Speaker 1: Rodo Mock Season. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome in everybody.
Speaker 2: To Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Baseball Live stream. It is me, Joey b Joe Pisa be with me as always is the Welsh and today we've got a ten team Roto Mock Draft action for you right here on the YouTube channel if you haven't already subscribed to the YouTube channel, We've got amazing content. We just an hilarious, amazing, fantastic show yesterday with Nick Pollock. You can catch over there about pitchers. Lots of fun things going on the channel. We just did our infield preview and our outfield preview, and today we're gonna go dive into the mind of Justin Mason, our guest, which could be a very dangerous thing, which is why we wanted to do it live first and foremost so Mason, obviously, everybody knows you. You are super famous in the baseball world, in the fantasy world. And also Potapaloosa begins this weekend, So tell us this year, mister do Gooder, what charity are you guys rocking this year for Potapalooza.
Speaker 3: We're raising money for a fantast scoring is called Keep Playing Baseball. They raise money to support kids who want to further their baseball career. So these are high schoolers or junior college baseball players that have a dream of wanting to play further into you know, the minor leagues or upper level college and they help assist that. They also help organizations for like little leagues in the Sacramento area, a really really good organization actually run by Toby g Batflock Crazy's brother. So and I've done some events with them before and I was like, you know, we should just do Potapluza for you guys.
Speaker 4: So that's what we're doing. It's gonna be a two day.
Speaker 3: Livestream event start Saturday ten am Eastern seven am Pacific and is going to go I think nine hours each day. So it's it's gonna be a lot of amazing panis, including Joe Pi Zapia who's gonna be on one of those panels and chatting with me, and I think Jason Collett. So yeah, you can catch on my YouTube, my Twitch on fans home site, and oh my Twitter which is justin Mason f WSP.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: And now does that also mean like old guys like me and Welsh like, if we want to keep playing baseball, does it help.
Speaker 1: Us or no?
Speaker 5: We're out developed cutters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: Got a pretty good cutter on it.
Speaker 5: I got a pretty good cutter. Everybody knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just still hit.
Speaker 2: I just you know, the fielding and the betting over for ground balls. I'm a d h only at this point in my career.
Speaker 4: I think that's I have a video off you hit it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: I've challenged Nick Pollock to a contest there, you know, in Brooklyn. I said, look, I'll show up. We'll do it for charity. You go out there, I'll take three outs. We'll see if I get a hit off you and see what happens there. I'm still pretty confident there. Like running afterwards, that's a whole other story. That's a whole I don't know how big the bases are. That's the whole thing we're going to dive into. But today it's all about the Rodo formats. And because Mason's in so many drafts and so much going on, he's the perfect person to have on today for the show to get his insights on the draft before we get going here against a ten team draft, we're gonna do corner infielders for outfielders, nine pitcher slots, and a few bench spots. Just to give you a little idea of what we're looking for on the bench. I want to remind everybody that, of course we're gonna be using our mockdraft lobby that is part of our Draft Wizard products, So Fantasypros dot com slash Draft Wizard or just download the app because it is spectacular. It's the best way to get ready for all of your drafts.
Speaker 1: And this is a fun way.
Speaker 2: The public mock drafts are gonna be open, and then of course you can create private mock drafts and mock with your friends or just mock your friends if you want. Again, it is only available at fanacypros dot com slash Draft Wizard. It is the absolute best mock draft software you will find, period end of story. It's incredible. And if you have a premiums subscription to Fantasy Pros, don't forget you can also upgrade. And if you have keepers in your league, you can plug them into whatever rounds they are and then run the mock. I know that sounds amazing to you and that's because it is. So go check it out right today Fantacy Pros dot com slash Draft Wizard, or just download the app because the kids love the app.
Speaker 1: Everyone loves a good app.
Speaker 2: But if you want to go premium today too, don't forget we can help you with that. So drop a comment here in the chat below and be a subscriber of our Fantasy Pros family on our YouTube channel on MLB, and we are going to be giving an upgrade, a premium upgrade for one of our lucky watchers and commenters on today's show, so you can unlock the most powerful fantasy tools in the entire industry.
Speaker 1: And if you don't want to wait for the giveaway, you don't have to.
Speaker 2: You go to Fancybros dot Com slash Premium and get going and you can start playing smarter and not harder over a Fantasy Pros. So throw your hat in the rings so even get a premium subscription. And if you don't get it today, well go get yourself one a Fantasypros dot Com slash Premium. Okay, gentlemen, let's get down to business. We have selected our spots. Welsh is such a wonderful guy. He didn't take the one spot. He took the two, so he wasn't gonna be you know. He's like, well, you know, I don't want to make it too easy. I'll just go with the two spot. Mason is in the middle. He's the man in the middle at one o six. I took the turn at ten. So Welsh, we are going to kick things off here? What are you looking for? Is it just the Ronald Acunya star does your typical Welsh beginning?
Speaker 6: If he's there, by the way, maybe a world record of the longest I went on a podcast without talking.
Speaker 5: That was a world I didn't say one word. We went five minutes.
Speaker 4: Proud of you.
Speaker 6: I was actually worried if you were still with us, you I was just going to keep rolling with it, like you're just going to keep going. If you hadn't thrown it to me, I wouldn't have said a word. I was gonna see how long I could go on the over under all the rest of the episodes we ever do, will be unders.
Speaker 5: If Ronald Acunya is there, he's my number one.
Speaker 6: I'm taking him. I might pivot a little bit. Aaron Judge goes number one. I don't have to worry about it. The pivot I was thinking about was Josi Ramirez. We've talked about the position scarcity at third base. It stinks you get Rosie Ramirez. You've got your five tools. A little bit low on batting average. I don't care that much. Actually, justin I'd be really curious during this to talk about you. Kind of famously a couple of years ago, talked about the punt average in Rodo. We don't just have to punt anything, but you jumped in and you are pretty prominent about the punting average. Not that Jose Aermeres is a punt average guy, but he kind of qualifies into that area. But I'm going to stick with my number one guy at two, Ronald Kunya.
Speaker 3: It's amazing you mentioned that because I just wrote an article for Fantasy Bruse about punting and I have a whole section in there about punting average, so and I think it should be up or maybe going up soon. So definitely go check out that article if you want to learn more about punting average and why could be such a useful tool in Rodo.
Speaker 1: Ah, look at that. I love the seamless plugging. It's so good company, man, right.
Speaker 2: A company man, and I'm so glad to have you here part of it. Slowly but surely we're like Cartman's trapper keeper. We start to absorb everyone we possibly can into our little Fantasy pros family. Trey Turner goes at one oh three, Jose Ermera's at one o four, My dude, Julio at one o five. Mason, Yeah, almost had him, he was right there.
Speaker 1: You just missed him. So where do you go next? At one oh six?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think it's pretty easy, especially in a format like this where Shoe Ohtani is a pitcher and a hitter, to have the kind of flexibility to kind of go back and forth between the two. Even in a weekly league, it's it's such a nice advantage. But in a daily league he's easily the number one player in Fantasy. So Joyotani at six is a pretty easy snag.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: So after that it goes O Tani, Alvarez, Juan Soto, Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 1: Then it is to me.
Speaker 2: So I have got some big options on the board here. I'm going to wait on pitching, especially because it's a ten man league that's typically my m oh, you know, I'm gonna go ahead and roll the dice here with Mike Trout, and I know Vladdie's still out there too. I might come back and take him with my second pick here, but I just want to lock in Trout here in the more shallow league of more apt to have a little bit more risk on my teams because the replacement value is just a little easier, and outfield is still dreadful. If you're twelve man, ten person league, doesn't matter, it's still all terrible. You got to find outfield some way. So now it's a matter of do I want to go with the infielder. I want to go back to a position like second base outfield where I can get a guy like Mooky Bets, or take flat because first base is so tricky. I'm gonna go ahead and take Flatty and start my team out with Trout and Vlatty. I'm gonna pass up Mooky Bets.
Speaker 6: You're shocking me on this one. I mean, no Molky Bets, no Freddie Freeman, no Bobby Witt Junior. You just like throw the gauntlet down and you're like, let's go Trout in Vladimir Guerrero, screw those ranks.
Speaker 5: I threw the ranks.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Look, it might not like me on the way back, it might yell at me, but you know what, I'm gonna give this a whirl here, Vladden Trout's a pretty good start if everyone stays healthy and does what they're.
Speaker 1: Supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Bobby Witt was in that conversation, but then he took a picture at you at spring training, and now all of a sudden, this stock went down a couple o.
Speaker 5: Come on, it's a great picture. Such a nice it's a great picture.
Speaker 2: But you know, friends of the Welsh, I don't know Mookie Bets at two o two, then Boba Shett at two o three, Freeman at two o four, Bobby Witt still on the board.
