Speaker 1: I fell this morning walking my dogs because I was like handling them and there was a giant fucking hole in the sidewalk well, and I rolled my ankle and I stood up and I was like I hate this fucking things. Yeah, well, why are they not repairing the sidewalks instead of like sweeping homeless people? Like It's so I'm like.
Speaker 2: In Japan, like they're like I just witnessed like anytime there was like a little like pothole or something, there's like a team of four guys who just like went out. That's like they didn't have any like big equipment. They just had like a couple of tools and like a bag of cement and they're just like fucking patched it up and then went on their way.
Speaker 1: You know, like Disney, where like anything that happens, there's immediately like ten Disney people right there to clean it up and like and like draw or over it. Yeah exactly, I want that life. I wanted to be like so much.
Speaker 2: It's not that hard. It's just like you just need to actually invest in like cities and public works and not let rich people fucking vandalize your entire system. And you know, so to prove their point that like everything needs to be privatized.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: That's all nuts. It's so bad.
Speaker 1: It's so bad, Like I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, how's your ankle?
Speaker 3: That's terve for.
Speaker 1: I just kept walking spine just I was like, we're gonna finish this fucking walk dog. The Manson kind of stop me.
Speaker 4: I meanwhile, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, eighty four, Episode four of eys Geist.
Speaker 2: It's a production of iHeart Radio. It's a prediction of iHeart Radio. It's a podcast where you take a deep to dive into America's share consciousness. It's Thursday, April seventeenth, twenty twenty five. I'm going on four hours of sleep. My name is Jack O'Brien aka Shave off your eyelashes, Man, join a coat with me. I'm so manly in there ain't no test. I wouldn't do that one courtesy of Halcyon Salad about how all the fellas we're shaving off our eyelashes because eyelashes are gay and they're for girls and so that yeah, okay, it's stumplugus so fucking gay sas street character. When you have to make a cartoon character, girl, what do you do bow on head eyelashes? Okay, okay, so I'm feeling you, bro. I get here your case, my honor. I'm thrilled to be joined by hilarious stand up comedian, writer, actor, improviser all the things. You can catch her on stand up stages everywhere. Go check her website and at the monthly Facial Recognition comedy show, which she also produces.
Speaker 1: It's back again, Fella France, What up?
Speaker 2: How's it going.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited to have you here.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Jet leg is weird. Probably I was exhausted all day yesterday and then I got into bed and could not fall asleep for five straight hours.
Speaker 1: I just imagined you like staring at the feeling.
Speaker 5: Anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I did, like Adya Taylor joining.
Speaker 2: Bring one. Yes, I did the thing that they tell you to where it was just like, oh, just like get up and do something, and then come get up and do something. That's what I've heard like, rather than sitting there and stressing out about the fact that you're not sleeping, you're supposed to get up and do something. So I went got up, opened all the mail that had come when we were out of town.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, stressing about the bill.
Speaker 5: It was stressful.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't want to be stressed in bad so I'm just gonna.
Speaker 2: Get up and go stress out about other things. Look at and then I got this, Uh, like they do a thing. Now I'm wondering if this is everywhere in America. It's all over southern California, where like toll roads that you just like get the toll in the mail, they take care of your That's like. So now it's like a big scam on text messages where like they're people. People are getting texts being like, hey you owe this toll.
Speaker 5: Which North Carolina theft has been chasing me for twenty bucks for years?
Speaker 2: No really for a real one.
Speaker 5: I can try.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anyways, I tried to pay one of the going back to try to pay one of those, it timed down. It timed out twenty times in hour. I was like, God, wait, you.
Speaker 1: Checked for tolls in your honor and then logged into a bright laptern.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hell at like three am.
Speaker 2: Anyways, this is why nothing today is gonna make.
Speaker 1: It's relaxing for me. It's just something I like to do in my spare time.
Speaker 5: Paying goal a bit. I'm a bit twisted little from the toys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, I suck at sleep and that my brain is fucking scrambled eggs today. I'm thrilled to have you here. Polly Miles is out on assignment for the day.
Speaker 1: He's in the field.
Speaker 2: He's in the field exactly.
Speaker 1: Hutting down stories at Biden's latest speech. He's still there.
Speaker 2: It's still going, covering breathlessly, We're ignoring the Bernie aoc thing breathlessly covering Biden and Kamala. Do you see Kamala being like told just so about what he fucking knew, everybody knew. You just lost you just fucking blew it.
Speaker 1: Want you to suck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, paulove you. We're thrilled to be joined in air Third Deceit by a tech journalist and writer behind the newsletter Where's Your heed At, and the host and creator of the only consistently like, good and honest and correct tech podcast I'm Aware of Better Offline and all right, So this is this is what we're calling a call to action. Everybody's currently nominated for a Webby. I'm gonna go ahead and demand that you go go to the episode description. We are going to be linking off to where you can vote for his show, because his show is the best.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get us to give us a cut of that webbe He's get the.
Speaker 2: Top little part of the spraying. Okay if you do it, but it's yeah, it's his show, and then a bunch of shows that are like the shows that he's explaining why they're wrong and he's right. Yeah, so you have to go vote for him right now.
Speaker 5: And my name is it's.
Speaker 2: What my name is?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: I was at the iHeart Podcast Award and you had to do ten thousand dollars in cash, and then you announced a different podcast, the best Tech Podcast.
Speaker 2: I would not announce that tech podcast.
Speaker 5: No that what was great with that though, is so a horrible people at hard Fork podcast one. But I did get one victory, which was the room the awards thing was like red light, very like evil looking light. Yes, and Kevin Ruse of hard Fork, who doesn't not very happy with me, he looked he caught my eye and he like full on jump. I don't blame him because I was just like grinning at him like evil read late yeah, like the worst possible.
Speaker 1: And generally how I respond to British people, you know what I mean? Like the time I see a British person terrifying and it was the.
Speaker 5: Fact I was staring at him.
Speaker 2: Yeah what you get.
Speaker 5: I might not win the award, but I I really You'll never sleep again.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's actually what Jack saw last night before going to bed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, staring at me, dragging a slow finger across.
Speaker 1: That's how good your podcast is is we listen to it even though you're British and.
Speaker 5: Love it. I love I love how British I am now.
Speaker 2: And this is the thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah from dek though.
Speaker 2: From God. So many tolls going out to Modesta anyway.
Speaker 5: Including the one on your soul.
Speaker 2: I know Jesus that that toll was like the fucking ghosts from Screwede, like coming to wake up Scrooge.
Speaker 1: Ed.
Speaker 2: We're thrilled to have you here. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're telling listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. There's a couple of tech stories that I want to hit real quick in case Ed has something. I'm springing this on on you, Ed, But I am curious to hear what you think of the four chan leak story.
