Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Darry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 4: Goes Players Lounge Draft Week players Lines right here on Dallascowboys dot.
Speaker 2: Com Radio in the building. All yeah, baby boys, you're here. Heck Ma Harris, Yes.
Speaker 4: Sir, Barry Church, serve safety. Toledo rocket most likely be a Toledo rocket out of the defensive backfield going in the.
Speaker 2: First hell drag.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what they're saying. See if he gives some money back to this.
Speaker 2: He probably will. You know, he got it. He's gonna have to coming out.
Speaker 4: You know, he's gonna have the bread coming out.
Speaker 2: So you know.
Speaker 4: Right here, queenan Mitchell and the Cowboy Draft guy to seven, Queenyan Mitchell, right here, I get him some more swag, some Toledo number twenty seven. Barry Church is Alma mater, I am new He scrugs.
Speaker 2: Believable, bicking that man.
Speaker 4: Swag Apart Brought to you by Aristocrat gaming.
Speaker 2: Yes, man, how's y'all weekend? It was good for Saturday. That ring was crazy. Yeah, that was that was that was that was ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Who bout belie?
Speaker 2: No, not the weekend for you.
Speaker 4: I hate to see it.
Speaker 2: I hate to see it this. Uh well, I'm just gonna tell you. I went to a wedding reception on Saturday. Off the chain. Oh so your Saturday was smake okay, hating Easby. She's now hating Easby from upstairs. Man, she got married. Congratulations, had a reception and it was it was like that.
Speaker 4: It was off the charts.
Speaker 2: It was glad.
Speaker 4: They did it right.
Speaker 5: They did it right on Saturday, did right, cold as co cold.
Speaker 2: It was like that for really, that's what's up.
Speaker 4: Glad to see y'all had a good Saturday.
Speaker 2: I helped them with the open bar to put the youth. Yeah, everything is good, man.
Speaker 4: I love to see it, man, I love to see it.
Speaker 2: Got a picture with Judge Ryan Hope, you know, yeah, you know from from Beverly Hills Cop and Fast Times, the Richmond Fast Fast Times.
Speaker 5: I've only seen pieces Beverly Hills cop. You know, that's one of my favorite, one of my favorite. Yeah, So hold on, was he in the was that Wally World, Beverly Hills, Yeah he was, Yeah, he's in all of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, it is here. It is. What's going on, bro, Cowboys? Uh, draft taking injured players, especially in the second round, has been something that they've done. They have, so let's get your thoughts.
Speaker 5: I mean, they've had success when you look back all the way to you know, from what I can remember, Bruce Carter, he was coming off that a c L. He had a really good, you know, career here with the Dallas Cowboys. Sean Lee of course in the second round. Uh, So they've had success developing these guys, getting them right. The guy you know, mister Smith, he was the second round pick too as well, right, so he he had a couple Jalen Smith, he had a.
Speaker 4: Couple of good years here as well.
