Speaker 1: The Nikky Gliser Podcast.
Speaker 2: Zero Nicky.
Speaker 1: Here, I am Snicky.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Shower Podcast. I just didn't know Ah's part because she is busy right now. But she'll be on the show in just a second.
Speaker 1: I'm here. Brian is here? What's up? Brian?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Noah's uh, not in labor, but she is performing labor somewhere else.
Speaker 3: That. Yeah, I guess people might think that she's like been she's she's not even doing a baby.
Speaker 1: Thing, she's doing the work thing.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gets that time off though he'll be a baby. Yeah, it could.
Speaker 3: We don't know what's going on with her at the moment, even though she did just text me I'll be there soon.
Speaker 2: She's producing another podcast that's hosted by a baby. That's the new thing they're trying.
Speaker 3: She does do another podcast. I don't know if we talk about she does. She produces Amber Ruffin's podcast that Amber Ruffin does with their So if you want to support.
Speaker 2: Noah roughing around the Edges, it's called.
Speaker 1: No It's not, is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: It should be. That's a great name. Brian.
Speaker 3: How are you today? It's early there. I'm sorry we had to do early today because I.
Speaker 2: Had to go my usual sun angle.
Speaker 1: I know it's it's the natural.
Speaker 3: The ring light you have going on, which is the sun is not optimal. It's so early there.
Speaker 2: Yes, I've been watching a lot of new shows. I thought i'd tell you about please. Yeah, so the first regime, No, everyone's been talking about there.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's gonna get It's gonna be like succession for me. I'm gonna jump on when it's it's fourth season or something. It's Kate Winslet, and she just fucking kills everything she does, and she plays a dictator who is multifaceted, you know, like there's some moments that you like really empathize with her, and sometimes she's like a demon and like she's just it's just Kate Winslet being fucking good.
Speaker 1: Sure, that's what i've heard. Anyway, What are you watching.
Speaker 2: The Lady from Titanic? Yes, I'm watching this Netflix sci fi show that everybody's watching now called Three Body Problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everyone's watching that about China stealing our souls?
Speaker 2: Are Yeah, pretty much about China stealing our souls. China, China's involved, Communist China involved.
Speaker 1: Is it thick? Is it sci fi?
Speaker 2: It's sci fix. Yeah, why don't they.
Speaker 1: Do sci fi? Why not sci fi? Because sci fi?
Speaker 3: I never really think of fi as fiction. I just think of it.
Speaker 2: As a word like science. It's not science but fi. Yeah, that's a good point. It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess sci fi sounds pretty cool to say, and when it was when it was a channel, it was s y f y.
Speaker 1: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That was cool. What happened to that channel?
Speaker 1: I'm not interested in sci fi at all? Is it sci fi?
Speaker 2: I am realizing that I'm not very interested in sci fi at all either, because I'm watching this and I'm like, all right, I think, like the theories are interesting and the science is interesting, and like, oh, that's cool to think about, but ultimately I'm like, who cares.
Speaker 1: Document it's really is fiction.
Speaker 2: There are some historical elements that are real, and it's based on a book, and the science is like theoretically possible, I suppose. But what I'm finding with this show is that it is the first few episodes are riveting, kind of like Lost. Did you watch Lost?
Speaker 1: But I know I know about Loss, where You're like.
Speaker 2: Ooh, what's the mystery, what's going to happen, and.
Speaker 1: Then the Black Smoke Monster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the Black Smoke Bonster reprises its role for this this show.
Speaker 1: Oh he's back.
Speaker 2: He's back. It's his second role, and I was I'm bored. It slows down to a halt. It gets really slow, and it starts talking. It gets slow, like episode four, it starts to really slow down, and I'm like, that's.
Speaker 1: Very jump ship.
Speaker 3: That's where I kick the show off the board in the in the Arctic waters and say, by Leo, because I can't. I will not be disrespected of my time, just because I've already the fallacy of sunken cost I've already this far. I might as well keep going. No, no, you you jump ship.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: But so I'm dealing with the Uto situation right now, where I'm looking online for people saying like, man, it really slows down about I'm having trouble finding something. Everyone's raving about it. People love the book. And here's another interesting aspect about it, which is why I'm going and kind of like hesitant. That's created by the people who created Game of Thrones, Bennioff and Weiss and then another person. And I'm just a little nervous I know that they're very good at adas.
Speaker 1: Ben Kniehoff or Benny Hoff and the other I don't.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, just the first thing, David, I think.
Speaker 1: Is it really? Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So Benny Hoff is last name?
Speaker 2: Yeah I really all.
Speaker 3: These years thought his name was Bennehoff or Benny Hoff.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, his last name is b E n I O F F. And his first name is dat.
Speaker 3: You don't care for that. I don't care for that last name. It's confusing from me, but it's okay. It's he's allowed to have it. I'm allowed to not like it, and neither of us are wrong. Okay, I'm sure he doesn't care for Glazer?
Speaker 1: Is it glasser? Is it glass?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well I have a friend whose last name is Glazar.
Speaker 3: It's not glass spelled the same way. Listen, there's an S, so it could go either way, but that one's wrong. Okay, So you invested your time because it's Benny Hoff from Game of Thrones who let you down more than anyone's let you down ever in the final season.
Speaker 1: Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: So the thing that happened, Yeah, no, I was let down. I was betrayed, and yet they still feel like Bennioff and Weiss are very good at adapting shows from books. As long as the source material doesn't run out, they're gonna be fine. Oh right, that's what happened with Game of Thrones is the source.
Speaker 3: Martin didn't Why did they start thinking? They just thought he would be done by the time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Well, George R. Martin is truly the villain of this whole betrayal because he's the one that didn't write. His procrastinated until the show.
Speaker 3: Was a poor guy getting so much shit for procrastinating when he made How many books did he write?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 3: Okay, and they're like huge, Right, Well, the problem is the world. He's allowed to take a fucking break.
Speaker 2: Well, he took like a twenty year break, and during that time he's instead of writing Game of Thrones, he decided to write all this other shit. He wrote a Game of Thrones encyclopedia that allowed to the new shows based on other things.
Speaker 1: He was bored.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't have want him to stay in that genre he was. He was wanting to branch out. He wanted to do, like, you know, a flute album like Andre two thousand or whatever.
Speaker 2: Once I agree that he's allowed I feel like it's unfair to make like my cartoons. People are like, where's the next Tubby Wars? And I'm like, I don't think my channel is gonna like be do well with another Tubby Wars, So I don't make a new Tubby Wars basically, And they're like, but you didn't know.
Speaker 3: I know. I get that with roast jokes or people are like, do more roast jokes and I'm like, it's just that's a thing that I did, and I do it well, but it's like I don't. I don't want to pull it takes a different kind of ethic work ethic, and yeah, a different kind of space to do it, and it just it sucks. I think every artist has that has had some level of success in an area gets pigeonholed for that, and people want more of it and less of the other stuff that really they get mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you get mad when you try to switch, when you try to switch your style up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what what does Smithy sense?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and switch your style up, and if they hate, let them hate and watch the money pile up.
Speaker 3: Okay, here we are back at George Order. Martin had every right to take those twenty years off. Okay, so the we didn't even talk what the show is about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the show is a science fiction. I don't want to give too much away because most of it is like most of the best parts of it are the mystery of it and like what is happening. But let's just say it takes place on multiple at multiple points in history, with different scientists who are intrinsically linked by some kind of mysterious elements.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, I'm out. I just don't I don't care about fiction.
