Speaker 1: Are you rolling, my friend? Are you rolling?
Speaker 2: Ready to rumble?
Speaker 1: Maybe I say that I think you're get in trouble for that. Hello Andrew, Hi Scott. Welcome to another exciting edition of bull Chat. Yeah, it's the sister podcast is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we do it almost pretty much close to live these days, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, because we recorded this yesterday. Yeah, which is today? Yeah, I'm confused. It's exciting and fun, but it's Wednesday, August eleventh. Yeah, and uh, here we are. How's it going?
Speaker 2: Wonderful?
Speaker 1: How are you good? I mean, did you get a list of topics from the listeners or no?
Speaker 2: Amy was supposed to give me a list of topics.
Speaker 1: Amy loves this show.
Speaker 2: She does she loves bull Chat.
Speaker 1: She wants to be on it. Yeah, so we'll have to accommodate her at some point.
Speaker 2: We will definitely be able to accommodate people. In the future. Things are coming back Zoom's work and again people can come in. We're going to make this all work. I just know it. Okay, what was the thing I was going to say? Oh, last week's episode where I edited things out?
Speaker 1: Okay, can we discuss for a moment. Yes, let's discuss. So if you listened to last Wednesday's episode or the previous bull chat, Andrew was on the road with Gandhi and Diamond yep, and the delay was horrific because we were the Wi Fi there was terrible and so I were in a park.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a literal national park.
Speaker 1: I would say, hey, buddy, how you doing. I'm doing well, Scott, And that's what the whole thing was like. So I was angry and complaining for the entire episode, but then Andrew went and edited out all those dead spots. So I sounded like a giant chirt complaining about nothing.
Speaker 2: But it was too brutal to leave it as is. It was too too brutal.
Speaker 1: Well, you could have left it a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, it was so bad that it just was like and nobody. I think it's funny is that you complain that I never ever like I wouldn't even know how to edit.
Speaker 1: No, I never said that lazy to do it.
Speaker 2: Let's rewind the tapes on that one bucko, because.
Speaker 1: You said you like to push them out as all.
Speaker 2: I said no, but you've also said like, I'd love to see you try and edit. As serial killers, you could never do what I do.
Speaker 1: I mean, your edits were not very clean. I could tell where they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, could you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Could you? Because when I spoke to Amy, She's like, yeah, no, no, it's had a great.
Speaker 1: Well an audio person would realize that the breath was up.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: I've listened to Serial Killers and I've heard it. You know you can a little bit. You can never tell where there's an edit. I can really, Yes, okay, I want you to find one. Glad that I want you to play it for me and say, oh, no, better than ed You know what.
Speaker 2: I could do. I could actually cut the audio myself because I know how to do that.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: Also, side note.
Speaker 1: You I noticed remember the time when we love each other? Yes, we do love each other, but it just has to be said when you talk. I had to cut out so many of the.
Speaker 2: Like you start a lot of sentences with like a well, most people need.
Speaker 1: To breathe before they talk.
Speaker 2: You do a big gulf of air before I cut a few of those out. Like in the middle of a story, you would be talking and then it would start going like this, and then.
Speaker 1: Well, because I'm a professional and I have to fill my diaphragm. Okay, is that what they talked to you about radio school? They sure did, Andrew, all right, so what's going on?
Speaker 2: I really don't have anything?
Speaker 1: Okay, well I do. Okay, how about outdated sayings? Because I heard someone on the news the other day say, oh, it's just like a broken record, or I sound like a broken record every time I say that. Okay, this generation doesn't know what that means. True, even the generation that would like, how often did records break on the record player?
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something. Vinyl is actually making a gigantic resurgence, so kids probably do know them.
Speaker 1: But the saying should have been then a scratched record, because records don't just break.
Speaker 2: Well, isn't that there another phrase that's just like a record scratch moment?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, but I don't. Yeah, but people, but the common phrase is dold me to sound like a broken record. But and they say the same thing that they always say.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Then there's another one because on the same newscast there is a weather reporter, what a beautiful day today, tomorrow a carbon copy of today?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well that one is old that.
Speaker 1: You need to stop saying, because I don't even think you can buy carbon paper anymore. Do even know what carbon paper is?
Speaker 2: Is that the one that it would like you'd sign it and then like your signature would appear in like six other pages.