Speaker 5: You know, to me, man, he just got to be right because because if you're not, that's the second round pick, you know, and the injuries just keep piling up. The next thing, you know, you had a second round pick and a guy that's supposed to come in here, and if you're a second round you're supposed to contribute immediately, whether it's starting or you know, you're getting a lot of snaps out there. So if they do go that route, you know, they just better be right like they're were in the past with those guys that I just named, because if you're not, that's that's almost two years in a row where that second round draft pick really hasn't panned out. You know, maybe we'll see a little bit more, you know, coming from schoolmaker, but from what I've seen so far, that would be two years back to back where that second round pick, you know, didn't provide much for your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but you also have to throw in there. Diggs was the second round pick. I mean, come on, so you had some success in the second round. I think more than anything, what has been the thing that is kind of caught my attention as just the Cowboys affinity for injured players coming into the draft. You've heard about Jonathan Brooks being you know, there's been some attention on him. And obviously you need a running back, you do. I don't killing no money saying you need a running back, but you know they're going out on the limb. You just mentioned I think you just mentioned Jalen Smith, you know, and taking him out of Notre Dame with a horrible injury that he you know's probably the reason why guys don't play in Bowl games now because of what happened to Jalen Smith. But you get a guy like that and he comes back from drop foot, they were very patient with him. But these these injuries, I mean, you're able to get picked these guys up, man, and obviously try and make them into something based off of what their past performance was. And I just you know, Jonathan Brooks out of the University of Texas, to me, man, it's just one of those guys that you hope is going to be there for the Cowboys to pick, even with the injury. I mean, even with it. I mean tshar Choice talked about him, former Dallas Cowboy and the University of Texas coach man, when he talks about this kid, he glows about. I mean, you know, is gonna keep it real, He's gonna keep it a buck and and he's you know, talked about him being a dog and you need that, you need that in between the tackles guy. But also obviously you be a little h You're gonna shy away from a guy coming off of an injury like that. But the doctor from the Cowboys did do the injury. Can he do all the other intangibles? Can he, you know, pick up blocks, you know all those things he catch out of the backfield? Yes, all those things. So look, this is gonna be an interesting couple of days for the Cowboys who they pick up in this draft. Man, and I'm just give me a running back, please go to all give me whatever you call him. Just give me a dog, please, I got you.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Brooks is six foot two hundred and sixteen pounds. According to the Cowboys Draft Guy, his comparison is lebyon Bell Kyle Yeomens. Number two running back is Trey Benson out of Florida State stateful dude to sixteen a senior. His comparison is aj Dillon and Bucky is number three like him about His comparison is Kyraene Williams, who's with the Rams. Blake Koram, Michigan national champion, ran behind a massive, big offensive line. His comparison is Zach Moss. But Blake korm is small five eight two o five a very interesting kid Audric estimate out of Notre Dame five eleven two twenty one. Carlos Hyde has been his comparison. There's an interesting type of player like that. He's he is a big back. If you're concerned about third and two. There's a gentleman right there that they could definitely be on the radar. Kid out of Kentucky Ray Davis five eight to eleven. His comparison to Sony Michelle. Mike McCarthy's had an affinity for Wisconsin guys in his career. Brayln Allen six foot one, two hundred and thirty five pounds. That's a big boy I see in him play Brian Robinson junior his comparison there and the thing that they wrote about here and the cowboy guy. The con on him is a bit of a fumbling issue with four fumbles as both a freshman and a junior. And Allen never really pieced together a run as a receiver.
Speaker 5: So and you know, out of all those backs, at all those backs, to me, I like the body type that can get downhill in a hurry, like like I understand, like you know our offsive line.
Speaker 4: You know, we're getting things together.
Speaker 5: We have some great vets along with some you know, guys that are getting better as they go along. I feel like the back that would compliment our offensive line right now will be a straight downhill guy. You know, no duking, no jive and no trying to create space and all that stuff. Straight downhill and punish just this, these defenses that the Cowboys are going against, you know, these past couple of years, you know, since Zeke's departure and since he's been split in time with TP, we really never had that guy that can just get downhill and punish these you know, defenses, make them respect the run. I mean, the defenses were playing with us with a light box with Tony Polla last year and allowing those guys to put people in coverage to make those wind these murky or those windows murky for Dak Prescott in the passing game and play action. If you got a guy that can get downhill in a hurry as a defender, I'm telling you, once you hit these guys a couple of times, you know you're gonna be like, I gotta get in this box early. I can't, you know, play around this guy. I gotta get in the box earlier to stop him before he gets started. That'll open up so many more things for Dak Prescott in this passing offense. So to me, all those backs, you know, they've got great skills individually, but I like the guy that can get downhill in a hurry, hit the hole if it's two three yards in the cloud of dust, okay, make that defense respective and that'll bring that coverage up and allow Dak Prescott with the weapons he has on the outside to expose these defenses.
Speaker 4: So to me, I like that downhill guy man, you know with that, And I.
