Speaker 1: Comedy Up Broadway in Lexington. Welcomes Dale Jones February fourteenth and fifteenth, Then catch Lucas and Selnik February twenty first and twenty second, and don't miss club favorite Ian Bag February twenty seven through March first. Comedy Up Broadway opened and downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best in stand up comedy to the area thirty eight years later. Call eight five, nine, two, seven to one joke or visit Comedy Up Broadway dot com off Broadway.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone, It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Friday, February the twenty eighth time Matt Jones Here at the absolutely beautiful new Lexington Sporting FC Soccer facility out next on the Athens Boonsboro UH exit off the interstate.
Speaker 3: What's what's the street? What do you call this?
Speaker 4: Shi shives? Shin shives?
Speaker 3: But everybody knows where it is.
Speaker 2: You know, it's exit one oh four right off in This facility is absolutely beautiful. As we get ready to celebrate the Lexington soccer team's move to the championship level of the USL and opening day UH next Saturday night, you can give us A shout on the Clark's Puppy Shop full line eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. A Vision Auto glass text machine is seven seven two seven to seven four five two five four in this diition sponsored by the t J.
Speaker 3: Smith Office. You call TJ.
Speaker 2: He'll make them pay Ryan. You know last summer I spent the summer in Europe. Went to soccer stadiums all over, went to uh I went to Champions League qualifier games, I went to league games I saw. I went to the European Soccer Championships and went to really really nice soccer stadiums all.
Speaker 3: Around the continent.
Speaker 2: This is obviously smaller in scale than some of those, but maybe just as nice. An absolutely beautiful facility. I've driven by this over and over. This is the first time I've been in here. Wow, I don't think I realized that this was this nice and.
Speaker 5: In Lexington it is. We can't have size enough. How some this facility really is. I mean it is beautiful out of here. I got a little tour before we went on, saw the locker rooms, we're in the VIP club now, I mean, this is really a fantastic soccer stadium. They've got out of here.
Speaker 2: I mean, it really really is for those of you that are like me, you know, if you followed the construction of it, et cetera. I love the logos, drew the Lexington Sporting logo.
Speaker 3: I got the eight five to nine hat on. Uh. This is what they you know, they call the kit. The kit.
Speaker 4: That's the new kit debuted yesterday, just released debut.
Speaker 3: Lexington. I love the colors.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, everything in Kentucky, Shannon tends to be blue because of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: To have this black and green, I think that's a.
Speaker 6: Very good It's not just a green, it's almost like a neon type of green. I don't know what you would call that color. No, it's it's it's sharp looking. Ryan's already got a pull over and he's pretty much on the squad.
Speaker 2: I think at this points, just gotten in and Ryan already already had free years.
Speaker 4: That's exactly what I brought my own scarf from home. I'm a hooligan of Lexington s c Oh yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well here's the thing. So this is to promote Opening Night is next Saturday. You remember, Kentucky ends the basketball season next Saturday against Missouri at noon, so my postgame show everything will be over by four thirty. That night, Lexington Sporting plays their first game in the new level, their first game in the Championship level.
Speaker 3: That's the same one for.
Speaker 2: Those of you around Kentucky that Louisville City has been in for years. Lexington is moving up to that league. In a little bit, I'll tell you who's.
Speaker 3: In that league.
Speaker 2: But for everyone here that came to show, you get two free tickets to the game.
Speaker 3: So right here, all of a sudden, you get two three tickets. And by the.
Speaker 2: Way, if you're out and you'd like to come by, you'll get two free tickets if you come by during the show. But for those of you at home who for whatever reason can this is what I'm gonna ask you to do. Go to Lexsporting dot com. Lex Sporting dot com. If you put in my code KSR, you can get tickets for five dollars for the opening nine Lexsporting dot com, so literally the debut. One of these days Lex Sporting will be playing, you know, for the World Cup, and you'll be able to say that you were there. I know they won't, but they'll be playing and you will be able to say you were at the first game in the new level, they play Hartford. We're absolutely gonna beat Hartford, for I haven't done my research Hartford yet. I have to fly into Hartford Airport in two weeks. I'll tun them after we beat them. When I go to Yes, wear your new hat, show up with Petter right.
Speaker 4: But this is, like you said, this is an amazing place. I live two exits down. I've been seeing the construction go on too, and to walk in, I mean, I feel like, I mean, it is a professional stadium, but I mean it feels big time.
Speaker 3: It does. I mean, it feels like a European soccer stadium. It really does.
Speaker 2: Lex Sporting dot Com code KSR five dollars tickets for the opening game. You know, I think I hope people in the Lexi community realize what a nice resource this is. And I will say this, when you get to these games. You know there's a Louisville City fan here. I've been to those games. I've been to those games. Like when it gets it can be. It's a really great atmosphere.
Speaker 5: This stadium, like it holds like seventy five hundred people, So how awesome would it be? To come out here and pack it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna try to fill it up for their opening opening match a week from tomorrow.
Speaker 6: It's like the soccer like fan. The etiquette's a little bit different too when it comes to being a that's right, yeah, babies, any babies? Ryan at soccer matches like this, Yeah, there should.
Speaker 2: Be Well not according to Ryan, but I think this is a This is a great family sport to come to.
Speaker 5: So they gotta have a pitch out here for kids. You run up by, look at this. Yeah, how did you know?
