Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Betting Pros. It's time to place your bets. It is me Joey f joep Zapia and this is VP NFL. It's time to continue our NFL preview series. If you've missed them, go back and watch on demand on our Betting Pro channel. Subscribe today, help us get to one hundred thousand subscribers. We can do it with your help. I believe in you. But today we have found ourselves in the South. It's hot here in New Jersey. It's humid. I might as well be in the AFC South right now. That's how I feel. And I know what you're saying. This isn't the sexiest division. But if there's two guys who can make talking about the AFC South sexy, it's the Undertaker Andrew Erickson and my man Terrell Fermit Junior. And we are going to talk about the AFC South, our favorite bets, the team totals, who's gonna win this bad Boy and more. And don't forget before we jump into here this conversation with two feet. The Betting Pros app is out for you. Got it on iOS, got it on Android, got it everywhere. Seek your sports books for free, bets, smarter, not harder about game picks, product props, parlays, you name it. In fact, I can't even say it. It's so good, that's how good the tools are. But again, we're talking about things like the picktracker systems, we're talking about in season, the prop at cheat sheet, all of the things that are gonna help you become a more successful wager or here at your fingertips with the Betting Pros app, and so much work is going in to the redesign of the app and more tools to help you become successful. So there's no excuses right now. Download the Betting Pros app, start to use tools like the picktracker to see what's working for you's not what's working for other people, and then you can just follow their picks too. Again, all of this is on the Betting Pros app. Sign up today by downloading the bad Boy wherever you get your apps, or go to Betting pros dot com and sink your sportsbooks for free. All right, gentlemen, let's kick things off here with what's going on since last we left this division. The Houston Texans added some wide receiver help, which they needed because Tank Dell. Unfortunately his career is in jeopardy. That's for sure. We have, of course, Stefan Diggs has moved on, and they've brought in Jayden Higgins via draft, Christian Kirk via free agency, and Jalen Nole via draft too. They traded Laramie Tunsel, the one good offensive lineman they had. Sure, why not. Look, the offensive line hasn't been good basically since C. J. Stroud got there, So Torell, I don't know at this point if we should be worried about it or not, because it's never been any good and yet they've still been a pretty good team. Stroud did regress a little bit in year two, but that was bound to happen. Sure, the offensive line was a big part of that, but they did have a fantastic winning the playoffs. So where the Houston Texans reloaded, restocked and ready for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would love to say a clear cut yes, but it's really just a yes because everybody else looks horrible. Like you understand, you know those group of people that just hang around with a bunch of people that bring them down.
Speaker 3: So that they look elevated. That's what the Houston sect since look like here. They look like the.
Speaker 2: Pretty chick that's standing around with a bunch of sixes, maybe some fives, and she's really only a seven point five, maybe that, but she looks like a ten, and the Texans look like a ten, even though the offensive line has so many question marks, so many question marks. Trent Brown, Cram Robinson coming in, but they traded Lambretzonsel, their best offensive lineman, and now there's question marks on all five positions. Like regardless, if they figure it out and if CJ. Stroud is able to move on into year three with playing behind a bad offensive line, I really do think that the rest of the division being this bad is really the only saving grace for the Texans.
Speaker 1: All Right. I love Jadon Higgins. I like Noel too. Jadan Nole is a nice player. I think that they did a good job of bringing in more help at wide receiver, but you need time to throw the football. That's still the thing that I'm shocked that they didn't do more this offseason to really improve the offensive line. I like the defense of the Texans. The head coach ericson what'd you make of their offseason?
Speaker 4: Well, they fired Bobby Slick, which I think was the right move to make, and they made an in team higher across the offensive line, someone that comes from Cool Popovic coming from the New England Patriots, so I think that or he has stems from the Nicle Patriots. Was the assistant offensive line coach last season. So I think there's really nowhere to go us but up when it comes to the offensive line, Like you guys outlined two years ago, it was they were all injured and that's why they were bad. Last year, they stayed healthy, but there was no creesiveness with it, so they were just bad. So yeah, for the worst offensive line again, well it's been the case the last two seasons and the Texans have won games and gone to the postseason and won the division. So I think that you guys kind of make a great point where this division is just really weak and they're the best team in a weak division and the defense is still really good. Yeah, like that's the thing that has kind of I think that's kind of what helped them last year overcome the offensive issues. Now I think that we should expect the defense kind of maybe take a step back, that won't be as good in terms of creating turnovers, creating pressure. But at the same time, I just think that schematically, Nick Hayley coming in as the offense ave coordinator coming from the Rams, again also stemming from the New England Patriots getting Sky's connection with Donte Karnakia like the offensive line king. So I think that that just even if the personnel doesn't look great, I think that's schematically it's going to be better. It's going to give Shrouds more time. Even though there's an average offensive line. I think it's going to do a lot to help them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, you still got Hunter, you still got Anderson, you got pass rush there. You know you got Stingley, you got you got a lot here.
