Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Talking Cowboys, springing live from the Dallas Cowboys World Course at the Star in Fristill.
Speaker 2: Six pass second, Pascott Tinson, any painty touchdown and now.
Speaker 3: Your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans. It is a say with your chest for Friday.
Speaker 1: Here on Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the SWBC Studios. Welcome in, everybody. It is Cowboys Steelers Hate Week as we enter Week five of the NFL season. Patrick no See Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stan Back. We've got Chris Beam in the back, the whole casting characters and crew ready to rock going into week five. It's a historic week, gentlemen, Let's absolutely go. Cannot wait for this matchup on Sunday night.
Speaker 3: Whether it goes well or not, it Tvdill.
Speaker 1: TVD, but I'm excited to see the game. Nonetheless, it's always exciting when the Cowboys and Steelers come together. Last five meetings between these two going all the way back to two thousand have been separated by how many scorers. Isaiah stand back, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know one score one score games.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm still I'm still. Are you waking up?
Speaker 5: I know, I'm still thinking about the game from last night. Did you guys not watch that to That game was nuts? It was an amazing game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a great, an amazing game.
Speaker 5: Everything went perfectly for the Falcons at the end of that the last series amazing. Just for those that didn't watch, I mean, I'm a football fan, so it was.
Speaker 1: A I mean, that was still went perfectly. They had a delay of game that pushed their field goal back a little bit further. Luckily they have you.
Speaker 5: That was a weird dude, I'm talking about To get him in that situation, you can handle. Sorry, mess up so often with names, dude, Sorry.
Speaker 1: I messed at dude.
Speaker 5: That was amazing, Like how you practice that in the in the Cohnas that it took of them to took from them to throw the ball in the field of play with no timeouts, crazy crazy strategy. That's something you go in on the huddle. You say, hey, we're throwing the slant. Everybody sprinter her. But to the lon of scrimmage. Give the ball to the to the to the uh to the referee. Haven't put that thing down and get it snapped and spiked one second left, So you do it. If that, if I mean, if if they would have held onto the ball for another half second, that game's over.
Speaker 1: Is amazing.
Speaker 3: But one thing I learned, not learned, but one thing I was wonderfully reminded of, and I wanted to say this on the air to day. I said it on Twitter a couple of days ago, and somebody talked about Twitter. Set it on Twitter. Yeah, Patrick a couple of days ago. Wait side, First of all, that is clean.
Speaker 1: That had.
Speaker 3: Quite drippy that someone said. They mentioned about Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. They're undefeated and Mahomes and that offense is not playing up to park quite yet.
Speaker 1: That is absolutely true.
Speaker 3: And my response to that was, it's almost like your defense has to be good when your offense is okay. And then you look at last night's game on Thursday Night football and uh, nice little reminders that when your defense is not playing well, your offense has to be good.
Speaker 4: Yep, okay, So it's like complimentary.
Speaker 3: Almost like complimentary football is a thing, right. So for Cowboys fans that look at that game, and what you will see is Kirk Cousins went.
Speaker 4: Off five hundred prime time US.
Speaker 3: Hundred yards of offense from Kirk Cousins alone.
Speaker 1: But that's what it took.
Speaker 4: You do it.
Speaker 3: That's what it took for them to win by six points.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's over five hundred yards for them to win by six points in overtime. Want a walk off touchdown?
Speaker 4: You had them doing the swag surf on you, right, Come on, man.
Speaker 1: Now imagine this.
Speaker 3: Imagine Kirk Cousins throws for that five hundred plus yards and his final throws an interception and they lose their game.
Speaker 4: Tony Romo special especially my point being went again complimentary football, and this is what the Cowboys need to strike.
Speaker 3: They want a perfect game, right, Every NFL team wants a perfect game. But what you can't have is an imperfect game from both sides of the ball in the same week. And that's why the Cowboys are two and two right now.
Speaker 1: You can't have complimentary football the other way, right, uncomplimentary what.
Speaker 5: You saw in terms of targets to Drake London yesterday. Ready, I hope to see that in regards.
Speaker 1: To CD game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, complimentary football is what's going to get this cowboy his team where they need to be. One side of the ball has to play well when the other side is not playing well. That's why Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are undefeated. That's why the Falcons are able to do what they did because they almost took down the Chiefs, right and you saw thirty six points on five hundred plus yards of offense from Kirk Cousins alone. He absolutely cooked up. But his defense they allowed a lot. But that's not what we're talking about, no, because the offense won that game.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Atlanta knows how to win close games too, because they're three and two. All five of their games have been in very tight fashion, very close games. Well yeah, and they do. They have some weapons. And oh are they on the schedule this year? They are? Oh my goodness, yes they are. Oh not that well, yeah, in week nine actually within the next the next five games, so yeah, that'll be fun. All right, News and notes, Patrick, No, see Walker, what do we got going wrong around here?
Speaker 3: At the start around hill around here? Okay, let's just jump right into the injury report. Trayvon Diggs showed up on the injury report yesterday with an ankle issue.
Speaker 1: He was limited.