Speaker 5: I did not see this full chant leak story, like mentioned it to be today.
Speaker 2: I'm like, fuck, okay, yeah, I mean it's not it's.
Speaker 1: Very deniability ed. I get it. I see what you're doing, all right.
Speaker 5: I have the coat of a dog. I could not hack anything.
Speaker 2: This is basically an offshoot of four chan like that got banned. It was so bad, like four Chan band that they planned and executed a complete hack is what it looks like in leak of like all the information of the users and mods. And there are a lot of government dot gov emails in the database of users who sign to speculate that four Chan was like a c I a OP, which I find implausible, but anyways, that.
Speaker 5: Would be the story. Funny.
Speaker 2: I don't have a ton of information on that, but I was curious of you.
Speaker 5: You know, there was a four four media thing, yeah about an op where the FBI ran a money laundering rink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah they did.
Speaker 5: They no, but they they There was a guy called like Elon Musk, like Elon Musk something on.
Speaker 2: There and he was I think he was from ms Bloomberg.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was something like that. It was, but he ran a money laundering thing and they flipped him and they used him. They used him to find it was an insane four media rocks so much. It is an insane story, like the kind of thing that like, it's the kind of thing that people would like accuse the government of doing right, Like it's great. It is crazy what they did and apparently they were successful. I don't really know for a media is great.
Speaker 2: We actually met the people. It's like a small number of people and they're really cool.
Speaker 5: I got absolutely blasted after the awards with oh, you.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, of course you want. I was gonna ask why I didn't see.
Speaker 5: You at the oh because I did not want to go after losing.
Speaker 2: What's louder?
Speaker 1: I'd be like, why the fuck did that guy?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 5: You know I would have I would have gone up to Kevin rus and Casey Newton and said this will be the last award you ever win and then leave, and then they would have been like what what what?
Speaker 2: Open?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be like, you'll find out and then back out, even looking just like flow out the door. That's good.
Speaker 1: I know so little about the four Chance thing. I spelled it f o r c ch An this morning. I saw it and then I was like, I was like, you know what, I do get laid all the chance I've ever loved before.
Speaker 2: I do want to talk about this Elon Musk story. Though it's pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: Him and just stinky goo. I don't like him.
Speaker 2: God, he just wants to fucking from the logo and impregnate the whole world just off. Reaching out to people on x whose posts that he likes and asking to impregnate them is a thing that happens in this article. It's just, you know, it's kind of hard to like, I have a tough time feeling sorry for right wing influencer Ashley Saint Clair, who is like one of the people who had his babies, but like she's the main source in this.
Speaker 5: Episode, works for the Babylon Bord exactly. So you've got that's very funny, you do so she's good in comedy?
Speaker 1: O god, yeah's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the jokes between these people.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the comedy in that room would.
Speaker 5: Just like it's illegal brain two brain cells bouncing off of each other at high speed? What if what if it was he them? But it was also but it was also a network. But she's like ha ha ha, like just joyless.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, she's the writer. Okay, let's not take that from women.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is brilliant.
Speaker 5: Definitely, he definitely was like, can you feed them some ideas.
Speaker 2: From a weird sci fi dystopian perspective. It's really a fascinating read.
Speaker 5: It's fascinating because they completely accept all of the things that Elon thinks without just positing that perhaps he's just a disgusting horny of because that that makes way more sense, Like, oh, yes, I'm trying to populate masks. It's like, fucking know, it's not that at all. It's he wants to use his power and money to fuck woman like he is he is.
Speaker 2: He also just sends them a sperm in some cases, which is interesting to me.
Speaker 1: That's why did you say interesting way of delivery?
Speaker 5: Well, because one of the things that responds with people people interesting, concerning.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and then cry laughing emoji. I those are his three modes. I I think it's interesting because, yes, the the thing that would make sense is that he's just trying to fuck as many people as he possibly can. But the fact that he is going about it in a workman like like he's just doing the paperwork.
Speaker 1: Of getting like he's also been accused of IVF right like in order.
Speaker 2: To accused of IVF.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you arrested right.
Speaker 5: In Texas.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there's a lot of great detail in this Abouttle, in this article about all this that I want to get to.
Speaker 5: What's crazy as he has like five million children now whatever, you never hear about him fucking right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this article actually has the first instance that I've heard of about.
Speaker 5: Wait did I miss so?
Speaker 1: And I'm absolutely not going.
Speaker 2: To try Actually, yeah, they just grab it in great details.
Speaker 5: Musk winked like a pig, and they said, winkin pinin. I'm Elon Musk. Wink has.
Speaker 1: Kind has old gas is really awful, And I would be saying very often.
Speaker 2: Now I do know somebody Paths who is like dating a billionaire cross paths with Elon Musk. Like Elon Musk was staying at this like rich guy's house and they were coming home to the house and rang the doorbell and like Elon Musk came to the door in a towel and oh god, sorry, I was too busy fucking to the yeah to the young woman who is dated.
Speaker 5: Definitely, Yeah, yeah, exactly like he was definitely playing he was.
Speaker 1: The person who was playing Path of Exile sucking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he was just signaling the guy it's like, you also have sex.
Speaker 1: What's your rank? Like, what's your rank? Looking like right now? You trying to open the to the glitterists. You can't get it open.
Speaker 5: Some Russian guys being like I have plenty of six Okay, Yeah, it's just like trying to explain sex. Three long Moscow a signal.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about that. We'll also talk about Patrick Bateman because it is the twenty fifth anniversary of the American Psycho, and all context has been like what happened to Gordon get go with the like greed is good, becoming a thing that people are like that he was right, and that's that's a that's my role model. Has happened to Patrick somehow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's well, he's part of the greater joke of us.
Speaker 1: So the street guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the wolf of mister Wolf of Wall Street from Wolf of Wall Street, Joker, the peak mister Peaky Blinder from Peaky Blinders, right, all sorts of jokers. Well, he is one of them, but also what's his name, I'm Tom Hardy. Oh yeah, they the Peaky Blinders fellas that they love them because for a while I used to collect like miss like very poorly translated joker memes like terrible English and stuff like. I just I have hundreds of them in a folder like people have like pornography and gross stuff. I'm just like, hey, check this out, and it's like a joker.
Speaker 1: Picture, arguably worse.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like this, Like I'd be more likely to scare away a woman with the Instagram things, but with those, there is like this weird branch of like guys all saying the same quotes like enjoy being alone. It's a superpower and ship like that. It's hilarious. But the Patrick Bateman's those have been there for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, it's fully gone, like all the context is just.
Speaker 5: Oh god, yeah yeah. I messaged one of them. No, I messaged one of them, one of the Jokamine accounts because they like to call I had this theory for a while that they well, many of the accounts are called mister Villain, and I was trying to I did like a full investigation to find out if Indian guys thought that that's what the Joker was called, mister villain. And I was never able because I had one guy who was like, that's mister villain. I'm like, really, do you really think that? He didn't respond. Another one said, oh, it's joker right, kind of a kind of like a child correcting you, Like, let me just.