Speaker 1: Yes, but a lot of times, like the check books. You know what a check book is?
Speaker 2: Yes, I still write checks.
Speaker 1: They have carbon lists, you know, you just push it to go through. But they I actually sold carbon paper which was the size of like a regular square of paper, and you would put it in between two sheets and you would write on it and it would go through and it'd be a carbon copy.
Speaker 2: What's hysterical to me is mattress stores still use that. Like, I don't know what mattress stores are doing these days, but let me tell you something. There's something going on there because they all have, Like to get a mattress in today's day and age, you feel like should just oh, I'll pay for it and it's done. No, they print out like the six foot long receipts.
Speaker 1: Paper like cvs.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and it's like all on pink and yellow paper. Here's your copy. No, we can't email it to you the delivery date. We'll call you to schedule it. It's all just a process that makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds more like a smaller mattress retailer, I mean of the big ones. They just it's in the computer and they print out the thing and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like the old school computer where it's like the click click, click click and a green screen.
Speaker 1: You know what I saw in a store a couple of weeks ago. Speaking of old school, you've probably never seen one in your life. A credit card imprinter.
Speaker 2: Like the thing that you would go like this with.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you will put the credit card in the thing and you'd put the slip on top of it, and you go and you make the imprint on the piece of paper. I remember those things. And then they got a little bit more sophisticated. American Express came out with the ones that was a stand up when you put the card in the slip and you would close and it would do it automatically, because American Express.
Speaker 2: You know, fancy exactly. No, I've seen those before. Actually in a lot of hotels they would do that. I remember, that's right.
Speaker 1: They would take an imprint so they would have it and you know what, just like a corded landline. It's not a bad thing to have in case the power goes out or whatever. So if you you can't take credit cards in a store, if there's no power or internet or whatever, at least this way you could take an imprint of the card. However, many credit cards now, if you look at them, they're not embossed like that anymore. They're just printed on there. So you can't even do the click click anymore.
Speaker 2: For a lot of cards can't do the click click. Yeah, that makes Scottie sad. It does because I used to when I used to work in the five and dime Andrew. It was really weird back then because you if you were suspicious of a credit card.
Speaker 1: First of all, there was a book. There was like a phone book that would come out every month or so that would have bad credit card numbers in it, and if you suspected anything, you could go and look it up and be like hmmmmmm okay, not in there. Or you could call an eight hundred number, yeah, a four to two seven six sitution expiration to eighty nine, and they'd be like they'd be like, no, it's approved. So times have change.
Speaker 2: Imagine being the person on the other end, who's just like, you're really gonna look in a book to see if my credit.
Speaker 1: Card is baked?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's hysterical. Talk about jobs that like completely don't exist anymore. Imagine if the fraud department was just like people calling from local seven elevens, Hey, yeah, we think we have fraud.
Speaker 1: What eleven plus? I had to make change? People don't how to make change anymore.
Speaker 2: Japan has the best, the best, the absolute best ATMs or sorry, cash registers in the entire world. There is no handling any of the money. You put the money in. So just say it was like nineteen fifty, obviously you'd be getting fifteen cents back. But you put the money, you hand it to them, They put it in the cash register, dispenses it back to you. The ATM, the person who's in charge of the cashge just puts the money in. That.
Speaker 1: That's why people are stupid. They don't have to do any of thinking anymore. Like dollar sixty two, I gave you two dollars, clerk, how much do I get back? Andrew? Hurry?
Speaker 2: Dollar sixty two A dollar? Sorry, I get forty eight cents back? Thirty eight cents Andrew? That one, so i'd get a quarter a dime. I'm gonna go to you so I get extra pennies.
Speaker 1: I want extra, I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: One time I was a cashier at our local deli that was like my summer job for a couple of years.
Speaker 1: One time it wasn't a far away deli, it was the local one.
Speaker 2: So I was in cash strip. You weren't the cash register at my local deli. And one time I gave someone one hundred dollars and they bought like the chain should have been a dollar. It was really bad. Luckily that person like came back in and was like, you gave me way too much money.
