Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode. Though it's a zight day for a guist wedding. That is courtesy of Max R. Billy Billy's Idyl. My name is Jack. That over there is Miles.
Speaker 2: Greyles aka Billy's Idyl.
Speaker 1: That's right, you give up big Billy Billy idol energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not Billy Oshan. Billy's Idyl, Billy Oshan.
Speaker 1: What a name?
Speaker 3: What a name?
Speaker 1: We love them, don't we? All right? Uh we said who we are. I'm Jack, that's Miles and uh. Here are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday afternoon. The Secret Service director Kimberly Cheatle became uh the less high profile person to swear up and down they were not going to resign, uh, to say, I'm I can't resign, I'm the best person for the job. And then finally on.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean after I think, like again, most people who saw what happened on that assassination attempt to, like, I feel like even in the movies, they disappear you like the second shots are fired, like, oh, get the fuck, we're gone.
Speaker 3: We're gone, We're gone. But they're like, let him get his shoe let him get a photo.
Speaker 1: Wait, water off, let me get my shoe. Wait, let me wait, let me do this.
Speaker 2: Well, now there's okay, all right, you got your shoe. Now, okay, mister president, let's go.
Speaker 3: Now, let's go.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, let me do something that looks those.
Speaker 2: Are bullets snapping by your head. All right, whatever, it's fine, it's fine. The fucking hearing was bonkers.
Speaker 1: You made me a look stupid, Get off me.
Speaker 3: It was like the did you see any of the hearing?
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I saw AOC's line of questioning, which I thought was actually very smart. It's not the part that seems to be getting picked up the most, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most people are like Tim Burkett and stuff, who was like, you're a woman, is that allowed? And it's like, this is essentially what he's asking. And he's like and if they're up to me, you'd be gone on in Mars and you're like, okay, thanks for that constructive question.
Speaker 3: But yeah, AOC was more like what the fuck are y'all doing over there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she also like got in some good questions about you know. That mentioned referenced the popularity of the assault rifle that was used and was like, so, how come you didn't set up a security perimeter to guard against a gun? That is basically statistically everyone at that rally has one in their possession, like mostly you know, yeah, which I thought was a good gun control talking point that she slid in there, and then also just talking about how the speed of the report, which I don't really give a shit about, but sure, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: She was two months to figure that out.
Speaker 2: Y'all need to sixty days to figure out what?
Speaker 1: How the fuck that fucking story straight? Oh? Sorry, did I say that out loud?
Speaker 2: I saw new I saw that New York Times video you're talking about, Jack that had all the angles and stuff. Yeah, that one made it pretty clear, how like where all the fuck ups were happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, again, like we said, conspiracy or maybe law enforcement people who are ordained to do violence maybe not always the best at their job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, I mean, speaking of which, we have the story of Sonya Massy, a unarmed black woman in Springfield, Illinois, who was murdered in her home by the police after she called them about someone potentially snooping around her home. Just a horrifying.
Speaker 2: The bodycam footage is terrifying. I don't I could. I mean, I didn't watch the whole thing. The second I knew what was going on, Like I had to turn it off because this woman called the police saying, I think someone's trying to break in.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure they.
Speaker 2: Came in the first thing when they came to her door is like she said, please don't hurt.
Speaker 1: Me, Please don't exactly, they're like, why would we hurt you? You called us, yeah, and.
Speaker 3: The tone is so eerie. And she was boiling a pot of water.
Speaker 2: One of the officers asked her, said, hey, can you actually turn that pot of water offs because I don't want to fire hazard or whatever.
Speaker 3: And she goes, oh, I rebuke you.
Speaker 2: In the name of Jesus, she said, like under her voice or whatever. And when she went over there, they suddenly treated this pot like pot of boiling water as a threat, told her to put it down comply, and she was just just murdered in her Yeah. But the officer that pulled the trigger, I'm surprised at this. He this This happened in the beginning of July. He has been arrested in charge with three counts of first degree murder as he should be and is being held without bond until his trial. But yeah, I mean, just again, enough again, we still have the same fucking problems in the country. And you know, these are the kinds of things that you want people who are running for office to be able to touch on, to understand that there are generations of people who are traumatized just from hearing over and over about how black people are getting killed by the police just indiscriminately, how just people are being brutalized by the police with then there's no legal recourse. These are this is what the fuck we're talking about when we have people just insisting that democracy is over. Sure, I understand that threat, but there are other things that are clear and present dangers to the people that live in this country that are being completely ignored.
