Speaker 1: This is Frosted Tips with Lance Bass and iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, my little Peanuts, it's me your host, Lance Bass. This is Frosted Tips with me Lance Bass and my lovely co host Turkey Turchin. Hello there, Turkey. I like having new bands on.
Speaker 2: I know a new one today. I know we had.
Speaker 1: Minudo before, see to check in with the gen Z generation. Now we have no Lonely Hearts.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I like the name, yeah, which you know, we have a lot of connections with this group there from Orlando. Johnny Wright is behind them, and our friend Baba Schetty and Jim reyis and like a lot of the same team that helps start in sync and backs boys or back at it again. But yeah, no Lonelyheart's been kind of blown up. I've definitely heard these guys love their newest song too.
Speaker 2: This is great.
Speaker 1: I love having new were people on because I'm so out of touch with what these kids want these dates.
Speaker 2: What do they want?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want? Kids? So what do you want from me?
Speaker 1: So it'll be nice to have them on, get to know them? They seems very very sweet, but they're gonna be here any second now. Nice, but before the boys come on, we have to give a big shout out to the founding member of then sync an he guesses.
Speaker 2: The founding member.
Speaker 1: I just don't say, Luke Prowlin.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna oh, well, that was my guess.
Speaker 2: Chris kerk Patrick.
Speaker 1: It's Chris ker Patrick's birthday. Happy birthday, mister Kirkpatrick, get your ass kicked. Yeah. If it wasn't for Chris, we would not be here talking to you right now, change the course of my life. So hey and yeay Chris, yay chis So go give him a shout out and make sure you check out Chris's new podcast. It just started with Brian mcphaden's called name drop Roy mcphaden. For all of you that know Trril, he was one of the one of my favorite hosts. Yeah, back in the day, another Frosted Tips guy. Yeah he should be on. Duh.
Speaker 2: I know, why have we not?
Speaker 1: Hello, Okay, let's get Brian and Chris on together because we haven't had Chris on yet. Oh so yeah, so let's uh, I think we need we need a good one with both of those guys. Yeah, yeah, okay, we're working on that, working on that, guys, all right, all right Halloween, you're already on. I think costume number five with the kids.
Speaker 3: I know Panucci though Alex he doesn't like any. We all got these like costumes that are like big onesies that get zipped up in. I don't think he likes them. I think it's like scratchy on him and he doesn't like it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's no son of mine, is all I have to say.
Speaker 3: Before actual Halloween, we have to get them him, at least the costume he'll like.
Speaker 1: Well, I think we have. I have a few I think for actual Halloween that he's gonna find because I'm going between astronauts family, which is easy. You know, it is a onesie type thing. But I think he'll be fine because the one but we just tried on him that he just could it was teen Wolf, which I thought he would really love that, but maybe Yeah, the hair was a little scratchy, nothing to put on his head, will not put anything on his head. He is just not so here is okay? Astronauts love it or a league of their own. That's that's That's the only group costumes we have.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh my god, I mean I'm good with the astronauts.
Speaker 1: See I'm leaning towards the league of their own, their own. I think it would be so funny to see all of us in pink dress, the pink little dress out of it, Aaron a little baseball bats. Oh, like how fun would that be? And then Violet would be so happy, like, yeah, you have to, like you get to be like girly with me. I actually do love that. Yeah, that is very cute and I think it's a very comfy outfit. Hopefully it's going to be a little warmer we'll see, but yeah, but I am definitely kind of leaning towards the leader of their own. Uh, so's that gonna be?
Speaker 2: Uh, Alex's first drag drag adding.
Speaker 1: Drag outing for sure. We had definitely put him in dresses, yes, and we have yeah, because you know, I you know, as a gay man, you know, you always want to, you know, make sure that they always think that you support them, even at an early age, because at an early age, like you you remember this stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh you remember he wants to play with Violet's dress.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he wore too too. He loved it, you know, and but he rips it off very quickly. But yeah, I mean when they were like really really little I put him in one of Violet's outfits and I took a picture. I'm like, you know what, just in case, Just in case, I can always go back by. See see I had you in a dress already, so you know, no matter what exactly. All right, let's take a little break. When we come back, we're going to have the newest American sensation boy band, No Lonely Hearts. All right, let's meet the guys in just a second. Please, Welcome to the show. No Lonely Hearts. New group coming out of the boy band Capital of the World, Orlando, Florida. That's right. Range from eighteen to twenty two years old. Oliver, Bryan, Dylan, Aiden, and Alex have been busy in the studio with top producers and writers in anticipation of their twenty twenty three EP, and say their music has been inspired by Weird Al Yankovic. The group is currently on tour of ninet in Trees throughout the USA, performing of promoting their newest single, call Me Back, No Lonelyhearts. Welcome to the show. It was everything in that intro correct. Yeah, what is your fascination with Weird Al Yankovich. Guys, I'm so glad you're here. We obviously have many people in common. We got Jim Rayes here, Look at this, I haven't seen him in years. Bob Faschetti, who is having manage you guys, and mister Johnny Wright, who is the go to manager of all the pop bands, especially in the nineties. So let's go from the beginning. Oh and by the way, if you go to Instagram, check out the picture because these guys came to play with their frosted tips. I know I don't like to play favorites, but they might be my favorite guests already because Brian Austin Brand didn't do that shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's Brian? Also?
Speaker 1: Where where was the tips?
Speaker 2: Brian? See?
Speaker 1: J McLean? What's going on? All right, let's start from the beginning. How did you all get to Orlando, Florida? And uh and how did y'all meet each other?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we are from all over. Like you were saying, some of the same people involved wanted to, I guess put together another boy band. So we did not know each other about a year and a half two years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, so no one knew each other, so there's no relatives or anything.