Speaker 1: That's very nice. Like it was, you know, me and the stupid dollar two dollar bills. Yeah. I went to RB's one time, can what and it was like I don't know, six seventy two or something, and I gave them two dollar bills and they gave me a change for twenty. Yeah. So I pulled back around and gave it back to them because I feel that they're gonna be short, they're gonna get in trouble. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wasn't great. That wasn't my shining moment. I will say, but working in catch register was fine. I like pressing the buttons. I do too, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then I figured out how to make it tell you what the change was, and then I got stupid again.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean again, if technology makes it more efficient, that doesn't necessarily make you stupid. Yeah, but it makes your brain not work anymore. I mean you could do that yourself. You could do Sudoku puzzles, you could do crossroad puzzles.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to do extra stuff. Let me just do it while I'm at work.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what. We're not going to win on this one, but we're not going to see eye to eye on it. Yeah, so I'll let you have this.
Speaker 1: That was also the same story that I put the whisper two thousand in the tampon aisle. So so what anyway, let's move on. I've told this story before.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it's you being creepy as a kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's me being creepy as a kid.
Speaker 2: Creepy Scottie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've grown out of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fingers crossed?
Speaker 1: What else? Andrew, come on, throw something at me? All right, I'll give you another one. Though. I was driving down the street the other day, and this really annoyed me. I don't want to be like negative, negative Nancy. But when you're doing like people don't take pride in their jobs anymore. I think people are just like, eh whatever. I don't When I do something, I want to do it right or I'm gonna do it again and make sure it's right. But there are plenty of people who just live their life like I don't care, right.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering where this is going.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I see this very frequently, and I'm sure if you look for it you'll see it too. But in the in the street where the people whole covers are but the people whole well, I don't know you're allowed to say manhole cover anymore?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, why would you not be able to say a manhole? O?
Speaker 1: Kidding? So well? I don't I don't want to be. You know, they're people, not just men. Oh my god? Ah? So you know why manhole covers are round? Why you have no idea? Now if there were square, they could fall in. You try to put a round can't fall into itself. Square. You could put on an angle and it would fall through. Round cannot fall through a hole? What yeah, no, yes, around manhole cover if you could try to flip it any which way and it won't fall through. But a square you can turn and you know, put in a diagonal and it would fall right to the hole and you would have missing manhole covers left and right.
Speaker 2: You're so right. I never thought of that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not right that. It just is huh. Anyway, So back to my point. So I was driving down the street as I normally do, and where the painted line is the yellow line down the middle. Yeah, so obviously somebody did some work and they removed the cover and there was a painted line on it, but they put it back reversed, so the line is like going in the other direction. Like you can't just line it up. Yeah, Like you have a little bit of pride in your work.
Speaker 2: Well, something tells me that by the end of those days, especially in the summer, it's probably baking hot. You get it work in the concrete and you're just like, I'm over this.
Speaker 1: It takes a second to just do it right, that's all.
Speaker 2: But again, you do not do any physical labor, so therefore you can't be saying just do your job right, lazy person. Let me go put on my audio things.
Speaker 1: I go grocery shopping for people.
Speaker 2: That's okay. What are you really comparing working instacart with putting down like concrete lines, or even be a mail man.
Speaker 1: I don't have to reach out mahi for boxes.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't. What happened?
Speaker 2: No, Scott, you are not even close.
Speaker 1: I have nothing against it. I've just never had a job like that before I understood I would do it.
Speaker 2: But again, I'm sure you would. And then the minute they were like, all right, go do this, he'd be.
Speaker 1: Like, so they always told me how to do well in school, or I'd be a ditch digger. And I didn't do well in school. But I'm not a ditch digger. I'm disappointed. I would like to dig ditches. Well, I mean it good exercise.
Speaker 2: Listen, here's my thoughts if I struck it right away.
Speaker 1: Trucks dig ditches anyway. People don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you'd be an operator.
Speaker 1: I would like to operate a truck.
Speaker 2: Well, then why don't you go do it?
Speaker 1: Don't they have like Digger World somewhere like an amusement park. We love to do draw these giant back hos.
Speaker 2: We should I should find one and then reach out to them on Instagram.
Speaker 1: There's one not terrible far away through of serial killers. You can go in the in the big shovel and I'll move you around.
Speaker 2: I would love that, except I feel like something would go wrong and I'd get hurt. Of course it would, I would get hurt. What was I about to say? Oh my god, it was just in my head and then you made it leave.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. It was about manual labor, manually digging, ditches, ditches, steamroller.
Speaker 2: Got it if I struck it?