Speaker 3: I saw Trayvon walking around in the locker room. He seems fine. I know, the big guys, seems fine. I talked to a couple of folks. There isn't any concern that he's gonna miss this game. I will put an asterisk on that, because as much as I would love to believe that, and I do believe that, they're so snake bit in here recently injury wise, where it's just like, man, I will see I'll see you when I see it. Okay, But as it stands, there's no concern. Hopefully he practices well today and to walk through tomorrow morning and then uh, and then he's good to go. But they're not concerned right now. So that's all I can say about that one.
Speaker 4: When that came through yesterday, I was like, I don't I don't like this.
Speaker 3: Well, it's not it's not his first time over the past couple of weeks on.
Speaker 1: It is this.
Speaker 3: There's hair in my soup, there's here in my my oats.
Speaker 1: If you've been a fan of this show for the last couple of years, you know what I'm about to say the bubble guts. Guy. Here's the thing. Not only is and I'm sure you'll get to Kaylin Carson and they had an update from Mike McCarthy yesterday from him. But if Trayvon Diggs is out, guys, I just I don't know, Jim, I don't think. I don't think. I'm I'm feeling good about that because you're you're starting Andrew Booth and Israel kwamu Ao as they call him.
Speaker 5: I mean, he played in his debut, but like, did you get the sense that Israel was their last resort?
Speaker 1: Somewhat figure that out. He's been here for a minute.
Speaker 4: So you're you're feeling like a bubbling cauldron is what you're saying for Halloween?
Speaker 1: Right about the foil over? If if Diggs does.
Speaker 3: Not just y, it is Halloween country, right, Yeah, So took How's point again, I'll restate as far as the organization is concerned, there's not any concern about Trayvon Diggs, as far as the reporter and analysts of No seas sitting here talking and looking at you. But I'm also meet so let me talk for me speaking for I'm going to give you both sides. Their side is they're not concerned. My side is I'm not really concerned. Concerned, but the curse that has been sprung upon this this team as of late, you know. So we'll see because I also remember markqui Spell coming out of that game couple uh finishing that game a couple of weeks ago, saying that he was fine.
Speaker 1: And then we'll see.
Speaker 3: Kaitlyn Carson practiced again limited capacity. So good news is he practiced twice this week. That is good so, but not full quite yet. Yesterday morning, before practice, Mike McCarthy said that Thursday was quote unquote a big day for Kayln Carson and he did not get downgraded. So what I want to see is how that segues over to today. I spoke with Kayln Carson in the locker room yesterday. He said he's feeling much better.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Now let's see what Friday's designations says. As far as questionable. If he's simply questionable, I think he plays. If he's doubtful again, I'm gonna scratch him and then we'll see, because then that makes some game time. But that doesn't give me the good the good butterflies, right, gives me moths.
Speaker 1: Moths, not the good butterflies. So we're looking for butterflies.
Speaker 3: We're looking for butterflies, not bubble guts.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a title for this. Butterflies could not not bubbles.
Speaker 3: Nice, Ryan Flinoy, Ezekiel Elliott speaking of Flinoy, but we're not speaking of Flanoroa. But we will get back to him in a second. As far as what the Cowboys need to expect from the young white receivers, no doubt. Ezekiel Elliott and Ryan Flanoy both left practice yesterday. They were limited but dehydration. It is unusually hot in this month of October for Texas, and Thursday is the heaviest padded practice of the week. So those boys were just out. They're going hard. Talked to Fluoya after the fact in the locker room. He said, he's perfectly fine. He just caught a cramp. Okay, it was a crampet face out of your hand, Isaiah. This one is all right, This one is okay. He caught a cramp. They put some I V in him and he's good to go.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Spoke with Ceedee Lamb about it, Ceedee Lamb, and this is his quote from the Allpro he said, can't wait to see him out there on Sunday. I like to hear that when it comes to flow. Everyone else, for the most part, your veteran days ended on Wednesday. They came back, Moly Hooker, Eric Kendricks, Jordan Lewis, and Zach Martin and yeah, Michael Parsons, Brandon Cooks as expected DMP, they're not playing. And that's kind of where we are flipping real quick to the Steelers side of the ball status cool for the most part, with the exception of Alex Highsmith still has a practiced and may not play based on reports. We'll see if he does, but if he doesn't, that's a starting edge rusher taking off of the table.
Speaker 4: And earlier this week that that All Pro guard James Daniels uh out for the season with the Steelers that maybe some I don't know, it might swing Manzie's way. Maybe maybe a little bit.
Speaker 1: We'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 3: We just need Mozzie to continue being building the pissed off behemoth and not you know what's his name from Green Mile? Yeah, don't be John Coffee, don't be the gentle giant.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 3: We don't need the gentle giant.
Speaker 6: We need.
Speaker 3: We need him out there kicking ass like he has been over the.
Speaker 1: Pat real quick. I want to I kind of want to go into one of the articles that you also had on Dallas Cowboys dot Com yesterday.
Speaker 3: It wasn't the science lab. It wasn't science science. It is technically because he's a science hater. He prefers social with your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I preferred lunch. Honestly, that's the best, the best, period.
Speaker 1: I can't is it better than Pe? I shan't yese?
Speaker 4: Lunch is better than pe one hundred thousand percent kidding me no, because you'd go to Pe on the on the fuel of a of a breakfast burger and strawberry milk, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like you were fueled up. The strawberry milk is gold.