Speaker 1: Message my maga cousins, right.
Speaker 5: Burning skeletons as well. They love the skeleton ones. I mean, god damn, just burning skeletons. It's the same quotes across all of them. Sick, like you'll be like a big, a big skeleton burning.
Speaker 2: Is based.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, it's so strange and I don't look at them anymore because I used to post them and I like had fun with it, and then people just got racist, and I was like, Okay, I'm laughing at this because they're trying to be profound and they made a type out not because of them not knowing English, Like this isn't fun.
Speaker 1: I love the joker racism actually, and then the time really threw me off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do it for pure reasons. And now I put this energy into the tech industry.
Speaker 2: When you talked about the fact you collecting poorly translated joker memes. I like pictured that wing in Bruce Wayne's mansion, like where he has like all the ancient Yeah, like you have a wing of your mansion. That's just poorly translated joker means anyways, Uh, let's let's actually take a quick break. We're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna come back and get to know you a little bit better at and uh get into Elon Musk's weird procreational habits.
Speaker 3: Will be good right back, and we're back and ed.
Speaker 2: We do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 5: So Robs, it's lyrics rob Sonic meaning so I've been listen lyrics so meaning yes, so Rob Sonic is an excellent rapper. However, I've been listening to him a lot, and I sent to my mate Casey. I'm like, oh, what do you think of this? He goes the lyrics are nonsense? And they are, And the first result is a Reddit post being like do these mean anything? And people being like, I don't think so, and it's like the phrases mean stuff, but together they do not. So it was like reading that and being like, am I stupid. Am I just like, am I is this like coca melon for like white boys? Like like what is? And I still listen to it? Rob Sonic boy, I love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not familiar with rob Sonic, but have you gone to Genius and like watch people try to ascribe meaning.
Speaker 5: To entirely people just being like this one phrase means this, and this one phrase means this.
Speaker 2: Literally, this is what it means.
Speaker 5: Yes, like this is it? I respect it because it's so fun to listen to. And I found him through acep Rock, who is an excellent ex rapper and.
Speaker 2: Of like fun word play that would that is fun to look at on rap Genius.
Speaker 5: And one of their best one of the best rob Sonic songs is kill Joy, which has acep Rock on it. I cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll check that out. What is something that you think is underrated?
Speaker 5: So about two weeks ago, I had like a minor breakdown. It's like I was just like cold, a friend crying like it's the normal way.
Speaker 2: And more friends crying, by the way, that's underrated.
Speaker 1: They that's the only way I call friends.
Speaker 5: My wonderful, beautiful friends were very much there for me. But I was like, I hit burnout, and one of my anti burnout measures because I found myself just like forcing myself to like listen to music with how I felt, just like reinforce the feeling. So I've been listening to albums through the whole way. That's my underrate.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 5: I think people really need to like sit down and say, I'm gonna listen to this thing front to back and like see what a thing I've done it mostly successfully. Like I've listened to a few like Inflames clay Man Robsonics album I can't remember the name of. You can't remember the name because none of the it's all nonsense. So it's like, how would I possibly append meaning LPs I'll Sleep when You're Dead, absolute banger, incredible. Then I listened to the Blur's Great Escape, and that album does not hold up at all. There was there's like four or five really great songs and a lot of stuff where you're just like, oh, I didn't listen to this album through.
Speaker 2: You know what for a reason I just had I'm actually not going to say that that would have just destroyed my mentions for the rest of my life. But there's a say it so for a lot of time. Kend Lamar's Good Kid, Mad City. It has the highest highs, has the highest highs of Kendrick's albums. But I just went back and listened to it all the way through, and there are some dead spots that I had totally.
Speaker 1: I'm going to burn down your house. I'm going to burn your house down.
Speaker 5: There're just a.
Speaker 2: Couple of dead spots that I totally reatten out of my memory. I do. I have one album that I just consistently listened to all the way through and it gets better and better every time, which is Blonde by Frank osh Not. I can't stop.
Speaker 5: Its great album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Are you mental?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 5: Wrong in my case, no one album I will recommend that. I don't think anyone else will have mentioned. But if you like jazz, Charles Mingus is Black Saint and The Sinner Lady is one of my top three albums of old time. And I have not sat down and listened to that all the way through in like twelve years, and I was like brought to tears by. It's fucking incredible. But yeah, this has been like a I've really been avoiding doing it for no good reason, just like listening to music to poke my brain to feel better rather than enjoying it. And it's just been it's been lovely, been really enjoyable.
Speaker 2: We just had yesterday's guest, Jody Averergan, who is like releases a new podcast every week, like a new like entire different podcast every week. Has a new show called Winter Album Summer Album, which is long you go through and talk about albums and from that perspective you like categorize them, which I thought was kind of a fun way to think about stuff. But we're an album podcast these past couple of days talking a lot about albums. I agree with this though, that this is a yeah, I'm a dork though, Like, yeah, you have.
Speaker 1: You read Questlove's Momenta Blues.
Speaker 2: No, I've heard.
Speaker 1: It's like it's so good and it's like an autobiography kind of and it talks about like from when he was like a toddler on but like every chapter is interspersed with like letters to and from the roots manager and then also with all of his recommendations of albums from that year, so like from when he was like four or five, like the albums he would recommend from that year and why like how they're ranked. So like every year of his life, he has albums recommendations.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, somebody asked the list of those online somewhere ed, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: I feel like I might have said this before. I'll say again in alt Berger fucking sucks, give a ship.
Speaker 1: I hate La Kendrick in and out Burger.
Speaker 5: Also, one of the albums I listened through fully lost week was GNX It's fucking brilliance G.
Speaker 2: So this is what I was saying is basically, you are me too.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be on and I'm going to Kendrick.
Speaker 5: I'm going to Kendrick. But I've got like seats as well. So when we sitting the set there with my arms followed up lovely tapping.
Speaker 2: Saying like good Kid, Mad City. Compared to the more recent Kendrick albums that I've been listening to more consistently, I was just like, this might not be my number one Kendrick Albuman, Okay.
Speaker 1: You hate black people.
Speaker 2: What you're saying basically what I'm saying pure.
Speaker 1: The White Supremacist podcast right now, is that what you're saying, basically I'm saying it's mad. Did I just hear you say that.
Speaker 2: He's mid? I think Kelly rolling the better.
Speaker 5: Actually the other day I drump. Everything's horrifying right now, But I will admit I loved really hard at be I was like crying, but I was like, oh god, the only thing, yes.
Speaker 2: Matto, the best fucking soundboard, Like just if that guy could just be a soundboard, you know.