Speaker 1: Rich?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm gonna do?
Speaker 1: Buy a truck? No?
Speaker 2: Two businesses am opening up?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you gonna give something away that people a gonna steal? Okay?
Speaker 2: Funeral home and a laundromat. Those two fool proof.
Speaker 1: Because people always need it. Yes, But what happens if you own a laundromat in a town and then all of a sudden people say, you know what, I'm gonna buy a washer dryer, and then.
Speaker 2: Once I do it in a city, laundromat in a city is ever closed. I don't know, besides the ones that get closed down from mob connections or rats. I mean, really, I don't think a rat shutting and a laundromat.
Speaker 1: No. No, I guess if they have a candy machine.
Speaker 2: Maybe, well I'll put Diamonds vending machines in my laundromats.
Speaker 1: That's another thing I've asked Diamond out for months, because Diamond, you know our executive producer that doesn't even know that we do bull chat. She has a vending machine route and I'm super jealous. I love vending machines, and we've spoken about this before, but I just I want to go fill her machine. I want to go restock. I want to go restock the machine that she has. I want to do that.
Speaker 2: I would love to own a vending machine.
Speaker 1: Think of keys, open it up job. I would because I like filling things.
Speaker 2: I could just see somebody like walking up to the vending machine as you're stocking it and being like, the vending machine is closed right now? But can I take a quick survey to see what snacks you like?
Speaker 1: I don't have to take a survey. I know what people like. Oh here, I would have the best vending machine in town.
Speaker 2: How would you know what people like?
Speaker 1: Because I know what the cool snacks are.
Speaker 2: You know what the cool snacks do?
Speaker 1: You don't put it with Kreddy chips. This good stuff.
Speaker 2: What's the hot chip on the market right now?
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you have to get like the good snack cakes, and you can't. I'm sorry, but you can't put in Missus Freshley's or Wilma Fingerdoo or whatever that guy's name is. What's otis, spunk Meyer, willmop Beloved. That stuff. You can't put the no name crap in. Missus Freshley is never fresh because it sits there forever. There's a Missus Freshley coffee cake in our machine. There a honeybun. It's a honey bun and it's been.
Speaker 2: There for weeks, probably years. Let me tell you something in the vending machine. Also over there, they have a Snapple fruit punch. When I was interning here in twenty ten, that bottle was still.
Speaker 1: In the wind to tell you and burst your bubble. That's just for just I get that one doesn't go away. The labels have changed everything.
Speaker 2: That they still use the plastic bottles that they don't have the same like they.
Speaker 1: Sure, but that's just showing you the flavor.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying the bottle on the inside too. If I ordered a Snapple fruit punch right now. It's not the new Snapple logo. It's from at least five.
Speaker 1: Hours on a second. So this is you would have any machine clink, nothing's happening, But I just or well I don't know.
Speaker 2: Do I not know how to press a button?
Speaker 1: You don't order things from a vending machine.
Speaker 2: So you decided to bring that up for your joke.
Speaker 1: Well it wasn't a joke, but I have You don't order something, you purchase something, right, choose something, go to the ven Domatic and get something.
Speaker 2: Do you want to go back to the Automatic?
Speaker 1: I will have lunch with you today if you'd like, but I do not want to go there. They drove, so we can have lunch in the city before you drive home.
Speaker 2: That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: We can go have corn ravioli before it's out of season.
Speaker 2: We're going to go there again.
Speaker 1: You don't want that. Jones Beach pretty soon you want to go to them. They're really old.
Speaker 2: Now I'm trying to think whould I want to go see in concert? Right now?
Speaker 1: Well, Amy really wants to go see Ed Sheer and so let me know when that's coming around. We'll go that. Yeah, I know Blinkwin eighty two and Green Day are doing a bunch of what's the hell of Megator or something? Did that happen? A great show? Elvis and I used to go see that show all the time. Did you just say blink not blinkin eighty two? Blink the cool look? Did you ever see that movie?
Speaker 2: I've never heard of this.
Speaker 1: It was, well, it's about this fire firefighter that gets injured on the job and and and this some his name was Turk, and his badge number was one eighty two. And so there's some guy that goes around town graffitiing just Turk one eighty two everywhere, and then he goes up on the Brooklyn Bridge and changes the light. I was in it. I think Dabney Coleman was the police sergeant.
