Speaker 1: Hey, ba fan, Mandy here or Mandra you can call me a Mandra, that's fine. I have a simple request for you, guys. We get so many questions on how you can support the show, and there's really a very very simple thing that we need you guys to do. Open up this app, open up wherever you're listening to this podcast right now, and subscribe if you have the ability, especially those of you who are on iTunes. We're really making a push to get the show more visible. You've seen that we've partnered with a fabulous new network called Westwood One. But we also need the support of our listeners. So if you are a listener, loyal listener, please subscribe, and if you haven't yet, take a few seconds and leave a five star review, and even a written review would be the icing on the cake. But at least subscribe, leave us a five star review, and continue to support the show. This is so so crucial. It is basically how we tell the Internet that our podcast is worth promoting and featuring and getting charted, and we deserve to be at the top of the charts just like any their show out there. We can't do it without your support, so thank you, very very much subscribe, like and review the show, and we thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey we're back, We're black, We're brown, and.
Speaker 1: Hey manrew rock and roll today. I am not mad at that.
Speaker 2: Hey, Nanta, did you get your did you T last night?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? I I had more tea than I can take. I have no one sipping on that. It's the It's the Megan mancle brand chee.
Speaker 2: I like to talk bland if you ask me me while my excent is the worst. Yeah, oh my god, so full caveat. I did not get a chance to watch all of it because I meant, I didn't know what was gonna be so juicy. I thowt they were gonna do an interview and I was kind of like, okay, so what And then I saw afterward that everybody was going crazy and I had to wait till today, and I just started watching it today. So you're gonna have to, like, you know, really fill me with like the main stuff. But the things that I did see, I was like a New Saints.
Speaker 1: I love that you assumed that I did watch the entire thing, which is true. I had that shit DVRD like I actually, we never use our cable, but I'm like, give me that remote. I couldn't even find the regular TV remote. I was like tearing apart the living room looking for it, and I was like, how do you record something? Quick? Quick? Quick? And I was so afraid because the mom brain is so intense that I even had to send. I did an additional Apple like reminder, remind me at six at seven fifty five that the Meghan Markle and Oprah specials on. And when the alert came up, it said the opera specials. So that's why I know. But I was like, what, oh, yes, let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's go. This's like right after what do I get?
Speaker 1: I sat down and watched two hours with commercials, and you know what, if you're watching it live last night with me, you I actually needed those commercials, like just for me and my cousin Anna to just like, you know, go back and forth and check Twitter or whatever. But it was big. It was big, big, big, yeah.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: I felt very emotional watching it, way more than I thought I would.
Speaker 2: So I'll share with you, like the things obviously that everybody's kind of sharing, like the discussion of what Archie's skin color might be. Who do you think said that.
Speaker 1: I know they were so right. So Meghan, what I liked about the interview was she went on first for the first hour or so, and then Harry came on later and she teased it. Well, she didn't tease it. It wasn't like, you know, she just said these conversations were had. And then I could tell when Harry came on later he was like, yeah, I'm definitely not going to say that. It's way too damaging to that person.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, it could have been anyone of the royal family. But if they're so afraid to damage them, I feel like, you know, William or like his dad. I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Feel I think felt like Prince Charles, because one thing I did read this morning is that Harry cleared up that it was not the Queen and it was not Prince Philip, like, it was not the grandfather, that's it. So he made that very very clear. But you would think like that he would be like, it wasn't my brother, it wasn't my father. I don't like Prince Charley. I'm gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I don't really ever think about I mean, I mean, listen, the one thing that the interview made me realize is anything I've ever read about the Royal family has just probably been a lie. So for me, I don't even know. I don't even know how I feel about any of them. I mean, I have watched The Crown, and honestly, I was throughout watching The Crown, I was constantly sort of inwardly embarrassed, like dang, I didn't know all that happened. I didn't know all that about Diana either. The most recent series was you know, featured Diana and her story, and I didn't really know a lot of that either. So I've never really had an opinion about the Royal family until Meghan, you know, joined and then it all of a sudden it became very relevant to me. And I remember being naively excited about the future of the Royal family and having a black woman and you know what that meant, and her mother seeing her mother, you know, alongside the Queen, and you know, a black woman in the in the Buckingham Palace. It just it meant something to me very and I think what made me so sad was the missed opportunity, you know, for them, not I mean for us, for black people around the world, like Megan was saying, they had an opportunity to really show their like literally the Commonwealth, you know, all these these countries that that still have the queen on their currency. It's more than just the UK, and they are largely populated by brown people, you know, and they had finally someone in the royal family who looked somewhat like them, and they didn't see that as an asset. They didn't support her, they didn't lift her up, they didn't give her any infrastructure. They flung her out into the ether. You know, yeah, I mean, you know it's very sad.
Speaker 2: You know what's so crazy to name this is this is what white supremacy is. White supremacy is when a country, a monarchy is more concerned over the color of what really would essentially be a one fourth black child than they are about Prince Andrew and his pedothelic ways with Jeffrey Epstein. Can you imagine, like you legit, have a prince who is literally in a picture with a young woman that he has been accused of raping. And the young woman is here and she's like, Yep, that's me in a picture, and yep that's what it's Andrew. So it's not like, oh, you know, it's like yeah, and I mean that's just one of the women that just have come forth. But that is something to be hushed up and protected. But like Harry's own son, like because there's some black lineage there that that's the bigger concern. That's why this is. I just don't understand how people don't see that. That is this when people say, like, ugh, all this race but Pierce Morgan, honestly he could suck one. Like all this race baiting. You love to race bait. I'm like, I'm sorry, you have a pedophile, you know, who is getting the full protection of the crown and whatever money's come in from the Commonwealth or whatever they call themselves over there. I don't know, you know, like he's getting that full protection. But like I you could correct me if I'm wrong, But I heard the part where she was like from the very onset they said, oh, just so you know Harry's birthwright of his son being a prince, psych that's not happening. Oh and also Archie will not receive any security. Why that's so crazy to me? Like I just I you know, I just really wonder, like what is it? Why? Why are. There's so many people then are just so upset with black and brown people, like what what is so offensive? You know, like, what is that? I just it just it boggles the mind that you know that it can even be expressed through a baby, you know, an unborn baby. That that's how upset it makes people. So I mean, I'm glad. At first I didn't understand why they spoke their truth, and now I understand completely, and yeah, you know, I'm here to like, I'm here for it, and I'm sure the people who hated her still hate her, they don't care, but a lot more people are like, oh wow, you know, I honestly believe too that when the queen passes on, I don't know what the state of the monarchy is gonna because quite honestly, they don't. But they don't like Charles over there, So I'm like, you think he's gonna be able to hold this together? Ye're right, We'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't pretend to know all the rules of titles. I mean, it's completely overwhelming to me. And but that being said, I had follow up questions in the sense of, well, what about like, isn't it pretty like apples to apples looking at Kate and William's children. Were they given security? And of course it just it just doesn't. I mean I was thinking back to to like the presidential election in Barack Obama's first campaign for president, when he had to be given Secret Service detail way sooner than even before he was I think even won the the Democratic nomination, because that's the level of death threats that they were getting, in racial threats of attack, and like that was before he even ran for office. And this is the son of a sitting like sitting prince. Do you say that whatever? I don't know either astounding prince whatever. It just it boggles the mind, and is it? And I guess I'm sure race plays into it probably and also maybe because she was a American, I mean there was she was just so other, you know, how much more other could you get a black woman from America like marrying into this family. I mean Kate Middleton, sure she was, I guess, you know, but not.
