Speaker 1: We have delayed long enough. We are at the start of season six of Pod Meets World, Season six of Boy Meets World. Season six of Pod Meets World. We have arrived, and as always, I want to start off this episode before we get into our recap with do you remember what you did the summer of nineteen ninety eight, which would have been the summer between seasons five and six. This episode aired September twenty fifth, So that summer, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Wow, it was a big summer for me. Yeah, Then you start because I don't remember. I did a movie and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know which one.
Speaker 2: Okay, many movies, I know.
Speaker 1: We have to we have to be close to narrowing it down. It couldn't have been.
Speaker 2: It was any double Well do you go first, rider, No, I was fat in et double hockey sticks and I wasn't fat yet, so I can't So it wasn't that.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what I did.
Speaker 2: But don't body shame young will. Yeah, so you go first, Well, Well, why was this such a big year for you?
Speaker 1: Ninety eight?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I started by going to Montreal to make a movie, which I did for a month and it was just the best time, because which movie the greatest City. It was called The Packed.
Speaker 2: It might have ended up being called The Secret Pack. No, it's called The Pact. It's not great, not good, but a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: And you know, I just got to be in Montreal, which at eighteen was the greatest place on earth.
Speaker 2: I just had. Yeah, it was like a great time. People came to visit me, My friends can visit me.
Speaker 3: Shot the movie, had a blast, and then I was already planning and this. Once the movie was over, I went back home and loaded up a car with my two best friends and a bunch of camera gear and sound equipment, and we drove a six week road trip around the country interviewing people. We were trying to make a documentary, and we would just stop in towns and interview people. It was very much my like Ghost of Tom Joe tour, Like I'm gonna you know, what was.
Speaker 1: The documentary going to be about America?
Speaker 3: We were like sort of somewhat politically motivated, but we wanted to keep it open, so we were calling it United States of Mind. And we were driving around. It was like, you know, interviewing people about I don't know. We had I could find the question somewhere. They were way too generic, you know, in retrospect.
Speaker 2: Probably should have had a focus, but it was like, we're going to find America, We're gonna okay, it was just all this, you know eight Did you ever cut something together? Like was there a film?
Speaker 3: No, But we have so much footage. And then we did it again ten years later. So I did it again when I was twenty eight with the same friends. So I have footage from two summers of my life with them in the car.
Speaker 2: I mean so much of it.
Speaker 3: We were doing interviews everywhere we stopped, but so much of it is just like us filming ourselves, and that now is probably more valuable to me than the interview is, of course, because we were like horrible interviewers in retrospect and bad filmmakers.
Speaker 2: But we have all this footage.
Speaker 3: So I have, like, you know, I don't know, sixty hours of footage of that summer of ninety eight, and yeah, we watched all the footage, like the next that fall we watched, so like that summer is so engraved, like everybody I met, all the experiences because I watched the video back at one point to potentially edit it into a film. Like that summer is etched in my memory.
Speaker 2: It was a beautiful time.
Speaker 3: It was like, you know, a dream come true road trip. But that's why when I came back in this season, I think Sean takes a road trip, and the producers were like, can we find the footage of your road trip?
Speaker 1: Oh man?
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, that makes me uncomfortable, and I didn't hand over any of my own actual footage. But yeah, so writers Real road Trip inspired Sean on road Trip in Blame.
Speaker 1: It's world interesting. You know, you're only three years away from then if you did it in ninety eight and then you did it again in two thousand and eight, right, you're only three years away from the twenty like twenty and twenty years later since that one, if you.
Speaker 2: Did it again, I know, there you go.
Speaker 1: It'll be kind of cool.
Speaker 2: You know. I know.
Speaker 3: I think the original idea was like every ten years, but thirty eight came and went, so yeah, Danielle Hawaii.
Speaker 1: And you know, this should be like a pretty memorable summer for me. It was the year, the summer before I went into my senior year of high school. So we're almost about to meet Lance. That's like I'm almost about to meet Lance like this this fall, this nineteen ninety eight fall is when we did the inter the live episode, the TGIF episode where I met Lance, and then because then Prom of ninety nine is, you know, when we went to prom together. So I think this should be kind of memorable for me, but I don't really think it is. This may I don't. I don't remember what I did. I definitely went to Hawaii and you got your tan on, im a tan on, and that's that's really all I remember.
Speaker 2: You seem so different to me in this episode.
Speaker 3: I agree show up and I was like, oh, Danielle grew up.
Speaker 2: But I felt that way about the three of you. I thought you and Ben exactly the same. I thought I at the same And.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, this is not a continuation because she has a completely different presence. Like from the last scene of last episode to the first scene of this.
Speaker 2: I was like, that is a different human being. It's so profound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I think one of the differences and I don't know what would have happened or why it would have what would have changed, but I think Ben and I there was a shift in our relationship where we became like I think we became very good friends around this time. Like Ben and I were closer in this season, this season and the seventh season than maybe we had ever been before. And there is a fun there's a lightness to me. There's a fun I'm having with him.
Speaker 2: But there's also a depth that wasn't there. I think it's common. I think that's what I think it comes off.
Speaker 3: And Danielle as an actress and then Tapanga as a character has like belongs here. Now you know that this is the main storyline of Boy Means World that you have you are a regular, that you are the star of the show with Ben, Like it feels like you are comfortable with that in a way that last season, even even with all the ups and downs, right, and maybe there was the sense that you could get replaced, like maybe like young Danielle was like, oh, maybe I'm going to be written off the show to go to Yale, Like I feel there might have acted. But now with the marriage and everything, it's like coming into the season, you're like, I belong here, I'm an actor.
Speaker 1: I'm not going anywhere, And and you're right that that confidence is probably what's playing into me feeling like my relationship with Ben is different where I feel more like an equal with my fellow co stars instead of well, there's no longer Corey and Sean.
Speaker 2: It's Corey and Panga. That's this is officially Corey into Panga. I mean it was if there was a couple going, you know, the last two seasons or three seasons, four seasons, it was Corey and Sean, and now it's Corey into Pang. It's completely true, completely true.
Speaker 3: So and and and it's funny that they bring in Rachel right away because it's like.
Speaker 2: We need another woman to be like fawning over and like an object.
Speaker 1: Out to the taken women. The taken women have to remain chased and pure exactly, and we can't objectify them, right, so we need to bring in a woman to objectify exactly.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's exact kind of what it's feels like.
Speaker 3: It feels like to Peg and Corey are off doing their thing, and that's not I will guarantee you that's not how it was said in the room.
Speaker 2: What was said in the room is what would be funny is if we put Jack and Eric in a love triangle with somebody. Yeah, that's what how they pitched it, but what it really was is, yeah, we need a woman that we can sexualize because we can't do it with Japanga or with Angela or or right, so we need to have Morgan.
Speaker 1: So we all the female characters on the show. There's no Lonnie, there's no there's no like, Who's who do we turn into an object?
Speaker 3: We've got the Madonna who could we drool over and make jokes about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: But before we're starting with our we're starting with season six. Will what did you do between the summary? I did a movie? I don't know.
Speaker 2: So did you do a movie every summery? You say?
Speaker 1: Are there? Yeah? How many did you do?
Speaker 2: You did my day with the President's daughter Trojan War. It wasn't this then.
Speaker 1: Gift of Love, Gift of Love?
Speaker 2: No, that was one with Andy Griffith, with my with my amazing Southern accent, which I didn't tell me I had to have until the morning on the set. Then there was my educating Mom.
Speaker 1: So with educating Mom, maybe maybe it was educating mom because we haven't talked about that one. Educating Mom Educating Mom.
Speaker 2: Educating Mom was Jane Kesmerck played my Mom and Lacey Shavert played my little sister, and it was a mom who goes back to high school with.
Speaker 3: Her kid in after school specially, it wasn't after Madison with Mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know I did. I did one ever year pretty much. Yeah, yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: I did a movie every year.
Speaker 1: Educating Mom came out in nineteen ninety six. Okay, then it wasn't that one.
Speaker 2: And I know that h Doable hockey Sticks came out in ninety nine because I remember specifically j.
Speaker 1: Double hockey sticks. No, this is the summer of ninety eight.
Speaker 2: It can't be because my hair was cut for Hidable hockey sticks and I had to wear the wig. That's when I had my panic attacks started then, so I remember that summer very well.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I did in ninety eight, but I did a movie of some sort and I just don't know which one it was, honestly, have no idea.
Speaker 1: Weird, Yeah, but that kudos to writer for having a memorable nineteen ninety eight. Yeah, Will and I will just wipe that year off off of the planet. Doesn't exist for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was my last year before panic attacks though, so big year.
Speaker 1: For a big year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big non memorable mental health year.
Speaker 1: Exactly. You didn't know that. You should have cherished every.
Speaker 2: Moment of exactly you never know cherish furis every moment absolutely.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Pod Meets World.
Speaker 2: I'm Daniel Fishel, I'm right or Strong, and I'm Wilfordell.
Speaker 1: Well, here we are, Season six, Episode one. His answer two, I'm assuming because it says part one.
Speaker 3: Is they say part one because it's supposed to be continued at the end, right, But then.
Speaker 1: It's definitely at the end it's Tapega's answer, So maybe the next one's called her answer part one. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh it is, Actually I don't know, because what was the end of the first The last episode of last season was called the Graduation, right, right, and it would also be the question.
Speaker 2: So then you get his answer, and then I think her answer would be not I think it is her answer or something along those lines for the next one.