Speaker 2: You were just off on a tangent, wasn't happening?
Speaker 1: It was one of those character actor guys from the eighties. Yeah, how do they get their name? What's the one eighty two? Because if it's from that movie, I'll be like shocked. Oh okay.
Speaker 2: The trio first operated under a variety of names, including duct Tape and Figuring, until DeLong rechristened the band Blink Hoppus's girlfriend at the time was annoyed by his constant attention to the band and demanding make a choice. He chose her.
Speaker 1: Well, it's gonna say it's a band, but you should go check that movie.
Speaker 2: Oh, they were forced to change it because an Irish electronic artist was already using that name, so they added one eighty two to the end.
Speaker 1: But why there must be there's got to be a reason that's such a random number that it has to mean something.
Speaker 2: Well, if this loads, can.
Speaker 1: We can we call somebody, like some rock guy that would know I like this.
Speaker 2: Why why how do you pronounce blink one eighty two? I mean I feel like it's kind of self explained.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because they might mean one eight to two or one hundred eighty two.
Speaker 2: Why one eighty two? Specifically, according to the band, it's how many times at garface.
Speaker 1: Huh. Well, now go to Turk one eighty two and find out why they used one eighty two. If it's the same thing, that would be really interesting.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: But it's not because it takes too long. What what I just said?
Speaker 2: I honestly was closing my phone.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I mean it's an okay movie. If it's ever on, like I don't know, HBO on a weekend.
Speaker 2: Turk one eighty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why don't you come over, we'll watch it. I feel like if we have the Shed again and watch it, if.
Speaker 2: We ever offer extra content, we'll do movie watches and then review movies afterwards. That'll be our Friday specials.
Speaker 1: And if you follow us at Cereal Killers PC, you could see Andrew and I eating breakfast together with the family.
Speaker 2: That would be nice.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: That was really fun. The Shed was delicious.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I enjoyed that. That breakfast sandwich was delicious. Let me tell you something. Onion jam.
Speaker 1: Who knew.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know they could make an onion jam.
Speaker 1: See I would hear onion jam and just not want it. Oh, I mean that's the thing. I'm trying new things now. And why are you making faces? So on the show? Hello Fresh is a sponsor, And so I said, you know what, I'm gonna get a couple of meals and we did. And first of all, it's kind of cool because we cooked together. Yeah, Amy and I and the kids sometimes. But there's all kinds of like sauces and juices and goo that go on things that I would never in a million years say I don't want that. Like there was some like creamy onion sauce or something on these pork chops, and it was the most delicious thing ever that I would never like if it was in a restaurant. Like, no sauce, you know, because it just sounds weird and gross.
Speaker 2: There's certain no goes in terms of sauce for me. I'm not a huge mustard person. Okay, I don't really like mustard.
Speaker 1: But if you were going to have mustard, yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard, probably spicy Gouldens or Frenches.
Speaker 2: Probably the spicy one, okay, because I could do spice.
Speaker 1: And yes, I know Gouldens. I know Frenches make spicy brown. Also they're known for their yellow.
Speaker 2: But like, I've never been a hot dog with mustard person. McDonald's tides it on the cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: Certain, yes, yes, yes, we've put that to the test. Oh wait, I saw are you a ketch up on a hot dog? Guy?
Speaker 2: I could eat a plain plain yeah, just plain. I like hotdogs, plain something with cheeseburgers. I'm kind of I'm good with it.
Speaker 1: However, so the juice in the meat is moisturizing enough for you, sure, Scott, Okay, Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Like a cheeseburger just tastes so good, like or anything. No. I used to like. Sometimes I'll spice it up, but for the most part, I'm like, I could just eat a plane, but like steak, put a ton of butter on that, or put some sauces on it.
Speaker 1: My god, well, you know me and steak ketchup.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 1: So anytime I go someplace where.
Speaker 2: Tell me it's medium well with ketchup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ketchup, all right, and you for coming to another bowl chat and we're disgusting, says you. It's you know what it's like. I tell my kids, it's not disgusting. You just don't like it. If it was disgusting, nobody would eat it.
Speaker 2: Medium well with ketchup.