Speaker 4: Strawry milk is goaded. Also chocolate milk, chocolate. Yeah, but it's like I just had crspitos and now I'm gonna run a mile, Like what are we doing?
Speaker 5: Nobody thought about fueling up as a kid because you didn't need you didn't have air sandwiches.
Speaker 1: You woke up fueled up.
Speaker 4: We had a we had you ever had a wish sandwich, wish sandwich.
Speaker 1: You never had a wish. You wish you had something between those?
Speaker 4: So that was the bread with cheese right with.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, so much. You never had a wish sandwich.
Speaker 5: No, I was catered you close your eyes, close your eyes, and you wish that you had a sandwich, and you wish.
Speaker 3: That you had a wish that struggle like sugar sandwich.
Speaker 4: And I'm affluent. If you guys didn't know, I.
Speaker 1: Believe Wait, what's a sugar chandwhich it's just that sugar in between the bread and never tried that beamer? Have you ever? You are affluent? Excuse me what I feel like you got?
Speaker 4: Have you got a wish sandwich before a wish sandwich?
Speaker 1: Yes, that doesn't sound like it.
Speaker 4: I've forgotten my lunch money a time or two.
Speaker 5: So you have money.
Speaker 1: We stop. We had free lunch right there. What you just said I did too, There is not reduced.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I had the little car pour and they were like, wow, that's poverty if I.
Speaker 1: Have If I was a ziploc change straight up the change.
Speaker 4: You guys didn't have zebra cake money.
Speaker 5: Where you're saying, wow, I was Indians of those with that. Yeah, you Brown, you're talking to a kid who peed on somebody's Jordan's at the at the peacetall yes.
Speaker 4: Why wait wait wait wait wait wait Yeah he told this story like last week.
Speaker 5: Ye I told I told hi last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on what this was and somebody had on some J's And I was like, oh you did say this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he just envy. Really, he didn't do anything to you.
Speaker 1: You just did it. Just show me. He showed me what level I was at.
Speaker 5: Just pure kindred wasn't at his level.
Speaker 3: Oh no, not even kids, that's just yeah.
Speaker 4: You just was that instant hands was an instant hands.
Speaker 5: It was instant, instant give down, and I was out gone.
Speaker 1: That's how that's how he became the mobile quarterback that he was washing.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have gotten away from me.
Speaker 1: I know, good, you gone. I've lost complete control. You guys look like you got in the same closets.
Speaker 3: Because I went from picture and Josh walking around with his painting in the air holding a moon pie.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm gonna clip that.
Speaker 1: By the way, I was Jordan's.
Speaker 5: You guys had strawberry milk. You guys are so cool.
Speaker 1: Goaded. All right, guys, let's talk football. There was an article that that Patrick wrote. He talked about Dak Prescott. I don't know Dak Prescott, CD Lamb, yes, and their message to the guys around them, the wide receivers, the tight ends, the fullback, that everybody that could possibly be on the offensive side of the ball. Pat what was that message and why was it so important to hear from Dak and CD yesterday?
Speaker 3: Well, the message from CD was was definitely a poignant one. We more poignant from Dak Prescott. But CD basically looked at him and he said, it's time ceedee. Lamb said it's time for the young guys to step up and show what they can do. When he said that, he believes that they will and they can. But if you're talking about opportunities, this is this is what happens in the NFL. The guy ahead of you goes down and you got to be ready to come in and do some damage. The poignancy comes from Dak Prescott, and Dak kind of indirectly spoke on his career arc in football and injury at Mississippi State. That's how he was able to get the starting position and he never looked back, became a record setting quarterback for Mississippi State. That put him on the NFL's radar. Obviously Cowboys radar. Cowboys get Dak Prescott with the fourth round pick. Dak Prescott came into training camp as a rookie in twenty sixteen and was he immediately behind Romo No, he was behind Kellen Moore and Jamial Showers. Shout out to Jamil Showers. If you know about Jamal then you know if you know, you're no converted quarterback safety, quarterback safety. He was whatever you needed him to be. Right, you went from showersfessional, You went from Showers to ragn is what you went from. So I like that Kellen Moore goes down with injury, Jamil Showers gets jumped on the depth chart, but he was also kind of more of a safety at that point.
Speaker 1: Dak Prescott. The rest is history.
Speaker 3: So Dak is basically looking at those guys and saying.
Speaker 1: Look at me.
Speaker 3: Use me as a testimony in this situation, right, they both Cowboys ceedee lamb Dak Prescott. Obviously they missed Brandon Cooks. They want Brandon Cooks back on the field. But the message to the young guys in the absence of Brandon Cooks is this is the NFL. You may not ever get an opportunity like this again. Maybe you will, maybe you won't, you don't know, So it has to be right now. So that's what they mean when you see Ceedee Lamb saying things like it's time, when you see Dak Prescott saying things like, hey, that's how I got my job here. That's how Tyler Smith became Tyler Smith in short order because Tyron Smith went down with injury. It's till fourth and so on. So that's the message.
Speaker 4: Message.
Speaker 3: It is quite literally now or never, and it always has to be now or never when you're fighting for that job.
Speaker 4: My thing is, so you're fighting an uphill battle here with at least with flow Ryan full. My thinking is that of course the opportunities there, you have to take it, but the snaps have.
