Speaker 1: Believe it or not, I used to suffer from performance anxiety.
Speaker 2: Well, believe it or not, sometimes I still suffer from performance anxiety.
Speaker 3: But what matters is how you overcome it.
Speaker 1: Dead Ass. Wow, it all started with real talk, unfiltered, honest and straight from the heart. Since then, we've gone on to become Webby award winning podcasters in New York Times bestselling authors.
Speaker 2: Dead Ass was more than a podcast for us. It was about our growth, a place where we could be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Be raw, or but most apportly be us.
Speaker 2: But as we know, life keeps evolving and so do we, and through it all, one thing has never changed.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Because we got a lot to talk about, all.
Speaker 1: Right, storytime, So I'm gonna tell y'all the moment I realized I had performance anxiety. And afterwards then we can discuss how I was able to overcome it. But I'll never forget this day.
Speaker 3: The earliest moment.
Speaker 1: This is the earliest moment that I remember, and I remember I remember saying, like, what's going on? But it was sophomore year of high school. I was playing playing JV basketball. Was the first time I ever had a chance to start. Freshman year, I played basketball in high school. I was on the bench the whole time. Mister Brown was a basketball coach. He was like, you need to learn how to play basketball, and he just like sit. So I'm sitting there watching, sitting there watching. Second year comes in. It's coach Velasquez, right, and she's a brand new coach. And I had gotten way better. I had been practicing with my cousin Sean. I had been outside in the park and I had At this time, there was no performance classes, no speed agility classes. This is nineteen ninety nine, right, So now I'm getting ready to go try out for the sophomore basketball team. Make the team. They start doing everything. I'm a starter, I'm the starting point guard. Then the first game is about to hit, and up until that point, everything was fun, Everything was cool, everything was good, like you know, everybody's oh yeah, we about to be good. Da da da da da. Then we go into the weight room before the game, we all have our warm ups on coaches talking to all the starters, and I remember one of the young freshmen was just like, Yode, I can't wait to watch you play, like you're gonna be good. And it hit me in that moment that everybody there was coming to watch you me play. And then I went and sat on the bench. My stomach got real queasy. I sat on the bench and I let my head rest back on the bench, and then all I did was wake up. I fell asleep. Didn't realize that I had fell asleep. And then I woke up, and I was like, and coach, just go, let's go to Valaces go to Vale. And I was only sleep for maybe like five minutes, but my central nervous system felt real low, and when the game started, I was like like dragging like behind. And then midway through the second quarter, I sat down on the bench and I didn't know what was going on because everything was like blurry and everything was kind of like happening, and everything seemed real loud, and I remember Coach Alaska was like, yo, yo, wake up, are you okay? And I remember everything going like whoa, And I breathed, and I said breathe. I was sweating because and I wasn't like playing. I was sweating, and I remember my body got real cool, and I breathed and I went back in the game, and then the rest was history. I was able to like I breathed and I calmed my central nervous system down and I played fine. I didn't play as good as I wanted to the first game, but then the second game, I knew that this was gonna happen. So rather than go lay down on the bench, I sat up and I just kept breathing, and I made sure that my body calmed down, and I played well a second game. But that was the first time I realized that I had performance anxiety.
Speaker 2: Interesting when we come back, I'll tell you mine. Okay, all right, time of karaoke.
Speaker 1: Yes, karaoke, and we were trying to figure out what we were going to sing. Yeah, but seeing this how to Win the Wicks, seeing this how to KNX just won the championship, it only feels right to sing this song.
Speaker 3: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: I got a honeyd guns and honey clips. I'm from New York. I gotta send me auto manic that spits the time you two and I know, shout out Fat Joe, JD Kiss. Who else is on that song? Joe Jady Kiss, fab fabuls that No, Fat Joe, what a time to be in New York has been.
Speaker 2: Going, That's all I've been hearing that. Of course, the Empire state of mind?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it another one?
Speaker 1: What's another one? This from from New York that we hear all the time?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Shoot, one more, the one with Camon jay Z. Yes, Yes, welcome to New York City.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Welcome New York City.
Speaker 1: Those three yeah, those three heavy rotation, shout out to New York.
Speaker 2: I mean that said, I'm not from New York. But now I understand why she was on stage with jay Z. And it was little and and it's just the pride that us New Yorkers hash little Mama, So I love her down what was.
Speaker 4: Going through mine?
Speaker 6: You get on with jay Z.
Speaker 5: It's the pride.
Speaker 1: Remember, she had just lost her she had just lost her grandmother. I believe her mom. She was going through you know, she was grieving. But this was also a moment where two people who she looked up to the most. It's Alicia Keys and jay Z. She's a rapper, and you know, like, these are two people from New York who was singing this song. And I guess she just had the feeling in the moment. And you know, but I mean New Yorkers, I can't I can't say I wouldn't do it, because if I was in the garden and that and they won that championship. I'd have been up there just like this too. They'd have been escorting my body guard too, like you're not supposed to be up.
Speaker 5: There with you, but I don't right, Josh would have been right there behind him, Nick.
Speaker 1: Josh might get kicked out of the garden.
Speaker 3: Josh there, You would have been there.
Speaker 1: Yoah should have seen how Josh was screaming at me and Jackson when they want bro It's like he wanted.
Speaker 5: The first person that they called like that.
Speaker 2: That was it was little like they won and two seconds dated Jackson jobs, apologies, I love it.
Speaker 1: Shout out to New York for real.
Speaker 2: Let me take Let's take a break and we're gonna come back with the meat of the show.
Speaker 5: But before that, or Op or no oh, I.
Speaker 3: Can't speak today.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take a quick break and we're gonna be back with op or no op.
Speaker 3: So stick around.
Speaker 2: All right and we're back. I'm gonna toss to my girl trips.
Speaker 7: I will say, little Mama has the confidence that I wish I had. You know, if I had the confidence little mamad that night, I could do anything. Literally, So I like threads. I'll be on threads all the time. And I saw a video somebody reposted of some guys on a podcast, and the caption that they posted was, twelve grades with the option for college ain't enough make Mike's expensive. That's what they said, because at twelve age, twelve grades, twelve grades with the option for college ain't enough make Mike's expensive. That was the caption because in the video there's a man saying, women say they're willing to die for their kids.
