it like people don't. You might have beat with tramp, but I remember, gave me enough money to go buy.
Speaker 5: Some long get some longs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get some yo. I'm sorry over the place. Let me just tell you something. I thought Wongs had drugs in it. Yo. It's a Chinese restaurant in Queensbridge. I used to come from Left Brack for Wongs like I'm wanna, I'm I'm going through. This is twenty first Street, right, I'm going there getting Wongs. And I used to go to the park, but she goes from the pub.
Speaker 5: I used to like him.
Speaker 1: He was like the only other Spanish person. I used to always go there and mess with him. But Wongs, Wongs was so addicted. You remember Wongs. Yeah, yes, but that food was it? That food was like mister Chile. Yo. And I want to check the.
Speaker 4: Jo he walked around the.
Speaker 1: Fine so boom. We want to do quick time of Slim. But I get explain to.
Speaker 3: All right because last here we didn't play this game. This is our drinking game. We're gonna give you two choices. You pick one, we don't drink. But if you say you don't want to pick a choice for both, or you picked both, we drinking. Okay, all right, we really just want stories out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but I got I'm picking one up to you. You want to pick either or. But sometimes people just want to be politically correct. They don't want to pay, and.
Speaker 4: That's when we drank. Okay, that's when we drank.
Speaker 1: All right, So Jordan or Kobe may get him his shots whatever he's drinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's your shot.
Speaker 1: Okay shot.
Speaker 11: The thinking about it is dope. You have to think about those guys.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to say the one because Kobe not here. So I said, he said, I Enjoydan was better. Like Kobe called me, you know what I mean? He was like, yo, ma in't true. He told me this is why it ain't true. So I said the reasons why it wasn't Yeah, And I said, you're right, so I can't just.
Speaker 5: Talked for me to go back, and now let me tell you I'm joining.
Speaker 4: Was that dude?
Speaker 1: We take yeah? Yeah, we take one night. Okay, let me tell you Kobe Bryant's story real quick before you move on.
Speaker 5: We have mister Childs.
Speaker 1: One night, I just did a record with Kobe. Remember he was on Track Masters with Steve Stout.
Speaker 4: I got I got you, Oh he was I didn't realize that was Stell.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when I got on the record, I wrote his rhyme. He came to the studio like furious. He was like, what is that. No.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, that's for you, Like I got you.
Speaker 1: He was furious. He was like he's like no, no, no, no, I write my own rocks. And I was like, okay, you know, I was cool. I was like, you know, he's competitive, Like even in a field where he's not a professional's competitive.
Speaker 5: So we went I definitely raised the verse.
Speaker 1: I definitely.
Speaker 5: I definitely raised the verse.
Speaker 1: And then, uh, I don't know if we went out to the dinner together or we bumped each other again at dinner. So we're in mir Chiles. You know. You know, mister Childs is minty seventh Street. You know what the closest hood to that is.
Speaker 5: Seezberg.
Speaker 1: So me like the idiot I am. I look at Kobe in his face and I'm like I could take you one on one right now. I'm I'm drunk out of my mind, but in my mind, I think I could take Kobe right now. So Kobe, there's not much of a competitive dude. He is, bro, He's I'm thinking. He looked at me like, where's the nearest court, like the fact that he even thought about it. So I was like, yo, queensbridges right down block, Like we could literally like this, this this is the bridge right here, we just go across the street.
Speaker 5: And the man thought about it, he thought about it.
Speaker 1: I really was wanting to be like, hell no, Kobe, I'm playing around like but I sat there. That's how much of a dog he was in real life. He didn't want me.
Speaker 5: To have that on him, to say, Yo, I challenge you for.
Speaker 1: To play ball and Queens right down the block like it literally is like four or five minutes away, And he thought about it, like this is how much that she would have abably been crazy. I was so glad he was like at the very last and he was like no, no, no, no, like or stop someone someone stopped there, and I was just like, but we were we were respectful.
Speaker 5: But I'm like, there's no way I could beat Kobe.
Speaker 1: I got like, but that's how that's how crazy is. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah Lebron or k d mm okay Lebron, but not that not so fast, okay, right because the k these got dude, I think, I mean because Lebron because of what you see. If you're going, you know Lebron, Now you say Lebron, Jordan, we gotta talk about it because Lebron got some stuff. But then I can go to non scoring titles and eight and ten times playing eighty two.
Speaker 11: Games, right right?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: So you can go eighty games ten times.
Speaker 4: I could played eighty two games ten times when we was in the liquors gods, just like, yeah, I'm playing eighty two this year.
Speaker 5: That's like a goal to get up to eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People taking no breakage, most people get hurt.
Speaker 4: And Korebe played eighty two that year. I play eighty two. But I think the starting five maybe not maybe maybe buying them didn't play eighty two.
Speaker 11: Wow, they just said that about Anthony Davis.
Speaker 5: He said that I saw it. I just saw it for eighty two games.
Speaker 1: That's what he said. Wait wait, wait, who was said that Anthony Davis. Yeah, he's he's in Dallas now. I don't know how the championship Laco in the.
Speaker 2: Labron, he's like available for eighty two.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you're gonna be limping, so you gotta be smart, like if you got a cash strain, you can't do too much. You gotta relax like you could get you want to play like you heard somewhere. Like for example, when I when I have my surgery here and this finger, Wow, damn me. So I have three surgeries on this finger. So I got surgery and they said you're gonna be out eight weeks. So I'm mean I'm in the pacer. I said, no, I'm not. I said, once I get the cast, I'm playing right, And he was like, no, you're not. I said, watch me what I said, Vince is playing. I'm playing against Vincent a week. I am miss Vince Cunner. And you're going YouTube, You're going Google. I mean you'll see my fucking hand rapped.
Speaker 11: Yeah like this much?
Speaker 1: Yeah, big rat.
Speaker 4: And that's the crazy. That's the difference.
Speaker 11: Who protects you at that moment? Well in your circling, don't look like.
Speaker 4: I'm playing the game now from a contract perspective. So now I'm playing where I had ten surgeries on my hand, right that one three surgeries and then I got three.
Speaker 1: I didn't get.
Speaker 4: I just in funny, right, But Fat Joe got a story. I'll did just split right here. Fat Joe got a story. I'll do from the record.
Speaker 1: I think in the championship is split all the way down there.
Speaker 4: It was wide open, you know what I mean. I wrapped the shit with Tish fell tape. But were playing in those areas like the Knicks said play right, So that's how I come from the Nick. I were like, Okay, we're not We're not sitting out the game. My last injury had a miniscus tear. They said, you're gonna be out six weeks on the Lakers. I said, no, I'm not. I said, the playoffs is next week with the Lakers were Spurs. It was the only time to Nash Howard, I don't know when next time I'm playing with these guys. I ain't missing that right. So I got a picture with these guys playing just got swept right, and also didn't want to miss playing against Kawhi Leonner. I'm the Kawhi Leonard. Ain't Tim duncan I ain't missing that right, and but that ended my career like that. So now on the other side, when God is sitting out, I would say sit out because now you go back for negotiations and they say you only average fifteen, I.
Speaker 11: Say, come on, or you're injury prone.
Speaker 4: You know I can't do certain things? Did I can't? I can't go for some rebounds, So now box and I was saying, Okay, I know I can get him that rebound. You know, I don't even want go brea. Keep my heads, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So how about that that famous Mark Jackson statement coach Mark Jackson when he was like, you got to tell your body not today.
Speaker 11: I'm not I'm not hurt today. Is that something that you ever heard of?
Speaker 1: It you ever heard of that? No?
Speaker 4: I didn't hear that saying that was.
Speaker 1: With a d or or somebody that got hurt. And he was like, no, you got to tell your body not.
Speaker 4: Now you got to be smart too. But there's a lot of money at risk. But so you your stats right now, that's what they're saying. So your status is the difference between a hundred million and you know, so you know, so what you're gonna do no, of course, that's business. It's from my perspective, was different because I can win without scoring, and I can win without rebounding. So what I'm telling them is and I did it, and I still did it, But I never got like a twelve. You never seen people think I got a maxed Ol. I ain't never seen him that contract, not with Houston. No, that's not six MILLI six miles. And most have a son because of trouble, you know what I mean, because that's what you know what I mean it was. It was a lot of that, but also like the performance, so you know, but yeah, I was saying, yeah, let's.
Speaker 1: Get back to God, don't play. You got this?
Speaker 4: Okay, the next one, Kyrie or a I. That's an interesting one. Kyrie or a I has a Kyrie has the title. I feel like a I honestly because certain people, I'm gonna go a I. I ain't saying Kyrie are nice, nice, A good choice. Yeah, LL I'm gonna go with NAS. Just have a shout. Also, okay, shots are here, but I think L has a great body at work. LL did to a different audience. Yeah, but it's okay, you know, I think nas is like just two legendary people. You gotta listen to the rap he could rap.
Speaker 1: They have more beef than it in terms of beef.
Speaker 4: Well, and now it's got great music. I think that is the greatest rapper honestly. Honestly, Yeah, me too. Yeah, man, I think that it's the greatest rapper era because but I think in terms of more beef, I think l had a sizeable amount.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think sizeable.
Speaker 4: It's one of the first artists I think had the first beef for real, Like he's doing R and B, so he gotta be like, I ain't no sucker.
Speaker 1: He was. He was starting. He was starting instigated because if you go way back to kum D. Yeah, I can't go that far. I can't know what I can't say. I can't say if he started that. But the Cannabis thing, I really do think he started. I really do. And at the time, like Cannabis was one of the most vicious people.
Speaker 5: On the mic.
Speaker 1: In fact, remember Cannabis, he felt Cannabis went at him on the Yeah, he didn't start it necessarily, No, he.
Speaker 5: Didn't mean that.
Speaker 4: Come on, I mean, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Cannabis was going there.
Speaker 5: He was going.
Speaker 1: Canabis went there. He went there.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind, I like, I love cannabis more than a lot of people. Now, cannabis is done. Man.
Speaker 1: He was a cannabis was He was a lyric on top of the lyrical food chain.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, I like cannabis lyrics. You know, I love cannabis honestly, man. And that was tough.
Speaker 1: But I think he just started and they all did what he had to do, and it was a classic record. They both It was on the same ricord class that was cannabis at the time.
Speaker 4: As a kid, I was on canabis side because I'm a kid, right, so you know I'm a cannabis fan.
Speaker 11: What he said, trained to run a hundred miles, I'm soft saying.
Speaker 1: Nah said female rappers too. I don't give a boy you realize Foxy just went She literally just just around then, like he said that we should play cannabis and coke and get to get in them. Okay, yes, but hold on, let let me have a little little twist to it. Nas or jay Z Man, that's not a little twist.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I'm say Nas the greatest, but let me let me not start there. Okay, let me start there, because that's like being biased and all that stuff. I love Volume one. I was one of those guys when Jay said, I'm my whole album.
Speaker 1: I'm like.
Speaker 5: You with my old ship, my ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So Volume one was that thing. Volume two was good too. I didn't get into jay Z until Cedric Williams from Tell Street. All your friends know, Okay, I ain't getting to you. Got listening to jay Z. Got listened to jay Z. But I'm listening to them all deep. I love long Deep guy, I love Veterans Memorial.
Speaker 1: So we're going as I'm going as. Okay, hey you could you could get the next one? Jayleen Brunston or Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seven thirty seventh Curry right now?
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty ten okay, but ahead.
Speaker 4: Finished seventh Curry right now. Jeleen Bronston is dope.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, twenty ten Lakers or twenty twenty six Knicks.
Speaker 4: Oh shit, I'll about take a shot because I didn't take that quick, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He's on go time with you cool? So oh yeah, sorry, we took it.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's do it, Let's do it. I'm more noise show. So you know what I mean, let's do it all right? Cool?
Speaker 4: So two thousand ten Lakers versus.
Speaker 1: Who twenty twenty six Knicks. All right, I'm gonna go with us one hundred, Yeah, say with us.
Speaker 4: I love them, guys. I gotta got my whole jerseys. Game four, I got the best thing signed by the way, Game four I want.
Speaker 1: I'm on the floor.
Speaker 4: They say world peace. We need world peace right now, right, so I say world peace, and Jael and Brunson signing and the whole Nick team signed it. I'm a Knicks fan. I'm not gonna go there right now, but I'm a huge Knick fan. But all right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Your three favorite team teams is Knicks, Bulls, and it switches your third one.
Speaker 4: I love the Knicks, but my favorite team is the Bulls.
Speaker 1: The Bulls and and Jordan Bulls. Jordan Bulls, okay because of.
Speaker 4: Them, and then the Nick but I never wanted to see them beat the Knicks. So the Knicks was the beat the Bulls ass in the championship. I'm I'm very happy, you know what.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy about being the Knicks fan and I'm me being a Knicks fan, and I think I'm two years older than you, right, But and did you play with Reggie Miller?
Speaker 4: I played with Reggie.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Reggie used to kill us every year, like you can't every Yeah, listen, I took it so worse to the one time I went to All Star Weekend when I became Norri this is afterwards, and Reggie Miller walked into the room, I walked out. I didn't want to say add to him because of how he used to kill the Knicks. But then later on I got to forgive him because you on the team.
Speaker 5: Crazy for I got to forgive him like that that year, like he was the o G at that time too. It was like that was just that.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that his last year?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Last?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Was it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I played Reggie before his last year, and then I was suspended his last year. Okay, yeah, I'm the reason he don't got a championship and he got one. In my heart yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you say what you think that the reason he championship?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Definitely because I was suspended.
Speaker 1: But he used to But back then he used to whip the Knicks ass and that didn't wasn't.
Speaker 4: That always was also Ja's best. I was second best.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, okay, yeah, all right, yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, So but your question, oh sorry not to say on the paces. So why the pacers? Guy? So last year, the next players the Pacers. I'm room for the next I'm room for the Pacers, and I make it clear because.
Speaker 11: One they want in the stands for me, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then also Sean Green nots Blocked drafted to the paces Flemming my block.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, he was the pace. Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And then me Don Block had a traffic the Pacers, and I played for the Pacers. So the Pacers is always for many reasons they won. I would say Nicks in the Lakers, the Lakers, the Knicks and the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Is like.
Speaker 5: For me, yeah, yeah, yeah, you could do the next cone or nature.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Take your old.
Speaker 11: Anwer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna answer. You're gonna answer.
Speaker 15: You honestly.
Speaker 4: I see why we don't have to get you much deeper terms. We're supposed to go on vacation together, that's right, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's funny. Funny. I said, I wouldn't tell the story, but you gotta explaining the nature. It's funny, Like I read this house. This beautiful house. Did you read the great Yeah? And beautiful? And then it's a beautiful house next to us. And I'm hearing his voice and I'm sure he's hear my voice. Be right next door to each other. Leave no way, he leaves over, Like why smoke?
Speaker 4: I see this, dude, I see this, and I can't.
Speaker 1: Hearing your voice. That's why I was like, I know that voice.
Speaker 4: Like ahead, you see He's like, you know, yeah, you know right?
Speaker 1: Dare you smoking? We actually came over the smoked yeah, ma wait.
Speaker 5: I'm like that was crazy.
Speaker 1: I remember that was one of the first times I heard you say a venture capitalists.
Speaker 5: I said, he was with your vin capitalists home boys, and I was with my partners a lot of stuff. I was like, damn, what the is the pal capitalists.