Speaker 2: But still she at least was English and not by racial and not American.
Speaker 1: The part that really broke my heart was and first of all, Megan Markle is a goddamn superhero, Like how did she keep her silence for that long. I mean the fact like if like people were saying like the most hurtful things about her and lying in the headlines. I mean that takes I mean, and and the pain, like you could see the deep, deep pain that she was going through and no one knew and she couldn't tell anyone, and she tried to tell. She tried to do the right things, you know, reaching out for help when calling them. The firm was really creepy to me. I don't know, while like the firm, but she she literally, I mean she's but truly I hadn't thought of it that way, but it's true. I mean, the Crown is like a royal corporation. They were employees of the Crown. They were like c suite employees. And she reached out to human resources and said, hey, I'm having a mental health care issue. I need support. Where can I find my benefits package? And they said, oh, you don't have any yeah, like and that just you wouldn't think there's not an ounce of empathy on their end to say, hey, we not only have a new member of the royal family marrying into this who has no idea how this whole situation works. But she's a black woman and she's going to need additional support, special support, early intervention support, and they didn't have. She didn't even know how to curtsy, like what no one was like Princess Diaries was a lie, you know what I mean? Like there is no royal training like this is. And it just I kept thinking about and I posted about it today because it was just weighing on me when Meghan said, you know, my biggest regret, the only regret I have is that I believed them when they said they would protect me and I I anuinely think as women, as black women, that at a certain point in your life, you have this realization. I can't personally pinpoint that was the moment, that was the moment, but it became very clear to me with an actually, you know what I can I can go back to high school when I was constantly accused of plagiarizing because I was too good of a writer in high school, and they would accuse me of plagiarizing and they would be like, did you write this? It was in my own damn handwriting, but did you write it? Because back then, you know, we didn't type, but we wrote our essays anyway. And for me, it's like, you're going to walk through the world and people are not going to give you the same benefit of the doubt, the same level of care, the same level of respect every room I've ever walked into as a black woman, I couldn't trust that I would get what I needed. I had to become an advocate for myself. I had to learn to speak for myself. I had to internalize and accept the fact that I have to work harder, especially in my years, you know, managing a team and learning how to navigate those waters. I had to very quickly tell myself anytime anyone had a problem with me, well, I can't control that. I have to just keep facing forward. And I knew people will have They will get more angry at me when I speak up. They will send me harassing messages when I have the audacity to criticize them. I'm talking about writers that I work with over the years, threatening me, telling me I would regret ever having the having the the audacity to cut ties with them like threatening me. And I understood that. And I feel like as black women, we move through the world that way. We can't trust, and when we do trust, maybe maybe we get what we think we deserve, but then always there'll be a time when we're not given what we actually deserve, and that will break our trust. And it was really just crushing for me to hear Megan's story and then also know how it echoed just millions and millions of similar stories from black women here and all over the world.
Speaker 2: Because like you know, Mandy, remember when I spoke on against the event that shall not be named Yes and now yeah, and how that founder came at me with everything And I assumed, I said, because there was literally another young woman who started it up. She wrote a blog post about it. She started the twitter, the twitter feed of like why I'm not knowing why I'm no longer going to that conference. She when I tell you her blog post receipts vicious, not vicious, but like, you know, like clear cut concise. So I assumed, And there was a bunch of other people who were actively going at him. So I just knew, Wow, if I'm getting this, I know they're getting you know, because he was in my inbox calling, like reaching out to different organizations or different publications that I've been interviewed with to speak about me disparagingly. I'm like, wow, they must be getting it too. So I reached down to the young woman, who, like I said, went out him the hardest, and I was like, hey, she's white. Hey girl, I know you must be getting it too. It's crazy right, she's like getting one, because how dare you, Tiffany. Literally none of the other women he went after, none of the other women.
Speaker 1: Just me.
Speaker 2: I did one tweet, that's it. And these women had been dragging him for weeks and weeks and weeks and writing op eds and this and that, but me, how dare you? It's the same thing like when Harry Weinstein came out and all these women were saying me too, me too. As soon as Lapita is Harvey, I said, Harry Harvey's wanted, not.
Speaker 1: That white guy, the other better bad guy, good guy, you know Hervey?
Speaker 2: Yes, And Lupita Nuango when she stepped up, he said, oh no, no, no, not her because how dad, remember not the brand.
Speaker 1: It's just so.
Speaker 2: I mean when I tell you, like someone asked me the other day, like, what's my favorite part about being a black woman, and I said, honestly, other black women, because you know, it is the safest, most like loving most community based space that you can find, Like when you are in community with other black women, it's like a warm hug from your mom, your grandmam. It is like girlfriends like yeah, I mean you could literally see someone like literally you should have seen Mandy. I was showing my sister, like your picture on Instagram with your new highlights. She was like, oh man, it's closed this. We were just both going, I mean you're not even there, and we're.