Speaker 3: And it's sickening to watch the shit happen over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: And that's the part I think that makes people nihilistic, is you every four years and like I hear you, man, we got to do something about police, and they do fuck all. And then this this frustration compounds to the point that you feel so powerless and you're so frustrated at the system that in which you live in. They're like what I mean, even the people who are promising to do shit about it don't do shit about it.
Speaker 3: And it's and this.
Speaker 2: Is these are the these are the fucking holes in our society that we have to begin to repair first before we have anything that resembles what we you know, romanticize about this, like representative democracy we have here. So well, yeah, it's it's just again, this is like the I think the last report that came out about police involved killings, like with police killing people in May, the count was up.
Speaker 3: To like something like four hundred and sixty nine people.
Speaker 1: That was as of Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: So it's yeah, nothing, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, you're sending racists people the guys tattoos.
Speaker 2: There was there was something that a lot of people were speculating some of the tattoos. I haven't seen all of like the analysis, but like was rocking some white supremacist tattoos also, Yeah, or you know, like fucking ruined tattoos that we know are pretty aligned in the semiotics sense with white supremacy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back, We'll get to more news stories. We'll be right back and we're back.
Speaker 3: We're back.
Speaker 1: Disneyland workers overwhelmingly have voted to strike. We talked before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even overwhelming seems like an understate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost unmously dude, Like, oh yeah, that guy Jeffrey, he fucking he met he was sick, so he missed the vote, but he would it would have been one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Just one person just like didn't make it today. But yeah, ninety nine percent of authorized to strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're authorized. It doesn't mean they're going to strike yet. But this puts Disney in a very vulnerable place because what the fuck else can they do but pay their workers? Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Well, what else can we do.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, just so that would be so wacky, just like scab Disney, like the vibes would be. I mean, because you know a lot of people who work there tend to at least be somewhat invested in creating the magic for the people who.
Speaker 3: Are stressed out about how expensive it is to go there.
Speaker 2: Ye, but yeah, it's I guess Yeah, Disney, I look, man, they got you need this thing. The parks are a cash cow, and you don't want to turn that thing into a cash mouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good cash mouse.
Speaker 1: It's like a fucking variety headline cash mouse.
Speaker 2: Cash cow, cash mouse, cash mouse, outside, cash mouse house, cash me mouse side.
Speaker 1: Uh, Disney makes billions, obviously, while one in ten Disneyland cast members have experienced homelessness while working at the park, and seventy three percent of Disneyland workers say they don't make enough to cover basic expense expenses each month.
Speaker 3: So I feel like it's true in so many industries.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, and again goes against when a lot of people are saying, like, but the economy is so hot right now. Yeah, It's like, it's not hot if people who have a job are experiencing homelessness or near homelessness.
Speaker 1: It's hot for making extremely wealthy people extremely wealthier, right, Well.
Speaker 3: Do you have like do you have like one hundred thousand in the market? Right?
Speaker 2: Like what what like we got like maybe two hundred thousand index funds? You're like, huh, I'm living in a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, keep keep lecturing people about the the hot economy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, speaking of hot, flaming hot cheetos, is that there's another chapter in the story. So we've talked before about how they made the flaming Hot movie about Richard Montanez, who claims to be the inventor of flaming hot cheetos. Free Doo Lay allowed the movie to go forward, I guess, but then came out with a Washington Post article or no, an LA Times article, like right before the movie came out, being like, I mean, he didn't really about the show, though, why did she'll do that? Then? Why let the story go forward? There? Like but it's the fun urban legend and we stand beside behind him as a figure, but it's just an urban legend. And now he is suing them and basically saying like the company used media coverage to attempt to discredit him and he's lost out on book deals and speaking engagements as a result, uh, which, which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's the thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, I think we were even talking when the movie came came out that it was still like a little bit unclear as to what exactly his involvement was because there were like other freedo Lay employees.