Speaker 1: I like to say medium plus wow, because medium well is a bit too much, but medium is a bit too pink. So if I go to a snooty two dy place like a nice steakhouse, I have to order some sort of potatoes just so I can ask for ketchup, because sometimes they get pissed, like the chef will be like, I'm sorry, what can I tell you what happened? We were in Fire Island. Speaking of that, we went to Uncle Johnny's bash a couple of weeks ago, and when we were waiting for the ferry to go home, we went to the pizza place that's right over there, and they had a white slice with spinach. Okay, delicious, yeah, but I like sauce on it. I like sauce on pizza. I don't know the.
Speaker 2: Sauce, pizza sauce. What's pizza sauce.
Speaker 1: Sauce that's on the pizza?
Speaker 2: Do you mean like tomato sauce?
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, this is blowing my mind right now. So I said to them, I said, yes, may have the white size switch spinach, but can you put some sauce on it please? So the kid takes it into the back and there's the guy from like you don't remember, but it's like the polio string cheese commercials from the eighties they got like goes not. It was that guy and he's like, what do you want? What do you want on it? I said, can you put some sauce on it? He said, tomato sauce or pizza sauce. And I was like sauce, just red. What's the difference whatever you would put on pizza, put it on there. What's the difference between tomato sauce and pizza sauce? Aren't they all made of tomatoes? Hello?
Speaker 2: Okay, what I'm sorry? Nobody.
Speaker 1: You said tomato sauce. But why do you ask that? If you, why didn't you just say tomato sauce?
Speaker 2: I said, sauce, pizza sauce. Pizza sauce isn't a thing. That's like saying that the condiments on like hot dogs, like ketchup and mustard, if they come in a pack, you'd go give me the hot dog sauce.
Speaker 1: Yes, But she said, what is hot dog sauce? He said, do you want tomato sauce or pizza sauce?
Speaker 2: He probably was confused.
Speaker 1: So I just said red sauce. Red, Just get me red. There's the sauce you put on, Just say tomato sauce, the sauce you put on a regular piece of pizza. I want that.
Speaker 2: That's tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I want.
Speaker 2: So you wanted a okay?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I like sauce. I like red sauce on all pizza.
Speaker 2: So you wanted a white slice, yes, and then want it to them to put tomato.
Speaker 1: Sauce because it doesn't come with it.
Speaker 2: So you don't like actual white slices.
Speaker 1: Then I do with sauce on it.
Speaker 2: That's not a white slice.
Speaker 1: Then it's still white and red.
Speaker 2: That's not a thing. You're basically just to make it pizza.
Speaker 1: It is a thing because people like it.
Speaker 2: Me. Okay, your whole you you love generalizing. You think of the only thinking. Then you think I'm the.
Speaker 1: Only one that ever asked for sauce on a white slice.
Speaker 2: No one's calling it pizza sauce. They're saying, can I get some tomato sauce on the side?
Speaker 1: No, I want it on it. I want you to put it in the oven on it. I want it hot.
Speaker 2: And you're asking them to make a whole different slice of pizza, Scott, No, just add sauce to Scott.
Speaker 1: You can't get a white slice with sauce, Scott, I'll come.
Speaker 2: That way exactly. So when you're asking them.
Speaker 1: To although they do make regular slices with ricotta on it, that's a white slice with sauce. Yes.
Speaker 2: Again, when you can't you can't just make this up and say that a slice, a white slice, a slice that's made.
Speaker 1: We should get the Brooklyn boys on the phone.
Speaker 2: Go for it, because this is terrible. How could you really think to yourself you created a whole different slice. You don't want the white slice, then what you want is the cheese from the white slice with the sauce from pizza.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. How do you use the phone?
Speaker 2: I don't know that's your thing.
Speaker 1: I gotta try something over here.
Speaker 2: I'll just get Brody on speakerphone.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that sounds like garbage. Hold on, I can't you hear a dial tone?
Speaker 2: I don't hear anything.
Speaker 1: Did we get dial tones on these phones? I don't know, stupid phones. Well how about here? Nah, I don't hear anything. Whatever, Just put it on speakerphone. No, that's stupid because he's going to go off on a tangent and it's not gonna be you're gonna be able to hear it. But I fine, we can.
Speaker 2: Ask him really quick.
Speaker 1: What are we asking him?
Speaker 2: I'm going to ask him if he's ever heard of pizza sauce.
Speaker 1: You do it?
Speaker 2: Then let me see what's his text.
Speaker 1: I think he's taking a nap. Now this is his nap time.