Speaker 1: Like, yes, yes, yes, love to see other women win, other black women win. Yes, it feels like we're winning.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's just like so just to see Megan. My concern is, I mean, this is gonna be such a huge blowback as a result of this. And I just when Harry said, I could just see history repeating itself. He was right, like they were not going to stop until this woman was no longer breathing. And I'm glad that he protected his wife and his family when he said I almost cried when he said, if all that happened, as hard as it was, at least I had my wife. When he said she didn't have anyone, Oh, it broke my heart because he was like, this is what my mother went through by herself, by herself, and she still had to live there.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, yeah, I don't understand, you know, I'm obviously I'm not British, neither of us is, but and I don't and I don't have the like it's just wasn't a part of my upbringing. Yes, I remember when Princess Diana died, But I don't understand the machine, even as many times as I've watched The Crown and you know, Harry Potter, and not about the British family, the Royal family, but anyway, like, I'll never really understand what it's like to grow up there and to have them looming large over us all. But I am horrified at how they nearly broke this woman, and I am just like astounded by her strength, and I just want nothing but the best for her and little Archie and for Harry too, you know, I when I wanted to empathize with him. Maybe this is a good like talking point for us, is you know, at a certain point in the interview, he's talking about how he was shocked and how he was you know, inside the machine and he felt trapped and I want to I wanted Oprah to and she did an amazing job. Lady, Oh my god, bow down. She did an incredible job with this interview. But I and she was sort of pushing back, like you were a royal prince, like how were you trapped? You know, how could you not speak out? And I feel like I wanted to empathize with him, but I was sort of like, how could you? Why didn't you speak out? Why did it take this long? You know why? And I guess that's where I feel like I don't really maybe appreciate the mental, like the psychological hold that the royal family could have on people within it, you know. But I guess it's like I'm talking myself through this, and I guess it's like if you're if you're a victim or you're a hostage, and you know, you do things that maybe don't make sense to the outside looking in, you know. And this it actually comes up with people who I've been abused too. They'll be like, I'll give you an example. I think on the show, I talked about how I had a makeup artist work with me at a previous job, and time after time I would sit in that chair and he would say despair things, little make offhanded remarks that would make me feel bad, and I would continue sitting in that chair like week after week, month after month, And when I finally complained, the first question was, well, why did you wait till now?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: And it's I don't know how to articulate why, but yeah, I mean I understand where he's coming from. But I'm like, damn, even a royal prince, you know, when you're in it like that, that is how like big a toxic relationship can stop you from you know. And and for anyone who's been a victim of any kind of toxic relationship, I think it was a good It's not a good moment, but like it's time for us to say, you know, we will never understand what it's like to be in it. We can only be in awe of someone who has the strength to get out of it and then speak their truth. And yeah, I really commend them for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so I can't wait to finish watching.
Speaker 1: Watched the whole thing. I also recorded CBS News this morning for the from seven to nine because I wasn't gonna I needed a peloton, but I heard Lady O was on CBS with her girl Gail talking about like the behind the scenes and additional footage, so I want all there's extra tea tiff. You need to like get your full serving and then come back for seconds and thirds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just so much. Sometime I'm not gonna lie like it just it will trigger like my latent anxiety. I'm like, oh, okay, okay, okay, okay. Like I was going to watch it before I took a nap today and I was like, you know what, I felt like I was going to like dream about it, so I was like, I won't. I won't. I will. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But oh, before we go though, I mean before we switch subjects, what about the part where he said that they cut him off financially. I thought this was like the realist. I mean, it's it's hard to I mean, I don't have any sympathy for like a real prince because he's like, yeah, they cut me off financially, but my mother's trust fun I had. But it's true, like he was cut off and people made he was cut off by the royal family apparently, like when they like last year or the year before when they announced they were where they were leaving their official duties. So it didn't have money from the crown anymore. And I was like, oh, a prince doesn't have any income, and I guess that's that's it, Like they get their income from the crown, so he you know, when they moved to America, they didn't have a game plan, so they stayed with some friends, you know, on the friend's couch. Yes, the friend was Tyler Perry. Yes, which is part of the story that I'm just like, how do they know Tyler anyway? Why why did they know Tyler Perry? Is he like the ambassador? But anyway, but yeah, they stayed on a friend's couch and they were a husband and wife. You know, husband lost his job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I means, go get them, none of us would Tyler Perry Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, he had to.
Speaker 1: He had to make it, hew, you gotta put food on the tables, got to get a Spotify Spotify deal and his Netflix deal. But I'm yeah, I'm and Megan's like, you know, and I'm so happy for her because you can tell, you know, she was such a vocal advocate for women and girls before getting into the rural family. I'm sure she looked at it as like, Wow, I'm going to be on a world stage doing my doing this work on a much higher level, and then it was ripped away from her, and now she gets a chance to do that, and I'm so I'm I'm really excited to see what they create because I think they're extremely powerful and I stand for her all day long. I don't have any time for Megan Haters. I didn't know who she was before this either, but.
Speaker 2: Now we know. Now we know now, and I feel like, honestly, I just love to see all the black women. We were all information.
Speaker 1: I was like, yes, and Serena was like Serena Williams was like the ringleader.
Speaker 2: She was like, I wish you would. Everyone had their basoline and earrings off last night for Meg. Yes, cell switching gears. I don't know if you saw, but I went to the White House.
Speaker 1: Yes, I actually yeah, it was kind of yeah, I was. I saw a couple of posts from someone who was like, I just got back from the White House, and I'm like, are you gonna are you gonna do an asterisk where you tell everybody it was a zoom called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw for some of that was kind of I was like, no, it's virtual. Everybody knows that we're virtual. I mean I was literally like I was doing, like, you know, a little pre roll like eh, sit in my chair, you know. But so I'll say this, So I just actually just saw an article where the White House is planning to do more of this, like to kind of reach out to influencers. I just wonder what you think about this, like, you know, like as it. I don't know if I consider myself an influencer, but whatever, and reach out to influence.
Speaker 1: You wait a second, say that one more time. You're not serious?
