Speaker 1: Calls media. What's up, y'all? UH got a question for you? What makes an effective nickname? Now? I actually think this is one of those things that it's probably universal. I can only speak specifically about my own experience around being black and you know, in a mixed culture relationship, you know, as in Mexican and traveling, the the the ways for which we put together nicknames. I know that very intimately. But I feel like it's it's kind of true everywhere. It's very unique being a rapper or an artist to which you can pick your own nickname. But I know I didn't actually pick it. My cousin gave it to me. It's prop which is short for propaganda, was my tagging name, and it was because of, you know, my interest in visual arts, music, poetry, and education, religion, all of it. He was like, man, he was like, the smartest dude, I know you are propaganda. You know. We didn't know that it was. Its connotation was nakedive. We had no idea. We just thought it was a cool word. Then you come across a Baldwood quote that says all art is propaganda, you know, so we were like, oh, hell yeah, and it looked really cool. With the chisel tip marks a lots, you know, in the in the sharpiece when we wrote our names on walls. Wait, no, he didn't. Allegedly, I wasn't in one of the like legendary like cruise. I didn't. I wasn't like a famous like writer, you know what I'm saying. Like I didn't reach a level of stardom in that scene. The stardom for me came from rapping. Anyway, back to your nickname. You know, in a lot of Mexican culture, they usually pick the most obvious physical attribute about you, right, and sometimes it be a play on words, so like if you're really skinny, they'll call you gordogo, right, or the other way around, like you're really that, they'll call you flocko like it's a joke. Or sometimes it's right on the top of a gordo it's because you are a chunky baby. Stuff like that. Like a lot of little black boys is called big head because when we was children, our heads were big, like you just you know, lefty fuehead. All types of nicknames usually come from something, at least in our culture, is a physical attribute or the most embarrassing moment of your life. Maybe somebody call you slippers because you slipped on some ice in front of whatever the case may be. Most of the time your nicknames come from very embarrassing moments. Now you got two choices. You can embrace it and just be it is what it is. You could let it get under your skin right now. Oftentimes, nicknames like this are done out of love, like we love each other. You know. This just a strange way that people of colored and like I said, I believe it's universal. This is a strange way for us to like show love, but this is how we show love. Would make fun of you. But sometimes those nicknames are too bully you and unfortunately, when there's a power dynamic, like I know you kids can't really believe this is true. But some of them movie tropes where dudes were just bullies just to be bullies. They were just physical with you, just to be physical and just made fun of nerds. Like that was like a real thing.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I know it seems stupid now, but like it was a real thing. Some people were just bullies. But what bullies hated the most was when the tables were turned. All they dish out what they can't take, and that's what you know about a bully, because bullies oftentimes are deeply insecure, but you can't usually meet them with power because that's the language they speak. They know how to peacock well, and they oftentimes learn the peacock well because they actually scarred. They scary. They tissue thin skin, so they have to make themselves look bigger because they're actually scared of somebody seeing who they truly are. But usually what happens then then is among us who are being bullied, we invent a nickname for you, and it's something that we can giggle among ourselves about because it's a little bit of a power change. Because you don't know that's what we call you. You'll notice the way we make fun of you. This is the code name we have among us. You walk into the lunch room, still trying to be the big bad bully, thinking you you know, you the mean girl. You're the cutest girl on the thing. Meanwhile, we all call you fauxhead because you don't know how huge your fauxhead is. When you finally find out four months we've been calling you fauxhead and giggling every time you talk, you know what I'm saying, Maybe maybe maybe you got a school where half of the people speak Spanish, so they call you Couathro and you don't know they call you Couathra or friend day, hey, frient day. It's like what it's like, Oh no, don't worry about it. We're making fun of you, and it's only because you've been being a bully. This is our way to deal with your bully. News ladies and gentleman, this has happened to Donald Trump. Mat Me tell you about taco politics with pride. All right, it's no surprise to anyone that Trump has a tissue thin skin that he just the smallest of pushback just tumbles that man into nothingness in a way that like is so foreign from what I understand a man to be. Like, I know, men are not well. I know the manospear thing. I get it. I am a man. Men are not well. But I also know that the level of fragileness, to me, it's unprecedented and like not that I prescribe to any of the alpha male stuff, which was clearly debunked. I just notice whatever he is, whatever he be displaying, is a version of mand that I feel like we be trying to teach our sons not to be.