Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Jason cha Fitz and I am fired up filling in for Sean Hannity. He was a little under the weather. We'll get him back in the back in the saddle real soon. But I gotta tell you, I'm I'm fired up. I'm excited. There's so much to talk about. We got some great guests coming up, Governor Walker, the former governor of Wisconsin. And we also have Rob Schneider. You know Rob Schneider, you've seen him Saturday Night Live, the comedian. He's awesome. We got a lot of things though, that are happening every thing, from the Supreme Court talking about immigration, talking about guns. We got America two fifty. We got socialists, crazy socialists doing crazy things all around the country and winning some elections in crazy town, New York City. We got the zombie filibuster. We got to talk about that because Save America acts on the line. There oh devastation in Venezuela. This is a horrific story, sad story, but one of those stories where you just can't turn your head away and just ignore that it didn't happen. In a death toll coming out of Venezuela with the with the earthquake is just it is really a sad thing. I'm gonna talk a little bit about drones, you know, homeland securities out there saying, hey, this is one of the biggest threats. I've been talking about this for years. I really do think one of the biggest threats to the homeland drones and how do we defend against them. So we're gonna talk a little bit about drones, and then we're going to talk about people doing stupid stuff, because you know what, there's always somebody doing something stupid somewhere and there is no doubt that that is happening across the country. But thank you for joining us, and again we're gonna get through all of this. A quick note here about this socialism, these ideas that oh they're gonna put roop beer and all the drinking fountains and everything. It'll be free. You know, every every time you hear the Democrats, we're just one good tax increase away from prosperity in their country. That's what they need. We need to increase taxes because you know, the stats on this are absolutely unbelievable. Our federal government will spend roughly twenty three percent of our gross domestic product. And then when you add in the fifteen percent that state and local government has, roughly thirty eight percent or thirty eight cents out of every dollar spent in this country is spent by government. It is a stunningly high number. And yet Democrats will be out there saying, Oh, we need more, we got to do more, all of the more. Hey, you know what, folks, I want to talk about taxes, but I also want to talk about making sure that we cut spending because if you don't starve the beast, this monster will continue to grow and grow and grow. So thank goodness, you know, we got a good president who understands this. Donald Trump is out there doing what he can. He's going to be making the biggest difference in our economy, unlike Joe Biden, Barack Obama, and Kamala Harris. Oh my goodness. Can you imagine if Kamala Harris was still or had at chieve is still in office, and that she had arisen and become the president of the United States of America. Oh my goodness. Let's start first with America two fifty because you know what, next week one of the greatest celebrations. It's something that should last, not just a day, not just a weekend. It's something that should fill our hearts from coast to coast all the time. And I think this country being under the attack like it is, particularly from what I believe is a socialist thrust that is not just organic here in the United States. I think it's being funded and pushed by others around the globe. But the idea that freedom, prosperity, self reliance, self governance, that those are offensive to those of the socialist like I think we need to teach that, we need to talk about that. And part of the protests and part of the things we're seeing, yeah, I think they're funded. I think it's organized. But I think part of the reason we have somebody who's so gullible to think that socialism will be the answer to all of our problems. That's a consequence of an education system. It's also a consequence of parents and lack of respect and teaching people the idea of these principles of you know, things like self reliance, Those things aren't taught in our schools. If you don't stand up every day and pledge allegiance to the flag, if you don't understand the history of our nation and those who have given so much, millions upon millions, who have lost their lives defending our country. Then guess what, folks, You end up with socialists who are thriving. And now fortunately it's not happening a coast to coast. You see the World Cup right now. You may not be a soccer fan. I happen to be a big soccer fan. I love it. I grew up playing it. Love love the sport. I love watching the English Premier League. But tew to tell you the patriotism that you see at those matches, that's pretty good. I mean they're singing John Denver take me Home Country Road. I mean it's just an amazing site. Red white and blue, people waving the flag. Love it, love it. But unfortunately there are a lot of people that don't love this country the way maybe you and I love this country, and so this is a problem. Now, there are things that we need to do immediately in order to protect our integrity. And one of those things is, I believe, is the effort that we need to put in for protecting the integrity of the vote. You know, a lot of places, my home state of Utah included. Utah does all vote by mail. You could go somewhere if you really wanted to in vote in person, but it's it's vote by mail. So you know, a ballot goes into the mail and then it shows up if you're you know, next to the Burger coupons or your local furniture store and you know it's just there, and then you know you can get around to putting it in the Maybe you put it in the mailbox, maybe you don't. Maybe you do it at the drop off at the county wherever the county decides to do it. Maybe you don't. But I've got to tell you, integrity of the vote far out ways convenience in what we should be doing as a nation. You know, we just had a primary day. We had one in Utah and we had one in other states across the country. Did it feel like it was an election