Speaker 6: Pitch?
Speaker 5: That's what they called it when I took the tour and said we had a little pitch over here for the kids.
Speaker 6: Terminology you were you knew not.
Speaker 3: I thought you would say field, you knew not just you knew to say pitch.
Speaker 5: I probably would have called it field, But they called it a pitch to me, So it's a pitch out there.
Speaker 3: It's a pitch out there.
Speaker 2: So again, Lex Sporting dot Com Promo co k Sr Will be out here all day. And that merchandise shop is that open like just regular? That is a really nice merchandise shop. I'm a big merch guy, so it looks it looks Great Cats tomorrow, ready for three games left in the season. This is I mean, the number one team in America's coming in here, right, probably the favorites to win the national Championship, coming into Rupperita at one o'clock.
Speaker 3: I think we're all.
Speaker 2: Still so excited after the Oklahoma win that I don't know if everybody's processing the best team in the country's coming in here tomorrow one o'clock on ABC.
Speaker 3: I think I said the other night, when's the last time we played on ABC? It turns out it wasn't that long ago.
Speaker 2: We played when we played in London, England against Michigan.
Speaker 3: That game was on ABC. But before that, would.
Speaker 2: You like to know the last regular season game we played on ABC?
Speaker 5: I can't think it was. Well, it's gotta be a long time.
Speaker 2: It was the final game of the White Chocolate Era at Florida when he came in here and lit us up and they got kicked off the team a couple days later.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that, Oh, that's the Cameron Mills game. Cameron had like twenty seven, but Jason Williams had like thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yes, Jason Williams was one of the best games against Kentucky ever, but we will play tomorrow on ABC.
Speaker 3: It might be the first college.
Speaker 2: But well game they've won of only couple they've shown this year. Kentucky and Auburn, how you feeling it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 5: We said this when they went down and played at Alabama. I think feel like Kentucky Toayon, won't. They're comp playing with house money. You know, nobody's expecting them to win this game. Auburn is really really good, so you can go out there and play loose. Maybe you don't surprise them. You get hot, you can surprise somebody.
Speaker 2: I actually think, Drew, we have a better chance of winning this game than I thought we had at Alabama. The different even though I think Auburn's a better team, you were on the road. That makes it much harder. You were without two starters, whereas in theory you might play with those guys tomorrow.
Speaker 3: And there is a rough advantage.
Speaker 2: There's going to be an advantage too, especially if Kentucky gets up, gets going early.
Speaker 3: That crowd will be buzzing and it'll be ready to go.
Speaker 2: So I think what we were a twelve and a half point underdog at Alabama, I think that number is gonna be much lower tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at Auburn obviously very good. What they've done and maybe the best conference ever this year is amazing. There are only two losses or the duke in Florida, who I'll add Kentucky beat.
Speaker 3: Both of those.
Speaker 4: But I'm not at all surrendering this game. I think it's gonna be a great game. I think it's gonna come down to the end. Like you said, the crowd will be a factor, but having Butler back appears to be good enough to you know, go full speed as long the stand of foul, trouble and whatever you get out of Robinson. I like Kentucky to keep it close, maybe and win this game. Broom's probably the best player in college basketball, but Kentucky's one of only a few sec rosters where if you have any form of what you had of Garrison the other night, he and Williams might be able to contend with him in a Cardwell.
Speaker 2: Inside, my worry about the game is honestly a depth worry. Auburn goes nine or ten deep, and when they bring them in, you know, they don't have a huge drop off, like guys come in off the bench and they're still good.
Speaker 3: They come at you in waves. Broom is the most famous, but they got eight nine guys that can play.
Speaker 2: So I actually worry about I always worry about our line changes shit, but I especially worry about him in this game because he get our second best against their second best. Could be a really ugly thing. So I think that's gonna be The key is weathering the waves that Auburn can bring you.
Speaker 6: That is one hundred percent at the waves. They just keep hitting you, and you know, like you said, you go to the bench, there's no drop off at all. Do we know what Jackson Robinson's situation is, because I'm kind of concerned about whether or not he's healthy enough to play.
Speaker 3: I have no This is with no inside right, this is just a guess.
Speaker 2: I'm sure we'll get a text message tonight that'll say one way or the other.
Speaker 3: But I wouldn't shot me if he sits out.
Speaker 2: I mean the fact that he, you know, had to leave in the second half this game being what it is. Mark Pope's a smart guy. He knows we gotta beat LSU Tuesday, right, and like, so you got to make sure you do that. I could see Ryan him taking this game off, but if you're Jackson Robinson man, you came to college to play in a game like this, so it may be going.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm playing the number one team in the country. I want to.
Speaker 6: Play see that.
Speaker 5: That was gonna be my point. I think that they kind of talking old Jackson. He's gonna want to play number one team in the country. You already beat Florida at home in Tennessee at home. They're thinking they can beat Auburn at home. So I think he'll probably do everything he can try to go on the court, at least a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think so too. Second to last home game, respectfully, elis you really the last one with a whole lot of juice that I think the guys have had circled on the calendar for a while. So if he's able, I don't see any scenario or he would want to rest for you know, LSU and Missouri when you have the number one team in the country in front of what.
Speaker 6: We can have it though, is he coming and you know, get that hand aggravated again and then you have them out longer into the tournament. I think it's more important to rest him tomorrow and have them ready to go from March than it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know that. I mean, that can happen at any point.