Speaker 1: Well. It originally aired September twenty fifth, nineteen ninety eight. The synopsis when Tapega proposes to Corey at graduation, Corey is absolutely stunned. However, when everyone else has conflicting views on the subject, Corey and Topanga Quietly Slip Away to Elope. It was directed by Jeff McCracken. It was written by Bob Tishler. And we have a guest. Two guest stars this week, guest starring Bill Morey as Judge Bmiss. He is a character actor best known for the seventies cult classic Death Race two thousand and he was the voice of Mutt and Ricondo on the g I Joe cartoon. Yes, best cartoon ever, Yo Joe. My brother was obsessed with that cartoon as a kid's ardort. So well, yeah, So this is the first of two Boy Meets World episodes he will appear in. And he passed in two thousand and three at the age of eighty three. And then we have Connie Sawyer as Puffoufta Foofy, another familiar face. A character actor who is best known for her part in Dumb and Dumber, but appeared in other movies like Pineapple Express, Out of Sight, and was in one of the documentary couples when in When Harry Met Sally. She passed in twenty eighteen at the age of one hundred and five.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, I was gonna say twenty eighteen, one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Five hundred and five. She sleeping so well right now she's she is thrilled. She was also into Boy Meets World episodes.
Speaker 3: So you know, you guys, you guys know that beginning of when Harry met Sally, they actually they did real interviews with real people, recorded them, and then brought in actors to imitate that. Oh yeah, because it was like it was finding that line between like inserting actors and real you know, and it was like the real life people in some ways were like a little too real, you know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't as So. Yeah, it's an interesting I love that beginning.
Speaker 1: It's a little like our opening credits. Is it us or is it characters?
Speaker 2: That's one of the best movies of all time, of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we jump into our recap, what are your overall thoughts of the episode, I'll start if you want.
Speaker 2: Okay, always starts and I feel bad. I actually really liked it, Okay. I think I was expecting not to, and maybe that was one of the reasons. I thought it was funny. I love the family stuff. I like the people trying to I did not remember the many characters trying to talk them out of getting married, which I really liked. I liked people kind of being like, you're too young, what are you thinking? Eric is officially Eric and crazy. Rachel obviously is a character that makes no sense and has no point in being there other than being partially naked. Hopefully that will change, but in this first I mean, there's it's kind of ridiculous that she's there. But other than that, I was entertained for twenty two minutes. I laughed out loud a couple of times. I rewound a couple things. I remembered certain things from shooting.
Speaker 1: I actually enjoyed.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, good, oh cool writer, Yeah, not so much.
Speaker 2: I didn't like it at all. Yeah, I don't know, No, I don't know. I mean I guess.
Speaker 3: I feel like, yeah, it felt like a lot of like characters in a line debating for like the quarchbannga stuff like we're in a line in the kitchen, we're in a line in in the backyard. So it was that, like, let's theorize about Corey to Panga and love and it's like okay, and then.
Speaker 1: Like was it the blocking?
Speaker 2: Is it the blocking that bothered you or the actual dialogue that bothered you?
Speaker 3: There, it's the scene structure, like the idea like let's get all of the characters in a room and then have them hash it out. It's like that's not storytelling, that's like, you know, theorizing in character. And and then I felt that pressure on the actors to like make turns and to make things like like you, you know, obviously you're great, but like they putting you in position where you had to like make the transition or like deliver information and then make a joke which then gave you an exit line. And the same with Rusty. Poor Rusty had to like make these character turns on his own. Like it just felt I don't know, it just felt very like riterly and expositional. So and even the Corey to Panka stuff, which could be charged with like the fact that Corey's insecure and I don't know, like you two were funny together at times, but I don't know, I wanted more like the high jinks of pretending that you're not getting married or you know, and instead it became time to like hash it out.
Speaker 2: Let's sit in this car and talk, let's sit in this place and talk, let's sit you know.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, okay, yeah, I think I did enjoy the episode if I can just allow my criticisms of it to not affect the way I felt about the scenes, which is hard because I have some criticisms about it, But I think the biggest one if I were to make it just one criticism, and it would be that if you think about what they needed to what they wanted to happen in this episode, so much of the propelling of the story forward had to happen by making assumptions, like in one episode they wanted to go from they agree that they're going to get married, and then they tell their families that people are not happy about it, and then they go Elope. That's a lot to happen in twenty two minutes. And them somehow knowing that because Topanga and Corey slipped away they were going to Elope makes no sense to me. I would never have thought that if I were in a situation with my kids and I thought I would think, like, oh, yeah, they probably didn't want to hear us fighting and we were talking about them like they weren't even here, or maybe they went to go get ice cream.
Speaker 3: To have Sean inserted. That's why they have me say like, if there's one thing. I know Ory has a choice between tapanga and anything. It's you know, it's like okay, so yeah, but.
Speaker 2: It's also they it goes right from assuming Eric kind of saying I bet you they eloped to then assuming they did into then man, I wish I was at the wedding, like it became a real thing, like it was automatically.
Speaker 1: It's also weird that somebody just said I bet they went to go alope, and everyone was like, they're getting married. Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, everything you're talking about of you know, doing the answer deciding to get married eloping, you said twenty two minutes. It's not because there's a b story. It's like twelve minutes. I know, you're right every of having to do that entire storyline, and it's essentially now this is episode two of three, so we're in, you know, we're in Empire strikes back at this point. So we I mean, this was there was already one episode and now there's a saying I have no idea what happened to the third obviously, but I.
Speaker 1: Also said a little you know, I had a little funeral for the Eric. We know from here, I feel I feel like if if we ever thought Eric.
Speaker 2: Was coming before. Yeah, we're wrong, Eric, Eric's gone. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I will say, though, do you.
Speaker 2: Guys feel like it's a real difference?
Speaker 1: I really yeah, well what is that difference?
Speaker 3: Because I was trying to I felt it too, but I was trying to isolate what it was. To me, it feels less motivated or something's like.
Speaker 2: There's is more of a caricature. Yeah, there's no, there's no real moments anymore. There used to be this kind of balance between Eric having heart and having these real moments and then this wacky craziness, where now it's just solid wacky craziness. All the real moments are going on around him with other characters.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like every every opportunity you have to open your mouth, if you're not getting a laugh, if you're not delivering a joke, that it's not there. Like so it just feels like you're a joke machine as opposed to a real person.
Speaker 2: And that was my problem in season six and seven. That's what I would always talk about with Michael and stuff like. That was why I was getting upset is y'all were having these dramatic storylines going on and then it was let's cut to Eric dancing, and that's what every episode became about, was just and now Eric and then back to now let's get back to our actual story, and that we're going to see getting worse, like when the kid is in ICU and like all the real dramatic stuff that's going to start happening. You're really going to see the dichotomy between Eric and the rest of the cast, and it gets jarring, if memory serves. Because my feeling as an actor, I was like, but that's why I felt like. It was like, Oh, we're gonna do Dawson's Creek, but we're still a comedy, so will you're gonna do all the comedy And it was like, Okay, well that's a lot.
Speaker 1: Let's try that and see what happens. And I don't.
Speaker 3: It's also like kind of all over the place in terms of Eric's character, Like there were times when I was like, Oh, he's like the super confident guy. Other times he's like just dumb, you know. I was like, you're just kind of moment to moment, whatever, the joke, whatever, the funniest thing for somebody to say that it's out of contact, like the wrong thing to say.
Speaker 2: They just gave to you.
Speaker 3: It was just like make Eric the wacky guy who's just always going to say the wrong thing or the weird thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and has in the past, and so many episodes actually delivered really good advice to Corey has been has been a person you could go to for important moments.
Speaker 2: And now still the Tommy episodes they haven't come.
Speaker 1: Yea, so that's true.
Speaker 2: Hopefully at least in this episode. There's no balance at all. But I will say something that you pointed out back in the day, Danielle. I will point out for myself now this is peak will oh really, but yeah, this is I'm in shape, I've got the long the long hair going, I've got the main this is it's all down here from.
Speaker 1: Enjoy I loved I loved that season I had it was so great, so enjoy it. I'm so excited for you to get to live it this year. Me too.
Speaker 3: Way, this is such a better start to a season than season five though, oh yes, the key season five, I was like, what is going on this? I'm like, oh, it feels like the show. It's the cord to Panga's side of things, which is not my favorite, but it definitely still felt like Boy Meets World.
Speaker 2: How crazy is it? Though?
Speaker 3: Going back watching the previously on, I was like, whoa, I know, we were pulled out all the stops. We're gonna We're going to graduate, we're gonna get married, we're gonna have a baby, and Fete's gonna retire. I was like, whoa. It's like it was like suddenly seeing it all compressed. Its Wow, they were really pulling out all the stops. Do not cancel our show, do not. You have to finish this storyline, Like Michael and the writers put so much pressure on the network to.
Speaker 2: Pick us up for this season. There was no way they weren't going to It's But.
Speaker 1: Before we get to that previously on, we have a new opening sequence. Yeah, we have a new opening sequence that is eerily similar to last season. It's mostly us just recreating what was once spontaneous behavior, and now.
Speaker 3: It feels so different to me and that I was watching this like, oh, this is a bunch of factors hamming it up, doing their stick. I can almost tell that we're like mocking we're doing Yes, we are. We are see in our I can see it in our faces that we are mocking what we're doing.
Speaker 2: While doing it, but I'm also wearing sunglasses and my shirt is all the way open.
Speaker 1: It's because we're at peak will you were wanting it? How do I milk this?
Speaker 2: Going on? The open shirt and the sunglasses, just thinking I'm so cool, Like what is happening right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There were lots of arms going around each other. We're friends. Well, I remember, Danielle, don't you remember them telling us like, oh, and the ton thing that was done last time, we're going.
Speaker 1: To do that again.
Speaker 2: I remember that we're going to reverse it, and now we're going to reverse the bucket drop. And so we were being given specific beats.