Speaker 3: Or like I don't I didn't know that guy.
Speaker 2: But right that's I'm curious, like where what's really going on here? Because on one hand, I could totally see I mean, if the La Times is reporting it. I'd imagine they're doing some level of research or maybe they would have uncovered an actual.
Speaker 3: Racist plot against him.
Speaker 2: But I also I'm also I'm never surprised at what a corporation is capable of in terms of like trying to erase like the contributions of something that's worked there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that sucks, dude.
Speaker 1: It will be interesting. Yeah, hopefully there's more. You know, the the article is one thing, but that's like a single source. But I'm sure during a trial will we'll actually learn more.
Speaker 3: Right, because it is freedom Lay's thing. It's like, well, like we love that. You're like kind of like.
Speaker 2: The viby origin of it, but like legally you're not.
Speaker 1: But you better shut the fuck up if you put money from us.
Speaker 3: Don't see you invented it? But yeah, did you? I'm like, like, did you did you see flame in Hut?
Speaker 1: I did not?
Speaker 2: I forgot it came out. Now I'm curious how they what they do here, Like.
Speaker 1: What came out after movies stopped being a thing that anybody paid attention to. H Yeah, unfortunate fortunately, yeah, yeah, gotcha, unfortunately because fuck movies. Uh, let's see the home depot twenty twenty four. Halloween decor is upon us? Are we six twenty eight weeks? It's just like six weeks, especially six point eight weeks, which is good news if you're a millennial, because with fourth of July just through two point three weeks behind us.
Speaker 2: Uh, the six it's not even a fucking day, man like six pointy it's not even an actual number of days. Keep going back, that food and wine article is still there when it has not been edited.
Speaker 3: No clarity.
Speaker 2: The person is still ducking me on the dms. But some of these I gotta say, man, like you got you got that big reaper one, don't you in your front yard?
Speaker 1: I got the big witch?
Speaker 3: Oh, which okay, similar technology.
Speaker 1: See on here, a similar deal. Not a full twelve feet I think, probably closer to like ten, and she appears to be hovering, so it's basically what they've got going with this led eleven tating reaper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, similar similar physics involved here engineer, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: They got a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I guess the twelve footter twelve foot scales are the big thing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: They got accessories so you can put a wig on there, or looks like shoes with spats on them because they're a dandy from the twenties or some shit.
Speaker 1: A black braided wig, a beaded necklace, a skull person shoes all waterproofs. They don't have to worry about them getting ruined when it rains.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, good good good. Uh are you are you looking to augment your Halloween display?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean because your neighborhood's popping, and I know you had that one house like look like a full on butcher seam for like carcasses or being like wornu bars on the.
Speaker 1: Lawn, beheaded children on the on their like Halloween tree. It just stopped my kids dead in their tracks. There's like mouth agape. I think I'm gonna just stick with the witch because we did we changed our yard to be like drought tolerant, so there's like more plants and stuff that it would get in the way. So I think we're just gonna stick Witch on this one in a hold for a year. But there's there's nothing on here that really makes me but other other than the original twelve foot Skelly, which is a classic, and I that that is the one that I would go about a.
Speaker 2: Twelve foot Martin Screlly Skelly Martin screll Skelly yea unreleased Wotang album.
Speaker 1: Now you're talking my lang, Yeah think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of what would take me ah Man.
Speaker 1: A six foot animated dean Deathologist. I just I'm a little disappointed that they are not getting bigger and bigger. I think they must have like it might it must be like that two hundred milligrams of caffeine thing where they're like, yeah, no, we tested after this, like you start getting death.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't make sense. Yeah, don't go fourteen feet, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like fourteen feet and like people start getting trapped under it.
Speaker 2: The deem Deathologist is really, I'm sorry, for lack of a better word, fucking dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, it looks like a like he's like a barkeep from.
Speaker 1: The nineteenth century barkeep.
Speaker 3: Oh right, okay, that makes sense. It's either a person from the nineteenth century or a hipster.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got the garter armband on, you got a nice springles man mustache.
