Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Alec bald trend. Mmmmmm the trend a bald trend. Lie, Hey, that tires got some bald trends.
Speaker 2: I mean, everybody, seriously check their treads on your tires. For so many people out here do not understand how fucking.
Speaker 1: Situation fucking inner tubes out here.
Speaker 2: Yo, Well you're tired out here, looking like my head after I just shaved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want that. You don't want that.
Speaker 1: I'm Jack O'Brien. That well, that's Miles Gray. Yeah, uh uh. These are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday afternoon. Miles breaking news. You and I started watching the seven m documentary that just on our own, independently living parallel, separate lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. It's I think the number one thing on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Maybe it is the number one thing on Netflix. So we're not alone. It's not that crazy that we start watching it at the same time.
Speaker 3: No, the algorithms made us.
Speaker 1: I was excited to watch. My wife and I had the had date night last night. I love the Tuesday date night. You know, usually we're Thursday, but sometimes we push it forward because we got to alternate and a Tuesday date night, getting that in early in the.
Speaker 3: Week stay at home date night.
Speaker 1: So last night we went to a Korean dessert place with shaved snow and just got a little dessert, had some chicken wings before, and then came home and watched I thought we were gonna be able to watch the new link Later movie hit Man, because I like Richard link Later movies and I love the premise of this movie, which is essentially that hit men don't really exist, which is something we kept running into in uh, something we kept running into at Cracked when we were like we kept finding these stories where people would try and hire hitmen and they would always be FBI. It was just always FBI stings every over and over again. And so like, wait did hit men get invented by movie genres? And like they don't actually exist?
Speaker 2: Or like Richard Kuklinsky be like the only person you could kind of call it like mobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like mob people for sure, but like in terms of people who are just like a set of skills, I'm a hit man who's just like all purpose doesn't really exist, and so.
Speaker 3: Do they're called our modern law enforcement?
Speaker 1: Hey watch it.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, gotta go, but this documentary.
Speaker 1: Anyways came home. That movie doesn't come out on Netflix until Friday, so we watched The Seven Mulung Walk. To tell you why I started watching this documentary. Everyone's watching. I can say it's in a Korean church.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting because I remember seeing the trailer and I was like, man, I don't give a shit about TikTok dancing ship, Like like the trailer sadly, I'm so fucking depraved. I was like, where's the murder at And I'm like the same cult then, like this ain't a cult I need to fucking know about, Like where are people getting fucking carved up and served up to the TikTok lord? But when you watch it, it is a very interesting look in how, you know, fame and the pursuit of stardom combined with many other factors like fitting in and having like you know, financial stability, can turn you into a servant of this pastor who apparently is just.
Speaker 1: He takes the kids from their family, and they family off, they cut all their old friends out of their lives, and he's like, I'm going to make you rich and famous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's wild too, because some of the people were like, I mean and I was getting money, so it was even though I had to give fifty percent to him and all these tithings and shit, Uh it's it. Yeah, I don't know, but I think it's really interesting. I'm I'm going to finish it. I'm two episodes in and.
Speaker 1: They're like very successful dancers. Like the people who are part of the cult have like millions of followers on Instagram, and like there there are ads that they show, like them getting this like Toyota ad where they're like dancing their way into you know, some some new model of Toyota And I was like, that looks familiar, but right, I think that seems like look the same now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But anyways, no word on what the seven ms stand for. I don't think as of yet. We do have a story tomorrow about three m that you can look forward to, but we're just knocking out all the numbered m evils in the world.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think it's a yeah, it's just a it's interesting. I think like it says a lot to me. It said a lot about like I feel like the pandemic was also a huge thing that drove a lot of these creators into this business relationship because this guy had a house and it's sort of like, hey, man, there's not work right now, but we can figure out a way to do it, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, we will. I don't know if I'll continue watching it. My wife grew up in a Korean church and was like, this looks like all the shots from inside the cult like look like what she grew up around. But obviously they weren't forced to like move into a giant housing complex together, where like he determined who who you like?
Speaker 2: A yeah, and I gotta say her the choreography she doesn't. Her TikTok though, is pretty next level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she did just announce that she signed with seven M, but that's more for business purposes.
Speaker 2: And the reason Jack is in the videos anymore is because he's taking a little bit of a break from the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I still do have the main problem that you are mentioning that like this could just be like a couple of years of them. Yeah, they're like, yeah, they weren't talking to us anymore for a little while, but then they got over it, you know. Yeah, like the the actual stakes might.