Speaker 5: He was just like a an access Hollywood reporter, right, Oh my god, can you imagine that, just like a giant? Was the fella from Saturday Light Live made that joke because on like a talk show he was like, got the cooks? James Johnson, Yes, exactly, he is so good.
Speaker 1: He saw I was doing open mics with him and then he went to assenal with Trump.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have you seen the so when Trump was running for president the first time, I was at cracked and Cody Johnson was obsessed with Like Donald Trump had a YouTube account that was that was just full of videos with about like three hundred views per video of him just going direct to camera from his office in Trump Tower just being like Rabbit Pattinson, you gotta dump. Oh yeah, dwe it too, right, But it was just it was like wildly unpopular, and it was just him like popping off with his pop call sure Takes, which is like all he wants to do, Like we failed that man. If it's literally his like Hitler getting rejected from our school was like this failed YouTube. There were thousands of videos over the course of like years that had no views. Like, and he's one of the most famous people in the world already. He just sucked at being a YouTube person, like a YouTube entertainment. Yeah, exactly. It's so wild that, like he this person who everyone's like, he's just got great instincts for what he couldn't even launch a YouTube channel.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would have it's a hard gossip show from him, Like that would have been grinding.
Speaker 1: I would have soldthing him and Wendy Williams if they had a podcast together. I would lose my mind.
Speaker 5: One of his best tweets was the sissy Graydon Carta one. He's oscar I need to find this one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was so Graydon Carter the former editor in chief of Fair and like kind of New York it guy. He's like he doesn't gets dinner with Lorne Michaels all the time like that sort of like New York.
Speaker 5: I'm going to read this out, sissy, Graydon Car to a failing vanity Fair magazine and an owner of bad food restaurants has a problem restaurants bad food. His VF Oscar party is no longer hot, and hot is in quotation marks, and it's an incredible post. I think, yeah, yeah, he was just being fucking devastating.
Speaker 1: Rights so saucy.
Speaker 2: He's so he just was just so trans just like so transparently willing to just be obviously like mad at these people like this was I think the night that the Oscars were said something mean about him, and then he comes back and is like this party that I could never get invited to is lame.
Speaker 5: Like that's the thing that would offend Graydon Carter, right, Graydon Carter, the idea that the Oscar party was not hot would actually be the kind of thing that would offend a socialite rather than any other insult. Right, So that's the kind of thing that hurts. And I think that his appeal is partly that he's so obviously embittered about every single person who's been routine ever and he's so catty and childish about it. Yeah, that appeals to a great many right wing people. He's true, they just usually keep it a family care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. All right, we're not even gonna get to your in and out takes. The in and out. I don't know if you've said it before. I will say that, Oh my god, it has.
Speaker 5: An adorable cat on avoid the in and out takes.
Speaker 2: It is the number one probably overrated that we've had on this podcast with people.
Speaker 5: I'm so. I just had it again recently and it was just so underwhelmed.
Speaker 2: It's underwhelming unless like, the thing that I think is great about it is the price. Like it's a good price for what it is. It's okay, you get it for the same price as a McDonald's hamburger and it has like fresh lettuce and tomatoes on it, and like the so.
Speaker 5: But I also don't get McDonald's because it's fresh, right, I gotta be I.
Speaker 1: Gotta be honest. I don't eat in and Out because I'm vegan, but I do have anger towards you not liking it because of la I'm just like, nobody should eat meat. But also, fuck you, look at the little ads on the lines. Are you gonna be I.
Speaker 5: Might have mine, who's an LA journalist as well. I posted about going to a restaurant or Hamburg or America in New York could be shocked. Really so Hamburg is there, and he got so angry at me for saying it was one of the best burgers. He was like, no, you're gonna come to LA. You gonna and he listed me all of these different food restaurants.
Speaker 2: So I'd never heard of restaurant foodt I was a very bad food restaurant. Yeah, Hamburger America is not good enough.
Speaker 1: Hamburger America sounds like something another country would make make or like something Trump would be like, we won't take disrespect were Hamburger America.
Speaker 2: He's eating a Hamburger America. Total fucking mafia shell.
Speaker 5: That's what he thinks that McDonald's is called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's like Cogan. Hamburger America like just feels.
Speaker 5: That's George Mott's though he's cool. Yeah, I like Hamburger America.
Speaker 2: Nice. All right, listen, hey, speaking of American things more American than apple pie. Patrick Bateman, the American psycho himself, folks.
Speaker 5: He's just.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty fifth anniversary of American Psycho.
Speaker 1: It' that's how I measure all time. Actually, I'm like, how long has it tied?
Speaker 2: It's twenty five ap twenty five years after American Psycho. But yeah, so apparently it was a movie and a book before it was a creepy in cell meme generator. And I've read the book.
Speaker 3: It's all.
Speaker 2: I've watched the movie. It's all very transparently satire, but it's it's being embraced by actual Wall Street bros by a lot of in cells online, despite the fact that Christian Bale is very clearly making fun of them.
Speaker 1: It is like when Colbert like he was popular with Republicans and Democrats. You know, it's like people are just dumb, dude, people are so dumb.
Speaker 5: I will say American Psycho. I watched it. I did not know it was the satire. I just thought it was like a thrill over a man was horrible, right, It's like the same thing happened with Neon Genesis Evangelia And I watched it when I was a teenager, and I didn't that shows apparently about depression or something. I was like, damn, these robots are fucking cool. I'm like, I'm like this is so cool, this weird Tolkien ship. I'm just gonna choose to ignore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe rob Sonic does have legitimate lyrics. You just don't just really, I'm just like I lack like some moving images and sound.
Speaker 5: I have a cognitive issue where I just can't understand.
Speaker 1: Bro go to a doctor or something happening.
Speaker 5: I remember watching American Soccer's be like, oh that was horrible. Yeah, that was wow. He hurt that guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know enough about.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't know enough about Like I was too young when I watched it. I'm so young and be beautiful and like, I didn't know exactly what it was like back then. But looking back on it, you're very much like, either this is satire or this is like not a good guy, not someone you aspire to be. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I definitely come out of it being like he's like me for real, We're.
Speaker 2: Just My life's like a movie and that movie is American.
Speaker 5: Like my life a movie. Oh, brother, were aren't though one thing.
Speaker 2: That I had like I hadn't. I haven't seen the movie in a long time, but I now I'm recalling that like a big like the book will spend an entire chapter like writing rapturously about like a genesis and like their latest like pop album and who like go into deep detail about his like facial routine, like his you know, skincare routine, which is now like so it to like re experience that part of the satire and it's like now gone so mainstream. Like he he wakes up, he does a thousand crunches, He does like a one hour long, nine step skincare routine, and like.