Speaker 3: To be there, the play calls have to be there.
Speaker 4: He needs to be thrown the ball, you know what I mean, Like there are so many things against him in that sense, because we're not getting the ball to our wide receivers outside of Ceedee Lamb at this point. So hopefully the ball comes his way. But I just think expectations need to be tempered a little bit when it comes to flow, and I hope he gets open. I hope he sees some time on the field. I hope the snaps are there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you think I want? They have to run the ball. I know we're talking about receivers. This is gonna be to run the ball. They have to find a way to be affective on the ground because if you don't, then you have to be Kirk Cousins. You have to throw a ball fifty eight times in.
Speaker 1: A game, and you have to throw four touchdowns five nine yards. Yeah, so you know what I mean? Like, yeah, and they have to running.
Speaker 3: They have a stable running backs and Jon and Tyler still almost lost one hundred and nine and they still almost.
Speaker 5: So you don't want to do that now, you just don't, ya, So I understand that where you know, would like to see some of these younger guys step up, and they're gonna have to step up. And Tober is gonna get some some attempts, He's gonna get some targets. Camante Turpin is gonna get some targets. I like the fact that he building his confidence. I said all the way back to training camp, Turp runs really good routes, he has really good releases, but he has he had zero confidence when it came to actually being a receiver of the ball. If he can gain that right, because this is a game of confidence, regardless of the fact that you're at the highest level of competition. Everybody needs confidence. If he can gain that, he can be a huge contributor to this team. Because Turp, you're not getting your hands on him at the line of scrimmage. You're not going to stay with him if he decides to run past you. So the fact that once the ball comes there, he just has to catch it. So if he can get that confidence, then he can be a huge asset to this offense. So guys are going to have the opportunity to become what you can, which what we've probably envisioned him to become. Tober is going to have his chances to become what we've envisioned him to become. We've seen flashes of it from everybody. Turp has a touchdown this year, Okay, Tober's has some catches this year. So we've seen it, but you need to see it on a more consistent basis. And now these situations allow for you to see it on a more consistent basis, because this is going to be your receiving core for the next few weeks.
Speaker 6: This is it.
Speaker 5: It's not just an hour ever is now. It's next week and possibly the week after that. So for the next three weeks most likely, this is what you got for seeable now. This is for the four until the break, until the break.
Speaker 1: This this is what you got.
Speaker 5: So y'all can wish, think, hope for Bee Cooks to come back. Trust me, I've had a scope you out for a few weeks.
Speaker 1: So this is the struggle sandwich for the Dallas Cowboys. They wish they had. This is a wish. This you wish you had got one slice of ceed lamb, and that's what you got. Yet see the lamb.
Speaker 5: This listen, this is what we said it.
Speaker 1: This is a Jake Jake Ferguson game, right.
Speaker 5: So go back to what you did against Miles Garrett when you limited him to a strip. I don't consider it a strip sack. You limited him to a strip, a strip sack and whatever, all right, it was a strip sack on the books, but it.
Speaker 1: Was a strip.
Speaker 5: He didn't da didn't go to the ground ball got knocked out his hands. Okay, you helped Tyler Guiden, you helped him. Okay, you helped him a lot. He held his own, but you helped him a lot as well. You have to do the same thing, but on the opposite side. Ye, okay, just flipping to the other side, and now you got Terry Steel terror Steell has not been having his best season.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this already. He hasn't. Okay, he'll hopefully he'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: And I'm sure he's he's I know he's a competitor, and I know he works hard, as is somebody who got the bag for a reason. Okay, now that you got the bag, now that you had a little bit of a shaky start, get your footing underneath you, and going gets one of the best in the league.
Speaker 1: Kind of along those same lines. In this next break, I've got high five coming out today on Dallas Cowboys dot Com. More good. The topic this week is going to be five players that have to step up in this ball game. But I don't want it to be my five players. I want each of us to have a player i'll go best. Going to step up? Isaiya can go first? If you want you called it, yeah, and then we'll go past you second, Josh and go third. Beamer can go fourth, and I'll round it out. I want to be here, yeah, I want Beamer to have a shot at the back. So when we come back, we'll go to high five. Who needs to step up this week for the cowboys to come out on top? Right back with more talking cowboys after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today, Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 8: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 1: At and T five G.
Speaker 8: Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Seeatd dot com slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 1: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fan could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper. You love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors.
Speaker 10: Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't.
Speaker 1: Be beat better yet.
Speaker 10: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even taste here. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 1: To the Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oads, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Oh yeah, get your Quake ar code scan it, buy your oats from the internet. Have that opportunity to not be looking for a struggle sandwich at school. Don't do it right, Have your Quake ar code ready and you can buy your oats.
Speaker 4: Always have the oats, and then make sure you tell your friends I bought these from.
Speaker 1: Quickart codes on right these?
Speaker 5: Kay, Why I know you're a baseball guy, so am I almost forgot to announces and tell everybody. If you guys don't have anything going on, I know, you know some people travel and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you guysn't have.
Speaker 5: Anything going on Tomorrow, okay, there is a celebrity softball game. Nice tomorrow. Okay, celebrity softball game. Obviously none of the current Dallas Cowboys will be there because they'll be traveling. But myself, I'm not necessarily a celebrity.