Speaker 3: I just even the regime, which I know is going to blow me out of the water.
Speaker 1: Like I know it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 3: I've seen some clips of it, and she's just sometimes people are so good at acting it just you'll watch anything they do. And Kate Winslet is one of those people. And that's my Succession was so good. I don't usually like scripted stuff, but the performances were just so subtle and yeah, compelling and real that you just can't help it. Jennifer Lawrence do just about anything too.
Speaker 1: I just like Succession.
Speaker 2: You feel like you're getting like an inside an insight into wealth, wealthy people, blood, wealthy power, it for me.
Speaker 3: For me, it was the way they talked, in the way that they like they they talked like normal people in conversation.
Speaker 1: I mean, not the way I talked.
Speaker 3: But I just felt like there wasn't there's ms, there's likes, there's sure. It was just it felt it felt like closer to like a reality show to me, and obviously it was. I forgot they were acting, Yeah there.
Speaker 2: I never thought about it that way. I think there was a violent of like reality show fans love succession, Well.
Speaker 3: The camera would be shaky sometimes right, like the camera would be like trying to stabilize to get a shot, or it felt like there was some sort of like fly on the wall, you're watching something you shouldn't be and I can watch script and I just it's not what I go veer towards regularly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're watching that. What else are you watching?
Speaker 2: Okay, So so that show I've I've finished the first season, much to Ali chagrin, who went on vacation to Portland and she was there's probably something she wanted to watch together, but I just went through, burned through the whole thing. Yeah. Else she was gone. The second show, which is historical thick, which we don't call historical fi.
Speaker 1: Hi fi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't call it.
Speaker 1: Do we call it? We should call it?
Speaker 2: We say historical fiction if we don't even have a short cut.
Speaker 1: For it thick. No, we don't call it high fi, but we can.
Speaker 2: Okay, So which is my cup of tea? I like that better because of what you're saying. It's like sci fi is not real and at least high fi. You're like, this really happened, based on something that really happened.
Speaker 3: But it also takes liberties. So what's the high fi you're watching.
Speaker 2: It's called We Were the Lucky Ones on Hulu and it's a oh yeah, neither did I. And I'm shocked that I didn't hear of it because this is like I eat this ship up like it's candy.
Speaker 1: Where's its set?
Speaker 2: It's a Holocaust movie or Holocaust television show, and it's follows one Polish family as they get dispersed when the Germans invade Poland and follows their plight through the Holocaust towards the end of the war, and it's kind of like succession. We're like, who's going to survive, Who's going to make it out?
Speaker 5: Is.
Speaker 1: It's so it's harrowing and.
Speaker 2: It's harrowing, emotional depressing. The performances are amazing and I just love I love high Fi. I love watching stuff about World War two and the Holocaust and just seeing what.
Speaker 3: We are the lucky ones on Hulu if you want to join Brian watching that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that so that show there that you can't binge watch. It's coming out one episode.
Speaker 3: At time, much like Lovers and Liars, which had a premiere episode on Monday. Premiere like Sneak Peak on but it is Noah's here to tell us that it is on the CW app for the peak and she's leaving again to go do her labor. We were saying that you were either in labor or doing labor and what is the name of Amber Ruffin's show, because we said.
Speaker 2: That you're roughing around the edges.
Speaker 1: It's rough and around that job.
Speaker 4: Great, you know what, I might use that for a segment.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's it's really good, so funny. So it's the Amber and Lacy Lacy and Amber show, Amber laid Amber and her sister Lacy Little.
Speaker 3: It's funny because they couldn't decide whose name was first so they both decided to have their names first.
Speaker 1: They're so co edited. But let's say that Amber did get it first.
Speaker 3: Yes, I will say as a person who has been in a duo before. With my show, you had to be there with Sarah Schaeffer and me, we had a you know, our.
Speaker 1: Podcast was you had to be there as my first podcast ever.
Speaker 3: And then we got an MTV show, and there was the thing of like Sarah Nicky or Nicky and Sarah and Nicky and Sarah just flowed better, and Sarah, thank you so much for let like I I was not.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think at the time I really cared either way. If anything, I just would probably want to be second because I didn't want the pressure of like this is or or I didn't want it to look like I had fought for it to be first. But thankfully it did. It did look better first. And it is cool to have your name first, you know, it just is, even though I I don't think I pressed for it.
Speaker 1: It just sometimes it just flows better.
Speaker 3: But Schaeffer and Glazer, if we would have gone with last names, Glazer and Schaeffer isn't as good as Shaffer and Glazer.
Speaker 1: That would have been and that would have been a different Yeah, but you.
Speaker 2: Can't have a show called Schaeffer and Glazer. I mean that's like I.
Speaker 3: Think, well there was a there was Franklin and Bash and that killed it a half season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sureshing it on Franklin and Bash. Wait three episodes?
Speaker 1: Wait can I tell you what I'm watching? Because who did I tell you I'm obsessed with Yesterday?
Speaker 2: No Yesterday?
Speaker 1: Noa con no but TB twelve okay, by yeah, what's happening to me? But I am like turning in.
Speaker 3: I I like want to watch football now, Like I almost went and watched an old game of football because I'm like really into football.
Speaker 1: This is what happens to me.
Speaker 3: There's a part of my brain that's a little on the spectrum that gets very obsessed with things and wanting to find out all the information about it, and it is just it is a character trait of people with autism. And I want to say that it's probably a little bit of a spectrumy thing for me because it's always been my way where I'd become intensely focused and obsessed with something. You guys have known it on the podcast, certain books that I have read thirds of I'm gonna learn a third of all the information there is to know about Tom Brady, which is much more than most people know. Ask me anything about Tom Brady, I'll tell you. I like, I think I'm close to being an expert if we're not talking total stats. I do know some stats, but I don't know all stats.
Speaker 2: What college did he go to?
Speaker 1: Michigan?
Speaker 2: Okay? What where was he born?
Speaker 3: He's born in in California, like, uh, like Santa Clarita or something, Santa Rosillita.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 3: I didn't send to Clemente. I don't know, somewhere around there. But he went and watched not USC games. Who was he obsessed with? And oh, he was obsessed with the forty nine ers, So I would say the Bear Bay area, like northern California he was born.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which quarterback did he replace?
Speaker 1: Joe Montanto? Sorry he benso bloodsoe?
Speaker 2: That's correct? Wow, that's correct. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: The joy I feel right now knowing a football player's name and like something of it is. I don't think I've ever felt this way, because it is it's almost like I fixed my postuterior pelvic tilt of my brain because my brain not since a child has not been open to any sports information or stats. And I literally learned this from actual interest as opposed to like I just want to be I just want to Taylor Swift knows now, so I should know, like I actually care now He's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he's he is incredible. He was my enemy for many years because he was the well because he defeated the Colts and the playoffs so many years in a row, just the top rating.
Speaker 3: Might be one of the greatest people to ever have lived. And I'm really I really do think he talk about someone who does. He does not care about being the goat, He really doesn't. He doesn't care about being MVP.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: He is only in competition with himself. And then he is such a team player. He's obsessed with his team. He doesn't really like the things that make him stand out from everyone else. He really just wants to win. He's obsessed with winning. He's very competitive, but he he's not a showboat kind of guy. Like think of all the other quarterbacks who and I would say Mahomes is kind of like this too. He kind of like keeps to himself and doesn't seem like a showboat to me, Do you think he's a showboat.