Speaker 1: I almost took a Mason.
Speaker 3: Are you going to oh man, No, I'm gonna take Manny Machado.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: I just don't know that you get any safer than Many Machado. You honestly should be a first round pick. And we talked about the positional scarcity at third base. Another article I wrote about at fantasypros dot com. Go check down on it. It is definitely up. That came out last week. So uh yeah, I mean, I love many Machado. He's just about as safe as you can be. He has the speed component, which I think everybody kind of forgets that he actually steals bases too. But he's always gonna hit thirty home runs, gonna hit for a decent average in a great lineup.
Speaker 2: Love Mady Machado, all right, and many Machado hopefully won't opt out of your roster at some point in the season. Bobby Witt finally goes to two oh six quarter runs a two oh seven tatist just before Welsh. It's gonna be one of those kind of days, Welsh. I feel like, all right, two oh nine, Welsh, what do you got for us? Ten seconds left on the clock.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly what I'm gonna do here. There's two third basemen.
Speaker 6: I really like, I'm gonna get one coming back because they're not gonna take two. So I'm gonna take Pete Alonzo, who's number one on my board for big power at first base, and I know I'll at least get one, and I get a choice of both because Garrett Cole and Paul Goldschmidt went back to back great picks there. I've got a huge, huge power here, and I'm starting off with Pete Alonso and Ronald Acunya. Akunyi gave me the stolen bases that I want. I've got eleap power in here, and at third base I actually prioritize Austin Riley over Rafael Devers. In most formats, the fantasy pros wants me to take Raphael Devers, and the batting average is a little bit of a tick up, and I'm actually gonna pivot that way over Austin Riley in this instance because pet Alan if I had taken if I had taken gold Schmidt, I would have gone.
Speaker 5: With my guy, Austin Riley.
Speaker 6: I think these guys are one two, So I'm gonna go with Devers, even though I have Austin Riley over, just as a little uptick on the batting average, and I got my third base locked up here. So three straight hitters, U d'acunia Alonso endeavors for me.
Speaker 2: Love the Alonzo pick two, Garrett Cole at two to ten, Gold Schmid before Devs. After that, Jacob de Gram, Austin Riley and only Austin Riley. Then Michael Harris three to zero six. Justin Mason, You're on.
Speaker 3: The clock, oh, So this is a play where I actually what the guy I really want to take I think will be available in the fourth round for me.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Pivot a little bit and kind of go with the system. Sometimes you gotta do that. Maybe you like a guy more than others, but on the draft ranks that you're using, let's say, using it's guys a little bit higher, he's not going to make it.
Speaker 4: Bacting.
Speaker 3: That's osel too. They talk about a position that it's scarce. I think second base is worse than third base by a lot. And something I talked about in the article that I wrote for Fantasypros dot com.
Speaker 1: I want you to take a shot.
Speaker 6: Everybody everything references take it. Take a shot, and guess what. We're all on the floor by the end of the draft.
Speaker 3: Take my boy, which I wrote an article about, on the floor.
Speaker 5: During your draft.
Speaker 2: So I say, well, she's the hardest working man in Fantasy Pros. We gonna step up our game er, you know, Okay, geez uh. Normally I typically don't go pushing for the picture of this early Welsh knows this. But the guy that I want the most is still out there. So I'm gonna go ahead and take Spencer Schreider off the board. You're gonna go pound the outfield some more. Here two guys still on the board there for me, Randy Rose Arena out there, Luis Robert out there, two guys, and I'm very very high on I'm a little light in the stone bases right now, I feel like potentially, so I'm gonna give that slight lean over to a rose Arena, even though I'm gonna lose some of the batting average. But I have pretty good BA there with Laddie, So I think we're gonna go ahead and take a Rose Raine and gets no.
Speaker 1: Stone bases, and uh, I guess that might have been the guy. And I'm gonna write an article about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ozzy Albi's goes next at four h two, Marcus Simmia four roh three, no one earn out of four oh four, and angry Justin Mason at four oh five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that one that really hurts at stake because that's who I would have taken in the third round overall to day, but I just assumed he'd make it back me never fear. When Justin Mason is on a podcast, he talks about Cedric Mullens.
Speaker 4: So Cedric Mullins is the next pick. He's got the speed, he leads off. He is that fill in for Rosarina for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Cedric Mullins is certainly a good pivot. There can't throw Justin Mason off. He's always on his game. Aaron Nola goes a four h six Shy mcclannan four oh seven oh and Edwin Diaz right before the Welsh. Now four oh nine Welsh. It's time to regroup and make a pick here forty seconds on the clock.
Speaker 5: With Danahan hurt me.
Speaker 6: That was where I was gonna go. He's at the top of my list. He's a top five sp for me. I love everything that he's changed this year. I don't worry about the injuries. I love the change up, but I hate not having him on my team. I probably would have pivoted to Edwin Diaz. I got two guys that I don't mean to do this, especially in a roto format, but it's ten team. There are elite hitters here, and I'm gonna go with Jazz Chisholm, and then I'm gonna hope that Corey Seeger is gonna pop back and then I'm gonna have gone five straight rounds in hitting, which really really, by the way, shows the change in what's happened with the pitching overall. But he didn't go, so Manuel Classe and Matt Olsen just went on the turn. I really do hate passing up pitching in this point, and shortstop is pretty deep, but Corey Seeker is just too hard for me to pass up here. So I have an entire infield locked in Pete Lonzo Jazz Chism, Corey Singer, Devers, and Ronald d'acunya. I'm gonna have to start thinking about pitching pretty hard in these next couple rounds.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, but you have that leeway. I'm surprised that I went for Strida. If it wasn't Strider, I don't think I would have bucked my pitching trend. I was pretty set on just locking in my hitting for the first four rounds or so. But you know, I'd have done it if he came back to me one final. And I think that's again part of knowing who I'm drafting with. And you have to know that Kevin Gosman goes at five, ZHO three, Dylan Cease at five oh four, justin Verlanders. So a little pitching run here justin Mason. Are you going to continue it at five o six?
Speaker 4: I wasn't planning on.
Speaker 3: I was planning on doing kind of what the Welsh is doing, which was not take a starting pitcher in my first five picks. But I just feel like Brandon Woodruff is too good of a value at this point. I have him as a top five pitcher this year, so pat are getting him in the fifth round after I've already loaded up on heels like a steal.
Speaker 2: Everything is coming up Millhouse for me because Louis Robert is still on the board, so I'm loving this. I almost took him in the last round. Now he's still around for me. I think the projections are way too low on him. We gotta get arial Cone on the phone and see what the real projections are after wood or if Bryce Harper goes at five oh seven, which is nuts five eight, sureser Urius at five oh nine, this is perfect. So Robert, come to me, my friend, come hang out. And then I've got a choice here do I start looking at closers because Josh Hater's on the board. That's a thought I really like Carlos Rodon though as well with the Yankees. So I'm gonna go ahead and get another starting pitcher. So I got Strider, Rodin, Robert Rose, Reina Trout, and Vlattie starting this team. Gonna have to find some more steals, but go ahead.
Speaker 5: Very surprised you took Robert. I don't think I realized you're a Robert guy.
Speaker 7: Money on him, long shot, MVP last You're just like, you're like ooh Jacob deGrom Byron Buckster and they get hurt blah, and then just like Luis Robert, you're just so happy.
Speaker 1: Just a boy.
Speaker 2: He's still got a two in front of his first one hundred games. Ever, that's fine, He's just a boy. Shane Bieber goes next Schwarber cause Zach Wheeler and then six oh five, Justin Mason back on the clock with thirty seconds.
Speaker 3: I really thought you were gonna might be again by taking Josh Hater. But yeah, I thought long ah, yeah, easily, a top three closer would not surprise me. If he's the number one closer in baseball this year again after kind of getting all the off the field stuff worked out, So uh, I like Josh Getter a lot as a closer.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna buck my trend and not and go early pitching to go early closer too, that's just way too off. Joey p Brand like, I can't do that and still come do the shows anymore with a straight face. Jordan Romano at six oh six, Alec Minoa six oh seven, Starling Martee at six eight.
Speaker 1: Nice value. They're Welsh six oh nine, so.
Speaker 5: I definitely would have taken Hayter.
Speaker 6: There's still really good closers on the board, but in a ten man league, I feel like I don't I don't feel the necessity to reach, especially for a lot of these guys at fifteen Team Roto, like, you're gonna see me going for Hater and going Freedwin Diez and going for a class A would have been someone I really would have targeted. I just don't feel that way. There are two pictures I really like on the board. I don't have any, So I'm gonna lock up Christian Javier, which is above the player that the system wanted me to take. They wanted me to take Luis Castillo, and I'm staring at Luis Castillo, but ooh my guy, Zach Gallon is there and I just can't pass up. I'm gonna go Gallen and Christian Javier and get my two dudes and feel pretty good about it.