Speaker 1: No, it's all the things that were spontaneous and fun for us last year. They were like written down on a script now and we're like, and here's how we're going to make it spontaneous and different. And it was like, oh no, now, there's the only reason we did it is because of Maitland, right, because and Maitland opening. Yeah, And so we saw this with Matthew before, which is that the audience is seeing a new cast member they've never met before in the credits and they have no idea who she is. So we we have that new opening, and then we get a quick recap reminding the audience of how we left the show in season five. And I love that Ben actually says previously and absolutely unbelievably, which is exactly writers like, I cannot believe they jammed all this in.
Speaker 3: When you stack them up in a row, I was like, oh my god, okay, it was like yeah.
Speaker 1: It also for the first time ever because why would I have thought of it at the end of last season. But seeing this, seeing the prom episode, even though the reveal in that scene of the prom episode was Amy and Allen are having a baby, it made me wonder whether they were setting up that the really good reason for Tapega not to go to Yale was that she was pregnant. Because even though we saw at the end of last season that they came out that they were on the dance floor and not in the room. Remember that. Then when Corey and and when Sean and Angela like ask about we kind of make a face like did we or didn't we? And then Tapega asks Corey to marry her. At the end of the season. When I when I saw me in the prom dress, I was like, oh my gosh, was there any possibility there was any sort of eluding.
Speaker 3: Aren't they going to reference you guys being virgins until you're married?
Speaker 1: Well, if we do in this opening episode, you do in this episode. But my point is.
Speaker 4: In this episode you say, like he says moon, we're going to Yeah, but like.
Speaker 2: Is there actual, like solid we are virgins until.
Speaker 1: Not in this episode?
Speaker 3: So you could have could have done it on problems, yes, and that's why it could be pregnant.
Speaker 2: And he comes out of the fast and it's his first time, so it could have been that quick. But it's real quick because remember you go into the room ten seconds and you come back.
Speaker 1: What's up with the weird look we give them? Why do we give them a look?
Speaker 2: Like? I think it's just a cover to keep it like light, You're no.
Speaker 3: I think the idea is like you're it's it's your private it's your private life, so you're not going to share it, and you're going to let people think that you slept together if that's what they want to think, but you're also not going to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't I know what if As I was watching the opening, I was like, oh my gosh, what if I'm pregnant?
Speaker 3: No, No, you guys are destroying the mythology of she doesn't because of love and destiny and Corey, that's it done.
Speaker 1: And a child just wonder if we wanted the tiniest bit of mystery about if that's one of the reasons it goes away immediately because to Panga doesn't say an eddy point because and she definitely when she says and on this honeymoon we to her, it's very clear to me that's a chip to Panga has that she's playing like, well, when we get married, which I can't believe she has to convince this person to marry her by being like, you'll get to have sex with me. It is so sad. I want to pry and I instead I will just got married. I got married, I'm telling you. But yeah.
Speaker 2: No. Also, I had a I don't know about you guys, but I had a visceral reaction by just the word honeymoon. Oh, because I thought of the episode. I was like, oh God, I can feel it, Yes, I can feel it happening.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, we're gonna love it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna watch it. It's gonna be our favorite. I'm barely in it. I think I was fairly there that we thinking it.
Speaker 1: So yes, as mentioned, Alan and Amy are having a baby. Mister Feene is retiring. The gang has graduated high school, and Tapanga has asked Corey to marry her at the ceremony. God we left them before he could answer, and now we're back at the graduation ceremony, but everyone else has left.
Speaker 3: Corey, did they pick us up for twenty two or did we get nine or thirteen?
Speaker 2: No, we didn't get No, we didn't get thirteen until season seven we got picked up. We were full seasons until the last season where we only got picked up for thirteen. So we got twenty two and got that stack of cliffhangers. Yep, right, well done, well done.
Speaker 1: Corey and Topanga are all alone, still sitting on the graduation bleachers. I am wearing what could only be described as orthopedic sandals. I don't argue I notice, it's because you're pregnant, idea, what's going on? But they are absolutely.
Speaker 2: Would not.
Speaker 1: I have not noticed because there were people sitting in front of me, and I had my gown on. So in this one, my gown's a little pulled up, and I am wearing shoes black leather, flat, criss cross orthopedic sandals. Hua would think they were too conservative.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's.
Speaker 1: Going on there. Corey is completely shell shocked, frozen in time to Penga nudges him, forcing him to ask, did I just ask you to marry me? To Panga reminds him, I asked you. He always figured he'd be the one to propose, but he's not against this. It is the nineties, after all. What's done? Is am I the only one who picked up on the fact that he was annoyed.
Speaker 2: I proposed, Yeah, it seemed like he was. It also seemed like the room was different. I got that it was supposed to be empty and that he was supposed to just be empty bleachers. But a new set it did.
Speaker 1: It felt like an entirely new set.
Speaker 2: It felt smaller. It felt like it should have been them in this big, cavernous room together, and instead it felt smaller than it did. When there was a pause, you're just shooting one direction. Yeah, it was a flat wall, drained and to be fair, it is a weird set to begin with.
Speaker 1: Four months since people had seen it, so everyone was like, they're not gonna remember it's gonna be totally fine.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Corey nervously changes the subject, reminding her of the graduation party, but to Panga doesn't let him leave before getting an answer. He assures her she will get an answer, but it's not every day a guy gets asked a question like that. But before he can continue rambling to Pega pulls him in for a kiss and the audience who and Corey pulls away in a haze, completely unsoorce old. He asks, so you got a ring for me? Or what? Well?
Speaker 2: It? Sorcer meant, is the is and the same? It's just this show.
Speaker 5: It's so intense, but it's also very strange that shows do this honestly, Honestly, do other shows have like a girl grab a guy and kiss him and then he becomes like.
Speaker 1: And it's also a virgin.
Speaker 2: She's a virgin who uses her sexuality to get what she wants. It's a weird combination.
Speaker 3: But it's like it's so natural to me because we did it all the time on the show. I had to do it, and then watching it now, I'm seeing why it's like built into me that this is like what a story can do, and how is this something that was done on other movies and other shows in the nineties all the time, Like, I honestly don't know or.
Speaker 2: Is this specific kiss? Let us know, we really rely on it. We really rely on.
Speaker 1: It, and we're going to rely on for six. Matthew, if you're out there, please.
Speaker 2: Not Matthew Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Not Matthew Lawrence. Maybe I should make a different name. There's going to be a lot of Matthew's Bartholomew. Okay, all the people who follows our show and who listens, I have faith putting this on you, mart please reach out. Let us know other shows of the nineties did they do this where women can get men to do whatever they want if they just give them a passionate enough.
Speaker 2: Case passionate kiss. Chandler friends, Maybe I don't.
Speaker 1: Know why to Panga is having to beg this man to marry her. I love that Corey is not thinking getting married is a great idea. I have no problem with I have no problem with that. I actually wish that that was said, yes to Panga, I'll marry you in five years, in six years, yeah, not now. But instead it's like WHOA, I don't want to give you an answer. It feels very much like if you tell someone you love them and they don't say it back, and then you're like, do you love me? It's like, please, don't ask that. Like if they loved you, they would tell you please. Just like I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: Most good marriages start when one person has to convince the other person to marry Sure, Sure, everybody guilty.
Speaker 1: Only she had been really pregnant, then she'd have Then she'd be perfect, have a perfect trap exactly. Anyway, the start of this rubbed me the wrong way.
Speaker 2: I'm just just wants a man to keep her in orthopedic shoes, is what it seems like it is.
Speaker 1: Then we're in the John Adams Hallway. It's still just after graduation, with students in their gowns roaming the halls with their parents. Corey tells Topanga he wants to marry her more than anything in the world, but he can't let her give up Yale for him, bringing it back up, Okay, I love it. I also then to Panga asks if he honestly wants her to go to Yale, and he then admits no. He has done nothing wrong, nothing wrong. He has flat out said, I cannot let you give up this thing for me and she goes, do you really want me to go? Not no, and he says, oh, well, of course I don't want you to go, but you have to go, but you have to do it anyway. Yeah, So I have no issues with Corey and the ile situation.
Speaker 2: As it stands, there's red flags, but they ain't coming from Corey.
Speaker 1: Yep, So Tapega tells him to shut up about it. Besides Penbrook being a great school, how good is college? Without his face and she smushes his cheeks together.
Speaker 2: I had a problem with this because how great a school is it if Eric's there? But it's true Eric end up at the same school Sean and Sean. I mean, it's like it's not a good school if it takes everybody. So, yeah, it was just strained, like Pembrook's a great school, is it? It's it's like Beach State.
Speaker 1: Corey musters up, it's no good at all. The Penga wasting no time asks when they should get married. Corey stammers he's not so sure, and Tapega jumps in, how about right away? She reminds him they've been dating since they were too Nope, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: If I thought you met at the monkey bars at three four.
Speaker 2: That was it four, but now it's two two.
Speaker 1: Nope, we met in the womb.
Speaker 2: We're twins. Actually, that's one thing Ryder thinks is missing from shows like this is the incest Remember the game Game of Conversation.
Speaker 1: I also immediately followed up with and they both had the chance to be with other people. What Corey has definitely had the chance to be with other people. Corey has had the chance to be with other people, every opportunity to pengo.
Speaker 3: People who's he says, the chance to be with Ladies of the Night to throw themselves at the jacket.
Speaker 2: Jacket.
Speaker 1: The date where she didn't look up at Ricky like what is she talking about? What? What is? Come on? We've been together since we were two. We both had the opportunity to be with other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 1: No, Corey interrupts. Yeah, I wonder what she's doing.
Speaker 2: Great joke, we really yeah, I almost like, oh.
Speaker 1: See, I think it's a great because it's just such a.
Speaker 2: Needle, Like, yeah, I wonder what she's up. It's such a just a it's.
Speaker 1: Juphst dude thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, but like funny, like you're needling in a funny way well.
