Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 4: Monday, we are back together.
Speaker 5: Bye week, blues are over. Actually it was kind of nice.
Speaker 6: You are liquing Monday.
Speaker 5: No lost Monday.
Speaker 4: You look alive at Toastinoes Championship Plaza outside Ford Center, at the Star of Frisco where they have a big green lift out there.
Speaker 6: I wonder what they're Christmas is on the corner glass you up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, seventy eight degrees, the Holidays eighty three.
Speaker 5: The load of night is sixty four on it.
Speaker 7: Man, he is Nate, This is my boy. Three pumps.
Speaker 2: Hey, This is Hey.
Speaker 8: He is in the back kiting. It's live and local. I am salt and pepper Poppy. Josh, if you're watching, this is how it's done. I am Salt Pepper Poppy. Together, we make Hanging with the boys. The sports talk equivalent to brow people.
Speaker 7: When we speak.
Speaker 4: Brought to you each and every day by Wingstop where Flavor gets its WI And thank you to Wingstop there bringing in.
Speaker 5: The groceries on.
Speaker 7: Get your order in, Kurt, Yes, get your order Kurt.
Speaker 4: We just found out that there'll be some absentees on Friday.
Speaker 6: So have a good show, fellas, have a great one.
Speaker 9: Man go home down the fort.
Speaker 7: All right, man, me and my boy here, we're all good.
Speaker 4: Y'all got it, y'all got it's your show. HOWA how y'all feeling? You're feeling nice and refreshed, recharged. We didn't have to talk about how sorry these Cowboys are this last several days.
Speaker 7: I feel good.
Speaker 5: Nice little break.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it necessary?
Speaker 4: I didn't even watch football yesterday. I didn't watch I just got away from it. I was traveling all day so much.
Speaker 10: So yes, So you mean to tell me the Cowboys not only affect their players like coach that get away from football, even the announcers and the guys that bring Wow, I'm sorry. I watched yeah, some good games. Red zone, man, Red zone is that's a great thing.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you brought up red zone because we're going to talk about the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Red zones problems here in a minute.
Speaker 4: But going into the bye week, Jesse, you you had a great observation as a former player, and you said basically, if they don't change and shake things up and don't do things different coming.
Speaker 5: Out of the bye week, that you basically the players are going to be like, it's not going to have an impact on.
Speaker 6: The players confectively.
Speaker 4: Right, correct, And coach McCarthy has come out of this week saying that they're going to start tweaking some practice with more team drills and then also going back to across the hall meetings where offensive and defensive coaches meet to talk about the other side. So one, first off, what does having more team drills do? Is that a big change like what you were talking about, or were you needing more than just these two things that he brought up?
Speaker 5: Or is this a good first step as a player?
Speaker 4: Would you come back and be like, Okay, we're changing some things, we're trying to make progress, we're shaking it up, and then what does it do the team drill part?
Speaker 8: I think excuse me, because the NFL and NFL teams have come to this new place of time being capped on how much times you can actually be on the football field. Each period has a certain amount of plays in it, so you're you know, I can only do a certain amount of things in this timeframe. So by them eliminating individual drills, it just now means it's a more emphasis and focus on team stuff. So when you hear all about the discipline, the assignment, alignment, the communication, all those little things, they're just finding a new way now to get more time to address those issues. Now does that make a player move Maybe maybe not, because that now will require players to actually do more in practice. My biggest thing was when it comes to the players and how you get them to look at the second half of this season differently. Is not just our practice approach, because they've all said the energy's been there, the effort's been there, somehow, some way, the knowledge just hasn't translated from that to their minds to the football field on Sunday. But it's schematically, is what we're doing a change from this part of the season then what we were doing the first half of the season. I think that that's where you get players to kind of either rebuy in or buy in more or tune you out, because if they have the same outlook as they had coming into the buy, as they do coming out of this buy. Then we'll be right back to square one before you know it.
Speaker 10: And so what we're talking about here is just to add on to what Jesse's saying is now they may go more team red zone and make sure some things. If you have to stop the practice, say okay, these are the possible looks you would get. This is what we expect for you to do down here if this guy's shit. And I'm talking about more of what the receivers and tight ends and running backs, because it's gonna be tight for us. It's lineman, it's just inchest for us. But those inches coming into the red zone is so small for a wide receiver, these windows and how much feel you out you have to be precise.