Speaker 6: Sure, but it's more likely to happen, you know what I mean. I'm just saying the more you play on the more likely it is to happen for him to reaggravate that. I would rather that happen, you know, maybe in March instead of before we get to the tournament.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen his diagnosis, so I mean, like I don't I'm sure they're doing whatever they think is best for him.
Speaker 3: I do see.
Speaker 2: Drew's point is that, like you don't get to playing games such as.
Speaker 3: This very often, you don't get a lot of number one action.
Speaker 2: The other thing is this game is if you could win, is a lot at stake for Kentucky. I mean, if you win, then you take all possibility of you playing on Wednesday out of the way. If you win, you're gonna probably have a really good chance of playing your way out of the eight seed.
Speaker 3: You can move to the five, six, or seven so that you don't.
Speaker 2: Have to play Auburn maybe until the finals of the SEC tournament. If you were to make it, and all of a sudden, you have a path that looks more manageable in the SEC tournament.
Speaker 3: If you win, I think you're as sure to four seed.
Speaker 2: And maybe a three seed, and maybe you're playing for a two seed, Drew. If you win, I mean you if you beat Auburn, and you add that to the list.
Speaker 3: So let's just imagine we were to beat Auburn. Let's look at our resume.
Speaker 2: We were beating Auburn, Duke, and Florida, three of the five favorites to win the national championship, and we would have beaten three of them, right, and we would.
Speaker 3: Have been up ten on the road against the fourth one.
Speaker 2: So you all of a sudden are looking at maybe a two seed in the NCAA tournament. So you win this game, there's a whole bunch of doors that open up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you add another to Pope's record of beating top fifteen teams, which is already crazy this year that he's won so many of those. And at that point, when you do get the NCAA bracket, everyone will be a team you're afraid of because you're gonna have beaten most of the top seeds outside of Alabama. You've played all of them well, even going to Tennessee, who you've swept, Who's gonna be one of the top, you know, maybe a two to three seed, depending how they finish. It's just you'll you'll have so much confidence knowing that you've already done it and they're able to do it again.
Speaker 2: I was asked by radio show Ryan to you know, I I've kind of like I always picked one of these five will win the title. Yeah, and sort of guarantee. I was trying to think who my five are. I know Auburn's gonna be one. I know Duke's gonna be one. I know Houston's gonna be one. Like, those three are definitely gonna be on my list. I'm probably gonna put Alabama as one too, even though their defensive metrics are lower than most titled contender are. But then I'm sitting there trying to think about the fifth, and you look at the contenders for the fifth Florida, we've played, Tennessee, we've played you know, you start to go, wait a minute, outside of Houston, all these teams that can win the national championship, we've already played them, So we shouldn't really be scared of anybody out there because we've played the best teams in America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the other like potential two seeds Wisconsin, Michigan, Iowa State.
Speaker 3: They I mean, I'm not scared of you any of those.
Speaker 2: I honestly, if you told me Kentucky plays Wisconsin or Iowa State and we're healthy, I'd pick us on.
Speaker 3: A neutral court.
Speaker 2: I think i'd pick us over Michigan, to be honest with you, on a neutral court. So it's gonna be weird going into the tournament because we've been up and down.
Speaker 3: But for the first time in.
Speaker 2: My life, unless we see Auburn in our bracket, I don't know that I'm gonna be scared of any.
Speaker 3: Of these teams. I'm not even scared of Auburn. I just would rather not play them.
Speaker 4: Also, Kentucky's losses have been in true road rons. You've only have Missouri of that left. Then it's too neutrals, where Kentucky will probably have the best crowd at most places. So you put that aspect aside too, And I just I'm feeling good about tomorrow, to be honest. Maybe they don't win it, maybe they won't. I think they're gonna be in it. And as I said, if you just if they are able to pull that off, you won't be afraid of anyone moving forward.
Speaker 2: For anyway, before sec plates started, if you had told me we were full of healthy, I thought we'd win tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 2: I thought that's the kind of game that we get in rup with the crowd. Now we're not fully healthy, so I'm not and they're probably a little better than I thought they were gonna be. But still I think we have a great chance. I thought we had no chance last week against Alabama. I actually think we have a great chance of winning tomorrow. If I'm nine two eight zero twenty two eighty seven, the text machine is seven seven two seven to seven four five two five four.
Speaker 3: We are here at Lexington Sporting What's the name.
Speaker 6: Of the stadium Lexin Sporting Club Stadium.
Speaker 2: Lexington Sporting Club Stadium. I can remember that. We'll take a break and be right back. This is Kentucky Sports Radio, great music, Rick, welcome back.
Speaker 3: It is Kentucky Sports Radio. Rick. What is this you gotta do? But you can't? Rick, I love you and I like you. You can't put this. What is this?
Speaker 7: This is mister Brightside by the Killers.
Speaker 3: This is well they play you should play the part that people know. Okay, now that's better. It's good people going.
Speaker 6: This is the remix?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is this the remix? Rick, I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: It doesn't techno remix. This isn't the original?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this isn't the original. That's okay. You just Rick, You just hit the button right and saw what comes out? Yeah? Right, So we try to maybe try to do a little more than hitting the button, and then you get you get better something, you know.
Speaker 5: Speaking of music, Alice Blue Gowns single drop today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give him round and the plays to sh Alice Blue Gowns and uh, you can keep it in the podcast.