Speaker 5: Did I hurt your feelings?
Speaker 1: Justin?
Speaker 3: I have Zach Gallen as a top ten picture, a starting picture this year.
Speaker 4: I love Zach Gollan.
Speaker 3: He is on just about every single one of my teams so far, And like Joe mentioned, I've already drafted like ten teams already this.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, you did ten today probably.
Speaker 6: I was over at Dimonbacks camp today too, and I was like Gallen was there and I was like, oh, please throw, please throw, And then it was Madison Bumgardner and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, already, watch him take the peak.
Speaker 2: It's always a Bombloja Menez at seven o three atteleast Garcia seven oh four, Rutchman seven o five, twenty seconds from Mason left at seven oh six.
Speaker 4: I guess I'll take Louise Castillo.
Speaker 2: Perfectly fine consolation prize. Yeah, Carlo's career at seven o seven. Devin Williams Alex Bregman almost made it to me. Oh I really wanted Bregman. That would have been sweet. I really wanted that, but alas it was not meant to be. So now I've got to go ahead and take some pivots here. Take a look around at what's on the board. Uh, you know, I'm not gonna go closer here where he said that the suggestions it's telling me Max Freed already gone pitcher here, and you Darvish and those kind of guys. A lot of closers out there too. But it'said, I'm gonna go for some more offense. Is it too early to take Cormyn Carrol?
Speaker 1: It is? So I need stolen bases. Let's get some help here.
Speaker 5: Such it I'm done. I'm I was trying to hold my face and I was trying to be like, yeah, maybe it's a little too early. Maybe have Corbyn, you're the worst.
Speaker 1: You're the worst.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: It's something I've become accustomed to.
Speaker 2: And I still need some more stolen bases, and I need some help in the middle infield. So I'll take Tommy Edmond two and hopefully that combination will help put me over the top of this roto make up for some of the lack of stolen bases. And look, Carol's got some pop two. So we've talked about in the show many many times. Ryan Presley eight oh two, Framber is the color of my energy at eight oh three, to Oscar Ornandez at eight o four Mason eight oh five, forty seven seconds on the clock.
Speaker 3: All right, So I'm gonna lean into my punt batting average kind of strategy for a roto league and take someone who probably not gonna hit for a great average. We don't know he gets the ball really hard. The Babbitt could be. We know he's gonna hit a lot of home runs, we know he's gonna steal a lot of bases. And I'm talking about mister O'Neill Cruz.
Speaker 6: Hey, justin have you considered writing an article about punt strategy at all on.
Speaker 5: Fantasy You know what I have.
Speaker 4: It's on Fantasy Pros. You should go read it.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go read it right now.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about fan Tracks. Fan Tracks is the most customizable fantasy platform in the industry, offering the greatest fantasy experience of your Dynasty, Keeper, Redraft and Best Ball leagues. Create or join a fantasy baseball commissioner league, invite your friends and dominate your drafts this season, and the top dynasty fantasy baseball platform in the industry is fan Tracks. It's not even close. Go deeper with the Ultimate keeper and Dynasty leagues. Create a simple redraft league, or even in a customizable Bestball league with up to two thousand teams. If you're coming from another service, fan Tracks can import any of your current leagues and customize as needed. Ever, have a trade go wrong or mistake and dropping a player, fan tracks Commissioner tools allow you to undo any move with one simple click. Among the most trusted names in fantasy sports in two thousand and eight, whether it's football, baseball, basketball, hockey, cut college basketball, college football, golf, soccer.
Speaker 1: NASCAR, you name it, they've got it.
Speaker 2: And if there's anything lacking in your current fantasy league manager, fan Tracks likely has that too. Fantasy sports doesn't sleep, and neither does fan Tracks. With seasons running three hundred and sixty five days a year, there's a reason why fantasy players who try fan Tracks make it their permanent home for all their fantasy leagues. Sign up for free today and be entered to win an official signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior Jersey by simply going to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy.
Speaker 1: Pros and signing up today.
Speaker 2: That's fantracks dot Com slash Fantasy Pros for your chance to win that official signed Vladimir Guerrero Junior Jersey.
Speaker 1: Fan Tracks, the home of Fantasy sports.
Speaker 2: And now back to the action Max free at eight oh six you Darvish eight oh seven, Sal Perez Ad eight oh eight, Welsh eight oh nine, forty three seconds.
Speaker 6: Oh Kanye with the eight oh eights man. There's a great outfielder that's still on the board. But I also have an opportunity to double tap closers if I want, because I've kind of moved away from it. La la la la la, I am I can't. I just don't think I'm gonna pass up Springer. I don't care about the little injury tag yet We're gonna go Springer. Hopefully this guy Dansby Swanson under Jimenez, so I can come back. And I like the starting pitchers that are there, and there are a few closers that are still on the board. I'm gonna lock up a closer even in this ten man and I'm gonna go with Ryan Helsley with the Cardinals, and that's gonna be my first closer on the port here.
Speaker 1: All right, there you have it.
Speaker 2: After Hellsley goes to Welsh obviously, Swanson and at Menez went at a ten and nine oh one. Hellsley, Iglesias, Gunner, Henderson I was hoping made it back to me, did not. Wander Franco did not make it back to be either. Justin Mason at nine oh six.
Speaker 1: You are on the clock.
Speaker 3: Well, when you have the opportunity to stack an offense, sometimes you just have to stack the Pittsburgh Pirates offense. Until Ryan Reynolds, who just underrated this draft season, I think people are downgrading him being on the Pirates. He may not even be on the Pirates will come open. You could be on the Dodgers or the Yankees for all we know. But I actually think the top out that Pirates lineup is gonna be pretty decent with Reynolds in it. So I like Brian Reynolds a lot.
Speaker 2: All right, So after Reynolds, Musgrove a bray you bogarts. Now it is to me looking at some of the pitchers that around there too, you can try to bolster this rotation of mine a little bit. I've been talking a lot about seven renals, so we have to put my money where my mouth is.
Speaker 1: An entry on him.
Speaker 2: But Tyler Glass now sell out there as well, So I'm gonna go take him first here and then kind of take another evaluation on the board. I was hoping Henderson would make it to me, but unfortunately he did not. Looking around here again at the needs of my team, still pretty open there at the shortstop, third base, could use some infield help as well outfield. I'm good. I'm good on the outfield. We also have two utility spots here. Also, still some warm bodies there at shortstop that I think are pretty darn good. I think I'm gonna go in for the power here. I'm gonna go take Willia Domas now might.
Speaker 1: Be a little bit of a reach. Oh didn't give me the reach. Look at that the draft wizard didn't yell at me for a change. I'm nice. I'm gonna ye.
Speaker 5: You are annoying. I annoy you.
Speaker 6: Are they we should have like a little We need a bot. We need annoying Joe bot that we can make a part of draft wizard that like somehow you can input and it's like if your friends take these players annoying.
Speaker 5: Joe Bot comes in.
Speaker 6: And he's like, hey, it's like a South Park, like the Canadian Like everybody, I'm wearing my.
Speaker 2: Canada shirt today to be fair, just say, you know, to be fair. All right, let's go catch everybody up on the draft. Robbie Ray, Felix Matti's the Byron Bucks did at ten o four and then tenno five Justin Mason with twenty six seconds on the clock.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm a little bit warm, and I'm gonna try to hope that the guy I really want comes back around to me. It didn't work out last time, but this time it's the Welsh on the turn and not Joe. So uh, I'm gonna take Nathaniel Lowe, who's just a guy who made some really really good steps and closing holes in the top of his swings. So I love Nathaniel low It's kind of a good power source.
Speaker 5: What did that mean, By the way, what do you mean? I'm on so.
Speaker 6: Locked Your guys gonna be back there because I'm on the wild.
Speaker 1: Funny Joe did it last time?
Speaker 4: Joe did it last time. So he trust you more.
Speaker 1: I trust you more.
Speaker 4: We've known each other for longer.
Speaker 1: Sir, Wow, Wow, look at that all right?
Speaker 2: So, Kelly Jansen, Tristan McKenzie, Pasquentino, the Welsh, you are up next.
Speaker 1: And just for the record, Lowe is one of my dudes. I love that pick, Mason.
