Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome back everybody into another episode to look back at this podcast where we pick a year, pack it and have a good time.
Speaker 3: I'm your host, Sam Jay, and we had a we had a time last night, and I don't like how you're behaving.
Speaker 1: I will say, you are we doing this? Yeah, because it's you know, like way before I care. I noticed a lot of us talking about being late and being on time, but I met with this energy as if I didn't pull up.
Speaker 2: The only reason that your time is because you have early to go get some cop if you that's the only reason we were all hanging out.
Speaker 1: My business. We were all we were all hanging out, and you're delivering my business inaccurately because.
Speaker 3: It's because you were.
Speaker 2: You were being a little shady like and that's that's hers.
Speaker 3: You're being a little shady and I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, just you know you're dealing them with your hair and the dog. Wow, starting this afternoon, good morning, let's just say that good morning, good morning at two o'clock in the afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's fine, it's morning somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, you the one came in here requesting modella like an old uncle.
Speaker 2: Listen, I had to get my life back on track. I had to get my life back on track. You know, I'm trying to get my papers, got custody, your kids, get.
Speaker 3: My papers together, and try to get my life back in order.
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it? Do you feel you're in the process of getting.
Speaker 2: It back in order right now? We're gonna have to We're gonna have to give it some money.
Speaker 1: I mean, is gonna have the driving force of the momentum of this show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Today's guests, Yes, uh, this is This has been like.
Speaker 3: The week of the Homies.
Speaker 2: I feel like, Yeah, today's guest is a friend of mine. He's also my jeweler. But he's more than a jeweler, I would saying. An artist for sure, has created some of the dopest pieces we've seen.
Speaker 3: In the game.
Speaker 2: Just an overall creative philanthropists of sorts, business owner and just all around cool fucking hand. Give it up for Greg.
Speaker 1: You know, thank you, thank you? Question looking Cam? Yeah, Yeah, I'm glad I got dressed you. Yeah you look good. Yeah, what's going on? Yeah, we're very excited to discuss the year that you've chosen to speak to us about, which was two thousand and two.
Speaker 2: Also, I would just like to point out before we get into two thousand and two, Greg's also just like a mystery man, like he just be places like his his Instagram is very like he'll just be like on a helicopter and then he'll just be like landing in a field and there'll be like four porsches around him and he'll be like Tuesday, and it's like you don't know why he's there, how he got there, or what his connection is to any of it, but he just he just he just be placed.
Speaker 1: Explain yourself. I have a lot of close friends, some papers. Yeah, and that always helps. That's that as your description?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I just I just wanted to give a little more context. Sure, you know, before we get into this year. The year you picked two thousand and two.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one, two thousand and two, like that, in that in that space. But it works, it.
Speaker 3: Works well, Greg, all our paperworkers for two thousand works.
Speaker 1: That works. So that's all you can.
Speaker 3: You can go wherever you want to go, look back at it.
Speaker 2: We're not we're not straight not hold well, I guess we will start how we always start, which is like give us some insight into like who you are in two thousand and two, How old are you, what are you doing, where are you living?
Speaker 3: Like what is life like for Greg Youna in two thousand and.
Speaker 1: Two, two thousand and two, I was twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, Oh baby, still right, twenty.
Speaker 4: Two years old. I just got a couple of bucks. Have my mom sign a lease on a BMW for me. I'm very excited fifty cent came out with his.
Speaker 3: Album This is all sounding very Queens, that's.
Speaker 4: Queen's very and me and me, me being from Queens. You know, we haven't had that kind of excitement in a long term.
Speaker 1: What did what did fifty cent in the establishment of G unit to do for you twenty two years old in Queens at that time?
Speaker 4: It was just that he brought to back that energy, you know, it was it was a lot of drama in the game.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like a song Barbera.
Speaker 3: You know we're talking Get Richard, We're talking.
Speaker 4: Get Richard's that time we're talking about when when eminem signed mm hmm, all the drama, all the drama was going on and made music good again. We haven't heard anything like that, you know since Big and died and it was just like that. That was the last time we had that excitement I feel in hip hop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know there to be a song like in the Club that still gets me going the way in the club, Like I don't care where I am if I hear that song, I'm like, I'm like, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but my shoulders are doing I.
Speaker 2: Heard my hair right now, just like Auntie.
Speaker 1: I think In the Club was made to bring out the Auntie and most people he was doing when he was Anti.