Speaker 4: This okay, so yeah, we just moved into a house together. They moved us into a house together, and then we've just been recording and dancing and doing the thing.
Speaker 5: I guess kind of fun.
Speaker 1: And I think it is so important to be able to live in a house together, especially early on in your career, because that's what we did. And you immediately know if you can be a group or not, because you know, you find out the ones that you're like, Okay, we don't really relate so much, and uh, and the ones I mean, I can only imagine some groups out there that broke up very quickly if they would have lived together, they would have immediately been like I hate you. Oh yeah, like ultimate.
Speaker 2: Test if you work together.
Speaker 1: And you're like, oh no, no, no, this is we're going on vacation together, which is basically what we're going to be doing the rest of your lives is like touring the world vacationing together. But yeah, it's uh, it's very very important. What would you have done Turkey if you were in that group? Would you have would you have auditioned for a boy band?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: If I was like, yeah, if my confidence now back then, yeah sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, so you had more confidence back then.
Speaker 3: No, No, I've had my confidence now as a youngster. Yeah then sure, nice, Yeah I would have I would have killed.
Speaker 2: It, Lance, I would have killed it.
Speaker 1: Are we five part harmony? Do we have like certain like because we always you know, Chris was our high guy.
Speaker 2: I was the low guy.
Speaker 1: Do we have all that figured out with the group? Who's the bass?
Speaker 6: We have a little bit of a structure. We can't say we got a true bass like mister lancemself, but we got people who are close in it.
Speaker 2: We got you want to.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's where though with a lot of like groups have like a true bass.
Speaker 7: They don't.
Speaker 1: I mean it doesn't they don't. It doesn't of.
Speaker 2: Music, it's not really a basic well.
Speaker 1: Because you know, back in my day we were you know, we did acappella all the time because we couldn't afford music, so we were an a cappella group, so you needed all those harmonies. Uh. But then when you start getting music and producing, you know, the sound the bass is the first kind of get drowned out by by everything, the drums, the bass. So yeah, so I think it's just not Yeah, people aren't They don't care about the basis anymore. It's sad. Justice for bases, Justice for bases.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll start a new uh yeah.
Speaker 1: We were going to start an all base boy Oh god, imagine it just all Likerandy Travis. Yeah yeah, So before the group started, what was y'all's background. What did y'all think you were going to be doing?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 9: For me, I I didn't know much. Like I went to college. I wanted to do audio engineering for a very long time.
Speaker 1: I went to college.
Speaker 9: You look sixteen, Well I dropped out.
Speaker 2: Good good for you? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah. My mom said the same thing.
Speaker 1: We don't encourage people.
Speaker 9: But yeah, so I started interning at different studios just to get into it. And I also had a love for singing when I was younger. So yeah, I just I didn't think I would ever be here, but I am, and it's it's been a great experience. It's a wonderful opportunity. I love these guys.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go down the road and introduce yourselves to our listeners, because a lot of people listen right now. This is the first time they're even knowing who you are. So give us your name, where you're from. And I don't know, give a little shout out to your fans.
Speaker 5: I'm Dylan. I'm from Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Aiden. I'm from Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: I'm Brian. I'm from Port Lauderdale, Florida. My name is Alex and I'm from New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Chezy, it's good.
Speaker 8: I'm Oliver and I'm from Orlando, Florida.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have an og Orlando in the house. It's like Los Angeles. I don't know anyone from Los Angeles and it's weird to meet someone that's from Orlando to me because I feel like everyone e from the moves to Orlando. It moves to La but no one's born there. Yeah, it's we're in Orlando, Okay, Yeah, of course. We were doctor Phillips area and that's where it all started, our little house on sand Lake Road. Oh my gosh, Jim, you know it's yeah, well it was a dirt road. That's how long ago. This was the middle of like the woods. We had whale water as our water. So when you shower it smelled like eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh well water, Well, with those listening, you did not say whale water.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, oh I'm sorry my Southern accents.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I just pretty sure. Everyone listening was.
Speaker 1: Like, whale whale water.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of very specific, very specific water owning in Orlando.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's stunk. And I had to share a room with chris Ka Patrick because I was the last to join the group. So I got the futon in Chriska Patrick's room, but for some reason, his shower really smelled like eggs.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was so living situation right now, who gets the best.
Speaker 5: Room towards the middle, Alex.
Speaker 7: Behind it.
Speaker 1: I didn't just claim, well, tell me, tell me the story was. It always interests me because we love housewives. I don't know if you all watch Bravo, but like we love housewives, and our favorite thing about all when they go on girls trips is to see them fighting over the rooms. So like, so, how did you get the big one?
Speaker 6: I actually had the smallest one at the time, and he wasn't in the band yet. His cousin was so the ex member had left and then he we end up switching the.
Speaker 7: Cousin for Dylain.
Speaker 9: And the funniest thing is I actually wanted his room first, and then when he said he claimed it I got there, I was like, yeah, I don't want this room.
Speaker 1: And he left.
Speaker 6: As soon as he left, I ran in there started cleaning the whole room.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm taking it.
Speaker 7: Let's make the game room.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, I love that. So your cousin was in the group first, how did that all work out well?
Speaker 9: So he told me about how he auditioned and he he was like, we're still looking for members, so if you want audition, So I had the online audition. They and then some people did like the cattle call where they did it in front of them, So I did it online. And then once they once I had my audition, they flew out so I could meet the guys and just see if we could vibe and see if we would connect well.
Speaker 5: And now I'm here, And then.