Speaker 6: We won't sue you.
Speaker 2: Actually, So I'll tell you what, Rick, Will you look up Alice Blue Gown's new song and play it? Coming in next time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'll be easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the name of the song?
Speaker 6: Helios?
Speaker 3: Helios?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 3: Did you write this song?
Speaker 6: I did. We actually wrote this song fifteen years ago and just got around to recording it last year. So this is something that I wrote when I was in my twentiesh wait, till long ago.
Speaker 3: That's kind of cool. I just got it. So you wrote this when you were in your twenties. What's it about?
Speaker 6: I'd rather not say. I want, you know, I want there to be some mystique about it, so you you can look at the lyrics and you can tell me what you think it's about. And whatever you think it is, that's what it's about.
Speaker 3: That like, is that the cool singor thing to do? Not say?
Speaker 6: Well, well, you know, like you know, I don't ever like my songs to be ruined like songs that I grew up listening to. I wo'd rather not know what they're about and have my own kind of version of what I think it is.
Speaker 3: So you wrote it fifteen years ago.
Speaker 2: When you went back to it, did you still feel the things that you felt fifteen years ago or were you like looking at a different person?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I think I probably felt some of the same same things that I did back then, and then going back and re recording it, you know, we had like a really crappy recording of it.
Speaker 3: OK.
Speaker 6: So then we went to an actual professional studio to record this one. So it was it was really cool going.
Speaker 3: On your first original song.
Speaker 6: That we recorded, Yes for you right awesome around h Yeah, that is cool. So seeing it on iTunes this morning was really cool.
Speaker 3: That is dude, that's really awesome. So I'll tell you what, how does it work? How do we put something up the charts on iTunes? How does that work? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean you have to buy it, right.
Speaker 6: Uh, well, you don't have to. You can stream it. I don't want to ask anybody to buy anything, but you can if you want to. But you can also stream it on Spotify, YouTube Music, obviously, Apple Music, and wherever you can stream music.
Speaker 2: I'm pulling this so this is on Alice Blue Gown. Soon you're going to be ahead of Alice and check Alice Blue Gown. It says there's a Bobby Darren song called Alice.
Speaker 6: Now maybe scroll down a couple I don't think this. Yeah, there you see the little logo and there it is. There you go. It is dollars twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Well, actually I got oh, I have Apple Music.
Speaker 6: And there you go. You don't have to do that. You can just just just cool.
Speaker 2: I now have helios in my uh in my think enough.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Yes, So everybody on your phones and whatever, download Shannon song and let's uh, let's get him up there.
Speaker 3: He'll be the new Morgan Walla.
Speaker 6: I've always wanted to have a hit, So even if it gets in like the top thousand, I would be happy.
Speaker 3: Let's get him in the top half.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I don't know that there's a chart for that, but if.
Speaker 2: There is of you that have your phones out here, dalla, we gotta get him in the toime.
Speaker 4: We can get a pass the Brina Carpenter easily.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's just as hot.
Speaker 2: If I'm nine to eight oh twenty two eighty seven. Text machine is seven seven to two yelling me seven seven four five two five four UH lex sporting dot Com code is KSR. They may have had a little bit of technical problem at the beginning, but it works now. I hope UH five dollars UH tickets if you use the code. Let's uh a couple of little pieces of news before I get the phones. UK Gonzaga has been announced next year, Drew for Nashville on a Friday night December fifth, so Kentucky will play. I hear this is gonna be potentially an ABC Network Friday night game where Kentucky plays Gonzaga in prime time on a Friday night.
Speaker 3: The thought I was thinking though, is having a game in Nashville.
Speaker 2: I mean having a Marque opponent in Nashville in the regular season. When's the last time that happened? We've played in Nashville, But has it been a Marquee opponent.
Speaker 4: I mean only Vandy trips, and even those until this year weren't even on a weekend.
Speaker 3: Nashville non conference opponent.
Speaker 5: No, I can't.
Speaker 3: I think, by the way you, I think that's gonna be an amazing atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, like you're gonna get like a non rough crowd, but close enough where everyone can go on a Friday night. I think, Drew, that's got a chance to be a wild atmosphere next year.
Speaker 4: Well, you already know my opinion on that. That's on the calendar. I got my rooms yesterday, tickets going sell Friday. I'll be first in.
Speaker 3: Line for that.
Speaker 4: Tickets going sell Friday in next Friday, March what is that seventh le Yeah? Uh at ten o'clock, so I might be on my phone during the show to get them. But no, I'm so fired up, Like I said, already booked it, already got friends, booked it, already counting down even though it's next December.
Speaker 3: I have no idea how good. We'll be Ryan.
Speaker 2: I don't have any idea how good Gonzaga will be, but just having that game and having it, I think that's a great date to have it on a Friday night because that'll be the Friday night before conference championship weekend the next weekend. So like, you don't want to play on Saturday because everybody ignores it, but on Friday night you can maybe get an audience there and that would be good.
Speaker 5: I think it's gonna be an awesome weekend. Have that game Friday night that people spend the night and then hang out all day and they're blue on Saturday watching the football games. You know, Gonzaga beat us at RUP and then we beat them at Seattle, so this is the rubber game there.
Speaker 3: They beat us twice.
Speaker 5: They beat Oh I forgot about that game, so it's not really We.