Speaker 2: Like where you're going with that BC because really, to me, that's the intriguing thing about rico' dadele because that's him. He don't have a lot to him. He's the one cut, go kind of guy. And you mentioned the offensive line and having to build this offensive line back up with the guys that you have missing. I think he fits the bill as well. And look you right now you go and you sign the Royce Freeman, who is uh have to give that you know, credit uh that to the organization bringing him in. But right now, your your backfield is Ross Freeman, Duce, Von Malik Davis and ricco o'dadele. You want to you want to you need another guy in the mix to compete and and I think and I just believe that wholeheartedly the Cowboys are going to do that. I don't believe that this is your you know, beginning of training camp backs. Uh, you're gonna you're gonna add a rookie to it in some way. And if they don't go through the draft, the thing obviously free agency, you're gonna have somebody in there as well. But I think ricco' dadle fits the bill for exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Hill one cut Imani Bailey of TCU has been a player that's come to visit over here at the Star five seven to two, big twelve performer Jason McClellan of Alabama. It's been someone else who's had interest from the team. He's five eleven two twenty one big.
Speaker 2: And a local guy. I mean, Jase McClellan got an opportunity to call his games in high school. Chris Beam in the back, he knows he knows this guy pretty well. Man. It's uh, he is a big, physical kid. Can I also catch the ball? So that would be And I don't know what grade they have on McClellan. I know he's going to be a later round guy. But you have some opportunity there, especially when you mentioned the money. Bailey also a local kid, just fast, fast, quick twitch, but he's more of the type that you're not looking for. He's a space player. Yeah, he's definitely you know, in between and you know that that short area quickness kind of guy.
Speaker 5: It's nothing, you know, no, we can have, you know, power back in a space guy. You know she had those too. You know, I have to be wrapped up in one package, but you know I definitely lean to is the guy that's gonna be downhill putting that shoulder pass in the guy's chest.
Speaker 4: So we'll see what's happening. We'll say Cody Schrader out of Missouri had a really good year, and you know there's potentially another player. Frank Gore Junior played in the East West Shrine Bowl over here at the Fords and it was MVP. Obviously his daddy, Frank Gore Senior, many many great years in the NFL M Southern Mississippi five two hundred pounds. So by all accounts, we could probably expect to see a running back taken by the club at some point. And the question I think has to be, is it in round two or three. You don't have a fourth round pick, and so it's going to be interesting because they have a lot of needs. So we'll dive, you know, obviously, see what happens. Come Thursday's take our first break Dak Prescott and his future. He chatted with the media on Friday, So let's stab into that right here on the players Lounge, and it's brought to you by Aristocrat Game Get Your Game.
Speaker 6: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: Hi. I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decking and flavors. Dig into a cool I, Sai or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Vernola fresh starberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowl unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 9: There is no eye in Dallas, there is no eye in heart. Either no eye in blue star or a lone star for that matter, And there's no eye in how about them Cowboys smeerenough Nos, there's no eye in football. Football is a wee thing experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 4: Home or away.
Speaker 9: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because there's definitely no eye in Cowboys. Fans smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge. Come out to the Star in Frisco for Dallas Cowboy Draft Weekend presented by Miller Light. The party starts on Thursday, April twenty fifth at six thirty pm. Enjoy live draft coverage, player appearances, live performances, and more. On Friday, come back for Draft Night out with alumni and DCC appearances at Miller Lighthouse. Then finished strong on Saturday with the Draft Day five K presented by Baylor, Scott and White Health. For more details, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash Draft.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Hekma Garrison, Barry Church, sure Form Cowboys Safeties Here I newly scrugs. This is the Player's Lounge, just brought to you by risk, crack gaming, get your game on, thank you very much. I hear it on the airway.
Speaker 2: You mean that he's gonna call this lawyer immediately with a second it does happen.
Speaker 4: That's kinda catch you. What's going down?
Speaker 5: Got the paperwork ready? Quarterback Dak Prescott, I'm on BC. Gone, man, I'll let you to.