Speaker 5: I feel like, now come across in the movie, I feel like that's just.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's like Ashton Hall that video of.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah exactly, it's just what what like influencer like man o sphere culture is murder a bit, right, So you actually have to wake up at three am.
Speaker 1: One you have to wake up at three am and drink water that costs eight dollars.
Speaker 5: A bottle and handed to you by a person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a person, somebody.
Speaker 1: We're gonna need at least ten thousand of the thank you.
Speaker 5: But it sounds like the book does a much better job of explaining how much of a ridiculous character he is. And I don't remember the movie doing that, Like it had very like a pretty I think.
Speaker 2: It would be worth re watching because it's pretty I had the exact same experience when I was younger, and I was like, wait, I don't like this guy, but it's about him. This sucks, And I was.
Speaker 5: I'm British, I'm very much used to not liking anything like the characters, right, so it's very much like I was very like, oh an anti hero, like this is a right, yeah, this is like like this is I can understand that this guy is a bad guy, but he's the main guy.
Speaker 1: And the thing Americans see a character they're like rich, good guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah probably really, I really think they have a tough time. We have a tough time disconnecting like financial success from worth, like we just have to be like that's who I want to be. And he does have nice shit, and he does look like objectively as he does have sex, but like while he's having sex, he's like looking at himself in the mirror and like so he has self respect, so he looks sick. I had so the cool in quotes. Kids at my college were lacrosse players, and I always was like they just had this cartoon image of them as just being these like psycho bro like weirdos. And then like one time my senior year, I happened to like get drunk with one of them and like go hang out with them afterwards, and they put on American Psycho and just start and just started talking about how cool Patrick Bateman was.
Speaker 5: I'm like, wow, you.
Speaker 2: Guys are actually the thing. You're the thing that I.
Speaker 5: I really I love. I was hoping they weren't that many people who truly.
Speaker 2: Believe this, but this was a long time ago.
Speaker 3: This is a skill.
Speaker 1: I mean, like the number of like in cel dudes, you know, or the number of people that were worried about in gen z. You know, it's just getting worse with these alpha male influencers. So it makes sense that they would take these characters.
Speaker 2: Not all.
Speaker 1: It's a combination of everyone. I mean, he's not helping, but also like the like the Matrix thing, like getting red pilled, right, and like how the people who made the matrix were like, this is not what we intended.
Speaker 5: All I love it because the red pill red pill thing is like did they stop watching the movie when he took it?
Speaker 2: They're like, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Switched to my favorite romantic comedy Americans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then he became Patrick Bateman and that he is also the matrix and three equilibrium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now there's a movie equilibrium.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, gun gosh, but you've never sai.
Speaker 2: Oh I've got shit out of that one man.
Speaker 3: I said that movie.
Speaker 5: That's it's so dumb. It goes like it's like a dumb.
Speaker 2: Guy version of nineteen eighty four. Like they I think they read the cliff notes of nineteen eighty four, right, they didn't actually read nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 5: What if we had no emotions?
Speaker 1: But if we watched it now, it would still be better than like a lot of movies.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is actually kind of an esthetically interesting movie, but the po is basically like what if we had what if we didn't? If we all didn't have emotions, but then the guy kind of did, and yeah if he also did gun kung fu?
Speaker 2: What if guy did? So the whole thing is the best way to actually fight someone is not pointing a gun at them and shooting them with the gun. It's actually doing kung fu with a gun.
Speaker 1: So you have to lay yeah, yeah, yeah, so yeah that's the Batman method. Okay, we if we love like you like punch your you're like doing the moves with a gun, the gun in your hand.
Speaker 2: You have the gun in your hands, so it's moving around in weird directions. Don't kill people, people kill people, kill people? Is that the name of the is?
Speaker 5: It's actually.
Speaker 2: And it's wow. So that's funny.
Speaker 5: Imagining a fictional time when all the men in the world are heavily repressing their emotions leading to great violence. I don't know what would that be like, that's right, yeah, but you'll never know.
Speaker 2: I guess everybody be wearing weird turtlenecks and doing gun kotta because I can't imagine it happening.
Speaker 3: In our world.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you're really selling the movie for me. It is like the part of me that loves Fight Club is like really into what you're pitching right now.
Speaker 2: But I've seen it when I was nine years old. It would have changed the trajectory of my life.
Speaker 1: You would have been getting drunk with them freshmen watching American Psycho.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break, and when we come back, we will get into Elon Musk's weird repopulate attempts to repopulate the earth. We'll be right back, and we're back, and we're back and so I think we're all aware that Elon Musk has like too many children with lots of different people.
Speaker 1: Just give me three more children. I just need three more. Come on, if I get three more, I won't take over the world, I promise so.
Speaker 2: Right now, he has fourteen children that we know of, and this article says multiple sources close to the Tech Entrepreneur said they believe the true number of Musk's children is much higher than is publicly known. So fourteen is the very low end estimate. And like he by with Musk child, I would not go on a first date without getting to know tested.
Speaker 1: He's so scared.
Speaker 2: He's just they're all Elon Musk's children, or we're all we I find out I'm somehow Elon Musk's child. Yeah, he he has Genghis Khan numbers in his eyes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he is like Genghis Khan, except he doesn't. Really. The only way he takes over things is like by just throwing money at them versus being strong in any way.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, exactly. It's the It is the equivalent of being strong now is being a billionaire who.
Speaker 5: Even if he has tripled the amount of kids, that's the drop in the bucket to the amounts.
Speaker 1: Cons don't give him any ideas about buckets. Okay, that's next on his list of how to approach this sperm by mail, sperm and buckets.
Speaker 2: I do just want to talk about that though, because so his whole pitch here that this article kind of takes at face value is uh. I'll just so this article is partially an interview with actually Saint Clair, who is the right wing influencer who he started dating, got pregnant and then immediately was like, I don't even know if that's my kid, and like, you can't say it's my kid, and she was like, what are you talking about? You specifically like said I want to make you pregnant. Got the exactly, Like just so obvious. It also like introduces this new character who's like Elon Musk's like bag Man, Like Elon Musk's Michael. Yeah, he's a Mormon guy.
Speaker 3: What's in.
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 2: But all right, so I just want to read some of these segments from this Wall Street Journal article. Musk's baby making project is relevant to his ambition for NASA, which he wants to move faster to go to Mars. He said on X that making people multiplanetary is critical to ensuring the long term survival of humanity in all life as we know it. In Musk's dark view of the world, civilization is under threat because of a declining population. He is driven to correct the historic moment by helping seed the earth with more human beings. When according to people print familiar with the matter, Musk refers to his offspring as a legion, a reference to the ancient military units that could contain thousands of soldiers and were key to extending the reach of the Roman Empire. So just get an awfully eugenicsy up in.
Speaker 5: Why legitimize any of this nonsense? Why not just say elon Musk claims this and then just be like, this doesn't make any they do, This doesn't match how legions are built. But go to like a Roman note.
