Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty arm Strong, and Jacket and he Armstrong and Yetty. I did see some MSNBC hosts last night calling it the f around and find out election result, which I can see if you don't like Trump, is kind of a funny one. I couldn't hear you. What Hello, who fked around and found out America? The voters America. The lefty view was, oh, stop it. Well, I'm comfortable with the results. I'm happy with the results. It will be interesting to see who Trump picks to be around him this time around. I was thinking about this with Elon too. There aren't many examples of relationships Trump's had with people that didn't at some point turn sour and then he incredibly bad mounts him. I mean, there are many examples of that true. In fact, can you think of any of his great character flaws him? Can you think of any I can't think of any right now outside the family. Outside of his own family, people that were with him he liked, and then when things went sour, he really really really bad mouths them, like in the worst way and I mean, he's done that with a ton of people. But anyway, I'll be interested to see who he puts around him. Is Tucker Carlson gonna be Secretary of State, Steve Badden Secretary Defense? I don't know. Wow, that would be uh surprising And good lord, although our pledge to you and you know him in it, if he does stupid stuff, will say, hey, that was stupid. I am and those of you who ate that. Sorry. I'm way more optimistic about a Trump second term than I was the first term. Actually, I think I think the reception of the media to this election is so much better than last time around. They're taking it as real and America has spoken and blah blah blah, he's the president. That's not the way it was in twenty sixteen. It was seen as a joke and something went wrong and we'll figure it out soon and he won't be president. But I mean, this is crazy. That's not the way he's been taking this time around. He's a Russian agent. It's illegitimate. The race did and then the way it did, and then four years later, when Trump was in a complete a hole about losing an election, they were just a gas at election denial. I swear I don't know how to even deal with these people, speaking of which she makes it clear later in the clip. But this woman is a professional political analyst. I do not know her name. And this was posted at five pm election night. Listen to this, would you?
Speaker 2: Okay, So we're closing in on almost five pm Eastern time, and I've been trucking everything that's been going on across the country today.
Speaker 3: And my most.
Speaker 4: Important encounter was when I went out to get my champagne. I was talking to the guy in the store, of course, asking him did he vote, and he said he did early voting, and he asked me if I early voted, and he asked me.
Speaker 1: You know why I was.
Speaker 2: Getting the champagne, and I said, because I'm going to be toasting Madam President tonight. And he just looked at me with kind of like a smirk on his face, and I said, you know she's going to win this, right He said, oh, well, it's very very close. And I said, no, it's not. He says, well, what do you mean. I said, no, it's not. The women of America are making their voices heard. Reproductive rights is what it all comes down to, and the women are voting in numbers relative to men that are unbelievable. She's won this. And I said to him, she's going to take every one of the swing states plus o TuS Iowa. And he said, oh, but the numbers are so close. I said, I'm a political analyst. I'm telling you right now, the numbers are there. She's taking this election.
Speaker 5: I've said to.
Speaker 2: Him, you realized, And he didn't tell me who he voted for, but of course I knew, and I said, you do realize you wasted.
Speaker 1: Your vote, right, And I didn't care.
Speaker 4: I walked out with my bottle of champagne and happily walked home, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. So that that wasn't that, It's the end. So where was he she getting her information? She's a political analyst, stupid idiot. And I wonder where she was getting her info, because we did. We talked about how, like Drudge's headline yesterday, was world shocked by trump reelection? Why? Why was anybody shocked? I saw so many headlines of the shocking. It is shocking. The overall arc of the story is beyond shocking. I mean, it's the most amazing thing ever that Trump has come back and president again. But in terms of the result on Tuesday night, after months of the election being tied, and every Polster in America saying it's a coin flip, how can you be shocked by a coin flip? That makes you crazy? I did see some speculation about, well, if turnout among women is acts, and they often turn out more than men, blah blah blah. But to have that sort of like smug, contemptuous certainty of it, I mean, that says more about her character than about the statistics. I can't remember which of the great thinkers it was who said, when you lose the capacity to say I might be wrong, you've lost your humanity, and she clearly has, as have so many people. My favorite piece I read was a column in the New York Times last night, how should we talk to our kids to ourselves about America? And this person discussed how they have a three year old girl and they were watching the election results, and they were waiting till it was called for Kamala Harris, and they were gonna go up and they were gonna wake up their three year old, but they're gonna hold her hand while she was sleeping, and saying, a woman has just become president. But then when it turned out what happened, what happened. I'm on the edge of my seat when it turned out Trump won. This soft headed, simpering, overly emotional but has a job writing for The New York Times, which is one of the coolest jobs in the world. As a writer, went up and held the hand of his sleeping three year old girl and cried softly and said, I will protect you from this. That's what he wrote in The New York Times. He could have said, it's significantly less likely you'll be raped by a Venezuelan gang member. Could have said that to her, could have said, your dad is a soft head who's gonna raise you in a like distorted view of reality, so good luck to you. I could have said that all right. I could have said, you practically do have two mommies. Well that's not fair. Funny but not fair. Who are you people?