Speaker 6: The quarterback has.
Speaker 10: To know are you may going to the open field and give and say, hey, this is the down the distance we want to work on a little bit more. This is where we need it at once we cross the twenty into the red zone, and then some people call it something else once you get down to the five yard line.
Speaker 6: They may want to emphasize that a little bit more.
Speaker 10: Just taking away from the individual which you start losing now is the technique And where individual I think is so big for offensive linemen is this is where the coach is trying to emphasize your weaknesses. Yeah, they're trying to emphasize your weaknesses. But now some things we have to take for granted. I've shown you this since OTAs, these same techniques. We got to get into the larger scale of things of being more precise on these on this.
Speaker 6: Goal line in short yardage.
Speaker 10: Uh, if I'm the Cowboys, I started making a run right now. If you third team and I ain't gonna use you, you ain't gonna be used out there.
Speaker 6: I'm serious.
Speaker 10: It ain't gonna be no more reps for nobody that ain't somebody.
Speaker 6: If you are not somebody and you're.
Speaker 10: Not gonna be on this field, it's time you're at it's the sixth game, or the seventh game, seventh, seventh.
Speaker 6: You know who you are. You're not very good. You gotta a poor offensive line, you gotta poor defensive line. You gotta start catering to that. Fixing that right there?
Speaker 9: Does this happen kind of? Is this sort of par for the course for any season, any team where you kind of start out more individually as you work on that technique, and then what's that coming along when you move to my team.
Speaker 6: See when you're in a flux.
Speaker 10: We're in a flux with three and three, and we don't know whether we are good three and three are bad three and three. What our opinion here probably is a bad three and three because of the losses has been just just heartbreaking. So you gotta start. It's up to your individual coach to fix these individual attitudes. But what's happening on this field is the head coach and the coordinators. They got to fix us on this field, and they got to translate it to the coaches and get it to the player as quick as possible. That's why coach and he going to the practice. I'm gonna practice you more team wise, I'm gonna practice you more red zone wise or out of the field than individual because we gotta get these situations down to a science. When you got guys that's running half hearted routes, or you got guys that's not taking the proper steps and stuff like that in these key situations, that's what win games. Down in distance. The team that can play the down in distance and the tighter the game get, the more you can focus on and it's down in distance or this situation. The better you're going to be if you have the players. I think at this time here just my five six game. I tell you how, I tell you how I feel we're not we don't have the players right now.
Speaker 6: Just my opinion. We just don't have the players.
Speaker 7: So this is.
Speaker 9: Will this helped like you, I think you've kind of mentioned it, the discipline factor of it. There's team like I don't know. I guess some ways I see that the technique, the individual things would help the discipline issues that they have. But you're saying no, as a team, we need to develop that better. I guess we'll do that better together.
Speaker 7: But I think.
Speaker 8: This is unique in the sense of again, you, by rule, you only have a certain amount of time. So it's either to Neck's point, we just say, listen, man, we've tried to show y'all this is OHTA as far as technique.
Speaker 7: If y'all leave the god of you don't. But we have to put an.
Speaker 8: Emphasis on what we're doing as a team. That's what we've been lacking. So you you basically kind of sometimes you know, cut off your nose, despite your face in this situation, and you can only hope that now guys individually are saying this is when the good players step in and go, hey, fellas, Yeah, we didn't get individual today on the coach's time, but after practice, how about we stay out the head of the twenty minutes and work on our individuals right now, a coach can stay out there with you after that, you that's you on your own right, So that sometimes when you look at who's willing to put that extra work in because now we're taking away that individual when coach breaks it down and the horn goes off, and I'm just using his name as an example, does Tyler gouton walk in the building or does Tyler got and go, hey, Tyler smith a a tyrus week.
Speaker 6: Come on, bro, let's get some repsent.
Speaker 11: Let's get it.
Speaker 8: Let's get a few extra repsent because we lost our individual period, which you'll work on some of that stuff an individual.
Speaker 7: You'll work half line, you'll work one on one, you'll.
Speaker 8: Work backs block, and you'll work you know, DB's receiver, stuff like that. You work that kind of stuff in those individual periods. So it's one of those things where they just decided that this is more important than that. We have to put an emphasis on that, but on that the red zone, the short yard or the third down, all those things.