Speaker 4: Dive into it. But I did put out a tweet and I just simply said, name me another quarterback who's led the league in touchdown passes, who finished second team All Pro that is sitting here wondering about his future with the club. Very legitimate, very legitimate.
Speaker 2: Gone, bear go ahead, very like that.
Speaker 5: I get on my mans every now and then, right when I only go about what I see out there.
Speaker 4: That's all I can go about what I see out there. Do I think he's a hell of a quarterback? Yes? I do.
Speaker 5: I mean you don't get those accolades like nu, he just said, without being able to go on the field and get things done like you just said, you know, let it. Let the league, not just the team, let the league and touchdown passes, last year, second team All pros in the MVP category, all that great stuff. So he is a hell of a quarterback. My thing is, and I'm not saying they should go this route. I'm not saying it at all, because I believe that he should come back to the Dallas Cowboys and he gives them the best opportunity to win right now. If that's what you know they're trying to do is win this year right now. I believe that Prescott gives you the best opportunity. But the question I want to pose to you guys is, with all this these young guys coming out in the draft, there's a lot of you know, great talented quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: In this draft.
Speaker 5: Do y'all believe and I could be way off, but do y'all believe Prescott is fifty five to sixty million dollars better than these young guys coming out the draft this year?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Absolutely? Okay, yeah, right, no, go ahead. New So you bring up the number of sixty million, go back to when the number of forty million to DAK got for some reason, when DAK is being paid, we look at it as a oh my gosh, forty million dollars. Kyler Murray now makes forty six million dollars. True, justin Herbert Joe Barrow they're well over fifty. The way this works with this TV deal and the new batchup money, it's gonna go up. Dak Prescott sixty million if that's what he gets, because right now that's what you're sitting at here. You're gonna be looking at that kind of number. This is just going to be where it goes to next. True, But for some reason people want to point at the player as though, oh my gosh, you say, is he worth it? The Cowboys determined he was worth it because they wrote it in the contract. They did that. That's true. At the end of his day, Jerry and Steven could have said no, but they didn't. So they're sitting here with the number renegotiated extended. We'll see whatever they do. But when you talk about, hey, man, is he worth this? With all due respect to Kirk Cousins, is he worth the money he is getting right now coming off an achilles injury for a guy who's never won anything significantly. He asked your quarterback to cut down on his interceptions because he led the league in interceptions. He turns around and becomes the NFL's passing leader in touchdowns in the first year of an offense So when you ask the question, in my mind, I look at and I say, outside of winning in the playoffs, what else did he do in this league that says pay him? That's true, you know that.
Speaker 2: No, great, absolutely great point. But you know, I mean, that's why I knew it. That's why you got the Emmys. Man, You're the wordsmith, see you. You put it together so well. But other than saying what the hell is wrong with everybody? And why what it is? What is it about Dak that's so polarizing that people are either far left or far right? There's nobody in between on Dak right mediocre? He had done this, he hadn't done it. He didn't. But then when you point to the money that other quarterbacks make, it, mum's the word. Nobody even has anything to say about these other guys. You give the quarterback that you're just talking about at market setting deal and he Kirk Cousins at his age coming off of an achilles injury, and nobody's even talking about the Achilles injury. What is it about Dak? What is it about Dak that makes it where he he has to after the year that he had answer questions about not being in Dallas. If the salary cap whatever it was designed to do, quarterbacks it on. All thirty two teams take up about fifteen percent of the salary cap. That's the norm. And now he's just talking about how the salary cap is going up. So if it's three hundred million dollars in the next five years or so, quarterbacks are gonna take up the lion's share of that, no matter what. Right, And you could point to the teams that have rookie deals whatever. Joe Burrow ain't on a rookie deal no more, all right, and nobody's Matt Stafford is not on a rookie deal anymore. Nobody cares about those deals. Look, in order to win anything, you have to have a quarterback, and you know, building around those quarterbacks is paramount. I think the only guy that can do it without any talent is Patrick Mahomes, and there's only one of him, okay, But