Speaker 4: Can also wake up drive straight to Atlanta in case Kentucky's in the SEC championship. You know, it cuts out on the drive to get to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Week that might have I don't.
Speaker 4: Have high hopes this season for football, but if they were to surprise us, we're we're already on our way down.
Speaker 3: So if we were to play for the SEC Championship. They'll be there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'll be driving anywhere on that Saturday, but if someone wants to take me, I'll go.
Speaker 2: Also shout out to the guy in the crowd who bought me off Shandon off of TikTok a sweatshirt that says I need a diet coch.
Speaker 6: I love that. What a great hoodie. What a great hoodie that is off of TikTok. Is that like a thing that's trending on there, that's big on TikTok?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but there are many times when I'm grumpy. This would be a good show too. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Matt is up next?
Speaker 2: Matt, go ahead, Matt Hey, Matt.
Speaker 7: Longtime listener called back in twenty thirteen. I just wanted to say sorry about walking by talking about breath. This season has been just so much fun to share with. My son grew up in Likington. Y'all actually talked about in a while ago. My dad was the mascot back in the seventies. He was on stilts, he was big BLUEY did a story about him on to Be a Kyt a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy that was on st was that was a different time in UK athletics. Well, I'm glad to hear that was your dad.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's just and so like you know, the Oklahoma oh Way is my son's favorite player, Burden, So he had to go to bed as he's he's young. But I got him up the next morning and watched the last twelve minutes together and just watching him, you know, get excited about the inn onet, donk at the game, win a shot. Obviously, it's just been real special. I don't have any somebody's already got my tickets for the Auburn game, but I have Champions Club passes and a parking pass I'd love to share with somebody who's going to the game. So it'd be like, well, you.
Speaker 3: Can send them to me if you want.
Speaker 2: Matt dot Jones at Kentucky Sports Radio dot com. I'll give away any and everything that people send.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: I haven't gotten a lot because I don't think a lot of people are giving away.
Speaker 3: UK All tickets, but if you do, if you want to, I.
Speaker 2: Will certainly give them away to everybody else. We'll take a break and come back here Lexi's Party club.
Speaker 3: It's Ksr'm back.
Speaker 2: It is Kentucky Sports Radio here live at Lexington Sporting Club. The women's team here is plays on Tomorrow night. Yes, so like the men's team play next Saturday, the women's team tomorrow night opens up there and well they've already played a couple of games here, but they will play against Brooklyn FC and they'll be free match posters the first three hundred fans their spring home match tomorrow against It's it's seven o'clock, so again another time you can watch the game.
Speaker 3: During the day and then do that at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was pretty cool when we had them at the at the bar a few months ago. Met some of the women's team. They're really nice and excited.
Speaker 3: Okay, they shut out the TJ. Hey, Rick, where how thing's going this morning? What are you doing in there? Sorry about that? All right? On the one yet? Are you? Yeah? Rick? All right?
Speaker 2: Now we didn't you cut off before I could get there. That was Shannon's song. So I'll tell you what I let's let's do it again at ten forty and then let it play a little bit Rick, Okay, because I want people to get to hear all right, sure, all right, and then and then Droid do the TJ Smith drop right there too. One person writes, Matt leave Rick alone. He did not make any caller cry like Billy did, so he's already met.
Speaker 5: That's still got a life of its own.
Speaker 2: People are still you know, Billy, I feel like it's gonna it's gonna linger a little while.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, I want to put you on the air on the show to to to make it better, but I don't think you will make it better, which is partially why I I I, uh, I'm not gonna do it, because you know, we might address it on the postgame show Saturday after the after the Auburn game a little bit, but uh, it has taken a life of its own.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 2: Yesterday got brought up to me quite a bit, including people who don't talk to me about the show, were like, so, what was up with Billy?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: And also I looked on Apple iTunes at one point we were the number ten episode in the country, which doesn't ever happen.
Speaker 3: I mean, that doesn't ever like it's.
Speaker 6: Part of Billy, Yeah, part of the jump. You're just doing it for the show.
Speaker 2: Part of it was I think it was a late night postgame, so a lot of people went to bed, so they wanted to hear it the next day.
Speaker 3: And then we had beatn Oklahoma, so it was a good win.
Speaker 2: And I think part of it might have been people going, what what happened with Billy and this?
Speaker 3: So I think this is gonna linger.
Speaker 5: So what side of you on should Heather call Saturday? And should Billy?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean that's up to Heather. I would love for Heather to call. I want Heather to call. She got a lot of good feedback I think from the from Twitter Twitter she said a thing. You know, I would just suggest as a recommendation to young Billy that if she calls, I would be overly nice if I were him Shannon if she did, because it's probably this is not one you want to linger.
Speaker 6: I think the best thing that could happen for Billy is Heather actually calls in and we make it right this time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you just grew up, you can you have an opportunity to make it right. Now. She doesn't call back in, then it might linger a little long.
Speaker 3: I would say, though, at some point she'll call.
Speaker 6: Back yes, it's in her hands.
Speaker 2: And when she does, she think it'd be really nice for Billy to be sort of nice.
Speaker 3: I think that would be helpful.
Speaker 5: And her post that she put out, you know, she said she started calling to help kind of therapy for the floods, little relief from the floods, and she wanted to give a shout out to her ninety five year old grandmother. Yeah, and Billy Wax she calls in.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: She called in the postgame show to help with flood recovery her ninety five year old grandmother, which certainly helps Billy's case.
