Speaker 1: The second date updated. Who do you trust for advice on your dating life? Your friends? Yeah, yes, they're not really looking out for you. Yes they might say that.
Speaker 2: Not really.
Speaker 3: Your co workers.
Speaker 1: Yikes. Absolutely, chat GPT, I mean probably not. Still trust them.
Speaker 2: Trust all the computer minds.
Speaker 3: But when chat GPT runs out of date ideas, you got to turn to the sure thing, your therapist for hot dating tips.
Speaker 4: Wait, I mean maybe like relationship advice, but hot dating day.
Speaker 1: That's what one of our listeners, Hannah did, and the.
Speaker 3: Great advice from her therapist has landed her here with us today. Therapist, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's all working out well, Hannah, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Hey, I want to hear the therapist did by some dime.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what did your therapist say?
Speaker 5: Well? I was talking about my struggles dating and she kind of called me out on that I'm maybe not always being my most authentic self and that could be why I'm struggling here.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's what you're paying her for, you out professionally.
Speaker 1: She said, to just be the real you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just encouraging me to be myself the problem.
Speaker 2: So what did you do to accomplish that?
Speaker 5: So I was kind of racking my brain, like thinking, what are things that I like? And I love the show Cobra Kai.
Speaker 2: Oh like the Karate Kids spin off?
Speaker 5: Yes, Cobra Kai.
Speaker 2: I did not expect us to go there. So did you take a karate class then or something?
Speaker 5: H yeah, I get him there?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Well I guess who'd you go out with?
Speaker 5: His name is Mike?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you meet him at the karate class or did you take a class together?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: We took a class together. Interesting, but I met him online?
Speaker 1: Oh so how did this date happen? Can you like run us through it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well we set up just like a dinner date. Okay, nice and she and it was a fun time and like we were hitting it off.
Speaker 3: So you're matching the Cobra Kai theme to the meal too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, sushi? You have like all kind of Asian culture influences.
Speaker 2: Yes, nice and sushi was good.
Speaker 4: You guys had good conversation or like what's the highlights there?
Speaker 5: We were just goofing around. We were like play fighting, like.
Speaker 2: With the chopsticks his swords.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay. To be honest, I wouldn't normally act like this on my dates. Like maybe I was a little too nerdy, but I kept hearing be my most authentic self, kind of saying it like as a mantra.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So when you brought up Cobra Kai with Mike, was he into it?
Speaker 5: He'd actually never seen it, but he had heard of it, and I think he'd been meaning to watch it.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's good.
Speaker 1: That's like to show him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally if everything.
Speaker 1: Goes well, of course.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know I've tried to go that route, invite him over to watch it at my place.
Speaker 2: You I think that he's probably planning on more than Cobra Kai, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm more like cobra thighs.
Speaker 2: What sorry.
Speaker 1: Did he say? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, he was kind of like, I don't know how late I can stay out.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that makes sense. I mean tell literally people that before. It makes sense.
Speaker 3: But not in a dating world like that. Invite is whatever guy is waiting, you want to go.
Speaker 5: You'll stay up.
Speaker 2: Not every guy wants to hook up on the first date.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, maybe she got the one percent, you know, So were you okay with that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was okay with that because I had a backup plan.
Speaker 4: Okay, authentic self, what was that?
Speaker 5: My authentic self decided that we could like go do like a trial martial arts class.
Speaker 2: Ah, so it's.
Speaker 1: You, Mike and a room full of six year old.
Speaker 4: So you went straight from the restaurant to a karate class.
Speaker 5: It was actually next door. I sort of might have planned that.
Speaker 1: You have a whole plan. He's either going to my house. We're rolling on my bed or rolling on some man.
Speaker 2: Why do I picture him in jeans trying to do karate? Did he have the right outfit for it?
Speaker 5: What they give you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, they provided us with the Yeah, and I think we had fun.
Speaker 1: I got some sweet nunchucks in my truck anyway.
Speaker 2: So let me get my throwing stuff.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it fun as good? Was it romantic?
Speaker 3: Or?
Speaker 5: I think so? Because really, you know, like the kind of fighting, it's like there's tension, it's kind of flirty.
Speaker 4: And I also think just trying anything new with a person like helps bond.
Speaker 1: You what's going on.
Speaker 2: It's a shared experience. You could either laugh at how bad you.
Speaker 1: Are or I slowly choke them out.