Speaker 1: But guys like t o your.
Speaker 5: Urban, a bunch of other guys playing. Okay, yeah, so it's gonna be over here at doctor Pepper, what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not there anymore, but it's Rider's Field. Riders Field there, you know, Doctor Pepper dropped it there, you go dropped it. They didn't fund it, but Riders Field.
Speaker 5: Okay, right here in Frisz, go by the Star think think it's a seven gates over at five.
Speaker 4: Look at you, man, I like it there.
Speaker 5: I'm trying not to pull a hamstring, so I'm definitely going to get massage right after that.
Speaker 1: Man, you've got some You got some living up too, because there's one person on this panel that hit a actual over the wall homer in that ballpark. Oh okay, either over the wall.
Speaker 5: How far is the wall?
Speaker 1: Three sixty? It was like three seventy. The left field straight away we had.
Speaker 5: We had it at Globe Life. Will be in the home run that we had Globe Life. I hit the warning track like four. It was like, whatever that corner is that weird corner warning track pack? I mean and regular ballparks. I hit them over the fence. But that's not a regular ballpark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever that that?
Speaker 5: What is that weird corner at the Globe Life.
Speaker 1: Like it's shorter than riders Field. No, it actually look at it not the new look up.
Speaker 4: Look it up. Anyways, you guys wanted seven o'clock to come out.
Speaker 5: I think it's like ten bucks for tickets coming through. Celebrity Softball Classic dot Org. Celebrity come on out there there.
Speaker 1: You go look it up? All right?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Mario from South Texas, who's an avid listener, in one of our very favorites, he said, my struggle sandwich and this is Patrick no Walter's favorite. Oh my god. See my struggle sandwich was ketch up in between the two breads. Some of us, some of us were raised. Ketchup is so.
Speaker 4: Ketchup on a sandwich is the most foul.
Speaker 1: That's a hamburger.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, yeah, okay, sure, man, I don't care.
Speaker 4: But on a sandwich on like wonder like on white bread, that's wonder bread.
Speaker 3: Dude, you were affluent.
Speaker 1: I got wonder breads. He's got all the name brand stuff.
Speaker 3: He wasn't working working with the wonder bread Mario.
Speaker 4: You you I don't know who the sponsor, who the official bread sponsor is of the dollas Covin.
Speaker 1: Speak Bridge you got a lot of it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I picked my bread based off the price yep, cooler and price brown and cheap.
Speaker 1: They have that little like your side on the tag where it says like price per ounce and you kind of use that. We did have a Hostess bakery right by my house. We don't need to talk about this anymore, all right. This week High five topic of conversation is going to center around who needs to step up Kyle going into the weekend, who needs to step up and be at their best? On Sunday, I say, okay, there you go, like this class before the teacher got the rest of the question, I mean.
Speaker 5: There Jeopardy Baby, who is Yes, Jake Ferguson, I think he needs to get about seven seven targets.
Speaker 1: Okay, actually, I take that back. He needs seven completions seventeen yards.
Speaker 5: Seven completions. Hopefully it's not that much, hopefully seven for seven, But he needs seven completions and he needs about seven eight yards and he needs a touchdown. You need him involved in this game mainly because of the weakness of their defense. Is right in the middle. It's right in the core, right behind their linebackers. But it's easier said than done because you need the time to get there. So if you can block it up and get these guys taking care of upfront with your blocking schemes, you can have time to work to the middle of the field. Jake Ferguson has nobody that can stop them on this team, because you're not gonna ask mek A Fitzpatrick to come down there and roll coverage over to him, because then you're now not having anybody over the top of the CD Lamb. So I think that they're really gonna come from the state of mind of, Hey, we're gonna get up to the line of scrimmage, be fizical, CD lamb at the line of scrimmage, put us safety over the top.
Speaker 1: Good luck, We've.
Speaker 5: Seen you be emotionally irrational this year. We're gonna try to get you back to that state of mind. Okay, We're gonna try to put you right back in that and you let somebody else win. So Jake has been you just got back last week. Let's see if you have any juice.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's a perfect segue for me. Thank you so much for that's the Wayne Wade Lebron James Boom. My answer is CD Lamb. Okay, I know yesterday was yesterday before to Marvin Overshown, I'm going to go to the offensive side of the ball for this particular question because I feel like it's for everything that Isaiah said. Seed the Lamb's going to draw all the coverage, He's going to draw all the cheats, all the disguises, and he needs to punish them for it. Ceedee Lamb has not had four complete quarters of football yet this season, and that needs to happen as well. If Ceedee Lamb can punish the Steelers in that secondary that's eighth worst in the league and yards allowed for reception fourteenth in the league, and receiving touchdowns allow you punish them, that's going to make it easier for Jake, But guess who it's really going to make it easier for these young guys who are trying to step up in the absence of Brandon Cook's right, because with him dominating like that, they're going to give that much more attention to him and the other guys can eat. So for me, it has to be Ceede Lamb. This needs to be a one hundred plus yard two touchdown game for Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 1: Nice. That would be big time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big time, big time, big receiver, big stage, big money, big money.
Speaker 1: Special players, special places, players, money to money players. He ate money, the money. Let's go. What do you think? Sometimes it ain't the.
