Speaker 1: Media. All right, First of all, my bad about last week with confusing Dutch and Danish, and it seems like I didn't catch myself till the end of the thing, but it mixed up my white people. My bad and shout out for y'all being gracious to me. Yeah, Dutch ain't Danish. Danish ain't Dutch.
Speaker 2: Good politics.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, y'all.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, who hasn't texted the wrong person?
Speaker 2: Oops? Wrong text a? Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: First of all, the group chat is sacred. This is internationally known. Everyone who has ever participated in a group chat knows. We all know in the depths of our souls that if anything in this group chat has ever got out, our families, our careers, our children's perception of us, our friendship destroyed. I would argue that the group chat is the last sacred space on earth.
Speaker 2: This is where you get.
Speaker 1: To have all your debauchery, You get to be devolved, share the dankest of memes because you know it's sacred, and everybody in it understands with the equal amount of debauchery that we have all put into this thing, we all understand that this cannot come out. But you've been added to a group chat before, and when you get added to a group chat, why was you not like, let me first make sure I know everybody's number in it. And if you don't know, let's say it was a work group chat, you'd be like, Yo, this is prop, I'm the six two sixth number. Everybody say who they are so we could save you save your numbers. At some point you do that in the group chat, and if somebody don't do it, you hit the person you know directly. Have y'all never been in a group chat and be like, yo, who's the Hey, who's the nine or nine number?
Speaker 2: Like who added in?
Speaker 1: Because I'm not finna, just start talking if I don't know everybody in the group, especially the one that ain't introduced themselves, who don't double check? Now, if you was adding in a group and you don't know anybody, like none of the numbers, you might be like, oh, maybe this was a mistake, and what do you do? You lurk to see who wouldn't lurk? You just you never like you just never know. This might be dope, or you might be like this ain't none of my business and you just dip out. I've been added the group text on accident, and I realized, like, either A, this is spam or B. Y'all probably meant another prop or another Jason, but I'll usually hit that person directly, like, YO, would you trying to add me? Have you ever back when voice messages voicemail was a thing. You even had somebody acted like pocket like butt dial you and then you hear them talking. And one time I asked somebody butt dial me and they was on a date and they ended up and they was talking trash about me. I got forty five minutes of them talking trash about me. But this is why you double check. And the stakes that we talk about is maybe a little bit of embarrassment, maybe some repercussions at work, but at the end of the day, everybody knows you don't let this get out because this is sacred. So it would be safe to assume that we all agree that the stakes maybe relatively are low, but they're high enough to double check. Yeah, I might lose a job, but let's just say this group check required the highest of security clearances that our country has the offer. How come nobody was like, yo, who's the two O two number?
Speaker 2: Politics?
Speaker 3: Y'alls text.
Speaker 1: Y'all, welcome to the who They's PC group chat small group, y'all.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't so not funny, this would be the funniest four years that this country has ever off to after if it wasn't so oh, I don't know, Nazish, if it wasn't so fast. Yeah, So that abrupt, stopped and outfit change that you're seeing right now on your screen is we're hearing right now in your headphones. Is the sights and sounds of a person who exported this video wrong, and it only exported the first five minutes of the show. And then last night, as in the night before this was going to get edited, deleted the original files from his hard drive because he was just trying to make expect that is the sight and sound that you are witnessing right now. I can't be more frustrated. I don't know this has been This is Tuesday morning, okay, this is the morning that Matt mixes and Masters needs to go out on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I try to have it to him.
Speaker 1: By Monday afternoon so that we can do all the tweaks and stuff like that right now.
Speaker 2: But somehow I get to now model.
Speaker 1: The behavior that I wish our senators would give, which is not just our senators, I mean our top five. God damn it. I need to find freaking notes to my bad That's all I'm saying. I don't know why these people couldn't just be like, you know what, we fucked up, We royally royally, just we fucked up.
Speaker 2: Guys. Listen, Jason, my name is Jason.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, prop is like, that's the nickname that I got when I was thirteen.
Speaker 2: But Jason born of janis I fucked up.
Speaker 1: I deleted these files knowing full well, and I'm telling you y'all, my practice is to don't delete files that till the episode come out, just in case your boy didn't do it this time, because I thought I needed hard drive space.
Speaker 2: God dog.