Speaker 8: They do anything for the kids, they're willing to die from.
Speaker 7: But as soon as the baby daddy cheats, you leave them and break up the family. How you gonna be willing to die for your kids, Well, you won't make that sacrifice.
Speaker 1: That's a hilarious correlation.
Speaker 5: How did we get there? How did he arrive there?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 7: You know, people post things out of context, but that was the clip, that was all I saw.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny. I think he was I think he was trying to be funny.
Speaker 8: You think so he looked like he was dead serious.
Speaker 1: Whether he was trying to be serious or not, it's hilarious if you just think to the juxtaposition, right, I'm willing to die for my kids, but I'm not gonna stay with this nigga.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what he's saying, right right right.
Speaker 1: Think about it. It's hilarious. I give you really think God.
Speaker 2: Death anyway, so it kind of equates to the same thing essentially.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I think it's a funny comment. I think he's just trying to be funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just funny, trying to have it land on the podcast. So we have a conversation.
Speaker 5: What's your take on it?
Speaker 8: What's my take?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: I wonder like how far are you willing to go? Like, or how far do you expect your partner to go for you? Like, when you get in a relationship with somebody, do you really think like, oh, I can hurt them one time and they'll forgive me because they really love me. And if they don't forgive you, are you really gonna be salty? Because I know some people who fucked up in their marriage. They thought it was gonna be cool and it wasn't cool, and they was salty for a long long time. And I'm like, damn, I mean, you probably shouldn't have fucked around and found that out right. That's a crazy thing to find out, but I don't know because I don't. I also don't necessarily think that I've never been married, so maybe I would feel differently, but I don't necessarily think infidelity is a deal breaker. I'm a very like open person in my relationship. So if you if we're dating and you want to date other people, we can actually have that conversation. But if I had kids, I don't think I would do anything simply for my.
Speaker 8: Kids, especially if stay in a relationship.
Speaker 1: I feel you. I don't disagree with that. I think it's intent and impact, Like would you and you said I'm gonna get into this relationship and if I cheat one time, she can't get mad. If that's your mindset, then she should lead.
Speaker 3: I was about to conceived into That's.
Speaker 1: What it feels like. Your intent was to cheat. If that wasn't your intent, then the impact is different. You see what I'm saying. The intent matters to people. If that wasn't your intent to hurt my feelings and have me deal with it, we can work through it. But if your intent was to hurt my feelings, and because I'm with you, I should just deal with it because it was only one time. No, I'm out of here. You see what I'm saying. The intent and the impact have to have some genuine or care for the other person. If it doesn't, if it's so for seeing them out. But his take on the fact that you said you're willing to die for your kids, but you want to deal with a nigga cheating is funny. It is like, it is funny.
Speaker 3: It is funny. It's pretty clever. Yeah, it's clever and crazy at.
Speaker 2: The same time, because it's really not willing. Brought that up in an argument with a woman. I'm imagining what would that look like like real life scenario?
Speaker 1: Hilarious, you said you was willing to die for these kids actually one time a bad mother. That's exactly what it wouldn't it be.
Speaker 7: And that's a real great way to gaslight somebody because I feel like argument I would have to stop and think about that first.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the greatest gas lighting I saw was on Yolan Yolanda van zand listen, listen, man I tried.
Speaker 4: At all.
Speaker 1: So Yolanda, Okay, a woman on there with two daughters and an ex husband, and Yana had this family on there and the daughters were going to the mom and saying, we're upset at you because you told us that our dad sexually assaulted us and abused us, and it turns out that he didn't. Why did you lie?
Speaker 7: You know? What?
Speaker 1: Her respond was, he should have fought harder to tell y'all. To t y is the biggest guess that I've ever seen in my lif She's straight faced. You ain't fight hard enough to tell him the truth? And excuse me, she was like, if he really loved his daughters, he would have felt harder to make sure they knew the truth. Didn't take no accountability that she held for years like yes and girls like he didn't do it. He didn't do it, Like why would you tell us that? And she was like, he should have told you, he should have worked.
Speaker 8: That's dirty.
Speaker 1: People just be wrong and strong. I'm like, that's.
Speaker 3: That's insanity.
Speaker 1: Her and him need to do a podcast together, that lady and this dude.
Speaker 7: That podcast idiots one mic.
Speaker 1: That's that's a great that's why you.
Speaker 5: Podcast exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: That is catchy as hell too, and people would probably tune in just for the shenanigans.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it's entertainment. Absolutely, that's another thing I will say to the whole thing about attacking people who have a different opinion in you and saying they shouldn't have an opinion is what's wrong with the world. Just because someone is trying to be jestful or have a different opinion or doesn't agree with your take doesn't mean they don't have a right to talk, as long as they're not being disrespectful or causing harm to people or trying to cause violence to people. To let them people talk. We've been letting people talk before podcasts, who I I personally feel like some people shouldn't even be talking. We have presidence, you know what I'm saying. I worry about podcast people, but we have a president right now who just says whatever he wants on any random day, disrespecting.
Speaker 3: What every platform.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what I'm saying, But we worried about people with podcasts. Man, get out of here, Like, I ain't even with that.
Speaker 2: Literally, you have a choice, yes, what you engage in.
Speaker 7: And it does irk my nerves when people are like when they hate post stuff like I hate this, let me show you. Let me get more engagement off of it because I hated it so bad, Like just skipp.
Speaker 2: It it like I never take any energy to like repost something I hate.
Speaker 1: Or that is you know who's talking about that I hate? Who's who's Courtney Kemp. Jim made a post of how she loves that people hate watch her shows, like when Power was on, people were saying, like, I hate this. The writing is terrible, the acting is terrible. She says, she enjoys like go ahead and hate watch it because it just runs the numbers up right. But it does make you wonder, like why would you watch a show that you said you hate and then go online to comment and talk for hours? How to show that you claim you hate? It makes no sense to me, it doesn't.
Speaker 7: I guess you know, people are entertained by their own like anger, or if they're just so disregulated that they got to stay in a disregulated state, like they got to be mad all the time.