Speaker 2: I think these was there a more underrated unhralded twenty seven home run season last year than that guy, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 6: Now you guys got some sneaky picks in there. I was actually going to I wanted Willia Domas. I was gonna lock in one of those first basement because we got those utail spots. I can't pass up Tim Anderson here. I think it's too good of a value. I was already looking at a short stop. We get Camilla Deval and Willem Contreras. This is back where I'm a little bit torn. I got an sp that I really want, and there's a reliever that I really want.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna take the risk.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna take the starting pictures since I've only got two, and you're gonna give me George Kirby all day every year.
Speaker 2: So I figured the Kirby pick was coming pretty soon. So after Tim Anderson, Camille Deval, William contrerast, then George Kirby, Hendrick's Webb, and then Mason's up at eleven oh six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so the guy wanted came back to me. It's the guy that I think is gonna have a major breakout this year, and that Saya, Suzuki.
Speaker 1: And Welsh loved this.
Speaker 5: That's a great pick.
Speaker 1: He was.
Speaker 3: He was the only player in Major League Baseball in the second half last year that at a top twenty five barrel percentage and a top twenty five zone contact. He's going to break out this year.
Speaker 2: All right, there you have it, Ayes, I definitely need to get some sort of saves here, So at least I'm gonna take Clay Holmes here. Gave me the reach alert seventy one percent chance we would make it back.
Speaker 5: I'm not so sure about that. That's why I was considering taking Joe House.
Speaker 1: He ain't making it back to me.
Speaker 2: So looking at my roster right now, so I've got first, sick and short locked up. Still looking at third and then the corner middle infield spots. Still pretty good on the outfield the suggested pick right now is actually a guy that I wanted to consider before. So I'm going to continue to drive home the Yankees' pitching staff. I guess that's what I'm gonna have here. I'll have Holmes, I'll have my boy, Carlos Rodon and Luis Severino. So there you go, Severino on the team with Tyler O'Neil, then Reyese, Hoskins, Logan Gilbert. So the Mariners are gone. Justin Mason, he's an old Mariner himself. Twelve oh five, you were actually the model for the Gordon's Fisherman. I don't think a lot of people knew that.
Speaker 4: It's very, very true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're kind of like you're kind of like the poster child for modeling two for Fantasy Baseball.
Speaker 1: That's actually say.
Speaker 5: You're a great model. You've always modeled for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we now have sold I think five total Justin Mason bathing suits. So like you're only seven away from doing a calendar, Joe.
Speaker 1: I will get on that right after the show.
Speaker 6: You guys have a Fantasy Pros big meeting, corporate meeting together. Maybe you could surprise everybody a little Yeah, Justin Mason bathing suit come out right.
Speaker 2: I'm all for that calendar whenever comes out eighteen seconds on the clock.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm gonna I'm gonna take a closers to kind of go into this closer run a little bit and grab David Bednard just stacking those pirates.
Speaker 1: Great, there you go, man, you love your pirates. I love this.
Speaker 2: Stay in ar brand uh Stephen Kuan at twelve oh six. I know Welsh is super upset that he can't take him twelve oh seven, Kirk Jeremy Pania and the Welsh at twelve oh nine.
Speaker 1: Okey doke.
Speaker 6: I got quite a few players, bet I mean Bednar was definitely in the like near the top of the list if ten teams league. I feel a little bit more comfortable with this again with the saves. Even if I'm bottom bottom barreling, I'm not too too worried about it. I got two outfielders, I've got a couple of util spots.
Speaker 5: I still got to.
Speaker 6: Fill up this offense and only three starting pitchers, which is kind of where my conundrum is. So I am gonna take one of my starting pictures. We talked a lot about yes, he's my impression, but he had one of the best, most phenomenal second halves, and if he just stops wearing that change up, I think we're gonna be elite. Blake Snell into the rotation for my fourth SPU. We had Wilson Contreras and then MJ. Melendez, and that left pretty much everybody else that I was vying for. And I'm looking at the outfield and there's quite a few guys that I am locked into. I've I'd be okay with this with Jake McCarthy, but you've got Christian Yelich's still out there. And we also talked about Taylor Ward on the bounce back, and there's a few other players here, but we're at pick one twenty two.
Speaker 5: I kind of feel.
Speaker 6: Good about having a little double double on Christian Yelich. So I'm gonna lock in Christian Yelich as my third outfielder. I think I've take off a lot of the mitigated risk that comes with Christian Yelig and if I get even the projected fifteen to fifteen, I feel good because I don't think Jake McCarthy is going to have the power output that most projections do.
Speaker 2: All right, Contrerists Melendez go at the turn. Then you took Yelich Santander Goes at thirteen oh three, de La Cruz at thirteen oh four, Kershaw thirteen oh five, Justin Mason at thirteen oh six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I need a third starting pitcher to go with the two that I've gotten so far. In there's a guy who has been previously a top twenty five, top thirty starter before started the year flow last year but ended in the second half. He was again a top twenty five starter, proving in the first half was not age, not degradation and skills, but just you know, getting over that injury.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Lanceln. So yeah, love me some Lancelin.
Speaker 2: One of my sleepers on yesterday's show that we recorded. I just you know, the guy was tremendous over his last fourteen starts. First seven that as bad as you could possibly be. After that, it was all fine. Trevor Story at thirteen oh seven, that's a that's a bad pick at the bot there. I'll have to scratch that out. One hundred Green at thirteen oh eight, CJ Cron at thirteen oh nine. Then it comes back to me, Oh goodness, cratious, what do I want here. You know, this is the point time where you think you just start taking the best guys on the board that you feel comfortable with. I'm gonna go ahead and take Torus because it needs some more help in the middle infield. He should not still be on the board. So get a price and force there. I got a steal with the three claps. We love that pick. There you go, Joe Ryan. Next up for me. Continue to build that pitching staff out as well. So I am now has there.
Speaker 6: Been Has there been a pitcher by the way, Mason that has had more love in the last five days in Joe Ryan. I feel like it's been the Joe Ryan Show. It's so funny, how like there's this turnstyle of fantasy analysis that goes on, and like, Joe Ryan is the cup right now, the cup of tea that everybody wants to sip from.
Speaker 2: Well, let's pause the draft to talk about that for a second. Mason, what do you think I know he had nick on the other day. His his po ug stat on Joe Ryan was four forty eight.
Speaker 1: Does that bother you at all?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Does a four to forty eight plug bother you?
Speaker 4: I have no idea what that means, So.
Speaker 5: What do you mean you don't know that you don't know what the plug is.
Speaker 3: I don't know what You're not plugged in. I'm not plugged in. I am a lifetime member to Pittreless Plus, but I do not know what the plug is.
Speaker 1: My biggest issue with with Mason. Don't feel bad because it's not going to make it up. It's not.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing a thing this year where we are. We created a statistic called x plug and we wanted to see if we could trip up Nick Pollock with it yesterday. Now, of course Nick is a true professional, so he was not tripped off. He recognized right away and he was, you know, giving us crap, And I said, you passed the test, so now you get to create your own. So he wanted it based off pictureless.
Speaker 1: He thought you might, yeah.
Speaker 6: There's the LVG that was on there and change it to plug so we can.
Speaker 2: Still maintain it. So, Mason, you also passed the test. So that'll pause real quick. We'll get some of your questions in the chat. You now can create a new statistic of your own and make one up for our next guest on the next show, and I'll look at and see who that's going to be in a second. So Joe Ryan, think about a stat and at the end of the show you can create a new statu or you can continue the X plug or the plug or some version of that if you want.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is Jason Collette.
Speaker 4: Actually, who's going to be on Oh perfect perfect.
Speaker 2: Think about long and hard Joe Ryan, give us your thoughts about him, and I'll unpause this draft.
Speaker 3: I like Joe Ryan a lot. I think the only concern is with his fly ball percentage. If we get a live ball this year, if everybody gets the Goldilocks balls, how many of those balls are going to go out with the park?
Speaker 4: So that could be a real big issue for him.
Speaker 3: Let's see, Oh, it starts in fifteen seconds, so I got plenty of time, got plenty of time.
Speaker 2: Also, Brian C in the chat says as Welsh, he looks thirty but uses phrases from the eighteen fifties. That's because he was on the original Oregon Trail. Why is Harper so low, Well, because he's missing three months plus. Yeah, I mean that's I'm not touching him near ADP. I think it's crazy and the bookish Brian, What is the latest you have taken a picture this year?
Speaker 1: Joey p for me.
Speaker 2: Usually I don't go past the fourth. After the fourth round, I'm locking in pictures. But again, it was more of the specific picture here. But I'm okay, especially in these ten teamers, to push that envelope because I really love the guys from SP ten to SP thirty, Like that range is so much fruit, all right, speaking of delicious fruits. I don't know if that transition makes sense, but justin Mason, you're back up to make a pick. Christian Walker gone, Bassett gone, McCarthy gone. At fourteen oh four, fourteen oh five, you are up with twenty three seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna take Taylor Ward. I just feel like this is too good a value. I believe in what we saw in the second half or when he was healthy last year.
