Speaker 1: This episode of Good Mom's Bad Choices is sponsored by Care for the Culture from Gilead Sciences.
Speaker 2: Listen, it seems like every man with a mic has an opinion about how many people a woman has slept with, and I mean every man.
Speaker 1: With them, every single one, And unfortunately some women have been convinced to have that opinion too. We know, I need you to come back. I need you to come back to the good side.
Speaker 2: Today we are unpacking why body count culture exists and who it actually serves, and why we are not fucking with it any longer. This body count actually matter. I mean, we know it doesn't, but when you're practicing safe sex, the number is irrelevant. I literally don't count anyone that I had a sex with with a condom. What matters is is your health, your awareness, and your choices. Obviously, the shame attached to this number has nothing to do with your well being and everything to do with the control of the fucking patriarchy.
Speaker 1: And the crazy part is is that body count shame actually discourages women and men from getting tested and talking openly about prevention because because HIV is still a real conversation and we need to be having it and The crazy part is is that body count shame actually discourages women from getting tested and not just women meant to, and discourages them from talking openly about prevention because HIV is still a real conversation that we need to be having, and the stigma around how many is the same stigma that keeps people from getting the care and the prevention that they deserve. Knowing your status, knowing your options, that is what actually matters, right, I think at this moment, like even just being a podcaster, we talk about sex a lot. I have literally lost boyfriends from talking about my sex life. I remember even in high school, like you know that the whole shaming that happens in high school. I remember like I cheated on my boyfriend and my name around school was easy. It was like easy, Easy, Easy. That show that's comatizing, I know, and that stuck with me even like every time I even hear the rapper easy, I'm like, I'm triggered. Okay, I'm still triggered by that.
Speaker 2: And that's like such a testimony to like how early it starts. You don't even have any body count in high school, yet they're still utilizing it. And like women are so shamed from an early age. It's hard to get out of that. And like, you know what I see on the internet in our comments all the time, you're ran through And I'm like, what the fuck does ran through even mean? It means nothing. The concept is built on a made up social standard with no real foundation. Like men have historically been encouraged to explore their sexuality even from childhood, like boys will be boys, they can freely, like freely explore why women have been expected to remain pure and palatable, which I'm fucking over.
Speaker 1: It's so true, And that double standard is a projection rooted in the fear of sexually confident women. And we all know who hate sexually confident women. Insecure ass men, the insuls of the world. So the sooner women's stop participating in acceptability politics around this, the sooner we move past it.
Speaker 2: So, ladies, let's get this show on the road. Stop suppressing yourself sexually if you're a confident woman to appease these weak ass men. Literally, there's nothing wrong with you for choosing to engage in safe sex that feels good and serves you. Literally, that's what our pussies are made for. It is not just birth, but it's for pleasure. Your history does not determine your worth. And if someone's first question about you is your body count, that tells you everything you need to know about them. Women do not exist to make anyone comfortable, so please, this is a PSA announcement. Stop making weak ass men comfortable. It serves nobody, not even them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's make sex wellness again. Let's make sure that we know our status. Let's make sure that we check in with.
Speaker 2: Our pussies, our minds, our souls, our spirits. If it's not a fuck, yes, it's a hell no. Do you hear me, ladies. If it's not a full body fuck, yes, it is a hell no. This is so important because you don't want to add trauma to your body doing things that go against your pleasure. Tap into your pleasure so we can get back to having healthy pussies, healthy minds, healthy spirits, and healthy sexual experiences.
Speaker 1: Your body count doesn't matter, but you do, bitch. This episode of Good Mom's Bad Choices is sponsored by Care for the Culture from Gilead Sciences.