Speaker 8: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Somebody said the other day, okay, here's another opera. Not because somebody did say on threads the other day that they're tired of hearing Uh people use the word whimsy. Have y'all heard this whimsy? Yeah, you gotta be chronically online to know. But people are using the word whimsy, like you don't have any whimsy, you know. And somebody was like, oh, I hate that. Give it up learning new word. Y'all learn one word and you wear it out. Notice how ain't nobody demurreor.
Speaker 1: Anymore like demure whimsy?
Speaker 2: Narcissistic delusional was the one diabolical?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but look at us all enjoying something together.
Speaker 8: That's my op.
Speaker 7: Sometimes we gather around a word and we love to use it together. We know what it means, we laugh together, we can create jokes out of it, and we are one people for just a small amount of time.
Speaker 1: I just think people just love to hate stuff.
Speaker 5: Right like, and they find solidarity.
Speaker 1: That's how cancel culture happened. Let's let's I hate that.
Speaker 5: Let's cancel.
Speaker 1: We get a bunch of ackle to agree that.
Speaker 2: We all, for seventy two hours we hate this. Feel in the cycle shifts to something else we hate.
Speaker 1: Because that's how you can collectively. Galvin, here's the truth. Those who can't do talk right. So social media has allowed all the people who can't do to talk. So while people are going out there to try things and try things, there's other people who are just talking negatively about it. Because they can't do nothing that part. And I think more people need to realize what it is and use social media for what it's for, Like it's not real life. Let people have their billion opinions. They hate watch, They don't like this, they don't want to use the word.
Speaker 2: Is that driving up engagement? Are people actually watching her shows? Then?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's watching drives engagement said the same thing.
Speaker 2: People hate Geneva, Yes, they hate Geneva, all the clips to go about my facialist versions and all the things. Yes, yes, hate watch Geneva, y'all please do I love it?
Speaker 1: Memory Games Michael Rainey Jr. Into his own spin off that went for five seeds. They hated him on Power They talked so bad and all he did was get a whole another.
Speaker 4: Series and got another one.
Speaker 1: Yes, he got another one from see.
Speaker 5: This is and he does Wow, this is?
Speaker 1: This is important?
Speaker 3: Right, that's great.
Speaker 1: You know who hated their way into a multi billion dollar generational family, The Kardashians. I heard so much talk from people I hate the Kardashians, and they just kept making more money, dripping more products, having more TV.
Speaker 4: Shows for y'all stupid as telling us you hate it if.
Speaker 1: You think about it, if you think about it, that most of.
Speaker 5: The hate has funded their entire life.
Speaker 1: Jake Paul, Yeah, people hate watch his fights and he makes millions of dollars every time he gets on age. I'm about to fight Floyd Mayweather. This with people, so I'm not watching that ship. This ain't real boxing.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Jake Paul breaks another record.
Speaker 1: It's the truth both right, it's the truth.
Speaker 3: It is good ship.
Speaker 4: If you hate, keep your opinion to yourself and your shut up.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you the things that I hate because if I hate it, I don't watch it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: And to me, I think this ties into what we're talking about today performance anxiety, because I feel like when you judge other people, and when you spend a lot of time judging earth people or hate watching stuff, you then start to develop like subconscious fear of doing.
Speaker 3: I like that trip.
Speaker 1: I never thought about that, but I can see that though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because remember something because you think someone will do.
Speaker 1: To you what them it's projections, Yes, this production, So you should ask yourself first, do you have anxiety because you hate watch people and you get upset watch other people try stuff that deep? As hell.
Speaker 3: That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Did you ever overcome your performance anxiety for we're trying.
Speaker 3: To back to the story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did you do? Repetition tactics? Repetition this I know works for a fact, bro the thing that you're worried about the most. Practice it until it becomes muscle memory, because then when you go out to try to do it, you don't have to think about doing it, so then your anxiety shuts off because you've done it so many times. Case in point. I used to hate having to be at the free throw line and shoot free throws, and I hated open layups. I'd rather take a contested layer. This was in sophomore year. I'd rather take a contest layer because if I missed, then people will say, oh, it was contested fast break, wide open layup. It's like the worst thing, especially if I'm in the middle of the rim. You hate, yeah, you hate to have that moment where you missing and everybody's going, oh, So what I did in practice when everybody was done, I used to go full court lay up right hand and left hand all the way down the back ten times, and I had to do it until I made it like consecutively and I did the same thing with free throws. I had to make ten free throws before I left the gym. And I did the same thing with football, with returning punts and catching passes. I always gave myself a target and said, if I do this this many times in a row, that means I was able to do it under pressure. And then I got so used to doing that that when I got into games and I lined up right there, it was just like, I've done this before, and the fear never crept in about I might miss. My thought then became watch what they see, watch what they say when I make this. You know what I'm saying, And it was almost like it changed my thought process. I've been this. I've done the same thing with Jackson. We talked about this on the bike episode with Kaz. Rather than tell Jackson all the things that's going to go wrong if he don't practice, I tell him all the things that's going to go right if he does this way. He only focuses on the road. Remember with Kaz. Rather than saying stay off the grass, Kaz kept focusing on the I said stay. He was riding his bike and he couldn't stay straight. I kept saying, stay off the grass, Stay off the grass. He kept looking down at the grass and running to the grass. Same thing happens with anxiety. What if I miss What if I missed? What if I miss Stop focusing on the missus? What's going to happen when you make all them shots? And then Jackson started saying, Oh, the power of manifestation works. I told you that to that and I scored twenty seven points. I said, did you miss any He said yeah, but I knew the next one was going in. That's how you get rid of performance anxiety. You practice it so many times that you know the next one is going to be positive, and you never think about the negative.
Speaker 3: You know, I did the opposite.
Speaker 2: So my story on performing anxiety when I realized I had it early on, was when it came to playing the piano. My mother put me in piano lessons just because she wanted me to try it. You know, she's exposing me to different things, and.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 2: I hated every day of it. I really enjoyed my music teacher. He was an awesome guy, so like getting a chill with him and spend time was like cool. When I was a kid and I was playing decent, but not enough to perform anywhere.