Speaker 3: A lot drew when we learned those facts too.
Speaker 4: I'm afraid to even look at you right now because the lot Billy's given you is making me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Staring time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't get you get mad at me, Ricky, Bobby, I ain't the one who did it. And if you remember, I tried to save you in the moment at one forty am. I know what fan reaction is gonna be, like shit.
Speaker 6: He did not apologize, or actually he did apologize on the pre show, but he will not take responsibilities now. He's flipped from where he was before.
Speaker 2: Since we are here at Lexington Sporting. I want to tell you a soccer story that Uh did you see what happened in the German League four Bundesliga game?
Speaker 5: Man, I guess I missed that one.
Speaker 2: Tell me about it between f C Terry two and write weiss marham Marheim three.
Speaker 3: You probably didn't watch.
Speaker 5: This game battle for the agent?
Speaker 3: You know why you didn't watch the game? No?
Speaker 2: Because he got postponed during warm ups? Would you like to know why?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: You know how when you watch soccer games, I don't know do they do this here? Do you like? Do little kids walk out during Okay?
Speaker 2: So it's always an interesting thing about soccer is that little kids will like walk out with the with the team, the old hands with them, and then everybody else shake hands. It kind of gotta be a cool moment for the little kids that do it.
Speaker 3: So, uh, f C.
Speaker 2: Tari two and write weiss Mannheim three are playing each other, kids walk out with the referee is standing in the middle, comes in. All the kids are going to walk by and shake hands with the referee and one of the kids just punches the.
Speaker 3: Referee in his crotch.
Speaker 2: And then he bends over and the kid bites his testicle. What and he ends up having to go to the hospital and they don't have a makeup referee and they end up canceling.
Speaker 3: They have to cancel the match.
Speaker 2: A German professional soccer match ended because of an assault by an eight year old on the referee.
Speaker 5: Uh before the game start, you could have asked me fifteen reasons why that match got canceled and I wouldn't have thought some of a testicle.
Speaker 2: Got hope it was more than fifteen. I thought, I hope it was gonna be like a million.
Speaker 6: Wow. I feel like a punch would have been enough. But to go back and bite its insult to injury. At that point, you're just piling on.
Speaker 3: He ended up having to go to the hospital, like look like hell yeah?
Speaker 2: And uh so that match, Uh, by the way, has been rescheduled. I don't know if they have the kids walk on the pitch for that one, but.
Speaker 3: Uh, an interesting moment.
Speaker 4: How do you even handle that with the kid? I mean you can't.
Speaker 2: I think you got to put them in trouble. I think you have to see some Yeah you can't, you can't. I think that you have to you have to say that's not you can't do that.
Speaker 6: Please tell me, please, some of there's video really seeing.
Speaker 2: The video, but uh, I don't expect that will happen next Saturday on Opening Night. I think they'll they will protect our referees. Who's up next?
Speaker 6: Got Josh?
Speaker 3: Up next? Josh? Go ahead, Josh.
Speaker 8: Hey man, I'm not gonna wait your time asking how you're doing. That bugs me when people do that, but I'm going already get it, so go ahead, shut out.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I was gonna give a shout to Heather and Pikeville, but you guys just covered her. I did want to say that I won tickets to the Auburn game for Saturday. I want a VIP experience, and they actually invited me to the practice today. So I left a little before six o'clock this morning from Western Kentucky. I'm just now pulling up the the arena for practice, and I just want to ask you what what the heck experience?
Speaker 2: Who did you win that from? Hang on, who did you win that from? That's a big experience.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, let me let me disclose a little information. My wife doesn't know I won the tickets, but I want them to do Coaches versus Cancer auction.
Speaker 2: You paid for the experience. Yeah, okay, so different. Second, there's a differ.
Speaker 3: There's a difference between winning and pay Now, I think it'll be worth it. That's a little different than winning the experience.
Speaker 2: I won.
Speaker 3: I won the bed.
Speaker 8: It said you won.
Speaker 3: You won because you spent the most money. That's how an auction works.
Speaker 8: Well, anyways, what can I expect at the practice or anything? You think I should uh look forward to better my experience.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like you got the kind of money you don't need to worry about the experience.
Speaker 3: But I appreciate the call. Uh.
Speaker 4: He could send us a Jackson Robinson report if he wants to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, that would be interesting to see how much Jackson Robinson and Lama Butler play. I have not been because during the summer I was gone, So I have not been to a full Mark Pope practice beyond the one that the whole media went to.
Speaker 3: So I haven't.
Speaker 2: You know, when coaches do media practices, I always think they're a little bit careful what they do because all the media is there. In the earlier years of col I would go to a couple of practices every year, and you kind of got a sense of what it was gonna be like, So I have the point being I haven't really seen Mark Pope coach a team yet, so I do think Ryan that would be interesting because you do learn about a coach based on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I used to say about Cow, people be like, oh, Cow.
Speaker 2: Doesn't coach, Well, you haven't been to practice, because he he would coach in practice.
Speaker 3: It'd be interesting to see Pope new ones too.
Speaker 5: I would love love to go to a practice sometimes because you hear like Jack Gibbons or Cameron Mills, those guys that go to practice a lot. They talk about how Mark is like always uplifting, always encouraging, always trying to push guys, you know, to be a better player. It's not a lot of screaming and hollering and getting on somebody. It's more support from coming from coach Pope.