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 1: I I swear if Kamala had won in a landslide, and I thought, wow, that's what America wants. I don't know that's about it, just how yeah, yeah, her pitch succeeded with a hell of a lot of people. I'll be damned. I really. It's been said that the most terrifying journey you could ever take is into somebody else's mind. And I really I mean that guy for instance. I suspect very strongly that he is just the sort of person who is ruled by his emotions and enjoys the sensation of being afraid because then he can bond to other people and they can be afraid together, and that feels good, and it must feel like really really crazy good or something, or they've never had any real other than that, so they don't even understand what they're doing. But I am honestly mystified at their inability to assess a loss and try to come up with an explanation for it that might well include them having been wrong or misperceived the electorate. And I don't mean a yeah, I misperceived. I thought they were only kind of racists. Turns out there just about the country of klansmen. Just good luck, y'all. Good luck. Life is hard with a grasp of reality. I can't imagine it is how difficult it is when all you see are fairies and unicorns dancing around your head and scary evil demons as well. Yeah, I don't imaginary klansmen haunt your dreams. Uh. I'll be interested to see how this shakes out over time. Oh, my lord, No breaking news California. Gavin Newsom calls special legislative session to quote protect California values. What. I don't know, but I'm sure it's idiotic. Wow, talk about you know, the very sort of people we were discussing. Wow, California was a purple state not long ago, the war in Iraq and in a huge wave of Hispanic people who bought the enforcing the border as racist thing. How long will it last?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: I just saw that Iran's currency has hit a low over concerns about the Trump presidency. I do think we are about to era, return to an era where our ad was are more worried about us escalating than us constantly being worried about them escalating. I think that is pretty much guaranteed to be true, one hundred percent. And I love that. I was talking to one of my kids who who tends to vote the other way, which is fine. Again, I'm not offended or hurt by that. Thanksgiving Oh absolutely not.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: They can eat outside on the porch in the gold but they had Uh, and and many people have this view of Trump that he's crazy and belligerent and warmonger or whatever because he's crazy belligerent. Well, oh yeah, he's those things. But if I could teach one thing, if I could teach like a foreign relations class or something in a college, there'd be one lesson weakness Invites Aggression, I would say, class number one. That will be on the test. In fact, that's the hire test. I'll see at finals. Go get laid or drink beer or whatever y'all do these days. We're done play video games, right exactly, except I'd make them come to class, and they'd come to class the next time, and I'd say weakness invites aggression. We're through here, and then the next Tuesday they have to show up again. That's interesting. That's an interesting idea actually of teaching a class, because there are a number of classes where there is one overpowering thing you should know, and if it gets lost in all the other stuff, then you wasted your time. Yeah, I took I think I took like one class on the law in my whole college career. But the guy said, like every class period you can settle at any time, And he said it every class period and it did stick in my head. And if you're ever any centered sort of situation, you can settle it anytime, which was his point. Yeah, I have the details. Presidential candidate. Governor Gavin Newsom, I put in the presidential candidate part. Today issued a proclamation convening a special session of the California Legislature to safeguard California values and fundamental rights in the face of an incoming Trump administrative That's all crap you nailed at the beginning, though. I heard somebody say yesterday because Pete Buddha Jeedg is given a speech either today or tomorrow, and they said, that's the first shot fired across the bow of the twenty twenty eight primaries. This is Gavin Newsom heard that, WHOA, Pete's in already, they're already talking about Pete. He announces this, This gets attention. That's absolutely one hundred percent what this is. This is the first shot from Gavin Newsom of I'm going to be the nominee in twenty eight. The special session will focus on both string California legal resources to protect civil rights now if you want a productive freedom, climate action and immigrant families now if you want to hold us both down, sit in our chest and pluck out our eyes with spoons. For bringing up for bringing up the twenty eight primaries already, I don't think we'd be getting off light. I want your side on this, but I think that's absolutely what this is. Well, that's interesting. Enjoy that, Democrats. I'm not paying attention to it for at least a couple of years. This is the first of several actions by the newsomb administration in partnership with the legislature, as the governor begins shoring up California's defenses against an incoming federal administration that has threatened the state on multiple foots. He wants to plant his flag as the leader of the resistance. You're gonna be hearing a lot about that. Gonna be constantly tweeting, texting, and speech to find about Trump as he becomes the resistance. Oh my god, that's gonna be tiring. Which the history of planting his flag.