Speaker 1: Topanga jokingly shoves him, so she apparently gets the joke, and she asks, do you think we'll be together for the rest of our lives? Corey answers yes, and Topanga has hurt enough. We're not like other people. We're weird. Let's just do it. I want to have time for our honeymoon before college starts. Corey's ears, of course, perkup and on this honeymoon, you and I we probably to Panga nods, oh, there's a good chance. She is in sorcelled Corey again and he tells her to keep talking, but Tapanga has a different idea. She insists they go tell his parents. Corey yels no. He tries to convince her that now is in a good time with the baby and all. In fact, they probably shouldn't tell anyone. So now strikes me, is he's embarrassed to be engaged to Topanga or what is he? I don't know. He's afraid, he's afraid of telling his parents, and that's what they want it to be, because that's exactly what Sean says, No, you're afraid to tell your parents, And he's like, I don't see any reason why they need to know, so they're trying to make it that but and I guess based on the way Amy reacted to Topega coming back from Pittsburgh, he would have a reason to feel that way. My parents are not going to support this. They were trying to encourage us to see other people before. So I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, I just what happened to Like the ultra confident court, it was like, I just you know, it's nice everyone.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to be the only one the only way he knows it's over, the only one who knows it's not. Can you remember that whole? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where is that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And now we would just be like, yes, we are destined, let's go.
Speaker 1: Tapanga is confused, so Corey adds, until we figure out what we're going to do. She asks, does he want to marry her? Which girl? I'm asking the same thing? Really seems like he doesn't want to marry her. He quietly says yes, but doesn't want people sticking their noses into their business. He makes Topanga promise not to tell anyone, and she happily agrees, Comparing the two of them to Romeo and Juliet again.
Speaker 2: Again, bring him back, Bring him back to the pilot.
Speaker 1: Corey laughs, that's why we're not telling anyone whatever you need. She reiterates, So are we engaged or what? He says, Yeah, as long as you don't open your big mouth. She laughs again at his teasing and gives him a kiss. As they embrace, Phoene approaches to congratulate them. Corey freezes, oh my god, he knows. Tapanga reminds him Phoenie is talking about graduation. Phoeni wonders if there's something else worth congratulating, and Corey quickly weigh him off. Nothing, get off my back, Phoene shrugs, whatever you say. Corey ramps up. Anyway, You're a smug one, aren't you. George? You know you know? I know you know. I don't know how you know, but I know that you know. Phoene admits, all right, I know, I know everything. Now, what in the world are you talking about? Corey storms off, pulling Topanga with him. Nothing this gets out and I'll hunt you down like a dog. And then we're at the guy's movement.
Speaker 3: Clear why Corey, I mean, is the idea just a Corey's an anxious mess like he he just is so freaked out by the idea of being engaged that he can't stand up.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I think that makes sense. He's just panic.
Speaker 2: It's also not the idea of getting engaged. It's the idea of she just said, let's go get married now, essentially, and it's like, wait, we're doing what So we're not even gonna have an engagement, We're just getting married.
Speaker 1: It is a lot to spring on someone like Topeka spent the entire Topanga took a couple of days at least thinking about whether or not she was gonna do this. She asked Corey. Corey was not expecting it, and now he's like, oh my gosh, of course I want to marry you, but like, this is a lot to think about and when and how and what about Yale? And I have to tell my family, and so I can see how the idea would be. Let's just keep this quiet for now, until I can wrap my head around this, until I can talk to my best friend, until I can let me just get my feet under me. So I guess I buy that. We're back at the guy's apartment. Sean answers a knock at the door, and it is a beaming Corey. Sean immediately guesses to Panga asks you to marry her. Cory scowls, I hate you, and then we cut to Angela's room, a new set. We've never seen this before, I know, Angela tells Topanga, you guys are so weird. She says, I know, but I love him and I want to be with him till he dies. But you can't tell anyone, not even Sean. We cut back and forth between the guy's apartment. In Angela's room, Corey interrogates Sean Phoeney told you, didn't he I'm gonna find him and rip him apart. Sean reminds him, I was sitting right next to you when it happened. He heard everything. Meanwhile, Angela realizes that's why Corey looks so scared. Tapanga argues that he wasn't scared, he was only flustered. Back at the apartment, Corey explains, I was a little flustered, that's all. Sean counters, you look like someone shot you in the head. But hey, I don't blame you. If Angela asked me in the middle of graduation, i'd wet my gown too. Angela reminds Topanga. At our age, we're supposed to be having fun, not getting married. What idiot doesn't know that. I'm so happy she she has this POV. I didn't remember this. I love it. She's the voice of reason. Love it. Also congratulations to Trina McGee, who had her baby in the off season between last season five and six, we asked her, what did you do? She'd say, had my third baby was born. Congratulations. We see that, and at the apartment, Sewan has made up his mind marry her. Corey's flabbergasted. You're supposed to say we're crazy, but Sean says Corey is crazy if he doesn't realize they've been married their entire lives. They may as well get presents. Corey admits, I do need a new toaster, but no rushing into marriage right now is way too overwhelming. He tries to blame graduation in college looming in the distance, but Sean sees right through him. You're scared to tell your parents, Corey shrugs. I see no reason why they ever have to know. Then they head out into the hallway and Shon declares, well, if we're done talking about you, I've got some news. Corey argues, We're not done talking about me, how selfish are you?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: Sean ignores him. He's thinking about taking some courses at Penbrook. Corey dismissively nods, good, have a nice day, Sean continues, which means, I'm going to stay in the dorms. So if you're not ready to have Topanga as a roommate, what I know?
Speaker 2: And why is Sean moving? Like why do I need need to go to the dorms as a freshman?
Speaker 3: I guess because and Eric had an apartment and he's in the apartment.
Speaker 1: Brook, So why would you recommend Corey mary to Panga? And then say, but if you're not ready to have her as a roommate. So a wife is a less of a less of a responsibility than a roommate.
Speaker 3: The logic, the pretzel logic of romance on Boy Meets World. Yeah, it's like we got to prioritize the male male friendships but also prioritize the male female relationships, and we got to make them both rationalized in this it.
Speaker 1: Makes no sense. Why isn't Sean on the side of Angela maybe a little bit more? And I guess only because Sean has in previous seasons and episodes been obsessed with getting them back together. But like if it were Sean and Angela both saying we love you both, we love you as a couple, but this is too young. Let's like you guys could be said, you guys could be encouraging us live together.
Speaker 2: That's what the thing that amazed me is that nobody said, get engaged. Go ahead, get engaged, get married in five years.
Speaker 1: What's the way, that's the goad there?
Speaker 2: Take that next step if you want, you don't have to get married next week, go ahead.
Speaker 1: And getting in And I guess that just me. I guess the difference is, especially back then, the implication if you were living together meant that you were sleeping together, and so the idea that like anyone would encourage them to be engaged and living in the same house meant sex. And we had made it clear that like Tapanga was going to prioritize virginity. I just I don't understand this moment from Sean, who's just finished saying please marry her. You've been married your whole lives anyway, and then being like, do you want to live with me in the dorms in the same scene.
Speaker 2: Even just because they need it, and They did it backwards because they need to have Sean have another place to go when he eventually gets kicked out. We needed to know, but it should have been after he gets kicked out that then he's like, Hey, I'm going to go. I got nowhere to doors, I have nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: You want to live with me? Yeah, because it doesn't make anything.
Speaker 2: Out because by then they were already all opened exactly, So that's it doesn't because it's like, you're already near Penbrook. That was the whole point of Jack and Eric living near college. Ye is they have that freshman year why? Yeah, So it didn't doesn't make any I mean, get rid of Sean, get him out of the apartment. I mean not like I really participated in much in that seat anyway.
Speaker 1: So well, Corey can't handle it. You and me together. That's two proposals in the same day. I must be the luckiest boy in the world. Just then, the elevator door opens and it's Jack and Eric. They secretly listen in as Corey tells Sean he's glad he's going to college. They give each other a big hug, and Jack finally interrupts, what's he talking about? Sean reveals he's taking college classes because, no matter how much he loves his job, there is more to life than photographing naked ladies. Uh huh. We get a call back.
Speaker 2: To reference not a job you had.
Speaker 3: Yeah, decision off camera between seasons for that word that works.
Speaker 2: There happens, and there we go. By the way, I'm wearing a new necklace. So love and I are obviously no longer together. Yeah, I've got my bear neck No more cokespoon is gone. It's a it's like a little it's a leather well, no, the new one. I'm wearing it like a leather thing with a bear. I don't know if I still I'm sure I could find it somewhere.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 2: The thing I do remember is I wear it all through season seven when I've gained weight, and it looks like I'm just choking myself by the end, because it's like holding on for your festival. Watch it, just watch. It's a leather thing that just keeps like I couldn't take it off, and eventually it just looks like it was cutting off my circulation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's BADLA grown around it would help me.
Speaker 1: I didn't know when it started. I don't remember noticing it, but I'm officially in Yin Yang thumb Ring territory, which is another thing I don't ever take off for like this whole season, and I don't know when it started, but I watch it. It'll be there forever.
Speaker 2: It's on the right. Start the jewelry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is beginning. It is beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shoes, yeah.
Speaker 1: Jack. Jack pulls him in for a big hug and congratulates him on the decision. Eric schimes in and breaks the news. There's no more to life than naked ladies, except maybe naked ladies that wear really tight shirts and really tight pants. And uh. The inmates in the audience love this joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they should.
Speaker 3: We've made a version of this joke many times because I remember when clothes exactly naked. It's pretty clever. That's pretty cute.
Speaker 1: Jack puts his arm around Eric. The problem with you is you don't know how to be supportive. I want you to be supportive. Eric pouts, Okay, i'll try. Corey ads this means Sean and I will be roommates. So he just makes that decision. He's going to be He's gonna marry to bang up. But he's gonna be SHOT's roommate. Jack is shocked, but Eric, now supportive, yells I support that. Jack glares at him. Unbelievable. So Eric repeats himself now in a deeper voice, I support that. Jack, still offended, responds, I don't believe you. So Eric falls to his knees and screams, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 2: This was a bad triple joke in a row it was I get what they were going for, but it didn't make any sense and.