Speaker 3: Yes, they don't got to do much.
Speaker 1: I like, I like more of the hardship. But yeah, of course, we just.
Speaker 3: We do need to clarify.
Speaker 1: The get.
Speaker 3: Came out February sixth, two thousand and three.
Speaker 2: Oh so so two thousand and three three, maybe.
Speaker 3: You had the advanced copy? Yeah, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 4: That's also you know, it's it's a blurry. It was a blurry time for me. You know, I'm still a kid.
Speaker 3: We we we we're.
Speaker 1: Going through it. Also as a country, we were going through it.
Speaker 2: So I give it to you. I just want to be accurate for the for the bar, it was a blur. I don't want to get cussed out in the comments.
Speaker 1: Later cursed out. Regardless, we have yet to get cussed out. So yeah, we're trying.
Speaker 3: To two.
Speaker 1: Thousand and one to two thousand and three, let's call it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It was a It was an incredible time for for me, I believe, you know, just being young and.
Speaker 1: Queens twenty two, twenty three.
Speaker 4: I just remember just being in the car, listening to the stuff, meeting up with my friends, just pulling up to the mall, you know.
Speaker 1: Driving to the city. Free, how do you have money? Drink?
Speaker 4: You could drink At that time, I was, I was. I was working for my cousin who a mortgage company.
Speaker 1: I was, I was mortgage processor.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, so I was in there like this family business, family business.
Speaker 3: Keeping it, keeping it, keeping it, keeping it, keeping it.
Speaker 4: Dowish, boring job, boring job. But I had a good time then, you know. It was it was the first time as a as a as a young adult that I was getting a couple of dollars that you know that what substantial.
Speaker 3: Are you in a serious relationship but you're just you're just fucking off, You're just having fun. Are you with somebody? Are you are you with somebody in your.
Speaker 1: Cheating, Why why do you do this? What's your problem?
Speaker 4: We're getting back then, okay, okay, back then I.
Speaker 1: Was I was like, what are you doing this?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: What's your problem? I'm trying to keep things private. Back then that was the whole house. Yeah, yeah, trifling one. Whoah, you know I was. I was living that life. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was young and dumb and I didn't have I didn't want I didn't have any accountability. You know, I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't understand what I was doing to people. I was just living my life.
Speaker 1: Being selfish at the time, you know, okay, and not proud of it. But I had a good time.
Speaker 3: What kind of chicks are as a Spanish swimming black woman.
Speaker 1: I didn't discriminate all over.
Speaker 2: Just sexy okay, yeah, just sexy ladies, sexy ladies.
Speaker 1: But you know, it was just a young time to be dumb and irresponsible. Yeah. What was the vibe black in New York City? You know, we're twenty two at this time. Fuck, how would you describe the feeling?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What kind of were you? Were you club? Were you a club? I was both bar and club? Yeah at that age.
Speaker 4: You know, anyway, where they let us in anyway, we had a little bit of a plug, yeah, you know, and then we took advantage of that put right. So was there any like was there any like outside of like the fifty center of it all? Who or who else were you listening to? I mean always Jay, you know the guys X DMX know he's not don't talk about him enough X we don't. We don't talk about DMX enough.
Speaker 1: But that's ninety eight nine and nine.
Speaker 3: What in what context?
Speaker 1: I just feel like he's left out a lot and a lot of conversations and it comes like hip hop was like.
Speaker 3: What don't get brought up? And like greats get brought up here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bring up. I feel like I don't hear him on.
Speaker 4: He brought that energy right after Big died and all that. Yeah, we were still as kids. We were still mourning him.
Speaker 1: Uh and we love Park too. We loved Big Park.
Speaker 4: But it was just it was but us being from New York, it was just like all right, you know, and it was at that time it was an East and West coast.
Speaker 1: It was a it was a thing. So you had to pick a sage. I was kind of of the mind. I don't know, I guess I kind of always thought that only people from Brooklyn had that like sort of attachment to Biggie in that way. You know, I didn't really, I guess it didn't really. I didn't realize it until later on that people from Queens and people from Harlem all shared an equal amount of pride in Biggie.
Speaker 4: Back then, as kids are from Queens of Brooklyn, there was always that borough exactly right. As right as you you become a fan of New York, of New York, I'm a fan of New York, right right, right, And I didn't realize it was yeah, yeah, that's you know, let's tribalize.
Speaker 1: I like that, right, But also like I live in Brooklyn now. I love Brooklyn. Yeah, it's a New York.