Speaker 2: No, I guess you know. When I think of influencer, I mean I do I think I have someone with influence, yes, but influencer meaning like you know, here's my face cream.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, your face cream is financial independence and well building. That's your face cream. You're a finfluencer. Didn't you know that that? Oh that's a good thing. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: But I will say that it was a little I mean, I was glad for it, and I was grateful for a sister reached out, which is awesome. She's like, oh my god, I'm such a fan of your work. I wish cause you know, I had some like down and dirty questions about like race, and like one of my questions was about like race and the their appraisal process, and because I've heard the present talk about it like that he wants to do something about it. But they were kind of like, eh, they shied away from that a little bit and saw another thing was like I really wanted to lean into what was gonna matter to my audience, which was, you know how finance and race intersect and in the ways they intersect in a way that are not beneficial to all people, but especially black and brown people, And so there's a little pushback like, well, what's just stick to I was like, so, you know, I still got some good questions in. But you know, that was my only I would say, slight disappointment that I couldn't get get knitty gritty with it. It wasn't they wasn't hit for the real reel.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, it was your first big White House interview. You're not a trained journalist, You're not there you know what to give yourself a break, you know, it wasn't an Oprah situation.
Speaker 2: But no, but I mean like it was no, it was it was nice to to I guess be thought of. You just don't know who's watching, but it also too, it was It's nice to honestly because I still was able to position the questions that people really wanted to know because I'd posted previously on social like what would you like me to ask? And I did get to ask most of the questions that I felt were most pressing based upon what my audience wanted to hear. Even if I dialted back, you know, as far as race is considered, and I mean the questions, the answers were eh, you know, you know, very white House, so you know, that is what it is. But hopefully more of this will happen, that the White House wants to communicate directly with people through people that they trust, and then that will happen more and more, and not just in personal finance, but like across the board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I mean, if they're knocking on your virtual door, then I'm like, this is the let's keep following this good feeling. Okay, let's continue in this direction. So that's great. Thank you for representing. I'm sure it must have felt like a lot of pressure, but I'm sure you did great. Where can we check it out because it sounds like you got the video mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they OK. The video. It's just like if you got to check out my it's on all the socials, but it's probably easiest to watch on my Instagram. You'll see like a picture of me super imposed in front of the White House, like, hey, because if nothing else, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Tiffany well, listen, I have no doubt you will be at the White House, and I'm just gonna manifest it. I'm going to be at the White House too, doing something, maybe just you know, picking up a package for someone. I don't know. We'll be there now. That's wonderful. Speaking of the White House, though, Stimmy's Stimmy checks are coming, y'all. It looks like the Congress is going to pass the this's what is at one point nine trillion bajillion dollar relief bill past the so it was the House and the Senate and now it's back to the House, I guess to do the final passing, and then it looks like Biden might sign it this week. So maybe by the time you guys are listening to this, Stimmy checks will be on the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fourteen hundred dollars, Yeah, fourteen hundred dollars and it's going to increase unemployment benefits an additional yep, three hundred dollars per week through September sixth, and you could be getting your stimulus money as soon as this month.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, so many people are just like, you know, at least it's something, because that's one of the things I pressed him on, like, well, you know, like, so all these things are great, but what happens when they run out? Because they will and they still be like a significant amount of people who are still not able to financially take care of themselves through no faults of their own. If your industry literally shuts down, like the restaurant industry, what do you do? That's a big concern. And I remember, yeah, exactly, I remember those times. Everybody doesn't have like I was fortunate I could say I'll move back in with my parents. Everyone doesn't have that option to say I'll move back in with my parents. So what do you do? So yeah, I just can't imagine like what people are going through with families who are just like so, I don't know what to do. And although this is great, this is temporary, but like what happens when my landlord is like, hey, I also needs to pay my mortgage, so yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well with this bill, it should extend some rental relief programs and mortgage assistance programs. And also there's a lot of state specific programs. So if you're if you're struggling and you need help to you know, you're worried about covering your rent or your mortgage, I would look, well, first of all, call your if it's a mortgage, call your servicer and just ask them if they have any programming, and then ask what the particulars are, what the fine print is all of that, and as far as rent, see if your state has a specific rental assistance program. I was just poking around on Georgia's site for for COVID relief because I was trying to get my dad. My dad's a bus driver in Atlanta. He still is not eligible for the vaccine, and I was I was like, oh, Daddy, you're probably just like not reading the paperwork, right, But I'm looking at and I'm like, he's not listed. This man is on a bus every day. I mean, he's a he's a it's like a he drives out what do you call it? The accessor ride type equivalent in Georgia, so he picks up people who have disabilities. And he's not you know, he's not. He doesn't have dozens of passengers at any given time. It's like a smaller bus. But still, this man, and I've seen him, he has like a cloth mask or not, like giving him n ninety fives. It's boggling to me. I'm like, how do I protect my dad? And I'm trying to manage everything else going on right now, and it's anyhow. I was poking around in George's site and I did see a tab for rental assistance, So yeah, I would just say, look and see what's going on in your area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I needed that sign.
Speaker 1: I know. It's just it's a lot of it's a lot of weight on us kids too. I will say, I'm not the only daughter in this country who is trying to deal with her shit and then try to support her parents, or especially it's my dad, you know, he's I feel additional pressure because he doesn't you know. It's like me and my brother. That's it. But I have a good friend whose parents, you know, they're Vietnamese immigrants, and they have two they have one owns a small business the other one worked in a job where they were interfacing with tenants at an apartment building all the time and time, the hours and hours she spent trying to help her mom apply for all the PPP program or what's it called the small business relief programs and trying to like help her figure out her income. You know, this is a cash business. So and she's in New York and her mom is in Georgia. And my heart goes out to all the kids who are helping their parents navigate this and figure out the right the quote unquote right, you know, financial choices to make. It's it's really really difficult.
Speaker 2: It is, honestly, Like even like for example, Superman, his father it, you know, had to apply for unemployment and it was it took so much to walk him through because I was even like, how do you apply for an employment these days? You know, I have not had to do it in like literally ten, you know, fifteen years, and so just there's so much.
Speaker 1: It hasn't gotten much better. I'll tell you that it really hasn't. The system was not prepared. It was not prepared despite what happened ten years ago. Sadly, oh, I know who freaking saw did we even mention Women's History Month.