Speaker 1: However kind of piano jazz or classical, class.
Speaker 3: Classical piano, how I was. I started when I was about eight.
Speaker 1: Classical piano was born.
Speaker 3: I started, Yeah, I did it to so one summer.
Speaker 1: Done that really?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 2: So I was doing it because my mother was pretty much, you know, like we are with the kids, if you start something, you have to finish it, like you can't just quit midway through.
Speaker 4: Was it your choice to do it?
Speaker 3: No, No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: It was kind of like, you know, you want to.
Speaker 2: Take up an instrument, and she's like, what about the piano?
Speaker 5: And I was like, I guess I'll try it.
Speaker 8: And then I.
Speaker 3: Realized going into it that I really didn't enjoy it that much.
Speaker 4: But everyone, you can't be you can't fulfill something that you didn't really want to do.
Speaker 1: That was my thing.
Speaker 2: I was kind of like, okay, but then my mom goes in like brags to everyone, Oh she does she plays the piano.
Speaker 5: She takeing piano lessons.
Speaker 2: So the very first time that my school, Bethlehem Baptist Academy, was like, oh we're having chapel service, you know, I forget it was like the third grade performing and oh, Kadean plays the piano, she can do a piano solo. So I have this piano piece that I'm like practicing, practicing right with my teacher to perform at Chapel. And I had like a month to prepare for it. But I wasn't practicing on my own. I was literally just like fiddling around and then I would leave. I would never just sit the time to say practice other than when I was with my teacher. So what do we know about pittspo preparations.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: So I got up on stage with this piano, Everyone's looking at me and chapel and I started to play and then I froze. I kept trying to start over and over again, froze to the point where my mom had to come and like sit next to me just to like, you know, ease my fear to get through the piece. And I just barely got through it and was so humiliated after, and of course everyone was like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, you did a good job, It's okay. I was like, I did not, y'all lie it to me? Why y'all lie, y'all can say that I.
Speaker 2: Stuck and I should never play the piano again. But because of that, my mother was like, well, now you have to practice and still see it through. I was ready to throw in the towel after that, because I'm just like I just got I'm embarrassed in front of everybody, because we do perform and we add what typically when you perform, you add value to whatever reaction you get out of the performance. And to me, at that moment, I completely dropped the ball. I sucked and just wanted to like call into a hole.
Speaker 1: I'll say this as a parent now, it's unfair to tell your kids to try something and then you don't help them prepare the right way.
Speaker 2: Like me.
Speaker 1: If that was me, and I'm not knocking mean me, I would have done the same thing you want. You're gonna learn how to play the piano. Oh could you know how to play the piano? You know you got ten days before you play the piano every day in this house. You're gonna play this piano for me, and I'm gonna be staring at you, and you're gonna be nervous, and you're gonna do it until it gets right. Because by the time you get to that performance on that day, you're gonna be like, man, I did this in front of my dad. Looked like he was gonna kill me. That's how should have.
Speaker 4: That was me stood there right there, like play yep, that's yeah, play okay, m hm, start over. I don't I don't want to play.
Speaker 1: Play yep.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm gonna figure out.
Speaker 1: I'm not against that for real.
Speaker 2: And I played the piano for years and never got any better. The one song I was comfortable with was Old to Joy.
Speaker 5: I'll Never Forget.
Speaker 2: And I remember playing that because when when my aunts and uncles would come by or whatever, my father would be like, go play in my song, and I would play Old to Joy and like fast forward four years later, my aunt was like, he's the only song, favorite song, your favorite song you like to play.
Speaker 5: That's the only song quiet as his cats, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But I did practice pieces because when I had the pageants that I were performing, it's like you have a talent competition, and I couldn't sing worth a damn.
Speaker 5: I would dance sometimes, but my mom was like, if you show you know classical.
Speaker 2: Pianists, you know there's an elevated level of technicality, and she was on it. She was right.
Speaker 5: I just hated this ship.
Speaker 1: The approach was wasn't wasn't ironed out right?
Speaker 2: She was she was onto something, and I wasn't locked in. Now I was an adult, I'm like, damn, I should have locked in. It had been dope to like get on a piano and be able to play like Mozart or some ship rul I could have been.
Speaker 8: And it is hard when your parents don't know how to do the thing that you're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I played violin all through school, first grade through senior year, and I always played like in an orchestra. We always had recitals. I always played in front of people. But senior year, I was in this like high school kind of sorority group thing and we had a conference every summer. So at the conference we had a little talent show. They asked me to play the violin. I'm like, fine, I had to play in front of our group like in rehearsals and stuff, and I felt okay, But by the time the day came, I was shaking so bad trying to play my violin.
Speaker 8: It sounded terrible.
Speaker 7: I could barely stand on my two feet and I had never experienced that before. As a kid, I was always a performer and I was never shy. I was always a singer. I was singing front of everybody, talent shows, whatever, and I never had performance anxiety.
Speaker 8: But between like seventh grade and senior year, I didn't really perform anymore.
Speaker 7: My parents hadn't poured into me the way that I wanted them to, and I would ask to go to theater camp or whatever, and they would just be like, girls, shut the hell up, you know.
Speaker 8: So I wasn't really performing.
Speaker 7: So by the time senior year came, I hadn't been on stage by myself, you know, in a long time. I even did like a speech competition that year, and I had practiced so much, knew it and could not recite the speech at all.
Speaker 8: When I got up there, it was you.
Speaker 1: Said, your legs, your legs were weak. Yes, I was shaking your central nervous system. Your brain is spine like.
Speaker 3: The physical manifestation happens.
Speaker 1: To athletes too. That's why athletes can't perform when people what you went through is what athletes go through. And people were like, why he playing like that? Or why she playing with like that? Why she not playing like herself? It's performance anxiety. Bro when your brain and your spine shut down. You move slower, you sweating, you don't have balance. Everything almost seems like you're high, almost just like why can't I correct what's happening? And before you know, the performance over and everybody looking at you like what was that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was insane and I don't think I've ever had performance anxiety that bad again, but I can tell that with like violin, I wasn't really I didn't really practice at home as much as I as you know, my counterparts did. My teacher is like you have to take private lessons and so that you'll practice whatever. So I didn't feel like I was good at it. So that was another part of it. I was like, I don't think I'm good at this. And then even though I did practice for the event, I still was like, not confident in my skill to be on stage doing it in front of people.