Speaker 4: So I'm a big fan of Taylor Ward this year.
Speaker 2: Max Munsey goes next. Nick Casti I was at fourteen oh seven. I thought he would last a little longer. I like him on the bounce back fourteen oh eight. Sean Murphy Chris Welsh fourteen oh nine.
Speaker 1: What do you got?
Speaker 6: I gotta tell you that comment. I when I read that comment live of I look in my thirties, but I absolutely died.
Speaker 5: That got me.
Speaker 6: That was a good one, and I appreciate someone saying that I look in my thirdie still because that's.
Speaker 1: Were of the old timey sayings.
Speaker 6: You were saying, I'm not like every about airy Sash Parrell air.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nice? Sest bro. I got my mock draft that.
Speaker 5: About that prohibition everybody. I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: That actually completely distracted me.
Speaker 6: One of my I've lost my train of thought on the whole thing. One of my pictures that is near the top one hundred over, I think is a fantastic value here. It's Nicolodola with the reds. I love Nikolado. I've talked a lot about the curve ball forty six percent wiff rate. I liken that. I think he can even be better than what Hunter Green is, and Hunter Green's a big candidate to bust out. Chris Bryant went for the next pick and then could tell Marte and I was looking a long heart at Chris Bryant.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have minded that.
Speaker 6: I think what I'm gonna do here, I've got a couple of pictures. I want to get another reliever. This isn't the best reliever reliever, but Daniel Bard still gets saves, and that's a little bit of a constant. So I'm gonna take Daniel Bard, even though I really like a few other speculative guys. But I'm trying to win this mock fellas.
Speaker 1: Okay, trying to win the mock.
Speaker 2: Stanton goes after Buard could tell Marte and Chris Bryant, by the way, went the term before in between Welsh's picks stand at fifteen oh three, then Freddy praul to at fifteen oh four, and the Fear of God was putting us yesterday by Nick Pollock on that show. Go check it out about Freddy pearl to the shoulder Ian happ at fifteen oh five, and Justin Mason up next with the next big You.
Speaker 3: Know, there's a picture that a lot of people are scared of because of injuries in similar ways to like Freddy Peralta, But I'm not very scared because all his injuries last year were really really fluky. That's Chris Sale who looked really really good after coming back from Tommy John surgery, but miss time with a ribb injury after falling off of a bike. I got here with a comebacker. I think he's gonna come out and just be electric this year. Give me all the shares of Chrysale.
Speaker 1: Okay, all the shares of Chris Sale. You can have them. I don't want any of them.
Speaker 2: Scott Barlow at fifteen oh seven, Ahmed Versario with fifteen oh eight, Giolito fifteen oh nine, Oh so close. All right, I'm gonna go ahead and just look, I'm gonna get hammered on this by the Draft Wizard.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'm taking andres Munios, just doing it. I need closer help, that's what I need.
Speaker 5: So went there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I was worried when.
Speaker 2: You were talking it up. I said, oh no, I'm not gonna gonna get him. Uh So, I got my fallback plan. It's not gonna project enough. It's gonna hurt me in saves on the Draft Wizard. But again, this is just projecting into the future. Looking at the suggestions here. Ryan Malcastle on the board, decent pick, Charlie Morton. I could certainly go there too. Brandon Nimmo also available. He helps me in a couple of spots as well, but I'm still a little behind on the power, so I'm gonna go ahead and take Ryan Malcastle and try to get another twenty five on Bronz. I guess what I got, the three claps again.
Speaker 1: Hooray.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Dougan told me to avoid those. But here in the draft, Wizard, do you want to get them? Ryan Mountcastle goes to me, then Corona Worth, Meryfield and Rizzo between Mason and myself, Scott Barlow, Ahmed Rosario, Gilito all off the board. So after Rizzo at sixteen oh four, Mason's up next at sixteen oh five.
Speaker 3: A little touring here, a number of guys I really like, but I think I'm gonna go back to the starting pitching well and take Jordan Montgomery, who again was fantastic, got through Wos, traded to Saint Louis, has the best infield defense in the majors behind him, a great park to pitch and still good, a great vision a pitch.
Speaker 4: Love Jordan Montgomery this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay Montgomery, followed by Stevenson Jesu's Lozardo great conversation yesterday about his ex blog on the show, Tony Gonsol in sixteen oh eight. Well you're up at sixteen oh nine. Well you are up at sixteen oh nine.
Speaker 1: Can you read?
Speaker 5: I am back? I am back.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 5: The whole world stopped.
Speaker 1: The entire whole world stopped. I'll stop the world that I'd melt with you. The difference.
Speaker 6: It's getting better all the time. Yeah, all the time, my friend. All right, Hopefully that wasn't too awkward.
Speaker 5: I am torn because I.
Speaker 6: Have quite a few players that I want and I don't know if I can fit them all in, Joe, so we are going.
Speaker 1: To into your team or into me. That was kind of scary.
Speaker 2: Second, like, you got ten seconds make a pick before it gets awkward.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 5: I just can't pass up Rowdy to us.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna lock that up with a big power. That one's going to hurt me because it's going to take someone I really want away. Your Henniel Suarez Alexis Diaz went another of the kind of last remaining big closers that are on the board.
Speaker 5: As far as pictures go.
Speaker 6: I've got one, two, three for five starting pitchers, two closers. I want to shore up a little bit more. And there's a couple guys that I really like on here, plus another hitter, but I think I can sneak him in. I'm gonna go with Charlie Morton, old but assured with the strikeouts. Give me Charlie Morton in here, and I will cross some fingers that things come my way.
Speaker 1: All right, So old man Morton goes in between.
Speaker 2: You had Suarez and DS off the board seventeen oh three. After Welsh takes Morton, you get Fairbanks Andrew Vaughn, one of my guys, my sneaky picks. He is off the board, and you go Horner off the board seventeen oh six. Who's off the board next An onto Mason's team.
Speaker 4: Ooh, I'm really torn on a number of different guys. Here's a torn here.
Speaker 1: Everyone's torn up.
Speaker 5: Everyone's really emotion Natalie and bergbay Man very very much.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a little bit of I think it's gonna be a reach to the family to pro software. But I really like Jonathan India as a bounce back guy this year. I'm gonna hit high up in that red line up in that part, really really interesting.
Speaker 4: Got a target at a week position at second base.
Speaker 2: Okay, So after Indie Duran Diaz Nimo, I like that pick too. I think Indians a great value there all right, seventeen ten looking around the house, seeing what's available here.
Speaker 1: It's telling me to take Seawall.
Speaker 2: But I'm not gonna do that because they've already put my money where Munnos is, so I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 6: Clerk, I'll tell you, Joe, I have been overt rangers Camp a whole bunch. Jose Leclerk has worked with all the main starters and has been treated very much in closer variety over Barlow over there.
Speaker 5: Just if it means anything to anybody.
Speaker 1: If they're curious, it does and not.
Speaker 2: He's one of my fallback closers and that's actually who I was lined up, but gave me the reach.
Speaker 1: But that's okay.
Speaker 2: I'm at peace with that. Looking around at what is needed continuously on my team. Now, I'm trying to fill the rest of the roster spots. I still need a third basement, and boy, that third base well does dry up. It is gross out there.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: You always get to that point of draft where you make a pick and you hate it, but because it's Rodo. I need more power here too. I'll take the twenty nine homers in the A three RBIs or whatever he's gonna give me an suffer Matt Chapman's batting average and hope for the best here.
Speaker 1: It's gross.
Speaker 2: In a head to head, I would never do this, but in Rono, hopefully the ebbs and flows will not be too bad. So I'll go ahead, and I got a steal, so I'm I'm back in the game here. Polonco, Hannager, Renfro starting to think Hanneger and Renfro were becoming one person this year, getting that feeling, wellsh I feel like they're.
Speaker 6: Atle bit more powery. Yeah, I mean they might be two guys where it's like if they were one guy, it would be a monster fantasy asset.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They they might play eighty five games between them two Jeff.
Speaker 5: Foo and Hanniger like the same player on the same team.
Speaker 1: Confused, Mason, you're up at eighteen oh five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I need a little bit more power too, So I'm gonna grab a guy who we know has power as any full time role in Cleveland, and that's Josh Bell.
Speaker 1: So okay, Josh Bell.
Speaker 2: Next here for Mason. Let's continue on and see what comes next, bringing up the board. So after Mason takes Bell, then you get Pablo Lopez, another one of my guys, Brandon Allow at eighteen oh seven, Louise Arise at eighteen oh eight, and then the Wow Shitt eighteen oh nine.