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know that, man. I just know what he shows us, and what he shows us as a person who can't take correction, He shows us a person that has to be the biggest peacock in the room. He shows us a person who just can't take a joke and who just has to be right all the time, every time. And to me, if you can't take no l I don't understand that type of man. Anyway. I'm off topic of all the things that people have tried to do to combat Trump, to take him serious, to return his claims with receipts, a lot of that stuff. He's just a teflon dawn. It just all washes over him. Consistency doesn't matter. There is a tweet and or truth for everything he's done where he has said one thing and done the opposite, especially around the stock market, and he was saying that Biden should be impeached by letting the stock market fall by a certain amount of points. The stock market failed by a certain amount of points. When he was talking about receiving gifts from Saudi Arabia, that that should be illegal. You should get investigated because the bidens have been accepting gifts from foreign nations. He about to accept a gift from Qatar as in a plane, and he's telling you he doing it, and I'd be stupid to not take it. So the thing is consistency don't matter. Proof that what you're saying is a lie, don't matter. They're eating pets, this is verifiably false. Science don't matter. Quoting him on what he said, it don't matter. He's like, did you say, did you suggest that we drink bleach? Did you suggest that? No? I didn't. The trillions of times it has been proven that this man lost the twenty twenty election, he is as of right now dead ass. This week making Colorado report all of their voting information all the way back to twenty twenty. This man is still dead ass serious that he did not lose this election in twenty twenty in the past, dead serious. So despite trillions of evidence otherwise, the point is nothing seems to affect him. Locker room talk, grab him by the coochies. Nothing affects him. But there is a way to make fun of him. You make fun of him the way that I told y'all to make fun of him by talking around him and one of those things is taco. Taco stands for Trump always chickens out, and it's about the tariffs. Now, the beauty of this is that we didn't even make it up. There were no Latinos involved in making up the name taco for Donald Trump. Matter of fact, it wasn't even Americans that made it up. It was a report from the Financial Times in the UK who coined it Trump always chickens Out. And the first time Trump heard about it was in a press conference about his liberation Day in the Turfs Turfs. This was when he was talking about that and when asked about the nickname that he ain't never heard of, let me tell y'all what his response was. It was the funniest thing he said. When the reporter asked him about his nickname, Trump Always chickens Out. He goes say what now, like Trump always? What he says, I kick out? And they were like chicken out? And Trump was like you could tell he was visibly like the you know the meme of Doug balling his fist. Wait, that's not Doug. What the hell character is that? The PBS little boy, the mold that got ears. You know what I'm talking about? The bald fist, right, he said. The sad thing is now when I make a deal with them, it's something much more than reasonable. They say, oh, he was a chicken. He was a chicken, Trump said on Wizards. That's so unbelievable. This man was rattled by this because it shows that there is talk about him when he's not around. And if you are bully, part of what you have to do is control everything. This is why Trump loves to be on the TV all the time. This is why Trump loved to be the one in the in the in the in the media. The media cycle got to be about him because you control the narrative. You got to control the room. He on his way to the G seven right now. Now you remember last time he went to the G seven conference. Remember when last time he was president when he went and then there was that video of the photo of him pushing the other guy out the way to make sure he was in the front. Because the man understands the camera. And as a side note, respect, I actually respect how well he understands the camera. That is something that as an artist I could probably learn from. Demand understands the camera. Now, I don't like the way for which he does it, but I respect the hustle. Now that was coffee pouring if you heard that. By the way, terraforms on its way back anyway. This is reported first by the New York Times. They reported that investors were using this term to describe how the markets would plummet in then rebound. You remember when Trump called out that whole Liberation Day one hundred percent tax on everybody. The best example was with China. You know what I'm saying. Do you remember that back and forth with China? How China just kind of kept their mouth shut. You ever been to a nego You ever seen a negotiation like this, which