Speaker 1: Was there a moment because I'll never forget when we went to that sand Lake roadhouse on that dirt road. I arrive, I meet the guys and within thirty minutes, I'm learning an a cappella. We did oh yeah the national anthem.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm in there kind of learning my part. And then the guys come into this room where my futon was Chris's bedroom, and we sang that song and it was just there was just something about it. It was magic and I just knew because I went into it thinking like, there's no way I'm going to join this band. I'm a junior in high school. I mean, like, there's no way this is going to happen. But it was in that moment of singing that song that I knew, Holy crap, something's about to happen. Was there a moment for y'all when you'll first sang together? And what was that first song y'all sang together?
Speaker 4: Well, the first song we sang together, which you know a little bit something about it was shy if I ever fall in love.
Speaker 1: Of course say that many many many times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but for us, I think I don't know for all of us, but I feel like it took a little bit of time, But it was in like the little moments, like our first performance for me felt like one of the first times it was like, oh we could like we could do this thing, like this could be a thing. And just sticking with it after that has been has been really cool.
Speaker 1: Who had the most nerves forst show? Because ours was Chris. I was Chris Kpatrick's coming up a lot on the show, but I just going memory he was we had a we had to show at Pleasure Island and it was our very first you know, we put a video together to show the record labels, which get nowhere. But he was so nervous that he was throwing up outside on the fire escape. Like it was just I mean, it was so intense.
Speaker 2: That would have been me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have definitely been yeah, oh yeah, it was on the fire escape, like, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was bad.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know if we've had like a story like that, but I mean the first time that we ever performed together as US five because I was the last one to join the group, and so.
Speaker 2: I was just like, oh, let's hope I don't miss a.
Speaker 8: Step and like make eye contact, don't forget to keep your head up and don't look down and all these other nos. I was just trying to give myself and just I could feel my heart beating through my chest.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, are they putting you through any kind of Like the boy band boot camp is pretty serious where you're having to train in one hundred and ten degree heat, especially in Orlando, Florida, running on treadmill rules. Yeah, I think lots of chain since we had to go through crazy boot camp. Uh, so are they making you do all any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: We've heard so many stories of you guys and Backstreet and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like idiots, Ye do any of that?
Speaker 6: It was just we just hear like a lot of stories of how intensive training was. Mark Golf is always telling the stars.
Speaker 1: Golf still around Huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's amazing, He's great. But we kind of do this stuff like ourselves. Like we wake each other up at like eight eight thirty, were like, let's go, we got a stretch, let's go run and sing. We're kind of at a point where we feel like if we don't do it, no one else is gonna, you know, God is there do it. So we try to just motivate each other and push ourselves.
Speaker 1: Going yeah, yeah, who who's all support system? Like what's the family dynamic? Like are they all very supportive of this group?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think definitely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I can only imagine it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oliver's dad does like so much for us. He's he's been the one driving us around all over California ever doing the sound. But I think for the most part, all of our parents are really supportive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's so important I see a lot of artists out there that did not have a good family unit, and it just really affects them. But we were so lucky with our group. All our families were just super supportive and uh and it helped a lot. I mean, the very first couple of years when we lived in Germany, my mom and Justin's mom were basically our management and they would, you know, they'd wash our clothes every night, they would, they tour manage us the whole time. We didn't really have anyone on the road with us. Was so important to have that.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't know what was the auditions were, I.
Speaker 1: Gonna ask, Yeah, so okay, so how did you hear about the audition and what was that process?
Speaker 4: Like, I think we all definitely heard about it through different ways. For me, one of my old vocal coaches that I used to work with.
Speaker 2: Let me know.
Speaker 4: I was like, Hey, there's an audition in Orlando. You might want to come out just see see what it is. And I went and then there was a couple other people there and we sang. They had us do a little two steps see if we can move, and then I kind of just went back home for a couple a couple of weeks and then waited to hear anything.
Speaker 5: Your story is kind of funny.
Speaker 7: My mom saw the ad on Facebook and signed me up.
Speaker 1: Cool. Thanks mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was going to college trying to be an accountant and I signed you up for this audition.
Speaker 7: Cool. And I was going in it with like no expectations. I don't I didn't really see music as a reality to be a career. Yeah, and then I did it and they're like, oh, yeah, you're gonna do it. Oh cool. I've been changing my whole life, changing everything.
Speaker 1: I will no longer be an accountant, but I have to say, if you can still try to become accountant, because I wish one of us were during our days.
Speaker 3: Well true, it's good to know, but I still wouldn't advice becoming an accountant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of pop stars sounds so much fun.
Speaker 1: Why can't you do both? You can go online and do these classes now?
Speaker 2: Oh god?
Speaker 1: All right, So you're now based in Orlando, Florida. For the ones that have not lived in Orlando, how how do you like Orlando? Because I kind of had a love hate relationship with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm from a city, so I'm just accustomed to kind of like La. La is really nice. It has like all these high skyscrapers, city life, young people, just not mos stuff.
Speaker 2: Orlando sleepy. I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 1: It's definitely more my speed these days. But when I was, you know, a teenager there in my twenties, like I was like, get me out of here. I don't. I mean, Disney's great. Love going to Disney, going to Universal fun, but true.
Speaker 2: There's only so much that you do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's funny you bring it up because we went to Vegas and then we came to La and then we went back and all of us were like, why is it so muddy and swampy here?
Speaker 5: It's just like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Where are we? I know?
Speaker 1: Orlando if you walk out and you sweat.
Speaker 2: Orlando in the summer is brutal, No.
Speaker 5: Just moist. It feels like you're cutting through water.
Speaker 1: When sure it's great for the.
Speaker 2: Skin, though I don't always don't even know if it is.
Speaker 3: It's no, everyone looks young because everyone's eyes are just dowey.
Speaker 2: You can't see properly.
Speaker 5: Do I look young because their kids are going for Disney?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly.