Speaker 1: And you know what the thing is like, if you've ever recorded something, you get it, it's never gonna be as good as you remember. This version that you're about to hear right now that I'm gonna try to go back and find my notes on, it ain't ever gonna be as good as the one. O Lord, I'm gonna pull up my notes now because I was at least wise enough to throw the notes into the Google doc rather than just crack jokes with y'all. Ah, man, I've never been I'm so frustrated right now. I was.
Speaker 2: I was googling how to like how do you empty the trash?
Speaker 1: And I know some of you, like, uh, some of you computer nerds would probably know how to tell me how to get into my deleted files. But I'm like, at this point, you might as well just re recorded. So here we are, Matt, Oh lord, cue the theme music. All right, here we go, God dog, I still feel that pit that butterflies. I feel that, I still feel that pit in my stomach, the pit for which these men should have felt when they realized what they was doing. Now, what I'm assuming is you already noticed because it has been all of a matter of fact, what sucks about this world we in is like y'all have moved on from this. The memes are already incredible. One of the dopest memes I saw was the picture from a Succession when whole Boy kept sending the Dick pics to his like basically his play Auntie, and then he realized he just got caught and he was doing the McCaulay Culkin little brother. I love that we've embraced the Maculkin family. There's a guy in my church that looked just like one of them, but I'm too shy to ask him because he looks so much like him.
Speaker 2: And if he's not that he's like bro. People probably say that all the time.
Speaker 1: Y'all see this box of toilet paper right here or this if you looking at this video, This is how thrown off I am.
Speaker 2: Normally because the doc zp.
Speaker 1: Refer to her by her prefix uses the office, which is my little recording studio as also storage, so I usually try to move this stuff off camera. But I'm so flustered right now from the reality of this situation I'm in.
Speaker 2: Which again I hope reflex.
Speaker 1: The hearts and minds of the PC small group at this point, because the news move so fast, you should already know what happened, bruh in some of the messiest, sloppiest like I don't understand, I don't understand how at the stakes that they're at that they wasn't more careful. Now y'all listening, listen, I just do podcasts, so these steaks are not that high. Okay, I'm gonna miss a meeting. Matt's gonna have to stay up later. Ian's gonna have to scramble. The stakes aren't that high. Let's just say this was an actual group text, and maybe you was talking trash about your boss. Maybe you had sent a few pitches from the gym that you know you wasn't posted to take of some of the nice, pretty round browns.
Speaker 2: That's what my whole boy used to call pooties. But you see how I.
Speaker 1: Don't really talk like that, but you talk like that in the group text because you understand this is mutual destruction, this is nuclear You post a double check that they're trust inside the group text. Don't we all notice? Don't we all notice? But alas, I'm gonna leave this in the video. Normally I would edit this out. This is Matt texting me being like, Yo, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: He said, do you use dropbox? Pro?
Speaker 1: Might be start saving episodes so you could keep the files. I'm gonna text him right now and tell them what I just text, y'all. I normally don't throw files away until until the episode is out. I just got to sloppy last night.
Speaker 2: I didn't even drink.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I I was standing in solidarity for most of this month with the two of the three mono theists religions that.
Speaker 2: You know fast right now you feel me.
Speaker 1: I was standing here in solidarity with with with my brothers and sisters in Ramadan, and I was pushing my flesh away, so I wasn't even distracted. I just did some dumb shit. But when you do dumb shit, my people again back to my point, you just you you did some dumb shit.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: But this particular situation, if you don't know, the narrative, was dumb shit that could cause lives.
Speaker 2: Now let's get to it.
Speaker 1: If you don't know, by now, there was a situation a few weeks ago where let's let's go with the narrative. So if you are someone who's been pursuing your dreams, your dreams of journalism, you know, fought and scrapped and especially journalism in the era where they you get one of them get you get killed in by the head of a country, you get blown up in Palestine, you get like, this is a hard time to be a journalist. Now in America, we have this martyred fetish, this kink about believing we suffering in relation to the rest of the world. Obviously you know I'm talking about because obviously they are real suffering, and suffering.
Speaker 2: Is of course relative.
Speaker 1: But for some reason we like to believe, especially these especially especially uh Christians in America, they love to believe they persecuted, they got like king like they feel like they left out, like y'all, like y'all left out of the persecution ring.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You want to you want to go back to the Roman Empire where y'all burn by you like you trying to you try you want to be like that. You feel me. It's not y'all. Listen, Christians, y'all are y'all have been mildly inconvenienced, but now you won't talk. Okay, y'all got it. It's your world. You got your never cannezzer. Okay, he's in the he's in the he's in the office.