Speaker 3: It just just hit it once. Yeah, I can't believe you. I don't believe you, and then you do it, and then they get out, and then get out.
Speaker 1: I agree, I don't believe you. And then him falling to the ground. I so product. That would have been the perfect that would have been just one Yeah. Sean reminds him that school doesn't start for two more months, so that should give them plenty of time to find a new roommate. Eric says that can't be done. They are very particular. Corey and Sewn don't seem to care because they are already leaving in the elevator, and then on cue a mystery woman we saw in the credits bursts out of the infamous door at the end of the hallway. She's carrying lug and yelling, I gave up a scholarship to Yale to move to Philadelphia with you. Can you tell me?
Speaker 2: Did you guys remember this? No that there's a Yale storyline.
Speaker 1: No, not a. I don't think we ever. I don't think we ever bring it up again.
Speaker 3: No, But so it's a way to connect it to to Panga.
Speaker 1: It's like, it's like it didn't go well right, which is.
Speaker 3: Super interesting to bring up like the sort of an alternative version of the Topanga choice and to show how it would be a huge mismistake. Well, it's super interesting to insert it like that.
Speaker 2: I totally remember. I don't know why I remember this, but I do. In the Plays with Squirrels episode, her future self marries that guy who left to go to Texas. Whoa because she comes back in with the cowboy hat and they're like, She's like, I went to go see if there's anything with my ex boyfriend and worked out a bit. I married him, and so it was where that was in the Places with Squirrels episode where we're all ten years in the future and I don't know why I remember that one little thing, but she does.
Speaker 1: She goes and marry that guy that she left. She left, Yeah, I think there is to me, there's a big hint in this episode that relationship isn't over. She calls him her boyfriend in the scene with you guys where if she were living with you because she had broken up with him, it'd be her ex boyfriend. But she says, like, you know, makes me realize my boyfriend really is And I'm like, hmm, so, yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess it's just so it's so pointed that she's like a position or she a yale, I have a scholarship. It's like because she could have just said I had a scholarship to college, but they clearly wanted it to be a counterpoint to the Corey Tapanga that like, here is the opposite, which is like somebody who makes that choice and fails, Like why would.
Speaker 1: It's that choice for someone who then breaks up with them to go find themselves? Right, it's very interesting. She grabs a framed picture you know what, find this? She hurls the picture back in the apartment and we hear glass shatter. Entranced, Eric admits she pretty. Jack nods that a lot of woman.
Speaker 2: That a lot a woman. That's such a Michael Jacob mine the second I.
Speaker 1: Heard every bit of line, yep is a every.
Speaker 2: Other line is Michael Jacob's read.
Speaker 1: It is a line, it is it is. I think every aspect of this Rachel love triangle is just one hundred percent Michael Jacobs.
Speaker 2: It is, it is, And you could see you could hear him that a lot a woman like I could hear him saying those words like guess is all.
Speaker 1: The girl makes her way to the elevator, muttering to herself, find this God. That doesn't even make any sense, does it. Eric jumps in, I think you did a wonderful job, and I support you. The girl size, I really thought we loved each other. Now I have no place to stay. I don't know what I'm gonna do. Oblivious to her pain, Eric cackles, Oh, man, I do not envy you.
Speaker 2: It's just a cartoon character at this point. I mean, and again, that's fine, but it's just every line is as big and crazy as you can possibly get.
Speaker 1: Then we're back at the guy's apartment. Later that day, Sean arrives back home and notices a huge pile of clothes. Eric and Jack are working as a team, throwing Sean's stuff into the hallway. Sean wants to know what's going on. Jack says they found a roommate, and with zero emotion, Eric tells him to get out. Sean reminds them school doesn't start for two months, but Jack reveals that they found the perfect roommate who fits all of their requirements. Sean isn't having it. He's gonna tell this guy he can't move in until Sean is ready to move up. Sat up, Sat up, It up up ye, And then this girl walks out of Sean's old room, now dressed in only a sultry silk robe. We have a little woo. She wonders if they have any toothpaste she can borrow.
Speaker 2: I was I was at a wedding.
Speaker 3: I mean, gosh, this is like ten years ago, I guess at this point, and we a bunch of us got a house together for the you know, the wedding. So the night before and somebody was like, when was the last time anybody'd seen Three's Company.
Speaker 2: For some reason, we were all like, what is Three's Company?
Speaker 1: What was the story?
Speaker 2: So we decided to watch a few episodes of threes.
Speaker 3: Company, and it was the most crazy show, a great show.
Speaker 2: This is threes Company, like her coming out in the.
Speaker 3: Robe and the audience going, and it's like two roommates and it is such a weird bygone era of television. Like if you try and watch threes Company now, it's so bizarre, like I don't know, like half the jokes aren't jokes, they're just excuses to get people in short robes.
Speaker 2: Get you guess is let the story even it's even worse for threes Company because the whole storytending to be gay, pretending to be gay because he's not supposed to be living with the women. So to live with two women roommates, you have to be gay in this world. I mean, it is just crazy.
Speaker 3: And there's always like the insinuation of sleeping around but I don't even know if people actually sleep together or.
Speaker 2: It's just like it's so weird. It's such a weird like thing of TV.
Speaker 3: Like TV used to be this, like it used to just be a way to see like pretty women and things.
Speaker 1: And here was what you was Three's Company on seventy eightieslies the seventies, So why in the nineties. Is it because we had writers writing as though they were shows they watched in the seventies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that there's like this sitcom tradition that doesn't exist anymore, which was like this sort of slightly sexy.
Speaker 1: You know what, campy thing. It was a way of being, like reality TV on a sitcom, what happens if you're what happens if you're really inside someone's house? You see them in their underwear a lot, right, Like that's the thought of you know, like, oh, if we were just a fly on the wall of someone's house, they'd be in their bathroom, they'd be in robes, they'd be cooking in their underwear, they'd dance around like we get to and so they were like, let's do it.
Speaker 2: But it's the college. It's the college or young twenties equivalent of getting a sea in the girl's locker room. Yep, like oh, we got a chance to see they're showering, like the oh okay, that's what they do. But they were you know what's funny you mentioned reality TV ninety eight, ninety seven, ninety eight. This is right when reality TV was getting really big with like Real World, Yeah and things like that saying you were talking, but it was this is when it started. It was already done.
Speaker 3: Remember last season started with Correy's filming, and like, yeah, already we were referencing it because it was it was a cultural thing.
Speaker 2: But it's also but what reality TV like like shows like that are are exactly what you were talking about at the beginning that you didn't like, writer, which is nine people sitting in a room talking about stuff. Fashion. That's all it was was that's used to because they purposely would take their TV's away, take their head nothing, so they just had to sit on couches and talk and that's what it was. And I think we're seeing that. And then nudity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for no reason, Sean looks at her and makes a one eighty. Let me help you here. I thought that it was really funny.
Speaker 2: Writer, a great comedian.
Speaker 1: Let me help you here, let me just really funny. He throws some things into the hall and assumes the position, eventually being thrown out of himself.
Speaker 2: To direct these kinds of things on Girl Meets World, It's like, no, we want to see him actually fly.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you see someone mouse to.
Speaker 3: Throw myself so you don't actually have to see me launch, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Very funny. And then we're in the Matthew's house. Corey, Sean, Angela, and to Banga enter the kitchen, but Corey stops his fiance before going in. He wants to know if she told Angela their secret, and she's offended. I would never why. Corey says that Angela was shooting him nasty looks at dinner and he almost didn't enjoy his pudding. To Pega returns the favor and asks if he said something to Sean because he was winking at her all night. He gasps, I would never. He reminds Topanga his parents are inside, so act natural. And if you go back and watch this moment, you're breaking. I am my, you see because it's over my shoulder on Ben. My whole body is shaking with laughter.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of times you and Ben were almost going.
Speaker 1: To bring we were breaking so much.
Speaker 2: What is the sound that he makes in this episode? There's a sound he makes that it's I don't think.
Speaker 1: Well when he guesss I would never.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the one.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, because then I could see him holding it together.
Speaker 1: Are shaking, I'm shaking laughter.
Speaker 2: I was dying because you know what he did. He saved that gas till right now.
Speaker 3: So he had been doing a different gas on tape night made this weird one which made you go, oh God, in front of the audio.
Speaker 1: He did it, he said it. We're on camera. I break, and then he holds it together to get through his line, and then it cuts back to me for my reaction, and I'm like, just breaking as we as we go inside the house. So the two walk inside and Alan immediately exclaims, Corey, Sean just told us the big news. Why didn't you say anything? Corey blows up at Sean. You told them, only for Tapanga to also inquire you told Sean. Corey retorts, Oh, of course I told Sean. He asks his parents if they're angry, and Alan shrugs, you guys have been together forever. Why would I be angry? Corey laughs in relief. Phew, talk about a load off my mind. Huh. Alan continues, I think you and Sean will be very happy together as roommates. Panga is shocked, you and Sean, what about us? Amy explains the school wouldn't allow her and Corey to be roommates, well, unless they were married. The thought alone makes Amy and Allan laugh. Tapega reminds Corey they were supposed to decide this together. Angela, Sean, Corey, and Tapanga go back and forth, arguing about how they either told their best friend or that they didn't tell their significant other about what they know. They all know, and then Eric storms in, looking very jolly. Got this new roommate. She is fine.
Speaker 2: Now, I remember this take because we did this five or six times, and I changed it every time, really, and I remember the audience was starting to anticipate that I was going to do it differently every time. So for some reason, this one, just this particular sticks out to me.
