Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and Michael Kaufman and I'm her radio podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm excited for today's show because I want to have a debate with you and actually everyone here. I'm probably gonna lose, but that's fine. It is it just because you knew I was going to lose.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for this debate. I don't even know what it's about.
Speaker 2: So we have a guest today from Bling Empires, Sharie, And you know, I was kind of reading her background and you watched Blaning Empire, and you know, the background that I've heard from her is, you know, she proposed to her to her husband, and you know, they also went out of the traditions of the Asian culture, so you know, they had kids first before they got married. And it kind of leads me to traditions and what is expected of you and Wenning laughing.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm just anxious to see where this goes.
Speaker 2: Well, so, okay, so it's like, you know, traditions and where it's what's expected you when you're in you know, you go to school and then you go to college, and then you get a job and then it's like that is what you're supposed to do. And you know, I don't know if we've touched on this before in the podcast, and I think we probably have, but it just leads to, you know, why do we all have to follow that same mold? And as parents we have polar opposites of what that mold looks like. And you know, I kind of fear where that's gonna maybe cost some tension when the kids get older, because even you know I will say this too. I mean I potentially might be filming a movie in August and if there's quarantine stuff, I mean Jolie, because Michael is very much like, you will not miss like, okay, there's eight days that Jolie can miss in school, and I'm like, she can miss a month, Like it's fine, we'll bring the paperwork home, we can do the homework. And Michael's like, she will not miss a day.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, not that she won't miss a day. But it's like, when they get into organize school, you can't just be like, all right, well I got to shoot for three weeks. Let's bring a whole family up.
Speaker 2: That's what football people do, that's what other movie people do. We would unfortunately, have to bring put her in private school. But that's what that's what you do. The family travels together. So this is just a little cavy like this is a little like peep. Let's put a pin in that one.
Speaker 3: Get your pope ready, guys, so let's put a.
Speaker 2: Pin in that one. The big one for me is college because I personally don't feel like you have to go to college. And if it's something where you don't, if it's like, you know, if she wants to be an actress, yeah, think you gotta go to college. There's some great theatrical schools. Sure, but I don't think you need to go to college. And who am I to say? I didn't go to college? So how can I say to my kid you have to do something like when my dad said you have to go to college? I basically eam the finger, drove off in my green Saturn and went to LA.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna dream dad.
Speaker 2: But it's like, you know, you're very much like you. You are a very strict traditional This is how it goes.
Speaker 3: You're putting some words into my mouth.
Speaker 2: What are you not traditional?
Speaker 4: On?
Speaker 3: What I'm saying is, look if they if Joli and Jay's come to us. And they say they don't want to go to college, I'll say, okay, what's your plan? If they have a plan, say they want to be an actor. I want to be an actor. Okay. Have you thought about going to a theater school, a trade school, something specific for that trade?
Speaker 2: Okay? When if they go? Yeah, but I just want to go out to LA and just start auditioning. And mom has some friends that she can hook me up with.
Speaker 3: Okay, then I'll say, what job are you going to get in the meantime to help pay your bills while you're out there getting auditions? Did you do you? Are you going to be a waitress? Are you going to be that?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What job did you have when you were playing football?
Speaker 3: Football? Job?
Speaker 2: But was it what bills?
Speaker 3: Was it paying all my bills?
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about NFL. I'm talking about in college.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you didn't have a job scholarship?
Speaker 2: I'm no, no, Okay, great, congrats, I'm saying, but did you have a job because you didn't know you're gonna be in the NFL?
Speaker 3: Yeah, every summer I worked. What's your point here? My point is that like I worked and played football and went to school.
Speaker 2: I understand that I wouldn't you know me, Like, I'm the kind of person where it's like, hey, you're gonna like they're going to buy their own car with their money that they get from work. Sure, but let them like you don't have to drill them into like, you know, like the last thing you want is like, what are you going to do for work? They got to figure that out.
Speaker 3: Right, But also our parents, as parents, our job is to put them in the best position to succeed. So we're not just going.
Speaker 2: To say ever asked me what I was going to do for work when I moved to La I just was like, I have to get a job because I'm eighteen and I've got zero money.