Speaker 5: Hum, wow, We're all human. We all fall short sometimes.
Speaker 1: I know I do more on the way. Stay here. The country's a little bit tipsy. Tetra elections. Why are young men turning toward or away from really there's a difference between toward and away from Why are young men turning away from the Democratic Party? Great piece by this Australian guy that I just came across. Maybe we'll read that Coming to the bottom kind of fits in with what I know, the way my kids feel, my two boys an Aussie. That's interesting. So Judy and I were kicking around last night doing our thing and I came across an article on the Internet that amused the heck out of me. What does that mean? You're saying you and your wife doing your thing? You're talking what we're up to specifically, has nothing to do with the story and would merely bog us down like you just did. I didn't know if you met beast with two backs or I don't know what you meant. Yeah, we were having sex and I was looking at the Internet and said, hey, honey, anyway, So the headline is forty escaped primates from South Carolina Facility Scientific Facility something like that, and why Monkey's got forty forty primates was the headline. And I'm like, well, are they human beings? Are they eight hundred pound lowland gorillas? Are they tiny little cakes? I mean that this factor's in. You got like eighty full sized mountain gorillas rolling around South Carolina, run for your efing life, or if eighty Homo sapiens escaped, you got to ask why did you have them locked up in the first place? What are you doing two of them? Exactly? No, But it turns out it's forty three little my caqus who are part of a some sort of research facility, young females, and they're trying to entice them with food at this point. But if the people of the Carolinas have been terrified by this story, I'd like to update you and let you know it'll be fine. They're like six to seven pound little female monkeys. I'd be pretty shocked if I saw a monkey in my neighborhood though, where you don't normally see monkeys. Oh, there aren't many neighborhoods in America where you normally do see monkeys. Oh, there aren't.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to a zoom not terribly long ago when we were visiting our daughter, and uh, I could stand there and observe those big old silver back gorillas, the big eight hundred pounds, you know, the mountain gorillas, lowland gorillas. I think they're called. I could watch them all day. The awesome power of those things. I mean, they would tear you in the half and not break a sweat. Thank god, they don't have like super intelligence, or you'd end up well yet with a Planet of the Apes, well you you probably haven't seen any of the newest Planet of the Apes movies, but they are really good, so it gives you a pretty good idea of what it'd be like.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw it like the very dawn of the New Ones, I think where they take over San Francisco. Yeah, yeah, but I haven't seen the last couple of which actually is an improvement for the way it looks now less less crap in the streets. Yeah, ironic monkeys are more discreet. They're not doing drugs. They're riding around on horses and slaving humanity, but at least they're not doing drugs. So a young male journalist with why young males are turning away from the Democratic Party in a way that they haven't before. I think you'll recognize it. Armstrong and getty. I do know some people that are pretty far out there on the right, but man, not near as many of the I don't know how I'm gonna go on if Kamala had won, I don't know how I'm gonna make it through the day. How many people do you know like that on the right that would not have been able to go to work or school, or don't know how they're gonna function or need to be held or whatever. It just seems like it's a thing of the left to that point. Here's Jimmy Kimmel on his TV show last night. He breaks down, can barely keep it together emotionally over this fanciful view of how awful things are. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest. It was a terrible night last night. It was a terrible night for women, for children, for the hundred of thousands of hard working immigrants who make this country go, for healthcare, for our climate, for science, for journalism, for justice.