Speaker 4: Also today, as he noted, they're practicing and Rough. I know for many years we wanted them to do that more often. Pope's done that. Uh he's got a press conference right after the show ends and instead of doing at the usual spot, you got to go to Rough to see it. So that's one thing I think he's we've bought. Every fan has wanted, you know, going back, maybe over decades, to do more practices there, and.
Speaker 6: He can't do it.
Speaker 3: I've never understood why we didn't do that shit.
Speaker 2: I mean, I you know, like every other team in the country, literally every other team in the country gets to practice in the arena they play it, unless you're Saint John's playing in Madison Square Garden. Pretty much everyone else practices. I mean Cameron fog Allen Field House, even the Dean Smith like, they practice there and we haven't been able to do that. So I'm glad that has started to become a team.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's nice to have that practice facility. But yeah, I mean if you're going to play there, I don't know why you wouldn't, Like, what's the argument against that.
Speaker 3: Well, they don't have acts, i mean roperena charges. Yeah, so I got sure. I'm sure you can.
Speaker 6: So they actually have to pay to practice at Rupperina.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean they may have done some sort of deal with them where they can now get it the day before, but generally speaking, you know, UK.
Speaker 3: Is that facility is owned by the city.
Speaker 2: The UK is like renting it somehow, So I'm sure that's why. I mean you couldn't have practiced their Thursday because of Blake Shelton concert.
Speaker 6: That's true, right, Yeah, But either way, even if you do have to pay, I think that would be money worth spent, worth worth spending. That was a Ryan Lemon worth spending.
Speaker 3: That is, that was money worth spend.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: When you have your money worth spent, how about using it in a high yield savings account.
Speaker 3: From UK Federal credit Well, tell me more, Matthew, about that transition.
Speaker 2: As high as four percent APY on your savings upgrade your piggy bank by and earning almost ten times the national average savings rate. Four percent APY from the Official Credit Union of the University of Kentucky. Annual percentage yield is four percent. Minimum one thousand dollars to open up the account. Membership eligibility required go to UKFCU dot org. Federally insured by n c U A. The UK women got a massive victory last night, the biggest in the history of school.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about it right after this. Look at that shit out.
Speaker 2: I love it with Alice blue gown helios.
Speaker 3: Appreciate yes, listen to that voice, that power.
Speaker 6: It is a little intense.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: Though that's what you want, well shitting the dude, nice job.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Alice Blue Gown Helios go downloaded a five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. By the way, So the KSRUH five dollars tickets, they now have it to where there's just a button on the front of the side.
Speaker 3: So you go to Lexing and Sporting dot com.
Speaker 2: There's a button that says KSR fans here, and that's how you can get your five dollars tickets.
Speaker 3: So if the if the.
Speaker 2: Code doesn't work, they just have a button for you to click right there on the first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked about we should pack this out for their home opener. You know, everybody here gets free. You can buy cheap tickets online, so pack it out.
Speaker 2: You get out here before noon, you can have the ticks start. So I asked them for are the teams that we play this year because we're in a new league, new teams. Are you ready? So I'm gonna give you the cities. You tell me your quick thought on these. These are now our rivals in the Lexington uh in the excuse me in the US.
Speaker 5: L Okay, I'm ready. Louisville City stink, smelly.
Speaker 2: Okay, I told you during the break, I'm gonna give you some things.
Speaker 3: Be careful what you said. And you already are telling smelly and stinky to a city where we have thousands.
Speaker 5: Of listeners for their soccer team.
Speaker 2: I'm not asking you about their team, I'm asking you about the city. Oh okay, because you don't know anything about any of these Okay, I'm gonna give you one read.
Speaker 3: Here you go, and it's a it's smelly and stinky.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not a Birmingham. I don't have to be made fun of. Just what do you know about these cities?
Speaker 5: Birmingham, it's in Alabama, it's state capitol, and I guess they in the middle of the state. Charleston, Charleston, West Virginia, and Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: South Carolina.
Speaker 5: Beautiful city. One of the most beautiful cities on the East coast.
Speaker 3: Colorado Springs play the Switchbacks.
Speaker 5: Been there, Air Force Academy, beautiful, right on the edge of the mountains.
Speaker 3: Detroit City FC.
Speaker 5: Gonna be cold if you go up there this time of year.
Speaker 3: Detroit Passo Locomotive.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's gonna be hot. We go down now past to Texas getting weather reports now.
Speaker 3: Our opening game against the Hartford Athletics.
Speaker 5: Hartford, they don't play soccer up there.
Speaker 3: They play hockey, so they don't. They lost their team.
Speaker 2: Oh damn, Leesburg Virginia Loudon United.
Speaker 3: I know absolutely nothing about Leeds even though where Leesburg, Virginia.
Speaker 5: Is it's in Virginia.
Speaker 3: Okay, terrible at this game.
Speaker 6: You'd be bad, but probably didn't say Darius Rutger for Charleston, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: You know drew the fifteenth region controversy.
Speaker 4: I don't, but I like controversial fifteenth region.