everybody else you are gonna have to build around. I think the one thing that's puzzling for me is if you don't get this deal done, it stops you from getting done everything else. You can only bring in these B level guys or that's you can't go out and get any free agent of note because of you not getting Dak's deal done. And look, it's just to me, it gets well beyond disrespect when he has to answer that question. And I believe it was it wasn't Clarence Hill, it was Calvin Watkins that was asking the question. And he has to say, you know, look I don't and basically, you know being here in Dallas or do you fear going somewhere else? And he's and he's like, I don't fear either scenario, and exactly what do you think he's gonna say? Exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: So let's just run through the numbers, all right, You're twenty twenty four quarterback average ranking in in terms of salaries, Number one. Joe Burrow fifty five million dollars. Joe Burrow's been to Super Bowl, so also had trouble with health. Part of that is they have not given him a good offensive line in his career at Cincinnati. Justin Herbert fifty two point five million dollars. Lamar Jackson fifty two million dollars. And keep in mind the year before Lamar Jackson basically had to demand a trade, and people think there was a collusion about getting him paid despite having won an MVP. He got the money and then he won a second MVP. Jalen Hurts, who's been to a Super Bowl, fifty one million dollars. Kyler Murray forty six point one million dollars. Go back to when Kyler Murray got his deal, there was a clause in there about him studying. Yeah, so there were questions.
Speaker 2: Seriously, put the call of duty down, put the sticks down.
Speaker 4: Deshaun Watson guaranteed that he's making forty six million dollars. Yes, that was tripping. Joe Flacco was brought in and took them to the playoffs. DeShawn was hurt. Number seven Kirk Cousins forty five million dollars. Then Patrick Mahomes is with him forty five million dollars, Josh Allen forty three million dollars. Number ten Matt Stafford forty million dollars, Daniel Jones forty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Dak Prescott forty million.
Speaker 4: So if you talk about paying people and you look at the production the last three years, how wasn't a pretty good team? Is he.
Speaker 2: The Mahomes guy the airon run? No, he's not.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, they made a determination. We think you're that they paid the note. And some people say, well, okay, fine, move on. What are you moving on to? What is Trey Lance showed you? I haven't seen anything, and so maybe that's the plan. I don't know what it is, but if you don't have one of these players, you're going to be in a really tough spot. You want to be Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is going to pay Baker Mayfield thirty three million dollars this year. Okay, they've saved money, but ultimately, where do you see this team two to three years with Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 5: I don't know where do we see the Cowboys in two to three years after pay? Because like, if we if we pay that, are you able to make these other deals get done? Can you pay the CD Lambs? Can you pay to Michael Parsons? Absolutely get getting back done.
Speaker 4: So, so to me, I'll counter your point with this, is this a quarterback league or not? It is? Okay, it is a quarterback league, I will give you that. So, so if it's just a quarterback league and you're basing things off that, if you don't have one and Trey Lance is your best option are you're going to use a pick right now? Now you're in the Hope game. And Jerry and I keep telling people this, and I was here. I saw it. The Quincy Carter Hera to Chad Hutchinson, to Clint Sterner, Ryan Leif to oh, let's roll out Drew Blood. See, let's put him on the Let's get lucky with Tony Romo. They got lucky with Dak. So this has not been an operation. It's been finally tuned. We've got we've got a plan, we've got a strategy. The two quarterbacks that have had the most success here they ran into him by accident. Was undrafted. Yeah, the only smart thing they really did because Sean Payne tried to trade for him, and I don't know where they at this point time. Oh maybe he really is good Kashawn Watson, But when have they took that leap in the first round?
Speaker 5: So they haven't taken that leap, So we can't sit there say, Okay, you know they got lucky with this, that and the third because they haven't tried that leap into the first round.
Speaker 4: Now you know, if it was a fifth, you.
Speaker 5: Know we'd all be But the process of just you know, getting lucky on these quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Isn't that what kind of led them to where we are right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Being a great regular season, mediocre playoff.
Speaker 2: Squad and you're picking right around twenty three, twenty four every year?