Speaker 3: Right, But I still want our kids to here. This is about not about tradition. This is about just my personality of being prepared. It's I want you to go and be able to whatever scenario comes your way. You have a response for there's some preparation instead of just flying by the seat of your pants with a life changing decision, be like, ah, we'll see what it pans out.
Speaker 2: So okay, why don't you apply that to your own life? What do you mean, mister fly By? The seat of the pants. What do you mean that's how you live your life? How can you? How can you say that and then not actually live that? That's That's what I'm saying. You shan't be a hypocrite to your kids.
Speaker 3: How am I hypocrite?
Speaker 2: You don't fly? You fly by the seat of your pants? How? How not?
Speaker 3: How? Please tell me? How?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You just fly? You don't you just fly? You flutter? You're a flutterer. With our book, you know the schedule, we had a schedule Mark It's like no, I don't know. With the book, we have a schedule and it's like no, the last month ukram everything.
Speaker 3: That's different than having planned versus how I work better.
Speaker 2: But one's not living by a plan.
Speaker 3: No, that's not You're taking it into a different category, different context.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about when you're a young adult, they.
Speaker 2: Have to make yes, and we can say.
Speaker 3: Right, we help push in the right direction. I'm a grown up.
Speaker 2: Now, Okay, then I have a question. You said that you were going to buy them their car, and I'm very against that. I think they should work for that. I worked my butt off from my redilero. I got a job when I was fourteen, and then at fifteen I started waitressing, and I bought myself at least a red alaer up. I maybe like signed. You know, my dad signed for it, right, but he didn't pay for it. I worked for it. I paid two hundred bucks a month on that damn thing. So I'm just saying, like.
Speaker 3: I want to give and guess what if you didn't make the payments? Guess whose credit hurts your dad's.
Speaker 2: Well, but he knew I would work for it. I just okay, and this might hurt a little bit I have Why are you looking at me? I'm strained in my soul.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it. We're all waiting.
Speaker 2: Stop it making me sweat. I think there is Oh my god, No, seriously, I'm just looking at you.
Speaker 3: No, seriously, No, don't give me that like patronizing tap, Like seriously, come on, I want to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 2: No, stop, now you're like actually being rude? Now was that because I like being like serious?
Speaker 3: I'm being serious too.
Speaker 2: No. I just think if I have spoken to someone who said that sometimes they regret helping because it makes them not be as responsible for or in the value of money. And I think if there's if you're helping your kids too much, it can hurt them in adulthood.
Speaker 3: Here's what Jane is getting at, because I'll tell you right now it wasn't because yes, my parents always made sure that I could cover my bills if I had a hard time, or food in food in my refrigerator in college or whatever. By no means it was a charity. But whatever my scholarship didn't cover because it really wasn't enough, especially when I was a walk on. They made sure I didn't go hungry. But my devaluing of a dollar didn't come from my parents being there to help me if I needed it. I admittedly say it was from making the money I did in my twenties. And here's I'll say this. I've said this to other people where because you and I are different when it comes to spending, right Like I'm a little bit more Liza Fair, a little bit more open to spending than you are. And we talked about numerous times on here, and I literally contribute that to in your twenties, your power was getting turned off. You're in taketos for dinner like I was.
Speaker 2: Stealing toilet paper from the wood Ranch Grill in West Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Right, that was your early twenties. My early twenties, I was making a ridiculous amount of money, especially for early twenty year old So my value of a dollar early after college, I had a different skew on things, and that still affects me now because I was used to being on my own, having money to buy whatever I wanted and just doing it because I could. And so that's where I admit that, that's where my appreciation of a dollar has downgraded is because of that. Not from my parents helping me in a time of need, not from them, you know, helping me at with other things. It came from my experience in my early twenties.