Speaker 2: The International Women's Day? Happy International Women's Day. Well, for those of you are listening, you're late. Yeah, it wasn't today. It was International Women's Day. My mom actually called me. She was so cute. She's like, happy International Woman's Day.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, it feels like a holiday. It does for me. I feel sparkly today. I just feel like I feel like just spreading some fairy dust and all the women in my life. I always, yeah, it's I love this day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, do you remember in twenty fifteen when you went to to get you know, your award in DC. I was like what. Then she said, proceeded to send me pictures. I'm like, only my mother. Only moms keep like such receipts. I was like, Oh, this is gonna be man like my baby rio look at all the things. You know.
Speaker 1: She was like too much.
Speaker 2: She told my sister when I was because once she found out I was doing the thing for the White House, she was like, so, Tracy, I need you. I need you to get pictures and recording of Tiffany and Facey was like she She's gonna be live. Mommy. I can't. She's like, hide in the corner, Hide in the corner. I was like, that's how that works. Thankfully they gave me a recording so I was able to pass it on to her because you know, there's you can't stunt on the Aunties with just saying words. You must show visuals and so at least that's gonna happen. But yeah, I think that like International Women's Day, like, you know, we all came. What is it? It's like it's a tupac lyric. It's like we all came from a woman I can't remember. I'm so bad rap, you know what I mean. There's a toolpop wrap specifically that like it's like I don't know it's I think it's for dear mama. But basically, like, you know, women are just amazing and our capability of doing things. I was just sharing someone the other day that they ask me why you know, not not as many women invest or feel, or you know, or manage their money, and I said, honestly, it's not a capability issue. It's a confidence issue, and that so many women have been told their whole life leave it to the boys. They know that, you know, they just have not developed the confidence to be able to do so. But I'll share with the single mother. The other day, I said, you think investing is hard, you know it's harder raising that kid by yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't put that an autopilot. I wish I could. You know how many times these kids have to eat in a single day and you have to think of something new every time, Like, can I automate the meals? Joes us?
Speaker 2: And I was like, so, if you you are raising this kid by yourself, doing homeschool, working online, making sure they're good, like doing all of this, girl, Like, it is not a capability issue, it is a confidence issue. But if you can do all this, then investing is nothing in comparison to what you've accomplished thus far.
Speaker 1: And she was like wow.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, so put your cape on, girl, put your cape on and pick up a book, watch some YouTube videos, and start to educate yourself. It's just about confidence. And so I just wish on this International Woman's Day, I wish all the women listening to lean into your superpower, which is the ability to do whatever the hell you put your mind to, and know that there's nothing too hard, too big, too complicated.
Speaker 1: For you to master one step at a time a men, And that's exactly what our calling is. Tiffany is giving that confidence boost.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Recognizing what so many other financial educators or experts who are not inclusive don't recognize, which is when a black woman walks into your office or a woman of color walks into your office, there's two huge layers of her identity that may that are have created a situation where she does not have access to certain knowledge or doesn't feel they have she has access to certain knowledge, and we have to recognize that and be empathetic in our positions. And when someone you know walks into our office or we don't have offices or whatever, walks into our virtual world, like we see them. And I think that is why representation in this space is so freaking important. So shout out to you, Tiffany, Shout out to Brown Ambition, Thank y'all for coming to this safe space to hopefully build you. I get the messages from people all the time. I know that we're reaching people and helping them take that take that first step. And I think the first step is really just saying, like, listen, it's not you, Like it's not your fault that you don't know this stuff, this stuff was this the system was not built for us. We have got to we have got an extra a little bit of work to do to to get ourselves to the starting line. And when we're there, we will succeed. And that's why, you know, it's why I'm so proud and happy to be doing this show with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, Mandrain me too. See, I'm even giving you a hug, and you know I don't like hugs.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Can't we tell you in person?
Speaker 2: Oh no, let's not do that.
Speaker 1: When is that gonna be?
Speaker 2: I know, I know one of these days. Oh well, I've said that.
Speaker 1: All I had to say today are impossible. Impossible. Let us take a oh, we need to take a quick break, and we have a very special special announcement about our question system. Come back to all right, we are back ready to take y'all's questions. But before we do, have you guys ever wanted to just like call Tiffany or me, just like call us up and ask us your questions. Anybody anyone tired of trying to type your question into a little Instagram box and being like I want to remain anonymous and then Mandy forgets to read it, you know, because she's skimming through ig dms way too quickly. The answer is here. You guys can actually call us now and send us your questions yourselves. I'm so so excited. All right, So our new producer Sarah is listening, and so if I mess this up, Sarah just let me know. But you guys can call or text, call or text this number to have your question hit our virtual voicemailbox. And the number is eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero. Okay, eight four four eight five eight eight zero eight zero. Do I sound like the infomercial person? So this is yeah, this is going to be in our show notes. Also, you can go to our Instagram. There'll be like a link there for you to leave your voicemail. And I'm excited because I want to. We'll actually get to hear y'all's voices here on the air and answer your questions live, so or not live literally, but you know it'll be kind of semi live. Okay. Isn't that cool?
Speaker 2: It's very cool? And honestly, I'm excited because I you know, I feel like our audience is just like so awesome, And I think sometimes we need like context that we're like so we kind of guestimate some things, like I'm gonna assume that you mean this, and I'm gonna assume. So it'd be great to just be like, Okay, well we can get more clarity in context so we can give you our best answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Well let's dive right on in and see y'all's questions. So you remember how usually to if we like always preface the question segment by saying, you know, we're your financial girlfriends, not girls, and like, don't come for us if if we get something wrong, and always you know, use trusted financial advisors. Well, here's a good reason why I made a whoopsie last week, y'all. I made a shocking I know, I made an incorrect statement, which is driving me nuts. So last week, basically I was I don't know if I was answering your question or we were talking about something, but I was talking about how we are saving for my son, for Rio, and how I was trying to invest for him and save for him at the same time. And I what I said was we opened a custodial iray for him.
Speaker 2: What I was strange.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, like YOULI can't do that. Can I explain why you can't do that? Because with an IRA, a kid has to actually earn taxable income, and as parents, you can open a custodial IRA for them, but they have to earn taxable income and you can't contribute any more like one cent more than what they earn to their IRA. So that's not what I meant a custodial brokerage account. It is just a regular brokerage account that is a thing, and you can open a custodial brokerage account and put money aside for them. So my bad, and I'm sorry if I confused anybody. And thank you to the listener. I don't have their name up. I should because I would give you a shout out. Oh here it is Martisha, So thank you Martisia for calling me out. I deserved it and hopefully I didn't confuse y'all. And that's why we say, you know, we're humans and.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we're like talking so fast, you know, and you know, we mean something in our head and it comes out different. So we appreciate, quite honestly for you guys to be like, oh, because we know a lot of you guys are finance nerds like us. So if you hear a thing and you're like, girl, you sure me that certainly hit us up and let us.