Speaker 2: You got him. Right.
Speaker 1: If you're a journalist in America, you getting dragged. If you're a journalist in America trying to actually do your job, you getting dragged. But every once in a while you get an alert and if and if you are just work your way up to the top of a reputable news source called.
Speaker 2: The Atlantic, and your name is Jeffrey Goldberd.
Speaker 1: You might have been sitting in your car chilling and then you get an alert on Signal.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Signal, if you don't know, is a text messaging service similar to a WhatsApp that's just not so Zuckerbirdye.
Speaker 2: Right, it's got Endo end encryption.
Speaker 1: Now again, if you're an immigrant, you've been on WhatsApp for the last ten years, yo, saying that's how you talk to your family, right, Signal is another option for it because of the same like into end encryption and your nation don't matter.
Speaker 2: Now we cool Zone media.
Speaker 1: We use Signal for probably the same reasons anyone else would use Signal one. It's convenient too, it's the it's got the privacy, it's got the vanishing modes because you could be like so you could be ratchet like on Snapchat and you feel me because you know it's going just gonna disappear, which will come back, which we'll talk about a little bit later. But yeah, we use it because we're passing around stuff, you know, and Molly and them got the weird little guys that they be talking about that don't like them, you know, so he has gotten uh many a threats. You feel me Robert had to you know, beat the brakes off or not or almost did these. So you know, so we got people like looking for us, not for me, but looking for them.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe they are looking for me. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think I was on a list at one point. So we be trying to keep a lot of our communications a little bit private.
Speaker 2: But we're podcasters.
Speaker 1: It's kind of not that serious. It's serious, but it's not that serious. So you jeff you money all business bloop. You get an alert to join the whothy PC small group. Now PC stands for Principals Committees, so this is the highest of clearance, okay, And you get this alert from this man named Mike Walls.
Speaker 2: Now Mike Waltz is the.
Speaker 1: National Security Advisor, so like you're the guy to make sure that the security of the nation stays secure, and you get this alert. Now here's the thing. There's a lot of guys in my phone named Robert. There's probably a lot of dudes in his phone named Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Honest mistake at first, so.
Speaker 1: But also probably a mistake that wouldn't have happened had you not used signal. If you're on the audio version, you didn't see me scoot forward and get really close to the camera. But had you not used signal, probably could have avoided this whole thing. Anyway, get alert from Mike Wallas. Now, if you Jeffrey Goldberg, you're thinking a couple of things. One of the things you might be thinking is maybe this is like you know, you're just gonna alert me of yeah, like basic stuff, like all right, there's gonna be a press briefing. You're just letting me know directly. It's crazy that you stop my phone, say phone numbers, say, considering how much your boss don't like me, But it is what it is.
Speaker 2: You have to communicate with the press, like.
Speaker 1: The reality is, until Trump completes his breaking of the US norms, you still got to communicate with the press.
Speaker 2: So a little weird to.
Speaker 1: Get hit up directly by him and not one of his people's, but it is what it is. So you joined the group. Why would you not join the group. Then you start looking around as to who in this group? Hey, who's in the group. The head of the CIA, you got Mark Rubio, the Secretary of State, you got Toaci Gabbert, the National Intelligence you got John Radcliffe, and and you got.
Speaker 2: Pete head ass. Hec seth.
Speaker 1: That's that man's name, he Pete head ass. Pete head ass, hec seth head ass.
Speaker 2: How do you describe a head ass?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: What do you like I did to him? Head ass?
Speaker 1: You throw a head ass at the end of Like, what's great about being black, especially when you're gonna roast somebody, is like you could just describe what you see on a person and then just say looking ass at the end of it.
Speaker 2: Or old head ass.
Speaker 1: Right, you got a dude that's doing quick calculations in his head about how much the tip is your long division head ass.
Speaker 2: Your old math professor looking ass.
Speaker 1: Like. The thing about being black is we get to roast you even about good stuff like your prompt on time head ass, Yo on time is already late? Looking ass. Anyway, Pete had ass excess. So they are in this group. But most people, again, who have gaming avatars, everybody knows unless it's like.
Speaker 2: The hommies put your real name in that.