Speaker 1: I didn't know what you were talking.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was gonna get some different type of money.
Speaker 1: You're in the media business, and I was hitting my media, my media partner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right, that's right right there.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 4: Also like and I was like, yo, I said, this is the guy. I said, no, you don't understand. Put down the blood in order to help your You know what I mean? That was dope.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you if you want to ask the componer, nature, you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said, both thought help because I'm I'm in there and now cover cover is great.
Speaker 1: I love he said both. He said, both said I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so sorry, yes, and you're in the Russian I get you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know.
Speaker 4: There you go, all right, So.
Speaker 11: You don't speak no, no, don't win in no Russian.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nature wrote your first while.
Speaker 4: Nature Nature wrote my first round six six two forty new shure these new agents, What can you do for me? Niggas? Try to warn me about the pressure of prose and what it takes to be a star? Mad Questions of Rose, Question number one, why did I leave school? If you ask me, it was my best move? Sixteenth pick never seen ship. In fact, the only niggas I knew was my queen's click, try and fly and get your wings clipped. The nature man.
Speaker 5: Understand.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I would just do a verse and leave.
Speaker 1: I was busy. I got almost three hundred songs. I just do it first, leaving people and I throw it out there. I don't care. I throw it out.
Speaker 4: I'll be like gues you should trasy. I ain't even recorded, I got whatever, But but I would go to Nature. Right now, I'm gonna go a Capone. Got better body of work. Nature had a chance. We all know that Nature had a chance. But Capole have a way better body of work. They both lyricists. But you're probably gonna give us a capone because he's still putting that work. But the Nature, we we gotta admit Nature had the times.
Speaker 1: Mann that Nature time was serious. You got one night one time.
Speaker 5: He was the hottest.
Speaker 1: He was the hottest in Queens for sure, probably New York Man for sure, probably New York.
Speaker 4: So I took so one sing I say about Nature is like he's creative. I was talking. I speak to Nature all the time right sometimes and I think, like, like what you're doing? This inspired me? Man, I said, this is great. Y'all understand if you asked me in two thousand and two, you gonna do the podcast and talking and interviewing people. Know, no, no, no, he's not doing man, trust me with guy like Nature is like guys, it's tapping up into your other your other thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is this is I think it's gonna be easy for you Mob deep or mop.
Speaker 4: Alright, I'm gonna deep.
Speaker 1: But I definitely.
Speaker 4: I never met them deep anway, cause I always say I love the Mob. It's crazy that I can make an argument that I'm from a neighborhood with the best artist. That's enough, Like yeah, I can get a chance to say, yeah, I'm nah, you have the best artist, by the way, and and yeah, there's arguments to be made. Everybody feel like that the Mob. You know, Veterans Memorial is my best song from the mall, that's my best song. I tell alchemists I'm the alchemist is the only number I know about heart and my grandma number. But I can tell your alchemist's number one call them right now. Every time I see algemist, I tell on the phone number. But yeah, I will just go with the Mob. And for many reasons, and I also get I got to see Ray Quorn perform for any Now, keep in mind, I listened I for I like ten thousand times, right, and but I never knew.
Speaker 1: I would see for I perform live, you know. And it was crazy.
Speaker 5: And it was all four of them there, it was.
Speaker 4: It was Ray kwe it was nice.
Speaker 1: I think I think was going okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, but you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, And I've seen it live and for me, that was I've never seen it live before and that's like probably five or five top songs in my life.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's an incredible song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anyway, can go on and on a.
Speaker 1: Drug dealer's dreams, stash scream keys under like a gentleman. Women was on your head. So the.
Speaker 4: Metropolist shoot out, the Holy Beast is watching.
Speaker 1: Us, Okay, Larry Bird or Magic Jump, Oh.
Speaker 4: Larry Bird or magical Larry Bird or anybody honestly, Yeah, I mean Larry j But Larry was that dude. If you look at today's game of Larry Gay, Larry is getting n one three point shots. So when you talk about Larry Biry being the best three point shooter, you're talking about Jesus and ones. That's what you're talking about. So and then magic is obviously great. So that's why I say magic is humble magics, like, yeah, you know these number one Magic is that dude? Like, But I think at the end of the day, if Larry wasn't hurt prow to go with Larry, but I think the body of work, you're gonna go with Magic.
Speaker 10: Okay, what's a good Magic Johnson's story that you have from playing with la because you know, you always stay close to the team.
Speaker 4: I mean for me, Magic is like I seen him pay against the Bulls, but I was a Bulls faner you understand, I was a Bulls faner so as I was a fan one time. So I didn't really see Magic a lot, but seeing his business moves was the main thing.
Speaker 11: Like what what is that?
Speaker 1: Starbucks? Starbucks?
Speaker 4: The first.
Speaker 2: Is like what?
Speaker 4: Like that was like something that we were not thinking into the So I love Magic for that honestly. The basketball piece like then you get competitive, Like I'm comparing how I would have played against Will. So for me sometimes it's like I'm like.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're talking about anybody.
Speaker 11: We would have probably.
Speaker 4: Dominated just like anybody. So we got I got that kind of feelings about about Magic and also but my his business.
Speaker 11: You got the Dodgers, he got the buying teams do it.
Speaker 4: But you didn't even think that was possible.
Speaker 1: This is a good one and this is production obviously, Molly ma or Havoc.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy, Molly Ma, have it. That is incredible.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you got shot. You don't want to answer? Ye uh yeah. I think want to do this for him for a while, because Havoc will say that if it wasn't for Marty Ma, he wouldn't be I think that's what happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's a good argument. And also I just want to say, I'm drinking tequilo.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's an upper yes, yes.
Speaker 4: And I'm also drinking copper natural. This is alcohol, this is worth and I'm smoking marijuana is from there, and this has no and there's no attitudes. Mister Lee, thank you. Yeah, yes, but yeah, so I'm gonna go with have it. Yeah, I'm gonna go have it. I'm gonna go yeah, because I think that's his body of work is incredible. I mean, just growing up in that I didn't start listening to rapp until ninety three. I'm an R and B guy. My favorite artist s WV. I I met him for the first time.
Speaker 2: W Yeah, I thought you was gonna say, Bobby Oh no, Bobby Brown, No, no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm SVV for the first time in my life. A year ago, I couldn't even.
Speaker 1: Move drink chance.
Speaker 11: They never been.
Speaker 1: No, let me get let me get the I ain't even talking that.
Speaker 4: I love s w V. And I saw him per phone. I saw him perform rain. You know what I mean. Marry performed last week.
Speaker 5: I want to be skipping in the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Phil Jackson or pat Riley kill Jackson? Okay, obviously you and pat Riley squashed it. You have people, pat I see you scream. Let me tell you what happened. Person everything only person. I see floboard.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you what happened. Who's the editor?
Speaker 1: Your hand? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh you see?
Speaker 4: Now check out you see how you raise his hand right. The cameras on him. So the cameras on him. Yeah, because he didn't want to say he was an editor, and so thank you for that.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 4: So now who edited to that?
Speaker 11: Who is the editor?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, because man, come on.
Speaker 11: Man, you can tell the story, right.
Speaker 4: So okay, So what happened was I'm playing against the heat?
Speaker 1: I know it was Miami.
Speaker 4: I'm in Miami.
Speaker 1: I got a different.
Speaker 4: Relationship with Miami because I was putting work in that building.
Speaker 1: So but then why would I be for against Patroll?
Speaker 4: I have no reason. I never be for the heir coach, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But the way they edited.
Speaker 4: What happened was we was going at it. I'm cooking, Miami. There's nobody that could guard me. All your favorites right in that time, that time, that's a different time. So they're too small. So guys don't got me right soon. So we're just playing and we enter it. There was no fight, there was no texts, there was no flickran files right, but you got that's my that's my guy, like you know, mister gret Lamar owed him. Wait for they all hair so so those are my friends of Koran Butler. These guys my friends. But we don't have so that's that's that's the energy in the building. That's all. So then beginning or something I hate Coach Mack could do, not to do, could do what's his name? Sorry, coach mcado, Sorry, but that's so so maculdo.
Speaker 1: I'm talking. I ain't talking to him. I'm talking to a man. I didn't even think about you.
Speaker 4: He's like, what are you talking about? So for me, I said, okay, I'll stoop down to people's lovels.
Speaker 1: That's not down.
Speaker 4: But I should not be arguing to coach, so I'm like, look at you too, us up, but he started If you look at it frame by friend, you see he started the initiation right, but I was talking about you guys can't guard me.
Speaker 1: So I did point in a direction.
Speaker 4: So then anyway, and then as I was moving away talking to him, I had pat Radley that we had no confrontation.
Speaker 1: It was just I wasn't even pushing him.
Speaker 4: But I'm a big guy, like and I'm big at that time, so I'm just moving like y'all could get it.
Speaker 11: But I'm just.
Speaker 4: Right, and then pat Rally is like, calmed down, so what so so let's talk about Parally in that moment, he was just telling me to calm down. Like I've seen pat Rally. I've never had issue Parally in that moment. You see how he grabbed me. It wasn't malicious, but I just kept talking to Bob like and I kind of like yet, so that's how it looked. So me and Parral, I respect what what they're doing.
Speaker 1: You said you were you were saying something. I was talking to somebody.
Speaker 4: I was talking to somebody and then coach Marcael who popped up and then I accident you know pat Rally, and that's it.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that was the moment, but.
Speaker 4: They made a story talking about it right now, looks like a him like this was between me and coach Mark, had nothing to do with coach pat Rally. And then he's a player, right, He's a player who he played for Coach Bob. He was a good player, right, shout to coaching coach Bob. This old, right, but a lot of respect as a player. I'm forty six years old. But he's also competitive. But that's how I feel right now. And in his time he was big. So what he's saying this time, I can have took you wrong. Were on some basketball shit. So we're like, yeah, I know you're.
Speaker 1: Old, but you can get it, you know what I mean? You know what, they made it a story. I was like, okay, all right, better way age you are basketball.
Speaker 4: I'm still is basketball. I'm still looking at these guys. I'm sizing them up. I can't guard him, I know I can't guard him, but I'm sizing everybody up.
Speaker 1: Okay, ninety six Bulls or seventeen Warriors.
Speaker 4: Damn ninety six Bulls seven. I'm gonna go with the Bulls. Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm definitely go with the bulls. You can't guard him.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 1: You can't guard Mike, all right, you can't guard Mike. Okay, Uh Kareem or Wilt Chamberlain.
Speaker 4: Wow, Kareem or Wilt Chamberlain. Okay, Well, I feel like, what's the greatest player ever? You know what I mean? Because of why he's done? And you look at Kareem. If you look at Kareem's body of work, you'll see, you know, you'll see that he he has an argument against Lebron. You'll see that because of the college record. Well, you look at Will look at his stats fifty and they say, oh, he couldn't have did he couldn't have done that. Today he played against Kareem abdu Jabal and he's also and Kareem played against Hakeem right right. The lineage is there? Yeah, to make so you when you look at that lineage one hundred points and.
Speaker 1: People don't really understand that.
Speaker 2: The argument about uh Kareem saying the college games, yeah, I want can you speak a little bit on it?
Speaker 4: I mean, so the argument on Kareean playing the college games is that he's won national titles at.
Speaker 1: U C l a, no, no, no, I'm sorry, I'm thinking some other ship.
Speaker 2: But Lebron's longevity in the NBA is because he skipped four years of college.
Speaker 4: Okay, so in terms of years, they both played the same amount of time. Kareean played more, right, Yeah, played more And that's why you got to make the argument of screen because he played more years. He also went to college and he was able to sustain that greatness freshman year, right right, you know? And then yeah, so that's why people don't know about Kareem, but he has an argument to be the greatest. At some point, they're gonna do the math got at some.
Speaker 1: Point they didn't go to college. And the first year he kind of sat on the bench.
Speaker 15: Oh yeah, that's straight in there, that's true. Right, But if you think's first four years and he played on the freshman team, he played in the freshman team. Yeah, he played in the freshman team. Wow, and that does not happen today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, So Cam or Mace, yeh, that's crazy. Cam shout out the camp cams. My guy, shout out the cam because you know, I text him and that's why guy. And then Mace. I played with Mace. I know Cam's guys shout out to Calvin and and Dipset all you guys, but.
Speaker 1: Mace, it's not it's not easy.
Speaker 4: But when you look at who makes performed like he performed Biggie and we are we going to just discredit them, you know, I'm gonna add that. And because Cam is.
Speaker 5: Also yeah, he's he was created, but Cam was signed a Biggie.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that, certainly, I didn't know. But they also Cam created Max, not created Max B. But he was in that Max B R right, they at some point in time they was working together. Max B is more Jim Jones Okay, sorry, leading Jim Jones.
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right, So.
Speaker 4: There's an argument to be made that Cam was in the group, you know what I mean, of course, And then this argument because when you look at Max B, I mean who.
Speaker 1: He came home and got on fire.
Speaker 4: I was actually signing Max B before he went in. I was trying to get him out of the Jones contract. Yeah, but then it was hard because of everything he's going through. But I was trying to I was trying to get that contract.
Speaker 1: He was trying to sign Max B just to buy him. Jim Jones, Oh, okay, because it sounds like you said you was signing to Max.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no business.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: It's on YouTube is a video shout out the map. It's good to see him. I don't I don't get people's business, but it's good to it's good to see him home.
Speaker 5: Okay, Shack or Wimby Man.
Speaker 4: I'm going with Shock. Thank you for asking that today. Yeah, you have bet for Shack to be for Shock.
Speaker 2: You snuffed my No, I didn't Snufflet's boxing.
Speaker 4: I saw it this morning. Man, was Brad Miller my gout in Chicago. It's only the Shock is a beast. But Brad Miller foul Shack Hall, he's in Chicago. So keep in mind this is year Lagas one. He was the worsteam and lead. We had thirteen wins. He beat the Lagas twice.
Speaker 1: But it was like one of those games. Man. He just got joked that night.
Speaker 4: So Brad foul shocked hard and then Shaq tries to punch brad head off. So what happens is Oakley goes in, So no pus you go. Oakley go right right, because if you don't go with Oakley, go but you're in the locker room it's gonna be a problem. He bought that life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he smacked in the back of the head one time. Yeah, so it's like openly double ship twice.
Speaker 2: Did you did you notice or did anybody noticed? In this last nixt run, all the old Knicks fans, the old Knick players, everybody was core sided every game.
Speaker 5: I was the only one that was Oakley. But but he came to the he got he came to the away again.
Speaker 1: He was never because you got you got last.
Speaker 4: My perspective, all right, because Opley was just as l as you.
Speaker 5: But he would do an off camera Openley.
Speaker 1: I mean he was.
Speaker 4: Definitely wasn't the same office player. Both we did the same thing. Because I was enforced I can also score.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah yeah, so I was you.
Speaker 1: A hand man?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I guess feeling too was traditional the Next, like I saw in nineteen ninety nine. I'm from New York. I was supposed to get drafted by the Knicks. Did happen whatever, long story, so, but I did play for the Next in twenty fifteen, So that was a dreaming minine to play for the Next.
Speaker 1: I got John's and the Knicks. Bro that's some real new York toos story.
Speaker 4: Man, it's not quite Jose Alvarade.
Speaker 1: He was over there in New Orleans something. You got to get his jersey. You would have been me if you would have won the chip on the Knicks, you would that story, Your story would have been up there with him.