Speaker 4: Ricos I doubt if you want to do that and.
Speaker 1: One of those.
Speaker 4: Yes, quell the talk clip put an end to the conversation. If you're running back one, if you're taking the job over Ezekiel Elliott, prove it, dude, Yeah, catch By, you're running behind Zach Barton, You're running behind Cooper Bebee. I need you to help. Terrence Steele obviously gets chippy. You're gonna need to get chippy with t J.
Speaker 1: Watt.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, But Ricodowdle prove it to him. Quell the talk, stop the comp yards you need I need one hundred and forty five men, I need give me give me ninety yards.
Speaker 3: Ninety give me nice a lot, boy, I like it.
Speaker 1: If you cut that, by chance, do you have please tell me you have that? Oh Douglas is gonna use this. Oh yeah, Bud, I'm gonna knocking Doug. Doug's gonna use that. That was w w ees guy, who.
Speaker 10: Where do you go to school?
Speaker 1: South Carolina?
Speaker 4: So Carolina? Wag it a two hundred and fifteen chromo?
Speaker 1: Just now every part of it. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: He just served as like week five.
Speaker 1: I don't even really want to go after that. I kind of just want to like end the show here. That's gonna do it for us here. I'm talking cowboys pretty good. I can't do it. You got it? You gotta oh man to that. Guys have been sick. Well, good thing. I'm not next Beamer is Beamer? Who's the guy who needs to step up going into this week?
Speaker 4: Oh Terrence Steele?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Because he's going c J Watt? I mean, come on, man, if you if.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to pass the ball obviously, so if he can't stop TJ wat.
Speaker 1: We're in trouble. Yeah, I agree, facts, I agree. I say him because the TJ usually plays on that side.
Speaker 3: It's like just said though the running backs Rico dawdle Ezekiel Elliott, you need to break up the Pringles camp if it gives one. You can't just have one exactly. You can't just have one chip, need multiple chips.
Speaker 1: Yep. And I think that's kind of my thought process in this. It could be any of the corners, any of the corners, because we don't know what Trayvon Diggs injury severity looks like right now. Right now, it sounds good, sounds like he'll be fine and he's able to play. Caitlyn Carson not so much so. It sounds like you're gonna have Ao back out there. You're gonna have Andrew Booth back out there. I'm gonna say specifically, I need Andrew Booth to step up. He was the one that got the starting snaps. He was the one that had the opportunity over Israel Mukuamu, who traded for. He was the one that they made a move for in training camp for this very reason, as depth in the rotation, they didn't think he would be a starter this quickly because they had anticipate to have Deron Bland, they anticipated to have Kaitlin Carson. They contested to have a healthy Trayvon Diggs. But not only if Trayvon Diggs is not available, Not only is Andrew Booth certainly going to be your number two corner on the boundary, he may be your number one corner on the boundary, which means you're going up against George Pickens, you're going up against Johnson, You're going up against some of these other guys on the outside for Pittsburgh that are going to challenge them. I need Andrew Booth to step up in a big way. I like where you guys are headed, though, because it's not always about the depth taking a step forward. Jake Ferguson was a Pro bowler last year. Ceedee Lamb is one of the best receivers in the NFL. Rico Dowdell was given this RB one opportunity. Terrence Steele has the big paid money as the starting right tackle. You guys are all saying guys that need to step up because they're the money and the heart and the soul in the cornerstone of this team because a lot of times, if you're missing the cornerstone, the rest of it has to step up in a big way. And I like the way you guys outlined it's really cool. All right, but high five coming out later today on dallascowboys dot Com. Plenty of time to check that out going into the weekend. Five guys to step up in those roles because of the injuries and because the Steelers are a tough task coming up on Sunday. All right, when we come back here on Talking Cowboys, it's time for our Pickham segment. Only a couple dog opportunities this week, but we've got some Pickham segments. If you want to represent the fan, give us a call. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven be our fan representative today with more Talking Cowboys in our Pickham segment coming up next, Beamer please.
Speaker 8: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and t five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and T five G Fast, reliable, secure, five.
Speaker 9: DW requires can Apple plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. Seeatt dot com slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 11: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, Hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated Colster cankooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot Com. Check it out today. Yeddi Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: And we're going to overtime Erica.
Speaker 3: How much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 7: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tool feature required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message in data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 1: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys. This portion of the show is brought to you by in visa line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. All smiles here on this say it with your chest for Friday. Here from Talking Cowboys, Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand Back of Kyle Yelmans, Chris Beam in the back has our Pickham standings update.
Speaker 4: And who had a great week last night?
Speaker 1: That would be Kyle Yeoman's five and one last week. His only loss was the Green Bay Packers. That's fine with you, Patrick is.
Speaker 4: Where are you?
Speaker 1: Patrick? Where am i? You're a Georgia Uh huh dog?
Speaker 3: Because he knows how to pick dogs. He's picked every single dog this week. He is your dog winner.
Speaker 1: He has top Dog. He is the top dog.
Speaker 4: He always picks dogs because he is a dog.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: He has nineteen wins. Isaiah standback has sixteen. What happened there?
Speaker 3: Isaiah?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 2: Josh is at eighteen wins and the fans have eighteen wins. The fans don't how to pick a dog too.