Speaker 1: Count I got my moment of truth. Anxiety happens because people don't feel confident in what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, even like social media, I have performance anxiety when it comes to posting on social media. Every single time I post, I'd be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And it's fair of the reaction you're gonna get from people post I hear sometimes and like, well, delete if it doesn't get a certain amount of engagement in a certain amount of time, or post with the option to take off likes or comments or things like that, because ultimately we're I mean, the whole purpose of performing is to get up in front of an audience of people, essentially to do something right.
Speaker 1: But it's also your purpose for doing it right, Like do you perform for cheers or do you perform just to share?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: And that matters, right, because if you're performing for cheers and you don't get the response you want, that can give you anxiety. But if you're performing just to share, it doesn't matter what they feel. I just wanted to share this because this was something I had, you know what I'm saying, And that's that's always been my approach to social media. And me and josh Are talked about this before. I'm like, he'd be like, yo, this is his biggest thing is things got to be perfect. And I always used to be like, I don't care if it's perfect, I just want to share it.
Speaker 2: It's funny you mentioned purpose because I've read something that said purpose is the antidote for panic.
Speaker 3: Wow, purpose is the antidote for panic.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's a really great point. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: There are other times, like doing stand up, I don't get I'll get nervous beforehand, but when I get on stage it goes away. And I remember when I first started doing stand up, I was so scared that I was going to have that same reaction that I did playing the violin, that I would be shaking and I wouldn't be able to stand up, you know, But.
Speaker 1: It goes away, you know, with that and that purpose.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and it's something that I feel like i've, like, you know, in my head what I know about myself.
Speaker 1: You want to do stand up, don't you. You didn't want to do the violin. Yeah, you wanted to do pageants, you didn't want to play the piano. Your purpose was directly tied to the thing you wanted to do, which made you have confidence because you felt like, this is what I'm meant to do. When you're doing something that you don't feel like you're meant to do, or someone else is making you do, you kind of feel uncertain. That brings doubt, Doubt brings fear, It brings panic.
Speaker 2: And that's why people say you should know your purpose in life, because you excel in those moments where the panic will cease because you know you're living out something you're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 1: And then if your purpose, for example, when you're sharing something and you're sharing it just to share and it because it's your purpose, you're not worried about the cheers because if people don't like it, it wasn't for them to like it was just because I wanted to share it. And if it helps one person or ten people, that's what it was for. Oh they didn't like it, well, I didn't share it for them to like it. I wanted to help these people and that's what it did. You don't have anxiety over that because that was the purpose. The purpose wasn't to get admiration from millions of people. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Well, think about us even performing on the stage of life, right, So if you're showing up as your true self and not as a representative of yourself and you're not performing, do you think people walk through this world every day just having anxiety in general because they feel like they have to show up for as who they are, you know, and isn't that crazy? How sometimes you can't even feel like you can be your true self because you're having fear of what that's going to look like to other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's that's definitely true. But then you you come to a realization, like you're not on this earth to be here for other people.
Speaker 3: And once you realize, yeah, that's the awakening that happened.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's when they say, oh you woke, Yeah, you woke because you don't care about public admiration, so you're not afraid to say how you really feel. And when people throw backlash at you, you don't run from the backlash because it's like, well that's how I felt because this was my purpose. You know what I'm saying. It's freeing, it's free. And you also realize that you're not gonna don't you're not trying to win everybody over, right, Like my my purpose in sharing this is just me purposely, but me personally. My purpose in sharing is not to convince anybody here that they need to think like I think. That's not my purpose. My purpose is to just share how I think so that someone else may see a different perspective and they may able to see a different side of the world that they never saw. That's the same reason why I'm willing to listen to anybody and everybody, just because I want to hear like maybe that perspective is different than mine, but that doesn't mean it's wrong, you know what I'm saying. I think that that allows me to have empathy for everyone, because it could be the worst person, let me just hear where they're coming from.
Speaker 2: But it also allows you to be sure in who you are, so you don't have to feel like you need to perform for this world.
Speaker 5: For whoever.
Speaker 2: Anybody reached that point yet, I feel like you reach the point where you kind of just are not performing. You're just this is who I am, and this is how I feel, and take me as I am in life.
Speaker 4: Year that's definitely me. I'm at that point now, but I still get anxiety in terms of things I have to do, like my hands will start sweating badly, like we're recording right now. I have a level of anxiety because I need everything to go well. In my mind, you gotta go perfect. When I play the drums, I can't give you a I can't dap you up prior, but my hands are like, it's like, what's happening in my head? I'm like, what's happening right now? But what's a start? It's all right, cool, I.
Speaker 1: Might so once you start, you don't have a ritual or anything you do to start. You just say I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: I know for the drums, primarily, my anxiety came from because I never had time or place the practice at consistently. So excuse me, Like on Sundays I'd be up there playing. I'm just going off with what I already know. How I know I can play, but I never had a chance to actually really go through and practice.
Speaker 1: And photography three three people said the same thing, lack of preparation late to their anxiety. How about you, Josh, same? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean even with like photography now and things I do now, if it's not repetition, like if I'm not active enough and then I'll go to do it.
Speaker 4: I have a level of anxiety.
Speaker 6: It's not as bad as it was anymore because I already feel like I got my ten thousand hours, so it feels like I could easily adjust to certain things. But the anxiety is still there and I don't think it'll ever go away. I kind of I kind of I kind of like the anxiety because it makes me know I care.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say that, Yeah, we tell Jackson.
Speaker 6: It's I think it's one of those things that you that is completely necessary but needs to be under control. There has to be some level control, and the only thing that's going to control it is that preparation period that you do prior, because once that's not there, you're like left to the wolves. You're you're making assumptions about things that you probably should have known before. You are letting other factors like other people or their reactions or comments or things play a role into like they're taking the space where preparations should be.