Speaker 2: No, he doesn't seem like to think he's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he like like there's some guys that start dressing differently and like carrying them such differently, which I totally I get and I would do that of like I'm hot shit, but Tom Brady just doesn't. He just seemed focused. And the cool thing about him is that no one, literally, no one in his past can even say like I knew this kid was.
Speaker 1: Gonna be great, Like, no one like.
Speaker 3: There's literally Chris and I always joke about how whenever someone gets famous and successful, they always say.
Speaker 1: No one believed in me.
Speaker 3: It was me against everyone and not And it's Lady Gaga, I'm doing an impression of like people told me that you're not gonna be a star, no one, no one likes to hear you. And there was like a Facebook group that says Stephanie germanad is not gonna be famous. So it was all people who were jealous, and people really did tell her like You're not gonna be great or whatever. But I think most people on the surface she was you watch old clips of her, there wasn't everyone. There were some people being like, you've got it, girl, there's no way. No one told her she'd make it. But kind of Tom Brady, there's not I've watched a couple of documentaries and a couple just you know, YouTube clips. That is really a person who no one ever could have predicted he get to this. Yes, they predicted that he'd be in the NFL. Yes he was gonna be in the major leagues for baseball, but he barely made it an NFL. He was supposed to be a second or third round draft pick, that's what they thought. He ended up being sixth round. He just it's just interesting to me when someone really had everything going against them and and no and like they try to scup or like scrounge up anyone for these documentaries to be like I saw it and I'm young.
Speaker 1: But like no one can. It's so funny to me. But he knew, yeah, and that's cool.
Speaker 3: He said to Robert Kraft, who you know, the first time he met the owner of the Patriots, who got him grudgingly, and the one hundred and ninety ninth pick overall, which is insane. I don't really know what these stats mean until I kind of read more into it.
Speaker 1: It's really really sad.
Speaker 2: He was picking.
Speaker 3: There's six quarterbacks for the Patriots that were picked before he was, and the team already has quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: This is like they.
Speaker 3: Picked six more and then him in two thousand or nineteen ninety nine or whatever it was. So he walks up to Robert Craft and he says, uh, Hi, I'm Tom or Robert Craft goes hello, and he goes hi, and he goes, oh, I know who you are. You're Tom Brady. You're a six round draft pick. And he goes yeah, and I'm.
Speaker 1: The best pick.
Speaker 3: I'm the best decision this organization has ever made. And I'm sure there's other people that have said that and they go on to it. Chris Oway says, you can't always go off of like this person knew, because a lot of people know and it doesn't happen. But that is pretty cool that he said that to his face, and robber Craft like remembers this young, kind of tenacious kid who was like, literally they picked six quarterbacks ahead of How That's what I want to know, Brian. How are you a six round draft pick? But then there are six quarterbacks picks before you? Wouldn't there be five.
Speaker 2: I don't think that the Patriots would have picked six quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: They did.
Speaker 2: The Patriots picked six literally, yeah, that year. I think that can't be right. There's no way that's right. This ticked out.
Speaker 3: I guess there were six quarterbacks ahead of it. Maybe I read it wrong and they but they there were six quarter There were six quarterbacks before him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six quarterbacks selected in the draft before him.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. I thought the Patriots that. I was like, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, that would be so crazy. That would be like the malpractice for the organization.
Speaker 3: I might I'm I'm probably wrong and I probably read it wrong, and it's six overall in the NFL. But anyway, I really really recommend people watching the thing I'm watching. And I know everyone's like, Nikki, shut up about Tom Brady. I'm already over it. Okay, I get it. I think you peep, especially girls, girls who were into watching celebrities relationships, particularly Tom Brady and Giselle.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: All we talked about when his documentary that he did, this Facebook watch documentary called Tom Versus Time, and all we talked about when that came out. At least, all I heard about was when he kissed his kid a little too long. Do you remember that he was getting a massage on the table, his kid came in for a kiss, and then his kid left and he goes, no, come back, you give me a real kiss, and then his kid like it lingered for like two seconds, two and a half seconds, something like that, and it made people uncomfortable and everyone made fun of him. I have reassessed the footage. I've watched it back. We have now called it totally acceptable. He is a loving father. The kid did not want to not kiss him. The kid was just like, I want to go play games. He wasn't like, gross, Dad, I don't want to kiss you. It was just like it was as if a kid was being told, come here and give me a hug. It was like, it's the way they show affection. It was not creepy at all. I've reviewed the footage and is we call it not creepy, completely acceptable behavior and possession goes back to Tom.
Speaker 1: Brady of the child. He can't yes whatever.
Speaker 3: I've gone back and watched and I was the biggest critic of that footage ever because I didn't know anything about him, and I was like, as a girl who used to have to kiss her dad on the lips until a.
Speaker 1: Very late age.
Speaker 3: I was very triggered by it, and my dad never meant anything creepy by it either, And so I've reassessed the footage as a thirty nine year old woman.
Speaker 1: And it's it's completely acceptable.
Speaker 3: He's a loving father and you would be so lovey to have a father like Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: We're gonna go to break. We'll come back with more after this.
Speaker 3: We're back by the way Lovers and Liars c w April eleventh.
Speaker 1: It all begins.
Speaker 3: Then it's pretty much F Girl Island, but it is or it's f boy Island but with girls, so it's f girl Island. As I've told you guys before, Brian worked with me on this season. He was so if anything funny, I say, it was either written by me or Brian, most likely Brian. He fucking killed it. So it's a hilarious show. A lot of my lines got in, I think to the sneak preview.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw that super cut clip that you posted.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see that because I could, I can't.
Speaker 2: It was just you doing lines like oh good, it's just nicky saying funny lines as the as the women came.
Speaker 1: In, thank you Boy Island fantas.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember what did I say? Three of you You're gonna have to eliminate three girls will be getting eliminated tonight? Or six boobs?
Speaker 1: That was of me?
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I don't even remember that one.
Speaker 1: I don't either. That seems like cancelable.
Speaker 3: Some women have one boob or three or three, so maybe it's two women going home. So uh yeah, F Boy Island or F Boy Island, which is now the spinoff F Girl Island, which is now called Lovers and Liars.
Speaker 1: Very confusing, but not It's called Lovers and Liars. It's on the c W.
Speaker 3: Check your those local listings, or you can just download the c W app now and be ready April eleventh, when the first episode drops.
Speaker 2: You can watch it on the c W app if you can right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, episode yes.
Speaker 2: One week on the app. You can get it one week early.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm really glad that marketing told me that. Yeah, it's on the app. I watched it. I started watching it yesterday. And these guys are so dumb. They have no clue about these girls.
Speaker 1: It's speaking of Okay, it's Benedict.
Speaker 2: Indianapolis comedian Benedict polite.
Speaker 1: See, sorry Polite See.
Speaker 3: It is CJ Weathers, who is on F Boy Island season three, who is just this adorable basketball player who.
Speaker 1: Is kind of just like he came in. He talks like this, and.
Speaker 3: He came tallder the water hot, so nice. He came in as an F boy on last season, and then halfway through the season he like literally transformed into a nice guy. We we all like he was crying, he was emotional. He actually admitted he wanted a deep connection and he's just been avoiding it.
Speaker 1: And he's just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Anytime I would ask him like, how are you feeling today, CJ, He'd be like, you know, Nikki, my my head right now, it's well, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: He goes, you know me nicky, and I'd be like, I don't see J. Well, actually at that point I did. We had filmed a whole season of.