Speaker 1: On Twitter because they were why guying to him?
Speaker 5: But the thing is, you could the way to running a p off on myself knowing a lot about the media. The way to I do this would call a Roman Empire expert, call one to be like, is this resembling any kind of legion? And just sit there and break that instead of just like printing exactly what he thinks and trying to romanticize his horny bullshit instead of like just being like this weird guy with a lot of money loves getting random woman impregnated, and it's definitely how you say that, Aluminium, and like he just does this and then has weird this weird Mormon guy, which they kind of get into, but they just they legitimize it. They act as if this is a rational thing versus describing. If you described a random guy, you knew it's like, yeah, my buddy Steve, he has fifteen children, He's got a lot of money, though, but he says he's doing it because it's like the Roman Empire. You'd be like, this Steve guy sounds insane, But because it's Elon Musk, who sounds insane already, you're like, yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the idea of like journalism is not hearing someone say it's raining outside and printing that it's looking out the window and determinate if it's actually raining or not exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just later on articles that. Speaking to an audience at an investment conference in Saudi Arabia last year, Musk laid out the urgency of the matter. I think for most countries, they should view the birth rate as the single biggest problem they need to solve. If you don't make new humans, there's no humanity and all the policies in the world don't matter. So I just want to Definitely, the big unspoken thing in this article is that the global population is going up and continues to go. Like this idea that we're running out of humans is just a white supremacist trope with they and also what we meant to do with all the fucking kids.
Speaker 5: You've shut down every social service right.
Speaker 1: Also, you're fucking killing Palestinian kids. You're assisting in that, and that's okay because he said most of the countries, so he probably doesn't acknowledge them as a country or like the people. It's so infuriating to watch this shit. I like, it makes me so mad when people talk about like it's in a similar vein of like religious fanaticism about like saving people beyond like people who go to like remote islands to try to convert tribes.
Speaker 2: And like actually bring so much better than this.
Speaker 1: Actually, I know it's like on a large its just it's the arrogance and the egos, like I'm better than that it's so strict.
Speaker 5: I don't think he believes any of this. I don't think he's fucking having like trying to have sex with woman on Twitter and impregnating them because he believes he's repopulating the world's once the slingiest goo using his power and status. Woman accept it because it gives them financial stability.
Speaker 1: I keep hearing you say woman.
Speaker 5: Or I mean it's referring to the woman who are being impregnated.
Speaker 1: I know, I just I just was hearing it instead of like women.
Speaker 2: Woman have sex with woman, man have sex with woman.
Speaker 5: But it's this, This is something you see with all of these tech fuck wits where it's you take them and you say, oh, the reason they're doing it is the is the they want to do Roman Empire legian ship, and that is a big there's a big rational thing. Instead of saying, we have multiple different people who are billionaires who say insane stuff and we accept it on face value. Instead of saying, this guy who has all of this power is acting insanely erratically. He has money, He has money. Patrick pap published towards the end of last year his who Ketamine thing. I don't know if we ever tried having two thoughts at the same fucking time. I can't do it. That's why I listened to Rob Sonic. But the thing is, it's it's just infuriating because when you actually read the things they're saying and listen to the rationalizations, they are completely irrational. Completely You had a regular person say these things to you, you would say you are actually I'm concerned about you. If a regular these are right wing talking points. But I don't even think he's that new. I think he's just like things like I would love to have him. It's a power thing, it's a dominance thing. He's just doing it to oah. And the rest of the story you can kind of see with how Ashley sent Claire was treated, that he starts using money and starts reducing the amount of money that she would get from him for his fucking child, Yeah, because she won't sign an NDA, And it's like, it's not about the kids, it's not about the impregnation. It's about power, dominance and control and to show that he can do this. This is a guy doing a very guy thing by dressing it up in the trappings of history and strategy. It's an insult to the intelligence of the reader, but I guess maybe not with the amount of fucking people that believe this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I do just want to like emphasize the global population is going to keep increasing until mid twenty eighties, the only.
Speaker 1: Which climate change will take it out.
Speaker 2: When he talks like according, yeah this this is according to the UN, but it's probably not taking into account how many people are going to die from climate change caused by people like Elon Musk. But when you are talking about whenever somebody talks about the population like a population decline problem, they are like talking eugenics because that the population is going up in Africa and India, like just am we like it's going down in white skinned countries. That's all they're talking about. That it's ugenics. That that is essentially I like to sing eugenics like by men.
Speaker 5: And no eugenics.
Speaker 2: It's it's fucking wild and it's coherent. I think it's pretty coherent though. I think it's I think it's just like he like when it's a different like it's coherent in the sense that the Nazi ideology was going when you take his Nazi salute, the fact that he's really worried about pot elation decline when the only thing that's declining is like the population in some countries, like with white people, like and the fact that he, like I just feel like we're not far from him suggesting sterilizing people.
Speaker 1: From like a you know, like I wouldn't be surprised if he's already working on it, Like I would not.
Speaker 2: Like it feels just so straightforward that this is just what.
Speaker 5: It is, Yeah, which is kind of why I think dressing it up in the trappings of strategy is so insulting, because it's like, if you just describe it as what he is saying lines up with this, this, this, and this, that's an honest three. But when you start talking about it, you start taking his ideas at face value, right, it doesn't make sense. Like the reason I mentioned the Roman Empire thing is not just to be a dick, it's you know, what you're going to do a legion? What is a legion? How is a legion structured? What is the purpose of the Romans had war strategy? Why did a legion exist? What was the alternative to allegian? Different things? Because a legion would are they even a colonizing entity? I'm just I'm being patantic because this is the shit he pretends he knows, but he very fucking clearly doesn't. They're all like this oldman Amada, all of these assholes.
Speaker 1: But that's like what right wing logic is. Like if you look at even like from a financial perspective, which I hate doing because humanity, But if you look at things from like a compassionate perspective of like human empathy, it lines up with like what's best for the economy with what's best for like financial stability across the board. But because people don't want to do that, you know, like people in these upper classes would rather just like bleed dry everyone and not care about the longevity of their generations coming up, or anybody's or the earth. They don't give a fuck about logic, like, so they have to work their way around it and pitch it the way that they want to. But if you like take care of like unhoused people, it's less on the healthcare system for them to go to the emergency room like a bunch of times, you know what I mean, Like it all lines up legion right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And also legions apparently have legionaries, so there's ten cohorts. I like the real thing to be, like, mister Musk, do you have a cohort? Are you building a cohort right now? What's the plant? Seriously? I know it sounds ridiculous. These guys have never been faced with questions like this, like just basic questions about anything.
Speaker 1: They say it's his good guy obsessed with the Roman Empire versus bad guy thinking about every man is thinking about the Roman Empire.