Speaker 1: Yes, So I think I know what's all. I always know what's.
Speaker 6: Necessary in order to get rid of my anxiety.
Speaker 1: I used to.
Speaker 6: Even when I do like speaking engagements, like like if I'm teaching or I'm like speaking at a conference or something like that, I know for a fact when I'm nervous, and I'm nervous not because I don't notice material.
Speaker 1: I'm nervous because I didn't I was in a.
Speaker 6: Hotel like going over it, or I went I'm saying yeah, and I wasn't like, I just don't probably know the order of my deck. I gotta look at my screen.
Speaker 1: Things like that make me anxious. Anxious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I've learned to embrace it. Like you hear people talk about meditating and it says like, embrace the nervous energy you feel asolutely, like, welcome that in because you know you're gonna perform better with those feelings there.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely right. Physiologically that happens. They tell us in sports psychology that that kinetic energy that you have comes from anxiousness. You can control it and you can utilize it, and it can help you. It can help you be a little bit faster because adrenaline comes. The The way it can hurt you is if you try to get too relaxed to where you like and you slow your central nervous down too much. But now you have to perform. Now you look slow. We went through this with Jackson because Jackson's just starting high school. He's putting all this pressure on himself, and I get it. You have two over achieving parents. Jackson automatically assumes he got to be first and perfected everything, and rather than say to him, why do you think like that we know. So I'm just like, how can I help him? You know what I'm saying. So he didn't play his best game. But this is the hard part when you have like anxious kids. He didn't play bad. You're a rising ninth grader playing varsity. Most kids have to go to JV. You're playing varsity, right. You didn't have a lot of turnovers, you scored. There are things you could have did better, but you were playing a little slow. He's talking to himself about and I'm talking about yo, Jack's what's going on. He's saying all of the things that could go wrong. And I said, you've prepared for this, right, you know what you have to do?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: He's like yes. I said, why are we thinking about the negative? And he said, I'm gonna be honest. This is and parents, I hope you listening. He's I gotta get off to social media. I said, what you mean? He said, Bro, I'm looking at all my friends. I'm looking at all this stuff and they, you know, they get accolades for this. I want that and I haven't gotten that yet. And I said, well, Jackson, you're comparing where you are to other people's highlights. You're start doing that before you even get into high school. You're not gonna make it for a year in high school if you keep doing that. And he was just like, you're right, you're right, You're right. But the thing I didn't do is I didn't hide the reality from him. I said, look, bro, you didn't play your best, but you didn't play bad. Are there things that you need to do to get better? And he was honest with me, he said, yeah, I would feel more confident if I worked on my handle. So all we did the next few days was just ball work for an hour, plays the next game, and kills. And what it showed me was it wasn't just the preparation because these were things we were doing before. It's also understanding the why, Like kids need to understand. The why me and Kate was talking about is how do you create a dog out of an athlete? You know, my parents, I gotta create a dog. I used to think screaming and cursing and hollering at my kids during sports activity was going to create the dog. I was like, this is going to teach them how to ignore what's going on around them if they can do it. From that, and I learned very quickly that that doesn't work. How you get the dog out of people is having them understand the why why they're anxious, why they're nervous, why they don't feel prepared, and then fix it. When I did that with Jack's when he realized why he was anxious, it was my bull handling.
Speaker 2: He worked on it for days and remembering his purpose and all this, what's the n goal here?
Speaker 3: What are we trying to get out of?
Speaker 1: Glad you brought that up, you know, because the purpose was a thing. I said, Yo, why are we playing basketball? He's like, I said, I don't want to play basketball exactly. I never said you had to. Your mother never said you had to. Your friends never said you had to. But now you're saying all of these things about what people are saying. He was like, yeah, I kind of made that up on my own, Bro, you're creating narratives in your own mind. He put that, and then once I explained to him, this is why you're anxious. You're thinking about things that are never going to happen, or people saying things that have never been said.
Speaker 2: But think about your story time when you said that, you sat on the bench and everybody came to watch you because they typed you up and said, yo, were comeing and watch you. Jackson had the same thing happened to him. Everyone was just like yo, Jack, like, we're gonna be good because you're here. You know, we're gonna be happy to have you play with us because you're gonna be able to contribute. So he had that pressure on his so hard. And then it's funny because he called us and we were in the car on the way to the game. He went ahead with his team, you remember, and he called and he's just like, yeah, I'm good. You know, I feel good. You know, I'm watching the other team play that, you know. And I could tell he was talking himself up because I know my child. And when I got there, I could tell that Jackson was nervous. And even after the game, I asked him, were you nervous? Because the valve was kind of you know, in the car getting on him, like, you know, bro, what happened?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 2: You know all the things we talked about, And I said, Jackson, were you nervous? Na, MA, I wasn't nervous. I wasn't nervous, you know, I wasn't.
Speaker 3: And then Eventually he broke down. He broke down. He nervous.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, I was nervous. And I was like, bro, why did you have to lie about that to us? And he told me the truth. He said, I was trying to talk myself out of the nerves. And I said, well, you were saying I'm not nervous, and he said, yeah, think about what you're saying.
Speaker 4: I'm not nervous.
Speaker 1: I'm not nervous. I said, why do you say nervous so many times? You know what your body's hearing.
Speaker 4: I'm nervous, nervous, nervous.
Speaker 1: He was like, I said, so don't say I'm not nervous, say I'm going to play well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think if I embrace the nervous. Yes, it's literally there for a reason.
Speaker 8: M right.
Speaker 3: And you can tell it matters to him too, It does matter.
Speaker 1: And he said it matters to him like he wants to do well. He wants to perform well because everybody else has put the work into him. And I said, Jackson, you you're worried about the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: You got to do it because it's your purpose. We put the work into you because you're our purpose.
Speaker 4: I get nervous because I care too much for myself. I care so much for myself. Not too much because you can't care much, but so much. I care so much. I want this to go really, really well. So it's like I'm putting all that pressure on myself.
Speaker 2: You you better get it right, absolutely and show up and do it. Think about how many times as people, I'm sure if I pull like your average person or anyone, think about how many things that we've just not done because we just waiting for the right time, or waiting until we're ready, or waiting till the nerves.