Speaker 3: No one loves Brooklyn.
Speaker 1: I love Brooklyn. I enjoy it certain parts. You know.
Speaker 4: I can't believe how bad it that New York is. To like leave New York and try to live somewhere else, it's tough. Yeah, it's like not happening for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you've never lived anywhere else.
Speaker 1: This is the central nervous system of the world. Who do you want to go anywhere else? Really? Like, if you're from here. I need to be simulated at all times. Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a problem.
Speaker 1: Went to Chattan, New York Like, you'd be like, what the fuck? Where's the where? Where is everybody? Where's everything? Unless I'm locked in? I have the attention span of a goldfish like fast. So how was the pandemic for you? I actually had one of the best times in the pandemic best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I'm twenty two years but it was just I mean, that was probably the best time in my life when pandemic pandemic.
Speaker 1: I was able to be a kid again. No bills, no. I called everyone.
Speaker 4: That I had to pay monthly, like I called car company, cell phone company, my building. I was like, listen, we're about to love humanity is about to be over. Yeah, so until we get back, I can't pay anything. Everyone's like okay, So they rolled those payments into the back when it was done, which is fine. But during the pandemic, I didn't spend a dollar on anything except airbnbs.
Speaker 3: That's kind of that's such a white thing to do.
Speaker 2: I never I could call why we pay I was paying bills.
Speaker 1: I had no idea knowing you were about to die.
Speaker 3: I couldn't made.
Speaker 1: My mom was like just call well.
Speaker 3: I was like, get jesus man, I think my whole family was baying bills.
Speaker 1: I was still paid, but just you were like, I didn't know you.
Speaker 3: Could back end it. I just I just never when.
Speaker 1: You frame it like that. He was like, Hey, we might all be dying, so why would I give you money.
Speaker 4: Mom, She's like, call your car company, tell them this is what's going on, and if they could, you know, you know, just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure we all live before we start taking money again. Thank you.
Speaker 1: I have a question for you, So what do you do based on like how lit you are at twenty two in New York City two or three? What do you think the twenty two year olds of New York City today? Do you think they have a better or worse experience the way you've had?
Speaker 3: Way to put the pod on track out.
Speaker 1: Every episode, I try to ask a cool question, and I'm always giving this as if like a five year old asking a question.
Speaker 2: I'm always like, I was like, I don't know how we're going to get this one together, and I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Do you see do you see that a difference in like night life culture? And like, you know, the music changing. What how do you describe I don't think the kids are drinking this. They're not n you know, they're not drinking like that. Also like where are they and where where they're from? Where are they? A lot of my transplants, a lot of them are not going out. But you know, I don't also fully accept that they're not going out because you you go to certain places, you know, in Lower east Side, Manhattan area or whatever, and there's lines there's like line.
Speaker 2: Go out to be dirty and smell bad. It's like they don't. They don't go out get fresh and like bottle. Like whenever you're in like Lower east Side, it's smelly over there. Everybody where you go, everybody, it's so smelly.
Speaker 3: They dirty. Those parties in Brooklyn all stink. I don't know, not one of them Brooklyn parties that don't fuck the smell bad.
Speaker 2: Every time one of our friends, I'm not gonna ruin his fan base is out there DJing and he's like telling him, like it's going to smell awful in there.
Speaker 1: I always have fun.
Speaker 2: Those those poppy parties, they smell the poppy.
Speaker 1: Like ass listen, listen, hey, hey, well we were not we're not smelling for We're not gonna do it. Slander the good name of poppies, used parties. Okay, I've had a good time.
Speaker 3: Do they not? Do they not stink?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: These kids smell bad. They don't want to really buy drinks. They're not really out to do it.
Speaker 1: Has a good thing. You don't want.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: Because they're all on ketamine and ship. They're yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 3: On like the bad drugs and not on cocaine. They're not on like upper and fun Ship.
Speaker 1: They're on just like the.
Speaker 3: Catchment drugs.
Speaker 1: I don't know we were while growing up, you know, we were having a good time.
Speaker 3: They're fucking less.
Speaker 1: Were fucking less.
Speaker 3: That's reported. These kids are not.
Speaker 1: Fucking so, So what is your ps these kids start doing? Are you twenty year old fans that.
Speaker 2: I watched start fucking start doing cocaine? You're ruining society.
