Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: COWS.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Heckma Harrison, and new he Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Monday, Monday, Monday Overreaction.
Speaker 2: You know here a real right, you know the Rockets. Barry Church.
Speaker 3: Quarterback out with an exciting weekend in North Texas football.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Heck Ma Harrison is here.
Speaker 3: Dave McCrae, former l s U Bengal Tiger Champions, He's here go Tiger.
Speaker 4: By b from three pray.
Speaker 2: We got us a dub on the road, got a dub on the bron y'all already you'll be going down here.
Speaker 3: We're fine, fine, Rick to five day Committee Committee is.
Speaker 4: Like I want to tecu that's why you're gonna sit this. Rick Ross like I don't even go there no more. Now, Rick's old back there the morning.
Speaker 2: We want to welcome. Come on, I'm all about it. I'm all about okay. Shout up Rose Rose, how many.
Speaker 4: Records shout with the with then Oalytics.
Speaker 2: The game on Sunday. Yeah, we have delos a live. We did. We had a game on Sunday. Templon somebody showed.
Speaker 3: Up, right, Kelly Templon, don uh downa thirty eight New England three.
Speaker 4: Out ain't nobody, it's only one, yes, so us.
Speaker 2: I think thirty eight three dollars and beat up New England.
Speaker 3: The worst halftime despicite in Bill Belichick's career, the worst loss in Bill Belichick's career, which includes Cleveland. I was there for two of those years for Belichick, so to hand this kind of defeat that Mike McCarthy did, that says something. Even though I made a mistake of listening to first take today when I got in my car because the radio is on for last night. I will not allow this, uh this wind to be the Smirch Show.
Speaker 2: Okay, they put it on, then they need good man. They played well. Shout out the big mic.
Speaker 4: I'll put a little bit more sugar in you know what I'm saying, Put a little bit more sugar in the kool aid. I think only one of us here picked Lipkey to score the rusty touch.
Speaker 2: That was that was That was me.
Speaker 4: Three of us three of us picked the Dallas Cowboys to win this, that was, y'all, and one of us did not. I couldn't believe it, okay, And they went out there and did they think. And I'm gonna say this, okay, I stood on the table. I would all that to knock it in because because d run Bland I felt, had a good game like the week before before this Patriots. If you wait and he came out this week all right and showed you that he's a ball hall. Do you see the explosion when that man sees the football coming this way. Two picks, one for six. Man, he did his thing. Man, I'm just telling you. I'm just telling you now. So now dquin dq come out this week and say that d run Bland played. He was the top three, y'all. Don't believe it this time. He wasn't like he wasn't lying last night. He wasn't lying last week show last week.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But you know what, if you waited longer, doll, you will get your flowers without you giving yourself your flowers, because you right, you know something, No, you I needed something.
Speaker 2: You got him right there down. You did.
Speaker 4: You went back, you watched the film and you said, look, man, DQ wasn't line of this kid. The run Bland had a great game, And it's it's the explosiveness man, like you said, it's just poetic. Man. You guys played the position. You know, when a guy drives on the ball, braks on and from a defensive perspective and you catch it and you take it to the house, pretty dog something. It's something to that, and you've seen him do that last season. Now you see him do it this season. And to me, when I look at this front office with a guy liked run Bland coming into his own. Yes, you signed Sepan Gilmore in the in the off season, but man, here's a guy that's.
Speaker 2: Emerging in doing what you need him to do.
Speaker 4: Last week may not have been his best outing because he had Thursday half to read the Cliff No Center scheme all the way up to the game. But either way, watching him in this game says, man, the future on this Cowboys defense is really right. Which when you have a young group of guys like this. I give this victory to the coaching staff. I think from the coaching staff perspective, they came back and they wrecked it by a lot of their mistakes, especially defensively. A lot of the things that they did wrong in that Cardinals game. You did not see that that tape repeat itself in this victory versus New England.
Speaker 2: No, no thought.
Speaker 5: You guys are hitting on everything pretty much. But to me, when I look at this game, I mean defensively. Of course, dron Bland did his thing out there. I mean two interceptions, one pick six. Like you guys mentioned, he was in the hip pocket of these guys pretty much the entire game. You know, going into this game, I thought, all right, dan Quinn is gonna you know, he's gonna have to sprinkle some more zone in there, you know, to protect the young man, maybe have a safety over top.
Speaker 2: But just from the all dun trained die right now.
Speaker 5: Look, I didn't see the twenty two yet it looked like they were playing the same defense they played. You know, when Dave's was in there, a lot of man and man coverage, you're on your own, and darn Plans stood up out there and he did his thing. He played outstanding. Nothing against him that he did. He did his thing out there. And then to me, you know, the most I want to say impressive part about it was even though you know, the young Bezuka, your man's Michael Parson or Michael Parsons out there didn't really show up in the stat sheet. He commanded those double teams, those triple teams. But what stood out to me is those other guys Fowler, Neville, Gallimore, you're looking at Sam Williams.