Speaker 2: Well, he's got to wake up because we got something to talk about.
Speaker 1: What he wants. He's not gonna able to hear me.
Speaker 2: He could hear you speak up, Bucko, what do you want?
Speaker 1: Andrew?
Speaker 2: Maybe he won't even answer.
Speaker 1: He won't he would answer. You know, I'll call he'll answer.
Speaker 2: That would be sad.
Speaker 1: Watch no, because he's he knows that we're calling for the podcast, so he won't answer.
Speaker 2: What about scary?
Speaker 1: I just I need to do it on the phone. It's not gonna sound good. Just to hang up. Hang up. You know what, maybe we can be a guest on their show and discuss this.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea.
Speaker 1: So we'll do a crossover.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, we heard a good crossover event. Back to my story. You cannot call it pizza sauce. It's tomato sauce.
Speaker 1: But he asked me if I wanted tomato sauce or pizza sauce.
Speaker 2: He was probably just confused.
Speaker 1: You don't remember that commercial Polyo string cheese.
Speaker 2: Well, get me a time capsule and I'll transport back to the eighties and be alive then and then I can remember it with.
Speaker 1: Polyo string cheese.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you really get a white slice with sauce.
Speaker 1: Why, there's no way in hell that I'm the only person that asks for sauce on a white slice. It's just not possible.
Speaker 2: Again, it's not that, but they're saying they probably just want tomato sauce, not pizza sauce. This was what is a pizza sauce?
Speaker 1: This is going to go in circles.
Speaker 2: Just what is a pizza sauce?
Speaker 1: It's the red sauce that they put on pizza.
Speaker 2: So it's tomato sauce. It's red sauce, tomato sauce. Sure, great, Okay, have a nice day. Just call it that.
Speaker 1: Let's go get some corn raveol.
Speaker 2: Just call it that.
Speaker 1: I want corn ravioli.
Speaker 2: Should we go to a pizza place? In this way, you could go start talking to him about pizza sauces.
Speaker 1: Sure, how many different pizza sauces are there?
Speaker 2: There's one because that's all you put on pizzas.
Speaker 1: Right, so you can just call it pizza sauce. It's the men in that, okay. As people would say, is there anything else?
Speaker 2: No? I mean that was a way to end it.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you that that's much dumb.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you're the one who's going up to places going can I get pizza sauce?
Speaker 1: But that listen, I do that everywhere that I go, and no one else had ever given me a problem.
Speaker 2: Because they're probably like, oh, he's a special person. Let's just put some red sauce on it and call it a day.
Speaker 1: Most pizza places have this little cup of sauce on top of the oven because when people ask for a sad of sauce, they just give you one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what you dip your mozzidelle sticks.
Speaker 1: In mozzarella sticks? Yes, it's mozzarella. So you're doing the Spanish accent thing with Italian. Now, well I'm actually Italian, but it's still mozzarella. Well, you know, I can go interchangeable with it. It's also again I am Italian, but we also do that.
Speaker 2: You don't they a star.
Speaker 1: But we had that whole conversation where you speak perfect English and then you add the accent.
Speaker 2: To well me saying what is different than you going oh it is asse color with you rolling your rs. Yes, it's very different.
Speaker 1: But I didn't do that. I just said it's asse color. I didn't do that color. I didn't do that. I was just doing that the serial kill for the story I said. For the story, I said, I hated when people do that when they're just having a normal conversation, and then they just say, add that.
Speaker 2: In two weeks from now, when that corn Flake Cinnamon episode is up and you're talking in Spanish the whole time, you will hear yourself talking in an accent the whole time, because.
Speaker 1: I was doing the entire sentence in Spanish so much. It really bothers you that much, it does.
Speaker 2: It's mozzarella, It's mozzarella. Get some mozzarella with your pizza sticks or pizza sauce.
Speaker 1: Well then why don't on the package of palio? How come they don't spell it muza? Why is there? Why is there an l's and a's and stuff. You're supposed to pronounce it because it's there, right, I bet you. Even in Italy it's spelled mozzarella.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to get my Italian because in Felipo on the phone.
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I don't because he's going to yell at me, and I just don't. I'm not interested.