day? Because the voter turnout was aesthetic. It was incredibly low. I remember when I was growing up, my parents they would take me, especially my mom. I remember my mom. We would go and we would stand in line because it was time to vote, and our friends and neighbors would be there and it was always a long line. But you're talking to your friends and neighbors. These aren't strangers there. You know a lot of people I guess I don't know in my neighborhood, but a lot of people I do. Oh, Hi Shelley, Hi James, you know, whoever it might be. And then we'd finally get up there. My mom would show her driver's license, and then we'd go into this little booth and you had that little metal thing and you could push the ballot and close the little curtain and they'd take it. You know, my mom would let me pop it into the box and there were people there monitoring it. That was a tradition when we've lost that in this nation. So here you have Senator Mike Lee and certainly a lot of others who are very supportive of the Save America Act. How Republicans can't vote for that? And by the way, I think majority have and will. But I know there's a bigger, broader discussion to be had. But come on, senators, you gotta stop being so darn lazy, as Mike Lee. Senator Mike Lee has pointed out time and time and time again or not talking about changing the Senate rules, But we look at all the days they have in recess and the weekends. They should take a take a page out of Nancy Pelosi's playbook. Now, I just got to serve in Congress for eight plus years. You know how Nancy Pelosi would deal with this. Nancy Pelosi would take I remember, and it's and I'm gonna get the number just wrong, but it's something like seven hundred and eighty seven billion dollar package. And she waited until the very end. It was like and again the date, I have to get look at the calendar, but it was like December twenty third. It finally came up on the floor of the House. And you know what, it came up on the floor of the House then, because America was already engaged with Christmas, it was Friday, everybody wanted to go home, and suddenly she had the votes and made it happen. That's what I believe Senator Thune, the majority leader majority leader, should be doing and saying, sorry, folks, we're going to stand here and debate this all day, every day. This is what we're going to do. If it fails, we're going to bring it up again. It takes that kind of leadership to say we are going to do this until this passes. I am the majority leader. I was elected to do this. It is the President's number one priority. Our senators are behind it, and it will save this nation. Where's that backbone? Why don't they stand up and do that? And you know what, just because let's pretend it fails on a test vote, bring it up again. And I don't care what topic it might be. It can be the Save America Act, it can be something really important. That's why you're put into the majority. That's why Americans donated their money. That's why they work to get the majority of Republicans in place. That's what that has to do. Happen. But instead we're like, no, we can go on recess. It was easter. Yeah you need two weeks off. Hey we got fourth of July. Everybody go home. Make them stand there and do that all night. Guess what. They're a fairly elderly crowd. Let's be let's be respectful, but let's also understand they're gonna run out of gas. And if the only off ramp is to vote yes, the Republicans will come around. And that is that's what has to happen. No change in the rules. Just don't let senators say nah, I'm I object and not have to actually take the hard vote and let them do that all day every day. I get a little fired up on this one. I get a little passionate about this one. So we got a lot to talk about on the show today. We've got, you know, this zombie filibuster. The voting for the Save America. I think that goes hand in glove with America two fifty. It also goes hand in glove with the way, but the opposite. The opposition is trying to sell America. You don't have to worry about anything. You don't have to pay for college. We're going to have a government run store. Everything's going to be cheap. We're gonna make your buses free. Everything is going to be great. Oh, we don't need billionaires. How dare there be billionaires? Oh and we got to get rid of millionaires. Wait, why should everybody that is not who America is? That is the opportunity, the equality for opportunity is what we stand for. It's not the equity or guaranteeing the inc The result be the same for everybody that gets rid of the incentive to be that hardworking American and do what they need to do to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and make the country great. It's a work program, and they don't like that. But those who have actually had success and created great income and create a great wealth, Yeah, you can't just go confiscate that and just decide to hand it out to everyone else, because that's ultimately the decision. Right The decision on taxes is a decision of should I pull money from somebody's wallet and give it to somebody else? And right now, thirty eight cents out of every dollar, as I pointed out a moment ago, thirty eight cents out of every dollar in our gross domestic product is being spent by government. Who can spend that better? That money better? We can? You can, I can. I don't want to have our government doing that. Now. There's certain things we have to do, seeing certain things that we should be doing. But you know what, as we celebrate the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of our nation, let's give some pause in some respect for the inspiration that are found fathers had for creating the documents, the separation of powers, and creating that opportunity that creates the greatest country on the face of the planet. So those are some of the thoughts. We got a lot to talk about. Like I said, we got some good interviews coming up with Governor Walker, Rob Schneider, others. Brandon Gill will be here. We're going to be chatting with him. He's one of our favorites out of Texas, rising star in the Republican Party. So we got lots to talk about. I'm Jason Chafitz filling in for Sean Hannity. Thanks for joining us, Stay with us. We're going to be right back.