Speaker 3: F Boy right F Boy three, and then we went right into F Girl Island. So I had known CJ for a few weeks. But he's like, well, you know me, sister Nicki. He started calling me sister Nicki, not like an a black girl, a afectionate way like sister. Like literally, they were like, I think at first they called me their step mom and I really didn't like that. So then they switched to sister as like here you go, Nikki, and so then he.
Speaker 1: Just called me sister Nikki.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and by the way, sister, meaning you're the the teen mom who had you that everyone's lying and saying it's your sister.
Speaker 1: So there is.
Speaker 3: That's how the boys referred to me as like a very very older sister is suspiciously too affectionate with them, and possibly as your mom.
Speaker 1: But they u but he would always go, you know, Nikki, you know me. He was like, it's all scrambled eggs up there.
Speaker 3: So he would often refer to his brain as scrambled eggs. I'll tell you, the hardest job in the world is getting the contestants of a reality show to tell you something different about their feelings before an elimination. It's always they're confused, they have no idea what they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: They thought the last one that's hard, this one's harder. And it's true.
Speaker 3: I mean, all these things are true, but like it's it's just the same thing over and over, and it's that that was the hardest part of my job was trying to elicit different emotive responses from contestants who are going through the same motions every week. Yeah, but it is, it's really it's it's gonna be so funny. It's such a fun season. These girls are lying to these guys, you guys, like some of these girls are so I've talked about it before with F Boy, how like I can't believe how much these people can act like they're in love and then turn their backs on them and like totally change.
Speaker 1: And and and and.
Speaker 3: Just I just I don't think I could do that for that long and be so convincing and pretend to be into these guys.
Speaker 1: But these girls got.
Speaker 2: Me, man, I got wild. And when whenever there's a revelation, when there's an elimination and then the girls have to say if they were an F girl or nice girl, I mean some of these reveals were like shocking and the way that they were a lot of the times, if you're an F girl and then she reveals she's an F girl, she's like she gets like celebrated angry about.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, it's totally different than F boy. It is. What's it called when men.
Speaker 3: King no, no, no, it's a thing we treat. Oh, it's a where Oh if women do that, it's fine, but men can't.
Speaker 2: Misogyny.
Speaker 3: Well, it's actually the double standard, thank you. It's the opposite of misogyny. It's like it's we allow women to get away with being mean to men more than men women. So this was something that was kind of delicate during the season, and I wish it wouldn't have been. I wish we could just equally be shitty on both sides and nice on both sides. But it's easier for people at home to watch women be mean to men, as we've seen on sitcoms, as we've seen commercials where the woman's always henpecking the husband who just hasn't called about getting the cabinets repair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: And so like on f Boy Island, a boy would get eliminated and he would like go off on the girls. Like sometimes there would be a guy that would like really be like, well you're not even hot. I wouldn't hit you with a fucking truck. Like they'd say some mean shit. Yeah, these girls once they were revealed, and we'd cut it because it's too mean.
Speaker 2: We cut it.
Speaker 1: It's too mean.
Speaker 3: I mean there were times where I was like, don't you fucking talk to her that? Like I would get upset about it. That was always the worst part of the show for me. Was my biggest fear if you've been listening to the show long enough, is men calling me ugly when they finally have been insulted in some way where they get go you know what, I don't even want to fuck you anyway after I reject them.
Speaker 1: God, you look like this. You have bad breath, you like you know.
Speaker 3: I had an ex boyfriend write a song about me having bad breath after I rejected him. I had a guy after I rejected him try to run over my foot with a car because I was getting out of He kissed me and I pushed him away, and so he drove me home ninety miles an hour.
Speaker 1: I got out of the car.
Speaker 3: Before I opened the door, he pulled off, so I like fell out of the car.
Speaker 1: It almost got like ran over.
Speaker 3: So I have like a lot of series and these are very minor compared to what men can do in retaliation when their sexuality is being threatened or like they've won a limb to make a move on a girl and they feel stupid, and then they get this surge of eng we all had it. You trip, and then you get mad at the thing that you tripped on the sidewalk.
Speaker 2: Like the sidewalk's weird over here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the fuck? Who left out that twig?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So so yeah, that's always my biggest fear when these guys get eliminated, that they're gonna be so mean to these girls. And I'm projecting because these girls actually can handle it a lot better.
Speaker 1: They're like, you call me ugly, No not, I'm fucking hot as fuck.
Speaker 2: These girls are super confident, yeah.
Speaker 3: They they Usually the girls that we have on the show are extreme. There's been a couple that have been as insecure as I am, and I love them so much for it because they don't even need to be.
Speaker 1: And I kind of saw myself and them like, oh girl, my god, you look amazing what you know it?
Speaker 3: But for the most part, these girls are really sturdy and did not care if these guys called them ugly when they were They're just like okay, bye like that. You can tell it didn't affect them later on, whereas me devastating, So I would always be like protective.
Speaker 1: But when the girls got.
Speaker 5: A eliminated, no one cared if they went off on the guys like it was a free for all of like youth like.
Speaker 3: You you're a fucking You're a fucking dork, You're you're.
Speaker 2: Stupid, and yeah you're not hot, you're dumb.
Speaker 1: I never like you're ugly.
Speaker 3: You your mama probably hates you, like just I mean, do they get brutal and I'm guessing they leave it in because it was funny. And these guys, actually, I will say Benedict as as as he has my heart because and let's throw in Casey to Casey the babyface assassin from seasons one, two, and three of F Boy Island, No not three, sorry one and two of F Boy Island, He's back looking.
Speaker 1: For love and I love.
Speaker 3: Casey so much. He is such a sweetie. Is he a reformed F boy?
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 3: Is he looking for love? I believe he thinks he is. Let's see if he finds it. I was very like shocked to hear he wanted when he said he wanted to have he wants to find someone to have kids with the show, I was like, shut up, what are.
Speaker 1: You talking about? You do, and he really does.
Speaker 3: He's such a sweety. I love Casey so much. I think I shouldn't reveal. Casey and I have connected over like drinking and stuff like that, and I think he's he's on the up.
Speaker 1: And up recently.
Speaker 3: I think he's really I think that kid is like gonna be something. I'm really proud of Casey.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Benedict, though, has my heart because he's a comedian and as Brian and I know deeply insecure insecurity is.
Speaker 2: It bet Benny.
Speaker 3: Benny, by the way, shows up on Lovers and Liars. Oh no, sorry, f Boy three, he was, was he on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He came in mid season on Foy three.
Speaker 3: He shows up so chiseled, he hasn't eating a carb in ninety months, working out every second of his life.
Speaker 1: He even admitted to all of this. Uh really trying.
Speaker 3: He was like, I have to be shirtless on TV for weeks, like I'm going to show up looking insane, and he did. He looks He's got the best body of any comedian probably since Kamil.
Speaker 1: Did Marvel Comedi Cameil looked pretty good. Uh, Matteo, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To think is better than all of them Benedict ben.
Speaker 1: And he's.
Speaker 2: Great body. But Benedict's body is almost like on a healthily.
Speaker 3: Trim Absolutely, he well, he talks on all of his dates, he talks about food, and because I've I've starved myself before too, Benedict, and it's all you want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Is like what what your food? You're gonna eat? What you did eat that day.
Speaker 3: So Benedict was on like a very strict uh diet cleanse type thing to get in shape. He looks amazing, but he's so funny. And he also is open about having hair transplant, which I think is just like so funny and cool at his age. And he's really self deprecating. But you know, as a comedian, I know that you often make fun of the things about yourself before anyone else can. So I know that, But in doing those things and getting ahead of the joke, he's not like this is open for everyone to make fun of He's just like, I'm doing it.
