Speaker 1: Hey, there're folks. It is Friday, June sixth, the fourth week of testimony wrapping up today in the Diddy trial, and Day seventeen was full of headline making moments, including testimony from one highly anticipated witness and as the judge threatened to kick Ditty out of his own trial. All that happened on day seventeen. Welcome, folks to this episode of Amy and TJ. Rose. Did it happen again that every day we think all we've heard it all in something else?
Speaker 2: Cone I was actually chuckling to myself as you were saying, another headline making day, because it's just been what's happened. Even though you have witnesses getting up on the stand and telling similar stories, there are always new, twisted, horrific details that you couldn't imagine having actually taken place, and yet you're hearing a new twist, a new turn, a new disturbing image is in your mind and in your head, and wow, yesterday was exceptional.
Speaker 1: So we're going to take you through the latest full day of testimony. Of course, today is Friday, June sixth. As we are recording this, they're just going to be getting back to court in a little bit before we expected another full day of on the stand. The Jane woman who is testifying under that pseudonym to protect her identity. She's expected to be on the stand today and maybe even a couple of days into next week. Brionna Bongalum was on the stand yesterday as well. She is the one who was dangled over the balcony allegedly by Ditty and then Enriquet Santos, who testified about some technical stuff having to do with text messages but robes. It was before we even get to testimony. There was a moment in court that the judge got pissed. And this is a major no no by Ditty.
Speaker 2: It's kind of I guess you hear about his belief that he is, according to the witnesses, a king, a god, a devil, whatever you want to believe, but something certainly above everyone else. And so perhaps it shouldn't be surprising that he didn't consider what the very strict rules are in a courtroom. If you are the defendant, you cannot make eye contact with jurors, let alone signal to them or make any sort of attempt at communication with them. And it seems like that's exactly what Diddy was doing not once but twice during court yesterday, right in front of the judge.
Speaker 1: Well fairly everybody, But again, this is as strict of a no no as you can get. You see stuff like this in movies, defendants, right, mobsters or something, the criminals interacting, sometimes flirting, even with one of the female jurors. No, no, that does not have in real life, except for it did. It's not supposed to happen. Now. I don't know what didd he was doing here, but the judge caught this both times. On one occasion he looked over and was shaking his head, maybe at one particular juror, and then he did it a second time. The judge everything, and according to at least this reporter robes in the room as a play by play at the exact quote of what the judge said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what the judge told Diddy yesterday, And you could tell he was pissed. I could not have been clearer. There was a line of questioning where your client was nodding vigorously and looking at the jury. And there was a subsequent moment we had a sidebar and I looked and I saw your client looking at the jury and nodding aggressively. This is absolutely unacceptable.
Speaker 1: And that was the warning he said, if I see it one more time, he's out of here. That was not as nothing else, if I see it at all.
Speaker 2: I'm wondering based on that admonishment and him saying, if I see you one more time, I'm throwing you out, if that could ultimately be if there's somehow a hung jury or sorry, a not guilty verdict, if there could be some argument by the prosecution that he tainted the jury pool, or that he did something to influence the jury, and they could question the decision based on his actions. I was thinking that ahead, like, just in case he's found not guilty, could the prosecutors come back and say this trial is no good, no bueno?
Speaker 1: But is that point blank double jeopardy And they're just not allowed to do that. They're not allowed to come back and say, we messed up by allowing you to do something right. That's diddy. You can shut it down right now if you want to, and start this whole thing over. But they didn't do that.
Speaker 2: The prosecution would have to file like grounds for a mistrial, you have to do it right now, and they don't want to start over I imagine.
Speaker 1: Sweetheart, we can't start over it.
Speaker 2: But that is so bold and so brazen. I don't think I have ever reported on that. We've covered a lot of trials in our several decades of journalism, I don't think i've I know that I have never reported that I have seen that or that has been something that happened in a corporate What was.
Speaker 1: He doing to be doing it aggressively? He knew everybody who was going to see that.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's God. Apparently.
Speaker 1: I don't know what a signal would that even be making to a jury.
Speaker 2: He was I can't tell if he was nodding in a gri agreement or nodding in disagreement, but whatever it was, he had a strong reaction to whatever was being said, and he wanted the juror. And I think, you know, he's maybe trying to make that one on one connection with the juror, like, hey see, like we're feeling each other. He did that with all, according to the witnesses, with these women, he charming bomb like that's for a better lack of a better term, he loved b on them. He made them feel there was a special connection between them, and then he started to control and manipulate them. It sounds like that might be a smaller version he's working the germs.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, But that was a huge, huge moment. And I guess I mean, I actually didn't should have looked this up ahead of time. What happens if they had to take him out of the court, his trial goes on without him? Yes, right, that's he didn't say how long he would take him out or how long he'd punish him, but he's absolutely said it it happens again, he will kick him out. That was a big moment. The other huge moment Robes was from Brianna Bonglin, and the defense has been going at her on cross exams Nation and kind of picking her apart on her memory of that incident in twenty sixteen when she says, did he dangled her over the seventeenth floor balcony at Cassivent Refines apartment? Look, that was eight years ago. She admitted she was on drugs a lot at the time, and she was high at the time of the incident. So they've been able to pick it apart about some small discrepancy.
