Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 1: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This He's Talking Cowboys Training live.
Speaker 4: From Dallas Cowboys Training Camp in Cala.
Speaker 2: Six second test, ten six touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 5: It's a Training Camp edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from Oxnard, California and the River Ridge Training Camp Complex, home to Training Camp twenty twenty five. We've got Tommy Yarish, Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Rodriguez, I'm back, Kyle Yeomans back in Sarrivory.
Speaker 4: That means we are so bad.
Speaker 1: You're so bad.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 5: You guys did a great job last week. All all the shows that you did throughout the week, whether it.
Speaker 4: Was Training Camp live or inside Cowboys Training Camp.
Speaker 5: But especially Talking Cowboys was on point. And I'm proud of you guys. Will you were missed. It is so good to be back.
Speaker 1: Oh, absolutely to Josh Rodriguez, absolutely cooked up and absence you know was in the building. It just it just feels right, It.
Speaker 6: Feels right, feel better with Kyle Yeoman's leading his thing. It's glad to have We're glad to have you back there.
Speaker 4: You guys are making me feel good. You know. It was funny this morning.
Speaker 5: I woke up, walked into the hotel lobby and ran into a gentleman named Freddy G. Here it's fred G, but it was Freddy G is what I started calling him. And he said, I watch all your shows. You guys are like rock stars to me. He's like, I felt like I met ran into a rock star this morning. He's like, I met Tommy.
Speaker 4: And he ran into a rock star. Really appreciate y'all support. They were really cool.
Speaker 5: They were in the breakfast lobby this morning and so they said Hi. But yeah, if you guys are out here and you're listening to talking Cowboys and you're at training camp, don't be afraid to say hi.
Speaker 4: If you see us walking.
Speaker 5: Around, even on the sidelines, if you see us walking around in public, just say hi.
Speaker 4: We love seeing the fans out here. That's part of one of my favorite parts about training camp.
Speaker 6: But you have to go through my bodyguard first before you can speak to me. We'll take it under advisement. Will kind of search. You pat you down, and then you can there.
Speaker 1: Is wealth talking again. The Poemer Simpson.
Speaker 4: Promo code is talking.
Speaker 7: Josh, look at that.
Speaker 1: Sh Oh, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: This is from the Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop in Oxtard, California. This is an exclusive training camp twenty twenty five iced out chain.
Speaker 4: Can I get one of those?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: I mean in your tax Brack. I's got three kids over here instead of a chain.
Speaker 1: You know, kids changed, same different, right?
Speaker 9: You know why Josh has that change? Why is that he just got a new paycheck.
Speaker 4: You know why?
Speaker 9: Because the Dallas Cowboys might be signing him to play corner. At this point, man, I mean, wow, any all of us need to get ready at this.
Speaker 6: Point forty competition, but they know that the Josh is going to win.
Speaker 1: Stay ready, so I don't have to get ready. You know, the routing number, make.
Speaker 7: The deploy What number do you want?
Speaker 4: Patrick?
Speaker 1: Whatever number is free, doesn't matter, all right? I like that double zero, rowdy.
Speaker 5: Let's talk, man, there's like twenty twenty two is free, twelve is free, eight is free. I don't think you're getting any of that getting eight. I mean, other than that, it's like eighty two. Now you're not getting that one. Seventy four now not getting that one.
Speaker 1: Tell you I'll strike a deal with Rowdy. Yeah, I'll bring that double zero zero, that double zero on the feet.
Speaker 7: He's going to be the first free digit.
Speaker 4: Yeah now zero.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you brought that up because since the last recording of Talking Cowboys, there's a lot that's happened over the weekend. Pads have come on a tight end, got paid.
Speaker 6: As always that happens with Talking Cowboys. There's breaking news all surrounding us.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be I was about to say, there's gonna be a breaking news segment like at today Pacific time.
Speaker 1: That's just how it goes.
Speaker 5: But we also had a bit of a roller coaster, gentlemen, a bit of a roller coaster with the emotions, with the expectations of the season, with the expectations.
Speaker 4: Of a former first round pick.
Speaker 6: Can I go through the timeline real quick, let's go to this press isn't great to begin with, man, So you're doing this on top of all of that, it's just not great.
Speaker 4: Well, this will help you relive it.
Speaker 5: And for those that may have missed the roller coaster yesterday, here's how it started out here in practice, Tyler Geiton, second year first round pick back in twenty twenty four's draft, and of course starting at the left tackle spot. He's having a great practice and what I thought was his best practice to this point. Stonewall Donovano's roku a couple of times was really solid with his feet, his footwork, his hands were looking powerful. I mean, all of it looked like it was coming together. Wasn't a perfect practice, but it was his best practice so far. Then at approximately one twenty nine pm Pacific time, he goes down with an injury.
Speaker 4: He got tangled up with Tyler Smith.
Speaker 5: Azraku was kind of tangled up and was down on the field at one twenty nine. About three hours later, just under three hours later, at four to twenty one Pacific time, he in rap. Report from the NFL Network reports that it is feared to be a torn ACL for Tyler Geiton. Everyone starts to freak out. What do we do now? Do you bump Tyler Smith out to left tackle? Do you go try and resign Tyron Smith? What are the certain possibilities that are at hand? But either way, our former first round pick has a torn ACL and this is not good for our future of the offensive line. Then less about less than about an hour later, to the rescue comes Todd Archer at ESPN at.
Speaker 4: What is let me see, Oh my phone's closing on me?
Speaker 8: Like fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like not much longer. Five oh nine pm Pacific time.
Speaker 5: Todd Urcher reports that Tyler Guidon's acl is intact after an nr MRI and he has a bone fracture that will not require surgery, looking at a four to six.
Speaker 4: Week recovery, and that is where we stand.
Speaker 5: It felt like all of Cowboys Nation took a sigh of relief that they're left tackled. Not only is going to be available this year, but has a possibility, Tommy, as you wrote on Dallascowboys dot com, Tyler Goiden has a chance to play week one and that is almost It feels like a.