Speaker 5: I love his story too, his story. I won his jersey, right, me too?
Speaker 4: Like I need a sign?
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too, for sure for me? Who listening, John?
Speaker 4: He got my jersey sign too. You don't want who took it back? To get a signed by jailing? So I asked us, I get my jersey, take you back? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Right, that's for sure? Ready clips of E p m D.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go e p m D because that's my era, you know what I mean? I also the clips is the era, but eb m D is my era. And also I used to see Eric come through the hood. He had a he had a baby, a lady on the third floor, and I loved him in my family and I didn't even know, but I used to see him.
Speaker 9: Sermon was out there, not sermon, well that's d p m D. But not sermon one only Eric, okay, Eric Servon, Sorry cerus man.
Speaker 4: Who I think scratch. I think I'm getting it all wrong. Clips, I'm getting it all wrong. My pardon me? Rock him? Who is this?
Speaker 1: Who's this?
Speaker 4: Get it wrong? That's why I was getting wrong. Yeah, because he's just like Eric. But I haven't thought about this in so long.
Speaker 1: So let's just take a shot for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but you will see why I confuse him, Eric said, getting jammed up right there.
Speaker 1: Okay, So okay, sorry, okay, So E p m D.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with E p m D because some other reasons I think in our era A yeah, E p m D. Okay, okay, you talk more about it on their show, but I don't want.
Speaker 1: To hold that's all good? Cat well, Patrick Ewing.
Speaker 4: Right now everything, Patrick Ewing, Thanks, they're not ready. I gotta do one more? Yeah, good, Sorry, Brunton has to win again, right because he's there now, he's he's even, he's even, he's definitely even.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then but cat, Cat, we need to win it twice.
Speaker 4: Cat, we need to win twice.
Speaker 1: I feel like cat he he he was like a perfect piece of the puzzle, you know what I mean. And they got rid of the white guy right. It was heard runs and because there was three of them that played in was about I can never say your name was?
Speaker 5: It was three of them?
Speaker 1: Are four of them?
Speaker 5: Three of them three?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Michael Bridges, Potensi O Brunson and Heart incredible and they were all on the next on.
Speaker 1: Nova since your let when they brought Michael overh okay, okay, okay, right, and it kind of kind of was like, I'm gonna go past okay, yeah, but you make a point? You how you? And is uh like that? That's my era too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that team just as much as this team.
Speaker 1: Remember when Jordan what was it Jordan who dunked one? That was a controversy okay and win. The baseline to that was a tough Knicks team too, like that bro Anthony Mason.
Speaker 4: They went seven against the Bulls, right, so they wasn't like what it should have been team They went seven against I think in the championship right then.
Speaker 1: The Rockers, the Rocks, Rocks White Kenny Smith won both of them.
Speaker 11: Right, just the Rockets one of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, So that's what I would Yeah.
Speaker 11: He dunk on Pat Gotdy dunk du Pat in Game five?
Speaker 5: Charles Hopley or Dennis Robman.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Dennis, not because Charles is not my guy, right, Charles, Charles make.
Speaker 1: Me ba ahead the video game. Yeah, I'm gonna go Dennis, okay, because I want to get back to the Charles story for one second. But before that, like you said earlier, you said, probably your game is similar. But between you and Dennis, rob mean you could use the score off. He was considered that enforced as well, and a rebounder.
Speaker 4: Correct, there wasn't hopefully, no, no, no, no, Dennis wasn't enforcing rebounding for sure because in the lockdown and also an individual lockdown player, right.
Speaker 1: Because his story kind of reminded me of you and Kobe's story, like how Jordan went against him and then kind of like that's why I always start and then kind of kind of like then didn't play robbing because like, yeah, he wanted because I think that's when Jordan's lost to the Pistols and he felt like his crew was was soft, so he recruited. Uh yeah, I actually I think Thomas about this too, so ironic.
Speaker 4: But Dennis also score, he could move her athletics, so Dennis can like like like locked up right magic at some point in time, not all the time.
Speaker 1: But he can get it.
Speaker 4: He can get into Lebron like Dennis defense.
Speaker 1: Was elite's that's the difference. Break rebounded.
Speaker 2: He could run up the Yeah, but his stat would be like three points thirty rebounds.
Speaker 1: Crazy book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was doing his job though he was supposed to do right.
Speaker 11: He may call him the worm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love doing ninety one. Yeah, I got suspended high in expected gets suspended in this jersey. I wanted to with the championship in this jersey, but I want ninety.
Speaker 1: One for Dennis. He just did That's dope. He was all he was an ill rebound that he was an l dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've seen Dennis performing. He I've seen him in Houston. He was performing. You know, you'll be all athletes do music, Dennis lack of music. You should have him opened up somewhere the show. It was dope.
Speaker 1: He was. Yeah, I love Donnish.
Speaker 5: We took my I think you made perform.
Speaker 1: He had up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just people.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, it's a certain crowd. You get two for one, you know, it's a certain crowd brings out that brings out that.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So with the Carell Yeah, North Korea, Yeah, Yeah, but he didn't.
Speaker 5: I said that, didn't you go to Greece.
Speaker 4: I went to Greece to do an album, to.
Speaker 1: Do an album, I thought it was to play for the Greece team.
Speaker 4: Now I went there. I went to play in Italy. Okay, okay, okay, after my last two years in my career.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 4: I just I just took a trip because it was like I'm in my line every day, I impositive out. I went out there for three months, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Played. I love Italy.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Greece actually is a is a group called Active Member. They dope and I listened to the music. It's the only album I listened to, you know what I mean. And it's like Marv Deef is like Marv Deep. They call it Active Member, they don't and I don't know what they're saying to this day, honestly, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, So ha kum or David Robinson.
Speaker 4: M m I'm gonna go Hakim because yeah, I came, was just like guy. People say he would have beat Mike if Michael's dead, by the way, so that's the debate. I don't think so. I think Mike would have won two more titles.
Speaker 1: But or if Mike was there, right, he was there?
Speaker 4: Like what what would have happened if Michael's dead?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, bigs one of the main That should be a big that should be a drink chair sports discussion. So we're gonna finish this time. You're gonna go back into the interview.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, for sure, I'm good.
Speaker 1: This is the last one. It's called loyalty or respect? Which one you take it? You could take you can take both and take a shot. Take a shot, take a shot, cheers. Dam So that makes you saying both?
Speaker 4: Would I got to pick one?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can.
Speaker 4: I think I had to pick one. I would say respect because you never do something in that respect. Okay you know what I mean, because like people got their lives, Like I can't hold somebody. I don't know what's not thinking. I don't control you. So if I have to pick on Pip respect, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: The baby sit you? Yeah, that's kidding me.
Speaker 4: I love telling that story saying it's like I'm like in New York, we're a little different. We have a lot of these different little competitions like who hood is better? In your hood? You have other little competitions, like that's what's important to us. Like, I don't care how much I'm not. I'm not making a point with you based on how much money I made. I'm having a point where you based off this street. And I think that my you know, my daughter having a baby with the content.
Speaker 1: Sorry he's.
Speaker 4: That's my son in law.
Speaker 1: I love him.
Speaker 4: So I got three kids, three of my grandchildren from Compton.
Speaker 1: All right, so now we on Compton's westructions. So we have a discussion.
Speaker 5: Got a block on court bombed in ahead? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah they do. Oh yeah, he's getting excited.
Speaker 4: I remember, like you know, they don't say certain stuff, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, but but but but did you know that was say what she was baby said, go back to yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah did you did you know that legend?
Speaker 4: Six months? So my mom because Roxxayanne grew up in homes bing okay, and my mom will pay you rock saying fifty cents. I think fifty it's back to then, I think fifty cent. My mom told me to baby sit me how six months?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: So that I'm like so proud of that.
Speaker 5: That's a that's a responsibity.
Speaker 11: It was that she continued, Yeah, she is right, fifty cents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she wasn't fifty dollars, I bet tell you.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I mean, wait, so.
Speaker 1: Fixated. We don't know what they're right, Yeah, but I think fifty cents.
Speaker 4: It's like a dollar, right when you're when you're at thirteen years old, right, But anyway, I'm so happy about whenever the was and uh and then also to say that she was one of the greatest, but that's a whole nother discussion.
Speaker 1: Was one of the greatest.
Speaker 5: She's the thing. Component to the store.
Speaker 4: With the same.
Speaker 1: I'm your money, came.
Speaker 4: The phone crazy and they go on my doctor, I got doctor the choet Stone. Now keep in mind, I negotiate my own stuff, right.
Speaker 5: So they used you guys, yes, yeah, guess me, yes, okay.
Speaker 4: And actually I didn't even know you guys on the film util I saw you. I called me and say, hold on, how do you negotiate this? Okay, okay, but they got me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: That's another thing. So anyway, Compone says, you know, run she never been wrapping you said, you know. Components say, like, you know, I didn't know if he was gonna make it to forty five. So now, okay, so let's pause that, like, you know, friends, I didn't make it. So he yes, I love, I love you got friends? I shoe hold drink from okay cool, I ain't no, it ain't alcohol, but it ain't no slouch. Come on, take this out that has done a slough, all right. So then he says that, So I say, hold on, you inspired me to wrap? How are you gonna tell me when you're the guy that inspired me to wrap? I actually hit up Norya because it took me three months to respond to Nord because somebody said something. And then so I was like, oh my goodness, and get it. Can can I get into it?
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 5: You don't remember, I'm gonna follow your.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I knew he was gonna talk about it, cause it's funny.
Speaker 5: There anyway, party you're talking, I did it, you did you did the dog, And.
Speaker 4: I'm like, well, I didn't like the terms and conditions of your terms. I didn't get a chance to negotiate you but ideal. But anyway, I see back to the poem, yeah, and then back so a.
Speaker 5: Poem like he said, I forgot what poem said?
Speaker 4: He said that I shouldn't be rapping. And you know, I ain't know what wrong I was gonna make.
Speaker 1: It past forty five. I'm like, pum, hold on the chill.
Speaker 4: I didn't say none of this stuff. I'm gonna maybe it past forty five. And also what was I doing? And then like, you know, you should have called me. They told me, you know. And then also but I'm thinking about it and seeing that, right, I think about like laky, you know what I mean, Like like and people said my brother Wally Clark, right, so it's like, why would I reach out to Lakey Because I want to see how people do better, Right, That's why I would.
Speaker 1: Reach out to I ain't think about little beef you had? Oh yeah, yeah, anything get into it much bold, that's nothing even third.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I forgot that was Yeah, so you look like a lot from.
Speaker 1: I never shot you take this shot.
Speaker 4: But it's like things because I'm always bringing back things to a business perspective, but people don't know what we do, right, So when people say certain things like don't see that, you know, because we're trying to get it, you know what I mean. But like, but yeah, so I forgot where I was at.
Speaker 1: We were talking about box saying being your babysitting that.
Speaker 4: Is it's legendary, is legendary, like yeah, a lot of legendary stuff. Man being from Queenslands was crazy. And we was talking about our guys. It was like, so if people are saying that athletes are not making the right moves financially, right, but you got to but people don't see the flip side. I was talking them, So you have some guys name about to have so I can't wait. I think three must just find Yeah, because I wanted to make sure I say the right way, I said, I got to call.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy and this is this is the regular and everybody is here so wrong hit me and was like yo, I didn't like what these guys said. So I was like, all right, cool, So I went to look for the footage. So I had to actually like pull it up and I still don't see what you saw. So leision yes, because I think you said it was a face expression.
Speaker 11: Yes, okay, so check it out.
Speaker 4: So anyway, when I look at or remember what I said earlier that when we was at Hawaii, but I said, that's the guy you need for media.
Speaker 1: So media.
Speaker 4: You're in media business, right, right, right. So now we as people from the culture, we're just trying to make it right, you know.
Speaker 1: Because I think I think what they said was fifties vitamin water deal. Yes, yes, came from people in Queens, yes, people.
Speaker 4: Uh, and I wanted to talk about it. I wanted to have a chance, and.
Speaker 1: They said, but it was originally your deal.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So basically this is two thousand and seven.
Speaker 11: Okay, right, So what they didn't understand I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard this actual, Yeah, two thousand and seven it was, and they talked about it. Maybe we have to knowrry. I probably could have begged them to get on the show. But there's the reason we hear exactly. But yeah, so they said, you know, Bron missed out on the deal vitamin water two thousand whatever, and you know, you know what's crazy. And I'm just trying to act what they said. It's not like mocking them, my guys, but it's like, you know, they said and assumed that it was a dumb move. Now, yeah, it was a dumb.
Speaker 1: Move because they said that you or you quote me if I'm wrong, yeh, that you asked, you asked to get paid up front, when they yes.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, they won the two hundred and thirty five thousand from you. Yeah, just to get right to the bullet points. What's why are we here today? Coke and Vitamin Water invests two point two point three point four whatever point ten? First point was investing for equity. I didn't know what he was two thousand and seven when ops you know, Ops, Yeah, well he hit me up. My guy, say your vitamin Water want to offer you a deal because in the community, I was marketing vitamin water because I ran the basketball for a certain amount of time. They was given my players free vitamin water.
Speaker 11: I'm like, Yo, these.
Speaker 4: Dudes is dope. I don't know who they are putting.
Speaker 1: Yo, I'm gonna put you your name on our jersey.
Speaker 4: I got y'all so in my documentary that you were on Yes, vitamin Water. They offered me that deal because I did them a favor and activated them in the community. I didn't think about that as till I just think about you giving my kids water, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So I don't know I still know equity as so anyway, at that time, I turned that deal down because I'm like, pay me think about it. I'm trying to play basketball. But also I got a man team, and I'm trying to bring my people up, and we're just trying to do this. So you wrapping up the time as weping. I'm alsto rapping, and then too many of us was rapping. I said, another story. And I tell my guys all the time, I don't wret nothing. But we had good time. But but in that deal situation, I ain't know what equity was. We're on the block on twelve Street, were smoking the blunt. I'm going there with a tank top and then blunts with my hand not even cut.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: To the media and people would shame that, But what I would say is that was my moment in time. I'm looking up to somebody different.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: When I came into the league, we were just saying, okay, in our neighborhood, you have a certain amount of capital. What are you going to do with that capital is on your mind?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: How are you going to ten next step? That's what we're call an investment today. How we were ten x stack grand car doing my man right and whatever? You know what I mean, We're all in business. So for me, I got friends that now I'm in a professional environment with different type of communication. So I say the thing it it could hurt you. I can't be around you, and I also don't want to be around like certain communications. I'm in the league.
Speaker 5: So okay, you keep it.
Speaker 1: No, no, because so what turned you off is because they asked ask you for money.
Speaker 14: I'm talking about the vitamin will thank you for bad But this is all this all going into the deal.
Speaker 11: Okay, but yeah, you can cover.
Speaker 4: You off any time because.
Speaker 1: You know, because I'm just trying to understand this.
Speaker 11: Yeah, no, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: So and usually all the other deals that you were doing, they were giving you like an advance, like that's what we were saying.