Speaker 1: Yep, how were you changing the word or were you just changing the performance of fine?
Speaker 2: I was changing there. I remember one time I went like why why, why? Why?
Speaker 1: Why? Like that?
Speaker 2: And I was just like throwing out different things the whole time. And so, yeah, it was just four or five in a row of just different takes.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Alan has had enough what is going on? Corey tries to speak, but he can't articulate his words. So Tapanga just comes out and says it, Corey and I are getting married. The silence is palpable, until Alan finally scoffs, are you out of your minds? Sean defends them because they love each other. Angela jumps in, that's not a reason they're too young. Alan points out to Corey, you can't even clean up your room. Corey explains he's going to get to it.
Speaker 2: That's a great moment. While we're watching this, though, Sue said that.
Speaker 1: Sue said something interesting.
Speaker 2: She's like, why not you say you're getting you're engaged. Why do you have to say we're getting married? Why can't you just be like we got engaged, because that's different than we're getting married, right, you, kid.
Speaker 1: Is typically what engaged means so right, but it doesn't. It's not as getting married. And it's great in when you're done with college, when you're you know, I asked Corey to marry me.
Speaker 2: We get we're getting engaged, something like that is different than Corey and I are getting married. Like it's yeah, well you know, I think it's just just for a story.
Speaker 1: It is, but it's like need to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's an easy offering for everybody because because the parents could be like, yeah, why don't you get engaged and see how it goes. Like everybody would be fine like the end of episode, so they needed it to be pretty.
Speaker 1: But it is weird that no one has that at least perspective of like listen, like someone could offer that as as we're discussing all the different options, why don't you just wait until, yeah, get engaged, get engaged, wait you get married?
Speaker 5: You say?
Speaker 2: Doesn't Amy eventually say, well, they're going to wait till after college?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I think she says that, doesn't.
Speaker 1: She in this episode?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That I remember? Oh I thought she did. Oh right, you look at this. Amy says, they'll wait until they finish college. Here you go, and Alan agrees, asking whose idiot idea was this? Corey immediately volunteers, it was my idiot idea. It is my idiot life, and I get to decide if I want to be a married idiot to Panga reveals the truth she asked Corey to marry her. Corey begs his parents not to yell at his fiance. Amy says she thought to Panga had more sense than this Morgan, who looks significantly older. Also, yes, yep, she is specially with footy pajamas.
Speaker 2: With this line, which sounds like a five year old line.
Speaker 1: I was well, I asked Bobby Poplowski to marry me, then he kicked me.
Speaker 3: You are now a fourteen year old the equivalent of them just constantly putting her in footy pajamas. She's literally older than and lollipop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just gets creepy after a while, It's like, oh my god, right for this girl.
Speaker 1: They stare at her, confused and then go back to the problem at hand. Amy asks if they thought through the responsibilities that will come with marriage, and Angela decides to answer for them. No, they haven't thought of anything. Sean polls are away. They should stay out of this. Angela argues, these are our friends. How can you let them ruin their lives? Sean counters that they aren't like the two of them, They are hopelessly in love. The crowd ooh at the obvious light, but Sean tries to redeem himself and so were we?
Speaker 2: So are were we? So are we? So are we? Yeah? You were? You didn't like what you were saying, writer, but you were gone. Well, yeah, I know you're dead.
Speaker 1: You said you were saying the stuff you didn't like very well. Yea, thanks, you're doing a good job. Amy tries to talk some sense into her son. We have paid for your food, your clothes, phone, car insurance. Can Corey hand all that? Corey reminds them that they got married when they were eighteen too. Allan yells out, I was a dope. Amy's eyes widen.
Speaker 2: He also tries to eighteen when they got married. Yeah, I know, So where where was the summer of love with Reggie in Europe? It also doesn't mean so they got married then when he was in the navy.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were the summer of love was seventeen to eighteen. So they graduated high school at seventeen, they took that summer together, and he went into the navy and they got married.
Speaker 2: Wow. But then there's also this whole storyline of like her dating other people.
Speaker 1: Remember there's that whole like well that again, so he dated other people at fourteen, it counts I kissed somebody.
Speaker 2: I kissed Bobby Hey, cat cat.
Speaker 3: What they should have done is just had Morgan be like suddenly supermature like Bobby. Bobby Mplawski and I got engaged for three and a half months.
Speaker 2: I called it off because I fell for some like she's the most.
Speaker 3: Likely smoking a cigarette smoking it would be the best.
Speaker 2: It would have been so much funny.
Speaker 1: Also, I don't like this idea that Amy is upset with him calling him himself a dope for getting married at eighteen. I think it would it would make sense for both for her to be like, we were dopes. It's it's lucky that it worked out for us, as opposed to because otherwise, why does Amy think they're so different?
Speaker 3: She's been like this since. So that means that she and Alan got married at eighteen, and then she was this against a panga leaving to Pittsburgh, like all of that stuff. It's like her argument, which was live your life, find that the experience independent, like all of that stuff, kind of gets undermined by the fact that she didn't live, didn't do any of that.
Speaker 1: I would have no problem with it if her point was I was an idiot, I shouldn't. I'm happy I did it because it worked out. I love my husband, I have three beautiful children. I wouldn't change anything. But but that's not the usual. That's not normal.
Speaker 2: It was normal. Apparently, that's what it's like.
Speaker 3: It's always being positive that Corey and Topanga are weird or unusual when the reality is actually by their community standards, they are very typical. They are doing exactly what her parents did, what his parents did, what Phoene did, Like everybody got married young had you know.
Speaker 1: It's like okay, yeah, I know, don't it's weird, okay. He also Alan tries to redeem himself. He means that there is so much they'd be missing out on. If Corey thinks he has everything all figured out, he must remember that things don't always go according to the plan. He will have to make sacrifices. Amy wonders, what sacrifices did you make? Alan, Alan freezes and pretends he didn't hear her. What Meanwhile, Angela asks Sean, what do you mean we're not hopelessly in love? He also wonders what well Both couples argue Corey and Topanga slide out the back door. So yeah. This Amy storyline, where she's also trying to challenge that he didn't make any sacrifices. Why I don't know. Why isn't this Why isn't this reversed? Why isn't Amy the one saying when we say to her, you got married at eighteen, Yeah, and I was a dope and Alan going excuse me, and her saying, yes, do you know how many sacrifices I had to make? And he's like, wait, what sacrifices? Then she has a POV that fits with what she's trying to say, has not been to a hotel since they got married.
Speaker 3: They literally went to a hotel for the problem night and they were like, the first time we've gone to a hotel for a night out. That's a very obvious sacrifice you've made. Now you're about to have another kid, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Until they got married at eighteen, I guess went to Europe.
Speaker 1: Well I think they had the summer of love before they were married, right.
Speaker 3: Hey maybe, But then, like you just don't get how the navy children.
Speaker 2: Doesn't you travel when you're in the navy. So was she on the road him? Was she by herself? She's probably by herself. Was she pregnant at this point? When does Eric come along?
Speaker 1: Did he leave? How long was he in the navy.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of this backstory that they just kind of like, yeah, we're good.
Speaker 1: Well, because if you think about it, how old are we trying to say they are like, how old are they now?
Speaker 2: Mid forties?
Speaker 1: Eric is now in his first or second year of college, right, so Herek's probably twentyeen twenty one? Okay, yeah, I think because I think Corey's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Corey and Tpang are supposed to be eighteen eighteen, right, and I think Eric is supposed to be at this point two years older. Okay, you used to be four years older than that, right, and then they moved only too, So my guess is Eric supposed to be twenty twenty one? But then where does the beer come from? In the from last season? That was in the fridge they were buying beers. That's fine, happens.
Speaker 1: Sean had you know, maybe someone end up getting it for him, right right?
Speaker 2: But he's so yeah, so twenty one, so fenty figure. They had Eric when they were twenty one twenty two, so they were mayre maried for three years they had Eric, I would say, but never went to a hotel, never went to a hotel. But he's twenty one years wow.
Speaker 1: Outside, Tapanga admits his parents are taking it better than she thought, but Corey reminds her it's not up to them. Nobody can tell them what to do. She nods in agreement, so Corey declares, come on, we're getting married. She smiles and they run off together. Back in the Matthew's kitchen, the couples.
Speaker 2: The noh no.
Speaker 1: Back in the Matthew's kitchen, the couples are still arguing with each other, so Eric decides to butt in. He can be the voice of reason here. Everyone laughs at this idea and goes back to fighting. Undeterred, Eric shouts, I think they should get married, which again grabs everyone's attention. Eric says the chance and chances of Corey finding a woman like Topanga are one in a million. Sean agrees, there's nobody better. Angela can't argue with that, and neither does Amy. But that's not the issue. Eric argues, in a few years, she's gonna dry up, get all wrinkling. Might as well grab her while she's still smooth. He playfully punches Alan and asks SIMI right dead. Alan calls him an imbecile, and, again undeterred, Eric laughs, Yes.
Speaker 2: It's funny, but it's just cartoony.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Recently, Adler has become obsessed at night with asking me about what happens when I die? Oh God, oh, Jesus, what's gonna happen when you die? I'm gonna miss you so much. I just want to be with you. And I'm like, Adler, I'm not sick, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna die anytime soon, but I'm gonna miss you so much. And I said, I'm nowhere near dying. He said, yes, you are. You are almost dead.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I did think about that, even if everything goes right, you're almost at.
Speaker 1: Ah, You're not.
Speaker 2: You're not You're just dried up and ring.
Speaker 1: Exactly what I thought. I was like, it must really be time for me to get botoxic. Because he's like, you are so old.
Speaker 2: Look at you. You looked at a mirror lately. Do something? God, No, you are old. Let me tell you My favorite part.