Speaker 9: Miracle, absolutely, and it's a like sigh of relief is the perfect way to put it, because man, if Tyler Guiden is out for the whole year, that that would have you don't even need to say, we know how brutal that would have been, right, just because obviously things didn't go his way last year. He's starting to show signs of progression this camp already, but now you know he's.
Speaker 7: Still missing important reps.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: That's the tough part about this is the optimistic view of things as Tyler Gotton is back week one, but the bottom line is he's missing the rest of camp, and this camp is super important for him and he needs He needed these reps.
Speaker 7: He needed the time to sheell in with everyone around him.
Speaker 9: He needed the time to get used to the physicality of things and get his body back and form for playing in season. And now you know you're looking at a window where got You know, if he's not ready by week one, you de force him out there week two. I don't think that the Cowboys should be in any rush to get Tyler gotten back.
Speaker 7: If you want Tyler.
Speaker 9: Gotten back, you make sure that he's fully healthy so there's no chance of this happening again. You make sure that he's physically ready and capable of handling that workload because they're gonna have to play some really good edge rushers this year. Like Week two against New York, You've got three guys who can get after the quarterback and Brian Burns, Abdull Carter, caveon Thibodeau and then throughout the rest of the season, you're you're gonna see that all the time as well. So you know the Bears the next week, you've got Montes sweat. So it's gonna be a tough challenge and it's gonna be a fine line the Cowboys have to walk.
Speaker 7: But at the end of the day, you are happy that it's not.
Speaker 9: A season ending injury and you're happy that you can get Tyler gotten back at some point this year and week one. If he's able to get back in time and he's able to recover that great, then even better because that's a staple of the Cowboys offensive line, not because he has played that way, but because he needs to be as a left tackle.
Speaker 1: Listen shouts out to Britt Brown and Jim Rrow for probably doing the mister Miyagi over the offended knee of Tyler Guidon because Cowboys, you know, whatever might have happened. And I say that kind of jokingly now that we have an optimistic outlook for.
Speaker 4: I did a rain dance in Southern Caro. It didn't work, But.
Speaker 1: I tell you what, considering and like you said, Nick Harrisy said this on Twitter, and it was very well put. As many torn acls as the Dallas Cowboys training staff has to unfortunately deal with on an annual basis, they they're pretty good at being able to diagnose that pre MRI. Okay, so they feared that it was torn based on their pre MRI testing. But thankfully the MRI proved that showed that it was still intact his acl is and that saves the Cowboys in a lot of ways. Number One, they don't have to and we don't have to entertain the conversation of potentially moving all pro left guard Tyler Smith out to left tackle. Thankfully, let's keep that where it is in the grave for now. It also keeps the Cowboys from having to glance potentially at a free agency pool that looks very very poor.
Speaker 8: We were talking about yesterday. It was rough.
Speaker 1: It's rough. Tyron Smith is officially retired, probably doesn't have any kind of inclination to come out of retirement. So there's that. But then when you look at names like David Boktiari, Charles Leno, Donovan Smith, yes, those are NFL veterans with a lot of skins on the wall. However, bok Tari and Leno. Neither of those guys took a single snap in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four, and some of those guys are also retired.
Speaker 1: Not just that, but also major injury that they've dealt with recently, a hip injury, a foot in here and there. The pool of free agency looks abysmal, for lack of a better way to put it, So that turns the Cowboys inward. Now, the good news is it's like you said, and like Tommy Rope, Tyler Gotton could be back on the field as early as Week one against the Eagles, if there is an abundance of caution, maybe Week two home opener against the Giants. So now it's a much smaller issue. You're gonna look at a guy like a chem of Dnergy who's having a strong camp. You're gonna look at some of these other guys. You're gonna give what's his name, the rookie. It's his rookie six. Yeah, Cornelia's who just sent a guy to hell yesterday and I put that clip up on Twitter. So you're gonna look at yeah stronger. You're gonna look at some of these younger guys. You're gonna give Matt will let's go another chance to show that he can he can do something. Obviously, he battled shoulder injuries early in his career, but he's been healthy over the past year plus, so hopefully he can stay that way. Point being now, it's a it's a situation where yes, it's unfortunately Tyler gut And will miss valuable camp and preseason reps, much like last year when he dealt with some smaller injuries. However, to know that he'll be back in time to play the majority, if not the entirety of the season, when the initial fear was that he'd be lost for not just this season, but then we're having the conversation does he start next camp on the pup list? You no longer have to have those concerns, and the young man, like Tommy said, he's making strides. We're all seated in camp. We're seeing his off season changes in diet and his regiment change and his training with Tyrone Smith. We're seeing that start to pay off. You hate that he's going to miss this time, but at least he'll be back.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. Do you guys believe in miracles?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: Now I'm Michael's baby.
Speaker 8: O to spell miracle. You need three letters, m R and boys.
Speaker 6: The fact we had people waiting on the MRI to officially report this news.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 8: I want to give kudos.
Speaker 6: To a miracle, but I'm saying you gotta listen to me here, but the A and the the guys that actually waited to run this story. Of course, you know, everyone wants to be first. They don't always need to be right. In this case, there are a lot of fans. There are a lot of fans out there that are expecting news to come from a trustworthy source. I think now in today's age, it's hard to find those things. Not for nothing, but Dallascowboys dot Com doesn't an incredible job of giving you the correct news. It may not be the very first thing that you see, but it's always right. And I want to give a shout out to these guys here. If you're not following these guys, you're doing yourself with disservice when it comes to Cowboys News Cowboys Resources, because it's the best in the game.
Speaker 8: It seriously is.
Speaker 1: Thank you really quickly before I throw it back to you, Kyle, I'll be remiss if I didn't mention in this competition to figure out the left tackle situation. Awsome Richards. Awesome Richards is going to play into this in a big way, as far as he might be. That's why I said, I'd be remiss if I didn't miss mention awesome Richards.
Speaker 9: That's so I gotta let's let's do a little exercise here, all right, Let's say.