Speaker 4: Is that what this organ like?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 4: Is that the priority for this organization? Following up on what you said, we look at the playoff loss and Dak did not have a good game. Defense didn't have a good game. Coaching staff didn't have a good game. CD lamb didn't have a good game. Offensive line didn't have a good game. It wasn't good. I look at Lamar Jackson two and four in the playoffs, he did not have a good game for Baltimore. Offense didn't have a good game. And so we look at the performance and Dak Prescott two and five in his career, and we put it all on the player. And yes, you're paying him that much, and when you get paid that much, you're supposed to make up for things. How do they fix this trend in Baltimore and in Dallas to get your franchise quarterbacks playing at this high level that you want them to be. And then what else do you do? With your team. If we're pointing the finger there, then let's also make sure we're looking at other aspects of how have you built your football team? Talking about it, man, your run defense has been terrible in these games. The other teams, these three playoff losses have been able to establish the run and make life hard for you, and you haven't been able to really effectively run the ball. While Tony Pollard did have a nice game against the forty nine ers, it was effected, but he got hurt brokes leg.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so it's so easy to say that guy, and I'll go back to this and I took And sometimes it's about fairness, but we always say it's interesting on who we choose to forgive and who we choose to condemn.
Speaker 4: Peyton Manning's playoff record we started his career was terrible. Yeah, it's terrible, thirteen to three seasons getting drilled at home. And so once again it's interesting what you'd say, Ah, I roll with him and then well get rid of him? Getting rid of him, and where are you going to do when you haven't been a franchise. It's shown you know what to do if you draft Michael Pennings in the first round, they're starting all over him. Now, you got a quarterback room with Dak, Prescott, Cooper, Rush, Trey Lance, Michael Pennings. How are we going to get anyone better? That's true? And you know you hear the old trade dec What are you trading that for? It's got no trade claws? And why would you give up your nerd trade class to go someplace without an extension? How many teams right now we all look at salary cap and people have just spent money. Who's in a position right now where they have a slot of sixty million dollars that they can go make this deal, give up potential draft picks and everything else.
Speaker 2: But I mean, I think the cause and effect of everything that you're talking about, especially with teams like Baltimore that had to bring in an offensive coordinator to be able to coach up guy like Lamar Jackson to make him a better quarterback. You know their defense as well, they've pretty much built everything around around that. The Cowboys felt like they were built to get through the playoffs, and you're building to beat the San Francisco forty nine ers. I just look whatever Dak did, whatever he's doing to tack people off, you know, to get to be this polarizing guy that guys will people the media, people won't just choose on and say, look, who's better than him, because you say, you'd say Herbert in his contract, but nobody even questions his record regardless of where he is athletically there, Okay, and even when you talk about Baker Mayfield, Baker Mayfield, as polarizing as he is, he found a home in Tampa and he made it work, all right, So we got to give him credit. Give him credit for that. Like not getting an extension done does not allow you to sign your star players. And if you're Dak, you want to be able to sign a CD LAMB because you'll success is equally tied together. Okay, you want to be able to bring a running back in that's gonna help you have that ball, ball, control, field position, all of those things that are running back running back gives you if you're Dak Prescott Man, there are no We just pointed out there's only one guy that can do it with B level talent, you know, but other than that, there aren't three or four other quarterbacks that you would mention above them. Now there are Dak haters, right, now streaming and throwing their phones around because they're like, no, I didn't get Michael Pennix, but for who?
Speaker 7: For what?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: Come on? Like you you are definitely starting all over again. Maybe that helps you with your contract negotiation with the rest of these guys, but that puts you back at square one as it relates to the talent and at the quarterback position. When in the NFL, the most coveted position is the quarterback, and we are treating ours like you know, red head step child, I guess you shout out to all the redheads.
Speaker 4: Do you want to become the Pittsburgh Steelers? No, no, where the Steelers right now?
Speaker 2: And quarterback?