Speaker 1: Besides singing together. What do y'all do that? Bonge want you guys, y'all play golf basketball? Because my guys, all they want to do is play basketball or hockey, which was the two least favorite sports of mine that I could not play at all. So I felt it gave me anxiety, like that was not the way that I could bond with the guys. It just gave me so much anxiety.
Speaker 3: So get Lance walks by a basketball court and people are just playing basketball, which is what you're doing a basketball court, he's anxiety.
Speaker 1: I get PTSD because it brings me back to that.
Speaker 2: Moment, be like, why are they even doing that?
Speaker 3: The stupidest sport every They don't even they don't even like it.
Speaker 1: I like watching basketball, like it's great to watch it, but I'm like, who wants to play pickup game?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What in an hundred degree so much? No, No, there's nothing fun about it. There's nothing fun about it forever, And it definitely gives me PTSD because again, I'm suck. I was five to five forever and so I was not playing basketball at all, so I never got the skills I could have been. That could have been spud web maybe who knows.
Speaker 2: And you've all you've all heard this verse lancestobia.
Speaker 1: All right, So what do you like to do outside of the music, just to kind of relax and bond A.
Speaker 4: Bunch of different things.
Speaker 5: I definitely like we do a lot.
Speaker 4: We're very like home based home bodies, so a lot of just hanging out with each other and just talking a lot. Uh, these guys play some video games a lot.
Speaker 9: I don't know what do you mean, Like we we all have like different things that some us share, Like I don't like video games that much, but they're definitely getting me back into video games. And we also like to like to go work out together or just like dance together. But I think the coolest thing is we always get together at night outside in our backyard and we just we just talked. We talk about life, We talk about things that happen that day. We just joke around and that's the best thing. We just like to laugh together and that's the coolest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We like having little meetings as to check in on each other. I feel like this is a very open boy band, Like we like talk about.
Speaker 1: It because communication is so key. We did not communicate, Uh, you know, we kept everything and never really brought up any problems. But it's so key to just talk to each other, like communicate. It really just solves a lot. I don't know if you know this, but Spice girls back in the day when they came out, they weren't ginger Spice, baby Spice, Like that was not their doing. It was the media that did that to them. So in the media they just started calling them scary Spice and baby Spice and just kind of stuck. And then because of that, I feel like then we had things thrown us. I was the shy one, you know, Justin was the you know, the heart throb, and Chris was the crazy one. Yeah, so like, go down the line and tell me what would they categorize you as in the media already?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess the real one.
Speaker 2: Mine was the name so they can hear yea, my.
Speaker 6: Name is Alex and I'm supposed to be the philosopher that was.
Speaker 1: Like j Yeah, that was JC.
Speaker 8: That was j C.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was mine? I have no idea?
Speaker 5: Oh, intellect.
Speaker 4: This is like when we first got together, there was some I don't know if it's a press kit. They were like, this is what we're going with, and it was like the shy one, the intellect, the philosopher.
Speaker 5: We're like, what is this? But to give like real what do you think?
Speaker 9: Like I'd probably just say I'm goofy. I'm just you know, inside and out comedian. Yeah that was what they labeled me. But yeah, I am just goofy.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 7: I'll take the shy one.
Speaker 5: What am I?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Angel A.
Speaker 5: Alex, he's the bad boy.
Speaker 1: It's the bad boy, bad philosophy, bad boy.
Speaker 8: And then I don't know the kid, the kid child.
Speaker 1: The Joe Mack, the jt Uh, the Michael Jackson, the Nick Carter and every band has to have it. I remember when we you know started and uh yeah, they started putting labels on us, and again they put me as the shy one. You started kind of acting that way. It's like, well, this is what they want. So we kind of really fit into these categories and that weren't really us, but we just kind of had to go with it. I don't know, it's really weird. But then I also didn't want to talk because I didn't want people to know that I was gay. So like I was like like I did not want to speak at all in interviews. No one's going to figure this out. Nah, all right, Why I haven't out asked this yet? The name is so important. How did the name come about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it was given to us when we auditioned, but it's definitely come to mean something all of us.
Speaker 2: Hearts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, only hearts. I think we just when we're writing music, we just want to connect with whoever's listening, whether it's you know, like an energetic fun song or if it's a ballad, a heartbreak song. We just want people to know that that we're with them and they're not alone.
Speaker 6: And I think we all agree as well, especially now, emotions and feelings and mental health at least to us, is like such a big deal. So we want to connect to our fans and just be there, you know, even if you relate to our music a little bit, or we make you feel something, that's all for us and.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: Awareness is so great because you know, bands back in our day that wasn't even on our mind at all, you know, mental health anything, you know, just issues of the day. We were just you know, you're supposed to be, you know, just singing dance. We don't want to talk about anything important. Or like politics or anything behind that. Just be very neutral about everything. But I'm so glad that now guys like yourself are really going forward with messaging like that because the fans they need it, they really do. Yeah. So what's been your favorite thing about being a group so far? Do you like the traveling? Do you like living in the house together?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Do y'all write together too? Are you all writing? Okay, that's that's important too. Just always bond by writing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's going to be the same, but for me, it's these guys right here. I mean, it's just truly like a brotherhood and these guys are amazing a second family. And just to have that, even when you might be having a bad day, to have four other guys to lean on and have the same experiences that you're sharing, that's one of my favorite things.
Speaker 6: Is anyone else I would.
Speaker 9: Say the same thing. I'm pretty sure you can relate to that too. But having people that know exactly what you're going through and we can just talk it out and understand each other, that's the great thing.