Speaker 5: The CJ.
Speaker 1: Gardner Johnson there came over last year. I still think that defense. I believe in them. The Jacksonville Jaguars another year, another head coach. That's how things go in Jacksonville. Usually Liam Cohene comes over from the offensive coordinator job in Tampa takes over for the Jacksonville Jaguars as their new head coach. They draft the two way player Travis Hunter, They draft bas Shell Tuton. Is that enough of a change to really change the stars for the Jaguars Andrew Erickson. Would you make of the Jags offseason?
Speaker 4: I think it was pretty positive in terms of who they added. Adding Travis Hunter kind of fixed two team needs they had. They needed another receiver and they really need to need a defensive back, so they got two positions with one player. So we'll see how things kind of shake out with him, especially when we get into our wild card bets. When it comes to Travis Hunter, I think it's just really you gotta have some action on Travis Hunter this season in some ways some form, because he's too fun of a player to not bet on him to do something great as a true unicorn in the NFL. But I think that bringing in Liam Cullen just like what he did with Baker Mayfield. But Trevor Lawrence, maybe he'll never live up to what he was supposed to be coming out of Clemson as a number one overall pick. But I mean, I can't say that he's ever really been put in a situation where it was a wheels up like this is the perfect spot for him to succeed. I think William Cohen showed last year with Baker Mayfield that hey, he can put players in positions to succeed, So I would expect them to be better than they were last year.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody's down in in Liam Cone is a good offensive mind Terrelle. I'm just not sold in the fact that he's a good he's a head coach or ready for that sort of job. I'm not. I wasn't impressed with press conferences that he had. I wasn't impressed with some of the the layouts of what his plans were for the organization. I thought it was a surprising hire, to say the least, to be honest with you, especially when you see guys like Brian Flores, you know, floating around who have head coaching experience, you know, great defensive background. You know, maybe you can you know, get you know tighter as an organization, maybe a little bit more discipline because discipline is kind of lacked in Jacksonville for many, many years. So what do you make of Cohen and when you make of the draft? Here? Took Touton's an exciting player, we know that. But Travis Hunter, can he withstand the season as a two way player? That's the big question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shout out to my guy to in former North Carolina A and c Aggie Aggie Pride. You know, I got to show a little bit love for my alma mater there. And there's a whole defensive side of ball that I haven't heard anybody talk about this entire offseason. And we're just gonna expect the Jags that have it figured out there, Like is there a legit plan? And I understand they took a few guys in the draft on defense and I help try to build out some depth there, but I just don't trust that they're going to be legit on the defensive side of the ball. And then if Goldie Lots gets out there and starts turning the ball over crazy, I just don't know what's gonna happen. Like there's the wheels could fall off for Jacksonville, Jacksonville's pick near the top of the draft. It feels like every year the past five seasons. I just don't know how much more they have to give. And I think they did rush to Cohen higher.
Speaker 3: I don't don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I felt like I felt like there was more due diligence that could have been done. And I'm just very very interested to see what the changes are on the defensive side of the ball. Yes, you're a good offensive mind, but there's two sides of the ball here, and you've got to be able to play defense in NFL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm skeptical, to say the least. The Indianapolis Colts. I'm also skeptical. Man. I had high hopes for the Colts last year. This was kind of my sleeper team that I will take in l on because I like Change Sichin as a as a football mind, and I still do. I think it's been in a weird situation here with Anthony Richardson. They brought in competition in the one Jane Daniel Jones, your old friend from the New York Giants there who worked in Minnesota for a short time, and now he is, I guess, competing for the number one job. If Richardson falters, if he gets hurt again, it's Daniel Jones. They drafted Tyler Warren. Charvari's Ward was brought in to help out a little bit at corner. So that's kind of the major moves. Like Warren is a huge talent out of Penn State. I think everybody thinks he can be a great player, but you know, you got to be as good as the guy throwing in the football. And that's been the problem here for this team the last two years. Who's throwing the football? How consistently and how's that working. We know the raw athleticism of Anthony Richardson Turell, we know what it is. However, we haven't seen him develop into a quarterback. I don't doubt the kids work ethic. I just doubt the amount of reps he's been able to get between college and the NFL. I kind of almost wish NFL Europe was a thing where he could go out there and play there for you know, a summer, and like figure things out and maybe come back and get some more reps. But that's the problem. It's like you're right into the fire again with Richardson. So is he gonna sink or is he gonna swim?
Speaker 3: This year?
Speaker 2: This is the rock in a hard place because you're deciding between Daniel Jones and Anthony Richardson, and you chose to make this decision to have to pick between the two, like you chose to put yourself in that situation. The Colts are a dumpster fire. I'm gonna just go ahead and say it. I have no idea what the Colts are gonna do because you have to give the ball to Richardson and you got it. At least see what you have there, because everybody knows what you have in Daniel Jones. Daniel Jones has been under different coaches, albeit he still played for the Giants. He's been under different coaches, He's been under different offensive schemes, and it has not translated.