Speaker 1: And even for me, I have friends who are couple A lists, a few A minus lists.
Speaker 2: I saved them under different names. In my phone.
Speaker 1: They not saved under their actual names. Why just in case something gets out, I just like, y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't y'all don't know this. Y'all don't know this right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, TC is Tozy Gabbert, Right, you got Mr in there, Marco Rubio and Ani Food start talking now again, don't understand why nobody was like, hey, who's this other number? I don't know what y'alseton. My guess is you assumed that that was somebody's aid. But I don't understand why you ain't asked. Why you ain't hit the person that added you to the group and be like, hey, I recognize everybody, but who's that?
Speaker 2: Like, who's aid is that?
Speaker 1: Yo?
Speaker 2: Who's man? Says?
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing helming? Everybody else's introducer? So we all know each other? Like who do you work for? Why did you not ask? It's like they've never been in a group chat before.
Speaker 2: Anyway. This is what happens when you hire people that just rock with.
Speaker 1: You when you anyway, So they talking about their plans about how they going to drop these bombs on the Hoothies. Now quick recap if you don't remember who the Hoothis are Houthie who. We did an episode on the Hoothi's that was called the side Quest during the You Wasn't Outside episodes.
Speaker 2: Who the Hoothis were and are?
Speaker 1: Is a militi group in Yemen, right, and they are, like most militant groups out there, backed by Iran, but they also have their own issues around the liberation of the country of Yemen.
Speaker 2: Now, Yemen has.
Speaker 1: Been in a ridiculous civil war for a long time. As for like for there's parts of Yemen that I've wanted to visit because they have these weird, these amazing like this island of these like trees that look like they're upside down, look like the branches look like roots. It's pretty crazy, right, they have that. But they also have probably some of the best coffee on earth.
Speaker 2: Why it costs so much too, If you.
Speaker 1: Ever get somewhere and they have like yemen these beans, Yemeny coffee. That's like a running joke with like y'all a lot of my Muslim like friends. It's like, dude, you're supposed to be fascinating, but the kids are going to get Yemeni coffee right in. In their defense, Yemen got some of the best coff of y'all earth right anyway, partially because like they're not they have less like interbreeding, like modification. It's like it's truly just yemen soil. It's delicious anyway. So Yemen and the hooties, obviously they don't like the treatment of the citizens of Gaza and the people of Palestine. They feel like everybody else feels, except for Saudi Arabia about what Israel's doing.
Speaker 2: That y'all, what you're doing is wrong.
Speaker 1: Inhumane and genocidal and apartheid. But again they're funded by Iran. Now what they've been doing is essentially like as ships come through the Red Sea and go through the Suez Canal. Now a Suez Canal is up in Egypt where you know, you know, the little like if you picture in the Horn of Africa where Egypt all the way down to Ethiopia, and then there's like a little lego piece that look like it fits a little puzzle piece looks like it fits right in between them things. So the bottom of that thing, so that big thing is like Saudi Arabia, and the bottom of that thing right there is the country a Yemen. So if you going through the Suez Canal. Like your other option would be go all the way around Africa to get to the Atlantic Ocean, right, or you can come from the Indian Ocean from one side of the country, cut through the little shortcut right up the Red Sea, go through the Suez Canal. You already in the Mediterranean. Look you in Asia, minor you in Europe. You already made it right, and then you could go into the open Atlantic Ocean rather going all the way down to the South Pole and shit to try to get down around South Africa. That's gonna take you forever, right, so you go through the Seuez Canal to get there.
Speaker 2: So what So what the who thieves been doing is.
Speaker 1: They've been throwing like like throwing rocks, throw a little like like more not acatomic bonds, but throwing mortars at the boats trying to get through here.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like it's annoying, you understand what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's like like if if if somebody's scrapping and then there's just like a punch that come from the side somebody just jumped in from the side where you just or the dude that just come by while you running and just kind of stick leg out trip them. Right, that's kind of what the who Thi's been doing. They just been tripping, you know what I'm saying. And that's their way to help with this is the guys that they just you know, like we got our own shit we gotta worry about. But you know, but if there's a way we can like mess with this, that's what we're gonna do. Biden during the Biden administration kind of like like I said, when we did last time, did a little side quest to like kind of like slap them and be like you stay out of it. It wasn't as complete as it could have been. You got me, So in the meantime they kept doing it. Now America be the quote unquote good big homies that they supposed to be to Israel is like, all right, we need to handle this light work now. This is something that the Chief Executive Officer one Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump, is like, we need to do this right.