Speaker 4: You get like five thousand dollars. So you're making a million dollars right, right, And let's say you're making a million dollars your first year nineteen years old, like wow, I just got money from Mike Delaurier and tell you fifteen dollars. I needed this, right, you know what I mean. So it's like you're thinking everything right. So then but if somebody give you five thousand cash, you excited about that. You should not be excited about five, but a lot of people are excited about five thousand. I'm not disrespecting five thousand, but I'm saying the five thousand should be aligned with your brain, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't want to get into that too much, but so at this point I'm getting foped out. Maybe ninety thousand, me and Priory, you did the show. We got ninety thousand Vegas two thousand. That's good money, I think in two thousand, cool I just gained them ninety thousand. That's myfy miss records.
Speaker 1: That's good money.
Speaker 4: Such check it. Ye know, we had in Vegas and fast the long story short, and six people showed up to the show. Honestly, that show ended with two people. Now keep in mind as a story I would tell because it's really funny.
Speaker 1: We know who mob is.
Speaker 4: Of course, the marketing was wrong, it was crazy. But anyway, I did things like that. You know what, At what.
Speaker 5: Point were we No, I'm trying to ask you, So the vitamin did?
Speaker 1: This is all that time?
Speaker 4: Thank you for bringing me back to that. This all that time. So there's nothing I didn't like about the deal. I didn't know what equity was. I just came off the block. So what I wanted to tell the gentleman was like, let's tell the whole story, because the way you because if you made, I can't assume like someone's dumb, like somebody's going through something like band two. For example, I went to school band two. I had ninety average. Band two passed every test for one hundred. I went to school band two. I got things about.
Speaker 1: That's my guy.
Speaker 4: So what I saw was a scholar. But sometimes you could be a scholar in the hood and not no navigation of life. Yeah, and I was an architect based I went to Saint John's. Okay, my Nagel architecture, you know, the damn in Princeton. Send me a letter. That don't matter because I don't have what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I did not have.
Speaker 4: And that's okay because you could get it along.
Speaker 1: The way or hire somebody to get it. Well hiring, I said.
Speaker 4: As a corporation, you're gonna hire without a financial model. And that's the decisions the athletes are making, right, is you gonna hire, You're gonna have a financial model. So when you make it into league, you need a model. Do you have how many? How many did you have a financial moddle? So then but that's so important if you're going to shame someone for what they lost.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 10: It happens to be talking about how he had an opportunity to slide signed rin. Yeah it happened, that's what.
Speaker 4: But that's what.
Speaker 5: But I went back, I.
Speaker 1: Went back as me, and you spoke about it, like you said, it was like a probably a three months man. And that's so I had. And then I talked to you again and when you said that, the part that that I think you said to me was like, man, it's his face how he said it? Yes, yes, yes, And I had went back and I went back and I looked and I really didn't.
Speaker 5: See what you're seeing.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me tell you what I see. Okay, okay, because I love these guys and we spoke and shout out to but I really wanted to speak to him. But I didn't know how that's not Cordora telling about how I feel. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it seemed like they said. What I'm trying to do is encourage people like us, like don't go to jail, like school, It's okay to build your family. No matter what you talk about, it's going to take time anyway, whether you're doing time or it's going to take you a certain amount of time.
Speaker 11: To be successful, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And it's like that's so from that perspective, I use that, okay, to build them, to make my point.
Speaker 11: Okay, we want to be like you.
Speaker 4: So we want to be like you know, screwball. That's my goal in life. They got a hit record, they're making money. I can stay out of trouble. So who has I'm on the block. I don't know what equity is, you know what I mean. So from that perspective, I wanted to just tell them like that, but we had a conversation. This is awesome.
Speaker 1: This is type of content I want to do.
Speaker 4: Anyway. By the way, you know, I turned down a lot of opportunities.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's be clear. This is the thing. Equity doesn't mean shit. If the company company that's a new story with someone relevant or on fire, people will come with you with equity deals.
Speaker 3: Right, and in retrospective, a company blows, one of the ten companies might blow that we wouldn't nobody.
Speaker 1: Would know this. I remember when someone came to us and they that comes to us all the time. Yeah, the day the obviously we know what equity is now, right, But they were saying, they say shares in the company, right, And sometimes that shit on paper looks very very very sexy because like you own, it could be sixty if if they do well, If that company doesn't, what happens we put in the sweat equity, the company doesn't do well.
Speaker 11: And we don't make anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the problem. Your time, time is your time and money in retrospect, they're right now in retrospect.
Speaker 4: You wouldn't have known that. And this is and knowlt known how to launch media, would have negotiated his licenses differently. But and this is what I want to say, like I want people don't give up.
Speaker 1: That's the main thing I learned from all things that you're dealing with.
Speaker 4: Learn from all things, and you don't have to continue to go down the bad route. If it's going to take you a certain amount of time, it's okay, Like don't stop. You know what I mean? Because now here I am but forty companies in a portfolio. Yeah at that time, no, right, at that time, I didn't know. And it wasn't because I was doing it, because I was in hood. And there's a lot of people that's in the hood that's making mistakes. But I'm trying to say is listen, you don't take debate. Try to take care of your family.
Speaker 1: You got a baby.
Speaker 4: It's okay. You don't have to be the cool and you don't have to be the cool jew all the time. So anyway, but now not to not to go at those guys because I like them. That's why I had a glory and I think it's a great conversation because now social impact is conversation. So I could have went on the show. I got a couple of million to do something like everybody else is doing it. I was that guy at one point in time.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be inspiring, and I believe entertainment is inspiring. I'm here this is for any reasons.
Speaker 1: And also Erry Alesia.
Speaker 4: They're talking about this, but I was doing this a long time ago. I was talking about social impact a long time ago. So now I feel like it's my time to talk about social impact and I think it's entertaining. Yeah here he is. Yeah, yeah, it's okay. Shout out to Leasha Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah sure man, Yeah, hold on, let.
Speaker 2: Me ask you quick my note as one of the Defensive Players of the Year.
Speaker 1: Honored as a defensive player.
Speaker 2: Who do you think in your levels of high school, college and and NBA it was the hardest to guard.
Speaker 4: College and NBA or high school? I mean, yeah, so there's people from a guy named Sharon Brown. He's from far Rockaway. I also grew up on Farkaway, you know, in the summers. So I was seventy one fifteen and Sharon Brown, what's nice show? I thought he was really good, always hard to guard. Did score forty on me in the NBA. I think Team I did score forty. That's I hate that. I hate to say that, but only like two people and three people meet Lebron. He definitely had to have forty on me. So I would say, like, but when it goes back to like DP uptown, everybody know DP. You know he's a little bit tougher than Junie Sanders. These guys could have played in the NBA. But like realistically, because because you could ask one of your friends about like who is DP or you know, or who is Sharon Brown, I would say, and now we're gonna get to write to it. Like Richard Hamilton was tough. I think Richard Hamilton for me was probably tough as like Lebron because he read it's ripped. It's a different feel. He making you run, so you gotta think about it. You can't get him like gard Meta, gotta gard him right. But I'm also to sixty he's too. Oh he ain't too. I got that's two fifty chases in that. So he would he would test you a lot, and until you put it in perspective, I played against Jordan Pla, against Kobe, play against Lebron, play against rip and when I when I put it in perspective to me personally, I got ripped obviously Lebron, Sharon Brown, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, channel and all all of those stages to get to a defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 11: That's a that's that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 4: I learned that. Yeah, so I learned all the tricks I was seeing New York. I was just I saw him a ready and then I also an extream ship. So when in the league, if you try to go behind the back to the legs, I've seen that so many times.
Speaker 1: I know where you're going.
Speaker 4: So I was able to like time people up and and go get it. You cannot go behind your back right now. I know you can't.
Speaker 1: This is a question from big big Rode. Right, I had a yeah, rah raheem. Johnson too, Johns you know right, that's a whole he said. He's incredible, he said, he said, And this is good for my Miami people. He said, is the truth that you before signing the Saint John's that you was going to sign to the University of Miami Hurricane.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've never heard.
Speaker 1: That from you. Yeah, damn, I can't see, because yes, it is so perfect going to Saint John's, But damn different, it would have been a whole different career you would have been in Miami Hurricane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely for sure. Like so my major was architecture.
Speaker 5: Okay, so when I was.
Speaker 4: A bad student, I was. I wasn't a great student in the beginning. Vantu was a great student. He never got less than one hundred, you know, I was. I wasn't a great student.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 4: I came into high school failing, but then I said thirteen games because because I was failing and getting into trouble. But then my average went up every year. I ended my senior year with a ninety five average. No, No, this is after see what it was?
Speaker 1: High school?
Speaker 2: I played the Little League school type ship and I played about that bringing your Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're talking about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's you again?
Speaker 11: Sorry, Sonny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, were talk about that year I played with Shamguard. So after I played high school with sham God.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, that was my next question.
Speaker 4: So then, so my major was architecture, and then Miami had an architecture major program. And then so when I came to Miami, they was telling me how they was help me become architect So I was going to Miami to you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, talking about sham God, being that you played with him for a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years.
Speaker 11: With that experience, who do you think is the closest to his handle?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think Kyrie Irbin has a better handle than Shamguard. But I think people will say Shamguard had the best handle ever. I would I would agree, But then.
Speaker 1: A lot of people say that Kyrie evolved it.
Speaker 4: You can't pitch are Shamguard in as era because you're not here.
Speaker 1: Kyrie.
Speaker 4: You know, like rayfaul Austin, how did he take that to the league?
Speaker 1: Like skipped his son is playing too?
Speaker 4: His son playing too, and I think, so you can you can like say, Kyrie, yeah, you know, ray Folk was excellent in the league as a as a as a street ball player.
Speaker 1: Did you ever do anything with an one?
Speaker 4: I never done. I played in one tournaments. I was the one era. I got Player of the Year in New York City two thousand and eight Nike prom you know. So then I'm like, I'm playing. I know that there's a player of the Year and something. Because when I got to the league, I was I was playing in the streetball I was playing four game today while I was in the league. Didn't tell you, you know, in the summer time in my crime, in different tournaments I played. I got championships every tournament. You know what I mean? You know what I mean. So, so from that perspective, it was.
Speaker 11: Like, so once again, who's in this circle saying don't do that, because what do you get hurt?
Speaker 4: But I didn't need I wasn't hurt. I was still I was still dishing up, I was still dishing out paying.
Speaker 1: I ain't hurt nobody. They they the ones I'm in the streets, I'm in New York point Bastist basketball.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying like, so in two thousand and eight, they gave the MVP to Junie Sanders. It was a night. So I got a Nike m v P and Nike Pro City two thousand and eight big, it's a big one, and I got to work at MVP a lot of those. But also but that year, Junior got Player of the Year player the summer. How he playing the summer.
Speaker 1: He didn't win Nake Pro City to Juniy but how he played.
Speaker 4: But Nike didn't want to give me. They didn't want to give me a can. I'm not signing Nike. I don't got no difusion. I'll wear Nike. I'm the player of the year in the city. You're the guys that make it relevant, you know what I mean? So that year I should have been playing yet. But I say that because I mean, I mean, I really respect the players. I really respect the New York City game man. Yeah, absolutely, Like Raheen Johnson was Raheim Johnson. His man was the best player above Mike Chatfield.
Speaker 1: Raheem was the guy.
Speaker 4: That we was a level down under, right, you know what I mean? Was that guy he had thirty five in the eighth grade, were watching him. He playing with the high school kids with Stephan Marlbury. Maro was on the floor. I wasn't on the floor in mart Berry at that age. And Rahee had thirty. Now rah heem was that deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll be telling study. He always challenged right here, I didn't know. Wow, see the pictures Hi.
Speaker 4: With Kobe Rock gave me thirty. I ds Parker Revers was him thirty? I mean you was young, and he was taller, and I played against him in encore and he gave me work. But as I got taller.
Speaker 1: But it was a certain point in time, it wasn't It was not even fair.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even fair.
Speaker 4: Man ra would have been that. Let me tell you that he stopped playing. Yeah, he looking rab like you would look at Kobe or Lebron or okay, go go step goal level. But under that, that's okay, right, that's okay.
Speaker 1: I see hear it all the time. I'm telling you that I played against him because at one point that's what I felt like. I think he's one year older than you all the same you lamar old him and I forget the other players like we used to go see because remember, like you just said, far rockaway remember this. There was a it wasn't rock Up, but it was in South Jamaica and it was this dude that used to play the name. Okay, yeah, so I just remember all that error. But let me change the change the subject. Is it true you worked in Circus City the NBA? Yes, just move, but.
Speaker 4: I'm not making.
Speaker 5: I wasn't they said, they said that you were born. They it wasn't a money.
Speaker 4: Because it wasn't a money thing. But you don't have you can't get things you want and that is the money thing. But you still want to get the DVD if you buy ten for DVDs like that's doing.
Speaker 1: It was great now?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I don't got the budge.
Speaker 1: I can't do you know, I gotta go to great Hair.
Speaker 5: You learned that ship Queens with top story? So which team means?
Speaker 1: Do you want to the bulls? With the bulls that paid for my car system to have price of everything?
Speaker 4: So that's where I went in.
Speaker 5: Wow, Yeah, I heard you say d v D car system.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, because when the story came out, we thought that the people were making it up, you know what I mean? And then you see it's repeat. Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Megan was Megan was the first, you know kind of happen when we come to the He came to my first game.
Speaker 1: Oh cool man, he's in the first game. Pick up.
Speaker 4: Now came in my last game.
Speaker 1: Game and I came to your last. N came to my very last game. I was saying, course side and.
Speaker 4: I appreciated it, but damn, I wish she was there on my prime. But yeah, but but now it came in my last game.
Speaker 5: Last game was with the Knicks, right with the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Oh the Lakers, shout out tons, Oh you went after you went to the Knicks after the Lakers.
Speaker 4: Now I went to the Knicks after after it down, went back to the Lakers retiring.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, that's dope. Yeah, that's dope. Now we got one thing we got to talk about is your foundation?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, let's let's end it with that because anyone's one question. Because it's also a room with that's been killing me for years. They said that Nike wouldn't give you Jordan's when you played against Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's talking about it. I love what does the thing with me and Nike? I'm a Nike guy, right, I might not be your narrative, uh huh or whatever, you know what, because there's rappers that got deals. You're telling me. I'm mean, you're telling me this rapper, this rapper. You're doing stuff with this rapper and not me. And I'm a ball player anyway. That's my own guy, Like you know, I'm that guy, and that's okay.
Speaker 1: So you wanted to wear Jordan's while you're playing against Jordan's, so like.
Speaker 4: Nike would get one player, Jordan's only one playing Korea, Jordan's deal.
Speaker 11: I love Jordan's.
Speaker 4: So Reggie Miller was that guy.
Speaker 1: So he could wear Jordan's against Jordan against Jordan.
Speaker 4: But we couldn't.
Speaker 2: Market Anna niked Nikes mark, so I love honestly.
Speaker 4: I went, I got home, I went, we got a neck hand, yeah right now, But I were a nice they can control that anyway. So what I did was I drove from Indiana after shoot a round. I drove four hours, three hours to Chicago, whatever the time was, went to the Nike store outside sixteens, drove back to Indiana, showed.
Speaker 1: Up late to the game in Indiana.
Speaker 4: But I was gonna play with some mics against Mike, I'm not I'm not not playing like if I'm playing against Penny Hardaway, I need those pennies.
Speaker 2: You heard.
Speaker 4: I mean like, I'm not I know, disrespect. Anyway, that was that problem. And then I used to order sound sixteen Jordan's. Then when they told the storm.