Speaker 1: No, no, Josh like I can do this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you also can't spell misery without mr negative. He still, So that's what I'm kind to kind of go off here. Let's say Tyler Guidan's out for week one or week two?
Speaker 7: What what do you do? What do you do at left tackle? Do you move Tyler snow back out there? Do you keep him inside? Do you what do you do?
Speaker 9: Because here's the thing, Brian Schotheimer said it over and over and over and over and over again. The best five guys are going to be out there. I think Tyler Smith is an.
Speaker 7: All Pro guard.
Speaker 9: I think he is a good left tackle. And right now, if you have a good left tackle on this team and you don't feel like you've got that behind him, or you have a serviceable left tackle behind him, then you know, and bear with me here Tyler Smith to left tackle, You move Tyler Looker to the left side where he played in college at Alabama, and then you put bra Khaffman, who stepped in last year when Zach Martin was heard at right guard. If I don't think as a temporary as a temporary solution, that is a problem.
Speaker 7: It's it's definitely not what it would make things complicated. And I don't mean to cut you off.
Speaker 9: Is Tyler Smith's contract situation, sure, because if he wants language in there about switching left tackle.
Speaker 7: And because then that money is going to change drastically.
Speaker 1: Leney is bigger.
Speaker 9: Much more than left guard money, bigger money, and I think you should be const compensated accordingly.
Speaker 7: But as a temporary solution, this was.
Speaker 4: A full season thing. I agree with you, Tyler.
Speaker 5: Tyler Smith outside, we figured it out because we've got an until the opening game. You've got an opportunity to practice him at that spot and be solidified up front.
Speaker 4: But we've seen what the roller coaster in the revolving door of.
Speaker 5: An offensive line looks like at times, especially when it involves Tyler Smith.
Speaker 4: He's an All Pro interior offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: And he's a good left tackle You're right, and I think that would have been the full solution if because you have more interior depth anyways, you've got guys like Hoffman and Bass and Jones when he comes back hopefully that you can kind of rely on. Whereas your tackle depth you don't have the same amount of confidence in it. I don't want to move my one solidified part of my offensive line for one or two games. If it's for the whole season and we can practice it and he can get the reps at left tackle, then fine, But I'm not gonna sit here and move him back and forth for a game or two just to survive.
Speaker 8: Does the opponent of week one change your mind?
Speaker 4: It should, but it doesn't because they're gonna tear you up anyways. Because what about the confidence level of Tyler Smith?
Speaker 5: If you moved him out there for week one and he's only going to be there for a week or two and he gets absolutely annihilated as a tackle, and then you have to do that and you have to move that around. I would rather Tyler Smith be healthy and in the middle of the spot he's practiced throughout the last two or three years consistently, and keep him at left.
Speaker 9: Guard if I want real quick, if you're wanting to look at week one and you plan around that opponent, then Tyler Smith needs to play left guard because you've got Jordan Davis.
Speaker 1: That's my point. This is why the opponent being the Philadelphia Eagles doesn't change the fact that I agree with Kyle wholeheartedly. Here. When you're talking about moving Tyler Smith, you're talking about several things, right, because it's going to cause a rift, the shockwave down the line. Like you said, now you're gonna have to go Tyler the Booker over to left guard. You're going to have to, you know, bring bro Hoffman up and move him all those things, when in actuality, what I would prefer to do is keep the Tyler Booker, Cooper Bebe and Tyler Smith trio in the middle for George, Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter and have to deal with that front. And then I'm going to challenge Brian Schottenheimer to scheme accordingly. Knowing that you might have a little bit of a weaker spot on your left tackle, scheme for at least one week can probably help solve, solve, or at least soften that issue. Right, So whatever the play calling needs to be adjust that for week one, knowing that you're a little bit more vulnerable on the left tackle spot than you had initially planned to be, and that for me would go a long way and giving me instant confidence in Brian Schottenheimer's ability to call and handle an entire playbook. So I would I would challenge Schottenheimer in that aspect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that could.
Speaker 6: Be as simple as having players that roll out to the right side. I mean it could be something like that where it's not only scheming for protection on the side, but rolling out.
Speaker 1: At least a couple of read options keep them off balance. And but you're really going to need to establish the run game, especially against the Philadelphia Eagles, and the better way to do that is to keep Tyler Smith right where he is.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's I think it's I'm with you as across the board. I think you know you keep Tyler Smith roy Is. I just wanted to go through the thought exercise.
Speaker 6: No, but I would argue that if we're talking best starting five, and if this is something Brian Schottenheimer believes in, I think you're right on the money. I think that is your best starting five in the case that Tyler Goyiton isn't ready to go, but it's how he arrange them.
Speaker 7: Really, Yeah, yeah, it's how you arrange them.
Speaker 9: And I think, you know, making one move instead of three, especially if it's only for a short time period, is what you need to do there. So you lean on Austin Richards and became a Dentegy who's had a good camp, and Nate Thomas, who Brian Schotenneimers brought up more than once unprompted. So I think they can figure it out there, and you can send a tight end to help all kinds of things left.
Speaker 5: To right, left tackle to right tackle. What's your starting offensive line look like week one?
Speaker 4: Go? Uh, just a guess week one without guiding.
Speaker 7: I think it's I would you?
Speaker 4: I would, yes, But what would you do?
Speaker 9: I'm going, yeah, I'm going Richards, I'm going Richards, Tyler Smith, BB Booker Steele.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's exactly my foot exactly.
Speaker 4: You would go there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I would.
Speaker 5: I would contend that Dentergy could play left tackle, but he hasn't played in the left side at any point in his career, so we would have to see it out here first.
Speaker 4: So I agree with you.
Speaker 5: That's gonna that's gonna be put Richard's there, but I bet you he gets and I d energy for those that watch the film throughout the weekends or throughout the week and they see it on the Twitter, he's seventy five.
Speaker 4: Keep that in mind. Seventy five is gonna be at playing left tackle.