Speaker 4: Hell, you don't want that trade for Russell Wilson for nothing? Yeah, you make a trade for Justin Fields. How confident do you feel in them even though you know they're going to make the playoffs because of the Mike Tomlin ten wander in the desert Washington since Kirk Cousins left and they didn't sign him. Look at them the road to what are we doing a quarterback? It's real, real hard. Atlanta got rid of Matt Ryan. Look at them, Mary Joe, So you can question the sixty million dollars and say what about this? And can he take them? And you can say all of these things, and I will not sit here and debate you to say you're wrong, but I will come back to the thing. This is hard. We got too many teams out here who don't have somebody the New England Patriots. Okay, we're gonna let Tom Brady lee. Oh, we can get cheaper, we can get this, we can get that. Oh we'll use a first round pick that Jones made the Pro Bowls first year. Where are you at now.
Speaker 2: Looking Jordan Love is.
Speaker 4: The example and the hope that you would think at some point in time teams would do, let's draft a quarterback. While we have a quarterback, let's develop him, and let's get ready to go. Trey Lance, in a sense, is supposed to be that type of player. But we haven't seen anything just yet. No, so let's get a break here and when we come back Thursday night is Round one in Detroit, then rounds two and three a Friday, then the rest of the draft concludes on Saturday. I want to know heck Ma Harrison's dream pick at number twenty four. I want to know Barry Church's dream pick at twenty four.
Speaker 2: Don't Do That pays last.
Speaker 4: Come on man, No, Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection units football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at nflshop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 7: Hi. I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bows into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Iae or Ptaya bowl handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle, perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only at Smoothie King, the official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's Fit and a full sized intense therapy withball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 1: He escapes left.
Speaker 2: He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy sell and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 12: Get started at blockchain dot com to the players loud.
Speaker 2: Head to Middle Life House at AT and T Stadium for the Dallas Cowboys Tacos and Tunes Festival presented by Miller Light on Saturday, May fourth, from three to seven. Enjoy a variety of tacos from regions across Mexico and food truck fair while you sip on cold drinks and listen to live music. Admission and parking our free. Visit att Stadium dot com Slash Tacos and Tune for Tunes for more information.
Speaker 4: See you there, thank you, heck Maherrison new he scrugs here low with Berry Church. Aristocrat Gaming is bringing you the players lounge to game. Okay, get ready to run out of here. Thank you serious, well done, and we get ready for the draft which will be Thursday, a round one in Detrouce. Sure who is your dream pick at number twenty four? Heck Maherrison.
Speaker 2: You know, hey, this is dream pick because we've already done what we know, being sensible about what we're going to get in the draft. And I've already said offensive line first track for first pick. All right, So who is my dream my dream pick? And this is gonna it's gonna be all North Texas. Uh here on my dream pick, that's gonna be not North Texas University. I'm talking got you. I've had to get in my back I go. I'm gonna go with my mayor, Byron Murphy, Barron Murphy from the University of Texas. My comp for Byron Murphy has always been Corey Simon. You remember Corey Simon from Florida State doing the Florida Florida State Power Days with mas. No, it's the defense line, defense line, and so uh one of those guys six foot, three hundred and twenty pounds, but just one of those immovable objects in the middle of your defense. And I just believe that Byron Murphy, he's been that way since he played it in high school here at DeSoto. Uh Man, just one of those guys that I think is gonna be a fabulous pro And if we can get some talent like that, man, and I'm jacking that from you. Too, by the way, But Byron Murphy is my is my guy, and the other guy if we trade back, if we trade out Tavian Sanders from the University of Texas. Also, he's a t Texas guy. Yeah, he's a tight end. He's from North Texas, so athletic cat. Don't let him. Don't let him follow the Kansas City. It's gonna be trouble. Trouble, yes, sir, uh, well for me because you went d line, you know, the d limp pic.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna stay on the defensive side of the ball. I'm not gonna give up on Mozzi just yet. You know, I'm hoping he could got that hope you'll pack on me. I'm hoping he's able to come through. And we've seen the jump that Tolbert was able to make, you know, from his rookie year, his second year. Hopefully Mazie can't. I'm saying hopefully a lot, but he can he can make that job. I'm not asking him to be you know, Warren Sap or Aaron Donald, I'm not asking that. But can he be you know Hankins? Can he be Hankins consistently? If he can do that, I'll be alright with that for the second year. So my dream pick is going to be the cat, the linebacker from Mississippi State.