Speaker 1: Young twenties, young twenties. Auntie Sam, Auntie Sam only speaks for Auntie SAMs.
Speaker 3: Okay, cocaine over ketamine.
Speaker 2: Psychos, get into light, get into light, little mothers.
Speaker 1: Mom is gonna terrible.
Speaker 2: You know, Vegas is dying because these kids don't.
Speaker 3: They don't know.
Speaker 1: But it was like no Vegas, y'all. I just have all my people there. I got my bros there. I just always, actually not always.
Speaker 4: As soon as I met my shout out to Jaseean, as soon as I met my friend Jayshawn, he changed Vegas for me.
Speaker 1: What did he do? He just it? I used to go. So I used to be out there for Floyd. Floyd used to fly us out there for jewelry. And I didn't gamble. I didn't know anyone at the club scene, and I didn't know anyone at the pool parties.
Speaker 4: So I would literally get there and the people are with gambled. So while the gambled, I was just losing my ship. So I'm like, you know what, let me try to get into this pool party because Foid'll have you there for two days and not called with you on the third day, like, hey, I'm ready to see the jewelry. So we're stuck and I'm waiting on the line to get into a pool party for like forty five minutes to an hour and then get in and Vegas.
Speaker 1: He yeah, and the Las Vegas heat, and I'm like.
Speaker 4: This ship is trashed because I don't know anybody here. Did that for like a year, literally like on and off, and then one day I went into this kid that was like, hey, let me plug you with my friend.
Speaker 1: You know, he runs the town.
Speaker 4: And it ended up being my friend Jayshan you met him before, and he literally.
Speaker 1: Runs Las Vegas. I'm talking about the mayor.
Speaker 4: We walk anyway, we walk before we get there, even fifty feet of the spot, ropes open up, and I got to see it in a different light. And then during the pandemic, I stayed there as well, so I got to see I got to actually go into the town, which is traveling with the Maine right right right right sowhere.
Speaker 1: I got to see parts of Vegas that I would never do.
Speaker 4: I would have never seen red Rock, and you know, I met some beautiful people there.
Speaker 1: So with that this this is a question now I asked a lot of people about Vegas because I've experienced being there too long. How many days? What's the cat for me? Three? I spent four days there and I was like into a reptile.
Speaker 4: Will it depends if I'm partying like for like three days, three days like three but.
Speaker 1: Like chilling and kicking it, and I can stay. You can say I stayed there, like I stayed there for them.
Speaker 3: Chilling ves.
Speaker 1: But you know what I have, I fell in love with it. I felt lived in Vegas.
Speaker 2: And they always say, like the Vegas you're experiencing is not Vegas, Like people who live in Vegas like, we don't go to the Strip, We don't do that stuff. Yeah, they're like, who would want to do that? So like they're like, if you really want to know Vegas, you have to like experience with living in Vegas is like which is.
Speaker 1: What I heard.
Speaker 2: It's very nice like hyaches and like rock structures and like cool like desert excursions and like all types of other ship that like the average person just visiting doesn't do. And I do think we have to keep into account like the Strip were tourists in the Stretch is where people.
Speaker 1: Like you talking about.
Speaker 2: It's like where people come to be a piece.
Speaker 1: Of ship, to be a piece of.
Speaker 4: Ship depending on where you stay, No, the whole listen there the encore wind.
Speaker 3: I say that the wind is the wind nice the best. Absolutely are the people there to be pieces of ship?
Speaker 2: Yes, there, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's a high class piece of ship.
Speaker 1: But ship after that worth day, I was just like, I am becoming these people, and I don't like.
Speaker 3: Just as soon as they get up the planet like time to be horrible.
Speaker 1: It's just my heat. The heat is just crying, you know, terrible human. There's something about it. When I go there. Now, I feel like, outside of that's nice. It's always nice to have a place like that. Outside of I got genuinely, I know, I.
Speaker 3: Know you're comfortable in the Devil's fire.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know in the in the in the the United States, that's crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did a gig my first, like I guess, kid. That paid me like five thousand dollars was Hollywood Improv, the Vegas Improv and whatever fucking casino that was booked me. But you had to do a week. You have to do seven days when you get booked out there. So I'm out there for a week. Truly, hell, truly, all of it, all of it, because one in Vegas treats entertainers like cooks because it's an entertainment town. They don't give us literally, I was like, where do I get food? And they brought me to like the employee cafeteria and I was like sitting there with like house cleaners and ship and there was like the thing on the wall that's like it's been sixty days since there's been an accident on Like I wanted to jump out of fucking window. I don't remember what it was like, maybe horrors, one of those terrible places.