Speaker 1: It's so great. And you know, in your formative years, you know you're gonna look back on this twenty years from now, and you're still going to be a family even if y ain't talked in twenty years. You know, it's like you're always gonna have each other because of what y'all have going through right now. And I see that with my high school friends. I see that within Sync boys. It doesn't matter how long it's been. I know I can always go back to them and just pick up where we left off. Those relationships never die, like it's great, So enjoy that for sure, because this is gonna be your family for the rest of your life. Yeah, all right, let's talk about calling me back. The new single, all right, tell us about it. Did y'all get to write this one?
Speaker 6: Well, it was pitched to us by an amazing producer. His name was Aaron Assetta. He wrote Best in My Life, and we liked it. It just kind of reminded us of like back then pop, very mainstream, and it's super relatable of like heartbreaks, trying to get that one person to come talk to you again and all stuff. So once it was pitched to us, I think we all really clicked with it and we were like, we should do this one for the next one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice is it easy to pick the songs or do all mainly agree on the things that you want to record?
Speaker 9: Of course, well, I know a lot of time, well he was we talked about it is early. Actually, like every time we listen to a song, we'll think about, like, Okay, how we're gonna perform it? Does this go well with a possible album we're going to do in the future, does this correlate to what we want? And we literally overthink so much. Then we're like, should we put our focus here on another single?
Speaker 4: And then it just we go, we go, this is the album for sure, and then like a week later I'll to be like, wait, hold on, I just listened to this song real quick, hear me out.
Speaker 9: We have three albums planned and we don't know what order we want it.
Speaker 5: We'll come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's picking the songs is funny because you will there'll be songs that you pass on that will become a hit and you're gonna be kicking yourself. But it happens to every single person. I mean, some songs we passed are like, oh that was nice. But if we didn't pass, like I remember it was five, that group five they did uh baby when the lights right, I think that was the one. I think that was the song that we passed on, Baby when the Lights go out. Yeah, it was a huge song for them. Or no, slam Dunk the Funk giving it up, that's the song we passed up on. Slam Dunk the Funk good. So we're like, no, there's a little cheese, you know. We were trying to get out of the cheesiness of us and so we passed on now and we're like, yeah, it's just not really us went to them, huge hit. But because we passed on that, we got bye Bye Bye.
Speaker 3: And there's so many stories like my Baby one time TLC passed on yeah, and then Britney Spears got it.
Speaker 2: There's so many that was like all the time.
Speaker 1: So you know, fate happens, you know, so don't don't try to second gut yourself. Just just go with your gut for sure. So you're working on the EP, so can you give us some teases from the EP? What's it gonna be like? And can I hear y'all sing? It's so fun. I finally get musicians in here that can you know, that can perform. They have they have the whole band here I always have just one boy band member every time, and I don't get the harmonies. But now I've taken advantage of five part harmony.
Speaker 4: But as far as the EP, we're definitely still working on it. We're gonna push a couple of singles that we're gonna release more regularly, but definitely we have I think more of a throwback kind of sound, so you might hear a little bit of that some of the nineties energy, you know, just a little bit. I don't know, it'll be fun, but you guys want to say, yeah, we have a little reference to one of your songs.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, se if you want to join it, okay, six part harmonies. Get out who that dude?
Speaker 2: Dudude? Who God? Adam doo doo doo. The very first time that I saw your drown, your.
Speaker 7: Lip said hello, and I said, I'm not having you.
Speaker 9: That Adam, But I was caught up.
Speaker 7: In physical conjunction.
Speaker 2: To my satisfaction, Baby, you are more than just a.
Speaker 10: Friend and all fightver fucking loveble again, how will be shut that the lady is a friend man all fight.
Speaker 2: For in love so true?
Speaker 11: How will you be sure that is just like you?
Speaker 1: Alrighty just brings me back. I'm not saying that one in twenty.
Speaker 2: Years that was awesome.
Speaker 5: That was like, oh my god, that was so cool.
Speaker 1: Look, when there's acapella.
Speaker 5: Going, I can't. We'll take a six member if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure your young fans are gonna really want this old guy performing you. That's gorgeous. Did you all know that you wanted to be a singer at an early age or was this something you kind of fell into.
Speaker 8: I mean I've always like from a little kid, my dad's worked with other boy bands, not like pop boy bands, but like rock boy bands and all that, and so from a young age, I've been around music, and so I've always been like, dang, to be up there one day would probably be like a dream. But like I never really saw it as like an opportunity for me to actually be in a boy band or something. And so when the opportunity was pretended, I was like, Oh, this can really happen. So I auditioned, and here I am today, and we need.
Speaker 1: Look, let's just call a spade a spad. K pop is kicking our butts here in the States, and we need a good American boy band out there to give them some competition, because it's always it was always England and America, you know, giving the crown back and forth, you know, take that Backstreet and sing Westlife. But now Korea has come in and I kicked all of our butts. So I'm excited that we finally have a good American boy band to support. And yeah, do y'all, I mean, do y'all embrace the boy band theme because back in my day it was almost an insult, you know, because you know, when to call us a boy band, back in the day, it was to kind of poke fun at us, you know, the media, everyone like, no one ever took us seriously because all it is a boy band that you know, you lip sync, you know you were you know, it's a contrived thing. Uh just everything opposite of what we thought we were were was kind of put on us with that label. So do y'all embrace this term?
Speaker 6: I personally, I like to embrace it because I started singing because of BTS. I probably wouldn't have even looked this direction if I didn't even like encounter them. So I'm not afraid it, you know, embrace it. That's who we are and being inn a boyman is amazing too, because you're putting on a full show. I feel like you're dancing, you're singing, and entertain the crowd. So I'm not, at least me personally, I'm not really a fan of just like walking around singing. I'd rather see like a whole performance in the show.