Speaker 6: So my plan has worked. These are my guys. You should be able to guess if you listen to anything I do anywhere, of the two players that are about to come, because they're both available. I don't expect the system to love these because they're not quite showing up, but I have to have them. And I'm actually gonna be sneaky knowing this platform that Jeffrey Springs is much higher than the next guy I'm taking. And if you don't know I'm taking Lars Newtbar next, then you don't know me. As Dustin May and Merle Kelly just went. So I am running running to the draft room to get my large newbar and I locked up both players, and I literally couldn't be happier.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I almost took Springs when I felt it.
Speaker 5: I felt it residently going to and I was like.
Speaker 1: Look, I don't want Welsh to just walk off the show. That would just be upset.
Speaker 5: I felt it coming, man.
Speaker 1: It was close.
Speaker 2: Dustin May at eighteen ten, Merle Kelly at nineteen oh one, then the newt Bar is open for Welsh at nineteen oh two, Luis Garcia nineteen oh three. Verdu Go bright like a diamond in his mouth. Boy, that was the way to spend your money there, right, Astrat at nineteen oh five, and Mason at nineteen oh six. You saw those pictures, right, well, she saw the Verdugo.
Speaker 5: And oh yeah, yeah, yeah, girl, Okay, yeah. It was a little abrupt how you did that?
Speaker 1: It caught me off guard, very upsetting. Well, it's a little abrupt.
Speaker 2: When I saw it on the social media and it was a little a little scary, I was like, wow.
Speaker 1: Well look at that. That's a lot. All right, Mason, who you got here? Fifteen seconds?
Speaker 3: I'm taking Brady Singer, another one of my guys. I like him as a pitcher. I don't know that the system's gonna like him as much for me, but I think he's going to be a top thirty thirty five starter this year.
Speaker 1: Love that pick. I think that's a tremendous pick.
Speaker 2: There By you Justin Mason, beautiful work as always, all right, So I got some utility spots here left to put out there. You know it's gonna take up solid player. Ty France is a solid player. It's a suggestion. I like ty France.
Speaker 1: There. Oh, I got another steal on draft Wizard's liking me. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I never win the draft. I'm like second, third, fourth place. I never win the draft. Don't know if it's going to be the winner this this one today we shall see. I don't like Alec Bowman. I'm not going to go that route there. I do need a catcher. I tend to wait on catcher for quite a while. But last we are getting towards the nitty and the gritty here, as it were, Oscar Gonzalez is out there looking around to some other players here, Cabrian Hayes, well, not a big fan of the Wells, dried up.
Speaker 1: Boys and girls. I just go ahead and take some more steals too. Could do that here with Von Griss and that's interesting pick there Coast to take Miranda, Josh Naylor, all those guys out there. But I don't know. It's so many ways to go. It's only fifteen seconds. Oh, the time is going on me. What will I do. I'm going to go ahead and I'll.
Speaker 2: Take another picture here and I'll take Garcia and just continue to round out that staff here a little bit. So give me Garcia and Houston. I don't love that pick. I'm not happy about it. I got forced in the time who we had him, and I had him in the queue and I thought, Okay, he'll make it to the next one on me, you know, I thought for Joey, he's.
Speaker 1: Moving up, he is moving up.
Speaker 2: So now I'm mad that Senga goes right after Seawald, so he was the one in the back pocket and then someone picked my pocket.
Speaker 1: So I'm mad at Team eight.
Speaker 2: Raspisen at twenty oh four, Justin Mason up at twenty oh five.
Speaker 3: Well, when you're drafting this point of draft, it's just gonna tend team league. What are you shooting for? You shooting for upside, shooting for a guy who could just absolutely explode. I'll give you first round value this late in the draft. There's one guy that can definitely do that because he's been a former first round pick.
Speaker 4: That's Cody Bellinger.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, the Cody Bellinger. I'm so mad about code I Senger right now. I can't believe he didn't make it back to me.
Speaker 1: I'm so mad about that. Oh now, that's that's it. That's it. That's where the draft ended.
Speaker 2: By the way, everybody, don't forget if you're watching, I'm sure you subscribe to the Fantasy Pro's YouTube channel on MLB, and don't forget if you drop a comment here in the chat, we're gonna pick somebody lucky to win a free upgrade our premium product of Fantasy Pro, so make sure you check that out as well. Let's go to the next selection on the board. Justin and Mason just took Cody Bellinger, then Miranda Lemayhew Drury Welsh up with twenty eight seconds and twenty oh nine pick.
Speaker 5: I'm this is not my guy.
Speaker 6: Guys, but we're at one ninety nine and ky Brian Hayes has not gone and that's third base stinks and I get some stolen bases.
Speaker 5: I'm just not going to pass that up because I.
Speaker 6: Did want Jose, Miranda there, Brios and Molly went right after that.
Speaker 1: Woh.
Speaker 6: By the way, system says that was an eighty three percent reach. On key Brian Hayes.
Speaker 1: That really wild.
Speaker 6: That sounds broken, that's crazy, that seems broken, that's wild.
Speaker 2: The power projections are very low for him. But look, you know it's you stop Justin Mason from taking all of the pirates.
Speaker 1: I think that's the only good thing.
Speaker 4: Well, I couldn't afford to take another pirate.
Speaker 2: Legitimately, Jose Burrios, Tyler, Molly Welsh up at twenty one oh two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you talk about upside anytime we're going to start, you know, especially looking at pitchers that are rookies, it's not gonna help in projections. But this is a bench player. Grayson Rodriguez is an absolute steal at two o two for if he was going to break camp with that team, and I think he can push one hundred and thirty hundred and forty innings. And I was talking with you know, he know's got him in the top in the forty range as far as sp So this is a steel steel steel, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, So after you took Grayson Rodriguez, Vaughan Grissom, who I was considering in my last pick at twenty oh three, twenty one oh four, excuse me, I like Baueme Walker buller A twenty one oh five, Justin Mason twenty one oh six. We're into the bench realm now pretty much?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean the only guy who I mean, I guess wouldn't be on my bench would be a catcher. And I mean, I hate taking a catcher this early in a ten team league, but I guess, I guess I'll take Danny Jansen, who am really really good at the second half last year.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I look, if you aren't going to do it, I was John Gray who in my eye on he's gone, Harrison's gone off, all the all the Texas Rangers are gone. At twenty one ten, I'm still on tilt from the code I Sanga thing.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm just I could tell I can again, we can feel mad.
Speaker 2: I was like, I got this in my back pocket. He's still so low in ADP. I guess people must be listening to the show Welsh. That's all I can think of. Red Debt Meers will be on my team. I will take him for some pitching depths, and that was my backup plan.
Speaker 1: So I have to pivot there.
Speaker 2: Okay, now looking around, what the suggestion is Oscar Gonzales. It gives me a little bit of everything. That's the highest guy on the board. So I'm going to listen to the draft wizard and see if that helps me.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got another steal. That's a lot of steels, Welsh.
Speaker 2: I have never gotten this many positive reactions ever from the draft Wizard.
Speaker 5: It might be, oh, just a draft wizard.
Speaker 1: You may not in life.
Speaker 2: Life forget, however, Travis Darnault at twenty two oh two, and then we have Phillips Heeney Justin Mason at twenty two oh five.
Speaker 3: All right, so I was saying, you should shoot for upside. But what I need right now some ratio stabilization, and really get that. You get that from Miles Nicholas again on the Cardinals, getting that great defense behind him. Not gonna give a lot of strikeouts, but he's gonna give you wins, and he's gonna give you good ratio help.
Speaker 2: All right, So help with the ratios is on its way. Schreiber Bader Rogers goes next, Welsh at twenty two oh nine.
Speaker 5: You're up.
Speaker 6: Well, there's not a lot of good players left. That's the bad news for everybody. Most of the players that are good, they.
Speaker 5: Are far gone.
Speaker 6: So we're having to play a little bit of a reaching game here, and.
Speaker 5: I've got I have a util spot.
Speaker 6: I gotta catch you guys kind of ruin the catching anything I could do sneaky with the catching spot, unfortunately, so I can't play around with that. I think I'm gonna go with This might be a little of a Homer pick, but he has a couple of position qualifications stolen bases near twenty at util.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 6: Josh Rojas is one of my picks here. And then we have Lance McCullers and Tyler Anderson is in there, and then it comes back to me for just another group of not good players, like what happened? This is a ten team league? Where have all the good players and the cowboys gone friends? Because I don't see them.
Speaker 2: I don't know even a ten team league. And it's kind of crazy how that drop off is there this year. And we can only hope that the shift and you know, some of the other changes and some of these younger players a little bit more time in the big leagues, like that offense kind of rejuvenates in twenty twenty three, because if you're just looking at projection wise.