Speaker 3: He's not good.
Speaker 2: And so if Anthony Richardson is not able to go in there and make that leap and you at least hey try by fire and play through them and see if it works that. If it doesn't work, then all right, we're gonna move on as a staff and figure something else out. That's gonna be what the Colts are gonna have to do this season. Are you gonna be ready to move on enough? And I don't think they are. I think that they're gonna take this and it's gonna be Richardson, Jones, Richardson Jones, richards and Jones, Richardson Jones all season and that's gonna kill the morale of the scene.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Look, it's it's trying to figure out like if you're setting the table Ericson, And you've got like this fine china and it's really elaborate and decorative, but it's super fragile, and you know, maybe it's not big enough for all the food you want to eat on it, and you're not sure if it's gonna hold up. And then there's Daniel Jones, who's the opposite of the Anthony Richards in China. It's that he is like the you know, the Dixie paper plate, like you kind of know what you're getting there, but you know that's kind of flimsy too, and you go to the cookout and you fill it up too much. Next thing you know, it's starting to flip over a little bit. It's not good. It's not the Dixie get you gotta get you to get you a second one, or you gotta get like the real good brand. So Dixie's like the good one. It's like the store brand paper plates at the cookout. That's kind of what I feel like you're doing with Daniel Jones. So Ericson, who plays more games at quarterback this year for the Colts? To me, that is the question that informs your wagering decisions.
Speaker 5: Man, that is a tough question to answer.
Speaker 4: Who's gonna play more games, because it could really depend on who stays healthiest because both these quarterbacks have dealt with a lot of injuries throughout their NFL careers. I think it's going to be I think it'd be close down to a split. I think would be eight for one guy and nine for the other guy, and maybe it's eight all in a row and then the other guy takes the second half of the season, or it's more of a flip flop like Trail kind of outlined. I just think with the Colts in general, they're a team that's going through an identity crisis. Where are we trying to build Richardson up as our franchise quarterback because he's still super young, and or we're trying to win games with Daniel Jones because the GM and head coach are on the hot seat. So you have these two conflicting things going at it. And that goes to the problem of having these two types of quarterbacks, because if the Colts win with Daniel Jones, at the end of the season, what are we winning? Okay, now you got to pay Daniel Jones, Like, oh, that's great, We're feeling to be fantastic firsus, Well, we should really get the best to look with Kennon Richardson, and then you lose all these games, but then the coach and GM get fired. So it's really hard. And to Trell's point about them being a dumpster fire. When I did their win lost projections, I was not kind to the Napolis Colts, thinking that this could be disastrous. The one thing I will say that works in their favor, and this is something that I kind of looked a little bit more deeply at as they're probably the one team in this division actually has a good offensive line that you can actually feel pretty confident in, so they were ranked fifth by PFF. They have two really good Star Wars players, specifically on the left side at left tackle left guard. So I mean, if the quarterbacks just feeding Jonathan Taylor and that's how they're winning games, then maybe you could see, Okay, maybe they make some noise, but I think I just leaned towards the ladder of I think that this is going to be probably more ugly than pretty at the end of the end of the season.
Speaker 1: Your responses, both of you to any question regarding the Colts both were met with long pauses, which should tell everybody if you're wagering, you should have a long pause before you wager on the Colts because it's unknown, because it's tough to invest in. This is look, this is real shows about investments. At the end of the day, you want to invest in the Colts, you want to invest in the Ravens. You know what I'm saying. I think that's a question you got to ask yourself. And I don't want to invest in the Colts because I don't think there's enough value even to invest. Now, the Tennessee Titans, they're turning the keys over to the car to cam Ward number one overall pick in the draft, l like a omanor also coming in their wide receiver. They brought in Tyler Lockett this offseason. So the Titans trying to remake the offense, the will Lewis experiment hopefully is over Look. You got Pollard, you got Taj Spears ericson, you got some talent on the offensive side of the football. The defense, I think, you know, we have some questions about where they're going to be in terms of in terms of talent level and productivity. It's you know, still working their way into this new regime. From last we left them. So what do you make of the Titans offseason and the rookie taking over at QB and cam Ward?
Speaker 5: I think Kim Ward's kind of exciting.
Speaker 4: I think that he could be a player that could potentially win games for the Tennessee Titans, but I think they'd also be a player in somewhat of a Will Levis fashion, can also lose games for his teams with stupid turnovers, which we know Brian Callan was not a fan of. I think my issue with the Titans and not be able to back a okay first overall pick rookie quarterback.