Speaker 2: I am stood next to Daddia Lisa and I have said our next congressman, and I've said these words in the way that many of us will say in shah lah.
Speaker 1: In the beginning.
Speaker 2: We hope, but we don't know how close it is. Closer and closer we get to the day, the more that we believe. And now that language of hope is a language of fact.
Speaker 1: Ay yeah, yeah, that's Mayor Mom Donnie celebrating yet another Democratic socialist winning a seat uh there in New York City. And the country better wake up. But the country better figure out that that there are those who do not have the same values or same approach that they've learned to put a pretty smile, pretty face on it. But it is so fundamentally different than what the United States of America I believe, in my personal opinion, truly believes in, and that the socialists want that equity, They want that sameness of outcome, and they are willing to take the means of production, the mean of your success, the means of people, and be able to use that and give it to somebody else just because they think that's what they want to do. And I think that we have got to pay attention as a country and as a nation because this is some scary stuff, folks. And they are winning some elections and yeah, it's it's in some of the most liberal places on our on our on our planet. But wake up, America. We're turning two hundred and fifty for a reason. Let's make sure that we do the right thing, because it is the greatest country on the face of the planet. Stay with us, We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: You can't always get what you want, but you can get Sean Hannity online at Hannity dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm Jason chaff it's filling in for Sean Hanny. He's it's just a little bit under the weather. So I'm really thrilled, honored. Did I get to fill in for him? And we got a couple guests. You got to hear this story. It really is amazing, and so we're happy and thrilled to be joined by the former governor Scott Walker. He's now actually the president of the Young Americas Foundation, often called Yeah or YAF, but Governor Walker's here along with Jackson Barrick. Nobody's ever heard of Jackson Barrick, but you have. Now we're going to hear his story. Governor Walker, jack thank you so much for joining us on Hannity.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jason, thanks for having us on. Appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you too, Jackson. You ever done national radio before?
Speaker 5: No, but I got to admit my handshaking a little bit. I'm pretty nervous being on this right now. Behave We're going to power through it.
Speaker 1: Hey, the three of us were just going to have a conversation. Deep breaths, You'll be good. You got a story to tell.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Governor, let's let's start with You're you're involved and engaged in helping Jackson here. Why what's going on? Tell us the story?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, and Jackson's going to be great because he's going to tell what unfortunately is happening not only at the University of Minnesota, but far too many campuses across the country. As you and I both know from our time in office, you know, the Constitution itself guarantees free speech spelled out very clearly now as much as it's ever been. But on college campus it should be more than respected, it should be revered. And yet only tragically these days where it's often is where it's most at risk, and so Young America's Foundation partners in this case with the Southeastern Legal Foundation to push back when colleges and universities administrators and student government leaders push policies that really put students at risk. As we like to say, if you're under attack, yeah's got you back, And in this case, it's policies that they have that not just for conservative but I just think everyday students who think, hey, I don't have to abide by this pronoun policy. I don't have to try to have people tell me that if I think it's crazy that someone who was born in Man can't be pregnant, or that men shouldn't compete in women in sports, those shouldn't be violations of the policy at any university, let alone the University of Minnesota. And that's why we're trying to help students like Jackson and others deal with this.
Speaker 1: All right, So Jackson, you're a student at the University of Minnesota. What are you studying?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I study public health through the school publut Health there. So yeah, big into healthcare.
Speaker 1: Oh big, good for you, Good for you. Yeah, you'll be gainfully employed for a long time. That's it's healthcare is a big part of our future. But tell us what happened? What was the expectation and but then what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I suppose the best way of kind of explaining is is kind of the expectation that the university sets, and the university essentially sets the standard that whatever they constitute is, you know, speech that they don't like or wherever they consider harassment. It's pretty much up to their determination and whoever's reading it. So I, for example, if I go into a classroom and I kind of look right at look left, being like, hey, am I able to say that a man's not a woman? I mean, if I say that, I can face expulsion under the policy. I mean, in the past couple of years alone, over twenty students have violated this policy and result in academic probation or suspensions. So, I mean, this is a pretty serious issue. Misaffects what seventy thousand students across five different campuses, So this is a huge issue. And as Governor Walker said, this is not just a U of M isolate a incident. Their policies like this all over the country. And it's frankly ridiculous in my mind that these insane policies are able to stay as they are without people finding them. So I'm very grateful to YAFF and also to the Southeastern Legal Foundation for helping us make sure that this policy is corrected and to make sure that other students don't feel pressured or silenced based on the university policy.