Speaker 2: Not be No, but I think you realize I think, and also for me being like a new parent, like just when you see like this sort of contorted looks of pain on the faces of these parents who are like they're like, my kid literally doesn't talk to me anymore, and like they shun me because they've now this person is their new everything. That's I get those steaks. But yeah, maybe it'll I'm like what I'm like in my mind, like does it need to be more salacious than that for you to actually engage with it?
Speaker 3: And a part of me is like maybe, but no, but no, I might stick around.
Speaker 1: There's a wild part where they're like the parents go out to California. They're like from Detroit, and they're like just going around looking at the background of the videos and trying to like geo match it with like this neighborhood that they think that she might live in, and they like successfully do it. They're like, wait, there's a water tower back there.
Speaker 3: Google water.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, if you had some shit like that, I feel like the freaks that I've seen on the internet who can look at just random street view pictures and be like this is Bulgaria.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah en listen, then all.
Speaker 1: Right, Spotify is raising their prices again, whereas grocery stores target, Walmart, aldi are all lowering prices on some items McDonald's, even McDonald's even so, I don't know, We've been hearing for years now that it's just inflation. These are complicated market forces that are beyond our control. And really the only person we can blame is like Joe Biden and the Fed and and uh you know or whoever's president and uh something something balanced the budget. Except we're getting more and more evidence that prices are going up because they the people realize that there's not enough competition to have any reason not to raise prices on people. So like, basically this is where capitalism stops working. So, for instance, it with Spotify. The company underwent three rounds of job cuts last year, so people are pointing that, being like, so they got to raise prices to get some more money. You know, you look at that company must be in some rough shape, no weight. They reported a record profit of one hundred and eighty three million dollars in the first quarter of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, look, I think at this point, like we really have to stop even mentioning inflation as like a thing anymore, because it's just become so clear. It's just prices have gone up in so many sectors purely because they kind.
Speaker 3: Of looked around.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, man, you raise prices too, and they're still buying it. Yeah, okay, maybe just let's raise it a little bit more and just yeah, just start making more money.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I don't think they really know. We just keep saying it's inflation and shit like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just basically finding out that they will raise they will charge you as much as they can get away with, not so that they can like pay for innovation, but so that their shareholders and executives can take that money and put it in their bank account. Right Like, that's that is what the out of control inflation is. So for with Target Walmart, I'll de like that nothing happened all of a sudden up the you know, supply chain. It's just they recognize, Okay, customers seem to be bothered by this, so now as an opportunity for us to lower prices. I'm not complaining about that. It's just interesting that, you know, the media that's to be charting this and talking about how it's like out of their control and there's nothing that can be done. Is no longer raising those like out of control, you know, market forces that are as unshakable as gravity. Now that they're lowering prices, it's just like, yeah, so they're going to try this to see if they can get more money. The other detail that came out in the past couple of weeks is that the FBI recently rated a corporate landlord as part of an investigation into their artificially increasing rents through collusion. And so the investigation centers around the use of something called reil Page, which is a software that these different corporate landlords use to set prices for rent. But what it's doing is technically making it so everybody raises prices at the same rate in the same areas, so there's no competition. There's one central price setter, and they are The thing that is that they're interested in is making as much money for landlords as possible. Yeah, and that's illegal. That's called collusion. Dude.
Speaker 3: They're even telling on themselves like, well, they.
Speaker 1: Don't It feels like they don't know that this is illegal. They're like, wait, what but right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the morality aside, They're like, I don't I don't think I think you can do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just they turn the volume up on people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, landlords that are supposed to be in competition with each other outsourced daily pricing and ongoing revenue oversight to real Page and the company allegedly or the company like basically says it in their like literature literature. They're like, we allow corporate landlords who are technically competitors to work together to make us all more successful in our pricing.
Speaker 2: Put evil fucking statement, Yeah, to make this all more successful.
Speaker 3: And I want I want more success in my pricing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: You mean fucking squeezing every last penny out of something anyway?
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, FBI hope this leads to something.
Speaker 1: But it's just completely lost dollar track of how capitalism is supposed to even work because it's just been so out of control, deregulated, and all of the communication has been taken over by the corporate side of the conversation, so that yeah, there's nothing pushing back on.