Speaker 5: Does he have a CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud type of impact that jayde Daniels have of impact in year one? Again talking about teams that go from fourth to first in their division, the Titans are one of those teams that you kind of have to at least consider because of how weak this division is overall. But it goes back to me with Brian Callahan and just how bad last year was. So do you guys remember what the.
Speaker 5: Titans record against the spread was last year for Brian Callen.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was only three. I think that only one three.
Speaker 4: They were two and fifteen. Oh it was two two and fifteen against the spread, including which was a win over the Patriots in overtime.
Speaker 1: And you know what, but turnovers will kill you, and there was a ton of turnovers last year with Leve was trying to force balls everywhere. It was no good. I mean, Terrell, Oh, go go ahead, I guess.
Speaker 4: To my point is the Titans, it was pretty clear that they were a dumpster fire last year and that was that was we knew about this every single week.
Speaker 5: His team is a dumpster fire.
Speaker 4: And they still couldn't cover the spread, Like they were unable to meet like ground level expectations, and they weren't able to meet those. So, yes, cam Ward is now there, but I just still don't know if Callahan has necessarily the you know, if he has the what it takes to be an NFL high coach.
Speaker 1: Look, Terrell, when you look at cam Ward, I think you see a guy who could be a future starter in the NFL. There's no doubt about that. I like the kid, like, I think he's serious, which I really like. He's very focused, you know, in a lot of ways, opposite personality of a Shador Sanders, which is I think why teams fell in love with cam Ward in the process and why they fell out of love with schanor Sanders in the process. So is it enough. I don't think so. On where ericson is. I just think the Titans are still gonna be a bottom feeder team in the NFL until further notice, because I think a lot more has to change besides just cam Ward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the Titans go as far as cam Ward can take them. So if cam Ward can adjust to the NFL really, really fast, then I think the Titans, you know, might actually end up being a good team. But my thing is, I don't expect to see a quick adjustment, and it's just because how cam wod plays football. Cam Ward and Will Levis actually are more similar than people want to give them credit for. And it's just that cam Ward is direct TV and Will Levis is basic Cable and cam Ward when he makes those hero ball making decisions and he tries to put the team on his back, more often than not he's come out on top and he's been able to get it done. But we see the moments where it's like, ooh, if you do that in NFL, that that might not be a good kid, that's gonna be a rough one and I think that's how the start of the season is gonna be. He's gonna have a bunch of those turnovers that you're going to look and be like, oh, is that Will Levis? Like they'll probably have the meme where the guy is cleaning his glasses and be like, is that Will Levis throwing that interception?
Speaker 1: Like that?
Speaker 2: But as the season goes on, I think cam Ward is going to grow as a talent. We seen him do it in college and cart net Word to Washington State to Miami like. He constantly grows and grows and grows and becomes a better player. So I think the NFL may catch him in the beginning, but towards the end of the season, cam Ward is going to have the sitean is looking a.
Speaker 1: Lot better, all right, Before we start to look at how to make some money in this division, don't forget about Novig. If you're looking for a smarter way to play. There's a new sports trading platform that's changing the game, and it's called Novig. It's legal in most states, including Georgia, California, and Texas. It's peer to peer, which means you're competing against other users, not the house, and you can actually get better odds and lines than traditional books. You can set your own lines, which gives you control. Most sports books don't offer that sort of thing, so there's no commissions, no hidden fees. Seriously, it's just a coin deposit system, but it's real money and you can use the code daily Juice for fifty percent off of your first coin purchase up to twenty five dollars. Check it out today at bettingpros dot com slash Juice. That's bettingpros dot com slash Juice. Our colleague Michael Mayer in there every single day on the Novig, so if you want to know more about him on Novig, go and hit him up on the discord right now. But again, check out Novig today bettingpros dot com slash Juice. Use that promo code daily Juice when you sign up for fifty percent off your first coin purchase up to twenty five dollars. All right, Houston Texans win total Terrell, we got five and a half, seven and a half, nine and a half on the board. I gotta say, you know, when you look at this division how weak it is. I think it's you know, the definitely over seven and a half, that's easy. That nine and a half is the question. Can they get over that? Can they be a ten win team? I think they can a plus money at nine and a half. I'll take a ten and seven Houston Texans team to win this division. I think that's all they need to do. What do you think, Trell I.
Speaker 2: Think the same thing, and is a lot better because towards the end of the season they have a little bit more of a cupcake schedule. A bunch of those home games are against teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. So I think that it actually breaks well for them to kind of, Hey, they may have their hiccups in the middle of the season, but once they kind of get that continuity in the offensive line figured out, and I know the defense is going to play well. I trust the defense that they'll be able to rack off some wins in the end of the season. So yes, I think they finish at ten wins. I like the overfoot sections.