Speaker 7: It goes back to what I was saying about.
Speaker 8: If we get if they're working on the red zone and they're calling the same place that they call before, you're not going to get an enthusiastic group. They want to know that we have a different course of action for when we do get down here, because they're looking at it and saying, I can be with you all day long, and whether it's technique, whether it's enthusiasm or routes or whatever it is, but boy, I'm tired of running this corner route. And what else do we got? We got anything else? Give us something else so that we can look at it. Go all right, I can get with this. This right here will give us an opportunity to actually win in the red zone or in the open field. You know, are we running same old curl routes, the same old hitch routes, the same old slants, or have you went into your bag and found another game plan that's gonna give us a chance, Because make no mistake about it, those who have been here long enough know the challenge that's coming up on Sunday night, and they're saying, boy, if you bringing that same game, that planing that we didn't have had against those guys the last couple of years, it's gonna get it could possibly get real ugly on Sunday night. So they're looking for something else that gives them a little bit more enthusiasm about what they're doing offensively and defensively.
Speaker 4: I like it conceptually, I mean it sounds good conceptually.
Speaker 5: Now does it translate?
Speaker 4: You know, you've had problems lining up, You've had problems with assignments. You've heard the guys talk about do what you're supposed to do, at least out now in a group setting like that, if you're working more team drills, does that help when you don't do what you're supposed to do and other guys are able to help hold you account.
Speaker 10: No, No, you always gotta do what you're supposed to do. It all works in one in unity.
Speaker 6: You always.
Speaker 10: You know, if if I and I know y'all can imagine if I'm the speed guy and I got to clear out one third for Jesse to come underneath, and I got to take that safety because I got that fortune speed and I gotta and I come jogging off the line and then all of a sudden take off that safety sitting there looking and now he can cover two guys. The guy that's coming over the top of the guy underneath. Now it's the interception that's on me. And now just looking at me like now he ain't want to point me out on the field. That guys don't point folks out.
Speaker 6: That's what I was asking.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Like, man, if you would have just went on and ran, I could have came underneath and made this play. These guys got to start caring about one another.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 10: It seemed like you gotta a bunch of guys just out there playing these individuals and you can't play like that.
Speaker 7: Fifty three brands.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about you. Brought up actually the receiver position. Troy Aikman had some things to say about the receiver position.
Speaker 5: So I want to get your your feedback.
Speaker 4: You behind it, well, you play with Troy play the position, So I want to get y'all's take on it. I think that's that's gonna be really interesting. And also brought up red zone a couple of times.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about the.
Speaker 4: Red zone woes, and then your next five games are all against playoff contenders right now. But you know what, the Boombox boys are little beat up, so if you're gonna play them, this is probably a good week to play them, coming in refreshed, and if you get wiped out, then we're just canceling the show.
Speaker 5: The rest of it ain't nothing else to talk about it. Let's take our first break when we come back. More good stuff on Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 11: How's wing Stop sound chrispy juicy classic wings, sauce and tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature wing Stop Rich. I think you've heard enough. Your leave it delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings.
Speaker 6: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Order now by download the wings Stop out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 12: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seat Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 7: All the action.
Speaker 12: Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 7: Whether you're buying.
Speaker 12: Or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig.
Speaker 6: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 12: Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 13: Hey, Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto ones. That's why I trust chain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 3: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 13: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rooking crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 12: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeir enough knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 7: Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 6: Back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by a blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Thanks blockchain dot com. Seven to eleven.
Speaker 4: We'll get to you next break because I forgot to pull the ruts out from.
Speaker 7: The counter, So text seven one.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 5: That's seven eleven, seven eleven to.
Speaker 6: Pump a. You gotta text pump a three pumps. Yeah, we'll figure out the next break.
Speaker 4: All right, good stuff in the first segment, which leads to some other questions. So let's get to this. Troy, you gut Troy and your position wide receiver. Troy had some uh, some scathing remarks last Thursday. He said, and I'm paraphrasing a little bit, I think the I think their routes are terrible.
Speaker 5: I see guys lazy coming off.
Speaker 4: The line, implying that if they're not getting the ball, they don't really care and they give up on routes and are not vested in selling a route or getting guys out of the play. Is that true? And if it's true, can you fix that? Or is that your teammates holding you accountable?