Speaker 1: By the way, Hey, old top Dogs, spect you Kyle, Top Dogs. Thanks Kaman, appreciate that's awesome. All right, We've got a phenomenal guest. Phenomenal guests this week, one of my favorite. Actually, he still owns my favorite talking Cowboys phone call since I've been on this show. This is JOSHU in North Carolina. And it's not just Josh. This is Josh with his what grade class? Josh, do you have again? Fourth? This is my fourth grade class? By hello, we got an entire fourth grade class led by Josh who's an avid Cowboys fan. And Josh, you listen while you're at work on your way to work. We appreciate you every every year giving us a call, but every week listening with us again. So we're gonna we've done this before. You ready to rock? You' all ready to go? You throw Where am I throwback? Troy Yikman Jersey Today he's Mojo is with it? I like it all right. Here we go, starting with our possible dogs this week. These are teams that are underdogs by at least six points at least a touch touchdown. The three possibilities are the Cardinals, who are playing on the road against the forty nine Ers, the Giants who are on the road against the Seahawks, and then the Sints against the Chiefs on the road at Arrowhead. Cardinals, Giants, Saints, who's your dog, Isaiah, give me the Saints, the Saints.
Speaker 4: I'm picking the Saints.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to ride with the Cardinals on this one.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm right there with you. Give me the Cardinals. What do you think, Josh? New Orleans, New Orleans. Okay, here we go now getting into our Pickham segment. The Jets and the Vikings across the pond? In is it London Tottenham Hotspur Stadium? I believe Tottenham. So Jets at Vikings? Josh in the fourth grade class? What do you guys say? Okay, I I may need you to say that one one more time. What was it? Minnesota? Minnesota? Patrick? What do you think? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, it's pissed off? Aaron Rodgers. Man, I'm going to kids here.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I don't want the kids. Would have gets me on the dog pick Yeah? I love the kids, I do, but sorry, kids, I'm going Aaron Rodgers and the Jets.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm taking six. No, let's go.
Speaker 1: Viking, aren't they four? Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Isaiah. So, my brother in law is an avid Jets fan, Avid Jets, Jts, Jet Jets Jets all the way through. He's the one that bought me this hat. And I had to wear it today because I think the Jets get to win and give the Vikings their first loss of the year out across the pond in the international, first international game of the year. Jets get it done. Yet that doesn't matter. That doesn't matter. Ravens at Bengals. This will be a fun one. Bingals really need a win again. Josh will start with you. Let me was that Josh's guys? Yeah? What was that one again? We couldn't hear you. It kind of broke up for a second. Ravens. I like it. I like it. What do you think, Josh?
Speaker 4: Rushing attack of the Baltimore Ravens.
Speaker 1: Get it done.
Speaker 3: See, I agree with the kids on this one. I think the Ravens are They're heating no, so I'm taking Baltimore.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take the Bengals at home. They need to win. They're desperate. I think they're gonna get it done desperate, Kyle. Last time I checked, I got more wins.
Speaker 3: Because freaking special possible dogs.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think my records you're a liars, but you are not true Sayer. I'm going with the Ravens. Ravens all right. Dolphins at Patriots Josh in North Carolina. Patriots. All right, Patriots, jay Rod, what do you got? Let me take the Patriots on this one. Okay, I'm going Patriots, Isaiah at home. The Dolphins, even without two Mike McDaniels is going to figure it out. I think I'm with you on this one. I finally agree with you to creative. Give me the Dolphins here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure they'll figure it out. Cous this week, let's go. That's what that position is in shambles in Miami. So I'm taking Patriots at home.
Speaker 1: Patriots at home, Bills at the Texans. This might be my favorite matchup to watch outside of the Cowboys this week. Patrick, I'll start with you on this one.
Speaker 3: This is as both of these teams need need a better showing this week. I'm going Texans on this one. I think Texans Texas at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Bills necessarily have it this year. I really I'm not seeing it, especially when they go up against a quality offense.
Speaker 3: They let me down last week. I'm not going with them again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Texans, I think they rebound. Give me Buffalo on the road to beat the Houston Texans. Isaiah, give me the Texans. Texans. Okay, Texans at home. That Bill's at Texans, Josh the bill with some emphasis there too. I like it, y'all. You guys are bringing the energy. This is awesome, all right. Raiders at Broncos. This is another tough knit game where two teams kind of need to win with their quarterbacks. Isaia, I'll start with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think the Raiders are on the cusp of losing their whole locker room.
Speaker 1: So I think I think, Wow, you think it's Broncos. I'm gonna take Denver. I don't know if it's that severe with the Raiders yet, is it?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: Give me the Broncos.
Speaker 4: What do you think to heck with your science? Man, I'm going.
Speaker 1: You just wanted to say that. I just want to say that.