Speaker 1: For free speech.
Speaker 3: It was a terrible knight for poor people, for the middle class, for seniors to reliance, social security, for our allies in Ukraine, for NATO, for the truth and democracy and decency. And it was a terrible knight for everyone who voted against him. And guess what, it is a bad knight for everyone who voted for him too. You just don't realize it yet.
Speaker 1: And Mica because they're so stupid. It is a bad night for the National Football League and for turtles and for slurpees for turtles. What the hell? And he keeps breaking down the crowd. Yo, you're so brave, Jimmy, Oh lord, what are you talking about? What in the hell are you talking about? The women? One is because you think abortion is going to be taken away? The kids? One, I guess is because you think trans kids won't be able to get their operations anymore. What Yeah, poor confused adolescent girls won't get their breasts cut off anymore. That is a tragedy hard working immigrants. I'm thinking it's because of the deportations, but the majority of Hispanic males voted for Trump, so try a new LA one through, and huge majorities of the American people want illegals, particularly those who commit crimes, to be deported. For journalism, you really believe the journalism was better and more fair and gave you more truth on the left than on the right through this really wow? Wow, what are you freaking talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How do you even reel in somebody that out there to even have a conversation with them, so I got to send a couple of things in the last five minutes. These are posts from college professors. This one is that the University of Tennessee. I'll read that one second. I'll read this one from California, a University of California campus from this professor. Dear all, I understand that things do look very bleak today, and I hope you're holding up. Okay, yim, I'm doing fine, O her fine. Thanks. As Stephen Thrasher wrote during election night eight years ago, now is the time to hold tight to the ones we love, please, because all we've got is each other. I believe the best way to resist the toxic rhetoric from the top of the winning ticket is by practicing kindness, tolerance, and support in our everyday interactions and to build strong networks of solidarity for what it is worth. From someone who is older and has lived in a very repressive dictatorship, Wow, so you came from another country through repressive dictatorship and you're still buying all this crap. Last night was a massive backlash, no doubt, but progressivism, progressivism, tolerance, finess, feminism, anti racism, environmentalism, etc. Are not defeated we will weather the next four years, and ultimately we will be okay, especially if we take care of each other. Mike, anti racism, that's the modern racism. Yep, he didn't cancel classes, though. My courses will meet today and tomorrow. We will take it easy and watch a movie that is on our syllabus. Consider bringing snacks to share. See you all soon. Oh and this at the end. This is great, considering the circumstances. I will grade your revised second essays generously. Some of them give you easier grades because you're so traumatized by the election results. This one's even better, though. This is from the University of Tennessee. No class today from this woman. Dear students, I'm canceling class today to grieve the presidential election results. As a queer immigrant woman of color, I cannot in good conscience go on about my day like everything is all right. This is a major historical event that we are witnessing. I hope you take this time to take care of yourself. Hey, ca Cuckoo, when you're just fine in two years, will you come on the air with us and say, you know what I was wrong? Everything's fine, I'm great. I'm still doing what I was doing. Nobody cares that I'm a and she is like the intersectional queen of the universe, a queer immigrant woman of color. Wow. So gay marriage still exists and women can still get abortions, and they didn't deport anybody other than illegals. And I guess none of that stuff I was worried about happened, So never mind. Anyway, Her last paragraph is a good one, having said that, please know that, no matter your political beliefs, you're welcome in my class and won't be discriminated ast Oh, okay, Having just describe how it's a horror so awful that you can't even work today, then you say, but if you voted for him, you know it's perfectly fine. I won't hold any grudge against you, Okay, And that's unbelievable. I don't even know what to think of you people. You're crazy? Do you realize you're crazy? Jimmy Kimmel, You're nuts. You are so badly misperceiving reality. It has led you down a road of madness. He delighted to talk to you about it.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: And then this this is from a guy I don't know, journalist in Australia. Dude, Nobody on the left knows how to speak to young men because every five seconds this has had why so many young men voted for Trump and are moving away from the Democratic Party where the younger people used to all flock to the Democrats. Nobody on the left knows how to speak to young men because every five seconds at a leftist meeting you have to either do a land acknowledgment, or go around in a circle and pay homage to the power of queer joy or some crap. He actually says, yes, it's brief. I know this because I used to be a socialist and this is how all these organizations act. I saw all this with my own eyes. You have to literally be self flagellating to be in the left as a young man these days, and this is probably the understanding and ext experience in perspective of ninety percent of young men. The feeling is that you have to always constantly apologize for effing existing and just the crime of being born. And this is why the right is so effective