Speaker 1: You know, because it's a bottom feed or division and it does seem very simple, you know, I don't want to take things for granted. At the same time, Ericson, I think you smash this. I think you smashed the nine and a half between playing the teams in our own division and some of the other games where you know, they played the Kansas City Chiefs again, they played them tough last year. You know, like this team shows up in big moments. They showed them in big moments against the Chargers where everybody was just writing them off and they kicked their ass. So I'm very impressed again with the head coach is always there. I like them for the over nine and a half. I think ten is the number and I feel comfortable plus money.
Speaker 5: What do you think, Andrew, Yeah, let's make it a clean sweep. Yeah, for the nine and a half. They've won ten games the last two seasons.
Speaker 4: Despite twenty twenty two or excuse twenty twenty three, it was the offensive line injury injuries. Last year it was a receiver injuries all over the place. So yeah, even if the defense maybe isn't top five, I just think with better injury luck on the offensive side of the football, that the combination with CJ Strout entering year three, Demiko Ryans, I think I've shown that he's a top ten NFL head coach, and he's getting the most out of his players. He's having them surpass expectations despite adversities when it comes to injuries, and he's putting his players in positions to succeed.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I like the Texans all right.
Speaker 1: The next one is Indiapolis Colts, and now I'm gonna like the under on the seven and a half here a plus one hundred. Excuse me, the under seven and a half at minus one twenty the overs plus one hundred for the Indianapolis Colts win total. I like the under minus won twenty seven and a half. The reason is they're gonna play the NFC West this year too, you know, so they got the Rams in there. The Colts have to play the Denver Broncos. Looking at this sheet here, Kansas City Chiefs, San Francisco forty nine ers. I think the Arizona Cardinals are capable of beating them. So really like, even if they if they struggle in the slightest against this division, I mean, it's gonna be a long season for the Colts. So I think seven wins is about where you get. I think that's the high point for them. Andrew, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think I'm taking the under here.
Speaker 4: I don't think that either Trell or I voice a lot of confidence that you got to slam the over on the Indian of Us Colts.
Speaker 5: I just can't do it.
Speaker 4: With the variance that these two quarterbacks play with on any given down, it could be touchdown for their team or touchdown for the other team any given play, and that's just not something that I want to be betting on again. And talking about investments, and I think just with the Colts last year, and something that I remember writing the primer every single week when it came to the Colts, they played a lot of close games. All of their wins last year, of their eight wins came in one score games, and so they were eight and five overall in one score contest. So if that flips and now they're losing more of these one score games because they don't blow teams up, right, you're going down to the fourth quarter and the culture all right, maybe we can sneak out a win here. That's not a winning strategy, oh as you're the chiefs, of course, But for the Indian Ouplis Colts, I just don't think that's going to work out for them. So yeah, I think I'm going to go with the under as well.
Speaker 1: There's also no value in going over. It's not like they're giving you, oh it's plus three hundred for them to go over seven and a half wins, Like, there's no value. It's like, Okay, you want to roll the dice at Richardson figures it out, or Daniel Jones at a different spot, you know, maybe learn some things watching Kevin O'Connell run an offense, you know, and picked up some little tricks of the trade in Minnesota. There's no value on it, Torell. So I'm just gonna keep the simple. I'm gonna just shade the under seven and a half minus one fifteen with that schedule.
Speaker 2: Yeah, none of these teams really give any confidence that, hey, the Colts can one hundred percent go win that game. Like even a game against the Raiders. No, I don't think they feel really good about beating the Raiders. The Cardinals.
Speaker 3: No, both of those games are at home.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't see a situation where I'm just like, oh, yeah, I think the Colts are really really good in that situation. It doesn't matter if Richardson or Jones is that quarterback they did not figure out the defense last year, and we'll see if they make strives to be better this year. But they were giving up a whole bunch of points. They would turned the ball over crazy, they were putting the defense in bad situations. I just don't think any of those group problems for the Colts are gonna change. This is an underladder. This is an underladder. You don't just take the under on the wins total. You take it as far as you can get, and then you just free roll the rest of the season and see how many wins they get.
Speaker 1: Well, you get the under five and a half a plus two to fifty on the Colts, the under three and a half wins a plus seven hundred, which again don't think that I don't think they're gonna be that bad. But the under five and plus two fifteen. Never know, maybe maybe you throw a unit on there just for s's and g's. The Jacksonville Jaguars, the numbers are three and a half, five and a half, seven and a half. This is another one to me too, where you look at the opening of this season, Terrell, they play the Carolina Panthers. Wh I don't think you're a pushover. I really don't. Then the Bengals, the Texans, the forty nine Ers, the Kansas City Chiefs, they play Seattle, and then they play the Rams, So there could possibly be one win here. I'm just saying, like it could be one win before they get to the buy in week eight. That's gonna be unbelievably hard to dig yourself out from under that. So again, seven and a half is the total here. I'm gonna go under minus one fifteen, That's where I'm going. And the Colts was at minus twenty, like you're paying a little bit of juice, but just feels a safe thing to me. Jacksonville Jaguars Torell Where is the win total for you?