Speaker 6: Is that just?
Speaker 5: How do you fix that?
Speaker 7: You just freeze your figure twice?
Speaker 10: As the right question, he asked, No, no, no, I was thinking he may not ask the right questions, So I was he asked the right questions. Baby, Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. After y'allah, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You were like, I got it that kid in kindergarten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the right question, man, What do y'all do? Is whll receivers?
Speaker 12: Man?
Speaker 10: When you see because okay, do that happen with this? Do you have you seen what Troy seeing? A littit of it, a lot of it? And what do you do as a receiver?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: Yes, the answer is yes, that guys aren't running when they're supposed to run the full full.
Speaker 5: A lot every once in a while.
Speaker 6: Yeah, enough enough, enough enough to make a difference.
Speaker 8: When you're sitting where you're sitting right now, you have zero margin for error. Right, So once it is too much, twice is way too much, three times, and.
Speaker 5: It's probably contagious.
Speaker 4: Right, one can see it's.
Speaker 7: If I see eighty eight can do it. Guess what happens, guys, I ain't doing it. I ain't doing it.
Speaker 5: That's just how that's leadership, right, that's what you talk about.
Speaker 8: That's how it goes. And I don't even can say, well, you ain't eighty eight. I understand, cool, but hear this. I also know that the guy behind me ain't eighty eight either, So who gonna take my spot? Ain't nobody ain't gonna take my spot. I know that for a fact. So if I if I'm number two, I'm number three. If they're worried about five and six, they ain't taking my job. So I'll tend to lead more to what I see my leader do than what those worry about those guys taking my job. So the answer is yes. The other answer is there is zero a billy on this football team. Zero say, ain't nobody saying nothing to nobody? Ain't nobody saying nothing to nobody? Clearly we are we are six games in and when you hear the same thing. It's a broken record. We hear it from players, the good ones, the average ones, the poor ones. We've heard it from coaches. We had a we had a def we had a defensive coordinator. Let the words come out of his mouth that he panicked. Oh what?
Speaker 9: I what?
Speaker 11: Even?
Speaker 7: I panicked?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 8: A guy who's been in the league for twenty plus years says that my player sometimes panis and I gotta admit that I.
Speaker 6: Panicked in the game.
Speaker 7: There's zero accountability. So ain't nobody saying nothing to nobody?
Speaker 8: And that's why the stuff is still happening because the guys who you expect to lead and the gods that you expect to be the ones to hold the other ones accountable, they just as bad as them, folks, not the blind leading the blond. So ain't nobody saying nothing to nobody?
Speaker 5: How do you fix it? Can you fix it?
Speaker 7: I trust me, If I had the answer, wouldn't be sitting here with.
Speaker 6: You, guys. Get it right?
Speaker 4: I mean, is it as simple as as dak sitting down with the receivers is gonna Look, guys, can't do this.
Speaker 8: Let me tell y'all something, right now, If y'all think dak and they star receivers on the same page, I got a beast front property and I old I would love to sell you.
Speaker 4: And when you say on the same page, what do you mean by that, because that can mean a lot of different things.
Speaker 7: You think those two guys are are or are getting along?
Speaker 4: Huh Well, I mean, ever my eyes tell me what I don't want to believe on Sunday, they.
Speaker 7: Ain't getting along.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And so what you're now what you're now forced to deal with is and you can talk to CD and.
Speaker 6: You ain't gonna tell me what to do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: How many touchdowns have we gotten in the red zone? How many touchdowns that we have?
Speaker 10: By the way, But you know what, but you know what, I'll make coach come talk to me if I was dack.
Speaker 6: And that and that is what troll was saying, You're gonna have to come talk to me. And that's just how it would be.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 9: They won't take it upon themselves to change. They got to have somebody tell them that.
Speaker 7: You know me, I think, and tell me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 8: There was And sometimes I don't like comparing the times because the times are completely different, completely there wasn't. There was an emphasis on like it mattered whether you want a loss, like to get to get blown out the way that the cowboys, in the fashion on which they got blown out. That would have affected some folks. Like that would have affected some folks. It don't affect these guys. The the the willingness and want to win ain't the same guys when you when you and I don't. This is not I'm just using this as an example, and but this is the way the world is now.