Speaker 5: I think at some point over the next three weeks of camp and maybe in.
Speaker 6: The preseason, it's gonna be interesting to watch that battle for sure.
Speaker 5: And while while the whole scenario feels like we dodged a bullet and the Cowboys dodged a bullet, you look back at it and you say, man, our starting left tackle who missed time last year was graded as the one hundred and sixteenth out of one hundred and forty one offensive tackles in football according to PFF. And a guy that dealt with ankle, neck, and shoulder injuries last year is not at camp. I think if this news would have hit initially, it would have been a lot more devastating than if it came after the.
Speaker 4: Initial report of season ending.
Speaker 5: I mean, four to six weeks for a guy that needed camp is still a long time.
Speaker 1: To be out.
Speaker 9: But we were happy he's gonna be yeah, regardless, regardless, you're happy, he's gonna be back, because if it would be much more, it was the opposite, no doubt.
Speaker 4: All Right, when we come back here on Talking.
Speaker 5: Cowboys, some guys got paid, or one guy got paid, but could it lead to other guys getting paid. We're gonna talk about Jake Ferguson's new fifty two million dollars deal. How does that trickle effect down the tight end room and how how does it possibly start the domino effect of contract situations here in oxnar more Talking Cowboys right after this.
Speaker 10: AT and T has a new guarantee. Because most things in life are not guaranteed, like getting through self checkout by.
Speaker 11: Yourself warning, each item must be placed in the bagging area.
Speaker 4: NAH guarantee.
Speaker 11: Place item in the bagging area. Place it in the bagging area.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve, or we make it right. Burms and conditions. Supplyve is a att dot com slast guarantee for details. AT and T connecting changes everything.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to have to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 12: If you shout how about them cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even tastier.
Speaker 8: It's a Pepper thing.
Speaker 5: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP to Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Need a little extra coffee this week. Need the caffeine to cover this team throughout. I don't have any BRCC out here. I talked to our rep the other day.
Speaker 4: I was like, can we get like a case of this for everyone because we need it. It's I think we might have something at some point.
Speaker 8: It is a major one something brewing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, coffee, we're on fire today, sir. Let's go, dude.
Speaker 1: We still have a recover from that's going to be the best one mile are uh.
Speaker 5: By the way, if you're new to the show, we do a YouTube comment of the day just to have a little fun for those It's got to be witty, it's got to be encouraging.
Speaker 4: It's got to be something that will make us chuckle. You know. It could be something funny, as long as it's clean. I guess yeah.
Speaker 5: In the YouTube comments, and the first one that I saw today is going to be our YouTube comment of the day. When I opened up my laptop and I opened up YouTube, Noah said, hey, Fellas, whenever Tommy and Patrick squaring off in the forty or did it already happen?
Speaker 4: No, it did not happen.
Speaker 1: It did. We're waiting.
Speaker 7: We're waiting for you to get here.
Speaker 4: We actually were, I know, but but now I'm here, you are.
Speaker 1: What are we doing? It's it's it's actually on, tom it's whatever. I'm ready whenever. You're the challenger, So go right now.
Speaker 7: I'll go right now. We can do if we had a mobile, it.
Speaker 1: Can work very ollen. Did you get it done? No, seriously? Whenever?
Speaker 5: Okay, so whenever it's good, you want to try and do it, like next Monday.
Speaker 4: Sure, we gotta show Monday.
Speaker 8: We gotta show Monday.
Speaker 4: You want to do it this weekend. When's the off day of this weekend?
Speaker 1: H wow, Sunday, Sunday, Sundays third day, Sunday Sundays.
Speaker 4: The day Or do we want to do it in front of fans?
Speaker 1: Man? We can do it, no fans, front of fans. We could do it in the church service. It doesn't matter to me. It's gonna be the same results either way, because you're gonna you're gonna need, need, want to. He just just remember that I was minding my own business and this young man called me out. So whatever happens now is whatever.
Speaker 8: How about after practice Wednesday?
Speaker 7: I will okay, I will you want to get it out away?
Speaker 8: Well I want to?
Speaker 1: Well no, no, no, not after practice. The reason I say that is because we have content to create after practice. I mean, we have something to about John you you know, as the webmaster, you know we.
Speaker 7: Have articles to write already.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's fun enough shot, Let's.
Speaker 8: Just let's just just advocate with calm.
Speaker 1: Res in Wednesday's prime. Let's just have shot high eager flu just push everybody to the side.
Speaker 4: Let's just let's not do that. Floyd said, he's smoking everybody up there.
Speaker 1: I don't know Floyd California that that that smells like a pull up, right, So come on, come on, pull up.
Speaker 4: You can get in the mix too if you want to.
Speaker 1: Anybody can get I'm spectating, anybody can come.
Speaker 4: I'm reserving all my trash talk for Oh.
Speaker 1: Now he's reserving the trash, the change in tone.
Speaker 9: I have said everything, Oh, the change everything that's needed to be said.
Speaker 7: Hey, I'm gonna smoke you, and it's I'm gonna win it.
Speaker 1: What's what's crazy for that?
Speaker 4: My friends?
Speaker 8: Because here on talking calend you to say.
Speaker 7: With said, I've said everything that I've needed to say with my I.
Speaker 1: Have the receipts and I will be dropping those receipts afterwards. Now he wants to play the cool and the humble guy because I was minding my business. I've said it once, I'll say it can just leave me be. But now that you've placed your order, when it comes from the kitchen, you don't get to send it back. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's all you got.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, we don't have to send back to the kitchen because he got a got a contract. He's sticking around for a little bit a little bit sticking around for four more years. A little contract extension for Jake Ferguson fifty two million dollars. Thirty of that guaranteed well deserved by Jake just because of the what he's meant to really the core of this offense, even though he had a down year last year, and I know he's faced some significant criticism from that. I've been very vocal on here to where I think that was a fluke. I think that was something that just didn't work out last year. One because you didn't have your starting quarterback after the Atlanta game, and two because he had dealt with the injuries all the way up until.