Speaker 1: It's kind of sour.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit. It's a little bit, all right.
Speaker 6: I kind of want to thinking about starting to get tricky around here. But I think there's a pretty good value on the board still at pitcher, and this can be another bench pitcher. I'm gonna go with Patrick Sandoval. I'm gonna lock in with the Angels.
Speaker 4: I think it's a.
Speaker 6: Pretty good upside, especially outside the top two hundred and I finally got some clappity claps with a seal, so Fantasy is very happy with me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, clappity claps for Welsh everybody.
Speaker 2: Joey Manes is at twenty three to oh three, Montas four, Pore Lopez next, Justin Mason at twenty three oh six.
Speaker 4: A little torn on what to do here.
Speaker 5: Name me one good player, Justin, Name me one good player that you.
Speaker 4: Well, you gotta remember.
Speaker 3: I'm used to I'm used to like fifteen, teen to fifty round drafted holds right now. So everybody looks good to me. These guys actually still play, so it's a different thing. I'm gonna take a guy that I don't think I've taken much this year. Oh you know, Actually, no, I'm not. I'm gonna go I'm gonna take another starting pitcher. I'm just gonna pretty much clean sweep the Cardinals rotation and take Jack Flaherty go get huge upside if he's healthy, could be a top twenty five starting pitcher.
Speaker 1: Do you think Flaherty is that guy?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Is that a risk that you are going to take? In some leagues on Floerting?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I've taken it a few times because it's going so late. Like it's just you know, it's a it's a worthy gamble. You just can't take a lot of risks, right, so you got to kind of pick and choose the ones you're willing to take, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So Kybert Ruiz goes next, then Hughes Turner up to me. I'm gonna go ahead and take Aidy Martinez Caauz. He shouldn't be on the board anymore.
Speaker 4: That's who I was gonna take too.
Speaker 1: Ah, some other interesting guy.
Speaker 2: You know, I still light on safe, so I'll go ahead and take Finn again and just kind of Grinn and Barrett here Cabrera, McMahon, Martin Perez, Justin Mason at twenty four five as we're getting to the nitty gritty here.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I think I need another closer as well.
Speaker 3: So I'm trying to decide between which of the two guys I want to take. I think I'm gonna go with Alex Lang. I'm pretty sure he's gonna get the job there in Detroit. He's got the best skills of the guys left in that bullpen. So Alex Slang decent, like you know, third closer.
Speaker 2: Okay, looking next here for you the Welsh. As I continue to move on, we have Lang than Guriel Jonaheim as we like to call him here on the show, Alex Cobb and the Welsh at twenty four or.
Speaker 5: Nine h Jonaheim.
Speaker 6: So I've definitely I don't care about the projections here though they're they're relatively favorable. And I started to get worried because this guy started to pop up and he started to show his face and.
Speaker 5: I did not want that to happen on here, and that is Oh did he go?
Speaker 6: Is that gonna screw me? Everything just got weird here. I am looking for Miguel Vargas.
Speaker 4: There he is.
Speaker 6: I don't know why he didn't go on my queue here Miguel Vargas a little bit lower as far as like lift goes, but he's gonna have that second base job. Projections are not nuts, hairline fracture and the pinky not worried about it because he could play this weekend. Give me Miguel Vargas as a bench bat. That is the best way you could approach one of those guys. And then then Bauer go and then back to you at twenty five two.
Speaker 5: Yep, and coming back here. Things are not easy in other world, shoe. Things don't come.
Speaker 4: Easy to us.
Speaker 6: There's still a bat to be had. I don't have a catcher, and I've already got two bench two bitch starting pitchers here.
Speaker 5: Gosh, I hate all these players.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna just lock this in, not that it even matters, but I'm gonna get my catcher. I'm gonna get yas money, grand doll. I actually saw Gabriel Marino today, But Carson Kelly is still their kind of big catcher that they're working with. He was working with everybody as he's gonna be out there, but he's not gonna be the number one catcher. So yes, miney Grendel is the next best. I really really got.
Speaker 5: Kind of screwed on Catcher. I did it to myself being.
Speaker 2: Like, oh yeah, I did it to myself as well.
Speaker 1: I was gonna take Jansen when Mason took him, but and then.
Speaker 2: After that, I was like, well it's gone now, so I'm just gonna let it go. Josh Young, great pick there at twenty five oh three, Love that Ashby at twenty five oh four, Shawman, Andy Ah twenty four five, The Reclamation Project Justin Mason twenty five oh six.
Speaker 1: You're up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm just gonna go with the guy who's gonna best help my chances it beating you guys in this draft, which I don't know if that's gonna happen or not. But fanasy pros recommending, have you have your bias? You know, another one of those punt batting average kind of guys. I don't care about the batting average, but he'll give you everything else.
Speaker 4: So have you bias, my dude, Raider.
Speaker 1: All right, So bias is the next guy there? All right?
Speaker 2: So I have to finally and Barrett and take a Catcher here. Gosh, not a fan of any of these guys that are still out there. What do you think, well, I mean now you I mean Moreno, I know wasn't gonna help me win this draft. So to speak from a projection standpoint, SHA's the guy in Oakland, but it's telling me Christian Vasquez. So I'm just gonna go ahead and take the Christian Baskut was the guy that I've had in the past many many times. And it's fine. I'll go ahead and just throw Josh Nayler on the bench to there, just another bat here, and we'll see what unfolds. Melanson Suarez, Jordan Walker goes at twenty six oh four, Mason at twenty six five, your final pick.
Speaker 3: All right, I don't I don't think this guy is necessarily gonna help me win.
Speaker 4: Oh except for did he just go a? Is the question?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: I had that with migl Vigus, like did he ego?
Speaker 4: He did? I just got just got sniped on Jordan Walker right before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great pick, there you go by Robot.
Speaker 4: Yes, stupid robot. All right, No, I have no idea what to do?
Speaker 1: What about it? I did all these fifty player drafting, the players.
Speaker 5: Just so good.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I guess I could just like, you know, take like the best player left on the board.
Speaker 4: Right now, and that is somebody.
Speaker 3: I'm take Riley Green. Here's another upside pick. Uh, you know, like I don't know that he's gonna take a huge mass of stuff forward, but he could and I could win the draft, could.
Speaker 2: Win the draft and and the hearts and minds of the people. Sonny Gray goes next. Go ahead, Welsh, you're up for that last pick there.
Speaker 5: I decided to go with Indre beIN and Tendee.
Speaker 6: That was actually a little bit of a play to try to help my projections. I was watching some of the categories on Fantasy Bros. Cool thing you can do when you do the drafts. If you click over categories, you can watch it go. I was dominating hitting. Then I went pitching heavy, pitching up. My hitting started to come down.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 6: They don't like it, guys. I don't think I'm gonna get a very good grade this one, which I actually really like this team.
Speaker 1: I'm ad eighty six out of one hundred, So would they give you?
Speaker 5: I got an eighty out of one hundred because I really fell off. I punted. I punted batting average. Essentially.
Speaker 6: I think I was like the second to whatever worst here, and I was unfortunately beat by you. And it is a Travis DJO when we talk about what just happened with Justin Mason too.
Speaker 2: Justin Mason almost broke the Wizard ninety nine number one. That good?
Speaker 4: Is that good? Pretty good?
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Mason's good, very good.
Speaker 2: All of your all of your experience and your many, many deep hundred player leagues is shown here, which is why we wanted you on the show.
Speaker 1: We wanted you to show everybody the way to do it.
Speaker 5: So tell us the second aipot, by the way, he's like an.
Speaker 2: Let your draft the most to by the way, more than any other expert who was that.
Speaker 1: I'm just out of curiousity.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess it was Justin Mason. No, Josh Shepherd of Shepherdson of Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 4: Right there you go.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised that Justin Mason of Fantasy Pros doesn't like it the most. That seems a little weird, But yeah, no, I like it a lot. I you know, I play these games to win, and clearly I have won this game.
Speaker 1: You clearly had ninety nine about as good as it gets.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, I like my roster quite a bit the way it all panned out. Senga is the one thing that got away from me.
Speaker 1: Other than that, I'm happy.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up I get from Ariel Cohen and Pat fitz Morris, so there you go. Thumbs down from Scott White. Of course, Kelly Kirby hates my draft, she always does. I respect Kelly for the wonky penguin always hating my draft. Welsh who liked your draft and disliked you.