Speaker 1: I entertain me exactly. I grew up on Madonna, Michael Jackson, Janet, you know big shows like That's, That's, you know, Garth Brooks. You go to those shows. Even read my back and tire, You're gonna be entertained. And that is one of the reasons I wanted to join and Sink is because I just wanted to have fun on stage. Yeah yeah, yeah, all right, So you were just on tour with ninety eight Degrees, My boys of ninety eight Degrees. I love those guys so much. I remember when we first started over in Germany were they were the band that we got to know well because we were just the only Americans over there.
Speaker 2: Lovely Love.
Speaker 1: Speaking of five, remember one night they almost got a fight with them. Yeah yeah, yeah, these big old football players are trying to kick fives. But I forget what they did, but they probably deserved it. So what what was it like meeting those guys and being on tour with them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're still going. We have one more week left, so we've been having an absolute blast with that. I don't think we've had a full like an opportunity to fully meet them yet, but it's just been really cool.
Speaker 5: We met all for one as well.
Speaker 4: Just being on the same stage as literal legends in the music industry has been so much fun, and I think we've all been learning as well from that. Like watching their soundcheck, we're like, yeah, this is so cool.
Speaker 5: They're having so much fun.
Speaker 2: They're big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and their harmonies are incredible too. I mean they're there's some football players they are there. Yeah, they were. I mean it was intimidating the first time we met them, Like, oh, okay, we gotta be nice to these guys, like we were little that big.
Speaker 5: So Jeff I was like, I'm gonna arm wrestle you before the end of this.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do a boy band quiz. Let's let's test your knowledge on the boy band genre rock. All right, So Joey McIntyre is a member of which boy band?
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, joe you're the oldest.
Speaker 5: I know this one.
Speaker 2: Get it. I'll give you.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 2: It's a long name.
Speaker 1: Please don't go girl, but imagine that really high.
Speaker 2: There's five words.
Speaker 7: I think we don't know.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Frankie, Frankie Valley.
Speaker 2: I don't think we got this.
Speaker 1: I'll say Jordan Knight. Donnie Wahlberg, Yes, because I know, Donnie.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry, so sorry.
Speaker 1: It's like the Blue Bloods Doctor. Yeah, uh, okay, with all swear. Let's see if you can do better with the Backstory Boys. Name all the members of the Backstory Boys A J.
Speaker 6: Howie, Howie, Nick, Brian and Kevin.
Speaker 7: Yes, very good.
Speaker 1: It's a their Orlando connection. Liquid Dreams, which is one of the first uh songs about online sex or no, it's not online sex, wet dreams obviously because liquid dreams. Yeah, nocturnal nocturnal, nocturnal admitsion. Liquid Dreams was the debut single from which US boy.
Speaker 6: Band I have an awful memory.
Speaker 2: By the way, how's it go? I don't remember. They're very much started.
Speaker 1: Were you guys in your hometown?
Speaker 2: Oh town? Yes, oh town? It is all right.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the TV show where one direction got their start expector, Yes, ex factor U k okay, yeah, yeah, all right, name three and sing songs.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be me, It's gonna be me.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well that was quick.
Speaker 7: I like that, huge huge fans, huge fan.
Speaker 5: I thought she knew.
Speaker 1: Okay, they got more nice Okay, y'all just went up another not for me, pope?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Where is five Sauce originally from five Seconds UK?
Speaker 2: No, I feel like that.
Speaker 6: I feel like that's where they would be.
Speaker 1: It's a good guess for sure.
Speaker 2: Are they from Canada? No?
Speaker 7: I think that was sorry.
Speaker 5: Australia.
Speaker 1: Yes, there from Sydney, Australia. Five Sauce, who also says they're not a boy band, but they're totally Oh. Now, this one's hard because I probably wouldn't remember this. What are the names of the Hanson brothers? I would have?
Speaker 5: I would Hanson.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he has a brother wrong.
Speaker 1: This, Yeah, I would have. I mean looking at him like, yeah, Taylor, Zach and Isaac. If you were, you know, a teenager in the mid nineties, you definitely knew those names because they kind of started at all for this the boy band crazy. I mean, they were the first ones out right. I mean after new kids who kind of established the area. It was Hanson and ninety eight degrees. They were the ones who kind of first started. Yeah, they I mean they released songs before us, So yeah, they were first. They were first. A lot of people don't realize that I still pushed.
Speaker 2: I still put Hanson different than again, thinking back, not a boy band. They were more like jas.
Speaker 3: There were like more Jonas brothers, which is like a boy but there were more of just like I looked at them more.
Speaker 2: It's just like a a brother band, like a boy that were in like a band. It's a boy band, no, but like they never they never danced, They had no choreography. They just played an instrument. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like so it's like it's a variation of the boy one direction didn't really dance either.
Speaker 2: I know, but they didn't play instruments, so they just bobbled on the stage.
Speaker 5: Varieties of boy band.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the term boy band it covers a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Now, band is like four or five members who sing and dance.
Speaker 1: I mean I would say, like look, Fallout boy could really be under the cat, but there were more of a rock a rock boy band, there's different categories, different all right, what does BTS stand for? I know, Alex, I know that, you know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've never never knew that.
Speaker 1: I literally thought it was behind the scenes this whole time.
Speaker 5: He was just trivia. He's just asking the question.
Speaker 2: Really, I thought it was behind this.
Speaker 1: I was like, I assume, just just which I thought was a great name, Like, yeah, scenes, that's fun, BTS, bulletproof boy scouts, Where does that come from?
Speaker 2: It does? So it makes it all right?
Speaker 1: Since this is for us to tips, we need some tips from you guys. What's a tip you have for someone trying to make it in the music industry right now? And this is this is really intriguing to me because the music industry today is completely different from twenty years ago. It's all about online and streaming and getting to that fan immediately on social media. We didn't have that. So, yeah, like, what are your tips on breaking into this industry at this age?