at hoovering all these people up, because the experience of constant self flagellation and self criticism is effing exhausting and annoying, and nobody wants to wake up every day feeling like they are an s person just for the crime of being born like that. Amen to that, he also goes on, we have to fix this because I hate watching young guys fall into the Andrew Tait masculinity, and then he goes through a couple of examples of that. Because they got nowhere to turn to, They're going to these like super over the top extremist weirdos just to find somebody that's you know, appealing to them and not criticizeag Yeah, not criticizing them for being a man. This is an existential threat for the Left and even an existential threat for humanity itself, because the end result if we don't fix these gender warfare dynamics is South Korea style gender hyper war and a total fertility rate of point four and humanity just gets wiped out. That is absolutely I mean, that is absolutely true on the left, if you're going to continue to make males feel bad about even being born, you're not gonna win a lot of elections or ever get that crowd. My heart bleeds for the little boys in public schools or are continually treated as if their maleness is a defect. I know, it's horrorbies, it's horror energy. They're boundless. Energy is a misbehavior. Oh, I just you want to get me going?
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: I came across some schoolwork the other day and my uh, my son is homeschooled. But so much of the teaching material out there is put out there by publishing companies that are so left I mean, you really have to work at getting the right stuff. But anyway, this particular thing was all about how women can be doctors. Yeah, no freaking kidding. At the point in my life when somebody says the doctor will see you, I assume it's going to be a woman. I'm surprised if it's a man. So what are you? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You won?
Speaker 1: Wow? That's just again a head scratcher. What wow?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: I thought I would feel differently after the election. I thought there would be at the very least fairly widespread recognition to some of the simple realities of the thing, which is that Kamala Harris was a weak candidate, always was weak candidate. Is that putting out before hapes? You all rejected her, as I said, like a rabbit raccoon when she was in the primary. Was that sexism and racism when you did that? Well, I haven't know. Okay, Well, then when the same thing happened the presidential election, why is your explanation completely different? That is funny that that has never really been put to anybody. Your party rejected her when she ran before, not like right wingers your own party, like the most active people in your party. Primary voters said no to her before she even got to the first contest. So wow, how is it shocking that she got rejected by a larger group of people? And it's become a so oft observed fact. It's a truism. It's working his way toward being a cliche that when Kamala Harris on the View then Colbert was it Colbert or Kimmel, it doesn't matter. Could not say how she would be different than the extremely unpopular Biden administration. That that was one of the most pivotal political moments in any campaign. I mean, that is so widely discussed right now, there's no point in bringing it up. Everybody knows it. But as I was reading the long yeah, top tier editorial writer, editorial writers of the Washington Post dialogue about what happened? How did we get this result that didn't come up. I haven't seen any criticism of Kamala Harris as a candidate from the left at all. Maybe that's coming. I don't know. But I have seen more than I have ever seen before and more than I expected of people saying we have democrats have gone too far down the road of progressiveness in the culture wars. I have seen a fair amount of that. Yes, yeah, yeah, your old school liberals are finally finding the courage or the cover to stand up and say, hey, y'all, all that stuff is madness, which, by the way, is the way you win the political arguments. That's when you've won. That's a good Other side of it would be on gay marriage, where you know, if you're old enough to remember this whole back discussion in America, it got to the point to where Republicans realized we got to stop being anti gay marriage. It's just a losing issue. I mean, we just can't be I mean, you stop talking about it. And hopefully that's going to start on the left with the you know, boys playing girls, sports are all kinds of different things, where they realize this is we're gonna lose. We nobody wants to hear this, or not enough people want to hear this, right right, Our academic left wing is just completely wildly out of touch with Americans. That LATINX and herstory, Herkstreet and that sort of stuff is insane, absolutely insane. I loved that paper we talked about yesterday. I think it was ear the other day where a Harvard professor did yet another story that showed that no Latinos want LATINX men women, nobody. Everybody thinks it's stupid, and it's white people lecturing brown people on how to refer to themselves. And the professor's conclusion, if you didn't hear the conversation, was that we need shame brown people into accepting this because they're race, because they're sexist. So we just haven't done enough work shaming the stupid brown people. This is your white elite academia. I seriously hunger for the day that is over. But they are there by the millions, your college campuses, your high schools, your middle schools, and elementary schools. I did a tiny little focus group yesterday of just a handful of people who were happy Trump won, said a couple of things I thought were interesting. Maybe I'll squeeze those in. We will finish strong, stay tuned. Shot.