Speaker 2: They all won the one on one battles out there.
Speaker 5: And if you're able to do that consistently, because we know he's gonna get the attention, everybody's gonna focus on eleven, we gotta stop eleven.
Speaker 2: If those other guys out there.
Speaker 5: Lawrence, those guys can win the one on ones consistently, I mean, you're looking at something special. And they were able to stop to run fifty three yards rushing. That's Curry three yards from two and twenty two to fifty three. You're gonna win a lot of games out there.
Speaker 4: But we talked about it last week about this defense and getting interceptions and what it meant you guys knowing being out there, what it's like, and get those sacks and get those interceptions, and not only that put your offense in great field position. The question is, and everybody keeps talking about what happens to the Cowboys offense when they don't get the defense doesn't get any turnovers, and all of these days, in the words of the great Kanye West, I guess.
Speaker 2: We'll never know.
Speaker 4: But when it does happen, roll it. You saw it happened. You saw it happen week one. Okay, you see these turnovers and you say, man, if everything just runs smoothly, you come back to the end of You's like, man, you know what offense play well. But I'll be straight up with you though, listen, because i know we all riding high, but I'm gonna just I'm gonna just put this one out here.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: The run defense, I'm still not I'm still not confident, still not confident in the run defense and what I believe that it should be. Because this is another game where we play with the league and the team with a horrible quarterback who, like you, have to try to put the ball in his hands and make him, let him win the game because you're down by fourteen points, seventeen points, twenty one points, and then all of a sudden, the running game disappears. You don't really have that opportunity, and the defensive team knows that all right, the time the time of where it wasn't like that was Arizona, true and it was opposite. Okay, So like to me, the jury is still out on the even though they only score three points. Yeah, the jury is still out on the running game for me because we got a big test coming up this week. But I ain't gonna take nothing away from I'm just not gonna fall into the trap that we fell into after the week two. After week two we was like, oh yeah, man, SB was out all that, all that all that week. I ain't gonna fall for that because I do know that the Patriots was a one and one walking.
Speaker 2: Back then, walking back then, it is out hey, But but they did what they were supposed to do. This is this is the Dabas Cowboys. You didn't play down to the level, right, they didn't play down to the left.
Speaker 4: Are you supposed to beat this team? Yes, go out there and beat them and embarrass the the way that you did, and you did what you were supposed to do. So all credit to him for that.
Speaker 3: Dron Bland intercepted two passes and returned one of those fifty four yards for a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Second pick six. This season.
Speaker 3: Bland is the third corner in Cowboys history with multiple interception returns for touchdowns in the same season, joining Trayvon Diggs in twenty twenty one with two, Larry Brown in nineteen ninety five to Larry Brown also.
Speaker 2: Super boyl VP that year as well.
Speaker 3: When you talk about the run game, okay, yes, they held New England in fifty three yards of rush on twenty three yards per twenty she's saying on twenty three carries for two point three yards per carry. Last time the Cowboys held their opponents to that was back at twenty nineteen against the Rams. So this week it is the San Francisco forty nine ers. Yesterday against the Arizona Cardinals. The Niners thirty one carries one hundred and twenty four yards on the ground, christ Christian McCaffrey twenty totes one hundred and six yards average five point three, had three touchdowns in the victory.
Speaker 2: Over the car that's on my team and that's a crazy stat line.
Speaker 3: And the Cardinals rushing twenty five for one oh five a little bit less than what.
Speaker 4: They had last week, just slightly, just likely say, but they played they Cardinals. Dobs got usself a job in the future. Oh yeah, he might not be starting somewhere, but you know, he gonna.
Speaker 2: Probably be starting. Look around the league.
Speaker 4: Some of the quarterback play we seen yesterday, Oh yeah, he could be a start San Francis.
Speaker 3: San Francisco got out to a twenty one to three lead, and in the second half, the Cardinals, I say the Cardinals called their way back from down twenty one to three to twenty one ten then made it twenty one sixteen, and then the forty nine Ers in the fourth quarter had two touchdowns McCaffrey with a touchdown run and Rock Purty with a touchdown run and put it out of reach of making it thirty five to sixteen. So that is the game this week on Sunday Night football. Forty nine Ers undefeated a four and oh Cowboys three and one coming into this one. Of course, Dak Prescott was asked about the game get ready for that and Dak Prescott, let me make sure I'm share to quote him correctly here because the question was asked on the importance of tonight's winning preparation for San Francisco, Dak quote, this is a week by week basis. This the focus is on this team. This week's preparation had nothing to do with San Fran coming in. Now we got this game out of the way. We're focused what we did well. We did what we were supposed to do and what we wanted to do, capitalize on our game plan and getting back to things that work and allowed our defense to go out and hunt with the league. Now it's about turning the page and studying the hell out of these guys San Francisco, understanding who they've been and what this matchup has been the past couple of years. I've played them in the playoffs and we understand it's a team that if we get for us to get where we want to get to, we have to play them again come playoffs. So I look forward to the match up and turning the page tomorrow morning and coming up with a game plan. And then somebody said on the bitter feeling that you had after last year's loss, he said, quote, We're so far past that, to be honest, it's obvious.