Speaker 1: So you put together what's called, like I said, the Principals Committee to discuss the how Now, interesting thing I noticed, as and other people I've noticed in this group text is really in my mind just how regular ass these dudes are. Because it sounds to me like jd Vance the whole ass vice president who's also in this group. Now, remember we's a lurker in here that nobody checked though, head ass. Jd Vance really don't like the plan, you know, I really think this is Europe's job, Like I don't think we need to do this, and it really don't help us anyway, because even the boats going through the swess Canal that stuff go to Europe gonna help us. You know what I'm saying, which is a position, very narrow focused, incomplete position, reminded me of my daughter. When I'll be like, hey, can you pick up those books? She'd be like why. I'm like, well, because they in the living room and like we all got to use, Like I didn't drop that book. Why do I have to pick that one up? I didn't do that one. I'm like, sweetheart, just all I'm saying is like we all this is a shared space, we all use, so pick up the book, right, clean.
Speaker 2: Up, clean up the counter.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'll clean up my crumbs, but I'm not gonna I don't like I only sit right here, so I'm gonna wipe up right here, Like are you serious?
Speaker 2: Right now? She says that, but she's nine jd vance anyway.
Speaker 1: Dang, I'm feeling a little more saucy this time than I did last time, probably because I got to do it again.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So there's a disagreement.
Speaker 1: Now again, this is human because when you get into group text with your coworkers, of course you're gonna complain about the boss. There's another man in their names, Evehn Miller, who's the kiss ass you know what I'm saying. Who They actually all have to make him happy because he the one closest to the president, you feel me, So you're gonna like even like, dude, listen, y'all you got family group text?
Speaker 2: How many of them?
Speaker 1: Because I know you got a group text where one of the cousins ain't in it, so y'all could talk shit about that cousin.
Speaker 2: Am I like? Is this? Am I making this up? Is that not all of our lives?
Speaker 1: So to me again, the use of the emojis, I'm not finna drag them on stuff like that, Like there's because that's part of the story too. Like these dudes were like doing like fist bump you know, wh white boys love the fist bump emoji? You know, the flag, the flex arm that's because they regular. These are regular dudes, right, So I'm not gonna drag him about that. I got a homeboy in one of my group chats still do the old school smile, the like the colon with the with the parentheses.
Speaker 2: He got all the emotion on his phone.
Speaker 1: He just likes doing that, and I'm like, it makes you look like a douchebag. But it's but listen, you would never know who that is, you know why, because that's the rules of the group chat anyway. So they just kind of like talking back and forth about what they gotta do. Right. So if you regular Jeff, regular regular Jeff who just works at one of the largest speed outlets in the country, you like, surely they're gonna know I'm in this group text.
Speaker 2: Should I be it?
Speaker 1: I mean, you would probably think this might be a prank, this might be one of the armies. But let me shut up just in case. Then all of a sudden, head ass pete head ass shoots out the PDF. That's like, all right, this is what we're finna do.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Everybody being regular understands that that would be something called Everybody regular would understand that that would be something called a war plan, but it technically is not. It's technically the right word. If you're gonna, well, actually, you know, you're gonna push your eyeb you know, your glasses up top, like, well, actually, it's actually not a war plan.
Speaker 2: The right word is concept of operation.
Speaker 1: And since the Trump administration are teenagers, they're gonna be like, we aren't doing any war plans.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Again, if you're being regular, at some point you're gonna be like, yo, is this.
Speaker 2: Should I have not known this?
Speaker 1: Like? Should this? Should this be? I feel like I should have noticed? And then there's these real time updates. And as these real times updates are happening, Pete head Ass keeps talking about how our nation is still secure. Our information is cued to the op set. That's what that's called operation security. He was like, we still got good op set, meaning everybody don't know our plans. We able to do this. But little did this dude know without checking that his op sect that he's.
Speaker 3: So proud of is currently, oh.
Speaker 1: My godness, he is currently compromised.
Speaker 2: Listen, this is you cheating on your spouse.
Speaker 1: In front of your ring camera, your Google nest while you telling your little side piece. Don't worry about it. They ain't gonna have a No, we're still secure. Nothing's gone out.
Speaker 2: You done gave.