Speaker 1: Stopped giving me his shoes in Chicago, I would call like, hey, this is Kenny. Yeah. Differently at sixteen, I will.
Speaker 4: Order sixteen and they't stop laying my phone order sixteen.
Speaker 1: That's sixteen was probably like one one.
Speaker 4: I mean, Jordan got to think about it. Jordan was he got a Defensive Player of the Year about not want to wear Michael Jordan's you know what I mean. So these guys just like you know, hip hop, I'm the best defensive player in the league.
Speaker 1: Need I need to Jordan's against Jordans, Oh my god, that's just so much funny. I got mad notes.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, keep going.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 4: But it was great to play against Jordan's and Jordan's and man, we got talking about all the sportstuff on your podcast. Let's go out, Yeah we gotta do it, yeah, Dak sport, Yeah, sports and sports.
Speaker 2: You know what all those one question real quick being that you said that you worked as a regular job. What do you think about Vin Baker's latest statement. Have you heard anything about bigger with him saying that he's happy and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I saw that. Yeah, but I saw that. Now that's great, man. I think like Vin Baker's at Starbucks. I didn't know that, and oh, yeah, that's even better if you you gotta do it.
Speaker 1: It's always the cliche Kevin Jackson too, my bad right, right.
Speaker 2: Of losing money per se or not making my guy, being an entrepreneur and being successful is big.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, because as athlete, people think that you make it and then something happening right now financial.
Speaker 1: Talking sports is high. It's dope to see.
Speaker 4: It's so dope to see, man, because I think it's really entertaining and I think it's really like we tell our mistakes to get back to the youth, and that's a that's better than the story of saying something to encourage them to do something.
Speaker 11: Silly, you know what I mean, or to know better.
Speaker 4: So then but Vin Baker is like, yeah, he worked at Stobbucks, that's okay, and it came up and now he's a coach, and like, if you're an athlete. At some point, you're gonna have to retire. So now, yeah, you gotta you have to do something different, which is why I'm lucky enough. He said what I said, Like you said, no matter what it is, you have to do something different. I had to do something different at some point in time. I'm lucky enough to be around NAS, like to see NASCAR from rapping two you get of the men. Yeah, tech, Yep. I'm lucky enough to, you know, kind of follow that career. Lucky enough to follow this career. And we have those people that can inspire you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: So I like the Foundation.
Speaker 4: Foundation ar Test Education Foundation. I launched it in two thousand and I launched it in two thousand and seven because I got paid for to go to Lasal Academy by mister Ernest Lutch. And he paid he Chris Mullen Mark Jackson ran through that program. Everybody go through that program where I saw our church. So he paid for me to go to Lasal Academy. When I made it to the MB, I started to give ten scholarships a year. I actually gave and left a scholarship to Maceell Academy. If I would give ten scholarships a year to go to school. I also gave college scholarships ethology to West Virginia from Queens Bridgton. And then in two thousand and seven, I mean it was becoming it was just cash out of pocket. It was like, you know, because these people helped me, so I want to help. So then I started to turn it into a five to one C three in two thousand and seven because I didn't know what a five to one C three was coming out of I don't know what a five one C three is. But then when I said, yeah, you can actually give scholarships and write it off, so I started to do that and it's legal. So that was called Excel University. And then why would I name it Excel Because if I'm giving scholarships the kids to go to school, I'm based in college. So I just named it an Excel University. But we didn't have a thesis, a theme, a mission. I don't know what a mission, thesis them is at that time. But anyway, I changed it to Artest University for branding. So now it's Artest University. I'm sorry, it's Artest University right now, but the website is art Test Education Foundation dot org. And it's really for a group of eighteen and up where we're teaching curriculum and literacy and health, sports and finance.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: So initially we were trying to become a university. But you gotta crawl, walk in then run.
Speaker 11: Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So we're crawling right now our Test Education Foundation, and right now we have curriculums that you can explore if you want to be in finance, health or sports.
Speaker 11: So so students are graduating, we're just launching.
Speaker 4: So my son jeron our tests as a developer and he went to us use USC in a cinematic art school.
Speaker 1: Is great.
Speaker 4: He's actual developer. So we're building out the product right now. You know, we have a product is artest Education Foundation dot org. We also have Icarus dot org is one of our other education products Easycarelink dot com. That's our nursing staffing company. So what we're trying to do is give people like things, read it and know you want to give it back to you and how do you funnel people into guidance. So he said, you know what for us is Artists Education Foundation dot org and I can get more into it. Yeah, but I just I just.
Speaker 1: Got this information. Man as well. You were Raheem played against Kobe Bryant in propertence.
Speaker 4: Oh man, yeah crazy ye.
Speaker 1: So check it out.
Speaker 4: So yeah it's great. Yeah, you can move any which way, so check it So can I just walk quick?
Speaker 1: Please? I'm bad.
Speaker 4: I went come on, got any issues like, come on, don't not make me a head coach.
Speaker 1: But so, so this is back in the days, this is before Kobe hit the league. You and Raheem played against.
Speaker 5: Him, and yeah, one game in the tournament.
Speaker 4: So we was in Providence coach Kevin Jackson, Vin Jackson Smith was there?
Speaker 1: Was you playing for am High?
Speaker 4: I played for am High?
Speaker 1: Was this was this High?
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go, Let's go all right?
Speaker 4: So I worked out with Vince for the first time after Gacho Jim. I got kept from Amy High.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Eric Chafford who played in high school, we got championship together, Mike Chafford brother. So I lost the spot to Erica, but I went to every game.
Speaker 1: I was heated.
Speaker 4: I went to every game. I wanted to show him I'm dedicated. So I went to every game Am High and I didn't play. Raheem was on that team, right, right right, and then I made I made the team the next year because I was I should have been playing, but I showed him why then I made the team. He put me on the singing team. Here right here, he put me on the sing team. I'm I'm sixty five, but I saw coss I who have to date that? So I'm six three and a half. Okay, okay at that point. And then it's a great story. So Sham guards on the team. That's Shahan Holloween, Shan Hollowey head Coachy Hall. So we all have a team with Dwayne Edwich who and then and Sham and Ryhan. I'm coming off the bench. I'm at the end. You also have shar Anyways, other players something. Kobe is killing. I don't get into the fourth he has thirty two Jackson run. I'm run at the time. Kevin's a personality, Yes he is. Yes, you got to have him in the show.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, of course, off.
Speaker 4: Will so so ket Jackson get in the game and put me on Kobe. So then Kobe had eight points on me, said he did in with forty and we talked about this, so I can talk about this. But he had eight points on me, right a right maybe six. He said he was on that team from off right. He was starting Raheem was not going to Kobe. He was not the best offender, but he was okay, good readback. And I think Shan was gone Dwayne Dwayne Edwards was going Kobe.
Speaker 1: I think Shan was gone.
Speaker 4: I got shared he was going Kobe. But then they you know, but then they needed me on Kobe.
Speaker 1: But right, he was on that team.
Speaker 4: And fast forward and could you got to get flowers, Trahan Johnson.
Speaker 1: I always do it. I've been doing.
Speaker 4: I think you a flowers to Rhem form day one. I'm a day one righteem guy?
Speaker 1: Did he know that? But yeah, he was on that game.
Speaker 4: He played very well at least Rightian Johnson, he's talking about twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let me just like, because Kobe is a Philadelphia player at the time, he's Philly's Philly Yeah, okay, so is he the man in Philly.
Speaker 4: Because he went to Italy with his dad. I heard on the stories. He would have to tell me his age. I can tell you where I was at if you something how old he was. But he was away for a long time because his dad was overseas. Wow, his dad from Mury Bertram, Philadelphia. My my dad went to Mary Bertram.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: My dad went to Mary Bertram. My dad from Philly.
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't know Phill the Bridge.
Speaker 4: I'm from the Bridge. My dad from Philly.
Speaker 1: And then we covered this and I think said, did you send mad kids from Queensbridge to Catholic School?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we sent a lot of kids. We had We had a great program. Jose was running the actual Stummer League, so we had a triple threat. And even Lance Stevenson played in that league. People come to me and say they played in the league. I don't even know even like I think my god Green from the Spurs wown. Yeah, my god, Danny Green. Danny Green, he said he played triple crests.
Speaker 1: So we have dad Wow.
Speaker 4: And then we have and then so from that, that was a spin off for all the scholarships we was given. So we gave a lot of people scholarships.
Speaker 5: It was great.
Speaker 4: It was feeling.
Speaker 11: Yeah, man with the girls basketball.
Speaker 4: Now I'm doing girls basketball. I'm trying to get.
Speaker 5: Into the league before you go slim that.
Speaker 1: And I know you you don't.
Speaker 5: You definitely don't have to.
Speaker 10: And I know you coached girls basketball you would never do one season with the Big Three, if you know.
Speaker 1: I did the Big Three, but my money wasn't good.
Speaker 11: Okay, wow, But I.
Speaker 4: Wanted to invest. I didn't want the contract. Whatever you're gona pay me and put it in. I want to want to to next to five exits. And then they turned it down. So I was gonna But did they my guys, I can see why.
Speaker 12: So I did.
Speaker 4: I played. I played in the Big Three, but I ain't playing a while. I would like for them to take my investment at that same valuation. What am I drug deal athletes?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: And now if you're selling for that X now keep in mind, only really care about it, honestly. But it's a great thing to discuss because financial literacy is hot right now, you know what I mean, it's hot right now about a year one, a long time ago.
Speaker 11: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Even even all the smoke. Shout out to my god, got Jacky playing the game and together.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I did choet on the is in the first ever launch of show Sports. So I was supposed to do the podcast about turn it down because principle, you know what I mean, it's like everybody trying to make money. You want to ask me, are you in this for the money? I mean I think so, yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean you can have a value.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 4: But of course yeah, everybody's so. Now, yeah, a return on your ROI R return from your from your credit or debt financier you're getting it from. So everybody's trying to create r o I. So now I pass on opportunities and I'm happy to see my guys win. I talked to Stack for an hour on the phone about publication.
Speaker 1: This is the publication business.
Speaker 4: This is media, right, So my guy, I think I would have negotiate terms like this Here I say it, and I'm happy to winning. But as the principle, I don't care if you're gonna tell me, well, I'll give somebody else to deal if you don't want to get me the deal, because I'm reading all the red lines right. But I'm like, okay, give it to my guys. We all win. But if that's saying situation wasn't reverse when I heard it, I'm not. I can't work with you, not kind. I don't like you because you don't respect. You're looking at a narrative. We don't got to always entertain So anyway, from that perspective, like you know, it's things like that that we could talk about, and it's not to really attack the other side. It's more to give it a different respective people not hearing these stories, you know. So anyway, was.
Speaker 1: Matt Harper one of your toughest players besides Lebron? Matt Harping? I like Matt Harping, and thanks for bringing this up, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: This is awesome. So I threw it out there. It was like, who is who you miss playing the most? Who's your toughest opponent? I said, Matt Harping. But that didn't catch momentum media from media perspective, so I go back to like Lebron. But the reason I say Matt Harpring is because when me and Matt Harping used to play with football, it was we never we never fought, we never threw punctures, but it was great. It was physical and I missed Mad And when he retired, I was I was retiring. I'm like, damn, we're playing in Utah. I can't wait to play against Mad. It's do on the sideline, I said, man, what you're doing retired? That's my God, they're trying to break my shoulder one time, like he almost broke my shoulder, and I was like, that's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: That's a good because he was.
Speaker 4: Boxing me, I caught my shoulder paulted and poulted out of socket.
Speaker 1: But I was like, oh, I was like, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I was like, yo, that's my guy anyway, But yeah, I missed mad Wow.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the competition thing no more.
Speaker 2: When from that perspective, it's not only when and attack is compete at the highest level.
Speaker 4: He would do anything. He would do anything then. Yeah, but we really only had we had a relationship like that. I had a relationship like that other places.
Speaker 5: Yeah, besides the.
Speaker 1: Big Three? Do you do you actually miss the game? Period? Oh?
Speaker 4: Big three is great.
Speaker 1: I love the Big Three. I actually tried to raise with the NBA.
Speaker 5: Do you miss being an NBA?
Speaker 4: NBA sorry NBA? Yeah, Oh I love the NBA. When I first retired, it was hard, so I told my whole team, I don't want to be around the NBA. You know why, because I had a long career. My career was different from people. Also for other people, I don't care what they say so I did eighteen, So I took a long break, but I love that I missed the NBA. You see, when you first retire, you want to play. When you first retire, you see a player you want to play. But I think when you get older, you become a fan. Now I'm a big fan, like and it's great just to be a part of the NBA. We actually have a sports fund it's called a Sports Group, wow, and we're looking to invest in sports teams, uh, in sports real estate. And it's great to have a you know, to be able to still try to win and to be able to compete for a championship.
Speaker 1: That's why we.
Speaker 4: Started this, all right, we tried eighteen times, we got one, all right, cool, But now you can win more. You can still win more NBA championships. So anyway, we have a sports group. So anyway, I'm still involved with the NBA. I do a lot of community service. So I probably can't play like I would like to, but I can still I can contribute.
Speaker 5: Right, do you think you can actually still play.
Speaker 4: If I had I'm forty six, so if I had three years to train, yes, but I would need a contract because I'm not I can't train. I'm not training. Just the word guests. They would have to like pay me like now and then I can train for three years.
Speaker 1: I'm not ready. Now you'll be available eighty two games when you're fifty.
Speaker 4: Nobody's available any two games. I did play fifty, I could play maybe forty five games in the games.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't need to trade older than Lebrond in the NBA I would need. I wouldn't need two three years to get ready for you. Yeah you know, yeah, yeah, I wouln't need to three years didn't be competitive and be competing. I wouldn't need to three years NBA right now, I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three years, I can do it.
Speaker 1: I can't do it right now.
Speaker 2: No, No, let's just say G League the fundamentals coming in. How do you feel about you participating in er cheers participating in the league. Do you think G League is important the way it was back then?
Speaker 1: Where did you know?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I think is ready. I like it because it's a good model. Also, you can invest in these teams. A lot of people don't know, like if you would invest invest.
Speaker 2: In the league team jail then operated by the by the big Dogs, by the NBA.
Speaker 4: They are, but they're still taking investments to a vehicle and now they now they are growing, and I love the G League.
Speaker 2: I think I can't let you finish answer that. Sorry, Is that aside parallel staying with the w n b A. Do they have the same as far you can invest w No, But I'm talking about like the G League and investing in.
Speaker 1: The w n b A don't have a G league.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, w n b A don't have a G I coached women's sports for seven years, so I'm also I'm a proponent. I kind of see what's going on. But yeah, women's sports is about to blow up. Yes, you know, I like women fastball. You missed the first you missed the first round, so that round is done. But women's fast call man just throwing the ball overhead. We always wanted to see that.
Speaker 11: They also got a volleyball professional too.
Speaker 4: Volleyball and they're making money too.
Speaker 5: But also like going back to the.
Speaker 1: The Big three.
Speaker 10: Yes, the same day Drink Champs was on Bloomberg, Yeah, ice Cube was on.
Speaker 5: They got an I p O.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm saying so it came back around. No, that's how I tell my guys patient patient capital?
Speaker 5: How many ten said he wanted to be what he is paid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't want to come mind, that's the first conversation be able to do it. I got a little excited. Sorry, I Q he's speaking the right lad. It's important, my guy, you founded a group and your investors.