Speaker 2: Was she smoking marijuana or was she smoking a cigarette, was she in her bed or was she standing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yesterday, though Robes, This was a huge discrepancy, and it's kind of a big how did they miss that moment for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: Right, So she gave a very specific date, September twenty sixth, twenty sixteen, when she says this balcony incident happened in La Well, the defense attorneys were able to literally bring hotel receipts. I got the receipts, like they really had a receipt. It wasn't just a euphemism, like they actually physically had a receipt, a hotel receipt that showed that Ditty was in New York and not just on that day, but in the days, several days before and several days after she said this incident happens.
Speaker 1: So even if she's off a day or two, he's still covered.
Speaker 2: She would have to be off a week or a.
Speaker 1: Month or the year or something. But it does not match up. That date does not match up at all.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to your point that prosecutors would not have verified if she was giving a specific date, which I didn't even realize. She had a very specific date and Look, I'll give her this grace that you asked me to remember where I was on a specific date or when something specific happened, even if it was traumatic, I would have to go back and look in my photos or in my email or something to try and say, wait, when was that exactly to pinpoint it. So, I don't know how that date came about.
Speaker 1: The day you were almost thrown to your death from a seventeenth floor balcony by one of the most powerful media moguls on the planet. You think you remember that day.
Speaker 2: I do think so. But however, if I were taking cocaine, in ecstasy, in marijuana, it might all be a little fuzzy that period of time where she said there was heavy drug use. You might lose track of when happened, what happened when. You might not forget what happened, but you might forget some of the details. I'm just giving her that space. But for them to be that specific with the date is risky as hell if they didn't have verification, or at least if they where he was. Yeah, that seems like a huge oversight by the prosecution and a huge leap to take if you were actually going to get that specific and then not be able to back it up and then expect the rest of your story to be believed.
Speaker 1: It seemed to have thrown them off guard, and she didn't have much of an answer. I say, Okay, I just could have been an off or my memories is a little fuzzy. But this is a witness that the defense has made some headway with in the cross examination, and now here is another at the end. This is a huge discrepancy. He has a receipt from trump Tower for the almost the entire week surrounding the date she said he was in La dangling her off a balcony. This was a tough witness for the prosecution.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so they hopefully while they're trying to recover their case with this next witness, correct. I mean, she has been a powerful, powerful witness. I was reading one report saying that when she finished her testimony yesterday, they said, normally you'd hear like shuffling and people talking, and there'd be some just regular ambient noise. It was silent that her testimony was so powerful and so jarring that people weren't speaking, that you could actually hear a pin drop in the courtroom. And that was distinctive from other days. I thought that was a really interesting note about what the atmosphere was like after she testified, And.
Speaker 1: To think that can be the case after we've heard from Mia, after we heard from Cassiefin to refine all those days of how all of these stories were, and still people have getting shook by what they're hearing from a witness. Jane as somebody who I think she's the third of four victims that they are actually PRESI denting their case with but hers is incredibly important. She had robes that you put it together some there are new details, you said, I think off the top about the same things. Right, she talked about free calls, you talk about dating Dittyes, she talk about violence, and all of those things are follow almost the exact same pattern of the storyline with Casivent Refine. But still some of the details that come out are still new and still shocking. I know this isn't the biggest deal in the world, but even the idea that there were twenty four bottles of baby oil used per session, she says she got that specific.
Speaker 2: She said in one night they would go through twenty four bottles of baby oil. It just gives you some perspective, because it all seems so surreal to me that you would have a sex session that lasted twelve hours, I mean repeatedly and in order, and it's not like you're just having sex with one person. She talked about having and being forced to, or at least coerced into having sex with multiple men, sometimes several sessions with one guy, then another one would come. And it got to the point where she fell in love with this man, this powerful, intoxicating, charming man, and he slowly introduces her to the idea of having sex with other men, and she ends up, she says, having sex with other men ninety percent of the time, when all she really wanted was to have sex with Diddy.
Speaker 1: Some of the stuff you just described very difficult to hear, and what an awful situation for this woman. But she had some of the kindest things to say in terms of their relationship, how happy she was and how happy they were together, how charming, she said, a bunch of complimentary things. But it's weird to have that come out of her mouth, and this being the experience she had. How can you when you dating so you're in a relationship in ninety percent of that time is spent having sex with other men that he wants you to do.