Speaker 3: Shout out. I'm like, all the.
Speaker 2: Shows are just people who lost all their money and have nowhere to go all that hot and they just want to like sit down and a ship about comedy. The opener it was me I was headlining to do that open for me was a like co star on Gomer Pile. The motherfucker was like seventy five.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding. His name was Ronny Schnell and he would go out. He would go every night and he would be like and he'd bring me up by going, we love our gaze. I'm from San Francisco and we love our gaze in San Francisco. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He like he was known for being act and.
Speaker 3: This I got bumped off my own show by Marshall Warfield one.
Speaker 1: Night to do it. Shout out to Marshall Warfield show.
Speaker 2: This lady had her feet on the stage the entire time and I was like, ma'am, like, what.
Speaker 3: Are you doing?
Speaker 2: Can you get your fee other stage? And she was like, you don't got to be loud. It's like, bitch, I have a microphone.
Speaker 3: I was ready to commit.
Speaker 1: Susan and that is that is Las Vegas, the place love that shelp me. Everyone has direct I had both. That's your adopted family over there. I just I don't know. M hm, Well, I found something very fascinating. King of Transitions happened in two thousand and two, and I'm not I'm curious if you remember this happening her our research. One of the most intense, chaotic stories came out of New York City in June sixteenth of two thousand and two. Uh, there was a hostage situation. At helped me out with this because I always I never know how to say it. Bar BOLOCHI, I don't know. I like Barbochich, that's it. I don't know. I don't know l o Celo Blosi. There's a number of them here in New York. It's not just Russian, right, Yeah, it's like a wine bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, I think this guy went to a wine bar.
Speaker 1: He went to and he was of two pistols, a samuraized somebody's got to get knocked off, and a kerosene and kerosene, and he took customers target hostage, targeting white patrons and shooting three people before being tackled by two women. Two women got when you recall this.
Speaker 2: Story, two white ladies who had enough. He said that he was going to kill happy.
Speaker 1: His name was Stephen Johnson, thirty nine years.
Speaker 2: Ago, to avenge the mistreatment of black people. So he went to this wine bard got to it, and some white ladies said, yeah, and you know, not today.
Speaker 1: I here's my thing though, and I agree. I'm like, yeah, why blame him? Yeah he was, He's ahead of the he's ahead of the curve, you know.
Speaker 3: But I don't. I don't think that white fans.
Speaker 1: But but but this is a comedy show where we really this is what I'm saying. This is not a levee, right, we're like a few muchs shy. If not, we haven't gotten full year there, right, right right. I don't think people was really thinking about black people like that in New York. I don't know. I don't. I don't think that we was what was we? I don't remember Rital tension being that high after not level. The energy was off of us.
Speaker 3: A specific mistreatment to be inviting about.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that the energy really wasn't on us, you know, No, the orange and the grint and it wasn't us.
Speaker 3: It turned that we didn't.
Speaker 1: Really need avenging at that moment, in this particular time. It was kind of misguided.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was a little bit he was getting jealous, like he was like the attention back, that's a road to take, you know what I'm saying, because it was like we're all into these alcadas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but niggas is still here. Niggas is still.
Speaker 1: Nigga to come back and be racist to us.
Speaker 3: Come back and be racist to us.
Speaker 1: Greg, You know, I don't have a comment. I don't know what you guys are trying to do to me. This is literally like, yeah, we go off and the and the guest is like, okay, well I don't We're we're double.
Speaker 2: You know, Well no, it's just I hear what you're saying. What was the real What was it about?
Speaker 1: Like what something? I think he had mental mental problem.
Speaker 3: That we.
Speaker 1: Also didn't have that language yet, Greg, thing we were talking right that I know, so, you know, we.
Speaker 2: Definitely know you had a mental problem getting dressed like the Ghost of Tushima.
Speaker 3: Care.
Speaker 1: I mean he was it was convicted of over fifty crimes, including sounds and multiple hate crimes. I don't I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta really be doing bad stuff to white people to get charged with a hate crime, and it's white. I want to, I want to like they were, they were over it. They really just wanted to drink their wine. Wine enough, get out of here with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you what is like the craziest thing you've seen in New York Times? From it, you are to stancetized. But is there anything from like the younger years? Is that kind of like shaped your New York experience? That's like a as a native New Yorker? Is there something like monumental? Did you see anything? Was that something like a high school that happened? I mean, I didn't want to ship. I don't know even so much.