Speaker 1: I love you all.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of the investors. But this is an emotion at that point in time, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's like, accept the capital because we started that league Iverson.
Speaker 4: I thought Iverson owned some of it, but but we started that league. So when you don't accept people's money, it's like who am I? Who am I?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 11: Who am I?
Speaker 4: You don't accept my money? So anyway from that perspective, and that's an opportunity for somebody to grow wealth in the future, you know. So now you're not thinking about fast money. We think about long money, and you go against that.
Speaker 2: So this is just a lesson playing Devil's advocate as a businessman. What if IQ is like, what if it don't work? We don't want to waste him money.
Speaker 4: Seventy five thousand a lot of money. Sorry, it's a lot of money, but it's an investment. It's a venture capital, early stage, family and friends investment, like you know what I mean. So anyway, from that perspective, now, I hope, I hope the Big Three put me in that valuation. I deserve it because I played yes right, and then let's.
Speaker 1: Make it a public company, go billion, making a billion dollar company.
Speaker 4: It has the potential. But I think they got to work with I think the NBA would have to work. I think they should work together somehow.
Speaker 5: But I believe they think they will.
Speaker 1: I think they will.
Speaker 4: I mean like it, but I think I guarantee you it works. You know why, I'm ice Cube and then former players.
Speaker 10: Why wouldn't black people want to build something to the highest level billion dollar couple ice.
Speaker 4: You're trying to invest, You're trying to invest.
Speaker 5: It was ice Cube one, but the X players, Yeah.
Speaker 4: We're gonna support you, by God, like we're investing in this.
Speaker 1: There's a win win win win, and we started it.
Speaker 4: You got the Big Three because us because of an era.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, that's a dangerous statement, bro as guys, because the wait you said we started.
Speaker 1: You said the Big Three started because of us.
Speaker 4: No, let me started ice cubes starting because exactly no, No, I will start ice cube. Let me not minimize his. But what I'm also saying is just accept my seventy five grand, just seventy five grand because you go to your next stay and we want to teach people patient in our neighborhood. It's fast.
Speaker 1: So if it's truly you're.
Speaker 4: Thinking fast and you want to teach patient money, we're about that quick ten today, right, So that's the case. That's what we're saying. You know what I mean. And that's where I think talking about this topic is okay.
Speaker 1: And weren't talking about it.
Speaker 4: I'll call and then Ice Keep was upset. I just say, sorry, man, I'm on drink champs.
Speaker 1: But it makes But yeah, I would love that deal.
Speaker 5: This one comes from Capone.
Speaker 1: He said, when you went to the NBA and Capone let you hold his bins for a few months, did you crash it? That's crazy.
Speaker 11: It was only a few months.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I don't like opening the relationships. I like close in how long? What's the date you want to back? That's what I do now. But that's it was opening the I just got the phone's calls my cousin.
Speaker 10: The story used to come down slide. I had to and I used to tell poem. Whichever what you want, I would always give it to him too.
Speaker 4: That's incredible. I did a donut, but Nature, Nature was crying, you know. Um he went to somebody realized Nation, let's go do some donuts. I said, we're not gonna stop doing the door we came here to do, which is this is a Jersey Jersey.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, they'll be doing donuts and crazy.
Speaker 4: But I'm sorry, but but the h one hummer you go to, you go to an area where it's designated it you could get.
Speaker 1: You could do you could do that. Yes, I'm going back to a round here. Question you got something?
Speaker 2: Because so now I want to I want to keep going back to girls basketball because my plays basketball. But let's say the the Ron artist Animal that you was back then, you mentioned you got two.
Speaker 5: Girls that played like you.
Speaker 2: How do you how you developed them as young women in this business alone?
Speaker 11: The game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's all about no contingencies and no compromise, right when it comes with are you dealing with women where men you're coaching women? And then also I think empowerment. And then it's also like, okay, how many times we've been not how entourage is all guys, right, I mean, how many time you've seen rabbits the entourage old guys? So like, what if you added women to your entourage? I think it'd be better. But you're talking about on a business from a business perspective.
Speaker 11: I was going to say, you have to say, as a business business.
Speaker 4: Well, whoever is the principle of that movement? You know what I mean? And then it's what whoever gets invited is invited. But I'm saying, like, you should be inviting women. You see what I'm saying, you should be You should be inviting women.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about them in their skill set? Where at this point now that they're duncan this is great.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at Toby from Duke and people. You gotta watch the girl. She's dunking backwards. She's dunking backwards. It's going to take a little time, but it's going to get there. And there's a couple of girls dunking right now. And the women's game is good. You know, the only two pivots you have is in a women's game, you don't have two pivots in the men's game. You only got one pivot. So if you see guys doing what we normally don't see. You know, you have a reason to be upset. Hopefully like Brunston is not doing that. But I don't want to go too deep into that. But the women's game, it's allowed. That's the only thing you'll see different is sometimes it's two pivots.
Speaker 2: Okay, people don't understand that, but that would mean like travel coming under the basket.
Speaker 4: That's it. Yeah, I show you can't show you real quick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's not.
Speaker 4: You see a guy Heath fake, that's okay, dribble Heath fake and when you pick up you can't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's a major issue.
Speaker 4: You can do that in jail, you can't do that as you can, but in the women's game you could, And then you could take that step. And I've been going division to women's basketball.
Speaker 1: You can do it. You can take this step Division.
Speaker 4: One to allow it to a woman's not a men's game. It's not allowed, so hopefully, but it's entertaining. But on the flip side, now you open it up for co ed basketball. I mean, these executives are taking high level Honestly, I'm not in the room basketball.
Speaker 1: I'm saying basketball teams, club teams. There's co ed.
Speaker 4: Basketball right now. And what I'm saying is it'll be dope.
Speaker 2: To see not to be dope when I sent my pro But there's right she could play and go about do you think she think about?
Speaker 4: What do you think about her?
Speaker 1: What do you think about her? Hysical aspect that they did? Keep saying that they're doing it because she's white.
Speaker 4: I ain't think anything about all that because she's nice. Like, it's not that I like it. It's not that I'm cuning and I'm I'm.
Speaker 1: Excited for this white girl right more than this black girl.
Speaker 4: That's definitely not it. She's nice, she's not so. But I think what's happening is the media has gottentioned on her. But sometimes you got to show what Asia did and what Kaitlyn did, you should show it at the same time. Asia's next level, like Kayla is not ready. She's not at that level, but she's showing you a different perspective. She's showing you like, ooh, but.
Speaker 11: This girl's nice.
Speaker 2: The difference with Asia is that since she won the chip, she won the national like like Kaitlyn never did that, even though she had all the hype and broke all the records right right right, Asia walked in as a champ.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hear the story. I don't get too much involved in those type of stories. I definitely see him, acknowledge that I see him. I definitely see him. But I think, like you know, I think Kaylen Clark is the real deal. Like she when Kobe was like Jordan, that's what That's what brought us into Kobe because he felt like Jordan. Kaylyn felt like Steph right is like Stephan is leaving so ooh so now you right, everybody want to be like Mike. So now guys want to be like Kayla. She's that deal, you know.
Speaker 2: Before Kaitlyn, the comparison was U Sabrina. I on that school with Steph and they did the three on three competition?
Speaker 1: Did you ever do it? You never did it three on You never did a three point shoot out. I never.
Speaker 4: I wish I would if everybody wants to, if you can, if you want to do it, but I.
Speaker 1: Never made it.
Speaker 11: Never got invited to do the dunk competition.
Speaker 4: A lot of those other girls. I never got invited. Now you tried, like sometimes you'll be an athlete. Now imagine like we trained in the summer, we think about dunk contests because not only me, there's a lot of people. Hey, I would love to, but now I'm not getting picked. I didn't do nothing in the game. You'll try early in November, just try to get off. But December, you ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: You ain't doing nothing over the rim.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there's a lot of athletes that probably December starts to think about just let's get buckets.
Speaker 1: Yeah is it two you you run the record park and you bring the trophies to the hood.
Speaker 4: Oh, definitely, definitely.
Speaker 1: What was that like?
Speaker 4: That was incredible? Yeah. So I played with Mousie, I played Fat Joe, I play with Diddy as I got two championships for Diddy and I got one for Fat Joe, two for Fat Joe. I can't remember, but I played so so I'm coming from the hood. Now I'm seeing Diddy all time, you know what I mean, because he paid us to play it. You know what I mean? Going there he said, did he say, yo, y'all win? You know we can buy everybody rote Alexes? I said, yo, So check out. At that moment in time, I'm at Saint John's right, So I say, n c AA, you're not allowed to play in two tournaments. I can't play in Rutger in Nike Pro City. So Reggie from NAS Block, he's underlooked, honestly. But Reggie Jesse we got drafted, went Saint John's the same year. Reggie is from NAS Block. Reggie was All City from queens Bridge right now, he's from All City and he averaged forty. I never averaged forty. Reggie was. He went to Saint John's together. But then I was out shouted. Reggie's unstuffish player. He's always passing me the ball, you know what I mean. He's always passed me the ball. So I forgot how I got there.
Speaker 5: But I'm asking because you brought the trophies.
Speaker 4: All right. So then Reggie played in Nike Pro City, and I played in Rutger, and then lou Gans and ravens Wood Queensbridge. They brought home the Nike Pro City Championship. Troy Battle Battles, Yeah, my god, Troy Battle, God damn Troy Battle was on that team. Yes, because Troy is a great baller.
Speaker 1: So I'll played with you.
Speaker 4: So we got and then so I won. I'm a part of the Nike Pro City, but I couldn't play legally with Saint John's.
Speaker 1: But I was on that team.
Speaker 4: That's my team.
Speaker 1: But I went I went to playing the rutgerd with Fat Joe, I mean with Diddy. I think he ever did he? Yeah, it made you want to bring the trophies.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, And it was just a Rutger championship in Queensland. That's legendary, like you know what I mean, because you know what everybody can hear, you know that. So everybody, Oh they so follow a hundred thousand records.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 4: Okay, now it's gonna sell ten member that's really cool. Oh, Vernon Fleming's pro and so this is the way he was talking about queens It was just fun one moment and it'd be bad. But it's walking into Hollywood every day. It's a different field.
Speaker 1: So the trophy, the trophy.
Speaker 4: Then we bring the trophy back. Sorry, then bring the trophy back. And it was just people were excited and it was proud. Like Kenny Itto super Bade super came my first game too. Super was really good player, great player.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: Pick up super Ad well.
Speaker 4: I love Superad so so so because I.
Speaker 1: Remember me hearing that and like that ship boosted the morale of the neighborhood.
Speaker 5: Yes, like ship.
Speaker 1: For lack of a better than her for New Yorker, Rukle Park trophy is like a fucking it's like an NBA trophy. It's kind of like no, and I don't think no one like saw an actual rucker. Probably not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, was that?
Speaker 1: Was that the first time you're doing that? I brought a lot.
Speaker 4: I buried my Player of the Year in New York City with Shakisha and Mike was best friends. She was a dope baller and she had a heart attack on heart attack on recents the floor.
Speaker 11: But it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was a baller.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember her, but I remember the incident. Yeah, yeah, you heard about the incident. Incident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. So we were the best players in the same age and we was we was the best place in her She also dated Mike.
Speaker 1: She was She's a pretty good, pretty young lady.
Speaker 4: At that time, and I look up, so I gave her by nineteen ninety seven high school Player of the Year is her? You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: Noah, that's dopep.
Speaker 4: So I brought a couple other ones.
Speaker 1: Did you did you bring the championship trophy to the hood.
Speaker 4: I don't get that ring. Oh wow, And I gave all the money away to mental health institutions but didn't like the champion I think the Lakers might have brought it now, but you know how Lakers don't printed. But the Queen Fers gave me something. They just do something else. Some paper put it in this frame. I still haven't wow. But yeah, but yeah it was. But I did bring a championship. I ain't bring the actual trophy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but man, what a proud time.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, money.
Speaker 4: And sure for sure.
Speaker 1: And there's anything else you want to them? Yeah, I mean, I mean you know this is no regular like I head up everybody know, like I haven't been doing a lot of content.
Speaker 4: I'm starting to do this type of stuff. I love to talk about this. But when I saw that that that that post by early Alesia, I thought that was an opportunity for me to say why, because I think people need to hear you why, you know what I mean, and then and then you need to know your why. So then I thought it was an opportunity. So anyway, we here, Yeah, drink checks a little drink hell, yeah, and.
Speaker 5: You got everything. Question, I know what the companies man?
Speaker 4: Well, okay, let me let me let me perspective now that the company is great, and I don't want to talk about like people ask me how much you got?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like who cares about that?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Everybody, anybody out there? Somebody asked me how much?
Speaker 1: I won't Why do you need to know? Right?
Speaker 4: Like so and a lot of people, that's too much information, too much, you know what I mean? Because you're asking a guy now when the salaries are being exposed, not everybody know what you got, so like you already know what people got, you know what I mean? So anyway, I say that because it would be great if athletes can sign contracts nothing be exposed, because sometimes it carry brings a lot. But I wanted to say it was something I wanted to say. Oh yeah, I got a question for you. I had this quesure for you off camera, off camera. Is it true?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 4: Hostage hostage media?
Speaker 1: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know what, We'll just whatever you want to do with this content, honestly.
Speaker 11: Okay, so you know his friends, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know okay, So anyway, I was gonna asking this question, but so so we had metaphorically speaking twenty twelve, any of you called in two thousand and eight. So I was the first athlete doing podcast. Nobody, nobody was doing it, So I did I had something similar?
Speaker 1: Was it just a sports show?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, okay, and so the sports show, yeah, yeah, I bought all the cameras and then hostage and oh shit, Noordy kme bye and then but nothing was propping. I mean, nothing was happening in this space at that time. But for me at that time, you know, like when you're rapping with the cruise in your neighborhood, you all can't be doing the same thing. So at that point in time, we were doing the same thing and everything that we were doing. But I felt like, you know, I turned down a lot of opportunities to do podcasts. I didn't going to say that because I see it and I'm like, wow, you're in this podcast position as a boss and I'm watching this ship I never would have respected.
Speaker 1: But why why because you were doing something It wasn't a podcast, but you were doing like wasn't it Like it wasn't what label what I was doing when you when.
Speaker 4: Like this is like when you first retired, right, well, when I first retired, I always was doing something because but I was. I was doing the podcast, I was doing entertainment, but I wasn't really pursuing it. I was like, I mean, I wasn't really serious. But see I was having fun. I was having fun for sure. I was having fun, and I also didn't I was telling people, hey, you want make some bread? I think we could do this podcast, but it wasn't something hour interested in. It's like you gotta go pull your way. But it's all literacy, it's all a learning and everybody, I mean, look at that twenty two years old peoples in college. At twenty five years old people in college. How many people in our entourage is in college? So it doesn't even matter. Okay, we'll get to college from from Norrie if you really pay attention.
Speaker 1: You know on the podcast problem, Like, uh, Warren Sapple is my friend, right well, I love Warren and and I've never seen him so happy when he started your coach right again?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes we won't have the foot player.
Speaker 1: He loves marine yeah yeah yah yah huge with sharks and all that, but like you know what I'm saying, I don't need him. I've seen him and since like I've seen him work for Colorado, like him coaching like fulfills his thrill? Is that the same with you? Like like because let's let's admit, like even with me, like with hip hop, like when I got yeah.