Speaker 2: Shout out to deck Man that came out.
Speaker 4: Okay, and you know I was on the podcast all last week talking about when you throw the d ball, Okay, let.
Speaker 2: Them run, let him run.
Speaker 4: Up underneath and the kid don't make everything a back shoulder pass, and he made sure that's weak he did. Yeah, he was man, and one of seed Lamb was was a beauty. I think he had one in the back of his zone. It was incomplete, but I was I was just happy with the fact that he didn't have to turn around and try to make us leave back show the throw. I was happy with the way Back played this week. I think he came out. He was focused. He watched the tape of what he did last week, and he gave his receiver chances to make big plays. Shout out to Michael Gallup because Michael Gallup looks like he's one hundred percent full speed here.
Speaker 2: He listened to the show.
Speaker 4: Brandon Cooks is fast and if you get him the ball, I'm telling you he's going to make some place.
Speaker 2: And then ceedee. Lamb did his thing.
Speaker 4: So receiver Corps they went out there and did exactly what they were supposed to do. Spotlight on Tyler Smith. He don't never need to move back out the left hackle. That dude is a great left guard. He showed him something. Man, the light came out this year. I'm talking about head extend. You just seen the head going.
Speaker 2: Look at this bully out there. Man, he was out there controlling guys. Man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, shout shout out, shout out to them. But yeah, it was it was a good offensive performance. Big Mic was in his bag? Was he in his back church?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Was he in his bag?
Speaker 4: Did he call good players? That's it's bad. It's with with Mike. You don't want to give.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 4: Stuff still has to get fixed, it has to you know, they're gonna bag on them about it. My gosh, school maker, you got to catch that, brother, You gotta catch that other one, right, I mean, that's another one.
Speaker 2: That was a perfect throw to you gotta want to put it in the air.
Speaker 4: But but know, way back to what you were saying about about saying friend, I mean this, this is when we talked about this before the season started. When you looked at the schedule, you knew coming up maybe they would have the tendency because of the schedule with playing New York Giants and Jets and New England that they would be looking ahead to play a team like San Francisco that you know, the history is there, The history is there with the coaching staff, but especially the history is there with them knocking you out of the playoffs. This that's a measuring stick game. How do you measure up versus the rest of the league is what the Cowboys need to know because they're not gonna give them credit for beating Jets and teams like that. But if you be going and you roll San Francisco, then you cooking with with dynamite helmet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, y'all, y'all own point.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm gonna give my credit where credit is due, because when you look at it, this is a guy that after taking an l I think since twenty twenty one, he's ten and one. So the man has always gotten this team prepared and ready to play or nine to one after taking the after taking a loss since twenty twenty one, So the guys getting this team, he knows what he has to do to get these guys ready after taking a tough loss. And this could have been easily a game where they're you know that trap game where you're looking forward to San Francisco and they're going out against a New England squad that they should dominate, and they didn't play down to the level of competition we talked about a little bit earlier.
Speaker 2: They made sure that New England once.
Speaker 5: They stepped on the field, they realized they weren't on in the same league as a Dallas Cowboys. They were hitting on all cylinders. So I got to give them credit where credit is due, and we'll see what happens in San Francisco, because this is a squad for the past what three years, two two, three years that has punched to Dallas Cowboys in the mouth repeatedly with no response. So we're gonna see right now, this is a big time measures stick. Like you said, heck to see where the Dallas Cowboys are our relative to one of the best teams in the National.
Speaker 4: Football And I know Big Mike keeps alluding to it. He's he's trying to get us to understand that he's getting in the red zone at a at almost a record pace, scoring like they're supposed to. But he's like, listen, were getting down there, We're gonna figure out how to score. But once we turn turn those into touchdowns, we're gonna be unstoppable. And they continue to get into the red zone drive after drive after drive, So he's doing something right. They just got to figure out how to close it in. But Danny, do you ever do you ever think like for for this offense to be doing that what it's doing for the defense, Because now you see the defense playing like they did when they played against the Giants. They were fresh the whole game because of those long drives. Yeah, I mean just I mean they're fresh. And then imagine how they feel even if you're not scoring touchdowns in the red zone. Just to know, hey man, we getting some points every time we get the ball at the time, aymen, we going down, We're gonna get some points somebody. We get something, And I think that just gives confidence to your whole team.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the drives, Cowboys four drives of ten plus plays on Sunday. Dallas leads the NFL this season with sixteen drives of ten or more plays. Going back to the red zone, they're one for four Dack with just one touchdown pass.
Speaker 2: But the reality is, just as you spoke about.