Speaker 2: I do appreciate you saying that, though, because you've never expressed that to me before that way, Like, you've never you've never So I'm like, and now I'm like, oh, that makes sense now, Like I understand now why you value money different. I've never you've never explained it that way to me. Really, yeah, So I do appreciate you being able to explain it to me like that. Yeah, you know, just yeah, I think, just like to circle back, I think there is just I think there's healthy ways of helping your kids. Like of course, if Jolie and Jace come to me, one thousand percent, I'm going to help them because I like to be able to have the means that my parents didn't have because I had to quit things. You know, I had to quit figure skating, that's something I loved because my parents got divorced. I had my mom had to work three jobs, and I had to work because my parents got divorced. And you know, there was a lot of things that I didn't have, but if I needed it, I had to work for And there's things I wish I could say, like mom, but I will say also when our power was getting my power was getting shut off in La, you know, my mom took money out of her retirement, and when I got really sick in Romania, you know, she took more money out of her retirement and you know, flied, fled me or flew me back home, you know. And so it's like a mother and a father are going to do whatever they are going to do with their for their children, and you know, hopefully we'll continue to have the means to be able to provide I just know the value of not having it. And and but also I will say too, that's affected my relationship with money because I'm so scared to lose it that I become very controlling of it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So I think that's, you know, an aspect that I'm constantly working on because it's it's so scary to be in that situation, because I don't want to ever have to look at, you know, to like I had my two girlfriends, my two best girlfriends from Michigan were in town when I was living in LA and my freaking power turned off, you know, like it's it was embarrassing, like here I am, I moved to LA to be this actress and like my's getting turned off, you know. So I just I just think there's a there is a healthy balance. But I really I want them to know that like they can't just like they gotta do everything they can before they like they know, they'll know that I was there. But I don't want to be like here.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, And I never said I wanted to be like here, here's this, here's that.
Speaker 2: But that's a car. And I'll tell and I'll tell you what I will let me, let me do what my grand and so I said, this is what my grandpa. What my grandpa did for my brother was the coolest thing ever. And it's something I've always thought of that I want to do for our kids because we do have them, you know, hopefully by then we have still the means. What my grandpa did for my brother was my my grandpa said, if you want this car, it's my car. You got to pay me. So every two weeks, and my brothers, my brother got you know, two jobs. He paid my brother. He paid my grandpa for this beat up even had a Mary Kay sign on it because my grandma used to sell Mary Kay. And I mean it was just like me and my friends just jump in the back seats because they were the bouncy like just a big old like car. It was a boat. Yeah. But my brother paid my grandpa every two weeks on a schedule, and my grandpa very german structured. He was like, you'll pay me every two weeks. This is how much it's going to be, and by this point it'll be paid off. And so when my brother paid him off, it was like fifteen thousand dollars, which would have been the blue book Kelly blue Book of what the car cost. My grandpa gave him all the money back and said, put this in your bank, and I was just like it. Like to this day, it still gives me chills because I'm like, now that's awesome because he still worked for it, but now it's go put this in your bank. You weren't laid on a payment and now you know, invest in this, Like what a gift. You know that you taught them hard work does pay off, you know, And I just love that, you.
Speaker 3: Know, And it's there's it's interesting because there's different ways to look at you know. I feel like people, depending on their experiences, they can go one of the one or one or either direction, one of two directions. Where like we have these friends that live across from us, that our neighbors. And he grew up with like I mean food stamps, like barely any food with like Jason.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and Jason our neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you know, he had like four other siblings and they didn't even know where next meal would come some days. So now him and his wife they make a little money and he'll like over buy groceries because he never wants his kids to ever have to know what it's like to not have food available, and she gets frustrated because she's like, we're wasting so much. But he just it's this childhood anxiety, like, no, I never want to I never want our kids to ever have to feel that ever. And so it's you know, kind of like that where it's people that grew up maybe without money or hard times, it's they'll maybe overcompensate, where it's like I never want my kids to ever come close to feeling that, Or it's the other end where it's just like, no, I worked for this, you gotta do the same thing. So it's fine in that happy medium of still teaching then the lesson, but also knowing that mom and dad got your back, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like we got off a little bit, but like in a great way because the end of the day, you know, if the kids don't want to go to college, they do want to go to college.
Speaker 3: Almost support them no matter what. I just here's the thing.
Speaker 2: And what if Jolie wants to propose to somebody, what would you say? And what if Jolie wants to have a baby before she gets married.
Speaker 3: Look, that's down the road. I don't want to have to worry about that problem yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, but because I think the dream world as everyone you know, but some things just happen differently for people.