Speaker 2: You don't make money betting overs in the Jacksonville Jaguars, Like that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: Unless it's ea money like that, in which case.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, and then you probably got over maybe an over on interceptions prop maybe like maybe something like that. But no, you don't bet over in the win total in the Jacks and try to make money here. We're not going to break the wheel. The Jags have not taken enough strides. And as good as Travis Hunter is, I think that there's a lot of more issues that are wrong with the Jazz, and that's probably not Jags Jazz in the basketball realm with the Jags however, Yeah, there's problems with the Jazz too, by the way. But however, I'm sitting here saying all this, say Travis Hunter is a talent, it just doesn't feel like he's what they needed because now you're just overstimulated with offense defense, offense defense, and you might break your shiny new toy.
Speaker 3: Like I just don't know. I don't think he was the toy they need to go to the Jacks. Jags under for me Ericson.
Speaker 1: I know the schedule gets a little easier for the Jaguars, but when you're talking about a rookie head coach with a schedule that lines up like that in the first seven weeks, I think that's a bad combination. And one loss can learn to a lot of the loss that rolls into another loss and next thing you know, things getting ugly in Jacksonville already off the gate. And I don't want to be pessimistic here, it just feels like same old Jags to me.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that you're laying out the case for people to wait on betting on the Jaguars, betting on maybe a second half surge where their win total gets beaten down because they're losing all these games to start the year. So I know, when I did my projections, I had them going over at eight wins. So but that's also saying I'm not super confident that though this is an easy over. So I agree with the things that you guys have outlined. Defense I think is still really suspect, and that their defense was relatively healthy last year and it was still really really bad. So yeah, the offense maybe can take a step forward, but does that make up for the defense. The offensive line still isn't in a it's not leaked by any means. It's still probably a below average unit. So yeah, given the schedule to open the year, I agree with you guys, I think that I'm gonna have to make some adjustments, and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if I'm sold. I think you're what you're saying is really logically sound, but I don't know if I'm sold on it. Because the opening of the schedule, two of the first seven games are on the road, then six of the next ten are on the road. So like they're playing at home a ton to start the year, only two of those games are road games, and then after that they are away a lot and the home games are tough. It's against the Chargers, it's gonna be against the Jets, who I don't think are gonna be a pushover there. Then they finish up eventually with the Titans there. They have the Titans twice in the schedule. But I don't know, man, Like I said, it just seems like the same old Jags to me. And you know, it's good that they're starting now at home, but if you start losing games at home, I don't know if all of a sudden the Jaguars become road warriors at some point. The Tennessee Titans. The numbers for them two and a half, three and a half, five and a half, under, five and a half wins at plus money. Yes, please, I would like to take that one please plus one ten. Thank you very much. See that's it, that's easy. I'm gonna walk away from this one a winner. Andrew Rickson, how about you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just I will bet on the Texans as the team that's going to win games and probably fade most of the other ones except for maybe a long shot division bet as we'll get into.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, if you want to go into the three and a half to roll again plus three sixty, that's very enticing if you think that they're a bottom feeder team, which they very well might be. I think the Saints are in that discussion. The Titans are going to be in that discussion again. So are you feeling lucky or you want to play it safe when it comes to the Titans in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Give me the over five and a half wins?
Speaker 1: Actually really six wins. I mean I'm not asking I'm not asking for sen wins here.
Speaker 3: I need six wins.
Speaker 2: Yes, And if you look at their last six games, they have games against the Jags twice, the Saints, and the Browns.
Speaker 1: I feel pretty all right about that.
Speaker 2: In that sweet spot of where I think that cam Ward is going to be developed as a quarterback, I think it's going to be really early for the ugly for them early on. But then as he starts going, he's going to start developing better. Maybe the defense is playing better, maybe he's not turning the ball over and giving the other team the ball. Inside the twenty like, I think that that's going to be a lot better for them, So Tennessee, maybe it's a slow burn. Maybe this is something that I wait and place actually live where I can get a three and a half wins total or something like that. But five and a half wins, I actually do think there'll be a six win team. A six win team is still bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are still bad. But I'm abouck over five and a half wins at minus one thirty, Oh thank you. I'll take the plus money at five and a half. I'll take the temptation. I don't think the Titans have changed their stripes that much in one year. Although they might cover more games winning, that's a different story. Let's take a look at the winner of this division.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: The Houston Texans still plus money right now plus one ten, the Jags at plus three hundred, Colts at three ten, and the Santay Signs at plus seven fifty. Should we all just say it together at the same time? One two three the Texas Andrew, Okay, you're a little late there.
Speaker 4: Do try from me, even try because this is the same value you're getting for the Texans to win for nine and a half games, right it's exact same odds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so wins win the divisions boom.