Speaker 3: Schoom drop one, you got to make that catch that would have put you at a fifty percent clip. If they're two for four in the red zone, I don't think we're sitting here talking about it as much as we are saying one for four. This is something where well we you know, we come down for the podcast on Wednesdays. We had to see a whole bunch of time. The old tight end room need to be able to get everybody, everybody running around. I'll do what I mean right, goodn'ts gracious because if you think about it, you had hindershot and dropping the touchdown pass in game one, then you got a schoolmaker here.
Speaker 2: You can't have this, especially coming up this week.
Speaker 3: Checked the forty nine ers yesterday five for five in the red zone against Arizona, two for five against the Giants, three for five against l A, two of three against Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: They cashing in for getting in the red zone.
Speaker 3: They're scoring seven and McCaffrey has been involved in every one of those towns this year. Every game he scored a touchdown.
Speaker 4: So you know, I you know, I saw makes some good catches yesterday for the Texas Texas Alton was out there.
Speaker 2: He was out there, he was out there making some plays.
Speaker 4: Dog and I was watching it, and that was before I was like a tiny room gonna come in, They're gonna show up, and then you know I was, But he can't.
Speaker 2: But he don't block. You don't block. I want to say that, but he was out there Texas to and too the moment your fantasy too to.
Speaker 4: Nah, bro, I got George Kittle, he gave me one point, yeah, and I got I got a quarter him. I was like, okay, killing more Dalton shows. Okay, I wouldn't got buddy from from l.
Speaker 2: A which one. What's Everett? Yeah?
Speaker 4: But uh he killing for you, killing for killing. I'm too know this week we he's just so you know, I like you asked that he is.
Speaker 2: He is? He on your fan, that's all he talking about.
Speaker 6: He's so good.
Speaker 2: Know the truth.
Speaker 3: I think, Oh, come on man, all right, let's breaking the Cowboys run defense that they make a move to. Let's talk about that next week. Barry Churchick, Ma Harrison Dan and Cranny Scirts is player. So I was brought to you by Tostitos right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right that you're not there. He escaped slapped hell for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Rush Scot's gonna rub this ship show, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving New smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and Whoo Me Too. These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home we're away, we.
Speaker 10: Rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear enof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back back to the players lounge.
Speaker 4: Your Dallas Cowboys head to Santa Clara to take on the forty nine is in week five of the twenty twenty three season. Come out to Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium on October the eighth for a free watch party presented by seven eleven Cheer on the Boys alongside the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders and rowdy while enjoying five dollars Miller Lights, barbecue, game day, fair, and more. Gates open at six pm and kickoff is at seven twenty. For more information and to claim your ticket, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com Slash watch Party.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. Heckmy Harrison, He's in the house. Was brought to you by Tostinos. Got the players, Danny McCrae and Barry Church here, I'm new we Scruggs.
Speaker 2: We're got the Jets and the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Sunday night football game behind us is the Chiefs won twenty three to twelve bath for them.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm geting Zach Wilson. He looked at height, so that one that one play. Man.
Speaker 4: Zach Wilson is the postal board right now. For all the criticism on quarterbacks, but Mac Jones is missing that criticism because of Zach Wilson.
Speaker 2: He happiness that was.
Speaker 4: Somebody need to fly, somebody need to shot a flashlight on this boy, Mac Jones. But some up, Yeah, listen, I was happy for I don't care if they want to lost. I was just happy to see him be able to complete some passes and go out there and have some confidence, because listen, I cannot imagine. Look, this is a young man. How bad he feels with all these people coming at him. Man Joe Naming and came in. You're talking about the whole. He probably can't go eat in the restaurant. This is this, This is a young cat, you know what I'm saying. He thought that he was gonna go in here and learn from Aaron Rodgers, and then he get out there last night and he played like like he thought he could play. You know, maybe Aaron Rodgers gave him a little you know, he was trying to play play for the kid. But I was happy for him. I was excited to play Tailor Swift. I guess he might. I'm not going to he played well. Man Rogers say he's gonna be playing this season.
Speaker 2: I'll believe it. He pulled that on something that you know what I mean, winning retreats man. Not he on this year. He ain't had no boot on. Lads like the mad still a lot.
Speaker 5: Of Christmas testing, Maate sat something going on?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jonathan Wow, Jonathan tale tell you I don't have to. You ain't doing that. You ain't doing that.
Speaker 4: It ain't having it. BC plans to be advances and technology man quarterback man by man VIBRAINI we go to waka.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Hanckens signed by the Cowboys today.
Speaker 2: Gentlemen, thoughts, they know what I know. You ain't on. Ain't on either. I tell you they know what I know. They know what I know. When you get into listen, this is the week, bro, this is the week. All right.
Speaker 4: They came it to us in week five, the game that has set us back two years in a row.