Speaker 1: So my understanding, Governor is that the University of Minnesota has a pronoun policy, and it requires all members of the university to use quote the names, gender identities, and pronouns specified to them by other university members, except as legally required end quote. I mean, how, I mean, what's the right the answer to this?
Speaker 4: Well, again, this is ridiculous. Combine it with their sexual harassment policy, and by the way, we believe obviously legitimate sexual harassment is wrong, but they extend the boundaries here to just any sort of discussion, any sort of public comments on this, and particularly you got someone like Jackson, who's studying public health won the idea that just a few years ago, all of three of us on the line right now and most of the people listening, not everyone listening, but public health meant that you were either born a man or you're born a woman. That there weren't things and they weren't distinguishable as being distinguishingly different. And yet on college and universities like the University of Minnesota, they're trying the last few years trying to not only argue that that is different, but that anyone who even raises the issue now is suddenly in violation these policies. Or as you mentioned with the pronoun policy, if someone who a day ago showed up in your class as a man now suddenly decides he's a woman and you say he's she, or not knowing exactly what's going on, you could be in violation of this policy. It's absolutely ridiculous and unenforceable under the constitution.
Speaker 1: So Jackson. Where did you grow up? Did you grow up in Minnesota?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I live right now. When I grew up about thirty minutes south of the Twin Cities, so Minneapolis is kind of my second home away from home.
Speaker 1: So I mean, tell me about your college experience as opposed to you know, growing up in you know, your neighborhoods, your parents and family and friends or whatever. What is this? What are you learning from this? What is this teaching you? What is this showing you?
Speaker 5: I think the biggest message and it's and it's quite simple, but I think it's the truest that defines the urban centers versus the suburbs which I grew up in. I think is that you really can't help people until they help themselves. It's that like you have to want to understand what other people believe before you can give that to them. Like again, like I don't want people to feel full first to believe what I believe.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 5: I don't want people to believe that or to believe that they are forced to believe what I believe. I just want people to have access to different ideas and to understand why people think differently. Just like tens of millions of other Americans do, so I think that's the biggest difference between or growing uprided in the urban centers.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, well said Jackson. Let me ask you one more thing here. You I mean, you say that so eloquently. I'm I'm impressed with your kind of mature approach to this, But there are others that don't believe that. You know, it'd be a lot easier for you, Jackson to just kind of stay quiet, study, just be off to the side. Well why why do you Why are you putting your name out there? Why are you putting your voice out on this one?
Speaker 5: I think it just kind of speaks my own personal experience. I mean, I grew up like many people did here in Minnesota, thinking that you know, modern or kind of even like even passive Democrats or the Second Coming of Christ. And I kind of had to do my own research and was experienced to do opinions and ideas, and I formulated my own and I wish that more people I had that overcoming experience of being able to formulate their new ideas and be able to flash them on, be able to defend them reasonably. But you don't really see that in university campuses. It's I grew up this way and I'm just kind of continuing down the apparatic timeline for lack of a better phrase, that I was kind of destined to or that my parents put me on.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: People need to be exposed to different ideas and to be able to defend their ideas based on what they believe, because if you have an idea with no spine, that doesn't really hold a grand salt at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Governor, we're talking, of course, to Governor Scott Walker. You've been the president for the Young America's Foundation. I mean, it really is about the youth and the future and having people like Jackson all across the country stand up and say, you know, this is what I believe, and I believe in our country. I believe in values, I believe in morality. I believe in things that are so important to the foundation and success of our country long term. What's your word of encouragement? What do you see in Jackson and what do you hope others will do across the country.
Speaker 4: Well, I think Jackson's you know, good Midwest nice there. Taking a page out of Donald Reagan's playbook from years ago and We're proud to be affiliated with him over the years. But this being firmed, being strong, being logical, being based in common sense, but being respectful. I mean, this is the irony that I would guess that many of the administrators at the University of Minnesota have signs on the front lawn that say tolerance and things they're not tolerant, as Jackson pointed out, people who have different viewpoints. College is the place we should have a debate, You should have a dialogue, you should have a discussion. But sadly, tragically it's been a place where anybody who's center right, not just conservative, but anywhere in the middle to the right, just gets plowed over about his ridiculous policies. The good news is even in these days, even places like California, the constitution. Constitution still works. We won cases even in that far west coast. We're going to win in Minnesota all across the country because our founder's had it right and the constitutions on our side to protect these fundamental rights.