Speaker 4: I've seen people ship on the sidewalk, and that's not crazy to us.
Speaker 1: It's notized to us. It's not just a Tuesday.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is, if you're coming from Stockholm, right and you walking in New York City and you see someone in the street taking the ship.
Speaker 1: That's crazy to us, it's not, well.
Speaker 2: Don't steal my transition. I was gonna say, don't steal my transition. Okay, can I get one, let's go.
Speaker 3: You saw me, you saw me lie of paper and grabbed it.
Speaker 1: I was just I'm just sneaky. We see, we have our research. I want to know what's going on. We over here shuffling papers like we had news. But why you guys can't up on me? Were not at all, even though you don't recall that story. And I'm.
Speaker 4: What you got over there tinking crazy.
Speaker 3: He's was also the year that Michael Jackson this baby over a balcony with the napkin over his head.
Speaker 2: Two. I guess let the fans feel the aura of blanket, the essence of blanket. Spread a little blanket essence.
Speaker 3: Through the crowd.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. I love Michael Jackson so much. Gro you know what, hold on, hold on, hold on. I thought you were getting ready play. He was my brother at the age of three. That's how much I loved him. That you couldn't get meat.
Speaker 4: My mom couldn't get me to eat anything because I was so excited anytime he.
Speaker 1: Would come up on the TV that he was my brother? Are you? And I was like, he's my brother, right, and she was like, yeah, this is the beginning exclusive.
Speaker 4: This is white Michael, this is black Michael. If time real fast, I'm on the podcast Who Is My Brother? When I was three, Michael, you so careful speak about Michael. Okay, okay, okay, fair. I was obsessed with him as a kid. Yes, Like I would be so excited. I would watch Thriller and Billy all day.
Speaker 1: Every case. It was an event. It was just like the Thriller. Everything it was an event. Okay, So it's safe to stay that you thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I thoroughly thought he was my brother, Like I was like delusional to him. So so you enjoyed this movie that came out.
Speaker 1: I didn't even watch the movie. Really. I like to watch the comfort of my own home. I don't want to, you know, get there.
Speaker 2: I can respect everything you're saying. Okay, but now we're in two thousand and two. This is a different mic.
Speaker 1: Different mic. I always love Michael. I never I never, I never thought he was did you think about this baby day? I thought the ship was funny with Oprah. The baby didn't think.
Speaker 4: I just feel like he didn't know how to hitle the baby, and he was trying to show the world that was going on.
Speaker 1: He's not really you know, he used to dance you need, you need, Like they they've scrutinized the guy. You know. I actually feel like they've been working with him forever. Like what do you want from the guy? Anything he does he make him crazy? M hm.
Speaker 3: Dangling a baby alchemy.
Speaker 4: You know, the part that bother me, It was it was the baby's foot that that hit.
Speaker 1: The baby was loose the banister.
Speaker 3: He didn't even lift the bottom and do one of these.
Speaker 1: He wasn't good. It was whatever. But I don't think.
Speaker 3: Of the of the toes.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You know, Michael Jackson, for me, is a sensitive subject. We totally get.
Speaker 2: We we did not realize we didn't because we didn't realize we weren't going through.
Speaker 3: The baby dangle.
Speaker 2: And then we started talking about the new movie, which I haven't seen.
Speaker 3: And I have no desire to see.
Speaker 1: There's no spoilers. You know what happened right, which is was never born. I just feel like I'm gonna watch it, But.
Speaker 2: I feel like the movie should start at the end of his life, like we should see Mike on the gas, Mike on the gas talking in the deep boys, being like, I ain't sending Joe no more fucking money.
Speaker 3: That is That's how we get into the.
Speaker 2: Movie, like, oh ship, and then they backtrack on some memorable moments, show us some ship we haven't seen, maybe him beating a bitch up.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They wasn't giving give me some stuff. The most they did, the most they did, the most they did that was even close to like controversial about Michael was making sure that that that that knows changed.
Speaker 3: I can't watch any Michael Jackson, Bob that's not talking about these kids, that's not talking about the gas, that's not talking about you gotta.
Speaker 1: Talks, you gotta talk. It was almost.
Speaker 3: Women we saw Jackson the American dream.
Speaker 2: We already know this doesn't need to be dream again with his nephew.