Speaker 3: And the anxiety.
Speaker 2: Yes, think about how many things we do not try because of that and how that can be a hindrance to just your quality of life, or just doing something that you've always wanted.
Speaker 1: To do, but you're just cuter Altar call man bro.
Speaker 3: Man, and the time is just passing us by.
Speaker 1: You Hear what Jackson says. Now, negative thoughts become negative actions, negative actions become negative habits, and negative habits become a negative lifestyle. He really believes that. He's like, I'm not I'm not doing that no more. I'm just going into everything. Just this is what's going to happen this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we be over here like hype man and women. You know, everybody be rallying around him the same way we rallying around all of them. The cold have taken on football camp at four. I don't even know if they were taking four year olds. But I sent his little lass and you know what, he came out. He's like, Mommy, I didn't make any touchdowns today, but tomorrow I want to make touchdowns. So I saw his little states over here on the side of the camera, and I saw him giving me thumbs ups.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that meant that he maybe did. We'll see everybody be like the coder, just go do shit it. That's my moment is just do shit.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 3: All right, y'all?
Speaker 8: Are we in?
Speaker 3: How far are we in?
Speaker 2: All right, Let's take a quick break and we're gonna come back with our listener letter of the day.
Speaker 5: Be right back, all right, let's dive in.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, okay, mat come on now with karaoke around to the high pitched too. Hey, everybody, hope all is well. Sending love to all of you and extra hugs and condolences to Triple thank you for that. You guys can call me Naisha. Apologies for this being long. I've been listening to you guys and your different journeys on taking care of your parents. Currently, my dad is ill. We've been told that he has scars. Soy dope cars. I just want to make sure, I say, you're right, Star Cordus of the lungs. It's hard for him to breathe on a regular basis. He's now on home breathing machine and must check his pulse and oxygen levels regularly. I do not live with him. I'm thirty seven. I'm a thirty seven year old woman. I live alone in my own home. I'm the oldest of five. My whole life, I've been the extra pedia. We know, I understand. My whole life, I've been the extra parent from my siblings on both sides, Mom and dad mm hm. As I've gotten older, I've had to set boundaries with my parents for them to stop treating me like the baby mama and baby daddy that they didn't have to.
Speaker 5: I'm laughing because of it.
Speaker 2: They didn't have to help who didn't have to help them and treat me as their daughter. Now that my dad is sick. I do my best to check on him, as well as having to check on my mom and granny, who is ninety. Everyone lives on opposite sides of town. Plus I work in in my own photography business. When I do see my dad, I tried to wash dishes and do little things around the house, but he always gets up and makes it, becomes a dictator.
Speaker 5: It's not pleasant.
Speaker 2: He's mean and grumpy, always talking about his kids don't do anything for him, and constantly reminds us of how he took care of us as he was supposed to growing up, saying things like none of us would have anything with or be anywhere without him, etc. My dad is a single man, and as an adult woman, I know why. It's funny how we learn our parents. After a while, it's like you understand why you're single.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: He's one of those men who chased women younger than him legal age, but always ten plus years younger, and never wanted to be married or find true love. He didn't like women his age because he simply couldn't manipulate that.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's another listener letter right now. He's old, lonely, and miserable. My question is how do I continue to do this. It's hard enough to watch his health decline, which I'm sure is even harder for him, but mentally, it's taking a toll on all his children.
Speaker 3: He's pushing us away.
Speaker 2: We all have anxiety of one have the anxiety of wanting to see him, but not wanting to be put down or talked too poorly. And you don't have to mind you. None of his kids have been to jail or ever been on drugs. We all work good jobs, and my brothers have their own family. Yet he will stay still say things like my kids sorry as hell, or my sons are too focused on their women, as if they're not supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Please help love you guys, God bless.
Speaker 4: This is very sick.
Speaker 3: That is jealous, chest.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that is jealous and cantankerous and old because his life did not pan out the way he soffits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now he's mad at everybody around you. Don't take that on you.
Speaker 1: He's sick. Yeah, And this is to all of the the frat boys and city girls who live in life alone on the edge. At some point, you're gonna get old and who's gonna take care of your old lass when you went out here giving everybody the finger for all of your twenties and thirties and forty becase everybody fingers about me and me selfish, me, me, me, me. Now you got kids and you old, and can nobody take care of you? And you mad at everybody. This is what happens with life, and you don't realize until you get older. That's just a fact. Like if you're a city boy, you a city good. It's gonna come a point. My boys who are in their forties now, who don't got women, all tell me, They all tell me, like, bro, this shit, why they I'm telling you. The twenties and the thirties is a lot of battle of the sexists, right. People are learning each other, especially on the Internet, a lot of arguing. Then people get older and they realize what life is like, and they realize how simple life is. And you spent so many years pushing people away, being selfish, and now you want the same people you pushed the way to be there for you, and you try to use the same manipulative tactics. But sorry as hell. So you're gonna tell somebody they sorry as hell and expect them to come take care of you.
Speaker 2: That partly supposed to be your savior in this moment now, sir, certain, So trust me, I understand, thankfully my parents don't treat us like that. So but it's still hard to try to parents or your parents as well. Like it's faithfully, they're pleasant for the most part, so we don't have to deal with that. So I imagine like wanting to help and being I will say though, that when someone is sick and not at their best, it does kind of trigger those kind of emotions.
Speaker 5: Like when my dad was going through the thick of his uh.
Speaker 2: I hate to say his treatment the treatment, because I never like to claim that over his but when he was going through the thick of treatment and he was at his worst, he was a bit snappy, and.
Speaker 5: He was a bit you know, irritating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was irritable, but that's because I understood that he was just going through like the absolute worst of the worst in that moment, so I gave him grace but also gently had to be like, hey, we're all still here to help. You know, Mom is trying to assist. I'm trying to help, and you not saying please or thank you or you being snappy.
Speaker 5: It's not going to get you anything. Yes, sorry, listen, sorry.
Speaker 1: No, it's like this ain't cool. K Yeah, like, yo, this is not cool.
Speaker 3: It's not cool.