Speaker 1: So you please, don't you know?
Speaker 3: Even though when you do make fun of yourself, it seems to open up this dialogue that other people can weigh in.
Speaker 1: If you ever encounter comedian I e.
Speaker 3: Me or Brian, and we've made something fun of something about ourselves on this podcast. Don't don't go deeper into it in person if you ever meet us. It's just because even though it seems like, oh, this is something I can not that I've ever had that really happen. But Benedict, I will say when girls would even eliminate girls sometimes I could see his feelings get very, very hurt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rattled.
Speaker 1: We should have them on the show to talk about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should. He'd be great to have on the show talk about it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think we're gonna have him on when I'm in La coming up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the show is I'm excited to Marco. Marc was amazing too. Marco who was on f Boy three. He doesn't he's not in Lovers and Liars. But Marco, what is his last name?
Speaker 2: Fuck? Marco del Vechio? I don't remember, melk.
Speaker 1: Marco Delvacchio's not his name. I think he goes. I forget. If you looked up Marco f Boy Island, look him up.
Speaker 3: He's so funny. He's a comedian as well. I'm sorry, I don't know your last name, Marco. That is really not good of me, but I did meet you on a reality show where I don't know.
Speaker 2: Last name is Marco Delvecchio.
Speaker 1: Marco Delvachio. Okay, yeah, he I went.
Speaker 3: To so I I don't know if I even talked about on the podcast.
Speaker 1: I probably did.
Speaker 3: I did Tom Sandoval's podcast yes ages ago, six months ago, and he invited me to go to karaoke, right, I told him, and his friend gave me those earrings, the Taylor Swift earrings from the music video, not the exact ones, but the same brands that were like literally fifty five hundred dollars earrings and I can't even believe I own them. Tom was like, let's go do karaoke at Barney's Beanery. And I go to Barney's Beanery and Marco from f Boy Island three, which is how I knew him, and I knew him.
Speaker 1: He was a comedian too.
Speaker 3: He's like running that place, not literally, but he is like, it's the hottest spot in West Hollywood now, Barney's Beanery, which when I was living in LA in my twenties, it was like a shithole and no one would go there, and it was just a couple, like local drunks that would maybe be there in their forties or fifties, but now it is like the hot spot for twenty somethings. If you are in La go to Barney's Meanery Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: I think karaoke. It's such a turnaround.
Speaker 3: But Marco was running that place and he gets up and does as Boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He actually he reminds me a lot of a young Tom Brady. No, he got up and did a Backstreet Boys karaoke and I was mesmerized because he was dancing and singing and he's not a good singer, but he was one of the best karaoke performances I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: All about the performer, it's bringing that heart.
Speaker 3: It really was about the dancing and the choreography and just like the fun and like losing yourself in it. And then Tom Sandoval is also saying a song and had such a good voice. It was not okay, it was really intimidating. And oh okay, so can I just quickly go back to Tom Brady. I'm gonna just tie up this loose end. I'm so sorry. It's really all I want to talk about or think about.
Speaker 2: I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm gonna make this interesting for girls, because I know if I was a girl, I'd be like, shut the fuck up. First of all, tom Brady is hot, so open your mind, okay, and he's single now, so you can like imagine being with him. Like I know, when celebrities get married and stuff, for me, they just kind of go off even though I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 1: I just don't even like to, Like, I don't care about somebodies that are married.
Speaker 3: I guess cause I always fantasized like I could have like, ma'am silly. I don't care about them. I just if I have a crush on a celebrity, like a dumb is that Limbrens. Yeah, it's Limerens and it's bad. And I'm not limmering about tom Brady although I have. He has been in my dreams, not in a sexual way. We just hang out, but I.
Speaker 2: Have been to show up. That happens when when I have a crush on a celebrity and then she gets to a relationship and always.
Speaker 3: Like no, I literally unfollow them. I'm just like I don't even care anymore. It's it's it so goes against everything I believe. When like I I know that when I post about being in a relationship with Chris, I get less likes on that stuff, and I do sense numbers dropping off because there, And I don't begrudge people that, because there is a fantasy, even though I got yelled at you yesterday of like, you're never gonna end up in a relationship with me if you think we have some bond there, I understand thinking you might like It's happened on notting Hill. You know it's it's happened fictionally in nineteen ninety seven on a movie before where a normal person and celebrity end up together, and it happened to Julie Roberts with Danny Motor the cameraman.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we all know that.
Speaker 3: I okay, the Tom Brady. It's on Facebook, right, if you have Facebook, you can watch this for free. It is a documentary that came out in twenty seventeen. It is a docuseries. It really if you like documentaries and you like the same TV as me, kind of reality based but like with heart and seeming really real and not pulling back too much, like it's actually revealing some kind of vulnerable moments and spaces in a person's life. Even though it's produced by them, and I'm not talking about five foot one by Lady Gaga. I did like that, but I felt like it was like curated around, like this is what I want to show of my vulnerability, and oh don't I look cute crying here and Grandma, listen to this song, Grandma, my favorite thing that ever happened in a documentary, And if you've been listening the show a long time, you know about it. But you do have to watch five foot one or whatever, five foot zero, whatever her documentary was. She writes a song called Joanne about her dead aunt who she never met. She then she writes a whole album about this Joeanne. She believes she's Joanne reincarnated, her grandmother's daughter, Joanne, who died tragically. Lady Gaga, her granddaughter, believes that she is now her daughter, her other her Lady Gogga believes she's her aunt reincarnated because Joanna had like Joanne had a good voice and whatever. There's maybe some truth to that. It's not like they were born and died on the same day, but who knows. So then Lady Gaga writes a song called Joanne, which is a really great song. I actually love album. It's probably my favorite Lady Goga album. And she plays the song for her grandma in the documentary. It's so funny, you guys, you have to just go watch that scene. She goes to visit her grandma on her little grandma's house. She's like, Grandma, I wrote a song about Joeanne, and Grandma doesn't, by the way, doesn't talk about Joanne, hasn't talked about Joyanne since she died. Is not going to touch that pain, doesn't want to deal She buried her daughter and kept her room. That's like kind of you know, when older people don't want to deal with their pain, they don't talk about it. So here's Lady Gaga wrote an album, is claiming to be her daughter reincarnated, and then says, I really want you to hear this song I wrote about Joanne, and like, I'm Joanne singing this song about Joanne and her Grandma's like, okay, that sounds great, and it's kind of like I don't really want to go here right now. Like her grandma just wants to bake her cookies and talk to her about her feelings and not talk about her dead daughter. That she's been trying to avoid talking about for thirty years or whatever. So then Lady Gaga plays the song on her phone and like says, Grandma, you don't have to cry, Grandma, you don't have to cry. Please don't cry, and she's dying for her grandma to cry. I mean, you see in this moment, Lady Gaga's whole life is about getting, which I relate to is getting your parents and your grandma or whoever wasn't really that impressed with you as a kid, getting them to be like, wow, you are you did it.
Speaker 1: And she's holding the phone to her grandma's face and the more her grandma. Her grandma is just steal faced, not even giving her anything.