Speaker 2: You know what, though here's and this is what we're hearing is a common theme, it didn't start out that way, and so there obviously had to be a charming, wonderful side to him that we're hearing so much about our friend. Aubrey O Day talked about how she even struggles with calling him a monster because there were so many good sides and good things about him. So when he wanted to be charming with you, you fell for him head over heels. And then you're hoping to get back that that good guy, that man you fell in love with, and you know he's in there somewhere, and so you put up with all this other stuff because you're you're wanting to get back those moments, and apparently they obviously had to appear throughout so that you'd keep keep going and keep doing things you didn't want to do because you were hoping for that moment a taste of that version of him that you fell in love with. But it wasn't just about the intoxicating romance or the desire she had for him from her heart and from just all those other places. It was also a financially you can see how the grooming happened. You fall, she falls in love with him, then she he asked her to do things she doesn't want, and then he slowly ends up taking over her world where she depends on him for everything from paying her rent, to setting up childcare for her, to just making sure that her travels, taking care of everything. I'm sure a first class and luxury. And so now you've been introduced to this world of opulence and you can't afford any of it. So she ended up not she was a was she a formal model, former model? She had model friends and they were telling her she influencer. She was. She was wanting to go into the website what's that called?
Speaker 1: Were they only fans?
Speaker 2: Only fans? Yes, where they you know, you make money that way. He wanted her not to do that, so she ended up just being completely financially dependent on him.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a little I guess Cassie. Even Toura Fine talked about this as well. Where she I mean, she wasn't even an artist anymore, right, she was her full time job was doing these free coms. Well this Jane said that she'd wouldn't work, she wouldn't travel, and she kept childcare on standby just in case he called and told her to travel somewhere for a free cough. That's a job, like you're just on standby to serve this one person that you depend on everything for. And she did ro she talked about she did these because she felt obligated.
Speaker 2: Yes, she felt obligated. She was hoping to make him happy so that they could be happy. But then after he's taken over her finances, taken over her life in a lot of ways, and she's willingly done this. At this point, she then says something that we heard from Cassie ven tour Fine that he then started viciously attacking her and blackmailing her with those videos of her having sex with escorts, and that's not something that anyone wants to be released. And so he now has videos of her hanging over her head for her to do what he wants.
Speaker 1: But if these folks are lying, they have coordinated really well, because these stories all sound just the same, like you can almost just tell this and just remove the names and just move them around on different stories, because they all sound like they went to the exact same experience. He had a pattern, if you believe, if they are.
Speaker 2: To believe, you believe, and he obviously had, according to all of these witnesses, a need that was extreme that he wanted to be met at all costs. And once he was done with or the woman grew tired of doing this unthinkable thing several times a week, even sometimes for days on end, he would just move on to the next one, groom them, and then start the whole process over again. I mean, he pattern is one way to put it, but my god, it's it's horrific to think about. And the fact that he was allowed to keep doing this, if this is all true, woman after woman after woman after woman, and he knew how to control them, and.
Speaker 1: This is and we all wonder we hear about this stuff. Yeah, we know he's a bad guy. He was a bad boss, he was an abuser. But what does this have to do with racketeering? What does it have to do with the charges you're trying to establish here? Again, his criminal enterprise and sex trafficking. He essentially has someone here who is moving across state lines, possibly for payment, to be engaged in well free costs.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks, question, You know. It's interesting because we talked about earlier the defense team having receipts that Diddy was not where Breonna said he was in order to dangle her off the seventeenth floor balcony. The prosecution says they have receipts, so to speak, and plan to play phone recordings from Shawn Coms where we can expect this in the coming days that they say showed Ditty and you can hear him trying to manipulate Jane into saying she wanted to be involved in these freak offs and then making veiled references to paying for her rent, and so you can actually hear they claim, we're going to be able to hear o the jurors, you're going to be able to hear Diddy and his own voice manipulating her, blackmailing her and trying to get her to say something so he could have recordings to use against her. I mean, it's wild, but I think that'll be a unbelievable day in court when that happens.
Speaker 1: Well, that's to come. Who knows if they'll even get to a cross examination of her today. She is expected, folks to be on the stand for several days and she was only up there for a few hours yesterday, so much more to come from her. We of course, will continue to keep you updated as your one stop shop, I think we can go with We go through all these reports from media members inside and put it all together here for you, so we know you've been listening. So thank you certainly for doing.
Speaker 2: That, yes, and we appreciate that and appreciate you, and we hope you have a wonderful weekend. We will check back in with you very soon.
Speaker 1: The patent, the tationpos, the ch