Speaker 2: Well except for now people just being fed up and it's just all going to manifest and just instability.
Speaker 1: But even this massive price fixing like collusion scandal, like doesn't get picked up that much. It's pretty crazy. Like the FBI rated their corporate headquarters and is like this is wild. This is not just a local story. This is nationally Like this software is being used nationally to set prices, and like prices have been going up I think thirty percent year over year around the country. Yeah. So, but maybe good news. Maybe maybe people are getting fed up enough that we're gonna people are going to start paying attention to shit like this. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: Just a little detail from the Trump trial. Some people are floating the theory, most notably Us in the Right Now that Trump lost in New York because his legal team was constantly bloated and drowsy from the shit diet that he forced down their throat. One of his lawyers, Todd Blanche, just appeared on a legal podcast and described how his criminal defense was fueled by junk food, including McDonald's. And there's images of just Giant like it looks like this.
Speaker 3: Is doing Uber eats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Secret services returned from a Costco shopping trip.
Speaker 2: Dude, they don't even have like the regular hand Like these McDonald's bags have fucking.
Speaker 3: Handles on them. Yeah, so much fucking each There's like the quote.
Speaker 1: McDonald's bags, you can possibly have.
Speaker 2: Three secret service agents bags in both hands. Some have multiple bags in each hand. And man, the stress eating in there must have been fucking out of control. If like everything was McDonald's. It's like, yeah, I'll hands on deck, man, just more burgers.
Speaker 3: Itzza. You need to be farting, just need to be farting so I can stay awake, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this does shed some light into I need to fart to wake myself up. But it does shed some light into like the thing that we heard about him in court was that he was very sleepy and farting. Yeah, and hey processed foods to do a body and when it wasn't McDonald's, it was quote pizza or quote other non healthy alternatives to McDonald's.
Speaker 3: That is such a funny description.
Speaker 1: So the lawyer had to like stop eating. He was like, so I had to like eat on my way to court or on my way home, and I ended up losing eight pounds as a result.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just again, I love that they're like other unhealthy options. You could have just said it was just other junk food, but just like really being like, yeah, I wonder what that would have been if he's not eating what what does he pivot to?
Speaker 3: If you're a McDonald's guy, Like, it's not burger king?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you like maybe maybe it is just king?
Speaker 3: Mister president? What about shakeshack? What?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Too healthy? Too healthy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Totle, I feel like would be too healthy.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I love a love I love a fucking Fiesta bowl.
Speaker 3: Or remember that when he was running for president, He's.
Speaker 2: Like he said, yeah, I love the taco bowl here.
Speaker 1: He really just is richly rich as an adult, Like you can't even comprehend that a team of grown up legal experts would not want fucking McDonald's three meals a day. I know.
Speaker 3: And so, but but I mean that's how far.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you talk about people who have sick of fans around them, they completely lose touch, But to lose touch to the point where you think you can subject other adults to three square feels of McDonald's And that's gonna bro, don't even know fucking I don't even know if I would have done that at my highest as a teenager, right, but like, yeah, dude, McDonald's breakfast, McDonald's is McDonald's dinner.
Speaker 1: It must smelled like absolute shit in that room and then in the courtroom too, Like that can be you know, they're like all these hacks of like you wear glasses on the stand or when you're a defendant and it makes you look more innocent or you know. But I I wonder if they have like smell hacks. But like just be unleashing fileo fish farts in the court room.
Speaker 2: You know, come on, you don't fart off Fialleo fish man makes you stronger, nah man.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the one health no idea. That's the when I feel healthy. That's yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's why I think why I would always eat subway tuna, because even though it is actually like calorically maybe like worse, because it's just basically mayonnaise and yoga mats crunched up together. Mm hmm, part of me is like, man, it's a tuna, though, that's that's natural from the sea.
Speaker 1: You might have those forever chemicals though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, you'll hear there's another revelation that Jack breaks on my absolute dome piece in the episode You here tomorrow and you'll lose even more.
Speaker 3: Respect for me.
Speaker 1: You're mostly microplastics at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fine, all right.
Speaker 1: Alec Baldwin has a reality show now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, noted asshole and his wife Hilardia noted fake Spaniard announced that TLSA TLC has made the terrible decision to give them a fucking reality show about their family. The only thing that I feel like for people at like a network like TLC to be like, how many kids they got?