Speaker 6: My number one hater was also Kelly, Kelly just absolutely hating on it. The number one like was Jason Keamlowski with Fantasy Pros. He liked mine the most, and Kelly so Fantasy Pros loved and hated mine the most. And again I would tell you I ended up hitting positionally. I was fourth in hitting and seventh in pitching, so it really kind of went back and forth. Regardless of it. In a ten team league, I really like the construction of this team. I have power, I've got great stolen bases. I love the pitching. Maybe I needed to take one more closer, but in ten men you just have you have so much more flexibility. Funny enough, I gave you crap about Luis Robert what if I had drafted Louis Robert at five to two and drafted a short stop later instead of Corey Seeger. It says my score would have been significantly higher.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yes, Well, reminding everybody too, don't forget. We're not doing it today, but you want to get a chance to get a premium upgrade, so you can see a lot of the tools here on the Draft Wizard. Make sure you drop a comment below for that one year premium upgrade here at Fantasy Pros. And don't forget if you're playing on multiple platforms, you can set all of your lineups in one spot on Fantasy Pros. So if you got an NFBC team, you got a fan Tracks team, you got a team CBS, and there and here, one stop shopping. You don't have to go from app to app. You just need Fantasy Pros. It is a time saver, it is a life saver.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: You can also see all the free agent wires too, so our tools are better than anybody out there. So if you haven't gotten familiar with them, get to know them. Let's get to know Justin Mason's team too. See what perfection looks like because ninety nine. I mean, that's about as goods against Danny Jansen a catcher, Nathaniel Lowe, my dude at first base, Al Twove at second, O'Neil Cruz, it's short Manny Machado, Josh Bell, Jonathan India, Cedric Mullens, Brian Reynolds, says Uzuki and Taylor Ward. You know what's funny about this offense. It doesn't necessarily jump out at you and saying this is like, you know what I mean, Like, it's not like, oh my god, like this it's bangers. It's a lot of guys that just kind of get the job done, like the Cedric Mullins, the lunch Pale kind of Brian Reynolds guys, which I think is fascinating that it shows you, like, just try to get a good player at every spot and you're gonna have a good team. You have Javier Bayaz, Riley Green. Of course, Joel Tani he's pretty good. I'm sure that has something to do with getting a good Gray too. Two players in one does not hurt Brandon Woodruff, Josh Hater, Luis Castillo, Bedner, lance Lynn, Chris Sale, Jordan Montgomery, Brady Singer, Cody Bellinger on the bench with Mikolas Flaherty and Lang.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on this roster here?
Speaker 3: I mean, I love this roster. You know who doesn't like this roster is Joe Pizzapias. Gave me a thumbs down. You know what I love about this kind of team and like you said, doesn't like like scream of star power or like guys with like really big carrying tools and fantasy. That's sometimes how you want to build a roster. You stay balanced all the way through. In that way, if you lose one guy, it's not a massive hit to one category, right And this also kind of shows you, hey, punting batting average can work. I didn't finish last in the in the category, but I was able to load up all the other categories. Every single one of my hitting categories other than average was top three.
Speaker 4: It propelled me to the victory right here.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Well, she has Manti Grondel, Alonzo Chisholm, Corey, Seeger Devers, t Les, Tim Anderson, Ronald, Acunya, Springer, Yelich, the New Tabar, Cabrian Hayes, Benintendo. You do have some more star power obviously, Acunya Devers, chisholm Alonzo. That's some big star power there, Christian Haaveer and Rotation along with Gallon, Hellsley, Uh, Kirby Blake, Snail Lodolo, Charlie Morton, Daniel bar Jeffrey Springs, Grace and Rodriguez and on the bench Sandoval, I'm sorry, Rodriguez on the bench with Sandoval, Rojas and Vargas. So how do you feel about this roster? Looking back on it looks pretty solid. This seems like a Welsh team to me.
Speaker 1: And it seems like Welsh is on mute because he is a professional here.
Speaker 5: I am on percent on mute, yep, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Did you know I wrote an article about not putting yourself on here. It's coming up on Fantasy Pros really soon.
Speaker 5: I do a video too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, this is one hundred percent of me. Team projections are not gonna play like super nice with rookies sometimes, and I do have to Miguel Vargus and Grace ro Onriguez, but they're on the bench. It's exactly what you want to do. Also, it is a little bit tougher in a roto format. This is always with mock drafts. You want to experiment, you should experiment with different draft strategies. I didn't take a starting picture until the fifth push comes to shove. That's really not necessarily what I'm going to do. But then the ten team, I feel like I have more flexibility. I think Christian Javier has a lot more upside. I think Nick was on here saying Javier was this year's Strider and then Hunter Green was this year's Christian Javier. I love Jeffrey Springs. I love Newt bar which is not necessarily on the rest of the crew here, so I don't have a lot of holes. The catcher things stunk, A stupid crappy catcher that really really stinks. But overall, I really like what I did, especially with pushing my pitching back a bit. Blake Snell and Nicolodolo at like three four SP that's pretty ideal. But you know, I'm gonna lack in the starting pitcher department because I waited, But yeah, sign me up.
Speaker 5: Even though I got an eighty grade, I.
Speaker 2: Gotta say, I mean, I got eighty six. But I like this team. Vasquez. Obviously, I'm hurting a catcher, but that's the catcher who cares Vlad Guerrero Junior, Tommy Edmund I got my stolen bases there in the rodo for Man, William Damas got some power there, Chapman again power. It's empty, but it's season long roto, so it doesn't matter wherever he ebbs and flows, Ryan Mountcastle Labor Corp. Is my trout A Rosa Rain or Robert and Carroll Holy cowwell, I love this outfield trout Rosa Rain and Robert and Carrol. I'll go to war with that any day. Jad Martinez and Ty France and the utility spots. I like this rotation too. Spencer Strider, Carlos Rodan, Glass, now, Severino Holmes, Ryan and then Munos Garcia La Clerk on the bench is Oscar Gonzalez, Nailor Debt Mers and Finnegan Mason.
Speaker 1: What do you think of that pitching.
Speaker 2: Staff here where I got the two Yankees and Rodn and Severino, Joe, Ryan Glass Now and Spencer Stryder.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts on this group?
Speaker 3: My only issue with that group is the injury risk that's kind of inherent in it. With Glass now, Severino Rodan, I like Severino Rodon a lot.
Speaker 4: I'm not in on the Tyler Glass now I love.
Speaker 3: I feel like he's gonna be one of these guys that is going to be going way too high. As we start getting into some of these bigger money in home league drafts that happen in March, people are realizing like or seeing the upside and not remembering dude has never thrown one hundred and thirty innings at the major league level in a season, and he's now coming off a season where threw like six innings. I don't want to anything to do with Tyler Glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Glass Night.
Speaker 2: I was one of those guys that I typically don't go for, but I went for the upside there because I liked how the pitchon was there already and I didn't have to rely on him as my number two guys my three. I'm a little more looking forward to that. I hope everyone's looking forward to to this weekend because if you haven't already, go follow Justin Mason over on Twitter at Justin Mason FWFB and go help out Potapaloos. It's a great cause with the game we love of baseball, trying to help folks and kids continue their love of the game. So go there be a part of it. Some amazing people are a part of this over a two day event. Mason does this every year for different charities and it's a fantastic piece. So go check it out. It's on the YouTube channel. All the information will be on Twitter about it, and of course Justin Mason might have written an article or two on Fantasy Pros. Go check them out too. I'm so happy that he's here with us now. Mike Mayer recruited and signed him. By the way, we rotsh on if you know that the recruiting process, I think it was a twelve pack of Marlborough and a couple energy drinks and that was about all it took.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a good offer though, and I put the Fantasy Pros hat on during National Signing Day and everything.
Speaker 2: So good, so good. What more can you ask for than that. I want to thank everybody for joining us today and again click that little bell for notification, subscribe and share this video around. Make sure you subscribe to our Fantasy Pros MLB channel.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: It's different than the other ones, and it's special because it's got me in the Welsh talking baseball every single day during the season. You can't get that. It's a wambam fantastic baseball show. You get every single day. We're gonna talk fantasy, we're gonna talk about wagering, we're gonna do dfs.
Speaker 1: We do it all there.
Speaker 2: So make sure you subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. We're almost at ten k subs. I want to see that get up there, So go ahead, tell your friends, tell everybody you know, and subscribe today and join us here at Fantasy Pros and.
Speaker 1: Check out the Draft Wizard. Go run some mock drafts yourself.
Speaker 2: I want to thank the sponsor of today's show, and that's fan Tracks. Head over to fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros. Move your leagues there or just start a bunch of new ones at fan tracks, the best place for fantasy baseball, and you could win a signed Laddie Junior jersey only at fantracks dot com slash Fantasy Pros. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for Mason and Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Baseball Podcast. Follow us on Twitter at Fantasy Pros MLB and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash FANTASYPROSMLB