Speaker 1: Is any actioned before he said yes you are, he was like, I said, I'm not going to die. I'm not anywhere near there. He said, yes you are. I said, no, I'm not only forty three ghost. Well Dad is God? Anyway, Morgan decides to talk. Have any of you noticed that Corey and Topanga aren't here? Then the door They realize the door is open, and we get some dramatic music that's the act break.
Speaker 3: A bunch of characters in a lad expressing points of view to expound upon whether this couple should get married to next.
Speaker 2: In all fairness, I have to say, though, in all fairness, if a couple comes in and all their friends or family are there and they say they're eighteen, they're like, we're gonna get married. This is what would happen is you'd get a bunch of people in a room discussing what they thought, should they get married, should they not get married? Wait a minute, you shouldn't do it. I mean, it's kind of it's real when you think about it. If you walk into a family situation and you drop something like this, this is what's gonna happen is everyone's gonna have their opinion and start shouting over each other. So, I mean that kind of made sense to me more than the fence scene, Like now let's move this outside and do the same thing outside. Didn't make any right.
Speaker 3: That the audience, But that's fine, Like that people would really do. It doesn't make for good television, you.
Speaker 2: Know, like the reality argument that like this is what really? Who cares? Like? I don't want to sit around watching people debate stuff, but I don't want to watch drama. That's what was happening.
Speaker 1: That's why I said I think it was.
Speaker 3: Happening to TV, like the best way would have been, you know, like that Corey and de Panga need to keep it a secret. For some reason, it gets like plane out, the reveals, the secrecy, like all that could have been really fun. Instead it's like, let's let's talk it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I mean they have twenty two episodes. It could have been really fun that Corey says the same thing to Sean, let's be roommates, but let's keep it a secret. He's got a secret about the roommates, he's got a secret about the marriage to Yeah, and then it all eventually comes to a head. But okay, anyway, in the car Corey and Topanga are driving, Topanga wonders if Corey actually wants to do this or if he's only taking the sleep because his parents are against it because Corey's such a rebel. Yes, without a clue, do you really want to do this or are you suddenly the type of kid who likes to do everything your parents tell you not to do.
Speaker 2: Which all I wanted was him to do. Go around me, I said that while we're doing oh god.
Speaker 3: It it would have been the perfect callback, because it actually is to this point, because that was an episode where he did try and be rebellious and it backfire. Remember, the whole episode was about him doing his own thing against his dad, so it would have played in if they had done a callback.
Speaker 1: So round around me, please, Corey reminds her it's his life and he's going to do what he wants. She asks, but what happens when you get to college and you see everybody meeting each other and dating and having fun. Are you gonna wish you could be doing the same thing? Corey shrugs, Well, it didn't phase me in high school.
Speaker 3: Brah, didn't phase me in high school. We've only had four seasons about.
Speaker 1: That, the whole premise of the show. Bro the show, dude, Yes it did.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen the show.
Speaker 1: We knew, you knew, so why would it phase me now? Tapanga reminds him he had his heart set on a big romantic wedding. When did he say that? Did he did he say that at all? That's something Apparently they had a conversation off screen, and well.
Speaker 3: He said, Lauren about their white picket fence and their suburban house. So maybe sure he's planning a big wedding with Lauren.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just wondering, Like I love that idea that Corey's like, yes, it would have been. Yeah, he's the romantic that he's like, yes, and your parents and my parents and all of our friends, and we invite the whole school. And there's this like I love that idea, but apparently it happened off because I'm for her to say that, but Corey says he can't think of anything more romantic than sneaking off to a little wedding chapel in the country. His heart is set on marrying her to Panga responds, then why did you pass the exit? Corey tells her to stop pounding him. How do we know where this place is? Did they go to map quest dot.
Speaker 2: Car they did?
Speaker 1: Did they have a course holding him?
Speaker 3: He pulled over at his own booth, got on the Yellow Pages.
Speaker 1: Got the address and just knows where it is. That Thomas Guide. I should have a Thomas Guide on my life.
Speaker 3: This is this scene I don't understand, like this, like, why are we in the car? Why do we have to add a car set which doesn't look very good.
Speaker 2: That's terrible light.
Speaker 3: So it's a weird choice to like have this debate, which doesn't seem like much of a debate. We're not really playing anything out.
Speaker 2: Don't change anything.
Speaker 1: In the in the chapel, I wanted to have anybody.
Speaker 2: The chapel scenes are great. The two old people are hysterical and fun, and there's no.
Speaker 1: Reason we couldn't have this. Corey, are you sure you want to do this? You said you wanted a big wedding. I do I want to do like we could have all this little stuff, like right before we get to the aisle, So yeah, I'm not sure. Then back in the Matthew's kitchen, everyone's in a slump. Amy admits they did say some pretty awful things, did you. I don't remember anything awful being said. Alan says they only told them the truth. They must have gone to think things over. Eric thinks they eloped, but Alan doesn't believe Corey would do something like that without their permission. But Sean argues that when Corey's forced to choose between anything and Topanga, it is not a contest. Amy asks except la correct or only any other option? Yeah, Amy asks her husband, as I said, closet, closet girl. Yeah, there's always always a choice, always a choice. He never chooses to pink. Ap Amy asks her husband what they did after telling Alan's father they were getting married, and he thinks that was totally different. His father was stubborn, totally against it. He wouldn't listen to anything. He recognizes the parallels and puts his hands on his face. Oh boy. The group consoles him, and Eric asks if he can be the voice of reason. They all laugh again. Eric says they're all responsible for this, with the bickering, lecturing and yelling. Now they have to support them and accept this marriage. They can't push them out of their lives like they pushed them to Elope. And now just that's it, everyone, That's it. It's a fact. Yep, they've gone. They are getting they are eloping, and it's going to be too late, and we have to accept it. Eric insists that the two of them belong together, just like him and Rachel. Alan asks who the heck Rachel is and Eric responds, She's my beautiful new roommate. Angel. Is this the first time we've heard her name?
Speaker 2: I think so? Right? She we never she doesn't.
Speaker 1: She throws the frame and then you, guys, I don't know what I do. And then you say you found a new roommate and he says, well, I'm going to have to tell this guy, and then a woman appears. She doesn't ever say I'm Rachel. So this when you say just like me and Rachel, the whole audience is.
Speaker 2: Like, and that's why they have Alan say who is that?
Speaker 1: And I have to Alan asks who the heck Rachel is and Eric responds, She's my beautiful new roommate. Angel. She's from the opening credits. Don't you remember.
Speaker 2: In the street at one time threw water on each other. She was there like we've been friends for years on.
Speaker 3: The chalk there on the crowd that said, boy, it was a fun day.
Speaker 2: So we know her from come on.
Speaker 1: She's actually back at the apartment with right now with Jack. Then he realizes that was a bad idea. What if they hit it off and she cheats on me? That tramp man. He leaves so he can go slap some people around. Alan follows his son a Dore.
Speaker 3: So this is the second time in this scene that you had to carry the entire yes, because like Alan does it.
Speaker 2: He does the whole like right, my dad was to oh.
Speaker 3: And then you do the same thing here. I was just like, oh my god, these four Hakkors are just like giving to dry, like make all the transitions yourself, go perform it.
Speaker 1: Uh Alan desperately locks the door behind Eric. Amy admits Eric was right. It is our faults. We drove them to it. This time. No one argues with her, and I couldn't disagree more. I don't see. I don't think they said anything mean.
Speaker 2: I they also have just it was just like, you know, it'd be weird if they were on a rocket ship to space.
Speaker 1: And then it's just like I can't believe they're.
Speaker 2: On a rocket ship.
Speaker 1: Just stink like like oh it's instant, instantly fact. Yeah, I can't believe they're gonna die on that rocket ship, Kevin.
Speaker 2: It just cuts your funeral. Can't believe they were killed on that rocket ship.
Speaker 1: Like wait, they're in the driveway. They're having a conver right there.
Speaker 2: I can see.
Speaker 3: The which doesn't it's called now yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Like now we're inside the home wedding chapel. An older man and woman opened the door. Corey greets him as judge b Miss. He's Corey Matthews. They spoke on the phone earlier. The judge is happy to see him, and this must be the bride with the nutty name. He laughs when she introduces herself as to Panga. That's silly. He introduces his wife, Puffofda.
Speaker 2: So funny, and this guy is so good. Both of them are amazing.
Speaker 3: But he is so understated, to the degree that when he says, this is my wife, Puffofda, you almost aren't sure if he's joking, like he's making a joke. It's perfect that he could be both ways. And then no, it's actually it. Actually you can call me.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, social.
Speaker 1: It turns and says, our one friend calls me Foofie. How do you do? Judge Bemis explains that Foofi will be their witness. She can't believe how young they are. The judge tells them to pay her no mind. They've been marrying folks for thirty six years, and she balls like a baby every time. Then he curtly snaps at his wife, stop it. Tapega thanks them for doing this at such a late hour. What time is it? Seven eight thirty eight? She's one hundred and five that's true. Topeka thanks them for doing this at such a late hour, and he tells them not to worry. Besides, they can't be choosy. Everyone wants a big wedding these days, no one wants to Elope. To Pega grins, well, I do, right, Corey. He just stares blankly at the judge and to Pega nudges him. Corey say, I do. He startled already, And then we're at.
Speaker 2: The I'm sorry, this is where for me for somebody as smart as to Panga to not constantly question, obviously, you don't want to do this, Corey, Like I know you better than anyone in the world, and I can tell you clearly don't want to be here, so why are we?
Speaker 1: And she seems to be like dragging him down the aisle by his face. Like on top of that, she doesn't really seem like this is something she really wants to do, other than the fact that very early on she was like, let's get married right away. She didn't go let the Elope. I love the idea of it just being the two of us.