is basically what China did. He was like, fifty percent taxes on China. China was like, bring it, well, fifty percent tax on yours. Okay, so reciprocal one hundred percent taxes until you come talk to me. You hear that blank sound right now, That's what Jijing Ping did. Trump got on the news like, no, no, no, no, no, he gonna he gonna come, he gonna talk, he gonna ride it, he gonna he gonna come talk to me. She's in Ping said, that's exactly what he said. And Trump was like, okay, we talked, I'm gonna take that down to ten percent. This is getting too crazy. Jes Ing Ping said, thank you very much. We'll go back to our regular scheduled program. The man kept changing his mind. Now, remember when he had that that interview, or that that that little meeting in the White House with the whole last Charles Swab, which apparently is a real person, Like he said, he said, this man made nine billion dollars in the stock market between these ups and downs, And we was like, did you do that on purpose? Was you really just out here making the rich folks richer? Is that really what went on? Playing with us? Either way, the EU looked at us and was like, this man be talking a big talk all the damn time, and then he don't stick by it. You know, the bully that pulled his fist back, like, oh, I'll knock y'all, knock your teeth out, and you just be like do it then, No, I'm gonna do it. Okay. There's a proverb, as in the Book of Proverbs that my daddy used to say to me. However, never actually lived, but he used to say, you know, a soft answer turns away wrath and I found with myself this something a little true too. I am not the largest man. I'm not physically intimidating to other men who are more in the fully side of things. But I stand with a lot of confidence because I speak calmly. And when you speak calmly, it seems as though you are not intimidated by their size. And what happens is they start to think since they're so loud, they're so boisterous, they're so dangerous, they're so aggressive, and you are not flinching, it makes them think maybe this kid knows something I don't, because you shouldn't be this calm now. Granted, I'm terrified, but this is the trick. You come in close, you say, hey, check this out, because you're gonna stop. You telling at me right now. All right. I understand you got things to prove. I understand you gotta, you know, put on for your set, you gotta put on for your city. But listen, dude, I'm not the one man. I mean calmly. There are no threats, just hey, you gonna need to stop this or else what let's just not worry about or else.
Speaker 2: You you you could, you could go for your gun, but you're gonna catch about four five bad ones before you can get to it.
Speaker 1: And I might have a gun too. You don't know that. So when you're calm, it almost rattles people. More right. I've often giggled two. I'd giggle that cops soon where you're going. I'm like, ah, sir, I need you to go find some crimes to solve, okay, and you just kind of smile, Hey, have a good day, officer, because I'm not You're not gonna rattle me. Right, So this calm answer that Jijingping has done gains the respect of a man like Trump. Unlike everybody else that went down to bend the knee, you just got to chill. Another way to respond, though, is to make fun of the man Trump always chickens out. Now I'm gonna read from ig dot com, which is believe it or not, a stock trading website in the UK. This is by written by a man named Chris bill Camp. This is called This was on May twenty seven, twenty twenty five. Taco trade triumphs. Once again, Friday's price action might seem awfully a long way in the past to UK investors. Referring to the world after the bank holiday weekend, but the final training day of last week saw a brief resurgence of tariff volatility, as President Trump's announced he would be recommending a fifty percent tariff on EU products from the first of June. However, Sunday, the President revised his plan, suspending until the ninth of July, following a call with the EU commissioned President Ursula von der Ellayan stocks have rallied as a result, and as investors are strengthened in their belief that the US government isn't serious about imposing high tariffs. Now, Trump would argue, he would say, or at least his followers would say, this was a bargaining tool. I'm the greatest, the greatest negotiator on the planet. So he's like, I'm gonna go all the way the other way and then bring them to where I want them, is his argument, right, Let me keep reading. Since the terror pause in April, the Taco acronym has become common among investors. It stands for Trump always chickens out. Each apparent escalation of the trades war has been followed up by a pause, and a pattern that was apparent before April, when the US President began making pronouncements about Canada and Mexico, the prelude of his assault onto trade system. On Liberation Day. For investors, Friday's news came out of nowhere. News flow on tariffs had dried up since the China pause, allowing stocks to continue to recover, albeit at a much more sedated pace than April. The drip was rapidly brought once again, however, illustrating the belief that the tariffs were more of a negotiation taxing. So what he is bragging about investors are making fun