Speaker 2: All right with the team and they're and they're undefeated.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they gat like so yes, yes, if you saw what we saw against Arizona, which was probably when they started looking at Hankins and they was like we need we need to get something figured out right, And when you watch the game the first couple of plays last night, you was like, oh wait, aw man, I don't know, I don't know. And they was like, man, go ahead and make that phone call. They was on the phone in the booth up there and they got them up in here. But they like, we need all we all we can get to get ready for San Francisco. And that's no shade at us. We know what type of team San Francisco is. Were watching them on tape. They've been scored like crazy in the red zone. What you almost sixty seventy percent? Yeah, man, we need everything we can get.
Speaker 2: He said it off. Get not worried because we stopped the Patriots. Huh. And Zeke Stevenson said, you ain't said nothing. That's all.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna just feel in the blanket till you say something.
Speaker 2: This Mossie thing, issy.
Speaker 3: Thing is not not working out the way I thought it was going to drafted. I was like, yeah, yeah, you called Jonathan Hank, but I called Makos. They don't like They don't like that. They don't like what's going on enough to say.
Speaker 2: We don't need reinforcement. So hey, look good on them.
Speaker 3: To admit the problem and not do what they've told us in the past. We like our guy Stephen Jones line, we like our guys until last year to receive we got a problem.
Speaker 2: We like our guy.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't like you guys, and then we wait till the playoffs in San Francisco. Receiving corps came to fruition that you didn't have enough. So Jonathan Hankins is here, big boy up front, Okay. And if I'm Ozzie Smith, I'm I'm I'm feeling some kind of way because you were supposed to be that guy.
Speaker 2: Were feeling somewhere about yourself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well, especially when you've been given every opportunity to solidify yourself in the position. Then you could be you could be ticked off if you didn't need the opportunity, but you had ample opportunity. And to me, man, that's just showing up what you already know that's coming for the rest of the season. Y'all know how to stand go. We talked about it before this game. The pop quiz gonna come every week if you can't stop it. Bill came out there with three tight ends, not two.
Speaker 2: Three. I said, I heard y'all have problems with tight ends. So what I'm gonna do and bring three of them out there.
Speaker 4: See if y'all can finally get the stops and then the defense. Instead of playing hero ball like they did last week, they shored it up. You didn't see guys running past the tight end. You see him getting up the field and losing, leaving those big old lanes. Man. That was That's what I was saying. The coaching staff deserves so much credit for this victory.
Speaker 2: Hekma.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't get a jersey now.
Speaker 2: That Hankins is here. I don't know it's gonna play out during the week, man, I don't know. You can't.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of people that deserve one. Osa Neville. I mean, obviously Nevill's been doing this thing, so I don't know. I mean it's gonna come down to a guy like Chauncey Gooston, don't got It's don't.
Speaker 2: Come to pass it your gang. You can't. You can't.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna be on strong. It's not gonna be on strong. It's gonna be Hey, ain't gonna be fouled. So I gotta go watch all twenty two.
Speaker 2: I got to see.
Speaker 4: I got That's just that's just adding the competition to that group already defensively, look your boy number thirty three, he balled, He balled out. Now we've been talking about the linebacker group and what they needed to do.
Speaker 2: What did they do?
Speaker 4: They held that gap responsibility so he could come downhill and get tackles.
Speaker 2: That's the last piece of this.
Speaker 4: Next when we go up against the forty nine ers, our lv E got a ball out, you know it, he got a ball out. My eyes, basic weems.
Speaker 5: Counters and it's gonna and it's gonna come down to you know, San Francisco is gonna be able to stick to the script? Are they gonna be able to go out there and stick to the ground games when we've seen in all our victories right both New York teams, you know this, this game coming up, the defense forced that team to get out of script. They forced them to throw the ball too much out there, and it fit right in the dan Quinns because we know we got the best pass rush international Football League.
Speaker 2: So I feel right into their hands. To me, it's gonna be a chess match one I got. Let me ask.
Speaker 4: Let me ask this because y'all know I'm a big fan of Kittle. But did y'all see dawn curses? The drawn curse has some problems out there and coverage on tight ends. It ain't the first, but I'm saying, like you had talked about it a little bit, and our safety is feeling in like Number fourteen feels in for number six. We've seen some things happen where these young guys if given the opportunity they can play.
Speaker 2: Here's Dawn Curse.
Speaker 4: Another opportunity for him to go up against an A list tight end and I don't know where your confidence level is. And I know, wait twenty four hour rule. Let's enjoy the victory. But that's the matchup that I'm looking for next week. Yeah, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be a kind of a mismatch right there, in my opinion, because look.
Speaker 2: Kittle, he's real, He's the real deal at tight end.
Speaker 5: Especially if they start splitting them out and Rock Party got a little bit of time out there, it might be a real problem because we've seen Curse, We've seen him struggle in coverage in the past. Yeah, that's gonna be a heck of a matchup right there.
Speaker 2: Kittles on my fantasy team.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm just telling you get a lot of it. Ain't the kidle that we points wise and stats wise, but but Brock Party has been has been the guy.