Speaker 5: I'm not. This is the first time I've thought about the Roman Empire since the last time someone brought up that literal point because someone asked Jensen Huangavian video out on stage, and I must say, that's a fucking stupid question. You should never ask a person that.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 5: It's so stupid that these fucking see I'm just doing a random fucking podcast, aren't I But it's just like no one ever asked them actual real questions to help stop.
Speaker 2: One of that, because he actually comes out and says it here separately, Musk has said he is concerned about what he called third world countries having higher birth rates from the US and Europe. Person familiar with the conversations that one of the most important ways to change these dynamics he has repeatedly told people close to him, is for educated people to have more children. Like, that's so evil. Education isn't hereditary, you absolute fucking gool, It's just a matter of opportunity. And by concentrating global wealth in the hands of like you and a bunch of like emotionally destroyed sperm babies that you like gave birth to and then abandoned and like tied their moms up in like fucking legal in like court cases, Like you're taking away money you could be donating to help millions and billions of people who already exist get more educated. But he doesn't, like, he doesn't believe they're capable.
Speaker 1: He's just even in his mind though that lot even if that's what he actually believes, that education is the most important thing. Palestinians are like one of the most educated groups of all time because of like their their attempt to survive, So like him not lending humanity to them already inherently undermines his point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but he doesn't really see them as.
Speaker 1: Human exactly, That's what I'm saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's also interesting that he's like so like he I do just have to Musk offered his sperm to Zillis and the two have four young children together. So this is this is not somebody. This is just somebody. Would you like he's just pulling up from down from long distance and impregnated, you know, just like through the mail. He's impregnanting these people like Kobe, Yeah, exactly with the wrist. But he he talks about like how this is all about his project and to your point at about him being like, you know, this is all me just like trying to like create the smartest fucking babies in the world. He also just like will hit people up on X like he This is a direct quote from this Wall Street Journal article. Well must post sometimes dozens of times a day on X about right wing politics or his companies, among other things on his mind. He often interacts with lesser known users. He replies to them and sometimes interacts through direct messages, some of whom he eventually solicits to have his babies. According to people who have.
Speaker 1: Viewed, most fuck boys are like you up. He's like you, Nazi.
Speaker 2: Follows you, Nazi, eugenics you ovulating the three elon Musk questions what's great?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 5: Is Well not great? Probably the opposite is I imagine it's not great just hearing from him in these like because he's already proven he will just fucking destroy people. So it's like the comeie of soar on upon you, Like like if you're an attractive woman and he damns you, you know that this ends with like his nasty go being brought up at some point you and if you say no, I imagine, and he will have a perfectly rational and calm response. But like if but he will be to destroy you. So if you say yes, he will.
Speaker 2: If you say yes, there first of all, he there's a chance that once you're pregnant, he'll be like, sorry, ain't mine, and then you have to Like that's what happened with Saint Clair. She had to get a praternity test after he was like I want to get you pregnant, like we're gonna build a legion of babies. And then once she was pregnant, he was like, not sure it's mine, So she had to get an eternity test. It did say it was his. But then so you say yes, there's all these like legally binding weird things that happened to you, and then he tries to move you down to a compound with his other baby. Mama is in Waco or in. Sorry it's not Waco, it's Austin, but it might as well be.
Speaker 1: D's a sex cult.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Birchall, So this is from the article I do just want to so Birchall is the name of the Mormon dude who is like his Michael Clayton fixer kills people, probably for him. Allegedly. I just made that up. Don't sue me. Birchall was involved in acquiring the property for a compound in Austin, where Musk imagine the women and his growing number of babies would all live among multiple residences. According to a person familiar with the matter, he has involved in other property deals across most different businesses. Zillis lives in the gated community with their children, and Musk comes and goes. Musk also attempted to get Grimes to move to the compound, but she refused. Similarly, he tried to get Saint Clair to spend some time in Austin with our kid legion in quotes. According to a text he sent her, Birchall sat on on the December call with Saint Clair. The nbas are necessary. We have been through way too too many issues where to not sign some agreement associated with handing over fifteen plus million dollars is absolutely insane and responsible. Blah bla blah. He added that his boss cannot allow people to just go and share his life information. He's the biggest lightning rod on the entire planet. When Birchall told Saint Clair that other mothers signed similarly secrecy agreements, she observed that they didn't seem happy. Zillis, Birchill said, goes in and out of finding contentment, but Grimes wasn't ever going to find true happiness, just the whole You all move on to a compound, and then I criticize your ability to find contentment. Is it's real, like Guru shit, it's real, like yeah, I feel like you give a man too much power. And this is where it always fucking ends, is them on a compound. It's almost the harem of women where he's like trying to impose his spiritual beliefs on them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've never been more grateful to be not white than I.
Speaker 5: It's just shiv On Zillas is kind of an interesting character because she was at Neuralink and she's just kind of like, yeah, fuck it, show how Donna need you want? Yeah, yeah, fuck it. Yeah I'll be that, I'll meet the PM of India.
Speaker 2: That was meant she's in the picture with Mody and therefore can On.
Speaker 5: Some level, I'm sure it's terrifying and she's drapped and it's horrible, But on some level, I bet she's just like, fuck it, I'm set for life. Nothing will happen to me.
Speaker 1: I I mean I worry about the kids, like children, for the.
Speaker 5: Kids even more normal than any child has ever been.
Speaker 1: Well. Vivian, his daughter, who's trans and who's been like estranged from him, is like really fucking smart and really cool. Uh at like twenty, which is so nuts. So like, if if she can get away from like that whole scene, then I hope that, like his other kids will not just grow up to be evil. I mean, he's not giving them the money to be an evil overlord, so maybe they'll avoid it. You know.
Speaker 5: I also don't think, well, because he doesn't appear to have introspection of any kind. I don't think he realizes that a lot of these children will grow up and read these articles and be like, Wow, my father is cool.
Speaker 1: Well, he'll be on.
Speaker 5: Markw Oh cool. Yeah, he's like Patrick Babe on my other hero. Like, what the fuck? What do you mean mi that? How many brothers and sisters do I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, that's what I mean. Yeah. They interview some of his current like kind of adult you know, over eighteen children and they're like, yeah, I have no idea how many like half brothers have sisters? They have and it's weird, weird, weird world. They don't seem to love them, but I'm sure, like it'll be good once he has total control over them.