Speaker 4: Done exactly, but you can bet them to win the win total, and then you can take a long shot on the Tennessee Titans at plus seven to fifty. I think that this is a good value for this type of team. Again, we talk about this is the worst division in football, so why can't a rookie quarterback go from worse to first? We see this every year except for last year. So there are four teams that I think that fit into this category. It's the Titans, Patriots, forty nine Ers, and Bears. You guys were not with me with the Bears, so we know that's not account. You guys think the Patriots cannot sit the Bills.
Speaker 2: I don't want to sees the early show that we haven't done already, but I think the Patriots are.
Speaker 1: Going to be Unseting the Bills I think is tough, especially because the Bills don't have a tough schedule this year.
Speaker 4: Okay, So then it's the forty nine ers, so I think are already favored to win their division.
Speaker 5: So I guess maybe that's the layup.
Speaker 4: But if there's a surprise team like why not the Titans to win the division and they tie with the Texans, but they both win ten games because cam Ward is the prince that was promised.
Speaker 3: So I think plus seven to fifty.
Speaker 5: I think that this is the value.
Speaker 1: Cool story, bro not right.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: I'm returning that story right back to the library. I'm not even going inside the library. I'm putting it in the drop outside, you know, opening the handle, even this summer when it's hot and you put your hand on that silver handle and it's like a thousand degrees and I'm putting that book back in. That's what I'm doing. But it's fun story. It was a good I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: I mean one of these teams is going to finish in first. I finished last. You guys are laughing to me for every single one.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, you no, I get you right.
Speaker 1: Look the problem.
Speaker 5: I think the Texans the Titans.
Speaker 3: It's a good pick.
Speaker 2: I think Titans is a good pick in terms of because I'm the same way with you. I think cam Ward by the end of the season is probably going to go on a run. And if you're telling me that there's a world of possibility where some eight and nine team won this division.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 4: It also takes one blown block on the Texans worst offensive line and CEJ starkn mis a bunch of games and then this division's up for grabs.
Speaker 1: That's so. But you could say that about the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 5: Too, You're not kidding.
Speaker 4: But that's why the Titans are the best value because it's plus seven to fifty, like most of the other teams are not anywhere near this long.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna sell me on a team figuring it out, it's gonna be the team that's got a pretty good offensive line and a team that with a quarterback that is a freak of nature athletically figuring it out, like if Anthony Richardson figures it out.
Speaker 5: That's that's the you want to take the Colts over the Titans.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, I'm taking the Colts over the Titans if if you if my hand was forced to the raging hot silver of the book deposit drop, if I had to pick somebody, yeah, I'll pick the Colts as the long shot here over the Titans because Richardson's a guy that could I mean Richardson's a problem. You know, a guy who can flick the ball down the field seven five yards and a guy that is that big, that's wrong that fast. If the raw tools ever get figured out, that's the problem in this division. It's not a rookie cam Ward, you know, slowly slugging away. And Shane Steichen's a very good football coach, much better than Callahan. So you know, you can go back to the Patriots too. The Bills schedule is not only easier, but even tho when they have the tough games, all the tough games are in their building, which I think is a huge advantage for Buffalo. So I just want to point that out in terms of their schedule.
Speaker 4: It's tough to envision the Patriots must Josh Allen misses games or something like that.
Speaker 5: It's really hard anything like the Patriots. But I will say no on the Titans.
Speaker 4: Wait to bet on them after Week one because they're playing at Denver and they're probably gonna get killed.
Speaker 5: So you got you got, you got all the Titans bets still after.
Speaker 1: Week I did you like to play that defense week one as a rookie.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be the CJ.
Speaker 4: Stroud Baltimore Ravens where he played in Baltimore as a rookie in his first game, and he didn't look terrible, but the scoreboards the other one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's get to some of our favorite bets for this division. Some wild cards are gonna throw in here. I'm keeping it a little simple here. I do have a special though, Brian Thomas a regular season total receiving yards. I'm taking the over eleven fifty and a half at minus one fourteen. This is such a gimme. I can't again, I just I don't. I don't understand where this is where my mind doesn't compute very well. Did we not watch what Brian Thomas did last year? Just because Travis Hunter's there, does not mean that Brian Thomas can't repeat basically what he did last season, if not exceeded in his second season. So, especially with Liam cohneair offensively just tweaking things a little bit, I think this is a smashover. I think he gets a thirteen hundred this year, so this is not close for me. And then a FanDuel's special here the Titans to win more than five and a half games and the Patriots to win more than seven and a half games at plus one ninety five. Now this is interesting because if you can get the Titans to six, I'm very confident the Patriots are gonna go well over seven and a half.
Speaker 5: Don't the Patriots play the Titans?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Did he just get at me for having a Titans win sod Over? I did.