Speaker 3: And as the song goes on, she says, Grandma, you might want to cry, and you can, Grandma, you can cry like she's and you can tell. Lady Gaga is like, oh no, the scene is being filmed. Grandma's not giving any reaction. This isn't what I'm like, and she starts to like just scream at her grandma, Grandma, you can cry, Grandma, and Grandma does not give it up, and it's really awkward. Okay, so you should watch that scene. But Tom Brady Versus Time on Facebook. You just google it on your Facebook at app. I've never literally watched anything on Facebook. I go, this is on Facebook. It's the same documentary that scene where he kisses his kid came from. It is really, really well done. It is one of my favorite like docu series of a celebrity I've ever watched.
Speaker 1: And I've watched quite a couple, quite a couple two.
Speaker 3: You watched two of them, Yeah, and I watched all two of them, a lot of two of them.
Speaker 1: And I'm not even finished with this one because I like it so much. I want to take my time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it is every episode it's Tom versus Time.
Speaker 1: So it's all about Tom.
Speaker 3: In I think twenty seventeen, so it was probably like his he was going for his forty fourth fifth or fourth Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That's the year that they played the Falcons in the Super Bowl. Oh really, well the next year. It depends what season you're talking about here, but yeah, that was around then.
Speaker 3: I don't remember what season this is, but I know that what's going on is this season, it's either the Eagles.
Speaker 2: It's either the Eagles won the super Bowl that year.
Speaker 1: We haven't gotten to the super Bowl yet.
Speaker 2: Or it was the Falcons versus the Patriots.
Speaker 1: If we haven't gotten to the super Bowl yet.
Speaker 3: So I don't know, but they they go throughout the whole They go preseason when he's like twenty five weeks away, then they go show ten weeks away, but they don't go order.
Speaker 1: They'll like zip to the the you know, the playoffs, and then.
Speaker 3: They'll go back to okay, ten weeks before it begins in and you see it's Brian, you will fucking love it. So all the sports stuff is actually very interesting even if you don't care about it, because it's actually dealing with Every episode goes like Tom versus Emotions or No. Every episode is the blank game, the family game, the emotion game, the heart game, and so it talks about each game he plays in his life that he has to balance around. And this is also around a time where he is realizing there may be more important things in life than football. And there is a scene in the episode called Tom versus or the Emotion Game. Oh, and then there's also one that's like social, the Social Game, and it talks about his friendships with all of the guys on the team and they do this little like camp. He does like a three day camp thing with you know, Gronk and saying, uh Edelman, Julian Edelman, Edelman and someone else, and that's a really cute.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Wes Welker was also.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, no, hot guy's name the really hot guy, Jimmy Jimmy Garoppolo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the other quarterback.
Speaker 3: Dude, that guy is that guy's hot.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I remember that way before Chris and I got put together, I got into him, and I've I've kept it a secret because I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't be that attracted to someone like It's just I know it would bother crisp that guy.
Speaker 3: I think one day he saw that I was falling on Instagram, was like, why are you following this guy? I was like, I didn't even know. I mean, clearly he kind of looks like you. I like that, like kind of he does have a crisp vibe. Anyway, That's what I always say to Chris whenever he catches me being attracted people.
Speaker 1: I'm like, it's only because they look like you?
Speaker 3: What fulish, It's only because he looks like Jimmy.
Speaker 1: No, Okay, I have to go to break.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you about the scene that I want you to watch though, and maybe I won't have to watch it because I'll tell you about it.
Speaker 1: Let me get back from this, okay.
Speaker 3: So it's an episode about like Tom and his family. I think it's the fourth episode. You can just jump to that one, okay. And it's about him and Giselle and him and his family.
Speaker 1: Okay. This the writing was on the wall for their divorce.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I fucking was love when you see like something so clearly. If I would have seen this back in twenty seventeen, I wouldn't have thought it would take until twenty twenty two. I would have thought this is within two years. So there is a scene where she says, and I want to get you guys to weigh in on this. So I love their love, by the way, like I think they had a really good marriage and I I don't and I don't want to speak unkindly about two people I actually do admire. I think Gizelle Bunchin I've been a fan of her since she first came on the scene in like nineteen nine eight. She was always I think, the most beautiful woman to ever I think she's the number one body face at hair everything.
Speaker 1: She's always for me physically.
Speaker 3: If I could look like anyone, it would be Jazelle Bunch and it's always been the one I go to. She's got great antio pelvis and she did yeah, she does train in jiu jitsu. Now she's I think dating her coach, which is cool because I like that there. I man, I would love If there's any I would pay probably ten thousand dollars. I'm not even joking you, and I know that just seems like me flashing money. No, that's a lot of money to me. To see the moment they went from coach and trainee to.
Speaker 1: Something more.
Speaker 3: If there was alcohol involved, I don't care about the footage, right, but if it was just a moment of lust, I deeply, deeply care.
Speaker 2: In a sleeper hole and she's like, oh, oh.
Speaker 3: Hold me softer, yeah, be in a different way. So there's a scene. Oh my god, it like kind of breaks my heart. I almost want to cry because I love Tom so much.
Speaker 1: This is so weird.
Speaker 3: I know this is weird, but I feel I think this guy is such a good person and such a sweetie, and I don't like talking about him in a way that isn't nice because I just feel like he doesn't even want to be this famous. He just wants to play football and do a good job, like he would be playing football if no one cared about it, even like I don't feel like he cares about money and fame. I'm sure he loves all of that stuff, but just doesn't feel like that's why he's in it and so and I really obviously know that he doesn't want people talking about his life, but then you would say, why did he do a documentary? So I will allow myself to comment on the documentary. There is a scene where he is on a vacation with Giselle, which you can tell that Costa Rica is her happy place because she says so. And they're in Costa Rica together and they're doing for the first time in this whole documentary, you're seeing them seated together talking like doing interview style. You know, it's it's interstitials of them doing interviews as they're commenting on the footage. But this is the first time they're together. And there's also her by herself, and that gets very revealing as well. But I can't believe they left this in because there is a scene where they are she's sitting in front of them and there he's got his arm arounder, and they look really cute, and they are cute couple. You can tell they're deeply in love and they have like a great relationship. They have two kids together and also his her stepchild from his first different from his girlfriend previous to them meeting, and then you can tell they're just such a cute family. But she says, you know, Tom, I'm not gonna do her accent. Tom said he would only when I first met Tom, he said ten more years, and by this time it is eleven more years.
Speaker 1: And she said, he said ten more years.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that he said ten more years, and that would all be it, and then we would be a family, and then we would be able to stop and calm down and you know, and she goes, I just want to say that that's what he said, isn't what you said? And there's a little moment between them and then she goes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys, it's crazy. So this was the most revealing part.
Speaker 3: You can tell there's just a little bit of there's tension between them around football.
Speaker 1: A lot of tension.
Speaker 3: Because he'll be he'll lose a game and then he'll show their car ride home and he's like, I just can't believe that happened. I just can't get it out of my head. And she's like, it's okay, it's about the team. You guys just haven't come together yet. And she's kind of saying these empty words that aren't really soothing him, but not because they're empty. She really is trying, and she actually is saying exactly what I would think to say in that, but it just you can tell he's just like in this stuck in this muck, and she can't get out of that for this whole season. And she even says, when Tom is in football season, I take up one hundred percent of the work with the kids, not ninety nine, not ninety nine point nine one hundred, and that interesting to help.
Speaker 1: Well, you still.
Speaker 4: Have to manage.
Speaker 1: You still have to manage people.
Speaker 4: She's finding them, yeah, making sure.