Speaker 1: Do you remember that article that came out when he like got divorced and then I think got with Brian or somebody. Yeah, like it was it. I think yeah, because it was his ex wife being like this typical billionaire bullshit and like standing up for herself and stuff, and it feels like that being married to her, which I'm I don't know her politics or anything like that, but I'm like, you know, those guys like are married to women and then they get divorced and all they're weird comes out like the women were the only things holding back. They're like together, damn lading it back from the rest of the workouts. That's what it feels like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I imagine the no amount of divorce or marriage could have stopped his weird coming out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I it's just the entire worldview is that the world needs more people like him, the people who are destroying the planet as we speak, and fewer of every other type of person. And it does feel like he's going to invest money to continue to try and make that happen. So it's which it is wild. Yeah, No, it's truly like, I don't know. This article was kind of even though it takes a lot for me to be there's no like one detail that I was like, well I didn't see that coming. But it does just like overall paint a picture that I feel like if I read this ten years ago, I would be able to like believe believe that that's where we are. Very strange stuff.
Speaker 5: I just want to print this and mail it to Kara Swisher and ask her what she was doing up until twenty twenty three personally that this is the kind of thing where everyone who pumped up e La musk. I want to be like, hey, so what do you think of this? How do you not see this coming? I mean half these women didn't see him coming either, just says sends that eugenics.
Speaker 2: Didn't see that one coming.
Speaker 3: That one be.
Speaker 5: Ed Bet. It's quick.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 5: I love. I genuinely look forward to this every time. I love It's the absolute best.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Follow you, vote for you? All that good stuff?
Speaker 5: Got a better offline dot com. Don't know if I'm winning the Webbees, but I'm trying. I think Scott Galloway has done an election fraud and I will be doing some January sixth, shit, if I don't win, this is going to be a stop the steer.
Speaker 2: You are in second right now, just to put people so, I'm just going to ask us shout out my conger, weird little guy winning in the first place right now, and but still go vote for Mali. But Ed is in second. It's within striking distance.
Speaker 5: You need to go. And if you don't win, I'm putting out an episode which is just called the Webby Headquarters is at the following address.
Speaker 1: Not really, No, don't give that a reason not to vote.
Speaker 3: Don't give them a reason.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you don't want to do any January sixth shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, is there is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Oh, work of media that I've been enjoying. I've been watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Okay, it's an anime. It's so strange. I know you probably worked that one out. It takes like two and a half seasons to get good, but when it gets going, it's truly amazing. I cannot describe it. It's so strange. You should watch it with the dub. Now, there are anime fans watching listening to this, it will say that's a horrible thing. The dubs are the single worst accents I've heard in my life. I can't stantly. The British people are obviously like American people who have never made.
Speaker 1: I'm so triggered right now because I keep watching movies, TV shows, and like, British people are just out fucking acting every American there and it's so devastating. Yeah, I'm like, oh, I'm watching adolescents right now. They're killing it.
Speaker 5: It's crazy and it's never good watching the British succeed.
Speaker 1: Trust me, well, I think it's because you guys are chameleons from stealing all the cultures.
Speaker 2: Around the.
Speaker 5: Occasionally, like a British person will complain that like an American is stealing something like that. I don't know. I've heard in Americas say bloody recently, and.
Speaker 1: That's because of the Indian side, But that's because of British. Like all the books as a kid were like Enid Blyton and like we had we us have Monopoly, and it was like the British version. And so I'm like fondly looking back on my British memory for my Indian childhood.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I Brittin fucking sucks. I'm so glad I don't live there anymore. Fucking anyway, betrofline dot com you can find a podcast, my newsletter PRFM and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: There you go, Please subscribe Paulay. It's wonderful having you as always.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you? Follow you as their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: I'm at Paulavigan, Allan, p A L L A B I GU and A L A N everywhere. I Am going to be at my show on Friday at the Comedy Store at ten pm Facial Recognition Comedy and also all my Texas heads. I'm coming to fucking Austin. I'm coming. I'm trying to come to Houston. I'm coming to Dallas, tex It's May twenty fifth. I'm headlining Dallas Comedy Club. I need Zeitgang to buy every fucking ticket out there. Please please buy tickets. Tell your Dallas friends to get tickets if I offend them. At least I sold out one time.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: And if you go olive, you will reveal whoso will.
Speaker 1: I'm the only one with to the real files. Yeah, I'm field reporting from the JAFF game.
Speaker 2: I can actually tell you so you can actually do that.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent. The work of media I have been watching and rewatching is Jeff Bezos face planting after they returned to Earth yesterday. Again, it's the karma that you know, we all we all hope for. It's just really good. It's really good to watch.
Speaker 5: Fell Over.
Speaker 2: I fell I've fallen over, Oh fell Over?
Speaker 5: Fuck rich boss that you can't beat gravity? Can you what a love?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack underscorel Brandon on Blue Sky at jack Obi the Number one. I liked this tweet from a guy named Greg at Greg one six six, seven, six nine three five four to two zero who said I was doing laundry today and came up with this idea. I'm wondering why it doesn't already exist. And it's just a washer that goes on top of a dryer and after the washer's done, the clothes just drop into the dryer and then.
Speaker 1: Oh, my fucking it.
Speaker 2: I was like, wait what.
Speaker 3: Wait this is.
Speaker 2: Japan, seeing like exactly like this is Yeah, they'll have had in Japan for ten years before we find out about it. By the way, the toilets in Japan, like that we have these, you know, people are like, oh they're so weird. They're just so much better than everything anything.
Speaker 5: That we have a beautiful Japanese but day, good for you, and it's the best.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that today, Like I was like, do landlords know how much a functioning washer and dryer like improves the lives?
Speaker 5: And then like they do.
Speaker 1: They just don't give.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't give.
Speaker 5: Wait, wait, you you pay them to exist in that, you don't pay like what you expected to do, ship.
Speaker 1: What you're every time we see a landlord, we're just throwing ones at them. We're like, yeah, baby, just living.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, And then I like to tweet from Clara Underscore s Jo, who tweeted computers used to scream out and pain when we connected to the internet. This was a warning and we did not heed it. You can find us on Twitter and Blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram and you can go to the description of this episode wherever you're listening to it and you can find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. With Miles out, we like to ask super producer Justin Connor if there is a song justin that you think people might enjoy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I've been searching for more instrumental music to dj uh and I came across this slowed down version of a track called Yasashi by Casper, but with an X instead of an A. There and it's got this saxophone riff that immediately grabs your attention, but then it has this like bouncy SYNTHI beat behind it. It reminds me of like a video game menu music, but really slowed down like if you had drank a bunch of lean while playing Saga Genesis or something, it's really really cool.
Speaker 2: So this is Yasashi slowed by Casper.
Speaker 5: And you can find that in the footnotes.
Speaker 2: Ooh, just drank a bunch of lean, damn me to play Saga Genesis. Let's eminem songs are on.
Speaker 5: The Mega Drive in England.
Speaker 2: The Daily Zeike is a production by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my Heart Radio, visit the Heart Radio app, Apple Podcast or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zey Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Ba Wang, co
Speaker 5: Produced by Victor Wright, edited and engineered by Justin Conner,