Speaker 3: You're pouring drinks, all right, But.
Speaker 1: That also seems like what's going on with the pigtails girl with the like Perth and the spat shoes. They it feels like it's either like back in time or like kind of hipster weird right thing. But I'm just like, what why are we doing that?
Speaker 3: That's we're rocking saddle shoes, man stride right saddle shoes like in the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, bring bring look zygang. Let us know what's is there anything? Is there a new hyped thing? I feel like yeah.
Speaker 3: At first, I was like, oh man, new scales and I'm like, man, is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean, so they do have a twelve foot inferno pumpkin skeleton with a light up inferno pumpkinhead that's up there, and then they have they are trying to fly a little bit closer to the sun with the twelve and a half foot inferno Deadwood skeleton where the skeleton looks like it's made of wood and then like has like a fire glowing in its rip.
Speaker 2: I was hoping it would say like loose lines of Elsewhere engine from Redwood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like the dead horribly like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, turn of the sentry racist stuff, but no, it's the regular skeleton.
Speaker 1: Because you can hear your racist stuff people.
Speaker 2: You're your neighbor scream turn of the century racist stuff that's right in your local neighborhood.
Speaker 1: And to quote George Costanza, John Voight, John Voight has blamed propaganda for Angelina Jolie's decision to support Palestine. Wow, amazing, just cognitive dissonance going on here. Uh, she has been she has been exposed to propaganda. He told, not you. It is not I. It is not I who have been supposed to propaganda. It is she. She's been influenced by anti Semitic people. Angie has a connection to the UN, and she's enjoyed speaking out for refugees. But these people are not refugees.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, shut the fuck up, John Floyd.
Speaker 1: Is the UN like? Is he like they? Because that that seems to be the uh standard claim, right, is that the UN is anti Semitic? Now right?
Speaker 2: I mean, depending on whose word you're listen to and take that as serious valid, Yes, sure that could be it. But I think, yeah, joh Man, these people are not refugees. Is so fucking on brand for someone like John Voight. I like they said, he goes on quote Angie, I think she hasn't been available to this information because in Hollywood people don't share this.
Speaker 3: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: They're way off.
Speaker 3: They have no idea what's going on. It's a bubble.
Speaker 1: She's the one who's in a bubble that But you're the you're the more you have, the more worldly access to information as sorry a Fox News of somebody who only gets their news from Fox News and do.
Speaker 2: You look at photos or images of terrible violence befalling children and you're like, the.
Speaker 1: Fox News would show it to me if it was important, Oh right, right, right, yeah, yeah. It's a It's a thing that a lot of people are unfortunately dealing with in this country, is older people just getting more older.
Speaker 3: People being like, Betty, what's statty real? That's essentially what everyone says and is like, okay, just shut up.
Speaker 1: Everybody everywhere else in the world thinks that ain't real.
Speaker 4: Nah.
Speaker 1: Nah, You're in your little bubble with the rest of the world's population.
Speaker 3: You're in this bubble called Earth.
Speaker 2: And while there are, yes, definitely bubble information spheres, I think to use that to attack your daughter, who obviously you're you know, estranged from, but like for trying to advocate for innocent people who are being displaced by an ethnic cleansing or Genus idol campaign.
Speaker 3: It's something else. John Voyd, just just go just.
Speaker 2: Be disc I wish he was just pick a character that he was in a film and just be that forever. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like be the guy from Anaconda, Like don't ever break care.
Speaker 1: That would just do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't talk about politics, just talk about how you're fucking bit by a snake all the time. Yeah, and and watch people creepily on your point here.
Speaker 3: Snakes don't eat people, they don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, one of my favorite Miles Graham pression that I haven't even seen the movie. You guys have it. That'll be the first video episode of the Daily that I still have to get them to do it.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, watch a side by side.
Speaker 1: You're gonna love this scene to find a way to cram the phrase snakes don't eat people into uh they don't.
Speaker 3: And the condas are the perfect killing machine.
Speaker 2: I can do that whole monologue anyway, John Voight, stick to a character. Just don't be a human talking out loud on this earth anymore.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's gonna do it for us on this Tuesday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show YEP. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye, act at