Speaker 1: Second date of day, a guy named Chris wrote us saying he's made a rule to never ask a woman out ever again.
Speaker 2: Really wait after whatever happened that he's on the phone.
Speaker 1: With us for before, I'm just reading this from his email. But Chris explained he learned a new strategy from a video that he saw where if you're a guy and you say, hey, would you like to go out to dinner with me on Saturday night? Yeah, you're already putting yourself at a disadvantage right there. Why Because in the woman's mind, she is thinking, if I say yes, then I'm doing him a favor and he's gonna end up having a great night because of me.
Speaker 3: Wait, she's not thinking, Wow, I'm really excited to us free meal. Yeah, she's thinking.
Speaker 1: She's thinking, sorry, I was being more, we're going beyond the meal. She's thinking, if I say yes, then I'm giving him the gift of spending time with me. If I say no, then this loser has nothing going on in his life. He is going to spend the entire evening all alone in his apartment watching net and eating old pizza.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that's right. I don't think that's how women think.
Speaker 1: Even if that's not true, that's what it says, that's what a lot of women think. So instead, he uses a different strategy that makes him look really, really good when he asks people out, all right, I want to know what it is.
Speaker 3: I love when men say what women think. It's so cute. Okay, continue, Yeah, well.
Speaker 1: Let's talk to Chris about this and see what it's all about. Chris, how you doing, man?
Speaker 4: Hey, good man, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm very curious to learn what this strategy is.
Speaker 2: So wait, is the strategy something you came up with or is this also from the video that Jeff referenced.
Speaker 4: No, I learned this on an Instagram video. But I am telling you it works ninety percent of the time. It's a fantastic little trick here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you don't ask a woman, hey, do you want to go out to dinner with me? What do you do? Instead?
Speaker 4: See what you got to do is you got to tell them that you're already doing something, and then you invite them to come along with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like you're going to dinner by yourself, I mean.
Speaker 1: Is not funny. I mean, I think you have a lot of friends and I'm sure you have a very active social life, Chris.
Speaker 3: What if you don't have plans already?
Speaker 4: Well, yes, you got to plan out your night a little bit, right, You got to put a little thought into this.
Speaker 3: That's a positive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you tell you got the night planned, You've got your going out to dinner. You're gonna go do X y Z. Now she's got a little bit of foe mo. She got a little bit of that fear of missing out on some action.
Speaker 1: I see what you're saying. You're saying you're trying to put the idea into the girl's head that you have a life outside of her, that she's not the only thing that's happening. And her answer isn't going to change you.
Speaker 5: But if she's lucky, you can squeeze her in.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: So okay, who did this work on that you went out with?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So this worked on Gina girl I met online on one of the apps. Very funny. Her and I were talking. Both had a sense of humor.
Speaker 3: That's sweet. What was your proposal? What did you already have planned that she could join you for?
Speaker 4: So I invited her this place that was opening that was serving some amazing seafood.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're like, oh, I'm gonna check out this new seafood place. You want to come with?
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I said, listen, we have half an hour, like you got to get ready now, you know, a little bit of urgency.
Speaker 5: Maybe a girl i'd be like, yeah, dog some food.
Speaker 3: I mean I feel like I would say yes just because of the pressure.
Speaker 1: Like, oh my god, no matter what you're wearing, I don't have to decide. Okay, you created urgency there that that's a good thing. So she was up for it.
Speaker 4: She was up for it, so I pick her up. She looked good. I looked good, and I told her. I said listen, I'll drive. Get in the car, I'll drive us there. And we were almost there. I like it, keep going, I said, listen, put on this blindfold because where we're going it's going to be a surprise, and I want to surprise you.
Speaker 5: Okay, super romance. I think if this has been your girlfriend for two years, but a first date.
Speaker 1: You've never met her before, hold on, let's not judge until we hear where this goes.
Speaker 4: So she puts the blindfold off. Okay, trusting, we get there. I take the blindfold off and she sees a file of fish from McDonald's right in front of her.
Speaker 2: Why I thought you were taking her to seafood.
Speaker 4: Hey it was seafood, right, technically fish.
Speaker 1: This whole thing was a prank that you were playing on her, telling her she's gonna have this nice meal, and you really took her to a fast food place and gave her ash.
Speaker 4: So she takes the blindfold off and she's looking at this file of fish, and I just see this look of confusion over her face. She was she went through every emotion. She was like pissed off for a second, but at the end of it, she just started to laugh. Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean she took the right way.
Speaker 2: Either that or she's laughing like, oh my god, of course this is my dating life.
Speaker 3: You're the virgineers there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after the joke is over, were you able to establish a romantic bond with her?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No, don't forget. I'm dressed up too. So it was funny, you know, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: It's not just at her expense.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm just still processing it.
Speaker 1: All the guys are like that's cute. Girls are like yi, So, how did how did the date end?
Speaker 4: It was good, right, So we had a great time. I dropped her off at her place, and she even admitted that that was funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what what's happened since then?
Speaker 4: So four or five days ago she invites me over to come to her place and hang out.
Speaker 1: Oh, during the nighttime or the daytime.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's gonna say come over at nine am.