Speaker 2: They do that at the beginner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, let's let's let's get to the end of the night. How did you leave things?
Speaker 5: We just said goodbye to each other, kind of outside hug, kiss, a little kiss.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's something. And what's happened since the date?
Speaker 5: Well, it hasn't been that long, but I actually saw my therapist.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you giggle through that session too?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I definitely did, because I really was trying to be my most authentic self.
Speaker 1: So you told her about the date, then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I did. I told her about it.
Speaker 2: So why are you calling us? Then?
Speaker 5: Well, she kind of made me doubt things because she said to me like that might have been a little.
Speaker 1: Too much, too authentic.
Speaker 5: Not necessarily that, but that there are other parts to me, like I'm not just cobra kai.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, like you only focus on martial arts.
Speaker 4: Tell your therapist, you're not gonna show this guy everything in the first night.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's Brooks movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe second date material, all right, you got to leave something to learn, open up, show him more of your interests when you meet up a second time, So hopefully we can facilitate that.
Speaker 3: We'll come back call Mike for you and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 1: Okay, second date update.
Speaker 3: This is the theme song for the original Karate Kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, the best around, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Wow, coming on a little strong man, authentic self, real thoughts now.
Speaker 3: But I know it's been a while since we've all seen the original movie, but I'll tell you the overall theme of it is an underdog who's up against the odds, finally faces his fears and his bullies and comes away with the trophy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves an underdog story.
Speaker 3: And that's our listener Hannah today. And Hannah's trophy that she's after is a man named Mike she met online and personally, Hannah, I just want to say your idea for like a Cobra kai themed date going to sushi and doing a karate class together. Like, we never hear women going out of their way to set things up like this. It's usually the men that try and arrange a date like this.
Speaker 1: It is refreshing. I commend you on what you did here.
Speaker 2: First, Yeah, I get it. Get it another.
Speaker 4: I'm striking first, like the Cobra, I think it's marriage material.
Speaker 2: Wow, you're just.
Speaker 4: I think I think she's marriage material. And this guy is going to be missing out if he doesn't give you another chance.
Speaker 1: All right, we're so Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would you like Brooke to tell him that as soon as we get him on the phone, or we can hold off for a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's just be natural and chill about it at okay, see what happens, and.
Speaker 1: Then then we'll get to the waxing on and off and all that. All right, that's a good part of the movie. Here we go, let's dial the phone number and hopefully he picks up. Hello. Hey, we're looking for Mike.
Speaker 6: This is Mike.
Speaker 3: Hey, Mike, I said we because you're talking to a whole show right now, a radio show Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the morning.
Speaker 6: Uh, what is it about.
Speaker 2: It's called the Second Date Update, and it's all about you by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, not just sorry. I don't know what's going on with Brooke today. She's a little yeah, and it's not just about you.
Speaker 3: It's about you along with one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently named Hannah.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Hannah. Yeah, okay, yeah you remember.
Speaker 4: Well it sounds like you guys just recently went out, which is awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah we did, Yeah, we went out.
Speaker 1: Cool, all right, we.
Speaker 3: Heard a little bit about your guys's date we'd like to get your side.
Speaker 1: Of the story, just to see how the stories match.
Speaker 6: I mean, I don't know, what do you want to know? I don't really feel too comfortable about talking about this kind of stuff for the whole radio show.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, not the whole show. Alexis closed your ears. Oh all right, you have seventy of the show.
Speaker 4: I don't want to miss how it goes headphones off, he doesn't listen anyways.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: What okay?
Speaker 3: All right, I think we're meeting your quota now. So what we're looking for though, is just general thoughts like did you like Hannah?
Speaker 1: How did you feel about her?
Speaker 5: Uh? You know?
Speaker 6: I mean okay, if I if I say anything, it was one of the more like unique experiences I've ever had on date.
Speaker 4: It sounds like she put a lot of like thought and energy into planning the night for you too.
Speaker 2: Is that is that something new that?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's that's that's for sure. I think a lot of energy was expended too, even on the date. I can give you that much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you're talking about like the karate class was like you extend.
Speaker 6: Energy, Yeah, that would be it. I I certainly something I've never experienced before.
Speaker 4: That's cool, though, I mean, what did you think when she came up with that idea? She said it was kind of a surprise.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, it absolutely was. And I'll say this, you know, I thought for me, it was like I don't mind surprises. It was just something that like what I was wearing too. You know, I'm wearing some kind of nice pants. I couldn't yeah, you know, I can't do karate in those kind of clothes. It was, you know, it was it was interesting.