Speaker 1: You know, isn't it ironic, Governor that the Democratic Party, you know, it cut its teeth on being quote unquote liberals by being the protectors of free speech and I look at where they are now, and they do everything they could. I remember it wasn't too long ago where they tried to put in, you know, under Joe Biden, they tried to put in that thought police. You know that if you said something wrong that somehow homeland security was going to be all over you. I mean today's liberal Democrats, like, how do they look themselves in the mirror. They're so fundamentally totally different than some of their origins.
Speaker 4: Well, it's like the thought police and the old of a union, or tragically, even in Nazi Germany under socialism, the idea that oppressors keep free thought, keep political opponents, keep people from different viewpoints. In America, that's one of the beauties here. You can think and do whatever you want. You can debate that, discuss that. But it shouldn't be a radical thought to say that America is an exceptional country, to say that our founders were visionary people, or to say simple things like we're talking about here, like women that should be protected from men and women's sports. Those are things that are just logical statements that I think the vast majority of Americans believe in. But there's a very loud minority, particularly in places like New York City these days, who want to shut the rest of us out. We're not going to let that happen.
Speaker 1: Jackson, you've digested all this, You've proven that you can do national radio no problem. You got the voice for it, and you got the right you can articulate. That's good. So I have no doubt you can do this, and hopefully we'll do it again. As we kind of wrap up this segment, what are your last thoughts, what are your words of encouragement? What would you like to see the University of Minnesota do.
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 5: First off, I want to say thank you for the kind words. I'm blushing off camera here because of your nice cities. I will say though, that the university just change the policy. I mean, the loss of itself has one dollar in damages, so it's not going for money. We just want to change in the policy that allows for free speech. And as the governor said, what is the Declaration of Independence say life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. So keep that liberty, keep America going for two hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 1: It does say a lot that you're seeking damages of a dollar. It really is about policy and setting the precedent and having the University of Minnesota catch up with the rest of the world, and just making sure that free speech is actually free speech. What an argument. I really do appreciate it. Again, the former governor, Scott Walker, president of the Young America's Foundation, and Jackson Barrick, good luck to you in the world of healthcare and glad you're involved. Thanks so much for joining us on Hannity. Stay with us. We're going to come right.
Speaker 3: Back a daily heat seeking missile of information that you won't get anywhere else Anitay's on.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: They say every vote counts. Yeah, yeah, everybody sees that and they think, yeah, every vote counts. Really that does every vote really count? Well, all you have to do is go look at what's going on in Sioue City, South Dakota. Over thirty six thousand votes were cast in the mayoral race. You know what separates the two candidates two votes? Two votes. One vote out of thirty six thousand goes the other direction, and it's a tie. So think about now. They say, oh, there might be a recount. Yeah, there's going to be a recount. But I feel for these two candidates and somehow, some way, but you're they're fighting to be mayor and it's two votes out of thirty six thousand, so yes, every vote does count, particularly in Sue City, South Dakota. So yeah, let's make sure and get out there and vote again. I'm filling in for Sean Hannity. I'm Jason chaf Hits.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You can follow Sean obviously on Twitter at Sean Hannity. We're going to be taking some calls, so if you want to call in. First of all, at the top of the hour, we've got Congressman Brandon gil you all like him. He's been doing some great stuff on oversight, So Brandon Gill is coming up. But after that we're going to try to take some calls. The number one eight hundred nine one seven three two six seven three two six or Sean, So eight hundred nine four one Sean, do that. We'll try to get to your calls. And I also hope that you have a chance to go over and check out my podcast, Jason in the House, So anywhere you listen to podcasts, just type in Jason in the House. It's my Twitter handle. Did we call it that anymore? Sorry? My ex handle Instagram. I even have a photography I like doing wildlife photography, so check out Chafitz Photography on Instagram. You can check that out. But I hope you get a chance to check out my podcast, Jason in the House and my social media along the way. John is kind enough to let me talk a little bit about that. We got a lot coming up. And Rob Schneider remember him Saturday Night Live. Funny, funny dude, he loves this country, loves it. And Brandon Gill coming back at the top of the hour, So stay with us, you don't want to miss it. We're going to be right back hanging there with us. We'll see us soon.