Speaker 7: Imagine getting beat at home.
Speaker 4: Oh, you better talk about a podcast, aren't you.
Speaker 8: It's not even about the podcast. It's about the fact that you can laugh and joke about what just happened to you publicly, publicly, Like that's the part the hell everybody has a podcast, But that tells me all I need to know about the team as a whole. It ain't the podcast. I don't care about that. It's the fact that it's comical to you. It's a topic of comedic discussion about how another team seemingly did and toyed with you and that was okay that in that era would not have been allowed. Not the podcast stuff. But you win, bro, We just got.
Speaker 10: Because our PODCASTA was radio shows. We all had radio shows. It's some of us had TV shows.
Speaker 4: Like what you what You Can you imagine back in your era of somebody joking about that walking back in that locker room.
Speaker 8: Because gods would have been like three or four easily you would have called it a fight. Yeah, And so that's what I mean about. There is no accountability on this football team. And and I don't want to compare them to those nineties teams.
Speaker 5: Do you think the league has changed so much?
Speaker 4: Yes, that that's the that's the status quo across the league.
Speaker 5: Or is there accountability on any teams?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, no, no, no, there are some accountability on teams. But it's a culture thing, right Like it is a culture thing like in other places. You go out there and you you with fun tackles like that, you don't play, but give it then who you are because the culture has been set that way.
Speaker 4: That's not necessarily what the players hold each other accountable. It's you don't play if you don't don't.
Speaker 8: You don't play like you don't play, you know what I'm saying. Or then you have those locker rooms that players will.
Speaker 10: Hold you accountable. The Ravens. I know this to be true. And the right people told me this. You the Ravens, Oh yeah, you're gonna be held accountable.
Speaker 6: They yeah.
Speaker 10: But back to what I was saying, I'm the quarterback. I determine whether you get that ball or not. You're gonna run the right route.
Speaker 7: And you know what CD he's saying right now.
Speaker 6: You're gonna run the right route or what you're gonna get the ball?
Speaker 7: Who you're gonna throw to.
Speaker 10: I'ma throw the tod luck the thing about it, But the coach is going to come talk to me.
Speaker 8: That's the attitude. This is the attitude that you deal with now with these younger players.
Speaker 10: I just remember so clearly, like we was at Valley Ranch.
Speaker 6: And this was in our bad years.
Speaker 10: This is when things was Haywire and coach Johnson and I've told you all this before.
Speaker 6: He looked, he looked, He say, did you run the right route?
Speaker 10: Troug You know, TROUMP won't say something when Jimmy talked, just wrong route. Next guy dropped the ball. Next guy uh ran the wrong route. Jimmy looked at the wide receiver coach, which was Helbout Alexander. He says, acts these boys need to know the routes. He put the coach on blast too. These boys need to know the routes. And if they can't learn the routes, I need to know, Troy, keep throwing the ball right where you're throwing it. I'll fix this. We have a whole new receiver set if I understand who CD is and ain't. Nobody fought for CD like me. But I promise you if I was Dack, I would throw the ball to the guy that's at least trying to get where I needed to get.
Speaker 8: That's the problem. They aren't getting where he is. This is why they are here today, right, But.
Speaker 10: That's why you noticed it was a coach involved. Whoever the head whoever the head.
Speaker 6: Coach is, who is the play caller? He need to get with his guy.
Speaker 10: If this is what Troy and you say even happened once, it's wrong.
Speaker 7: It's wrong.
Speaker 6: So you you have to you have to.
Speaker 7: But let me also say this.
Speaker 8: Let me also say that this is not me putting on the cape for CD, because if, if, and when CD does do those things, he's wrong. But as a receiver, here's where the frustration lies. And you you might hear God say it every now and again. I'm just out here running cardio. I'm not doing cardio because when I come up, when I break the huddle ready and I line up, I know my route. I look at the covers and I go this, No, you go man, here we go run. This is not gonna it's not gonna work.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not gonna work. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 5: Even if I run the perfect route. He's not throwing it to me because the coverage and there's no way.
Speaker 7: We keep calling the same basic stuff.
Speaker 8: There's no there's nothing in our office that that's creative enough to get me open.