Speaker 3: Because I could see how people would even say no, not in a rude way, but like I'm sorry, but that's kind of a big ask, Like.
Speaker 1: We just had dinner.
Speaker 2: You're thinking of yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably like.
Speaker 4: It.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy, you sound adventurous.
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're talking a lot about the date and the activities. I want to know what you thought about Hannah.
Speaker 2: Oh a person if you got to know who she is.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, a little bit by it. I mean she seems really nice, but uh, your personality wise, I just don't know if we're if we're compatible. Oh no, yeah, to be completely honest, well, it was she I mean, this is weird to me too. Is that like she put all this great idea and energy into this idea and then she kind of was a little like meek me, you know, just kind of yeah, shy. I guess I'd say, like, it's like, it's not her fault. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm not saying people like that and have a problem or anything. It's just for me, it's not really what I go for. And when I saw that, But.
Speaker 4: Listen, you've got a person even if she's shy, she's going out on a limb. She's surprising you with the karate class. Like maybe you just need to it to no her more to see like her fun charismatic side.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what's that whole thing? You can't ask uh e to change his stripes or something like that. And then I'm saying, I don't know, it's just something like she is.
Speaker 1: You know what, what exactly a you're looking for? What type of woman do you want? Obnoxious brook type?
Speaker 2: Some people do?
Speaker 6: Some people do, Yeah, I don't know. You know, I think that typically I'm just more attracted to someone with a bit more of like an assertive of personality.
Speaker 3: Really, there is a saying that I like to draw up on. Sometimes it's that I may not always win, but I never quit.
Speaker 2: Oh is this a karate kid thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, I was for ruining it, but it's going to segue seedlessly to tell you, you know who also doesn't quit?
Speaker 1: Hannah, who's on the other line right now?
Speaker 6: Talk to what?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're damn right.
Speaker 1: Yeah's on the phone.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, ob kid never dies.
Speaker 2: Okay, sober Kin never dies.
Speaker 5: It is and I think.
Speaker 6: Clearly a futable here sneaky move.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want you to talk to each other. I want to hear from Hannah though, Hannah, what what do you think about what.
Speaker 1: You just heard?
Speaker 5: I think that it's kind of ridiculous that you would judge me that fast, because I clearly have other sides to my personality. I just was showing the one thing first. I put myself out there. I can be assertive like I can be bad.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it sounds like he's not quite buying it yet.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think you're you're really getting that. So just like, don't confuse being nice with being weak.
Speaker 2: Is that a quote? Because that's a good ju Hannah.
Speaker 3: Do you have any other examples of how you can be an assertive, powerful woman.
Speaker 5: You know, like I might like this show for a reason. Okay, because I am a go getter. I try to get what I want. I mean, I don't give up.
Speaker 2: Yes, what are you thinking there?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 6: I mean, are you saying that what you want is another date with me? Is that what you want?
Speaker 1: Hannah? Strike first, strike hard, no mercy?
Speaker 2: Where are you kidding? Before we called it?
Speaker 1: I'm on Google.
Speaker 5: Listen. Okay, Okay, here's the thing. You're gonna either be quiet and listen to me and just do it and we're gonna go out again because there's more there, or you're just gonna be lame.
Speaker 1: I'll even have to.
Speaker 3: Ask a question because she's telling you that we're going to go out on a second day.
Speaker 6: You don't want to be lame, do you? I? I mean, listen. I said to them that I wanted someone who was assertive, and this is kind of the consertiveness. So I'm down if you're down.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I din't offer to pay for it.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: She's gonna make him pay for it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you got money and pay for it, and you're gonna like it.
Speaker 6: Mike again, I guess I have to now I literally asked for someone to tell me what to do.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like we're sending you guys out on another date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, all right, hand, I'm glad you did this shoot.
Speaker 2: Do you not have a cobra kai saying to close this out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna end with a traditional bow and then we all kiss.
Speaker 1: This is radio. There's kissing in the karate classes that I went to.
Speaker 3: There we okay, everybody bow and pucker and one two.
Speaker 1: Can control of the situation.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: You know, jeff is actually blushing.
Speaker 1: Your hands full with this tiger. Well, we've created a monster.
Speaker 6: It's broken Jeffrey in the morning,