Speaker 4: Definitely one thing would just be just start follow your dreams and don't give up. I mean, there's not always going to be someone there too to tell you that, and you're gonna get a lot of nose and you just have to keep going. Yeah, exactly, and it gets discouraging, but you just have to keep going because there is a lot at the end of the tunnel and you can do it and people people need to hear what you.
Speaker 2: Have to have to share.
Speaker 1: What would you tell someone that say they got an opportunity, you know, to join a group and they're still in school. Would you encourage them to stick at it, or like, just go for your dreams.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, stick with it, don't don't give up. I I joined when I was in my senior year of high school, and I mean, I don't think I made the wrong decision.
Speaker 2: So I would.
Speaker 8: Absolutely encourage anybody who's joining either a blugin or going into the music industry while you're in school, I say, go full speed ahead. I know so many people that are my good friends that are still in school that are trying to pursue their own music career and they just love it.
Speaker 5: No, but that does not mean drop out of school. I mean, you have to your homework.
Speaker 3: But if you're giving the opportunity to pursue like what you really want to do, like, of course, like do it because they could be.
Speaker 2: Your only opportunit you get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it is nice to have, you know, something to fall back on in case it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Work, but especially when you start out and you're so young, but you can always, you know, pivot back.
Speaker 2: If you need.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm super glad I did finish high school. I mean it was it sucked having to do school at the house and when everyone else is like playing basketball, which was.
Speaker 2: A good thing.
Speaker 1: I but you know, justin now, just being there looking out the window, like I wish we could go outside and have fun. We're in school writing term paper after term paper, like, oh god, and then he had another two years after me. It was not fun. But yeah, stay in school kids, all right, this or that frosted tips or.
Speaker 2: The Rachel frosted tips. Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Uh this is all nineties stuff, by the way, which is now huge for your generation. Butterfly clips or choker necklace, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The flip phone a BlackBerry or a Sidekickberry.
Speaker 2: Was hard, like.
Speaker 5: No, no, you hang up, you can hang up, yeah, when you hang up on something. The flip phone is crazy. All BlackBerry had was that one game. Yeah, that's all it had.
Speaker 7: Flip Flip Flip Flow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in which now of all those three flip flows flip flown. I can't say phone is the only one that's made a comeback, like people wanting to go back to that. I do miss my BlackBerry because as I'm driving, which kids don't text and drive, I could without looking away from the road. I could just use one hand and know I was exactly like I didn't even have to look at it. Yeah it was great, Yeah, but I did. There was this thing called a Skytael two way pager back in the day, and it was one of the first I mean it was a pager, but you weren't like a drug dealer, but it's it was like a little mini computer and it was the first way you could text people for the first time. And it also had little games on it like Snake and Battleship and all that, but I that was my favorite. And then it had a little zap button, so if you were you're at a bar or something and you saw someone you liked and you wanted to give them their number, you just go behind them and go zip, and then they would come up on their phone like wait, what is this. It was a good way of it was a good way of meeting people. Yeah, they need to do that on our phones now, I mean it is kind of stalking. I guess, well, you're giving someone else, yeah, I mean how could you be offended by, Oh, someone wants to you can still push, don't accept.
Speaker 5: I would like if there was an except button.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that was always fun, all right. Denim on denim or the multiple layered shirt. Okay, so remember back in the day they would wear like long sleeved t shirts with like a shirt over that, and then.
Speaker 2: They were like polos. It's a double pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah color, yeah, double colored polo shirts. Yeah. I feel like, yeah, we didn't get into that.
Speaker 7: I like both, but I think the layer one is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's classic, classic, classic for sure. But they're both coming back, which is weird.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: Inflatable furniture or retro transparent phones. I think I had that transparent.
Speaker 2: I had both.
Speaker 1: It was like the house phone that was cold, it was clear, it was clear, and you can see the inner workings and it lit up.
Speaker 2: It was huge in the nineties. That just sounds cool.
Speaker 1: Did y'all ever have a house phone? Okay, okay, just cute. They're not that young, Okay, good to know. Full house or Boy Meets.
Speaker 5: World I'm a full house house full I was full World. Okay, I do like Boy Meets World, but I'm a full house.
Speaker 1: To pang your foot. I liked them all. I watched Full House a lot more than because Full House came before, like way before, so I was still well, I was still in junior high high school when that's that was originally going. Yeah, and then Boy's World kind of started right when I started within it sing, so I didn't really get to see much of that. Yeah, but both great shows. All right, here's some rapid fire. If you could only listen to one song on loop forever, what would it be? God tear your hair out? Oh yeah, a shout out to better place? Favorite TV show theme song. Yeah, that's what everyone said.
Speaker 2: Everyone says.
Speaker 1: One, and it was, I mean and when it came out, and I think this is what really helped Friends become huge juggernaut. The song was just as big as the show. It huge number one song for months. It was kind of like Titanic and My Heart Will Go On.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like that movie.
Speaker 1: That movie would not have been as big without the song. The song wouldn't have been as big without the movie. Same thing with Friends and that that thing time. Yeah. Uh, if you could make your own boy band, who would you recruit of all the celebrities out there? Who who deserves to be in a boy band?
Speaker 5: You mean, like from past boy bands or just anything.
Speaker 1: Right, Like if you were to put one together right now?
Speaker 2: Who? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who in the entertainment industry? Like, oh, yeah, he'd be great, Like Tom Holland.
Speaker 2: I want John Loki.
Speaker 1: Cool, he's a singer. Yeah, he's a band Hugh Jackman, Now you would have loved to have been in a boy band, guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need.
Speaker 7: This is a good Brian McKnight, You know Brian Knight.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, mister riff himself.