Speaker 7: I line up out here and I'm a sitting duck.
Speaker 8: So now I'm either gonna have to go in there and make a miraculous catch, get my head knocked off, or the ball even coming to me because I gotta curl route and they're in cover two.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but isn't it on him then to still run his route properly? Right right, I'm saying, I'm not saying what when he does it? Run his route fully? He's he's not at fault. But I'm also saying where the frustration lies. And these receivers, especially your number one receiver, is when you consistently line up over and over and over and over and over again, and nothing is given you a true chance to be a part of this thing in a dominant fashion. That's where his frustration comes in. And that's when you see.
Speaker 8: You see a guy run a route in the ball, get intercepting, and he like, man, I ain't fighting for that.
Speaker 14: I ain't.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 7: They get it. They get it because you should never call this dumb play.
Speaker 10: But now let's go a step further with the top quarterbacks, which is Dak top receiver which is ceed Lamb.
Speaker 6: I hear and I see.
Speaker 10: Every quarterback of that ILK has special things they do for their receiver and their receiver due specially and I'm not And you have to work together for this to happen where And we heard about it all yesterday with this kid with Dante. We hear about it and even announced see right here when they ran this, right here, when they ran this, this is what they got him. They can't work that out when you are so selfish that you can't get with your man.
Speaker 6: Your quarterback or your wide receiver are the second team.
Speaker 10: Wide receiver are the third and work something out.
Speaker 6: What what what?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 6: What? What? What?
Speaker 10: What are gonna do today? Hey, Dak, you threw the wrong past. I know it was a completion, but you threw the wrong path.
Speaker 6: What he gonna do? He ain't doing nothing now, he ain't gonna do nothing.
Speaker 7: If if that do what he wanted to do.
Speaker 6: Man, make this thing work.
Speaker 8: No, I'm with you, like, but I think about Michael Irvin if him and Troy wasn't on the same page. Mike, because he wants the ball, it's gonna be men have to go to try and say, hey, bro.
Speaker 5: What I got to do to get? What do you want from me?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 7: What do you want?
Speaker 8: Because I need I need to get this pill? What do you want from me? Let's work on this a little bit more. Uh, We're not leaving until we figure this out. But that's the difference. That is the difference between and now.
Speaker 5: It feels kind of like, well, he won't throw me the ball. What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 7: He go his way. I'm going home to my family. Sees it. I'm going home to my family. I see when one time show up? Work on tomorrow.
Speaker 10: Because this thing is predicated. The run game is predicated off of CD. The passing game is predicated off CD. Everything is based off of him because once they get him doing what he's doing, which is visually not in the second half, now you now you can put the number one coin on on your on the second guy that's in the story.
Speaker 6: And that's what's been happening. We have no running game.
Speaker 10: But because number one offense line is still trying to find themselves. But if CD was breaking breaking people back out there, that running game open up.
Speaker 8: Just the tippet Detroit told you all you need to know last week. De Troy said, Oh, our game plan was take eighty eight out the picture.
Speaker 7: We'll deal with anybody else.
Speaker 6: Yes, nobody else to deal with? Was it? And we And it's like.
Speaker 10: It's like Jason, like Ferguson, is he is he still in the pandemic mode?
Speaker 6: Is he got COVID? Is what's wrong with in? I mean, is he got pop Chicken pops?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 5: Measles?
Speaker 6: Why you can't throw him the ball?
Speaker 9: Yeah? She seems he's not doing near what he's done in the past.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, this is weird.
Speaker 10: And you know, and I'm not gonna call, but I'm two games away from Michael from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 6: I'm all right with your coach to ride with that.
Speaker 5: Come on, Dak, all right, let's take our last break. When we come back.
Speaker 4: I'll get to that seven to eleven read and some stats when we come out of the break.
Speaker 5: On Hanging with the Boys Stats.
Speaker 11: House Wingstop sound, crispy juicy, classic wings, sausted, tossed, and those are letting, soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut season fries, housemade honey, mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough. Get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game day as the official Wings of the Dallas Cowboys. Order now by download the Wingstop app or ordering online at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. But lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 7: Slide for the first down.
Speaker 13: Investigate your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 13: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 12: Grab some today, Hey Cowboys fans on twenty twenty four. Football season is here and seat Gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 6: All the action.