Speaker 4: Seemed like the Atlanta game.
Speaker 5: I think Jake Ferguson is a solid piece to continue to build around on this offense. Josh, I'll start with you, what do you think about the fifty two million dollar extension? Do you feel like it came at the right time and what does it do for Jake Ferguson's role in this offense.
Speaker 6: Well, I couldn't be happier for Jake Ferguson, first off. Second off, the fact that they're getting it done early. This is something that the fans have been out of advocating for a long time, and I'm sure the front office wants to do that all the time.
Speaker 8: It's like, yeah, let's get ahead of this. Coming off of.
Speaker 6: His statistically worst season. He didn't have a touchdown last season, and granted it's for a lot of reasons, but not to He didn't give any excuses for it either. He just said it needed to be better, and he said that coming off of last season, to prepare the same way going into the last season for this season would be the definition of insanity. He wants different results than he had last season. I'm looking forward to seeing it. But in terms of getting the deal done, you love to see that. You love to see how that might impact getting more deals done. As we get through the rest of camp, let's get like, I don't know, one more today, one more tomorrow, one more you know, like, let's just keep going down and keeping the guys that matter.
Speaker 8: This is a guy that is staying for all the right reasons.
Speaker 6: And the fact that they got that Linda Wells is back with the Cowboys on the coaching staff, I think it was very indicative from the beginning that like, Okay, we're gonna have Jake Ferguson around for a minute, not only for his role and his relationship with Dak Prescott, but now you keep Linda Well's yeah, and that is all more telling to how he's going to contribute to the offense.
Speaker 1: I think it's the perfect storm for Jake Ferguson to have a bounce back season as long as Dak Prescott can remain healthy and the Cowboys offensive line can keep him upright, I think that you know, Jake Ferguson is set to potentially have another pro bo season. Here's why I say that when you look at the weapons that were present when he had his Pro Bowl season two years ago, versus the fact that now you have a George Pickens on the roster to tandem with Cede Lamb, and then again, assuming that Dak Prescott plays the entire season, offensive line comes together. You can't defend everybody, You simply can't. And Jake Ferguson's style of play, attacking the scene, getting yalls after the catch, his aggressive dog mentality. He's one of the enforcers on the offensive side of the ball. Biscuit. He is a big biscuit. Per him, he is a big Biscuit. Big Biscuit was in the air a few times. Might see him in the air again this season. I think that you know, it's it's easy and it's justifiable for fans to wonder about the timing coming off of the worst year that he's seen as a pro. But again, if you look at what he's done prior, and then you look at what he did at the collegiate level, that was a complete aberration. He could not find chemistry with Cooper Rush. He battled the concussion, he battled the nie brain. He's healthy now, he looks good, he's moving well. So I think that he's earned the money. And one of the reasons that he was awarded that is because he didn't he didn't set the market. Right, he is mathematically the highest paid tight end in the in franchise history, but he didn't set the market. Okay, but all things being told, he's the definitive leader of that tight ends room. He and Lounda Wales their relationship. I reported on that on Dallas Cowboys dot Com had an exclusive Q and A with Lounde Whales. He couldn't be more thrilled that Jake is return. Jake could not have been more thrilled that Lound Wales chose to return this off season. Now they're going to be together for you know, hopefully years to come, and that makes it That makes a lot of sense as far as the productivity goes, because consistency, it's really just hard to beat that with continuity.
Speaker 6: And you're talking about a guy that big dogs Jamal Adams in Seattle. I mean, come on, you love to see that, and that's a guy that you want to enter team for a team that was lacking dogs arguably over the last couple of seasons.
Speaker 8: You want to keep guys like that around.
Speaker 5: That might be my favorite play by play call, just from like a fan standpoint I've ever made, because that was the game I filled in for Brad and.
Speaker 8: He brings it up all the time.
Speaker 5: It's all right, well, no, it's because it made talking cowboys like come out in me, because I was like, that play was so badass that it.
Speaker 4: Made the talking cowboys element like pops out in the play.
Speaker 5: And if you go back and listen to it, it's like Fergie goes up to again. Jabal Adams was over the top, but it doesn't matter. And you had that in the call and I was like, this is awesome. The play that he made was incredible, and he went up and grabbed it over the top of him and just like you said, big dog the dude.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 5: That's the thing is for fans that are complaining or criticizing or criticizing the lawnmower behind us.
Speaker 8: Keep up the good work man.
Speaker 5: For those that are criticizing this deal in the way when it got done, and this is where you want it to get done. If you're a fan of the Cowboys in the front office, it comes after a down year, so the contract's cheaper than what it could be at the end of an incredible year.
Speaker 4: Also, not to mention, if you get any ounce of twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Three, Jake Ferguson, Yeah, then you're gonna be fine.
Speaker 4: This contract's gonna be well well well worth it.
Speaker 5: You go back and you look at he had seven hundred and ninety yards back in twenty twenty three. That was behind guys like George Kittle, Travis Kelcey, Evan Ingram, TJ. Hawk In, Sam Laporta, David and Joku, Trey McBride.
Speaker 4: Good company, that's it.
Speaker 1: It's good company.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 5: He's above every other tight end in the NFL in twenty twenty three, So if he can get back to that, and that's not saying he's the best tight end in the NFL. That's saying he needs to be in that same category and some of those other guys.
Speaker 4: If he's in that category, I think this is a deal well done.
Speaker 1: And I'll said this really quickly before you tap in Tommy when it comes to your initial question, Kyle, who might that now open the door for what I've learned in covering the Cowboys, particularly as far as their training camp negotiations, sometimes it only takes one deal to break the damn for the next two or three deals to land. We saw that not so long ago when it was Trayvon Diggs, MALIEK. Cooker, Donovan Wilson. Okay, that could very well be a situation here this time around. Now hopefully that will involve Michael, but that's a much different conversation as far as the size of that particular deal. But I could very well see maybe a dran Bland negotiation going well for them following this Jake Ferguson negotiation. We'll see if Tyler Smith's negotiate because his agent was on the field talking to the executives yesterday, so those talks are in play as well. So again I'll say, normally it only takes one contract to land and then you will see like two or three others kind of land in the domino. Effit.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think you guys hit the nail on the head in terms of Ferguson and what that means. I don't even think he needs to have a twenty twenty three esque season. I just think he needs to be a reliable safety blanket for Dak Prescott, and if he does that at a consistent level, then he's going to be just fine, have a good year, and the Cowboys offense is going to be better for it.