Speaker 1: Know absolutely all right, here comes a question from anonymous listener. You'll see why when I get into her question. So she says, I'm a senior case manager working for a nonprofit that has Medicaid billing programs and non medicaid billing programs. I have a caseload of nineteen clients with mental illness. Last year, I was asked to provide coverage for seven clients for five weeks. Due to my work ethic, time management, and organizational skills, I agreed to take on the task. They were so satisfied by my work that last month they asked me to provide coverage for four more weeks for three more clients for the same program. I said okay through the month of February. But I didn't get paid extra for providing this additional coverage. After I completed what I was asked to do, I received an email from my director asking me to extend that coverage through the middle of March. I told her no, because I agreed to help just through the end of February. I just can't do it for three more weeks. My no was rejected. I now have to do it. They've only offered me one day off in return. Is it time for me to look for another job?
Speaker 2: Yes, I've I feel like this.
Speaker 1: I feel like they took advantage of my kindness and I'm burned out.
Speaker 2: Yes, girl, let me pay something that work. Like from the beginning, I would say to set the clear boundary because here's this is and not every job navigates like this. You know, some people will see and say, hey, you know, I know I'm asking you for this. This is what I'd like to give you in return. And so, for example, sometimes there'll be things that I'll ask my the people who work with me. I always I hate to say work for me, because we really work together that work with me, and it'll be additional. So there was a woman on my team, she's excellent, amazing, just like you sound, and there was additional work that she took on. But then later she came to me she was like, hey, you know, that's kind of like out of my work title and it's additional work, you know, And I was like, oh, girl, you're totally right. So me not paying her extra initially initially wasn't because I was trying to get over it, just because especially with like I guess, I don't know if you call me a startup still, it's so easy to just pick up work to do work. And so but as soon as I I found out be remediated and I was like, yes, let's go back to when it started, so we can give you that back pay now. If that's not the reaction then, or if you know that's not the kind of environment you work at, like if anyone's just listening, I agreeing to do that without parameters in place. Always always always ask for Hey, I you know, I you know I'd love to help. So but what are some of the parameters? Am I going to be available?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Am I going to be compensated for this additional work? Will I be able to take additional days off? Like getting that plan now? And absolutely, girl, they tried it, they played it because what'm fools? I just don't Here's why I don't understand, Mandy. Why does corporate America say, oh my god, Maddy, you are so amazing. You know how I'm gonna reward you by mistreating you. Isn't that great? Isn't that great?
Speaker 1: Job? We love working with you. Can you keep doing that for free?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or just like and can we overwork you and underpay you and mistreat you? You're leaving?
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 2: So? Like one of our friends made that we know she's leaving her job after she begged for help and assistance. Now she someone else left and they gave her that person's work. No extra money for you, please, I'm johnning. No, she went away from maternity leave and when she went away, they have to get three people to do her one job. So when she came back and she said, so you see how much it is? Can I help have help? Now? So recently she found a job that was paying her literally like significantly more, and she's like sidebar, I'm out. And they were like no, all of a sudden, this we'll give you assistance and this and we're pay and we'll match you. And I just don't get it, Like I guess I have not worked in a corporate environment, Like what is that then? Like let's abuse, oh.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, now hey, now hey, now this is a nonprofit. It happens everywhere. It doesn't matter, like listen, it happened in the Royal family. Megan said, Oh, I don't get any mental health benefits or professional development support or like these are basic Like I don't know. I feel like at the end, it's an institutional it's thing broken at the level, at the institutional level, it's someone somewhere along the lines, something has been broken and employee care hasn't been taken into account. Because even though like tiff like you know at the Budgeonista, you you're put you in any other organization, You're still going to be Tiffany. Like if you run a team of a couple dozen women at any company, you would manage them the same way you manage them now under the Budganesta. I feel like and that like I think it comes down to people and systems and we need yeah, and people being allowed to continue doing you know, something like this and I listen. I don't know what the specific answer is, but I people need like this interview that Megan, I'll bring it back to Meghan and Harry. This was like the exit interview is how I how I saw it, Like you left a job, you weren't happy, tell us why, And companies really need to be listening and if they don't listen, then they'll continue to have you know, that kind of turnover and you know as they should and yes, yes, yes you need to leave, you need to take it. Sounds like you have amazing skills and a very loose in a field that probably has tons of not tons, but probably has plenty of jobs out there. So I wish you had told us what state you're in. What's yeah, hit me back on install, let me know what state here? I meybe people. We sometimes listeners will actually know, Hey, I got a job here, I got a job there. But it's time. Yeah, it's it's if they're not respecting your time and not giving you the support you need, then as long as you're able move move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Because honestly, caseworkers are like because I have a number of friends that've worked like as social workers and caseworkers, and you guys are always in high demand because it's hard, it's a it's a it's a field that people get easily burned out because it's so stressful. So they're always looking for people, so you do not have to There are moments when it's like a little girl, it's gonna be hard to find a job in that field and there's girl they will gobble you up and find a better place. But it's a good learning lesson because I know I'm the queen of no boundaries until I'm like, wait, now, I'm in a corner. They pay me one penny and I come in three hundred and sixty five days a year. What should I do?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: I understand because you want to be helpful, you know, but yeah, they tried it. I can't when they say they denied it, how are you gonna ask?
Speaker 1: How do you decide it? God, don't understand how And I'm not, Yeah, I mean this, I'm not in this field. But I'm just like, so I say here's the line, and you say, oh, never mind that. I don't care about the line, Like you're gonna do it anyway. But if I would say, pat, you know, start saving your coin, start looking for their jobs, and they and if they have anything to say about it, you know, you can tell them remember this, yeah goodbye, and if we need you know, if you need that. I feel like this is when you're being mistreated by you know, your partner, and you need your girlfriends to be like yeah, he hain't shit. You need to move on exactly. This is that, This is that, yep, this is that. All right, Well, I'm really excited. I hope we get some calling questions. Yeah, don't be crazy now, okay, don't don't go spend minutes and minutes and minute and it's telling us your life story lists, you know, nice questions, tell us details. Of course, if you don't want to call in, I think we'll still take questions the old fashioned way, so you can still hit me up on DM. We're at Brown Ambition Podcast on Instagram and email Brown Ambition Podcast at gmail dot com. But yeah, I'm really excited to hear y'all's voices.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am too, I am too. I can't wait. I feel like it's gonna be really fun to hear people be like, oh my god, okay guys, okay, so boom.