of, which means nobody gonna take this man serious. So remember how we would be like the rest of the world making fun of us, and he would say, we become the laughing stock of the world, and I'm gonna make them take us serious. And I'm like, no, sir, you are the joke. You know, there's another way for which he chickened out. But he chickened out at least for a good unless you maga, let me tell you about it. He is right now signing a executive order to protect the undocument and it's citizens that are employed by construction companies, migrant farms, or hotel industry who are of upstanding report by their employers. Why because the people employing these people that you so mad are here taking the job. Said no, no, no, no no no no no no no no Wait a minute, wait minute, wait a minute, wit minute, he a really good worker. We actually like you. Just you just you just took away my entire workforce. You remember all the stuff we was telling you. So they got to him. It was like, bro, we losing money, homie, we can't. This guy has worked, this rufer, this foreman, I got he irreplaceable. You just sent that nigga to l Salvador. I need you to go get my foreman back. Trump was like, I hear from you saying that there's a lot of great many many great workers. Nigga, what the if you maga? You like, oh you checking out again? Huh? I mean thank you? But taco Trump always chickens out. Now the level of awesome that this goes up to we'll talk about next. All right, we're back. The best part about this Trump always chickens out is the fact that it's a taco. Because of this man's clear disdain for Latinos, It's like the Brits have handed us the greatest needle to poke at this, dude, right, one of my favorite independent reporters, independent news outlet out here. Journalism, that's the word I'm looking for. It's called La Taco fun enough, right, if you are into supporting independent journalism, this would be the spot to go to, especially about things happening in Los Angeles. So this is a big unprompted I do. I subscribe. I pay yearly to these people because I truly believe in all the stuff that they're doing. There's some like real on the ground stuff. They They're great. I do love them. They wrote a beautiful article as to like the phrase Trump always chickens out, how that lays on his seemingly unique disdain for Mexicans, and how it actually fits into our cultural meal you because again, how we pick nicknames usually comes from an embarrassing moment in your life. So this was perfect and they ain't even have to pick it. All right, So I'm gonna read a little bit from this article, Trump's Trump's Taco war on Mexicans. So here we go. That is the game. Say taco, and Trump's blood pressure rises, not because of the economic critique, but because it sounds too brown for his taste. This is an opinion piece. The alleged insult was not from a Latino, Chicano or immigrant activist. It was from a British financial analyst. But for anything that's Mexican adjacent is just unacceptable. His reaction fits a long American tradition, using a Latin America when it's convenient, then discarding it once the cameras are off. It does not matter if you're Cuban, Colombian, or Venezuelan. If you speak Spanish or an indigenous language, Trump hears Mexican, and in his political calculus that means useful until you're not. And as we've been seeing these ice rays, all these Latinos for Trump looking out here being like, this is not what I signed up for. Came for you too, came for you too, y'all who stood in line and did the right things. And now listen, Since I am not from an immigrant family, I say this very carefully. It is complicated when you're from an immigrant family, especially if you're from a family that did their best to I don't know, follow the rules. Now. When I say follow the rules, there's a few things that unless you know immigrants, you may not know is a part of the calculus. One is how much an immigration lawyer costs. Now, have you any of y'all got health care? Let's just say you have health care, even if it's Obamacare, whatever the case may be. Can you explain the PPO? You know, the COOPE is. I don't even understand what it open enrollment means. I do not understand that system. There are things I won't go get a check up. Why because I can't navigate the website. I don't understand insurance. I don't understand it. Do any of y'all understand health insurance? Don't? I like, it's cool that I think we have it. We have it because of my glorious wife refer to buy her prefix. But before that, when she was still in school, I was just paying insurance out of pocket. I don't know. I just clicked yes. I don't know where COPE was. I don't know the difference between a COPE and a premium. I don't know what any of this. I don't know how it works. Now imagine that, but in a language you don't speak, and if you don't get it right, you might die. And the waiting list ain't six months, it's six years. You ain't gonna get your appointment till six years from that, talking out I waited in line, you could wait in line for yours. Can you read English and Spanish? And even if they wrote it in your language, do you understand it? Do you think if you were trying to navigate a German law, even if they translated it to English, do you really think