Speaker 2: The district tournaments are going on right now, so let me give you a little backdrop. I learned all this from a woman who made a TikTok video that I saw this morning while I was getting ready, and she talked for about forty five minutes about this. I liked your info, lady, but maybe make it a little shorter, But anyway, I wanted to hear it because it was fifteenth region, so apparently in every other region in the state. You have the district tournament, right, you play the first round games.
Speaker 3: If you lose, you're out. If you win the district you go.
Speaker 2: If you win or you play lose in the finals, you play in the region the next year.
Speaker 3: Right in the fifteenth region.
Speaker 2: I guess they've had some issues in the last few years where the favorites have gotten upset in the district first round. So now they have something where if you win the district, you make it, but then they have a bonus if you lose in the district, and everybody plays off against each other. It's like double elimination in the district. It's been very controversial in the fifteenth region. This woman who was on my TikTok very upset about it, like she talked to if she was very angry. So I guess they had a game between Betsy Lane and Preston. I didn't know Betsy Lane was still a school. I thought that had come Fall school, but Betsy Lane in Pressensburg.
Speaker 3: There's video of this online.
Speaker 2: I guess it's one of these playing games where a team had already lost and had to play again.
Speaker 3: There ends up being a little fight.
Speaker 2: The players are mad at each other and it culminates in the scorekeeper who's running the book, just flips off two of the players.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Now, wow, I don't know what led to it.
Speaker 2: I saw the video. The announcers were outraged. They're like, how does the.
Speaker 3: Guy run in the score flip off our player? And he was very angry. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 2: Then there was questions of can he be impartial when he's flipping off the players? But he is only running the score book.
Speaker 3: So what do you think of this?
Speaker 2: I've learned that the fifteenth region is a hot a cauldron of difficulty right now.
Speaker 5: Why I assume the scorekeeper was probably for the home team is not probably.
Speaker 2: Hard to tell. But I did see him flip the birds. Is that clearly was part of what happened.
Speaker 5: I'd say he's not gonna be invited back. I'd say he needs to look for another job. But during basketball season.
Speaker 2: How would you feel during the game Doug Shows just flipped off Jackson Robbins.
Speaker 6: I think that would be awesome. I'm encouraging that to happen. But we know if you do that a rapperena, you are not invited by shout out to blue coat Doug.
Speaker 4: This is this is pretty outrageous. I don't know everything the person keeping the book supposed to do, but I know one thing they shouldn't do, and that's go double birds to the amateurs playing sports in front of.
Speaker 6: Stone cult Steve Austin on a.
Speaker 2: High school kid. I want to know, though, what happened that made him that matter?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What could what could the high school kid have been so upset with the guy running the book score kid? He wasn't even like, he's not even doing the scoreclock. He's doing the book, which I thought, how could you even be mad at the guy doing.
Speaker 5: He They must have thought he screwed up the score, because you know, the official score not necessarily what's on the scoreboard, it's what's in his book.
Speaker 3: Well, he certainly thought he didn't based on the reaction.
Speaker 5: I wanted to hear the radio call because remember a couple of years ago, after we got six oh six, by god, I think that was the fifte The.
Speaker 2: Other sort of controversy is the fifteenth region tournament is always in a gym that's got like seven thousand people, and it's a neutral gym.
Speaker 3: Problem is they had the floods, FEMA is now using the gym.
Speaker 2: FEMA is operating at the gym, so they can't have it in the gym, and now there's a huge fight about where are you gonna play it. Everybody's like, well, I wanted it at my school, and I want it in my school. And apparently I don't know if they still know where they're gonna lik yet, And so that was part of what this woman was complaining about on TikTok too.
Speaker 4: Hope they don't fight too much over that. I mean, I think they should all understand unique circumstances there. Maybe do a random drawing or something.
Speaker 2: You can just kick FEMA out of the gym like they're doing some important work.
Speaker 6: Let's just take it to a city park and have an outdoor game, you know, just so well.
Speaker 3: Just fifteenth region, a lot of emotion. Who's next?
Speaker 6: Michael is up next?
Speaker 3: Michael? Go ahead, Michael.
Speaker 9: I feel like.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, well, Shannon's not in studio, so go ahead.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, okay. Hypothetically they're making all for you all. If the season ended the day, where do you all see any of our players that they're able to make the NBA draft or be drafted.
Speaker 3: I don't think any ways. Yeah, even when those of.
Speaker 2: Our guys are gonna get drafted, no, I mean, always is probably going to come back. So if he were to come back and then had like an amazing year.
Speaker 3: Maybe, but the.
Speaker 2: Only person on the team I think that has any chance of ever getting drafted is Brandon Garrison, but I doubt that happens at least unless he.
Speaker 3: Improves a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh way, there's a world where Oway came back. I appreciate the call average twenty points a game, and then was drafted the next year in the second round. But this is not drew a team of NBA players. It's just not No.
Speaker 4: Maybe a late second round someone takes a flyer on Kobe Bray, I thinking he's a lights out shooter, but I still worry his his defense just isn't quite up to speedch for making the NBA. Maybe Amari someone takes a chance, But none of them are really projected to be in that conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I they just all they all have a weakness that I think makes it very difficult to play in the NBA. Oway and Garrison I think have the athleticism, but.
Speaker 3: I just would be surprised.
Speaker 9: Shot.
Speaker 2: That's why if he comes back and he like starts shooting threes like Jackson Robinson, then maybe there's a world where he plays in the NBA. We'll take a break, come back. I remember two. This is Kentucky Sports Radio.