Speaker 5: A few weeks ago, three weeks ago, somebody who's going to be voting for Kamala Harris came up to me and said, oh my god, Trump's going to win. I go, why is that?
Speaker 1: He goes?
Speaker 5: I just I went to the grocery store. Butter's over three dollars. I kind of laughed and I said, I said, well, that's kind of reductive, isn't I said it to my him. I smile and I said, good point.
Speaker 1: But it actually what.
Speaker 5: Everything we're hearing after the election is.
Speaker 1: I'm the seven what's at the seven dollars?
Speaker 5: Butter is seven dollars? Yeah? What he's it framed in gold? Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway from where you go?
Speaker 5: Okay, well yeah, okay, it looks anyway interesting.
Speaker 1: Mica brasil what Mica Brazilski apparently actually does the grocery store shopping in their household. That's something. But yeah, she said seven dollars, like depending on where you go, but lots of places and the reason for this, what I'm about to tell you is racism. In twenty twenty, Biden won Tim Wallace's home county fifty one forty six, four and a half points. Trump just won that county bye point and a half because of racism. Okay, Tim Walls lost his own time the seven dollars. But Charlemagne the God, it's tha Charlemagne, that god admits Trump speaks to people's grievances better than Democrats. Yeah. I was just reading a piece in the New York Post about how on the economy is what it is and people are paying what they are being sung to by superstars and everything like that is just not the thing, and uh and they they wrote, I thought it was pretty good. Kamala Harris did win. With everyone who's ever attended a vanity fair after Oscars party?
Speaker 6: Yeah, look for the bairncessities, the simple fair necessities like final thoughts to and an other show. I mean the bairncessity mother age recipes, like final thoughts.
Speaker 1: From our host Jack and Joe. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody, Michael. Keep in mind, my final thought is going to be clip number seventy one. Get it ready, please, But what's your final thought? M Dog all I can think about is we have a lot of really really weak people out there.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but the election doesn't affect me that much emotionally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, weffing up, buttercup. Let's get a final thought from our esteemed newswoman, Katie Green. Katie final thought along that line, I appreciate a man who's in touch with his emotions, but Jimmy Kimmel is a woosy. But it starts with p Yeah, no kidding, Jack. Final thought. I was explaining that to my kids. It's it's pretty simple. If you're a person of the left, you want government to be in all parts of your life and be in charge of everything. And you see the president is the leader of your family and all this crap. And if you're on the right, you don't. You want as little government as possible. You want to never hear about it, so of course you react differently. My final thought, these are the cadets at the Virginia Military Institute, the legendary v m I. Let's go. That's the dorms at v m I on election night when the elect and the anast was made. Wow, that means something. All. They don't need a long cry when things don't go their way. Those kids almost entirely young men. Yep, I'm strong. You get you. Wrapping up another grouling, grueling, four hour workday. We'll see tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and get you. This is a message for the people of America.
Speaker 5: Only when it is dark enough can you see the stars? We're gonna be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, is anyone else humping a meltdown that we're gonna f around and find out? Bye bye, Armstrong and Getty