Speaker 1: Your homeboy's wife's log in information, so she watching your head ass.
Speaker 2: And they going, yo, should I not know? I don't know.
Speaker 1: If you've ever caught a friend cheating on day booth day, it's a weird.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 1: I know I've been out and had one of my homeboys get real flirty and it's like, Okay, at what point do I be like, my nigga, you let's let's go to the It's time to go to the hotel room, like all right, we're going home, all right, all right, says it's good to meet you.
Speaker 2: Were going home.
Speaker 1: At some point do you step in and be like, my nigga, you finna ruin your life right now? I think it's about time you shut the fuck up. Like I don't like, when do you say, like, was I supposed to see this? I don't know if I was supposed to see this? Only it's bombs, that's like this what experienced. So he go okay, well, uh, I mean, I mean were here now? So as he's reading these things and getting these alerts. My man, Jeffrey got the sense to turn on the TV, and Goldberg is like, damn, the TV going, we have breaking news this and this and this happened. And he's watching and being like, damn, that is exactly what was on this PDF something, miss.
Speaker 2: Man, what the this was real?
Speaker 1: So and look look look, look look here's here's my favorite part.
Speaker 2: They still don't know he in the group text.
Speaker 1: They still ain't checked Nobody at any.
Speaker 2: This thing went on for days.
Speaker 1: Nobody at any point was like, who is the two O two number? Now the fallout after this? All right, so the whole thing go down. Jeff has the integrity to remove himself from this group text like cause he's like, you know, I probably should I probably should be out of here now. I don't know, like listen, I'm trying to humanize this thing. I don't know if it's secondhand embarrassment to where you don't want to like announce yourself in there at this point to be like, yo, y'all, hey, I've been here the whole time.
Speaker 2: Like do you embarrass him.
Speaker 1: Because again, you know how signal works, they just gonna delete the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Right, or do you just be like like, let me just like we.
Speaker 1: Would all do, grab a few screenshots, who like, come on, fam, now again I'm adding some human color. Jeffrey Goldberg is a professional, but he's also just a dude.
Speaker 2: Do you think he sent it to his group text screenshots?
Speaker 1: Do you think him and his homies was like, oh shit, shill fuck o fuck what? Oh my god, dude, dude, dude, shut up, just shut up and listen. Just dude, tell me everything. I tell me everything.
Speaker 2: So you think he was sending into his group text I don't know anyway.
Speaker 1: So once it all gets out, we get to see the judges and the Congress drop the thissue photos where they keep together showing its issue. Right, So they did, these five people who was in this group chat did what all of us, anybody would do in this particular situation when you found out you have broken the one of one golden rule. Right, there's no there's not even a reason to bring up the hypocrisy of the but her emails like that is so obvious right now, we can't even bring that up right now. But the judge, James Boisburg, he's the chief US District judge in Washington, he was like, man, what. I'm gonna need them texts. I'm gonna need them texting. I'm gonna need you to turn on I'm gonna need you to turn over your phone. This is this is insane. Y'all gonna have to give me the phone. But that was only after the Atlantic. That's itself. As President Trump about it at a press conference, like, yo, hey, is it normal that yo, like the highest level of security people just use signal.
Speaker 2: He was like, I don't even know what signal is.
Speaker 1: You talk about it, man, I swear to God, a man who ain't ain't seeing an email when he was buying that Tesla on the front of the White House lawn. I promise you that man ain't driven a car since nineteen eighty four. And I bet you he only did because it was funny. One, you a New Yorker. Secondly, you filthy rich. You ain't driven when the last time you drove a car. So I'm like, I swear that man has not touched the computer. He do not, He do not know what signal is. Tell you that right now. He don't know what signal is. He was like, I don't know what you mean. He was like, yeah, bro, I I'm the Atlantic from the Atlantic.
Speaker 2: I was added to this group chat while y'all was talking about the hooty thing.
Speaker 1: He was like, well, the Atlantic is trash, my nigga, What the hell does the Atlantic have to do with what I'm asking you?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 1: People are doing exactly what people would do. They would turn into shaggy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't me.
Speaker 1: Because that was Tozi's answer. TOZI was like, I wasn't in that group chat. They was like, uh, is this You showed them the camera showed them the phone, like is you not TC? Marco Rubio is like I wasn't there either. They was like, you're not Mr showing this fool's avatar. I just pictured an avatar of Himo like doing the dude that just caught a fish photo.
Speaker 2: With the reflective glasses? Is Marco Rubio? Like that ain't me? No? Oh lord. They was like it wasn't me.
Speaker 1: And so the Congress and the judge had to keep being like, sir man, is this you? Yes, this is you? And they was like okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it wasn't me. You know, when you get caught cheating or you get caught in a lie, you only admit to some of it, hoping that the rest of us could go away and listen, let me ask you this. Are you old enough to understand that that never works? It don't work. So they just start okay, yeah, okay, yeah, that was me, but it's it wasn't We didn't do nothing classified. They was like, our war plans not classified. They was like, well, actually, wasn't a war plan. We got you, it wasn't a war plan.
Speaker 2: Excuse me?
Speaker 1: Was the concept of operation that's not classified? Well, it depends on what you what you mean, what you mean what you mean classified?
Speaker 2: Is At this point, they was just.
Speaker 1: Like, my brother in Christ, my brother in Christ, can you just admit that this is a big deal.
Speaker 2: They was like, nah, it's not that serious. It's not that I find.
Speaker 1: So much joy in how absolutely flabbergasted our Congress was by this answer, like, man, what.
Speaker 2: The fuck is happening?
Speaker 3: Not that serious?
Speaker 1: Oh man, oh my god, I just think this is so funny.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Pete Hexeth Pete hadass defense is just like, again, well, Jeffrey Goldberg's pussy, That's basically what he's saying. Well, he's a pussy, So like it doesn't matter, And I'm like, are you are you serious? They're like, I think you're majoring on the miners here. I think the point is we kick some hooty ass. Nothing went wrong, no harm, no foul, who's on his mistake, no big deal.
Speaker 2: And Jeff's a dick. So I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Why don't I don't. I don't know where the scandal is. I don't understand where the scandal is. Like with a stray face. That's that's the attitude. Now, Ian Goldenberg, Okay, this is an article in Politico.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He used to work at the White House and in the Pentagon. Now he works for some psych like Israeli like group, some fund raising heads, fun type shit. Anyway, he asked him about, like, YO, does this seem like weird that you would use signal? Here's why signal comes in later because I, unlike many people, read Project twenty twenty five. And one of the reasons you use signal as specified in Project twenty twenty five is because of its vanishing. Why you're supposed to use a SKIFF, which is a sensitive compartmented information facility. You know that image where you only see photos of like the President and the Joint Jeeves of Staff and they sitting around the table or they looking at the screen, like when we killed Osama bin Laden the war room can't you can't even bring your phone in there, like you can't, Like this is the most sensitive. Now, if you one of these five people, you got somebody following you all the time to make sure if you need to get to a private line, you can get to a private line. But I understand sometimes that's like it's a lot. They build them into your basement. They build a skiff. If you get that level of clearance, you get a skiff in your basement, it's somebody next to you that you could be like, hey, I can't use this phone.
Speaker 2: I gotta use the other one. Right, that's a reality. You don't just so be your phone.
Speaker 1: But they're using signal instead of a skiff because it vanishes. Because skiffs, you have to remember, at that level of national security, all of your communications. You're supposed to turn that into the Library of Congress. You need to have a record of all of it. That's the law. But if it vanishes, you can't get called into court because whatever we talk about on signal, you could tell the Supreme Court like oh it's gone now, Congress is gone now like it gets deleted off the thought you'd have to ask signal. You'd have to subpoena signal to see if you can get in two day servers. And I don't even know if they keep our information. It's into end encrypted. Well that's you know, it's protected, that's our privacy. So you use signals so you could do some shit that won't go into the records. So the shit was on purpose. It's not random, it's not them being lazy. It's like, I don't well, I would say it's both. It's both easy because you can anybody can download signal. You can create a group text. You ain't got to like get it. Like, I just need to tell y'all, now, how many times you ever called somebody like or not call them because what kind of a dinosaur? Cause, but you email somebody and then you text them and be like, hey, I sent that email because I need you to respond. The alert goes to the same phone. I just need to answer right now, like don't I mean, like, don't we all do this? But again, the stakes are incredibly lower or not. Jeff so in Goldenberg, notice that they asked him like basically they asked him like, Okay, what are the main takeaways you see from this? The first main takeaway was to see the discussion among these high ranking officials, because by the time it gets to them, it's like, don't nobody care what you think right now?
Speaker 2: You supposed to just do the thing.
Speaker 1: It was interesting to see jd Vance really not necessarily be down now. To me, that was very humid because again, who doesn't get with their coworkers and talk shit about their boss? Like, who don't do that, you know what I'm saying, or just disagree with what the call.
Speaker 2: Everybody you're not gonna always like to play. It's just interesting.
Speaker 1: That there's that level of like disagreement and honestly, like not what they disagreed on, but the fact that there is disagreement, to me is something that is good. It's good they're not autonatons. Now they gonna be autonatons, but it's good that they we get a glimpse into seeing that they're not. I think people want to understand, especially when it comes to politics. People think that you think you want to know how the sausage is made. You think you do, but when you see how it's made, like everybody says you'll probably never eat another sausage again, or you might be like, is good. The point is, I don't know if you really want to know how the sausage is made. Another thing he noticed is that, like, dude, this is completely avoidable because I mean, do you got like a Google drive? You know, when you trying to share a link, I get a little learnt that says this person that you're sending this link to it does not have a prop hip hop dot.
Speaker 2: Com email address. You sure you want to see it? Just Google? I'm just sending.
Speaker 1: The written out lyrics for the song we're releasing on April eleventh.
Speaker 2: But you know, like I have to go No, it's cool.
Speaker 1: Yes, So if you was using a dot gov, Jeff wouldn't have got on the thing anyway because he ain't got a dot gov. So this could have not happened, right had you just followed the direction. Now the next thing is to wonder, truly what Trump thinks he gonna get they back. He gonna try to push this down, No big deal, it's a witch hunt. I love the phrase witch hunt about this one. I think that's probably the funniest one of the there's so many funniest parts in this because for this to be a witch hunt, it would mean we were hunting.
Speaker 2: We already got it.
Speaker 1: It's on the internet. You can read the text. And is it a witch I mean it's sitting there, casts and spells. There is no question that the thing happened. So you can't even call it a witch hunt because it's found. Is it a big deal? I mean you gonna try to tell me is not? Now, why would me and you care? Well, I suppose why would we care? I mean you'd say, prop why would I care? I didn't vote with Trump. I'm not in the military. I don't know anyone that's in the military. I don't know anyone who has a loved one in the military. I'm not the child of any sort of veteran. I don't know anybody in Iran, never met an immigrant. I'm not concerned about the secrets of my safety and my information. You you people my sarcasm here, because the reason why it is matters is because we could die.
Speaker 2: Like can you imagine though.
Speaker 1: Like if as easy as it is to hack somebody's phone, to get into somebody's TECHTI, it's on somebody's hard drive to know exactly where these bombs are going. And maybe that's your cousin. Maybe that's your nephew that's gonna have to carry out this mission. Maybe that's your niece that's gonna have to carry out this mission.
Speaker 2: Now they know where you are. Now they know where your niece is.
Speaker 1: Like you, like you could like you, you're putting us like they could die.
Speaker 2: I thought y'all was the military lovers. You could die? Oh, because nobody said.
Speaker 1: Who's the two O two number? Maybe Trump hates it. Maybe Trump still don't know what signal is. Maybe Trump is like, I'm just gonna try to play as low, but he doing what every black mama does once everybody leaves. You already know what I'm finna say. Black people, how dare you embarrass me in public? If there's one thing you let me let me tell you something. There are a few things that are mortal sins when it comes to black parents. There are a few things that your parents are not. They not Boo Boo the fool. They not one of your little friends. They not to be played with. And for some reason, black parents love the word audacity. You had the audacity to embarrass me in public? Now normally, what black parents would do is you will embarrass it. Sometimes they be not normally. Sometimes they be like, embarrass me in public. I'm embarrass you in public? That was my grandma. You're gonna embarrass me. I may embarrass you, but other times it's all right, we'll take it. Okay, Okay, Mss Johnson, she shut the door. Turn around you and they did that. Donna beat the breaks up. How dare you embarrass me in public? Now I'm gonna get out there and I'm gonna defend you. I ain't gonna I ain't gonna let them talk about you. Don't you ever embarrass me in public again. We're gonna see how obedient these five people a finna be after this?
Speaker 2: The politics, y'all?
Speaker 1: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in Eastlows, boil Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew you can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly Matt Awsowski. Still killing the beat softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics.
Speaker 2: These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.