Speaker 7: I do like the point you made about is does this.
Speaker 9: Open the door for more negotiations, Because we were talking to Steven Jones the other day that was asked, he said, somebody asked I think it was Todd Archer asked him. Coaches say the turnovers coming bunches. Can deal's coming bunches. So sure it takes two though, Yeah, it takes two. And that's what this front office has said from the jump with everybody that they've been at that they've been apart with you know, obviously Michael Parsons is the big one right now that everybody's looking at, and the front office has been adamant about that. It takes two to tango there. But I was on the fan this morning and they asked me a good question. It was like, Deron Bland, Michael Parsons, Tyler Smith, in what order do you think they sign? And I'm curious as to y'all's thoughts on this as well. I said, Smith, Parsons, Bland.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. Well. Initially when camp started and I said this on camping out, I said, I believe that Deron Bland will be the first one to jump out. Happy to say I was wrong, especially considering who got the deal done first. Jake Ferguson, big fan of ferg I still want to go with Deron Bland. Nicks hearing some whispers that things are moving positively with Tyler Smith. So I'm going to agree with Tommy here. I'm going to say I think because I'm hearing whispers, I think things are moving positively. I'm gonna say Smith, Bland, Michael. I think Michael bookends it. I think he's the biggest obviously he's the biggest flash, but I think his is what it kind of sets the tone for the season.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because they all have different situations. Yes, very between the three specific players and the guard get paid this morning or yesterday. Boy, I wouldn't know about that one.
Speaker 9: It was tackle clanking on his name charge chargers right, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so another offensive line sounds like I didn't see a guard, but you keep.
Speaker 4: Yes, later got paid. That was a big one.
Speaker 5: But when you look at the the three situations, Tyler Smith, Michael Parks, is Ron Blanddron Bland, out of all three of those guys, has the biggest chip on his shoulder to either have an incredible season out here and try and cash in on it and bet on himself, or to get a deal done now where his stock is still very high, because there's a lot of pressure on him, not not by a fault of his own, but by the fault of missing some games last year and the fault of guys around him not being healthy. Trayvon Diggs savone rebel guys like that that he's going to have to rely on outside of him. He's going to be tested against the number one receivers. At this point in time, he will face team's number ones.
Speaker 4: That's just where we are as a ball club.
Speaker 5: So if the cornerback position stays as light as he does, darn Blant may want to try and get this done now because if he has a down year, his contract worth isn't gonna be there as much now.
Speaker 4: The team may not want to echo that sentiment.
Speaker 5: Whereas Tyler Smith, he's he could play out this year, he could take as long as he wants because he has played at the high level and he can kind of sit back on that same thing that Micah did last year going into last year, and then Micah of course is where he is now. So it really all kind of pieces together differently. But if I wouldn't have heard the Tyler Smith whispers as well, like I would probably say.
Speaker 4: Bland gets it done because he's.
Speaker 5: Got the encouragement and he's got the reason to go and get it done now.
Speaker 6: Well, if you think of Deron Bland not also being here the past few days to welcome his child in the world, I think that's a big part of why maybe those whispers have kind of quieted. He obviously had some family stuff that he needs to deal with at this point, I would probably say Tyler Smith first, then Deron Bland, and then Micah. It's gonna be one of those I feel. I don't know any I feel it would be one of those things, similar to Dak when he got his deal done right before Week one like that. I think it was the morning of that game, So that to me kind of feels indicative. But you're talking about Deron Bland, who wants to get his deal done and shot. He's talked about how versatile he's going to be out here, and seeing him on the field this year, I mean, he's not just going to play that outside spot, which is what we're kind of accustomed to from him. I think his versatility is going to help him ultimately because this coaching staff wants him here. I want him here, the fans want him here because of that incredible season that he had. Hopefully he's able to build on it and not say it was a fluke.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's everything that Josh, Tommy and Cole have all said collectively about Deron Blaine and I'm going to add this because we're speaking about how he was he his family were blessed enough to welcome a child just to the family. I'm going to speak on this as a father. Okay, So as a father. If you look at it from that angle, I could see Deron Bland wanting to lock up job security. I could see him wanting to make sure that he and his family are is completely set, especially with a new born looking him in the eyes. And I asked him about it yesterday, like does this ad now? Does it? But how does it add added motivation as far as now that your father and whatnot? And he said, you know, knowing that you have to set the tone. You have to be the role model, and you have to set the example. I hear those father that father energy coming from him now. So not only is he looking to have a strong season, but you mentioned something Kle that the front office has to want to do it as well. Here's why I think they should want to do it. For everything that Josh said. Treyvon Diggs is on Puff right now, Savon Revel is on n F five. You just lost Kailyn Carson for four to six weeks, and then that's him trying to work back from a season ending shoulder injury last season. Right now, you have Kyer elim standing out. Okay, and Andrew Booth left practice, that's TBD. What's the situation there? And he just had one of his best practices. Right You signed Christian Matthew, who's reuniting with Matt Eberflus from their short time in Chicago together. But you have so many question marks to answer at cornerback right now? Which question mark do you not have? Prison it's Deron Blan. The only question mark you have for Deron Blan is can you get back to first team All Pro status? But as far as the foot injury being anomalous to his durability, he's He's your versatile, versatile guy, you're trying to figure out multiple positions. He's your durable guy. He's your all pro that's present in accounting for right now. I think the front office wants to get the deal done. I think Deron Blan wants to get the deal done. I think now that he's back in the building, can grease the wheels a little.