Speaker 3: And it's okay, right, here's my only thing about Okay, say you know they want to become an actor, right, whe of the kids want to go out there, Jolie wants to become an actor.
Speaker 2: I mean I will, I will gladly tell them they should not do that.
Speaker 3: Right. But say say she wants to write, Okay, fine, you know how hard it is to be successful at it and to make any kind of living at it, right, And so okay, say she does that, Say unfortunately it doesn't pan out, and she didn't go to college or any kind of school. Then she comes home and she's twenty five. What career path does she have? Where it's like it's like, what you think she's just going to go get a job somewhere. Well, guess what. Nowadays to get a job, it's like everyone you like have to have a master's Before, Like when I got out of college, it's like, yeah, you know, bachelor's degree is fine. Nowadays it's like masters dot Like it's insanely competitive. So what is she going to do?
Speaker 2: Then well, I didn't go to college because I didn't want to fall back plan because in my brain, I'm like that way, I wouldn't fall back.
Speaker 3: No, I'm with you, trust me. I was the same way when I did the NFL. It's like it was NFL or nothing. People are like, oh, what are you gonna do after you know football? I was like, I'm not worried about that because this is my plan A through Z. So I get it. And with sports you're able to go through the route of going to college because that's part of the process.
Speaker 2: I will say though, that even if you don't have a backup plan, and you know, if you didn't have radio, you might have found that you're always going to find something else, whether some you're going to find something that you will end up finding your passion. And I do believe that if you set you up, set out your goal, I think you'll always land. You're gonna land among the stars.
Speaker 3: Or you'll land up at the bottom of a bottle.
Speaker 2: O what Jesus.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's other people that go that route.
Speaker 2: I will say too, I'm not an advocate for not going to college. I just want to say that I think you know, having an education and a degree is very valuable. But if you do have a you know, acting or you want to open a pl you know. I obviously if you want to go into business, it's great too, you know, for a studio. But I just think there are certain situations where maybe it isn't like the route and that's what.
Speaker 3: And that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I believe that college isn't for everybody. I do believe that. But you know, again, I just want to plan, that's all.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to just find out the proposal thing.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, so on that topic, speaking of money and everything, let's uh, let's take a quick break and then I'll intro our guests. Sure, all right, So we have a great guest today. You know, it's it's wildfire right now Bling Empire on Netflix, and so we have the wonderful, amazing sweet Cherie on the show today to talk everything Bling Empire, her baby, her mother or her baby. Sorry, her fiance Jesse was not able to join us, but let's bring her in.
Speaker 2: Hi, Hello, adorable, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know, I just binged Bling Empire this morning actually, and you know, I thought I was just going to watch a little bit Schari just to watch you and Jesse since we were supposed to have you and him on. I know he couldn't make it today, but I really enjoyed the show. It's very entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I have a lot of friends too that are so you know, just like they that's all they talk about what was for you? Like what was the deciding factor for you to be on a reality show?
Speaker 4: At first, I actually wasn't going to be a part of it because I was so busy with my mom and I was pregnant. And I told Jesse and he was like, no, I'm not going to do it, and he didn't even know who Jeff Drinkins was. I didn't know who Jeff Drinkings was, but I knew his work. And then my friend told me, and then I went to meet with Jeff and I thought it was too good to be true. And I came home. I told Jesse and he's like, no, that's that's too good to be true, like an all Asian cast reality show. And we just didn't think anything of it, and then you know, he must down the road.
Speaker 5: Jeff was like, hey, good news. You know we're gonna do the show.
Speaker 4: And all of my friends were like, oh, my gosh, Urea, like they're all like happy, but I was like really depressed. I was, you know, taking care of my mom and being pregnant and really just trying to breathe because every every day I went to the hospital was bad. And I didn't think I was going to do the show at all, really, and I spoke to my mom about it and she was just she was at first, she was, you know, against it, and she was just you know, a very typical Chinese mom. But then later on she's like, you know what, sure, you want to do the show, you should do it. And then it's crazy because literally a few weeks before the show started filming, she passed away, and that gave me my Actually, the show really helped me, helped me with a lot of grief. I think without me being pregnant, and maybe even without the show, I would just probably end up where my mom's at. Really, like I couldn't. I couldn't think anything other than you know, my mom not in my life, like but to me that this doesn't make sense, Like even till this day, I have trouble, especially during the holidays like today's Chinese me Eve, and it's a big holiday in our family and just you know, when I woke up in the morning and she wasn't here, it just kind of shocked me a little bit, and you know, the holidays are really difficult for me.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure. I was just going to ask you, did you know and you kind of answered it. It seemed like the show was almost a healthy distraction for you, and the fact that you got kind of your mother is blessing there at the end, you know, before she passed away. I think you're eight and a half months. It was just before Javon was was born, correct, Yeah, that's that's unfortunately, very very pregnant. Yeah, before he was born. Sorry, if there's any.