Speaker 3: Oh nine, they got nine kids under twelve?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're having that, putting her octamom numbers, come on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow, putting up throwing up the oc. Yeah. So this is a show.
Speaker 2: There's not really much details about it, but like it's got to be half like pr resurrection attempt for you know, Alec Baldwin, given everything that happened with the Rust shooting. And I don't know, like, is Iladia gonna is Hillary gonna be speaking English?
Speaker 3: Is she gonna be doing.
Speaker 1: That's what we have Discovery name's Hillary.
Speaker 2: And she was like I went to Spain so much like I like that kind of ship.
Speaker 3: How you say cucumber?
Speaker 1: Cucumber, cucumber?
Speaker 3: Yes see see yes see. But yeah, I don't know. I mean, is who in your mind?
Speaker 2: Who is the Alec Baldwin reality show viewer.
Speaker 3: I know people will hate watch.
Speaker 2: I'll probably hate watch the first episode just to understand what we're dealing with here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think people people who saw the how you say cucumber video, people who just yeah, hate watch and just want want to see. Like I I'm curious, and I don't I don't really fuck with reality TV, but like, I'm curious, what kind of hell?
Speaker 2: What kind of Yeah, the guy who is calling his daughter like a a disrespectful little pig or whatever, Like, yeah, let me see what you look like with another swing at it here while you're on fucking camera.
Speaker 1: Or nine more swings at it.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, dude, he called his like fucking daughter a bitch. It was kind of fucked up. Seven years old. Yeah, Like, I don't know if this is good for.
Speaker 2: Alec Baldwin, but yeah, here we are here, we are doing their thing, giving me the ship to watch all day.
Speaker 1: Finally, have you watched any of the Venom movies?
Speaker 4: No, that was I was like, I know, I've seen a Venom character is Tom Hardy Venom?
Speaker 1: Tom Hardy is Venom. I I don't think I've even watched the trailer for the first two. This trailer kind of got me. It gets me, Miles oh Ship.
Speaker 3: Okay on is Joelle winning an NBA championship.
Speaker 1: It's called Venom The Last Dance. Presumably it's about Venom's NBA career coming to an end, but it's just yeah, it's like super power, like he has like matrix superpowers. When in the city be Out takes over, there's a dance sequence. The action looks fun. I don't know. I was not interested in any of the other Venom movies, but apparently they all did extremely So they're in the same boat as like Madam Webb and what was what was the morebius yea, they're like non Spider Man spider Man. Yeah, yeah, And apparently they've all done like really well like it, and they they're going back to the well one more time for a third one. And according to people who saw the first two, like this one looks better. So I don't know. The first one made nearly a billion dollars globally.
Speaker 3: Which what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Alright, So I don't know. There's there's also this Trent where like, uh he co wrote it the Tom Hardy co wrote it. That happening more like with star like the hit Man movie, The Guy from a Top Gun.
Speaker 3: Maverick Glenn Powell.
Speaker 1: Glenn Powell co wrote that one. So like stars are getting in on the rating.
Speaker 2: Is that is that like a sweetener for for them to sign the deal? Yeah, to be like we'll give you a writing credit, or are they.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, I got fuck an idea for how that could be? Really sick?
Speaker 2: Like Tom, just we need you and your beautiful mouth to not be seen and just be in.
Speaker 3: A suit to the whole movie.
Speaker 2: You're kind of one of those actors we don't like to see on camera have your face covered.
Speaker 3: Is that possible? But yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean everybody, no, I mean, I think, like any anything in any industry, people are like, if that, if there's another bag I can get, then yeah, give me that producer credit. Let me get that writer credit, that story behind it, we get that director.
Speaker 1: Anyways, so they just dropped the trailer. I thought it looked pretty good, but you guys can determine for yourselves. But I think, like, I think it looked like a good time.
Speaker 3: It's funny, like it might look good. And then here, meanwhile, here I am, I'm like, oh, the new j Lo Ai movie that's going to be absolutely terrible. I got help, I got some I got two hours for that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this looks like a good bad time.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, at least this, like even from the stills about like him turning into like a symbiat stallion, like gliding through the air. It looks more interesting than the thing I just watched where it's such a fucking AI industry like love letter.
Speaker 1: Just kind of learn love.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just got to learn to love it and embrace it and give it all.
Speaker 2: Your secrets so they think beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Uh, that's gonna do it for today. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get your vaccines, get blue shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy. Will Patil Maara fit later