Speaker 12: Seed Gig makes it easy to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season, whether you're buying or selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event.
Speaker 11: Seed Gig is the.
Speaker 6: Place to do it.
Speaker 12: Seatgig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works.
Speaker 7: Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 14: Geeka to Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the final segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought to eaching every day by Jigsaw, the proud dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Kurt, Yes, we back.
Speaker 5: Yes a Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you know about seven to eleven of how to get to this Bengals game.
Speaker 5: Get ready for the ultimate Game to experience. Thanks to seven to eleven.
Speaker 4: You could win a VP experience to the Cowboys versus Bengals showdown on December the ninth.
Speaker 5: Just text Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: That's where we went wrong, Jesse, Text Cowboys VIP two seven that's seven eleven, seven eleven Josh for your chance to win premium ticket, sideline passes, traveling more. Don't miss out it or now no purchase necessary. Ends on eleven twenty. Must be eighteen or older. In the U S d C.
Speaker 5: Void were prohibited. Messaging data rates may apply. Visit b I T DOT L Y slash.
Speaker 4: Go seven one one seven one one for full details and non text entry.
Speaker 7: The Ravens.
Speaker 10: The Ravens at one point was like one in two or one in three or so and two ninety four and.
Speaker 5: Two and two. Who they play that third game?
Speaker 7: Who got them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 9: Come on?
Speaker 6: You know what, man? Think about it?
Speaker 5: Drug Store?
Speaker 6: This is one thank you say it again. I don't want to.
Speaker 5: Say drug store came to town.
Speaker 2: They came.
Speaker 5: They came to the drive through.
Speaker 4: Drove through Albertson, Yeah, drive through, and they got low.
Speaker 6: They got low. Man, moving some guys off the ball.
Speaker 4: Your next five games are all versus playoff contenders.
Speaker 5: Three of these are on the road, So.
Speaker 4: I would say, you know, anything can happen in the NFL, right, But I think these next, these next three to five games are your season, right because you're right in the middle of the mix, and you can affect the standings and the playoffs. And if you don't come through this on the other side at least five hundred or better, you're probably done.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, this is it.
Speaker 9: What's the next not even that you know, even if you're five hundred, I mean against those teams that wouldn't be too bad. But you got to start, like we're already saying, guys, or are they gonna stay involved? Are they gonna or do you start losing the whole team and just snowballs downhill?
Speaker 8: And how you lose matters, right like like that that plays a significant part on what's happening. Because if you go to if you go to Santa Clara, now, y'all, if you go to Santa Clair, if you're going to Santa Claire next week, and they hang thirty up on you, right, they hang twenty five thirty up on you, God forbid?
Speaker 7: Is more than.
Speaker 4: That at San fran at Atlanta at home, versus Philly at home, versus Houston at Washington.
Speaker 6: And then so tomorrow and then the drug store comes to town.
Speaker 10: So tomorrow that's just, uh, bring you this sheet back and let's see where we were in peckingese games.
Speaker 8: I think three and three is some of what we probably had the at this point, somewhere three three or four two.
Speaker 4: Just like that.
Speaker 7: It's the blowouts.
Speaker 8: It's that you're not even like you're not even standing a chance against the losses that you have. And I get the pitch. The Baltimore Excuse Me game was different at the end, but that game was it was hand, it was routing. You know what I'm saying, Like, that's what's going to be significant. And starting this week, another prime time game, Sunday night football. Ain't no, ain't nothing else on TV. It's you in the world. It is you and the world.
Speaker 7: Like we used to call that. My mama watching game like that. Ain't nothing.
Speaker 8: Church is over, Sunday dinner is done. You done, ran your errands, you didn't got to nap. All the guys and the honey do list.
Speaker 5: All the other teams are at home like watching and.
Speaker 10: I'm like, you just I ain't never been wrong. How you say if if this you know how you say if you turn on the TV, we turn on social media. Then a certain guy said.
Speaker 7: If Stephen ain't if.
Speaker 10: I turned that off, I'm like, this is a just it's got to be a jes So can we get that, Chris?
Speaker 6: Can we get it? Yeah? Can we get the steven a Lass with Jesse do?
Speaker 8: But this I guess, But this is one another one of those games where you want to see.
Speaker 7: Jerry b on the radio tomorrow. But if you want to see him.