Speaker 2: M hmm. Yeah. You know, I'm curious when you say, you know, like a typical Asian mom and the Asian culture, what is I guess what is that? Because I don't obviously I don't know much about the Asian culture and how are you going to raise your kids? Like, what are some of the the amazing attributes of the Asian culture that you're going to bring in as a mother yourself?
Speaker 5: I think you don't.
Speaker 4: Yvonne definitely know a lot about Chinese food and just Asian food in general, because we eat a lot of it at home and out before COVID happened, and Judo was very lucky. She actually got to travel everywhere. You know, one baby, you can travel with them. Was easier now with two babies and COVID, like, forget it, we're not traveling. We're eating at home or we're buying to go right. And so I think your Door has a lot of Chinese values in her, more than I expect that she would. I mean, she loves everything about the Chinese language and learning it.
Speaker 5: And actually every language. She's like a language girl, and she.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I just hope I can be the type of mom my mom was to me to Judor, because it's just been so hectic without her, and I feel that, you know, when she was here, I was just like kind of being lazy, I guess, lazy mom, but my first baby.
Speaker 5: I was definitely there for Judor.
Speaker 4: But I leaned a lot my mom because you know, Mom, she came in, she did everything for me and was really close to her. And I don't think your Door knows my mom is gone, Like she knows that she's not here, but she doesn't know where she's at like, she'll ask me even today, she's oh, Popost coming in and goole, is you know grandma Grandpa? And I told her no, they're going to come tomorrow and she's like, okay. But even if she doesn't see my mom, she's still like, for some reason, feels that my mom is here.
Speaker 5: Doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 3: No, it definitely does.
Speaker 5: She could feel it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that that definitely makes sense. How old are the kids now?
Speaker 5: Judor is four and a half and Japan is eighteen months?
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's crazy, because I guess you guys were filming obviously a while back, because I mean, you know, she had the birth of her of your son on the show, which was a pretty cool experience. Was that something that you were open to doing or did it you know, did it just kind of it seemed to happen that way or did you have any issue with that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I actually no, I didn't want to film my birth on TV, not on Netflix. But then I thought about it hard with Jesse and we're I and I told him, hey, you know what I don't have any footage of because when was born, he was really nervous.
Speaker 5: He did.
Speaker 4: I told him, like let's hire a photographer, let's have a videographer. He's like, no, we're not doing any that. I'm gonna do my iPhone. So he took an iPhone video, but the whole video is in slow motion. So I reminded him myself, are you sure you want you want to have a slow motion like video of Javon?
Speaker 5: Like, I don't want that.
Speaker 4: And so we we you know, obviously talked to the producers. We're like, okay, well make sure you know it's not like PG thirteen. It has been PG like really clean, like nothing, you know, grided r. And they're like, oh, of course, not sure. Why would we do that to you, Like it would totally be PG. And then to the clip and then showed me and they're like, oh do you approve? And I'm like, yeah, it's beautiful. I mean the fact that I saw Javon's first breath on TV like that just takes my.
Speaker 5: Breath away every time I watch it.
Speaker 4: Well, next cry and actually all of my family members, all my friends cried too.
Speaker 2: Well if you ever want to feel uh, we had our son actually live podcast and I regret that just because I mean, I'm like huking it I'm like throwing up. I'm having a panic attack because when I was getting like the epidural like there was the spinal tap or whatever. I mean, it was just like ridiculous. So major props to you for showing, you know, actually showing it.
Speaker 5: You only have one baby.