Speaker 2: He actually probably would, It would be very funny. We'll have to talk to Fullipo next y.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna figure out how to get the phones working in here, and we'll do that. Wow, that'll be a game changer for us phones. We did that one time though. I don't know why I'm not getting a dial tone. Maybe there aren't dial tones anymore.
Speaker 2: You're not focusing on your cell.
Speaker 1: There's no dial tone. Maybe this thing doesn't have a dial tone. Hold on, let me try to dial and see what happens. Okay, what's your number? Andrew?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say it over the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not working. I hear it over there, but not over here. All right, Well, I'm gonna have to ask Jeff how to get that to work.
Speaker 2: How long has this episode been?
Speaker 1: Too long? Almost thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: Every single one of these episodes? Almost thirty minutes now because we fight back and forth, Andrew, Well, we weren't really fighting it. We fight, just me fight. We fight on you calling the Scotty. I know that one.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Itchy and Scratchy from the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: Very good thirtieth season? Right? Oh, thirty minutes thirtieth season? Maybe we should no, right, I haven't watched The Simpsons in quite some time. I used to watch it every single Even my wife Amy, she was like, I remember when the first one came on and we were addicted to We watched every single week.
Speaker 2: Best episode is Trios of Horror. I never liked the moment the Dolphins. Never like Dolphins took over. That is the best episode. I crack up every time. That's what coming into The Simpsons.
Speaker 1: I was not into those. Anytime it was Halloween and that would come on, I'm like, oh, I'm not watching this week. And that was it. Do you remember what show it debuted on on Fox? The ed Wood Show, No Tracy Allman as one of the very first shows that ever aired. That and Married with Children, and I think like America's Most Wanted or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, America's Most Wants. It doesn't even air anymore.
Speaker 1: It sure does. It's back in a new Uh, it's kind of new. It's different. They caught a lot of people with that show, a lot of bad people.
Speaker 2: You know what. I was thinking, Cops, that's the one that's on hiatus right now.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a hiatus. It's done. That show can't be on anymore. Well, because it's twenty twenty one. On that note, thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers, because that was hashtag canceled, which Amy also just realized was a thing. You know that she didn't know that canceled was a thing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's been a thing.
Speaker 1: It's canceled culture here. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean that a lot of things have been getting canceled for years.
Speaker 1: But it was called something else. I mean, like yeah, just like don't watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, like Janet Jackson the Super Bowl two thousand and four, technically that was quote unquote canceling.
Speaker 1: But no one ever, no one has, no one ever said that until probably what six months to a year ago.
Speaker 2: No, right, it's been a thing a yearuple of years now. Really, Yes, canceled least twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Canceled, Yes, but it hasn't really gotten big until the Karen thing. Yes. No, Karen and canceled kind of went hand in hand. No, am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right? So you know what I'm gonna do. Okay, when we're done with the show, I'm going to go into my Twitter and I'm going to type in a search for hashtag canceled, and I'm going to see how far back it goes. I'll see when the first one was. And I'm not talking like game shows from the seventies. I want to know, like the New Current canceled when that started.
Speaker 2: That was probably like in like the early twenty tens, people started using it.
Speaker 1: Shut the hell up?
Speaker 2: Up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Where was I not on social media?
Speaker 1: Yes? I was? I was on MySpace. Okay, all right, on that case to see you, We'll see you Monday with it all new serial Killers, and again Wednesday, perhaps if Andrew wants to come in again. Yes, yes, let's go have lunch. I'm hungry, and then we can get there before noon before it gets busy.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 1: Cool. Oh, I'll make a reservation on open table and get the points I want the points. Okay, you can know the Have you ever actually redeemed those? Let me tell you something, because my points came up for redemption right when COVID started, and so my certificate is no longer valid because you couldn't eat and they don't care. They won't like, they won't redo it for me.
Speaker 2: Bastards.
Speaker 1: Seriously, bastard. I'm gonna go over here and get the ball, all right, So until we see you next time, I should just make this a sound effect. It'd be much easier. I could just hit a button.
Speaker 2: Instead of doing But all right, buddy, can you do it?
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week, say clink Andrew clink. Oh yeah, go check us out on social PC, serial serial.
Speaker 2: Killers PC and head to serial Killers but the serial killerspc dot com to get your serial Killers Golden shirt.
Speaker 1: People that are listening to this podcast want a bowl chat shirt. They don't want to cereal.
Speaker 2: Make one in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Talk to you later Bye,