Speaker 5: Is that the first time?
Speaker 6: Oh tun in tomorrow.
Speaker 5: What time is that in the morning.
Speaker 6: I try not to hear that.
Speaker 8: But if if you want to see mister Jones thirty eight hot lose again on national television in front of the world and an embarrassing grease hot if you get if you.
Speaker 4: Get blown out at home on national television, there's no telling them what might happen if.
Speaker 8: You if you lose these next two games, if you get blown out Sunday night and then lose it against Atlanta the next week, However you lose against Atlanta, shake him up, Shake him up, Shake him up, shake him It's gonna be a shake.
Speaker 9: Up around Atlanta game. That's the one you're gonna need. Yeah, because the team's around you before and after.
Speaker 15: Yeah, what would before we get out of here, what would you like to see on the field different this week than we've seen the first six weeks?
Speaker 6: Sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: Just sit beside some healthy players maybe coming back. I just like to see just sixty minutes of effort. I would like you know, y'all, you know sixteen and old. We do the paper sixteen and old.
Speaker 6: But y'all know how I feel. This is a soft rebuild.
Speaker 10: Fellas, you got too many older guys and too many young guys to.
Speaker 6: Have a successful team. I just believe that.
Speaker 10: And it's in our older guys are either hurt or not playing well, and our young guys are learning.
Speaker 6: So this is about where it should be. And this this thing.
Speaker 10: If I say, bring in your papers, because we might be this thing, you get ugly if we.
Speaker 6: Don't hurry up and turn it around.
Speaker 4: What would you as a as a player you talked about before the bye week you needed to see something to give you some confidence, not see the same old thing.
Speaker 5: What do you need as a player?
Speaker 8: Motion's just like, there needs to be a significant difference in what we're doing schematically.
Speaker 7: I need to see it immediately.
Speaker 8: I need to know that you spent your week giving us the best opportunity to win, because because you're getting ready to see a supreme coach, like the Niners are reeling right, but you're getting ready to see Kyle Shanahan put together a plan that's probably gonna smoke y'all.
Speaker 6: Most likely not as y'all it used to be us.
Speaker 7: I almost said something, almost said something. I'm like, I ain't. That's what I need to see.
Speaker 8: I need to see the different I need to know when we come out here in this game plan, it looks different, it's sound different, the play calling is different. We got some pizzaz, some spirit fingers. Something's going on that's different than what we left with. Like that's what I need to see. Defensively, same thing, of course you're gonna get for what they're saying right now, Micah is looking like he's going to be back. They don't know about Kendricks and they're still on shore, which is really weird about dron Blant, Like they're like, well maybe I'm like, I'm glad. We're like we're like two months in now, Like like you said four to six weeks and then you propped him up like he was going to play last week, had him talk to them like everything was like he was going to play in the Trick game. He may play sparingly. Now you're saying you don't know if you might happen for this game, Like I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's very few injuries these days that people time passed the timeline. Yeah, like six weeks is about it unless it's a season ending type.
Speaker 6: You know something.
Speaker 5: Isn't that crazy? How technology and medicines advanced.
Speaker 10: So much, so much to the point where they don't know when they're really coming back.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: There there's a show that I started watching binge watching on Netflix. If you like Pirates, it's a it's a it's a four season series.
Speaker 5: And this show reminds me.
Speaker 4: It's called Black Sales, and this show reminds me of it because the main characters they're all super loyal to like the Pirate. If you know anything about Pirates, they were very democratic. They put everything up for a vote and and but the main characters are the captains of these different ships, and every damn near every episode, they're loyalty changes to what fits their agenda.
Speaker 5: But then they always go back and they're loyal to each other.
Speaker 4: And at the you know, in the end of the episode or whatever they're they're all still doing what's best for the the pro the program.
Speaker 5: That's like this show. The agenda switched so much and the loyalty and but at the end.
Speaker 4: Of the day, trying to keep it in this room, well fellas good stuff.
Speaker 6: Key word for the day is Shu Mo shun because that way freaky from Pittsburgh, like that ship has sailed to the Pirates.
Speaker 7: The pirate Chris. The next thing he'll be doing walking the plank.
Speaker 5: Oh thanks, yes, thanks for keeping them company. We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place. On Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.