Speaker 2: Christian McCaffrey has been the guy. Would you play Kittle this week?
Speaker 4: I'm playing this week just just I mean, just because of Kittle. But like listen, Curse gave up some passes. The coverage was was tight, Like guys gonna give up some passes. I think we expect him to, you know, go out there and just shut everybody down.
Speaker 2: Hero is a good tight end.
Speaker 4: So it's not like he was going to get some scrubs and gave up a scrub, you know, some ketch to scrubs.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 4: I got confidence in in in Curse would have had to pick this week, were the whole whole tune would have changed at that point, So hit him in the heads. This opportunity for big players. O BP, what do you think about Hey, do you think that that him coming here has anything to.
Speaker 2: Do with the play of Mazi?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's got to because if they were short up in that situation, they felt great with Mazi in there. Oh, so all those guys you wouldn't have feel need to sign this man over here.
Speaker 2: So I feel like it's got to wait a second right off the streets.
Speaker 3: Like I By the way, for HOOKO was the one who didn't get who was not active.
Speaker 2: Yesterday d line, So it was Hoko. So okay, so okay, yeah, so yeah, nobody missed it.
Speaker 3: Oh well, oh well, let's take our final break when we come back.
Speaker 2: A statistic but not to go ahead, bro statistic for.
Speaker 3: Mike McCarthy that you may have missed. It makes you say okay, okay with Barry.
Speaker 2: Church had Maharrison.
Speaker 3: Damian krab New restructs plays not by You by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Dot com radio.
Speaker 11: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now. Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a play, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 8: Snapped the Prescot who looks right, it's not there. He escaped flapped. He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 8: Prescott's gonna run this him show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crew t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 10: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smirnoff, we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loude.
Speaker 4: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Steadium and at the Star in Frisco, Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience. Get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with AT and T, this interactive technology gives tour gores the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours.
Speaker 2: HEC.
Speaker 3: Marrison, thank you very much. Players Lounge brought to you by Tostitos. Players are Danny Cray and Barry Church. I'm new he scruggs. So how about this note from Mike McCarthy. Yesterday's win over Bill Belichick allow Mike McCarthy to tie Bud Grant with one hundred and fifty eight wins for nineteenth on the all time regular season win list among NFL coaches. But Grant, former coach of the Minnesota Vikings, who is in the Hall of Fame, but never won a Super Bowl. So that's where McCarthy is. I bring that up to say and remind people, Mike McCarthy's.
Speaker 2: A really good football coach.
Speaker 3: He talking about nine feteenth all time and regular season wins, and it's like, that's that's a lot of winning, guys.
Speaker 2: No, Big Mikey.
Speaker 5: He's definitely due his credit magazine. He's a heck of a coach. I mean, I'm not going poo poo on nothing that the man's doing so far. Man, He's gotten his team ready each and every weekend. You know, looking at he's getting the most out of his players.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: But I got a question, man, because was there something between him and Belichick or something? Because I feel like he was just throwing daggers in there. You're talking about going for two U up fourteen.
Speaker 2: I think they was up? Was it twenty one? Twenty eight at the time you're going forward on fourth and three. Was there something some animosity there? Something?
Speaker 4: It was just I was like, man, I mean animosity between Bill and a lot of other coaches for the whoopings he was putting on them for however longest been the hell.
Speaker 2: I be jealous of his success. So he won six, I get it, put in the round, he got the room, he got the room by her room. Mike jealous. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 4: I'm like, now, yeah, listen, listen when you especially when the whole thing goes Mike McCarthy versus Bill Bellis, That's that's the whole thing, Like, oh, what is Bill gonna do to Mike? Mike been in the lab and all this other stuff, and Mike was like, Okay, I'm gonna show you. And then and then Bones came out. There was like you I wanted to Mike.
Speaker 2: That was that was him. I'm like, I got you, I got you back.
Speaker 4: I think that set the tone to make sure that your team didn't let didn't take their foot off the gas.
Speaker 3: Give you one reason why Chris being talked about and I actually saw it on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Remember the halftime score was who was that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't you don't you know, I stopped laughing.
Speaker 2: What where's my guy laughing? Any after? Tom Brady wasn't on the other side. He don't want to see that. He didn't have It didn't matter. Scott man, Scot he saw that.
Speaker 4: The three said, hell, no, four and three you have twenty eight We go what you talma see?
Speaker 2: That was I was like you saw they did. Matt Ryan on his TV debut, Man, Hey, hey, what's wrong with your with your homeboy dog Rodney Harrison. That is your man, man, that's two times with your Rodney learn from the best. After the game last night, listen.
Speaker 4: So after the game last night, after this game last night, they called Chandler Jones over, and Rodney said, he's Channa Jones. Chris my bad, my man, my man, my man, my man. They called Chris Jones over. They called Chris Jones over. Click, y'all all right.