Speaker 1: Did you recall into radio shows when you were younger? Well even now if you recalled into radio.
Speaker 2: Show, not now, but like I feel like I did maybe when I was younger, Like you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I thought that's how you got concert tickets. Like I was so dumb, like I didn't realize, Like literally, I thought I'm never going to go to a concert. I'd just have to win the tickets, and I would call Q one hundred and Lana and try to get tickets. Either that or I thought you like, my dad would just go and like, you know, he'd be like, let's go. He would always take us to shows or sporting events or whatever the day of it, and he would never have a ticket. He would just get it from the scalper at the parking lot, you know, around the corner. And I would be like, Daddy, just get a regular ticket from the radio. Anyway, where was I what's happening? No?
Speaker 2: But I love that that, Like it's so funny how kids have this thing in your mind. You're like, oh wait, what, that's not how that works.
Speaker 1: Oh when I tell you you can just go to ticketmaster dot com and buy your Britney Spears tickets. Okay, Oh that's.
Speaker 2: Okay. So now it's time for Boost to break with all our family. Is you gonna boo? Is you gonna bread? What are you going from? Doldy, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: I feel the need to do a break, but I'm also gonna do a boost on the other side of it. So it's kind of like I don't know, just something to just chase the chase the break with something sweet. Okay, so my break, My break is before Megan Markle's interview. I think one of the most heartbreaking stories last week was Amanda Gore what's her name sorry, Amanda Gorman's post on Instagram where she so this is the what is she? A poet laureate? She she read a spoken word poem at the inaugural and she went viral with her amazing poem and how poignant it was. And she's so so young, she's in her young early twenties and on the national stage and Oprah blessed her, you know, with ever since she you know, gave that read her poem, and she's she's just become like this, this beacon of hope and black girl magic and all of that. And she apparently was walking into her own apartment building last week and security officer stopped her and said she looked threatening and wanted proof that she lived there. Meanwhile, and keep going yeah, sorry, yeah, which is yeah, so, And like I said, you know, it's just it just goes back and again, just more proof that as black women, you can't let your guard down ever, you know, no matter what you do, no matter how you have millions of people saying that you're a national treasure one day and just and imagine if that had been a police officer or you know, a security officer who was yeah, even more afraid, uh and racist than this guy apparently was and could have like hurt her physically, you know, or you know, And that is that fear that you you walk with in the back of your head. You just like the emotional work it takes to just move through the world, be happy, be black girl magic.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Everyone wants to say, how you know, cute and shiny black women are and we're all trendy now and all of that, But do you have to walk in these shoes every day with the with the fear, the underlying fear of someone will not see me for who I am, They will judge me based on my skin color, how I look. And so that made me very sad. So my heart was out to Amanda. And if you want to support her, I would say, go to her insta, check out her her work, see if any of it's for sale, and buy it full price. Okay, That's how I would move after that story. And so the other side that I wanted to shout out is my girl, Ava do Verney. I call her my girl, but I don't know her. She does follow me on Twitter. I love Ava. Avad Verney and Isa Ray are just like and Regina King anyway, love them. But Ava Duvernee. She started a whole entire website called air ra Crew. So her production company is called aira I think, and her website basically has solved Hollywood's problem for it, not really solved it, but has a solution for all the Hollywood producers who want to say, oh, there's just not enough black talent out there to staff our sets and you know production crews. Well, Ava has removed that excuse from the table. She has launched air a Crew and that's actually like a online directory of amazing black and brown talent and production crew. So if you are a filmmaker, check out aircrew dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, well yeah, when I saw that, I was like, Amanda is maybe one hundred pounds maybe one. That's like, you know, that's just I mean, honestly, she's so little, she's a young woman. She's petite is an understatement. So yeah, that's just agregious honestly, Like, oh, it's tiring. So I am going to boost speaking of black girl magic, speaking of doing the things, doing the dag on things. I got an email. I was like, is this real life? I literally woke up from a nap and I looked at my email and I saw that it was from the NAACP and I was like, oh, okay, and they said, Tiffany, you have been You have been nominated for an en Double ACP Image Award, like like Marseille Martin who's won, like Morgan Freeman, like Mayola Davis. I was like, is this a is a real thing? Literally? I was like, because I was just woking up for a nap and I was like, wait, am I am? I dreaming? And so your girl has been nominated for nd BACP Award. Officially, the nominations would have come out yesterday, but this comes out on Wednesday, and so I don't even know. I don't even know what to do with this information. It's just so exciting. So I was nominating for like Outstanding Social Media Personality for using my social media in service to black and blow black people, because that's what the NBLACP Awards for. I mean, yeah, that's what the organization is for for how I use the Budgetesta to help y'all get your money together. But like, honestly, when I did my googles of like who's won before, it was like mind blowing. So you know, there's no I mean, nomination does not mean when I'm just glad to be nominated. But you do have to vote, so I would love, love, love your vote. It will be on my social media, So just at the Budget Lissa on Instagram. You'll see it on Facebook. By now you'll see it posted. So just go and please vote. Your girl would love to win. Oh and here's my obligatory if you have not gotten the book Get Good with Money, my new book Ten Simple Steps to getting financially home. You know, once an episode, I gotta remind you go Get Good with Money.
Speaker 1: Pre order book launch month.
Speaker 2: It is, honestly, it is so crazy, Like.
Speaker 1: There's just so much congratulations already congratulated offline. But yes, yes, congrats, I'm so frigging it fite. And first of all, wait a second, can we go back to that part in the show where you said you weren't an influencer, but yet you're nominated for your huge social media listen are we is this imposter syndrome You're too good for this? Get over?
Speaker 2: No, I guess I think about influencers like, you know, like here's my lotions and here's my but you're right, I'm a finfluencer, which I like, I think that's super and the no.