Speaker 2: We have two. We have a five year old girl and a two year old little boy. So yeah, they're they're fun, They're they're awesome kids. But I'm I'm curious because you know, I've you know, I haven't watched the show yet. I'm going to now because I love you and you're so cute, and you know, Michael was saying how much he really enjoyed it too. But what he told me was that you proposed, And I was just like, wait, what, Like she proposed to him? And I'm curious, like how that, like a what was your deciding factor? And then was there anything in you being like because if that was me, I'd be like, well, why wouldn't you propose to me? Like don't you like am I not good enough? Am I not worth it?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: What did any of those thoughts go through your head at all?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I never felt that way with Jesse. I never felt I wasn't good enough or not worth it, because he always he's always there for me, he like physically, emotionally everything, Like even with my mom which is in the hospital, he came with me all the time.
Speaker 5: He drove me.
Speaker 4: He didn't want me to drive, and I never felt that he didn't want me. It was never about that. And I think with Jesse, he just like kind of like a snail. He takes his time and to his I mean to back him up a little bit, he was actually going to propose, uh, right before we found that my mom, you know, is ill, was ill, and uh, he had planned on it. He put like a big trip to Japan and I don't think I was pregnant yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I wasn't pregnant yet, and he planned a big trip to stripand he me there with my mom there. But then you know, we heard the bad news and he obviously didn't.
Speaker 5: Want me to He knew how sad it was.
Speaker 4: My mom was everything to me, and so he just you know, stopped the whole plan. He canceled the trip, and he thought maybe he was going to post me like in between that he was hoping my mom will get better, like we're all hoping that, but she just every day it was like a downfall for her. And so with that being said, then he was gonna propose like after but then there's this like Chinese like functory thing where you're not supposed to do it. I don't I don't really know what the story is. But yeah, it's just like he told me. And then I was, g that's so slow. I'm just gonna do it like whatever. I don't care, you know, and not I don't care, I do care, but yeah, I just w my that feeling, and at that moment, I felt my mom. She's still here in spirit and she would have loved to know that, you know, we were engaged.
Speaker 3: That's so great. I was anxious to ask both of you. You know, when your kids get older and they get to that point of relationship, you know, is that something with Jesse? You know, because like what he was saying on the show, he was like, why does everything have to be so traditional? Like, you know, we have this family, we love each other, like yeah, we'll get married. But he didn't want to feel rushed or whatever it was. I know there's a lot around it, Like you're just saying, but when it comes to your kids. Is that something that you guys are going to kind of teach or preach to be, like, hey, be married before you have kids, or are you going to be more open because y'all story is a little different.
Speaker 5: I think my life was meant to be this way.
Speaker 4: But definitely for my children, I want them to get married first and then have babies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 4: Want to be there for the wedding really important to me.
Speaker 2: So what was that for you that you know where you didn't feel like you had to do it the traditional way.
Speaker 4: I think maybe that lucky. I don't know, DoD o get lucky or unlucky. I have no idea. I never in my life thought I would post to someone, I guess, and the ideas kind of came to me out of the blues. And I remember telling my friend and she's like, wait, are you okay? Like did you drink religion tequila? I? No, I didn't drink religion tequila? And yeah, she's yeah. She thought was crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, good for you because you know it came across in such a positive way where it wasn't like you were demanding it or just making the move. When he didn't want to. You're like, hey, this is what I want. I'm a I'm a strong, you know, woman that wants to marry this man. He wants to marry me. I know that. So I'm just gonna step up and do it. So I love the way I thought they framed it in such a good way, And I thought you delivered it in such a good way that it wasn't out of a again, a distress. It was out of just because of you guys loved and connected with each other. So I thought it was really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm curious, And first of all, I'm so sorry about your mom, you know, for our listeners, are there any tips for you that you do like to deal with grief or someone that's lost a loved one, Like what what helps you? Do you meditate? Do you write things down? Do you distract yourself? Like what are some of the ways that you've been able to to kind of put one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 4: Dealing with the grief was not easy when I was still pregnant. Every day I had to tell myself like, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't affect baby jabbon. And up until the day he finally came out. I thought I was gonna go home and drink and just drink, but I don't even drink much.
Speaker 5: But I never did any of that.