Speaker 2: There's like a level of like decorum and respect because listen, we wouldn't be here in this position if you did some of the things you were supposed to do along the way and take care of yourself. And you didn't take care of yourself, and now we're having to take care of you. So if you would like for us to continue to do so, yeah, take a chill pills.
Speaker 3: Take a chill pill.
Speaker 4: That's fair.
Speaker 1: That's a super fair point, especially for older people who want to be mad at their kids, like I took care of y'all. Yeah, but if you would have took care of yourself the way I'm pretty sure your kids was telling you because we watched it. On this side, we all tell our parents watch your health, watch your health, and all your parents act like they know more than you until their health declines, and now they want you to do all these things. It's like now I'm the parent and you the child.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know, so essentially that's and who needs the help now? Like what I love about my mom specifically is that she's locked in like she had a heart and second fifty four and she was like.
Speaker 3: Never again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not gonna You're not gonna catch me twice And any little thing that she has, she plays her competitive tennis, she's like, deval, what can I do to do better at this? How can I move my body? She's on the grass with the boys doing work like detox. Yeah, she does her things to ensure that because she's like, I don't want to be a burden to you guys when I'm older. I want to live as long as possible as I can with you, all of these boys, you know. And then you have some parents that just be like, it is what it is.
Speaker 3: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: And it's hard to watch, but I understand your frustration, you and your entire family. It's like, you love your dad, you want to be there for him, but not a doormat to steps on.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna beat nobody up. Tell your brother's to hold him accountable, like your pops. Cam, I'm coming to wash the dishes. I'm trying. I'm coming to do this right. Don't call me sorry yourself, because I'm not gonna come back, but I'm gonna come do this because I love you. Watch your fucking mouth right, Like, sometimes it's okay to hold your family. It's accountable the same way they held you accountable, especially in an old age. I'm an adult. You're not going to talk down to me and expect me to do things like I'm a kid, right, not doing that. I'm definitely not doing that.
Speaker 2: How about you go find a young thing to wipe your ass, sir?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it seems like says if the lines is temporary, it should go away, so it's not chronic.
Speaker 1: He'll be all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be all right. He's just going through it right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's hurt if he can't breathe Remember Pops went through COPD and you can't brieth It makes you irritable because then you can't sleep. Then you emotional because you can't sleep, you have sleep deprivation. Still not ex used to be an asshold of people, but he is going through some things. So you know, if I'm the oldest son, that's what I do. I'm the oldest son because the oldest daughter, she seems like she's trying. The oldest son, the one who got his old family, need to go over there and be like, yo, dude, you ain't gonna be talking to my sisters like that. You know what I'm saying. Some people, especially men, deal better when another man check them. You know what I'm saying. It's like, Yo, I gotta I gotta tell you, and not in a bad way, but it's like, Yo, look at how you coming across to the women in our life.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they need to see that and be like, yo, you're not doing right. So I would think, tell your older brother, or tell your little brother who's the oldest, who clearly is doing well in life because he has a family of his own and a wife, so he understands women. Tell him to talk to your pops.
Speaker 4: He'll do it.
Speaker 1: There's always one that they keep away. Now's not the time to keep that went away. Go talk to that.
Speaker 2: Go talk to that exactly all right. I hope everything is better with you, and I hope your dad feels better soon too. Hopefully that will help a tire demeanor.
Speaker 5: All right, y'all.
Speaker 2: If you want to be featured as a listener letter on a future episode, email us at the ellis advice at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: That's t h E E L l I s A d v I c E at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, moment, true time, we're talking performance anxiety today, how we've all experienced it, continue to experience it in some facets, and how we've overcome.
Speaker 1: So anybody got this moment true mind was performance anxiety comes with reps. It comes with reps and understanding your purpose. If you're doing something that you love to do, when you really want to do, practice it as much as you can so when it's time to do it, you can get it done.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 2: And then you said the P word purpose. So I'm going to go back to that little quote that I heard that said purpose is the antidote to panic. If you understand what your purpose isn't anything that you do, whether it's reformative and it's something you enjoy, or whether it's just life, it'll definitely be a lot easier for you to get rid of the panicing anxiety around it because you understand that that's something you're here, you're supposed to do. So good luck to everybody finding their purpose and kicking performance anxiety.
Speaker 4: Facts Embrace the anxiety excuse me, embrase the anxiety and channelmen use it to your advantage.
Speaker 6: Sto Josh, I see I was gonna say, embrace the nervousness.
Speaker 1: And welcome it.
Speaker 6: The only way to overcome and challenge nervousness is by getting your reps in the ten thousand hours that we know about, uh. And it's a perfect way to become an outlier, even if you have perfect performance anxiety because ultimately, ultimately it is about performance and you you always want to be an outlier while you're you're performing. So ten thousand hours, embracing the things, all the things that come with it.
Speaker 8: Year ago.
Speaker 7: It's a poem keep it pee because practice makes perfect and purpose soothes panic.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's like that was better than a proper preparation prevents pits poor performance.
Speaker 8: But it's a similar.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, for sure.
Speaker 1: Teachers use that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's I heard that every day in my life at battle him.
Speaker 1: But no, I heard that in Ps. Two o eight. But she was Guyanese too. It's not a Jamaican.
Speaker 3: Brashaw. She was back in the day.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all be sure to follow us on Patreon, where you can access the after show. So we sit and chit chat after the podcast it's over, and you can also get exclusive Ellis family content there as well. Follow us on social media if you have not been already at l us ever After, you can find me at Kadeen.
Speaker 4: I Am, i Am Devaal, I'm Underscore Matta Ellis and I'm airing Underscore Envy.
Speaker 8: And I'm at Trim's the Cool t ri ib b z that cool on everything.
Speaker 1: And if you're listening on Apple podcasts, be sure to rate, review, subscribe, and most importantly downad.
Speaker 5: We love y'all.
Speaker 1: Peace God.
Speaker 7: Ellis ever After is an iHeartMedia podcast. It's hosted by Kadeen and Deval Ellis. It's produced by Triple Video, Production by Joshua Dwyane and Matthew Ellis, video editing by Lashan Rothe.
Speaker 2: A s
Speaker 7: T