Speaker 3: I don't know that the Raiders on the verge of collapse, but it's too much drama. And Number one where I receive it isn't playing this week because of a here. I'm strong Bonnicks is heating up. Broncos won two in a row and they're going to be at home. I'm taking dig.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you got to protect your trade stock, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta you gotta help it out right, Raiders at Broncos. What do you guys think from Yes, that's a smart par smart pick everybody, smart pick. Okay, here we go the game. We've all been waiting for the Dallas Cowboys on the road at the Pittsburgh Steelers. First time these two storied franchises have met in prime time since nineteen eighty two. It's been a long time since these two teams have gone up against each other. The Cowboys are banged up, but so are the Pittsburgh Steelers. We'll go to you guys, Josh and North Carolina. You and your classroom, say hey, hey, say that score one more time. It broke up just for Cowboy twenty four to ten. Josh again, Thank you so much. You guys did a great job. Can I get a cheer from you guys one more time? Awesome stuff? Fourth grade class out in North Carolina, Cowboy, Yes, sir, freak it. Love it? Thank you guys. There you go by houses. Wow, that was funny over there. I can't disagree party over there. Thanks guys. All right, try to get away for you two hours?
Speaker 2: You love it?
Speaker 1: Oh you can't get away, No, Dad, I don't really want to dad life, but say you Pat no Ce.
Speaker 3: God, this is it almost always comes down to the wire for these two teams, and it will again this time. Cut punches throughout the fourth quarters, nobody pulls away, and then a field goal wins it thanks to Brandon Aubrey. Oh Cowboys twenty four to twenty one, twenty four. Yeah, I think this is going to be a cardiac event.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a cardiac event. And it might be Brandon Aubrey from sixty two seventy.
Speaker 1: To seventy two outside. With the wind that is back, they're gonna play the Winspry's.
Speaker 4: Going to cover over with the seventy outside, They'll have to pull that one a little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm kind of in the same mindset. I think it will be a tight game, and the reason being, I know they're banked up. I know the Cowboys have all these missing pieces. But we saw in twenty twenty just how they can fare against the Pittsburgh team that was playing very good, very good football. At the time. They were eight and oh. I believe they went to nine and oh with the win. But it was a tight game, and Garrett freaking Gilbert was at quarterback. That's who you had original o'gilly, and it still was fine, at least for the moment. And they challenged this Pittsburgh team, and it's McCarthy going home. He's going home, and I think he's gonna come back with an l. I think it'll be tight that pivot. But I think the Cowboys lose twenty eight twenty four to these SAME's kind of score, same kind of game where it's gonna be. I just think Pittsburgh is a little bit deeper, and I think they have a little bit more confidence in their ball club right now, and I think they come out.
Speaker 5: With the win.
Speaker 1: I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: I have a little boost of confidence, especially after that last call. I'm feeling energized. I'm feeling excited. I actually want to see this game now. I was a little hesitant before.
Speaker 3: Kid's got you right.
Speaker 4: They got me right. I'm feeling good about this one. I'm going Dallas thirty one, twenty.
Speaker 1: Score. When on the road, I'm liking it, Isaiah very nice.
Speaker 4: I'm liking it all right.
Speaker 1: Going well, where we playing Pittsburgh. They what's the record? Three and one? They lost to the coaches Yeah, they did lose to a Manicles team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a bad a week, so maybe they have another bed's.
Speaker 5: Going Dallas Cowboys sixteen Pittsburgh's Eilers.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven twenty seven sixteen. I just think.
Speaker 5: The physicality and the depth and what they're doing over there right now, the momentum that they're playing with, the confidence that they're playing with last week is easy for them to write off as an e learning learning learn lesson fields is doing a good job of not turning the ball over. He's being very selective in terms of where he's putting the ball at. They're making the system easy for him. They're going to make it even easier by running a ball. You're playing against a team that you feel like you can control the line of scrimmage against against the Dallas Cowboys on both sides of the ball, Dallas doesn't have a way with their personnel wise. I'm not saying scheme wise, but personnel doesn't look great against them in terms of stopping fields. I think it's just a tough matchup man and and Dallas struggles against really physical teams. And this is Mike Tomlin now we're talking about. This is a Mike Tomlin team that's playing with confidence. They're three and one. They lost last week off of they shouldn't have lost, but they did. I don't I think they find a way to get back feeling confident again back home with those towels rolling.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be a tough three game stretch, including the buye in there to Pittsburgh, Detroit, San Francisco, Detroit. You gotta win this game, you really do. I said it. I said it last week after the Ravens loss. I said, if they lose one of the next two d New York and Pittsburgh, I'm pressing the panic button because of how tough this stretch is. But if they can steal one or two over these next three weeks, Steelers, if they can steal one or two, I'll feel much better about it. And it starts this week. It starts with Pittsburgh. You gotta get it done.
Speaker 3: I picked Pittsburgh. Well, it's a big fair. I picked the Giants last week and Spike, well, yeah, I kind of did.
Speaker 1: Was pissed off. I needed them to get mad. That's what I was saying about the kids. You said pissed while kids were on the phone.
Speaker 3: You can say pissed around you can.
Speaker 5: It's literally on like the depends on the neighborhood that you grew up in, Kyle.
Speaker 3: These kids were in North Carol. They don't know a lot around Isaiah. Depends on if you're standing next to him. We're in Jordan's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just there. That does it for us. Talk to cowboys one with us here on this. Say it with your chest Friday, We certainly said it with our chest for Isaiah. Stand back, Josh Rodriguez, Patrick No Sea Walker, Chris Beam in the back. I'm cal Yoman saying so long. We'll see you on Monday. Don't Cowboys take down the Stealers. This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.