Speaker 4: I thought I was just gonna drink and be sad and cried out, but I actually never did any of that. Do I cry, yes, especially during your holidays.
Speaker 5: I cry a lot. Even today I cried.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: I think just I don't think too much of it.
Speaker 4: You know, know that you're whoever that passed away in your life is in a better place, and that they're they're still here with you, Like I know my mom is like in heaven, but I feel that she's around, and I don't know.
Speaker 5: How to explain it. I don't know how. I think everyone deals with a grief differently, but definitely don't drink when you're grieving. And and don't.
Speaker 4: You know, I think I was very lucky to have Japan. He helped me a lot, like he is the happiest baby.
Speaker 5: I don't know how that.
Speaker 4: Baby went through like nine months of with me being sad, going to the hospital, going on ambulance rides, like taking care of my mom, be a caretaker, a bookkeeper, like a like a want to be doctor, like a nurse, like he did everything with me and he popped out just like the happiest baby like he. I don't know.
Speaker 5: He he was a gift for me, like a gift from taught to me to help me with my mom. Literally that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: And he he just is always smiling around me. I can't like if I'm sad, I just look at him.
Speaker 5: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know I feel sad anymore. He's a gift.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it. You know you're you're just mentioning drinking a little bit chery and you mentioned religious tequila and uh, you know, I know that's something that you and Jesse have worked on in a business that you started. Tell us and our listeners kind of some about the entrepreneurial endeavors that you and Jesse are doing.
Speaker 4: Right. Religion tequila another one of our babies. We actually started the from scratch and it's one hundred percent worgan in tequila. We have a Manuka honey tequila which is really delicious and that Nuka honey. I mean, people are crazy about it because they think, you know, if you're not feeling well and you take a shot of Manukahan in tequila. You're good to go, and we never marketed anything, but we're grateful for the company. Yeah, we work so hard on it. The bottles are are triangular shape, they're very beautiful. Actually, we're having a private label come out at the end of the month, and what it is is you can it's a special bottle for you and you can put your name on it and there's.
Speaker 5: Only one hundred bottles and.
Speaker 4: It's like a special private label for whoever that wants to win one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so awesome. And where can our listeners find you and find this Religion Tequila?
Speaker 4: For me, it would be Surey Official on Instagram, and for Religion Tequila it would be Tequila Religion on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Amazing. Well, thank you so much for coming on our show. Sorry that there was a little bit of delay, but thank you for coming on our show and just sharing your story with us and being open with us and authentic and vulnerable, especially with your mom. And I'm so sorry. And I'm excited to watch Bling Empire because yeah, you're just You're so sweet and I'm pumped to watch it. So thanks for coming on our show.
Speaker 3: Thanks for for your time.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 2: She was so sweet.
Speaker 3: Oh she was great. You know, I wish we had Jesse, her her fiance, onto but no, she was super sweet. She came across just as she does in the show, just very like kind.
Speaker 2: You know. What's interesting is she doesn't seem like someone that would be on a reality show, do you know what I mean? Okay, because yeah, I was expecting because you see the billboard, right, and that's all I've seen pretty much, you know, because I haven't had a chance to watch yet. You know, you said you would watch it and kind of you know, fill me in on that, and and it just was like, eh, like I loved Crazy Rich Asians, like the movie, but I was just like, I just don't know if I can deal with another out there reality show, you know, like a Housewives. I just like, I cause I don't I'm not a really big Housewives fan. I mean I watch a few shows, but you know what I mean, Like, I'm just like, but she was just normal and like nice.
Speaker 3: Nor and her and her fiance Jesse are definitely the calmest out of the crew. But even so it's not as it's not as dramatic as some of the Housewives shows have been. Yeah, there's some drama, but it's like everyone's still connected and still friends. But no, Cherie and Jesse are so sweet, are such nice gentle people on the show, and she I mean, that's exactly what I expected.
Speaker 2: You know, And now I want to watch it because that's because that's the kind of reality TV I like, like, I like like if we were to ever do a reality show, I would want to be with like friends or where it's like happy and it's not just like drama and throwing tables and like hitting each other. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Unless it's like a contest to see who can throw a table further, then well I'm in.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mark, Do we have any emails?