Speaker 2: Jeffery, unmust she's got, like, I don't know, a sink to unclog.
Speaker 1: Over here. I thought it's a valid question. The time means important. That's a good sign that she wants you over at any time of the day.
Speaker 3: I mean, she obviously likes you. She's inviting me over.
Speaker 4: So that's what I thought. So I go to her house, I knock on her door and she doesn't answer.
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe it's another prank. You guys are just the prank couple.
Speaker 6: I would feel good to get him back.
Speaker 1: Actually it would were laughing on the other end. If it was really late at night, maybe she fell asleep before he arrived, Oh that's happened.
Speaker 3: Or if it was early in the morning.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is why the time question was so important. I guess we're never gonna know what time of day it was.
Speaker 7: Dud did you hit snooze, buddy, We're never gonna know, because now we gotta go, and we're gonna come back and try and get you a second date update and maybe get some clarity on what time it was right after this update.
Speaker 1: Pranking your date on your very first meetup is either the move of a very confident man or a very foolish one thing. We're just trying to figure out which one of those categories are. Listener Chris falls into because he convinced his date Gina, to dress up really really nice, to go out and eat some seafood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and she only had a half an hour to get ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Technically he wasn't lying because he did treat her to seafood a filet of fish sandwich at a McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Which I will say, it's my best friend's favorite. If a man took her to get a yes, she's she'd be like, I'm divorcing my husband to marry you.
Speaker 1: Books, friends love language. It's gas. But they were able to laugh about it afterwards after the prank was over, and they've been in contact since then. She hadn't invited him over, so a lot of good signs. The only problem is it's not resulting in a date yet, but that's going to be our job to step in.
Speaker 3: That's crazy that she didn't answer the door, just standing there.
Speaker 1: I know, that's rude. Actually, yeah, maybe he got the wrong door. We don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't think that.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was a big apartment complex and she just texted the apartment like building, not a specific room.
Speaker 4: No, it definitely wasn't the wrong door because it was the same door that I picked her up in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah, I forgot about that part, thank you. All right, Well I'm a dummy, So let's just end this part and get to the part where we call her and figure out what's going on.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm just a little lost here because I'm knocking at the door she didn't answer, and you know, I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 3: You are being really understanding, which is nice.
Speaker 5: I mean, she invited you over for sure, Like there wasn't like, uh, you know, there was no miscommunication text.
Speaker 3: How do you miscommunicate that?
Speaker 5: I don't know, you want to kick it some time and he's like on my way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, no, this was very clear, point blank.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, let's just point blank ask her why she's not going out with you. I'm dialing her number right now.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, is this Gina? U?
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is she?
Speaker 1: Are you sure you're Gina? Took a second.
Speaker 3: She knows she's Gina, she doesn't know who you are.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well you're the weird one in this situation.
Speaker 1: I'm jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning the.
Speaker 3: Whole shows here.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's a little weird.
Speaker 4: What's this about?
Speaker 1: This is about a segment that we do called a second Date Update, and we're trying to help one of our listeners meet up with you again after you already went out with him one time. His name is Chris.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know Chris. But did I sign up for this?
Speaker 1: No, this isn't something you sign up for. Chris emailed us because he told us about your guys' first date together.
Speaker 3: He's a spontaneous guy that Chris right. Pretty funny too.
Speaker 6: M Yeah, he's quite the charmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah is that good?
Speaker 1: He told us about the little practical joke that he played.
Speaker 2: I would love to know what was going through your head when he put a blindfold on you.
Speaker 3: You put it on yourself. I guess.
Speaker 6: But well, I mean at that point, I didn't have a choice. I was in his car.
Speaker 3: You had a choice. He puts a blindfold on. You could have said no.
Speaker 5: I mean you're fully committed.
Speaker 6: I was committed. I mean I like him, and I mean it was low key funny at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean we got the sense that you must have liked him because we heard that you even invited him over one one or one time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't I.
Speaker 1: Don't know specifically, so hung up on that, I like an idiot for it. Well, okay, you invited him over at some point, and he says that he went there and that you didn't answer the door.
Speaker 6: Oh so he told you that part too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was a pretty important part of everything, right, because that's when that's when he stopped responding to him.
Speaker 1: Well, the weird thing is that normally when we do the segment, people will ghost each other over text, or they'll just like break off communication. They won't actually set up a time to meet that person at their own place and then just not show up and answer the door.
Speaker 3: You know, you kind of like the old school physically doing.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 3: It's a lot more mystery.
Speaker 1: She's just watching in through the key hole. We're just trying to help Chris get some understanding of what's going on between you two.
Speaker 6: You know, given his well thought out plan, I wanted to get him back. And my plan didn't work.
Speaker 3: Wait what you were setting up a whole elaborate prank to prank him back?
Speaker 6: Of course?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Wait wait what didn't work? What part of the plan?
Speaker 6: So I took him that night and I said, hey, do you wanna hook up?
Speaker 5: Hey? All right?
Speaker 6: Oh it was a up text, right, And so I was like, I need you to come over in a half hour.
Speaker 2: That should have been the red flag for him, is the half hour?
Speaker 3: Because he gave her a half he still.