Speaker 4: Bit, maybe can get things going there.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be interesting because he could also be one guy that the Cowboys want to let play out throughout the season on himself and see what happens. That's what I'm because then we gotta go to break here. But then it comes down to him or George Pickens too, because George Pickens is gonna be a big contract at the end of the year that you know will be played out.
Speaker 1: Don't get me started on the Sailary cap. You've got space, you can make space.
Speaker 4: You can make it happen.
Speaker 5: But at the same time, there's gonna be another contract that's about the hit, and you're gonna have three of the highest paid players in the NFL on your roster at the same time. There is ways, there are ways to finangle you are, Yeah, but I don't know if it's going off that much.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: When we come back on Talking Cowboys, we wrap things up with some defensive dominance. We've seen some good things out of the defense over the last couple of days.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: One of those might be that corner that you mentioned in ki eir Elam. How big could he be for this Cowboys team in twenty twenty five? More Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Right after this, they say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit Unitedagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: As America's leading business lender, Bank of America is on your corner and in your corner with over nine billion dollars in business loans, and we're more than one hundred and forty business specialists right here in North Texas. We help businesses thrive, so communities prosper. What would you let the power to do? Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Local Business. Bank of America Official Bank of FIFA Club World Cup twenty twenty five Copyright twenty twenty five. Bank of America Corporation, always reserved at and.
Speaker 10: T has a new guarantee because most things in life are not guaranteed, like getting through self checkout by.
Speaker 11: Yourself warning each item must be placed in the bagging area. Not guarantee place item in the bagging area. Place item in the bagging area.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 10: AT and T guarantees connectivity. You depend on deals you want, in service you deserve, or we make it right burms and conditions. Survive is a att dot com slash guarantee for details. AT and T Connecting changes everything.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee isle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have.
Speaker 4: Served our nation.
Speaker 5: Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Back here on Talking Cowboys. This segment brought to you by in viz.
Speaker 5: A line the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys back alongside Tommy Rrish, Patrick No C Walker, Josh Rodriguez. Down at the end, I'm Kyle Elmes with Chris beam In the front this time here in training camp, doing a great job of setting it up every single day so we can bring these podcasts to you live like mom in the front.
Speaker 8: It's nice, it's nice to look at it. It's like it's like we have an audience for real.
Speaker 4: Beam.
Speaker 8: I'll take you in the front any day, Beam, and then on.
Speaker 4: The back to watch. You know, I wish we had a live audience. That'd be fun.
Speaker 5: I know Nick Eatman's trying to find something like that happening through storyline very soon.
Speaker 4: But kick off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good idea. Yeah, Beam, we love you. I love you and all your hard work out here. You do a great job. They like you when you're behind them, Beam.
Speaker 4: All right, Uh, let's get into the defense.
Speaker 5: At times it feels like the defense has been behind the offense. But I think right now you can say the defense is in front of the offense and the way that they've kind of worked their way into this turnover heavy run to the football sort of Matt Eberflu's mentality. I mean, it's been fun to watch out here in practice.
Speaker 4: Patrick.
Speaker 5: I'll start with you, whatever you've been your your initial reactions on the defense, Well.
Speaker 1: I think the defense is doing exactly what they're setting out to do. We saw and heard Brian Schottenheimer said that he expects this Cowboys defense to be one of the best in the league when it comes to taking the ball away, and they're doing exactly that. Seems like they do it every day. And actually it's not that it seems like they're doing it every day. They actually do it.
Speaker 4: They have done it.
Speaker 8: They actually do.
Speaker 1: It every day. And on top of that, now that the pads are on, I mean, you're seeing guys fly around. Malik Hooker had the best day of his camp so far. Uh and you could argue that his intensity spilled over just a little bit because Brian Schottenheimer said that he's seeing too many guys on the ground. Apparently Millie Cooker did not get that memo, because he was in fact putting some guys on the ground. But he couldn't help himself. He's he's playing. Yesterday, he was practicing like his hair was on fire and.
Speaker 4: Stopped pick up his footing. He slept on a screen. He looked up and.
Speaker 1: But that's the that's the level of intensity. You got.
Speaker 4: Guys like chance to break down and like veer off and he did not.
Speaker 1: Why do that when you can just wake a guy up. Okay, hooker's playing to that level or practicing to that level. Sam Williams, Uh, he's champing at the bit to the point where he's barking in meetings, you know what I mean. So rather it be those guys or.
Speaker 4: Some of the other guest Parks sounded like, I'm gonna go with it.
Speaker 1: I figure it had some bass. I feel like it was more rocking.
Speaker 4: Impression is what I'm trying to get to.
Speaker 1: There it is, Okay, I I've got good practice doing that. And why is that? Tell me? Why do I have good practice? Because go dogs?
Speaker 4: What is your best impression? Josh, what do you think it was?
Speaker 1: That's what Sam?
Speaker 8: Maybe you never know. I'm not gonna judge me.
Speaker 4: That's that's exactly my thought on your impression.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got to bring it from the chest, from the inside, from the innards. But the defense is flying around, you know, even though they're supposed to be in thudding, only their guys on the ground, they're intercepting the ball. Uh, They're challenging the offense to take the next steps. And this ultimately should be an iron stoppings iron situation before it's all sit and done.
Speaker 6: First thing I'm seeing when it comes to the defense, I was very concerned after losing Al Harris last offseason. To me, I don't think the secondary has taken a step back because David Overstreet has done an amazing job with the secondary so far.
Speaker 8: And just seeing their bond grow as we get energy, His energy, the the the But.
Speaker 6: The bond between the secondary so far has been a parent You see them picking the ball off like crazy, you see them celebrating, you see them encouraging each other. That's exactly what you want to see. Obviously we're here at training camp. It all depends, and I talked about it, what was it last episode recorder on Thursday where it's like, does this concern you how much the defense is taking the ball away? But I just think it's all encompassing of how the team is reacting and like they're scoring practice, the coaching staff is scoring practice. I think that's I haven't heard of that before. To me, it just sounds like they have the right mentality going into it. I have questions on other sides of the defense, but at least the secondary currently is is shining.