Speaker 4: That's my guy, if he said, yo, matter you.
Speaker 1: Out like you No, no, no, We're never gonna say that listen. So like so, like I said, like even for me, like when I when I figured I wanted to start media podcast, is the perfect thrill for me. So and then when I look at like I said, I look at Warren, Warren, like when he took over Colorado. Like I don't say take over because you know somebody would coote me on it. But you know he became a coacher on Colorado. Well it was my man named Dion said it fulfilled something for him. Is that just like like we're coaching with the girls. I love coaching. It doesn't fulfill that that need to like still be in the game.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'll still play.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 4: Have I spoken to you about sports before business? I have been I said, I said, you can help me get a head coaching job.
Speaker 1: I said you that.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's not talk.
Speaker 1: About that, Okay, all right, yeah cool, cool.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is in sports, just to bring him back.
Speaker 1: Like what I'm asking is like, does the coaching like fulfill you?
Speaker 5: Because that's it's the same.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to That's why I said that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, okay, I love coaching.
Speaker 4: Wow, Vince Smith, I will hire Kevin Jackson, Kevin jack hold On Artie, Yes, I will hire Hardy cons Would you be happy if I hire Kevin Jackson?
Speaker 1: I was okay? Coaching, oh yeah, and business.
Speaker 4: All so good.
Speaker 1: They can't stop us.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you so now I got your I got so no, all right, so I'm gonna be a head coach. I'm gonna win a championship and I have so you know, you give me a head coach and jog right, We're gonna win championship.
Speaker 1: That's dope. Check it out.
Speaker 4: This is great and hopefully this is not too much content. But this is how I talked to NOORI can I talk about my cause they got a baby with you. That's again, yes, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Family Mark, I've seen birthday. But you kept saying.
Speaker 4: Marchal, Okay, so so this is great because like family.
Speaker 5: Man is the family man for sure a little we want to make this about you. We want to make this about you.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking about We got to make it about you. It's good to like it because I'm not doing a podcast. I'm just like, yeah, you know why because it's like, like, uh, like rappers, we have this right.
Speaker 5: So that's that's the reason why a lot of you see my.
Speaker 1: Older rappers, they all got podcasts now, right, and people are calling the post podcast syndrome, right, post rap syndrome.
Speaker 5: That's what I meant to say. So, but I'm proud of it.
Speaker 1: Early. It's an invasion. It's an invasion of it right now because it's so many. It's so many, and it's like, all right, cool, Like I understand this walk life because like we used to the thrills, were used to hearing people. Yeah, and then when you like saying you know what, sometimes you can stay on stage forever, right, but some of us we don't.
Speaker 5: Have the injuries.
Speaker 1: But you know, the record play the record playoffs, so you will you will really stay on stage. So this is the new thing for rapers. You think that uh for for for an ex athlete or an ex ball player, you think that that's the best thing to do is to stay in the game like somehow like how you're doing with the coaching is because it's the same like type of thrill or.
Speaker 4: I think all right, so I man in two parts. Definitely important to build your structure. Once you make some money, you gotta build your infrastructure, you know, so all your documents at LLC's got to be right because you don't want to be spending your principal wait for the interest that I first year you working with your interests. I just want to start there. But then when you get to the basketball piece, you don't have to. But if you love it, that's you. So I love coaching. So for me, I'm associated head coach right and I'm and I'm coaching and I'm also having leisure time like I am. You see I wor So I want to just repeat that I want my guy. But I love coaching, And I think, like why because you want to win the title. It's like why do you why do you rap? Because I want to go platinum, you know, I want to win a championship and I think we can.
Speaker 1: Do it when you when you guys play, you play in l A. Mainley or California, Right, you.
Speaker 4: Know Division one, Division two is a little bit different travel. Yes, obviously the budget that Division two is low, you know what I mean. So so we're trying to make division too hot. Division two basketball is already they already have infrastructure, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I love coaching Division too. Now the audience is not going to be as big, but for me, it gets me a throw organized, you know.
Speaker 11: What I mean, Like I'm the goliath when you take them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then now you're now we're playing against so we're not the greatest team, but I want to but I'll just talk openly. Were like we're beating Division ones, Okay, as you should. Yeah, we're beating Division ones and that's okay. Division ones. That that's okay. But the thing is, like it's a good platform because you can't go to Division two. You can't go to Division one. Throw division two, get your college degree and build your relationships.
Speaker 2: So what that means is for those that don't understand Division one, you getting the top tier talent.
Speaker 1: You get like the top five recruits, the top ten recruits of high school in the Nations.
Speaker 2: For Division two, you're offering scholarships, you're offering academics, and you're offering a ton of play. But some students are players that aren't top five top You could get an academic scholarship where the top. Division one is a free ride all the way.
Speaker 1: Now Division two, Division three is not a free ride.
Speaker 4: Division two is a free ride, right, so it's really money. Yeah, so I love it.
Speaker 1: Are they selling the girls jersey?
Speaker 4: You're not selling jersey, but the girls are getting degrees the civil engineering, mechanical engineering, or chemical justice. So they getting degrees. No, I don't think it's a different. So it's still division to N I L. We are n I L. It doesn't matter because division one, how much are you all giving because there's no N I L. Right, so there's an opportunity in division two. And now private equities are one. And you see private equities buying into division one. I don't know you see that, but private equities buying into division one the sports team right now.
Speaker 1: That's why the n ls are so google right, So you could buy.
Speaker 5: One of these teams in university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you could actually invest that's crazy. But sec compliancy I am not selling an investment to nobody. Please, I'm not selling yeah like that, Like, but yeah, you can actually invest in on college athletic department. Yes, but that's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so let me let me ask you that question. Because you he was also McDonald's all American. So that jersey is gonna be. That jersey is going to be, you know what I mean, Like, especially when you get the Hall of Fame. Because're gonna get to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: I just want to tell people I didn't want to. I just like to give credit to my people from the streets, right, you want to.
Speaker 1: Get that fame. But now we see that the college players are getting paid off their jersey.
Speaker 5: Now you go to the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Now you get the old American Uh, the McDonald's game, right, yep, the McDonald's game. Now all of these jerseys are gonna come pop back up. You get paid for in the air that ship.
Speaker 4: Honestly, no, Like if you don't have a contract, the obvious answers no, like wow, and music and sports is the same business, right, So from that perspective, ideally you would be negotiating I p from the front of the jump but yeah, you negotiating the IP, the.
Speaker 2: Manufacturer, the manufacturers and making the McDonald's jerseys, you'd have to have the son with them.
Speaker 4: You ain't negotiating IP from the jump, right, Like as a fifteen year old.
Speaker 1: You try to get. All you want is M D P. No you want for film.
Speaker 4: So from that perspective, I think like now as NIL is introduced, I think we'll see more of this start a little earlier. It's incredible to see. It's incredible to see. I love sports and entertainment. I feel like it's almost equal, you know. But you asked the question, but I'm no.
Speaker 1: But that's that's crazy because now these college students are are getting paid off their jersey.
Speaker 6: Correct, they don't to hold up a drink. I drink this ten million hear everything like they're making.
Speaker 1: But they still need structure right now.
Speaker 4: So this is the thing. If you see somebody else crazy, if you saw a playout right, you see you just see a random athlete. You heard about he hot, he making bread as they are, so he making bread? Can you see him out? Is your first reaction to give him some financial literacy as somebody that wanted to give it back. That's in the media business, you know, right, but it's like to assume you got it and you're assuming that everything's okay. But what I found out was everything was not okay. So I'm so excited. It's an opportunity for us to give back because you know, hey, if we come to you and we say, hey, is everything okay, We're not digging in your.
Speaker 5: Pockets, right, you're not pocket checking.
Speaker 4: I don't care what you got. I don't want to know you're good. How's your infrastructure?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying you're not good, I'm just asking are you good?
Speaker 1: And that's not in your due diligence of associate coach. That's just speaking as a mention.
Speaker 4: So transparently, I have a sports agency. I have to say that, Okay, sec Compliancy Artist Management Group dot com sec Compliancy damn.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But transparently, you know what I mean, we have a sports agency.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 4: That makes sense now because I'm not I'm not selling nobody.
Speaker 5: You're right, I'm growing up.
Speaker 4: But so I have two agencies. From Kobe Shin though the story she has doing nothing average agency and then Stacey Labor Labor Sports and Entertainment dot Com and then Covid and then doing nothing average dot Com. Those two of my agents, and then we have a couple others so so so yeah, were in it, and then we also have at some point transparency. At some point I'm going to have to make a decision and I'm getting into sports ownership or uh or management or agency sports agency. But it shouldn't stop the momentum. I just want to throw that out there real quick. But but yeah, so yeah, but yeah, you know we love sports.
Speaker 11: We love sports here too.
Speaker 4: We love.
Speaker 1: We take the pictures, right, Okay for a careful hood who loves bad thank you keep that loves loves basketball. Right, they grew up with they like they pissed Paul, but they got that passion. What do you suggest like that same eight year old kid, you know what I mean? Like I think you said your father started your hate. But what are you talking about? Yes, yes, a kid from open Lock, a kid from Compton, a kid from UH projects.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, I'm just.
Speaker 4: Saying also to say yes, keep going on.
Speaker 1: So like like like like, what do you say to that eight year old kid that wants to wants to live that same dream that you live, doesn't have the resources.
Speaker 5: All they have is they heart?
Speaker 1: Like really yes? But is that enough?
Speaker 5: So what do you say to that eight.
Speaker 1: Year old one?
Speaker 4: I wanted to say, Like the reason I was, I can't. I can't catch you off when you have like tequila, which is opera is not a downer. I think this is okay. Yoah should not be not the head coach for drink get to KILLO because you're friends with people that drink down there. I'm jerious.
Speaker 1: Yes, put your question here, like you're an eight year old that's like he wants to play ball. He has the passion, he just doesn't have the resources. What is this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Community got it? Like, let's think of Rockaway. Don't understand about Farrocolay is it's the roughest part in New York City to live in. It's two hours no matter which way you talk, you talk about it. So let's just talk about that as a case study. I grew up in Fai Rockaway in the summertime. And so if you're a kid, if you get one case study and you take this case study and you bring it around, I would say, like, you know, it's not all about sports and entertainment, Like I think you have to learn how to build stuff.
Speaker 1: I think you have to.
Speaker 4: You definitely want to adapt with the times. But what what skill set do you have? That's why I will say first because on because the majority only a few people going pro that's the stats, right right, So then like I would say, learn how to build your community, and right now that I think there's opportunities they're building the attention fine right now. So if that's truly the case, you should give some of those some of those literacy jobs. You got to do it three years in advance, and you teach them how to build their own communities, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because you can there's things you could do.
Speaker 4: It's plumbing. How long does it take to get a plumbing license? Or I got a company build ups dot com, build ups dot com, hvactors a big refrigeration. But I'm saying like slow money, you you know, And then how do we support each other anyway? And also under the context of being on the show, Yeah, I feel like I want to say certain things, but.
Speaker 5: Anyway, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because yeah.
Speaker 4: It's crazy to like just seeing Normay and you get ask any questions you want to.
Speaker 1: I feel like you gave me financial advice. But but he needs basketball advice?
Speaker 11: What basket advice?
Speaker 4: Go to Artest Education Foundation. Honestly say you can Basco advice. Okay, so right now, yeah, art Test Education Foundation because right now we're just trying to figure out we never launched the program we are now. But I've done so much in philanthropy, you know, I've done so much. I had one group tell me matter, you know, you don't really meet impliancy for for your foundation to receive funds. I'm saying, well, what do you mean? This is twenty and twenty five. In twenty ten, I raffled off my championship bring is documented and I gave away six hundred and seventy one thousand. So what do you what are you?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Why are you making a loopholes? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, the Lakers, Yes, my lagagee yes, yes, what did you get for it? Oh?
Speaker 1: What I did? So?
Speaker 4: So Diddy try to you know, Diddy offer two hundred and twenty five thousand. That's I played for coach Diddy, so I don't know. So he offered two and twenty five thousand. I said that's not gonna be enough, because if I sell it if I raffle it for a dollar, I think I can give my money. Not for me, I'm not pugging in my pockets, but calls so anyway. And he also the RUT championship. Oh he always eighteen thousand dollars watches like but I say that because not why everybody else thinking about it? I played for coach Diddy, So that's all I'm saying, because sometimes you can't avoid talking about Diddy. No, right, and then perspective on it. And this is a revolt, right, this is a revolt. So this is a revolt. But this is why I do what I do.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I see a rapping, I'm like, yo, Like, okay, what's the bigger picture. I see a ballplayer and I'm I'm mentoring boxes right now. I'm not gonna say their names, but I'm actually mentoring like boxes, basketball players move too, And I'm so exciting.
Speaker 1: I heard this the other day. I was I kept researching you, and you were saying that at one point in your life he was watching boxing. More thing he was watching, Yeah, my dad for you, My dad was my dad's two on one.
Speaker 4: You go to BoxRec dot com, which is the main I think you all been to box I think twenty percent.
Speaker 1: You've been to box wrect watch boxing every day. So my dad's on't My dad's on box wrecks. He's two on one.
Speaker 4: Then he had me, so that's what happened. So my dad's two on one. He's a boxing professional boxer. He's from Philly, you know what I mean? So, yeah, yeah, me, But I love boxing in my favorite sport. We had Oh yeah, can Intrinsic dot Com. That's my CPA accounting firm. I'm not promoting to you, but Canelo Science Intrinsic Biz Intrinsic dot Biz we have a so I launched that twenty fifteen. But I love boxing because in boxing you can get a larger management fee. That's legal. Wow, I ain't saying no, that's not legal. But in basketball's at four percent. Boxing is different.
Speaker 1: So you know.
Speaker 4: So, but I love boxing, and I think like Louie from Tenth Street on my block. He's the first person to knocked down Roy Jones. You know Louis Yeah, so you should do little history. He has trained on the Floyd Maybethers fighters. This is drink Chance sports, you know what I mean. So he's also from my block from his building attached to line of meat building like, so he also won titles and his family was they was winning kickboxing. So his sister and his little brother kickboxing championships at the same level. So he actually Roy Jones be anyway, people forget about Louis, but boxing is like, why do I love boxing?
Speaker 11: My dad box?
Speaker 4: My dad used to take me to the Lost Battalion and you know in New York, but he would keep me away from boxing. He didn't want me to get your head, so my dad, I would see, I see, Yeah, he never wanted me to fight, you know what I mean. So my dad's two and one and he fighting, and I want to learn because my dad's in my life, even though he was like to my mom he wasn't the best coming into that, but to me, he was dead every day. Something he kept me from boxing. But the crazy thing was it's a great story though. The crazy thing was two thousand and twenty six something like that, maybe twenty four, I don't quite remember. My dad got me on the phone. This is two thousand oh four, sorry, oh four six. Who's Muhammad Ali trainer Bundy? That's his full name. Angelo Dundee, Yes, Angelo Dundee training. So I'm like, dad, how the hell are you on the phone with Angelo Dundee or my dad? I always wanted to give him four fights now you well, yeah, I just say four. Okay, let's have four. So you see are people fighting now?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, so anyway four I'm not fighting now.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing it now. Turned down there. I'm not doing it now.
Speaker 4: It's like I'm forty six, I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: I'm not fighting.