Speaker 3: I don't feel bad for them. I think every relationship has these struggles. I'm only sharing this because I think that people will be interested to see that this perfect couple had fissures that were going on earlier than you would have thought. So then the moment that I'm like, I can't even believe. So he goes, they're talking about you know, she goes, I, I truly don't know much how much longer this is going to go on? Or she says something like that, and he goes, I just want to win two more super Bowls and she goes, okay, okay, So how long is that going to be? And he goes, could be, you know, obviously, it could be two more seasons, he could win two more or it could be whatever. He mentioned several times on his own throughout the documentary that he plans on only quitting when it's emotionally too much for him, but it will never be physically too much. He thinks, he literally thinks he will never have to stop because of physical because he's in this documentary. Is I think he's forty one or two, and he is performing better than he ever has in his life, so why would he He's like, I don't feel like I'm on the down swing yet of my career. I still feel like I'm on the up, like I have another half to go at least, which is insane and not true. Obviously we found out so or did he quit before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he declined a little bit, but he was better than most quarterbacks even after even the final year.
Speaker 3: When I agree, I think he should. I think he could still be playing. I really do. And I think he did leave to focus on his family, and then obviously that didn't work out and it led to divorce or I don't know what led to divorce. But here's the moment, final thought, she says. She goes, I don't know how many more years it will be. I don't She goes, honestly, how many? How many more years? On camera in their interview, she turns on and goes, how many more This is a conversation for me.
Speaker 1: That was a huge moment. And I know that might seem like innocuous.
Speaker 3: How have they never talked about how many more years? It almost as if they have never had this conversation. And she's been waiting for that ten years to wear out, and knowing because he said ten years, he promised her ten years in the beginning, the ten years happened, and then they never really talked about it because she said after the ten years, I remember there's some comment of like then he starts talking about the preseason for the next one, and I was like, wait, what, I thought we were done? Like she thought she remembered the conversation from ten years before, and he it seems to have forgotten it. So she literally asked him on camera how many more years? And he's like, I don't know, and she's like, really, how many? And then she just looks off and there is like you know when two couples when they're driving and they're fighting, and they just look both out the window and yeah, oh my god, you got to read the sign behind, like you go pass it, You got to read what's on the other side. Maybe they have a Bible quote like exactly, you're suddenly interested in bullshit out the window when you're fighting with your husband.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: You guys have to watch this. I was watching it from my phone or I would have screen recorded it it. Instantly shared it with girls Chat because I can't believe more people weren't talking about the scene she had not.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine a couple.
Speaker 3: Who is married and in Your husband is the quarterback for the best quarterback to ever live and for the.
Speaker 1: Best team, and.
Speaker 3: Your whole happiness rides on whether or not he keeps playing, and you're not talking about that to me, it made me feel really good inside. And maybe I'm reacting to this because I also relate to being in a relationship, and I think most people can where there's like these big things.
Speaker 1: That you don't quite talk about because they're too.
Speaker 3: Big and they might mean like if we disagree on this, this might be over, or if we disagree on this, this might be a seven hour fight, which neither of us have time to have, so you just don't talk about them. And it made me feel soothed because Chris and I have come across these in our relationship throughout the years of like, oh, we just don't talk about that thing. We both know it's like an issue for us, and it comes up little flare ups here and there, and maybe we joke about it here and there, but you really it's something as big as how long are you going to be doing this thing that I think is ruining your body, ruining our relationship, ruining your connection with your children, wasting your time in your life.
Speaker 1: And that's what she said.
Speaker 3: She goes, since she just starts talking to the camera guy or like the guy interviewing it, and she goes, it really is about what you want your life to be and he's sitting right behind her right like he's like right out of her preperations. It really is about you just have to realize how do you want to spend your life? How do you want to spend your life on this earth? And it's like whoa. It was just a moment of like I'm tired of this football shit? How much more do you have to prove you already want everything? What do you need to do anymore?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 3: I really this is why I love it. This is this is what makes good TV. Where you can see, you can you can see on both sides of both the villain or whoever is. There's no villain in this. No one's actually being made out to be the villain. In some ways, I really empathize with Giselle of like what is this for?
Speaker 1: Who really matters to you?
Speaker 3: And I think that you know, people who have been in relationships with me can friendship, family, boyfriend, can go Why is this date on the road more important to you than maybe uh spending you know, going to your nephew's birthday? Like what what are you gonna be on your deathbed? And remember are you really gonna remember a kid blowing out candles. No, you should go to this casino in the middle of Pennsylvania, Like you have to make choices in your life when you think about your death.
Speaker 1: Sorry, thank you for laughing at that. I meant to.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, so I'm on tom Brady's side here, which is what?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, how are you just saying that to be funny, Because make a promise at the beginning of your relationship. I'm only going to play ten more years and then begrudge her for being a little upset about it.
Speaker 2: Because Tom Brady. I know that he had kids and he got married, but Tom Brady's entire life is based around him him achieving greatness in football.
Speaker 3: There's another moment that will support what you're gonna say, and I'll let you finish.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I'm just saying, like, you married this guy. You know, he was like one of the greatest football players of all time.
Speaker 1: You know he ten years Brian.
Speaker 2: But how is he supposed to know what's going to happen ten years from now?
Speaker 1: He doesn't know. And that's what divorce is for. Not to change you change your mind.
Speaker 3: I'll never cheat on you, I'll never want something more I'll never I'll never stop loving you. Things change, like we can't be beholden to these promises we make. We can try to keep those, but the only promise Tom Brady has kept really is the one to himself to always give one hundred percent of football. And this, okay, this is the real moment, if you want to talk about a moment. Him and Giselle are sitting there and they're talking about football, and she goes, can I just can I please play it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: It's less than twenty seconds. Okay, I think you need to hear it.
Speaker 2: The reason why she was attracted to him in the first place is the thing she's trying to destroy now. I think like.
Speaker 3: He's no, Nope, she loves him for him, She doesn't give up.
Speaker 2: I'm sure she would have married Tom Brady if he wasn't a NFL quarterback. I'm sure if he was just some guy who worked at Applebee's, she would have married him too, because she loves him for him.
Speaker 4: Oh, that happens all the time for people in relationships. What do you mean where you are attracted to someone for one thing and then over time that's the thing that kind of like absolutely, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I guarantee you when he said the ten year thing, it wasn't just like, by the way, babe, I'm just telling you right now, letting you know that this is only gonna last ten years and that's all you have to worry about. I guarantee. It was like, how long do you think you're going to be playing football for? And he finally was like, I don't know, ten years. And she held on too that for decades, sat on that in her pocket.
Speaker 3: I agree that that could be a thing where it was like, yeah, it was something he said and didn't really mean, and she took it as like that is the honest to god truth.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think it's gonna be on.
Speaker 3: Episode five, which I can't find right now. Anyway, what I want to say is what she said that I should have had it a queued up. She goes, Honestly, he loves football. I honestly, I think football is his first love. I think football And she says that right, and it sits there, and then she kind of moves off of him because she kind of leaned on him at this point, so it's all about body language. Then she moves off of him and she goes, honestly, she's like kind of moving away because she's feeling I'm putting a lot on this that is is probably not in her heat.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to speak her. But to me, your body language.
Speaker 3: Spoke of like, wait a second, I'm actually I feel this way about it.
Speaker 1: She goes honestly, and she kind of turns him.