Speaker 3: We do?
Speaker 1: This is from Hannah.
Speaker 3: She's frustrated.
Speaker 1: She says, my boyfriend went on a hunting trip with some friends after I asked him not to go. We live together and I'm a full time photographer. Well, four days later, he tests positive COVID. I now have to postpone all of my photo sessions for two weeks and I'm taking a huge income loss. I'm so hurt and angry with him, and I'm feeling so much resentment, even though he has apologized many times. Neither of us can leave the house to get any space from each other. How would you handle working through this?
Speaker 3: And I feel bad, as she asked, and I feel bad for him because of course he goes. He's never living this though never.
Speaker 2: Poor guy, poor guy.
Speaker 3: And poor hair, poor both of them, because this is just an unfortunate because think of all the people that have done. I did my buddy's weekend in North Carolina last year during COVID and you know, knowing there's fourteen of us there, no one got anything. And you know which now, granted was all of our fears that we would come home because all of our wives would have been like, I told you not to go, But that didn't happen. So I feel bad for him.
Speaker 2: I will say though too. You know that was a conver station that we had because it was sure in the COVID times. I also knew it was with June, July, August, September was that it was it was and July, so I mean it was definitely during you know, still COVID times, and I mean obviously it's all COVID times right now, but you know it's still where it was. You should really probably stay home, and but I knew he needed it, and I knew that it would be good for him, but I did say it. We did have a conversation that if either I changed my mind like unsafe for whatever, is it okay? Like would you can you stay home if for some reason I just don't feel comfortable with it? And he was like, one thousand percent if you want me to stay home, no issues at all, And I feel like that's that. And once he said that, I was like, no, babe, go like go, go, go, like you need it. Go. I think he probably would have She probably would have been just as open to it if if he was just as like, if you don't.
Speaker 3: Want me to go, well, well she said no.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But how did she say no though, because she might have been like you're not going like a controlling way.
Speaker 3: H Yeah. I don't know. I don't know. I make up that she might have. She might have. She might've been like, no, you're not going, and then that's why he was probably likes, screw it, I'm going.
Speaker 2: And if she would have maybe expressed it in any more be like.
Speaker 3: Look, I know you want to go, it's just right now is not a good time. Because of COVID, I got all these shoots coming up. How much would that suck if you the off chance you came back with it right? So can we just wait it out a little longer and then I promise you and your buddies can go, you know, as soon as you can after that. So yeah, I mean, all sounds good in hindsight, and it sound and it's a lot harder to do in the moment we get it.
Speaker 2: So how do they deal with it now?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Because I feel like he totally just disrespected her by just going against her wishes.
Speaker 3: Yes, he did, and she probably disrespected by the way that she said no, and like probably didn't even make it a discussion.
Speaker 2: What if she did do it right, Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt that she did it right and was just like, I really don't want you to go, and he still went. How would she deal with that because I'd be like, I feel disrespected.
Speaker 3: That's really hard because I have a hard time thinking she did it that way because he went. But let's say he's just that big of an asshole and still went. Even if she came from a good place, then she has every right to. I mean, she has every right to be upset anyway, but like she just needs to continue to express it.
Speaker 2: Be like, dude, in the future, when I'm.
Speaker 3: Still sitting with me, just please, in the future, can we agree that we can talk about it and you can just come to me and tell me. So just blatantly disrespecting me and leaving because that's not cool.
Speaker 2: And let the resentment go. Don't let it stay, and you talk about it and then let it go.
Speaker 3: Yeah and yeah, Hannah, the more you remind him, though, the more it's just gonna create a bigger divide, you know, So the more you just keep rubbing it in his face, So just try to Yeah, like Janna said, try to let it go. We know it's hard. He's owning that he messed up, so we just gotta swallow it.
Speaker 2: Guys, I feel like that was a great show.
Speaker 3: Great show.
Speaker 2: Come a little close, baby, you can come closer to.
Speaker 3: Me now I can like being kind of road.
Speaker 2: You were just getting like too close to me. I need my personal space.
Speaker 3: Oh now you're too close. You don't walk intimacy, you know, the guy actually tries to get close and intimate and you're being roaded, So that's our show for today later