Speaker 2: You got the wrong jo ahead. Man's about to say what.
Speaker 4: They called Chris Jones over, and your man, your man, Rodney, cry, you got they called they called see Jones over, They ca see Joes over, they call See Jones over.
Speaker 2: All right, not answering that again. Let me know when you're back.
Speaker 4: Let me know when you're back, because it's another one of your homeboys out here acting reckless.
Speaker 2: Did you mentor him too? He did everything you do.
Speaker 4: He tried to mess to get that man to call him trash, trash, what do you call him? He was like, he was like, hey, man, so when you watch the film on this, on this zac man, you have to be like, oh man, this dude right here is garbage. We're gonna go out here and killing. And you see what Christy he was like, nah, I think he's a very town quarterback. To me, he was like, you think he's the lead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man was he was trying to her. That was bully. He tried to bully that man. It was even the witness yes.
Speaker 4: B and and and he didn't fall for and he needs like a butthole. After that, you was like, oh wait, I'm by myself because the rest of the.
Speaker 2: People was like they didn't laugh at your job.
Speaker 3: Nah, I'm like bart, that ain't it man.
Speaker 4: He called get the head for work. That man got an attitude problem. We called him COVID.
Speaker 2: We were doing the virtual and he was like, man, I'm gonna get ridden Harrison to come on, and he was like, hey, man a.
Speaker 4: Height cool and he came on old school. He can't figure out how to get the stuff work. I ain't heard somebody be that mad. And actually, yes, you man, listener, don't know about this man, know about hey, how about the offensive line?
Speaker 2: What matter fact? You call him?
Speaker 5: You already know y'all out of pocket like Rodney, It's wasn't my fault.
Speaker 4: Shoot me, it was the fun. Shout out to seventy one. Shout out to seventy one. Okay, yes, Tuman played a good football game, but you'll think that's doing the number seventy seven though, Man, don't even get me started. Shout out to seventy one. He played well, will be back. Yeah, he's gonna be back. You're gonna get enough.
Speaker 2: You're enough enough to qualify for Pro Bowl. Ain't gonna get up games qualifying qualify. He'll be back, man, He's gonna be.
Speaker 4: What do you think about seventy one player tackle this week? Do you feel confident in his ability?
Speaker 2: It look good? I thought it looked good. And I think if you are seventy.
Speaker 4: Seven, you looking at seventy one like I better hurry up and get back in here.
Speaker 2: You know it's motivation.
Speaker 4: It's got to be motivation for you when you see a young guy doing what he's doing when ready to play.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what we saw seventy seven for the first time, fully dressed, standing on the sideline. I don't think we've not since I've seen him play, have I seen him? I don't want to call it a healthy scratch or whatever they call it. He's standing over there on the sideline, fully dressed and not playing. Oh he wasn't, no healthy scratch, well, whichever it was, whichever it was, seventy one in there playing has to add. I mean, look, regardless if he gets first dips wherever, because he's got the money, it's got to be something in his head like, look, man, is this the end? Literally, because they're going on without you, they're not. Look, chum Dogga, right now he's getting those reps.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 4: That's as soon as seventy seven is ready, you know what, I agree whatever until Thomas said he ain't playing it right.
Speaker 2: Look at last year.
Speaker 3: Okay, man, man, when he wants to play, there's a man upstairs right the checks seventy seven ready to go here.
Speaker 4: He didn't played two weeks in a row. And also what a difference this offensive line looks like when seventies out there?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's.
Speaker 4: He held us own out there too, Thylas Smith be outis Zach Martin. You're gonna run the ball almost any time you want to. Ter Steell, I seen him pull.
Speaker 5: God, wait a minute, and you're able to step up with you got that right there. It don't really matter what's coming on the edges, because're gonna be able to step up with that. A few times Terror still had a whoa, what's going.
Speaker 2: On over there?
Speaker 7: Ye?
Speaker 2: I'm in the running game? He pulled? Why they have my dog out there trying to block? Man? Why did have forty two out there trying to pick up the balls?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: Because because somebody had hipp injuries.
Speaker 4: Bro that that didn't look at it.
Speaker 2: It wasn't meant. It wasn't mean.
Speaker 4: Man hold on and they blowing do something? Davis shout out the turping. You know, a lot a lot of players contributed, Yes, everybody yesterday. But I remember we had that over under talk about CD lamb and at this rate, mm hmm, it's what's going on? What's going on with this man? What's going on with it's the offense for Texas, Texas.
Speaker 2: Off but it's also the way been coast. You know, you're up by fourteen, you're up about twenty one.
Speaker 4: You don't know that, But do you think that's the source of maybe whatever quote unquote frustration for for him because he's in the contract year. Man, he's playing for a contract and he got to look on the on the deep ball to Faye, ball was awesome, but he's got to be looking at these numbers and like, you know, look just Jay Jeff is about to get his contract. It's a lot, you know, it's a lot of things happening for him. He probably feels like he's a guy on the outside of all of that.