Speaker 3: It's like, if you're gonna give it to me, give it to me.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Michael the gas being like, I didn't touch one of them little motherfuckers and he did well, Greg, you keep.
Speaker 3: That to yourself.
Speaker 1: Why. I mean, hey, none of us were the only people who were there were those kids.
Speaker 2: And God, that's why, that's why you get to keep your honorary black something about you that's.
Speaker 3: Such a black opinion.
Speaker 1: Fuck, No, that's great. We we honor that, we do. I will say, I don't think uh called me in Domingo had any intention on being as hilarious as he came across in this film. Honestly, if you ask me, the Michael Michael Jackson movie that just came out is a horror comedy, okay, because Joe Jackson at every scene enters like sinisterly eyebrows first kind of popping out when you sort of expecting gonna pop out, like as soon as like Michael's like alone for like two seconds too long, you know, here comes Joe.
Speaker 3: Is it funny?
Speaker 2: Like is it funny? Like Lauren Fishberg and what Love got doing it funny? Where it's like this ain't funny.
Speaker 1: It's not funny, But this is funny. Yes, it absolutely is that because I just you can just tell from the prosthetics that he had to get in it and get out of it. It looks different. Everything. The eyebrows are crazy. How do you what you what is your relationship with Jael Jackson? Turns my lady?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, Joe Jackson is Michael Jackson's dead. He has nothing to do with ta turn.
Speaker 4: I said, I don't know why we said turn because I love to do Sorry.
Speaker 1: Sorry Michael Jackson, Wait her husband, God damn it.
Speaker 3: First, don't we don't get the lady?
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson is your brother? What your relationship to Jael Jackson?
Speaker 4: I never really cared for Joe Jackson or anyone else but Michael, get your brother.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that growing up. Okay, you know what I'm saying that the news, the news got out of.
Speaker 3: The center of your universe. Yeah, okay, got a child just didn't matter, right, I hear that.
Speaker 1: Well, you do not want to see that whooping scene that happens, because that's pretty realistic. But what the fuck? I just get that mixed up. The movie makes The movie makes Joe Jackson kind of a protagonist. Protagonist another way. Really, it kind of makes Joe look like what I mean, if.
Speaker 3: He wasn't being asked, you would have got what got I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean, he raised everyone's kind of feels that. And then and then he raised a bunch of superstars.
Speaker 2: He was trying to make a star back then when a black man couldn't even have ship.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say I got foot. Yes, the movie does not make Michael look like he's got all his marbles. I will say that. I don't. I think you might want to avoid it, if you want to avoid any sort of skewing of my because there is a moment with him in Bubbles that's just like, okay.
Speaker 4: Well, how can you expect that as a kid. You know, the guy's been performing is a child? What childhood is? Did he even get a chance to be a kid.
Speaker 3: I'm so sick of this ship.
Speaker 2: Form since they were fucking children. They're not they're not doing all this. Give me, Jason Weaver, Keenan Thompson, what are you talking about? There's been black like young performers that grew up performing like I don't know why this reason.
Speaker 1: Well, the movie kind of frames it in a way. The way I interpreted the movie was that from his childhood scene, uh, it kind of seemed like he didn't really want it. Seemed like he didn't really want as much exactly, But we don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: We know that he's doing it right because we ain't heard about it.
Speaker 3: Shout out to Leo.
Speaker 1: We love Leo, shot out les SIPs beer, we love.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think we can end on.
Speaker 1: That right there. It's Friday going home. We got the phone call from mom which was like that was that was perfect, Gret, Thank you so much for joining us on this, dude, this ratchet wild ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. We really didn't know what we were going to do it too. We had to be a bit of a year, but.
Speaker 4: Even the right year, we we got this whole ship.
Speaker 1: No, not at all, like we welcome we welcome chaos obviously if you can't tell we welcome chaos on this, we appreciate.
Speaker 6: That.
Speaker 1: And thank you to everybody. School. Continue to like, share, subscribe, comment all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: And listen and listen wherever you get your podcast and we will see you next time.
Speaker 6: Look back at it as a production of iHeartMedia and this is important. It is co hosted by Me, Sam Jay and Alex English. Theme music by Aaron Kauffman. It is executive produced by Lindsay Hoffman and the host Nier and Jenna Cageo co produced, mixed and mastered by Carmen Lauren, additional support by Casey Donahue. Researched by Jabbari Davis