Speaker 5: Like, oh my gosh, we're hooking up, And so.
Speaker 3: What's the joke?
Speaker 6: So, I mean it was late and he did come over. And the thing is that I have a friend who's a tow truck driver. Okay, okay, So I live on the third floor and I have a clear view to the street view and he would have seen the tew truck driver hook up his car.
Speaker 2: Oh, you weren't going to answer the door, and you were going to get his car towed and that was the joke.
Speaker 6: I mean, not fully toad, but you know, hooked up at least to the tow truck.
Speaker 1: So that was the joke. You invited him to be hooking up, and what you meant was hooking up his car to a tow truck.
Speaker 6: What else would you have done? He did the whole seafood thing that it's a.
Speaker 3: Little fall, so I don't think he got the joke. Wait, did the tow truck thing happen because he didn't tell us about it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: See, that's the thing. My friend had another call where he actually was gonna make some money and he had to leave.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why your plan failed. You didn't So why haven't you.
Speaker 6: Called him back? Well, because I'm trying to set this up again. It was a great idea.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, God meant for each other.
Speaker 5: It's ruined.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have been ruined if we didn't call her out.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm sorry. We totally screwed this up for you, your whole plan because actually Chris has been on the other line listening to this conversation the entire time.
Speaker 6: Are you guys hitting me?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 3: W did you want to? Oh? That was good? Hose edge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: It was an elaborate praise you guy.
Speaker 6: You ruined everything that's there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Wow, this is not cool, Gina. Not cool?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, why aren't.
Speaker 3: You laughing, Chris? I thought this would be exactly your type of humor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my car? Who I mean, that's an it's an expensive car. You gotta be careful. I mean, she's gonna have my car, Toad, you can damage the car. What did I do? I bought her a Missdonald didn't know.
Speaker 3: We had the fun police.
Speaker 5: On the phone, right, I haven't buddies have damaged their car while they're getting town fish fullg.
Speaker 1: But the plan, I don't think the plan was to totally like toe your car away to some like car lot and make you pay to get it out. I've ever heard it. I think it was just like to hook it up as a joke, right, Gina.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: I mean it would have worked had my friend not had to.
Speaker 4: Leave for a real call. I mean, I'm glad the plant didn't work. That's not it. That's not even a prank. I mean, my pranks are good.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I thought you were going to be so excited you just found out this woman that you like.
Speaker 3: Was planning on seeing you again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, this doesn't work in a relationship. There's only room for like one funny person, not.
Speaker 1: Too And it's the same thing with the morning show. Only one of us can be funny. And yeah that's Jeff. No, I don't know who it is.
Speaker 6: Fish wasn't that funny? Honestly, this is going south a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you found a woman who was okay with being pranked into a McDonald's dinner and you're negative about blindfold blindfolded?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I forgot that it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, Chris, she's able to brush off your prank. Why can't you just brush off hers and laugh with her?
Speaker 4: Her prank is borderline dangerous, and you know she's gonna try to prank me again somehow, and who knows, might set the house on fire. I don't know like this.
Speaker 6: I have about four or five ideas.
Speaker 1: There is a prank cover.
Speaker 3: I think they're coming, whether they go out again or not.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean there's unfinished business between you guys, whether it's romance or pranking each other. So I'm going to offer to send you guys out again on another date that we would pay for Plus we'll toss in a couple of Brooke and Jeffrey whoope cushions from I'm.
Speaker 4: Probably gonna stop you right there and just say that I'm not interested.
Speaker 6: And you're probably yeah, are you?
Speaker 3: It was one bad taking the mud.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if I apologize to Gina here, or if I apologize to Chris, or maybe I should just apologize to the listeners. Listeners, I'm sorry that you had to sit through all of that.
Speaker 3: It was a it was just a joke.
Speaker 2: We got.
Speaker 3: Second date phone tap, so freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Why doesn't anybody just blurt out I love you anymore on the first date. Why is it that everybody is like I saw on Instagram video and now I'm gonna trick the person and prank them, and then they're gonna prank me back, and now everything's confusing and unclear. But that's just how dating is because it's the Internet trend right now.
Speaker 2: I think even before the Internet, nobody's blurting out I love you on the first date. Jeff I was weird in like eighteen fifty.
Speaker 1: It's weird than good old days. I am begging anybody listen if you recently went on a first date and you confessed your undying love for them in the first ten minutes, and you're wondering why they're not calling you back? Shoot us an email. I would love to do an easy, simple, straightforward call like that.
Speaker 3: Why you're just telling me, well, because they don't love you back? Like what do you want?
Speaker 1: They were too perfect?
Speaker 4: Yes calls.
Speaker 2: I don't know what world you and Jose are living in right now, but I don't think it exists.
Speaker 1: I'm having a good time in it. Yeah, I guess we'll just stick with the total confusion and game playing and pranking, all right.
Speaker 3: Makes for great radio, jeff isn't that what we're here for?
Speaker 4: That? It's sure?
Speaker 5: The text war is lit up.
Speaker 1: My head hurts right now, but I love it. Creat You can always email the show. We'll call that person wasn't calling you back?
Speaker 3: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.