Speaker 4: Nobody in that area. In two thousand and four, I thought like, what Jake Paul is doing right now? I want to celebrity boxing. Yeah, it's two thousand and five if he did that.
Speaker 1: But Mike, Mike was different than O four six huh Tyson.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I'm a fight against Mike Tyson.
Speaker 11: I'm saying I want you.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of what Jake Paul was doing. I do not want to get hit in my head. I got to offer from Triller. I said, you know, there's no amount of money y'all can offer me. I talk about you know what I mean, he's you know, he's oct five hundred thousand, definitely not enough to fight, you know. But I think I now, I do think I would be more entertaining have a better track record, but you know what I mean, I have a way better track records or how right? So anyway, but anyway, I love boxing that much. We got boxing Cordell Booker. We just signed Cordeal Booker. He lost against Frondora, but everybody's losing against front doorra every transit dot com intrinsic business like a CPA accounting for where we managed only accounting all fuduciaries taxes. And we have another company that where we signed Cordel Booker to our box PGT Sports. That's where we got Cordel Booker and we got more boxes though. But I'm like behind the scenes now, but you know this is yeah, I love But anyway boxing. I can go on and on about boxing, like I call Floyd, I ain't gonna talk too much about it. Floyd's by god. I always check about Floyd, and Floyd is so dope, like he would give me tickets to the games to the fights. I say games to the fights. He ain't give it eighty tickets. I'm like, hey, family, we got any tickets to Floyd tonight on the front Road. I love Floyd, and I'm not talking about one fight. So I'm like always like, Floyd, what can I do for you? But Floyd Mayweather, I feel like, you know, he doesn't drink I've been out with Floyd. You don't drink it on smoke. And I'm like, that's inspiring to see as an athlete, you know. And then also we see the stuff that's happening now. But we talked about when is to support each other, right ye, fact absolutely talked always. But that's sports.
Speaker 1: So I got a good one for you. Yeah, and then you're never gonna hear my month forget.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, yeah, this is.
Speaker 10: Nothing crazy or anything like that, because you've had a long career and I count your career after back ladies.
Speaker 4: Yes, she's here, No left, Yes, I was just going because it's a little bit of cava left a little cover. No, that's okay, now we already I was you gonna put water in it, meeting water.
Speaker 1: Mister Lee got you And I mean this from the beginning.
Speaker 10: Of your career getting a dollar the first dollar you ever got paid professionally, so it might be n b A, it might be before that, all the way till today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I regret that maybe might help a younger kid.
Speaker 10: Yes, yes, yes, yes, someone who's had the kind of success you've asked.
Speaker 1: So I do want to stay free.
Speaker 4: Yes, one regret you may have had, Yeah, might be able to help someone else. So I'm gonna say that, Like I used to do homework on Tell Street because like I was in my house and there was things going on. I don't want to talk about it because my mom and dad is awesome. But so I'm gonna do my homework outside on Toll Street. That's why I'm doing my homework. Yeah, you see my grades. I told you about my grades. Yes, all right, you see what I'm saying. So, so it's about the lock in. You know what I'm saying, because like at home, it's like where are you gonna do your homework? Don't you gotta do homework? I tell you, when one ban two w LA, you lose two weeks of school. When you lose two weeks of school in nineteen ninety three, how are you gonna catch up? You're gonna get left back, right, You're gonna get left back. It's a failed, is a fail? How are you going to catch up? So, and we know that is a stat So from that perspective, I got to give this information, right, you.
Speaker 1: Got to give this information.
Speaker 4: And then also if somebody's being locked up that it should be it should not be tied to the school system. If you in jail, she'd not should still graduate because who knows why?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Who knows why this kid when left.
Speaker 11: And doesn't pick up?
Speaker 10: Yeah, who knows ye or the dys or the juvenile pick up where that kid is ages in school while he's locked up.
Speaker 4: So for me, in nineteen ninety three, I wanted to be a math teacher. I was two or four. That's why I mentioned in the Math Architect I want to be a math teacher because at that age I was going through a lot. And now I can get complain about it. But you're on these type of platforms, you can talk about them. When you're on these type of platforms, you can talk about it.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like what I told about I said, you know what just so happened? I know, nory it is the regret. Okay, ask the question again.
Speaker 1: Regret regret one, regret one. I give you a few. I give you a few.
Speaker 4: I already one, I give you one, and well nobody say he good, We're good good alright, so I would say, so the first thing I want so I was signed to and I also want to give content, but I'm also trying to get content respectfully. But like, so I signed with Dwayne.
Speaker 11: Martin, Yeah, the actor. Yeah, yeah, only one.
Speaker 1: Dayne name the second name, my second Dwayne No, no, no, my bad.
Speaker 5: I just had to take it.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm actually not I'm actually I'm actually not challenging you. I'm actually really curious. Do you know another Dwayne Martin?
Speaker 1: No, dude, I know.
Speaker 11: For those that don't know, Dwayne Martin, k Kylie Watson above the rim.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I said, I don't know that. Oh he was in about the room.
Speaker 11: Saytie Watson, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, I say, okay, that's his name. Yeah, okay, So anyway, he was my first agent. He came to queens Bridge. So I love Dwayne and he's my he's a real close friend and teacher and his wife and they divorced since they're both really good friends. Say he's my first agent. But I think like at that time, so I do want to say I wanted to buy a Prius. I'm sorry, a caravan. Because when you were in high school, right in nineteen ninety six, you don't got a car.
Speaker 1: Where are you looking at in New York City? Tell me, I know you did it before.
Speaker 4: Tell me what maner?
Speaker 5: Okay, the newspaper. That's everybody lives in the newspaper.
Speaker 4: Who from New York? So you see that caravan, you see that Chrysler. You ain't look at that? No business, right, you're too young, that's your range.
Speaker 1: I'm sure now we looked at the Crysler MPV. Ain't Lopez had an mp V.
Speaker 4: He found Negro but ethnicity.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be in New Jersey, christ that's not.
Speaker 5: Definitely washing.
Speaker 4: So I wanted to buy a caravan. My first check in the NB. I'm not gonna lie. I wanted about caravan. I wanted to buy a caravan.
Speaker 1: Caravan. It was hot, but.
Speaker 4: Family, not an MPV.
Speaker 1: The dog. Yeah there, I had a kid.
Speaker 4: I had a kid at sixteen. I'm as you see what I'm saying. I think, how you think I just read something.
Speaker 1: I got?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know this girl got him thinking like that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, when you get persuaded to do something other like buy more. You shouldn't be persuading nobody to buy more. Damn, you ain't even work over your principle yet.
Speaker 1: But you're talking on the level.
Speaker 4: There's not another level because it's just something we shouldn't tell people should nobody. There's not another level you should not be working on.
Speaker 1: Generation should be at this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hopefully so anyway down now is like now to go back to my dude from Sorry, I'm excited, but this guy was telling me today the New York gets talked with their hands. I'm from New York. I'm like, I guess we talk what I.
Speaker 1: You can't help.
Speaker 10: The whole question was the regret, Oh yeah, do you have I don't want you to day Yeah for what.
Speaker 1: From what for? Prey? Regret that you can help a young person coming by?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would say you yeah, I would say and now and nowadays I would say family first, because so many athletes, what's happening as athletes entertainers. There's no knowledge transferring back if you look at the I guess the boss got right, and it's okay to talk about it like you can't hit on somebody have it more than I just want to say that, but you know, the wealth got trillions of dollars and uh ownership of you know, call it the white angle, Saxon and Jewish right. And then next is Indian. It's only this is public knowledge because I just read it online, right, and then Blacks, I looked at it and there was nowhere to be found. So that's not even in you know, under under management, not even management, because we spend right. We spent a lot of money. So from that perspective for right, you know, from that perspective, and then also I think people deserves, you know, right to have a great end of life. I was the first support of r f K and Metalworale Peace from Tel Street.
Speaker 1: That's Robert Kennedy.
Speaker 4: But you don't let me talk about let me talk about life, coach. I'm not gonna cut you off. I wanted to talk about why I mentioned that. Okay, why I mentioned that was because they reached out to me. I'm doing a lot of positive stuff, and I think you reserved the right to give back. No matter what you've been through your life, you deserved the right to get back. So I was the first one. I was the first supporter of the first entertainment sports. Look at it on YouTube and you'll see me introduce the VP. You'll see me introduced his VP, and then what what you'll also see is mister Trump. I'm saying this as a I'm an independent voter publicly, but you also see them saying that they Man, I don't feel like going to get SORRFK. I don't want to get too much into that, but I do. But from my from my and I was the first. So from that perspective, I asked him could I be his VP?
Speaker 1: You know, be VP?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my guy? And what did he do? It was one of those things that is not realistic, it's not really. What I'm saying is from a health perspective, you got to get in where you fit in and politics and social impacts. It's not going to be perfect. But if you're trying to give back, you want to give back at the highest level. Right, So if that's the case, Like, I love the fact that we should be eating healthy. You know, you know, I've also listened also washing doctor Sebby right, and I learned how to eat healthy. So now it's like it's about us. We're not in competition. Why we got to be in competition with you. I mean, we're just getting there. So anyway, you know, I was excited to like your Math Hoffer, that's my guy, asked math.
Speaker 1: Math.
Speaker 4: Had a lot of conversations, you know what I mean. I gotta I gotta record with what's the guy that battled the best battle of sorry murder boot when I battle him?
Speaker 1: Loaded?
Speaker 12: Sorry?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: Loaded? Loaded?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 4: I got a record with Loaded. I love Loaded career. We talked about a lot of stuff, you know what I mean, But yeah, this is a great opportunity. Anyway, he's.
Speaker 1: Because because this is what I want to know, Like when you squashed the beef with the guy right from Green? What was his name? Green? He's a squash, Yeah, the guy that you thought through the at you sorry, yes John Green? The brawl? Yeah, did you squash the beat before you won the championship? All after? Because because you think, like, was that good karma coming back to you? Like you reaching out to him and you're development in a relationship and then all of a sudden you win the champ Then you win the championship.
Speaker 5: You think that was good karma? What do you do?
Speaker 1: Am I asking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gotta let you ask your question. I've seen Nori, and please remind me of his question. Please, I just wanna say something. So I've seen nor when he first started the show.
Speaker 1: I got a pain.
Speaker 4: And and then Noor will always cut people off, and I was and I was like, why don't always turn people off? Right, I'm like, so, I'm like, why is this jump you off? But I'm trying to pay attention. So I said, oh, he's trying to.
Speaker 5: Keep the show. Said, He's trying to keep the show moving. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, yes, I'm watching the show, you know.
Speaker 1: But but but but do you think that because because because when you squashed the beef with the dude, the one that through the beer, that was before you won a championship.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, So what happened was shot Yeah, yeah, yeah, I wanted.
Speaker 5: Because because I want to go get it again.
Speaker 1: This my kill. Cure, that's the killer, get your life. So so you think that square, you take that, You think that I got to do? You think that you squashing the beef for him it was good, calm up because you run a championship.
Speaker 4: So what happened was I already knew I was trying to do all this positive stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, so.
Speaker 4: Classic, oh yeah yeah, Pink Carter. So for me, it was like, there wasn't the career I envisioned when I knew I was gonna prove. So now to answer your question, yeah, the question.
Speaker 1: It was the album.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like do you think Washington was that good call? And that led to you, Well what.
Speaker 4: Happened was like during that time, people were trying to make it white black, Like I'm just trying to do business and I'm just trying to do philanthropy. So now I got this drama with some dude that then you got a whole nother story.
Speaker 11: That's so many stories.
Speaker 4: I'm escaping Ben Wallace, who's my guy? Shout at Ben and you know he's upset. But when I went to Ben, I'm the sucker actually because when I went to him, you'll see say so I said, sorry, I'm gonna admit it. I didn't want no problem with Big Ben.
Speaker 10: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not afraid that he's like Charles look like I would have problem with Ben Wallace Wallace.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying I'm afraid. I'm too sixty five, like I want a problem back.
Speaker 4: So you'll see me go like this. I mean to say, like sorry, but I ain't even doing that. But honestly it wasn't a hard fell So then so then that happened, and then the brawl takes off. So now you know, I'm just I'm trying to escape. So I'm laying on a scorers table. I said, okay at some point, but at that point he was wrong.
Speaker 11: Huh, at that point you was wrong wrong, laying on top of the scores table.
Speaker 4: Listen you listen, listen to that.
Speaker 1: It's very cool.
Speaker 11: Ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah trying. That's not no ship. It's okay, but very important. It's the way we view life, right, and that was view like that. You see what I'm saying. I don't think I would later if I if I wanted to get it pop out, will get it poping. I'm laying on a scoring saved.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to chill. I do it and hitting.
Speaker 4: Y'all don't know what's going through my head. I don't know what was going through y'all head.
Speaker 1: But people with cherish thev on, I.
Speaker 4: Don't cheer it on. I lost the Cason, another Defensive Player of the Year, and another All Star and another whatever. Just count up just money, so definitely such something. When that happened years later, I was Sacramento. We told that whole story. I still was depressed because of this thing. So when you look at the Lakers Championship, the first thing I did was thank the.
Speaker 11: Pacers, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: And you look at the interview. You got to see it online. Yo, shout out to the paces because I always wanted to win the championship, so I ain't feel I had to let them know.
Speaker 1: You my guys, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Suching with John Green something to jump here with John Green, it was like I was still depressed, and I said, I need to stop having so much resentment because everybody's saying they hate me.
Speaker 1: It's on TV.
Speaker 4: Everybody's saying they hate you. Like what you hate me too. I won't even know I think you hate it. It's like it's just crazy right right, which is a fight. It's like it's somebody I'm used to fighting the game over that ship, you know what I mean. I saw I saw, I saw, I saw Lady Drugs. I was right there and told I saw lad Street Drugs. They both their time, Like my god, I was dear right. So it's like I'm used to and their friends. So with John Green, I'm like, hold on, I don't got that much drama as everybody's saying. With this guy, we had to fight, you know what I mean. I don't hate all everybody. So anyway, we became tight a dude who lost me fifty whatever you want to name it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to name this. I'm not holding over me and you were having to fight.
Speaker 4: But all the people, you guy, you the people who made certain decisions like get.
Speaker 1: To know me.
Speaker 4: You don't even know me, right, you know what I mean? So for now, But then I also said earlier that I think they made the right decision because because of what happened. But but I wanted to say, and then people tried to make it a race for it was what it was, media headlines, something off the backs. To me, we ain't about to get white versus black to get one together, right, I don't have a problem. Yes, it's that the John Green, and this is how me and John became friends. You should have us on your show.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: But check it out as I'm doing as I'm the first athlete entertainer to do a podcast. Right, If you look at the years. That content is cool? How is that content not cool because it's not your because it's not where you want a program today. So anyway, I see my got newy. This is a great opportunity to talk about that. That's dope content.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 4: But why do you not wanting to meet John Green and Ben Waller's talk about the bro that's for its history.
Speaker 11: That's your chance.
Speaker 1: But we can chill, we can chill.
Speaker 11: We can tell you.
Speaker 1: I ain't yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Drives, and then we can tell you.
Speaker 3: Who's Drink Champs is a Drink Champs ll C production hosts and executive producers n O r E and d j e f f N. Listen to Drink Champs on Apple Podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs hosted by yours truly, d j e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Noria on I g at Noriaga on Twitter, Mine is at Who's Crazy on I g at d j e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm