Speaker 1: Welcome to the Ravens Press Past podcast. It's Tuesday, November fourteenth, and the Ravens are gearing up for eight Thursday night football game against the Cincinnati Bengals at M and T. Banks Stadium. As Ravens prepare for that game, today, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harball.
Speaker 2: All right, good to see everybody, appreciate you coming out. Great day for football, heck of a work day for us, and we're really getting tuned in for Thursday night.
Speaker 3: We're looking forward to it. What questions you have.
Speaker 4: John again, you know anything else to add hither Ronnie, we're balling at all.
Speaker 3: No, I mean we're on a short week. You know, guys are working.
Speaker 2: It's just a different kind of a schedule, you know. So they'll be working and we'll see how the guys, all the different guys will see how they are.
Speaker 3: Thursday really is where we're at.
Speaker 2: So guys are doing their best and we'll probably have some some good news and maybe maybe not some other ones, but guys working hard to get back.
Speaker 5: We did anything.
Speaker 3: No, just kind of the same comment I just had, you know, definite, it's.
Speaker 6: A challenges facing it too long for the second time a season opposite all the time in divisions, it's difficulty as a challenge.
Speaker 7: With that form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really think there is a difficulty. You know, it's kind of you're used to doing it in the national football and your division. It's just part of the process and you appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You know, the teams they know you.
Speaker 2: It's a high heated rivalry. Are very familiar games, you know, so, uh but they're always different still. With that being said, so we just got to be ready for whatever happens, play our best football and uh see what we can do.
Speaker 8: Physicality STI as opposed to special Well, it's different.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you've you've got you know how as many days we came out and did what we did today, we thought, we hope it will be effective.
Speaker 3: You know, you do your best.
Speaker 2: You can try to figure out all the kind of little scientific numbers and things that go with it, but bottom line is football. I'm trying to be as sharp as we can. Thursday night, John, on topic a little bit.
Speaker 9: That's the last time you spoke to your brother and how that conversation go and do you have any opinion of everything that he's dealing with.
Speaker 6: It, what's going on in Michiary.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've talked to him quite a bit. I have a lot of opinions on it. Obviously, I'm his brother, you know, and I'm proud as heck of him. I'm really impressed with the way he's handled himself through all this. I mean, it's been a long run and h but everything, you everything can be done to you know, his phones, his computers and all this stuff I have been looked at. And he's come through this thing with flying colors and they really have you know, I don't know what they trying to get, but they don't have anything of substance.
Speaker 3: And I just think I'm proud of them.
Speaker 2: I think it's a real compliment to our family and to him, something for us to be proud of because and as kids can see this, you know, you get kind of in this kind of a situation where you become you come under fire for whatever reasons, and you come out in really good place, doing the right thing all the time. And I'm really proud of that, and I think it's great for a family and kids, and it's just a great blessing in that sense.
Speaker 3: He's a great man.
Speaker 2: He's a great coach, His players love him, his coaches love him, and UH, and he stands tall through all this.
Speaker 9: I know you got to get through Thursday, but knowing the schedule and their schedule, will you see him Saturday? Do you have plans to go to the game if this goes the way?
Speaker 6: When last week?
Speaker 9: Would you watch it with them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's a lot of good questions. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's get through Thursday night and see where we're at. But I'll be I'll definitely be pulling for him and UH and the whole team on Saturday for sure. But uh, yeah, we're thinking about Thursday night one hundred percent.
Speaker 10: John question on a family.
Speaker 2: Theme as well, keeping at Jeor is the latest of a number of players you've coached whose father's played in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Is there anything that you know about the guys who can come from that background that is an advantage of making him set apart?
Speaker 11: Anyway?
Speaker 2: I think there really is an advantage, you know. I mean, he's grew up with it, he's he's you know, his dad is a great dad. He comes from a great family. They just have been great parents. He's been raised so well, and then he's been raised in the kind of that football environment where he's watched his dad. He's been proud of his dad. He's seen the old clips from his dad with the Ravens. It's very meaningful for him, I think, to be in the National Football League, to be here, it's the same owner is when his dad was here, you know. And he's had conversations with Steve on a regular basis, you know, And I just think those kind of things make it even more about family, you know. And once a Raven, always a Raven, and certainly in that case, it's a family affair, so it helps, there's no doubt about it.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you saw this last time when they football that having him said, the Mt.
Speaker 12: Bank Stadium is one of the.
Speaker 6: Two loudest stadiums he's ever played in.
Speaker 12: Ye just wondering what you think was the other one.
Speaker 6: The other one was Seattle.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts on the environment, especially in these night primetime.
Speaker 3: Games, Well, yeah, I mean, I'm excited. It's great.
Speaker 2: You love our fan it's great, and it's great great in the day, and it's even better at night, you know. So it's gonna be a great night Thursday night. We're proud to have this game. Appreciate, you know, the opportunity to play a home primetime game like this, especially such an important game like this. Our players are excited, I know, I know our coaches are excited. I know our fans are excited. Can't wait to get out there and just try to do our best, you know, and and I know our fans will be behind us one thousand percent.
Speaker 13: All these tense, hyper Weil games against the Senny, you guys have defended them very well over the last few years. What do you think has been the common.
Speaker 3: Denominator of the We've tackled well, We've covered well.
Speaker 2: You know, I think we've just you got to be disciplined, you know, you got to play good solid football childs and and that's it. And then they're gonna make their completions, they're gonna make their runs whatever here and there. You just got to do the best every play you can to keep the ball in front and play good solid football against them. Because they're a good, solid football offense, and they've got a heck of a quarterback, they've got talent, they've got an offensive line, they've got a really one of the better backs in the league for sure, tough runner, all those things. You know, they're well coached, so you just got to play good, solid defense.
Speaker 6: That deal over block on Sunday, and it looked like an overload. The cooler kind of came over the last moment, kind of picked see things up a bit.
Speaker 12: Next one were kind of diagnosed them.
Speaker 2: Went on, yeah, yeah, we just got a little push in there in the A and B gap for sure, a longer kick. I forced Tuk to try to bring the tractory down just a little bit to get it there because it was a it was a long kick in that this time of year, you know, in that kind of field. Really didn't want to be back there that far to kick it. And uh and they did a great job of rushing it and it got blocked. You know, his hand was right there in the right spot. So that's kind of how it goes. It was unfortunate, disappointing, certainly. If I had to do it again, i'd i'd i'd punt it, pin them back down there. But then if I'd a punt it, you guys would have been telling me when I'd put Tucker out there to kick it, you know, so uh, you know, hey, it's the way it goes, but it's football.
Speaker 3: Give them credit. They did a great job.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 15: You know, everybody would love to play better in the fourth quarter as we go into our fourth quarter things. Uh, specifically with Lamar, is there anything when you're watching Lamar in these these sometimes in the fourth quarter that you would like to for maybe for him to improve.
Speaker 2: Upon it or well, I don't know which games are you talking about. I mean, nobody's perfect in every game. It's like, you know, Lamar competes, he fights, he plays hard. You're going against the best defense in football, the schemes and it's crazy situations and I just wouldn't rather have any quarterback in the league than Lamar Jackson in a tough situation. You know, we all try to do our best in every situation. We all try to build and improve, you know, through all these experiences that we have, and he's no different. I just love his competitiveness. I'm Lamar Jackson guy.
Speaker 3: You know, that's my guy.
Speaker 2: I believe in him and I'll take him in every fourth quarter situation from here until until the end of until I'm done coaching.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that. So proud of him, and we'll roll with Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 16: John.
Speaker 17: Obviously, the Bengals aren't where they've been the last couple of years in in the last place in the division. Do you have to be cautious of a team like that, especially them coming off the mallst games overly desperate?
Speaker 6: Probably?
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean this division's tight. These are the defending champs. These are the Cincinnati Bengals coming in here. We know who they are, what they're about, how good they are.
Speaker 3: This division is every team is great.
Speaker 2: So uh, we got our We We're just gonna try to play our best football against a great football team on Thursday night.
Speaker 15: All black uniforms and it's a little bit silly, doesn't get the favorite combination.
Speaker 3: I like the all blacks, you know, but I like I like them all. No, I just like the ones.
Speaker 2: When I walk in the locker room, be honest with you, I walk in the locker room and I see the uniform combination in the locker, whatever one.
Speaker 3: It is, it just gets me psyched up, you know.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's that's what that's what we're going to battle with wearing tonight, and that's the one I like the best, the one.
Speaker 5: We'll wear it.
Speaker 3: And that's just the truth.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna say, Man, if we'd have won, if we'd have won, the gold Pants would be higher on the rankings right now.
Speaker 1: But we didn't, so you know, that would say coach John Harball. We also talked with quarterback Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 15: Lamar, when you go against the you know, a division team again, you you faced Cleveland, you know, a couple of times in it?
Speaker 5: I is it on a short week?
Speaker 15: Is it easier to go against a defense that you are familiar with that you you kind of you know have uh uh a a feeling about.
Speaker 10: Uh depends you know, if theyre running the same defenses and stuff like that. M it might be, you know, but if they try to change it up.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 10: We might have to get a feel for the game. You know, have the beginning of the game, might not know how it starts off, but you know, it's it's what it is. I'm I'm glad we gonna you know, have these games going back to back. You know, after what happens Sunday?
Speaker 15: What was you think this?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 1: Ravens Bengals rivalry is kind of intensified in reaching recent years.
Speaker 6: We just played a lot of big games against each other. Do you see it that way? And then you know, wh why is this riberries kind of grow in the.
Speaker 18: Last few years.
Speaker 10: I didn't I I haven't seen it that way, but you can s you can see that garage because like you said, you know, the game's been going both ways last few years.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 10: But you know, Gods just God's just a lot hungrier. You know, on both teams. Gods wanna win. But I don't believe nobody wanna win more than we do.
Speaker 5: I'll say that more.
Speaker 12: It's a quarterback coop. So so if you can get out of trouble.
Speaker 15: How tough of balance is it between maybe holding the ball a little longer to try to make him play or just throwing it away to try to kind.
Speaker 12: Of just living to fight another day?
Speaker 11: Is that kind of a tough decision that you face every weight.
Speaker 10: To get It's only a tough decision if I have to wait for the routes to develop, you know, to see if something's gonna happen. But if it's short in the media routes and stuff like that, it won't be hard, you know, decision making it be easier.
Speaker 13: Lamar You've come up with various interesting descriptions to capture you guys, various guys' speed.
Speaker 12: Over there is Keith Mitchell.
Speaker 11: What's the description on his, uh his speed?
Speaker 5: I can't tell you. I can't call it.
Speaker 10: It's I mean, you gotta see it, like every time you touch the bar, it's like one carre he's he's right here in front of me. Next thing you know, he's in his zone. And I'm celebrating them. You know, I'm ecstatic, But I don't know, I don't know. I probably have something for you later on down the line.
Speaker 15: Hey, Lamar, three all three losses this year. You guys did have the lead in that fourth quarter when you watching and kind of its self analyze yourself, is there something that you would like to maybe improve.
Speaker 5: On in the in the fourth quarters, finishing the game.
Speaker 10: When we got the ball, have control of the time, have control of the ball, keep being first downs intil class Saint zero and we up with the win. Improve it that well, Lamar, what can you do to uh improve on these guys on the nine nine rounds?
Speaker 5: Hit 'em? See? I mean, it's raight down.
Speaker 10: I'm I'm pissed off about it, to be honest with you, I don't watch the game, and it's like like it might be a difference in the game, if you know, if we connect with that one. You know, but gotta gotta can't dwell on it, you know, hopefully this Thursday, we yeah, we catch 'em when we want 'em. You know, we have success with the deep ball. We connect, have chemistry there. But I I believe it's that you know, in practice, we we do it all the time. You know, those guys catch the ball down the field forty yards fifty yards down the field.
Speaker 5: We just gotta need to we needed to trans transition over to the games. That's all Labar.
Speaker 17: Obviously, you trust all your guys that are the offensive line. But when you're in a situation like you were so there where you've got multiple back up lineing out there, how how does that affect you and how you're approaching those plays at the at those in those.
Speaker 10: Goos, I mean bullets flying, so y, I'm I'm tryna, I'm tryna make somebody of whatever play we got caught. You know, I'm not really dwelling on what's going on with the line, you know, cause I believe and it got step in you know, they they ready to go.
Speaker 5: We we have the office alignment to do it. We just need to have success with it, that's all.
Speaker 12: Mark.
Speaker 15: Do you play potentially at all when you see you're opposed to all the jury or Flord to see some of messing start res ounts or is that is that back of.
Speaker 6: You a flat process at all?
Speaker 10: Not really because uh guds went down f for Cleveland, you know, and they still end up winning the game. So I r I really don't cap pay attention to the injury report cause they don't help us. They don't benefit us at all.
Speaker 6: Mart, do you like do you like playing at night? And did does that get you amped up at all any any.
Speaker 14: More than you gal?
Speaker 12: Uper?
Speaker 5: I like playing at night daytime.
Speaker 10: I played in the morning, I say in London, Uh didn't really count in London, but over here, did you know?
Speaker 5: So every and don't matter. You know, I love the game. I'll play withever.
Speaker 6: Is Is there any extra juice though for you being in the only game in the spotlight and and that sort of thing?
Speaker 5: Are you used better? Well?
Speaker 10: You a m atmate stadium at night time with with our crowds, it's electric flying So I'm definitely pumped to being that in the atmosphere.
Speaker 6: Where do you think it is the all black uniforms that you.
Speaker 12: Guys would go with?
Speaker 5: Sexy? It's a sexy color.
Speaker 12: I like the color.
Speaker 14: With the everybody's talking in Cincinnati about how there's a must win game for them, a row and two in the division prove and four?
Speaker 11: Do you you in a similar terms for you guys, giving what happened the last.
Speaker 10: Time, Jeff, every game for us a muss a must win for us, you know, not just because in it's in a the vision game, but we we definitely I I believe our team is definitely m a lot hungrier just from what happened Sunday and the division lost in the close game. We definitely hungry as well.
Speaker 1: That was quarterback Lamar Jackson. Wind back of Roquan Smith also talked about what he expects from this game, and it is clear that Roquan is looking forward not backwards as the Ravens prepare for the game against Cincinnati.
Speaker 12: What were you bought on the game?
Speaker 5: You go find to go down to.
Speaker 17: The fourth quarter?
Speaker 7: Honestly, today's Tuesday. We have a Sunday night. I'm in a Thursday night. Game, So I'll shift my focus to that, like you know, learn from the mistakes and just move on. And that's where my mind is, and that's what the guys are. Got a good Bengals team coming into town.
Speaker 17: Are you any more you know, extra pump to get to that, to that Bengals game to kind of wipe away whatever.
Speaker 6: Happened in the last game.
Speaker 12: I'm excited.
Speaker 7: You know, it's a short week, you know, get the nasty taste out your mouth, being able to just get back out and play the game that we all love.
Speaker 12: So I'm excited to get back out there.
Speaker 7: It's a home game, so know the bank's gonna be rocking, So ready to get out there and do what we have to do.
Speaker 9: Personally, what other challenges of having a short league?
Speaker 7: As your insistent lean other day, I think it's different for each and every individual. For me, I don't see any line it up. It could have been a game today. I'm ready like so, and I'll definitely be ready on Thursday for Requine.
Speaker 15: Requine, I know you wanted before, but in all the losses this year and you guys have had the lead in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 12: W why why do you what do you think.
Speaker 15: It's gonna take for you guys to in end those situations, to maybe reverse it and finish out those those close games that you you know in the end this year that.
Speaker 7: You have lost the game Thursday. That's what I'm focused on, the game Thursday. You know, what's behind us is the past. I'm looking forward to the future at the end of the day. Yeah, some things throughout the game that uh, we don't like, but hey, that's the past, like I said, and I'm focused on, uh, Thursday Night at the Bank.
Speaker 6: On Joe Burrow, the.
Speaker 17: Singers to be healthier right now than he was the first time. What what do you see him do differently lately than he was able to do back when you guys played him earlier.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, definitely, Uh last couple of games. Been able to move around, definitely a bit more. But hey, you know, we've seen him healthy, we've seen him not healthy, So it don't really matter. They're gonna come ready, so we're gonna come. So it'll be whoever's the best at night.
Speaker 12: And I like us Brokln one.
Speaker 13: Of the US defensive players. Kind of perspective on Keaton Mitchell and when you get a smaller, faster, fact like that sort of suddenly coming in the game. Can I put a lot of stress on a defense? Is a change of pace?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it just depends on what you're looking at as a defense. But when the guy touches the balls, we all see that he's very electric and do a lot of great things with the ball in his hands. I've seen it throughout camp. Uh and Ota is going up on like wheel rocks and things like that. So I definitely know the guy has a lot of potential. So I'm just excited for his future and I'm sure they'll make good use of him.
Speaker 6: We'll go what is made this right?
Speaker 8: Raven's things live Lord as intense.
Speaker 6: As it is his last couple of years.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 7: One, I think you know, uh switching switching ties Whereas like you know, both teams are winning, and I think when you're winning, that's what makes rivor more intense. So because when two teams losing, the one team is losing, it's not.
Speaker 12: Really a rivaly.
Speaker 7: Some they say it based off history, but far as just like within the last couple of years, I think it's just the winning, the winning, both sides winning.
Speaker 19: Bro.
Speaker 8: You guys have done a good job against fingals and cut down on big plays and get.
Speaker 6: Them on the ground pretty quickly. And how much is tackling a point of emphasis this week?
Speaker 12: It's gonna definitely be huge.
Speaker 7: Knowing tackling is back to the fundamentals and that's what we're getting back to and that's gonna be crucial this week. So I'm excited to get out there and showcase that ability that I can do as well as the rest of the defense. So we're definitely excited about the opportunity.
Speaker 6: And then you're looking forward. But twenty one tackles this past week was a career or high for you? Just what did that feel like?
Speaker 16: For a year?
Speaker 7: Man, I don't really care, if I'm being honest, Like I was more so concerned about the w like I'll tell you before, Like I can have like Seattle five tackles and like we win, I'm happy, And that's what I truly care more about. It's not about statistics for me, Like if I was into that, like you would know, trust me, they were up.
Speaker 6: One of Fat Holmes was.
Speaker 1: On one of that Football Man casts last night, said that in Baltimore and Seattle relenty places he's never had to use a silent.
Speaker 6: Bounce because of how loud it is.
Speaker 1: How do you see that that Drod goes the impact things?
Speaker 7: You know, I was expecting a lot out of here first say night, Oh yeah, it's definitely gonna be a hostile environment. Credit that to the fans honestly, And yeah, man, even for me personally, like echoing the call out to the defense sometimes where it's just like guys would be like what what you know, like multiple times, like with the noise being so loud. But it's just a credit to the home crowd, man. And it's a hostile environment to play in, and that's the way we love it so enjoy playing here.
Speaker 6: You mentioned the environment. Just curious is there a difference when you playing you know you you know, standing in a game that sort of thing.
Speaker 7: Honestly, man, No, like I always said, and like it said sometimes like joking, but like I truly can play this game seven am, twelve o'clock at night, out of the bar, two three in the morning.
Speaker 12: Whatever you need, I'm here, trusting about talk.
Speaker 6: The all the all black uniforms. Mark Lamar called him sexy.
Speaker 12: I don't know, yeah, he called him sexy.
Speaker 7: Wow you meet you MEIQ way to explain him, describe him in a sense. But no, I would say I think of when I think of like black, like all black, pretty much what I'm wearing right now. I think of just like you know, like physical death row type defense. Like that's what I That's what I think of when I see like black. It's like more of like, okay, show me what you're about, because like, if not, we're gonna show you.
Speaker 12: So that's how I associate black in my head. Honestly, proud of you.
Speaker 6: Georgia Root's Big Boys performing on Theresa the other favorite.
Speaker 12: Outcast song.
Speaker 7: One more Time your favorite outcast on favorite Outcast song? No, like that was a little bit before my time.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sorry, that.
Speaker 1: Was linebacker Kwan Smith and as into the locker room. We also had a chance to talk with his teammate, fellow linebacker Patrick Queen.
Speaker 19: The States were made. We all know what in the stakes are, but there's riden no time to like just dwell on and try to capitalize on that moment we got, just capitalize on the moment that we got coming up. So all our our eyes is just on Cincinnata. Just go out there and perform at our best.
Speaker 9: When are the things that you're that you're seeing.
Speaker 19: Or what did you see in the Sunday just ain't finished. Everybody as a as a whole, just ain't do our job to the forest that we needed to and that show on the field. So just now it's all focus on Thursday and just playing our best games.
Speaker 9: What is the turnaround like to Thursday? Not only that, but two games in the AC one.
Speaker 19: Yeah, it's tough, but I mean at the end of the day, nobody care. Uh So we just gotta go out there, perform our best and try to get this win.
Speaker 8: Well, the Bengals kind of the perfect team to kind of get that taste out of your mouth.
Speaker 19: If you won't put it that way, you can, But I mean it's just at in of the day, it's another football game. It's a division game, a game that we need to win. It's just another another team and way, so, uh we gotta go out there and play our best game. Try to get these guys out the way here. Just try to get to this long little.
Speaker 6: Burt Patrick, you bottled the uh all black uniforms. What are your what's your take on the all black look?
Speaker 19: I loved all black. I think we should wear more of honestly, Uh, probably that's probably the best combo to me.
Speaker 6: Does it get the guys like?
Speaker 11: Does that look kind of add another level of energy to.
Speaker 12: The guys, Like?
Speaker 19: Is it Nah? I think I think that the energy just comes from the stadium itself. I think, Uh, no matter what we wear or whatever color combination we got, I think we're gonna play as best as we can with as much drive and passion as we can. I think just having the black uniform against the state up state in rocking a little bit more in terms.
Speaker 3: Of that energy a state.
Speaker 6: Is there anything else you'll just did that when you play a Nike and Prime Time that sort of thing.
Speaker 19: Exactly. It's just it's a playoff atmosphere. Uh, especially with that team what they've been doing lately. Uh, It's just it's, like I said, a playoff atmosphere. So we just gotta go out there, like I said, play our best game, not try to put too much press our show. Just go out there and have fun.
Speaker 5: Honestly, does you uh have a home.
Speaker 1: Say yesterday that Baltimore's wall two stags where he's ever had to use a silent gallons?
Speaker 6: Also, I'm curious when you're on the field that and it's it's that loud. How does that impact thank the offense to any of that defense.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Uh, with the offense, they gotta use more signals, they gotta take their time on stuff. They can't really just like quick quick snap everything. And they got to make sure everybody on the same phase. So that's a favorite for us. But for as a defense, it's hard to hear each other. It's hard to communicate. But that's when you really gotta like hone in on each other, h just to communicates, just as cannag just understand the game plans so that way everybody can be on.
Speaker 5: The same page.
Speaker 6: Jack Burrow's healthier than he was the first summer around.
Speaker 8: What do you see from their offense in recent weeks and what's kind of the key to stopping up.
Speaker 19: Their offense goes that he goes Uh Yeah, obviously when he was hurt, they weren't doing as good. Now that he's back, can move around and make every throw outside the pocket inside of the pocket. Uh, you could just you definitely could tell that he's back to him. So that's a good that's a great test for us that we gotta go out there and uh perform and just being able to stock them and control him.
Speaker 1: That was linebacker Patrick Queen. We also talked with rookie wide receiver Zay Flowers, who's preparing for his first prime time NFL game.
Speaker 8: They just what are the emotions going into a primetime game for you?
Speaker 18: I'm excited. I'm ready to play like it's my first one, so I want to see how they I want to see how I go. We got a all black too, so it should be fun.
Speaker 8: You have memories of being a kid and staying up late watching watching prime tames.
Speaker 12: Uh No, not as a kid.
Speaker 18: I ain't really watching a lot of football as a kid, but I say more in high school. I remember watching them man like and joint, watching them and wanting to play on and playing them.
Speaker 12: What are your thoughts on the Ravens All black art? Nasty, ain't nice. I couldn't wait to wear those I can we go wear black? When we go wear black? Now we finally wear black, so I'm ready.
Speaker 11: There's too much talk in Cincinnati, but have to see some busts swim the game for them.
Speaker 12: They're rolling to the division. How do you do you almost approach it? We approach it. You guys have to be desperate now.
Speaker 18: I mean it's a muscle win for us too if you want to stay ahead of the division. So we're going there and were probably desperate as them, even though we are heading a division.
Speaker 1: What's you're taking on Thursday night, you know, and how you're getting ready to play?
Speaker 18: The Vets told me just take care of your body and just make sure you're ready on Thursday, because it happened five to play Sunday.
Speaker 5: Then we got Monday when we did a little walkthrough.
Speaker 18: And come on, and now we're just getting ready. So I'm just trying to take care of my body and make sure I'm ready on Thursday.
Speaker 8: Look like the Browns had a lot of trouble keeping up with you and man to man coverage. When you see man coverage, does that kind of excite you a little bit more?
Speaker 18: Yeah, a little bit, because I probe myself on winning one on one matchup. So to get it and to win and to do what I do after with the ball is just something I probe myself, you.
Speaker 11: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 12: How about the field mast, you know, get so much separational man, no man coverage, man, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 18: What what's your technique, the secret just be quicker than everybody else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was rookie wide receiver Zay Flowers. We also talked with wide receiver or shot Babeman.
Speaker 9: Well Nor was asked about the deep connection not being there.
Speaker 6: You guys.
Speaker 9: Can help dating for assist offense can be when you can take a top off.
Speaker 20: I mean it's a work in progress for sure, but I mean, you know that's what practice for will connected. It's time to connect and you know, uh Lamar holding himself to a house candary.
Speaker 11: You know, I think it's well, so we'll get it, you know, but in due time, given nature and I have.
Speaker 9: Seen North how tight it is, how different Cincinnatis since we two when you guys saw him in Sunday's results just have a bigger feel. And it's primetime.
Speaker 12: It's just really another game, you know.
Speaker 20: I just think right now, we just got to take care of our bodies, you know, both teams and my strong you know, do what we need to do.
Speaker 5: It take care of business.
Speaker 9: You've heard so much about not finishing and defense. But from your perspective, what can it take? Is it that simple to figure out just kind of the three games this season of having the League League and not being able to I.
Speaker 20: Think it's very simple. You know, we've definitely beat ourselves and all of our losses. So I think that we just need to ascute at a higher level or you know, finished games.
Speaker 12: You know, we all know that, and so I think that's what.
Speaker 6: We're gonna work on going sure.
Speaker 8: La Mar talked about his frustration with himself about not hitting more of the deep balls, because what does it take?
Speaker 19: How do you?
Speaker 11: How do you do that in season?
Speaker 12: With improve on that and hitting more practice?
Speaker 5: You do that practice.
Speaker 20: So h that's what we do every day and we'll continue to work on it. But PACs is key, and you know we'll hit it when we hit it.
Speaker 12: You know, you take your fashion to yourself. Get a favorite uniform combinations this one that we're wearing Thursday for sure? All black.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 20: I like all purple too, but all black definitely rings a bellt me, what do you what.
Speaker 11: Kind of stevens the Blacks say it again?
Speaker 12: What kind of stevens?
Speaker 8: Do you think?
Speaker 6: The old black unions.
Speaker 12: Don't really make a statement?
Speaker 11: Is that's an uniform?
Speaker 12: Still gotta go play football. So we'll see.
Speaker 3: Is there is there a part of that.
Speaker 6: Sort of.
Speaker 11: It's definitely cool.
Speaker 20: You know, growing up, you know want to play in the NFL, watching time time games. There's definitely something that I've jurmed by playing that. So I'm definitely looking forward to it. Monday night, Sunday night, Thursday night, or whatever you do.
Speaker 11: Is so there's definitely awesome feeling.
Speaker 9: We're the NFL. You had injuries this offense. We see what happens when when you get the ball. Have you considered yourself a patient person before entering the NFL.
Speaker 20: Yeah, I've always had to wait my turn, and it comes to me when it comes to me. But the one thing I learned about the NFL is, you know, it's not a one man's game, but this offense has a lot of weapons.
Speaker 11: So honestly, just got to be pation do a special for the team.
Speaker 12: Just wait until that time. Gun, Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: That was wide receiver Vershan Bateman. We also had a chance to talk with veteran offensive tackle Morgan Moses. Now he's been dealing with a shoulder injury for the last few games to not play on Sunday, but he indicated that he's going to be ready to play this week. And here's what he had to say, get.
Speaker 11: Prepared myself to get ready for this. You know, I'm excited.
Speaker 21: You know, it's been a while, so you know, I haven't missed a lot of games in my career, so just being able to get out there, you know, be in the huddle, get back used to Lamar calling the plays, being with the guys, all those little things that you take for granted. But you know, the time off, you know, it makes you look yourself in the mirror and realize, you know, what you've been missing out on and the things that you you know, you you truly appreciate.
Speaker 11: So I'm happy to be out there.
Speaker 12: With the guys.
Speaker 9: You're prepared to be there Thursday.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm prepared.
Speaker 11: I'm prepared yet else you.
Speaker 9: Kind of smoke to it, but you're guy has a lot of Brian that does not miss much time.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I guess how challenging hasn't been for you knowing that of course of the season, having.
Speaker 11: The time, but you have not, it's been very challenging.
Speaker 21: But you know, like I said, we got a great group of guys in his locker room, very uplifting and just finding, you know, different ways that I can be there for the guys you know, Patrick, Pat McCary obviously, Ronnie Daniel, you know, watching film and with them and and kind of seeing telling them what I see from a veteran's perspective and things like that, and that kind of helps you, you know, sharpen your your your tools as well. So just continue pressing forward and just getting ready for miss those games.
Speaker 14: I know you don't watch some obviously, but he kind of help having Patrick McCarry on hind and what he.
Speaker 21: Brings to the team one hundred percent. You know, he's not a backup and we consider him as a starter man. What he brings into the table every day being I mean, I don't think it's another guy in this league that can go in there and play for off our positions and doing that at a great level level.
Speaker 11: So you know, we've always respected him.
Speaker 21: And you know, the thing about us, especially the tackles man, we all sit down together and we we you know, we we look at the film, we talk about football at and how we can help one another.
Speaker 11: And that's the beauty of it.
Speaker 21: You know, when you got a lot of teammates in the locker room like that that you can feed off of one another you know, it's just a great feeling.
Speaker 22: Norgan What do you see out of the Cincinnati front and what do you see about from their defensive brow?
Speaker 21: You know, obviously it's it's the division. You know, everybody plays hard, everybody plays well. You know that they have a great defense. You know, they got a lot of skills setting and they play a lot of things. You know they got you know, they got guys on every different level of the defense. And you know, as for us to go out there and we gotta execute and play our top game. You know, everybody's gonna be watching this Thursday night.
Speaker 12: It's a big game.
Speaker 11: It's a big game in the division. So you know, we gotta make sure we do the things that we need to do to take care of it, take care of the job.
Speaker 22: You're talking about that big game. You know, you've you've played a lot of big games in this league. And when you look at you know what, you guys know what happened on Sunday too to both of you guys, instancy and where you guys hoop to be at the end of the year, given the stand ups at this point, how big does it make it on Thursday?
Speaker 19: Though?
Speaker 11: You know, obviously man, it's the road through success, you know.
Speaker 21: And you know, obviously we gotta do the things and that we need to take care of to execute those things.
Speaker 11: And you know, for us, it's just to put one foot at the time, you know. You know, it's a short week, you know, you.
Speaker 21: Know, guys are doing everything they can to have to prepare themselves with their bodies ready.
Speaker 11: But when those lights turn on on Thursday, man, I think guys will be ready to go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna to the AFC North And here you are playing two division games in five days.
Speaker 5: How do you describe what you've.
Speaker 6: Warned this division to be when your teams go ahead to head like Neston.
Speaker 21: Oh, man, you know, you gotta get the ice tubs ready, you gotta get the sound and ready, all the all the the recovery equipment, cause you know it's gonna be a battle. You know, anything that's held up over the last three days, it's it's probably gonna the scab is probably gonna pill off anyway. So you know, you just have to go in there with that mindset, that boxing mentality, and then be ready to play.
Speaker 8: From an offensive lineman's perspective, how do you like the all black uniforms.
Speaker 12: Oh sick man.
Speaker 21: Anytime you get to wear all black, you know, Uh, I told you somebody this earlier. I said, you can match the cleets up with pretty much anything.
Speaker 11: So it'll be fun.
Speaker 21: Though obviously, uh, you know, the stadium is gonna be all blacked out. It's an eight o'clock games, so it'll be nice.
Speaker 11: One or you canna talked about the physical challenges of a short week.
Speaker 14: But with the beat division rival team that you're very familiar with, is it a little bit easier for from prepare for that game against a division opponent as it moves to if you're playing an NFC team.
Speaker 21: No, I wouldn't say that. You know, every game is a challenging you know everything. You know, everybody brings their best on Sunday. Everybody has a change up, you know, So whatever we saw, you know weeks ago when we played them, it'll.
Speaker 11: Be something different.
Speaker 21: You know, they're excited, we're excited, so you know, we'll see what we strap up on Thursday.
Speaker 1: That was right tackle Morgan Moses and last wee we also talked with center Tyler Linderbaum.
Speaker 16: Like I said earlier, you know a lot of good players. You know, players a unit play as a team. I think they lead the U League and interceptions, so they look for takeaways and you know that's where they're gonna try to be doing. You know, it's it's our job to play our kind of football execution and then just be ready to go on Thursday.
Speaker 22: He'll STEPI elizard playing in the atmosphere like a prime time game.
Speaker 12: You're at home and you're the only game on. Yeah.
Speaker 16: Uh, you know, all eyes are on US Baltimore VERUS Cincinnati, So you know it's gonna be it's gonna be good. You're gonna have to get our bodies ready for Thursday. They're gonna have to do the same thing and come out there ready to perform.
Speaker 8: How important do you think, you know, running the ball? You guys are still tops to the league. You know, establishing the run against the Bengals defense, how important do you feel like that's gonna be.
Speaker 16: I think anytime you can get the run game going, it's gonna, you know, benefit you as an offense, especially as old lineman.
Speaker 12: You know, that's our that's our that's our model. That's what we want to do. Get the run game going, and then that leads to other things.
Speaker 16: But you know, at the end of the day, we run whatever it is called, and we do our best, you know, to protect Lamar and he finds the open receivers and then yeah, it all works out in itself.
Speaker 8: We've been asking everybody their thoughts on the black uniforms as as an offensive lineman is is all black?
Speaker 12: Is it slimming?
Speaker 11: What's your what's your feeling on all black?
Speaker 12: Definitely, I think it's better than all white, So so we're definitely happy with the uniforms.
Speaker 1: That was center Tyler Linderbaum. You're listening for the Ravens Press Pass podcast. Also head over to the Lounge podcast feed if you want more of a breakdown on what to expect in Thursday night's game coming up against Cincinnati. That's it for us here today, but stay tuned. We're going to be back after the game Thursday night with all the analysis and sound bites from that game against the Bengals.