Speaker 4: Safeties or are you talking corner rotation to.
Speaker 8: Corner corner safety.
Speaker 5: Mollie Cooker is a stands played really well, another standout if he's on the field, and that's that's that's the fun problem.
Speaker 4: When they're on the field, are they gonna be fine? Are they? Are they good?
Speaker 5: But they haven't been on the field a whole lot. I mean, the secondary I agree with you is when they're out there. Give a lot of credit to this coaching staff for what they've done with kyer elm might be the biggest pickup of the off season and we haven't even played a game yet. Yeah, he may be the biggest acquisition in this offseason, not counting the NFL Draft, but that they made from a trade or a signing or what it.
Speaker 6: Wasn't making moves when we when that move was made and when that trade was made.
Speaker 5: He's kind of like he could be a starter even after everybody comes back.
Speaker 4: You can find his way into a rotation. If kyer Elan plays like this and he's your fourth corner, what.
Speaker 1: Are you talking?
Speaker 5: That would be a we would feel so much better about this group came back.
Speaker 1: It also bears mentioning that in the Dan Quinn era, we know that Dan Quinn was responsible for this Cowboys defense leading the league in takeaways.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Two training camps would go they were taking the ball away just like they are right now, and two years ago Dak Prescott went on to become NFL MVP running row. Yeah, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the fact that the Cowboys defense is taking the ball away as it relates to Oh, well, I'm concerned that the offense is not give them time to jail. They'll be fine. I want to see the defense doing exactly what he's doing right.
Speaker 7: Now, and you want to see a good balance, right.
Speaker 4: I think it's always.
Speaker 9: Good to have balance between the two because you don't want one side just dominating the other all the time, because then that tells you that one side isn't as strong as the other.
Speaker 6: That was exactly how I felt last year when I was like, this defense looks good, man, and then it was that constantly all of last camp, and I was like, man, this defense is something, and it was more so indicative of how the offense is going to operate and how kind of just not gelling they were. They didn't have the juice really last year, especially in terms of like running back. But yeah, I think what you're saying, balance is key here.
Speaker 9: And I'll say this with Matty Erfluss's defense, you're more than likely gonna get two things. You're gonna stop the run, You're gonna turn the ball over. And one thing I think he's getting this year that he didn't get as much in Chicago is these guys are.
Speaker 7: Gonna get after the quarterback. Oh, these guys are going to get after the quarterback.
Speaker 9: Dak Prescott has been in the trenches sometimes in these practices because he just doesn't have the time to throw. The pocket collapses on him so fast. And it's because the Cowboys defense has a plethora of edge rushers. They can get home and can get to the quarterback, which is something that Maddy Briflus just didn't have in Chicago and now he does.
Speaker 5: I think when you look at this defense in this competition that they're having with the offense, like you said, I haven't heard of it scored as diligently, but people kind of keep track of it, and that's kind of where it is. But I mean, like to your point, Brian Schottenheimer's like, Yeah, the defense won this drill.
Speaker 4: The offense won this trial, the defense won this drill, and then we went.
Speaker 5: To a tiebreaker that included props in the pads early on just to break the tide for the day. So the defense or offense, whatever it was, won the day. So all of that that plays into that competition element every day. The fact that it is as even as it has been and it is a back and forth. That's exactly what you want to see. And that plays to what Tommy was just talking about. You have to see consistency because if the offense is dominating on one end, and I think they have at certain points of this camp, but then the defense is answered back and then it's been back and forth from there. And so I thought yesterday I thought the offense looked better. I would have said the off.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, time looked cleaner.
Speaker 5: Even though Schottenheimer said that they won Saturday's practice, I thought Saturday was a lot of run game, a lot of ground stuff, and the passing game was very shaky. Going back and watching yesterday, it looked like they found some rhythm on the offensive side in the passing game. And if you can continue to have that back and forth, I think this is going to be a really productive.
Speaker 1: As rooted in the offensive line starting to come together. So that's why it would have been that much more devastating if you lose Tyler Guiden for the season, because Guyden had another strong game, strong practice yesterday, as you alluded to, especially against Ezraku. And we can't stress just enough although israk who is a rookie And this is not the hype machine because I don't do the hype machine, but based upon what I'm seeing and also what coaches are saying, and I posted on Twitter yesterday.
Speaker 8: Look at you can't look at what he's doing.
Speaker 1: Look at old Diggi Zoo's face when I asked him what impresses him most about Israeko? Just go look at his facial expression because that'll tell more than the actual quote itself. There's an elation that kind of washed over his face, like this kid when you get a guy of that caliber osa having that kind of reaction talking about a rookie. And then you on the flip side, you see Tyler Guidon being able at least fifty percent of the time, more often than fifty percent of the time winning those reps. Guytan is on the right pass so the offensive line is jelling you hate that guy is going to miss the entirety of the preseason and the rest of training camp. But hopefully when he comes back, he can pick right back up where he's leaving off.
Speaker 4: And he had some ups and downs.
Speaker 5: He had some good things that he did, he had some bad things that he did, and there was a lot of hype around him. I think a lot of it was hope instead of hype. And the hype started for me yesterday before the injury, and so that was when he went down. It was really it was a devastating one. Best wishes to Tyler and all the other guys. I mean, there have been a long list of injuries already. Yeah, some of them more severe than others. But hopefully we'll.
Speaker 4: Get those guys back here Richards pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Show me you're awesome.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be a big one for awesome Richards over the next couple weeks.
Speaker 4: All right, We will be back.
Speaker 5: On Thursday, nine am Pacific eleven am Central Time on Dallascowboys dot Com. We're talking Cowboys and then we go Monday Wednesday next week to continue into Cowboys training Camp twenty twenty five for Tommy Irish Patrick no c Walker for Josh Rodriguez and Chris Bigaman in the front. I'm Kyle Yeomen saying so long from Oxnart, California.
Speaker 4: We'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.