Speaker 2: Still, but you're getting done. You don't want to be that guy that's like, man, I understand what he's going at me. Contract. That's got to be tough.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: You want your you want you, you want your targets and all that. You want to.
Speaker 4: Look, you don't want to be like Brown out here. If they win, they to a shootout, Lamb is gonna get it. He gonna get his targets. They just they haven't been in that situation except with Arizona.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter. Two things.
Speaker 3: One the owner wants he gonna get bad. Two so the own deal with Cooper, so I ain't gonna make that. He's gonna do that again. And he wears the eighty eight, so he's when the owner company, you will tell you where he's golden man. He's the only the only guy since he's on the team.
Speaker 2: You think about who's one of eighty eight.
Speaker 3: It's only one dude who got run off, but Bryant Antonio through the jersey and parcels face. Other than that, you're gonna get a second contract. You're gonna be made. You're gonna be made now. And the reason why Davis got got your boy got it.
Speaker 2: That's your guys. That wasn't the owner. You're gott dropping dive. You don't do it again? It again?
Speaker 4: That I got no coming to Yeah yeah, like Rodney right, har your boys, bro?
Speaker 2: What's up? Your your guys, all three of y'all? See who's next?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Who else you mentor I'm not giving up my lists? Might be like you do know it now? I'm good.
Speaker 3: In fact that you guys got Missouri this week five and oh so listen your favorite your favorite this week. Whos gonna watch it? I don't know the spn our defense is trash, bro. I don't want my feeling.
Speaker 2: Don't lose faith, Brian Kelly. I had to. I would have to have it to lose it. You ain't got faith in counts Bro.
Speaker 4: He came down there with the fake casion accent, dancing all in the video and got and got him in the CC title game, man Bro in the in the down years, and we got smoked.
Speaker 2: By George in the title game. That's not just a lot of folks got smoked by George and the title game, you know what I'm saying, not an SEC title game. They didn't. We got smoked.
Speaker 4: I believe half we got smoked by We got beat by a m after we beat Bama.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know I'm gonna be alright.
Speaker 4: Twenty nineteen for ten years, Kelly, we could have twenty twenty nine with that national Championship double you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Fran Kelly, go win sc before you leave. I hope. So I'm possible. I want the university to do well. Victory Monday for yes, Victory Monday.
Speaker 4: He picked He picked the Patriots, though I'm saying true to my list. I'm staying true to my list. Don't don't play me thirteen and four. I'm the only one picking thirteen four.
Speaker 2: You had twenty to seventeen, right, something like that? Something nothing? Did you take the look? I don't, but you stick it to you. Hey, listen to my list? Hey, moving forward? All right?
Speaker 4: The list is the list, but you pick how you feeling that week. Because I want to hear this issues for the rest of the time.
Speaker 2: I got thirteen and four with Craig before we get somebody. Let's get the young Barros side of the table with this bro. Let's get the run down out of here before we go for the score.
Speaker 3: So Atlanta Jacksonville, Jacksonville wins it twenty three to seven.
Speaker 2: Bell was the worst one. Bell you had Jacksonville, Dan, you had Jacksonville. I had Jacksonville, you had it. That's the worst one. Miami Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Everybody had Miami Buffalo beat in forty eight twenty does Denver Chicago? Denver comes back wins it thirty one twenty eight? I had Denver, Church had Denver. Let's right team, Mac had Denver.
Speaker 2: Heck Chicago.
Speaker 6: God, that is in the fire right now. Tuily.
Speaker 2: Everybody had Philly. Philly wins it thirty four to twenty one.
Speaker 3: Baltimore at Cleveland, Baltimore rolls twenty eight.
Speaker 2: To three to shine.
Speaker 3: Watson was out, couldn't get a masseousse to get the shoulders straights. So I had Cleveland Victnam, I had Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Church, you had Baltimore. Heck you have Baltimore's.
Speaker 3: Game back we had, you had Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I'm at them up now.
Speaker 3: Dallas, New England thirty eight to three, Captain what I had Dallas Church?
Speaker 2: Heck between Mac you had job. Man, we get a job.
Speaker 3: Monday night football Seattle at the Giants, all right, So let.
Speaker 2: Me go ahead and take at the Giants most of it. Yes, it is at the Giants.
Speaker 3: Gives me a Geno Smith twenty eight to fourteen, Special BC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, give me a give me Seattle twenty eight seven. I need to make us a room. Yeah, man, you go, you go, do you man?
Speaker 4: No, man, I'm going to you know, y'all we all going with your heads on the Chicago yall. He was nervous. Twenty Yeah, that's bad, y'all. Man, Well, y'all, y'all, y'all was shaking that's bad ball.
Speaker 2: Who you got had, sir? We mean I got Seattle. What's you score? My Seattle score twenty four thirteen?
Speaker 3: All right, that is the placelane talk to ball right Downscowns dot Com rating bad.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.