you would understand that paper? And let me tell you this, if you forget to attach form QA nine that you got to go to the back, I could align. Come on, fam, you how hard it is to navigate this system. It assumes a level of education and a level of financial security to be able, and an extended family member probably somebody here already that will help you navigate that system. Everybody ain't got that. So it's just not as simple as like, go to this website, feel out these things. It's not that simple. These are not excuses for anyone following or unfollowing the rules. I'm just saying it's indecipherable unless you got resources. So I understand that this conversation is something that's a little more complicated than me being like I've told Joe ass with this latinos for Trump we told Joe ass that he was gonna come for you. I understand your reasons for believing that immigration should be reformed, which was more than just do it right. We did it right has a lot to do with even doing it right doesn't even seem feasible sometimes. All that to say, what Trump has done is what I keep telling y'all about that's happening with the anti Semitic movement that I talked about Friday with Black Love and Brown pride. When people use your suffering, when people use your narrative while it's convenient for them, but really don't care about your struggle. Exhibit Q, y'all, that man just wanted you to vote for him. He ain't never, he ain't care about y'all, don't care about no immigration reform, don't care about that. He continues to love Latino elites, the little light skinned ones, so as long as they support his conservative policies. I get that because this stuff is transactional for this man. This man do not care about y'all. And I can hear you through the TV right now talking about who did you Biden care about me? Nigga? No, we're not even talking about Biden, right now and even if we was, you don't remember me saying this. That man don't care about me.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 1: You didn't eat that. That wasn't a bar fam I know. Come on, y'all now again, Reading on La Taco, it says what is tragic is how many of our own communities buy into it. This is him as speaking as a Latino person, not just the wealthy, but working class Latinos too, seduced by his talk of law and order, turned off by the broken democratic promises, and drawn to his macho made for TV bravado. But Trump is a political Ponzi scheme. He sells identity and loyalty and then crashes the system. Wants the checks clear. I don't think I could say that any better than this. And the best way to address this man, without trying to drop bars like that, is just be like, oh taco, Hey, what up? Y'all taco here? Stop calling me that? And you know the matter, you get, the funnier it is, you ain't never seen that. Y'all. Ain't got no young cousins, no little brothers, no little sisters. The matter, they get, the funnier it is, it just becomes funny and it's not just in the finance we're seeing that this would Trump do. He talked real big. Somebody who not scared of him claps back, He talks big again, and it still don't work. Where the tariffs at, where the troops at, where the eggs act? You a post the end of the Russian Ukraine War in a day? Remember, like what is you? Talkie talkie? Trump always tickets out, Hey Taco, call that man taco. But I think the greatest of this acronym, again quoting from this article, is the irony of the taco acronym is that it appears to have caught Trump and the MAGA supporters off guard like a magic trick. Presto, the tables have turned and now they're stuff. The mere idea of Trump being linked to a Mexican adjacent term is infuriating to them. But that's how magic works. Now you see me, Now you don't. Only this time this trick was turned on the magician himself. This was written by Gabrielle Buell Well. Na I can't believe. I can't say this man's name either way, bars Gabe, because that is the magic. The magic is finding a way to deal with a bully. That doesn't reduce you to becoming that bully. And I don't know how where else that applies in your life. Hopefully you got kids, you know what I'm saying. If you do have kids, you could teach them this is the way to handle a bully. Just kind of make fun of them under your breath. Just kidding. Don't tell your children that I'm just messing around. But who knew from Stormy Daniels to what was his old lawyer that snitched on him? To that dude, to Anthony Scaramucci to two impeachments to the Supreme Court shutting down some of his plans. Hey hey, taco, and we didn't even make it up the bridge did Welcome to the Revolution UK politics.
Speaker 2: Y'all?
Speaker 1: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recording in Eastlows, boil Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited, and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski Killing the Beat Softly. Check out his website Mattowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and stuff like that on there, so gonna check out The heat Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and nobly Mattowsowski still killing the beat Softly, So listen, don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics. These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.