Speaker 1: Shade like there's you know, we all have like as she needs, we need lotion, but we also have financial issues and we need education, so you provide.
Speaker 2: What I more think of myself as like a financial educator or whatever. I don't know, but no, but honestly, I I accept that. No, it's just honestly, Manji, Like there's been so many amazing things happening, and I feel like I was just telling this to my my ADMIN and I was just sharing with her. I was like, you know, last year, I felt like Tiffany, you're at the end of the beginning, you know, like as you like travel through or you're working on something, and you're like, oh, okay, like the first part, Like I think of my life and my journey kind of like in three parts, the beginning, the middle of the end. So there's the beginning of the beginning, the middle of the beginning. But last year I was like, this is the end of the beginning. You have officially put a stamp. You're no longer just like figuring it out. You're doing it. You're actually doing it. So I feel like right now I'm in the beginning of the middle. So like, not that all the things that I'm gonna be doing it or has pet peaked yet, because that would be the middle of the middle.
Speaker 1: But I'm following, you know.
Speaker 2: So I just feel like I'm at the beginning of the middle, like I'm I'm going towards, like, you know, whatever the pinnacle of all of this is going to be. And here's the thing. It might you know, some people will be in the middle for twenty years, fifty years, you know, some people for five months. I don't know, you know, but it's just such a I don't know, such a strange feeling, like that the things are happening that are happening just because I mean, I set out to teach preschool, you know, because I really like teaching and I like the babies. And then I was like, well, I still want to teach, but I want to help other women, especially women that look like me. And let's see where it goes. And it keeps going and going, and so to wrap my mind around it, Like I don't think I still wrap my mind around it. I'm not gonna lie. I'm a little disappointed that, you know, there's no physical award ceremony because that would be insane. Imagine me sitting next to Will Smith's like they would not put it next to Willsmoth. But you know, I'd be in the back somewhere. But just imagine if like you know, like it like outside was open, I would be at the award ceremony like walking the red carpet with some man. Oh my gosh. So I still told Tracy my stylists, I was like, girl, I need you to get on runt the runway and find me a gown because I am going to be wearing I'm gonna wear a gown at home, yes, because they are gonna, like you know, there's there's still gonna be like taping you and whatever where you are whatever. So I'm sure they're gonna have your reaction all that kind of stuff. So I believe that they it's gonna be like I think it's a twenty seventh. Yeah, that's a match of this month? Is that quick? Wait?
Speaker 1: That's how quick it is.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to fly to vote. Okay, I can vote till Wednesday. Yeah, so yes, it's to remind me to vote for Tiffany NAACP Award Wednesday at twelve pm.
Speaker 2: Okay, your reminder is set for Wednesday noon.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love it.
Speaker 1: That is the way. That is the only way things get done. I'm not I'm not playing around, Tyfney. I your Megan Markel DVR material. Yes, oh oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Gave me the metal Megan Markle treatment.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So yeah, this's just the beginning of the middle. So we shall see how far this thing goes. I just feel like, you know, I mean, just look at us, Manajory. We're just a couple of girls walking through Nola talking about, you know, you want to do a podcast. I was like sure, and now.
Speaker 1: Look well, it sounds like you're really coming into like being present in the in the fun part, because you know what I mean, you've been working so hard for so long, and I know you've been working with your coach and all of that. You just be to just like, yes, to feel it. I hope that you're feeling the success. I personally am feeling the joy. Like genuinely, I feel like every show, I'm just like gushing because every win, you know, you're winning so much lately that it feels it's just it's just booying. It's like a booye for myself as well. So I'm super super proud of you. And yeah, I mean that's a really cool award. That is dope.
Speaker 2: It is I just yeah, like I said, even if I don't, just to be nominated just feels like and honestly, I feel doing the work is really hard, like you know, with Doctor Green and like kind of like cracking open the things that you know make you feel sad, but I feel good. Actually I've been like crying more, but like you know, like in a normal like I'm sad about that, but then like happy again and like my old self again, where like you know, actual fluctuating feelings, and it just feels really good to like be present in that and to like you know, to go through those emotions because they're natural and they ought to be and it a like feeling sadness when I'm sad allows me to feel happy when I'm happy. And so it's just been really good and you know, I encourage anyone, anyone, anyone, you know, whether it's therapy or coaching or whatever that kind of looks like for you, it's a lot of hard work if you're you know, I mean, I know, not everyone can afford it. Oftentimes sometimes like especially therapy might be covered by your insurance. You should certainly look into it. But it's just so helpful if you're able to kind of because I don't want to take with me, like the stuff with me the next twenty or thirty or forty years, you know what I mean, Like I want to unpack it now and like it's just been excited for like what lies ahead.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you deserve it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Manja.
Speaker 1: I'm probably on our we on our grown Ish we on our beginning in the middle Ish.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, congrats, Okay, I'm so excited. I don't know what to do. Can I watch the end? Double? I don't know how it's gonna work. I'm sure you'll have details. I'll check out your Instagram page. Yes, oh okay, all right, well thanks for another wonderful show. I have to go upstairs because apparently my son's having a meltdown because he's teething.
Speaker 2: Oh I saw him with your microwave. I thought that was so cute.
Speaker 1: Oh where he put the entire Dutch oven in the microwave. Yeah, he loves He might be like I don't know. I think all babies like to cook, but he he loves watching me cook. But it's really dangerous to the point where he wants he wants to be held while I'm cooking, which you know, grease is flying all kinds of stuff. So I've started just like opening the pots and pans and he'll take them out, and like, I opened a little package of baby tomatoes and he is that what you call them? What are they called baby?
Speaker 2: You know the little one tomatoes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, those tomatoes, and he puts them in the pot and he stirs them up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: It's safe. But now he puts it in the microwave and I'm like, oh, shoot, he knows how to push the button.
Speaker 2: And I saw that, oh Rio with the peg attention. He was like, push the button.
Speaker 1: Once he knows how to do. He's just waiting. He has been waiting, lying in wait all this time. Now he's like, I got the legs, I got I can walk I had the height. It's over for these, it's tall.
Speaker 2: He is so tall too. Yes, Oh he's such a cutie pie. I love those curls. I was like, oh, Mama got cute curls. You got cute curls.