Speaker 3: She's the one who said it's the most romantic thing I can imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The last scene, but he clearly doesn't want to be there.
Speaker 1: It's just yeah, and she, to me doesn't really see she's given him every opportunity to back out of this, so yeah, it just it feels yeah, Okay. Back at the apartment, which already seems a little nicer, Jack and Rachel are alone hanging out in the living room. Jack explains he and Sean are very different, but they're brothers and there's nothing they wouldn't do for each other. Then they beat each other up. Rachel laughs, Me and my sister are the same way. Jack suggests, well, if you're ever homesick and want to wrestle, Rachel's taken aback, what me wrestle with you? Oh god, no, I'm a girl. Then a millisecond later, she pounces on him and pins him down on the couch.
Speaker 2: Back to the physically dominating.
Speaker 1: Women, best type of the best type.
Speaker 2: Of women are men. Physically let's take you over and force you to see.
Speaker 1: She's been there for what half hour?
Speaker 2: Yeah? An hour hour and half No, I guess it's been half a day.
Speaker 1: She changed her clothes, she's out of up.
Speaker 2: Rode close, she put a robe on, put this on.
Speaker 1: Now on top of him, she adds, but I am one big old girl. At that same moment, Eric walks through the door and screeches loudly, his worst nightmare is come true. Jack smirks, yeah, that's right, and screeches right back. Rachel dismounts and tells Eric they were just fooling around. Jack reaches for her as she leaves, Please don't go. Rachel asks Eric where he went. Well, while you guys were having your little sumo fest, I was putting a crisis out on the home front. She asks if everything's okay, and Eric heroically responds, it is now Corey and Tapanga. That's my little brother in Topangae. They ran off to a lope. My parents went mental, and I calmed everything down. Rachel wonders, time for the old tap tap on soda. Of course I do it in real life.
Speaker 2: It's a tap tap tap tap on a soda.
Speaker 1: My friend the business. Rachel wonders how he did it. I said, calm down you. He recaps his advice, and Rachel admires how romantic he is. Eric mockingly laughs in Jack's face and Jack pushes back. She's not sitting on you, is she? Eric taps on his brain in here she is my friend. In here she is, Rachel reminds him she can hear everything they're saying. They look at her with worry, but she tells them how great they are. In fact, being with them has made her realize what a creep her boyfriend is, which.
Speaker 2: Give up her scholarship for Yale.
Speaker 1: She also just said, I can hear you, and what they were doing was being creepy. Yeah, and so now she's like, you guys aren't creepy, but I just heard them being creepy. Anyway, She says she feels like she needs a man in her life and always chooses the wrong one. So she's lucky to have found the two of them, and so glad they can live together without any relations happening. They both give her a pained smile and do their best to act like they're on the same page. Then Rachel pats them on their heads. We're going to be just like girlfriends once she's gone. They discussed this disastrous situation they put themselves in.
Speaker 3: So it's the implication that she won't have sex with them, right, But I think actually just hearing that red back. The point should be that she did hear them. She does think they're being creepy, right, and therefore she's going to say these things to force them to recognize that they can't be that way, like you know what I mean, Like she's like, but you guys are like she should be actually manipulating them with this, like we're just like girlfriends, like basically telling them there's no chance, right, But that's not the way it's played.
Speaker 1: So no, no, no, that would be good though, if she's.
Speaker 3: The YouTube right, like, if she's like basically saying to them, don't even think about it because we're roommates and I just want it to be that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I do think that was kind of what they were going for, but it doesn't feel that way and feel that way at all. No. Uh, but Eric has a light bulb moment. Girlfriends sleep together, bathe together, and even get to see each other naked. Jack reminds him we already do that. He's seemingly frustrated, but instead Eric tells him playfully the joke.
Speaker 2: I obviously add that I add, And so I think it was more like, don't tell anybody that we get in. So the button on the scene before you was where that was it? That was the end. Mhmm.
Speaker 1: We're in the Matthews backyard. Everyone including Peenie, are gathered together discussing Corey into Panga. Amy blames herself for being way too hard on them again, I can we see a replay?
Speaker 2: I she mustn't at all.
Speaker 1: Don't see it, don't don't get it. But I'm calling to Panga.
Speaker 2: The stupid horror that was a little right that night had been a little too far?
Speaker 4: Was far?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly Why couldn't you have gone to Yale that's coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been great. But Alan takes fault for his actions too. He's the one who shot Corey down after he had the courage to stand up to him like a man. Sean also feels he's to blame. Corey came to him for advice, and he told them to go ahead and get married. Everyone looks to Angela, but she's clear, don't look at me. I said all the right things, but it didn't matter. She did. Feoenie agrees, you can't tell Corey and Tepenga what to do. I've been trying to do that since the first grade, what every year since first grade?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been their teacher, their only teacher forever gosh.
Speaker 1: In fact, he remembers trying to separate their desks. Once she kicked him. He bit her, and some little punk kept saying leave them alone, they should get married. Sean jo, We.
Speaker 3: Met her and at the Corey's Alternative Friends and they were partnered up together and they hate at each other, and I thought she was weird and we.
Speaker 1: But also also and the monkey bars.
Speaker 2: And by the way, if you have one teacher for your entire life, you're just being indoctrinated. That's not education to tell you exactly that they're all just whatever.
Speaker 1: Phoenie thinks.
Speaker 2: That's the way it is. Now, that's not good.
Speaker 1: That's not it.
Speaker 2: That is the way Waldorf schools work. The same teacher it is.
Speaker 1: It's also a salad. Wait is it the Waldorf schools? Is that what it's called, right? Or is it Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Montessori Montosauri is another type of Waldorf as far as I know. The teachers stay with you all the way through high school or all the way through grades.
Speaker 2: But there's also Walnuts and weird kind of Walmart. And it's not my favorite.
Speaker 1: Sean Grins. I was cute then, huh, POENI nods precious. Then he tells everyone, your advice came from a good place. But Corey and Tapanga are in the first grade anymore. They'll be fine because they were well brought up. Alan adds, and well taught. Sean boasts, well, I've done the best I can. Amy size and sits down next to her husband. I wish we could be at the wedding. There's already wedding.
Speaker 2: It's like that again. The ship has flown there in the rockets, in the racket.
Speaker 1: Everyone seems to agree in silence, and then we're back at the wedding chapel. Foufee begins to play the wedding march on her organ, and Corey and Topanga make their way down the aisle. Together. They approach Judge Bemis, who begins the service. Fufie is getting hysterical again about how young they are. He sarcastically suggests they just give them back their money, and Fufe earnestly agrees with him. That would be a nice gesture.
Speaker 2: Nice gesture.
Speaker 1: The judge complains, thirty six years and she still doesn't get it. This is what we do for a living. He cuts to the chase with Corey and Tapanga. Corey, do you take Tapanga to be your wife for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health? And he says, I always have and I always will I do. Then he addresses to Panga and asks the same thing, but this time to Pega is the one who's at a loss for words. She stares at the judge blankly. The words to be continued appear at the bottom of the screen. Why tag, Why.
Speaker 2: Is Corey suddenly confident about it? Like what change? We'll find out next week, saying no is the only rebel. But then he was in the car, still not I know, asking the exit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't like and then none of it makes sense.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. It's unmotivated.
Speaker 3: It's like characters changing for the sake of making the change happen and making the transition happen. They're not actually motivated by the story or the plot or the events in any way.
Speaker 1: POV.
Speaker 3: Now everybody's just making a transition in their life, Like Sean's just going to go to college.
Speaker 2: We're just gonna I'm.
Speaker 3: Not going to do the photo photography job. Rachel's just going to move in. Everybody's just making decisions.
Speaker 4: Have some fun, but you can have mean think about like people make choices in those choices affect everybody else, and you see instead it's like everybody's just thinking about things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by the way, the car ride scene would have then had a point if Corey realized something in the scene with the parents, if he if his new POV was to Pango. When you first asked me, it felt overwhelming and I was shocked. But what occurred to me while listening to my parents is it worked for them, and now it worked for them. Look at the life they have. That's exactly what I want to have with you. I want to have a white picket fence. I want to have three children, I want to have.
Speaker 2: An eric Like that could have been a funny It could have been a really funny line.
Speaker 1: I mean stuff like that, you know, but like, this is what I want, and you know, if my parents aren't going to support it, then then what what's a big wedding if your parents won't even be there? And nothing is more romantic?
Speaker 3: And then you cut to to Panga looking out the window a little worried, like, oh god, now she's suddenly scared because he's all in then you get to the chapel and she's like wondering maybe, and then she backs out and then it's motivated because or.
Speaker 1: He's driving forward exact time.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm s I can't wait to have kids like Eric and Morgan.
Speaker 2: And that's what she's like, Oh god, yeah exactly. And then she's and we're not going to go to Yale? Who even needs college?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And he is rebella. Yes, he motivated.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would have I would have been for sure. And then to Bank is like, oh god, what did.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Our next episode is season six, episode two. It is called Her Answer, There you Go, Part two, which originally aired October second night.
Speaker 2: So that's what it's his answer Part one? Her answer answer to those those aren't parts of the same title. Those are different titles. That's gonna drive me crazy. I'm not okay with that. You see Roder just lying awake at night, just eyes wide open?
Speaker 1: Where's answer part two? And where's her answer?
Speaker 2: Part One's looking at the why go to you? Why didn't she go to going on?
Speaker 1: That's it. Well, thank you all for listening to this episode of Podmeets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram. Podmeets World Show. You can send us your emails Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com and we have merch.
Speaker 2: Got this new merch It is fine.
Speaker 1: Podmeetsworldshow dot com writer send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 3: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast producer hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Carp and Amy Sugarman Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tarasubasch producer, Maddie Moore engineer and Boy Meets World Superman Easton Allen.
Speaker 2: Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at Podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets World Show at gmail dot com