Speaker 3: She's like, it is I think football is your first love, meaning like you love something more than me, ah, and it's football, and she goes and she turns to him, and he just goes, you know, he's just like kind of laughing, looking at the documentary guy that's interviewing them, kind of like can we move on? And she goes, it's true, and then she looks away because he won't give her anything, and she goes, it's it's because it's true. It's true, and she's just defeated and looks off into the ocean. Dude, that moment where you like you realize it's he can't say it. He can't say it's not true, and he's kind of laughing, and I don't think he wants to admit it, even to himself, but she does say, and we have to go, I'm sorry, this has become a review of a documentary series that happened seven years ago on Facebook. It's new to us. Really, it's new to me and new to us. I know it's new, and it's free on Facebook. Everyone has Facebook. Everyone can watch it. It's not leaving anyone else. It's just like the CW app. So the thing is, though she says, I will say, he does love football like he he loves he loves it more than I've seen anyone love anything, which I think is kind of cool. And I think that's why he's Tom Brady is because he actually loves what he does so much. And that's what I've always said about stand up when people are like, how do I when they start stand up?
Speaker 1: How do I get good?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, it shouldn't be You shouldn't have to think about what you have to do.
Speaker 1: It should just be easy because you should.
Speaker 3: Want to only think about it, do it and talk about it and write about it and think about it and look at everything through like you should be obsessed because you love it so much. It shouldn't be hard. Early age, early stand up, when you're like, people are like, how did you drive to these shows and perform for these horrible crowds and deal with these bookers and these and I'm like, there was not one part of me that was like this is hard. It's not like I enjoyed sleeping in a comedy condo with a man who didn't shower and was kind of creepy to me and flew in his MySpace girlfriend who really hated me because she thought she was jealous of me. And then I had to and I had to buy new sheets with the money I made the first night of the show because that Tommy Kanda was discussing. It's not like I liked any of that, but there was no part of me that was like there's another way, or like this is just what I have to do to do the thing I love. And I'm grateful that I liked it so much. And do I love it as much now? Yeah, I think I still do, but it's just it's just at a different level.
Speaker 2: It's more mature now.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed with Tom Brady in that way truly can be. I really think I want to become an expert in him in some way.
Speaker 2: Like she loves Tom Brady documentaries more than me.
Speaker 1: I just does.
Speaker 3: Say Nikki loves an old sports documentary more than anyone I've ever met, like I love if you have recommendations, like I've said, people recommended a lot of thirty for thirties and I screenedhotted them and I don't remember if I got back to them.
Speaker 2: But if you have any well, there's new Tom Brady documentaries out right now. There's like the Dynasty one about his whole time with the paper.
Speaker 1: I don't want to watch him play. I mean I do.
Speaker 3: I like watching him play when he's talking about it, but I don't like other commentators just talking about him playing and then just showing grid Iron action.
Speaker 2: Like I come on, come.
Speaker 3: On, I want to see him in his car quietly talking about his feelings. Okay, So if any best he's watched this and take me up on watching it, will you write to me about it so we can talk about how good it is and you talk to me about your favorite moments because it would mean a lot to me. And I'm sorry if this episode wasn't interesting to you, but I think I.
Speaker 1: Have a feeling that it was. Okay, I love you guys, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I have to go now do local Saint Louis Television because I'm doing a Fox. I'm doing a show at the Fox Theater in Saint Louis April April twenty seventh. Big, big venue, I think forty two hundred seats, which is one of the biggest venues I've ever played, by far, the biggest in Saint Louis, iconic place. I went to see Pocahontas at the Fox Theater when I was in fifth grade. I was interviewed outside by KMOX TV. It was the first time I was ever on TV saying that I love Poconas.
Speaker 1: It was a lie.
Speaker 3: The first thing I said on TV was a lie. I was too old for a Poconas. I didn't like it. It really, I think fell off after Lion King, but I did get on TV lying and saying I loved it.
Speaker 1: I love the raccoon. So I'm going back to the Fox.
Speaker 3: I'm going to perform with a band as well, so that will be a special thing. There will be a lot of special things happening that night. April twenty seventh. Almost sold out, so if you're Saint Louis, get your tickets. I will be in Ronert Park this week this weekend, the Saturday or Friday and Saturday, I'm Ronert Park, California.
Speaker 1: I think that's I think that's a little north.
Speaker 3: And then I'm in Temecula at the Pachanga Casino on Saturday night. Benedict Pilotzi Bilitzi from f Boy Island will be in attendance. We are doing a cross promo thing. He is going to be doing a set. He's gonna be hilarious. That will be Saturday, and then the following week I'm I'm all over. I'm in Waukegan, Illinois.
Speaker 4: We're alse Minneapolis Minneapolis Slay Theater on the twelfth.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Minneapolis. I fucking love going to Minneapolis. Please come out for that, Bestie. That would be amazing. Then I'm in New Orleans. Oh my god, I'm in New Orleans. I'm gonna be in New Orleans at the Mahalia Jackson Theater.
Speaker 1: I've never been there before. In Minneapolis, I'm gonna be at the State.
Speaker 3: Theater, and then Houston, and then I'm in Houston on Sunday. So this is next next week, the twelfth, twelve, thirteenth, and fourteenth Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Listen to that.
Speaker 3: Tour schedule at Minneapolis, New Orleans and then Houston in one weekend. That doesn't even make sense. So those will be such fun shows. Houston always comes out so big for me.
Speaker 1: That'll be on.
Speaker 3: Houston Texas Music Hall in Houston on Sunday, and then Monday, I will be in Austin, Texas at at somewhere that I will announce soon, but that'll be a date in Austin. If you live in Austin on the fifteenth, save that date and tune in to my Instagram to find out what that is. And then I just also want to throw out Wakegan Illinois in the nineteenth, Niagara Falls, New York on the twentieth, Huntington, New York on the twenty first.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, and then the twenty seventh in Saint Louis I'm only doing and then Omaha on the twenty eighth, Omaha, Omaha on the twenty eighth, which I love Omaha. I love the County Rose song about it.
Speaker 2: And you've really done Huntington before, I.
Speaker 1: Think I have. Actually, Yeah, what is it like.
Speaker 2: You're going to entertain those Long Island bros?
Speaker 1: Oh? Really is it?
Speaker 2: It's a Nassau County Long Island. It's like, yeah, it's Hampton's probably No, not even close.
Speaker 1: Are you on Long Island though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in Suffolk County.
Speaker 1: But it's like four hours away. Yeah, you're at the Paramount. That's a great theater. It's really nice. Have you been there too? Who have you? Stands there?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Clutch the band Clutch and I just love to hear the bands and what Gore?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: Okay, I know that band.
Speaker 3: It's so cool to be in places where Gore, Like I will look at a toilet seat that one of the guys from Gore has sat on.
Speaker 2: Gar. What if?
Speaker 3: What if Gar put down toilet seat covers? That would be so funny to see one of those guys in those masks.
Speaker 4: Don't they wear masks, the whole disgusting, terrifying masks.
Speaker 2: Does anybody have any purel.
Speaker 1: Washing their hands with like a honey lavender scented like lathering funny? Those masks is so funny. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, using like a tiny bath towel and then propping it back up like folding it to make it look a bit nice again. Oh that is so I picture heavy metal guys actually being very polite in their normal life because they're so crazy on stage.
Speaker 1: It's like they're probably really nice outside of it. I bet that is. I bet they most.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, miss you dropped your card.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're guard. Okay, thank you guys so much for listening. Uh check out those dates, come see us on tour. I love you, Thank you for listening to podcast.
Speaker 1: And we had a great week. Have a great weekend, and do not picure and bye.