Speaker 1: But if I'm gonna do the Titans win total, I'm not taking minus money. I'm gonna pair it with something else to get me to plus money that I think is a lock, which is a Patriots at least eight wins. So seven and a half on the Patriots and then five and a half. Can he get the six? Maybe I don't think it's the greatest bet, but if I'm going to bet the Titans, I'm gonna do it responsibly by getting into plus money and not taking that minus that Terrell want you want you to take? You you want me to But I'm parlaying it with something that is, uh, I think a lock. So there you go. So no minus one thirty for me on the Titan six wins. I'm gonna take the Titan six wins. I'm gonna take it along with the Patriots seven and a half over. So let's turn it over to you, Terrell. What are your special bets here when you're looking at the twenty twenty five a FC South Division.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna just go ahead and add another one to the car, just to see the steam come out of your ear. Give me a small a small point to sprinkle on the Titans to win the division here, thank you?
Speaker 3: Ericson? All right?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Ericson and I are holding hands on the Texans as well. I would really just want to make this bet because if Texas don't get the ten wins in this division, I would just like to say, Wow, the Texans is just gonna be able to textan like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: But this is a bad division. You should be able to get the ten wins, all right, the Colts under, Colts under, and just.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and say keep wherever they let yep, okay, wherever, wherever, wherever you take the underwin soldal ladder, go all the way down plus seven hundred and three and a half and have a day. Just have a day, because I'm telling you that's the only thing that's going to make you interested in watching colts football for the entirety of the season is having an under on the win soldal Ladder.
Speaker 1: I don't think that mak O Ryans allows that team to fall below ten wins. They're a double digit win team, I think with that defense, I really do. And Shroud is a good leader, good quarterback. Hopefully you can figure out the offensive line. You can get them to work well as a unit, even if you don't have the talent to do it all right, Ericson, take us through your favorite AFC South wagers for the year.
Speaker 4: YEP, going to go with the Texans over nine and a half wins at plus one ten, sprinkling the Titans and win the division at plus seven to fifty. And I think that I've been convinced that I like their over on their win total to them, So I'm gonna go over on Titans five and a half wins. And then for my fun bet that I teased earlier when it comes to Travis Hunter, because I can't make my mind when it comes to win losses with the Jacksonville Jaguars, So I'm gonna go with Travis Hunter twelve to one to win Defensive Rookie of the Year. And my rationale behind it is we still don't know what he's going to be doing. I know that the recent reports are that they're putting him more on offense because they feel more comfortable with him at defense. So I'm taking I'm zooming out a little bit, and I think that his deployment is going to be game plan specific, I think, and depending on who else is available for the Jacksonville Jaguars defense. So I mentioned earlier that the Jaguars defense last year was the fifth health fifth healthiest in the NFL in terms of adjusted games loss. So if they have more defensive injuries, what are they gonna do. Oh, we're gonna have to play Travis Hunter more on defense. And when you look at their secondary last year, again a lot of the most passing yards in the NFL last year. So if they improve on defense, you know who's gonna get a lot of credit for that, mister Travis.
Speaker 5: Hunter, number two overall pick. And when you look at what.
Speaker 4: That defense did last year in terms of just giving up the yardage. So they had just six interceptions last season, that was the third lowest interception rate despite ranking eleventh and passes defended, and they were one of two teams, the other being the Patriots to at least seventy two passes defended without getting double digit interceptions. They also rank thirtieth in opponent fumbles. This is my long way of saying, the Jacksonville Jaguars defense is going to generate a lot more turnovers just based on the numbers, and who would be my bet to cash are in a lot of those turnovers. It would be Travis Hunter, the ballhawk who could also play wide receiver, who was also playing defensive back. Because that's how you have to win defensive rook of the Year. You have to generate counting stats like interceptions, like pick sixes. So that's kind of my sell for Travis Hunter. I think that he's going to make big plays on defense. He's going to get credit for the defensive improvements in Jacksonville, and whatever else he does on offense. Is this going to be cake or it's going to be you know, layered onto the analysis of the voter's minds of Oh, he's doing this on defense and he's also playing offense. I think voters are going to trying to find a way to vote for Travis Hunter in any way they can. I think it's going to to be on the defensive side, not necessary offense.
Speaker 1: All right, there you have it, everybody. That's our take on the AFC South. What's yours. Who's going to win this division? Tell us drop your comments below who wins the South? And don't forget to subscribe to Betting Pros YouTube channel. We're trying to get to one hundred thousand this season. We could do it with your help. Ring that belt to lit goos Ding too. See you never miss a piece of content on the channel all season long. NFL. Take a deep breath. You can smell it, baby, It is coming quickly. We're going to be right in the thick of it before you know it. We're gonna help you win a ton of money this year. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for Terrell Firman Junior, for the Undertaker, Andrew Erickson. I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 6: Thanks for listening to the Betting Pros podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Follow us on x and TikTok at Betting Pros and Instagram at Betting Pros NFL also subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Betting Pros