Speaker 7: You need like a crazy one.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta put the crazy one.
Speaker 5: I want someone out of pocket just completely.
Speaker 1: That's actually a perfect band. That's a perfect band, all right. Do you believe in ghosts?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do we have any ghost experiences?
Speaker 5: I mean there's one haunt in our house for sure, there's one in a CNBU.
Speaker 4: We stayed that that was kind of questionable, But you didn't hear that from me, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Some some stuff moved around.
Speaker 5: It might have been a prank, but.
Speaker 2: Could have been haunted. It was definitely me.
Speaker 7: I have like a weird.
Speaker 6: Childhood story, but it's not very entertaining. I mean I kind of just woke got in the middle of the night and I was like, I swear I saw this guy. I'm not sure if and it sounds weird, but he was like headless and I was like a guy in like a tuck trying to walk or.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 1: I love ghost stories.
Speaker 7: I was like, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I mean I have a few ghost stories. I'm like, okay, aliens because I mean the big news in the last year has been there is confirmation that there are aliens, but yet there aren't. I don't know, like, how does the government have press conferences and tell us there's aliens and no one even talks about it. I'm like, what, yeah, we're going to talk about this? Yeah, was like right now? Yeah, so yeah, So what do you think about the aliens? Do they exist?
Speaker 5: I mean, we've been in New York and l A. I'm pretty sure we've been looking up since we got here.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the first uh, what's the first concert you've been to?
Speaker 7: BTS was mine?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Mine?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 8: I think mine was either an n F concert or something like that.
Speaker 9: Mine was actually a Katy Perry concert for a friend's birthday. I was like, I was like eleven, but I was up there like, yes, I love this song.
Speaker 2: Mine.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell because it might have been the Beach Boys because I think we were at some kind of little festival and they were playing.
Speaker 2: It was like your first like real concert you went to.
Speaker 1: I think it was Tammy Wynette and Tanya Tucker in Branson, Missouri, because I was, you know, on a family trip with my parents and uh yeah, we and Branson is you know, it's all about this country music mecca. So all the big stars went there and it was Timmy Want and Tana Tucker together performing. Yeah, so I think that was it.
Speaker 2: Mine was Spice Girls.
Speaker 1: So that's a good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good ten years old. Remember it like.
Speaker 1: Yesterday and then you were going to go back, but then they broke up.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I saw when they got back together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this was after they broke up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know the first concert I went to I was ten. They actually Ginger Spice. It was a very troubling time for me. She left the group, so she wasn't there she left then the middle.
Speaker 1: Never seen the Spice Girls, Yeah, well yeah I have not with all five.
Speaker 2: Well they did the reunion concert and you saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I'm just trying to get the straight out. I'm just trying to get the facts straight here. We are a truthful show, and I don't want to come out.
Speaker 2: Wow. No fake news here, no fake news.
Speaker 1: How would you rate your karaoke skills? From one tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Carrey?
Speaker 6: Right here in the middle, he's really good.
Speaker 1: All right, But what's your go to song?
Speaker 5: I go to song Tennessee Whiskey by Kristin right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he minds his friends in little places Garthroak. So it's very Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 4: I I two different vibes either like uptown funk or creep. Very different vibes, very different.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard this version of Creep, What's your Name? From American idol.
Speaker 2: Hailey Ryan Haart?
Speaker 1: Check out her creep Holy crap.
Speaker 2: It is like with post modern post modern.
Speaker 5: Like hers and Casey Abrams.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 5: He did that song. He did the piano for it. Can't help falling in love with her.
Speaker 2: I think there's one that's trending now.
Speaker 6: Some guy just saying creep like amazingly, there's so many versions. When we pressed the button you turn around, which was that one?
Speaker 5: The voice he was perfone.
Speaker 6: The whole concert was really good.
Speaker 1: It's an epics like that song. If you want to hear someone's vocal talent, that's why everyone covers that song. It goes there, all right, Well, I kind of want y'all. Can y'all sing one more little thing as we leave? Is there anything else we can maybe something from your Maybe you can sing a little bit of the single?
Speaker 2: Can y'all do that already?
Speaker 11: If you don't call me back up, we'll understand, but call me back if you can.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you that I'm sorry.
Speaker 11: Let you know you're perfect, tell you that you're still my better half.
Speaker 5: I can't tell you you're amazing.
Speaker 11: Let you know your worthy, tell you you're the best I ever had.
Speaker 7: Until you call me back. Oh call me back?
Speaker 2: Maybe call me back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, lonely hearts. Oh my gosh, guys, thank you so much for coming to Frosted Tips. I am excited to see where y'all go from here.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What would you like to tell your friends out there?
Speaker 5: Just thank you again?
Speaker 4: For having us, but thank you so much for supporting us, Thank you for listening. We're so excited for all of what's in store, new music, more performances, and just we love you guys so much and we're so thankful for you, and.
Speaker 5: You're not alone and we're with you.
Speaker 1: I love that. How can everyone stay in touch with you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 4: What your socials all social and streaming platforms at No Lonely Hearts.
Speaker 1: Well, that's easy enough. I love that the official No Lonely Hearts Yeah, one two three two three, Yeah, it's like everything's taken under all right, guys, thank you so much for being here, and guys, that is all the show we have for you today. Thank you so much for listening. Turkey, as always, it's a pleasure.
Speaker 2: A pleasure is always all right, We'll.
Speaker 1: Be good to each other. Don't drink and drive out there, take care of those animals, and until next time, stay frosted. Hey, thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at Frosted Tips with Lance and Michael Terzenard and at Lance Bass for all your pop culture needs
Speaker 3: And make sure to write a review and leave us five stars six If you can see you next time,