Speaker 4: I believe in that Cooper very yeah, I'm sorry, very fast Faraga athletic.
Speaker 5: If you put him next to the Kendricks, who's been in the league since forever, since I was playing in the league, he can show on the ropes. You gotta have that one two combo at that linebacker spot. When this team had that at you know, the Jayalen Smith and the Wolf Hunter when he was on a rookie year, the.
Speaker 2: Defense was rolling.
Speaker 4: They was making plays left and right.
Speaker 5: So if Mozzie can do his thing on the inside and just be Hankins consistently, my dream pick would it have to be Cooper at that linebacker spot sideline and sideline guy can blitz.
Speaker 4: He'd be a nice piece dream pick. I want to just address Mazzie shoulder surgery, lost weight at the end of the year. Yeah, right now, he's your only one tech Yeah yeah, that come on wise, They got to help him for you, man, But where's the trust, time, proof, and consistency. Are you ready to just trust him? And when you say Jalen Tolbert Okay, I want you to understand what you said when you tried to compare his hey Jalen Tolbert disappointing rookie year, then second Jalen Tolbert came into his second year, Ceede Land was the number one receiver and Cooks was the number two receiver. Michael Gallant was a number three receiver. It was the number four. You weren't sitting around here looking for him to be a starter. Right now you're talking about Monsie Smith in a starting role. That should scare you because that's a whole lot of hope. That is he said hope a lot.
Speaker 2: So that's what he already told you about to hope you that was in that take is hope?
Speaker 4: Is hope the right strategy? And you look at that and I just say, I just want to make sure we put it all in there about when we talk about it, and that's what we're saying at number twenty four. I actually hope that you make a trade down. They don't have a fourth round pick because you gave it up for Trey Lance. And I had no problem with that, which is why not taking a quarterback? According to Stephen Jones in the draft, But if you can trade down a little bit, then you have an option to maybe secure a center in the second round or Edderan Cooper in the second round, and then maybe someone else later and potentially you know, two second round picks. If you can get yourself a let's say, the linebacker in the center from West Virginia Fraser. You need walk in starters, you need that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, off the bus, Off the bus, guys, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: So if you can trade down and try to pick something up there and then dream to arrow, to me, I think that makes a lot of sense because there's so many holes that they need to have filled here.
Speaker 2: But you're gonna have to give us somebody though, knowing who's your dream pick now you just said.
Speaker 4: So if you trade back and you get yourself in the second round and you can get a high second round pick, that's what I think about. A player like an Edren Cooper or set the center from West Virginia Fraser walk in starters. So I'm talking about Cooper's got the ability to rush the passer, that kind of player, you know, A and M. You know he's a fast guy, CEC player, Fraser the center, he's a bigger he's a bigger than Tyler. He can hold him.
Speaker 2: He's got bricks in the pocket.
Speaker 4: And I was told he was one of the great character players at West Virginia who coming into the season people were picking last in the Big twelve or near last in the Big twelve, and that the coach was going to get fired. They turned that thing around, and so he was one of those kind of key players in the room. You talk about a character guy and what you need in the center spot. That's what I think about. And so there's where I'm thinking of when I say trade back potentially, Hey, do you have two second round picks and do something with those where you can address needs up front. You got to get your needs. That's we're at time. Barry Church, Yes, I appreciate you, Marrison, thank you, Chris, Bean, Joshi, everybody who's a part of this, we so appreciate you. Thank you for checking out Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio. Make sure you're dropped watching all the draft shows, all the other shows as we continue to get you ready for the twenty twenty four draft. Take care, Ladel.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys football Club